PDA

View Full Version : Cousins out for the year.

lakerfan85
01-27-2018, 12:28 AM
Torn Achilles.

Per Woj.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-27-2018, 12:29 AM
**** man..

Dade County
01-27-2018, 12:30 AM
And it begins

LOb0
01-27-2018, 12:33 AM
Really sucks for everyone. He had Achilles problems before. This isn't looking good future wise.

lakerfan85
01-27-2018, 12:35 AM
I can’t see anyone offering him a max deal now..

LOb0
01-27-2018, 12:37 AM

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/knicks2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

tredigs
01-27-2018, 12:39 AM
I hope this is not true.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-27-2018, 12:39 AM

Was just going to say..

Even though Cousins is young, the sad part is that Kobe was never the same after the Achilles tear, and Cousins is a Center to make it worse. This is devastating for Boogie

CityofTreez
01-27-2018, 12:40 AM
Cuz missed some time with us, but nothing like this.
Feel for him and NO

Hustla23
01-27-2018, 12:48 AM
Devastating injury for any athlete.

A torn achilles might be as bad if not worse than an ACL tear.

Hawkeye15
01-27-2018, 12:57 AM
Ugh, bad injury for an athlete. Wish him good luck.

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 01:08 AM
One of those, "what if" moments for Pelicans. They could have gotten Cleveland's BKLYN pick.

Dade County
01-27-2018, 01:15 AM
He will still get offered a Max contract, but just most likely by a team that on the norm couldn't attract a big time player.

I still see teams going for him, but I don't see N.O offering him a Max contract, because if it doesn't workout; they wouldn't be able to try to get another player in there to help AD.

To me, this injury means that AD will be gone sooner then later. Big picture.

LA_Raiders
01-27-2018, 01:17 AM
That's ****ed up

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 01:17 AM
He will still get offered a Max contract, but just most likely by a team that on the norm couldn't attract a big time player.

I still see teams going for him, but I don't see N.O offering him a Max contract, because if it doesn't workout; they wouldn't be able to try to get another player in there to help AD.

To me, this injury means that AD will be gone sooner then later. Big picture.

And you know Cavs are upset as well. Gotta wonder if they had DMC on their backpocket if they ever needed to make a trade. That's no longer an option. May very well have to come to the realization that this season is done for the Cavs as well.

lol, please
01-27-2018, 01:18 AM
Really sucks for everyone. He had Achilles problems before. This isn't looking good future wise.It sucks, but hopefully he can bounce back and still be an impactful player.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
01-27-2018, 01:18 AM
Does he his open up door for AD trade?

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 01:20 AM
Does he his open up door for AD trade?

No, why would it? AD is so far up in contract that he can't just say, "I want out." He is legally obligated to play for them for quite some time. Now, if there was a year or two remaining, I can see it being so.

LOb0
01-27-2018, 01:31 AM
No, why would it? AD is so far up in contract that he can't just say, "I want out." He is legally obligated to play for them for quite some time. Now, if there was a year or two remaining, I can see it being so.

Still has 3 years after this year. What a waste of some of his prime.

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 01:32 AM
So with DMC out, who's the All-Star replacement? Wonder if they could get PG in there now.

Dade County
01-27-2018, 01:35 AM
And you know Cavs are upset as well. Gotta wonder if they had DMC on their backpocket if they ever needed to make a trade. That's no longer an option. May very well have to come to the realization that this season is done for the Cavs as well.

We'll I have always stated that if the Cav's was in any trade talks with N.O, it would have been for AD, not Cuz.

I actually think even more so now, that teams will try to offer packages for AD. It's done for N.O.

The thing is, N.O has no way they can make themselves into a contender. They won't throw a max contract at Cuz after this. So whats the point.

You are right that AD is signed with them, but as the reports grow that he wants out, the team isn't going to hold on to him, it doesn't work that way.

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2018, 01:49 AM
Cousins career might take a noise dive

Two words

“Elton Brand”

He sucked after his achillies injury

kobe4thewinbang
01-27-2018, 01:59 AM
Damn. Just, damn. Dude was having a monster year. The other night, a strong triple-double. Pelicans likely in the playoffs. Now, I don't know. This sucks. That, and achilles-anything is never, never good. Best wishes to Boogie.

kobe4thewinbang
01-27-2018, 02:06 AM
How much impact would y'all say this has on his next contract?

LOb0
01-27-2018, 02:09 AM

A lot. Still might be some insane team willing to overpay. This is the NBA.

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 02:13 AM
We'll I have always stated that if the Cav's was in any trade talks with N.O, it would have been for AD, not Cuz.

I actually think even more so now, that teams will try to offer packages for AD. It's done for N.O.

The thing is, N.O has no way they can make themselves into a contender. They won't throw a max contract at Cuz after this. So whats the point.

You are right that AD is signed with them, but as the reports grow that he wants out, the team isn't going to hold on to him, it doesn't work that way.

They have time to work it out is my point. No point in trading AD who is clearly a top ten NBA player. They need to consider trying to add elite talent and then look to trade if it becomes another bum season next. The market for AD is not going away. They can trade him next season and he'll still be as valuable as he is this season.

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 02:15 AM

A lot. Foot problems for big players are always a concern you can't forget. DeMarcus is a huge center. He'll likely never be the same in terms of footwork and getting to the paint. It's entirely possible that Joel Embiid is the NBA's best center next season and the next years.

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 02:22 AM
Out 6-10 months.. Free agency period after this season.. couldn't have happened at a worse time.

BKLYNpigeon
01-27-2018, 02:23 AM
at least Cuz made money on his first extension.

Mr.B
01-27-2018, 02:23 AM

The Mavs gave a huge deal (not max) to Wes Matthews after he tore his achilles. They were rumored to be all in on Boogie in FA, I wouldn’t be shocked if they still made him a huge offer.

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 02:25 AM
The Mavs gave a huge deal (not max) to Wes Matthews after he tore his achilles. They were rumored to be all in on Boogie in FA, I wouldn’t be shocked if they still made him a huge offer.

They have no choice. No one wants to go to Dallas Mavs. Not an insult to ya'll but this is their chance to get someone elite.

Mr.B
01-27-2018, 02:27 AM
A lot. Foot problems for big players are always a concern you can't forget. DeMarcus is a huge center. He'll likely never be the same in terms of footwork and getting to the paint. It's entirely possible that Joel Embiid is the NBA's best center next season and the next years.

Embiid was probably already the leagues best center.

Mr.B
01-27-2018, 02:31 AM
They have no choice. No one wants to go to Dallas Mavs. Not an insult to ya'll but this is their chance to get someone elite.

I completely agree. NBA free agents have never wanted to come to Dallas. This is not recent either, this has ALWAYS been the case, even before Cuban bought the team. I’m interested to find out if they actually do still offer him a huge deal.

kobe4thewinbang
01-27-2018, 02:33 AM
Embiid was probably already the leagues best center.No chance! Embiid has been a surprising delight and has shown promise, but Cousins supremacy this year is undisputed! He's shown all the skills, makes you wonder what the heck he was doing earlier in his career.

Hopefully he used his money well from that extension, as this will be tough to recover from.

Shame he won't see the playoffs either. Well, at least not from the court if the Pelicans were to survive and get in.

LOb0
01-27-2018, 02:44 AM
I completely agree. NBA free agents have never wanted to come to Dallas. This is not recent either, this has ALWAYS been the case, even before Cuban bought the team. I’m interested to find out if they actually do still offer him a huge deal.

It's kind of odd. They're first class, loyal. Not sure why players wouldn't want to sign.

I could totally see Cuban taking an overpaying chance on Boogie.

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 03:02 AM
It's kind of odd. They're first class, loyal. Not sure why players wouldn't want to sign.

And it's an amazing city. It would actually be a top five team if I was a free agent. Mark Cuban is one of the best owners in sports.

GREATNESS ONE
01-27-2018, 03:03 AM

No one wants to go to OKC! Lolz not even the “fans”!

GREATNESS ONE
01-27-2018, 03:04 AM

It’s not just Dallas. Houston and OKC have awesome teams and can’t even get butts in the seats! It’s sad really..

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 03:06 AM
No one wants to go to OKC! Lolz not even the “fans”!

What are you talking about? We're ranked one of the highest in attendance...

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 03:07 AM
It’s not just Dallas. Houston and OKC have awesome teams and can’t even get butts in the seats! It’s sad really..

http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/allPct

It doesn't seem like it but OKC has very loyal fans. We had one of the best fanbases and still do. Our fans are actually genuine.. not bandwagoners like Warr-- I mean Lakers fans..

WaDe03
01-27-2018, 03:35 AM

Nah Pelicans weren't trading Cousins for that pick. They want to keep him and build with him and AD

GREATNESS ONE
01-27-2018, 03:43 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/allPct

It doesn't seem like it but OKC has very loyal fans. We had one of the best fanbases and still do. Our fans are actually genuine.. not bandwagoners like Warr-- I mean Lakers fans..

Yikes :facepalm: how many games you been too this year my friend?

GREATNESS ONE
01-27-2018, 03:44 AM
Nah Pelicans weren't trading Cousins for that pick. They want to keep him and build with him and AD
Pelican should should just do what they do and trade AD. Cousins going down is huge

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 03:48 AM
Yikes :facepalm: how many games you been too this year my friend?

So I'm guessing you are a troll now as well?

hallzi43
01-27-2018, 04:39 AM
Pelican should should just do what they do and trade AD. Cousins going down is huge

Pretty much this. They don't even have any chips to really bargain with to give them any sort of push at this point. They went all in on this duo.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 04:45 AM
****in horrible. On a damn near meaningless free throw too, game was just about done, what bad luck.

Pels were starting to look better and better too. That sucks.

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 05:35 AM
Pretty much this. They don't even have any chips to really bargain with to give them any sort of push at this point. They went all in on this duo.

And they gave away Tyreke Evans for that trade. I remember it was a steal. Still was. But Tyreke has been balling and now DMC can't even play. Gotta feel for the guy.

D-Leethal
01-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Do the Pels want Kanter?

mightybosstone
01-27-2018, 11:12 AM
I feel awful for Cousins and New Orleans. Getting to the postseason was going to be huge for him and for that team. And it's a huge loss for fans. I was really looking forward to seeing if he could step up in the postseason and lose that moniker of "good regular season player" and "good stats, bad team guy."

I wonder how much this will impact his signing in the offseason. Will not getting to play in the playoffs lead him with a bad taste in his mouth for the Pelicans? Will other teams be hesitant to offer him the super max because he's coming off a serious injury?

Ty Fast
01-27-2018, 11:25 AM
So with DMC out, who's the All-Star replacement? Wonder if they could get PG in there now.

I’d say CP3 but I wonder if its gotta be a front court player

KingPosey
01-27-2018, 11:42 AM
I saw this yesterday and it bummed me the **** out

prodigy
01-27-2018, 11:48 AM
id still trade JR Smith for him

lol, please
01-27-2018, 12:08 PM

Two words

“Elton Brand”

He sucked after his achillies injuryYea well to be fair, bodies recover differently

warfelg
01-27-2018, 12:11 PM
A lot of these names popping up in the “was never the same after” seem to have been older than Boogie is when they got hurt.

lol, please
01-27-2018, 12:11 PM
I saw this yesterday and it bummed me the **** outWas hoping Cousins could erase his stigmas and be a recognized, dominant center

LaVar Ball
01-27-2018, 12:19 PM
I’d say CP3 but I wonder if its gotta be a front court player

CP missed way too many games to be considered an all star.

Give it to Paul George.

Vee-Rex
01-27-2018, 12:32 PM
Sucks big time.

Crazy thing about it is he injured himself after fighting for the rebound on a free throw he missed.

This never would've happened if he had made the free throw. :(

KingstonHawke
01-27-2018, 12:32 PM

You're crazy if you don't think he's getting a max. If I'm the Cavs, I not only give him the max, but I trade that Nets pick to the Pelicans to do so (as long as they don't go on some crazy losing streak).

If LeBron stays then you're talking about LeBron, Love, Cousins, and whoever you traded Thomas to get. You don't need Cousins until playoff time so he could sit until Feruary if needed. If Cousins is half of what he is now that's a team I'd favor over the Warriors.

And if LeBron leaves, then you've ensured that you still have a future for the franchise. Plus I think Cousins and Love compliment each other perfectly. Thought the Lakers should've tried to put them together a few years ago when Love was a FA and Cousins was on the block and got traded for less than what he Lakers could've offered. Kobe, Cousins, and Love... might've even got Kobe to take the MLE to bring in a third after his deal expired. No way he retires if he's on a competitive team.

And before anyone ask. Yes, you can trade injured players.

Vee-Rex
01-27-2018, 12:36 PM
You're crazy if you don't think he's getting a max. If I'm the Cavs, I not only give him the max, but I trade that Nets pick to the Pelicans to do so (as long as they don't go on some crazy losing streak).

If LeBron stays then you're talking about LeBron, Love, Cousins, and whoever you traded Thomas to get. You don't need Cousins until playoff time so he could sit until Feruary if needed. If Cousins is half of what he is now that's a team I'd favor over the Warriors.

And if LeBron leaves, then you've ensured that you still have a future for the franchise. Plus I think Cousins and Love compliment each other perfectly. Thought the Lakers should've tried to put them together a few years ago when Love was a FA and Cousins was on the block and got traded for less than what he Lakers could've offered. Kobe, Cousins, and Love... might've even got Kobe to take the MLE to bring in a third after his deal expired. No way he retires if he's on a competitive team.

And before anyone ask. Yes, you can trade injured players.

Thing is, it's not like Cousins fractured his elbow or his hand and miss time.

A torn achilles is one of worst injuries a professional athlete can have, and especially for an NBA big. There's a chance he's never the same again.

GREATNESS ONE
01-27-2018, 01:21 PM
So I'm guessing you are a troll now as well?

Nope just calling it like I see it. They might sell the seats but it’s like where’s all the people? Granted I have only watched about 4/5Thunder games, a few of which they played the Lakers. My dad lives in Oklahoma, don’t want to offend anyone but that place is depressing lol

GREATNESS ONE
01-27-2018, 01:23 PM

Yup AD value is an all-time high right now, they can get a butt load of assets and start over. You can get Tatum+fillers + 3/4picks from Boston.

KingstonHawke
01-27-2018, 01:34 PM
Thing is, it's not like Cousins fractured his elbow or his hand and miss time.

A torn achilles is one of worst injuries a professional athlete can have, and especially for an NBA big. There's a chance he's never the same again.

I get that. I'm accounting for that possibility actually. Let's say there's a 50/50 chance he's the same 25 and 13 player he was this year, or that he only comes back at 2/3s the ability. That's still 16 and 8 and you're getting the rare center that can hit a spot up three with consistency.

And what do you have to give away? What's most likely a top 5-10 pick in next years draft. I'd rather take the chance on Cousins recovery and get rid of a terrible contract than take the chance trying to draft a star of the future outside of the top 2 picks. Especially because it doesn't help you keep LeBron drafting that Nets pick. He's gotta feel like he has a chance to beat the Warriors going forward.

D-Leethal
01-27-2018, 01:38 PM
Lakers get Cousins
Pels get Kanter and a pick (from LA)
Knicks get Pope

Who says no?

Scoots
01-27-2018, 01:46 PM
CP missed way too many games to be considered an all star.

Give it to Paul George.

It's up to the coach of the LeBron team ... almost certain to be Dwane Casey.

Scoots
01-27-2018, 01:46 PM
Lakers get Cousins
Knicks get Pope

Who says no?

The Lakers.

GREATNESS ONE
01-27-2018, 01:50 PM
Lakers get Cousins
Knicks get Pope

Who says no?

Pass on giving up a pick but you’re onto something.

D-Leethal
01-27-2018, 01:58 PM
Pass on giving up a pick but you’re onto something.

That's a major discounted rate for Boogie. It's a power play for this years FA period that they seem to be all-in on.

I guess there would need to be some backchannel assurances that Boogie would at least sign a 2 year KD/LBJ deal with 2nd year PO and allow them a year to try and build something sustainable around him.

Mr.B
01-27-2018, 02:04 PM

I think it’s location. Dallas is a great place if you’re raising a family. It does have a night life but nothing to the level of the coastal teams. Young 20 something millionaires want to party and be seen. Teams like the Lakers, Warriors, Knicks, and Heat will always do better than Dallas in free agency. They also don’t have the tradition of a team like Boston.

mrblisterdundee
01-27-2018, 02:08 PM
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/knicks2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/6d/98/40/6d984006d5b24340cc5b86f2716637fa.jpg

Mr.B
01-27-2018, 02:10 PM
Yea well to be fair, bodies recover differently

It took Wes Matthews two years but he finally looks like they player he was in Portland before he tore his achilles.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 02:33 PM
Damn I was really happy for the guy this year.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2018, 02:34 PM
that sucks. he was starting to look like a really good offensive player. i would have loved to see how he did in the playoffs. hopefully it doesn't destroy his physical capabilities and he can come back just the same.

JLynn943
01-27-2018, 03:10 PM
Really sucks. He was playing great basketball. I was looking forward to seeing how NO would do in the playoffs. Hope Boogie makes a full recovery.

LOb0
01-27-2018, 03:14 PM
Yup AD value is an all-time high right now, they can get a butt load of assets and start over. You can get Tatum+fillers + 3/4picks from Boston.

I'd do this now if I'm the Pels. Try to get Boston to overpay as much as possible while you still have maximum leverage over AD. I'd be so sad to give up Tatum.

Vee-Rex
01-27-2018, 03:32 PM
I'd do this now if I'm the Pels. Try to get Boston to overpay as much as possible while you still have maximum leverage over AD. I'd be so sad to give up Tatum.

I think if Boston can acquire this lineup:

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Davis
Horford

Then they should trade Tatum + fillers (Morris, Baynes, Smart) + 2 1st rounders (2018 LAL pick, 2019 LAC pick [which is heavily protected anyway]).

That's the only way they can get the money to add up without trading Horford.

That would be a STRONG lineup that would instantly become best in the East, probably 2nd best (or maybe even better than GS) team under Stevens in the NBA. Add in some vets who can defend and shoot, and they're golden. They'd have the best chance of any team to beat Golden State.

And they'd STILL have the 2019 Memphis 1st rounder and 2019 Philadelphia 1st rounder.

Scoots
01-27-2018, 03:35 PM
Boogie should just sign a 2 year MLE with the Warriors and play for a title in 2020 and be a UFA with a ring.

mrblisterdundee
01-27-2018, 04:18 PM

Is Boston ready to trade four guys — maybe Tatum, Brown, Morris and Baynes — along with a possible first-round a pick to get Davis? Maybe New Orleans can throw in a useful reserve player like Allen to provide a little more depth. But the Pelicans aren't taking back Horford's massive contract, and they're not trading Kyrie or Hayward. After those guys, all of Boston's contracts are around $5 million or less. In the end, I guess it'd be worth it to land Davis, with the rest of the core locked in at least three years.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Boogie should just sign a 2 year MLE with the Warriors and play for a title in 2020 and be a UFA with a ring.

I don't think he's a puss so I doubt it.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 05:15 PM
I don't think he's a puss so I doubt it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this new trend lebron started. I think it bodes well for the players to have control over their own careers. This is only the first step, we've already seen 3 legitimate super teams formed in the past two years (warriors, rox, thunder, maybe even minny and boston could be argued but they need to develop still), lebron free agency looming this summer, the whole way that teams build and try to attract free agents is gonna be different from now on.

I'm sure the players absolutely love it, and I don't think Cousins wanting to team up with someone (like in new orleans already, or with any other big names, maybe other free agents even like paul george) makes him a puss. It makes him smart.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 05:18 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with this new trend lebron started. I think it bodes well for the players to have control over their own careers. This is only the first step, we've already seen 3 legitimate super teams formed in the past two years (warriors, rox, thunder), lebron free agency looming this summer, the whole way that teams build and try to attract free agents is gonna be different from now on.

I'm sure the players absolutely love it, and I don't think Cousins wanting to team up with someone (like in new orleans already, or with any other big names, maybe other free agents even like paul george) makes him a puss. It makes him smart.

Never realized Lebron signed for the MLE to get a title then leave.

lol, please
01-27-2018, 05:18 PM
I don't think he's a puss so I doubt it.So now every above average player who signs with a better team is a vagina?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

nastynice
01-27-2018, 05:19 PM
Never realized Lebron signed for the MLE to get a title then leave.

Neither did I. Either way, has nothing to do with my post. I'm talking about player movement and how its in their hands now. I think teaming up is the direction the nba is headed, and lots of players gonna be on board with it.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 05:21 PM
So now every above average player who signs with a better team is a vagina?

Gordon Hayward, Chris Paul, even gm's are doing the same through trade moves.

I guess every year gonna have a bunch of vag players, but that's just where the nba is headed now

PAOboston
01-27-2018, 05:22 PM
This was worst case scenario for NOP. Team was finally playing well, AD/DMC gelling well together, team positioned to finally make playoffs. Injury couldn't have come at a worst time for them as they are trying to placate their star player.

Now, it's likely NOP falls out of playoff race and the future of DMC there is now clouded with his serious injury in his contract year. I'd be very wary of throwing a max deal at someone like Cousins after achilles injury. The history of big men coming back from an injury like that is just not good. Without cap space or any blue chip players that could be traded for another star, I don't realistically see a way NOP can make themselves a legit palyoff team with Davis on the roster.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-27-2018, 05:27 PM

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 05:28 PM
Nope just calling it like I see it. They might sell the seats but it’s like where’s all the people? Granted I have only watched about 4/5Thunder games, a few of which they played the Lakers. My dad lives in Oklahoma, don’t want to offend anyone but that place is depressing lol

The facts show that the seats are being sold. It's irrelevant whether or not they actually attend. They paid for it. And I don't know what you're talking about. OKC is almost always full. One of the best fan arenas...

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 06:20 PM
Neither did I. Either way, has nothing to do with my post. I'm talking about player movement and how its in their hands now. I think teaming up is the direction the nba is headed, and lots of players gonna be on board with it.

Then it looks like you qouted me by mistake the first time then.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 06:21 PM

No but a superstar signing for the MLE strictly for a title instead of competing for one is.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 06:49 PM
Then it looks like you qouted me by mistake the first time then.

Nope, you mentioned Cousins being a puss to join an established team/players.

Its the future of the nba bro, get ready to watch a lot of puss players wreck this league. Like I said, gs, okc, and hou are only the beginning. We already see kyrie and paul george starting to dictate their careers last year. Its only gonna keep trending that way

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 08:11 PM

Its the future of the nba bro, get ready to watch a lot of puss players wreck this league. Like I said, gs, okc, and hou are only the beginning. We already see kyrie and paul george starting to dictate their careers last year. Its only gonna keep trending that way

Going to a better team is fine. Being an MVP level talent and joining a 73 win team that recently won a title is the puss move. Lebron never did that. If Cousins does, then he'd have done that (Cousins could potentially be on the MVP radar at some point).

Scoots
01-27-2018, 08:11 PM
No but a superstar signing for the MLE strictly for a title instead of competing for one is.

It wouldn't be "strictly for a title" ... he could sit for a year and rehab, rehab his reputation a little, AND win a title and get a max contract. Right now I doubt he's going to sign a max contract, so it wouldn't cost him much at all to play for the Warriors :)

nastynice
01-27-2018, 08:32 PM
Going to a better team is fine. Being an MVP level talent and joining a 73 win team that recently won a title is the puss move. Lebron never did that. If Cousins does, then he'd have done that (Cousins could potentially be on the MVP radar at some point).

Not entirely sure what's going on with you, but again, I responded to the idea that trying to join other stars or better teams is a puss move. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I don't know, what I DO know is that is the direction the nba is heading and its only gonna keep trending. Again, the warriors, rox, cavs, and thunder have all made major puss moves recently and its only the beginning. Expect more puss moves this summer.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 08:33 PM
It wouldn't be "strictly for a title" ... he could sit for a year and rehab, rehab his reputation a little, AND win a title and get a max contract. Right now I doubt he's going to sign a max contract, so it wouldn't cost him much at all to play for the Warriors :)

That's what's so beautiful about our system. Its give and take. Players know their value gonna jump through the roof playing along side curry and the curry system (complete opposite of some other stars). We get talent, they get paid.

Chronz
01-27-2018, 08:39 PM

Player movement existed before Bron. Remember when Wilt demanded a trade

Chronz
01-27-2018, 08:41 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with this new trend lebron started. I think it bodes well for the players to have control over their own careers. This is only the first step, we've already seen 3 legitimate super teams formed in the past two years (warriors, rox, thunder, maybe even minny and boston could be argued but they need to develop still), lebron free agency looming this summer, the whole way that teams build and try to attract free agents is gonna be different from now on.

If he approaches free agency like Bron then it's ok. It's when they resort to the pussification of kd that they get exposed

Chronz
01-27-2018, 08:43 PM

No. Your confusion stems from imposing vague breakdown when arguments like this are context dependant. I know context is something dub fans have been struggling with of late

Chronz
01-27-2018, 08:45 PM
That's what's so beautiful about our system. Its give and take. Players know their value gonna jump through the roof playing along side curry and the curry system (complete opposite of some other stars). We get talent, they get paid.
Show me one instance of that happening

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 08:50 PM
Not entirely sure what's going on with you, but again, I responded to the idea that trying to join other stars or better teams is a puss move.

But it's not. Paul George, Carmello, CP3, Cousins; those weren't puss moves.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I don't know,

Why are you commenting if you "don't know"?

what I DO know is that is the direction the nba is heading and its only gonna keep trending.

Wrong. It's been this way for decades.

Again, the warriors, rox, cavs, and thunder have all made major puss moves recently and its only the beginning.

The Rockets didn't, neither did the Cavs or Thunder. And actually, no team makes "puss moves", only the players can.

Expect more puss moves this summer.

Unless there's another $25 cap explosion, I don't see any puss moves happening. The Warriors won't have the space (assuming they win it all this year).

jaydubb
01-27-2018, 08:50 PM
957259399042555904Interesting.. Though it's odd because I don't think even if boogie finished the season, he'd be top 5 in mvp voting.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 08:56 PM

It hasn't. It's more gibberish from a blinded fan that's on a different level, bbiq wise. And in fact, it's the opposite. A non difference maker can recreate their career in GS because they'd just have to come in and do little. Anyone think West will do what's he's doing now somewhere else? JaVale had a sort of reset last year and he got no offers (that mattered at least, he's still vet-minimuming). Ian Clark? Bogut? Speigths? Barbossa? These guys are really lighting up the league after they left GS. The only one that's sorta making a difference is Barnes and he's the man on one of the worst teams in the league.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 09:09 PM

I think you are confusing yourself here.

If Cousins signed with GSW for the MLE for the title, that would be a new low for the NBA. It doesnt relate anything close to what other guys did (hence why you bringing up Lebron is useless)

TrueFan420
01-27-2018, 09:11 PM
True Bron didn't do that but before Bron we had never seen an MVP and once in a generation talent take a paycut to join a top 5 (future HOF) and top 15 player at the time. As well as go on TV and talk about how that team was going to win 7 championships. At the time everyone called that a puss move too. And guess what KD didn't do that. Cousin won't join the warriors but if he did as a FA whatever his reasons their his alone and his choice. We can be as critical as we like as that's our right but who are we to judge what he thinks is best for him. I was very critical of what Bron did. Looking back at it ultimately he has to do what's best for him no matter what anyone thinks of it.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 09:16 PM
Player movement existed before Bron. Remember when Wilt demanded a trade

You don't feel over the past 5 or so years players have gained more power in dictating their own careers? I do, and its good. I think the league will get better, there's already a lot of excitement surrounding okc and houston's potential and what they will look like moving forward. I expect more teams/players to join the movement

nastynice
01-27-2018, 09:18 PM
If he approaches free agency like Bron then it's ok. It's when they resort to the pussification of kd that they get exposed

So its cool to join other top superstars as long as their team isn't already good? haha, ok, whatever float your boat

What if its a good team with only all stars, no super stars. That's ok? lol

nastynice
01-27-2018, 09:20 PM

bazemore, barnes, ezeli, I expect to see the same with mccaw and bell.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 09:23 PM

But it's not. Paul George, Carmello, CP3, Cousins; those weren't puss moves.

Why are you commenting if you "don't know"?

Wrong. It's been this way for decades.

The Rockets didn't, neither did the Cavs or Thunder. And actually, no team makes "puss moves", only the players can.

Unless there's another $25 cap explosion, I don't see any puss moves happening. The Warriors won't have the space (assuming they win it all this year).

So creating a stacked team is NOT a puss move? So what would you define cp3's move as? Is it because they were under a certain win total? What's the cut off?

I'm just going by your definitions so forgive me. You said the warriors were already great and adding a top flight player is a puss move. Same can't be said of the rockets? Or like I said, is there a cut off for how good a team could be before adding another star without it being a puss move?

You never seem to know **** from ****, doesn't stop you from commenting. What you coming after me for? :D

nastynice
01-27-2018, 09:25 PM
It hasn't. It's more gibberish from a blinded fan that's on a different level, bbiq wise. And in fact, it's the opposite. A non difference maker can recreate their career in GS because they'd just have to come in and do little. Anyone think West will do what's he's doing now somewhere else? JaVale had a sort of reset last year and he got no offers (that mattered at least, he's still vet-minimuming). Ian Clark? Bogut? Speigths? Barbossa? These guys are really lighting up the league after they left GS. The only one that's sorta making a difference is Barnes and he's the man on one of the worst teams in the league.

Check a couple posts back.

your memory is bad

nastynice
01-27-2018, 09:27 PM
I think you are confusing yourself here.

If Cousins signed with GSW for the MLE for the title, that would be a new low for the NBA. It doesnt relate anything close to what other guys did (hence why you bringing up Lebron is useless)

Correct me if I'm wrong, those three guys didn't take paycuts in miami to get a ring..?

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 09:36 PM

Bazemore is really knocking it out of the park. Didn't he get benched after he signed a big contract? And he played for the Lakers and starting to shine, he was scrubby on the Warriors. Don't give that as a good example. Ezeli? Has he played since his Warriors days? Is he still with the Trailblazers (who have some awful FA signings lately). I already covered Barnes. Came in to be The Man and the Mavs stink. And it was an overlay because Cuban has to shell out more to attractliterally anybody.

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 09:42 PM
So creating a stacked team is NOT a puss move?

WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS ****ING NUMEROUS TIMES. No, creating isn't a puss move. Never know you're going to gel and there is/was any fluidity when it's just BOOM, we're all together.

So what would you define cp3's move as? Is it because they were under a certain win total? What's the cut off?

The Rockets are a good team, but no, joining a good team isn't the same as joining a team that people have said is the best team ever.

I'm just going by your definitions so forgive me. You said the warriors were already great and adding a top flight player is a puss move. Same can't be said of the rockets?

73 wins is an all time record. A championship the year bevfore that. GOAT team discussion. Rockets aren't close to any of those.

Or like I said, is there a cut off for how good a team could be before adding another star without it being a puss move?

Yes, 73 wins, championship the year before, GOAT team discussion. God damn it.

You never seem to know **** from ****, doesn't stop you from commenting. What you coming after me for? :D

Lol

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 09:44 PM
True Bron didn't do that but before Bron we had never seen an MVP and once in a generation talent take a paycut to join a top 5 (future HOF) and top 15 player at the time. As well as go on TV and talk about how that team was going to win 7 championships. At the time everyone called that a puss move too. And guess what KD didn't do that. Cousin won't join the warriors but if he did as a FA whatever his reasons their his alone and his choice. We can be as critical as we like as that's our right but who are we to judge what he thinks is best for him. I was very critical of what Bron did. Looking back at it ultimately he has to do what's best for him no matter what anyone thinks of it.

I'll get to you. 10% phone charge.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, those three guys didn't take paycuts in miami to get a ring..?

What does their paycut have to do with a superstar accepting the MLE?

nastynice
01-27-2018, 09:50 PM
What does their paycut have to do with a superstar accepting the MLE?

Giving up money to get a ring.

*bap*bap is this thing on..?

Why you riding me like the hater crew? lol. stop.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 09:51 PM
Bazemore is really knocking it out of the park. Didn't he get benched after he signed a big contract? And he played for the Lakers and starting to shine, he was scrubby on the Warriors. Don't give that as a good example. Ezeli? Has he played since his Warriors days? Is he still with the Trailblazers (who have some awful FA signings lately). I already covered Barnes. Came in to be The Man and the Mavs stink. And it was an overlay because Cuban has to shell out more to attractliterally anybody.

Bro, that's my point, they play here, value jumps, they get paid.

Thanks for reinforcing my entire point in a way to sound like you're opposing me. Keeps things interesting :)

nastynice
01-27-2018, 09:58 PM
WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS ****ING NUMEROUS TIMES. No, creating isn't a puss move. Never know you're going to gel and there is/was any fluidity when it's just BOOM, we're all together.

The Rockets are a good team, but no, joining a good team isn't the same as joining a team that people have said is the best team ever.

73 wins is an all time record. A championship the year bevfore that. GOAT team discussion. Rockets aren't close to any of those.

Yes, 73 wins, championship the year before, GOAT team discussion. God damn it.

Lol

Ok, so if the hawks from 2 years ago added a star, that's a puss move? But if lebron, KD, AD, steph, and cousins all joined at a new place, that's kosher? That seems kinda stupid, but hey, whatever works

So basically you're saying its ok for good teams to get better so long as they don't get too good? lmaooo. Well, I've known that was the fuel of the psd hate crew this whole time, but its just funnier when its actually written out like that

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 10:00 PM
Giving up money to get a ring.

*bap*bap is this thing on..?

Why you riding me like the hater crew? lol. stop.

His post clearly indicates MLE. Accepting the MLE for a title is clearly different from other scenarios.

The worst part about this is you jumped in a conversation by assuming, then instead of dropping it when you realized you were wrong about the directio , you kept going.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 10:15 PM
His post clearly indicates MLE. Accepting the MLE for a title is clearly different from other scenarios.

The worst part about this is you jumped in a conversation by assuming, then instead of dropping it when you realized you were wrong about the directio , you kept going.

No, its that you made a statement that could be taken as either general or case specific. I responded (and continue to) respond to it in a general sense, while you keep trying to be specific.

2 convos for the price of 1. Can't beat that

Scoots
01-27-2018, 10:17 PM
You guys do get that it was a joke right? DMC is not going to accept the MLE let alone be offered it. If he plays next year (he probably shouldn't), he won't be a superstar based on the history of players coming back from Achilles tears.

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 10:20 PM
Ok, so if the hawks from 2 years ago added a star, that's a puss move? But if lebron, KD, AD, steph, and cousins all joined at a new place, that's kosher? That seems kinda stupid, but hey, whatever works

So basically you're saying its ok for good teams to get better so long as they don't get too good? lmaooo. Well, I've known that was the fuel of the psd hate crew this whole time, but its just funnier when its actually written out like that

It's a waste of time talking to you. Atlanta didn't win ****, that murderers row of talent is different in that there's ****ing five of them. There's no way that that could happen.

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 10:22 PM
Bro, that's my point, they play here, value jumps, they get paid.

Thanks for reinforcing my entire point in a way to sound like you're opposing me. Keeps things interesting :)

Bazemore didn't start playing until he was with the Lakers. He put up good numbers on a trash team and earned a contract from that. What in the **** are you talking about?

nastynice
01-27-2018, 10:32 PM
Bazemore didn't start playing until he was with the Lakers. He put up good numbers on a trash team and earned a contract from that. What in the **** are you talking about?

He was starting in Atlanta at one point

nastynice
01-27-2018, 10:33 PM
You guys do get that it was a joke right? DMC is not going to accept the MLE let alone be offered it. If he plays next year (he probably shouldn't), he won't be a superstar based on the history of players coming back from Achilles tears.

You knew exactly what you were doing with that hater bait, haha

I see you Scoots. I see you bro

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 10:40 PM
True Bron didn't do that but before Bron we had never seen an MVP and once in a generation talent take a paycut to join a top 5 (future HOF) and top 15 player at the time.

That wasn't that big of a paycut. You're reaching.

As well as go on TV and talk about how that team was going to win 7 championships. At the time everyone called that a puss move too.

And I never got why. New team wants to throw a pep rally? ESPN wants to make money on it and televise it? Who cares?

And guess what KD didn't do that

No, he just stayed inside and didn't get out of bed for days because even HE knew it was the biggest puss move ever. And he admitting to that.

Cousin won't join the warriors but if he did as a FA whatever his reasons their his alone and his choice.

And it would be our choice to dictate how we perceive the move to be.

We can be as critical as we like as that's our right but who are we to judge what he thinks is best for him.

Even he knew it was a straight puss move.

I was very critical of what Bron did. Looking back at it ultimately he has to do what's best for him no matter what anyone thinks of it.

Again, he left a crappily run organization to start over with a fresh-hadnt-yet-proved-anything-team with friends in Miiami for a great GM. Be critical of that? Whatevs.

Chronz
01-27-2018, 10:52 PM
You don't feel over the past 5 or so years players have gained more power in dictating their own careers? I do, and its good. I think the league will get better, there's already a lot of excitement surrounding okc and houston's potential and what they will look like moving forward. I expect more teams/players to join the movement

F no, there's just shorter contracts and teams had more money to throw. Wilt demanded a trade, kaj demanded one, mj threatened to retire, the biggest of stars always rule their teams but I guess scrubs might feel more empowered but I'm not buying the narrative

nastynice
01-27-2018, 10:55 PM
F no, there's just shorter contracts and teams had more money to throw. Wilt demanded a trade, kaj demanded one, mj threatened to retire, the biggest of stars always rule their teams but I guess scrubs might feel more empowered but I'm not buying the narrative

Oh yea, they've always been pressuring front offices, but I DEF feel it's becoming diff now. Any big name getting ready to hit the market now, teams are gonna try and stack as much going into that off-season to sell them something good

We'll see these next few years

Chronz
01-27-2018, 10:59 PM
So its cool to join other top superstars as long as their team isn't already good? haha, ok, whatever float your boat

What if its a good team with only all stars, no super stars. That's ok? lol
It's all about context. It's cool to join stars if you're all creating a new threat to challenge the powers that be, simply joining said powers is totally weaker. It shows you weren't even willing to build something up, then we consider where they came from and how they performed (context) and its no surprise kd had such an embarrassing off-season when he should be celebrating.

You suffer from the same problems as lol, plz, you can't use vague terminology to a highly contextualized argument. Like age still matters, are the players you're joining on the decline like wade already was or are you dickriding a historic core on the rise? So much to consider I can't spell it all out for you, just know what floats my boat is context. Try embracing it sometime, you'll have a nice buoyant boat

Chronz
01-27-2018, 11:00 PM
What exactly am I suppose to see here?

TrueFan420
01-27-2018, 11:02 PM
That wasn't that big of a paycut. You're reaching.

And I never got why. New team wants to throw a pep rally? ESPN wants to make money on it and televise it? Who cares?

No, he just stayed inside and didn't get out of bed for days because even HE knew it was the biggest puss move ever. And he admitting to that.

And it would be our choice to dictate how we perceive the move to be.

Even he knew it was a straight puss move.

Again, he left a crappily run organization to start over with a fresh-hadnt-yet-proved-anything-team with friends in Miiami for a great GM. Be critical of that? Whatevs.
I'd like to have broken the responses up the same way but I'm on my phone.

They still needed to take pay cuts to make it work. It's not reaching its fact.

It was just an absurd amount of arrogance that rubbed many the wrong way.

My point was more geared to say just because they didn't do it the exact same way doesn't mean they can't be compared. Both moves were considered weak at the time they happened by the majority of people who follow the game.

No doubt.

You have no idea what he's thinking but ok.

I didn't have an issue with him leaving the Cavs more so how he made it so public with the TV show and declaration of the 7 rings... always been more of a get it done on the court/field and leave the rest of the stuff alone. Yes the means I'm not a fan of all the stupid social media stuff that KD does. Plus while Bron's a great player his personality just rubs me the wrong way so I'm likely always going to be a little more critical in general.

Chronz
01-27-2018, 11:04 PM
Oh yea, they've always been pressuring front offices, but I DEF feel it's becoming diff now. Any big name getting ready to hit the market now, teams are gonna try and stack as much going into that off-season to sell them something good

We'll see these next few years
Teams have always done that. Well at least in their minds. Tho there are dumb teams

nastynice
01-27-2018, 11:13 PM
Teams have always done that. Well at least in their minds. Tho there are dumb teams

Nah but now it's seems to be more about top heavy and big names

I remember when the Boston big 3 formed, it's was a big deal. We weren't used to seeing that. Now it's almost a little expected, I'm def expecting to see a big splash next year, also a few more in the next few.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 11:17 PM
No, its that you made a statement that could be taken as either general or case specific. I responded (and continue to) respond to it in a general sense, while you keep trying to be specific.

2 convos for the price of 1. Can't beat that

I responded to a specific statement he made. Not sure how you can confuse that to the point where you are starting a new conversation no one was having.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 11:18 PM

Thanks for clarifying. I'd be careful though for the mods next time since it could easily be taken as you baiting other fans.

nastynice
01-27-2018, 11:29 PM
It's all about context. It's cool to join stars if you're all creating a new threat to challenge the powers that be, simply joining said powers is totally weaker. It shows you weren't even willing to build something up, then we consider where they came from and how they performed (context) and its no surprise kd had such an embarrassing off-season when he should be celebrating.

You suffer from the same problems as lol, plz, you can't use vague terminology to a highly contextualized argument. Like age still matters, are the players you're joining on the decline like wade already was or are you dickriding a historic core on the rise? So much to consider I can't spell it all out for you, just know what floats my boat is context. Try embracing it sometime, you'll have a nice buoyant boat

I get context, but so what? At the end of the day this team is just too good and you're mad about it, that's all there is to it. So you guys keep trying to draw this line in the sand where everything is on one side and what the warriors and kd did is on the other. Great, no one cares.

It's not exactly what LeBron did, I get that, but it's def on the heels of his move, and so I find that funny because the people that hate on kd the hardest are more often than not also defending LeBron the hardest. So I find that **** funny

nastynice
01-27-2018, 11:31 PM
I responded to a specific statement he made. Not sure how you can confuse that to the point where you are starting a new conversation no one was having.

I expanded on what you said. It's not that difficult

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2018, 11:38 PM
I expanded on what you said. It's not that difficult

Nope. There wasn't anything to expand on what I said. You went off a completely different direction (which is 100% fine) but it gets watered down because you are trying to defend as if it's related to what I said.

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 11:45 PM
I'd like to have broken the responses up the same way but I'm on my phone

So am I..

They still needed to take pay cuts to make it work. It's not reaching its fact.

So did KD. Never brought up paycuts. Who cares.

It was just an absurd amount of arrogance that rubbed many the wrong way.

Says a Dubs fan. Are you losing any sleep over all the stupid stuff they've done the past few years?

My point was more geared to say just because they didn't do it the exact same way doesn't mean they can't be compared. Both moves were considered weak at the time they happened by the majority of people who follow the game.

And so people with KD. Going to turn against him?

No doubt.

Cool.

You have no idea what he's thinking but ok.

That's why he stayed in. He's admitted to it. You don't think the multiple twitter accounts shows something?

I didn't have an issue with him leaving the Cavs more so how he made it so public with the TV show and declaration of the 7 rings... always been more of a get it done on the court/field and leave the rest of the stuff alone. Yes the means I'm not a fan of all the stupid social media stuff that KD does.

ESPN wants ratings. And it raised money for charity. Never knew why those things are problems.

Plus while Bron's a great player his personality just rubs me the wrong way so I'm likely always going to be a little more critical in general.

There it is.

Saddletramp
01-27-2018, 11:47 PM
Nah but now it's seems to be more about top heavy and big names

I remember when the Boston big 3 formed, it's was a big deal. We weren't used to seeing that. Now it's almost a little expected, I'm def expecting to see a big splash next year, also a few more in the next few.

But it was pre Heatles! I thought Bron started it all?

nastynice
01-28-2018, 12:01 AM
Nope. There wasn't anything to expand on what I said. You went off a completely different direction (which is 100% fine) but it gets watered down because you are trying to defend as if it's related to what I said.

If you think what I said is not related then your English needs a lil work

nastynice
01-28-2018, 12:01 AM
lol, wtf is going on?

nastynice
01-28-2018, 12:04 AM
But it was pre Heatles! I thought Bron started it all?

Boston the precursor to the LeBron move. If Boston's big 3 never formed there's a good chance miami's doesn't either. He looked at kg's situation, staying in Minnesota, he like **** that I'm out. Big 3 on big 3

TrueFan420
01-28-2018, 12:07 AM
So am I..

So did KD. Never brought up paycuts. Who cares.

Says a Dubs fan. Are you losing any sleep over all the stupid stuff they've done the past few years?

And so people with KD. Going to turn against him?

Cool.

That's why he stayed in. He's admitted tonit. You don't think the multiple twitter accounts shows something?

ESPN wants ratings. And it raised money for charity. Never knew why those things are problems.

There it is.

Cheers to you for taking the time to that.

People care that's why they bring it up but ok.

It's a game dude. There's litterally nothing about any of this that would ever cause me to lose sleep.

Ok we can leave this one as it's more off point and no I don't like any of his social media stuff.

Plenty of ways to raise money for a charity without all of the look at me spectacle stuff... or the 7 rings stuff either.

I may not like his personality and be extra critical but that doesn't mean I don't recognize his talent. In the court he's a beast and his skills are crazy but his off court stuff rubs me the wrong way. That also doesn't mean I turn every thread into a bash Bron fest.

Saddletramp
01-28-2018, 12:33 AM

It's a game dude. There's litterally nothing about any of this that would ever cause me to lose sleep.

Ok we can leave this one as it's more off point and no I don't like any of his social media stuff.

Plenty of ways to raise money for a charity without all of the look at me spectacle stuff... or the 7 rings stuff either.

I may not like his personality and be extra critical but that doesn't mean I don't recognize his talent. In the court he's a beast and his skills are crazy but his off court stuff rubs me the wrong way. That also doesn't mean I turn every thread into a bash Bron fest.

Alright. Only point I want to counter is the charity raising. The more the merrier. And the 7 rings comment was just a jokey ad lib. Sue 'em.

Oh, and we might disagree on some things but thanks for not trolling. And thanks for being smart enough to get basic common sense. That's not always the case around here.

Saddletramp
01-28-2018, 12:36 AM
Boston the precursor to the LeBron move. If Boston's big 3 never formed there's a good chance miami's doesn't either. He looked at kg's situation, staying in Minnesota, he like **** that I'm out. Big 3 on big 3

So get off of Lebron's jock and go yell at those guys.

nastynice
01-28-2018, 12:39 AM
So get off of Lebron's jock and go yell at those guys.

Why would I yell at them? I'm glad. Look where we are. I'm glad boston assembled, I'm glad lebron did the same, I'm glad he then won in cleveland in 2016...look at this ****in team bro! What is there to yell at anyone for?

I thank ALL of them :)

Chronz
01-28-2018, 01:21 AM
I get context, but so what? At the end of the day this team is just too good and you're mad about it, that's all there is to it. So you guys keep trying to draw this line in the sand where everything is on one side and what the warriors and kd did is on the other. Great, no one cares.

It's not exactly what LeBron did, I get that, but it's def on the heels of his move, and so I find that funny because the people that hate on kd the hardest are more often than not also defending LeBron the hardest. So I find that **** funny

Honestly bro, I'm not mad but bored by the idea of the union. We missed out on so much competition cuz kd did something no true competitor would. I disagree that no one cares, the **** kd movement is strong bro. I was actually at a bar downtown recently and the crowd legit boo'd whenever a close up of kd came on. I left with like 2 dudes numbers and 1 YouTube connection. If it weren't for kd, i would've appeared gay. But in a world where You got kd flirting with Rihanna and then her trashing his move, its gotta **** with him inside (hence the fake online identities), its simply stupid to assume no one cares. Hey here's a thought, your vague generalizations aren't gospel either, especially in the face of overwhelming context.

What you find funny is irrelevant to me, I only care about how you defend your stance (it's been my mantra since day 1 of the interwebs) and you've utterly failed in trying to lump kd in with Bron. It fails on so many levels you really don't know how much of a homer you have become.

Chronz
01-28-2018, 01:23 AM

Copy and paste takes time now? Lmfao ahh dub fans, the gift that keeps on giving.

Chronz
01-28-2018, 01:28 AM
Alright. Only point I want to counter is the charity raising. The more the merrier. And the 7 rings comment was just a jokey ad lib. Sue 'em.

Oh, and we might disagree on some things but thanks for not trolling. And thanks for being smart enough to get basic common sense. That's not always the case around here.
7 rings really lets you know how disconnected they are. I've asked this forever now with not a single answer. Why do people make a big deal about a hype concert for Miami fans but COMPLETELY ignore a more serious interview setting where he shows humility about the process? Like, did none of you see Shaqs arrival in Miami? Or riley/reds proclamation of dominance? Has the new generation become so pussified they rather their stars run to ready made record breakers than boast of unknown dominance? Wtf millennials?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-28-2018, 01:30 AM
If you think what I said is not related then your English needs a lil work

Ehh not really. You went far out from what my post was about. My comment was clearly about a player being a "puss" if he accepted the MLE (essentially buying a title) for a title then leaving. You clearly thought I was talking about something else, hence you responded with random things and using the same terminologies I used but you used it in the inappropriate context.

Chronz
01-28-2018, 01:33 AM
Why would I yell at them? I'm glad. Look where we are. I'm glad boston assembled, I'm glad lebron did the same, I'm glad he then won in cleveland in 2016...look at this ****in team bro! What is there to yell at anyone for?

I thank ALL of them :)

I loved the Boston big 3 too. They created something new and revived an old rivalry with the Lakers creating something new. Then Bron created something new. Then kd joined a team that was ALREADY on that level.

Chronz
01-28-2018, 01:39 AM
Ehh not really. You went far out from what my post was about. My comment was clearly about a player being a "puss" if he accepted the MLE (essentially buying a title) for a title then leaving. You clearly thought I was talking about something else, hence you responded with random things and using the same terminologies I used but you used it in the inappropriate context.

Don't worry brother, the context was clear as day, many dub fans just have this delusion, an utter disconnect from reality, a state of cognitive dissonance if you will. It's hard to blame them, how ecstatic would you be to be on a historic level and then add a player of kds caliber. None of us will ever know what that feels like. I don't know if you've every done ecstasy or experienced the morning after shrooms but you FEEL like you have all the answers despite a chemical imbalance, that's dub fan

TrueFan420
01-28-2018, 02:03 AM

This place was much better when people didn't troll eachother. Jibs are fine as it's sports but there's a huge difference between the two. Far more fun to actually talk about sports. Especially when we disagree. If we all shared the same opinion what's there to talk about or learn.

GREATNESS ONE
01-28-2018, 02:22 AM
This place was much better when people didn't troll eachother. Jibs are fine as it's sports but there's a huge difference between the two. Far more fun to actually talk about sports. Especially when we disagree. If we all shared the same opinion what's there to talk about or learn.

:smoking: can't we all just get along?

nastynice
01-28-2018, 02:55 AM

lmao, sure bro

nastynice
01-28-2018, 02:56 AM
I loved the Boston big 3 too. They created something new and revived an old rivalry with the Lakers creating something new. Then Bron created something new. Then kd joined a team that was ALREADY on that level.

and..?

nastynice
01-28-2018, 02:59 AM

I got you man

I be tryina jib and weave, but I get caught up too much lately. I can't help it, just look at the post above. Talk about the big 3 and how that affected lebron and how that affected kd and the response is again, bro what they did is different! derrrp. like wtf, lol

I gotta be better tho.

I will be :)

Saddletramp
01-28-2018, 03:51 AM
Chronz gettin' dudes numbers and talking about doing ecstasy in the same thread. Thanks, New Orleans!

Saddletramp
01-28-2018, 03:53 AM

We got closer to an even playing field today. Here's hoping it's permanent.

EDIT: IT IS!

Chronz
01-28-2018, 06:48 AM
Well seeing as time doesn't stop yes copying and pasting takes time. Also what does my fandom have to do with anything but please continue being a$s for no reason.

You literally just copy the quote part of the formula and that's it. I mean, I would think it takes the same amount of time since you still addressed each point and I imagine you constantly look up to verify his argument. Idk but yeah, your fandom has embarrassed me for psd, sticking to it

Chronz
01-28-2018, 06:50 AM
and..?
And it's FAR different than anything ANYONE has ever done, downright against what many stars would have done. Butt I guess I should stop hating, I should appreciate that kd doesn't have that level of greatness in him, my bad

Chronz
01-28-2018, 06:51 AM
I got you man

I be tryina jib and weave, but I get caught up too much lately. I can't help it, just look at the post above. Talk about the big 3 and how that affected lebron and how that affected kd and the response is again, bro what they did is different! derrrp. like wtf, lol

I gotta be better tho.

I will be :)
Wanna have a brew some day?

Chronz
01-28-2018, 06:57 AM
Chronz gettin' dudes numbers and talking about doing ecstasy in the same thread. Thanks, New Orleans!

Shrooms will change your life for 1 morning, after that it's a struggle to reconnect those synapses. KD fans are on hard drugs 24 7, far worse than shrooms. Look above, dude didn't get the difference between crafting your own legacy and simply dick riding a ready made contender. At this point, drug use is the only thing we have in common.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-28-2018, 11:03 AM
With Cousins out a year. George stays now with Thunder? Figure Lakers would of been chasing PG13 and Cousins. One less star to chase for Lakers. PG13 probably doesn't go till another star is lined up at the table with a contract.

Scoots
01-28-2018, 11:31 AM
Shrooms will change your life for 1 morning, after that it's a struggle to reconnect those synapses. KD fans are on hard drugs 24 7, far worse than shrooms. Look above, dude didn't get the difference between crafting your own legacy and simply dick riding a ready made contender. At this point, drug use is the only thing we have in common.

I wish the Clippers could pull it all together and be a good team again so you could enjoy them rather than obsess on a player on another team.

nastynice
01-28-2018, 01:36 PM
Wanna have a brew some day?

Haha :cheers:

Let's do it, ur in socal?

TrueFan420
01-28-2018, 01:47 PM
You literally just copy the quote part of the formula and that's it. I mean, I would think it takes the same amount of time since you still addressed each point and I imagine you constantly look up to verify his argument. Idk but yeah, your fandom has embarrassed me for psd, sticking to it
You should really talk to a shrink about that. You shouldnt let other people affect you so much. You don't know me or anything about my fandom of the warriors. But be my guess continue to try to stir the pot just cause.

warfelg
01-28-2018, 04:40 PM
So there's some talk that this was Cousins biggest load ever at his fastest pace ever is what caused this to happen.

Vee-Rex
01-28-2018, 04:42 PM
So there's some talk that this was Cousins biggest load ever at his fastest pace ever is what caused this to happen.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=498821

Last year, Scoots and I had some lengthy arguments/discussions with folks who refused to believe that fatigue plays a role in these kind of injuries.

It exists. It's real.

warfelg
01-28-2018, 04:45 PM

Last year, Scoots and I had some lengthy arguments/discussions with folks who refused to believe that fatigue plays a role in these kind of injuries.

It exists. It's real.

to me it's funny that there's that talk, but at the same time the Sixers being cautious with Embiid is a bad thing. It's why I get frustrated with some of the "double talk" on injuries.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-28-2018, 05:17 PM
lmao, sure bro

ko 7

GREATNESS ONE
01-28-2018, 05:55 PM
Haha :cheers:

Let's do it, ur in socal?

I’m down

Chronz
01-28-2018, 06:02 PM
You should really talk to a shrink about that. You shouldnt let other people affect you so much. You don't know me or anything about my fandom of the warriors. But be my guess continue to try to stir the pot just cause.
**** shrinks

Chronz
01-28-2018, 06:03 PM
I wish the Clippers could pull it all together and be a good team again so you could enjoy them rather than obsess on a player on another team.

Maybe. Maybe I become more of a detector towards her

TrueFan420
01-28-2018, 06:14 PM

It exists. It's real.

Man I gave up that cause awhile back... Stylez in the warriors forum is all crazy about anytime someone sits we're tanking the game. Still brings up mookie from time to time too.

nastynice
01-28-2018, 06:29 PM
ko 7

:rolleyes:

:hi5:

nastynice
01-28-2018, 06:30 PM
I’m down

I'll swing thru, I'll rescue you from that basement

Scoots
01-28-2018, 08:20 PM
to me it's funny that there's that talk, but at the same time the Sixers being cautious with Embiid is a bad thing. It's why I get frustrated with some of the "double talk" on injuries.

They will get it eventually ... or they will die out and the next generation will just take it as normal.

kdspurman
01-28-2018, 11:11 PM

It exists. It's real.

No doubt it's very real.

Feel awful for Boogie and that franchise. Injuries just suck

Scoots
01-28-2018, 11:31 PM
No doubt it's very real.

Feel awful for Boogie and that franchise. Injuries just suck

There was a thread a while back something like "which injury would you undo if you could" ... my answer was "all of them".

Injuries totally suck.

Vinylman
01-29-2018, 09:33 AM
good to see nastynice is picking up the torch for LOL

Chronz
01-29-2018, 01:11 PM
Couldn't lolp, get away with a warning just this once?

nastynice
01-29-2018, 01:23 PM
good to see nastynice is picking up the torch for LOL

:cheers:

Someone gotta rile up these haters :D

BDawk4Prez
01-29-2018, 01:24 PM

Two words

“Elton Brand”

He sucked after his achillies injury

He sucked before it too.

Sly Guy
01-29-2018, 01:36 PM
feel awful for the guy. Played and didn't complain is sac town for years while they couldn't get their act together. Finally gets out, finally starts getting some chemistry and success, then on a contract year, this.

I really hope he recovers, I always liked watching him play. But the reality is he's probably lost a good part of his career, and hundreds of millions of dollars for a simple misstep. I can't imagine what he's going through right now, ****ing I'd be screaming out the walls.

GREATNESS ONE
01-29-2018, 01:38 PM
Couldn't lolp, get away with a warning just this once?

Perma is so harsh. I can understand a “timeout” for the kids because it’s definitey needed at times LOL but it takes away from the site when we start “banning” for difference of opinions/emotional outbursts lol

What do you think the Pelicans should do now Chronz?

nastynice
01-29-2018, 02:42 PM
Perma is so harsh. I can understand a “timeout” for the kids because it’s definitey needed at times LOL but it takes away from the site when we start “banning” for difference of opinions/emotional outbursts lol
?

Agreed

Saddletramp
01-29-2018, 04:19 PM
Apparently, it was for making racist comments. Shouldn't come back from that (I'd like to see what was actually said). He showed his true colors and good riddance.

GREATNESS ONE
01-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Apparently, it was for making racist comments. Shouldn't come back from that (I'd like to see what was actually said). He showed his true colors and good riddance.

Lolz you were rooting for it to happen. If you didn’t like him just ignore him no?

Saddletramp
01-29-2018, 07:44 PM
Lolz you were rooting for it to happen. If you didn’t like him just ignore him no?

I knew he'd mess up and take his shtick (his word) too far. He deserved it. And it wasn't the nonstop trolling that he did, it was the not owning up when he was caught lying or contradicting himself. And that represented 85% of his posting. He more than likely has some of these fake accounts around here so let's see if we can catch him again.

He has no one to blame but himself.

FlashBolt
01-29-2018, 08:03 PM
I knew he'd mess up and take his shtick (his word) too far. He deserved it. And it wasn't the nonstop trolling that he did, it was the not owning up when he was caught lying or contradicting himself. And that represented 85% of his posting. He more than likely has some of these fake accounts around here so let's see if we can catch him again.

He has no one to blame but himself.

Yeah, he had it coming. It wasn't the trolling that got him banned so I'm not sure what any of that has to do with it. PSD doesn't ban people for "trolling" unless it's way too excessive. Racist remarks? pretty sure he was given more than a few warnings. This is a forum. Moderators never want to ban someone unless it becomes a problem for the rest of the users. Lol, please, whatever it was, had it coming and deserved it.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2018, 08:30 PM

So you are admitting to trolling?

GREATNESS ONE
01-29-2018, 08:34 PM
There he goes again tattle tell

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2018, 09:32 PM
There he goes again tattle tell

Whoa man. I was asking him a question.

I thought we were cool after I helped get the leader back?

GREATNESS ONE
01-29-2018, 09:35 PM
Whoa man. I was asking him a question.

I thought we were cool after I helped get the leader back?

Lol we are cool. The leader?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2018, 09:37 PM
Lol we are cool. The leader?

The All mighty.

nastynice
01-29-2018, 11:32 PM
So you are admitting to trolling?

I'm Admitting to checking haters left and right even tho I should be above it

GREATNESS ONE
01-29-2018, 11:41 PM
I'm Admitting to checking haters left and right even tho I should be above it

Yea just brush it off loc, I understand. Kobe is ranked 12-16 here. #RaiderNation

nastynice
01-29-2018, 11:59 PM
Yea just brush it off loc, I understand. Kobe is ranked 12-16 here. #RaiderNation

Kobe is actually the first player whom I started noticing the hater effect on. I used to root against kobe Shaq, but I noticed people saying completely bogus things about him, like he sucks and can only score cuz of shaq

I remember wishing my team would get hated on, cuz that means they're crushing ****

And here we are, 2018, a lonnng way away from b Diddy and Co :cool:

KingPosey
01-30-2018, 01:59 AM

Maaaaaaybe. He was like personal best friends with Parsons and reneged in his max offer to him, and they were much more than just player-owner, and Parsons is a shell of himself. So Cuban will have some confirmation bias there

Heediot
01-30-2018, 09:14 AM
They were building some nice momentum and learning how to play together cohesively. I still thinks bigs are marginalized in the current nba and can't have the impact that they should due to how the game is played and called.

JuLu787
01-30-2018, 11:09 AM
I personally would cash in on AD. I'm not saying deal him right this minute, but they should eventually. They'll get a good return on their investment. NO has all the leverage, unless AD demands a trade.

GREATNESS ONE
01-30-2018, 11:13 AM
I personally would cash in on AD. I'm not saying deal him right this minute, but they should eventually. They'll get a good return on their investment. NO has all the leverage, unless AD demands a trade.

agreed, I would start a bidding war this summer and sell him to the highest bidder. They could get Tatum + fillers
+ a butt load of picks to restart.

Heediot
01-30-2018, 11:25 AM
I'd take another shot with AD and boogie. Hopefully they can offload some of the bad contracts (Asik/Ajincia) for role players that can help. Probably have to connect picks to entice someone.

nastynice
01-30-2018, 03:02 PM
agreed, I would start a bidding war this summer and sell him to the highest bidder. They could get Tatum + fillers
+ a butt load of picks to restart.

You don't trade a player like AD unless you legitimately have a plan in place

He's arguably a top 5 talent in the league

GREATNESS ONE
01-30-2018, 04:15 PM
You don't trade a player like AD unless you legitimately have a plan in place

He's arguably a top 5 talent in the league

The plan fell apart, Cousins out is a huge blow, not to mention Jrue’s Contract. That was a huge blow not only to Cousins but NOP. They might even skip out the playoffs race and with AD contract w/3 years left you’re putting yourself in a position for him to walk or God forbid him to get hurt again. Right now AD value is through the roof high, you can start a bidding war for AD. Lol I can think of a bunch of teams that can make a really good offer for AD. SAS, GSW, Boston, any team really, NO can reset unload some bad contracts and get a bunch of great assets and young players.

nastynice
01-30-2018, 04:32 PM
The plan fell apart, Cousins out is a huge blow, not to mention Jrue’s Contract. That was a huge blow not only to Cousins but NOP. They might even skip out the playoffs race and with AD contract w/3 years left you’re putting yourself in a position for him to walk or God forbid him to get hurt again. Right now AD value is through the roof high, you can start a bidding war for AD. Lol I can think of a bunch of teams that can make a really good offer for AD. SAS, GSW, Boston, any team really, NO can reset unload some bad contracts and get a bunch of great assets and young players.

No I mean unless you legit have a plan in place regarding what to do with what you get for AD. I can't imagine any gm dealing him for a general rebuild. Now if there's a super high prospect or youngster, or you think you'll receive the "missing piece" in return, I could kinda see it. But how good a prospect must it be. A youngster developing into AD is already almost as high as the potential could get

I see what you mean by if he's gonna walk anyway, but that still 3 yrs out. Still time to add pieces around him, even if they drop cousins they now have that cap space

Chronz
01-30-2018, 06:29 PM

C'mon man you live in Cali, you already should know you gotta watch yourself. I know you're joking(I hope) but these days you can never be too careful. Lol plz needs to be reinstated and we should get behind this movement. Permanent bans are a joke(ban him a week max), do people only want to talk ball with those that agree with them or even worse, share the same decorum?

Disgusting level of FEAR (popular expression in my interweb days).

ewing
01-30-2018, 11:38 PM
C'mon man you live in Cali, you already should know you gotta watch yourself. I know you're joking(I hope) but these days you can never be too careful. Lol plz needs to be reinstated and we should get behind this movement. Permanent bans are a joke(ban him a week max), do people only want to talk ball with those that agree with them or even worse, share the same decorum?

Disgusting level of FEAR (popular expression in my interweb days).

What did LOL do?

Vinylman
01-31-2018, 08:53 AM
What did LOL do?

he eats small children...

with that said ... he should still be reinstated... unfortunately the PSD fascists need something to do to rationalize their existence

Heediot
01-31-2018, 09:13 AM
lol is somewhat of a weirdo. once in a while he needs to be kept in check, dude goes overboard with his stunts. not too sure about his history with the mods though, can't comment on how long he should be banned. personally though i never report anyone, i wonder who the lowkey informants are.