PDA

View Full Version : Embiid All NBA First Team 30% max

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2018, 10:57 AM
Not sure how this goes on for a bonus. But he gets 30% more if hes All NBA First team. With Cousins out Embiid easily has this. Does this bonus go onto next season or this season contract? Goes from 5/$148M to 5/$179M.

warfelg
01-28-2018, 10:59 AM
It just changes it from a standard max to super max if he’s 1st team NBA, 1st team defense, or MVP.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2018, 11:06 AM
So this changes a little bit for free agents next summer?

IndyRealist
01-28-2018, 11:13 AM
It's really not a given that he's 1st team. Cousins wasn't either.

Horford, Jokic, Towns, and Whiteside are probably the frontrunners for 1st team, imo. Gobert will get defensive 1st team.

IndyRealist
01-28-2018, 11:15 AM
The supermax does not affect your current contract, just your next one.

Scoots
01-28-2018, 11:24 AM

Horford, Jokic, Towns, and Whiteside are probably the frontrunners for 1st team, imo. Gobert will get defensive 1st team.

Whiteside has already missed 18 games so I'd take him out of that list, and Gobert has missed even more. I don't think you can say anything with certainty right now.

IndyRealist
01-28-2018, 11:41 AM
Whiteside has already missed 18 games so I'd take him out of that list, and Gobert has missed even more. I don't think you can say anything with certainty right now.

I don't think there's any reason to think either of them will miss enough games to not qualify, but it doesn't really matter. Just saying Embiid isn't a given for the supermax.

warfelg
01-28-2018, 12:10 PM
The supermax does not affect your current contract, just your next one.

And his next one kicks in this summer.

In all honesty to makeup the difference we could salary dump Bayless or stretch him and be set.

Scoots
01-28-2018, 12:47 PM
I don't think there's any reason to think either of them will miss enough games to not qualify, but it doesn't really matter. Just saying Embiid isn't a given for the supermax.

Absolutely. I think they'll qualify by rule, I just don't think they'll be selected. Embiid has a chance, but not a good chance to get there.

KB24PG16
01-28-2018, 01:41 PM
I believe he just has to make one of the all-nba teams, not necessarily 1st team. hayward and george missed out on the supermax because they didnt make any of the teams

IndyRealist
01-28-2018, 02:34 PM
I believe he just has to make one of the all-nba teams, not necessarily 1st team. hayward and george missed out on the supermax because they didnt make any of the teams

I'm not even sure it applies to this contract. I think they have to be going into their 3rd contact.

FlashBolt
01-28-2018, 10:16 PM
Embiid may very well get injured so there is no certainty with the guy.

warfelg
01-28-2018, 10:29 PM

Same goes for literally any NBA player. Last two days proved that.

Jamiecballer
01-28-2018, 10:40 PM
I honestly don't get why they would even offer that. They made a huge commitment to him and he hadn't even earned what they paid him in his first deal. Great deal for the big man, who I love btw so don't get your panties in a bunch here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
01-28-2018, 11:01 PM
Same goes for literally any NBA player. Last two days proved that.

You and I both know the difference.

More-Than-Most
01-28-2018, 11:06 PM

Cousins might be done now as well... No telling if he will ever be the same... Funny how that works huh?????

FlashBolt
01-28-2018, 11:26 PM
Cousins might be done now as well... No telling if he will ever be the same... Funny how that works huh?????

With that injury, as most of us have already said, yes.. Chances are Cousins won't be the same. Why are you having difficulty grasping health professionals regarding the health of TALL players and severe injuries? It's like you think you have the education and experience they don't.

Scoots
01-28-2018, 11:35 PM
With that injury, as most of us have already said, yes.. Chances are Cousins won't be the same. Why are you having difficulty grasping health professionals regarding the health of TALL players and severe injuries? It's like you think you have the education and experience they don't.

I think their point is that your point is pointless. ALL debates of what might happen in the future are moot if the player(s) in question get injured.

They know Embiid has missed a lot of time with injuries so you didn't tell them that.

I guess I don't really know what knowledge you were trying to convey either.

FlashBolt
01-28-2018, 11:39 PM
I think their point is that your point is pointless. ALL debates of what might happen in the future are moot if the player(s) in question get injured.

They know Embiid has missed a lot of time with injuries so you didn't tell them that.

I guess I don't really know what knowledge you were trying to convey either.

Read the first post by the OP.

"Not sure how this goes on for a bonus. But he gets 30% more if hes All NBA First team. With Cousins out Embiid easily has this. Does this bonus go onto next season or this season contract? Goes from 5/$148M to 5/$179M."

I'm saying, Embiid's injury prone history makes this far from certain that he "easily" has this. And a player who has an injury prone history is more likely to get injured in the future, no? That's my point.

Scoots
01-28-2018, 11:57 PM
Read the first post by the OP.

"Not sure how this goes on for a bonus. But he gets 30% more if hes All NBA First team. With Cousins out Embiid easily has this. Does this bonus go onto next season or this season contract? Goes from 5/$148M to 5/$179M."

I'm saying, Embiid's injury prone history makes this far from certain that he "easily" has this. And a player who has an injury prone history is more likely to get injured in the future, no? That's my point.

Okay. Well, first I don't think Embiid easily has it even if he stays healthy, second, I didn't get that that was the point you were making. If that was your point then I agree. If Embiid misses a significant amount of time this year it will impact his ability to win one of those awards this year.

More-Than-Most
01-29-2018, 01:20 AM

Or its like understanding how stupid of an argument you keep trying to make without understanding its different from player to play situation to situation etc etc etc... Like I said Cousins is now injury prone I guess? How about KP??? You are spending all of your time worrying/expecting injuries when different guys are going down each day... I guess conley is now injury prone? Embiid is fully healthy with no injuries right now LIKE WE STATED... He has had 0 foot injuries since his initial setback 2 years ago... He had a fluke injury that most players get last year... Continue to ignore all of this and try predicting the future while embiid continues to dominate.

32 minutes a game check... Almost 40 games already CHECk... He will go over 60 games played this year with 32 plus minutes per game while putting up 24/11 and being a top choice for defensive player of the year and possibly leading the sixers to a top 4 seed... BUT HE IS CLEARLY INJURED lol

FlashBolt
01-29-2018, 02:43 AM
Okay. Well, first I don't think Embiid easily has it even if he stays healthy, second, I didn't get that that was the point you were making. If that was your point then I agree. If Embiid misses a significant amount of time this year it will impact his ability to win one of those awards this year.

Haven't I already established what my point was?

Or its like understanding how stupid of an argument you keep trying to make without understanding its different from player to play situation to situation etc etc etc... Like I said Cousins is now injury prone I guess? How about KP??? You are spending all of your time worrying/expecting injuries when different guys are going down each day... I guess conley is now injury prone? Embiid is fully healthy with no injuries right now LIKE WE STATED... He has had 0 foot injuries since his initial setback 2 years ago... He had a fluke injury that most players get last year... Continue to ignore all of this and try predicting the future while embiid continues to dominate.

32 minutes a game check... Almost 40 games already CHECk... He will go over 60 games played this year with 32 plus minutes per game while putting up 24/11 and being a top choice for defensive player of the year and possibly leading the sixers to a top 4 seed... BUT HE IS CLEARLY INJURED lol

Lol... You are a clown, dude. Lol, please got banned. Don't be the next.

More-Than-Most
01-29-2018, 04:31 AM
Haven't I already established what my point was?

Lol... You are a clown, dude. Lol, please got banned. Don't be the next.

banned for using logic and the understanding of the sport of basketball :shrug:

More-Than-Most
01-29-2018, 04:33 AM
whoops my bad... forgot to add -all star-

FlashBolt
01-29-2018, 04:40 AM
banned for using logic and the understanding of the sport of basketball :shrug:

Logic = More injuries you incur = more injury prone you will be in the future.

I already explained to you that DMC is most likely going to be dealing with more injuries than he has strictly due to the nature of his injury. Achilles injuries are tough to get past and if you are a tall bulky player, that means you're even more exposed to it.

As for Conley, again, I think you have trouble understanding that I am referring to mostly tall players when I mention Embiid. Tall players have had the worst transitioning from an injury than any other position. Do you know how many tall players who could play basketball but can't due to the strain in their body? There is a repeated history of tall injury prone players having to retire much earlier and forfeitting a historical career due to these injuries. Like I said, you can continue thinking that I am hammering J.Embiid with "hate" because I don't trust his health as a player but you have never once heard me talk bad about Embiid's B-Ball skills. Why is that? Oh, because you are a softy and get upset over someone who talks about his injuries?

KB24PG16
01-29-2018, 04:53 AM
I'm not even sure it applies to this contract. I think they have to be going into their 3rd contact.

I think it does anthony davis was on his second contract when he missed out on money too because he didnt make an all-nba team

More-Than-Most
01-29-2018, 05:24 AM
Logic = More injuries you incur = more injury prone you will be in the future.

I already explained to you that DMC is most likely going to be dealing with more injuries than he has strictly due to the nature of his injury. Achilles injuries are tough to get past and if you are a tall bulky player, that means you're even more exposed to it.

As for Conley, again, I think you have trouble understanding that I am referring to mostly tall players when I mention Embiid. Tall players have had the worst transitioning from an injury than any other position. Do you know how many tall players who could play basketball but can't due to the strain in their body? There is a repeated history of tall injury prone players having to retire much earlier and forfeitting a historical career due to these injuries. Like I said, you can continue thinking that I am hammering J.Embiid with "hate" because I don't trust his health as a player but you have never once heard me talk bad about Embiid's B-Ball skills. Why is that? Oh, because you are a softy and get upset over someone who talks about his injuries?

Curry?

Crawford?

CP3?

Baron Davis?

Al Jefferson?

Kyle Lowry?

Grant Hill?

Amare?????

Livingston?

Elgin Baylor????????????????

I could do this all day... Oh yea there was this guy named Mike Jordan who broke his foot in a bad injury year 2 and well he went on to be the best player ever..... MY GOD THEY SHOULD HAVE CUT HIM RIGHT AFTER... Like I said keep using your bias and lack of understanding that all cases are different while continually showing your lack of understanding of both embiid and injury issues in basketball overall. Players get hurt but for the 40th time the main concern with embiid was a foot... a foot injury that has not been hurt in 2 years now.... I guess the inability to play in back to backs though is such a massive massive deal :laugh:

More-Than-Most
01-29-2018, 05:28 AM
Injury type: Torn ACL
Injury year: 2009
Pre-injury stats: 331 G, 14.9 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.6 SPG, 1.2 BPG
Post-injury stats: 370 G, 18.9 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 2.0 APG, 0.8 SPG, 1.4 BPG

Al Jefferson has had a frustrating career in that whenever he starts to get some momentum going, injuries have slowed him down. The centerpiece of the trade that sent Kevin Garnett to the Celtics, Jefferson blossomed in Minnesota and was looking like an All-Star when he tore his ACL 50 games into the 2008-09 season. His recovery went smoothly, and in the five years since he has shown year-over-year improvement to the point that last year he was named to the All-NBA Third Team, the first individual honor of his career.

Injury type: Knee cartilage damage
Injury year: 2005
Pre-injury stats: 217 G, 19.9 PPG, 8.9 RPG, 1.3 APG, 0.9 SPG, 1.4 BPG
Post-injury stats: 518 G, 20.6 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 1.3 APG, 0.7 SPG, 1.3 BPG

Before he became a punchline and cautionary tale against max deals for players with a bad injury history, Amar’e Stoudemire was one of the great comeback injury stories in recent NBA history. When he underwent microfracture surgery on his left knee in October of 2005, little was known about the recovery process. History has shown that this type of surgery can rob a player of his athleticism, but Stoudemire bucked the usual trend and instead averaged 20.4 points and 9.6 rebounds per game in 2006-07, making the All-Star team. This touched off five straight years of 20-plus PPG from the power forward, who also overcame a detached retina that threatened to end his 2009 season.

Injury type: Torn right ACL
Injury year: 1985
Pre-injury stats: 540 G, 23.7 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 3.1 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG
Post-injury stats: 334 G, 20.6 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 3.6 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.1 BPG

While playing for the Knicks in the mid-1980s, Bernard King began to emerge as one of the most explosive athletes the league had ever seen. He scored in bunches, thanks in part to his ability to get out on the break and finish at the rim better than arguably anybody else in the league. He became the first player in 20 years to score 50-plus points in back-to-back games, and scored 60 points in a game on Christmas Day in 1984. However, just three months later, he tore his ACL while defending the Kings’ Reggie Theus. He did not play again for over two calendar years, returning for the final six games of the 1986-87 season. Although the Knicks cut him, a less-explosive King nevertheless went on to have a productive end to his career with the Washington Bullets, making the All-Star team in 1991.

Injury type: Detached kneecap
Injury year: 1965
Pre-injury stats: 493 G, 30.2 PPG, 15.4 RPG, 4.3 APG
Post-injury stats: 353 G, 22.4 PPG, 10.5 RPG, 4.1 APG

Perhaps the greatest player in NBA history never to win a ring, Elgin Baylor fought through persistent knee trouble throughout his career to become one of the most exceptional small forwards of all-time. His most major injury was a dislocated patella suffered during the 1965 season, which required surgery and limited him to 65 games the following year. While Baylor put up career-worst numbers in 1966 (and failed to make the All-Star team for the first time in his career), he came back strong the following year and returned to his standard levels of production.

More-Than-Most
01-29-2018, 05:29 AM
I could do this all day.

warfelg
01-29-2018, 10:11 AM
This is hitting at and boarderline baiting as to what gets every Sixers fan heated. Talking like Embiid is the only player to ever have injury problems.

Paul George missed time with a broken leg.....maybe no one should pay him.
Kyrie Irving had a bunch of knee problems....no one said maybe the Celtics shouldn't trade for him because of injuries.
Steph Curry had a bunch of ankle injuries....no one questioned him getting the max.

And saying "it's been a while" is nothing more than an excure. because people bring up all the time that injury prone is a stigma that Embiid has to live with....well it should be for a heck of a bunch more players too. Guys like Porzingis, AD, CP3 don't get hit with that stigma. Blake Griffon just got one and there was barely any talk about him missing at least 20 games a year to injury.

So really all we ask is if you are going to talk about Embiid as if he's some glass figure....talk the same way about these other dudes who have missed a bunch of time with injuries year in and year out.

Vinylman
01-29-2018, 10:16 AM
This is hitting at and boarderline baiting as to what gets every Sixers fan heated. Talking like Embiid is the only player to ever have injury problems.

Paul George missed time with a broken leg.....maybe no one should pay him.
Kyrie Irving had a bunch of knee problems....no one said maybe the Celtics shouldn't trade for him because of injuries.
Steph Curry had a bunch of ankle injuries....no one questioned him getting the max.

And saying "it's been a while" is nothing more than an excure. because people bring up all the time that injury prone is a stigma that Embiid has to live with....well it should be for a heck of a bunch more players too. Guys like Porzingis, AD, CP3 don't get hit with that stigma. Blake Griffon just got one and there was barely any talk about him missing at least 20 games a year to injury.

So really all we ask is if you are going to talk about Embiid as if he's some glass figure....talk the same way about these other dudes who have missed a bunch of time with injuries year in and year out.

People should talk more about the injury risks of these contracts... in no other sport does one or two players make such a large percentage of the payroll. Injuries to your top 2 players can devastate a franchise for years

TheDish87
01-29-2018, 12:12 PM

Whiteside isnt going to make any team. They sit him in the 4th bcuz he refuses to play defense, hes a stat padder. Embiid is the front runner, the others are very close though and there is a lot of season left.