PDA

View Full Version : Some Bold Cavs Predictions

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 01:43 AM
The rest of the league is in serious trouble. The players that currently surround Bron now are so complimentary. He is now moving around with the freedom that is the closest thing to GS type freedom. He's got athletes that are cutting and shooting and playing defense and jumping high. Bron is going to do something very special this 27 games or so of the season and he is going to overtake Harden and win the MVP this year.

Cavs will win the ship this year, as Lebron turns 4 athletic shooters in a GS equivalent with himself leading which if you do the math = Cavs win. The Film more than anything tells me that the Cavs are going to be nasty 28 games from now and they will win the NBA championship this year.

Lebron will stay, they will trade Kevin Love for a better piece and win the very next year as well.

TheDish87
02-14-2018, 09:45 AM
no one cares

Heediot
02-14-2018, 10:17 AM
You spew the same thing every year. Once they face GS reality will set in. I do agree James will elevate the Cavs a bunch in the playoffs and his cast is more cohesive and plays off of him better.

If Cavs win I'll leave the site, if they lose you can have a sig bet. That's the odds I'm giving you lol.

prodigy
02-14-2018, 10:44 AM
You spew the same thing every year. Once they face GS reality will set in. I do agree James will elevate the Cavs a bunch in the playoffs and his cast is more cohesive and plays off of him better.

If Cavs win I'll leave the site, if they lose you can have a sig bet. That's the odds I'm giving you lol.

I'm rooting for the cavs even more now lol

I know everyone has a hard on for harden but if Lebron finishes the season playing great like this and avg a borderline triple double He's the MVP. Harden shoots more and 10% less from the field. plus the list goes on that just jumped out to me. If the voters just go for who shoots the most and avg most points harden wins, but What Lebron is doing and the players he's doing it with can't go unnoticed.

I think the only bold prediction you can make is cavs winning the ship. i mean they should win the east, Lebron will be either 1 or 2 in MVP voting.

Heediot
02-14-2018, 10:51 AM
I'm rooting for the cavs even more now lol

I know everyone has a hard on for harden but if Lebron finishes the season playing great like this and avg a borderline triple double He's the MVP. Harden shoots more and 10% less from the field. plus the list goes on that just jumped out to me. If the voters just go for who shoots the most and avg most points harden wins, but What Lebron is doing and the players he's doing it with can't go unnoticed.

I think the only bold prediction you can make is cavs winning the ship. i mean they should win the east, Lebron will be either 1 or 2 in MVP voting.

He ****ed up the regular season with the early Cavs too and beat good teams in the regular season handily back then too. Right now, without Love, his team is constructed almost similarily to his first Cavs.

Unlike IKH, I think Love is the ex-factor. He's the difference between James first cavs and the current cavs. First time around they didn't have a legit robin that can post the Stats Love is capable of. When teams force other guys to beat you in the playoffs, Kyrie was significant, I think Love can be significant if the Cavs find a way to maximize his skills, The first Cavs didn't have much after LeBron, Mo was solid but they neede more then that offensively.

I do respect IKH, for standing by his boy against all comers and looking at the best case scenarios. I don't think they are beating GS though. Even Houston might beat em Cle.

WaDe03
02-14-2018, 11:15 AM
I hope they win but I think the loss of Wade will shine bright when LeBrons the only guy you can trust in the clutch in the finals series.

Byronicle
02-14-2018, 11:19 AM
So it begins...

"Cavs winning the Championship" threads are coming

Vee-Rex
02-14-2018, 12:06 PM
It's funny, but I do wonder if this Cavs team if fully healthy could "overall" be better than last year's team. I know The Cavs no longer have a 'big three' but people are speculating that Bron-ball always marginalizes the 3rd option.

So instead of having a 3rd all-star whose role will inevitably be reduced, perhaps it's better to surround LeBron with extremely energetic defenders who are capable of knocking down shots and creating plays off the dribble.

There are several concerns though:

1. Hill and Hood are injury prone
2. LeBron's usage skyrocketed to 39.2% in the last 2 games with the new guys (compared to 30.0 for the season). Don't want him worn out come playoffs.
3. Lack of an additional star leaves very little wiggle room for bad games. If LeBron is having an off game and Love is bricking, then what?

I can only hope Hill and Hood stay healthy, Love's return kind of reduces LeBron's USG, and strong defense makes up for lacking a 3rd star that can score when the others are having an off game.

Regardless, this is an exciting and BETTER team than the one pre-trade.

Vee-Rex
02-14-2018, 12:08 PM
And I dare say this team could possibly match up better with the teams out West.

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2018, 12:21 PM
Larry Nance Jr & Jordan Clarkson have been one hell of a pick up and make me absolutely proud to watch hustle and play well as a Lakers fan. Itís a treat to watch compared to the old slow, me first Cavs from earlier in the year. Idk if they will
Win it all and shouldnít be favored with GSW but they will SteamRoll the East. Your only hope is playing them in the later rounds and they might be more banged up but I think itís going to be another year of a Lebron led team in the East.

Htownballa1622
02-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Lebron is my favorite basketball player. With that said.

:no:

Warriors in 5. 6 max

Rockets too would smash cavs in 6 or 7.

Cavs make finals. Get worked by GSW(I would love to be wrong)

Giannis94
02-14-2018, 12:38 PM
Cavs won't make it to the ECF. there.

Scoots
02-14-2018, 12:48 PM
So it begins...

"Cavs winning the Championship" threads are coming

To be followed by the inevitable "the team around LeBron just isn't talented enough" ... and the cycle repeats itself ... until he leaves again.

KnicksorBust
02-14-2018, 12:51 PM
Cavs don't make the Finals. IKH if you want that sig bet state the terms and let's make it official.

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 12:52 PM
This is the best team that Lebron has been on. You guys really think the Kyrie loss was so big. I would easily take any two of the four guys we got over Kyrie alone. Easily. All play better defense. All play better team ball. The fact I have all four plus the brooklyn pick. Yeah, Lebron is staying too.

Scoots
02-14-2018, 12:52 PM
It's funny, but I do wonder if this Cavs team if fully healthy could "overall" be better than last year's team. I know The Cavs no longer have a 'big three' but people are speculating that Bron-ball always marginalizes the 3rd option.

So instead of having a 3rd all-star whose role will inevitably be reduced, perhaps it's better to surround LeBron with extremely energetic defenders who are capable of knocking down shots and creating plays off the dribble.

2. LeBron's usage skyrocketed to 39.2% in the last 2 games with the new guys (compared to 30.0 for the season). Don't want him worn out come playoffs.
3. Lack of an additional star leaves very little wiggle room for bad games. If LeBron is having an off game and Love is bricking, then what?

I can only hope Hill and Hood stay healthy, Love's return kind of reduces LeBron's USG, and strong defense makes up for lacking a 3rd star that can score when the others are having an off game.

Excellent post.

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 12:57 PM

To be fair, Ive been 50% right. Last year I thought they had a chance, but I will take the overall L of being wrong because in hindsight, they had no chance last year. But The won the year before that, and almost won without kyrie and love the year before that.

I see something in this team that I have never seen in a Lebron team...at least 4-5 other athletes that can all shoot, defend create and run with him. He's never had anything close to this. The style will keep him fresh since he doesn't have to create every play anymore. He can be the recipient now of a free flowing offense, which is all he has wanted for a long time. Now that we are going to get that Lebron, I am not worried about anything.

Vinylman
02-14-2018, 12:58 PM
JR Smith woke up I guess

Since the trade

15-23 (10-16 from 3)

Gots to keep those other guys out of the line up

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 01:01 PM

The injury thing scares me of course.

But as far as Lebrons usage. Seriously, watching him, it was the easiest high usage game of his life because he doesnt have to make every type of play whiles he out there now. He can concentrate on one part of the game and it did wonders for his energy and body language throughout. He wasn't worried about innovating offense in that second half and just went out there and played the SF position, not the point forward position. The Cavs will kill when he can do that permanently.

Vee-Rex
02-14-2018, 01:04 PM
This is the best team that Lebron has been on. You guys really think the Kyrie loss was so big.

I might be drinking too much Koolaid after 2 games but I'm wondering if we could be even better than last year's team. Less scoring that is made up and exceeded by everything else.

Think about it - the only thing Kyrie brought to our team was scoring. Yet, without Kyrie AND while Isaiah Thomas was hurt, the Cavs had managed to remain a top 5 offense in the league this year.

Top 5 offense with one superstar (Bron) and one allstar (Love).

Now they have guys that bring high energy (Clarkson/Nance/Hood), defense (Hood/Hill/Nance), play-making off the dribble (Hood/Clarkson/Hill), and toughness (all of them).

Fully healthy with Kevin Love, this could be the best Cavs team LeBron has ever been on, but it's definitely too early to believe that. Gotta see how we respond to bad games and if we can bounce back.

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 01:10 PM
I might be drinking too much Koolaid after 2 games but I'm wondering if we could be even better than last year's team. Less scoring that is made up and exceeded by everything else.

Think about it - the only thing Kyrie brought to our team was scoring. Yet, without Kyrie AND while Isaiah Thomas was hurt, the Cavs had managed to remain a top 5 offense in the league this year.

Now they have guys that bring high energy (Clarkson/Nance/Hood), defense (Hood/Hill/Nance), play-making off the dribble (Hood/Clarkson/Hill), and toughness (all of them).

Fully healthy with Kevin Love, this could be the best Cavs team LeBron has ever been on, but it's definitely too early to believe that. Gotta see how we respond to bad games and if we can bounce back.

No doubt in my mind, this is the best team he has ever been on. Kyrie was nothing

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2018, 01:23 PM
No doubt in my mind, this is the best team he has ever been on. Kyrie was nothing

Can you please sig bet KOB. It will be the best when you win.

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 01:38 PM

Sig bet door is open to all who want it.

nastynice
02-14-2018, 01:50 PM
They def look like front runners in the east again. Warriors are two steps above them, rockets 1, they'd still be underdogs against either.

Warriors in general have fallen off people's radar, but I think that'll change when playoffs come

Vinylman
02-14-2018, 02:00 PM
They def look like front runners in the east again. Warriors are two steps above them, rockets 1, they'd still be underdogs against either.

Warriors in general have fallen off people's radar, but I think that'll change when playoffs come

Hopefully "SHE" goes down with a season ending injury...

nastynice
02-14-2018, 02:07 PM

I actually like watching LeBron in this situation, he is surrounded by long athletic shooters. I think they'll make a great run this year again

Also gonna set the stage for her free agency this summer. This is probably the last season I'd want her to sustain injury

europagnpilgrim
02-14-2018, 02:17 PM
This is the best team that Lebron has been on. You guys really think the Kyrie loss was so big. I would easily take any two of the four guys we got over Kyrie alone. Easily. All play better defense. All play better team ball. The fact I have all four plus the brooklyn pick. Yeah, Lebron is staying too.

would you want Hood or Clarkson or Hill staring Curry or Klay in the face with the title on the line or would you want Irving? that pretty much sums up postseason ball right there, Irving was Batman to Lebrons Hulk, and you already heard Hill say we all got to be Robins, once Love returns that will decline the other players stats/touches not named Lebron, which will cause an effect for those young unproven postseason players, they are way better as I said on another thread by just getting young and Lebron's favoring thing, spot up shooters who this time are athletic and who idol Lebron, they are his Robins, it wont work against the best out West, and other teams out East finally got a dose of confidence especially the way Cavs looked and nobody outside of Lebron scares any player, that's why Irving(the AI of his era) was so vital because he put fear in the other teams, he lit up the Spurs for 50+ for a reason, those guys combined for that the other day, 4-5 combined players at that

I always pull for Lebron to do it big, and I expect him to pull it out and get whooped in the finals again

Lebron should stay, he literally runs the Land, why leave a gravy train when you are the executor of the office

Pittz
02-14-2018, 02:21 PM
The rest of the league is in serious trouble. The players that currently surround Bron now are so complimentary. He is now moving around with the freedom that is the closest thing to GS type freedom. He's got athletes that are cutting and shooting and playing defense and jumping high. Bron is going to do something very special this 27 games or so of the season and he is going to overtake Harden and win the MVP this year.

Cavs will win the ship this year, as Lebron turns 4 athletic shooters in a GS equivalent with himself leading which if you do the math = Cavs win. The Film more than anything tells me that the Cavs are going to be nasty 28 games from now and they will win the NBA championship this year.

Lebron will stay, they will trade Kevin Love for a better piece and win the very next year as well.

Agreed, now that he has teammates who can jump high, the championship is Lebron's to lose!

europagnpilgrim
02-14-2018, 02:27 PM

Irving had takeover high level clutch ability, anytime Lebron would give you the ball at the end of games to close tells you how dangerous that player is, its the same thing I said about Harden when he was over there on as 6th man for OKC, KD use to give him the ball in crunch time because Harden was that damn good but wasn't getting starter minutes to really showcase it, same thing I said with TMac when he first got drafted and was sitting on the Raptors bench

Lebron wouldn't trust none of those guys to close out a Finals game with the ball in their hands, he may set them up for the shot attempt but he trusted Irving to have the ball and hit a shot from a pass, that trumps all

SfgiantsJD3
02-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Agreed, now that he has teammates who can jump high, the championship is Lebron's to lose!

My greatest hope is come the last game of the season Vegas agrees with you and makes the Cav's the favorites with irresistible bets to take the field against them.

europagnpilgrim
02-14-2018, 02:30 PM

I bet cash money the Cavs wont win the title this year if all teams are healthy come Finals time? let me know, I got 5 on it

Vee-Rex
02-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Irving had takeover high level clutch ability, anytime Lebron would give you the ball at the end of games to close tells you how dangerous that player is, its the same thing I said about Harden when he was over there on as 6th man for OKC, KD use to give him the ball in crunch time because Harden was that damn good but wasn't getting starter minutes to really showcase it, same thing I said with TMac when he first got drafted and was sitting on the Raptors bench

Lebron wouldn't trust none of those guys to close out a Finals game with the ball in their hands, he may set them up for the shot attempt but he trusted Irving to have the ball and hit a shot from a pass, that trumps all

True. The ceiling (at least offensively) is definitely lower without Kyrie.

I can say without a doubt that there were times Kyrie was complete crap during games and turned it on late in the 4. Makes you wonder - if he wasn't complete crap (on both ends of the ball), would the Cavs have needed the clutch to save them in the end? Brings to mind the Indiana series in the first round where there was a time or two (can't remember off the top of my head) where Cavs sat Kyrie and were playing better.

I think we can reasonably say the Cavs are better post-trade than pre-trade, but it remains to be seen if they are better than last year's Cavs with Kyrie. The playoffs are a different beast altogether so we'll have to see what a team with a lower ceiling but higher floor can accomplish in the playoffs.

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 02:40 PM
I bet cash money the Cavs wont win the title this year if all teams are healthy come Finals time? let me know, I got 5 on it

give me odds

prodigy
02-14-2018, 02:44 PM
. Even Houston might beat em Cle.

As a cavs fan im begging The rockets can beat the warriors in the playoffs. I think rockets vs GS would be a blood bath. GS just has so many weapons and i love the idea of Lebron covering Harden rather then Lebron covering Durant. Much better match-up for Cleveland.

prodigy
02-14-2018, 02:45 PM
I hope they win but I think the loss of Wade will shine bright when LeBrons the only guy you can trust in the clutch in the finals series.

Well theres only one ball lol.

prodigy
02-14-2018, 02:53 PM

I want in on this. I'm 1 for 1 on this forum in sig bets. I even own a man. A Celtics fan.

mrblisterdundee
02-14-2018, 03:24 PM
My bold prediction: The Cavaliers will make the finals.

Heediot
02-14-2018, 03:29 PM

I think Kyries important if you don't have a smart coach like Pops or Stevens. When things get tight or break down in the playoffs that's where his value lies as a Robin. Now a coach like Pops seems to find ways to get guys to their spots better than anyone. Not too sure if Lue can do that. I'm just wondering if Love can fill that void if needed the deeper they go in the playoffs.

In a way this is a better team than the one with Kyrie last year. Chemistry and cohesiveness. Personally, for me I won't say that's it better then the one with Kyrie unless they push gs to 6.

WaDe03
02-14-2018, 03:34 PM
Well theres only one ball lol.

It's a lot more to it than that lol

Heediot
02-14-2018, 03:34 PM
To be fair, Ive been 50% right. Last year I thought they had a chance, but I will take the overall L of being wrong because in hindsight, they had no chance last year. But The won the year before that, and almost won without kyrie and love the year before that.

I see something in this team that I have never seen in a Lebron team...at least 4-5 other athletes that can all shoot, defend create and run with him. He's never had anything close to this. The style will keep him fresh since he doesn't have to create every play anymore. He can be the recipient now of a free flowing offense, which is all he has wanted for a long time. Now that we are going to get that Lebron, I am not worried about anything.

I remember that year. You, Vee, KDSpurs are the guys I remembered picking the Cavs . I Picked them also. Then again the three of y'all picked them last year too. You could be right this year though, you never know how this team will unfold with the new additions. I personally think the Warriors are too stacked. If the rules revert back to the 90's, there could be some teams that could bully their way to an upset by slowing the game down. The rules and they way the team is built and plays is just too much for me until proven otherwise ( a well oiled machine that sooped up with an illegal engine).

Heediot
02-14-2018, 03:37 PM
As a cavs fan im begging The rockets can beat the warriors in the playoffs. I think rockets vs GS would be a blood bath. GS just has so many weapons and i love the idea of Lebron covering Harden rather then Lebron covering Durant. Much better match-up for Cleveland.

I think y'all should be favorites due to Rockets lack of championship experience. Can't trust Harden or Paul yet until proven otherwise in the deep stages.

Jamiecballer
02-14-2018, 04:08 PM
We are allowed our own bold predictions right?

Cleveland will struggle to get out of the East, and more than likely does not. Lebron will probably elevate his play down the stretch but after the media fueled euphoria has died down he will quickly remember what everyone seems to have forgotten - the powerhouse jazz (at .500) were so stacked with talented young players they were looking to move Rodney Hood. And while the Lakers benefit from moving Clarkson's salary, the reality is that if two max free agents said sure we will come to Los Angeles you can be damn sure they would have been able to free up that cap space in the summer someway, somehow. When a player is unanimously referred to as 6th man of the year material in his early years folks thats not a good thing. The Lakers more than happy to pass Clarkson on.

The best young player the Cavs got is Nance, by far.

They are better composed to support Lebron and how he plays the game though. But if they make it to the finals it will be over as quickly as it began at the hands of whomever represents the west. 4 games probably.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
02-14-2018, 04:18 PM

I don't care how much you dislike a player, wishing he gets injured is a pu*** move.

Vee-Rex
02-14-2018, 04:25 PM

Thanks, bro. :hi5:

Nance is a good piece for this team. He's underrated and does all the little things. It's so fitting that he's playing for the team his dad had a successful career with. He's one of us and belongs to us.

Hill is a robot that seems to make the right plays all the time. Crafty defender as well who does a good job at staying in front of his man. Did terrific vs. Kyrie and Westbrook so far.

Clarkson is an energy freak. It's absolutely infectious. Watching him squat down with his legs spread into his defensive stance every time Westbrook dribbled up the court was so exciting. Also an underrated passer who is a great athlete with tremendous speed.

Hood had some fantastic low-key defensive possessions and seems to be a reliable (when wide open) 3-point shooter. He can drive to the rim and finish. I liked his effort on rebounding and boxing out too.

Jamiecballer
02-14-2018, 04:31 PM
Thanks, bro. :hi5:

Nance is a good piece for this team. He's underrated and does all the little things. It's so fitting that he's playing for the team his dad had a successful career with. He's one of us and belongs to us.

Hill is a robot that seems to make the right plays all the time. Crafty defender as well who does a good job at staying in front of his man. Did terrific vs. Kyrie and Westbrook so far.

Clarkson is an energy freak. It's absolutely infectious. Watching him squat down with his legs spread into his defensive stance every time Westbrook dribbled up the court was so exciting. Also an underrated passer who is a great athlete with tremendous speed.

Hood had some fantastic low-key defensive possessions and seems to be a reliable (when wide open) 3-point shooter. He can drive to the rim and finish. I liked his effort on rebounding and boxing out too.I do love both Hill and Nance. Wish we had either/both

LaVar Ball
02-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Cavs vs Rockets in the finals

Cavs in 6

Heediot
02-14-2018, 04:43 PM
Cavs vs Rockets in the finals

Cavs in 6

Aint you want Bron in LA with your son? I don't think Bron goes there with another title in Cle.

TylerSL
02-14-2018, 04:53 PM
I would say that this group is in a bit of a "honeymoon phase" and will eventually face some adversity themselves. That's not to say that they haven't improved, they have in key areas, but Cleveland really just raised their floor more than their ceiling. I think the threat of a team in the East knocking them out is gone, they will probably crush the East in the playoffs as Lebron does every year. I could see Lebron winning the MVP award if the Cavs continue to look rejuvenated the rest of the way. If the MVP race is neck and neck with Harden, Lebron may get a bit of a sympathy vote as well considering he's been so great for so long.

They will still be big underdogs against the Warriors or Rockets in the Finals, which they would have been before these trades also. There really just isn't a whole lot Lebron can do to be considered the favorite anymore, not with that super-duper team in Golden State or the way the Houston shoots the basketball. That's not to say he can't win, he is still the greatest player in the world, but he will be the underdog in The Finals. The Warriors legitimately have two top-5 players in the world, another player in the top-20, another All-Star level player, and a deep bench. If Michael Jordan was playing these Warriors in the Finals every year, he wouldn't have a 6-0 Finals resume.

If I had to guess, I would say the Cavaliers lose the Finals again and Lebron tests Free Agency. That's not to say he will definitely leave, though I personally hope he does considering Gilbert is POS, but he will entertain all options. Here's to him going to San Antonio or Houston :up:

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 05:04 PM
I think Kyries important if you don't have a smart coach like Pops or Stevens. When things get tight or break down in the playoffs that's where his value lies as a Robin. Now a coach like Pops seems to find ways to get guys to their spots better than anyone. Not too sure if Lue can do that. I'm just wondering if Love can fill that void if needed the deeper they go in the playoffs.

In a way this is a better team than the one with Kyrie last year. Chemistry and cohesiveness. Personally, for me I won't say that's it better then the one with Kyrie unless they push gs to 6.

They got Lebron, thats better than having Stevens. You gotta have personel to get spacing. Kyrie is overrated and a huge stopper of championship greatness. This team is better than any Cleveland Kyrie team.

Heediot
02-14-2018, 05:11 PM
They got Lebron, thats better than having Stevens. You gotta have personel to get spacing. Kyrie is overrated and a huge stopper of championship greatness. This team is better than any Cleveland Kyrie team.

He's an elite bail out option to me. You can have your views. It's convenient for Bron supporters to dismiss Kyries contributions, and dismiss how influential his game is in certain dynamics to elevate the greatness of Bron. Any other year he could have been finals MVP the year the Cavs won. Bron deserved it more but Kyrie would have been worthy.

Is he a ball stopper, sure. But history has proven you can win titles with Iso players having a big impact. MJ, Kobe etc...

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 05:14 PM
He's an elite bail out option to me. You can have your views. It's convenient for Bron supporters to dismiss Kyries contributions, and dismiss how influential his game is in certain dynamics to elevate the greatness of Bron. Any other year he could have been finals MVP the year the Cavs won. Bron deserved it more but Kyrie would have been worthy.

Common, finals MVP was not even close. Secondly, I promise I have been saying this when he was on Clev. Last year I was praying for him to get traded for PG or Butler.

Heediot
02-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Common, finals MVP was not even close. Secondly, I promise I have been saying this when he was on Clev. Last year I was praying for him to get traded for PG or Butler.

Cognitive dissonance and cherry picking for your agenda is real. Bron deserved it more, but Kyrie's performance was FMVP worthy. You get it even if he didn't win, his level up play was up there.

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 06:18 PM
Cognitive dissonance and cherry picking for your agenda is real. Bron deserved it more, but Kyrie's performance was FMVP worthy. You get it even if he didn't win, his level up play was up there.

Example my young son

Heediot
02-14-2018, 06:25 PM
Example my young son

LOL. Meh I don't want to waste my energy. You have your opinion and I got mine. You have a heavy homerism toward James, and your entitled to that. I don't want to get into a long time consuming thing. I feel Kyrie is flawed in certain dynamics and I feel he is under-appreciated in other dynamics put it that way. Some people can pick which dynamics they want to focus on to elevate said player. It is what it is.

ewing
02-14-2018, 06:45 PM
LBJ tears his ACL

Jamiecballer
02-14-2018, 06:56 PM
LBJ tears his ACL

you got me and then i remembered the title of this thread you bastard

ewing
02-14-2018, 07:16 PM
you got me and then i remembered the title of this thread you bastard

Sorry, that wasn't my intent

Jamiecballer
02-14-2018, 07:17 PM
Sorry, that wasn't my intent

:hi5:

europagnpilgrim
02-14-2018, 07:53 PM
give me odds

give you a straight up bet, don't run now, this is the best team Lebron has ever been on(child please), Cavs won a title with Irving and in those playoffs leading up to the Finals it wasn't funny how good Irving was with Lebron right there beasting as well with Love filling in as a third star, that is the success for titles, not Lebron(aged) with a bunch of Robins, hungry or not

once Love gets back then we will really see since the pecking order will get shook up besides Lebron role

so give me 5 on it straight up Cavs don't win it all, and that can be with a H or a K after it

I still got them coming out but its with the same feeling I had back in 09', and Dwight happened but Lebron still balled out and wore that classic t shirt talking about 'check out my stats'' or something to that nature, 38 8 8, check out my stats, statwhore to the max

its a reason why Lebron wants to play 40+ minutes a night, especially when the competition Is bare in the cupboards

europagnpilgrim
02-14-2018, 07:58 PM

Lebron should have won in 2015 when Irving went out then, and not win it the following year with him, this team mopped through the east past three years with Irving being Kobe like to Lebron as Shaq, you can of course give more credit to Lebron but to dismiss what Irving use to do in those playoff games outside of a couple it was pretty lethal, such a 1-2 punch they would basically sweep the east before the Finals, Irving hit a lot of nail in the coffin shots, which last I checked wins games

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 08:10 PM
LOL. Meh I don't want to waste my energy. You have your opinion and I got mine. You have a heavy homerism toward James, and your entitled to that. I don't want to get into a long time consuming thing. I feel Kyrie is flawed in certain dynamics and I feel he is under-appreciated in other dynamics put it that way. Some people can pick which dynamics they want to focus on to elevate said player. It is what it is.

My thoughts are equivalent to his ability/dominance. If your harboring ill feelings because he left ur team, got nada to do with me.

KnicksorBust
02-14-2018, 08:14 PM

If the Cavs do not win the 2018 nba championship, then I own your sig for the next 365 days after they officially are eliminated.

If the Cavs win the 2018 nba championship, then you own my sig for life.

Deal?

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 08:53 PM
If the Cavs do not win the 2018 nba championship, then I own your sig for the next 365 days after they officially are eliminated.

Deal?

My sig bet door is open to them making the finals. Winning is still not given but going is.

You said they would not go

For betting

KnicksorBust
02-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Cavs will win the ship this year, as Lebron turns 4 athletic shooters in a GS equivalent with himself leading which if you do the math = Cavs win.

Already scurred? You posted that today.

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 09:11 PM
Cavs don't make the Finals. IKH if you want that sig bet state the terms and let's make it official.

Not as scarred as you! You actually issued the very bet son!

Vee-Rex
02-14-2018, 09:43 PM
The levels of testosterone in this thread is making me feel so insecure!

Heediot
02-14-2018, 09:46 PM
My thoughts are equivalent to his ability/dominance. If your harboring ill feelings because he left ur team, got nada to do with me.

What team?

I'm just stating my opinions of Kyrie. You can defend your boy James. Your love fest with him is on par with wade3 and giannis with their boys. People wanna harp on Kyries flaws but they don't want to see the advantages of having a guy like him. From my perspective I'm just trying to see both sides of the coin with him, take the good and the bad of Kyrie.

This isn't really about James, when I'm mentioning Kyrie, it's more about how Kyrie fits into how things went down in Cleveland.

KnicksorBust
02-14-2018, 10:26 PM

Not as scarred as you! You actually issued the very bet son!

Put up or shut up. :)

If the Cavs make it to the 2018 NBA Finals I will have to use any signatures of your choice for the next 365 days after they make the Finals.

If the Cavs do not make it to the 2018 NBA Finals you will have to use any signatures I pick for the next 365 days after they are eliminated.

Deal?

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 11:09 PM
What team?

I'm just stating my opinions of Kyrie. You can defend your boy James. Your love fest with him is on par with wade3 and giannis with their boys. People wanna harp on Kyries flaws but they don't want to see the advantages of having a guy like him. From my perspective I'm just trying to see both sides of the coin with him, take the good and the bad of Kyrie.

This isn't really about James, when I'm mentioning Kyrie, it's more about how Kyrie fits into how things went down in Cleveland.

Thatís fine. But Iím not trying to fit my current narrative. Iíve wanted Kyrie gone for a long long time, and Iíll dig up the posts to prove how wrong you are for saying that.

I am 100% taking the 4 players over Kyrie so easily and happily. The thing is as I said before, any two of them Iíd take because they make the Cavs better.

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 11:14 PM

If the Cavs make it to the 2018 NBA Finals I will have to use any signatures of your choice for the next 365 days after they make the Finals.

If the Cavs do not make it to the 2018 NBA Finals you will have to use any signatures I pick for the next 365 days after they are eliminated.

Deal?

ďWell só- nóó, thatís all you had to sayĒ
Can you name that movie?

Of course itís a deal

Jamiecballer
02-14-2018, 11:22 PM
Thatís fine. But Iím not trying to fit my current narrative. Iíve wanted Kyrie gone for a long long time, and Iíll dig up the posts to prove how wrong you are for saying that.

I am 100% taking the 4 players over Kyrie so easily and happily. The thing is as I said before, any two of them Iíd take because they make the Cavs better.I dont think you'll be saying that about Clarkson for long since hes a crappier less efficent offensive player in the irving mold but i share your opinion of kyrie. And as long as the two players are Hill and Nance i agree.

IKnowHoops
02-14-2018, 11:27 PM
I dont think you'll be saying that about Clarkson for long since hes a crappier less efficent offensive player in the irving mold but i share your opinion of kyrie.

If it was just Clarkston, trying to fill Kyrie void, then 100%. But all four playing in a team atmosphere, buying in completely 100% to Bron Ball, and itís not even remotely close to how much better of a team they are now.

Scoots
02-15-2018, 12:49 AM
The Cavs are for sure better than they were the day before the trade deadline ... not sure they are better than they were last year.

prodigy
02-15-2018, 10:20 AM
We are allowed our own bold predictions right?

Cleveland will struggle to get out of the East, and more than likely does not. Lebron will probably elevate his play down the stretch but after the media fueled euphoria has died down he will quickly remember what everyone seems to have forgotten - the powerhouse jazz (at .500) were so stacked with talented young players they were looking to move Rodney Hood. And while the Lakers benefit from moving Clarkson's salary, the reality is that if two max free agents said sure we will come to Los Angeles you can be damn sure they would have been able to free up that cap space in the summer someway, somehow. When a player is unanimously referred to as 6th man of the year material in his early years folks thats not a good thing. The Lakers more than happy to pass Clarkson on.

They are better composed to support Lebron and how he plays the game though. But if they make it to the finals it will be over as quickly as it began at the hands of whomever represents the west. 4 games probably.

Only reason Jazz traded Hood was he's a little injury prone. Otherwise he would not have be traded. I think a team like Cleveland can help him. He won't be asked to drive or try to play make as much. Not that he was a big play maker to began with but that pressure won't even cross his mind. His job is defense and hit ur open shots and drive once in awhile when u have a lane.

prodigy
02-15-2018, 10:26 AM

Deal?

I'll give you props u got some balls lol. Find it hard to believe Cavs won't make the finals. You don't have any facts to go off of just ur hatred for the cavs. That takes guts.

PayDaPiper
02-15-2018, 10:54 AM
The Cavs are better than before clearly.

but people were claiming in the beginning of the season that it was the best Cavs team ever and the most help Bron's ever had. they were old, slow and a complete joke.

I see Raptors as the Cavs biggest threat in the East, (Boston a year too early)but not more than a 6 game challenge.

Bron and a bunch of above average role players are not beating GS or the Rockets for that matter.

GS is coasting and going through the motions, they will lock in 10-15 games left in regular season. I also think they want the 2 seed... Easier path than the 1 seed, would have to face OKC and Rockets most likely if they were #1. if they are the 2 seed, OKC and Houston will knock one of each other out.

Also, come playoffs, rotations get shorter and starters play 40 plus mins a game. Nance, Clarkson and Hood are all coming off the bench, it will be interesting to see minutes logged in playoffs. Typically its like a 7-8 man rotation with Curry, Dray, KD, Klay all gettin 40 plus minutes with Iggy West and Livingston sprinkled in

I got GS over Cavs in 5, same as last year

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2018, 11:02 AM

Deal?

Thatís not the deal. You said Cavs wonít make the finals. I say otherwise. Not to bet against the juggernaut Warriors. Lolz donít try and change it up.

Pfeifer
02-15-2018, 11:09 AM
The Cavs are better than before clearly.

but people were claiming in the beginning of the season that it was the best Cavs team ever and the most help Bron's ever had. they were old, slow and a complete joke.

I see Raptors as the Cavs biggest threat in the East, (Boston a year too early)but not more than a 6 game challenge.

Bron and a bunch of above average role players are not beating GS or the Rockets for that matter.

GS is coasting and going through the motions, they will lock in 10-15 games left in regular season. I also think they want the 2 seed... Easier path than the 1 seed, would have to face OKC and Rockets most likely if they were #1. if they are the 2 seed, OKC and Houston will knock one of each other out.

Also, come playoffs, rotations get shorter and starters play 40 plus mins a game. Nance, Clarkson and Hood are all coming off the bench, it will be interesting to see minutes logged in playoffs. Typically its like a 7-8 man rotation with Curry, Dray, KD, Klay all gettin 40 plus minutes with Iggy West and Livingston sprinkled in

I got GS over Cavs in 5, same as last year

That was the most rational post in this thread.

europagnpilgrim
02-15-2018, 11:12 AM
What team?

Bingo, nobody ever looks at it from both sides

example, Iverson was carried by the defense

other side of the coin - who carried those defenders on offense? this is the side that always gets ignored

just like Irving was Batman/Superman to the Hulk, now the flip side is they traded him for a bunch of Robins though still solid players don't get it wrong but none have the ability when the chips are down come postseason like Irving

I feel they can come out the East but they are going to either get actually swept or gentleman type like last year

finally someone on psd looks at both sides of the coin, makes ish so much clearer

KnicksorBust
02-15-2018, 12:23 PM

Deal?

Of course itís a deal

Lock it in. We're on.

prodigy
02-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Bron and a bunch of above average role players are not beating GS or the Rockets for that matter.r

Thats ur opinion not a fact. lebron is a great player, Love was having his best season as a cav. Quite a few guys who can score without Lebron and a much better defensive team. GS will be a great challenge. But they have a shot. any of these top teams do.

Jamiecballer
02-15-2018, 01:32 PM
Only reason Jazz traded Hood was he's a little injury prone. Otherwise he would not have be traded. I think a team like Cleveland can help him. He won't be asked to drive or try to play make as much. Not that he was a big play maker to began with but that pressure won't even cross his mind. His job is defense and hit ur open shots and drive once in awhile when u have a lane.

i'm not really sure i believe that, i think there is definitely more to it than that. sure, he's had some injuries, absolutely. still, how many times can you count where a team was actively shopping a player at the age of 25 who was in the midst of the best season statistically of his career and was healthy? for the jazz to accept a trade that essentially got them a player in Crowder having an awful season? i'm just saying for sure something does not add up. again, cleveland did not make them an offer they could not refuse, they were looking for takers.

i agree though that he is well suited to what the Cavaliers will probably want and expect from him though.

IKnowHoops
02-15-2018, 01:32 PM
Iím interested to see if Bron can beat GS with this squad. Iím sure he can but it will be tough.

Giannis94
02-15-2018, 01:43 PM
Iím interested to see if Bron can beat GS with this squad. Iím sure he can but it will be tough.

You know what they say, if ya can't beat em, join em. I expect lebron to fully consider signing with the dubs after the season like reports suggested

Vee-Rex
02-15-2018, 01:45 PM
i'm not really sure i believe that, i think there is definitely more to it than that. sure, he's had some injuries, absolutely. still, how many times can you count where a team was actively shopping a player at the age of 25 who was in the midst of the best season statistically of his career and was healthy? for the jazz to accept a trade that essentially got them a player in Crowder having an awful season? i'm just saying for sure something does not add up. again, cleveland did not make them an offer they could not refuse, they were looking for takers.

i agree though that he is well suited to what the Cavaliers will probably want an expect from him though.

A part of it was the money too. Hood is gonna get a big offer as a restricted free agent and the Jazz didn't want to have to try to match it.

Combine that with the fact that he's injury prone (he has IBS so he'll miss games for his entire career), a very streaky shooter, and they decided to move on from him. They got a young player in Crowder in return who is on a good contract, sent Joe Johnson packing, and cut Derrick Rose. Will save a lot of money. It wasn't a horrible trade for them.

If Hood blossoms into some kind of all-star then it might look bad, but at this point his ceiling seems to be a high-end role-player, which incidentally is a great kind of player to put beside LeBron.

IKnowHoops
02-15-2018, 02:45 PM
A part of it was the money too. Hood is gonna get a big offer as a restricted free agent and the Jazz didn't want to have to try to match it.

Combine that with the fact that he's injury prone (he has IBS so he'll miss games for his entire career), a very streaky shooter, and they decided to move on from him. They got a young player in Crowder in return who is on a good contract, sent Joe Johnson packing, and cut Derrick Rose. Will save a lot of money. It wasn't a horrible trade for them.

If Hood blossoms into some kind of all-star then it might look bad, but at this point his ceiling seems to be a high-end role-player, which incidentally is a great kind of player to put beside LeBron.

Yeah, basically, money wise, you sign Bron, two centers, two pg and 8 copies of Jeff Green

Chronz
02-15-2018, 03:10 PM
To be followed by the inevitable "the team around LeBron just isn't talented enough" ... and the cycle repeats itself ... until he leaves again.
Are you suggesting this team should be favored based on talent?

tredigs
02-15-2018, 05:52 PM
Think Gilbert shells out the $150 million dollar TAX bill for next season after they inevitably fall short in the playoffs again this year? I sort of doubt it. It's win now or bust.

Jamiecballer
02-15-2018, 06:32 PM

I agree with everything you are saying except the part about the money. Basically because all the reasons you brought up for why the Jazz would move on would apply to the other 29 nba teams as well. Whose making a big offer to a player with a lengthy injury history and limited playmaking skills?

I'm 99% sure there were attitude issues and thats where i would caution Cleveland fans... thats the sense i get from digging around all afternoon... and that's without even taking the whole cellphone incident into consideration.

If he is okay being an outside shooter (and on Lebrons terms) and busts his *** on defense he will be good. If he can't be happy with that - as he appeared not to be when Mitchell became the main guy in Utah then i think it has the potential to go south.

ewing
02-15-2018, 07:42 PM

Apparently he was wrong. We donít even have to wait for the excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
02-15-2018, 09:55 PM
Are you suggesting this team should be favored based on talent?He is right though. Look at the reactions in the media after the deadline and a couple guys in this very forum. Yes, they are good fits, but aside from Hill and Nance IMO they arent even particularly good basketball players. So it is as inevitable as the sun going down we will be hearing them trash guys like Hood and Clarkson come May/June. This has been a common theme with these Cavs teams.

Vee-Rex
02-15-2018, 10:40 PM
He is right though. Look at the reactions in the media after the deadline and a couple guys in this very forum. Yes, they are good fits, but aside from Hill and Nance IMO they arent even particularly good basketball players. So it is as inevitable as the sun going down we will be hearing them trash guys like Hood and Clarkson come May/June. This has been a common theme with these Cavs teams.

The only time I really see those reactions are in response to when people say, "durrr Lebrun is garbage! LeChoke! LeBum! LeBrick! Another finals loss!"

Those 'reactions' that you speak of are, quite frankly, validated when used in respond to that sort of stuff, especially if his opponent is an Olympic team with more talent.

Jamiecballer
02-15-2018, 11:26 PM
The only time I really see those reactions are in response to when people say, "durrr Lebrun is garbage! LeChoke! LeBum! LeBrick! Another finals loss!"

Those 'reactions' that you speak of are, quite frankly, validated when used in respond to that sort of stuff, especially if his opponent is an Olympic team with more talent.

oh believe me, i get it. i just find it funny that we have to go through this period of over-the-top, this team is so stacked or so good nonsense every time until people get realistic. we saw it as recently as this past off-season. make no mistake, as well as the cavs cleaned up this deadline it was a mess completely of their own making and yet the comments every off-season never seem to focus on anything except what the player might bring to the Cavs and never the shortcomings that come with it. it did not take a genius to predict that the cavs team that started the season was going to be a mess, know what i mean?

Vee-Rex
02-15-2018, 11:36 PM
oh believe me, i get it. i just find it funny that we have to go through this period of over-the-top, this team is so stacked or so good nonsense every time until people get realistic. we saw it as recently as this past off-season. make no mistake, as well as the cavs cleaned up this deadline it was a mess completely of their own making and yet the comments every off-season never seem to focus on anything except what the player might bring to the Cavs and never the shortcomings that come with it. it did not take a genius to predict that the cavs team that started the season was going to be a mess, know what i mean?

yeah, I hear you on that. I do try to be realistic but it's hard especially when a team was THAT BAD seemingly turn it around after getting new players.

But yeah, we can't act like they don't have shortcomings then if/when the Cavs get smoked, act like they're garbage.

Scoots
02-15-2018, 11:38 PM

No. I'm suggesting that there will be excuses in the future.

Scoots
02-15-2018, 11:39 PM
Apparently he was wrong. We donít even have to wait for the excuses.

Champ!

IKnowHoops
02-16-2018, 12:17 AM

I disagree. I donít remember anyone thinking that the previous roster had any more than a snow balls chance in heck + a miracle to beat GS.

This team can straight up beat GS in my opinion. Not because they are more talented, but because they have the best player and they match up well and fit together nicely and Bron can make all these guys better. They are prototype ďplay better with BronĒ guys

IKnowHoops
02-16-2018, 12:24 AM
And I never s_at on the Cavs guys for being awful. I gave credit to Curry Durant and the team for being to much for that slower less athletic team...that was a great team as they ran through the east.

I think this Cavs team is actually slightly faster and slightly more athletic than this GS team and they got Bron. Itís not so black and white as you eastern guys are trying to make it to try and make each other feel better. Iíll bet with anyone they make the finals. Iím ready to back my talk up. If your not ready to meet me, then you are the one crying about ish you really donít believe. Dealing with the pain is just making you take the bóó way out. Iím just keepin it real and saying what I see. Stfu or take advantage of my stupidity.

nastynice
02-16-2018, 02:06 AM
Was that you a earlier who was tryina sig bet cavs win the chip? If so I'll take that..

And didn't someone try and bet you something earlier and then after you wanted odds? Haha, you can't do that! Put a bet forth and ask for odds after someone takes it!!

IKnowHoops
02-16-2018, 03:46 AM
Was that you a earlier who was tryina sig bet cavs win the chip? If so I'll take that..

And didn't someone try and bet you something earlier and then after you wanted odds? Haha, you can't do that! Put a bet forth and ask for odds after someone takes it!!

Sig bet was they would make the finals. And the bet has been made with no problems or reservations whatsoever. I lean to them winning, knowing full well they could loose. But I do think they will win. Call me crazy. Take the time to read through, itís there, now your just appearing to call me out so some chump like yourself can skim through, see this senseless blurb by yourself, and pull a you and run with it as if they really got something...😂...j/k.

nastynice
02-16-2018, 04:08 AM
Sig bet was they would make the finals. And the bet has been made with no problems or reservations whatsoever. I lean to them winning, knowing full well they could loose. But I do think they will win. Call me crazy. Take the time to read through, itís there, now your just appearing to call me out so some chump like yourself can skim through, see this senseless blurb by yourself, and pull a you and run with it as if they really got something...😂...j/k.

lmao, I legit didn't know if that was you or not, this pms ***** fit tells me it was, keep laughing to yourself and I'll do the same, crazy guy

IKnowHoops
02-16-2018, 05:06 AM
To be clear. They will beast the east and I lean to them winning the NBA finals

IKnowHoops
02-16-2018, 05:09 AM
What did lol please get banned for by the way? Tell me it was triple accounts.

ewing
02-16-2018, 09:31 AM
I think they finish the year strong and have a chance to get out of the East. If that is enough to keep LeBron in Clev Idk. I do think about 1/2 a season is the as long as he can go with this franchise without alienating 1/2 his teammates and creating a dysfunctional mess. So its probably best for him to get out

prodigy
02-16-2018, 11:10 AM
I agree with everything you are saying except the part about the money. Basically because all the reasons you brought up for why the Jazz would move on would apply to the other 29 nba teams as well. Whose making a big offer to a player with a lengthy injury history and limited playmaking skills?

I'm 99% sure there were attitude issues and thats where i would caution Cleveland fans... thats the sense i get from digging around all afternoon... and that's without even taking the whole cellphone incident into consideration.

If he is okay being an outside shooter (and on Lebrons terms) and busts his *** on defense he will be good. If he can't be happy with that - as he appeared not to be when Mitchell became the main guy in Utah then i think it has the potential to go south.

Big difference between Mitchell coming in as a rookie and maybe Hood felt a little shaded by the team. Compared to lebron who's arguably the GOAT.

I don't see the cell phone issue as anything i give a crap about. Now if he's had locker room issues that could be a concern. I don't see any issues this season anyway. Maybe next year.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2018, 12:17 PM
I disagree. I donít remember anyone thinking that the previous roster had any more than a snow balls chance in heck + a miracle to beat GS.

This team can straight up beat GS in my opinion. Not because they are more talented, but because they have the best player and they match up well and fit together nicely and Bron can make all these guys better. They are prototype ďplay better with BronĒ guys

Well i get why you disagree but i'm not saying anybody ever said they had a snowballs chance in hell then, just as i think the vast majority would say they still don't.

There are obvious ways you need to build around guys like Lebron. Basically get the absolute best players you can that fit the following criteria:

- Are strong defenders
- Good shooters, particularly on the catch
- Excellent basketball IQ - smart enough to know the best play is almost never isolation

And most important in my opinion

- Players who have shown a willingness to be a role player

Pretty much the same formula you would use with Iverson IF you were resigned to the fact you were never going to be championship caliber and trading him is not an option.

Nance is a great piece. George Hill is a great piece. Clarkson honestly was foisted. They were willing to take IT and the best you can say about Clarkson IMO is "well, we will need someone to create from time to time...". Problem is do you really want what Clarkson is going to create? Meh. Not particularly. Hood I'm not entirely decided on. I think he can be an effective fit but I'm not sure he sees himself the same way we do. Im interested to see what he ends up getting paid honestly.

So again, I agree the fit is better but you can do much better than Hood and Clarkson as players and still meet that criteria. My rating for Altman is he did very well under the circumstances and the rest I suppose is a we'll see.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2018, 12:24 PM
Big difference between Mitchell coming in as a rookie and maybe Hood felt a little shaded by the team. Compared to lebron who's arguably the GOAT.

I don't see the cell phone issue as anything i give a crap about. Now if he's had locker room issues that could be a concern. I don't see any issues this season anyway. Maybe next year.Is it different? Because what had Rodney done in Utah to respond that way? He hasn't established anything yet.

Heediot
02-16-2018, 01:15 PM
- Excellent basketball IQ - smart enough to know the best play is almost never isolation

I think this is like a fantasy with some people. The only team that won a finals with ball movement in its purity was the Spurs when they beat the heat. GS was close last year, but that was more of overwhelming talent then out scheming someone with ball movement.

Even the current Warriors need Curry and Durant to sprinkle in ISO plays to keep defenses balanced. The Rockets with Harden and Paul too.

I agree ball movement is a better way to play in general, as it is more team oriented, builds better chemistry, keeps players engaged. However, the later you get in the game or the later you get into the playoffs. Individual ability becomes more significant.

It still comes down to talent whoever has the most top 10 guys tend to be the best team. Those Spurs were just an outlier, although they had an ascending KL and seasoned vets who still knew how to make winning plays.

Clarkson and Hood are guys that do play ISO ball and have that in their game. Right now the team is just trying to gel. They are trying to fit in first and foremost. Bron himself plays ISO ball a fair share too, he just doesn't have the ability to beat someone off the dribble without driving to the rim as much as more talented ISO players.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2018, 01:23 PM
I think this is like a fantasy with some people. The only team that won a finals with ball movement in its purity was the Spurs when they beat the heat. GS was close last year, but that was more of overwhelming talent then out scheming someone with ball movement.

Even the current Warriors need Curry and Durant to sprinkle in ISO plays to keep defenses balanced. The Rockets with Harden and Paul too.

I agree ball movement is a better way to play in general, as it is more team oriented, builds better chemistry, keeps players engaged. However, the later you get in the game or the later you get into the playoffs. Individual ability becomes more significant.

It still comes down to talent whoever has the most top 10 guys tend to be the best team. Those Spurs were just an outlier, although they had an ascending KL and seasoned vets who still knew how to make winning plays.

Clarkson and Hood are guys that do play ISO ball and have that in their game. Right now the team is just trying to gel. They are trying to fit in first and foremost. Bron himself plays ISO ball a fair share too, he just doesn't have the ability to beat someone off the dribble without driving to the rim as much as more talented ISO players.Right, but you may have missed one key distinction here - when you play with Lebron he is the one that should be doing these things - not you.

Because otherwise i agree with what you are saying. When the support players are doing it by choice rather than necessity though...

Heediot
02-16-2018, 01:31 PM
Right, but you may have missed one key distinction here - when you play with Lebron he is the one that should be doing these things - not you.

Because otherwise i agree with what you are saying. When the support players are doing it by choice rather than necessity though...

Fair enough. As long as the newbies "know your role, and shut your mouth". The Team is more efficient with Bron's drive and kick, and their role is to play off that. But I do wonder if they'll miss Kyrie's bail out game, if someone has a pulse on what their doing, and forces Bron to dribble around for most of the clock. Kyrie was there in the past to bail out the defense when things break down. Cavs should hope the combination of Love and some of the newbies can help with that.

prodigy
02-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Well i get why you disagree but i'm not saying anybody ever said they had a snowballs chance in hell then, just as i think the vast majority would say they still don't.

There are obvious ways you need to build around guys like Lebron. Basically get the absolute best players you can that fit the following criteria:

- Are strong defenders
- Good shooters, particularly on the catch

And most important in my opinion

- Players who have shown a willingness to be a role player

Pretty much the same formula you would use with Iverson IF you were resigned to the fact you were never going to be championship caliber and trading him is not an option.

Nance is a great piece. George Hill is a great piece. Clarkson honestly was foisted. They were willing to take IT and the best you can say about Clarkson IMO is "well, we will need someone to create from time to time...". Problem is do you really want what Clarkson is going to create? Meh. Not particularly. Hood I'm not entirely decided on. I think he can be an effective fit but I'm not sure he sees himself the same way we do. Im interested to see what he ends up getting paid honestly.

So again, I agree the fit is better but you can do much better than Hood and Clarkson as players and still meet that criteria. My rating for Altman is he did very well under the circumstances and the rest I suppose is a we'll see.

I've loved everything offense and defense that I have seen from Clarkson and Hood. I'm not expecting superstar level play from them but are both very good at what they do. I've always been a huge fan of Clarkson. I felt the Lakers coached him horribly and mis-used him time and time again. I've even stated that a few times on this board and others before the season.

prodigy
02-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Is it different? Because what had Rodney done in Utah to respond that way? He hasn't established anything yet.

yes very very different. Hood hasn't done much but others here mentioned he has locker room issues. (I have no idea if that's true or not I don't follow the jazz much). I listed that as a reason he could've been upset with the team.

IKnowHoops
02-16-2018, 02:44 PM
Fair enough. As long as the newbies "know your role, and shut your mouth". The Team is more efficient with Bron's drive and kick, and their role is to play off that. But I do wonder if they'll miss Kyrie's bail out game, if someone has a pulse on what their doing, and forces Bron to dribble around for most of the clock. Kyrie was there in the past to bail out the defense when things break down. Cavs should hope the combination of Love and some of the newbies can help with that.

Your quote was backwards by the way👍

Heediot
02-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Your quote was backwards by the way👍

Kyrie was more notorious for dribbling out the shot clock, but Bron does it too, albeit a lot less. Kyrie is more skilled at the end of the clock though.

I think that's what you mean by backwards.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2018, 05:50 PM
yes very very different. Hood hasn't done much but others here mentioned he has locker room issues. (I have no idea if that's true or not I don't follow the jazz much). I listed that as a reason he could've been upset with the team.

i don't see it as different. the kind of person you want playing these roles for Cleveland is the same type who doesn't rock the boat because someone else is getting the ball more, especially when he is clearly a far superior player to you.

Scoots
02-16-2018, 06:04 PM
Clarkson has a good attacking game, but if they don't make room for him to attack much will that erode his game over time? Maybe.

Hood is a goodish all-around player but he is inconsistent and can disappear.

To me the keys in the Cavs re-made roster are Hill and Nance. Hill can be a great defender and decent offensive player and Nance is a nice inside outlet valve finisher for LeBron and active rebounder/defender. If those 2 guys gel and stay healthy they will make a huge difference to the defense and the offense.

Still ... the Cavs had 2 stars and now has only 1, losing Kyrie should not be under-played.

Vee-Rex
02-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Clarkson has a good attacking game, but if they don't make room for him to attack much will that erode his game over time? Maybe.

To me the keys in the Cavs re-made roster are Hill and Nance. Hill can be a great defender and decent offensive player and Nance is a nice inside outlet valve finisher for LeBron and active rebounder/defender. If those 2 guys gel and stay healthy they will make a huge difference to the defense and the offense.

Still ... the Cavs had 2 stars and now has only 1, losing Kyrie should not be under-played.

Kevin Love is a star. You trying to low-key diss him?

europagnpilgrim
02-16-2018, 07:31 PM

Lebron first 7 years with Robins or aged former super or all star caliber and reached 1 Finals and won 60 games twice in that span, impressive to me seeing he had that type of support, old Shaq and old Jamison and Mo and Gibson and washed up B Wallace is 2nd worst cast to reach Finals ever, AI has worst support cast to reach Finals in history

Lebron/Wade/Bosh scared the league and were nicknamed Heatles and went to 4 straight Finals, Bosh and Wade were all nba caliber and sure fire all stars, Batmans of the team, well Wade was Superman until injuries got the best of him but was still good at 70pct than most, Robins follow the big 3

Lebron goes back to Cavs with a big 3 in tow, both are even better equipped being younger and studs, Irving is Batman and so was Love for Minny, Robins follow the big 3

Now Lebron loses his Batman(or Superman depended on how you feel about Irving) and has a guy who was Batman and before last year was reduced to Robin role against Warriors who is waiting to come back from injury in Love, with a whole bunch of Robins, that is nothing to be afraid of

you would be kidding yourself to think Clarkson/Hood putting fear in any teams of the true contender list, Lebron is happy because he has patsys to brush his massive ego and tell him how much they idolize him, those others they got rid of could care less because they feel they are proven and have a point no matter how much Lebron can wield that power he has in the Land

G State would beat this team in a 3 game sweep because the Cavs would forfeit game 4, if Lebron was stressed out last year going into Finals with a big 3 and momentum then it has to be worse if he has to meet up with Warriors with just him and a bunch of Robins and a Batman(Love) who may or may not show up since he has been see saw at best against Dubs, better lately so I guess that is more of a positive to lean on

a big 2 is not being Warriors, in order for Rockets or OKC to beat Warriors it will be with a big 3, Gordon or Capela could take a big 3 spot or OKC has a legit big 3 though one is aged in Melo but still effective for what they need him to do and be, Minny would be the most dangerous up and coming team if Wiggins was really as good as TMac as some on here have tried to lay claim to, not even close, if Wiggins was TMac they would have the Warriors on high alert come playoff time

tredigs
02-16-2018, 10:41 PM

Especially as he's an ISO star. Their team is definitely less scary than it was at this point last season.

Scoots
02-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Kevin Love is a star. You trying to low-key diss him?

I guess so ... I literally dismissed him, but it wasn't conscious which makes it even worse for Love.

prodigy
02-17-2018, 10:42 AM
i don't see it as different. the kind of person you want playing these roles for Cleveland is the same type who doesn't rock the boat because someone else is getting the ball more, especially when he is clearly a far superior player to you.

It's clearly different because Mitchell is a rookie and maybe Hood thinks its his time in Utah. But clearly Hood would know coming to Cleveland Lebron is the guy. Lebron is far Superior to Mitchell so its def different. BTW i love Mitchell i mean that in no disrespect but clearly he is not lebron.

prodigy
02-17-2018, 10:48 AM

What do u mean by make room? make room in the paint or play calling? i mean cavs have mostly shooters lol so i don't see how its even a question if there will be room in the paint. Even more so when Love gets back.

Completely agree. But he's like idk 3rd to 6th option now.

Love is def a star and was having his best season as a cav. If he's not a star then Green and Thompson are not either.

Jamiecballer
02-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Lebron first 7 years with Robins or aged former super or all star caliber and reached 1 Finals and won 60 games twice in that span, impressive to me seeing he had that type of support, old Shaq and old Jamison and Mo and Gibson and washed up B Wallace is 2nd worst cast to reach Finals ever, AI has worst support cast to reach Finals in history

Lebron/Wade/Bosh scared the league and were nicknamed Heatles and went to 4 straight Finals, Bosh and Wade were all nba caliber and sure fire all stars, Batmans of the team, well Wade was Superman until injuries got the best of him but was still good at 70pct than most, Robins follow the big 3

Lebron goes back to Cavs with a big 3 in tow, both are even better equipped being younger and studs, Irving is Batman and so was Love for Minny, Robins follow the big 3

Now Lebron loses his Batman(or Superman depended on how you feel about Irving) and has a guy who was Batman and before last year was reduced to Robin role against Warriors who is waiting to come back from injury in Love, with a whole bunch of Robins, that is nothing to be afraid of

you would be kidding yourself to think Clarkson/Hood putting fear in any teams of the true contender list, Lebron is happy because he has patsys to brush his massive ego and tell him how much they idolize him, those others they got rid of could care less because they feel they are proven and have a point no matter how much Lebron can wield that power he has in the Land

G State would beat this team in a 3 game sweep because the Cavs would forfeit game 4, if Lebron was stressed out last year going into Finals with a big 3 and momentum then it has to be worse if he has to meet up with Warriors with just him and a bunch of Robins and a Batman(Love) who may or may not show up since he has been see saw at best against Dubs, better lately so I guess that is more of a positive to lean on

a big 2 is not being Warriors, in order for Rockets or OKC to beat Warriors it will be with a big 3, Gordon or Capela could take a big 3 spot or OKC has a legit big 3 though one is aged in Melo but still effective for what they need him to do and be, Minny would be the most dangerous up and coming team if Wiggins was really as good as TMac as some on here have tried to lay claim to, not even close, if Wiggins was TMac they would have the Warriors on high alert come playoff timeGood post sir, i think you have hit the nail on the head in this one. Irrational exuberance is a good way to describe the way the media responded to deadline day, IMO.

All signs point to a post 2017 rebuild including and perhaps most importantly IMO the fact that the brooklyn pick was not moved.

They rid themselves of bad fits/attitudes, which was important. They got some guys who can fill those roles, which was important as well. But they did not make any we are in this to win it all moves, nor did they bring in players with much in the way of upside.

prodigy
02-18-2018, 09:42 AM
But they did not make any we are in this to win it all moves

All the trades they made puts Cleveland in a much better place to contend for a title. The Warriors will be very tough to beat, Thats why Durant went there he wanted the easy way. Any team who faces them will have a huge hill to climb. But anything is possible. Cavs match up much better now though.

Jamiecballer
02-18-2018, 10:33 AM
All the trades they made puts Cleveland in a much better place to contend for a title. The Warriors will be very tough to beat, Thats why Durant went there he wanted the easy way. Any team who faces them will have a huge hill to climb. But anything is possible. Cavs match up much better now though.

i am not disagreeing with any of that but that isn't my point anyways. they are in a better position to content for a title for sure, because the dumpster fire of a situation that existed before had NO chance of contending for a title. i don't believe they were getting out of the first round with how bad they were playing for an extended period of time, and Ty Lue doesn't seem like the kind of guy who could have pulled that group together.

i guess what i am saying is i think they could have made most of those moves, potential all of those moves, and still brought in a star caliber player. i applaud them for boldly remaking the roster but i don't think they pushed their chips in and i think there is a reason for that.

Vee-Rex
02-18-2018, 11:38 AM
i am not disagreeing with any of that but that isn't my point anyways. they are in a better position to content for a title for sure, because the dumpster fire of a situation that existed before had NO chance of contending for a title. i don't believe they were getting out of the first round with how bad they were playing for an extended period of time, and Ty Lue doesn't seem like the kind of guy who could have pulled that group together.

i guess what i am saying is i think they could have made most of those moves, potential all of those moves, and still brought in a star caliber player. i applaud them for boldly remaking the roster but i don't think they pushed their chips in and i think there is a reason for that.

Sometimes it's best not to go all in yet. The market for real, allstar level players thay would help contend vs. GS was pretty dry. Throwing away the Nets pick for someone like DJ would've been a waste since it wouldn't budge the needle against the Warriors. Cavs would need a Davis/Leonard type of player and none were available. Koby Altman hinted that unless they could acquire a can't-miss player, it's not worth trading.

Besides, the Stepien rule prevented trading our 1st pick with the Nets pick. Best to upgrade the roster as done and save the Nets pick to make a splash next offseason (trade or draft).

Remember, the goal is to present a team that LeBron can build with and decide he wants to come back to. Having a huge asset up our sleeve to give us flexibility during an extremely important offseason is brilliant.

Jamiecballer
02-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Sometimes it's best not to go all in yet. The market for real, allstar level players thay would help contend vs. GS was pretty dry. Throwing away the Nets pick for someone like DJ would've been a waste since it wouldn't budge the needle against the Warriors. Cavs would need a Davis/Leonard type of player and none were available. Koby Altman hinted that unless they could acquire a can't-miss player, it's not worth trading.

Besides, the Stepien rule prevented trading our 1st pick with the Nets pick. Best to upgrade the roster as done and save the Nets pick to make a splash next offseason (trade or draft).

Remember, the goal is to present a team that LeBron can build with and decide he wants to come back to. Having a huge asset up our sleeve to give us flexibility during an extremely important offseason is brilliant.I dont know. I guess you banking on lebron waiting around to be sold on Cleveland's moves over the summer.

Whereas i sort of expect lebrons decision to stay or not has been made already. Hes smart enough to say 'this is my immediate future', is it good enough IMO. Which btw looks remarkably like the situation he left Cleveland for the first time.

And IMO its naive to think Lebron is going to give a crap about that draft pick. He's going to want to go somewhere with high end young talent in place. An incoming high lottery pick hasnt proven anything on an NBA court to earn the confidence of a premier free agent. Wiggins was a great example of this, not only in how he was swapped out for an established player like Love but for the fact that he was a highly touted 1st overall pick who has fallen way short of expectations.

I dont blame them for not going all-in because i believe they are preparing for him to leave and life must go on but not using that pick when it has "lebron" value seems like a clear signal of where its heading. I feel confident they know the time to impress Lebron is while you have him.

IKnowHoops
02-18-2018, 03:15 PM

Remember, the goal is to present a team that LeBron can build with and decide he wants to come back to. Having a huge asset up our sleeve to give us flexibility during an extremely important offseason is brilliant.

Agreed! Flexibility is also a very good thing to have to entice Bron to stay.

Vee-Rex
02-18-2018, 05:04 PM
I dont know. I guess you banking on lebron waiting around to be sold on Cleveland's moves over the summer.

Whereas i sort of expect lebrons decision to stay or not has been made already. Hes smart enough to say 'this is my immediate future', is it good enough IMO. Which btw looks remarkably like the situation he left Cleveland for the first time.

And IMO its naive to think Lebron is going to give a crap about that draft pick. He's going to want to go somewhere with high end young talent in place. An incoming high lottery pick hasnt proven anything on an NBA court to earn the confidence of a premier free agent. Wiggins was a great example of this, not only in how he was swapped out for an established player like Love but for the fact that he was a highly touted 1st overall pick who has fallen way short of expectations.

I dont blame them for not going all-in because i believe they are preparing for him to leave and life must go on but not using that pick when it has "lebron" value seems like a clear signal of where its heading. I feel confident they know the time to impress Lebron is while you have him.

Again, the Cavs can still go all-in before LeBron has a chance to leave. They could go crazy and pull a mega deal come draft time. Or maybe they don't.

The point is - they're not gonna go all-in when there wasn't anyone worth acquiring that could make them compete with GS. Why not wait and then see if something pops up later?

Your point is ONLY valid if they pass on acquiring Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, etc... because only a player of THEIR caliber gives the Cavs a chance vs. GS. But if none are available, who should they trade the pick for?

Please, enlighten me. All you've done is spout off what they should've done but fail to acknowledge what they should have gotten. As soon as you tell me that, you already know what my response is gonna be: 4 game sweep by GS in the finals.

THEN they'd watch LeBron walk away with no flexibility or way to improve.

The added flexibility now gives them a strong window to reach the finals again, AS WELL as potential trade pieces that could be packaged with the Nets pick to try to haul in one of those premier stars, should any become available. LeBron can't go anywhere until free agency starts, and by then the Cavs may have a better idea on what he's gonna decide to do and whether or not they can entice him to stay by trading the pick.

Chronz
02-18-2018, 06:09 PM
It's definitely not a sweep with dj in tow

Jamiecballer
02-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Again, the Cavs can still go all-in before LeBron has a chance to leave. They could go crazy and pull a mega deal come draft time. Or maybe they don't.

The point is - they're not gonna go all-in when there wasn't anyone worth acquiring that could make them compete with GS. Why not wait and then see if something pops up later?

Your point is ONLY valid if they pass on acquiring Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, etc... because only a player of THEIR caliber gives the Cavs a chance vs. GS. But if none are available, who should they trade the pick for?

Please, enlighten me. All you've done is spout off what they should've done but fail to acknowledge what they should have gotten. As soon as you tell me that, you already know what my response is gonna be: 4 game sweep by GS in the finals.

THEN they'd watch LeBron walk away with no flexibility or way to improve.

The added flexibility now gives them a strong window to reach the finals again, AS WELL as potential trade pieces that could be packaged with the Nets pick to try to haul in one of those premier stars, should any become available. LeBron can't go anywhere until free agency starts, and by then the Cavs may have a better idea on what he's gonna decide to do and whether or not they can entice him to stay by trading the pick.

i hate when fans do this - how the **** do i know who could have been available. there is a price for just about everyone as you well know. but the disconnect here is that you want me to tell you who the Cavs should have acquired to give them a chance to of beating the Warriors but there is none - haven't we spent the last few years lamenting how the Warriors are so far ahead of everyone else now that it's ruined the nba? the truth is you guys don't have the assets anymore to make any of those dream scenarios happen but as Chronz already mentioned you could have acquired someone like Jordan and then you at least have a chance if Lebron goes supernova like he did when you beat the warriors last time. the cavs shouldn't have won that series either, but Lebron enough help to make the impossible possible.

i mean maybe you are right that Lebron is going to wait to see what the Cavs are going to do in the summer but i don't think he's going to be like 'sure you guys didn't go all in during my last season but let me sit by the phone for the first part of the summer and see if you do something to put us back in the conversation'. i just don't see it. not with houston, los angeles and the 76ers presenting far more attractive opportunities.

Vee-Rex
02-18-2018, 07:58 PM
i hate when fans do this - how the **** do i know who could have been available. there is a price for just about everyone as you well know. but the disconnect here is that you want me to tell you who the Cavs should have acquired to give them a chance to of beating the Warriors but there is none - haven't we spent the last few years lamenting how the Warriors are so far ahead of everyone else now that it's ruined the nba? the truth is you guys don't have the assets anymore to make any of those dream scenarios happen but as Chronz already mentioned you could have acquired someone like Jordan and then you at least have a chance if Lebron goes supernova like he did when you beat the warriors last time. the cavs shouldn't have won that series either, but Lebron enough help to make the impossible possible.

i mean maybe you are right that Lebron is going to wait to see what the Cavs are going to do in the summer but i don't think he's going to be like 'sure you guys didn't go all in during my last season but let me sit by the phone for the first part of the summer and see if you do something to put us back in the conversation'. i just don't see it. not with houston, los angeles and the 76ers presenting far more attractive opportunities.

Chronz said it wouldn't be a sweep, not that the Cavs would have a chance. He's biased anyway because he wants the Nets pick for LAC badly. At BEST it would be a gentleman's sweep. Instead, we have an UPGRADED team along with this:

1. A top 15-20 player acquired through trade with the Nets pick in the offseason (hint: DJ isn't top 20) to improve the team AND try to convince LeBron to stay.

2. A potential franchise player in the draft if it looks like LeBron is walking.

You'd throw the above two scenarios away at a chance for a gentleman's sweep instead of a sweep? :laugh2:

Thank god you're not the GM of the Cavs.

Jamiecballer
02-18-2018, 10:23 PM
Chronz said it wouldn't be a sweep, not that the Cavs would have a chance. He's biased anyway because he wants the Nets pick for LAC badly. At BEST it would be a gentleman's sweep. Instead, we have an UPGRADED team along with this:

1. A top 15-20 player acquired through trade with the Nets pick in the offseason (hint: DJ isn't top 20) to improve the team AND try to convince LeBron to stay.

2. A potential franchise player in the draft if it looks like LeBron is walking.

You'd throw the above two scenarios away at a chance for a gentleman's sweep instead of a sweep? :laugh2:

Thank god you're not the GM of the Cavs.

Yes, i would. Because situation A is a pipe dream. You arent getting a top 20 player in the NBA with a single pick. And realistically your cap situation is so royally ****ed if James leaves there is very little chance of competing for a long long time. So why not give yourself a chance? Jordan isnt top 20 but hes probably at the top of the list of stars who can contribute their full skillset playing next to james. And you know that because all we keep hearing is how these marginal players are such an upgrade because of fit. Any team with James has a chance but your odds were considerably better with Jordan than without.

I'm curious who you think your gonna trade to make a deal for a superstar in the offseason? The lakers had trouble finding takers for clarkson. Ditto utah and hood. Nance? Hill? There just isnt enough there anymore imo ... face it, the end of the road is near.

Heediot
02-18-2018, 10:40 PM
The one significant reason that might make the Cavs move away or Bron leave is the luxury tax situation. If they want to remain an elite team they are going to have to shell out another hefty tax bill.

Vee-Rex
02-18-2018, 11:06 PM
Yes, i would. Because situation A is a pipe dream. You arent getting a top 20 player in the NBA with a single pick. And realistically your cap situation is so royally ****ed if James leaves there is very little chance of competing for a long long time. So why not give yourself a chance? Jordan isnt top 20 but hes probably at the top of the list of stars who can contribute their full skillset playing next to james. And you know that because all we keep hearing is how these marginal players are such an upgrade because of fit. Any team with James has a chance but your odds were considerably better with Jordan than without.

Maybe MJ decides to blow it up (he was entertaining the thought during the deadline) and give up Kemba Walker + Howard + Williams during the offseason. Maybe OKC gets smoked in the 1st round to the Spurs and George becomes available. Maybe Washington's well-known problems (it's pretty bad, I suggest you look it up) become much worse and they decide to part with John Wall or Bradley Beal. Maybe Portland fizzles and CJ McCollum becomes available in the offseason as they look to get a lottery pick in the draft (they're already discussing getting rid of him or Lillard). What about Memphis? Tons of speculation Gasol and Conley might not be there forever and that they could look to rebuild very soon.

It doesn't even have to be a SINGLE trade. The Nets pick could open the door for a 3-team trade that could give the Cavs any combination of the above-listed players.

There's a TON of scenarios and different situations that can play out, where holding the Nets pick could net a good player around draft time. Remember how everyone thought George was a cheap acquisition and people were shocked at how little OKC had to give up? Remember how everyone thought the Wolves fleeced the Bulls for Butler? Fact: You do not blow your load and go all in for a target that won't change the outcome of the for your team.

Even if you disagree 100% and want to make one of your guarantees that none of the above scenarios can play out, the Nets pick CAN STILL be high enough to snag a potential franchise player in a very loaded draft.

The Cavs would have been IDIOTS to trade the Nets pick for DJ. They made the right choice and held on to it.

Also, wtf are you talking about with the cap space being screwed up if LBJ leaves? Who the **** cares??? The cap situation is completely irrelevant to a rebuilding team. Smart rebuilding teams TAKE ON EXTRA CONTRACTS in order to accumulate draft picks and future assets. It's how the Cavs got Kyrie Irving - taking on Baron Davis's ridiculous contract for LAC's draft pick.

The more you argue you more ignorant you sound (and I mean that in the most polite way possible).

I'm curious who you think your gonna trade to make a deal for a superstar in the offseason? The lakers had trouble finding takers for clarkson. Ditto utah and hood. Nance? Hill? There just isnt enough there anymore imo ... face it, the end of the road is near.

LeBron is 33. Of course the end of the road is near. :laugh2:

Why on earth do you think the Cavs covet the Nets pick? It gives them a jumpstart on the future.

Honestly, your posts are telling me one of two things:

1. You have no idea how loaded this upcoming draft is. It's looking to be one of the most talent rich drafts in the last 10 years. Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, Young, Bamba, Porter, and even Sexton are guys that have potential to be superstars. The big men in this draft are looking great.

You don't just throw something like that away for what could be 3-month rental of DAJ.

2. You seriously think the Cavs have a chance with DAJ against GS.

You're delusional if it's #2.

Vee-Rex
02-18-2018, 11:23 PM
33.6ppg, 56.4%FG, 38.7%3pt, 12.0 Rebs, 10.0 Assists 63%TS

Know what those numbers are? That's what LeBron averaged in the finals last year. Only naive fools will argue and cling on to saying, "with lebron anything is possible you might win!"

How can he play better than that? And they still got the gentleman's sweep. That's WITH Klay Thompson having a horrible finals. That's WITH Kyrie Irving on the team.

Yet, a team minus Kyrie but with DAJ going against a Warriors team with a 2nd year of chemistry is supposed to have a chance? Y'all don't think before spewing that nonsense, man.

ewing
02-19-2018, 01:44 AM
33.6ppg, 56.4%FG, 38.7%3pt, 12.0 Rebs, 10.0 Assists 63%TS

Know what those numbers are? That's what LeBron averaged in the finals last year. Only naive fools will argue and cling on to saying, "with lebron anything is possible you might win!"

How can he play better than that? And they still got the gentleman's sweep. That's WITH Klay Thompson having a horrible finals. That's WITH Kyrie Irving on the team.

Yet, a team minus Kyrie but with DAJ going against a Warriors team with a 2nd year of chemistry is supposed to have a chance? Y'all don't think before spewing that nonsense, man.

What if you don't get the Warriors?

Vee-Rex
02-19-2018, 09:28 AM
What if you don't get the Warriors?

Doesn't really matter. Even if we pretend the Warriors lose (unlikely), whoever comes out the West would be superior to whoever comes out of the East.

DAJ can opt out of his contract. What if he doesn't get along with LeBron and decides he doesn't want to play with him? That could make him OR LeBron leave. What if the locker room problems remain (because the Cavs would still have IT since they wouldn't be able to trade their own 1st round pick in the Lakers deal due to the Stepien rule)? Isaiah Thomas would still be on the Cavs playing horrendously and causing locker room issues.

You get DAJ, you gotta keep Isaiah Thomas (I highly doubt anyone else would've taken him - Lakers only did it for their coveted cap space for next year's free agency). Then LeBron is REALLY gone.

ewing
02-19-2018, 10:34 AM
Doesn't really matter. Even if we pretend the Warriors lose (unlikely), whoever comes out the West would be superior to whoever comes out of the East.

DAJ can opt out of his contract. What if he doesn't get along with LeBron and decides he doesn't want to play with him? That could make him OR LeBron leave. What if the locker room problems remain (because the Cavs would still have IT since they wouldn't be able to trade their own 1st round pick in the Lakers deal due to the Stepien rule)? Isaiah Thomas would still be on the Cavs playing horrendously and causing locker room issues.

You get DAJ, you gotta keep Isaiah Thomas (I highly doubt anyone else would've taken him - Lakers only did it for their coveted cap space for next year's free agency). Then LeBron is REALLY gone.

I've never known IT to create major locker room issues before and he had been a consistent producer since he entered the league other then this small group of games since returning from an injury. I'm not saying the franchise didn't make the right decision (you are forced to do whatever makes Bron happy) but LeBron is baby that's why your team fell apart and this was necessary. Anyway, what I was really asking you is what if this team winds up going against Houston or OKC? Do you see them having a chance then?

Vee-Rex
02-19-2018, 10:51 AM
I've never known IT to create major locker room issues before and he had been a consistent producer since he entered the league other then this small group of games since returning from an injury. I'm not saying the franchise didn't make the right decision (you are forced to do whatever makes Bron happy) but LeBron is baby that's why your team fell apart and this was necessary. Anyway, what I was really asking you is what if this team winds up going against Houston or OKC? Do you see them having a chance then?

With DAJ and IT? No.

With the guys we have now? Yes, though a small chance.

I know you're a big IT fan but he's a bad player right now and I have doubts whether or not he'll ever come close to what he once was before.

Jamiecballer
02-19-2018, 11:55 AM
Maybe MJ decides to blow it up (he was entertaining the thought during the deadline) and give up Kemba Walker + Howard + Williams during the offseason. Maybe OKC gets smoked in the 1st round to the Spurs and George becomes available. Maybe Washington's well-known problems (it's pretty bad, I suggest you look it up) become much worse and they decide to part with John Wall or Bradley Beal. Maybe Portland fizzles and CJ McCollum becomes available in the offseason as they look to get a lottery pick in the draft (they're already discussing getting rid of him or Lillard). What about Memphis? Tons of speculation Gasol and Conley might not be there forever and that they could look to rebuild very soon.

It doesn't even have to be a SINGLE trade. The Nets pick could open the door for a 3-team trade that could give the Cavs any combination of the above-listed players.

There's a TON of scenarios and different situations that can play out, where holding the Nets pick could net a good player around draft time. Remember how everyone thought George was a cheap acquisition and people were shocked at how little OKC had to give up? Remember how everyone thought the Wolves fleeced the Bulls for Butler? Fact: You do not blow your load and go all in for a target that won't change the outcome of the for your team.

Even if you disagree 100% and want to make one of your guarantees that none of the above scenarios can play out, the Nets pick CAN STILL be high enough to snag a potential franchise player in a very loaded draft.

The Cavs would have been IDIOTS to trade the Nets pick for DJ. They made the right choice and held on to it.

Also, wtf are you talking about with the cap space being screwed up if LBJ leaves? Who the **** cares??? The cap situation is completely irrelevant to a rebuilding team. Smart rebuilding teams TAKE ON EXTRA CONTRACTS in order to accumulate draft picks and future assets. It's how the Cavs got Kyrie Irving - taking on Baron Davis's ridiculous contract for LAC's draft pick.

The more you argue you more ignorant you sound (and I mean that in the most polite way possible).

LeBron is 33. Of course the end of the road is near. :laugh2:

Why on earth do you think the Cavs covet the Nets pick? It gives them a jumpstart on the future.

Honestly, your posts are telling me one of two things:

1. You have no idea how loaded this upcoming draft is. It's looking to be one of the most talent rich drafts in the last 10 years. Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, Young, Bamba, Porter, and even Sexton are guys that have potential to be superstars. The big men in this draft are looking great.

You don't just throw something like that away for what could be 3-month rental of DAJ.

2. You seriously think the Cavs have a chance with DAJ against GS.

You're delusional if it's #2.I appreciate your point of view but i think you are definitely wearing your cav-colored glasses here.

All I'm saying is IMO you do everything you can during the season to keep Lebron James rather than keeping something in your back pocket for a scenario that may never present itself later.

Lebron may stay obviously, but everything from his actions - this past year and historically, in addition to what insiders are saying, suggests he needs to be given compelling basketball reasons to stay.

During the season you have the chance to create that, in the off-season you don't have that. Its a huge gamble as far as i am concerned.

Obviously one of the key points of disagreement besides you not liking the non-optimistic point of view is that i view the Cavs as being in for a really long road to rebuild post lebron, should he decide to leave. Im not a cap expert but i've heard similar points of view in several podcasts. Won't they still be well into the luxury tax if lebron leaves? That is tough situation to rebuild in.

The cap situation is relevant btw. If you are at the cap because you are paying mediocre players well more than they are worth you will be winning more games than a team that needs to rebuild any kind of contender wants to be winning. You cant absorb those contracts to get picks if you already have your own. You can thank Lebron fir that one.

ewing
02-19-2018, 12:06 PM
With DAJ and IT? No.

With the guys we have now? Yes, though a small chance.

I know you're a big IT fan but he's a bad player right now and I have doubts whether or not he'll ever come close to what he once was before.

I know he is bad player right now but fact is LeBron couldn't co-exist with him or Kyrie. Other teams don't seem to have a problem. This happens every year with his teams. This is year was just worse. Saying anyone else is the cause of locker room issues in Clev is naive at best.

Vee-Rex
02-19-2018, 01:38 PM
I appreciate your point of view but i think you are definitely wearing your cav-colored glasses here.

All I'm saying is IMO you do everything you can during the season to keep Lebron James rather than keeping something in your back pocket for a scenario that may never present itself later.

Lebron may stay obviously, but everything from his actions - this past year and historically, in addition to what insiders are saying, suggests he needs to be given compelling basketball reasons to stay.

During the season you have the chance to create that, in the off-season you don't have that. Its a huge gamble as far as i am concerned.

Obviously one of the key points of disagreement besides you not liking the non-optimistic point of view is that i view the Cavs as being in for a really long road to rebuild post lebron, should he decide to leave. Im not a cap expert but i've heard similar points of view in several podcasts. Won't they still be well into the luxury tax if lebron leaves? That is tough situation to rebuild in.

The cap situation is relevant btw. If you are at the cap because you are paying mediocre players well more than they are worth you will be winning more games than a team that needs to rebuild any kind of contender wants to be winning. You cant absorb those contracts to get picks if you already have your own. You can thank Lebron fir that one.

I would agree with your POV if the Cavs made 0 moves at the deadline. But they completely overhauled the team. That may not mean much to you as a Raps fan with the #1 seed, but your biggest competition in the East made MASSIVE changes. It's a completely different team and one you should be worried about.

LeBron has already made several comments about how he likes the moves. He and JR are on record for saying, "NOW we got a ****ing team!!"

You are devaluing flexibility big time. The front office needs to do more than just go all in, it needs to make the RIGHT moves.

We went all in for LeBron's final year in his first stint and he STILL left. If you think LeBron is more likely to stay just because we push GS to 5 games instead of getting swept, I don't know what to say.

National media is praising the Cavs for making enormous positive roster changes while maintaining the Nets asset.

The cap situation IS irrelevant for rebuilding. Kevin Love is a tradable asset. The rest of our major contracts are tied to players who won't be winning games (TT, JR).

The only contract other than those that matter is George Hill's. But after the 2018-19 season we can cut him for only one million.

So unless you think George Hill is gonna ruin the tank next year (if LeBron leaves), then it is irrelevant. But guess what? Cavs don't have their 2019 1st round pick anyway (traded in the Korver deal). So if George Hill leads the Lebron-less Cavs out of the lottery, it won't matter: WE DON'T OWN THE 2019 PICK ANYWAY.

JR comes off the books following that year and TT becomes an attractive expiring.

So you are 100% wrong on the Cavs contracts hurting their ability to rebuild. The fact that LeBron can leave and we would not own our 2019 draft pick (Hawks are certainly hoping LBJ leaves) highlights just how important the Nets pick is for a rebuild.

Fans of teams outside Cleveland probably won't get it, since they've never had a player of LeBron's caliber walk in free agency before.

Vee-Rex
02-19-2018, 01:41 PM
I know he is bad player right now but fact is LeBron couldn't co-exist with him or Kyrie. Other teams don't seem to have a problem. This happens every year with his teams. This is year was just worse. Saying anyone else is the cause of locker room issues in Clev is naive at best.

IT caused problems in the locker room. He picked on Love. He threw the coach under the bus to the media. He lamented how things were different in Boston.

I don't care how right he is or how difficult LeBron can be: He Caused Issues.

You cannot deny that fact.

Tg11
02-19-2018, 02:13 PM
IT caused problems but it was because he wanted to be the clear #1 guy

ewing
02-19-2018, 07:10 PM
IT caused problems in the locker room. He picked on Love. He threw the coach under the bus to the media. He lamented how things were different in Boston.

I don't care how right he is or how difficult LeBron can be: He Caused Issues.

You cannot deny that fact.

Naive at best

IKnowHoops
02-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Who cares what the rebuild process is after 4 straight trips and poss two rings. That kind of success doesnít happen.

Vee-Rex
02-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Naive at best

Just when I think you've turned the corner, you let me down, bro. :(

ewing
02-19-2018, 08:27 PM
Just when I think you've turned the corner, you let me down, bro. :(

you know where the root of the teams dysfunction was. If you want to pretend its was elsewhere so itís easier to root for that clown go ahead

Vee-Rex
02-19-2018, 09:20 PM
you know where the root of the teams dysfunction was. If you want to pretend its was elsewhere so itís easier to root for that clown go ahead

Don't try to act like I'm arguing from bias when you're one of the most biased posters here.

You're one of the most blatantly biased LeBron-haters on here. You're also an enormous IT sympathizer, going so far as to call him a top 3 player in the league last year. :laugh2:

You're not fooling anyone with that nonsense.

ewing
02-19-2018, 11:25 PM
Don't try to act like I'm arguing from bias when you're one of the most biased posters here.

You're one of the most blatantly biased LeBron-haters on here. You're also an enormous IT sympathizer, going so far as to call him a top 3 player in the league last year. :laugh2:

You're not fooling anyone with that nonsense.

I'm not trying to fool anyone. Any other franchise player would have been able to deal with IT's ****** 12 games and would have worked with him to find a balance. .LeBron chased away the a prefect complimentary in Ivring, he chased away a guy that scored 29 a game last year on elite efficiency after less then 20 games. He got a coached fired when his team was the one seed in the conference. He whines that his teams don't have enough play makers and can't play with one. He never stops throwing his teammates under the bus and fanning rumors of him going elsewhere. He's a drama queen and can't last anywhere or with anyone long term. Pretending he was not and hasn't alway been the root of the team's dysfunction is foolish.

IKnowHoops
02-20-2018, 02:12 AM

Your pretty dense when it comes to Bron, or you just want to hate

Let me break it down for you

Bron tried with the first team they won 20 games in a row

They played GSW and got beat and a Bron with his b ball IQ knows from that meeting they have no chance against GSW and knows a change must be made.

Remember, James has been to 7 straight finals, that is his only goal, and has no time or patience for anyone whoís goal is not that and doesnít put the work in to get there.

He quit on the team until changes were made because it was a pointless season and Bron donít lay pointless seasons.

Finally Cavs made a winnng move, Bron sees that they have a chance and heís got reinvigorated player with drive and a want to win period and do whatever Bron says and follow his lead, because he knows what he is doing, but he needs athletes that buy in and sell out.

In the end itís the turmoil necessary to get ish done to get change and to get the opportunity for Lebron and Cleveland to compete yet again. Rather have him cry and moan to affect change then to just st play through a pointless NY knick like season...and just to speak to the difference in expectations Bron has and the expectations of the Knicks franchise...For Bron, playing a season where there is zero chance in the finals bothers him more than being perennial losers bothers the Knicks. You know this, you canít stand that this is your reality, and you have just chosen to take the low road and cry about it.

Your just mad you donít have a bomb athlete on your knicks who will yell at the front office and force them to compete for a ring every single year.

You wish you had that and you donít so youíre mad at it.

IKnowHoops
02-20-2018, 02:15 AM
I'm not trying to fool anyone. Any other franchise player would have been able to deal with IT's ****** 12 games and would have worked with him to find a balance. .LeBron chased away the a prefect complimentary in Ivring, he chased away a guy that scored 29 a game last year on elite efficiency after less then 20 games. He got a coached fired when his team was the one seed in the conference. He whines that his teams don't have enough play makers and can't play with one. He never stops throwing his teammates under the bus and fanning rumors of him going elsewhere. He's a drama queen and can't last anywhere or with anyone long term. Pretending he was not and hasn't alway been the root of the team's dysfunction is foolish.

And all that terrible stuff = 7 straight finals.

As I said everyone who is a fan of Cleveland and Bron is happy with the team and happy with Lebron. You are the enemy and youíre not happy. Mission fóóó accomplished bóó-!😂

Sssmush
02-20-2018, 03:19 AM

let's not forget it's Kyrie who just randomly decided to leave a championship caliber team in the Finals three years in a row and couldn't/wouldn't explain himself just f'd over the cleveland fans and talked nonsense about flat earth etc

how this narrative of blaming Lebron for Kyrie being Kyrie started I don't know, but Kyrie on Boston obviously he's a nice player but looked much much better in cleveland and Boston in the playoffs *meh* refs give them a few games because they are a big narrative team but let's be honest they suck

ewing
02-20-2018, 07:42 AM

They played GSW and got beat and a Bron with his b ball IQ knows from that meeting they have no chance against GSW and knows a change must be made.

Remember, James has been to 7 straight finals, that is his only goal, and has no time or patience for anyone whoís goal is not that and doesnít put the work in to get there.

He quit on the team until changes were made because it was a pointless season and Bron donít lay pointless seasons.

Finally Cavs made a winnng move, Bron sees that they have a chance and heís got reinvigorated player with drive and a want to win period and do whatever Bron says and follow his lead, because he knows what he is doing, but he needs athletes that buy in and sell out.

In the end itís the turmoil necessary to get ish done to get change and to get the opportunity for Lebron and Cleveland to compete yet again. Rather have him cry and moan to affect change then to just st play through a pointless NY knick like season...and just to speak to the difference in expectations Bron has and the expectations of the Knicks franchise...For Bron, playing a season where there is zero chance in the finals bothers him more than being perennial losers bothers the Knicks. You know this, you canít stand that this is your reality, and you have just chosen to take the low road and cry about it.

Your just mad you donít have a bomb athlete on your knicks who will yell at the front office and force them to compete for a ring every single year.

At least you are honest. When LeBron doesnít like the way things are going he quits on his squad, throws everyone under the bus etc

Jamiecballer
02-20-2018, 10:08 AM
Who cares what the rebuild process is after 4 straight trips and poss two rings. That kind of success doesnít happen.Thats short sighted. I'd kill to have what you guys have had, without question. but I was 14 years old when my Jays won their second of back-to-back world series and the next twenty years still werent particularly enjoyable. You should shoot for both not one or the other trust me.

Cal827
02-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Bucks knock out Cavs in first round.

Pfeifer
02-20-2018, 11:04 AM

So basically your saying Lebron is allowed to quit on his team because he will only play on winning teams. Thats a great teammate. He may be the best player in the NBA but he a piss poor teammate and a baby. Imagine if this was Durant.

prodigy
02-21-2018, 12:05 PM
I dont know. I guess you banking on lebron waiting around to be sold on Cleveland's moves over the summer.

Whereas i sort of expect lebrons decision to stay or not has been made already. Hes smart enough to say 'this is my immediate future', is it good enough IMO.

you clearly have no idea who lebron is lol. He will drag his "decision" out for a long time. Cavs and any other team will have plenty of time to make their pitches. Lebron said nobody not even his own family or himself has any idea what gonna happen. I do believe him.

This team is much better then the one he left the first time. its not even close. The first team what full of crappy old guys on borderline retirement. This team now have a bunch of younger guys entering their primes and a Sweet nets pick.

IKnowHoops
02-21-2018, 12:35 PM
At least you are honest. When LeBron doesnít like the way things are going he quits on his squad, throws everyone under the bus etc

Yeah it was a smart move by Bron. The team was filled with old guys who were playing for contracts. That was his only move. Great move!!!!

IKnowHoops
02-21-2018, 12:37 PM
Thats short sighted. I'd kill to have what you guys have had, without question. but I was 14 years old when my Jays won their second of back-to-back world series and the next twenty years still werent particularly enjoyable. You should shoot for both not one or the other trust me.

Iím a Twins fan. If your not LA or Clev, you take one or the other. I donít see Pop or Belichick around.

IKnowHoops
02-21-2018, 12:41 PM
So basically your saying Lebron is allowed to quit on his team because he will only play on winning teams. Thats a great teammate. He may be the best player in the NBA but he a piss poor teammate and a baby. Imagine if this was Durant.

When they arenít playing to win yes! He can quit to get the front office to do something before the trade deadline, but then he has to get to the finals so if you got a player than can decide to take your team to the finals, he can play when he wants to. Itís his legacy on the line. I trust Lebron to go 110% when I need it. Front office gotta do there job though.

KnicksorBust
02-21-2018, 12:50 PM

Pretty good player though.

KnicksorBust
02-21-2018, 12:51 PM
When they arenít playing to win yes! He can quit to get the front office to do something before the trade deadline, but then he has to get to the finals so if you got a player than can decide to take your team to the finals, he can play when he wants to. Itís his legacy on the line. I trust Lebron to go 110% when I need it. Front office gotta do there job though.

And your signature for the next year. ;)

ewing
02-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Pretty good player though.

No doubt.

Jamiecballer
02-21-2018, 05:49 PM
you clearly have no idea who lebron is lol. He will drag his "decision" out for a long time. Cavs and any other team will have plenty of time to make their pitches. Lebron said nobody not even his own family or himself has any idea what gonna happen. I do believe him.

This team is much better then the one he left the first time. its not even close. The first team what full of crappy old guys on borderline retirement. This team now have a bunch of younger guys entering their primes and a Sweet nets pick.

that's true, i haven't really spent much time around Lebron so i think it's fair to say neither one of us knows Lebron. he's uber-smart. in my opinion he knows whether Cleveland has done enough to make him commit long term but for obvious reasons he isn't going to go around declaring it.

prodigy
02-22-2018, 10:28 AM
that's true, i haven't really spent much time around Lebron so i think it's fair to say neither one of us knows Lebron.

I've been a cavs fan for 29 years. I've knows about Lebron for about 19 of those years lol. Yes i don't know him personally but i know how he operates. I mean its really not rocket science. The man loves attention.

he's uber-smart. in my opinion he knows whether Cleveland has done enough to make him commit long term but for obvious reasons he isn't going to go around declaring it.

Which is where Lebron hurts himself. Because with the lack of commitment he hurts the cavs from performing bigger trades or signing better players. On the court, Charities, his opinions outside of the game lebron is brilliant i have a lot of respect for him. But his idea of not Committing to the team he's on to force them to improve i feel is beyond dumb.

nastynice
02-22-2018, 01:10 PM
I love these moves Cleveland made mostly because if they make the finals and the warriors do too, people are gonna think the cavs have a chance, just like last year, and the ****s gonna be hella funny to watch, just like last year

Vee-Rex
02-22-2018, 03:03 PM
I love these moves Cleveland made mostly because if they make the finals and the warriors do too, people are gonna think the cavs have a chance, just like last year, and the ****s gonna be hella funny to watch, just like last year

People are speculating that the Cavs have an easier shot at making the finals than the Warriors. Your Olympic/GOAT/Dynasty team could be rather short-lived. I'd find that hella funny myself.

:shrug:

nastynice
02-22-2018, 03:56 PM
People are speculating that the Cavs have an easier shot at making the finals than the Warriors. Your Olympic/GOAT/Dynasty team could be rather short-lived. I'd find that hella funny myself.

:shrug:

Of course the cavs have an easier path, they're in the east.

Heediot
02-22-2018, 07:30 PM
I think only 10 percent of people REALLY gave Cleveland a chance last year in the finals. The rest just lied due to their hatred of the Warriors, or their homerism of the Cavs.

Jamiecballer
02-23-2018, 11:42 AM
How about now? How many people really give them a chance this year? I'm curious.

Jamiecballer
02-23-2018, 11:48 AM
I still feel the same. I think they'll come out of the East but get destroyed by the West winner.That is the likeliest scenario in my opinion too

Vee-Rex
02-23-2018, 11:50 AM
How about now? How many people really give them a chance this year? I'm curious.

I still feel the same. I think they'll come out of the East but get destroyed by the West winner.

prodigy
02-24-2018, 11:22 AM

Lets hope whoever makes it from the east and west puts on a great show. The worse thing is for one team to destroy the other. That's bad for basketball.

Any team in the finals has a chance to win. cavs came back from 3-1 against the best regular season team in NBA history. Anything is possible.

nastynice
02-24-2018, 12:38 PM
Lets hope whoever makes it from the east and west puts on a great show. The worse thing is for one team to destroy the other. That's bad for basketball.

Any team in the finals has a chance to win. cavs came back from 3-1 against the best regular season team in NBA history. Anything is possible.

Yea, usually I agree, but if it happens to be the warriors and cavs in the finals again then we need to see a sweep, cuz we were supposed to get it last year but weren't able to. Any other teams, I want to see something a little closer, but cavs warriors specifically I want a sweep and just get the **** over

Chronz
02-24-2018, 01:08 PM
Yea, usually I agree, but if it happens to be the warriors and cavs in the finals again then we need to see a sweep, cuz we were supposed to get it last year but weren't able to. Any other teams, I want to see something a little closer, but cavs warriors specifically I want a sweep and just get the **** over

How come?

nastynice
02-24-2018, 01:21 PM
How come?

I just said, cuz we were supposed to sweep last year but didn't

prodigy
02-24-2018, 01:35 PM

I hope you seek more for urself. Remember its just sports.

prodigy
02-24-2018, 01:36 PM

You guys were suppose to lose to spurs before that dirty cheap shot. So hopefully Warriors lose this season. :clap:

nastynice
02-24-2018, 01:36 PM
I hope you seek more for urself. Remember its just sports.

I'm not sure what this means, haha

nastynice
02-24-2018, 01:37 PM
You guys were suppose to lose to spurs before that dirty cheap shot. So hopefully Warriors lose this season. :clap:

We were supposed to lose to the spurs?

Did you have money on that? If so, ballsy..

prodigy
02-24-2018, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure what this means, haha

Everything you been saying in this thread in others shows a massive hatred for the cavs that is borderline unhealthy. Seems like you seek more pressure in that then most sports fans to the point where im not sure you have much going for you outside of the warriors. They are ur one bright spot.

Im a Cleveland sports fan. I love my teams, i enjoy cheering for them win or lose. I'll always be a Cleveland sports fan. But win or lose ill have the same enjoyable life lol. sports is just a small cherry on top. So i hope you seek more out of life then just praying for ur team to destroy and sweep the cavs.

Chronz
02-24-2018, 02:08 PM
So would you rather sweep the Cavs even if it meant you faced a game 7 in every series. I'm not seeing why sweeps should just happen as a reason, why tho

nastynice
02-24-2018, 02:18 PM
Everything you been saying in this thread in others shows a massive hatred for the cavs that is borderline unhealthy. Seems like you seek more pressure in that then most sports fans to the point where im not sure you have much going for you outside of the warriors. They are ur one bright spot.

Im a Cleveland sports fan. I love my teams, i enjoy cheering for them win or lose. I'll always be a Cleveland sports fan. But win or lose ill have the same enjoyable life lol. sports is just a small cherry on top. So i hope you seek more out of life then just praying for ur team to destroy and sweep the cavs.

Na, raiders and sharks are both cool, sharks stay giving me playoff games

I don't hate the cavs, I just fire back on these boards. I stay defending LeBron (especially in the LeBron vs Jordan debate) , lol, just not on a board full of warriors haters. There's no need to

Me wanting to sweep the cavs is strictly business. No emotion, strictly numbers. Pay off last year's debt, that's it :)

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 03:17 PM

I give them a great shot

IKnowHoops
02-24-2018, 03:18 PM

Would love to see a Bron sweep GS and cement himself as the GOAT

prodigy
02-25-2018, 10:23 AM
Would love to see a Bron sweep GS and cement himself as the GOAT

that i can get behind.

nastynice
02-25-2018, 04:32 PM
Haha, me too!

For some reason it's way more enjoyable when other fans go into it thinking they have some sort of shot

That's why I hope Houston gets the one seed, it's gonna give them hope 😂😂

Jamiecballer
02-26-2018, 12:31 PM
over/under on games until we hear that from Rodney Hood or his camp that he is not happy. young guy has lots to lose if his production continues to be this spotty

Vee-Rex
02-26-2018, 01:09 PM
over/under on games until we hear that from Rodney Hood or his camp that he is not happy. young guy has lots to lose if his production continues to be this spotty

I'm hoping before that happens Lue does the right thing and bench JR. He's just atrocious on defense.

I'm fine with our starters right now except for JR and Cedi. I prefer Cedi over JR, but I imagine Lue might bench Cedi and insert Hood. At that point, I'm willing to bet whoever plays best between he and JR will keep the starting spot when Love returns.

Chronz
02-26-2018, 05:19 PM
Things will improve unless lue is an idiot but even if it don't, any complaint would ring hollow. It would be sad if playing 3 less minutes per game, with greater efficiency on a better team would somehow devalue you from the team you were on prior.

I think the days of fooling the market by suppressing superficial averages are over. More and more teams value per minute and per possession data above raw averages.

But yeah, he should be playing more, I'm guessing they're holding out for chemistry reasons

IKnowHoops
02-26-2018, 10:07 PM
I'm hoping before that happens Lue does the right thing and bench JR. He's just atrocious on defense.

I'm fine with our starters right now except for JR and Cedi. I prefer Cedi over JR, but I imagine Lue might bench Cedi and insert Hood. At that point, I'm willing to bet whoever plays best between he and JR will keep the starting spot when Love returns.

Agreed. Iíd def start hood.

JasonJohnHorn
02-26-2018, 11:58 PM
They lose to Boston in 7 after the officials rooster block the Cavs; LBJ let's team know he wants to go to the Spurs. Spurs trade Leonard for LBJ.

Duncan comes out of retirement, wins sixth title with LBJ. LBJ gets MVP; TD gets 6th man, Murray gets MIP, and Pop get COY.

IKnowHoops
02-27-2018, 01:04 AM
They lose to Boston in 7 after the officials rooster block the Cavs; LBJ let's team know he wants to go to the Spurs. Spurs trade Leonard for LBJ.

Duncan comes out of retirement, wins sixth title with LBJ. LBJ gets MVP; TD gets 6th man, Murray gets MIP, and Pop get COY.

Agreed

tredigs
02-27-2018, 01:14 AM
Cavs have a chance now. Not that they're close to as good as Golden State or Houston if played straight up, but because the East is the East and the blood bath that those two will have after the WCF's might leave them vulnerable. If either get an injury to CP3/Curry/KD/Harden it's wide open.

ewing
02-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Cavs have a chance now. Not that they're close to as good as Golden State or Houston if played straight up, but because the East is the East and the blood bath that those two will have after the WCF's might leave them vulnerable. If either get an injury to CP3/Curry/KD/Harden it's wide open.

I don't think either team will face a challenge until the WCFs. How is that a bloodbath?

Scoots
02-27-2018, 10:35 AM
I don't think either team will face a challenge until the WCFs. How is that a bloodbath?

The Thunder, Spurs, Pelicans, Nuggets, Blazers all pose match up issues even if they are not the best teams.

Vee-Rex
02-27-2018, 11:41 AM
Cavs have a chance now. Not that they're close to as good as Golden State or Houston if played straight up, but because the East is the East and the blood bath that those two will have after the WCF's might leave them vulnerable. If either get an injury to CP3/Curry/Harden it's wide open.

fixed that for you

Vee-Rex
02-27-2018, 11:43 AM
The Thunder, Spurs, Pelicans, Nuggets, Blazers all pose match up issues even if they are not the best teams.

If those teams pose match-up issues for the Warriors/Rockets then surely the Celtics, Raptors, Wizards, and Bucks will pose match-up issues for the Cavs.

ewing
02-27-2018, 12:16 PM

No they donít

TheDish87
02-27-2018, 01:58 PM
Cavs cant stop a nosebleed, everyone is a threat to them

europagnpilgrim
02-27-2018, 03:28 PM

Unless you count a 4 game true sweep or 5 game gentleman as a match up issue then I would have to guess that you feel like every one of those games will come down to the final shot/possession, then that would be somewhat of a match up issue, which I don't see at all from a Warriors perspective with them pounding those teams for the most part, Nuggets give them the most issues and it would have been Pels if not for Cousins injury, they literally toy with those teams and you would know firsthand being a warriors follower through the past 3 post seasons

only matchup worth watching against the Warriors are the Rockets and that's because they have the ability to get stupid hot from range and getting buckets in general and they have 4 guys they can tote out there who can get rugged on the def. end, 5 or 6 if you count Nene/Capela, that's what you need to cause issues for Warriors, a 3pt barrage with capable defenders, nobody is going to shut down KD or Curry in a 7 game series but having defenders capable of doing the dirty work sure does help

europagnpilgrim
02-27-2018, 03:40 PM

Exactly, they just poured salt in the woun(gaining young players preparing for Lebron departure) instead of cutting the arm off completely(keeping the roster intact)

Lebron knows he wont win with either crew he had but at least the youth can keep up but they are not all nba caliber like a young Wade/Rose were or ever had a season like IT had with Celtics, Clarkson/Hood/Nance are serviceable nba players who can have moments here and there but nothing like what is needed when the chips are down and you can give any one of those players and say go get 28ppg against the Warriors or Celtics or whoever else out West in the top 3, when Lebron has a player capable of going off for 30ppg to match his and another Love/Bosh who can get 15-20ppg in that system(more outside as they proved prior to joining Lebron) then its damn near impossible to beat him, see Warriors getting KD after 16' choke job, they had to get KD because Lebron was a problem and his only seen equal of this time and era besides Wade was KD, Melo was earlier with Nuggs but injury has done him in as with Wade but the Cavs only have Lebron and Love now who is the 2nd option getting 18ppg or so, and he is not capable of going off for 28ppg against the Warriors for a whole series, maybe a surprise breakout game but not like Irving, that's what Lebron will miss sorely come postseason

that's what I was trying to explain earlier about this crew/Lebron are putting people on notice after they came out storming first couple games, it almost feels like the B Griffin trade, win first couple and then start trending in the wrong direction

Lebron has the best of both worlds in the nba, he is the executor of the Cavs and he is a soon to be free agent who can pick his own team outright or force a CP3 opt in and get what you can get from team x

I hope all you Lebron fanatics caught that Bron/KD commercial and at the end KD asked Lebron what move or what are they going to do next, that sounds a lot like the Wade/Bosh/Bron thing that was said to have been pre planned, KD and Bron to where? the Nets? Lakers? Spurs? Rockets? Sixers?

I hope KD/Bron do go to Nets or Kings just to see the reaction from that fanbase and opposing teams, would be such a classical comedy on both sides of the coin

IKnowHoops
02-28-2018, 02:38 AM
Exactly, they just poured salt in the woun(gaining young players preparing for Lebron departure) instead of cutting the arm off completely(keeping the roster intact)

Lebron knows he wont win with either crew he had but at least the youth can keep up but they are not all nba caliber like a young Wade/Rose were or ever had a season like IT had with Celtics, Clarkson/Hood/Nance are serviceable nba players who can have moments here and there but nothing like what is needed when the chips are down and you can give any one of those players and say go get 28ppg against the Warriors or Celtics or whoever else out West in the top 3, when Lebron has a player capable of going off for 30ppg to match his and another Love/Bosh who can get 15-20ppg in that system(more outside as they proved prior to joining Lebron) then its damn near impossible to beat him, see Warriors getting KD after 16' choke job, they had to get KD because Lebron was a problem and his only seen equal of this time and era besides Wade was KD, Melo was earlier with Nuggs but injury has done him in as with Wade but the Cavs only have Lebron and Love now who is the 2nd option getting 18ppg or so, and he is not capable of going off for 28ppg against the Warriors for a whole series, maybe a surprise breakout game but not like Irving, that's what Lebron will miss sorely come postseason

that's what I was trying to explain earlier about this crew/Lebron are putting people on notice after they came out storming first couple games, it almost feels like the B Griffin trade, win first couple and then start trending in the wrong direction

Lebron has the best of both worlds in the nba, he is the executor of the Cavs and he is a soon to be free agent who can pick his own team outright or force a CP3 opt in and get what you can get from team x

I hope all you Lebron fanatics caught that Bron/KD commercial and at the end KD asked Lebron what move or what are they going to do next, that sounds a lot like the Wade/Bosh/Bron thing that was said to have been pre planned, KD and Bron to where? the Nets? Lakers? Spurs? Rockets? Sixers?

I hope KD/Bron do go to Nets or Kings just to see the reaction from that fanbase and opposing teams, would be such a classical comedy on both sides of the coin

Iíd love a thread on this but Biased Scoots will just lock it up as he locks up all thing GSW that displeases him.

prodigy
02-28-2018, 09:47 AM

its basketball, any team that makes it to the finals are good, not sure why that even has to be mentioned. I get we have insane homers who ride up and down on their teams and thats fine.

Even if you look at last seasons finals, Cavs were clearly out matched. BUT cavs also blew a decent lead late in game 3 at home. If they held on its a 2-2 series going back to GS. Game 5 cavs had a chance to win also but Durant had a nice shot late in the game. Cavs would have a real good shot at winning game 6 in Cleveland. So now here we are again, game 7 in GS lol.

My point is we are dealing with the best players in the world. Any team that makes the finals has a shot.

prodigy
02-28-2018, 09:50 AM

If Lebron did leave i would be cool with him going to a team like the nets or kings. Bring winning back to those franchises would be better then Jumping on Hardens team.

prodigy
02-28-2018, 09:55 AM

well they are still winning and thats all that matters. we all know playoffs are a different breed. Until proven otherwise i expect Cavs to do what they do.

nastynice
02-28-2018, 12:27 PM
Even if you look at last seasons finals, Cavs were clearly out matched. BUT cavs also blew a decent lead late in game 3 at home. If they held on its a 2-2 series going back to GS. Game 5 cavs had a chance to win also but Durant had a nice shot late in the game. Cavs would have a real good shot at winning game 6 in Cleveland. So now here we are again, game 7 in GS lol.

Haha, bro! It don't work like that!!

TheDish87
02-28-2018, 12:43 PM
well they are still winning and thats all that matters. we all know playoffs are a different breed. Until proven otherwise i expect Cavs to do what they do.

playoffs are a different beast and Hood, Clarkson, Nance have no experience. I have no idea if Love is expected back? if not thats gonna be a major blow this this current roster. This is by far the worst Cavs team since James returned.

prodigy
02-28-2018, 02:14 PM
playoffs are a different beast and Hood, Clarkson, Nance have no experience. I have no idea if Love is expected back? if not thats gonna be a major blow this this current roster. This is by far the worst Cavs team since James returned.

hood does. Experience is nice but talent helps also lol. Love will def be back. prob another 3 weeks. its also just a hand so im sure he's been running and everything. But once again i never said cavs could beat GS. Durant went there for a reason, it was the easy way to get ships. That team will be very hard for anyone to take down. My point was anyone who makes the finals has a shot.

prodigy
02-28-2018, 02:16 PM
Haha, bro! It don't work like that!!

? never said it did lol. But the point is clear. Games are determined by a few baskets one way or another. AS mighty as the Warriors are, They are beatable.

nastynice
02-28-2018, 05:25 PM
? never said it did lol. But the point is clear. Games are determined by a few baskets one way or another. AS mighty as the Warriors are, They are beatable.

Yea every team is, but you made it seem like the Warriors barely escaped doom last year!

prodigy
03-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Yea every team is, but you made it seem like the Warriors barely escaped doom last year!

No i didn't. My point was clear. You just didn't like the fact i said someone could complete with ur mighty Warriors. BTW- Not sure why ur even thinking about the Cavs. Warriors and fans 100% focus should be on Rockets.

Scoots
03-01-2018, 11:06 AM
No i didn't. My point was clear. You just didn't like the fact i said someone could complete with ur mighty Warriors. BTW- Not sure why ur even thinking about the Cavs. Warriors and fans 100% focus should be on Rockets.

What I find funny about this stuff is I've been saying the Warriors are beatable all year and nobody seems to argue harder against that than Rockets fans (not all of them).

nastynice
03-01-2018, 12:08 PM

You just laid out a game 7 scenario. That series was nowhere near a game 7.

prodigy
03-01-2018, 02:22 PM
You just laid out a game 7 scenario. That series was nowhere near a game 7.

u only heard what u wanted to hear. If Cavs held onto their lead in game 3 its def a 6 game series. That's my point, Even less talented teams have a chance to win. So to write off any team that's in the finals is a huge mistake.

nastynice
03-01-2018, 03:08 PM
u only heard what u wanted to hear. If Cavs held onto their lead in game 3 its def a 6 game series. That's my point, Even less talented teams have a chance to win. So to write off any team that's in the finals is a huge mistake.

If Cavs win game 3 they get smoked game 4. So it's def still a 5 game series

Also, if Dubs win game 4 it's a sweep

Makes no diff, that series wasn't close

Vee-Rex
03-01-2018, 03:40 PM
If Cavs win game 3 they get smoked game 4. So it's def still a 5 game series

What makes you say this?

nastynice
03-01-2018, 04:04 PM
What makes you say this?

Same thing that makes prodigy say if Cavs pull off game 3 we're probably looking at a game 7

Na, seriously tho, warriors basically dictated that whole series. I won't say there was no competition, but at no point in time did it feel like we're not in the driver's seat

My last post I said it with that tone, as tho it's a fact, but that was just me doing the same as him. I do believe it tho, just not as casually as I stated it

IKnowHoops
03-01-2018, 05:41 PM

For him, if you praise your own team, you just hated on his

Jamiecballer
03-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Can we all just agree that the first line in the OP of this thread appears laughable at this point in time

nastynice
03-01-2018, 07:21 PM
For him, if you praise your own team, you just hated on his

Prodigy not a hater, you definitely are tho, haha, I love this new non Dubs hater personality you tryina employ

Prodigy just got too much wishful thinking regarding last year's final. I said it right before the playoffs and again before the cavs series, Dubs gonna steam roll it. I mentioned putting a bet on the 16-0 in year 2,not year 1, I was almost proved wrong. There was nothing close about any of our series last year.

prodigy
03-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Prodigy just got too much wishful thinking regarding last year's final. I said it right before the playoffs and again before the cavs series, Dubs gonna steam roll it. I mentioned putting a bet on the 16-0 in year 2,not year 1, I was almost proved wrong. There was nothing close about any of our series last year.

As i mentioned many times, Durant joined the Warriors because he wanted an easy way to win ships. I don't think you would disagree with that. Going into the finals last season i knew it was a long shot Cleveland could win. (even more so afterwards hearing how Irving would not even talk to teammates throughout the finals. what a prick.) Of course i root for my team so i hope they win. Although win or lose its just sports lol.

I'm sure you had a lot of wishful thinking in 2016 when cavs stormed back and became the first team ever to overcome a 3-1 warriors lead. My point remains the same. Even though Warriors were clear favs vs any team last season because of sissy boy Durant, Its still the finals. I hope to see good and competitive basketball from both teams. Thats what real basketball fans should wanna see.

TheDish87
03-08-2018, 03:21 PM

this post didnt age well lol

nastynice
03-08-2018, 03:42 PM
As i mentioned many times, Durant joined the Warriors because he wanted an easy way to win ships. I don't think you would disagree with that. Going into the finals last season i knew it was a long shot Cleveland could win. (even more so afterwards hearing how Irving would not even talk to teammates throughout the finals. what a prick.) Of course i root for my team so i hope they win. Although win or lose its just sports lol.

I'm sure you had a lot of wishful thinking in 2016 when cavs stormed back and became the first team ever to overcome a 3-1 warriors lead. My point remains the same. Even though Warriors were clear favs vs any team last season because of sissy boy Durant, Its still the finals. I hope to see good and competitive basketball from both teams. Thats what real basketball fans should wanna see.

Why you gotta bring up old **** bro?!

nastynice
03-08-2018, 03:43 PM

Not at all

Jamiecballer
03-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Imagine that. Reactionary post is reactionary.

Vee-Rex
03-08-2018, 05:17 PM

Not that I agree with the OP, but what part didn't age well?

Maybe the MVP comment since it would take a complete collapse on Harden's part to lose the MVP, but the other parts of his post could still happen (again, not agreeing with it).