PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler suffers meniscus injury, out 4-6 weeks

Aapox
02-23-2018, 10:47 PM
It didn't. I think Nene falling into his right leg tweaked something and then we he went to plant he really felt it. I'd be surprised if it's not some sort of major tear. Godspeed Jimmy.

J4KOP99
02-23-2018, 10:48 PM
Just left the Minnesota v. Houston game. Did not look good. Right knee. More to follow.

mightybosstone
02-23-2018, 11:42 PM
It was a weird play. It's hard to tell if Nene falling on it did it or if he just slipped or stumbled a little when he tried to plant the leg and injured it that way. But those weird plays like that are the scariest ones, and I fear the worst.

I wonder how much this injury will ultimately bring up the "rest vs. injury" discussion. I realize it's right after the All Star break, so it's not exactly an ideal time to make this argument, but I've got to think Butler leading the league in minutes per game doesn't help much. Between he, Wiggins and KAT, wasn't it only a matter of time before one of those guys went down with an injury? Thibodeau's archaic coaching habits have got to evolve, because if he keeps overplaying his star players and they keep getting hurt, there aren't too many teams that will want to hire him.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2018, 11:51 PM
Well at least Taylor and Thibs have an excuse for the slide that was likely coming. Same ol' **** next year. Iso, pick and choose defense, guys tired in the 4th, Wiggins and Teague giving zip effort and showing up when they feel like it, and another wasted year of "growth". I hate the style they play, they are miles from playing with the real teams, and this is the least interested I have ever been in a Wolves team.

Better luck next year pups

Texan_Rocket
02-23-2018, 11:55 PM
From what i saw, it looked like when Nene fell on it, he might have tweaked it and should have got off of it, but he kept battling for the rebound and that might have injured it more seriously.

Vinny642
02-23-2018, 11:56 PM
Season ender

Texan_Rocket
02-23-2018, 11:56 PM
Well at least Taylor and Thibs have an excuse for the slide that was likely coming. Same ol' **** next year. Iso, pick and choose defense, guys tired in the 4th, Wiggins and Teague giving zip effort and showing up when they feel like it, and another wasted year of "growth". I hate the style they play, they are miles from playing with the real teams, and this is the least interested I have ever been in a Wolves team.

Wanting a new coach?

mightybosstone
02-24-2018, 12:02 AM
There might be some hope yet. Crossing my fingers that Butler's not done for the year...

Hawkeye15
02-24-2018, 12:15 AM
Wanting a new coach?

New Coach, new PG, and new SF

ewing
02-24-2018, 12:16 AM
There might be some hope yet. Crossing my fingers that Butler's not done for the year...

great news. The Wolves are an interesting team. Right now they would play OKC in the first round and it would probably be the only interesting first round match up in the playoffs.

More-Than-Most
02-24-2018, 12:20 AM

i really really really want wiggins to be good... he has every single tool and the size... its mind boggling man.

Scoots
02-24-2018, 12:21 AM
If Jimmy goes down it significantly simplifies the battle out west.

ewing
02-24-2018, 12:23 AM
If Jimmy goes down it significantly simplifies the battle out west.

I don't think so. Its GS and Houston has an outside chance. After that OKC has a hail mary type shot at an upset against one of those two. I would take Minn against OKC but think OKC has a better shot against the big boys b/c they could potentially make the game ugly and lower scoring then give to there finishers.

ewing
02-24-2018, 12:25 AM
i really really really want wiggins to be good... he has every single tool and the size... its mind boggling man.

whenever I watch which isnt much he is always shooting off balance. IDK just doesn't seem like a really good player to me

Shammyguy3
02-24-2018, 12:47 AM
It was a weird play. It's hard to tell if Nene falling on it did it or if he just slipped or stumbled a little when he tried to plant the leg and injured it that way. But those weird plays like that are the scariest ones, and I fear the worst.

I wonder how much this injury will ultimately bring up the "rest vs. injury" discussion. I realize it's right after the All Star break, so it's not exactly an ideal time to make this argument, but I've got to think Butler leading the league in minutes per game doesn't help much. Between he, Wiggins and KAT, wasn't it only a matter of time before one of those guys went down with an injury? Thibodeau's archaic coaching habits have got to evolve, because if he keeps overplaying his star players and they keep getting hurt, there aren't too many teams that will want to hire him.

Why did players that play heavier minutes in the past over a greater time frame not get hurt? Its easy to blame a coach, but Butler wouldnt even be top 10 in minutes per game if this was 15 years ago

ewing
02-24-2018, 12:52 AM
Why did players that play heavier minutes in the past over a greater time frame not get hurt? Its easy to blame a coach, but Butler wouldnt even be top 10 in minutes per game if this was 15 years ago

Did guys not get hurt or was everyone a little less butthurt if someone got hurt? I'm honestly not sure but it seems like in general when something bad happen now people need to point a finger. In the old days people more often said "**** happens" (sucks but "**** happens")

c.c.
02-24-2018, 01:17 AM
For some odd reason I had a feeling this dude was gonna get injured when I heard his reason for not playing in the all star game.

goingfor28
02-24-2018, 01:27 AM
i really really really want wiggins to be good... he has every single tool and the size... its mind boggling man.I just don't think he cares enough. He got his money and now he's content coasting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

R. Johnson#3
02-24-2018, 09:16 AM
I just don't think he cares enough. He got his money and now he's content coasting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

His lack of effort was talked about ever since college. IIRC it was one of the only knocks on him coming into the draft. He really could be amazing if he wanted to be.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2018, 09:59 AM

He won't be. 300 games in, with a huge role day 1. Age is irrelevant. He is a coaster. We all know them in life. They just get by

Bartlee23
02-24-2018, 10:21 AM
What's the over/under Derrick Rose is on the team in the next week or so?

Scoots
02-24-2018, 11:52 AM
I don't think so. Its GS and Houston has an outside chance. After that OKC has a hail mary type shot at an upset against one of those two. I would take Minn against OKC but think OKC has a better shot against the big boys b/c they could potentially make the game ugly and lower scoring then give to there finishers.

My point was more about the teams below the top 2 trying to make the playoffs. It was a 3.5 game gap from 3 to 9 ... if Butler goes away the Wolves might slide those 3 games fairly easily and might miss the playoffs.

Scoots
02-24-2018, 11:53 AM

15 years ago players didn't prepare their bodies to the high level they do now so the game was easier on their bodies.

ewing
02-24-2018, 11:56 AM
My point was more about the teams below the top 2 trying to make the playoffs. It was a 3.5 game gap from 3 to 9 ... if Butler goes away the Wolves might slide those 3 games fairly easily and might miss the playoffs.

but it competitive basketball doesn't start til the conference finals so who cares?

Shammyguy3
15 years ago players didn't prepare their bodies to the high level they do now so the game was easier on their bodies.

I call bull

ewing
I call bull

I agree

Chronz
02-24-2018, 01:05 PM
I call bull

It's True and teams have commented on it before. The game was simpler back then, today you have to guard on a string as a team vs the 1v1 affair of yesteryear, also interior athletes . Heard some theories about shoes being too effective putting more strain on their bodies.

ewing
02-24-2018, 01:14 PM
It's True and teams have commented on it before. The game was simpler back then, today you have to guard on a string as a team vs the 1v1 affair of yesteryear, also interior athletes . Heard some theories about shoes being too effective putting more strain on their bodies.

Your it complicated theory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shammyguy3
02-24-2018, 01:30 PM

15 years ago isnt all that long ago. In 2003, Butler would not even be in the top 30 in MPG. Now he is 2nd. And that is in a season where there are less back to backs, more time in between games on average, and in a less physically demanding defensive era (note, defenses today are definitely more refined, but those early 00s were arguably the toughest era for offenses to score in due to the lack in understanding of the 3, the way defenses were allow to play, etc.)

nastynice
02-24-2018, 01:35 PM

I think this is the reason. Everything is more competitive now, not just basketball but almost every industry

The US has a work addiction and this is the natural by product

ewing
02-24-2018, 02:00 PM
So far we have seen Haywood, Kp, and maybe Butler go down to serious injury. It not like this guys are dripping like flys and I feel like that is a lot. Guys got hurt in 2000 too right?

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 03:16 PM
This sucks, but itís honestly what the most ungrateful fans in the NBA deserve. They would rather loose games than win games in a way that doesnít include players they like. Itís quite sickening and pathetic, but now they are actually happy they will be loosing. Conditioned fóó- losers for a fan base.

Shammyguy3
02-24-2018, 03:26 PM
This sucks, but itís honestly what the most ungrateful fans in the NBA deserve. They would rather loose games than win games in a way that doesnít include players they like. Itís quite sickening and pathetic, but now they are actually happy they will be loosing. Conditioned fóó- losers for a fan base.

Not sure where all of this hostility comes from

akagiredsuns
02-24-2018, 03:41 PM

Did u really just say Okc has a shot? They be lucky to win 1 against either dubs or rockets. Wow just :facepalm:

Nikeman
02-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Did u really just say Okc has a shot? They be lucky to win 1 against either dubs or rockets. Wow just :facepalm:

OKC has demolished GS twice and I believe has beaten Houston. If you have watched them actually play those games, they come out and play with fire. They play to their competition which is unfortunate, but expect some big things from them come post season.

Not saying they take out GS or Houston, but they will not just lay down and get their ***** handed to them every game, I expect competitive games.

flea
02-24-2018, 03:56 PM
So far we have seen Haywood, Kp, and maybe Butler go down to serious injury. It not like this guys are dripping like flys and I feel like that is a lot. Guys got hurt in 2000 too right?

They only got hurt in 2000 when they showed up to games drunk after a McDonalds bender. Pristine athletes today only get hurt because they are too good at what they do. In all seriousness, other than for big men I think the athleticism today is worse than it was 10 and 20 years ago. I said on PSD like 5 years ago that within 10-15 years fans will say things like 'Steve Nash could never play in today's era because he was too slow.' Looks like we're right on schedule.

ewing
02-24-2018, 04:24 PM
They only got hurt in 2000 when they showed up to games drunk after a McDonalds bender. Pristine athletes today only get hurt because they are too good at what they do. In all seriousness, other than for big men I think the athleticism today is worse than it was 10 and 20 years ago. I said on PSD like 5 years ago that within 10-15 years fans will say things like 'Steve Nash could never play in today's era because he was too slow.' Looks like we're right on schedule.

Itíd be too complicated for Nash

Hawkeye15
02-24-2018, 04:41 PM

Please don't speak for or to our fan base about being a Wolves fan You can show up after years and claim fanhood, but all you do is act like your opinions are abobe all else, and bring hostility to the board.

You don't know hoops. Been proving it since post 1.

Vinylman
02-24-2018, 05:39 PM
Please don't speak for or to our fan base about being a Wolves fan You can show up after years and claim fanhood, but all you do is act like your opinions are abobe all else, and bring hostility to the board.

Bam!

lakerfan85
02-24-2018, 06:01 PM
MRI revealed a Meniscal Injury..

GiantsSwaGG
02-24-2018, 06:45 PM
Meniscus tear heís pretty much done for the regular season, might come back by playoff time but weíll see

nastynice
02-24-2018, 06:47 PM

lol, hella left field!

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 08:20 PM

Sure buddy. Your heart as a fan is sad and pathetic. Your posts have tears in them. You are a pouty grumpy mofo and all you guys do is wine your mofo aóó off. If Iím lyin Iím flyin.

Saddletramp
02-24-2018, 08:25 PM
It's lose, losing, and whine. Goddamn, pal.

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 08:26 PM

For example. Best team in The last 10 years or so by far yet this is the most disinterested you have been. You act like a spoiled brat yet you been gettin ur Azz handed to you year in and year out?! Of all things this makes the least sense. Youíd rather loose games on you terms than win on someone elseís. Basically the ultimate hard head. Doesnít believe his own ót stinks. You a a hole basically. Thatís why women cheat

More-Than-Most
02-24-2018, 08:27 PM
For example. Best team in The last 10 years or so by far yet this is the most disinterested you have been. You act like a spoiled brat yet you been gettin ur Azz handed to you year in and year out?! Of all things this makes the least sense. Youíd rather loose games on you terms than win on someone elseís. Basically the ultimate hard head. Doesnít believe his own ót stinks. You a a hole basically. Thatís why women cheat

because he doesnt suck his teams dick every chance he gets? because he is down on certain guys and doesnt just love a guy because he is on the team he likes???? You should stop man because it doesnt look good for you at all.

Saddletramp
02-24-2018, 08:28 PM
^Wow. That took a turn.

More-Than-Most
02-24-2018, 08:29 PM
And no itís not all MN fans at all. Really only a handful. 4-5 guys. But no matter what the Wolves do, itís nothing but...

ďTeague sucksĒ
ďWiggins SucksĒ

When Jimmy got hurt and Wigg was the best player on the floor dropping 40...crickets

I definitely am wrong saying all of them. But 4-5 guys go harder and make it seem more than it is. Plenty of MN fans have been nothing but positive about what this team has accomplished

Um teague is what he is and wiggins gives no effort on defense and continues to show no growth. Wiggins has the size and skill set but plays so small.

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 08:31 PM

And no itís not all MN fans at all. Really only a handful. 4-5 guys. But no matter what the Wolves do, itís nothing but...

ďTeague sucksĒ
ďWiggins SucksĒ

When Jimmy got hurt and Wigg was the best player on the floor dropping 40...crickets

I definitely am wrong saying all of them. But 4-5 guys go harder and make it seem more than it is. Plenty of MN fans have been nothing but positive about what this team has accomplished

More-Than-Most
02-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Yeah but He thinks Rubio is better than both

Id rather have rubio over teague without a second thought... I also think rubio probably runs the offense better and might be more valuable than wiggins in that aspect... Wiggins by the numbers is better but rubio has value on both ends.

What I mean by this is... Rubio runs the offense insanely well and defends... The wolves are a better team with him over teague. I wont say Rubio is better than Wiggins but how wiggins just stops the offense at times and gives no effort on defense i understand the frustration.

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 08:37 PM
because he doesnt suck his teams dick every chance he gets? because he is down on certain guys and doesnt just love a guy because he is on the team he likes???? You should stop man because it doesnt look good for you at all.

So the biggest imaginary óck slimmer of his team calls me out for getting on a dude who actually shites on a team that is way better than they have bee in 10 years. You are embiids concubine in your own mind.

When you dog Wiggins and Teague every chance you get, but slobber still to this day on Rubio, then yes I have a problem.

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Um teague is what he is and wiggins gives no effort on defense and continues to show no growth. Wiggins has the size and skill set but plays so small.

More-Than-Most
02-24-2018, 08:39 PM
So the biggest imaginary óck slimmer of his team calls me out for getting on a dude who actually shites on a team that is way better than they have bee in 10 years. You are embiids concubine in your own mind.

When you dog Wiggins and Teague every chance you get, but slobber still to this day on Rubio, then yes I have a problem.

I slurp embiid because of how great he is... i **** on okafor/coach Brown/Bayless/Sarics shooting until he turned it on and now covington because he is sucking... See how that works? Just because they are on our team doesnt mean we should ignore the bad parts... I also called simmons a big ***** 2 months back and wanted TJ to start over him...

Sorry but its a 2 way street and Hawk calls out **** on his team and justifiably so.

nastynice
02-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Sure buddy. Your heart as a fan is sad and pathetic. Your posts have tears in them. You are a pouty grumpy mofo and all you guys do is wine your mofo aóó off. If Iím lyin Iím flyin.

That's rich coming from you. You stay *****in about basketball

someone say "kevin durant", watch this boy spiral outta control...

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 10:34 PM
That's rich coming from you. You stay *****in about basketball

someone say "kevin durant", watch this boy spiral outta control...

Nice try trick.

Lebron
MJ
Durant
Drob
Shaq

Meet my all time starting 5 ya pimple. Love KD. Dude, you canít just spout bs bro. Find a post where I dog KD. Please! If you canít find one, you are an absolute fraud! Hereís your chance loser.

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 10:37 PM
I slurp embiid because of how great he is... i **** on okafor/coach Brown/Bayless/Sarics shooting until he turned it on and now covington because he is sucking... See how that works? Just because they are on our team doesnt mean we should ignore the bad parts... I also called simmons a big ***** 2 months back and wanted TJ to start over him...

Sorry but its a 2 way street and Hawk calls out **** on his team and justifiably so.

Of course it goes both ways, thatís why you canít call out Wiggins and simultaneously slob Rubio. Dude is a bum. But yeah, you didnít reply to that comment at all cause your speechless a fó-!

Moreover wtf is a mans agenda who likes a loosing team a heck of a lot more than a winning team? WTH kind of sense does that make MTM? Explain that logic because that is my only issue. You spouting off without getting into the particulars is just a waste of breath cause I have no issue with calling out bad players but you gotta be consistent and there is an inconsistency, bias and hatred that is there that your bs blanket statement donít account for young buck.

Iím not the only person in the Wolves forums who has mentioned the Debbie downer mentallity no matter how good the Wolves look or how well they perform or how much better they are than last season.

ewing
02-24-2018, 10:40 PM

You are right in that you have a problem

nastynice
02-24-2018, 10:47 PM
Nice try trick.

Lebron
MJ
Durant
Drob
Shaq

Meet my all time starting 5 ya pimple. Love KD. Dude, you canít just spout bs bro. Find a post where I dog KD. Please! If you canít find one, you are an absolute fraud! Hereís your chance loser.

Haha, you stay crying about everything warriors, yes let me spend each commercial going through all your past posts. Sounds fun

You do it too. Where's Waldo?

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 10:58 PM
You are right in that you have a problem

I know MN boys

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 11:00 PM
Haha, you stay crying about everything warriors, yes let me spend each commercial going through all your past posts. Sounds fun

You do it too. Where's Waldo?

No, I donít lol. Find something about me crying about the Warriors. Your digging your own grave. You will find nothing. What is funny how your peanut brain can perceive things lol. ďLebron is goodĒ in peanut brain translation I guess thatís hating on the Warriors. I know myself. I donít dog the Warriors. Find something again! If not stay fraudulent!

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 11:44 PM
On cue Wiggins and Teague are the two best players on the floor and the only reason why they are currently winning. Sigh...something that literally could never be said for Rubio ever. For those who want to give up on Wiggins, I have two Words for you...Victor Olidipo

Both he and Jimmy were both 25 when they finally got it and shot up crazily. Weird how when your a kid itís harder to play against grown men. But then when you become a man, it becomes easier to play against grown men. I know itís a very crazy concept.

The thing is, guys like Hawk just ride the numbers but doesnít watch skill level and athletic maneuvering closely. He doesnít dissect the actual athletic ability and then build it in to determining ceiling, and likely hood of reaching it. If another guy with Korver game with the same numbers would get the same grade and same likely hood for getting better. Where as I see how easily guys like Wiggins, Dipo, and Butler were able to score...inconsistent, but easily. But if you can score EASILY a few times, you can do it all the time.

There are plenty of guys who start off slow like Wiggins/Dipo/Butler and have low numbers and never amount but they also never show ability to score easily.

For instance. Letís look at some other great athletes that didnít amount to nothing. Gerald Green, Herald Minor come to mind. Neither man ever showed the ability to dump 40 like it was nothing. Great leaders, but they never showed it.

I promise Wiggins will have the similar Dipo/Butler awakening. Iíve seen him do enough at 22 to know heís gonna explode sooner or later.

IKnowHoops
02-25-2018, 12:08 AM
And MTM, let me give you a little insight as to where the heads were at of a few MN fans earlier on in the season.

They were actually hating on Butler for bullying Rubio earlier on in a Twolves win, and were hoping Rubio would light us up.

That ainít a Twolves fan, that like me rooting for a Bron against Miami and then saying Iím a Heat fan WTF. The hypocrisy is just sickening.

nastynice
02-25-2018, 12:14 AM
No, I donít lol. Find something about me crying about the Warriors. Your digging your own grave. You will find nothing. What is funny how your peanut brain can perceive things lol. ďLebron is goodĒ in peanut brain translation I guess thatís hating on the Warriors. I know myself. I donít dog the Warriors. Find something again! If not stay fraudulent!

lol, bro! You're hate crew original, with saddle and FlashBolt. You don't remember?

Chronz made a strong push this year, haha

I'm dyin over here.. :laugh:

Ease up man, you bout to give yourself an aneurysm. Laugh with me. Or at me. So long as it's not an "angry laugh"

Chronz
02-25-2018, 12:30 AM

I would do the same as a fan, think about it. It's easy when the team is **** and calling them out is easy, it takes a true fan of the game to notice the wasted potential on this squad. Where i prolly differ and sorta agree with you is that I would be satisfied year one but that Teague for Rubio swap would piss me off having seen the team as long as I have.

Btw, you come off drunker than i

ewing
02-25-2018, 12:31 AM

I donít quite get why Hawk isnít enjoying this season but he certainly isnít the grump

Chronz
02-25-2018, 12:31 AM
lol, bro! You're hate crew original, with saddle and FlashBolt. You don't remember?

Ease up man, you bout to give yourself an aneurysm. Laugh with me. Or at me. So long as it's not an "angry laugh"
What did those guys do or say to be ogs. I hated kd to the warriors almost as quickly as tredigs.

ewing
02-25-2018, 12:35 AM

So he likes Rubio.

Chronz
02-25-2018, 12:37 AM
So?

Chronz
02-25-2018, 12:37 AM
What got you so excited tonight?

My guess. Vodka.

ewing
02-25-2018, 12:39 AM

What got you so excited tonight?

More-Than-Most
02-25-2018, 12:40 AM
I donít quite get why Hawk isnít enjoying this season but he certainly isnít the grump

I honestly do get it... I get people need to grow etc... for example... I was super pissed when simmons was playing like a ***** and embiid was playing like an outside shooter and we were blowing big leads... You would expect this because they are young or its only their first and 2nd seasons healthy but still with skill set there comes expectations... Wiggins/Butler/Kat/Rubio would have been legit if wiggins took the next step.. seeing rubio get ousted and bringing in a guy like teague who is a high volumn 1 way player and giving up a guy like rubio who is defensively sound and runs an offense damn well on top of wiggins just not growing would piss me off as well. Kat defense is an issue but he has shown other worldly offensive talent so you deal... Wiggins has all the tools and year after year doesnt adjust or evolve... The wolves are fine but the potential is kinda capped and when you have teams like the rockets/warriors etc its frustrating when said team is capped because of wiggins.

ChiSox219
02-25-2018, 12:51 AM
On cue Wiggins and Teague are the two best players on the floor and the only reason why they are currently winning. Sigh...something that literally could never be said for Rubio ever. For those who want to give up on Wiggins, I have two Words for you...Victor Olidipo

Both he and Jimmy were both 25 when they finally got it and shot up crazily. Weird how when your a kid itís harder to play against grown men. But then when you become a man, it becomes easier to play against grown men. I know itís a very crazy concept.

The thing is, guys like Hawk just ride the numbers but doesnít watch skill level and athletic maneuvering closely. He doesnít dissect the actual athletic ability and then build it in to determining ceiling, and likely hood of reaching it. If another guy with Korver game with the same numbers would get the same grade and same likely hood for getting better. Where as I see how easily guys like Wiggins, Dipo, and Butler were able to score...inconsistent, but easily. But if you can score EASILY a few times, you can do it all the time.

There are plenty of guys who start off slow like Wiggins/Dipo/Butler and have low numbers and never amount but they also never show ability to score easily.

For instance. Letís look at some other great athletes that didnít amount to nothing. Gerald Green, Herald Minor come to mind. Neither man ever showed the ability to dump 40 like it was nothing. Great leaders, but they never showed it.

I promise Wiggins will have the similar Dipo/Butler awakening. Iíve seen him do enough at 22 to know heís gonna explode sooner or later.

I said on here that both Oladipo and Butler would be stars years before they were and what I saw in them, I dont really see in Wiggins. The T'wolves have one of the most efficient offenses in history and Wiggins still isn't producing. I hope Wiggins turns into a star but there's a lot of red flags for someone with such a big contract.

nastynice
02-25-2018, 01:04 AM
What did those guys do or say to be ogs. I hated kd to the warriors almost as quickly as tredigs.

I don't have a good answer to this.

my bad :(

IKnowHoops
02-25-2018, 02:11 AM

Until u can quote me, your just straight trash homie. I never hate. I give Steph and Durant more props than anyone on PSD not named Tre. I give Durant more props than Tre does. Your dead wrong. You canít find one quote.

IKnowHoops
02-25-2018, 02:12 AM
I would do the same as a fan, think about it. It's easy when the team is **** and calling them out is easy, it takes a true fan of the game to notice the wasted potential on this squad. Where i prolly differ and sorta agree with you is that I would be satisfied year one but that Teague for Rubio swap would piss me off having seen the team as long as I have.

You come off completely sober

IKnowHoops
02-25-2018, 02:15 AM
My guess. Vodka.

Lol...this is just the damn bursting from a season of crying. Then I see Hawk come on hear and almost is happy Butler is hurt so they will loose like he wants them to with the cast he doesnít like. Yet I have to hear them beat there chests about how they are real fans and Iím not, yet they cheer for Rubio over the team. I got no problem with it, but if thatís the cake, you gotta shut up about telling me how die hard you are and Iím not.

IKnowHoops
02-25-2018, 02:16 AM
So?

Itís at best hypocritical

IKnowHoops
02-25-2018, 02:18 AM
I don't have a good answer to this.

my bad :(

Exactly...Fraudulent

IKnowHoops
02-25-2018, 02:24 AM

Is Rubio killing it in Utah and Iím not aware of it? Letís see how we are without Jimmy. I could not be happier to get rid of Rubio. Great passer, but worst floor spacer in the nba cause he canít shoot. Our offense is better without him.

ewing
02-25-2018, 08:34 AM
Is Rubio killing it in Utah and Iím not aware of it? Letís see how we are without Jimmy. I could not be happier to get rid of Rubio. Great passer, but worst floor spacer in the nba cause he canít shoot. Our offense is better without him.

His team is doing pretty good right now

Jamiecballer
02-25-2018, 11:17 AM
Minnesota will be so good when they get a two guard. Have they traded away their pick for this year?

One Nut Kruk
02-25-2018, 11:19 AM
It's lose, losing, and whine. Goddamn, pal.

Best post in this thread.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2018, 11:40 AM

ďTeague sucksĒ
ďWiggins SucksĒ

that starting backcourt, will be making what, $41 million next year? To be what exactly? Teague, for various reasons, is having his worst season in over half a decade, by far. Wiggins, I have covered. 300 games in, primary role since day 1, and he has shown literally zero improvement. We are paying him to be a future perennial all star, and it's easy to see he doesn't possess the will to ever be one. Instead he will coast his way to $250 million and be looked at as a waste of talent 15 years from now.

Don't speak for Wolves fans. You aren't one. Just because we are better this year doesn't mean I don't need to question the front office and our players, because what we see, is what we are the next few years. And it isn't good enough.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2018, 11:48 AM

we spent years collecting assets, and young talent, and made our big trade, and it simply isn't good enough. Teague has been an epic disappointment. I honestly never thought much of him, watching him now, I laugh thinking he was ever an all star. So was Wally Szczerbiak....

Wiggins, is the biggest waste of potential to come through the Wolves organization. My biggest gripe for 2 years was that I knew he would get maxed, due to 20 a game brah! And he got that max. To be a below average NBA starter and tantalize fans every 10th game, then go back into coast mode for 9. He is a nice kid, very good to the community, I have no personal problem with him, but he is front and center one of the reasons we won't contend.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2018, 11:49 AM

I hated early 90's basketball, and that is what we play. Iso, iso, iso, 1 minute playing for Thibs is like 10 mins for any other player, So much grind. We came out of a timeout last night and had a shot clock violation dribbling the ball for 20 seconds. That is why.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Lol...this is just the damn bursting from a season of crying. Then I see Hawk come on hear and almost is happy Butler is hurt so they will loose like he wants them to with the cast he doesnít like. Yet I have to hear them beat there chests about how they are real fans and Iím not, yet they cheer for Rubio over the team. I got no problem with it, but if thatís the cake, you gotta shut up about telling me how die hard you are and Iím not.

1- I don't care about Rubio, he wasn't the answer. I don't even want him back. I am simply pointing out Thib's ditching of him and signing of Teague is a backfire. Big time.
2- I am not happy Butler is hurt. It will be fun to make the playoffs. But this team, because of Teague/Wiggins, is capped out on potential. We have minimal assets to get better. And if this is all we could turn Towns/Wiggins/Lavine, and plenty of other young players and draft picks into, that sucks. We are the Wizards dude. We will top out and be a cute team that gets blasted round 2 and that is our best case scenario.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2018, 12:01 PM
I also think Thib's is too archaic for the changes that have hit the NBA. Forget the minutes he plays his guys, his defense doesn't work anymore, and his offense, despite it's efficiency (which I have pointed out why it's efficient), is not going to keep up with the big boys. We can't space the floor, we crash the offensive boards at the expense of transition defense, and we seriously just fold the moment a swing pass happens.

KingPosey
02-25-2018, 01:46 PM

Say what now.

Shammyguy3
02-25-2018, 02:40 PM
I also think Thib's is too archaic for the changes that have hit the NBA. Forget the minutes he plays his guys, his defense doesn't work anymore, and his offense, despite it's efficiency (which I have pointed out why it's efficient), is not going to keep up with the big boys. We can't space the floor, we crash the offensive boards at the expense of transition defense, and we seriously just fold the moment a swing pass happens.

Can you send this memo to Bulls fans that still complain about Thibs being gone? Please, and doubly thanks

Scoots
02-25-2018, 04:54 PM
I hated early 90's basketball, and that is what we play. Iso, iso, iso, 1 minute playing for Thibs is like 10 mins for any other player, So much grind. We came out of a timeout last night and had a shot clock violation dribbling the ball for 20 seconds. That is why.

At least it's against the rules to just play the early 90s back-them-down-while-pounding-the-ball-for-15-seconds offense any more.

ChiSox219
02-25-2018, 05:34 PM

Hawk have a little bit more patience, it will pay off. T'wolves are tied 5th in SRS even with all of their issues. They have a lot of room to grow and the continuity Thibs is building will only help that. of they are #5 now with all their picks how good will they be in 2-3 years when Wiggins and KAT start to enter their prime? Jimmy aint going nowhere, this team has a wide title window.

Scoots
02-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Hawk have a little bit more patience, it will pay off. T'wolves are tied 5th in SRS even with all of their issues. They have a lot of room to grow and the continuity Thibs is building will only help that. of they are #5 now with all their picks how good will they be in 2-3 years when Wiggins and KAT start to enter their prime? Jimmy aint going nowhere, this team has a wide title window.

Wiggins and KAT have given plenty of reasons to question them. And Thibs may have a limited time before the players stop listening if they are not interested in playing D the way he wants.

TrueFan420
02-25-2018, 06:19 PM

Thibs needs to go... get a good coach in there and they could be a real force.

ChiSox219
02-25-2018, 07:22 PM
Wiggins and KAT have given plenty of reasons to question them. And Thibs may have a limited time before the players stop listening if they are not interested in playing D the way he wants.

Both guys gotta learn their effort levels need to increase if they want to win. Thibs has Jimmy and Taj to set the example as well as control the locker room so good luck to each of those kids if they stop listening.

Thibs needs to go... get a good coach in there and they could be a real force.

Thibs has the T'wolves offense playing historically great but they are overshadowed by Houston and GS for obvious reasons. The defense will come if the kids step up.

ellington19
02-25-2018, 08:06 PM

Come on man. You come into the Wolves forum and just talk absolute rubbish 99% of the time - and then you **** on any one who doesn't agree with your views - even if you're proved wrong through stats or otherwise.

No one on the Wolves forum has cheered for Rubio over the team. Most (maybe all) of us wish him well and hope he finds success with the Jazz. He seems like a really good dude and showed a lot of heart for us while he was here.

Also, saying that Wolves fans 'deserve' for Butler to be injured makes you a total and complete ****.

ellington19
02-25-2018, 08:21 PM
that starting backcourt, will be making what, $41 million next year? To be what exactly? Teague, for various reasons, is having his worst season in over half a decade, by far. Wiggins, I have covered. 300 games in, primary role since day 1, and he has shown literally zero improvement. We are paying him to be a future perennial all star, and it's easy to see he doesn't possess the will to ever be one. Instead he will coast his way to $250 million and be looked at as a waste of talent 15 years from now.

Don't speak for Wolves fans. You aren't one. Just because we are better this year doesn't mean I don't need to question the front office and our players, because what we see, is what we are the next few years. And it isn't good enough.

I think it's closer to $51m :speechless:

Hawkeye15
02-26-2018, 10:14 AM

I will try and have patience. Frankly, the style we play is very unappealing to me. Not much ball movement, lots of isolation, we don't even run the ball through Towns (we seriously get Gibson more post touches), and it's just not good looking. Defensively, this team has so far to go it's crazy.

I know we are better. A lot better. But this season just hasn't been a ton of fun. The benefit here, is even though we had no chance to do anything this year, at least Butler's injury won't linger into next year.

I am just so disappointed in Wiggins, and can't stand that we signed Teague. Very frustrating for me.

Ahriman
02-26-2018, 11:26 AM
That sucks *** for Minny. Hopefully they can hover around .500 wins while he's out but I'm not confident... Wiggins has not shown he can elevate his game to the next level, It's like he's not committed...

There are still good players on this team but the west is strong right now so they might drop to #6 / #7

LA4life24/8
02-26-2018, 02:43 PM
Obviously not a wolves fan but i feel for you guys. That sucks. Having one of the best seasons yall ever had and had a chance to make some noise in the post season (out in th3 2nd round imo, No offense) but that's a helluva lot better season than they've had since losing KG. Bummer. Hopefully hes able to come back for the playoffs and give you guys something

Chronz
02-26-2018, 06:15 PM
You come off completely sober
You're too kind

Chronz
02-26-2018, 06:19 PM
He's been about the same only playing off the ball more and shooting slightly better but he can make an impact without scoring whereas Teague is a disaster on defense and not really the kind of guy I want taking shots away from the core group. I don't believe your team is better without him

Hawkeye15
02-27-2018, 10:15 AM
He's been about the same only playing off the ball more and shooting slightly better but he can make an impact without scoring whereas Teague is a disaster on defense and not really the kind of guy I want taking shots away from the core group. I don't believe your team is better without him

I know for a fact we are worse with Teague versus Rubio. Neither is the answer come playoffs, but Teague has been a disaster so far. Defensively, he melts on picks, you can bully him at will, he gets zero deflections, doesn't pressure the ball at all, and is a poor rebounder. Offensively, watching him and Towns in the PnR is like watching a 15 year old try to grab a boob for the first time, he isn't quick enough to create any separation, he has a slow release, he doesn't ever get to the line, a simple bump on his drive and he is done, and he shares the same "I don't give a **** most the time" DNA with Wiggins. I seriously have no idea how this guy ever made an all star team.