PDA

View Full Version : Rank Cali teams 2-4 in terms of current future outlook

Giannis94
02-14-2018, 08:25 PM
So unless KD, Klay, and Dray Lleave, we don't have to worry about the top Cali team not having a bright future.

But it get's interesting when you think about 2-4 as all have their own "situations". I think it's a fascinating situation. As a case could be made for all 3 teams having the brightest future of the Cali teams.

Kings: have some young talent, but hasn't done much yet? Also need to hit a home-run with this year's lottery pick as giving away a top 3-4 pick next year won't look good. I'll be honest, I don' know much about them. So someone who does, feel free and enlighten me.

Lakers: First reaction is that if the Cavs and Thunder excel, they ****ed themselves over with the Clarkson/Nance trade. If it would have been to any other team, it probably would have been fine. But Lebron having fun, on a team with younger guys that looks way more athletic is not good for them. Is there any reason to think that he will leave if they excel because of theese moves?

Also don't have their first this year, and let's not forget "Ball problems". Complete headache.

Not really sure what their future looks like.

LAC : They did well in their trade of Blake it looks like. But they too, also may be depending on FA and have the DJ situation. Tobi and the pick are nice adds, and Lou Will is nice. But I'm not sure they have a star on the team right now.

More-Than-Most
02-14-2018, 08:37 PM
If it wasnt for Kuzma id rather have the Kings young guys because of ball... But kuzma/Ingram and the ability to spend a ton equals the lakers every single time... Free agents arent gonna wake up and say damn I wanna play for the kings like they will/do the lakers... Everything points to the lakers here and by a good bit if we are being honest.

Lakers + Giants
02-14-2018, 08:37 PM
2. Lakers
3. Clippers
4. Kings

Kings should never ever ever ever get the benefit of the doubt. Their FO is always a **** show, no matter who is in charge.

Lakers + Giants
02-14-2018, 08:38 PM
If it wasnt for Kuzma id rather have the Kings young guys because of ball... But kuzma/Ingram and the ability to spend a ton equals the lakers every single time... Free agents arent gonna wake up and say damn I wanna play for the kings like they will/do the lakers... Everything points to the lakers here and by a good bit if we are being honest.

I'm shocked :speechless:

More-Than-Most
02-14-2018, 08:39 PM
I'm shocked :speechless:

lol I like Kuzma/Ingram... I just hate Ball and IT.

Cal827
02-14-2018, 08:41 PM
2. Lakers
3. Clippers
4. Kings

Kings should never ever ever ever get the benefit of the doubt. Their FO is always a **** show, no matter who is in charge.

:laugh2: Pretty much this 100%.... Just wait until they trade D'Aaron Fox for another Georgos Pappagiannis

mightybosstone
02-14-2018, 08:59 PM
2. Lakers
Honestly, I put them at No. 2 solely because they're the Lakers. That alone is enough to make them an enticing scenario for superstars like George and Lebron. The actual on-paper talent and assets is actually probably a little behind the Kings for me, but the appeal of LA and the Lakers as a franchise will probably always win out over a team like Sacramento. There are some good young pieces there like Ingram and Kuzma (still don't like Ball), but not having their first rounder in this draft doesn't do them any favors.

3. Kings
In terms of young guys and assets, I actually like the Kings' situation a little more than the Lakers. Between Fox, Hield and Cauley-Stein, I still think there's a good chance at least one of those guys turns into a future All-Star. And their odds of their draft pick this year being in the top 3 and potentially landing a young stud are damn good. The reason they're behind the Lakers? Because it's freaking Sacramento. It's a bad NBA market that hasn't been especially run over the years and has zero chance of landing any superstars in the foreseeable future.

4. Clippers
Jerry West has a great basketball mind, but I have no clue what he's doing with this team right now. In terms of short-term outlook, this squad will obviously be better with pieces like Lou Will, Harris, Beverley, Gallo and DJ. But that team is good enough to get them the 8 or 9 spot in the West the next two seasons, a mediocre draft pick and no superstar talent. I still think West's plan is to make a pitch for Lebron this summer around an established veteran core, but if I'm Lebron, I'd probably take my chances to stay in Cleveland with this fun young group over joining a random assortment of castoffs from the Clippers who can't stay healthy. They're obviously the best team of the three right now by a mile, but I'd much rather be in the shoes of the Lakers or Kings long-term.

Heediot
02-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Doc has done decent with all the that's going on in LAC, especially after Blake got traded. He is showing some worth.

KingPosey
02-14-2018, 10:49 PM
My King’s just have shown Zero ability to develop anyone. It just feels useless and even after they get you excited about right now you realize, “nope, nothing’s different.”

It hurts my heart lol

Giannis94
02-14-2018, 11:20 PM
My King’s just have shown Zero ability to develop anyone. It just feels useless and even after they get you excited about right now you realize, “nope, nothing’s different.”

It hurts my heart lol
I want the kings to begood so bad. Because I am not a fan of the Lakers and what they stand for (looking at you, Kobe)

Scoots
02-15-2018, 12:02 AM
The Kings, oh my The Kings ... look at the mess they have made of their talent acquisition. They seem to lose every draft and every trade and every free agent deal.

Giannis94
02-15-2018, 12:34 AM
The Kings, oh my The Kings ... look at the mess they have made of their talent acquisition. They seem to lose every draft and every trade and every free agent deal.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. But if you are, you're not too terribly off the point. Seems like the only difference this year is that the dysfunction in the front office and staff isn't there. So I guess we're making progress?

dhopisthename
02-15-2018, 12:38 AM
yeah I don't get how the kings aren't last with their current ownership and front office. The other two aren't great, but they at least make some decent basketball moves. The kings just amaze

Giannis94
02-15-2018, 12:41 AM
yeah I don't get how the kings aren't last with their current ownership and front office. The other two aren't great, but they at least make some decent basketball moves. The kings just amaze
I just don't get how they have a roster of high draft picks and are still the worst team in the league

KingPosey
02-15-2018, 01:48 AM
With the Kings, even when a guy has something going on, they always have to ruin it. They have jerked around WCS multiple times year when he’s played exceptionally well and then all the sudden gets buried on the bench for weeks playing 8-10 minutes a night. It’s baffling. I was excited for Joeger to come in with the young team but no
Matter who’s in house, what players are drafted, etc, somehow it’s always the same by the middle of the season.

Chronz
02-15-2018, 03:59 AM
Wait what talent the kings got over la?

Wrigheyes4MVP
02-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Lakers
Clippers
Kings

I would have ranked the Kings over the Clippers, but the difference between Ballmer and Vivek is just too great to ignore.

Chronz
02-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Lakers
Clippers
Kings

I would have ranked the Kings over the Clippers, but the difference between Ballmer and Vivek is just too great to ignore.

I don't see it. Clippers are taking the Daryl Morey approach of building a contender through accumulating multiple assets whilst remaining competitive