View Full Version : Magic trade Elfrid Payton to Suns for 2nd round pick

LaVar Ball
02-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
1m1 minute ago
More
Orlando has tradaed Elfrid Payton to Phoenix for a second-round pick, league source tells ESPN.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-08-2018, 03:56 PM
To think the Magic gave up Dario Saric and a future 1st rounder for the guy..

valade16
02-08-2018, 03:59 PM
All of a sudden GMs are valuing picks, even late 1st's and early 2nd's as extremely valuable. A very odd sudden turn, I wonder if it has to do with the salary cap not spiking and so they simply value the cheap contracts they provide.

GoferKing_
02-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Who is the PG in Orlando now?

ewing
02-08-2018, 04:03 PM
I like him better then mudiay :confused:

cheetos185
02-08-2018, 05:15 PM
I like him better then mudiay :confused:

Magic were trying to hustle knicks into giving up frank for him good thing it didn't happen

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Wow. Payton might not be the best of PG's but he's definitely worth more than a 2nd rounder.. Wish we picked him up. I like Raymond Felton's leadership and experience but he's slower than a tortoise. it'll be better if we had a younger and quicker guard to run the pace.

Heediot
02-08-2018, 05:35 PM
I wonder why Denver didn`t take a flyer on him. I heard they liked Smart for his defense (and were pursuing him), Payton is a solid defender. Should of took a low risk play there IMO. You can have both Harris (vet) and Elfrid on the same team. Harris is insurance for Payton flopping.

ewing
02-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Magic were trying to hustle knicks into giving up frank for him good thing it didn't happen

They traded him for a second rounder. We traded McBuckets and a 2nd rounder for a guy that plays the same spot, is the same age, makes the same $, and sucks as far as Ive seen. I guess we shed ourselves of 5 million in salary next year but maybe we should have stayed at table with Orlando a bit longer

LeonFSU
02-08-2018, 05:45 PM
I wonder why Denver didn`t take a flyer on him. I heard they liked Smart for his defense (and were pursuing him), Payton is a solid defender. Should of took a low risk play there IMO. You can have both Harris (vet) and Elfrid on the same team. Harris is insurance for Payton flopping.

Payton has regressed significantly as a defender.

Rivera
02-08-2018, 05:59 PM
man as a magic fan i couldnt be HAPPIER im pissed our old GM (even at the time so this isnt hindsight!) chose Payton over Oladipo I never was a fan of his and I couldnt be happier to see him gone even if its only for a 2nd. no more of that stupid hair flopping around, no more blocking his own shots in a magic uniform

TylerSL
02-09-2018, 06:04 AM
It's just cruel to trade Payton for a 2nd rounder. He's averaging 13/6 on 52% shooting. Why give him away for free?

warfelg
02-09-2018, 09:29 AM
To think the Magic gave up Dario Saric and a future 1st rounder for the guy..

The Magic traded Saric, 1st, 2nd for Payton.

That turned out to be Daric Saric, De'Aaron Fox, Willy Hernangomez.

Tg11
02-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Payton on the Suns he actually can be an asset to them but then again don't he and Booker play the same position at PG? If that is the case then you may as well shift Booker into the SG role if anything and have Payton as your PG.