PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James has 1 out

More-Than-Most
02-08-2018, 02:50 AM
Lebron offering to not wave his no trade is making me wonder... I get it because if I am lebron I wouldnt want to be traded to a team that will have to get rid of the moon to get me so that part I understand... The one thing I think is being overlooked is if he actually wants to stay in cleveland why not just wave your no trade clause? Let the cavs get a kings ransom and just come back as a free agent to a much better more high upside team... If you are lebron why would you not do this? Him waving his trade clause literally gives him every out possible...On top of him helping the cavs get great he could get his 1 and final out where nobody could fault him for going to a contender once he is traded. Its mind boggling to me that players dont think about this kind of stuff.

If I am lebron and I really want to be in cleveland i tell them to trade me for the moon and I will see you in a few months when i come back in free agency :shrug:

LOb0
02-08-2018, 03:08 AM
If he's traded for "the moon" the team he's going to will be depleted. More so, what's the best offer you're getting for half a season of LeBron? Then he has to deal with the insane media circus.

It's just not worth it.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 03:20 AM
Because that is how you ruin your image... The amount of distrust and hate you will get around the league just based off of morality is not something a guy like Lebron should tarnish his legacy for. I mean, even with DJ changing his mind with Dallas was frowned upon. At the end of the day, NBA owners and management are making business deals and if one guy is trying to one-up them, they'll remember that.

FOXHOUND
02-08-2018, 03:30 AM
There is a salary cap with rules on trades and LeBron James currently makes $33,285,709.

mrblisterdundee
02-08-2018, 03:30 AM
Maybe LeBron doesn't want to swindle another team to help Dan Gilbert. If he waives the clause and goes somewhere, that means he plans to stay there. He's not coming back so soon from Houston or Los Angeles, or even Toronto if he accepted a trade there. That'd be pretty cool, right? You're close to Ohio for visits, but you can live somewhere much nicer like Toronto. You can bring Canada its first NBA championship in the province where James Naismith created the sport.
They're waiting with hot cocoa and Tim Horton's:
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/drake-toronto.jpg

Heediot
02-08-2018, 07:50 AM
No need to panic. The DJ trade will still be there via sign and trade in the offseason. A PG trade will still be there in the offseason. I think this is being looked by casual fans who want the Cavs to panic and make a trade. If Bron wants to stay there are still options in the offseason as well.

valade16
02-08-2018, 01:09 PM
I have no idea where LeBron could even go in FA at this point. Rumors are Lakers are gearing up for 2019 FA and there are very few other places that have enough cap to sign James, certainly none that are contenders right now.

As much as I hate to say it, I could really see him going to Philly (which would make Philly fans on here absolutely insufferable), but I can't see another team that he would go to that has as much talent as Philly or has cap room.

tredigs
02-08-2018, 01:16 PM
IT traded to the Lakers! :laugh:

Going with Frye and the CAVS 1st (not Brooklyn) for Clarkson and Nance.

Jamiecballer
02-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Lebron offering to not wave his no trade is making me wonder... I get it because if I am lebron I wouldnt want to be traded to a team that will have to get rid of the moon to get me so that part I understand... The one thing I think is being overlooked is if he actually wants to stay in cleveland why not just wave your no trade clause? Let the cavs get a kings ransom and just come back as a free agent to a much better more high upside team... If you are lebron why would you not do this? Him waving his trade clause literally gives him every out possible...On top of him helping the cavs get great he could get his 1 and final out where nobody could fault him for going to a contender once he is traded. Its mind boggling to me that players dont think about this kind of stuff.

If I am lebron and I really want to be in cleveland i tell them to trade me for the moon and I will see you in a few months when i come back in free agency :shrug:Thats not helping his legacy or his rep whatsoever. Is he trying to one-up Durant?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk