PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Corrosive Workplace Culture of the Dallas Mavericks

Giannis94
02-21-2018, 10:46 AM
Read the article last night. And my God. Not a doubt in my mind that cuban knew. For as someone who openly claims that he is the most "hands on owner in sports", he defintley knew.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dallas-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation-mark-cuban-response

By JON WERTHEIM AND JESSICA LUTHER February 20, 2018
It was an hour or so before tipĖoff. The Dallas Mavericks were hosting a nationally televised game during the 2010Ė11 NBA season. And, deep inside the American Airlines Center, a recentlyĖhired Mavericks support staff employee was eating dinner in the media dining room. As the woman sat down, the team president and CEO, Terdema Ussery, asked if he could join her. She grew nervous, not because Ussery was her bossís boss, or because he was one of the most prominent figures in the Dallas sportscape. It was because his reputation as a serial sexual harasser of women preceded him.

At this meal, with ESPN crew members seated nearby, Ussery struck up an unusual conversation. As the woman recalls the exchange, Ussery claimed that he knew what she was going to do over the coming weekend. When the woman asked, confusedly, what Ussery meant, he smiled.

ďYouíre going to get gang-banged,Ē he asserted, ďarenít you?Ē

ďNo,Ē the woman responded, caught off-guard. ďActually, Iím going to the movies with friends.Ē

ďNo,Ē Ussery insisted. ďYouíre definitely getting gang-banged.Ē

YAALREADYKNO
02-21-2018, 01:01 PM
As a mavs fan smh

GoferKing_
02-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Dayum. Disgusting people.

Wade n Fade
02-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Jerry Richardson sold the Panthers because of past allegations and his past. Could the league eventually force Cuban to sell his team if the investigation concludes significant findings against the current Mavs' owner?

Giannis94
02-21-2018, 01:19 PM
Cuban should sell the team. No way in hell he didn;t know

oak2455
02-21-2018, 01:21 PM
Karma is a ***** Mark, if this **** is true

IndyRealist
02-21-2018, 02:01 PM
My thought as I was reading was that Cuban is hyper involved with the basketball, not the operations. That ends up being what he claims as well. If Cuban was hands on in administration, they would not have referred to Ussery as "the boss".

HandsOnTheWheel
02-21-2018, 02:21 PM
It's interesting because the ones getting caught and vilified for their exploits are typically old powerful white executives when in this case Userrey is black; when usually black CEOs and executives are highly respected and people of high morals. Userrey a Princeton graduate and Masters degree from Harvard with law honors. Wow, I guess power can get to anyone's head.

WaDe03
02-21-2018, 02:40 PM
He's just tryna bust a nut.

rhymeratic
02-21-2018, 04:48 PM
This one is very ugly. Just about on par with Donald Sterling. If there's some sort of team wide lack of morality clause in the NBA bylaws... Cuban will likely be forced to sell the team.

It would take significant fines, loss of draft picks and a significant public investment by the Mavs into Sexual Harrassment & Diversity training in conjunction with a local charity to help make it go away over time...

IndyRealist
02-21-2018, 05:18 PM
This one is very ugly. Just about on par with Donald Sterling. If there's some sort of team wide lack of morality clause in the NBA bylaws... Cuban will likely be forced to sell the team.

It would take significant fines, loss of draft picks and a significant public investment by the Mavs into Sexual Harrassment & Diversity training in conjunction with a local charity to help make it go away over time...

Cuban himself is not accused of anything other than being unaware. Sterling was openly racist.

ewing
02-21-2018, 06:14 PM
He's just tryna bust a nut.

This

Mr.B
02-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Karma is a ***** Mark, if this **** is true

Karma? For what exactly?

SfgiantsJD3
02-21-2018, 09:28 PM
It's interesting because the ones getting caught and vilified for their exploits are typically old powerful white executives when in this case Userrey is black; when usually black CEOs and executives are highly respected and people of high morals. Userrey a Princeton graduate and Masters degree from Harvard with law honors. Wow, I guess power can get to anyone's head.

I would guess the Blacks that make it to the top get filtered more rigorously than old white dudes; more white dudes probably know someone who may have overlooked something on the way up the ladder, so the ones that make it to the top are "pre qualified"

On another note the president of Ford NA was ousted today, no details other than code of conduct violations.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/21/news/companies/raj-nair-exits-ford/index.html

Saddletramp
02-22-2018, 01:49 AM
Karma? For what exactly?

Oak was turned down by Cuban on Shark Tank for investing in his idea for an oxygen tank filled with farts, The Fart Tank.

goingfor28
02-22-2018, 02:29 AM
Ya there is absolutely no way Cuban was unaware all of this was going on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GiantsSwaGG
02-22-2018, 02:43 AM
Karma? For what exactly?

When he found out he was the side b**** and Dirk was the main one

Vinylman
02-22-2018, 07:00 AM

what? Sexual Harassment isn't a race based issue... Your post is ignorant or at least naÔve...

Vinylman
02-22-2018, 07:02 AM

Umm... at this point nothing has surfaced on Cuban specifically... if it comes to light that he covered it up or was a harasser himself then maybe but until then...

PUT DOWN THE TORCH

Vinylman
02-22-2018, 07:03 AM
I would guess the Blacks that make it to the top get filtered more rigorously than old white dudes; more white dudes probably know someone who may have overlooked something on the way up the ladder, so the ones that make it to the top are "pre qualified"

On another note the president of Ford NA was ousted today, no details other than code of conduct violations.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/21/news/companies/raj-nair-exits-ford/index.html

wow ... just wow...

IndyRealist
02-22-2018, 09:46 AM

Based on what?

Ahriman
02-22-2018, 11:01 AM
Cuban had to know one of his employee got arrested at the Mavs facility for domestic assault. Even if he did not, his company does not have rules and regulations?

It sounds shady.

likemystylez
02-22-2018, 08:35 PM

LMAO- like cuban would care.

I remember a couple yrs ago I saw an instagram pic of Cuban and Nicolette Shea hangin out at his superbowl party

Mr.B
02-22-2018, 10:03 PM

Even if he was unaware itís not really an excuse. As the owner of a company heís responsible for being aware of things like this.

KingPosey
02-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Even if he was unaware itís not really an excuse. As the owner of a company heís responsible for being aware of things like this.
I hate when people say **** like this, itís dumb. If you donít know, you donít know. Now if I think he knew is something entirely different

GiantsSwaGG
02-23-2018, 12:02 AM
They should be stripped of their draft pick

Giannis94
02-23-2018, 12:11 AM
They should be stripped of their draft pick

That or Cuban should be forced to sell the team. Cuban is a ****ing scumbag. We literally hear about 1 owner in the news. Nothing about the other 29 except with the Clippers fiasco a fee years ago

smith&wesson
02-23-2018, 01:31 AM
The accusations arenít against mark himself. You canít control what other people do, you can only hold them accountable. All Mark can do is make an example of this employee but ppl have free will and you canít be accountable for anyone elseís actions but your own. I donít see why he should lose his team. Blame the person at fault imo.

Jeffy25
02-23-2018, 01:56 AM

Hahaha, what?

No, not even close to how things work in reality.

Vinylman
02-23-2018, 08:42 AM
Hahaha, what?

yeah... its funny to listen to these non-business owners pontificate

truly hilarious

goingfor28
02-24-2018, 01:05 PM
Based on what?Bc he's Mark Cuban. As hands on as he is, there is zero chance he was oblivious.

IndyRealist
02-24-2018, 03:04 PM
Bc he's Mark Cuban. As hands on as he is, there is zero chance he was oblivious.

As I thought, and was confirmed in the article, Cuban is hands on in BASKETBALL decisions, not administration. As I said if Cuban was running the business side, they would not have referred to Ussery as "the boss".

Giannis94
02-24-2018, 03:21 PM
As I thought, and was confirmed in the article, Cuban is hands on in BASKETBALL decisions, not administration. As I said if Cuban was running the business side, they would not have referred to Ussery as "the boss".

But he knew about the beat-writer situation. After denying initially that he didn't. He chose to keep him on after two separate domestic assault incidents. Doesn't that prove that he knew what was going on?

IndyRealist
02-24-2018, 03:58 PM
But he knew about the beat-writer situation. After denying initially that he didn't. He chose to keep him on after two separate domestic assault incidents. Doesn't that prove that he knew what was going on?

Those are separate situations. Just because he knew about one does not suggest he knew about the other. That's pure speculation.

flea
02-24-2018, 03:58 PM
I support anything that hurts Mark Cuban. I hope they keep on molesting in Dallas.

Giannis94
02-25-2018, 09:33 AM
I support anything that hurts Mark Cuban. I hope they keep on molesting in Dallas.
Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the team. Clippers were too because of their situation a few years ago. I hope the same happens to Cuban

Mr.B
02-25-2018, 12:48 PM
I hate when people say **** like this, itís dumb. If you donít know, you donít know. Now if I think he knew is something entirely different

You may not like it but itís true. Heís responsible for the entire organization, not just the basketball side of things. Now if it comes out that he actually didnít know (which is possible) that could save the team from losing their draft pick and could save Cuban from being suspended from the team but I still expect he will be handed a pretty big fine.

Mr.B
02-25-2018, 12:50 PM
Hahaha, what?

Thatís absolutely how things work in reality. In the business world anyways. Look at Enron. Plausible deniability is not a valid defense.

Look, Iím a Mavs fan and I hope you guys are right. I just donít see how Cuban or Mavs skate on this situation.