PDA

View Full Version : Chris Haynes leaks some All-star reserves

zn23
01-23-2018, 07:51 PM
WEST: Klay THompson, Draymond, Lillard, KAT, Butler,

EAST: Porzingis, John Wall

Apparently Lou Williams, CP3 and, PG didn't make it

Absolute farce that Klay THompson made it over Lou Williams who is having a way superior year. Also, Draymond has no business being in all-star game. He's a solid role player, not a star.

valade16
01-23-2018, 07:56 PM
So CP3 won't make it because of how many games he missed. Good to see Lillard in, even if it was because CP3 was injured.

lol, please
01-23-2018, 07:58 PM
King Klay will not be denied. Good to see the Warriors represented in full force this year.

lakerfan85
01-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Klay shouldn’t be in.. PG should be..

rhino17
01-23-2018, 08:24 PM
No problem with the teams other than Chris Paul should be there over Lillard

I also don't think media members should have any kind of say in this, makes absolutely no sense to me

NYKnickFanatic
01-23-2018, 08:24 PM
Klay shouldn’t be in.. PG should be..

Can PG not make it still?

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 08:26 PM

I also don't think media members should have any kind of say in this, makes absolutely no sense to me

He should be in over Klay.

valade16
01-23-2018, 08:28 PM

I suspect the reason CP3 didn't get in over Lillard is because he's only played 28/45 games

lol, please
01-23-2018, 08:29 PM
He should be in over Klay.

Nah homie.

:laugh2:

YAALREADYKNO
01-23-2018, 08:34 PM
I don’t mind Klay getting in this year and wouldn’t have been surprised if he was left off the team but draymond?

rhino17
01-23-2018, 08:38 PM
I suspect the reason CP3 didn't get in over Lillard is because he's only played 28/45 games

He only missed 2 more games than Steph

mightybosstone
01-23-2018, 08:38 PM
Nah homie.

:laugh2:

Klay: 20.6 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 0.7 steals with a 60.4% TS%, 16.8 PER, .109 WS/48 and -0.1 BPM
Paul: 19.1 points, 5.9 rebounds, 8.9 assists, 1.9 steals with a 60.6% TS%, 25.6 PER, .274 WS/48 and 8.0 BPM

Trust me, dude. The only reasons Klay got in over Paul is because CP3 missed 17 games and because Klay plays for the Warriors. Literally nobody on the planet would say that Klay has been a better basketball player this season. Well... nobody sane or who isn't a massive Warriors homer.

mightybosstone
01-23-2018, 08:41 PM
I still wouldn't rule out Paul getting an All-NBA award at the end of the season, though. If he plays the rest of the way, 65 games of him at an elite level is worth more than 75-80 games of some of the guys who made the All-Star game ahead of him. It's truly a bummer that he's missed as much time as he has, because he would have been a lock if he had played 5-10 more games.

warfelg
01-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Wall is in....really? Wall is in but Drummond is out? Yikes.

valade16
01-23-2018, 08:46 PM
I still wouldn't rule out Paul getting an All-NBA award at the end of the season, though. If he plays the rest of the way, 65 games of him at an elite level is worth more than 75-80 games of some of the guys who made the All-Star game ahead of him. It's truly a bummer that he's missed as much time as he has, because he would have been a lock if he had played 5-10 more games.

Much like how Lillard was not an all-star in 2015-2016 but made the All-NBA 2nd team.

hugepatsfan
01-23-2018, 08:49 PM
CP3 doesn't deserve to go. Missed too much time.

warfelg
01-23-2018, 08:50 PM
CP3 doesn't deserve to go. Missed too much time.

While I agree....then Curry only playing 4 more games doesn't deserve it either.

goingfor28
01-23-2018, 08:53 PM
Klay over Lou Will is just sad
Horford over Drummond as well. Pathetic. Horford has no business being anywhere near the Allstar team this year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tredigs
01-23-2018, 08:57 PM
All Star reserves thread is a Warriors bash thread before it starts :laugh: You are some sorry little *****es.

DanG
01-23-2018, 09:06 PM
Damn was hoping Ben would make it.

Horford, meh.

DanG
01-23-2018, 09:10 PM
Really should just do 24 best players rather than conference.

Crazy that pg isnt an all star

warfelg
01-23-2018, 09:18 PM
Damn was hoping Ben would make it.

Horford, meh.

I have no problem with Horford making it. Big part of the season for the Celtics record. Had a bigger issue if he started TBH.

BKLYNpigeon
01-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Klay is having a career year in shooting.

Draymond was 50-50, but surprised he made it.

I guess the coaches care about winning!

goingfor28
01-23-2018, 09:20 PM
All Star reserves thread is a Warriors bash thread before it starts [emoji23] You are some sorry little *****es.Right. How dare people think someone else is deserving. Those *****es!

BKLYNpigeon
01-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Lou Williams had a good 15 game stretch... not an allstar.

lol, please
01-23-2018, 10:00 PM
Klay is having a career year in shooting.

Draymond was 50-50, but surprised he made it.

I guess the coaches care about winning!

:clap:

zn23
01-23-2018, 10:05 PM

umm...

http://bkref.com/tiny/W7CUi

Legitimate
01-23-2018, 10:15 PM
lowry made it, lol

THE MTL
01-23-2018, 10:31 PM
Lillard been getting snubbed the past few years. Glad he's finally getting his due.

zn23
01-23-2018, 10:37 PM
lowry made it, lol

That's a joke too.

Legitimate
01-23-2018, 10:40 PM
That's a joke too.

not that bad at all, he put up good numbers considering we got 2 other nba starting caliber pg's who gave him some much needed rest

aman_13
01-23-2018, 10:42 PM
That's a joke too.

Well the Raptors are no where near second place without him. Only reason his ppg is down because he's taking less shots and his usage is down. However he is showing signs of decline sadly.

I didn't think he was going to make it but I get the selection.

I would of liked to see Drummond get in.

Bostonjorge
01-23-2018, 10:51 PM
Draymond is the Alpha and team leader for GS. He tells Durant and Curry what to do not the other way around. He keeps the team playing in his offense system. He also pushed Durant into becoming a defensive weapon. Well deserved all star.

Scoots
01-23-2018, 11:09 PM

Coaches choose the reserves not the media. The Fans and players make more stupid choices than the media does.

c.c.
01-23-2018, 11:12 PM
“Klay all you do is catch and shoot”
- KD

Cal827
01-23-2018, 11:18 PM
Shocked that Lowry made it, and that Drummond didn't

bigger thing here: Since Stevens was the coach last year and nobody else really close to Boston other than Toronto, does that mean that Dwayne ****ing Casey is going to be the Eastern Conference Head Coach this season :laugh2:

c.c.
01-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Draymond is the Alpha and team leader for GS. He tells Durant and Curry what to do not the other way around. He keeps the team playing in his offense system. He also pushed Durant into becoming a defensive weapon. Well deserved all star.

Wrong! Draymond is in GS system and very fortunate to be there. Put him on a team without multiple Allstars like GS and he will not get the praises he gets.

Probably wouldn’t start even start!

LA_Raiders
01-23-2018, 11:30 PM
Man about a 1/3 of the East are thrash. Since they are getting away of west vs easy and implemented this ****; then they should have gone for the best 24 in the league

aman_13
01-24-2018, 12:33 AM
Shocked that Lowry made it, and that Drummond didn't

bigger thing here: Since Stevens was the coach last year and nobody else really close to Boston other than Toronto, does that mean that Dwayne ****ing Casey is going to be the Eastern Conference Head Coach this season :laugh2:

Why is that funny? He deserves to coach in the AS game.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 01:36 AM
1) Absolutely disgusting that the Warriors will continue getting four All-Stars on that stacked team. How many times do we have to see this? Give other players who are contributing more a chance.

2) I disagree on CP3. He's missed way too many games. Steph was voted in. Big difference.

3) I don't think people are getting snubbed other than the two spots taken by Klay+Dray. We see those two every year and though very good players, it's impossible to currently quantify their impact with all the talent on that team. I would have liked to see Lou make it. What he is doing right now has to be a top 20 NBA story. Lots of Fantasy players are happy about him.

4) If this were just a regular ASG, I would prefer the big names. But if these guys are actually going to play competitively, give it to the guys who are simply contributing more. As good as Klay has been this season, like I said, he's in a situation where he has zero pressure. Many guys would thrive being there.

5) Paul George should have been in there.. He's been our most consistent player all season and best defender. Again, if Warriors have four players every year, that's a total disservice to guys on teams who aren't as talented.

BKLYNpigeon
01-24-2018, 02:08 AM
Remember then the hawks had their big 4 in the AS game!?!

Teague
Korver
Milsap
Horford

BKLYNpigeon
01-24-2018, 02:10 AM
Coaches votes for the reserves not fans.

That’s the ultimate respect.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 08:55 AM
“Klay all you do is catch and shoot”
- KD
:laugh:

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 09:19 AM
Wrong! Draymond is in GS system and very fortunate to be there. Put him on a team without multiple Allstars like GS and he will not get the praises he gets.

Probably wouldn’t start even start!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That statement was so stupid it couldn't even be written correctly!

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 09:28 AM
1) Absolutely disgusting that the Warriors will continue getting four All-Stars on that stacked team. How many times do we have to see this? Give other players who are contributing more a chance.

2) I disagree on CP3. He's missed way too many games. Steph was voted in. Big difference.

3) I don't think people are getting snubbed other than the two spots taken by Klay+Dray. We see those two every year and though very good players, it's impossible to currently quantify their impact with all the talent on that team. I would have liked to see Lou make it. What he is doing right now has to be a top 20 NBA story. Lots of Fantasy players are happy about him.

4) If this were just a regular ASG, I would prefer the big names. But if these guys are actually going to play competitively, give it to the guys who are simply contributing more. As good as Klay has been this season, like I said, he's in a situation where he has zero pressure. Many guys would thrive being there.

5) Paul George should have been in there.. He's been our most consistent player all season and best defender. Again, if Warriors have four players every year, that's a total disservice to guys on teams who aren't as talented.

how is oladipo doing btw?

Cal827
01-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Why is that funny? He deserves to coach in the AS game.

Oh I know he deserves it after how he's coached this season. I just remember debating whether or not that he should be fired after the embarrassing playoff run last year (I'll eat crow and admit that I was on the side for him to be fired solely on having Powell have to defend Lebron 1-on-1 during the playoffs :laugh2: )

BKLYNpigeon
01-24-2018, 11:14 AM
PG will be an allstar next year when he’s a Laker.

c.c.
01-24-2018, 12:39 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That statement was so stupid it couldn't even be written correctly!

Typos usually occur when your angry or multitasking. I was angry!

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 12:55 PM
Typos usually occur when your angry or multitasking. I was angry!

The typo is whatever. who doesn't mess up sometimes? I was more amused by your insane thought of Dray not being able to crack the starting rotation on other teams.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 01:55 PM
Funny how NBA made the rule to pick from either conferences. Yet the east stayed as the east and west as the west.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 01:59 PM
Remember then the hawks had their big 4 in the AS game!?!

Teague
Korver
Milsap
Horford

Korver never should of made it even though shot like wild man from beyond the arc. Korver only averaged like 13ppg that season.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 02:03 PM
how is oladipo doing btw?

Completely irrelevant. When he was playing with us, RWB would give him the ball and he would just pass it right back. Even in Orlando he wasn't this good. Some players just have that sudden ooomph in them at random times. It could very well disappear next season.

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Completely irrelevant. When he was playing with us, RWB would give him the ball and he would just pass it right back. Even in Orlando he wasn't this good. Some players just have that sudden ooomph in them at random times. It could very well disappear next season.

Or it could be the westbrook effect. Harden, KD and now Oladipo seem to be playing way more efficiently without Westy. or its just a huge coincidence....maybe we will add PG to that list next year if he leaves.

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 02:22 PM
Funny how NBA made the rule to pick from either conferences. Yet the east stayed as the east and west as the west.

hopefully it will evolve down the line to that. top players chosen as all-stars regardless of conference.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Or it could be the westbrook effect. Harden, KD and now Oladipo seem to be playing way more efficiently without Westy. or its just a huge coincidence....maybe we will add PG to that list next year if he leaves.

1) Harden was always talented. It's just he wasn't on the same level that time as Russ and KD so we didn't want to put him in the starting lineup. Harden left KD, too, you know? So why isn't it a KD effect as well as it pertains to Harden?

2) KD went to the Warriors - a team that he literally never sees a double team and has the freedom to play the offense that perfectly fits his style. Are you just a troll or seriously ignorant to that fact?

3) Oladipo was playing the same way he did in his Orlando days for us. Literally, the same. Players improve. Go ask Jimmy Butler what an improvement looks like.. or Kawhi Leonard. It takes time but some of these guys eventually end up in the right situation at the right time in their career. Not everything has to be related to another player. Oladipo is having his best season by far. He's been in the NBA for many years now. He was in the Thunder for one season. None of what you said reflects the truth.

4) PG not making the playoffs has more to do with the stacked West than not deserving it, truly. I mean, Kawhi isn't even an All-Star this season and he would have been taken over PG easily.

There is no coincidence. There's just you having a poor argument.

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 03:03 PM
1) Harden was always talented. It's just he wasn't on the same level that time as Russ and KD so we didn't want to put him in the starting lineup. Harden left KD, too, you know? So why isn't it a KD effect as well as it pertains to Harden?

2) KD went to the Warriors - a team that he literally never sees a double team and has the freedom to play the offense that perfectly fits his style. Are you just a troll or seriously ignorant to that fact?

3) Oladipo was playing the same way he did in his Orlando days for us. Literally, the same. Players improve. Go ask Jimmy Butler what an improvement looks like.. or Kawhi Leonard. It takes time but some of these guys eventually end up in the right situation at the right time in their career. Not everything has to be related to another player. Oladipo is having his best season by far. He's been in the NBA for many years now. He was in the Thunder for one season. None of what you said reflects the truth.

4) PG not making the playoffs has more to do with the stacked West than not deserving it, truly. I mean, Kawhi isn't even an All-Star this season and he would have been taken over PG easily.

There is no coincidence. There's just you having a poor argument.

1. when you number your responses like this you come off as a douche.

2. stop doing it!

Kawhi only played like 8 games. of course he isn't an all-star. Its pretty apparent that players on a Westbrook team have to adapt to his game instead of a team game. he is massively overrated! PG hasn't played as well as expected. he has regressed in almost every category besides 3pt%. no reason for him to have made the cut. and if you think so tell me who he replaces?

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 03:19 PM
1. when you number your responses like this you come off as a douche.

2. stop doing it!

Kawhi only played like 8 games. of course he isn't an all-star. Its pretty apparent that players on a Westbrook team have to adapt to his game instead of a team game. he is massively overrated! PG hasn't played as well as expected. he has regressed in almost every category besides 3pt%. no reason for him to have made the cut. and if you think so tell me who he replaces?

1) Numbering them is business 101. It's easier to respond to your arguments (despite you not making a good one) and allows for better formatting.

2) He hasn't regressed at all. You're just incapable of seeing past the stats because you're accustomed to everything working well with the Warriors. Kawhi would have 100% taken Klay's spot or Lillard. There would be no debate for PG over Kawhi when healthy. Heck, Kawhi would probably be starting over KD cause I believe Kawhi would have been MVP if he was healthy this season.

3) You make contradicting statements. On one hand, "Players have to adjust to Westbrook" but on the other hand, you refuse to give PG credit for adjusting to it. Are you just incapable of seeing the difference in basketball standards? PG's numbers being down is not representative of whether or not he has regressed. He's still the same player who has had to sacrifice the most being on this team. As to who should he replace? Klay doesn't deserve to be an All-Star every season just because he's on a historic-level talent team. I'm sorry but if the Warriors are allowed to have four All-Stars every season - leaving teams who aren't as fortunate to have winning teammates, then players are going to get snubbed. In this case, PG was snubbed. Lou Williams was also snubbed. They are both contributing more to their team than Klay is.

aman_13
01-24-2018, 03:30 PM
Oh I know he deserves it after how he's coached this season. I just remember debating whether or not that he should be fired after the embarrassing playoff run last year (I'll eat crow and admit that I was on the side for him to be fired solely on having Powell have to defend Lebron 1-on-1 during the playoffs :laugh2: )

When they got PJ Tucker to defend him lol. Casey actually admitted that he was close to being let go a couple years ago.

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 03:53 PM
1) Numbering them is business 101. It's easier to respond to your arguments (despite you not making a good one) and allows for better formatting.

2) He hasn't regressed at all. You're just incapable of seeing past the stats because you're accustomed to everything working well with the Warriors. Kawhi would have 100% taken Klay's spot or Lillard. There would be no debate for PG over Kawhi when healthy. Heck, Kawhi would probably be starting over KD cause I believe Kawhi would have been MVP if he was healthy this season.

3) You make contradicting statements. On one hand, "Players have to adjust to Westbrook" but on the other hand, you refuse to give PG credit for adjusting to it. Are you just incapable of seeing the difference in basketball standards? PG's numbers being down is not representative of whether or not he has regressed. He's still the same player who has had to sacrifice the most being on this team. As to who should he replace? Klay doesn't deserve to be an All-Star every season just because he's on a historic-level talent team. I'm sorry but if the Warriors are allowed to have four All-Stars every season - leaving teams who aren't as fortunate to have winning teammates, then players are going to get snubbed. In this case, PG was snubbed. Lou Williams was also snubbed. They are both contributing more to their team than Klay is.

Your opinion based on what? bet their respective records might tell a different story. PG stats have declined. I don't care about ppg or rebounding. his efficiency has taken a hit. which should have been the opposite with Melo and RWB freeing him up. how was he more efficient with the pacers last year? the next best player on that pacers team was Jeff Teague!?!
are you saying PG is more deserving than Klay? if so please give me an explanation other than it being not fair that GS has so many all-stars.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 04:06 PM
Your opinion based on what? bet their respective records might tell a different story. PG stats have declined. I don't care about ppg or rebounding. his efficiency has taken a hit. which should have been the opposite with Melo and RWB freeing him up. how was he more efficient with the pacers last year? the next best player on that pacers team was Jeff Teague!?!
are you saying PG is more deserving than Klay? if so please give me an explanation other than it being not fair that GS has so many all-stars.

I'm starting to wonder if you even deserve a press of keystroke. What arguments have you even made that Klay deserves it over PG or Lou? Go, enlighten us all on why Klay deserves to be an All-Star in what is the most stacked players in a conference we have ever seen. Let me break it down to you smooth and easy, okay, Mr. I am a Warriors fan and not basketball fan.

1) PG stats aren't declining. You want to mention efficiency? Okay, PG is having his second (practically the same) most efficient shooting season ever this season. But wait, you only look at FG% because you're incapable of realizing that players who take more threes are penalized for having a lower FG%. In today's game, no one looks at FG% and they shouldn't when a player who shoots threes in abundance is used as an example. If you want to take a look at efficiency with these type of players, go take a look at their TS% or better, eFG%. Oh, SHOCKER... Paul George is actually the same efficient player he was last season. Only last season surpassed it (again, practically the same if we want to be truthful) and that was due to PG having an outlier year. He's been inefficient much of his career but you wouldn't know that because you have an entire wall of Warriors Fathead posters plastered all over your bedroom. And did you ever think to realize that Pacers had an entirely different set of players and system? If you take a look at OKC's bench, you'll quickly realize we are heavily dependent on PG, Adams, Westbrook, and Melo. With the Pacers, they had more talent spread apart. Sadly, with those teams, you won't make it deep into the playoffs due to reliability concerns.

2) Why does PG deserve it over Klay? Because Klay does nothing better than PG other than shoot the three ball. What does Klay do that impresses you that PG can't do? Okay, Klay can shoot threes better in a system that features the greatest shooter in NBA history, a team with insane ball movement, and a guy who IDK, wins scoring titles year after year if he wanted. PG vastly surpasses Klay in advanced metrics and there doesn't need to be a discussion on who is: 1) More versatile. 2) Better rebounder. 3) Better passer. 4) Better defender. 5) Better player. If you think Klay is better than PG because he is simply a better shooter, then I want to see Kyle Korver on your list of All-Star participants. If you think Klay deserves to be an All-Star over PG, make your case. Otherwise, you're just a common bandwagon fan of a team that I know more about than you do because I watch basketball and am not a cheerleader like you choose to be.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Your opinion based on what?
These crazy things NBA fans like to look at called statistics. You should check out this thread:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?932806-Klay-Thompson-The-most-overrated-player-in-the-league

This super smart guy put together this case about why Klay Thompson is hella-overrated using these "statistics."

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 04:42 PM
I was looking at eFG% and its lower! how is it possible with the players on his team now? is it because Westbrook is hindering his progress? you saying his efficiency is on par with last year is like saying his teams were on the same caliber. we both know OKC is a vast improvement over Indiana.........wait their records are pretty close. must be because the east is so garbage right?!! hmmmmm im pretty sure Indiana is doing a little better than they were last year. so is it that PG is not as good as advertised?
Klay is having his most efficient year offensively while still providing elite defense. he opens up so much space for the TEAM with his constant motion off the ball. he is doing more for his teams success than you give him credit for. and success is how all-stars should be measured. who cares about the second best player on a mediocre playoff team in a stacked conference??????????

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 04:46 PM
I was looking at eFG% and its lower! how is it possible with the players on his team now? is it because Westbrook is hindering his progress? you saying his efficiency is on par with last year is like saying his teams were on the same caliber. we both know OKC is a vast improvement over Indiana.........wait their records are pretty close. must be because the east is so garbage right?!! hmmmmm im pretty sure Indiana is doing a little better than they were last year. so is it that PG is not as good as advertised?
Klay is having his most efficient year offensively while still providing elite defense. he opens up so much space for the TEAM with his constant motion off the ball. he is doing more for his teams success than you give him credit for. and success is how all-stars should be measured. who cares about the second best player on a mediocre playoff team in a stacked conference??????????

Oh man. I totally missed the class where they explain how you can and should use just one statistic to justify one player as better over another and how it completely refutes any and all other statistics, regardless of how much better the other player's numbers are. Thank god you were here to teach us that lesson. #PSDprofessor

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 04:48 PM

1) You still made zero arguments.
2) His eFG% and TS% are practically the same. The fact a missed shot or two is what quantifies as "lower" to you is evidence you have been debunked and are just a total joke of a "fan."
3) OKC is playing in a much superior conference.
4) Klay is not a better defender than PG. And you fail to acknowledge that Klay is the greatest beneficiary of this team as he is allowed to simply stand in the three point line knowing he'll never be double teamed and in fact, will have the most wide open shots on the team.

Done "debating" with you. You have made no arguments that are factual and still have not had one good point I can even try to debunk. And the fact you are typing with such nonsense just shows to me and everyone else here that you are just replying for the sake of saving your reputation. No content in any of your posts so far.

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 04:51 PM
These crazy things NBA fans like to look at called statistics. You should check out this thread:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?932806-Klay-Thompson-The-most-overrated-player-in-the-league

This super smart guy put together this case about why Klay Thompson is hella-overrated using these "statistics."

if anything that makes it easier for me to place Klay over George. thanks!
His role is to shoot and defend, nothing more. when you define a players role Klay is obviously superior.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 04:59 PM
if anything that makes it easier for me to place Klay over George. thanks!
His role is to shoot and defend, nothing more. when you define a players role Klay is obviously superior.

So you just proved PG over Klay. Lmao, you are shockingly bad that I feel bad we have to put you down verbally.

Cal827
01-24-2018, 06:39 PM
When they got PJ Tucker to defend him lol. Casey actually admitted that he was close to being let go a couple years ago.

My bad again :laugh2:

I'm guessing that was when they got swept by the Wizards?

basch152
01-24-2018, 06:51 PM
Wall is in....really? Wall is in but Drummond is out? Yikes.

I personally think Drummond is the third best player on the pistons so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TrueFan420
01-24-2018, 07:17 PM
I don't see any issue with someone saying Lou is having a better year than Klay and should make the all star game but do any of those people actually think Lou is the better player and if they started a team would take Lou over Klay

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 07:20 PM
I don't see any issue with someone saying Lou is having a better year than Klay and should make the all star game but do any of those people actually think Lou is the better player and if they started a team would take Lou over Klay

That's not how it works or else Klay wouldn't even be an All-Star. It's about who is having a better season and contributing to their team more. Does anyone here think Klay has done more for his team than Lou or PG? I don't. Where is the reward for players who contribute above what is expected and is having their best season by far?

c.c.
01-24-2018, 07:36 PM
East
1. Boston Celtics 34-14 = two all stars
2. Toronto Raptors 31-14 = two all stars
3. Cleveland Cavaliers 29-19 = two all stars

West
1. Golden State Warriors 38-10 = four all stars
2. Houston Rockets 33-12 = one all star

Rockets record better than the top three seeds in the East but only one all star! CP3 got snubbed! (And yes playing for a winner matters, every current all star is on a playoff team. Thats basically why GS has four!)

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 07:39 PM
East
1. Boston Celtics 34-14 = two all stars
2. Toronto Raptors 31-14 = two all stars
3. Cleveland Cavaliers 29-19 = two all stars

West
1. Golden State Warriors 38-10 = four all stars
2. Houston Rockets 33-12 = one all star

Rockets record better than the top three seeds in the East but only one all star! CP3 got snubbed! (And yes playing for a winner matters, every current all star is on a playoff team. Thats basically why GS has four!)

CP3 didn't get snubbed. He's missed way too many games. Not fair for him to make it.

c.c.
01-24-2018, 07:46 PM
CP3 didn't get snubbed. He's missed way too many games. Not fair for him to make it.

Bs! The Rockets deserve two all stars, they should of added Capela or Gordon

aman_13
01-24-2018, 08:07 PM
My bad again :laugh2:

I'm guessing that was when they got swept by the Wizards?

Yup and i was agreeing with you. Last year Carroll and Powell found themselves guarding James more than Tucker. It wouldn't have made a difference though.

TrueFan420
01-24-2018, 08:18 PM
That's not how it works or else Klay wouldn't even be an All-Star. It's about who is having a better season and contributing to their team more. Does anyone here think Klay has done more for his team than Lou or PG? I don't. Where is the reward for players who contribute above what is expected and is having their best season by far?
I know that's not how it's supposed to work. Hence the I don't have an issue with people saying Lou should be there. However, how it's supposed to be and how it is often don't match up. Take a look at the All Densive teams or All star games of years past. The coaches often take players that have proven it over and over again over 1 year of doing it players. I'm actually more surprised by CP3 not making it even with the short amount of games then anything.

zn23
01-24-2018, 08:30 PM
Lou over Klay, PG over Draymond.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 10:22 PM
I know that's not how it's supposed to work. Hence the I don't have an issue with people saying Lou should be there. However, how it's supposed to be and how it is often don't match up. Take a look at the All Densive teams or All star games of years past. The coaches often take players that have proven it over and over again over 1 year of doing it players. I'm actually more surprised by CP3 not making it even with the short amount of games then anything.

If it's who would you rather build over, then give me Kyle Kuzma as an All-Star... lmao

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 10:29 PM
1) You still made zero arguments.
2) His eFG% and TS% are practically the same. The fact a missed shot or two is what quantifies as "lower" to you is evidence you have been debunked and are just a total joke of a "fan."
3) OKC is playing in a much superior conference.
4) Klay is not a better defender than PG. And you fail to acknowledge that Klay is the greatest beneficiary of this team as he is allowed to simply stand in the three point line knowing he'll never be double teamed and in fact, will have the most wide open shots on the team.

Done "debating" with you. You have made no arguments that are factual and still have not had one good point I can even try to debunk. And the fact you are typing with such nonsense just shows to me and everyone else here that you are just replying for the sake of saving your reputation. No content in any of your posts so far.

what was your argument again? that it "wasnt fair"?!?

the actual number is what quantifies it. my fault for knowing when numbers dont match. and the fact remains that they should be higher based on the level of talent around him this season compared to last.

i already stated that. but please tell me why indiana is doing better now? especially since the all deserving PG isnt there to lead them.

never said he was better on D! and damn i guess being good on a good team doesnt count around here. who knew? what arguments have you made? you are for sure pathetic to resort to insults and accusations. all i asked you was why would PG be more deserving. to me he isnt. he doesnt eclipse Klay in advanced stats enough to make it absurd. Klay is the better shooter. on a better team. the criteria like it or not consists mostly of shooting and being on a higher seeded team. its always been that way. so crying about the second best player on a middle of the pack team is gonna continue for you.
the assumption that all Klay does is shoot three's is inaccurate as well. he also gets to go to the all-star game!

Bostonjorge
01-24-2018, 10:37 PM
George should of made it over Lillard. Lou Williams is no All Star.

MygirlhatesCod
01-24-2018, 10:42 PM
Oh man. I totally missed the class where they explain how you can and should use just one statistic to justify one player as better over another and how it completely refutes any and all other statistics, regardless of how much better the other player's numbers are. Thank god you were here to teach us that lesson. #PSDprofessor

another cheap shot attempt! you are good at that. i never said Klay is better than PG because of eFG% or that he was better than him at all. all i said (comprehension is key) is that PG has regressed. he was more efficient shooting last year with a less than desirable list of players around him. mine and everyone else's belief was that he would flourish with 2 other stars. he has not! thus meaning a regression. is that due to the system, RWB, him, weather, tide pods, his ability to adapt to his new role? either way if you or anyone thinks PG is playing to expectation then i would like to hear why.

lol, please
01-24-2018, 11:04 PM

the actual number is what quantifies it. my fault for knowing when numbers dont match. and the fact remains that they should be higher based on the level of talent around him this season compared to last.

i already stated that. but please tell me why indiana is doing better now? especially since the all deserving PG isnt there to lead them.

never said he was better on D! and damn i guess being good on a good team doesnt count around here. who knew? what arguments have you made? you are for sure pathetic to resort to insults and accusations. all i asked you was why would PG be more deserving. to me he isnt. he doesnt eclipse Klay in advanced stats enough to make it absurd. Klay is the better shooter. on a better team. the criteria like it or not consists mostly of shooting and being on a higher seeded team. its always been that way. so crying about the second best player on a middle of the pack team is gonna continue for you.
the assumption that all Klay does is shoot three's is inaccurate as well. he also gets to go to the all-star game!

:clap:

c.c.
01-24-2018, 11:32 PM
Lou over Klay, PG over Draymond.

Lou is having a great year but I wouldn’t put him over Klay. CP3 over Klay would be an better argument.

It’s a bunch of guys that can go besides Draymond. That dude is garbage (in my opinion)

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 11:42 PM

I just gave you my arguments.

1) I said it wasn't fair that these players are being overrated as to the impact they generate. It never mentions who the better player is. Obviously, I'd take Klay over Lou. But the fact is, Lou has been playing better. Period.

2) Many reasons. But if you want an example as to why record doesn't mean much sometimes, why did the Warriors have a better record in 15-16 than 16-17 despite 16-17 clearly being a better team? Answer: Because lots of factors affect your NBA record. Losing one game by two points or winning a game by one point does not change how good of a team you are. It's a three point differential that won't show up on the W or L column when you try to explain it.

3) You say Klay's defense is elite. I said PG's defense is better. There's an argument for PG. I gave you reasons why PG is better. All you have to say is that Klay shoots better and has a better team. Ask anyone here who has given more evidence. You did zero work or refuse to cite it because your opinion cannot be backed up by anything other than your biased views. Seriously, go lay your Klay argument out. I already told you: PG destroys Klay in advanced metrics (despite PG having just decent advanced statistics). PG is the better defender. PG is more versatile than Klay.

4) So you said "Klay just shooting threes is inaccurate." Just a page back, this is what you typed up:

"His role is to shoot and defend, nothing more."

You're the one who is saying all Klay does is shoot threes and defend. That's literally ALL he does. He's a poor rebounder and playmaker. His defense relies heavily on the team defense and vice-versa. You have no argument for Klay being above PG as an All-Star. If your requirement is WINS WINS WINS, sure, Klay should be in it. But that's not the only requirement or else the ASG would be the Warriors vs Boston Celtics, no? The criteria has a lot to do with team success but it also has to do with those having a better season contributing to that team success. Coaches got it wrong: Klay does not deserve it.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 11:46 PM
another cheap shot attempt! you are good at that. i never said Klay is better than PG because of eFG% or that he was better than him at all. all i said (comprehension is key) is that PG has regressed. he was more efficient shooting last year with a less than desirable list of players around him. mine and everyone else's belief was that he would flourish with 2 other stars. he has not! thus meaning a regression. is that due to the system, RWB, him, weather, tide pods, his ability to adapt to his new role? either way if you or anyone thinks PG is playing to expectation then i would like to hear why.

Lol, you're an absolute joke. PG hasn't regressed. Find how he has regressed. If a .003 differential in eFG% is called regressing, you can make a case that many elite level players are regressing. No, that's not how it works. When the difference is negligible, there is no improvement or regressing. PG is the same player he was last year and he's still figuring out a system that really, was purely designed to beat the Warriors. We're struggling against teams we shouldn't be because we are BUILT to face the Warriors. End of story. You have no idea what happens outside the Warriors basketball slideshows so please stop commenting on players or teams you are ignorant about. You have still not entered your case for Klay deserving a slot over PG other than he is on a better team.

TrueFan420
01-25-2018, 12:23 AM
If it's who would you rather build over, then give me Kyle Kuzma as an All-Star... lmao

Or don't address what I'm saying.

YAALREADYKNO
01-25-2018, 12:24 AM
Lou is having a great year but I wouldn’t put him over Klay. CP3 over Klay would be an better argument.

It’s a bunch of guys that can go besides Draymond. That dude is garbage (in my opinion)

I’m not the biggest draymond fan but he can play but I agree. I didn’t think he deserved to be an Allstar this year. Glad DAME DOLLA got in tho

goingfor28
01-25-2018, 12:40 AM

It’s a bunch of guys that can go besides Draymond. That dude is garbage (in my opinion)My only problem with CP3 is he hasn't played enough to warrant an Allstar selection imo.

BKLYNpigeon
01-25-2018, 01:03 AM
Coaches voted for the allstar reserves, and they couldn’t vote their own players.

they prioritized winning, not just stats.

BKLYNpigeon
01-25-2018, 01:09 AM
People complain about the warriors having the cheat code, they’re too good and have 4 Allstars on 1 team. Etc

Then the same people then say draymond and klay are trash and not allstar worthy.

Which is it? can’t have it both ways. Haha.

c.c.
01-25-2018, 07:05 AM
People complain about the warriors having the cheat code, they’re too good and have 4 Allstars on 1 team. Etc

Then the same people then say draymond and klay are trash and not allstar worthy.

Which is it? can’t have it both ways. Haha.

The Warriors are great! The trio of Durant, Curry, and Klay with their “supporting cast” is lethal. Draymond is a part of their “supporting cast”, their crash dummy to sacrifice when it’s tension between another teams and to give flagrant fouls.

He’s no all star, just a guy fortunate to leach off the benefits of being on a great team!

Every since the Warriors lost when he got suspended, he became super overrated.

MygirlhatesCod
01-25-2018, 07:31 AM
Or don't address what I'm saying.

That’s all dude ever does. He redirects in a completely different direction. Then copies just one sentence without context to respond to.

Oefarmy2005
01-25-2018, 11:39 AM
I think KAT deserves to be an Allstar, but I would even take him out to put PG13 in. George is the biggest snub form the Allstar game I can remember in recent history. Do the Warriors really need 4 allstar selctions? Klay and Green are overrated AF in this league. George is a much more complete player than either of these two clowns, and he has great impact in every game he plays in. Case closed.

c.c.
01-25-2018, 12:23 PM
I think KAT deserves to be an Allstar, but I would even take him out to put PG13 in. George is the biggest snub form the Allstar game I can remember in recent history. Do the Warriors really need 4 allstar selctions? Klay and Green are overrated AF in this league. George is a much more complete player than either of these two clowns, and he has great impact in every game he plays in. Case closed.

I agree with Draymond being “overrated AF” but Klay is legit.

Being a Rockets fan, I rather see our front court duo get a chance to share the all star spotlight together but having Klay in instead of CP3 or Lou doesn’t bother me more than seeing ”Trashmond” Green in the all star game.

lol, please
01-25-2018, 01:09 PM
I agree with Draymond being “overrated AF” but Klay is legit.

Being a Rockets fan, I rather see our front court duo get a chance to share the all star spotlight together but having Klay in instead of CP3 or Lou doesn’t bother me more than seeing ”Trashmond” Green in the all star game.Lol'd at Trashmond.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

BKLYNpigeon
01-25-2018, 01:29 PM
So draymand and Klay aren't Allstars...

That means the Warriors are not a Superteam. They only have 2 true Allstars, KD and Steph.

no excuses this year, if you don't win it all..

c.c.
01-25-2018, 01:41 PM
So draymand and Klay aren't Allstars...

That means the Warriors are not a Superteam. They only have 2 true Allstars, KD and Steph.

no excuses this year, if you don't win it all..

I repeat Klay is legit! You can tell by the players that he is compared to that he is legit.

That other guy though, if he was anything more than a third option, he’ll fail miserably.

BKLYNpigeon
01-25-2018, 01:44 PM
I repeat Klay is legit! You can tell by the players that he is compared to that he is legit.

That other guy though, if he was anything more than a third option, he’ll fail miserably.

if he's a failure as DPOY. ill take it!

c.c.
01-25-2018, 01:58 PM
if he's a failure as DPOY. ill take it!

I gotta few questions for you since you such a fan of this overrated role player.

1. Which NBA team that you are a fan of?
2. What would you trade for him? (Be logical)
3. How much better do your team do after the trade? (My personal guess would be way worst than it would be if it was any other all star than Trashmond)

WaDe03
01-25-2018, 02:34 PM
I gotta few questions for you since you such a fan of this overrated role player.

1. Which NBA team that you are a fan of?
2. What would you trade for him? (Be logical)
3. How much better do your team do after the trade? (My personal guess would be way worst than it would be if it was any other all star than Trashmond)

Hes a Warriors fan lol

c.c.
01-25-2018, 02:46 PM
Hes a Warriors fan lol

No wonder why he was in denial. Thanks for making this make sense WaDe!

BKLYNpigeon
01-25-2018, 05:04 PM
Personally, I do think Draymond is an all-star caliber player. He's not a player who shows up in the stat sheet, but he has intangibles that wins games. In a Loaded Western conference I do think PG should have had his spot, but I'm not complaining. haha.

Coaches voted. not fans or players.

you may not like Draymond, But to call him Trash is a bit far. especially someone who's in the DPOY conversation the last 3 years.

FlashBolt
01-25-2018, 06:23 PM
That’s all dude ever does. He redirects in a completely different direction. Then copies just one sentence without context to respond to.

What are you talking about? He clearly said that, "Do any of you truly think Lou is better than Klay or would you build over Lou or Klay." I said, if that is the criteria for making an all-star, then Kyle Kuzma should be an All-star. Which point is confusing you guys? Man, ya'll are intolerable. Come up with valid arguments or just GTFO. You haven't provided anyone anything. All you said was Klay is on a better team and can shoot threes. Literally, find something else to talk about or just accept that you have no basketball insight and can't construct sentences that aren't fully based off your opinionated biased mindset.

FlashBolt
01-25-2018, 06:28 PM

Funny how you talk about context. You don't even know the meaning behind it. You haven't explained how PG has regressed. You compare the Pacers record to last year but won't explain what it even proves considering Warriors had a better record in 15-16 than 16-17 but we all know which team was better. You still won't answer as to how Klay is better than PG other than he is on a better team and is a better shooter. If you're not saying Klay is better than PG, explain to me what Klay does better than PG that warrants a spot this season. I'll wait. I gave you facts. PG has better numbers, is more versatile, has to do more, and there is nothing Klay does that PG can't do. Name it. Shooting? PG is shooting 42% and taking 7 threes per game. That's elite and one of the best shooters in the game. What else? Defense? Uhm, PG has made all-NBA defensive teams and leads the league in steals per game. These aren't empty team steals. These are actual man-on-man coverage, "I'm going to take the ball away from you" defensive plays. Again, you have no credible evidence or arguments being made. You refuse to respond with any legitimate sources because you have none. I consistently and have asked on numerous occasions for you to highlight how PG has regressed. You can't find any other reason other than that his eFG is down .003. Are you serious? That's ONE missed shot and you said he's less efficient? Check his other seasons. This is one of PG's best seasons shooting the ball. You are a clown. Go back to kissing your fathead Warrior posters before bed.

valade16
01-25-2018, 06:51 PM
I can't say whether Draymond Green or Klay Thompson are All-Stars in any specific year, but they are All-Star caliber players no doubt.

BKLYNpigeon
01-25-2018, 06:54 PM
NBA should just but the roster to 13 players. Theres always 1 player deserving that gets snubbed.

At the same time, Welcome to the Western Conference PG13!

lol, please
01-25-2018, 07:32 PM
Personally, I do think Draymond is an all-star caliber player. He's not a player who shows up in the stat sheet, but he has intangibles that wins games. In a Loaded Western conference I do think PG should have had his spot, but I'm not complaining. haha.

Coaches voted. not fans or players.

you may not like Draymond, But to call him Trash is a bit far. especially someone who's in the DPOY conversation the last 3 years.

I think it's hilariously sad that haters on PSD will talk about Draymond's impact all day and how it doesn't show up in the stat sheet, but when it comes to Klay, if his impact isn't reflected in the stat sheet, he's overrated (looking at you mightybosstone), even though BOTH players make most of their impact off the ball.

I can't say whether Draymond Green or Klay Thompson are All-Stars in any specific year, but they are All-Star caliber players no doubt.

Well said. I agree.

FlashBolt
01-25-2018, 07:51 PM
I think it's hilariously sad that haters on PSD will talk about Draymond's impact all day and how it doesn't show up in the stat sheet, but when it comes to Klay, if his impact isn't reflected in the stat sheet, he's overrated (looking at you mightybosstone), even though BOTH players make most of their impact off the ball.

Well said. I agree.

Cause what Klay does isn't reflected on or off the stat-sheet. He just isn't that good other than shooting and defending. Can you make an argument that he does anything else above average? Draymond is the total package. I left him on the All-Star team cause without him, your Warriors lose toughness and leadership. He's the guy who if the Warriors are having a rough quarter, will take it upon himself to get guys motivated. Klay is as boring and inspirational as watching paint dry. And sorry if you can't see the plain sheer fact that Klay has been the largest beneficiary on this team. No pressure, just run around for open shots. How many All-Stars in the past have had such delegation? Not many. Why? Because most All-Stars are able to do more than one thing. Klay is one of very few who is only an All-Star cause he is on a team that is so good that it would be impossible to not consider Klay an all-star just because of their status.

kdspurman
01-25-2018, 08:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUbO-bGV4AA2bct.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUbO1WAU0AAGRim.jpg

lol, please
01-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Cause what Klay does isn't reflected on or off the stat-sheet. He just isn't that good other than shooting and defending. Can you make an argument that he does anything else above average? Draymond is the total package. I left him on the All-Star team cause without him, your Warriors lose toughness and leadership. He's the guy who if the Warriors are having a rough quarter, will take it upon himself to get guys motivated. Klay is as boring and inspirational as watching paint dry. And sorry if you can't see the plain sheer fact that Klay has been the largest beneficiary on this team. No pressure, just run around for open shots. How many All-Stars in the past have had such delegation? Not many. Why? Because most All-Stars are able to do more than one thing. Klay is one of very few who is only an All-Star cause he is on a team that is so good that it would be impossible to not consider Klay an all-star just because of their status.

That Draymond comment rang true til this season apparently, jim and Fitz have said that he really hasn't been on it this season like seasons past, both with his impact on the court, and his "presence" like that.

valade16
01-25-2018, 09:13 PM

Didn't realize it until your post, but Bron's team is just massive size wise compared to Curry's.

Curry has three guards under 6'7" and Bron has 4 forwards over 6'9".

lol, please
01-25-2018, 09:17 PM
Didn't realize it until your post, but Bron's team is just massive size wise compared to Curry's.

Curry has three guards under 6'7" and Bron has 4 forwards over 6'9".

It was glaringly obvious when I saw the names in the OP lol.

I hope this doesn't send you on some long winded analysis though, it's an all-star game dude....lol.