PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans trade Asik, TA, Nelson and pick to Bulls for Mirotic

LaVar Ball
02-01-2018, 07:22 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22287175/new-orleans-pelicans-acquire-nikola-mirotic-chicago-bulls

Asik returns to the Bulls.

Pelicans created the cap space to go after Greg Monroe (who was waived by the Suns)

With Boogie done, I think the Pelicans have done a nice job adding Mirotic (and possibly Monroe) to AD, Rondo and Jrue.

Chapin78
02-01-2018, 10:01 PM
I think this trade is a win for the Pels because they got rid of Asik and several low budget players.

FlashBolt
02-01-2018, 10:05 PM
I think Pelicans season is over. Mirotic is a solid piece but it's over for them...

mightybosstone
02-01-2018, 10:14 PM
I think Pelicans season is over. Mirotic is a solid piece but it's over for them...

I like the deal for them, though. They still get out from under one of their bad contracts and add a talented young player for a first rounder that probably won't amount to much and two veterans who haven't exactly been key rotational pieces this season.

WaDe03
02-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Mirotic is a Kevin Love clone so far this year.

TrueFan420
02-01-2018, 11:56 PM
I like it... keeps the pelicans in the playoffs this year. And gets them a little flexibility. Losing a pick sucks but is worth it here.

Storch
02-02-2018, 01:01 AM
Nice trade pelicans

More-Than-Most
02-02-2018, 01:29 AM
i like it for the pels

Heediot
02-02-2018, 06:26 AM
Pels can re-flip him in the off-season fairly easily if they want to.

I like what he adss more shooting, and the ability to get buckets. Pelicans need more of both with or without Boogie.

GoferKing_
02-02-2018, 07:08 AM
Good deal Pels.

IndyRealist
02-02-2018, 02:13 PM
Should I know who "TA" is in this trade?

hugepatsfan
02-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Should I know who "TA" is in this trade?

Tony Allen

IndyRealist
02-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Tony Allen

I got it from the article, but the Pels roster isn't exactly on TNT every night, and he's not a marquee player. I don't know why Tony Allen would be abbreviated in the thread title.

Chronz
02-02-2018, 03:51 PM
I got it from the article, but the Pels roster isn't exactly on TNT every night, and he's not a marquee player. I don't know why Tony Allen would be abbreviated in the thread title. follow memes more
Mr all defensive first team.

Vinny642
02-03-2018, 01:16 AM

LMAO How?

We just beat the Thunder on the road... without Mirotic playing yet.

FlashBolt
02-03-2018, 01:45 AM
LMAO How?

We just beat the Thunder on the road... without Mirotic playing yet.

Alright... and? You honestly think Davis+Mirotic+Jrue+Rondo are a top team? With Cousins, they had a shot. Now, they'll get bounced in the 1st or 2nd if they are lucky.. hell, I would not rule them missing the playoffs.. Donovan Mitchell, as crazy as it sounds, has the Jazz roaring back.

Vinny642
02-03-2018, 01:55 AM
Alright... and? You honestly think Davis+Mirotic+Jrue+Rondo are a top team? With Cousins, they had a shot. Now, they'll get bounced in the 1st or 2nd if they are lucky.. hell, I would not rule them missing the playoffs.. Donovan Mitchell, as crazy as it sounds, has the Jazz roaring back.

I didnt think we were a top team with Cousins, making playoffs is good enough for me, and it looks like we will.
That is a win for me.

There are only two REAL contenders in the West, and they're GSW and Houston. Maybe Spurs as well.

FlashBolt
02-03-2018, 02:18 AM
I didnt think we were a top team with Cousins, making playoffs is good enough for me, and it looks like we will.
That is a win for me.

There are only two REAL contenders in the West, and they're GSW and Houston. Maybe Spurs as well.

With Cousins, you guys actually had a chance to beat some teams just by sheer size in the frontcourt. That's why I said there is no chance now.. AD+Cousins were playing really well and everything was clicking for them right before he got injured.

Vinny642
02-03-2018, 03:25 AM
With Cousins, you guys actually had a chance to beat some teams just by sheer size in the frontcourt. That's why I said there is no chance now.. AD+Cousins were playing really well and everything was clicking for them right before he got injured.

Either way we would not get passed GS or Houston, so its a moot point, just like the Thunder wont.
We get Nikola for 2 years, and next year, he becomes a really good trade chip because of his expiring contract. And we got rid of Asik.

Vinny642
02-03-2018, 03:27 AM
It doesnt take a genius to say a team's season is over when their superstar gets injured for the season, just saying.

FlashBolt
02-03-2018, 05:28 AM
It doesnt take a genius to say a team's season is over when their superstar gets injured for the season, just saying.

Who said anything about being a genius? I just don't see how Pelicans can get better this late into the season when their entire gameplan relied on Cousins+AD. I'm pretty sure Pelicans had higher hopes than just making the playoffs. I think they could've been a 2nd round team easily but not so much now.

Vinny642
02-03-2018, 06:49 AM
You specifically said our season is over, thats not groundbreaking to say after a superstar goes down.

But " I just don't see how Pelicans can get better this late into the season when their entire gameplan relied on Cousins+AD", what does that even mean?

That is why we make this trade....?

We got a lot better making this deal, than we were after Cousins got hurt.

So once again, what are you actually talking about?

ALSO- we could've been a second round team easily?
Not if we ended at the 7 or 8 seed and still had to play the Warriors or Rockets.