PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans - Contenders or Pretenders?

KnicksorBust
01-25-2018, 12:36 PM
For the context of this thread, let's assume that a contender is any team that can make the conference finals and be one of the last 4 teams standing.

Cousins and Davis are doing as expected. They are averaging about 50ppg/25rpg and leading the team. Jrue Holiday 19-5-4 on 50%/34%/80% is also a key reason for their success. All of these 3 players should be at their peak abilities right now. Moore/Rondo/Miller are chipping in as role players. They have a nice mix of vets and youth. They are on a 3 game winning streak and are just a game out of playing in the 4-5 matchup. Is it possible this team is coming together and could make the Western Conference Finals? I love the way they match-up against the Rockets and Spurs with their size.

c.c.
01-25-2018, 12:49 PM
I think the Pelicans are currently pretenders. I donít know their cap situation but imagine Paul George signing over there (of course with Cousins resigning).

Iíd label them contenders then

KnicksorBust
01-25-2018, 12:51 PM
I think the Pelicans are currently pretenders. I donít know their cap situation but imagine Paul George signing over there (of course with Cousins resigning).

Iíd label them contenders then

Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins are both top 10-15 players in the league. Crazy to think having 2 top 15 players isn't enough to get the label "contender."

c.c.
01-25-2018, 01:01 PM
Dude they are in the West, you said being one of the last four teams remaining make you a contender.

The West is going to look like this
Golden State Warriors vs. ????????

Them question marks represents a bunch of solid teams ďI thinkĒ the Pelicans canít handle in a 7 games series.

lol, please
01-25-2018, 01:01 PM
They'd be contenders in the east, in the West there are many good teams that won't truly contend though they should, because of how stacked it is.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 01:08 PM
Pretender right now. If they were in the East, my answer might be different. But I can't see that team getting past Golden State, Houston or a healthy San Antonio team in the West. And they're not likely going to beat OKC or Minnesota in a 7-game series as constructed right now either.

I'm just not a fan of what they've done with their guards and wings. Holiday was a massive overpay, even in this market. And they're playing Solomon Hill like $12 million a year to sit on the bench. Moore and Miller aren't bad, but they're definitely not great, and Rondo and Nelson aren't exactly guys you want as major contributors to a playoff team in 2018.

Also, for a team whose two best players are elite big men, their defense is atrocious. If I'm paying half my salary to my two best players and they're both big men, I want to have an elite defense, and the Pelicans' D is about as far from "elite" as you can get. They're second to last in points allowed per game and 23rd in Defensive Rating.

tredigs
01-25-2018, 01:09 PM
They'd be contenders in the east, in the West there are many good teams that won't truly contend though they should, because of how stacked it is.

Honestly this is what I was going to say but did not feel like unleashing the elephant in the room. But no, if all teams are at full health in the West they're a long shot. In the East, I wouldn't be shocked if they made a Finals run.

So, pretender.

c.c.
01-25-2018, 01:10 PM

A 2nd round exit, losing in 6-7 games would be considered a good season for the Pelicans.

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 01:14 PM
I voted on the "maybe next year" option. But when I look at their salary situation next year, I'm not really sure how they get significantly better. Consider this: They're going to pay like $57 million+ to Holiday, Hill, Asik and Moore next season. So even if they can re-sign Boogie, how in the heck are they going to get better? And those guys are all locked in for 2019-20 as well, although Asik has an ETO. So it's not like those are expiring contracts that would be easy to move.

It's unfortunate that the front office made so many poor decisions around those two guys, because I think that team has real potential. But when your third best guy is Jrue Holiday, and he's making $25 million a year, and your 4-9 guys probably wouldn't be key contributors on most contending teams in the league, it's just hard to take you that seriously.

Chronz
01-25-2018, 01:44 PM
Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins are both top 10-15 players in the league. Crazy to think having 2 top 15 players isn't enough to get the label "contender."

It's a new day. As no all star having Miami can attest, depth matters more than ever

valade16
01-25-2018, 01:46 PM
Given your definition of contender (being capable of making the Conference Finals) they are contenders simply because all they'd need is CP3 or Harden to get injured for Houston and they'd have a legitimate chance to beat them. They could beat Minnesota or Kawhi-less SA as well, so depending on how the brackets shake up and a timely injury they could make the conference Finals.

Now in terms of actually contending for a title? They are pretenders because they are light years away from being able to beat GS in a playoff series.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-25-2018, 01:51 PM
They have the potential to give a number of teams serious matchup problems but probably a first round exit

tredigs
01-25-2018, 01:53 PM
Given your definition of contender (being capable of making the Conference Finals) they are contenders simply because all they'd need is CP3 or Harden to get injured for Houston and they'd have a legitimate chance to beat them. They could beat Minnesota or Kawhi-less SA as well, so depending on how the brackets shake up and a timely injury they could make the conference Finals.

Now in terms of actually contending for a title? They are pretenders because they are light years away from being able to beat GS in a playoff series.

Take it easy Joe Lacob.

c.c.
01-25-2018, 02:02 PM

The odds of Anthony Davis getting hurt (again) and Cousins getting suspended for doing something immature are way higher.

valade16
01-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Take it easy Joe Lacob.

You disagree? What % chance would you give the Pelicans vs a fully healthy GS?

tredigs
01-25-2018, 03:14 PM
You disagree? What % chance would you give the Pelicans vs a fully healthy GS?

Disagree.

Half a lightyear better at best.

Really though the Pels are playing st a high level. In the past month of action they're 11-3 and Holiday's playing like a legit 3rd star of late. If I was any East team Is be scared of them. The Warriors, Rockets and Kawhi-Spurs can still exploit their weaknesses and lack of depth with relative ease I think.

lol, please
01-25-2018, 03:18 PM
A 2nd round exit, losing in 6-7 games would be considered a good season for the Pelicans.Only because of the context of the conference.

In a different era, in a weaker conference or more balanced league, the Pelicans might be expected to go further, and teams like the Jazz and Nuggets would be projected WCF type teams easily.

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 03:22 PM
Only because of the context of the conference.

In a different era, in a weaker conference or more balanced league, the Pelicans might be expected to go further, and teams like the Jazz and Nuggets would be projected WCF type teams easily.

This is where you lose me. Those teams aren't that good. Granted, they've both dealt with their fair share of injury issues, but there isn't a top 20 guy in the league right now on either team and they both have some pretty significant holes on their rosters. You could put those teams in the East, and they still wouldn't crack the top 4-5 seeds.

c.c.
01-25-2018, 03:34 PM
Only because of the context of the conference.

Too many stipulations bro, just state the fact that their pretenders lol

valade16
01-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Disagree.

Half a lightyear better at best.

Really though the Pels are playing st a high level. In the past month of action they're 11-3 and Holiday's playing like a legit 3rd star of late. If I was any East team Is be scared of them. The Warriors, Rockets and Kawhi-Spurs can still exploit their weaknesses and lack of depth with relative ease I think.

Yeah I said earlier in the year when there was the thread on what's wrong with the Pelicans that their slow start was as a result of Jrue Holiday playing like absolute garbage and if he started playing even decently they would do better, and they are.

They are a good team, but the Warriors are the best team ever. Maybe if you believe their big duo would present such matchup problems for the Warriors they could possibly upset them.

lol, please
01-25-2018, 03:46 PM
This is where you lose me. Those teams aren't that good. Granted, they've both dealt with their fair share of injury issues, but there isn't a top 20 guy in the league right now on either team and they both have some pretty significant holes on their rosters. You could put those teams in the East, and they still wouldn't crack the top 4-5 seeds.The anemic east? Please stop.

Stars only matter in that sense relative to other stars in the conference.

I value SRS and last season how many teams had a better SRS than Utah in the east?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

c.c.
01-25-2018, 03:55 PM
The anemic east? Please stop.

I value SRS and last season how many teams had a better SRS than Utah in the east?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

How many?

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 04:16 PM
The anemic east? Please stop.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Ummm... Did you forget that Utah lost its best player in the offseason? Frankly, it's a pretty different basketball team. No Hayward or Hill. Add Rubio and Mitchell. But I don't care at all how high their SRS was last season. I do care how high it is this year, and it's 17th best in the league. And Denver boasts the 15th highest.

Based on SRS, Denver and Utah would be behind Toronto, Boston, Philly, Indy, Washington, Detroit and Charlotte. And that doesn't even factor in Cleveland and Miami. So based on your own statistic, they'd be 8th and 9th in the East right now.

Vinny642
01-25-2018, 04:32 PM
Isn't New Orleans called the Big Easy, why tf are were in the Western Conference smh.

But we'll make the playoffs but its hard to contend with the Warriors and Rockets.
I think we would put up a good series against the Wolves or Thunder.

Our FO made a few bad signings with Asik and Hill, will be kinda tough to build a contender with that on the books.
But the Cousin's deal is still looking really good. Re-signing him will be key.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-25-2018, 05:09 PM
Isn't New Orleans called the Big Easy, why tf are were in the Western Conference smh.

But we'll make the playoffs but its hard to contend with the Warriors and Rockets.
I think we would put up a good series against the Wolves or Thunder.

Our FO made a few bad signings with Asik and Hill, will be kinda tough to build a contender with that on the books.
But the Cousin's deal is still looking really good. Re-signing him will be key.

They could be moved to the east in the future when expansion teams like Seattle or Vegas enter the league in the west.

KingPosey
01-25-2018, 05:52 PM
Ummm... Did you forget that Utah lost its best player in the offseason? Frankly, it's a pretty different basketball team. No Hayward or Hill. Add Rubio and Mitchell. But I don't care at all how high their SRS was last season. I do care how high it is this year, and it's 17th best in the league. And Denver boasts the 15th highest.

Based on SRS, Denver and Utah would be behind Toronto, Boston, Philly, Indy, Washington, Detroit and Charlotte. And that doesn't even factor in Cleveland and Miami. So based on your own statistic, they'd be 8th and 9th in the East right now.

And no one ever heard from Lol please in this thread again. Some say, heís still digging through any stat he can to Spin a response, others believe he perma-banned himself. I like to believe heís out there,
Somewhere, watching, waiting, for the day a thread is created where he can passive aggressively shut down mightymightybostones opinion.....

c.c.
01-25-2018, 06:04 PM
They could be moved to the east in the future when expansion teams like Seattle or Vegas enter the league in the west.

Houston wanna leave too, we only a 5 hour drive away from New Orleans.

*of course I was joking you guys before everyone come at me with a bunch of serious nonsense and travel facts*

c.c.
01-25-2018, 06:09 PM
And no one ever heard from Lol please in this thread again. Some say, heís still digging through any stat he can to Spin a response, others believe he perma-banned himself. I like to believe heís out there,
Somewhere, watching, waiting, for the day a thread is created where he can passive aggressively shut down mightymightybostones opinion.....

I was still waiting on a response from the guy, I guess Iíll research it myself. Heís probably busy or something

lol, please
01-25-2018, 07:25 PM

I sometimes forget you are one of those people who only care about the current season.

I don't think they got significantly worse without Hayward despite the differences in SRS between this season and the last. Jazz and Nuggets are top 4 teams easily in the east to me, and it will certainly take more than this season for me to believe otherwise. I'll leave it at that.

lol, please
01-25-2018, 07:26 PM
I was still waiting on a response from the guy, I guess Iíll research it myself. Heís probably busy or something

Me? What are you waiting on me for lol? I was busy, I had a work meeting among other things over the last few hours. What's up?

Saddletramp
01-25-2018, 07:51 PM
God damn it, this guy.

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 07:57 PM
I sometimes forget you are one of those people who only care about the current season.

I don't think they got significantly worse without Hayward despite the differences in SRS between this season and the last. Jazz and Nuggets are top 4 teams easily in the east to me, and it will certainly take more than this season for me to believe otherwise. I'll leave it at that.

Are you really going to sit here and tell me the team isn't that different even though it lost two of its best players, went from 5th in the league in SRS to 17th and went from 51 wins to being on pace for 34 wins?

And I don't "only care about the current season." But they had Gordon Hayward and George Hill last season playing at very high level. And they replaced those guys (who were two of their three best players last year) with Rubio (who's been bad) and a very talented rookie in Mitchell (who's been pretty good, but nowhere near the level of Hayward). I'm not just making this up dude. Literally everything you could possibly use to determine whether they're a good basketball team or not says that they're not a good team.

It's actually kind of ridiculous now that I think about it, because your whole justification for Utah being good in the first place was their SRS from LAST SEASON. And now you're trying to sit here and tell me that their SRS from this season isn't as important? What world do you live in where it makes more sense to judge a team today based on its performance last year with different players than its performance this season? That's some crazy place to live...

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 08:00 PM
Me? What are you waiting on me for lol? I was busy, I had a work meeting among other things over the last few hours. What's up?

If you're looking for something to research, I'm still waiting for you to find me the quote where Lebron promised the city of Cleveland he would bring them a championship prior to leaving for Miami. You damn near had a stroke yesterday trying to explain how Lebron is an inhuman beast incapable of love because of this promise. So I expect that you should easily be able to find that quote since you're clearly so passionate about it.

I'll wait patiently...

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 08:04 PM

:sigh: Unfortunately, common sense and logical data wasn't enough to get him to give up his terrible argument. I'm convinced that lol is one of those people where he would argue with you for an hour about someone he thought was in a film, and when you bring up the IMDB page and literally show him the entire cast list without the actor's name, he still refuses to accept that the actor isn't in the movie.

tredigs
01-25-2018, 08:27 PM
Don't discount that Gobert has been hurt or simply out for the majority of their season. They're not a top 4 team in the East nor as good as last year, but they have not had a chance to gel at all this year. They're better than we are currently seeing for sure. And that will only increase next year with a year 2 Mitchell.

Concerning the Nuggets, a strong argument can be made that Jokic is a top 20 player for one, and they're also playing without an All Star in Millsap. It would have been interesting to see how those two gelled if they were playing together the past few months (I wasn't too impressed out of the gate, but it takes time). There's no question they could be a top 4 team in the East with the talent they have, though. The Heat have a negative win differential and are the 4 seed for ****s sake (they're 27-20 but have a losing record against the West).

lol, please
01-25-2018, 08:53 PM
Are you really going to sit here and tell me the team isn't that different even though it lost two of its best players, went from 5th in the league in SRS to 17th and went from 51 wins to being on pace for 34 wins?

And I don't "only care about the current season." But they had Gordon Hayward and George Hill last season playing at very high level. And they replaced those guys (who were two of their three best players last year) with Rubio (who's been bad) and a very talented rookie in Mitchell (who's been pretty good, but nowhere near the level of Hayward). I'm not just making this up dude. Literally everything you could possibly use to determine whether they're a good basketball team or not says that they're not a good team.

It's actually kind of ridiculous now that I think about it, because your whole justification for Utah being good in the first place was their SRS from LAST SEASON. And now you're trying to sit here and tell me that their SRS from this season isn't as important? What world do you live in where it makes more sense to judge a team today based on its performance last year with different players than its performance this season? That's some crazy place to live...
I never said it was less valuable, I just don't let one season determine my opinion on any one team or player for anything other than a single season award.

I won't say they got better, I won't be forced into really rating them in a combination of conferences here, that's not even what this thread is about, I simply said they are a top 4 team in the east to me. This was argued ad nausem during last seasons playoffs too, we know other than tredigs and I, its an unpopular opinion here, no need to have that **** flinging contest again.

and as far as your other post, I already said once, somewhere, that I'm done with that topic. You want to come demanding evidence for this and that, too bad MBT, you had years to attack me over my stance on that topic, I said what I had to say on it the other day and I'm done discussing it, so waste keystrokes throwing one liners about links and promises on the back end of every post, it will fall on deaf ears.

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 09:49 PM
I never said it was less valuable, I just don't let one season determine my opinion on any one team or player for anything other than a single season award.
Different players equal different teams, dude. If the Warriors lost Curry and Thompson and replaced them with Rubio and Mitchell, would they be as good? Would you be telling me trying to tell me right now that they were still essentially the same team? Because they wouldn't be. That would be crazy.

I won't say they got better, I won't be forced into really rating them in a combination of conferences here, that's not even what this thread is about, I simply said they are a top 4 team in the east to me. This was argued ad nausem during last seasons playoffs too, we know other than tredigs and I, its an unpopular opinion here, no need to have that **** flinging contest again.
The Jazz were a damn fine basketball team last season and probably a top 4 team in the East then. I didn't want the Rockets to play them, because they were a beast defensively. But losing George Hill hurt them, and they weren't the same team in the playoffs. Just like not having Hill and Hayward hurts them this season. I will agree with tre in that I do think they're slightly better than their current record and numbers indicate, mainly because Gobert hasn't been healthy for a good chunk of the season. But they're actually only 8-13 in games in which Gobert has played at least 5 minutes this season. So they can't really use that as an excuse either.

Simply put, suggesting that they'd be a top 4 team in the East is completely absurd. I went ahead and went through their schedule to see how they performed against playoff teams in the East... 4-8. So win-loss, SRS and head-to-head data pretty much all say they're not a top 4 team in the East. What evidence do you have to support your claim beyond conjecture?

and as far as your other post, I already said once, somewhere, that I'm done with that topic. You want to come demanding evidence for this and that, too bad MBT, you had years to attack me over my stance on that topic, I said what I had to say on it the other day and I'm done discussing it, so waste keystrokes throwing one liners about links and promises on the back end of every post, it will fall on deaf ears.
Like pretty much every other argument anyone else makes that you disagree with because you're completely incapable of just manning up and admitting when you're wrong? Sounds about right.

And I don't care if that was your take for years or not. It may shock you to know this, but it's not my job to follow you around and fact-check every post you make. It probably feels like that sometimes based on how often I have to correct you for being wrong, but I assure you no one's paying me to be this awesome. I also don't really care if it was your take for years or not. It was a bad take years ago, and it's a bad take now. And if you can't simply produce a quote backing up your completely asinine claim, then you weren't likely able to do it years ago either.

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Don't discount that Gobert has been hurt or simply out for the majority of their season. They're not a top 4 team in the East nor as good as last year, but they have not had a chance to gel at all this year. They're better than we are currently seeing for sure. And that will only increase next year with a year 2 Mitchell.
They're 8-13 when Gobert plays. Next year, we'll see, but Mitchell still has some growing up to do before he's capable of building this team up to a legit playoff squad.

Concerning the Nuggets, a strong argument can be made that Jokic is a top 20 player for one, and they're also playing without an All Star in Millsap. It would have been interesting to see how those two gelled if they were playing together the past few months (I wasn't too impressed out of the gate, but it takes time). There's no question they could be a top 4 team in the East with the talent they have, though. The Heat have a negative win differential and are the 4 seed for ****s sake (they're 27-20 but have a losing record against the West).
A strong argument could be made for Jokic, but I'm not less inclined to make it given the step down that he's taken this season, and I don't think there's a ton of fans or analysts out there who would right now. If Millsap were healthy, you'd have a damn good argument for Denver as a top 4 team in the East, but he's not. And this isn't "If they were 100 percent healthy...."

Teams across both conferences have dealt with major injuries, and those teams have to deal with those injuries. If Denver isn't a top 4 seed in the West with the Millsap injury, they're not likely to do substantially better in the East. They're 2-4 this season against Eastern Conference playoff teams.

lol, please
01-26-2018, 12:17 AM
Different players equal different teams, dude. If the Warriors lost Curry and Thompson and replaced them with Rubio and Mitchell, would they be as good? Would you be telling me trying to tell me right now that they were still essentially the same team? Because they wouldn't be. That would be crazy.

The Jazz were a damn fine basketball team last season and probably a top 4 team in the East then. I didn't want the Rockets to play them, because they were a beast defensively. But losing George Hill hurt them, and they weren't the same team in the playoffs. Just like not having Hill and Hayward hurts them this season. I will agree with tre in that I do think they're slightly better than their current record and numbers indicate, mainly because Gobert hasn't been healthy for a good chunk of the season. But they're actually only 8-13 in games in which Gobert has played at least 5 minutes this season. So they can't really use that as an excuse either.

Simply put, suggesting that they'd be a top 4 team in the East is completely absurd. I went ahead and went through their schedule to see how they performed against playoff teams in the East... 4-8. So win-loss, SRS and head-to-head data pretty much all say they're not a top 4 team in the East. What evidence do you have to support your claim beyond conjecture?

Curry and Klay are core players, Hayward is a big deal, not sure about Hill. Goebert is still there and he's the biggest factor.

Maybe they wouldn't be a top 4 team in the east this season, but they were last, and it's awful they don't get more respect simply because teams like the Spurs, Warriors, and Rockets are better. Jazz beat the Cavaliers if they meet in last years finals. So many teams in the west can beat them in the finals it's crazy when people act like they are the second best team in the league, they never were.

mightybosstone
01-26-2018, 08:56 AM
Curry and Klay are core players, Hayward is a big deal, not sure about Hill. Goebert is still there and he's the biggest factor.

Maybe they wouldn't be a top 4 team in the east this season, but they were last, and it's awful they don't get more respect simply because teams like the Spurs, Warriors, and Rockets are better. Jazz beat the Cavaliers if they meet in last years finals. So many teams in the west can beat them in the finals it's crazy when people act like they are the second best team in the league, they never were.

I'm pretty sure nobody believes the Jazz would have beaten the Cavs in the finals last year. Chalk this up to another insane thing you believe about the Cavs and/or another failed attempt at trolling.

lol, please
01-26-2018, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure nobody believes the Jazz would have beaten the Cavs in the finals last year. Chalk this up to another insane thing you believe about the Cavs and/or another failed attempt at trolling.If you go revisit the thread, tredigs and at least one more person was also on the Jazz side of that argument.

Stick with your "I disagree so you must be wrong" attitude though, not going to lose sleep trying to convince you of a result of a series that won't happen at this point.

I have PTO days to use, so if you want to extend an invitation my way to come visit you in the fantasy world you live in where the Cavaliers were the second best team last season, I'd love to come see what else your world holds.

mightybosstone
01-26-2018, 01:51 PM
If you go revisit the thread, tredigs and at least one more person was also on the Jazz side of that argument.

Stick with your "I disagree so you must be wrong" attitude though, not going to lose sleep trying to convince you of a result of a series that won't happen at this point.

I have PTO days to use, so if you want to extend an invitation my way to come visit you in the fantasy world you live in where the Cavaliers were the second best team last season, I'd love to come see what else your world holds.

Then let's just say we can agree to disagree. But if you reply to this post, I promise you I will make a thread with a poll asking PSD voters whether the Cavs or the Jazz would have won a 7-game playoff series last year. I assure you it will not go well for you.

Moving forward, I'm going to be doing this with all of your ridiculous statements to put your trolling on blast. Just know that it's coming...

prodigy
01-26-2018, 02:25 PM
GS rigged the league. everyone is a pretender.

lol, please
01-26-2018, 02:48 PM
Then let's just say we can agree to disagree. But if you reply to this post, I promise you I will make a thread with a poll asking PSD voters whether the Cavs or the Jazz would have won a 7-game playoff series last year. I assure you it will not go well for you.

Moving forward, I'm going to be doing this with all of your ridiculous statements to put your trolling on blast. Just know that it's coming...Go ahead, I mean two things:

1 a majority vote is only indicative of a majority opinion. The majority can be wrong.

2 I always stick with my arguments and stand my ground, you can say what you want about my posting style and opinions themselves but I'm one of the most consistent people on here, I've always ate my crow, I back up opinions that can be supported by facts, and will own it if I state something incorrectly, and I feel I deserve to be commended for it.

FlashBolt
01-26-2018, 03:15 PM

Moving forward, I'm going to be doing this with all of your ridiculous statements to put your trolling on blast. Just know that it's coming...

Cavs beat the 73 win team Warriors but wouldn't beat Rudy Gobert and Gordon Hayward in the playoffs.. This guy is just a liar!

FlashBolt
01-26-2018, 03:16 PM
Go ahead, I mean two things:

1 a majority vote is only indicative of a majority opinion. The majority can be wrong.

2 I always stick with my arguments and stand my ground, you can say what you want about my posting style and opinions themselves but I'm one of the most consistent people on here, I've always ate my crow, I back up opinions that can be supported by facts, and will own it if I state something incorrectly, and I feel I deserve to be commended for it.

I commend you for being persistent but you are an annoying persistent because you precisely, have ZERO facts. You probably have been the most debunked user on this site. Everyone shames your posts and threads.

dhopisthename
01-26-2018, 03:24 PM
don't know why this thread turned into something about the jazz, but I can say that as a jazz fan they have been pretty trash this year. #1 reason is that Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors, and Ricky Rubio just chokes us on offense and because our offense is so bad our defense suffers. #2 is injuries to Gobert, Exum, Joe Johnson, Hood, and our latest one is Thabo. though even fully healthy the whole year I think we would still only be .500 at best.

dhopisthename
01-26-2018, 03:26 PM
as for the thread I think that the pelicans just don't have the wings and bench to make it work. I also think that Cousins loses you games/possessions because he acts like a child quite a bit.

mightybosstone
01-26-2018, 03:53 PM
don't know why this thread turned into something about the jazz, but I can say that as a jazz fan they have been pretty trash this year. #1 reason is that Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors, and Ricky Rubio just chokes us on offense and because our offense is so bad our defense suffers. #2 is injuries to Gobert, Exum, Joe Johnson, Hood, and our latest one is Thabo. though even fully healthy the whole year I think we would still only be .500 at best.

Lowe had something on this in his "10 things" article this week. Like their points per 100 possessions when those three guys on the floor is like significantly worse than the worst team in the league (Sacramento). On paper, you look at those three guys and think "three solid NBA players." But none of them are really scorers, and they don't really space the floor, so it makes total sense.

tp13baby
01-26-2018, 03:54 PM
They have no depth. Their role players arenít that great and regardless of Cousins and Davis, they donít stand much of a shot.

lol, please
01-26-2018, 04:03 PM
I commend you for being persistent but you are an annoying persistent because you precisely, have ZERO facts. You probably have been the most debunked user on this site. Everyone shames your posts and threads.That's not true at all, and when I do have an opinion I can't support with facts I say so off the bat that it's an emotion based opinion.

mightybosstone
01-26-2018, 04:04 PM

Except you don't. At all. I regularly call you out on the fact that your opinions that have no legitimate data or facts to back them up, and you consistently fail to respond with anything substantially. You went off on a tangent about how horrible a person Lebron is based on a promise you claim that he made, but you have yet to produce a single quote from Lebron where he promises anything. And when I call you out on it, you just stick to your original, poor argument and act like you don't need any proof. It's completely bogus, and you know that. You're just too dense and/or immature to be a man and admit that you're wrong.

Regarding the consistency of your posting, while I can appreciate it, I'd rather have quality over quantity. Posting a lot doesn't make you a good poster. If a poster doesn't have anything worth saying to say, I'd rather that person not say anything at all.

For the record, I don't dislike you. I don't mind that you're a Warriors fan or that you and I tend to be on opposing sides of arguments. I like to argue, which is one of the reasons I've stayed on PSD as long as I have. Some of my closest friends are people I like to argue with. What I mind is that you post opinions almost daily that are so far in the minority that almost no sane person with any knowledge of the NBA whatsoever would possibly believe it. And your basis for your takes are usually so paper thin that a child could punch through them with ease.

Edit: Just a heads up, but "lol BS poll No. 1" is going up shortly.

lol, please
01-26-2018, 04:04 PM
Cavs beat the 73 win team Warriors but wouldn't beat Rudy Gobert and Gordon Hayward in the playoffs.. This guy is just a liar!We both know it's never that straight forward to begin with. Matchups matter, it's not just about team records and injuries.

Saddletramp
01-26-2018, 05:16 PM

No, you don't. And that makes you a liar. You should just be banned.

You still never answered how KD's and Lebron's statements are different. Be a man. If you hate one for the same statement that another makes then why don't you hate the other?

Forever35
01-26-2018, 05:50 PM
AD, Cousins and Holiday are a nice trio, but outside of them :cricket:... Pretty quiet...

KG2TB
01-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Pretender right now. If they were in the East, my answer might be different. But I can't see that team getting past Golden State, Houston or a healthy San Antonio team in the West. And they're not likely going to beat OKC or Minnesota in a 7-game series as constructed right now either.

I'm just not a fan of what they've done with their guards and wings. Holiday was a massive overpay, even in this market. And they're playing Solomon Hill like $12 million a year to sit on the bench. Moore and Miller aren't bad, but they're definitely not great, and Rondo and Nelson aren't exactly guys you want as major contributors to a playoff team in 2018.

Also, for a team whose two best players are elite big men, their defense is atrocious. If I'm paying half my salary to my two best players and they're both big men, I want to have an elite defense, and the Pelicans' D is about as far from "elite" as you can get. They're second to last in points allowed per game and 23rd in Defensive Rating.

Agreed. You need serious wing talent to truly contend in this league, both defensively and 3 pt shooting. Also like you mentioned, their D needs serious work.

FlashBolt
01-26-2018, 06:10 PM
That's not true at all, and when I do have an opinion I can't support with facts I say so off the bat that it's an emotion based opinion.

We can make a poll.. Who is the biggest troll on this website? I guarantee, dollars to my mouth, you will be the winner by far.

Vee-Rex
01-26-2018, 11:51 PM
https://streamable.com/tjq4b

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 12:06 AM
https://streamable.com/tjq4b

Pelicans are screwed if DMC does not make it back soon. The standings are very close. A few games and they can get dropped out of the playoffs. I wonder if Cleveland is interested still. They can probably get him by offering double T and the 1st round BKLYN at this point.

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2018, 12:27 AM
Torn Achilles. His career wonít be the same

Scoots
01-27-2018, 12:49 AM
I always stick with my arguments

Not something to be proud of. You should be proud of learning and the ability to have your mind changed. If you come into an argument refusing to learn you are just a troll and there is no point in talking to you.

lol, please
01-27-2018, 01:16 AM
We can make a poll.. Who is the biggest troll on this website? I guarantee, dollars to my mouth, you will be the winner by far.Does my ego need this to happen? Rhetorical question.

FlashBolt
01-27-2018, 01:19 AM
Does my ego need this to happen? Rhetorical question.

You replied so yes, you do care? Thanks for coming. I gotta tell ya, your new approach to being more serious is actually a better character than your troll persona. Please keep it up.

kobe4thewinbang
01-27-2018, 02:37 AM
They were on course to make some noise in the playoffs. Jrue Holiday is always the weakest link of the three. Rondo's been hit-and-miss. Rest of the roster is unremarkable. They might've gone down 4-2 in first round, or maybe surprised a team and made it only to the second round. Now it's likely they'll miss it altogether. Lame. I love the two towers.

KnicksorBust
01-27-2018, 02:36 PM
How quickly things change. Bummed. Thought they could do damage in the West. Now this thread should be closed.

lol, please
01-27-2018, 02:43 PM
How quickly things change. Bummed. Thought they could do damage in the West. Now this thread should be closed.I mean, they were an up and coming team no doubt, but "damage" in the West? Not this season, lol.