PDA

View Full Version : Harden notches first 60-point triple-double in NBA history.

brandt
01-31-2018, 01:25 AM
Harden notches first 60-point triple-double in NBA history. James Harden surpasses Calvin Murphy for most points in a single game in Rockets history, recording his ninth career 50-point game in the process.

Hard for me to believe Itís never been done before, but good for him.

Texan_Rocket
01-31-2018, 02:16 AM
I thought it was only in Rockets history but either way nice accomplishment. Dude balled today when they needed every single point for the victory.

brandt
01-31-2018, 02:27 AM
I thought it was only in Rockets history but either way nice accomplishment. Dude balled today when they needed every single point for the victory.
60 points was the first time in Rockets History, but 60 points WITH a triple double is an NBA record.

Jeffy25
01-31-2018, 02:59 AM
Westbrook had on 3/29 a 57 point triple double

Then Wilt in 68, had a 53...and Harden's 53 new years a year ago....and 51 last January.

Texan_Rocket
01-31-2018, 04:02 AM

Then Wilt in 68, had a 53...and Harden's 53 new years a year ago....and 51 last January.

So in other words (and i donít mean it in a rude way at all ) the first time a 60 point triple double was recorded.

I get what you are trying to say in your post, itís been nearly done so it isnít that special, but without Chris Paul and the defense focusing solely on him, itís pretty incredible.

Jeffy25
01-31-2018, 04:10 AM
So in other words (and i donít mean it in a rude way at all ) the first time a 60 point triple double was recorded.

I get what you are trying to say in your post, itís been nearly done so it isnít that special, but without Chris Paul and the defense focusing solely on him, itís pretty incredible.

I wasn't saying anything, I was just sharing what he had topped.

Texan_Rocket
01-31-2018, 05:51 AM
I wasn't saying anything, I was just sharing what he had topped.

Okay gotcha my bad, i thought you were trying to be little the performance. That was my inner Rockets fan coming out without being biased haha.

Great performance for sure, love that he stepped up when the team didnít show up

MygirlhatesCod
01-31-2018, 09:04 AM
Harden was a beast last night! I usually cant stomach watching him play but he def took over that game. not to sure anyone else in the league has a stronger case for MVP right now.

JasonJohnHorn
01-31-2018, 10:32 AM
Harden Lover: He's the best player to ever post a 60-point triple double.

Harden Hater: Easily the worst player to ever post a 60-point triple double.

In all seriousness, this is an amazing amazing performance. Historic indeed. I realize that had they recorded blcoks when Wilt was playing, Wilt would have likely posted several 60-point triple doubles; but the fact that since Wilt played, this has NEVER been accomplished by anybody, Bird, Michael Jordan, Kobe, LBJ... that is AMAZING.

I realize some guys aren't the explosive socrers that Harden is (Hakeem, LBJ, Magic), so you wouldn't expect those guys to post 60-point games. And some big scorers weren't great 'all around' players to the point where you'd expect a triple double out of them.

But I mean... Westbrook, Drexler, Kobe, Jordan and especially Bird... those are guys who could get it all done, and in the collective games that they all played, the fact that none of those guys were ever able to pull that off... kudos to Harden.

P.S. In saying Hakeem and LBJ were not 'explosive' scorers, I did not mean that they were/are not consistent and great scorers, just that they are more level in what they do: they stay closer to their median, where as guys like say McGrady, Westbrook, Jordan, Kobe.... they would just explore for 60+ and 50+ point nights. So don't take that as a knock. I respect their consistency.

mightybosstone
01-31-2018, 11:04 AM
This was a huge statement game for Harden's MVP candidacy. I recognize that it was against a poor opponent, but the Rockets were missing Paul, Ariza and Gordon after he left early in the second quarter. He had to do EVERYTHING. Between points and assists, the guy accounted for a ridiculous 86 points last night, and Houston needed every damn one of them to beat that feisty Magic team. And the 4-point play in the final minute was just icing on the cake.

This is the game where anybody who was lukewarm on Harden's MVP candidacy should have been convinced. He's leading the league in points per game by more than three per night, he's third in the league in assists per game, first in WS/48, first in WS (despite missing seven games), first in BPM by a mile and third in VORP. He also now has an astonishing four 50-point games already this season, including the first 60-point triple double in NBA history. And his team has the second best record and is only two games back in the loss column to the Warriors.

Seriously, if Harden isn't the MVP, whose case even comes close to him right now?

GREATNESS ONE
01-31-2018, 12:04 PM
Harden = Top 10 player all time

Shammyguy3
01-31-2018, 12:04 PM
This was a huge statement game for Harden's MVP candidacy. I recognize that it was against a poor opponent, but the Rockets were missing Paul, Ariza and Gordon after he left early in the second quarter. He had to do EVERYTHING. Between points and assists, the guy accounted for a ridiculous 86 points last night, and Houston needed every damn one of them to beat that feisty Magic team. And the 4-point play in the final minute was just icing on the cake.

This is the game where anybody who was lukewarm on Harden's MVP candidacy should have been convinced. He's leading the league in points per game by more than three per night, he's third in the league in assists per game, first in WS/48, first in WS (despite missing seven games), first in BPM by a mile and third in VORP. He also now has an astonishing four 50-point games already this season, including the first 60-point triple double in NBA history. And his team has the second best record and is only two games back in the loss column to the Warriors.

Seriously, if Harden isn't the MVP, whose case even comes close to him right now?

Harden is definitely my MVP

mightybosstone
01-31-2018, 01:05 PM
Harden = Top 10 player all time

Whoah... I wouldn't go that far. Barring him winning multiple rings, I don't think there's a chance the guy finishes top 10 all-time. And even with rings, I don't think he's likely to crack that list. But I think he's got a great shot to be in that top 20-25 conversation, though, with guys like Barkley, Dirk, Wade, etc.

ewing
01-31-2018, 01:08 PM
I'd be impressed if Curry did it

Shammyguy3
01-31-2018, 01:44 PM
Whoah... I wouldn't go that far. Barring him winning multiple rings, I don't think there's a chance the guy finishes top 10 all-time. And even with rings, I don't think he's likely to crack that list. But I think he's got a great shot to be in that top 20-25 conversation, though, with guys like Barkley, Dirk, Wade, etc.

I think it's funny how that poster says Kobe > Curry in their respective primes, and then lists Harden as a top-10 player ever.

tredigs
01-31-2018, 03:01 PM
Harden was a beast last night! I usually cant stomach watching him play but he def took over that game. not to sure anyone else in the league has a stronger case for MVP right now.

Yeah, nobody else has a stronger case right now.

That's an epic scoring performance. The 10 rebounds/11 assists facet to get the sexy "triple double" really doesn't mean as much these days, but an efficient 60 point night and the W is always a special accomplishment.

FlashBolt
01-31-2018, 04:47 PM
James Harden is amazing. One of the greatest regular season players ever but at the end of the day, his career will only elevate when he takes it deep into the playoffs. I think he's MVP. Should have been LeBron but he's fallen off and his team is just sucking.

tredigs
01-31-2018, 05:39 PM
Sort of crazy that he can have a night of this magnitude and they still barely beat the worst team in the NBA without their best player. I know they were slim on players themselves last night but you'd figure a night like that would slam the door on a terrible team. Even he was only a +7. That does seem odd.

mightybosstone
01-31-2018, 05:51 PM
Sort of crazy that he can have a night of this magnitude and they still barely beat the worst team in the NBA without their best player. I know they were slim on players themselves last night but you'd figure a night like that would slam the door on a terrible team. Even he was only a +7. That does seem odd.

Yeah, but they were missing their No. 2 and No. 3 scorers and their best spot up 3-point shooter in Ariza. Every other guy on the team is extremely limited offensively except for maybe Green, who is streaky as hell and hasn't gotten much playing time recently.

And I think it goes without saying, but "any given night...." I mean, an almost entirely healthy Warriors team got beat by the Jazz by 30 last night. If that can happen, pretty much any result in the NBA shouldn't be a tremendous surprise.

Edit: And it's worth noting that the Magic were really hot from the 3-point line last night. I didn't catch the whole game, but I caught most of the 2nd and 3rd, and it felt like they couldn't miss at times. They were 15-31 overall.

europagnpilgrim
01-31-2018, 06:04 PM

Wilt did it numerous times over back in his day, its just like how him and B.Russ own the unofficial off the record blocks total

I bet Wilt had a 60pt triple double at least 10 times during that 50ppg campaign, what most new age nerds today don't realize is that Wilt had more 50pt games in one season than the media crowned GOAT Jordan had in his entire 15yr career

its safe to safe Wilt is in a league all by himself, like a 8th wonder of the world when it comes to his mind numbing numbers

like when he said on record that he was averaging on a 10 game stretch 70ppg before he had that fairy tale 100pt game, over a 10 game stretch he went for 70, that is utterly insane

tredigs
01-31-2018, 06:08 PM
Yeah, but they were missing their No. 2 and No. 3 scorers and their best spot up 3-point shooter in Ariza. Every other guy on the team is extremely limited offensively except for maybe Green, who is streaky as hell and hasn't gotten much playing time recently.

And I think it goes without saying, but "any given night...." I mean, an almost entirely healthy Warriors team got beat by the Jazz by 30 last night. If that can happen, pretty much any result in the NBA shouldn't be a tremendous surprise.

Edit: And it's worth noting that the Magic were really hot from the 3-point line last night. I didn't catch the whole game, but I caught most of the 2nd and 3rd, and it felt like they couldn't miss at times. They were 15-31 overall.

All true. Just rewatched the 2nd half (afrer Gordon was also out) and it sort of had the vibe of dropping Harden into a pool of guys that were just nowhere near his level (that goes for both teams). He was 0-7 from 3 in the first half and on a normal night might have backed off the shot a bit, just last night he just had cart Blanche to do whatever he could and he capitalized in it.

europagnpilgrim
01-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Yeah, nobody else has a stronger case right now.

That's an epic scoring performance. The 10 rebounds/11 assists facet to get the sexy "triple double" really doesn't mean as much these days, but an efficient 60 point night and the W is always a special accomplishment.

anybody who score 60 is going to be somewhat efficient pretty high, you cant shoot 15 for 45 and score 60, maybe around 45 but you have to get around 18-20+FG made, I would love for you to go through the 60pt games in history and I bet they all were pretty ''efficient'', which doesn't mean much anyways when you are playing to win, and from what Rockets were missing Harden should have shot more and went for 80 based on circumstance, all efficiency aside, get the W, worry about numbers on sports talk shows

Cal827
01-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Unbelievable game by Harden. I was annoyed that I found out late about his dominant numbers, because the station I was watching here was focused on Cleveland losing to Detroit (not even the fact that the Raps won their game earlier) :laugh2:

As I implied in the other thread, at this time Harden is hands down the MVP this year. Steph's precision won't give him the upper hand over Harden's absolute dominance this year. Harden should join his former OKC teammates with an MVP award at the end of the season. :clap:

Now excuse me while I keep saying dumb **** about Harden for the next couple months, just for the sole purpose of trying to piss off Bosstone :laugh2:

tredigs
01-31-2018, 06:47 PM
MVP wise there's still nearly half a season to go. Things can shift quickly. It's a weird MVP year but he's in the drivers seat for now.

Jamiecballer
01-31-2018, 06:47 PM
I'm sure people are working away to disprove what you just said as we speak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Shammyguy3
01-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Wilt did it numerous times over back in his day, its just like how him and B.Russ own the unofficial off the record blocks total

I bet Wilt had a 60pt triple double at least 10 times during that 50ppg campaign, what most new age nerds today don't realize is that Wilt had more 50pt games in one season than the media crowned GOAT Jordan had in his entire 15yr career

its safe to safe Wilt is in a league all by himself, like a 8th wonder of the world when it comes to his mind numbing numbers

like when he said on record that he was averaging on a 10 game stretch 70ppg before he had that fairy tale 100pt game, over a 10 game stretch he went for 70, that is utterly insane

Wilt is a monster yes, but what was the league like in 1962? And Wilt has no stretch in his career where he averaged 70ppg over 10 games

FlashBolt
01-31-2018, 07:44 PM
Wilt is a monster yes, but what was the league like in 1962? And Wilt has no stretch in his career where he averaged 70ppg over 10 games

I don't understand why people refuse to acknowledge that a player like Shaq would also average insane numbers back then. A prime Dwight as well because at his peak, he was outrunning every NBA center on the court. It would just be insane numbers. Is anyone here really willing to say that most NBA top centers wouldn't put insane numbers back then? Maybe not as high as Wilt (some guys like Hakeem were more skill than physical dominance) but it would be close. When you look at Wilt's PER36 numbers and equate the competition, his averages look less impressive. The fact he's able to play more than 48 minutes in one season could be a testament of how easy it was for him or his endurance. I'd say a combination of both.

GREATNESS ONE
01-31-2018, 07:46 PM
I think it's funny how that poster says Kobe > Curry in their respective primes, and then lists Harden as a top-10 player ever.

:rolleyes:

One Nut Kruk
01-31-2018, 07:55 PM

But he said he did !

nastynice
01-31-2018, 08:42 PM
Rockets gotta be feeling good about themselves

JasonJohnHorn
02-01-2018, 09:45 PM

Unless he hit a '7' instead of a '6'... yeah... this didn't happen. He had a 78, a 73, and a 100 points game.
With several 60+ games and a 58 game after the 100 point game, he averged 70 a game over 5 games, but it was that 100 game that did it.

The 78 and 73 point games were over a dozen games away from the 100 point game and each other.

nastynice
02-02-2018, 12:05 AM
This dude is just flat out unstoppable at times

The combination of that first step +drive ability and that backstep/sidestep jumper is just impossible to guard.

europagnpilgrim
02-03-2018, 02:42 PM

I don't care what the league is like then or now, he did it

and it came from once again the sources/horses mouth Wilt himself said it so beef with him when you get to that other side

I suggest you go and youtube a Wilt interview where he said before his 100pt game he was on a 10 game streak of averaging 70ppg, so if he didn't then he exaggerated his own points stats, its like when Jordan said he could play people like a puppet when he got on his scoring binge in his 'come fly with me' days, it was true even though you didn't see literally strings on players though as if Jordan was a actual puppet master but you get the jist of what he was explaining, so if Wilt wasn't getting 70ppg during that stretch I bet it was pretty insane regardless of what the number was, and since you know he didn't what was his avg. during that 10 game stretch before his 100pt game?

Wilt is beyond a monster in bball terms, more like 8th wonder of the world type ish

Shammyguy3
02-03-2018, 11:45 PM

and it came from once again the sources/horses mouth Wilt himself said it so beef with him when you get to that other side

I suggest you go and youtube a Wilt interview where he said before his 100pt game he was on a 10 game streak of averaging 70ppg, so if he didn't then he exaggerated his own points stats, its like when Jordan said he could play people like a puppet when he got on his scoring binge in his 'come fly with me' days, it was true even though you didn't see literally strings on players though as if Jordan was a actual puppet master but you get the jist of what he was explaining, so if Wilt wasn't getting 70ppg during that stretch I bet it was pretty insane regardless of what the number was, and since you know he didn't what was his avg. during that 10 game stretch before his 100pt game?

Wilt is beyond a monster in bball terms, more like 8th wonder of the world type ish

There's a lot of ridiculousness to this post

GREATNESS ONE
02-03-2018, 11:48 PM
Call me when he gets 11 straight 40 pt games.

flea
02-04-2018, 05:53 PM
Nothing says more about the modern NBA than this factoid.

mightybosstone
02-04-2018, 10:22 PM
Nothing says more about the modern NBA than this factoid.

What is that supposed to mean?

Chronz
02-04-2018, 10:28 PM
What is that supposed to mean?
How modern offenses and lax defensive rules have bent in a direction many don't want the NBA heading. Imagine harden dealing with 2k2 era spacing and handcheck. Now that we have the spacing, we should at least bringback the hc, wouldn't you agree? Do you personally like the homogenized game we have today? I personally miss the skill game necessary to trump physicality only with the spacing of today

mightybosstone
02-05-2018, 12:43 AM
How modern offenses and lax defensive rules have bent in a direction many don't want the NBA heading. Imagine harden dealing with 2k2 era spacing and handcheck. Now that we have the spacing, we should at least bringback the hc, wouldn't you agree? Do you personally like the homogenized game we have today? I personally miss the skill game necessary to trump physicality only with the spacing of today

Frankly, I don't really care that much. Hand checking or no hand checking, the game doesn't change that substantially in my opinion. The explosion in offense the last few years has less to do with the change in hand-checking rules and more to do with the massive increase in 3-point shots and emphasis on floor spacing. As for if I like the game today or not, I honestly do. More perimeter shooting doesn't mean there's less skill involved or that the game is less entertaining.

But to my original question, the idea that Harden only accomplished this feat because of the rules of his era is a bit on the insulting side. The guy is an offensive juggernaut and absolutely would be in any era.

GREATNESS ONE
02-05-2018, 12:57 AM
All these no defense 3pters are cute. Peak.

ewing
02-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Frankly, I don't really care that much. Hand checking or no hand checking, the game doesn't change that substantially in my opinion. The explosion in offense the last few years has less to do with the change in hand-checking rules and more to do with the massive increase in 3-point shots and emphasis on floor spacing. As for if I like the game today or not, I honestly do. More perimeter shooting doesn't mean there's less skill involved or that the game is less entertaining.

But to my original question, the idea that Harden only accomplished this feat because of the rules of his era is a bit on the insulting side. The guy is an offensive juggernaut and absolutely would be in any era.

He is a incredible offensive player, would be in any era, and had a 60 point triple double bc he plays in this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
02-05-2018, 10:53 AM

I don't care that much either ... but the illegal defense rules changes had far far more to do with today's offense than hand checking changes. The illegal defense rules lead the league to be 1 on 1 or 2 man games as the dominant offensive schemes and those games got VERY boring toward the end of that era.

mightybosstone
02-05-2018, 11:13 AM
He is a incredible offensive player, would be in any era, and had a 60 point triple double bc he plays in this one

And Westbrook averaged a triple double last year because he played in this era. And Kobe scored 81 because he played in this era. And Wilt scored 100 because he played in an era with inferior talent. You could do this with literally any accomplishment in any professional sport. Different eras have different advantages and challenges, but that shouldn't take away from the accomplishment itself.

Were there people on PSD after Kobe's 81 going "He only did this because he plays in this era!" I seriously doubt it. But people love to poke holes in Harden's accomplishments.

europagnpilgrim
02-05-2018, 11:29 AM
There's a lot of ridiculousness to this post

and yet you cite nothing from my reply so that makes your reply an equal, guess its just ridiculousness running rampant on psd,early

mightybosstone
02-05-2018, 11:38 AM
its what I try to explain to these non players on here about any and all accomplishments

Magic played in a weak West and had the most stacked team with 1 or 2 other players during his era
Russell won 8 straight titles in a 8 team league
Jordan won his 6 titles with 2 expansion drafts in between and the death of the 80's dynasties
Lebron had to stack his team to win but it was cool for Magic and others to have stacked teams
Kobe scored 81 but it was against the Raptors
Wilt scored 100 but it was against midget white/albino players

it could be an excuse for all players accomplishments if we sat back and nitpicked every little scenario, that's why I say I don't care what era you played in, if you are top 10 of your era then you have a seat at the table, and Harden will go down as top 10 of his era, easily, when a guy finishes runner up 3 straight years for mvp that is legit and now looking like he may finally get that mvp

I remember watching Harden with Thunder and I would always come away with saying that guy could avg easily 25+ppg if he was the 1st option as opposed to basically the 3rd/quasi 2nd in his 6th man role with Thunder, KD would give him the ball down stretches in crunch time because of the respect he had for Harden as a scorer/creator, that's saying something right there

:nod:

This guy gets it.

europagnpilgrim
02-05-2018, 11:38 AM
And Westbrook averaged a triple double last year because he played in this era. And Kobe scored 81 because he played in this era. And Wilt scored 100 because he played in an You could do this with literally any accomplishment in any professional sport. Different eras have different advantages and challenges, but that shouldn't take away from the accomplishment itself.

Were there people on PSD after Kobe's 81 going "He only did this because he plays in this era!" I seriously doubt it. But people love to poke holes in Harden's accomplishments.

its what I try to explain to these non players on here about any and all accomplishments

Magic played in a weak West and had the most stacked team with 1 or 2 other players during his era
Jordan won his 6 titles with 2 expansion drafts in between and the death of the 80's dynasties
Lebron had to stack his team to win but it was cool for Magic and others to have stacked teams

it could be an excuse for all players accomplishments if we sat back and nitpicked every little scenario, that's why I say I don't care what era you played in, if you are top 10 of your era then you have a seat at the table, and Harden will go down as top 10 of his era, easily, when a guy finishes runner up 3 straight years for mvp that is legit and now looking like he may finally get that mvp

I remember watching Harden with Thunder and I would always come away with saying that guy could avg easily 25+ppg if he was the 1st option as opposed to basically the 3rd/quasi 2nd in his 6th man role with Thunder, KD would give him the ball down stretches in crunch time because of the respect he had for Harden as a scorer/creator, that's saying something right there

ewing
02-05-2018, 11:46 AM
And Westbrook averaged a triple double last year because he played in this era. And Kobe scored 81 because he played in this era. And Wilt scored 100 because he played in an era with inferior talent. You could do this with literally any accomplishment in any professional sport. Different eras have different advantages and challenges, but that shouldn't take away from the accomplishment itself.

With the advantages a ball handler has now a triple double isnít quite the same thing. So in a historical context I think it does matter. Doesnít take away from the fact that he is a great player with amazing skill, just is what it is

AIRMAR72
02-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Harden notches first 60-point triple-double in NBA history. James Harden surpasses Calvin Murphy for most points in a single game in Rockets history, recording his ninth career 50-point game in the process.

Hard for me to believe Itís never been done before, but good for him. Harden is on of the great scorers to ever play in NBA

Giannis94
02-05-2018, 12:32 PM
CJ's was better. Why doesn't he get his own thread

KnicksorBust
02-05-2018, 12:36 PM

How you feel about Bob Cousy?

KnicksorBust
02-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Huge believer in Harden the individual player. Always have been. Superstar play and looks like the league MVP.
Huge skeptic of the Houston Rockets. Tough to hold both of those opinions but here we are.

mightybosstone
02-05-2018, 02:12 PM
With the advantages a ball handler has now a triple double isnít quite the same thing. So in a historical context I think it does matter. Doesnít take away from the fact that he is a great player with amazing skill, just is what it is

But you're missing the point. If Harden's accomplishment deserves some kind of asterisk so does literally EVERY accomplishment in all of professional sports. Does Wilt's 100 not count because he played in an inferior era? Does Kobe's 81 not count because he played against a horrible Raptors team in an era without hand-checking?

As sports fans, can we please stop doing the thing where we say "That amazing thing that player did isn't amazing because of X, Y and Z" and just appreciate the accomplishment in the moment?

mightybosstone
02-05-2018, 02:17 PM
CJ's was better. Why doesn't he get his own thread

What classifies it as "better?" The dude had a monster game, scoring 50 points in only 29 minutes. But Harden accounted for 86 total points between points and assists. I get that this kind of thing is completely subjective, and we can all have our own opinions on what is "better," but does it really matter? Can we just appreciate the accomplishments of two players without using it as an opportunity to put down one guy or the other (which you're clearly doing here)?

Shammyguy3
02-05-2018, 02:49 PM

and yet you cite nothing from my reply so that makes your reply an equal, guess its just ridiculousness running rampant on psd,early

Wilt was wrong in hi statement. See how ridiculous it is to say that he was right when we have the actual information to discredit his statement entirely? And then to talk about Jordan being a puppet-master without strings, that has nothing to do with, well anything.

ewing
02-05-2018, 03:41 PM
But you're missing the point. If Harden's accomplishment deserves some kind of asterisk so does literally EVERY accomplishment in all of professional sports. Does Wilt's 100 not count because he played in an inferior era? Does Kobe's 81 not count because he played against a horrible Raptors team in an era without hand-checking?

As sports fans, can we please stop doing the thing where we say "That amazing thing that player did isn't amazing because of X, Y and Z" and just appreciate the accomplishment in the moment?

thats why we shouldnít judge eras and players we didnít see like all things are equal. They arenít. I appreciate the fact the Harden is a great player and had a great game I also understand that he plays in a era the inflates the stats of lead guards in comparison to some other eras. Thats not taking anything away from James

FlashBolt
02-05-2018, 05:37 PM
thats why we shouldnít judge eras and players we didnít see like all things are equal. They arenít. I appreciate the fact the Harden is a great player and had a great game I also understand that he plays in a era the inflates the stats of lead guards in comparison to some other eras. Thats not taking anything away from James

No one ever said the 1990's inflated the stats of centers/PF's... It's not a discredit to James. He's unstoppable right now.

AIRMAR72
02-05-2018, 06:08 PM
No one ever said the 1990's inflated the stats of centers/PF's... It's not a discredit to James. He's unstoppable right now.
Harden has been force in the league from day1 playing at OKC his playing style fits in any era because he consistently draws foul and get buckets plus his IQ and handles are nothing to sleep on

ewing
02-06-2018, 07:03 AM

B/c dominate post up bigs was historically consistent up to the point. However trends of the era should totally be accounted for when assessing player complishments in the 90s. Im not discrediting Harden.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2018, 02:02 PM
McGrady was the most tantalizing talent i have ever seen. He could do anything on the court. But he was way more Iverson than most of us want to admit. Hardens impact totally dwarfs his.

mightybosstone
02-06-2018, 03:38 PM
McGrady was the most tantalizing talent i have ever seen. He could do anything on the court. But he was way more Iverson than most of us want to admit. Hardens impact totally dwarfs his.

:nod: Exactly.

valade16
02-06-2018, 03:55 PM
If Harden keeps up his play 3 of the last 4 MVPs will have all played for OKC at the same time. Good lord that is rough.