View Full Version : Offical Buyout Thread

HandsOnTheWheel
02-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Post all rumors/official buyouts here.

Joe Johnson is likely a likely buyout with gs/Houston/Celtics all interested

Derrick Rose is going to be bought out with T-Wolves as a likely destination

IKnowHoops
02-08-2018, 07:11 PM
Now that the trade deadline is over. Who is potentially out there?

Scoots
02-08-2018, 07:11 PM
If Brook Lopez is bought out I hope he gets a call from the Warriors real quick.

"Want a ring Brook? Want to come back to the Bay Area Brook? Next year we could maybe pick up Robin and you two could play together at home ... sound good? Sure, we can pay you ... well, not much ... oh, damn."

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 07:12 PM
If Brook Lopez is bought out I hope he gets a call from the Warriors real quick.

"Want a ring Brook? Want to come back to the Bay Area Brook? Next year we could maybe pick up Robin and you two could play together at home ... sound good? Sure, we can pay you ... well, not much ... oh, damn."

Sounds like the Dubs might take a look at Channing Frye too. I'm sure he'd cool retiring with 2 rings.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Nerlens Noel is a possible buyout

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 07:19 PM
Let's see:

Tyreke Evans
Nerlens Noel
Tyson Chandler
Joe Johnson
Marco Belinelli
Tony Allen
Boris Diaw
Shabazz Muhammad

I heard the Lakers don't want to buyout Brook Lopez but who knows, still possible.

GREATNESS ONE
02-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Yea BLO wants to play for the Lakers and not be bought out and I donít think weíre buying out Frye either. We need his shooting.

Interesting that itís 3weeks this year for the buy-outs to work out instead of a few days. Teams really can make proper adjustments.

Lakers have an empty roster spot, hope we could bring in another vet.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 07:22 PM
I doubt Evans is bought out.

cmellofan15
02-08-2018, 07:23 PM
I know this might sound crazy, but is there any way lakers buy out IT?

GREATNESS ONE
02-08-2018, 07:27 PM
I know this might sound crazy, but is there any way lakers buy out IT?

I donít think so, I mean unless IT becomes extremely disruptive and that would be a really bad move on his career at this point. He needs to ride it out and play on the Baby Lakers like a pro... Lakers love to push the pace and move the ball so, he should get plenty of opportunity to showcase his talent in the last 30games or so. If Lakers strike out on PG/Bron, realizing his market value has dropped can see Lakers offering him a 1year big money kinda deal.

mightybosstone
02-08-2018, 08:38 PM
The Rockets seem interested in Joe Johnson, and given his previous relationship with D'Antoni, I've got to think that interest is mutual. The Rockets are stacked on the wings, but I absolutely think they could use a guard off the bench with some playmaking ability who can shoot. Right now, Harden and Paul are their only really reliable playmakers.

OKC would also make a ton of sense as would Boston and San Antonio. I don't get Golden State, though. As stacked as the Rockets are on the wings, the Warriors seem to have even less playing time up for grabs.

BKLYNpigeon
02-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Warriors Hot after Joe Johnson

BKLYNpigeon
02-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Joe Johnson would get all of swaggys, mccaw and caspis minutes in the second unit.

15-20 min with 8-10 shots

mike_noodles
02-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Worst part of the season for me. I really wish they would fix this loophole.

mightybosstone
02-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Joe Johnson would get all of swaggys, mccaw and caspis minutes in the second unit.

15-20 min with 8-10 shots

So they're just automatically going to give him the minutes of three guys who have been solid contributors to the Warriors' rotation for most of the season? Why would I assume that to be the case if I'm JJ? That logic doesn't follow.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Worst part of the season for me. I really wish they would fix this loophole.

It's part of MLB and NHL (I think) too. It's not going away, they are making it easier for teams.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 11:18 PM
IT may actually get bought out.

His agent told someone who mentioned It may come off the bench that he isn't coming off the bench and if that's the case they'll ask for a buyout and go elsewhere.

I saw Nerlens will not be bought out.

Wade n Fade
02-08-2018, 11:24 PM
Joe Johnson could go back to Miami too. Don't forget there is a $5.5 million disability exception. He also played there before and is buddies with Wade. He wouldn't fit, but it can always be an option for a quick payout.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 11:42 PM
Vince is coming home. Watch.

mike_noodles
02-09-2018, 01:09 AM
It's part of MLB and NHL (I think) too. It's not going away, they are making it easier for teams.

No other league is close to this. They just need to change the waiver rules. If these guys want a buyout fine, but if youíre playing for vet minimum itís gotta be waiver priority or you sit the rest of the year.

The thought of IT going to Boston for nothing but a million bucks is ridiculous.

Scoots
02-09-2018, 01:12 AM
Vince is coming home. Watch.

Back to the team that drafted him?

Scoots
02-09-2018, 01:18 AM
No other league is close to this. They just need to change the waiver rules. If these guys want a buyout fine, but if youíre playing for vet minimum itís gotta be waiver priority or you sit the rest of the year.

The thought of IT going to Boston for nothing but a million bucks is ridiculous.

You have clearly never watched what happens in the MLB trade season. Every year half the league decides they are not going to win and start dumping talent left right and center. In MLB it's even worse. Teams that just won the series have been known to dump players the next season mid-season, and for them it's real star players. In the NBA real stars seldom move mid-season.

More-Than-Most
02-09-2018, 02:33 AM
Nerlens Noel is a possible buyout

id want him back asap.

More-Than-Most
02-09-2018, 02:35 AM
I actually agree they should do something... You will have legit talent taking the minimum to go play for the warriors/celtics/cavs and that isnt fair to the houstons/raptors etc etc etc who are trying to close the gap only to get screwed over by ring chasers.

BKLYNpigeon
02-09-2018, 03:11 AM

Warriors actually drafted Vince but was traded to Toronto for Antwan Jamison

DitchDat
02-09-2018, 06:48 AM
I'd like to get JJ and Tony Allen on the Celts.

R. Johnson#3
02-09-2018, 08:33 AM

Nice try but nope!

Vinylman
02-09-2018, 10:18 AM

what?

ummm no ... not even close

the nba is a joke on so many levels when it comes to teams ability to get players... this exception.. that exception... buy out BLAH BLAH BLAH

Vinylman
02-09-2018, 10:19 AM
You have clearly never watched what happens in the MLB trade season. Every year half the league decides they are not going to win and start dumping talent left right and center. In MLB it's even worse. Teams that just won the series have been known to dump players the next season mid-season, and for them it's real star players. In the NBA real stars seldom move mid-season.

omfg... they don't dump players for nothing... give us an example in MLB of a player getting dumped for nothing... let alone a buyout which is what we are talking about in here

sep11ie
02-09-2018, 10:31 AM
omfg... they don't dump players for nothing... give us an example in MLB of a player getting dumped for nothing... let alone a buyout which is what we are talking about in here

One quick example? Alex Rios

R. Johnson#3
02-09-2018, 10:44 AM

Hahaha I remember that whole debacle.

Scoots
02-09-2018, 10:46 AM
Warriors actually drafted Vince but was traded to Toronto for Antwan Jamison

I know.

Vinylman
02-09-2018, 11:18 AM

that isn't what we are talking about...

Rios was put on waivers and claimed by Chicago WHO PAID HIS FULL SALARY

Additionally, the What were the White Sox playing for that year?

Again... we are talking about quality players getting released and signing league min deals on a contender

NEXT!

Sly Guy
02-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Vince is gonna be waived, then picked up by Toronto.

1. The deal where they sent Bruno to the kings yesterday essentially cleared enough space for a vet minimum pickup
2. The whole 'cheer vince for the first time since' during his game in the ACC this year
3. Masai has publicly stated he wants to bring him home
4. The team could use another 3 point shooter, and he's a good locker room guy too.
5. The players like him. Guys like DeMar, a KLow both like to state his importance to the growth of the franchise
6. Another chance to heal for the fans, organization and vince, and another one of those glowy-bs 'feel good' moments.

It's gonna happen.

JLynn943
02-09-2018, 11:36 AM
I actually agree they should do something... You will have legit talent taking the minimum to go play for the warriors/celtics/cavs and that isnt fair to the houstons/raptors etc etc etc who are trying to close the gap only to get screwed over by ring chasers.

Agreed. It definitely hinders competition when these guys are looking to jump on to already stacked teams for basically no money just to quick get a ring before they retire.

TrueFan420
02-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Agreed. It definitely hinders competition when these guys are looking to jump on to already stacked teams for basically no money just to quick get a ring before they retire.

No doubt but their FA and it's their choice. You can't draw the line and say it's ok to sign with this team and not that team. They created a waiver wire to help but they usually get cut cause their contract. Only way they could do it is get ride of mid season cuts all together.

JLynn943
02-09-2018, 11:51 AM
No doubt but their FA and it's their choice. You can't draw the line and say it's ok to sign with this team and not that team. They created a waiver wire to help but they usually get cut cause their contract. Only way they could do it is get ride of mid season cuts all together.

They could probably add stipulations to when and how buyouts can be done, but I don't know exactly what it should be made into.

LA4life24/8
02-09-2018, 01:20 PM
The lakers arent buying out IT Frye or BLO.

I think they waive or cut whatever, ennis and maybe brewer (If he asked for it)

The only buyout candidate for em IMO is KCP. Again if he asked for it. I could see him jumping onto celts cleveland golden state or okc (Roberson role) for sure

Scoots
02-09-2018, 01:35 PM
I think the NBA has a waiver wire too, and just like other sports when a player clears waivers they are free agents.

If the issue is that teams "over the cap" can still sign vet minimum deals ... that's something the players union fought for and got 3 CBAs ago. They wanted to encourage teams to keep vets well past their prime around.

For the most part the mid-season pickups of cut players don't make much of a difference at all. There is a reason these players are unrestricted free agents.

WaDe03
02-09-2018, 01:52 PM
I know.

No, but now you do thanks to the pigeon.

Vinylman
02-09-2018, 01:53 PM
I think the NBA has a waiver wire too, and just like other sports when a player clears waivers they are free agents.

If the issue is that teams "over the cap" can still sign vet minimum deals ... that's something the players union fought for and got 3 CBAs ago. They wanted to encourage teams to keep vets well past their prime around.

For the most part the mid-season pickups of cut players don't make much of a difference at all. There is a reason these players are unrestricted free agents.

that isn't what happens in MLB... post trade deadline they put everyone on waivers and anyone who isn't claimed and in some cases are claimed just gets pulled back and is either kept or traded...

The difference is the stupid NBA rules that say you have to have salary room to acquire a player... it is why it is so difficult to trade players... and why players agree to buyouts

Tg11
02-09-2018, 03:05 PM
IT will get bought out especially if he doesn't want to come off the bench and he will request a release from LA

Jamiecballer
02-09-2018, 03:16 PM
No, but now you do thanks to the pigeon.Hes a warriors fan. He knew. Pidgeon missed the joke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

BKLYNpigeon
02-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Javale Macgee will be available.

Once warriors cut him to make room for a buyout wing player!

R. Johnson#3
02-09-2018, 04:14 PM

that isn't what we are talking about...

Rios was put on waivers and claimed by Chicago WHO PAID HIS FULL SALARY

Additionally, the What were the White Sox playing for that year?

Again... we are talking about quality players getting released and signing league min deals on a contender

NEXT!

Rios was literally given to the Chi Sox for nothing. Yes he was technically put on waivers but we got absolutely nothing in return. Cito hated him and he got into an altercation with a fan which stamped his ticket out. Guess who's wrong!

WaDe03
02-09-2018, 05:34 PM
Hes a warriors fan. He knew. Pidgeon missed the joke.

No, pigeon has never missed a joke.

ewing
02-09-2018, 06:12 PM
The Rockets seem interested in Joe Johnson, and given his previous relationship with D'Antoni, I've got to think that interest is mutual. The Rockets are stacked on the wings, but I absolutely think they could use a guard off the bench with some playmaking ability who can shoot. Right now, Harden and Paul are their only really reliable playmakers.

OKC would also make a ton of sense as would Boston and San Antonio. I don't get Golden State, though. As stacked as the Rockets are on the wings, the Warriors seem to have even less playing time up for grabs.

Joe Johnson is a big strong dude. Definitely a wing/big in todayís league especially on a team like Houston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
02-09-2018, 06:14 PM

MLB sucks and so does this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
02-09-2018, 06:25 PM
that isn't what happens in MLB... post trade deadline they put everyone on waivers and anyone who isn't claimed and in some cases are claimed just gets pulled back and is either kept or traded...

The difference is the stupid NBA rules that say you have to have salary room to acquire a player... it is why it is so difficult to trade players... and why players agree to buyouts

Yes, they can be pulled back if they clear waivers, but they can also be waived outright, but because there is no cap the better players tend to get claimed.

The NBA rules that make trades less likely (cap room/salaries within 15%) are annoying, but I think they are there to protect the "small market" teams from themselves.

mike_noodles
02-09-2018, 06:47 PM

No, it's not like that at all. Baseball teams have to give up something, a minor leaguer or two, international signing money, etc. They have to give up something, even cash going the other way in a trade. NBA teams literally give up nothing other than the salary they pay these guys. I honestly don't know how you think they're the same thing. I would be fine with the NBA if they made each team give up a 2nd rounder for signing a buy out guy or you can only sign one bought out player per season. But we could have a guy that was in the top 5 in MVP voting change teams this week for nothing.

mike_noodles
02-09-2018, 06:56 PM
They could probably add stipulations to when and how buyouts can be done, but I don't know exactly what it should be made into.

Bottom up. Teams in contention get first dibs from worst to first just like the waiver wire. Don't want to play for Philly/Cha, wait until the summer and sign for market value with a team with the space to do so. Or give them a list of the teams that put in a "claim" and let them pick from three of them or something.

There is a waiver, but nobody has cap space at this point in time (or rarely) to pay the remaining salary. What the NBA should be doing is forcing these guys to playing out the contracts they agreed to and prevent players from asking for buyouts.

It's really strange, cause I can't picture anywhere else where it's acceptable to sign a contract and then decide for the last few months that you no longer want to honor it, but the other partner should pay the remaining salary, it's absurd really.

I'll stop with the bitterness now, it just sucks for those of us whose teams never get to participate in the buyout market because we don't have a top 5 player that others want to play with.

mgomrjsurf
02-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Or have to give up Overseas guy or Money or work out a Trade. Also DFA and more Minor Leagues to.

AI
02-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Tony Allen would be an ideal target for OKC, replaces Robersonís defense. Could see them going after Joe Johnson and Belinelli as well for some scoring off the bench.

IKnowHoops
02-09-2018, 11:58 PM
Bottom up. Teams in contention get first dibs from worst to first just like the waiver wire. Don't want to play for Philly/Cha, wait until the summer and sign for market value with a team with the space to do so. Or give them a list of the teams that put in a "claim" and let them pick from three of them or something.

There is a waiver, but nobody has cap space at this point in time (or rarely) to pay the remaining salary. What the NBA should be doing is forcing these guys to playing out the contracts they agreed to and prevent players from asking for buyouts.

It's really strange, cause I can't picture anywhere else where it's acceptable to sign a contract and then decide for the last few months that you no longer want to honor it, but the other partner should pay the remaining salary, it's absurd really.

I'll stop with the bitterness now, it just sucks for those of us whose teams never get to participate in the buyout market because we don't have a top 5 player that others want to play with.

Can you picture an NFL contract?

sep11ie
02-10-2018, 12:07 AM
Looks like Branden Wright to the Rockets. Real nice signing there. They are still looking at Speights, Koufas and Johnson.

mightybosstone
02-10-2018, 12:31 AM
Looks like Branden Wrighst to the Rockets. Real nice signing there. They are still looking at Speights, Koufas and Johnson.
Love this move. Gives them a poor man's Capela to come off the bench and adds lenth and athleticism to their second unit that it's sorely lacking righr now. I love Nene, but he's really lost a step this season.

Scoots
02-10-2018, 12:34 AM
Looks like Branden Wright to the Rockets. Real nice signing there. They are still looking at Speights, Koufas and Johnson.

I love Wright. He physically can't survive more than 15 minutes a night, but other than that he's been really under-rated.

mightybosstone
02-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Joe Johnston to Houston!

Heediot
02-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Houston is a great fit for Joe. Let the old guy chuck some threes. He can also handle the rock in certain scenarios where Cp and Harden need a break. Personally I think he's pretty shot, but the rockets system might revitalize him.

I'm liking the Brandon Wright signing too. Rockets are deep as **** now. If one of Paul or Harden step up in the clutch in the playoffs, they could give GS a real scare.

TrueFan420
02-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Two great pick ups for Houston. I imagine warriors will stay quite and OKC will snag someone of value next.

warfelg
02-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Yes, they can be pulled back if they clear waivers, but they can also be waived outright, but because there is no cap the better players tend to get claimed.

The NBA rules that make trades less likely (cap room/salaries within 15%) are annoying, but I think they are there to protect the "small market" teams from themselves.

Want to fox the buyout thing in basketball?

Limit teams to signing 1 bought out player per season.

WaDe03
02-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Nice pickups, Joe was huge for the Jazz in the playoffs last year.

Heediot
02-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Nice pickups, Joe was huge for the Jazz in the playoffs last year.

His presence in the clutch and in pressure situations is much needed on the Rockets.

mightybosstone
02-10-2018, 12:51 PM
So I posted this in the Rockets thread, but I figured it would be worth discussing here as well. But the Rockets depth is kind of insane now. Like, this is one possible 10-man rotation they could use on a given night:

PG: Paul (32) / Harden (16)
PG: Harden (18) / Gordon (30) / Green
SF: Trevor Ariza (30) / Mbah a Moute (15) / Johnson(3)
PF: Anderson (20) / Tucker (15) / Johnson (13)
C: Capela (25) / Wright (15) / Anderson (8) / Nene

And they're so deep now that Green and Nene wouldn't even step on the floor in this scenario. And Johnson's ability to play the 2-4 and be a second ball handler gives them a crazy amount of flexibility. Wright and JJ will definitely help them stay fresh going into the postseason, but the roster versatility of the team in the playoffs is also going to be unrivaled by anybody but maybe the Warriors.

Imagine they're playing the Nuggets and D'Antoni wants to go with a high-powered second unit. He could surround Paul with four shooters with Gordon, Mbah a Moute, Johson and Anderson. Or maybe they're playing the Warriors and he wants to go strictly defensive, maybe he runs with Paul, Gordon, Mbah a Moute, Tucker and Wright. There are just so many options with this team now.

Scoots
02-10-2018, 12:57 PM
The Rockets are deep enough that they can reduce the PT for their starters between now and the playoffs and still win a high percentage of their games to get into the playoffs healthy and rested. The Western Conference Finals are going to be ROUGH.

Heediot
02-10-2018, 12:59 PM
So I posted this in the Rockets thread, but I figured it would be worth discussing here as well. But the Rockets depth is kind of insane now. Like, this is one possible 10-man rotation they could use on a given night:

PG: Paul (32) / Harden (16)
PG: Harden (18) / Gordon (30) / Green
SF: Trevor Ariza (30) / Mbah a Moute (15) / Johnson(3)
PF: Anderson (20) / Tucker (15) / Johnson (13)
C: Capela (25) / Wright (15) / Anderson (8) / Nene

And they're so deep now that Green and Nene wouldn't even step on the floor in this scenario. And Johnson's ability to play the 2-4 and be a second ball handler gives them a crazy amount of flexibility. Wright and JJ will definitely help them stay fresh going into the postseason, but the roster versatility of the team in the playoffs is also going to be unrivaled by anybody but maybe the Warriors.

Imagine they're playing the Nuggets and D'Antoni wants to go with a high-powered second unit. He could surround Paul with four shooters with Gordon, Mbah a Moute, Johson and Anderson. Or maybe they're playing the Warriors and he wants to go strictly defensive, maybe he runs with Paul, Gordon, Mbah a Moute, Tucker and Wright. There are just so many options with this team now.

Don't forget Tarik Black, he was a menace for a stretch in the 4th q garbage time last night! Jokes aside I wonder what happens to guys like him and Gerald Green?

TrueFan420
02-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Don't forget Tarik Black, he was a menace for a stretch in the 4th q garbage time last night! Jokes aside I wonder what happens to guys like him and Gerald Green?

They'll still get time. Just less consistently. Some nights they may get 25 minutes others 10 and others 0. Green should be fine as he's 32 and a pro. He'll be able to adjust and be ready on the fly. I think Tarik will struggle more because he's still youngish at 26. He's only seeing about 10 minutes a night and he'll likely miss a lot more games now. He just needs to work hard and be ready to play when his names called. The Rockets depth is fantastic tho. I hope D'Antoni really utilizes this to keep his team fresh. I can't wait for the playoffs this year it's going to be crazy.

mightybosstone
02-10-2018, 01:12 PM

Nah. Black is almost certainly gone. He's the only roster spot on an expiring contract at the end of the bench, and he'll probably be the first casualty when Wright and Johnson sign. I like Black, but the guy is wildly inconsistent and Wright is a much better fit for what this team needs with its second unit.

Heediot
02-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Nah. Black is almost certainly gone. He's the only roster spot on an expiring contract at the end of the bench, and he'll probably be the first casualty when Wright and Johnson sign. I like Black, but the guy is wildly inconsistent and Wright is a much better fit for what this team needs with its second unit.

I watch Chinese Ball in the mornings. Is Zhou a goner and back to China next year? Or do the Rox still like him for the long term?

WaDe03
02-10-2018, 02:16 PM
I just wish Joe would've helped Wade in the 15-16 playoffs lol!

I feel bad for Bobbi Brown though, dude just wants to hoop all the time!

prodigy
02-10-2018, 03:04 PM

Wright is garbage, i don't understand why people think he's some great fit anywhere lol.

mike_noodles
02-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Can you picture an NFL contract?

No, lol. Don't even get me started on that.

Jamiecballer
02-10-2018, 06:25 PM
The Raps will likely have an interest in Wade after his buyout is complete.

rhino17
02-10-2018, 06:37 PM

I would imagine Nanu is cut before Black. He is straight up terrible

As for Joe, good fit, but idk where he is gonna find any playing time. You can't take Green out of the rotation right now considering the way he is playing.

mightybosstone
02-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Wright is garbage, i don't understand why people think he's some great fit anywhere lol.

His numbers say otherwise. And I tend to trust Daryl Morey over the opinions of random people on the internet.

Scoots
02-11-2018, 12:05 AM

Other than being fragile he has been a good player his whole career. Look at his per 100 numbers. He's not great, but he's better than solid. His career ORtg is 125 to his DRtg of 106, a +19 net is not garbage. He's always done pretty much the same thing when he's been able to play ... he just hasn't been able to do it much in his career. That's why he's a great pickup IF HE'S HEALTHY (which he probably won't be).

Scoots
02-11-2018, 12:07 AM
His numbers say otherwise. And I tend to trust Daryl Morey over the opinions of random people on the internet.

I actually tried to convince people in 2015 that he should have been the 6th man of the year and got mocked for it. Look at the numbers and tell me you'd CLEARLY rather have Lou Williams that year?

IKnowHoops
02-11-2018, 03:01 AM
If Nerlens hits the market, I give Cavs a good chance.

PG Hill/Clarkson/Calderon
SG JR/Hood/Korver
SF Bron/Green/Osman
PF Love/Nance
C. Noel/TT

Gonna be fun seeing what Lebron molds this team into whether they get anerlens or not. Iím really hoping for that buyout. Nerlens is a beast, and will be a nuke weapon when Lebron starts setting him up.

IKnowHoops
02-11-2018, 03:18 AM
If Nerlens hits the market, I give Cavs a good chance.

PG Hill/Clarkson/Calderon
SG JR/Hood/Korver
SF Bron/Green/Osman
PF Love/Nance
C. Noel/TT

Gonna be fun seeing what Lebron molds this team into whether they get anerlens or not. Iím really hoping for that buyout. Nerlens is a beast, and will be a nuke weapon when Lebron starts setting him up.

Tyreke would be a great add too

PG Tyreke/Hill/Calderon
SG Hood/Clarkson/JR
SF Bron/Green/Osman/Korver
PF Love/Nance
C Noel/TT

Now that squad can beat GS

warfelg
02-11-2018, 06:04 AM
Marco Bellinelli to the Sixers.

sagemania
02-11-2018, 06:39 AM
Rockets killed it by the Paul steal trade and the buyout period. Got Green averaging 14 points for nothing.Then added Wright and ISO Joe for nothing as well while keeping an already imposing team intact.

prodigy
02-11-2018, 11:16 AM

o ya my bad his numbers are freaking great! lol. He's a depth big man who shouldn't see much time period. You should make ur own opinion and not bow to any mans thoughts. if u think hes a great fit great. I don't think he is because i don't believe he's any type of a factor. Opinion based forum sir, enjoy.

mightybosstone
02-11-2018, 12:30 PM
o ya my bad his numbers are freaking great! lol. He's a depth big man who shouldn't see much time period. You should make ur own opinion and not bow to any mans thoughts. if u think hes a great fit great. I don't think he is because i don't believe he's any type of a factor. Opinion based forum sir, enjoy.

Every single advanced stat points to him being extremely efficient and productive in limited minutes. I don't know that I think he's a "great fit" necessarily, but that's kind of what the Rockets need. They don't need some superstar center, and if any team thinks they're going to randomly pick up a star player in the buyout process, they'd be crazy. The buyout period isn't about getting a stud to be your second or third best guy. It's about filling out your bench with guys who can be productive when they're on the floor and give you depth as your 8th, 9th or 10th best players. That's pretty much who Wright is. Give him 10-15 minutes, and he'll have a positive impact on the floor. Expect him to play 30 minutes and play 70+ games a season, and you're going to be extremely underwhelmed.

mightybosstone
02-11-2018, 12:33 PM
I actually tried to convince people in 2015 that he should have been the 6th man of the year and got mocked for it. Look at the numbers and tell me you'd CLEARLY rather have Lou Williams that year?

Yeah, it's a bummer he hasn't been able to stay healthy the last few seasons. But with he and Nene sharing the backup center duties, I'd like to think that shouldn't be as much of an issue. I do think his skillset fits the Rockets offense a little more favorably than Nene, though. And he'd certainly be an upgrade over Nene on the defensive end.

prodigy
02-11-2018, 03:14 PM

:speechless::speechless::speechless:

Scoots
02-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Tyreke would be a great add too

PG Tyreke/Hill/Calderon
SG Hood/Clarkson/JR
SF Bron/Green/Osman/Korver
PF Love/Nance
C Noel/TT

Now that squad can beat GS

More interesting yes, but the only position that team is better than the Warriors is SF and LeBron to KD isn't a exactly a big advantage to Cavs.

But no doubt the Cavs have a reasonable chance to be better than they were a week ago.

Scoots
02-11-2018, 07:39 PM
:speechless::speechless::speechless:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Brandan+Wright&player_id1_select=Brandan+Wright&player_id1=wrighbr03&y1=2015&player_id2_hint=Lou+Williams&player_id2_select=Lou+Williams&y2=2015&player_id2=willilo02&idx=players

Just scroll down to Per 100 possessions and the Advanced stats and tell me which player did more for their team? Williams with a +5 NetRating vs Wrights +29. 6th man goes to players who more often than not supply empty points.

LaVar Ball
02-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Per his Twitter and league sources

Sixers now have 3 true knockdown shooters in Reddick, Belinelli and Covington.

mightybosstone
02-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Do we really need a new thread for this? We have a buyout thread for these transactions.

hugepatsfan
02-11-2018, 08:26 PM
I think knockdown shooter is a bit of an exaggeration for Ro-Co but overall PHI looks very solid on paper. They just need to figure it out.

warfelg
02-11-2018, 08:36 PM
I think knockdown shooter is a bit of an exaggeration for Ro-Co but overall PHI looks very solid on paper. They just need to figure it out.

RoCo can be streaky but he's still got a really go 3pt% at 37.3%

More-Than-Most
02-11-2018, 08:48 PM
but but but nobody wants to play here

cmellofan15
02-11-2018, 09:51 PM
Maybe this will help them lock down the 8th seed in the meat grinder eastern conference :laugh2:

sjbirds
02-11-2018, 11:02 PM
Maybe this will help them lock down the 8th seed in the meat grinder eastern conference :laugh2:
Yeah because they are so far out of 3 4 5 6 7.. haha

More-Than-Most
02-12-2018, 05:47 AM

Besides the warriors how is the west super stacked? Toronto seems like they are playing the best basketball right now and are 2nd to probably the warriors/Rockets... Warriors/Rockets are top dogs but its basically a cluster **** after that... Sixers/Spurs/Bucks/celtics/Pacers/Wolves/Etc etc... The records are all pretty close... The west has more star power but that will be changing soon once the sixers explode.

warfelg
02-12-2018, 09:42 AM
No way we belong in the same breath as Spurs, Celtics, Cavs, Thunder. Outside of the Spurs those teams basically ripped us a new one this year.

ewing
02-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Besides the warriors how is the west super stacked? Toronto seems like they are playing the best basketball right now and are 2nd to probably the warriors/Rockets... Warriors/Rockets are top dogs but its basically a cluster **** after that... Sixers/Spurs/Bucks/celtics/Pacers/Wolves/Etc etc... The records are all pretty close... The west has more star power but that will be changing soon once the sixers explode.

Are you talking about Joel's knee?

More-Than-Most
02-12-2018, 10:53 AM
Are you talking about Joel's knee?

Lol Touche. I Cant wait for that Embiid/Porz matcup tonight good buddy : )

ewing
02-12-2018, 11:01 AM

lol

IKnowHoops
02-12-2018, 11:52 AM

Nice

Scoots
02-12-2018, 02:34 PM

That was just mean.