PDA

View Full Version : How do you see ITís free agency playing out?

Giannis94
02-04-2018, 12:31 PM
So if you woulda asked anyone last year how IT would do in FA, I'd be willing to be that many would have said easily over 100 mill but probably not that 175 (or whatever the max that he's looking for is).

So given that's all that's happened since, I am asking you guys what or where (speculate all you want) his next contract will be, and just how much he has fallen?

I also think that PG being the deepest postion in the NBA, and the amount of teams looking to be "bottom feeders" hurts him a significant amount

Merge this to whatever thread you want if you need too. But I think it's a valid talking point?

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/isaiah-thomasim-max-guy-so-i-deserve-max

Cal827
02-04-2018, 12:49 PM
I feel that he might be stuck on taking a 1 year + player option deal at around 17-20 mil. A bit Similar to what the Lakers did with Caldwell-Pope(I think it was him), but . Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to get back to how he used to be. Whether that might have to do with Cleveland's current play style or not, he's still shooting the ball pretty badly. I feel that a team would give him a shot after he has a full off-season to recuperate (maybe he rushed back too fast?).

Though if Lebron decides to leave, I can see Gilbert impulse signing Thomas to a larger deal (like Lowry's) in order to keep someone that he could try to sell to the fans on. I don't see anyone giving him the max. Man how things change huh, I still remember wondering what exactly Boston was doing :laugh2:

All in all, I don't really see him leaving Cleveland because, as you said, most of the teams near the top have their point guard; and many of the lower teams are either (a) trying to develop their own point guard, or (b) don't want a guy who they feel might cost them balls in the lottery.

Though, the idea of a fully healthy Thomas in NO is interesting :laugh2:

Scoots
02-04-2018, 01:31 PM
So if you woulda asked anyone last year how IT would do in FA, I'd be willing to be that many would have said easily over 100 mill but probably not that 175 (or whatever the max that he's looking for is).

So given that's all that's happened since, I am asking you guys what or where (speculate all you want) his next contract will be, and just how much he has fallen?

I also think that PG being the deepest postion in the NBA, and the amount of teams looking to be "bottom feeders" hurts him a significant amount

Merge this to whatever thread you want if you need too. But I think it's a valid talking point?

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/isaiah-thomasim-max-guy-so-i-deserve-max

If you look back you will see a lot of people talking about how the Celtics had to move him because they were never going to pay him what he wanted. I think most NBA nuts like we are realized his value in reality was nowhere near the money he was going to "demand".

R. Johnson#3
02-04-2018, 01:41 PM
The Knicks will pay him. It makes absolutely no sense which is why it'll happen

dhopisthename
02-04-2018, 01:59 PM
unless he starts play significantly better I think there are a ton of teams that wouldn't pay him the minimum. he might have to settle for a mle offer from someone if he can even get that.

LOb0
02-04-2018, 02:14 PM
The Knicks will pay him. It makes absolutely no sense which is why it'll happen

Knicks didn't try to trade 6 first round picks for Blake so I'd like to believe they've gotten a bit smarter than that.

Giannis94
02-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Knicks didn't try to trade 6 first round picks for Blake so I'd like to believe they've gotten a bit smarter than that.

But they gave Noah 70 some mill and recently massively overpaid on thj. I guess the thj contract isn't terrible. But because it keeps them in the friend zone and unable to get a high lottery pick it makes it worse.

warfelg
02-04-2018, 02:20 PM
I think teams are going to offer him a good amount....but to be the 6th man. Not a starter.

ewing
02-04-2018, 02:46 PM
It depends on how he finishes the year. Right now he canít even hit a jump shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
02-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Depends. He's just about 29 and without his full athleticism he'll get crushed in this league. Unless he improves drastically (I do think he improves a decent bit, but not drastically) 2 years 18 million is probably the range he's looking at.

Texan_Rocket
02-04-2018, 03:17 PM
What about SA? Defensively, theyíre schemes can cover his defense, or lack there of, and is Stevens system was what made IT successful, POP is one of the only coaches that will be able to replicate that.

Free agents arenít flocking to SA, offer him a 2 year deal, see what he can do?

Chronz
02-04-2018, 03:18 PM
MLE

p

Texan_Rocket
02-04-2018, 03:19 PM
2 years 20 mil

TrueFan420
02-04-2018, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't want him on my team... he's way too much of a liability defensively.

Quinnsanity
02-04-2018, 03:27 PM
He'll get an MLE 1+1 offer from someone. I assume he'll be looking to go to a team that desperately needs shot-creation so he can boost his stats and get a long term deal. Orlando makes sense. Phoenix might take another look since their point guard situation is so ******. The Nets make sense as a "build up his value and then flip him" sort of team. There will be suitors.

Cal827
02-04-2018, 03:31 PM
He'll get an MLE 1+1 offer from someone. I assume he'll be looking to go to a team that desperately needs shot-creation so he can boost his stats and get a long term deal. Orlando makes sense. Phoenix might take another look since their point guard situation is so ******. The Nets make sense as a "build up his value and then flip him" sort of team. There will be suitors.

Assuming they don't chase a PG in the draft, I agree on Orlando and Phoenix. Feel the Nets are going to see what happens with Russel as their PG for the future... but knowing both, they'll just spend their money on more Centers.

ewing
02-05-2018, 12:07 AM
Yeah he isnít a legit starter

Giannis94
02-05-2018, 12:53 AM
Why would Orlando want him? Signing him only continues their mediocrity yet not bad enough to get a top 2 pick. Aren't they looking to blow things up?

tredigs
02-05-2018, 12:58 AM
Yeah he isnít a legit starter

No he's the league MVP. You told us as much no more than 8 months ago. I'm so confused??

BKLYNpigeon
02-05-2018, 01:58 AM
Funny how every player who leaves GS, Boston and San Antonio are not as good.

More-Than-Most
02-05-2018, 03:40 AM
when lebron leaves gilbert will max him... I wouldnt even want him let alone give him a max. Remember when i got hated on for saying how terrible he is and that he is a product of the parts around him in boston which boston wouldnt be able to sustain once guys leave... Remember all of that????

LOb0
02-05-2018, 03:54 AM
when lebron leaves gilbert will max him... I wouldnt even want him let alone give him a max. Remember when i got hated on for saying how terrible he is and that he is a product of the parts around him in boston which boston wouldnt be able to sustain once guys leave... Remember all of that????

I'm not willing to go that far. I think he benefited from Brad and the team but IT is legit, he's just in a disaster of a situation on the Cavs. Still not even close to a max guy.

GoferKing_
02-05-2018, 04:39 AM
No Brink's Truck for him.

Vinylman
02-05-2018, 08:46 AM
It all depends if he goes in a S&T or is just traded straight out...

If Cleveland is rebuilding and willing to take on a bad contract then he might get a good deal...

I will use a team like the Knicks as an example... say Cleveland was willing to take on Noah's deal a first and Willy for IT in a S&T (they might have to split the deal in two to comply with league rules) then I could see him getting a 3 year deal around $50 million with the Knicks having a $7-8 million buyout in year 3

In terms of straight up FA ... probably a 2 year deal for 17-18 million with a second year team buyout of around $5 million which would make it at least a 1 year deal for $22-23 million.

Someone will overpay for him in terms of dollars but not years imo

ewing
02-05-2018, 10:10 AM
No he's the league MVP. You told us as much no more than 8 months ago. I'm so confused??

There was a case for him last year

Scoots
02-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Why would Orlando want him? Signing him only continues their mediocrity yet not bad enough to get a top 2 pick. Aren't they looking to blow things up?

How do you blow up a crater?

Scoots
02-05-2018, 10:49 AM
IT makes me think of Jordan Crawford ... instant offense, thinks he's better than he is, will always score, will never defend.

Like Crawford, he'll occasionally be over-paid and occasionally be under-paid. He'll never be "worth" $20M+ a year.

Giannis94
02-05-2018, 10:50 AM
How do you blow up a crater?
With (wait for it)......magic!

Ty Fast
02-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Who do you think goes after him and how much money/years do you think he gets?

Heediot
02-08-2018, 03:03 PM
I year deal with Lakers if they strike out in Free agency this year. 1 year 15 million. Other then that MLE if he signs elsewhere, or 1 year deal from a team with lots of cap for 15 mil.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 03:04 PM
I think IT screwed himself big time by trashtalking Cavs coach and Kevin Love. This is the second organization that he's left with some sort of controversy. His gameplay is also not worth it. I can't imagine a scenario where IT is back to that Celtics year. That was the outlier of his career.

Giannis94
02-08-2018, 03:08 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?933634-How-much-does-IT-get-in-FA

kyubi256
02-08-2018, 03:13 PM
At this point I think he will need to sign a one year deal and rebuild his value

redsox12
02-08-2018, 03:13 PM
If IT resigns with the Lakers, it's kind of poetic that the Lakers/Celtics rivalry is IT is Kyrie.

Sly Guy
02-08-2018, 03:15 PM
I think he gets a one year deal in order to prove himself once again.

Really, it's not an awful thing, he still gets his chance at big money, and likely on a team that will give him the opportunity.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 03:25 PM
he should sign with chuck e cheeses

THE MTL
02-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Signs a vet min with the Warriors

KnicksorBust
02-08-2018, 03:26 PM
I want him on the Knicks badly but I don't see it happening.

mightybosstone
02-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Not well. /thread

Seriously, though, I think he'd be best served signing a one-year deal with someone as a sixth man and building up his value again. If he signs a long-term contract, nobody is going to give him anything close to what he was worth a year ago.

redsox12
02-08-2018, 03:31 PM
I want him on the Knicks badly but I don't see it happening.

If the Lakers had their draft pick, it would make sense to send IT to the Knicks for Mudiay and Ntilikina

Bostonjorge
02-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Lakers making the playoffs. Someone will offer Thomas a lot of $. Something like what Millsap signed.

redsox12
02-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Lakers reportedly want to keep Thomas.

mightybosstone
02-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Lakers making the playoffs. Someone will offer Thomas a lot of $. Something like what Millsap signed.

Will they? Who would be crazy enough to give IT $15 million+ per season on a long-term deal in this conservative market? I just don't think there's a market for him right now, and he didn't do himself any favors by completely sucking in Cleveland. He's going to need to play a hell of a lot better in LA to get any kind of legitimate contract.

Bostonjorge
02-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Without the drama and complaining, Isiah can help this lakers team with a strong playoff berth push. Lakers make the playoffs then lakers become a extremely desirable place to play. With a extremely talented young core that just made the playoffs in the toughest conference in a long time.

Isiah needs the playoffs to get paid in free agency.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Without the drama and complaining, Isiah can help this lakers team with a strong playoff berth push. Lakers make the playoffs then lakers become a extremely desirable place to play. With a extremely talented young core that just made the playoffs in the toughest conference in a long time.

Isiah needs the playoffs to get paid in free agency.

Lol. Lakers fans will get so pissed. I have a strong feeling. The problem with IT being in the Lakers is that they are contempt with losing as long as Ingram/Kuzma/Lonzo have a chance to develop. IT told his agent that he needs the ball to dominate. Well, that means less possessions for everyone else because all IT does is score. Lakers will be REALLY pissed because now IT thinks he has the veteran and seniority of the team and will do what he wants. With Cleveland, there was zero chance IT was going to mouth off on LeBron. IT mouthed off on Kevin Love. This guy will come into the locker room thinking he is Rocky Balboa.

KingPosey
02-08-2018, 06:28 PM
I think it really depends on how he plays the rest of the season. So much can change that itís hard to say anything.

Heediot
02-08-2018, 06:32 PM
Lol. Lakers fans will get so pissed. I have a strong feeling. The problem with IT being in the Lakers is that they are contempt with losing as long as Ingram/Kuzma/Lonzo have a chance to develop. IT told his agent that he needs the ball to dominate. Well, that means less possessions for everyone else because all IT does is score. Lakers will be REALLY pissed because now IT thinks he has the veteran and seniority of the team and will do what he wants. With Cleveland, there was zero chance IT was going to mouth off on LeBron. IT mouthed off on Kevin Love. This guy will come into the locker room thinking he is Rocky Balboa.

No one will be pissed if IT has numbers that leads them to winning and the playoffs. They don't have their own pick unless its top 2, so if they make the playoffs it'd be nice and good experience for the youth. If the guy is a ball hog and it doesn't lead anywhere, yeah fans might not agree with that.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 06:32 PM
No one will be pissed if IT has numbers that leads them to winning and the playoffs. They don't have their own pick unless its top 2, so if they make the playoffs it'd be nice and good experience for the youth. If the guy is a ball hog and it doesn't lead anywhere, yeah fans might not agree with that.

and you guys think you're getting someone different?

Heediot
02-08-2018, 06:39 PM
and you guys think you're getting someone different?

Dude is bout the brinks, so no. I think Stevens knew how to capitalize on his skillset for the betterment of the team. I'm not convinced Walton can do the same. Coming from the early vibes, hopefully things can sort themselves out for the Lakers.

Tg11
02-09-2018, 02:53 PM
I think IT stays in LA especially considering that this upcoming free agency class in 2018 in the summer is not that loaded with stars. Furthermore, knowing Magic and the Lakers front office they are going to have to do everything possible to re-sign IT. I say definitely re-sign him to 1 or 2 years max and then look more towards the FA class of 2019.

No way LeBron will go to LA especially now with IT just getting traded there. The only way LeBron would go to the Lakers would be if they either let IT walk or they trade him again but in the off season.

AllBall
02-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Very well. Someone always overpays for someone like that.

Tg11
02-09-2018, 03:02 PM
Then again which teams can IT really go to? I mean there is the Pistons, Clippers, Timberwolves, Knicks, Nuggets, Hawks, 76ers, Celtics again, Raptors, Heat or even dare I say it the Bucks

Tg11
02-09-2018, 03:03 PM
Out of the teams I just mentioned he would fit really well on the Knicks, Heat or even the Bucks or even the Pistons

Scoots
02-09-2018, 04:39 PM
3 years for $24M total is my guess at the moment. He might actually help his future contract by not playing any more this year.

Tg11
02-09-2018, 06:06 PM
Yeah you are actually right...best thing IT can do is sit out the rest of this season and let his hip actually heal 100 percent. Sitting out the rest of the year can actually help him more than hurt him and then off-season Lakers by re-signing him he comes back the next season in a Laker uniform and just goes off next season back to being the Isaiah of old which would then actually help the Lakers team next season and beyond.

bleedprple&gold
02-09-2018, 06:38 PM
I think IT stays in LA especially considering that this upcoming free agency class in 2018 in the summer is not that loaded with stars. Furthermore, knowing Magic and the Lakers front office they are going to have to do everything possible to re-sign IT. I say definitely re-sign him to 1 or 2 years max and then look more towards the FA class of 2019.

No way LeBron will go to LA especially now with IT just getting traded there. The only way LeBron would go to the Lakers would be if they either let IT walk or they trade him again but in the off season.

The Lakers will have no problem giving IT the boot if Lebron is coming. And Lebron probably only comes with PG. If PG and Lebron both come they won't be able to afford IT anyway.

Bostonjorge
02-09-2018, 06:42 PM
3 years for $24M total is my guess at the moment. He might actually help his future contract by not playing any more this year.

At that price heís worth the risk.

Tg11
02-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Plus I am sure IT won't want to play with LeBron again especially if LeBron does decide to go to the Lakers. As far as PG-13 I think he will stay in OKC but then again I could be wrong. With LeBron even if he does leave Cleveland again a 2nd time I can't see him going to LA given the fact that they have been a losing team for so long. Not to mention LeBron is trying to win titles and with the young core the Lakers have I can't see them winning titles even with just LeBron. No way LeBron leaves the East especially to go to the West because in the East he is guaranteed to get to the Finals every year whereas in the West he won't even get an ideal situation like that.

NetsPaint
02-09-2018, 10:10 PM
Well, Nate Robinson was great in Chicago, then his career changed quickly. Derrick Rose, who averaged 18 pts, 4.4 ast, and 3.8 rbs with the Knicks got a vet minimum contract for the next season. The market has changed. IT, like Rose and Nate, proved they could play well on any team, but depending on their situation such as injuries they might get as low as a vet. minimum.

NetsPaint
02-09-2018, 10:11 PM
With (wait for it)......magic!
heehee

JasonJohnHorn
02-09-2018, 10:25 PM
The reason Boston traded him was becasue there was NO WAY they were going to 'back up the Brinks truck'. They wanted to get something back for him, and they worked out a great deal.

The Cavs only took him because they were getting that first-round pick and thought with Rose/Wade/IT, they could cover the loss of Kyrie until a top-tier draft pick came in or they were able to trade that pick for the PG they wanted.

No other team in the league is going to tie up significant money long-term for this guy. They weren't going to do that, EVEN IF he had stayed healthy.

People say that the Cavs had the second worst defense in the league before he came back. They don't know that they had one of the worst defenses in 25 years with him on the court.

When he was great on offense, he still gave up too much on D. Now that he's not playin well on offense, he'd be lucky to have a job past next season.

The NBA is not kind ot small guards.

Hope he bounces back, but he was never the kid of guy you build around. He's the guy you take when you don't have any other options.

JasonJohnHorn
02-09-2018, 10:29 PM
I year deal with Lakers if they strike out in Free agency this year. 1 year 15 million. Other then that MLE if he signs elsewhere, or 1 year deal from a team with lots of cap for 15 mil.

This is about the size of it. A 15 million expriring (maybe more) that teams could just as trade bait for teams having a fire sale and looking to clear cap space.

FlashBolt
02-09-2018, 10:30 PM
The reason Boston traded him was becasue there was NO WAY they were going to 'back up the Brinks truck'. They wanted to get something back for him, and they worked out a great deal.

The Cavs only took him because they were getting that first-round pick and thought with Rose/Wade/IT, they could cover the loss of Kyrie until a top-tier draft pick came in or they were able to trade that pick for the PG they wanted.

No other team in the league is going to tie up significant money long-term for this guy. They weren't going to do that, EVEN IF he had stayed healthy.

People say that the Cavs had the second worst defense in the league before he came back. They don't know that they had one of the worst defenses in 25 years with him on the court.

When he was great on offense, he still gave up too much on D. Now that he's not playin well on offense, he'd be lucky to have a job past next season.

The NBA is not kind ot small guards.

Hope he bounces back, but he was never the kid of guy you build around. He's the guy you take when you don't have any other options.

yes, and no team will want a guy like him now that he's toxic in the locker room as well. He will get a contract at the mid level but the fact is, with one of the worst NBA seasons by a PG getting that many minutes, he should be smart and take the best offer he can get as soon as free agency starts.

IKnowHoops
02-10-2018, 01:25 AM
Not good. I think 11-12 a year is max. I think his value is 3 mill today. He was at one time worth about 18 per. I think he gets 10 a year

Storch
02-10-2018, 11:35 AM
If he can sign a lou Williams contract with the lakers that would be an amazing trade

WaDe03
02-10-2018, 11:53 AM

Something like this

Vinylman
02-10-2018, 04:02 PM

this site is so bad

IT isn't even a consideration unless the other top FA's turn the Lakers down...

the trade with Cleveland was a straight up salary dump by the Lakers

People are so clueless

Vinylman
02-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Plus I am sure IT won't want to play with LeBron again especially if LeBron does decide to go to the Lakers. As far as PG-13 I think he will stay in OKC but then again I could be wrong. With LeBron even if he does leave Cleveland again a 2nd time I can't see him going to LA given the fact that they have been a losing team for so long. Not to mention LeBron is trying to win titles and with the young core the Lakers have I can't see them winning titles even with just LeBron. No way LeBron leaves the East especially to go to the West because in the East he is guaranteed to get to the Finals every year whereas in the West he won't even get an ideal situation like that.

wow... talk about earth shattering insight...

Captain Obvious in the House

Tg11
02-11-2018, 10:55 AM
Isaiah Thomas with a pretty good scoreline last night with 22 points 6 assists and 1 board all be it in a loss against the Mavs but IT just may be able to get back to being the Isaiah of old out there in Laker Land

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2018, 12:04 PM
He definitely did score well last night and it was fun to watch. Saying that, I barely watched him before but wow he is bad defensively. About 5-6 easy shots that he could have just reached in and fouled instead of watching it go in.

He doesnít have to save his fouls with us lol all I ask of him is to hustle and commit fouls/no easy baskets. Weíll see what he gots for the next 27games.

ewing
02-11-2018, 12:10 PM
Heíll get underpaid again and be an asset to someone

Vee-Rex
02-11-2018, 03:38 PM
He definitely did score well last night and it was fun to watch. Saying that, I barely watched him before but wow he is bad defensively. About 5-6 easy shots that he could have just reached in and fouled instead of watching it go in.

He doesnít have to save his fouls with us lol all I ask of him is to hustle and commit fouls/no easy baskets. Weíll see what he gots for the next 27games.

He had five fouls.

But yeah, I felt the same way when he played for us. At least his scoring and efficiency should improve for you guys.

PewPew
02-11-2018, 05:52 PM
You cant win with him (Stevens did a tremendous job hiding his defensive flaws), thats why he always gets shipped. He's just to short. As a 6th man he's best suited in the long run.

Jeffy25
02-11-2018, 06:04 PM
I think a lot of teams would be happy to have IT as their 6th man, first guard off the bench.

The problem is that IT think he's a 30 PPG kind of scoring guard....

Can't defend, fairly emotional, one trick pony on offense (scoring). That doesn't have enough value.

I can see someone giving him that max deal, but it won't be a contending team. It'll be someone like the Mavs, Hawks, or Kings that have space and can't entice an elite free agent like George or Bron.

Which would be like $150M....which is way too much for him.

But I can see the Kings handing that to him for example.

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2018, 07:42 PM
He had five fouls.

But yeah, I felt the same way when he played for us. At least his scoring and efficiency should improve for you guys.

yea I know but meant using them in a much better way, not flaming out in the last 4m of the game...

GREATNESS ONE
02-11-2018, 07:48 PM
He had five fouls.

yea I know but meant using them in a much better way, not flaming out in the last 4m of the game...

just looked 5:06 left, he had 3 fouls, 2to 0-2.... He's definitely a fun player, would love to S&T him to a team that wants him like a Hawks, Bucks, Kings, NYK etc.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-11-2018, 07:49 PM
He'll be taking a BBC.

Scoots
02-11-2018, 11:42 PM
He'll be taking a BBC.

???

GREATNESS ONE
02-12-2018, 12:25 AM
???

Lol you know what he said. Idk why he said it but he did

Scoots
02-12-2018, 12:37 AM

I choose to believe he was talking about the British Broadcasting Corporation.

GREATNESS ONE
02-12-2018, 12:51 AM

:laugh2:

More-Than-Most
02-12-2018, 01:10 AM

:laugh:

Leftcoast_yg
02-12-2018, 01:48 AM
I feel that he might be stuck on taking a 1 year + player option deal at around 17-20 mil. A bit Similar to what the Lakers did with Caldwell-Pope(I think it was him), but . Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to get back to how he used to be. Whether that might have to do with Cleveland's current play style or not, he's still shooting the ball pretty badly. I feel that a team would give him a shot after he has a full off-season to recuperate (maybe he rushed back too fast?).

Though if Lebron decides to leave, I can see Gilbert impulse signing Thomas to a larger deal (like Lowry's) in order to keep someone that he could try to sell to the fans on. I don't see anyone giving him the max. Man how things change huh, I still remember wondering what exactly Boston was doing :laugh2:

All in all, I don't really see him leaving Cleveland because, as you said, most of the teams near the top have their point guard; and many of the lower teams are either (a) trying to develop their own point guard, or (b) don't want a guy who they feel might cost them balls in the lottery.

Though, the idea of a fully healthy Thomas in NO is interesting :laugh2:

Good post I feel the same of IT as far as him getting a contract for 1 year for a 2nd chance to get a max deal.

More-Than-Most
02-12-2018, 02:00 AM
this is the worst thing that could have happened to the lakers... meaning... they are screwed either way... if IT plays they are screwed because he takes shot from guys who need shots... if IT plays great magic will want to sign him long term and well LMFAO... If IT fails miserably the lakers look terrible and free agents wont want to go... IT IS TRASH... Why is this so hard to see. There is no good route with IT nomatter the contract he signs. I wouldnt want him on my team at the league minimum.

Lakers + Giants
02-12-2018, 04:49 AM
this is the worst thing that could have happened to the lakers... meaning... they are screwed either way... if IT plays they are screwed because he takes shot from guys who need shots... if IT plays great magic will want to sign him long term and well LMFAO... If IT fails miserably the lakers look terrible and free agents wont want to go... IT IS TRASH... Why is this so hard to see. There is no good route with IT nomatter the contract he signs. I wouldnt want him on my team at the league minimum.

TBH you think everything is bad for the lakers. When I saw you post this exact same thing in the IT to lakers trade thread I just started laughing. Everyone has said how this is a great move for us because it gives us a chance at signing two maxes. You sit here and act like we're keeping IT or he's gonna hurt our team. You realize he's just an expiring for us right that's it.

IF we strike out in FA then yea we might re-sign him to a 1 year deal but he'll be coming off the bench anyway. "Yo, IT wont come off the bench", then he won't get an offer from us. If he sings its as a 6th man, and no he's not hurting the development of our players when we don't have a backup PG anyway. Who's growth is he stunting? Carusos? Ennis? He's taking clarksons 13 FGA per game, i don't mind that at all. Stop overreacting and making up BS.

More-Than-Most
02-12-2018, 05:41 AM
TBH you think everything is bad for the lakers. When I saw you post this exact same thing in the IT to lakers trade thread I just started laughing. Everyone has said how this is a great move for us because it gives us a chance at signing two maxes. You sit here and act like we're keeping IT or he's gonna hurt our team. You realize he's just an expiring for us right that's it.

IF we strike out in FA then yea we might re-sign him to a 1 year deal but he'll be coming off the bench anyway. "Yo, IT wont come off the bench", then he won't get an offer from us. If he sings its as a 6th man, and no he's not hurting the development of our players when we don't have a backup PG anyway. Who's growth is he stunting? Carusos? Ennis? He's taking clarksons 13 FGA per game, i don't mind that at all. Stop overreacting and making up BS.

Except I am high on ingram... I love kuzma... I like randle and I loved Clarksons contract and nance... I have hated IT before he became a laker because he is trash.. Your fanbase cant take any type of negative talk about your players unless they leave your team -DLO-

I didnt like walton as a signing... I dont like that you guys got a no defense playing cancer like IT while giving up clarkson.. Yes clarkson allows you guys to offer 2 max contracts in free agency but the fact of the matter is no top free agents have been wanting to come there because you have Kuzma/Ingram and not much else on top of not having your 2nd pick this year and losing randle most likely... You are gutting your team in randle/clarkson/nance for a chance at 2 free agents which is insanely stupid because Cousins is broken now and PG13 will likely stay with westy and Lebron isnt coming there.

So yes you can like the deal because it nets you the chance to get 2 max contracts but the second no free agents come there or the second IT gets signed down to your team long term this trade then becomes trash because you shipped out 2 of your young cost friendly assets... I get called a laker hater much like Hawkeye but i was everyones best friend in there when I was loving ingram/DLO etc etc etc. Like I said you guys cant take anything negative.. As soon as a player comes to your squad he is the 2nd coming or its a great deal.. You guys actually tried to justify mosgov as a good signing when it happened... You love your team and that is amazing but you dont have to love every single thing your team does... Thomas is trash.. Clarkson and Nance were good young players... as long as you dont sign IT long term and you get top free agents its a win but that is a ton to bank on.

Lakers + Giants
02-12-2018, 06:30 AM
Except I am high on ingram... I love kuzma... I like randle and I loved Clarksons contract and nance... I have hated IT before he became a laker because he is trash.. Your fanbase cant take any type of negative talk about your players unless they leave your team -DLO-

I didnt like walton as a signing... I dont like that you guys got a no defense playing cancer like IT while giving up clarkson.. Yes clarkson allows you guys to offer 2 max contracts in free agency but the fact of the matter is no top free agents have been wanting to come there because you have Kuzma/Ingram and not much else on top of not having your 2nd pick this year and losing randle most likely... You are gutting your team in randle/clarkson/nance for a chance at 2 free agents which is insanely stupid because Cousins is broken now and PG13 will likely stay with westy and Lebron isnt coming there.

So yes you can like the deal because it nets you the chance to get 2 max contracts but the second no free agents come there or the second IT gets signed down to your team long term this trade then becomes trash because you shipped out 2 of your young cost friendly assets... I get called a laker hater much like Hawkeye but i was everyones best friend in there when I was loving ingram/DLO etc etc etc. Like I said you guys cant take anything negative.. As soon as a player comes to your squad he is the 2nd coming or its a great deal.. You guys actually tried to justify mosgov as a good signing when it happened... You love your team and that is amazing but you dont have to love every single thing your team does... Thomas is trash.. Clarkson and Nance were good young players... as long as you dont sign IT long term and you get top free agents its a win but that is a ton to bank on.

So you're basing youre dislike of this trade on the possibility of us potentially signing IT long term, do you realize how ridiculous that sounds. The trade was meant to clear up cap space for 2 Max FAs. I'm not saying they're going to come here, im just saying what the thought process is behind the trade. Not guaranteed they come but now we at least have the option of doing so. You are acting like we already locked up IT long term. There has been zero indication to lead anyone to believe he's staying here longterm but since you say we might do it, you hate the trade for us and feel bad for us, that's ridiculous. All these scenarios are only going on in your head...

You're also grouping us all together. For every laker fan that defended the Deng/Mozgov signing there was another 2 criticizing it as well.... you can't group everyone up and act like everyone liked it...

D'lo was hated by half our fan base after the nick young incident. I personally said I still wanted him to stay. But you're absolutely wrong saying we started ripping D'lo right after he left. Half our forum hated him as soon as the incident became news.

Also, ALL intense fan bases act like whichever player they got is better than they actually are. There's still a large amount of us that don't like those players you think we like. Even IT alone got so much hate after his 1st game, I was one of those saying I hated him too.

As for the trade itself, Clarkson was going to stunt the growth of Hart. Our FO has seen enough to determine Clarksons contract had to go. Hart is just as good a shooter (more efficient actually), a better defender, and compliments our team better as well. We made the correct and logical choice.

Hawkeye gets called a kobe hater more than a laker hater. If he gets called a laker hater its because of his dislike for kobe, which well, most kobe fans were laker fans... I never viewed him as such because I also saw the posts where he said he had respect for our franchise. Obviously, some laker fans choose to ignore those posts, I wasn't one of those.

You on the other hand criticize every single move the lakers make with no substance other than what YOU believe. Like you believing IT is here longterm. There's been nothing to lead anyone to believe that, but since you said it, it's going to happen?! Cmon now..

More-Than-Most
02-12-2018, 06:40 AM
So you're basing youre dislike of this trade on the possibility of us potentially signing IT long term, do you realize how ridiculous that sounds. The trade was meant to clear up cap space for 2 Max FAs. I'm not saying they're going to come here, im just saying what the thought process is behind the trade. Not guaranteed they come but now we at least have the option of doing so. You are acting like we already locked up IT long term. There has been zero indication to lead anyone to believe he's staying here longterm but since you say we might do it, you hate the trade for us and feel bad for us, that's ridiculous. All these scenarios are only going on in your head...

You're also grouping us all together. For every laker fan that defended the Deng/Mozgov signing there was another 2 criticizing it as well.... you can't group everyone up and act like everyone liked it...

D'lo was hated by half our fan base after the nick young incident. I personally said I still wanted him to stay. But you're absolutely wrong saying we started ripping D'lo right after he left. Half our forum hated him as soon as the incident became news.

Also, ALL intense fan bases act like whichever player they got is better than they actually are. There's still a large amount of us that don't like those players you think we like. Even IT alone got so much hate after his 1st game, I was one of those saying I hated him too.

As for the trade itself, Clarkson was going to stunt the growth of Hart. Our FO has seen enough to determine Clarksons contract had to go. Hart is just as good a shooter (more efficient actually), a better defender, and compliments our team better as well. We made the correct and logical choice.

Hawkeye gets called a kobe hater more than a laker hater. If he gets called a laker hater its because of his dislike for kobe, which well, most kobe fans were laker fans... I never viewed him as such because I also saw the posts where he said he had respect for our franchise. Obviously, some laker fans choose to ignore those posts, I wasn't one of those.

You on the other hand criticize every single move the lakers make with no substance other than what YOU believe. Like you believing IT is here longterm. There's been nothing to lead anyone to believe that, but since you said it, it's going to happen?! Cmon now..

its not just IT being here long term but getting rid of DLO/Nance/Clarkson... that is 3 young guys to free up payroll in hopes of free agents coming with randle being the next guy likely out.... that to me is just silly... i hope they do come because the nba needs the knicks/lakers to be good.

Lakers + Giants
02-12-2018, 06:54 AM
You can't tell me shedding Mozgovs contract while getting Kuz back in the process wasn't worth it tho. Even if no FA comes we had to get rid of that horrible contract.

Our new GM had to fix the mistake our previous GM made. Id say he did well.

Nance became dispensable after Kuz started showing potential. Same thing happened to JC with Hart.

The reality is we haven't even talked about ITs next contract, so no way we can consider this a loss. Even if no FAs come.

Until I see us hand out another Deng/Mozgov style contract then this deal makes a lot of sense for us.

Vinylman
02-12-2018, 08:10 AM

check it out... chicken little entered the forum

the sky is falling the sky is falling

KingstonHawke
02-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Lakers gone overpay him and move Lonzo to SG. They gone pretend like they love him and wanted him the whole time, but really it's just going to be them trying to save face after LeBron and PG stay put.

GREATNESS ONE
02-12-2018, 02:27 PM
:laugh2: LG dust your shoulders off playa!

Raps18-19 Champ
02-12-2018, 09:24 PM
???

A big black ****.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-12-2018, 09:30 PM

He's taking a Blonde Bomber (aka Dirk) Contract from Dallas.

2 year deal for cheap with a PO in the 2nd year. He can build up his value and play for a respected team.

C- Dirk
F- Porter
F- Barnes
G- DSJ
G- IT