PDA

View Full Version : John Wall out 6-8 weeks, undergoing knee procedure

kdspurman
01-30-2018, 11:44 AM

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 11:49 AM
Imo Dragic should get in now but it will probably be Drummond.

mightybosstone
01-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Wow. That's devastating news if you're Washington. They're sitting at 6th, but they're only a game and a half out from the 4th seed and definitely could have pulled off home court advantage in the first round. But they're also only two games ahead of Philly for the 8th seed with a Detroit team sitting 4.5 back that may have just gotten much better. Now I'm wondering if they can stay in the playoff hunt at all.

We're about to learn a lot about how good Bradley Beal and Otto Porter are. I'm a fan of those guys, but I'm not sure they're good enough to carry the Wizards for two months and keep Washington above .500.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 11:57 AM
Wow. That's devastating news if you're Washington. They're sitting at 6th, but they're only a game and a half out from the 4th seed and definitely could have pulled off home court advantage in the first round. But they're also only two games ahead of Philly for the 8th seed with a Detroit team sitting 4.5 back that may have just gotten much better. Now I'm wondering if they can stay in the playoff hunt at all.

We're about to learn a lot about how good Bradley Beal and Otto Porter are. I'm a fan of those guys, but I'm not sure they're good enough to carry the Wizards for two months and keep Washington above .500.

Parker is back Friday. Bucks got a easy patch here. We make up ground quickly here. Even before Walls injury Bucks stomped them easy. Kidd fired. Prunty rotation better and consistent. Bucks gonna be rolling.

mightybosstone
01-30-2018, 12:02 PM
Parker is back Friday. Bucks got a easy patch here. We make up ground quickly here. Even before Walls injury Bucks stomped them easy. Kidd fired. Prunty rotation better and consistent. Bucks gonna be rolling.

Mmm... I'm a "see it to believe it" kind of guy. I want to see how this team operates with Parker back and how he plays before I consider them serious contenders in the East with Boston, Toronto and Cleveland. They should crack the top 4 now, but they haven't done it before, so I'm going to remain skeptical until they prove otherwise.

warfelg
01-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Imo Dragic should get in now but it will probably be Drummond.

I would put Simmons pretty high on that list.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 12:16 PM
Mmm... I'm a "see it to believe it" kind of guy. I want to see how this team operates with Parker back and how he plays before I consider them serious contenders in the East with Boston, Toronto and Cleveland. They should crack the top 4 now, but they haven't done it before, so I'm going to remain skeptical until they prove otherwise.

Bucks were #4 seed before the Knight trade deadline. I know we got snubbed for All Stars that year yet #4. Yeah none of our guys scored over 20 for average. Was all team ball that season of like 6 or so guys score mid teens. Bucks gave Raptors a good run in the playoffs last year. That was without a Parker or Bledsoe. Also lockdown Brown on our team. Man this gonna be gravy. Also no Kidd is a huge difference. We moved up 3 spots for defense already in a couple games. 4-0 with Prunty. Only tough patch for our schedule is Wolves tonight and Raptors and maybe Nuggets. Rest all shitball teams.

beasted86
01-30-2018, 12:16 PM
Don't see how a guy sits for a year and comes back flowing midseason either.

Probably tons of rust mixed with forced effort to get a payday (and contract offers from teams outside the Bucks).

If they stand down and management thinks their "big mid season move" will just be adding Parker back and that's it, you guys setting yourself up for disappointment.

Can anyone jog our memory, who was the last guy to come back from a torn ACL mid season (not during training camp) and perform up to expectations? I like Parker as a young player and hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt he moves the needle forward.

warfelg
01-30-2018, 12:19 PM
Don't see how a guy sits for a year and comes back flowing midseason either.

Probably tons of rust mixed with forced effort to get a payday (and contract offers from teams outside the Bucks).

If they stand down and management thinks their "big mid season move" will just be adding Parker back and that's it, you guys setting yourself up for disappointment.

Can anyone jog our memory, who was the last guy to come back from a torn ACL mid season (not during training camp) and perform up to expectations? I like Parker as a young player and hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt he moves the needle forward.

Not to add working his way back in with gamespeed and chemistry.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 12:19 PM
I would put Simmons pretty high on that list.

I bet you would. Simmons nice stats of 16.5pts 7.3ast 7.9reb. But you guys barely hanging onto 8th seed playoffs. Should be a team higher in the standings like Heat Dragic or Bucks Middleton or Bledsoe. Drummond but Pistons not in the playoffs at #9 seed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 12:26 PM
Parker was ready to play 2 or 3 months ago. Also trimmed down. That isn't chunky Parker like most of you guys seen before. He was dunking over guys 3 months ago already. Raining threes. Yeah running around in a practice isn't game shape. But by playoffs. He will be another scoring option.

Also Giannis at super star status and we got Bledsoe which nullified the Wizards this year for us. Brogdon picking it up. Rookie Brown is a lockdown defender and awesome three point shooter. Oh and I said no Kidd. Middleton shaken the early season rust off. No more stooping down to the competition.

Were going gangbusters here on out. Also our bench picked it up for 3 point shooting. Jet,Delly,Snell picked it up. Our defense is way better. 4 games without Kidd and we jumped three spots for defense in the league already.

warfelg
01-30-2018, 12:33 PM
I bet you would. Simmons nice stats of 16.5pts 7.3ast 7.9reb. But you guys barely hanging onto 8th seed playoffs. Should be a team higher in the standings like Heat Dragic or Bucks Middleton or Bledsoe. Drummond but Pistons not in the playoffs at #9 seed.

Well Silver picks the replacement and he's going to pick a marketable player that's on a decent team. Picking a player just because he's on a better team is weak. Or else CP3 would be an all star.

KnicksorBust
01-30-2018, 12:34 PM
My first two picks in fantasy were Cousins and Wall. Feel bad for me not the men with real life problems who have to spend months rehabbing and might never return to their elite status.

mightybosstone
01-30-2018, 12:45 PM
My first two picks in fantasy were Cousins and Wall. Feel bad for me not the men with real life problems who have to spend months rehabbing and might never return to their elite status.

On the flip side, I have Beal on my fantasy team, so I'm trying hard not to view the positives of this...

KnicksorBust
01-30-2018, 12:48 PM
On the flip side, I have Beal on my fantasy team, so I'm trying hard not to view the positives of this...

:laugh:

Points or categories? I'm in a categories league and I needed rebounds/blocks so I traded Beal earlier in the year to get Whiteside. :facepalm:

mightybosstone
01-30-2018, 12:55 PM
:laugh:

Points or categories? I'm in a categories league and I needed rebounds/blocks so I traded Beal earlier in the year to get Whiteside. :facepalm:

It's categories. I do it every year with guys from the Rockets forum. I've sucked the last few seasons, but I autodrafted this year and lucked out with Kyrie, Durant, Beal and Gobert. Don't feel bad, though. Last season I freaked out too early when my team was tanking and let freaking Jokic go after a really slow start. I regretted that immensely...

Toxeryll
01-30-2018, 05:09 PM
Parker was ready to play 2 or 3 months ago. Also trimmed down. That isn't chunky Parker like most of you guys seen before. He was dunking over guys 3 months ago already. Raining threes. Yeah running around in a practice isn't game shape. But by playoffs. He will be another scoring option.

Also Giannis at super star status and we got Bledsoe which nullified the Wizards this year for us. Brogdon picking it up. Rookie Brown is a lockdown defender and awesome three point shooter. Oh and I said no Kidd. Middleton shaken the early season rust off. No more stooping down to the competition.

Were going gangbusters here on out. Also our bench picked it up for 3 point shooting. Jet,Delly,Snell picked it up. Our defense is way better. 4 games without Kidd and we jumped three spots for defense in the league already.

Meh, you always hype them up but your team always end up being a disappointment.

LaVar Ball
01-30-2018, 05:15 PM

Hanging by the thread with 8th seed? WTF?!

Dude, Sixers have been the worst team in the league the last 5 years. Getting to the 8th seed with a second year injury prone center and a Simmons whose first official year is this year due to injury last year and still having young pieces with a 3 pt shooting Reddick on a 1 yr deal is a huge improvement!

Simmons absolutely deserves to be an all-star!

beasted86
01-30-2018, 09:02 PM
Meh, you always hype them up but your team always end up being a disappointment.

Agreed.

Miami is the absolute definition of mediocre, don't have a guy sniffing 20 PPG, and ready to sweep the season series with the Bucks while they had key guys injured.

Bucks offense predictable, defense under achieving, rebounding dismal. They are also a thoroughly mediocre team that needs to put a defensive anchor an a better shooting PG on the floor.

mightybosstone
02-01-2018, 11:12 PM
This is worth bringing up again. Wall's missed three games, and the Wizards are 3-0 with back-to-back wins against the Thunder and Raptors. This is obviously a ridiculously small sample size, but if they keep this up, at some point we'll have to ask ourselves whether the Wizards might be better, or at least as good, without Wall, who's taken a step back this season.

JasonJohnHorn
02-02-2018, 11:43 PM
Apparently the Wiz have better ball movement when Wall isn't on the court. Sounds surprising for a guy who gets so many assists, but he's got one of the highest second-with-the-ball-per-possession averages in the league and is only 25 in passes (not assists).

He may convert his passes into assists, but when he is so selective about even passing the ball, and isn't an efficient scorer, it can hurt the team's offense, because the options he doesn't see as good may be better than him putting the ball up himself.

He's a great defender, but...

Three games since is a small sample size, but they won all three, beat a team that beat them soundly two games earlier (OKC) and the toppled the team with the best record in the East.

They look like they can play well without him. It may be time for the Wiz to field trade offers for this guy.