PDA

View Full Version : LeBron is not a leader this year

LaVar Ball
02-04-2018, 01:45 PM
For the first time in his career, LeBron is not acting like a leader.

Every post game I hear comments from him like last night:

ďI show up to work every day. I bust my tail every day. I'm the first one to get to the gym and I'm one of the last ones to leave," James said. "I do my part. I control what I can control, and that is what I can control."

Heís only out for himself. Lest he knows that his part is to lead the team.

Has LeBron officially become a true Robin in terms of mentality?

cmellofan15
02-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Is it hard to type with tears all over your keyboard?

CityofTreez
02-04-2018, 01:53 PM
LaVar Ball is dumb and so is this shill.

LaVar Ball
02-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Is it hard to type with tears all over your keyboard?

What? I donít follow.

LaVar Ball
02-04-2018, 01:57 PM
LaVar Ball is dumb and so is this shill.

I agree. The real LaVar Ball is dumb.

I sure hope you donít mean me tho. ;(

LOb0
02-04-2018, 02:12 PM
LeBron knows this season is a wash and has checked out. But you're right, this isn't very leader like. He's just kinda saying **** it.

GREATNESS ONE
02-04-2018, 02:15 PM
I agree. The real LaVar Ball is dumb.

I sure hope you donít mean me tho. ;(
Not you Doc :)

Texan_Rocket
02-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Anyone think that last night was enough to sway LeBron to ty to force a sign and trade to Houston in the summer?

TrueFan420
02-04-2018, 03:26 PM
Anyone think that last night was enough to sway LeBron to ty to force a sign and trade to Houston in the summer?

I doubt Gilbert will want to help Bron leave and Houston doesn't have the assets to convince him to help.

LaVar Ball
02-04-2018, 03:26 PM
Not you Doc :)

Ah thanks Chef!

nastynice
02-04-2018, 03:33 PM
I think LeBron himself is getting worn out from the LeBron drama show. There's always a million questions surrounding his team, I'm sure anyone would get sick of it

I also think part of it is just pressure tactics, which is something just about every super star does to their fo

Cal827
02-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Lavar Ball has spoken, and again it's all truth :laugh2:

Lebron can definitely help calm the drama, but instead he adds on to it whether it it's with a random instagram account right after a difficult game, his questionable comments towards the media (Mainly the constant talk about himself), or his random abandoning of defense this year.

He's the guy who usually eliminates social media around playoff time, so he can focus on them right? Well, if I were him, I might consider doing that right after all star break. The Cavs aren't exactly in a good position, and the Eastern Conference is relatively deep this year. If they lose their next two games, they could possibly fall to 7th place in the East. And while Lebron James is the best player in the East, it'll likely be much harder to come out if they have to start off on the road. If you're still working out the kinks, you probably wouldn't want to face a team (as of right now, Toronto or Boston), who have things set, to open your post season.

Pfeifer
02-04-2018, 04:16 PM
This is nothing new. Hes only been considered a leader because hes the best on the planet. Always done things like run off at the end of a loss like a baby. He seems like a crappy teammate tbh. Id still have him on my team anyday lol. I really hated his shout out to himself about his points milestone as well.

Scoots
02-04-2018, 05:42 PM
LeBron knows this season is a wash and has checked out. But you're right, this isn't very leader like. He's just kinda saying f*ćk it.

Everything I hear from LeBron sounds like just him setting it up so he can say "I didn't have any help" and people will subconsciously just think "yeah, he didn't have any help".

flea
02-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Everything I hear from LeBron sounds like just him setting it up so he can say "I didn't have any help" and people will subconsciously just think "yeah, he didn't have any help".

The motto for Lebron's career is "he needs more help." You'd think the guy was on welfare with 25 kids to different mothers or something, rather than an NBA superstar that has team-hopped and gotten coaches fired because he wants to be handed everything.

Also, thread is pointless because Lebron has never been a good leader. It's fine, I think MJ is overrated as a leader to and now ever superstar is a leader but Lebron definitely isn't one.

Texan_Rocket
02-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Thatís fine, come to Houston for the minimum and let Harden and Paul be the leaders.

Chronz
02-04-2018, 07:07 PM
The motto for Lebron's career is "he needs more help." You'd think the guy was on welfare with 25 kids to different mothers or something, rather than an NBA superstar that has team-hopped and gotten coaches fired because he wants to be handed everything.

Also, thread is pointless because Lebron has never been a good leader. It's fine, I think MJ is overrated as a leader to and now ever superstar is a leader but Lebron definitely isn't one.
He's literally saved teammates lives and careers.
That He doesn't have enough help doesn't change ****

Scoots
02-04-2018, 07:46 PM
He's literally saved teammates lives and careers.
That He doesn't have enough help doesn't change ****

Not joking ... who's life was saved by LeBron??

TrueFan420
02-04-2018, 07:52 PM

Because apparently enough people don't know the difference between litterally and figuratively the definition was changed.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/living/literally-definition/index.html

Crazy

Chronz
02-04-2018, 09:12 PM

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/06/delonte_west_lebron_james_clev.html

Heard other stories of his heroism too

Chronz
02-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Because apparently enough people don't know the difference between litterally and figuratively the definition was changed.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/living/literally-definition/index.html

Crazy
If the definition changed, you're now the one misusing the word. Luckily I never consented. You're literally wrong and you've figuratively put your foot in your mouth

Dade County
02-04-2018, 09:50 PM
Lbj is just upset that his mind games isn't working on Gilbert.

This is the team he is stuck with because Gilbert is content with one championship, also Lbj can't complain, he is the one not committing to the Cav's long term. So why would the Cav's operate as if he is going to be there.

Lbj should just go to the front office 24hrs before the trade deadline ends and say; this is the two teams I would like to play out the rest of the year with. If Dan wants to get something for him, then they move him, if not, Cleveland enjoys going to the Final's again & the Warriors win another championship.

Scoots
02-04-2018, 10:24 PM
If the definition changed, you're now the one misusing the word. Luckily I never consented. You're literally wrong and you've figuratively put your foot in your mouth

I'm fine with language changing, there's no stopping it ... but changing "literally" to imply emphasis does bug me. It's the same thing that happened to "really" and "totally" ... I guess "actually" is going to be the next to fall.

That story is not about LeBron saving anyone's life, it's about him being a good supported dude which is nice enough.

Scoots
02-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Lbj can't complain

The next person I see who can't complain will be the first.

Chronz
02-04-2018, 10:42 PM
I'm fine with language changing, there's no stopping it ... but changing "literally" to imply emphasis does bug me. It's the same thing that happened to "really" and "totally" ... I guess "actually" is going to be the next to fall.

That story is not about LeBron saving anyone's life, it's about him being a good supported dude which is nice enough.
It's wrong to allow it.

Really how so? Delonte knows his life

Chronz
02-04-2018, 10:42 PM
The next person I see who can't complain will be the first.

Bill Russell in basketball

Not at life

Scoots
02-05-2018, 10:21 AM
It's wrong to allow it.

Really how so? Delonte knows his life

I don't understand what you mean by "It's wrong to allow it"?

Delonte was actually quoted as saying "I don't know what would have happened" ... so he doesn't know his life by his own words. No doubt LeBron helped him and Delonte appreciates him for it, and I do too.

Scoots
02-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Bill Russell in basketball

Not at life

Bill Russell has complained about basketball plenty.

TrueFan420
02-05-2018, 11:48 AM
Well seeing as I'm not using the word there I'm neither litterally wrong or figuratively putting my foot anywhere. Simply pointing out to scoots the definition has changed. The hate in you is strong though. You should get that looked at.

KnicksorBust
02-05-2018, 12:30 PM
This is nothing new. Hes only been considered a leader because hes the best on the planet. Always done things like run off at the end of a loss like a baby. He seems like a crappy teammate tbh. Id still have him on my team anyday lol. I really hated his shout out to himself about his points milestone as well.

This is my first reaction as well. LeBron's comments don't seem out of character for him at all. That's always how he talks.

I don't read it that way at all. Imagine being asked hundreds of times about your team. It just sounds like a dead pan generic sports answer. He doesn't want to call out teammates right now so he went with the tunnel vision answer. "I'll continue to do my best."

I don't think any of us really know that for sure. I think he's a passive aggressive complainer in the media but the impression that I get is that he's actually an awesome teammate. This is going back a while but I remember when LeBron and his teammates used to do fake photo shoots before games. Those guys loved each other and LeBron was at the front of it all. I really think he tries to make his teams feel like a family. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my gut call.

Well seeing as I'm not using the word there I'm neither litterally wrong or figuratively putting my foot anywhere. Simply pointing out to scoots the definition has changed. The hate in you is strong though. You should get that looked at.

You wanna nitpick about the use of the word literally and then you use the word "hate" to describe an internet post about wordplay. :rolleyes: I'm afraid to call that hyperbole for fear that you will come after me.

TrueFan420
02-05-2018, 01:15 PM
You wanna nitpick about the use of the word literally and then you use the word "hate" to describe an internet post about wordplay. :rolleyes: I'm afraid to call that hyperbole for fear that you will come after me.

I mean I'm not really nitpicking am I? I just brough up the fact that the words definition was changed when another poster questioned his use of litterally.

It's certainly an exaggeration. Defensive would have been the better use. But Chronz has been throwing a lot of shade around.

effen5
02-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Lebron is overrated.

Scoots
02-05-2018, 08:32 PM
I mean I'm not really nitpicking am I? I just brough up the fact that the words definition was changed when another poster questioned his use of litterally.

It's certainly an exaggeration. Defensive would have been the better use. But Chronz has been throwing a lot of shade around.

Which other poster questioned his use of literally?

JordansBulls
02-05-2018, 11:58 PM
As a huge Lebron fan I agree.

LaVar Ball
02-07-2018, 10:56 AM
The difference between Kobe and LeBron is that when Kobe had the sharpest knives in the drawer, heíd never have his team underperforming and tearing up the team. Even with his disputes with Shaq the Lakers were still winning and coming together as a group.

LeBron is experienced enough after 15 years not to be keeping this team together. Heís seen it all and itís a shame heís allowed it to come to this. Part of the responsibility of being the best player in the world is also being the greatest leader.

COOLbeans
02-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Can the notion finally be put to rest that LeBron is at best a top 8 player and not in the top 5? None of those top 5 guys have ever had these kind of leadership problems nor did they flee to greener pastures once times got tough.

Heís in for the long haul (this season)

FlashBolt
02-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Can the notion finally be put to rest that LeBron is at best a top 8 player and not in the top 5? None of those top 5 guys have ever had these kind of leadership problems nor did they flee to greener pastures once times got tough.

Heís in for the long haul (this season)

None of the top five guys currently have accomplished more than LeBron and for all this leadership talk, you have a few of them (outside of maybe Curry), who were never taken as a leader.

1) KD doesn't even want to be a leader as he admitted himself.
2) Harden has been a poor leader in the playoffs and would disappear when his team needed him.
3) Kawhi is.. well, we all know Pop is the leader there.
4) Curry deserves a tremendous amount of respect for the Warriors culture but his leadership has been questionable as Draymond is usually looked at as the "voice" of the team and energy guy.
5) Russell Westbrook. This guy ain't a leader, period. Definitely an alpha-persona but he really hasn't shown anything other than that.

So really, this usage of the word leader is situational. What we do know is that LeBron has been in seven straight NBA Finals and that's not a coincidence. Not sure how he can make IT score more efficiently or J.R. to take the games more serious but this was way past saving once IT opened his mouth about Kevin Love faking an illness.

Jamiecballer
02-07-2018, 05:13 PM

Heís in for the long haul (this season)Could you restate this in clearer terms? I can't tell if this is criticism or praise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

COOLbeans
02-07-2018, 06:21 PM
Could you restate this in clearer terms? I can't tell if this is criticism or praise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Itís praise coming from me since I had him at 11 before this season. Iíve come to terms now that heís a definite top 10 guy (even though I think the leagues drastic changes affecting defenders makes the game easier for great players to put up numbers).

Top 8 is reasonable, but the game was so much tougher a decade or so ago, and Jordan, Wilt, Shaq, Kareem and Magic/Russel/Hakeem/Robertson are simply too good not consider in the top 5.

COOLbeans
02-07-2018, 06:27 PM
None of the top five guys currently have accomplished more than LeBron and for all this leadership talk, you have a few of them (outside of maybe Curry), who were never taken as a leader.

1) KD doesn't even want to be a leader as he admitted himself.
2) Harden has been a poor leader in the playoffs and would disappear when his team needed him.
3) Kawhi is.. well, we all know Pop is the leader there.
4) Curry deserves a tremendous amount of respect for the Warriors culture but his leadership has been questionable as Draymond is usually looked at as the "voice" of the team and energy guy.
5) Russell Westbrook. This guy ain't a leader, period. Definitely an alpha-persona but he really hasn't shown anything other than that.

So really, this usage of the word leader is situational. What we do know is that LeBron has been in seven straight NBA Finals and that's not a coincidence. Not sure how he can make IT score more efficiently or J.R. to take the games more serious but this was way past saving once IT opened his mouth about Kevin Love faking an illness.

Thomas is what we all knew he was. Not a HOF player, but a good one. Kyrie is a HOF player barring injuries. LeBron is a decent leader but there were leadership and alpha issues in Miami as well.

Though Draymond is the voice of the Warriors, the engine of the Warriors is Steph Curry, and Curry exhibited great leadership by taking much less than what he couldíve gotten with another team despite his ankle problems. I also think he couldíve milked the Warriors if he wanted to, this was a win win since Curry just wanted to win (after being on losing teams his first couple of years in the league). Curry also ignored Monta Ellis after dude basically said Curry was too small to play with his greatness. Curry just got better and stayed humble.

Curry has proven to be great leader by his play prior to whenís Durant got there, and IMO Draymond couldnít be himself without an egoless, hardworking player like Curry. He set the atmosphere from day 1 (after Monta left) on the culture of the Warriors. Durant also has leadership issues and so does Draymond give. His attitude and inability to be quiet and lead by example has cost the dubs games. (Edit to finish sentence)

nastynice
02-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Thomas is what we all knew he was. Not a HOF player, but a good one. Kyrie is a HOF player barring injuries. LeBron is a decent leader but there were leadership and alpha issues in Miami as well.

Though Draymond is the voice of the Warriors, the engine of the Warriors is Steph Curry, and Curry exhibited great leadership by taking much less than what he couldíve gotten with another team despite his ankle problems.

Curry has proven to be great leader by his play prior to whenís Durant got there, and IMO Draymond couldnít be himself without an egoless, hardworking player like Curry. He set the atmosphere from day 1 (after Monta left) on the culture of the Warriors. Durant also has leadership issues and so does Draymond give. His attitude and inability to be quiet and lead by example

Yea, curry is def the leader of this team. Draymond is louder and in your face, so sometimes it looks like he's the leader, but thats a role.

Warriors are the warriors because of curry, he's def the one who set the culture

FOXHOUND
02-07-2018, 06:35 PM
LeBron has gone full Danny Glover, this season.

nastynice
02-07-2018, 06:44 PM
LeBron has gone full Danny Glover, this season.

Haha, what's that mean?

FOXHOUND
02-07-2018, 06:52 PM
Haha, what's that mean?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3b1JW7LxfsAKs/giphy-downsized-large.gif

nastynice
02-07-2018, 07:08 PM
lol :cheers:

FlashBolt
02-07-2018, 07:48 PM

Though Draymond is the voice of the Warriors, the engine of the Warriors is Steph Curry, and Curry exhibited great leadership by taking much less than what he couldíve gotten with another team despite his ankle problems. I also think he couldíve milked the Warriors if he wanted to, this was a win win since Curry just wanted to win (after being on losing teams his first couple of years in the league). Curry also ignored Monta Ellis after dude basically said Curry was too small to play with his greatness. Curry just got better and stayed humble.

Curry has proven to be great leader by his play prior to whenís Durant got there, and IMO Draymond couldnít be himself without an egoless, hardworking player like Curry. He set the atmosphere from day 1 (after Monta left) on the culture of the Warriors. Durant also has leadership issues and so does Draymond give. His attitude and inability to be quiet and lead by example has cost the dubs games. (Edit to finish sentence)

We can disagree on the leadership part. LeBron has to take some blame for his own play but some things just can't be repaired by a leader. Management trumps all when they want to.

COOLbeans
02-07-2018, 09:12 PM
We can disagree on the leadership part. LeBron has to take some blame for his own play but some things just can't be repaired by a leader. Management trumps all when they want to.

Although I wasnít surprised when reports came out that Gilbert wasnít talking to LeBron, I was still appalled that the owner doesnít have enough class to respect his cash cow and one of the greatest ever. He has a massive ego and is very sensitive. But so does LeBron. This ones on Gilbert though youíre right, it starts at the top

Dade County
02-08-2018, 11:04 AM
I'm a little surprised that more people are not noticing this (but should I be?).

Lbj is clearly not playing on both ends (somethings he did in Miami, when we would lose to teams we should not have lost too). IT and other teammates have stated, that Lbj is padding his states and also by making passes late in the shot clock; so his teammates have nothing else too do, but just shoot, in essence, making the offense stagnant. Not playing defense, acting like he doesn't no the defensive rotation...etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmFNPABz1bE&t=482s

I know that more media personalities see whats going on, but just not report it. I'm jus hear to point out, that Lbj has been doing this for years.

He is trying to force the front office into making a trade that will help out for this season. But thats not going to happen.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Bad teams are always eventually the fault of ownership. No amount of talent can overcome bad ownership in the long run.

Ahriman
02-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Bad teams are always eventually the fault of ownership. No amount of talent can overcome bad ownership in the long run.

Both are at fault there. LeBron wanted a puppet coach, whom he got in Lue. But now the guy has no clue on how to manage the team