PDA

View Full Version : Kerr with the burner account too?

Htownballa1622
02-02-2018, 12:42 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-kerr-tweets-deletes-comment-critiquing-james-harden-nba-officials-155443662.html

Kerr responded to TNT's tweet about Harden

Did Kerr accidently tweet from his own account? Do you think he has a point? Do you think Kerr has room to talk when Steph does the same step back or since his teams thrive off illegal screens?

Thoughts?

hugepatsfan
02-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Maybe it was KD from Kerr's account

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Lmao!

Htownballa1622
02-02-2018, 01:04 PM
Maybe it was KD from Kerr's account

Inception

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Burner account power rankings:

KD
Skip Bayless
Steve Kerr

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 01:18 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-kerr-tweets-deletes-comment-critiquing-james-harden-nba-officials-155443662.html

Kerr responded to TNT's tweet about Harden

Did Kerr accidently tweet from his own account? Do you think he has a point? Do you think Kerr has room to talk when Steph does the same step back or since his teams thrive off illegal screens?

Thoughts?

They aren't illegal screens but they are manipulating the rule. Kerr is a clown. Total unprofessional when his team is constantly crying about every little thing.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Lmfao has there been a bigger ***** top team of all time than this team? This team was fine before KD came along. Curry, Klay, and Draymond must be disgusted

SfgiantsJD3
02-02-2018, 02:17 PM
Burner account power rankings:

KD
Skip Bayless
Steve Kerr

The other 300+ NBA players that only use their burner accounts for hookers and blow

Saddletramp
02-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Either he's a hypocrite or he uses fake accounts, too. Either way, not surprising. The dopey get dopier.

OceanSpray
02-02-2018, 02:29 PM
No wonder Chris Paul laughed at him.

TrueFan420
02-02-2018, 03:05 PM
I don't see how this would be a fake account. He likely tweeted what he felt and then took it down because either he realized that he as a coach has to be PC about his social media comments or someone from the warriors org social media department saw it and told him to take down.

kdspurman
02-02-2018, 03:15 PM
I don't see how this would be a fake account. He likely tweeted what he felt and then took it down because either he realized that he as a coach has to be PC about his social media comments or someone from the warriors org social media department saw it and told him to take down.

That's kinda what I thought initially as well.

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 03:22 PM
[

That's kinda what I thought initially as well.

Either way, it's a d-bag move. You think Kerr will say that in front of Harden?

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 03:24 PM
[

He definitely thought he was on his burner account.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-02-2018, 03:30 PM

Probably true but just the premise of him commenting on the Rockets and Harden is hilarious. He especially should also have a larger filter bc not only is he the head coach of GS, but after that whole KD multiple account fiasco

Htownballa1622
02-02-2018, 03:50 PM

That almost might be worse.

Talk about lack of self awareness. Golden State doesn't do too well in those departments these days.

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 03:58 PM
He said it was supposed to be a DM lol

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Harden did travel, though. Enough to where LMA jumps up expecting him to be at that spot but because of that extra step, he's nowhere near the shot. Just don't see why he has to bring it up when he's got a team that does some really weird stuff and gets away with it.

kdspurman
02-02-2018, 04:04 PM
:whistle:

kdspurman
02-02-2018, 04:06 PM
[

If it's true what he said about it meaning to be private (which makes sense) then I don't know if it's a big deal. I think coaches probably talk about the games just like fans do. Sure it's hypocritical, but that's what coaches/players do lol. They argue for calls they want and complain if the opposition gets em

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 04:08 PM
If it's true what he said about it meaning to be private (which makes sense) then I don't know if it's a big deal. I think coaches probably talk about the games just like fans do. Sure it's hypocritical, but that's what coaches/players do lol. They argue for calls they want and complain if the opposition gets em

Yeah, since he clarified it, it makes sense. He had a good reasoning for it. Now, if it was a KD-type scenario which we all believed to be, that would've been pathetic.

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Kerr wasn't throwing shade at Hardens performance.

He's talking about that Euro Jab step push off for a shot. He thinks its traveling.

TrueFan420
02-02-2018, 04:15 PM
[

The comments were unneeded but Kerr strikes me as a very candid person and would say that to Harden.

TrueFan420
02-02-2018, 04:17 PM
No doubt its human nature and while they might have a lot more attention on them their still human. These people need to just text tho...

Htownballa1622
02-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Harden did travel, though. Enough to where LMA jumps up expecting him to be at that spot but because of that extra step, he's nowhere near the shot. Just don't see why he has to bring it up when he's got a team that does some really weird stuff and gets away with it.

BKLYNpigeon
02-02-2018, 04:35 PM
League will probably look at that and enforce a rule change. Players are too crafty these days.

Htownballa1622
02-02-2018, 04:46 PM
League will probably look at that and enforce a rule change. Players are too crafty these days.

Wouldn't be the first time they try to change a rule because of Harden.

Ironic because I've seen Curry and Lillard do this same move.

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 04:53 PM
i honestly don't know how harden manages to concentrate on making a three while also bopping his head back. that three over Manu looked like minimal contact but harden still bops his head back. takes a lot of skill to do that.

kdspurman
02-02-2018, 05:03 PM
i honestly don't know how harden manages to concentrate on making a three while also bopping his head back. that three over Manu looked like minimal contact but harden still bops his head back. takes a lot of skill to do that.

There was very minimal contact haha. I think he just practices shooting like that at this point.

Htownballa1622
02-02-2018, 05:11 PM

He was slapped directly on his forearm so it's hard to tell.

Harden threw his head back so the ref wouldn't miss it. Ref didn't. He also barely leaned his head back.

You're reaching.

warfelg
02-02-2018, 05:13 PM
There was very minimal contact haha. I think he just practices shooting like that at this point.

I wouldn’t doubt it. The guy does every little thing he can to get calls and still take a shot at the same time.

Could you imagine what his game would be like in a time where they allowed hand checking and they didn’t call every little thing? The OG IT would have eaten him alive IMO.

warfelg
02-02-2018, 05:15 PM
As for the “what’s he doing” part. Telling me he doesn’t know how to copy link and paste in a text?

TrueFan420
02-02-2018, 05:16 PM
That almost might be worse.

Talk about lack of self awareness. Golden State doesn't do too well in those departments these days.

Well looks like it was supposed to be a DM so it's moot.

Eh most pro athletes lack self awareness. If you've read anything about Kerr he doesn't seem to fall in that category of lack of self awareness.

TrueFan420
02-02-2018, 05:17 PM
I wouldn’t doubt it. The guy does every little thing he can to get calls and still take a shot at the same time.

Could you imagine what his game would be like in a time where they allowed hand checking and they didn’t call every little thing? The OG IT would have eaten him alive IMO.

He'd likely spent the time learning how to deal with contact instead of embellishing it

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 05:23 PM
He was slapped directly on his forearm so it's hard to tell.

Harden threw his head back so the ref wouldn't miss it. Ref didn't. He also barely leaned his head back.

You're reaching.

I'm actually complimenting him. Lol, i'm done with PSD for awhile. Some people can't find any way to be objective.

Htownballa1622
02-02-2018, 05:31 PM
I'm actually complimenting him. Lol, i'm done with PSD for awhile. Some people can't find any way to be objective.

Has zero to do with objectivity and everything to do with me reading your post wrong and skimming through it.

:o

My B.

COOLbeans
02-02-2018, 06:22 PM
It wouldn’t matter if he verbalized it. It’s that he did the all mighty post that get you posters and the media’s pantys in a bunch

Saddletramp
02-02-2018, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't put it past him that he "accidentally" sent out a DM as public so he gets his opinion out there without "meaning" to. Sum***** is crafty like that.

jason
02-02-2018, 06:58 PM
I don't see how this would be a fake account. He likely tweeted what he felt and then took it down because either he realized that he as a coach has to be PC about his social media comments or someone from the warriors org social media department saw it and told him to take down.Exactly. The people making a big deal for something so small...

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Exactly. The people making a big deal for something so small...

Nah this is huge.

jason
02-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Nah this is huge.Na

Scoots
02-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Well looks like it was supposed to be a DM so it's moot.

Eh most pro athletes lack self awareness. If you've read anything about Kerr he doesn't seem to fall in that category of lack of self awareness.

It's just Kerr being old school. That would be a travel "back in his day"

tredigs
02-02-2018, 09:37 PM
This is a click-bait thread for Warriors-Troll-Nation.

Reported for derailing.

Saddletramp
02-02-2018, 10:07 PM

Reported for derailing.

Lol, let us have our fun. June will be here soon enough.

Chronz
02-03-2018, 12:14 AM

It was a bit back handed tho

tredigs
02-03-2018, 01:11 AM
It was a bit back handed tho

Reported for de-railing.

nastynice
02-03-2018, 03:57 AM

We're talking about the king of flop here.. It's actually easier for him to shoot while acting like he got whiplash cuz that's how he practices it

nastynice
02-03-2018, 04:06 AM

Which warriors thread isn't..?

FlashBolt
02-03-2018, 05:31 AM
We're talking about the king of flop here.. It's actually easier for him to shoot while acting like he got whiplash cuz that's how he practices it

it still takes an insane amount of skill. you can't knock Harden for doing what is within the rules. i never saw you complaining about the Warriors manipulation of screens that were just annoying to watch and it's equally as correct as what Harden does. idk about you but bopping your head back while trying to focus on the shot still is some hardcore presentation.

GoferKing_
02-03-2018, 05:51 AM
:whistle:

I do not believe in this story. He has twitter but does not know how to work on it, and he put it on his brand new phone immediately.

nastynice
02-03-2018, 06:49 AM
it still takes an insane amount of skill. you can't knock Harden for doing what is within the rules. i never saw you complaining about the Warriors manipulation of screens that were just annoying to watch and it's equally as correct as what Harden does. idk about you but bopping your head back while trying to focus on the shot still is some hardcore presentation.

Warriors screens are absolutely 0% different from 29 other teams. Actually I guess what's different is they be drilling 3's in dudes faces off them screens, and it's disheartening than a mother****er, so it makes people cry about it more and get annoyed by watching it, haha, but other than that it's all the same **** :cool:

I ain't knocking the skill, I'm just clowning cuz 3 years ago the guy was a flat out flopper, even Rox fans will tell you

mightybosstone
02-03-2018, 08:16 AM
What's hilarious about this to me isn't even that he looks like an idiot for accidentally posting a DM as a Tweet. As somebody who's not especially Twitter savvy, I can totally understand that. The funny thing to me is just how hypocritical it is.

The step-back jumper is hardly a new move in the NBA. Great players have been using the step-back jumper for years. Kobe and Mcgrady had great step-backs. But you know who also had/has them? Jordan and Steph. So the two best players on the teams he won titles with both regularly use(d) step-back jumpers consistently to get separation. He's just pissed because Harden is using it and using it at a rate with 3-pointers which is working an obscenely high amount of the time.

Despite my dislike of the Warriors, I actually like Kerr. I've heard him in interviews and podcasts, and he seems like a sharp guy. He's funny. He's likable. He's honest and open with his opinions, and we seem to agree on a lot of things. But stuff like this really does rub me the wrong way. He would never say this to Harden's face, and I guarantee he would never go over to a ref after Steph mad a step-back 3-pointer and say "You should have called traveling on that play."

mightybosstone
02-03-2018, 08:20 AM
And people need to get over the whole "there needs to be a rule change to take this away" argument. Again, players have been using step-back jumpers for years to get separation, and it's 100 percent a legal NBA move. You dribble, pick the ball up, move the first foot to the point where you're looking to get separation and the second foot to set yourself for the shot. Last time I checked, two steps before a shot was always the legal number of steps in basketball.

cmellofan15
02-03-2018, 09:03 AM
So who was he dm-ing it to??

warfelg
02-03-2018, 09:56 AM
And people need to get over the whole "there needs to be a rule change to take this away" argument. Again, players have been using step-back jumpers for years to get separation, and it's 100 percent a legal NBA move. You dribble, pick the ball up, move the first foot to the point where you're looking to get separation and the second foot to set yourself for the shot. Last time I checked, two steps before a shot was always the legal number of steps in basketball.

And I bet if someone was so inclined they could compile a bunch of Kerrs shots and find instances of him doing the same exact thing.

lakerfan85
02-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Kerr whines too much...

Scoots
02-03-2018, 11:38 AM
What's hilarious about this to me isn't even that he looks like an idiot for accidentally posting a DM as a Tweet. As somebody who's not especially Twitter savvy, I can totally understand that. The funny thing to me is just how hypocritical it is.

The step-back jumper is hardly a new move in the NBA. Great players have been using the step-back jumper for years. Kobe and Mcgrady had great step-backs. But you know who also had/has them? Jordan and Steph. So the two best players on the teams he won titles with both regularly use(d) step-back jumpers consistently to get separation. He's just pissed because Harden is using it and using it at a rate with 3-pointers which is working an obscenely high amount of the time.

Despite my dislike of the Warriors, I actually like Kerr. I've heard him in interviews and podcasts, and he seems like a sharp guy. He's funny. He's likable. He's honest and open with his opinions, and we seem to agree on a lot of things. But stuff like this really does rub me the wrong way. He would never say this to Harden's face, and I guarantee he would never go over to a ref after Steph mad a step-back 3-pointer and say "You should have called traveling on that play."

I think it was just that it would have been a travel when Kerr played.

mightybosstone
02-03-2018, 11:58 AM
I think it was just that it would have been a travel when Kerr played.

Was it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdGv9dLmhFg

TrueFan420
02-03-2018, 12:28 PM

I actually think he would have said it to Harden but he wouldnt say it in a rude way because he doesn't seem like that type of guy. He likely would have tried to make lite of it while pointing out his thoughts.

As to the ref, I remember watching a game last year where they called a carrying and the tv caught him saying to ref, and I'm paraphrasing, that's a ridiculous call, if you start calling those will be here all day cause it happens every single play now-a-days.

Also Kerrs had an interesting life don't know if you know but he was born and raised in the Middle East (Lebanon) and when he was 18 his dad was murdered. 2 shots to the back of the head.

KB24PG16
02-03-2018, 12:35 PM
kerr is always *****ing to the refs at games this doesnt surprise me

WaDe03
02-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Was he Dming the NBA account? He's full of ****.

mightybosstone
02-03-2018, 12:44 PM
I actually think he would have said it to Harden but he wouldnt say it in a rude way because he doesn't seem like that type of guy. He likely would have tried to make lite of it while pointing out his thoughts.

As to the ref, I remember watching a game last year where they called a carrying and the tv caught him saying to ref, and I'm paraphrasing, that's a ridiculous call, if you start calling those will be here all day cause it happens every single play now-a-days.

Also Kerrs had an interesting life don't know if you know but he was born and raised in the Middle East (Lebanon) and when he was 18 his dad was murdered. 2 shots to the back of the head.

I did know that about Kerr (or at least it's one of those things you knew but forgot about over time). Dude is an interesting guy, and I'd actually wouldn't mind in the slightest if the was the Rockets coach. But I still think what he said was hypocritical and a little harsh toward Harden. And there have been times when he's gotten on my nerves for complaining too much to the refs or being a little smarmy in interviews or press conferences.

That being said, I think most coaches probably are that way. It's just more noticeable when you're the coach of one of the best team's in the league's history and are constantly in the national spotlight.

TrueFan420
02-03-2018, 01:00 PM
I did know that about Kerr (or at least it's one of those things you knew but forgot about over time). Dude is an interesting guy, and I'd actually wouldn't mind in the slightest if the was the Rockets coach. But I still think what he said was hypocritical and a little harsh toward Harden. And there have been times when he's gotten on my nerves for complaining too much to the refs or being a little smarmy in interviews or press conferences.

That being said, I think most coaches probably are that way. It's just more noticeable when you're the coach of one of the best team's in the league's history and are constantly in the national spotlight.

That's fair enough and I think your right most coachs are that way. Pop calling out Zaza for stepping under Leonard when Pops never had issue with Bruce Bowen doing it or Aldridge doing it litterly a few players prior to or after the injury to us in the same game. It's human nature for them to try and stand up and call something out when they feel their team is being slighted. All while failing to point out they've also received the benefit of those same calls or lack there of at different times. I'm sure if you caught them in private and actually spoke about it it would be different then when they speak to the cameras as their trying to make a point heard vs discussing an actual issue.

Scoots
02-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Was it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdGv9dLmhFg

Yes. If you don't see the difference that's fine. Even the refs don't call traveling most of the time. It used to be a half step to gather the ball then you get one step before it's travelling, now they give you a step to gather and 2 steps after that to shoot/pass. The change made offense easier and the NBA likes that.

mightybosstone
02-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Yes. If you don't see the difference that's fine. Even the refs don't call traveling most of the time. It used to be a half step to gather the ball then you get one step before it's travelling, now they give you a step to gather and 2 steps after that to shoot/pass. The change made offense easier and the NBA likes that.

How is Jordan's step back in that video any different from what Harden does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5n1NotT5Ik

Explain the difference to me. Because I'm seeing Jordan dribble, then step to the side or back to create separation, set for the shot with a second step and then release the ball. Harden's doing exactly the same thing. How are these two moves different?

Htownballa1622
02-03-2018, 05:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAIL4J3jIA&feature=youtu.behttps://youtu.be/ToAIL4J3jIA

Maybe some clarification on step back

Scoots
02-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Jordan picks up the ball, takes a step back, establishing a new base, brings his other foot back and jumps for the shot. Harden picks up the ball, takes a step back establishing a new base, then hops, then jumps for the shot.

It's allowed now and players got away with it back then too, but based on the way the rules used to be enforced that little hop is a travel. I'm sure Jordan did it that way sometimes too and Harden doesn't always do it, but it's the way it's taught now by some coaches because it's allowed and it improves shooting percentages.

BKLYNpigeon
02-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Or.... it’s part of the warriors and Kerr’s master plan.

Puts harden on notice with the refs.

Muhahhahaaha.

lakerfan85
02-03-2018, 05:55 PM
The NBA should just get rid of the traveling and carrying rules. They rarely call it anyway and 90% of the league does it.

Saddletramp
02-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Or.... it’s part of the warriors and Kerr’s master plan.

Puts harden on notice with the refs.

Muhahhahaaha.

That's what figured/said earlier. The ol' "Didn't mean to say it out loud but now you know that that's what I think" move. It'd be crafty if he didn't tell his guys to get away with whatever they could get away with so instead it's just one rule stretcher ratting out another rule stretcher.

BKLYNpigeon
02-03-2018, 08:53 PM
if it was any other coach nobody would care. lol.

I really like Kerr, especially outside of basketball. He's had an interesting upbringing and career. I find him very compelling and insightful. He just seems like a good dude, honest and compassionate.

FlashBolt
02-04-2018, 01:41 AM
if it was any other coach nobody would care. lol.

I really like Kerr, especially outside of basketball. He's had an interesting upbringing and career. I find him very compelling and insightful. He just seems like a good dude, honest and compassionate.

Kerr is actually a big NBA name by association with Jordan, though. It's like Derek Fisher. He's really a nobody but because he was on the Lakers with Kobe/Shaq/Phil, his name by association generates headlines. I like Kerr too but that CP3 laughing at Kerr meme makes Kerr look like a joke haha

nastynice
02-04-2018, 01:11 PM
lol at the low key saltiness of rockets fans in here! :laugh2: