PDA

View Full Version : Durant takes shots at Capela for saying the Rockets are better than the Warriors

Vee-Rex
01-22-2018, 06:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QyNJ_yEAMM

TLDR version: Kevin Durant on Clint Capela saying Houston is a better team than the Warriors:

ďYou hear that from guys like Capela, whoís usually catching the ball or laying it up from CP or Harden. His job is not as hard. I mean when your job is that hard you donít say **** like that.Ē

:facepalm::facepalm:

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 06:56 PM
He's so sensitive lol. His job is pretty damn easy now too. *****!

mightybosstone
01-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Kevin Durant should never get to rip on anyone whose jobs are easy is the NBA. KD is the king of taking the easy way out. Frankly, his job isn't that hard. When you join a team that won 73 games before you got there and is already the best offensive team in basketball, it's not like you have to be the guy every night if you don't want to.

Scoots
01-22-2018, 07:03 PM
I wish KD would talk a little less ... but now he's talking more and more. I think this is the way KD is now ... Green and a title have loosened him up.

rhino17
01-22-2018, 07:04 PM
Says the guy who literally quit on his team to have an easier job.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Clint saying what he said (any competitor should say that)

Redrum187
01-22-2018, 07:04 PM
I wish KD would talk a little less ... but now he's talking more and more. I think this is the way KD is now ... Green and a title have loosened him up.

Yes, his vag is probably pretty damn loose.

Htownballa1622
01-22-2018, 07:10 PM
"His job is not as hard. I mean when your job is that hard you donít say **** like that."

*Now let me go back to my historically stacked team and sucker my way into more rings. -KD

***** made person.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-22-2018, 07:18 PM
If you thought what Capela said was bulletin board material lol..

Saddletramp
01-22-2018, 07:22 PM
He just keeps saying things that make him more and more unlikable. Pussycat.

Like others have said, he has no room to talk.

GoferKing_
01-22-2018, 07:23 PM
Daaaaamn, This guy. He is not the smartes tool. ;D

GREATNESS ONE
01-22-2018, 07:24 PM

Lolz

esscobar05
01-22-2018, 07:45 PM
ALL you hating ***** mofo's... KD is right!!
KD is one of the top 2 players in the league.. He can say that! He is the finals MVP!

Get over the jealously fellas... Step your game up!

More-Than-Most
01-22-2018, 08:01 PM
i have never seen a more emotional dude that is a top player in sports in my entire life... he is honestly one argument away from crying on national TV.

More-Than-Most
01-22-2018, 08:03 PM
ALL you hating ***** mofo's... KD is right!!
KD is one of the top 2 players in the league.. He can say that! He is the finals MVP!

Get over the jealously fellas... Step your game up!

he can say what he wants but looks like a moron in the process... dont speak about someones job being easy when you leave being the guy and go to a 73 win team that won a title without you and just bent you over... his job isnt hard right now either.

Chromehounds
01-22-2018, 08:09 PM
i have never seen a more emotional dude that is a top player in sports in my entire life... he is honestly one argument away from crying on national TV.

cough..cough... The Self-proclaimed King? ;)

lol, please
01-22-2018, 08:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QyNJ_yEAMM

TLDR version: Kevin Durant on Clint Capela saying Houston is a better team than the Warriors:

:facepalm::facepalm:Durant has a point though.

Of course he's going to say something back.

Houston won't say anything after this either. Just like when Klay said he was #1 and Harden tucked his tail. They know who the alphas are. And the Warriors do their talking on the floor.

It's cool though, keep the bulletin board material coming Capela, we'll see what's up in the playoffs.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Chromehounds
01-22-2018, 08:14 PM
Talking trash is part of the game, keeps the game interesting! All you kids are to darn sensitive now, I welcome the back and forth!
Now if you got 148 dropped on you, that's when you shouldn't be opening your pie hole! ;) you agree, OP?

mightybosstone
01-22-2018, 08:28 PM
Durant has a point though.

Houston won't say anything after this either. Just like when Klay said he was #1 and Harden tucked his tail. They know who the alphas are. And the Warriors do their talking on the floor.

It's cool though, keep the bulletin board material coming Capela, we'll see what's up in the playoffs.

You're almost as delusional as Durant. :eyebrow:

Vee-Rex
01-22-2018, 08:28 PM
Talking trash is part of the game, keeps the game interesting! All you kids are to darn sensitive now, I welcome the back and forth!
Now if you got 148 dropped on you, that's when you shouldn't be opening your pie hole! ;) you agree, OP?

:laugh2: the Cavs definitely have no room to trash talk anyone right now, I'll give you that.

esscobar05
01-22-2018, 08:46 PM
he can say what he wants but looks like a moron in the process... dont speak about someones job being easy when you leave being the guy and go to a 73 win team that won a title without you and just bent you over... his job isnt hard right now either.

Regardless, he can go wherever he wants. Just like you and I can go wherever we want, if accepted. All of these players are picking and choosing where they want to play. Watch what Lebron does this off season? I bet that it won't be NY or ORL or SAC! He has that right.. They still have to play to win. Ask that 73 win team.

esscobar05
01-22-2018, 08:48 PM
Talking trash is part of basketball!! You can't go to a gym without hearing chirping. That what makes rivalries thrive...

esscobar05
01-22-2018, 08:49 PM
:laugh2: the Cavs definitely have no room to trash talk anyone right now, I'll give you that.

Cavs can't say jack right about now..

More-Than-Most
01-22-2018, 08:50 PM
Regardless, he can go wherever he wants. Just like you and I can go wherever we want, if accepted. All of these players are picking and choosing where they want to play. Watch what Lebron does this off season? I bet that it won't be NY or ORL or SAC! He has that right.. They still have to play to win. Ask that 73 win team.

i bet you lebron wont go to the warriors or celtics if they beat him. Even lebron has a limit to his Dbagery

Chronz
01-22-2018, 09:03 PM
Did he forget to log in as anon

europagnpilgrim
01-22-2018, 09:12 PM
KD is now King Durant, he went from likeable guy to most hated like Lebron did, only thing is KD actually won in his first year with new team and now he went from low key feeling himself to spit it in your face style

KD has played with 5-6 Olympic players in his 10yrs career outside of his rookie so I think he pretty much knows how easy it is for most, Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka(he could play for his national team)/Curry/Klay/Green

now I think about it KD should have at least 2 more finals trips based on the talented players he has had in 10yr career

KnicksorBust
01-22-2018, 09:19 PM
It is funny I simultaneously hate and love this. I hate it because Durant really is a girl...but I love it because he has embraced this ******* persona. Now he just doesnt care what anyone thinks and is in full heel mode.

Cal827
01-22-2018, 09:23 PM
I don't know whats funnier, Durant of all people, saying that in public, or the fans who were absolutely triggered by the irony :laugh2:

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 09:27 PM
cough..cough... The Self-proclaimed King? ;)

No, KD is far more sensitive.

Lakers + Giants
01-22-2018, 09:37 PM
It is funny I simultaneously hate and love this. I hate it because Durant really is a girl...but I love it because he has embraced this ******* persona. Now he just doesnt care what anyone thinks and is in full heel mode.

Agreed to an extent. He still cares what people say, otherwise he wouldn't have multiple twitter accounts lmfao.

He's right, capela has it easy so what though? Sounds salty af.

Warriors are still the best team in the league without him, so him joining is literally the easiest job in the NBA. He can's say **** either though. I love this cuz he's embracing the hate but at the same time he's bringing it on himself lmao.

Chronz
01-22-2018, 09:43 PM
Agreed to an extent. He still what people say, otherwise he wouldn't have multiple twitter accounts lmfao.

He's right, capela has it easy so what though? Sounds salty af.

Warriors are still the best team in the league without him, so him joining is literally the easiest job in the NBA. He can's say **** either though. I love this cuz he's embracing the hate but at the same time he's bringing it on himself lmao.
He's wrong. Capella makes it look easy but players like him don't grow on trees. KD don't know **** about the game, its why he ran to the easiest locale in history

Saddletramp
01-22-2018, 10:03 PM
Yeah, the more I think about this more **** him. Capella was discovered late and came in Raw as just about anybody has and has worked his *** off to be one of the best centers in the league. Durant was always coddled and when he couldn't take a stacked *** team to a title he ran away the first chance he got to a team that [you know the drill].

He was just salty and his ***** side came out. He gets catty so much I'm starting to wonder if......

Saddletramp
01-22-2018, 10:08 PM
Durant has a point though.

Have you been keeping up with all of the **** that the Warriors say off the floor over the past few years? The "still smells like champagne", drunkenly saying "Cavs suck!", Klay dogging Lebron to the point that Lebron came back from 3-1 on their ***, all of the passive aggressive garbage KD spews, his multiple twitter accounts painting him as a straight up lying puss, etc......

Once again, you're just being clueless as much as anyone could possibly be.

nastynice
01-22-2018, 10:35 PM
Yeah, the more I think about this more **** him. Capella was discovered late and came in Raw as just about anybody has and has worked his *** off to be one of the best centers in the league. Durant was always coddled and when he couldn't take a stacked *** team to a title he ran away the first chance he got to a team that [you know the drill].

He was just salty and his ***** side came out. He gets catty so much I'm starting to wonder if......

Haha, couldn't keep it in huh

Hawkeye15
01-22-2018, 10:35 PM
When a guy who has displayed zero competitiveness calls you out for doing it the easy way, that is called irony my friends

Bostonjorge
01-22-2018, 11:16 PM
These guys have to meet in the playoffs now. I want a old school tough series. Like when PJ Brown tossed Charlie Ward.

goingfor28
01-23-2018, 02:47 AM
Capela didn't even say anything bad lol. Durant is such a fkn vag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KB24PG16
01-23-2018, 03:29 AM
wonder how durant's buddies mcgee and bell feel about his comments about capela's job being easy lmao

tredigs
01-23-2018, 07:05 AM
Asked a question and answered it calmly and very real. Capella is a nobody and KD is right that the vets/stars wouldn't speak out of turn like that. He's not trolling. And no kids, KD does not have it as easy as you want to make believe. He just makes it look easy. Always has.

tredigs
01-23-2018, 07:10 AM
Have you been keeping up with all of the **** that the Warriors say off the floor over the past few years? The "still smells like champagne", drunkenly saying "Cavs suck!", Klay dogging Lebron to the point that Lebron came back from 3-1 on their ***, all of the passive aggressive garbage KD spews, his multiple twitter accounts painting him as a straight up lying puss, etc......

Once again, you're just being clueless as much as anyone could possibly be.

The evening anger post. Saddle's drunk again.

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 07:54 AM
Asked a question and answered it calmly and very real. Capella is a nobody and KD is right that the vets/stars wouldn't speak out of turn like that. He's not trolling. And no kids, KD does not have it as easy as you want to make believe. He just makes it look easy. Always has.

He didn't answer it calmly though because he was clearly triggered by Capela's comments. I also know he wasn't trolling(that's that sad part). Durant' s lack of awareness is striking here that he should be the last person talking about someone's job being easy.

In regards to Capela being "nobody", clearly he's somebody to have triggered your boy and has still been an excellent starting center for a 2nd best team in league.

Also find it funny how you take a play out of bron's book, calling people "kids" passive aggressively. Haha.

tredigs
01-23-2018, 08:21 AM
He didn't answer it calmly though because he was clearly triggered by Capela's comments. I also know he wasn't trolling(that's that sad part). Durant' s lack of awareness is striking here that he should be the last person talking about someone's job being easy.

In regards to Capela being "nobody", clearly he's somebody to have triggered your boy and has still been an excellent starting center for a 2nd best team in league.

Also find it funny how you take a play out of bron's book, calling people "kids" passive aggressively. Haha.

He took a shot at Clint because he was asked the question and it was a layup. KOB is also right that KD knows he's the heel and has embraced that role. Obviously Curry or Klay wouldn't even bother responding to the kid. I like it though. A little **** talk freshens up the lack of rivalry.

mightybosstone
01-23-2018, 09:08 AM

That's ********, and you're being incredibly obtuse if you honestly think that. Capela is a damn fine basketball player and a legit candidate for MIP this season. Durant was absolutely trolling, and by refusing to acknowledge it and diminishing Capela's value, you're trolling by extension.

mightybosstone
01-23-2018, 09:11 AM
He took a shot at Clint because he was asked the question and it was a layup. KOB is also right that KD knows he's the heel and has embraced that role. Obviously Curry or Klay wouldn't even bother responding to the kid. I like it though. A little **** talk freshens up the lack of rivalry.

OK, so he is or isn't trolling? Make up your mind, because you just flip-flopped your opinion within the same page of the same thread. :confused:

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 09:20 AM

It was a layup and we both know KD doesn't pass on easy layups(aka taking the easy way). That's the irony of it all. He's not self aware enough to realize what he said could be flipped on him because he himself might be perceived as having things easy.

KD is a tremendous player but we know he's a little thin skinned. It's why he has multiple social media accounts to try and defend himself.

I too like the back and forth. I also like you being passive aggressive with your comments with the line "lack of rivalry."

I understand now why you're defending him. You are like he and Bron quite a bit. I would accuse you of being one of KD's burner accounts, but I have more respect for you than that and I know when you put your personal bias aside(we all have them), you can be a very good, objective poster.

warfelg
01-23-2018, 09:24 AM
I bet KD is the guy that goes to a funeral and tells the stories of the worst moments of the deceased.

Heís the definition of 1st world problems right now.

Iíve never seen a player so unaware of his situation and an inability to read the room.

LOb0
01-23-2018, 12:03 PM
Warriors won 73 without you KD. Pretty sure the Rockets need Capella more than the Warriors needed you.

tredigs
01-23-2018, 12:25 PM
OK, so he is or isn't trolling? Make up your mind, because you just flip-flopped your opinion within the same page of the same thread. :confused:

I flip flopped? You're confused. He is taking a shot at him. There is a difference between trolling and taking a shot/speaking the truth. And yes, I do get the irony of his comment and obviously knew exactly what this thread would predictably look like before I clocked on it. And I like it.

Cal827
01-23-2018, 12:31 PM
Warriors won 73 without you KD. Pretty sure the Rockets need Capella more than the Warriors needed you.

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Your comment, along with that picture/comment is awesome

Let the trash talk commence, it's a shame that the next time that these teams would meet (if they do) would be in May

mngopher35
01-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Lol ya not only is it a complete lack of awareness of his situation (I don't remember capela running from and MVP to an MVP plus 73 win roster as a supposed superstar, talk about having it easy) but he kinda just comes off as more of the guy who is all talk.

This isn't someone embracing anything other than running behind others then talking big. Before he was losing because he wasn't good enough. Now he's the same guy and is winning because his crew is behind him so he gets cocky and starts talking (what was that about making things easy?). Like hold me back guys hold me back but everyone knows you're a ***** and not gonna do anything without your boys around. Just seems like Durant being Durant at this point to me. At least he didn't call into a radio show as Steve to give his opinions this time I guess (or whatever name he used to bash his old teammates).

KnicksorBust
01-23-2018, 12:47 PM
I get a little tired of hearing of hearing people complain about how easy Durant has it. I'm with the majority here that leaving OKC after going up 3-1 and going to the Warriors was a weak move. In this very thread I called him a girl. But it's not easy being one of the 5 best players in the world and he's been doing that for years. It's easier for him to win games and score points now that he's playing with Curry/Klay/Draymond but it's not EASY beating LeBron/Kyrie/Love in the Finals and it's not easy being one of the best scorers in NBA History.

Vee-Rex
01-23-2018, 12:58 PM
I get a little tired of hearing of hearing people complain about how easy Durant has it. I'm with the majority here that leaving OKC after going up 3-1 and going to the Warriors was a weak move. In this very thread I called him a girl. But it's not easy being one of the 5 best players in the world and he's been doing that for years. It's easier for him to win games and score points now that he's playing with Curry/Klay/Draymond but it's not EASY beating LeBron/Kyrie/Love in the Finals and it's not easy being one of the best scorers in NBA History.

You have to admit that he's not doing himself any favors with comments such as this, though.

I mean sure, we've been trashing him but it's only THIS bad because he's the one constantly dousing himself in gasoline. From acting like a villain/fake tough guy on the court, to fake twitter accounts, to bashing former teammates, it has gone beyond just his weak decision.

Edit: Ultimately, I love the conflict and I'm glad it's happening (bravo!), but it doesn't make me change my opinion of KD.

valade16
01-23-2018, 01:02 PM

Poor KD.

Chronz
01-23-2018, 01:54 PM
Haha, couldn't keep it in huh
It's hard to not spread truth, trust me, I'm the anti you

Chronz
01-23-2018, 01:56 PM

He's a nobody? Lmfao, and I'm told to get off my high horse. If he's a nobody, why's a somebody making it a talking point. A true man shrugs off nobodies.

lol, please
01-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Poor KD.It's never easy to win a title.

If he continues to play at a high level and win rings, his legacy will skyrocket.

Chronz
01-23-2018, 01:59 PM
It's never easy to win a title.

If he continues to play at a high level and win rings, his legacy will skyrocket.

It is when you run from the challenge of creating a contender and merely run to one

Chronz
01-23-2018, 02:01 PM
It was a layup and we both know KD doesn't pass on easy layups(aka taking the easy way). That's the irony of it all. He's not self aware enough to realize what he said could be flipped on him because he himself might be perceived as having things easy.

KD is a tremendous player but we know he's a little thin skinned. It's why he has multiple social media accounts to try and defend himself.

I too like the back and forth. I also like you being passive aggressive with your comments with the line "lack of rivalry."

I understand now why you're defending him. You are like he and Bron quite a bit. I would accuse you of being one of KD's burner accounts, but I have more respect for you than that and I know when you put your personal bias aside(we all have them), you can be a very good, objective poster.
True. When it comes to superstars, kd will always be on the outside looking in because of how easy he insisted it to be

lol, please
01-23-2018, 02:01 PM
It is when you run from the challenge of creating a contender and merely run to oneDurant could have won a title with Harden, Westbrook, and Ibaka. Didn't happen, doesn't always happen for every team even as a contender.

Let's not pretend a Durant led OKC didn't have it's chances, they simply couldn't get it done/ got beat by better teams.

Jamiecballer
01-23-2018, 02:03 PM
I get a little tired of hearing of hearing people complain about how easy Durant has it. I'm with the majority here that leaving OKC after going up 3-1 and going to the Warriors was a weak move. In this very thread I called him a girl. But it's not easy being one of the 5 best players in the world and he's been doing that for years. It's easier for him to win games and score points now that he's playing with Curry/Klay/Draymond but it's not EASY beating LeBron/Kyrie/Love in the Finals and it's not easy being one of the best scorers in NBA History.Same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

aman_13
01-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Durant could have won a title with Harden, Westbrook, and Ibaka. Didn't happen, doesn't always happen for every team even as a contender.

Let's not pretend a Durant led OKC didn't have it's chances, they simply couldn't get it done/ got beat by better teams.

They were the baby Thunder at that point and let's face it, they should of closed out the Warriors when up 3-1. OKC did have their chances and could have had more.

aman_13
01-23-2018, 02:05 PM
Anyways, this is the definition of irony. Bookmark or favourite this thread to teach your kids.

valade16
01-23-2018, 02:05 PM
It's never easy to win a title.

It may not be easy to win a title, but KD has had it easier than any other Top 20 level superstar in the history of the game.

Honestly, who had an easier time of winning a title who is considered Top 20-25 best players ever?

lol, please
01-23-2018, 02:13 PM
It may not be easy to win a title, but KD has had it easier than any other Top 20 level superstar in the history of the game.

Honestly, who had an easier time of winning a title who is considered Top 20-25 best players ever?Russell, Bird, LeBron, Shaq, Kobe ALL had loaded, LOADED squads they won titles with.

How many elite players drag non stars to a title? Other than Dirk? And his roster wasn't even that bad, Barrea and Terry were on that team. Underdogs, but not talentless by any means.

nastynice
01-23-2018, 02:14 PM
And no kids, KD does not have it as easy as you want to make believe. He just makes it look easy. Always has.

This guy gets it! :cheers: :)

tredigs
01-23-2018, 02:16 PM

Honestly, who had an easier time of winning a title who is considered Top 20-25 best players ever?

ehhh -- that Cavs team was no joke. They set offensive records in the playoffs in a complete rout of the Western Conference. And he went head to head with a prime Lebron James. That's also no joke. Some forget now and pretend like that series is a total breeze, but the comeback 4th quarter G3 run that culminated with KD's pullup 3 over Lebron is really what drove that series home (Dubs still got pummeled in the next one, and had he not made it there's a good chance we're looking at a 2-2 series). But, he didn't miss. He had ice in his veins and drilled it. Nothing easy about it. Concerning easier ships, I don't know I'd have to think about it. Probably someone involved in one of the many Finals sweeps.

nastynice
01-23-2018, 02:17 PM
I mean sure, we've been trashing him but it's only THIS bad because he's the one constantly dousing himself in gasoline.

Not really, it's just when the hate starts spilling over people start obsessing over meaningless things like this

aman_13
01-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Relative to a number one option or go to guy, KD has it easy lol.

arnchise
01-23-2018, 02:18 PM
He's a nobody? Lmfao, and I'm told to get off my high horse. If he's a nobody, why's a somebody making it a talking point. A true man shrugs off nobodies.
No letís keep going with this heís a nobody thing. Then maybe no one will offer him a huge contract in the off-season so the rockets can re-sign him cheaply.

lol, please
01-23-2018, 02:20 PM
No letís keep going with this heís a nobody thing. Then maybe no one will offer him a huge contract in the off-season so the rockets can re-sign him cheaply.Capela will be a Warrior. We buy our enemies key pieces and weaken them before the kill.

valade16
01-23-2018, 02:48 PM
Russell, Bird, LeBron, Shaq, Kobe ALL had loaded, LOADED squads they won titles with.

How many elite players drag non stars to a title? Other than Dirk? And his roster wasn't even that bad, Barrea and Terry were on that team. Underdogs, but not talentless by any means.

I agree, all of their rosters were loaded. But were any as loaded as this current GS team? The only one you could argue is Russell's Celtics.

ehhh -- that Cavs team was no joke. They set offensive records in the playoffs in a complete rout of the Western Conference. And he went head to head with a prime Lebron James. That's also no joke. Some forget now and pretend like that series is a total breeze, but the comeback 4th quarter G3 run that culminated with KD's pullup 3 over Lebron is really what drove that series home (Dubs still got pummeled in the next one, and had he not made it there's a good chance we're looking at a 2-2 series). But, he didn't miss. He had ice in his veins and drilled it. Nothing easy about it. Concerning easier ships, I don't know I'd have to think about it. Probably someone involved in one of the many Finals sweeps.

Agreed. But in comparison to their competition they were vastly inferior. Or put another way, an AK47 is no joke, but compared to an M1 Abrams Tank it won't do very good.

The problem with your argument is that it rests on the idea that the only thing that should count in terms of the difficulty of his title is the Finals itself. The totality of the season is what makes the chip a walk in the park for him.

Yes, KD went against a prime Bron, Prime KD with Curry... and Dray... and Klay.

Who is to say the Cavs still blow the Warriors out in Game 4 if the they win Game 3? More than likely GS comes out looking for vengeance and puts the series away. The series was a 4-1 very one sided affair.

Regardless of all that, I'd genuinely be curious to know which Top 25 player actually had an easier Championship than KD's last year.

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 02:59 PM
07 spurs had an easy championship because they literally only had to limit LeBron. Rest of the roster was :puke:

Saddletramp
01-23-2018, 03:13 PM
The evening anger post. Saddle's drunk again.

That was the quickest escape from that rock you retreated to that I might have ever seen.

Kudos.

tredigs
01-23-2018, 04:18 PM
I agree, all of their rosters were loaded. But were any as loaded as this current GS team? The only one you could argue is Russell's Celtics.

Agreed. But in comparison to their competition they were vastly inferior. Or put another way, an AK47 is no joke, but compared to an M1 Abrams Tank it won't do very good.

The problem with your argument is that it rests on the idea that the only thing that should count in terms of the difficulty of his title is the Finals itself. The totality of the season is what makes the chip a walk in the park for him.

Yes, KD went against a prime Bron, Prime KD with Curry... and Dray... and Klay.

Who is to say the Cavs still blow the Warriors out in Game 4 if the they win Game 3? More than likely GS comes out looking for vengeance and puts the series away. The series was a 4-1 very one sided affair.

Regardless of all that, I'd genuinely be curious to know which Top 25 player actually had an easier Championship than KD's last year.

You're conveniently omitting multiple All Stars in their prime who also played on that Cavs team. There's no denying that the Warriors were clear favorites, but there's a very decent chance the Warriors lose (again) without KD. He showed up huge in the Finals and that was the difference in the squads. The dialogue that he waltzed into a free ship is a very tired one.

Vee-Rex
01-23-2018, 04:27 PM

Funny how it's viewed as a one-sided affair when we're talking about whether or not the Cavs can close the gap on GS. I've made that argument before: "Series could've easily ended up 2-2". I was laughed at when I argued that directly after the finals.

But when we're discussing KD's impact and importance to the Warriors, SUUUUUDDENLY the series wasn't all THAT far apart and they might've lost without him.

:laugh2:

valade16
01-23-2018, 04:47 PM
You're conveniently omitting multiple All Stars in their prime who also played on that Cavs team. There's no denying that the Warriors were clear favorites, but there's a very decent chance the Warriors lose (again) without KD. He showed up huge in the Finals and that was the difference in the squads. The dialogue that he waltzed into a free ship is a very tired one.

I am not conveniently omitting anything, if you really want to start naming multiple all-stars in their prime for each player, KD has more than LeBron, and his were better. So if you're point is the Cavs were stacked, they were indeed a very good team; but again, not nearly as stacked as KD's Warriors (see: AK47/M1 Abrams metaphor).

You can't keep arguing out of both sides of your mouth. You have argued that the Warriors would have beaten the Cavs in 2016 had Dray not been suspended because the Warriors were better now you're arguing that the Warriors may have lost 2017 with the same rosters.

As for your accusation he that him waltzing into a free ship is a very tired one, you (or anyone else) has yet to name an example of a Top 20-25 caliber player who had an easier situation of winning a championship. I suspect the only example that someone can conjure is possibly a superstar as a backup or contributing piece to an otherwise stacked roster, but I sincerely doubt you will find a prime Top 20 level player who had an easier time winning a chip than KD.

Which is what this conversation was originally about. I get that it's closer than the extreme language everyone is using, but even being closer, it is still the easiest anyone has ever had it for his caliber of player in his prime.

valade16
01-23-2018, 04:50 PM
Funny how it's viewed as a one-sided affair when we're talking about whether or not the Cavs can close the gap on GS. I've made that argument before: "Series could've easily ended up 2-2". I was laughed at when I argued that directly after the finals.

But when we're discussing KD's impact and importance to the Warriors, SUUUUUDDENLY the series wasn't all THAT far apart and they might've lost without him.

Currently GS fans suffer from the same thing Seahawks fans suffered on PSD after their SB win; they are trying to argue all points simultaneously.

GS is the best and most talented team ever but also they aren't that much better than the rest of the league.
GS was clearly the better team in the Finals but also were close to losing
Steph Curry and KD are both better than LeBron, but they have it tough having to face LeBron.

They just keep arguing opposite sides of the coin based on what we are talking about. Denigrate the team when people say they're too good and then pump the team up when people say the team isn't that good.

ewing
01-23-2018, 04:58 PM
Currently GS fans suffer from the same thing Seahawks fans suffered on PSD after their SB win; they are trying to argue all points simultaneously.

GS is the best and most talented team ever but also they aren't that much better than the rest of the league.
Steph Curry and KD are both better than LeBron, but they have it tough having to face LeBron.

They just keep arguing opposite sides of the coin based on what we are talking about. Denigrate the team when people say they're too good and then pump the team up when people say the team isn't that good.

This is exactly right. Great post Vlade

tredigs
01-23-2018, 05:13 PM
I am not conveniently omitting anything, if you really want to start naming multiple all-stars in their prime for each player, KD has more than LeBron, and his were better. So if you're point is the Cavs were stacked, they were indeed a very good team; but again, not nearly as stacked as KD's Warriors (see: AK47/M1 Abrams metaphor).

You can't keep arguing out of both sides of your mouth. You have argued that the Warriors would have beaten the Cavs in 2016 had Dray not been suspended because the Warriors were better now you're arguing that the Warriors may have lost 2017 with the same rosters.

As for your accusation he that him waltzing into a free ship is a very tired one, you (or anyone else) has yet to name an example of a Top 20-25 caliber player who had an easier situation of winning a championship. I suspect the only example that someone can conjure is possibly a superstar as a backup or contributing piece to an otherwise stacked roster, but I sincerely doubt you will find a prime Top 20 level player who had an easier time winning a chip than KD.

Which is what this conversation was originally about. I get that it's closer than the extreme language everyone is using, but even being closer, it is still the easiest anyone has ever had it for his caliber of player in his prime.

Your dumb and completely off base gun/tank analogy aside, you're now arguing completely different seasons. As the 16 season Finals was playing out, it's no secret that the Draymond suspension shifted the tide and likely was what it took to get the Cavs momentum. That said, it's clear that the two teams were a lot closer than myself or 95% of fans realized. You really can't judge LeBron teams by their reg season play. Bear in mind, they were the favorites going into the season, not Golden State. After the KD trade was in fact the first time the Warriors were favorites out of the gate. Due to the ease of stacking the deck in the East and being virtual Finals lock each season, whatever All Star squad LeBron has been leading from 2010-2017 were always the prohibitive preseason favorites. That's no longer the case. Boo ****ing hoo.

Chronz
01-23-2018, 05:13 PM
Durant could have won a title with Harden, Westbrook, and Ibaka. Didn't happen, doesn't always happen for every team even as a contender.

Why would we pretend when we already know he failed?

Chronz
01-23-2018, 05:14 PM
No letís keep going with this heís a nobody thing. Then maybe no one will offer him a huge contract in the off-season so the rockets can re-sign him cheaply.
With his level of production. Good luck. KD is basically a walking meme at this point. Nobody worth their salt cares about kd.

Chronz
01-23-2018, 05:19 PM

Succinct and concise. As could be given history

Chronz
01-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Your dumb and completely off base gun/tank analogy aside, you're now arguing completely different seasons. As the 16 season Finals was playing out, it's no secret that the Draymond suspension shifted the tide and likely was what it took to get the Cavs momentum. That said, it's clear that the two teams were a lot closer than myself or 95% of fans realized. You really can't judge LeBron teams by their reg season play. Bear in mind, they were the favorites going into the season, not Golden State. After the KD trade was in fact the first time the Warriors were favorites out of the gate. Due to the ease of stacking the deck in the East and being virtual Finals lock each season, whatever All Star squad LeBron has been leading from 2010-2017 were always the prohibitive preseason favorites. That's no longer the case. Boo ****ing hoo.

I stopped reading at valade being dumb. Really now, that's how you're gonna start your argument? How the mighty have fallen in defending kd

valade16
01-23-2018, 05:22 PM

See what I mean? You're trying to argue both sides simultaneously.

"The only reason the Cavs won was Dray was suspended. But the teams were very close and either team could have won"

Chronz
01-23-2018, 05:23 PM

He can't so he won't. But he'll call you bad names

mngopher35
01-23-2018, 05:25 PM
Pretty sure he was calling the analogy dumb, not valade

Chronz
01-23-2018, 05:39 PM
Pretty sure he was calling the analogy dumb, not valade
You right. My bad tre, I should've known you wouldn't stoop to that level. I'll finish reading next time, should've realized that sooner given the syntax

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 05:40 PM

As our good friend would say..."GOOD POST."

:hi5:

Chronz
01-23-2018, 05:46 PM

I like how you're trying to glorify a final possession. Facts are most of us predicted such a game because of brons greatness but it didn't stop ANYONE (including the damn announcement crew calling the series) from noticing how one sided this affair was. I made bank because of your squad so I don't want to hear **** about how a series could've been different if a minute detail came about. Frankly, y'all should've swept but I gave Bron 1 game and was rewarded kindly for it.

You're team is underachieving this year so it's not just Bron led teams we consider, I've made similar bets in the past due to prior history. Dubs choking doesn't make the Cavs the best team, just the champ

Chronz
01-23-2018, 05:49 PM
Seriously a historic crew adds a historic player and were suppose to ignore the realities of it all? Lmfao, can't do it

tredigs
01-23-2018, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I don't think Valade's dumb in the least. Just a dumb, meaningless analogy that furthers my point on the silly hyperbole of the "KD/Warriors>next best" hysteria. Granted, they're clearly still the top team, we get it. Even if Clint Capela doesn't ; )

Chronz
01-23-2018, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I don't think Valade's dumb in the least. Just a dumb, meaningless analogy that furthers my point on the silly hyperbole of the "KD/Warriors>next best" hysteria. Granted, they're clearly still the top team, we get it. Even if Clint Capela doesn't ; )

No offense but of course opposing teams supporting player (/ possible rising star) is gonna believe in his team. Wtf else would you expect from a self made baller. Honestly given minutes, how is he any different from a young deandre Jordan.? A ****ing former first teamer that you yourself said wasn't worth this no namer in a trade?

Honestly, I think you're projecting. It's as if you can't revel in the unprecedented history your team is making. It's as if 2 sides of your brain are in direct conflict.

valade16
01-23-2018, 06:04 PM

How can it be dumb when you are yourself admitting they are clearly the top team?

This is what I'm saying.

You were arguing the Warriors prior to KD were better than the MJ Bulls and now that they added KD you're trying to downplay how good they are. Nobodies buying it.

Do you think this team is the most talented team ever? Yes or no? Which team do you think was better/more talented?

nastynice
01-23-2018, 06:09 PM
With his level of production. Good luck. KD is basically a walking meme at this point. Nobody worth their salt cares about kd.

Except for the mainstream mvp polls ;)

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 06:16 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/01/23/nba-mvp-rankings-james-harden-reclaims-no-1-spot/1058609001/

sup?:p

nastynice
01-23-2018, 06:17 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/01/23/nba-mvp-rankings-james-harden-reclaims-no-1-spot/1058609001/

sup?:p

Numba 3 playa ;)

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 06:27 PM
Numba 3 playa ;)

I see you have a blank sig there sir.

Would you like to make a gentleman's wager?(A Signature bet of course):D

tredigs
01-23-2018, 06:55 PM
How can it be dumb when you are yourself admitting they are clearly the top team?

This is what I'm saying.

You were arguing the Warriors prior to KD were better than the MJ Bulls and now that they added KD you're trying to downplay how good they are. Nobodies buying it.

Do you think this team is the most talented team ever? Yes or no? Which team do you think was better/more talented?

We are completely in the weeds here and it's not something I care to revisit for the 80th time, but yes this is the most talented team of all time. But they're probably not the best relative to their comp. I'd have to imagine that goes to Russell's C's in any given year. In the modern era it might even be the Shaq/Kobe Lakers in 01. Certainly in the Finals. They weren't going against a GOAT+All Stars. They were playing AI and a good D. It was a blood bath. It happens.

The clear stupidity of your analogy and this dialogue as a whole is pretending no other team has a shot in the world. It's no walk in the park for GS, and I have zero doubt that Clint truly believes the Rockets have the upper hand.
And frankly, tough to blame him. They're playing at a historically high level and have the upper hand in the season series. I also guarantee KD respects that he thinks that. The issue that he's being called out for it is due to the fact he's vocalizing it to the media.

It's **** talk both ways. I like it, it's fun. But by all means, keep bringing all stories back to KD playing for the Warriors and making completely worthless analogies on the subject. It's super unique and impressive prose friends.

nastynice
01-23-2018, 06:57 PM
I see you have a blank sig there sir.

Would you like to make a gentleman's wager?(A Signature bet of course):D

Wager who's gonna win mvp, or wether anyone cares about kd in this thing? I'm all over the latter...

KnicksorBust
01-23-2018, 06:59 PM

If they also believe the Cavs were historically good with Lebron/Kyrie/Love wouldn't that cover them?

lol, please
01-23-2018, 07:03 PM

They just keep arguing opposite sides of the coin based on what we are talking about. Denigrate the team when people say they're too good and then pump the team up when people say the team isn't that good.Terrible comparison, the 49ers at their peak were better under Harbaugh, the best team doesn't always win.

Chronz
01-23-2018, 07:11 PM

Lol, plz

Take my bet then *****

valade16
01-23-2018, 07:25 PM
We are completely in the weeds here and it's not something I care to revisit for the 80th time, but yes this is the most talented team of all time. But they're probably not the best relative to their comp. I'd have to imagine that goes to Russell's C's in any given year. In the modern era it might even be the Shaq/Kobe Lakers in 01. Certainly in the Finals. They weren't going against a GOAT+All Stars. They were playing AI and a good D. It was a blood bath. It happens.

The clear stupidity of your analogy and this dialogue as a whole is pretending no other team has a shot in the world. It's no walk in the park for GS, and I have zero doubt that Clint truly believes the Rockets have the upper hand.
And frankly, tough to blame him. They're playing at a historically high level and have the upper hand in the season series. I also guarantee KD respects that he thinks that. The issue that he's being called out for it is due to the fact he's vocalizing it to the media.

It's **** talk both ways. I like it, it's fun. But by all means, keep bringing all stories back to KD playing for the Warriors and making completely worthless analogies on the subject. It's super unique and impressive prose friends.

First Bolded: Yes, we are completely in the weeds and no one has said which Top 20 player had an easier Championship. That is very telling.

2nd and 3rd Bolded: So you best you can muster is it "may" be the 01 Lakers. Well... yes or no? Which team was better relative to their peers, the 01 Lakers or the 17 Warriors? For the full season. Which was more dominant and better compared to the rest of the league?

4th Bolded: Admirable for you to keep trying to argue this, but you yourself readily admit the Warriors are clearly the best team.

Where do you rank the current Rockets and the 17 Cavaliers all-time?

Are they Top 10 teams all time? Top 20? Remember, you just said the Warriors are the most talented team of all-time, so surely if they are so close to being beaten by the opponents you're talking about, they are up there for best and most talented teams ever as well correct?

nastynice
01-23-2018, 08:14 PM
Lol, plz

Take my bet then *****

lol, boy does the internet change people, huh..

valade16
01-23-2018, 08:29 PM
If they also believe the Cavs were historically good with Lebron/Kyrie/Love wouldn't that cover them?

If they believe this then why are they always posting about how bad the Cavs are defensively lol?

YAALREADYKNO
01-23-2018, 08:33 PM

😂😂😂

tredigs
01-23-2018, 08:44 PM
First Bolded: Yes, we are completely in the weeds and no one has said which Top 20 player had an easier Championship. That is very telling.

2nd and 3rd Bolded: So you best you can muster is it "may" be the 01 Lakers. Well... yes or no? Which team was better relative to their peers, the 01 Lakers or the 17 Warriors? For the full season. Which was more dominant and better compared to the rest of the league?

4th Bolded: Admirable for you to keep trying to argue this, but you yourself readily admit the Warriors are clearly the best team.

Where do you rank the current Rockets and the 17 Cavaliers all-time?

Are they Top 10 teams all time? Top 20? Remember, you just said the Warriors are the most talented team of all-time, so surely if they are so close to being beaten by the opponents you're talking about, they are up there for best and most talented teams ever as well correct?

You're tiring. And this debate is tired. When I have some time off at home tomorrow I may find the closest parallels for you. But regardless, I simply don't care that they're favorites. I watch every game. I know the work KD put in on this team for them to reach the heights they did, and even then, it took a huge comeback in G3 for it not to be a potential 2-2 series. That's the reality. And yes, it's very possible these Rockets would SMOKE the teams of yesteryear with ease. Their potential as a top 20 team of All Time (at full health) is not a ridiculous notion by any means (and I fully realize that the common NBA simpleton fan does not grasp that argument in the least. The fact is this game is much tougher than at any point in the past).

valade16
01-23-2018, 08:58 PM
You're tiring. And this debate is tired. When I have some time off at home tomorrow I may find the closest parallels for you. But regardless, I simply don't care that they're favorites. I watch every game. I know the work KD put in on this team for them to reach the heights they did, and even then, it took a huge comeback in G3 for it not to be a potential 2-2 series. That's the reality. And yes, it's very possible these Rockets would SMOKE the teams of yesteryear with ease. Their potential as a top 20 team of All Time (at full health) is not a ridiculous notion by any means (and I fully realize that the common NBA simpleton fan does not grasp that argument in the least. The fact is this game is much tougher than at any point in the past).

1st Bolded: It took a huge comeback in G3 for it not to be a 2-1 series, not a 2-2 series. Stop acting like it was close. it was 2-0 and a huge comeback made it 3-0. You have no idea if the Cavs would have won Game 4 after winning Game 3.

2nd Bolded: First, nice cheap shot insinuating I'm some NBA simpleton fan. Second, I agree, the Rockets have the potential to be a top team... but you conveniently omitted the Cavs.

Odd how you keep making claims for how tough the Warriors had it last year and then seem to back off when pressed to talk up the Cavs. As I said, you are trying to argue both sides simultaneously.

And again, all this is smoke and mirrors to dance around two undeniable facts:

1. KD had it easier than any Top 20 level player in their prime to win a championship

2. The Cavs were severely outclassed by the Warriors and KD's supporting cast far exceeded LeBron's.

Now go to bed and rest up, if you really want to argue those two points you're going to need all your energy.

tredigs
01-23-2018, 09:04 PM
Valade, I could care less if you think he had it easier than other top 20 players. It is your own stupid argument. Go ahead and make a list of all top 20 payers finals and stack them up. Then compare them to your favorite gun of choice. Then make believe that it means a damn thing. You're on the clock.

valade16
01-23-2018, 09:07 PM
Valade, I could care less if you think he had it easier than other top 20 players. It is your own stupid argument. Go ahead and make a list of all top 20 payers finals and stack them up. Then compare them to your favorite gun of choice. Then make believe that it means a damn thing. You're on the clock.

First, I think you do care since you responded directly to that post

Second, a stupid argument you have been thus far unable to refute

Third, I don't expect you to put much stock in it. Doesn't mean it isn't true.

Bottom line: Durant waltzed his way into the easiest title a player of his stature and ability will ever have. Instead of arguing so vehemently against that fact, embrace it and enjoy the ride. It will make the next 3-5 years way better for you instead of constantly trying to simultaneously argue how good the Warriors are and how not good they are.

tredigs
01-23-2018, 09:16 PM

Bottom line: Durant waltzed his way into the easiest title a player of his stature and ability will ever have. Instead of arguing so vehemently against that fact, embrace it and enjoy the ride. It will make the next 3-5 years way better for you instead of constantly trying to simultaneously argue how good the Warriors are and how not good they are.

It's great for you guys that this is the narrative that you have to tell yourself while your favorite teams **** the bed every year. Whatever let's you rest easy. Again, I'm the one who actually watches every game (and watched hundreds of OKC games before KD came to The Bay). I fully grasp how important the Finals MVP was to their ship. This coming from a guy who never even wanted KD on the team.

valade16
01-23-2018, 09:28 PM
EDIT: Not worth it.

I'll leave with, if you watch all the games and you can't see the Warriors are clearly the best team in the league, you might as well stop watching because it's not doing you any good.

lol, please
01-23-2018, 09:50 PM

Bottom line: Durant waltzed his way into the easiest title a player of his stature and ability will ever have. Instead of arguing so vehemently against that fact, embrace it and enjoy the ride. It will make the next 3-5 years way better for you instead of constantly trying to simultaneously argue how good the Warriors are and how not good they are.Durant led the Warriors through a stacked western conference, what is this "waltzed" in I keep hearing from you?

mightybosstone
01-23-2018, 09:59 PM
Durant led the Warriors through a stacked western conference, what is this "waltzed" in I keep hearing from you?

Stacked? The Warriors had to beat a .500 Portland team without its starting center and a 51-win Jazz team who probably didn't have a top 20 player in the entire league last season. I fail to see how the Warriors beat a bunch of stacked teams in that conference last year.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I forgot that Kawhi only played a portion of the first game of that conference finals. So basically the toughest challenge the Warriors had was a 51-win Jazz team. I'm not saying that going 12-0 isn't impressive in any sport in the playoffs, but don't try to sell me on this stacked conference that Durant fearlessly led the Warriors through. Their path was Downy soft.

tredigs
01-23-2018, 10:04 PM

I'll leave with, if you watch all the games and you can't see the Warriors are clearly the best team in the league, you might as well stop watching because it's not doing you any good.

Lmao. Good job absorbing nothing Valade.

TylerSL
01-23-2018, 11:55 PM
These guys have to meet in the playoffs now. I want a old school tough series. Like when PJ Brown tossed Charlie Ward.

You won't get that from any series with the Warriors in it.

TylerSL
01-23-2018, 11:55 PM
Durant led the Warriors through a stacked western conference, what is this "waltzed" in I keep hearing from you?

lol, please.

goingfor28
01-23-2018, 11:59 PM

I'll leave with, if you watch all the games and you can't see the Warriors are clearly the best team in the league, you might as well stop watching because it's not doing you any good.Not that hard to be the best when you add an MVP to a 73 win team.

goingfor28
01-24-2018, 12:01 AM

Sent from my Note 8 using TapatalkLmaooooo stacked. GSW had an easier path than Cleveland did getting to the finals

lol, please
01-24-2018, 12:50 AM
Lmaooooo stacked. GSW had an easier path than Cleveland did getting to the finals

Stacked? The Warriors had to beat a .500 Portland team without its starting center and a 51-win Jazz team who probably didn't have a top 20 player in the entire league last season. I fail to see how the Warriors beat a bunch of stacked teams in that conference last year.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I forgot that Kawhi only played a portion of the first game of that conference finals. So basically the toughest challenge the Warriors had was a 51-win Jazz team. I'm not saying that going 12-0 isn't impressive in any sport in the playoffs, but don't try to sell me on this stacked conference that Durant fearlessly led the Warriors through. Their path was Downy soft.

What?

Spurs: 61-21 record 7.13 SRS
Rockets: 55-27 record 5.84 SRS
LOLClippers: 51-31 record 4.42 SRS
Jazz: 51-41 record 4.00 SRS

ALL those are better teams than any in the eastern conference last season. The western conference is stacked. Has been. Will be.

LMAO. The denial on PSD is rich. Convenient narratives only go as far as the facts will allow them to. The truth is Durant fearlessly led the Warriors through one of the toughest conferences in years and played elite ball throughout the playoffs and into the finals and solidified his greatness in doing so.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 01:02 AM
What?

ALL those are better teams than any in the eastern conference last season. The western conference is stacked. Has been. Will be.

LMAO. The denial on PSD is rich. Convenient narratives only go as far as the facts will allow them to. The truth is Durant fearlessly led the Warriors through one of the toughest conferences in years and played elite ball throughout the playoffs and into the finals and solidified his greatness in doing so.

Lol, I'm surprised you actually took the time to construct a post that actually made sense but once again, will be debunked.

1) You and I both know that Spurs series was a total joke. The fact that Pau Gasol was the 2nd best player on the Spurs and you brag about it proves you really can't find a team that they beat worth mentioning.

2) Rockets are choke artists. Even now, people aren't giving them respect because they don't trust them.

3) Clippers? They never faced a 51-31 Clippers.. wtf are you talking about?

4) Go check the Jazz series... George Hill couldn't play and not that it would have made a difference but what makes you think that Jazz team was great?

You are the one in denial.. It's true - Warriors have had an insanely easy path to the Finals through luck. I mean, the only healthy top team they faced was the Thunder in which there were NO excuses for either team. And you saw what happened, right?

I mean, you guys played the Memphis Grizzlies and Allen+Conley were injured. You played the Trailblazers without Nurkic being available.. You guys have consistently played teams dealing with injuries. Warriors path was slightly more difficult but not worth debating. Plus, considering the amount of talent on the team, there is no argument: You guys had just as much of a cakewalk as the Cavs did.

But of course, you know nothing but at least you took your time to actually make a post worth debating other than the A+ Agreed nonsense acting like you're a teacher grading some child's homework.

Back to the topic, KD is laughable. He makes fun of Capela's role being easy when the guy goes to the Warriors to make it possibly the easiest championship run in NBA history. What an absolute idiot and clown. The guy should shut his mouth. No matter how many rings KD wins, true NBA fans will forever look back at how he continuously makes a fool out of himself. Fake twitter accounts, attacks former players verbally, fake tough guy, mocks other players because he has a ring now. What a total embarrassment for someone with that much talent.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 01:05 AM
I want someone here to list me the top teams the Warriors played in the Playoffs WITH ALL INJURIES being accounted for. You'll find that outside the OKC Thunder, the list isn't impressive. And when you consider that they hold an astronomical advantage in terms of talent compared to any other team, why are we even debating their path to a championship? Kevin Durant tries to boost his own ego but he doesn't realize it's actually hurting it. Saying Capela has an easy role is a total discredit to NBA players. Not everyone can do what Capela is doing or else they would be. The fact is, Capela is as important for the Rockets as the Rockets is to him. Just like how Draymond would be less important playing on a team that forces him to do MUCH more than he is accustomed to.

Chronz
01-24-2018, 01:21 AM
lol, boy does the internet change people, huh..
That was booz, sorry

nastynice
01-24-2018, 01:48 AM
What an absolute idiot and clown. The guy should shut his mouth. No matter how many rings KD wins, true NBA fans will forever look back at how he continuously makes a fool out of himself. .

Or maybe they'll look back at a dynasty and maybe one of the best teams ever :cool:

nastynice
01-24-2018, 01:48 AM
That was booz, sorry

no harm no foul

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 09:00 AM
What?

You missed my point entirely. Don't be dense. The Warriors didn't play Houston or LA in the playoffs. And they faced a Utah team without Hill and a Spurs team without Kawhi for nearly the entire series.

The West basically rolled out the red carpet for them to get to the Finals. Probably the easiest path I've seen in that conference in over a decade.

Jamiecballer
01-24-2018, 11:54 AM
Not that hard to be the best when you add an MVP to a 73 win team.

I'm so tired of this myth or narrative or whatever you want to call it. There is no 73 win team that added Durant. Or historically good team that added Durant. Both statements are trumped up and reflect the angst of the rest of the basketball community over the move more than they accurately describe it.

I pretend to be no Golden State Warriors expert but from simply looking at their basketball reference team pages I can see that the following players appear for 2015-16, the year they won 73 games, and do not appear for 2016-17.

Leandro Barbosa
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Bogut
Festus Ezeli
Brandon Rush
Marreese Speights
Jason Thompson
Anderson Varajao

Are we to pretend like none of these guys deserve any credit for their contribution to a record setting number of wins? Is there anyone here who did not consider them a great TEAM in every sense of the word during that season? Bottom line, there is risk in every transaction or change and Golden State made many and while i agree there isn't a GM in the NBA who would not take that risk to acquire Kevin Durant that doesn't mean we can just discard half the team and still call it the same team.

this is more akin to Durant joining the Spurs or something. which would still suck for everyone else lol

Cal827
01-24-2018, 12:47 PM
I just honestly don't understand the "simple path to the finals because they didn't play X" argument. Unless a series is completely rigged, I always believe that the better team advances in a 7 game series. 7 Games basically ensures the better team advances, rather than in the NFL, where bad luck can send a team home (Not that it's not awesome though :laugh2: )

To me, saying that Golden State had an easy path to the finals because they didn't play the Clippers and Rockets weren't able to win their series before the potential match-up doesn't make sense.... saying something about Kawhi's injury is a bit different though cause we saw that the Spurs could probably beat the Warriors (at least in a game or two) if he was around :laugh2:

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 12:59 PM
I just honestly don't understand the "simple path to the finals because they didn't play X" argument. Unless a series is completely rigged, I always believe that the better team advances in a 7 game series. 7 Games basically ensures the better team advances, rather than in the NFL, where bad luck can send a team home (Not that it's not awesome though :laugh2: )

To me, saying that Golden State had an easy path to the finals because they didn't play the Clippers and Rockets weren't able to win their series before the potential match-up doesn't make sense.... saying something about Kawhi's injury is a bit different though cause we saw that the Spurs could probably beat the Warriors (at least in a game or two) if he was around :laugh2:

I understand your argument, and personally I wouldn't have brought it up if lol wasn't making it sound like the Warriors faced some epic competition in the Western Conference last season. You can only play the teams that are on the schedule, and it's not your fault if the teams you're facing don't put up a greater fight.

My point in this is simply that, while the 12-0 mark in the Western Conference playoffs was impressive, none of those teams were remotely close being on Golden State's level. For that matter, if you had put any of those teams in the East (and, yes, I'm talking about the Spurs without Kawhi here), none of them would have won many games against Boston or Cleveland last season. Every single one of them was missing a key starter, and in the case of Utah or Portland, neither team was especially scary even if they had been 100 percent healthy.

valade16
01-24-2018, 01:14 PM

As has been said, not only did they not face a stacked Western Conference in the playoffs (Blazers without Nurkic, Jazz without Hill and Spurs without Kawhi), they had the easiest path to the finals in recent memory out of the West.

valade16
01-24-2018, 01:17 PM
Lmao. Good job absorbing nothing Valade.

I have absorbed nothing from this conversation because you have said nothing of value. You have not made a single factual point. You have pouted because people think GS is too good to give them enough credit and not good enough to think they're the best ever.

As I said, trying to argue out of both sides of your mouth.

What's even more sad, is your so angry yet you know I'm right which is why you still haven't given a single example of a top level player who had an easier time than KD winning a chip.

You can throw all the internet tantrums you want and call me stupid and uninformed all you want, but everyone here knows the truth (including you). You're just mad it is the truth.

lol, please
01-24-2018, 01:23 PM
I'm so tired of this myth or narrative or whatever you want to call it. There is no 73 win team that added Durant. Or historically good team that added Durant. Both statements are trumped up and reflect the angst of the rest of the basketball community over the move more than they accurately describe it.

I pretend to be no Golden State Warriors expert but from simply looking at their basketball reference team pages I can see that the following players appear for 2015-16, the year they won 73 games, and do not appear for 2016-17.

Leandro Barbosa
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Bogut
Festus Ezeli
Brandon Rush
Marreese Speights
Jason Thompson
Anderson Varajao

Are we to pretend like none of these guys deserve any credit for their contribution to a record setting number of wins? Is there anyone here who did not consider them a great TEAM in every sense of the word during that season? Bottom line, there is risk in every transaction or change and Golden State made many and while i agree there isn't a GM in the NBA who would not take that risk to acquire Kevin Durant that doesn't mean we can just discard half the team and still call it the same team.

this is more akin to Durant joining the Spurs or something. which would still suck for everyone else lolYea, no.

Role players contribute on any team. The roster doesn't have to remain completely intact for the statement " he joined a 73 win team" to be true.

The core has been the same since the Warriors broke into the playoffs for the most part, certainly after the Iggy saga.

Curry
Klay
Green
Iggy
Livingston
Zaza

Were all on that 73 win team, and that's largely the core of the team that's been around for both titles.

Dynasties wouldn't be a thing if Joe Shmoe who plays 2 mins a game has to be on every title winning and contending squad to count.

My Giants aren't a "new team" because we added Longoria and McCutchen. They are joining the same dynasty Posey, MadBum, Belt, B-Craw, and Panik all helped build and maintain. A team may evolve with new talent but keep the same identity established by it's core and star players. Spurs are another example, recently called a dynasty on TNT, and I'd say with the core of Parker, Pop, Manu, Kawhi, Duncan who really just left, id say that's appropriate.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 01:36 PM
Yea, no.

Role players contribute on any team. The roster doesn't have to remain completely intact for the statement " he joined a 73 win team" to be true.

The core has been the same since the Warriors broke into the playoffs for the most part, certainly after the Iggy saga.

Curry
Klay
Green
Iggy
Livingston
Zaza

Were all on that 73 win team, and that's largely the core of the team that's been around for both titles.

Dynasties wouldn't be a thing if Joe Shmoe who plays 2 mins a game has to be on every title winning and contending squad to count.

My Giants aren't a "new team" because we added Longoria and McCutchen. They are joining the same dynasty Posey, MadBum, Belt, B-Craw, and Panik all helped build and maintain. A team may evolve with new talent but keep the same identity established by it's core and star players. Spurs are another example, recently called a dynasty on TNT, and I'd say with the core of Parker, Pop, Manu, Kawhi, Duncan who really just left, id say that's appropriate.

...So let met get this straight. You're actually arguing FOR the people who rip on Durant for joining a 73-win basketball team? You realize that's kind of what you're doing here, right?

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 01:47 PM

Leandro Barbosa
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Bogut
Festus Ezeli
Brandon Rush
Marreese Speights
Jason Thompson
Anderson Varajao

this is more akin to Durant joining the Spurs or something. which would still suck for everyone else lol

1) Those are all role players. Easily replaceable when you have a team like the Warriors and the right circumstances of certain players who are looking to win.

2) Are we going to pretend that the 2016-2017 Warriors weren't a better team?

3) There was no risk. Warriors had money and they were going to get someone. If not KD, there would have been someone interested who would have been a contributor.

4) Bruh, you really gonna add Anderson Varejao there? That's reaching. Did the team take an overall downgrade if we exclude KD? Slightly. But I don't see a scenario where it is worth mentioning.

Chronz
01-24-2018, 01:49 PM

Leandro Barbosa
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Bogut
Festus Ezeli
Brandon Rush
Marreese Speights
Jason Thompson
Anderson Varajao

Lol you want people to focus on peripheral players when it can be argued that they have far and away improved upon those guys. David west, zaza and now their rookie center aren't exactly bums. Swaggy has his moments too. Not to mention adding a super star like kd should more than offset that given the dominant starters and incumbent depth

Chronz
01-24-2018, 01:52 PM
1) Those are all role players. Easily replaceable when you have a team like the Warriors and the right circumstances of certain players who are looking to win.

3) There was no risk. Warriors had money and they were going to get someone. If not KD, there would have been someone interested who would have been a contributor.

4) Bruh, you really gonna add Anderson Varejao there? That's reaching. Did the team take an overall downgrade if we exclude KD? Slightly. But I don't see a scenario where it is worth mentioning.
West was an upgrade on mo buckets imo. Zaza filled in for a declining bogut that's for sure. They had youngsters with another year on their belt too.

lol, please
01-24-2018, 02:11 PM
...So let met get this straight. You're actually arguing FOR the people who rip on Durant for joining a 73-win basketball team? You realize that's kind of what you're doing here, right?I've never played down the greatness of the team he joined. I only defend his logic and reasoning, and I have a problem with people who don't accept that LeBron did in going to Miami was much worse objectively speaking.

My point here was that I disagree with his idea that a few new role players, even all new role players means we aren't talking about the same team.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 02:25 PM
I've never played down the greatness of the team he joined. I only defend his logic and reasoning, and I have a problem with people who don't accept that LeBron did in going to Miami was much worse objectively speaking.

My point here was that I disagree with his idea that a few new role players, even all new role players means we aren't talking about the same team.

How is it remotely worse? He teamed up to create a team that had zero prior chemistry together to form a super team that we had no real clue how good it would be. And he did it after years of the Cavs front office failing him every offseason and never providing a single quality No. 2 option. Then he came back and brought the city its first NBA championship in the history of the franchise.

Durant left a team that was already damn talented and had another MVP level player for a team he lost to the previous season (due in large part to his own performance). And that team happened to have broken the record for most wins in an NBA season. In what way is what Lebron did worse than that? Objectively, I have no clue how you could argue that what Lebron did was worse. You could certainly argue it's in the same ballpark, but worse? Literally nobody outside the biggest of Golden State homers or Lebron haters would attempt to argue that point.

Personally, though, I don't really loathe Durant for what he did. As a person, you have to do what's best for you, your life, your family and your career. If he felt like Golden State was the best place for him, I'm not going to hate the guy for making that decision. I do, however, hate the monopoly of talent it created in the NBA, and his attitude and personality just tend to rub me the wrong way, which has driven me to dislike the guy over the years.

I'll also note here that I was a HUGE Durant fan coming into the league. He was at UT when I went there, and I freaking worshipped the guy. I saw him on campus one time and nearly had a heart attack. But through his rivalry with the Rockets and just some things he's said and done publicly over the years, that love has grown to an immense dislike.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 02:29 PM
How is it remotely worse? He teamed up to create a team that had zero prior chemistry together to form a super team that we had no real clue how good it would be. And he did it after years of the Cavs front office failing him every offseason and never providing a single quality No. 2 option. Then he came back and brought the city its first NBA championship in the history of the franchise.

Durant left a team that was already damn talented and had another MVP level player for a team he lost to the previous season (due in large part to his own performance). And that team happened to have broken the record for most wins in an NBA season. In what way is what Lebron did worse than that? Objectively, I have no clue how you could argue that what Lebron did was worse. You could certainly argue it's in the same ballpark, but worse? Literally nobody outside the biggest of Golden State homers or Lebron haters would attempt to argue that point.

Personally, though, I don't really loathe Durant for what he did. As a person, you have to do what's best for you, your life, your family and your career. If he felt like Golden State was the best place for him, I'm not going to hate the guy for making that decision. I do, however, hate the monopoly of talent it created in the NBA, and his attitude and personality just tend to rub me the wrong way, which has driven me to dislike the guy over the years.

I'll also note here that I was a HUGE Durant fan coming into the league. He was at UT when I went there, and I freaking worshipped the guy. I saw him on campus one time and nearly had a heart attack. But through his rivalry with the Rockets and just some things he's said and done publicly over the years, that love has grown to an immense dislike.

It's 2018. If you're still arguing with someone who thought LeBron's decision was worse in terms of stacking the deck, I don't know why you even bother. At this point, it's safe to say they are either A) A troll B) LeBron Hater C) Golden State Warriors fan D) All of the above. I mean has anyone who ISN'T a Warriors fan defended KD at all? No one liked it. I knew KD would probably leave just as much as he would stay but I never in a million years thought that the Warriors would be an option for him just because it has to take a real kind of uncompetitive mentality for a player of his caliber to even consider it. KD ruined his reputation and continues to do so. I can't look at this guy and say he can be a top 10 GOAT when he makes fake Twitter accounts to defend himself and then trash talks a player for having an "easy" job when he went to the Warriors to have the easiest road to an NBA championship.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 02:35 PM
It's 2018. If you're still arguing with someone who thought LeBron's decision was worse in terms of stacking the deck, I don't know why you even bother. At this point, it's safe to say they are either A) A troll B) LeBron Hater C) Golden State Warriors fan D) All of the above. I mean has anyone who ISN'T a Warriors fan defended KD at all? No one liked it. I knew KD would probably leave just as much as he would stay but I never in a million years thought that the Warriors would be an option for him just because it has to take a real kind of uncompetitive mentality for a player of his caliber to even consider it. KD ruined his reputation and continues to do so. I can't look at this guy and say he can be a top 10 GOAT when he makes fake Twitter accounts to defend himself and then trash talks a player for having an "easy" job when he went to the Warriors to have the easiest road to an NBA championship.

Yeah. Completely agree with all of this. And that's not the first time he's diminished the value of a Rockets center as a means of trash talk. I remember a few years ago when Asik was still here, he was asked about him in a postgame interview or press conference. He acted like he didn't know who Asik was, and if I remember correctly, I think he deliberately mispronounced his name. That was literally the moment I recall switching from liking the guy to disliking him.

I just think that's crappy. If you want to talk trash, that's fine. But don't talk down to other athletes who have worked hard to get to where they are. Guys like Capela and Asik work damn hard to be at the level they're at, and to diminish that kind of spits in the face of everything professional sports are supposed to be about.

Chronz
01-24-2018, 02:39 PM

Don't focus on that part of the argument. It's entirely subjective despite his protests, just be glad he acknowledges the talent disparity. Coming from a gs fan its a win bro

nastynice
01-24-2018, 03:29 PM
A) A troll B) LeBron Hater C) Golden State Warriors fan D) All of the above. I .

Or E), laugh at the irony of people defending LeBron for failing at attempting to do what kd and Golden state may very well have succeeded at doing. Potential goat dynasty

Jamiecballer
01-24-2018, 03:41 PM
Yea, no.

Curry
Klay
Green
Iggy
Livingston
Zaza

Sent from my Note 8 using TapatalkI have a hard time believing you really believe this. By this logic, and I am using term verryyy loosely, we could predict the standings before the season started just by ranking the teams based on the ability level of its best 3 or 4 players.

In fact, any off-season acquisitions that didn't involve a superstar would generate no discussion, anywhere because we would all know it couldn't impact how the upcoming season played out anyway.

And I know flashbolt won't respond to this because we all know for the first 30 games of this season what was wrong with the thunder was the role players, if you recall.

This isn't theory guys, it's a fact. And you will know I'm right because the opposition to this will correlate to the level of saltiness of certain individuals

lol, please
01-24-2018, 03:45 PM

I'll also note here that I was a HUGE Durant fan coming into the league. He was at UT when I went there, and I freaking worshipped the guy. I saw him on campus one time and nearly had a heart attack. But through his rivalry with the Rockets and just some things he's said and done publicly over the years, that love has grown to an immense dislike.I've explained this many times and I can do so no simpler than this, for the last time too:

He promised Cleveland a title and left, breaking his promise, and went to build a super team in Miami.

As a man, a man's word to me is everything.

**** like him going back later to build another super team where he just happened to win one, more due to the opponent losing it than him winning it DOESNT MATTER here.

That heat team not being as good as this warriors team DOESNT MATTER here.

He broke his word.

He broke his word.

He broke his word.

That's THE decisive fact that that matters to me, none of that other noise is relevant.

I judge a man by their intangibles over all else and nothing he can do after the fact will erase my opinion that he's a gutless, leaderless, coward who's word isn't worth the **** on my shoes.

Hopefully I don't need to explain myself on that again.

lol, please
01-24-2018, 03:47 PM
I have a hard time believing you really believe this. By this logic, and I am using term verryyy loosely, we could predict the standings before the season started just by ranking the teams based on the ability level of its best 3 or 4 players.

In fact, any off-season acquisitions that didn't involve a superstar would generate no discussion, anywhere because we would all know it couldn't impact how the upcoming season played out anyway.

And I know flashbolt won't respond to this because we all know for the first 30 games of this season what was wrong with the thunder was the role players, if you recall.

This isn't theory guys, it's a fact. And you will know I'm right because the opposition to this will correlate to the level of saltiness of certain individuals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using TapatalkI fail to see the connection between what i said in the post you quoted, and what ever it is you're trying to express here.

Role players, players of any caliber, can and do have an impact on the game. And water is wet.

Jamiecballer
01-24-2018, 03:53 PM

4) Bruh, you really gonna add Anderson Varejao there? That's reaching. Did the team take an overall downgrade if we exclude KD? Slightly. But I don't see a scenario where it is worth mentioning.You've missed the point, and badly, if you can't recognize that I listed everyone and assigned no judgements or value to particular individuals.

I don't like what Durant decided to do, and I don't like the warriors even. But it is factually wrong to say he joined a 73 win team. They had to make subtractions to make it work. Joining a 73 win team would be adding someone with the rest of the roster intact.

And of course the 16-17 warriors are better, I agree and haven't said otherwise.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Or E), laugh at the irony of people defending LeBron for failing at attempting to do what kd and Golden state may very well have succeeded at doing. Potential goat dynasty

If LeBron attempted to do what KD was doing, he could have gotten his way into the Warriors. You do realize that if LeBron came calling to the Warriors, they would get down on their knees, right? You do realize that the only reason they didn't go after LeBron is because they knew LeBron would never consider it, right? So your E) is hilarious because no one has denied that the Warriors aren't a potential GOAT dynasty right now. The fact you're trying to say we are defending LeBron for failing to do what KD did is pure fiction. LeBron, if he wanted, would be on any team he wanted. There is not a single NBA team right now that wouldn't trade for LeBron if he asked to be. And that my friend, is the truth. Did he have to go to Cleveland? Nope. There were many more teams better than the Cleveland. Yet, he went to Cleveland. There was not a single team other than the Cavs better than the Warriors (debatable). And yet, KD goes to the Warriors. Don't talk about "failing to do what KD did" when all KD did was join a team that was already a dynasty before he came along.

valade16
01-24-2018, 04:01 PM

But GS could have done that without Durant. Which is the whole point. They won a title pre-Durant, they broke the record for most wins pre-Durant.

We had a thread on PSD asking if they were better than MJ's Bulls pre-Durant.

They were the potential GOAT dynasty before Durant even got there. That is the whole point.

valade16
01-24-2018, 04:06 PM
You've missed the point, and badly, if you can't recognize that I listed everyone and assigned no judgements or value to particular individuals.

I don't like what Durant decided to do, and I don't like the warriors even. But it is factually wrong to say he joined a 73 win team. They had to make subtractions to make it work. Joining a 73 win team would be adding someone with the rest of the roster intact.

And of course the 16-17 warriors are better, I agree and haven't said otherwise.

Would the wording "he joined the core of a 73 win team" work better? Or "he joined the franchise that had won 73 games the season prior"?

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 04:10 PM
But GS could have done that without Durant. Which is the whole point. They won a title pre-Durant, they broke the record for most wins pre-Durant.

We had a thread on PSD asking if they were better than MJ's Bulls pre-Durant.

They were the potential GOAT dynasty before Durant even got there. That is the whole point.

The fact a thread was made actually questioning if this Warriors team was better than the GOAT team is enough evidence there was a dynasty before KD joined it

The fact a thread about "Curry vs Jordan" was being made is enough evidence Curry is realllllly good at basketball.

The fact there never being a thread of "KD vs Jordan" being made is enough evidence that KD was never looked at as a player who just had it in him.

And the fact that Warriors fans seriously try to degenerate their team pre-KD so they can applaud KD for his efforts is nothing short of comedy.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 04:23 PM
I've explained this many times and I can do so no simpler than this, for the last time too:

He promised Cleveland a title and left, breaking his promise, and went to build a super team in Miami.

**** like him going back later to build another super team where he just happened to win one, more due to the opponent losing it than him winning it DOESNT MATTER here.

He broke his word.

He broke his word.

He broke his word.
Hold on... Let me try to understand the logic here. So Lebron promises Cleveland a title, but because he left and came back to win it, and because you deem (as apparently the czar of all NBA logic and ethics) his title irrelevant because of the Warriors collapse, that title doesn't count?

The level of mental gymnastics you're having to do here to justify your point is.... just truly awe-inspiringly insane. Sometimes we, as fans, dislike other athletes so much and love our own teams so much that it clouds our logic. As much as I try not to, I'm absolutely guilty of it, and I have to admit that from time to time and take a step back and ask myself: "Is my support or hate in this case fair? Or do I am I supporting this athlete or hating this athlete because of my own biases?" You, my friend, are in desperate need of that internal conversation.

That's THE decisive fact that that matters to me, none of that other noise is relevant.

I judge a man by their intangibles over all else and nothing he can do after the fact will erase my opinion that he's a gutless, leaderless, coward who's word isn't worth the **** on my shoes.

I can go home tonight and promise my wife that I'm going to make $1 million a year next year and we're going to retire in our 30s and move to Europe. Some things you can promise, but they're completely out of your control. Lebron can promise Cleveland a title, but one player does not make a championship basketball team. As good as the man is, he cannot win a ring by himself, and as a fan of the Cavs (which you're clearly not, which is why this take is especially ridiculous), you'd be a complete idiot to trust that promise.

But the crazy thing here is that you're contradicting your own logic. Your entire basis for your argument is based on a single promise he couldn't possible guarantee in the first place, but then somehow did anyway. But apparently that's not good enough for you.

If I move jobs next year and make less money, but then somehow (by some miracle) come back in four years, make $1 million a year and we still retire and move to Europe before we turn 40, have I not still fulfilled that promise? Seriously, your logic is born solely out of hatred for a player solely because you don't like him and he beat your team. And I can understand where you're coming from with that, but to let it cloud your own judgment to the point where you look like an insane person any time you talk about an athlete... you seriously need to take a step back and rethink things, chief.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 04:30 PM
Hold on... Let me try to understand the logic here. So Lebron promises Cleveland a title, but because he left and came back to win it, and because you deem (as apparently the czar of all NBA logic and ethics) his title irrelevant because of the Warriors collapse, that title doesn't count?

The level of mental gymnastics you're having to do here to justify your point is.... just truly awe-inspiringly insane. Sometimes we, as fans, dislike other athletes so much and love our own teams so much that it clouds our logic. As much as I try not to, I'm absolutely guilty of it, and I have to admit that from time to time and take a step back and ask myself: "Is my support or hate in this case fair? Or do I am I supporting this athlete or hating this athlete because of my own biases?" You, my friend, are in desperate need of that internal conversation.

I can go home tonight and promise my wife that I'm going to make $1 million a year next year and we're going to retire in our 30s and move to Europe. Some things you can promise, but they're completely out of your control. Lebron can promise Cleveland a title, but one player does not make a championship basketball team. As good as the man is, he cannot win a ring by himself, and as a fan of the Cavs (which you're clearly not, which is why this take is especially ridiculous), you'd be a complete idiot to trust that promise.

But the crazy thing here is that you're contradicting your own logic. Your entire basis for your argument is based on a single promise he couldn't possible guarantee in the first place, but then somehow did anyway. But apparently that's not good enough for you.

If I move jobs next year and make less money, but then somehow (by some miracle) come back in four years, make $1 million a year and we still retire and move to Europe before we turn 40, have I not still fulfilled that promise? Seriously, your logic is born solely out of hatred for a player solely because you don't like him and he beat your team. And I can understand where you're coming from with that, but to let it cloud your own judgment to the point where you look like an insane person any time you talk about an athlete... you seriously need to take a step back and rethink things, chief.

Lol, please. Do you really think this guy is an idiot? You would truly have to be mentally damaged beyond repair to actually follow his line of thinking. There is no plausible scenario in which someone who is successful thinks the way he does because that's such a poor logic of reasoning that I can't see how you make it deep into the trenches. I would have to assume he is trolling and doing a masterful job at it seeing as he's able to make his quacky comments and still not be banned while ALSO drawing the attention from numerous users. It's funny that when LeBron wins the title, it's because the Warriors lost it. Like, how much better would LeBron have had to play to not deserve that title? Drop 60/20/10? He averaged a near triple double while leading the entire series in points, rebounds, steals, assists, and blocks. But yeah, LeBron didn't deserve it. Warriors just lost it. Lol. Oh boy, what a troll.

kdspurman
01-24-2018, 04:33 PM
I've explained this many times and I can do so no simpler than this, for the last time too:

He broke his word.

He broke his word.

He broke his word.

Not that I care either way, I'm not one who cares much about what Durant did and thinks he ruined the league. But I did want to point this quote out from Durant after the 2014 WCF in regards to the bolded.

"People donít see how we feel when we go home after games, emotionally, physically. But we do it for them, and Iíll lay my body on the line for these fans here and my teammates and this whole organization to win a championship. Thatís my goal. Iím going to keep fighting until I get it.Ē

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/kevin-durant-remains-hungry-for-nba-title-in-wake-of-latest-loss-says-thunders-window-still-open/2014/06/01/0214c68a-e9dd-11e3-b98c-72cef4a00499_story.html?utm_term=.ab18af1d9228

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Not that I care either way, I'm not one who cares much about what Durant did and thinks he ruined the league. But I did want to point this quote out from Durant after the 2014 WCF in regards to the bolded.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/kevin-durant-remains-hungry-for-nba-title-in-wake-of-latest-loss-says-thunders-window-still-open/2014/06/01/0214c68a-e9dd-11e3-b98c-72cef4a00499_story.html?utm_term=.ab18af1d9228

Don't forget this one.

https://twitter.com/kdtrey5/status/18688294600?lang=en

He's the biggest hypocrite in the NBA right now. And biggest baby as well.

Jamiecballer
01-24-2018, 04:36 PM
Lol you want people to focus on peripheral players when it can be argued that they have far and away improved upon those guys. David west, zaza and now their rookie center aren't exactly bums. Swaggy has his moments too. Not to mention adding a super star like kd should more than offset that given the dominant starters and incumbent depthI agree with all of that Chronz! What do you think though about the actual point though. Or will your saltiness not allow you to concede anything. After all, you've got Lou Williams, a guy who was the same in Toronto yet because of fit we couldn't wait to get rid of him yet he's keeping you guys afloat is he not? It's all about fit and need from roster spots 5-12.

kdspurman
01-24-2018, 04:38 PM
Don't forget this one.

Oh yea. Definitely ironic looking back at that tweet lol

Jamiecballer
01-24-2018, 04:38 PM
I've never played down the greatness of the team he joined. I only defend his logic and reasoning, and I have a problem with people who don't accept that LeBron did in going to Miami was much worse objectively speaking.

Sent from my Note 8 using TapatalkThat is interesting since there was a period of time when you were saying the same thing. I remember thinking damn that LOL guy talks a lot of nonsense but he's making sense here for once

nastynice
01-24-2018, 04:40 PM
If LeBron attempted to do what KD was doing, he could have gotten his way into the Warriors. You do realize that if LeBron came calling to the Warriors, they would get down on their knees, right? You do realize that the only reason they didn't go after LeBron is because they knew LeBron would never consider it, right? So your E) is hilarious because no one has denied that the Warriors aren't a potential GOAT dynasty right now. The fact you're trying to say we are defending LeBron for failing to do what KD did is pure fiction. LeBron, if he wanted, would be on any team he wanted. There is not a single NBA team right now that wouldn't trade for LeBron if he asked to be. And that my friend, is the truth. Did he have to go to Cleveland? Nope. There were many more teams better than the Cleveland. Yet, he went to Cleveland. There was not a single team other than the Cavs better than the Warriors (debatable). And yet, KD goes to the Warriors. Don't talk about "failing to do what KD did" when all KD did was join a team that was already a dynasty before he came along.

LeBron didn't think joining the third best and arguable top 10 player was going to make a potential goat dynasty? If not then what was the whole celebration about afterward?

I never said LeBron joined the warriors, I said LeBron failed at what the warriors have now potentially achieved. So it's funny that one move is defended while in the same breath the other is trashed on. Again, not because they are the same, I'm not claiming that, but because the intent of each player was the same. They both made a move in which they thought they would stack the deck in their favor to the point of being an all time team.

I don't think the warriors take LeBron. He wouldn't make us better, he would change our style of play too much. And we're too good at it to try and switch it up now

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 04:42 PM

But he won't accept this as a legitimate "promise" because it doesn't follow his own broken narrative and ridiculous belief system. Based on lol's insane logic, you have to do the following:
1. Literally say the words "I promise to do XXXXXXX."
2. You have to constantly be trying to fulfill that promise, and the second you stop trying to fulfill it, you are an inhuman monster who is unworthy of love or respect.
3. If you come back later and miraculously still fulfill that promise, it is completely irrelevant because you left in the middle of trying to fulfill the promise. Also, because you are still essentially a soulless cave troll who deserves to be spit on and beaten with sticks.
4. No other heinous acts could ever come remotely close to breaking a promise, regardless of how similar they may be in nature. Breaking a promise and then fulfilling it later is the equivalent of murdering his family in cold blood. It is unforgivable. But as long as you never say the words "I promise," you're OK. "I promise" is a binding contract to a person's humanity that can only be fairly broken upon delivery of said promise or death.

nastynice
01-24-2018, 04:44 PM
Don't forget this one.

Oh, he def going at LeBron tho! lol

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 04:54 PM
LeBron didn't think joining the third best and arguable top 10 player was going to make a potential goat dynasty? If not then what was the whole celebration about afterward?

I never said LeBron joined the warriors, I said LeBron failed at what the warriors have now potentially achieved. So it's funny that one move is defended while in the same breath the other is trashed on. Again, not because they are the same, I'm not claiming that, but because the intent of each player was the same. They both made a move in which they thought they would stack the deck in their favor to the point of being an all time team.

I don't think the warriors take LeBron. He wouldn't make us better, he would change our style of play too much. And we're too good at it to try and switch it up now

1) Potential GOAT dynasty compared to an already created dynasty is entirely two different arguments. It's like if Miami were already a dynasty and LeBron joined after that Miami team beat him. Do you think LeBron would have gotten more hate than the current status of what actually occurred? In what scenario did Miami dominate the league the year before LeBron joined? In what scenario did they even come close to winning a championship a few years prior?

2) I never said you said what you think I am saying you said. I am saying, if LeBron wanted to put an end to the greatest dynasty debate, why didn't he call up the Warriors after winning in 2016? He resigned with the Cleveland Cavailers but we all knew that he could have gone to the Warriors if he wanted. Why didn't he? Because he has more respect for himself as a competitor than KD does. That's the answer. LeBron could have gone to the Warriors and established them easily as the GOAT team, no debate. But he stuck around the Cleveland Cavailers because not everyone wants to take the easy way out. And Warriors would have 100% gone after LeBron over KD because the only competition the Warriors even have right now is the prayer that LeBron becomes Godly again in the playoffs. If LeBron was on the Warriors, who would even bother competing against them?

nastynice
01-24-2018, 05:28 PM
1) Potential GOAT dynasty compared to an already created dynasty is entirely two different arguments. It's like if Miami were already a dynasty and LeBron joined after that Miami team beat him. Do you think LeBron would have gotten more hate than the current status of what actually occurred? In what scenario did Miami dominate the league the year before LeBron joined? In what scenario did they even come close to winning a championship a few years prior?

2) I never said you said what you think I am saying you said. I am saying, if LeBron wanted to put an end to the greatest dynasty debate, why didn't he call up the Warriors after winning in 2016? He resigned with the Cleveland Cavailers but we all knew that he could have gone to the Warriors if he wanted. Why didn't he? Because he has more respect for himself as a competitor than KD does. That's the answer. LeBron could have gone to the Warriors and established them easily as the GOAT team, no debate. But he stuck around the Cleveland Cavailers because not everyone wants to take the easy way out. And Warriors would have 100% gone after LeBron over KD because the only competition the Warriors even have right now is the prayer that LeBron becomes Godly again in the playoffs. If LeBron was on the Warriors, who would even bother competing against them?

1)yes, joining an already established team vs creating a new team are different things, what difference does this make? Why do you keep bringing it up as tho it somehow changes what I'm saying? Again, what I said was both made a move in which they thought they stacked the deck to the point of a goat dynasty. And again, regardless of these differences you keep bringing up, it's still ironic because nothing you're bringing up changes what I'm saying

2) LeBron on the 2016 warriors is a worse team than kd on the 2016 warriors. So no, given that we had kd wanting to join, no LeBron wouldn't be on our squad.

You understand that there was a lot of debate before signing Durant regarding if we would mess up the chemistry and flow we have as a team. We ultimately still got him because he fits in our system. Is there anything about lebrons game that makes you think he would fit our system?

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 05:52 PM
But he won't accept this as a legitimate "promise" because it doesn't follow his own broken narrative and ridiculous belief system. Based on lol's insane logic, you have to do the following:
1. Literally say the words "I promise to do XXXXXXX."
2. You have to constantly be trying to fulfill that promise, and the second you stop trying to fulfill it, you are an inhuman monster who is unworthy of love or respect.
3. If you come back later and miraculously still fulfill that promise, it is completely irrelevant because you left in the middle of trying to fulfill the promise. Also, because you are still essentially a soulless cave troll who deserves to be spit on and beaten with sticks.
4. No other heinous acts could ever come remotely close to breaking a promise, regardless of how similar they may be in nature. Breaking a promise and then fulfilling it later is the equivalent of murdering his family in cold blood. It is unforgivable. But as long as you never say the words "I promise," you're OK. "I promise" is a binding contract to a person's humanity that can only be fairly broken upon delivery of said promise or death.

No, he'll accept it because apparently KD

He broke his word.

He broke his word.

He broke his word.

If lol, please tries to defend Durant now, he needs to have the HYPOCRITE placed under his name

lol, please
01-24-2018, 06:04 PM
No, he'll accept it because apparently KD

If lol, please tries to defend Durant now, he needs to have the HYPOCRITE placed under his name

Until you find me a link to where Durant promised OKC the same, it's not hypocritical. If you don't see why, then you missed the spirit of that entire post.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Until you find me a link to where Durant promised OKC the same, it's not hypocritical. If you don't see why, then you missed the spirit of that entire post.

I would love to see you provide an honest response to my reply on your take. Or kdspurman's response. Because I honestly don't think you have a response that doesn't involve you shutting your eyes tight, sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming like a kid throwing a tantrum.

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 06:12 PM

kdspurman already got it:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/kevin-durant-remains-hungry-for-nba-title-in-wake-of-latest-loss-says-thunders-window-still-open/2014/06/01/0214c68a-e9dd-11e3-b98c-72cef4a00499_story.html?utm_term=.b6123fb37099

"People donít see how we feel when we go home after games, emotionally, physically. But we do it for them, and Iíll lay my body on the line for these fans here and my teammates and this whole organization to win a championship. Thatís my goal. Iím going to keep fighting until I get it.Ē"

What does "I'm going to keep fighting until I get it" mean?

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:12 PM
1)yes, joining an already established team vs creating a new team are different things, what difference does this make? Why do you keep bringing it up as tho it somehow changes what I'm saying? Again, what I said was both made a move in which they thought they stacked the deck to the point of a goat dynasty. And again, regardless of these differences you keep bringing up, it's still ironic because nothing you're bringing up changes what I'm saying

2) LeBron on the 2016 warriors is a worse team than kd on the 2016 warriors. So no, given that we had kd wanting to join, no LeBron wouldn't be on our squad.

You understand that there was a lot of debate before signing Durant regarding if we would mess up the chemistry and flow we have as a team. We ultimately still got him because he fits in our system. Is there anything about lebrons game that makes you think he would fit our system?

1) You aren't saying anything other than you are qualified to fry chicken and french fries. Being the one to create something will always be more impactful than the one joining it. LeBron didn't join a dynasty - he created one. It's a completely different approach in terms of mentality.

2) You seriously have a poor understanding of both reading comprehension and basketball linguistics. I never said Warriors with LeBron is a better team than Warriors with KD. I clearly, on numerous occasions, stated that eliminating your greatest competition would have made the Warriors even more unstoppable than Warriors with KD. Right now, the only debate as to how the Warriors would lose is: LeBron pulls off another amazing series and his team shows up. If LeBron was on the Warriors, there is no competition. KD will not outplay LeBron and there is no team out there capable of even posing a threat. And how would LeBron fit on the Warriors? LeBron could sit on the bench for the entire season and come to the playoffs and the Warriors will sweep every team in the NBA. Do you think these guys are worried about fit when they have LeBron James on top of what they already have? Lmao, be real.

lol, please
01-24-2018, 06:13 PM

I never said the title doesn't count in and of itself.

It doesn't count as far as fulfilling that promise though. Why? Because he didn't win with Cleveland without leaving, and possibly never returning again. His return was that of convenience, he needed a new super team and it was a convenient location, both because of the "return" narrative, and because they bowed down to him and agreed to build a team of his liking.

If you make a promise you can't realistically keep, that's on you, as a man. Your word is your word, period. That's no double standard for lebron, that's for anyone else with a dick between their legs.

Again, i don't care if you agree with me or not, or think it's crazy, or are up in arms about how emotionally invested a fanatic of their team is, that doesn't bother me at all lol. I just hope you finally understand WHY I see them as different, and what the determining factor is. It looks like you do, so i'm done here with revisiting this tired topic. Lebron isn't going back in time to change history, thus my sentiment on it will never ever change.

Can we once again focus on this Capela/Durant drama? :)

lol, please
01-24-2018, 06:17 PM
kdspurman already got it:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/kevin-durant-remains-hungry-for-nba-title-in-wake-of-latest-loss-says-thunders-window-still-open/2014/06/01/0214c68a-e9dd-11e3-b98c-72cef4a00499_story.html?utm_term=.b6123fb37099

"People donít see how we feel when we go home after games, emotionally, physically. But we do it for them, and Iíll lay my body on the line for these fans here and my teammates and this whole organization to win a championship. Thatís my goal. Iím going to keep fighting until I get it.Ē"

What does "I'm going to keep fighting until I get it" mean?

If you read that entire article, it's been taken out of context by kdspurman - what he means to say is, he will keep fighting for the fans and his teammates while he's around, and he will keep fighting til he achieves his goal of winning a ring. He doesn't explicitly say anywhere "i won't leave OKC til I win a ring" which is how this was twisted as.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 06:30 PM

It doesn't count as far as fulfilling that promise though. Why? Because he didn't win with Cleveland without leaving, and possibly never returning again. His return was that of convenience, he needed a new super team and it was a convenient location, both because of the "return" narrative, and because they bowed down to him and agreed to build a team of his liking.

If you make a promise you can't realistically keep, that's on you, as a man. Your word is your word, period. That's no double standard for lebron, that's for anyone else with a dick between their legs.
OK. But kdspurman LITERALLY just posted a quote from Durant where he might as well have said the same thing to OKC fans. And you conveniently glossed over that fact to continue this narrative that Lebron is some inhuman monster. How is it OK for Durant to say it, and then not OK for Lebron to? Why does there get to be a double standard for Warriors players?

You realize how completely bogus that is, right? Also, you completely ignored the vast majority of my post talking about how ridiculous it is for you to get to decide what constitutes breaking a promise and keeping a promise. Why do you get to be the judge of morality when it comes to NBA players? Are you a philosopher? Do you teach ethics? Are you a religious figure of some kind?

If you were any of those things, you'd know the phrase "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Durant has no business casting stones in this case, and you shouldn't get to cast stones for him.

Again, i don't care if you agree with me or not, or think it's crazy, or are up in arms about how emotionally invested a fanatic of their team is, that doesn't bother me at all lol. I just hope you finally understand WHY I see them as different, and what the determining factor is. It looks like you do, so i'm done here with revisiting this tired topic. Lebron isn't going back in time to change history, thus my sentiment on it will never ever change.
Except I don't understand. Have you watched the show "Mindhunter?" It's great television. It's on Netflix. Check it out. Anyway, Jonathan Groff plays an FBI agent who interviews serial killers to try and understand the logic behind their decisions to commit murder and help develop psychological profiles. I feel like thatóthat I'm sitting across from someone with such truly flawed logic that I can't possibly understand why he would choose to believe the thing he believes.

I'm not saying that I think you're a serial killer, just that I can't fathom how anybody could POSSIBLY believe something so flawed and broken.

Hey man. You brought this up. This is your take that you claim to believe. If you don't believe it or you've come to your senses, and want to accept that your hatred of Lebron and love of the Warriors completely blinds your logic and prevents you from making a fair judgement, I'll totally support you. Like I said, I have to do it sometimes myself. I can't fairly judge Karl Malone or the 90s Jazz, and I openly admit that every time his name comes up in all-time conversations.

C'mon man. I feel like you're ready to turn on this one. This could be a big breakthrough for you. We're all rooting for you here! :hi5:

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 06:30 PM
If you read that entire article, it's been taken out of context by kdspurman - what he means to say is, he will keep fighting for the fans and his teammates while he's around, and he will keep fighting til he achieves his goal of winning a ring. He doesn't explicitly say anywhere "i won't leave OKC til I win a ring" which is how this was twisted as.

Bull****ingshit.

How is that not the same thing?

"Iíll lay my body on the line for these fans here and my teammates and this whole organization to win a championship. Thatís my goal. Iím going to keep fighting until I get it.Ē"

You're a ****ing hypocrite.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:31 PM

There is no taking out of context.

"and Iíll lay my body on the line for these fans here and my teammates and this whole organization to win a championship."

Key words are: Here, my, and whole.

Which part confuses you? I would assume everything that features the English vocabulary but I'm not sure it's just English you have difficulty understanding.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 06:31 PM

Do me a favor. Pull up the quote for me where Lebron promises to win a title for Cleveland before he left to go to Miami. We can compare the two, and you can explain how what Lebron said is so much worse than Durant's quote here.

Htownballa1622
01-24-2018, 06:32 PM
It's great for you guys that this is the narrative that you have to tell yourself while your favorite teams **** the bed every year. Whatever let's you rest easy. Again, I'm the one who actually watches every game (and watched hundreds of OKC games before KD came to The Bay). I fully grasp how important the Finals MVP was to their ship. This coming from a guy who never even wanted KD on the team.

You're right....

Love Durant, but would never want him on GS. That's a cowards mindset. Stack the deck? No thanks.

I like how the league is shaping up as is.

BROOOOOOOOO :laugh:

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 06:34 PM
"Iíll lay my body on the line for these fans here and my teammates and this whole organization to win a championship. Thatís my goal. Iím going to keep fighting until I get it.Ē"

Literally the same thing.

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 06:41 PM
How about your boy Steve Kerr? He went against his word.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2015/01/10/what-about-the-verbal-agreement-how-close-kerr-knicks-were/amp/

Kerr admitted he verbally committed to Jackson. The Knicksí final offer (four years, $17.6 million) Kerr said ďwas very fair.Ē

ďYes, there was,Ē Kerr said. ďI told Phil that I was going to come as long as we could work a contract out. And we didnít ever work a contract out. I was going to go assuming they made a fair offer ó which they ultimately did ó but during that span when we started to negotiate, the Warriorsí job opened up. So I felt horrible because Phil means so much to me.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:43 PM

First off, can you tell me where LeBron promised he would win Cleveland a ring pre-2nd stint with Cleveland?

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:45 PM
Do me a favor. Pull up the quote for me where Lebron promises to win a title for Cleveland before he left to go to Miami. We can compare the two, and you can explain how what Lebron said is so much worse than Durant's quote here.

I asked him to do the same. I don't remember LeBron ever promising to win one for Cleveland. If he did, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a, "I promise to win a title" but moreso, "I hope to win a title." Hoping is not a promise.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 06:46 PM
First off, can you tell me where LeBron promised he would win Cleveland a ring pre-2nd stint with Cleveland?

So I Googled it myself, and this is the closest thing I could find from a NY Post article in 2010:

ďI got a goal, and itís a huge goal, and thatís to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I wonít stop until I get it.Ē

lol, is this the quote you're referring to? If not, I'm open to more discussion on this if you can produce a different quote. But if that's the best we can find.... I'm not gonna lie, dude. That's damn near identical to what Durant said:

"Iíll lay my body on the line for these fans here and my teammates and this whole organization to win a championship. Thatís my goal. Iím going to keep fighting until I get it.Ē

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:46 PM
How about your boy Steve Kerr? He went against his word.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2015/01/10/what-about-the-verbal-agreement-how-close-kerr-knicks-were/amp/

Stop hurting lol, please like this. C'mon, please

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:47 PM
""and Iíll lay my body on the line for these fans here and my teammates and this whole organization to win a championship.""

Lol, please: KD didn't mean it like that. He was just joking. It was an April Fool's joke. Maybe someone hacked KD's body and voice.

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 06:54 PM
We all know the real reason lol hates Lebron. Lol was a Lakers fan when they were good and he saw Lebron overtaking Kobe in the eyes of just about every non Lakers fan. He got jealous and then switched to the Warriors when the Lakers started to suck and the Warriors got great. He can't come out and say it's because of Lebron overtaking Kobe because that'll out him as an actual Lakers fan that's just band wagoning onto the Warriors.

Pure bandwagon hypocrite troll. Some mod should give him a custom av.

valade16
01-24-2018, 06:55 PM
So I Googled it myself, and this is the closest thing I could find from a NY Post article in 2010:

ďI got a goal, and itís a huge goal, and thatís to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I wonít stop until I get it.Ē

lol, is this the quote you're referring to? If not, I'm open to more discussion on this if you can produce a different quote. But if that's the best we can find.... I'm not gonna lie, dude. That's damn near identical to what Durant said:

"Iíll lay my body on the line for these fans here and my teammates and this whole organization to win a championship. Thatís my goal. Iím going to keep fighting until I get it.Ē

If you really want to try and argue that KD didn't say he would win an MVP for those specific fans and that specific city, you can easily argue that LeBron didn't promise to not leave Cleveland, only that eventually he would bring a title to Cleveland.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:56 PM
We all know the real reason lol hates Lebron. Lol was a Lakers fan when they were good and he saw Lebron overtaking Kobe in the eyes of just about every non Lakers fan. He got jealous and then switched to the Warriors when the Lakers started to suck and the Warriors got great. He can't come it and say it's because of Lebron overtaking Kobe because that'll out him as an actual Lakers fan that's just band wagoning onto the Warriors.

I bet if you switched the players around, Ex: lakers have the Warriors roster and Warriors have the Lakers roster, lol, please would be a Lakers fan again.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:58 PM

Does seem like a promise there but he did accomplish it. Did he lie? Only way KD can debunk this is if he goes back to OKC and wins it.

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 07:00 PM
I bet if you switched the players around, Ex: lakers have the Warriors roster and Warriors have the Lakers roster, lol, please would be a Lakers fan again.

No doubt.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Now KD is admitting to being an a-hole and a diva.. Oh gee, did his mommy have to remind him that he was?

Jamiecballer
01-24-2018, 07:47 PM
Would the wording "he joined the core of a 73 win team" work better? Or "he joined the franchise that had won 73 games the season prior"?Perhaps the former. No to the latter. I'm not a fan of either because I think they both miss the mark.

We try to hard to assign values to stars because it makes it easier to talk about them, and minimize supporting casts for the same reason.

I mean, is it the core of a 73 win team if Mark Jackson is still the coach? That presupposes that they would still have a 73 win season doesn't it? Some people may believe that we would stI'll be talking about GS in these terms but I don't. Same goes for the rest of the team outside the stars. You and I both know that we could assemble a bench that would ensure that team never sniffs 60 games. Maybe you don't but I have no doubt.

valade16
01-24-2018, 07:59 PM
Perhaps the former. No to the latter. I'm not a fan of either because I think they both miss the mark.

We try to hard to assign values to stars because it makes it easier to talk about them, and minimize supporting casts for the same reason.

I mean, is it the core of a 73 win team if Mark Jackson is still the coach? That presupposes that they would still have a 73 win season doesn't it? Some people may believe that we would stI'll be talking about GS in these terms but I don't. Same goes for the rest of the team outside the stars. You and I both know that we could assemble a bench that would ensure that team never sniffs 60 games. Maybe you don't but I have no doubt.

I get what you're saying. You are philosophically saying that it was that exact circumstances that they were able to get 73 wins and we have no idea if changing those circumstances they still would have won 73 games. But it's a fruitless philosophical exercise. What we do know is they did win 73 games and that KD did join that franchise. Whether he joined the exact team under the exact circumstances of the 73 win scenario is irrelevant, the underlying point is valid: he joined an insanely talented group of players that was very good and the best group of players in the league at the time.

Bottom line: there's no way to argue around the fact that KD joined a historically great core of players. So I don't see the relevance of trying to split these particular hairs unless you're attempting to argue that it wasn't as historically good a core as people are basing the underlying premise of the sentiment on.

Jamiecballer
01-24-2018, 08:43 PM
The fact a thread was made actually questioning if this Warriors team was better than the GOAT team is enough evidence there was a dynasty before KD joined it

The fact a thread about "Curry vs Jordan" was being made is enough evidence Curry is realllllly good at basketball.

The fact there never being a thread of "KD vs Jordan" being made is enough evidence that KD was never looked at as a player who just had it in him.

And the fact that Warriors fans seriously try to degenerate their team pre-KD so they can applaud KD for his efforts is nothing short of comedy.Let's be honest the curry vs Jordan thread was a joke then and an even bigger one now

lol, please
01-24-2018, 08:55 PM
I get what you're saying. You are philosophically saying that it was that exact circumstances that they were able to get 73 wins and we have no idea if changing those circumstances they still would have won 73 games. But it's a fruitless philosophical exercise. What we do know is they did win 73 games and that KD did join that franchise. Whether he joined the exact team under the exact circumstances of the 73 win scenario is irrelevant, the underlying point is valid: he joined an insanely talented group of players that was very good and the best group of players in the league at the time.

Bottom line: there's no way to argue around the fact that KD joined a historically great core of players. So I don't see the relevance of trying to split these particular hairs unless you're attempting to argue that it wasn't as historically good a core as people are basing the underlying premise of the sentiment on.

:clap:

I love how you've never denied the Warriors greatness.

Back in 2014ish I never thought we could convince the world of what Curry's warriors could become.

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 09:12 PM
You still need to answer how those two statements are different.

valade16
01-24-2018, 09:26 PM
:clap:

I love how you've never denied the Warriors greatness.

Back in 2014ish I never thought we could convince the world of what Curry's warriors could become.

Yup. It's funny that in many debates here I'm portrayed as a Warriors hater when I'm one of the few on here acknowledging how amazing Curry is and saying he's in consideration for GOAT offensive level player and a Top 10 player ever, and for acknowledging how great the Warriors are, saying they are clearly the best and most talented team in NBA history.

nastynice
01-24-2018, 10:18 PM
1) You aren't saying anything other than you are qualified to fry chicken and french fries. Being the one to create something will always be more impactful than the one joining it. LeBron didn't join a dynasty - he created one. It's a completely different approach in terms of mentality.

2) You seriously have a poor understanding of both reading comprehension and basketball linguistics. I never said Warriors with LeBron is a better team than Warriors with KD. I clearly, on numerous occasions, stated that eliminating your greatest competition would have made the Warriors even more unstoppable than Warriors with KD. Right now, the only debate as to how the Warriors would lose is: LeBron pulls off another amazing series and his team shows up. If LeBron was on the Warriors, there is no competition. KD will not outplay LeBron and there is no team out there capable of even posing a threat. And how would LeBron fit on the Warriors? LeBron could sit on the bench for the entire season and come to the playoffs and the Warriors will sweep every team in the NBA. Do you think these guys are worried about fit when they have LeBron James on top of what they already have? Lmao, be real.

1) whatever makes you feel better, still doesn't change that they both made that move with the same idea in mind.

2)rockets spurs and possibly celtics and okc are all bigger threats, haha, cmon get it together

If LeBron came to play for free then sure, no one would care about fit. But if he is here, how's he gonna get paid? We gotta drop some guys, and then yes, we would then start caring about fit

nastynice
01-24-2018, 10:23 PM
We all know the real reason lol hates Lebron. Lol was a Lakers fan when they were good and he saw Lebron overtaking Kobe in the eyes of just about every non Lakers fan. He got jealous and then switched to the Warriors when the Lakers started to suck and the Warriors got great. He can't come out and say it's because of Lebron overtaking Kobe because that'll out him as an actual Lakers fan that's just band wagoning onto the Warriors.

No doubt! I'm the same, got love for the Lakers, kings and clippers.

It's like Jake one and kutfather with that west coast sheet!

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 10:28 PM
No doubt! I'm the same, got love for the Lakers, kings and clippers.

It's like Jake one and kutfather with that west coast sheet!

You're not a real fan.

nastynice
01-24-2018, 10:49 PM
You're not a real fan.

Bro I just told you. It's like Jake one and kutfather with that west coast sheeit

The realest

of fans

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 11:30 PM
Bro I just told you. It's like Jake one and kutfather with that west coast sheeit

The realest

of fans

No idea what that jibberish means but since I've never seen you endorse other basketball teams, it's telling me that you're only high on the Warriors now because they're currently at the top. If they switch spots with the Clippers or Lakers in 3 years, you'll be switching allegiances.

And real fans don't do that.

Vee-Rex
01-25-2018, 01:24 AM
Damn LP you gonna let them say that about you?

cahawk
01-25-2018, 01:51 AM
Durant is a Jerk who jumped on the greatest bandwagon ever....selling his soul & credibility.

nastynice
01-25-2018, 02:54 AM
No idea what that jibberish means but since I've never seen you endorse other basketball teams, it's telling me that you're only high on the Warriors now because they're currently at the top. If they switch spots with the Clippers or Lakers in 3 years, you'll be switching allegiances.

And real fans don't do that.

Haha, nah brah, sharks, warriors, raiders for now.

But let's def keep going through the real fan checklist, haha, next..?

Saddletramp
01-25-2018, 03:09 AM
Damn LP you gonna let them say that about you?

Yeah, he is. He can either be a man and defend his position or he can keep pussing out and staying silent. Judging by his history, it's the latter.

Socalseats
01-25-2018, 03:57 AM
People saying that Capela and Gordan made an error in there statements is WRONG, there's nothing wrong with holding your teammates accountable for there own success that's actually smart psychology actually, those type of comments breed confidence in a locker room where most locker rooms don't have confidence against the warriors. Everyone should already realized this. How can a team that has so much to prove to themselves actually become arrogant that easily? There's a difference between confidence and arrogance and sometimes its hard to tell the difference between the two for some.

nastynice
01-25-2018, 04:05 AM
Yeah, he is. He can either be a man and defend his position or he can keep pussing out and staying silent. Judging by his history, it's the latter.

Yes, defending what I think about kd is definitely my barometer for judging my manhood too.

Saddletramp
01-25-2018, 04:29 AM
Yes, defending what I think about kd is definitely my barometer for judging my manhood too.

It's not the position on this one subject, it's his constant trolling and hypocrisy. It's shows his true character. When he makes easily debunked comments or asks easily refuted questions and then half-assed defends himself then goes ghost shows his true colors.

Oh, what am I telling you for? You won't get it, you're just one step above him.

nastynice
01-25-2018, 12:40 PM
It's not the position on this one subject, it's his constant trolling and hypocrisy. It's shows his true character. When he makes easily debunked comments or asks easily refuted questions and then half-assed defends himself then goes ghost shows his true colors.

Oh, what am I telling you for? You won't get it, you're just one step above him.

Yea, I'M the one constantly being emo in the NBA forum when kd's name is brought up :rolleyes:

KnicksorBust
01-25-2018, 12:50 PM
Clint Capela is currently having a better season than Dwight Howard ever had.
#noteasy
#thataintaroleplayer

lol, please
01-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Damn LP you gonna let them say that about you?About the legend of lol, P?

Nah playa. You know (or perhaps forgot) I have dropped the truth on that story, twice, and after the second time I said publicly the history was there for whoever wanted to dig through old threads, and I wouldn't discuss it again.

Lol, P may be, or not be many things, but one thing lol, P is, is a man of his word.

:cool:

lol, please
01-25-2018, 12:57 PM
#noteasy
#thataintaroleplayerLove how you say this as if Howard is some barometer of greatness lol.

Were you one of those poor fools who bought into the fantasy that Howard was the next Shaq?

valade16
01-25-2018, 01:07 PM
#noteasy
#thataintaroleplayer

How so?

nastynice
01-25-2018, 01:12 PM
#noteasy
#thataintaroleplayer

You don't remember Howard on the magic? He was a legit mvp candidate. You think Cappella is?

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 01:16 PM
#noteasy
#thataintaroleplayer

I wouldn't go that far. But I would say that Clint is easily better this year than Dwight ever was in a Rockets uniform.

LeonFSU
01-25-2018, 03:08 PM
Dwight Howard gets no respect. No respect at all.

lol, please
01-25-2018, 03:15 PM
Dwight Howard gets no respect. No respect at all.He doesn't deserve respect. He's a soft coward who never attempted to make the most of his physical abilities, and who didn't have the humility to say "hey guys, let's be real, I'll never be a fraction of the player Shaq was, I don't deserve such comparisons".

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 03:16 PM
Dwight Howard gets no respect. No respect at all.

Look at Dwight's numbers in Houston. His best season (that first year), he was 18/12/2/2, which looks great on paper. But consider the guy was a 54 percent free throw shooter who turned the ball over 3.2 times per game. As a result, his TS% (60 percent) and a lot of his advanced numbers don't come close to Capela's.

Even with Dwight's high FG%, Capela crushes him in terms of scoring efficiency by a mile as he's leading the league in FG% and shoots roughly 60 percent from the free throw line. Clint also posts a higher TRB%, BLK% and STL% and a significantly lower TO% than Dwight did that season. You could make that the argument that Dwight's higher minutes and usage make him a more valuable starter, but in terms of fit and what each guy means for the team, I'd much rather have 27 minutes of Clint right now than 34 minutes of Dwight.

Peak Orlando Dwight, this would obviously be a totally different conversation. But we never got to see that guy in Houston.

LeonFSU
01-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Look at Dwight's numbers in Houston. His best season (that first year), he was 18/12/2/2, which looks great on paper. But consider the guy was a 54 percent free throw shooter who turned the ball over 3.2 times per game. As a result, his TS% (60 percent) and a lot of his advanced numbers don't come close to Capela's.

Even with Dwight's high FG%, Capela crushes him in terms of scoring efficiency by a mile as he's leading the league in FG% and shoots roughly 60 percent from the free throw line. Clint also posts a higher TRB%, BLK% and STL% and a significantly lower TO% than Dwight did that season. You could make that the argument that Dwight's higher minutes and usage make him a more valuable starter, but in terms of fit and what each guy means for the team, I'd much rather have 27 minutes of Clint right now than 34 minutes of Dwight.

Peak Orlando Dwight, this would obviously be a totally different conversation. But we never got to see that guy in Houston.

My comment wasn't really directed at your reply. It was more of a response to the idea that this year Capela is better than Dwight was in Orlando and the idea that Dwight wasn't a good player because he wasn't Shaq. For an example, see the ridiculous post above yours.

I'm not really going to argue too much for post-Orlando Dwight being better. But he had his moments in Houston. Obviously Capela's offensive efficiency is better as you pointed out. Defensively, I think Dwight has pretty much always been better. This season's version of Capela is not doing what Dwight did in the playoffs for Houston in those first two years. Its just a totally different circumstance and role.

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 04:21 PM
My comment wasn't really directed at your reply. It was more of a response to the idea that this year Capela is better than Dwight was in Orlando and the idea that Dwight wasn't a good player because he wasn't Shaq. For an example, see the ridiculous post above yours.

I'm not really going to argue too much for post-Orlando Dwight being better. But he had his moments in Houston. Obviously Capela's offensive efficiency is better as you pointed out. Defensively, I think Dwight has pretty much always been better. This season's version of Capela is not doing what Dwight did in the playoffs for Houston in those first two years. Its just a totally different circumstance and role.

That's fair. One thing I will give Dwight is that he could be counted on to step up in big games, and he has some really big performances for Houston in the playoffs. But the consistency wasn't there, and he had no clue how to fit within the team and what the Rockets wanted to run.

Dwight didn't want to set picks and roll to the basket for dunks. Capela sets outstanding picks, rolls like a professional dancer and then glides to the basket with the grace of a swan. It probably seems like I'm overselling it, but I really can't overstate how good the guy is in the pick and roll, which is this team's bread and butter offensively.

Dwight was definitely the better defender overall, but not really more productive in terms of rebounds, blocks or steals. Also, while Dwight is the better interior defender, Capela's lateral quickness is a huge boost when he has to switch on a guard on the perimeter. Dwight was incapable of doing that, which led to a lot of open perimeter jumpers.

nastynice
01-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Capela sets outstanding picks, rolls like a professional dancer and then glides to the basket with the grace of a swan. .

Really? This is your analogy?

Ur right tho, more mobile offensively, fits better. Dwight needed (wanted) the ball on the block. His defense was still monster tho, legit drive alterer

Saddletramp
01-25-2018, 05:39 PM
About the legend of lol, P?

Nah playa. You know (or perhaps forgot) I have dropped the truth on that story, twice, and after the second time I said publicly the history was there for whoever wanted to dig through old threads, and I wouldn't discuss it again.

Lol, P may be, or not be many things, but one thing lol, P is, is a man of his word.

:cool:

If you had any semblance of respect from anyone on psd you ruined it with your hypocrisy in this thread. You put yourself in a corner and failed miserably to get out of it.

valade16
01-25-2018, 05:48 PM
That's fair. One thing I will give Dwight is that he could be counted on to step up in big games, and he has some really big performances for Houston in the playoffs. But the consistency wasn't there, and he had no clue how to fit within the team and what the Rockets wanted to run.

Dwight didn't want to set picks and roll to the basket for dunks. Capela sets outstanding picks, rolls like a professional dancer and then glides to the basket with the grace of a swan. It probably seems like I'm overselling it, but I really can't overstate how good the guy is in the pick and roll, which is this team's bread and butter offensively.

Dwight was definitely the better defender overall, but not really more productive in terms of rebounds, blocks or steals. Also, while Dwight is the better interior defender, Capela's lateral quickness is a huge boost when he has to switch on a guard on the perimeter. Dwight was incapable of doing that, which led to a lot of open perimeter jumpers.

Yeah Dwight played very well against Portland in 2014 when Harden had a terrible series. He was the main thing keeping Houston in the series. In fact, them switching Howard onto LMA after Game 2 is what kept him from going supernova like the first 2 games.

FlashBolt
01-25-2018, 06:21 PM
Capela might not be the better overall player but he's far better than Dwight at what he's supposed to do.

Rebounding is a wash. I don't think a rebound or two changes who the better rebounder is.
Defense, I'm giving it to Dwight because he's a bigger body but Capela is better in other areas primarily helping around switches.

But the best part about Capela is he doesn't complain. He's been with the team since the beginning and grew up making improvements season after season. Literally, does his job and excels at it. Love players who are no b/s but come out to play and results happen.

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 06:46 PM
Yeah Dwight played very well against Portland in 2014 when Harden had a terrible series. He was the main thing keeping Houston in the series. In fact, them switching Howard onto LMA after Game 2 is what kept him from going supernova like the first 2 games.

Yeah, whenever I try to think of positives from Dwight's time in Houston, that series is the first thing that comes to mind. He was fantastic against Portland, and Harden really struggled in that series.

valade16
01-25-2018, 06:50 PM
Yeah, whenever I try to think of positives from Dwight's time in Houston, that series is the first thing that comes to mind. He was fantastic against Portland, and Harden really struggled in that series.

If not for LMA going nova (and of course 'the shot'), Houston likely wins that series off the back of Dwight.

He was clearly not the same player in Houston he was in Orlando, and Capela is a clearly a better fit next to Harden.

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 07:03 PM
If not for LMA going nova (and of course 'the shot'), Houston likely wins that series off the back of Dwight.

He was clearly not the same player in Houston he was in Orlando, and Capela is a clearly a better fit next to Harden.

Fun fact: I was so upset after that Lillard shot and got so inebriated that I got into that weird "so depressed that you get profound" phase and wrote more than half of my vows to my future wife that night.

valade16
01-25-2018, 07:06 PM
Fun fact: I was so upset after that Lillard shot and got so inebriated that I got into that weird "so depressed that you get profound" phase and wrote more than half of my vows to my future wife that night.

LMAO

Not going to lie, I still watch that video like monthly lol

Saddletramp
01-25-2018, 07:06 PM

The two things I remember the most from that series is McHale being a dope and giving the first two games away by keeping Terrence Jones on LMA. Once he put Asik on him, things changed.

And of course that ****ing shot.

Saddletramp
01-25-2018, 07:08 PM

I just sat on the coach in a daze with a goofy smile on my face for about five minutes. Just had to tip your cap on that one. Still stings.

lol, please
01-25-2018, 07:29 PM

Did you end up delivering those vows at the wedding, or has that all not come to pass yet? lol

mightybosstone
01-25-2018, 08:05 PM
Did you end up delivering those vows at the wedding, or has that all not come to pass yet? lol

Oh yeah. That was three years ago. And they got some heavy editing before they were recited, but the foundation of what I came up with that night was still in there. They were damn good, too.

valade16
01-25-2018, 08:39 PM
Oh yeah. That was three years ago. And they got some heavy editing before they were recited, but the foundation of what I came up with that night was still in there. They were damn good, too.

Please tell me the vows included the phrase "he got the shot off. OH MY GOD!"

lol (sorry to rub it in, but that play call by Tirico is one of my all-time favs).