PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard relationship distant from front office?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-22-2018, 06:36 PM
Under president and coach Gregg Popovich and general manager RC Buford, the Spurs have a two-decades-long history of strong relationships with star players, but multiple sources describe Leonard and his camp as "distant" and "disconnected" from the organization.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22179536/kawhi-leonard-relationship-san-antonio-spurs-becoming-strained

Htownballa1622
01-22-2018, 06:43 PM
:smoking:

GREATNESS ONE
01-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Trade him.

LA_Raiders
01-22-2018, 06:56 PM
Same problem with Al Jefferson last year. I believe the Spurs problem is that they don't get younger; they kept the same old core for a while now.

JasonJohnHorn
01-22-2018, 09:00 PM
Not sure I believe this.

Stephen A Smith said they wanted to trade him to NY? For who? Melo?

Leonard's camp refutes this; the Spurs don't support it. I think it's jsut horse$#!t coming from a network that is desperate for traffic.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 09:25 PM
Not sure I believe this.

Leonard's camp refutes this; the Spurs don't support it. I think it's jsut horse$#!t coming from a network that is desperate for traffic.

Stephen A smith is a ****ing clown, thatsbso far from the truth.

KobeOwnSU
01-22-2018, 10:20 PM
Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, and KCP for Leonard and fillers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 10:25 PM

Lmao

lol, please
01-22-2018, 11:03 PM
Not sure I believe this.

Leonard's camp refutes this; the Spurs don't support it. I think it's jsut horse$#!t coming from a network that is desperate for traffic.Is Melo a Knick?

:confused:

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Mave1002
01-22-2018, 11:25 PM

Lmao

Considering Kawhi's quad situation.... You wouldn't take this deal if you were the Spurs? A package built around Brandon Ingram?

Set aside your vets and you've got a pretty fresh, decent team of youngsters. A whole new generation of irritating Spurs.

Gasol/Aldridge/Gay/Green/Manu/Parker/Mills

Randle/Bertans
Ingram/Anderson
Clarkson/Forbes
Murray/White

GREATNESS ONE
01-22-2018, 11:33 PM
Considering Kawhi's quad situation.... You wouldn't take this deal if you were the Spurs? A package built around Brandon Ingram?

Set aside your vets and you've got a pretty fresh, decent team of youngsters. A whole new generation of irritating Spurs.

Gasol/Aldridge/Gay/Green/Manu/Parker/Mills

Randle/Bertans
Ingram/Anderson
Clarkson/Forbes
Murray/White

They would want Zubac too, so Pop can transform him into the next Marc Gasol.

Mave1002
01-23-2018, 01:14 AM
They would want Zubac too, so Pop can transform him into the next Marc Gasol.

Zubac/Randle/Ingram then either JC or KCP for Danny Green and an injured Kawhi. Who says this isnt a fair deal?

Storch
01-23-2018, 01:45 AM
Cmon now Lakers fans, they would want ingram AND Kuzma

Heediot
01-23-2018, 06:00 AM
Another junk article from ESPN. First the Pats, now Kawhi/Spurs and K-Love/Cavs. They are more about stirring the pot for hits vs. legit substantiated claims. Not saying there isn't any degree of truth in what they report with these incidents, but the stuff being claimed is really exaggerated and embellished.

More-Than-Most
01-23-2018, 06:19 AM
you would basically have to start with 2 of Ingram/Ball/Kuzma and throw in clarkson and randle and probably some picks... Ingram/Randle/Clarkson isnt getting you one of the top 5 players in basketball lol.

C-ross12
01-23-2018, 07:18 AM
Another junk article from ESPN. First the Pats, now Kawhi/Spurs and K-Love/Cavs. They are more about stirring the pot for hits vs. legit substantiated claims. Not saying there isn't any degree of truth in what they report with these incidents, but the stuff being claimed is really exaggerated and embellished.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The problem is its creates an atmosphere of uncertainty. I have no clue if Kawhi is unhappy in SA. But now that though has been put into my head and I have no idea to what degree its true.

Hasn't Kawhi always been a "to myself" kind of guy anyways?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 09:58 AM
Well the article is from WOJ and has video of WOJ talking about it.

kingsdelez24
01-23-2018, 10:10 AM
Jalen Rose called it on his podcast, that some ol' BS stories are gonna be pushed about Kawhi since he got shut down for a bit. No truth to the matter

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Heediot
01-23-2018, 10:43 AM
Well the article is from WOJ and has video of WOJ talking about it.

WOJ is legit with transactions and stuff like that, but he's not immune to tmz style journalism. Once in a while you gotta do what you goota do.

kdspurman
01-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Kawhi is distant from everyone, so that part is accurate lol...

But idk.. Here's a quote from Kawhi's uncle

Disputing a report from ESPN, that described Leonard and his camp as "distant" and "disconnected" from the team, Leonard's uncle, Dennis Robertson, says there is no tension between the two parties.

"There is nothing true to that story," Robertson told the Express-News hours after the story published. "Kawhi's camp and the Spurs are how they've always been Ė doing the right thing for the team and the right thing for Kawhi."

and RC Buford

"There is no issues between the Spurs organization and Kawhi," Buford told ESPN in an interview. "From Day 1 all parties have worked together to find the best solutions to his injury."

Buford said the situation has been "difficult for everyone."

"It's been difficult for Kawhi," ESPN quoted Buford as saying. "He's an elite-level player. It's been difficult for the team, because they want to play with a great teammate. And it's been difficult for our staff. Historically, we've been able to successfully manage injuries. This rehab hasn't been simple, and it hasn't gone in a linear fashion."

Sam Amick mentioned in a podcast it was a big deal for Buford to come out and deny it, as that's not usually something they do. (When the Aldridge stuff came up last year on him wanting a trade for example, RC & Co. were pretty silent)

I think there's just frustration from both sides, but mainly because both sides want Kawhi playing basketball now. I saw someone mention that Kawhi felt frustrated that the Spurs doctors diagnosed him with a quad strain last season, and when it flared up in the off-season, he got a 2nd opinion and they diagnosed it as tendinopathy, and since he's been moving forward with his own doc/rehab. I can't imagine that's uncommon, especially with odd injuries like this. If he's distant from anyone, I'd assume it'd be the medical staff, but that's just speculation.

I don't think there's this rift between the 2 sides honestly based on stuff i've seen since this came out. Kawhi is eligible for the supermax this summer too. Pop doesn't believe this injury is career threatening and expects him to play again this year.

mike_noodles
01-23-2018, 11:35 AM
SAS is distant and disconnected from reality.

Hustla23
01-23-2018, 12:04 PM
you would basically have to start with 2 of Ingram/Ball/Kuzma and throw in clarkson and randle and probably some picks... Ingram/Randle/Clarkson isnt getting you one of the top 5 players in basketball lol.

Uh, no. Just because a team wants something doesn't mean that they'll get it. Teams are less apt to pull a move like the Knicks did for Melo and clear the entire bank account just for one player.

You can't trade so many of your assets that the result is a net negative, even if you're getting a top 5 player.

Given what it took to get Jimmy Butler and Paul George, Ingram + Randle + Clarkson + maybe Zubac or an additional first is a fair enough offer.

KingPosey
01-23-2018, 12:34 PM
I saw that SAS stuff about being willing to move him and I straight call ******** on that.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Jalen Rose called it on his podcast, that some ol' BS stories are gonna be pushed about Kawhi since he got shut down for a bit. No truth to the matter

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Funny thing is, Jalen said his morning on first take that his sources are telling him Kawhi wants to be traded.

Storch
01-23-2018, 12:54 PM
Uh, no. Just because a team wants something doesn't mean that they'll get it. Teams are less apt to pull a move like the Knicks did for Melo and clear the entire bank account just for one player.

You can't trade so many of your assets that the result is a net negative, even if you're getting a top 5 player.

Given what it took to get Jimmy Butler and Paul George, Ingram + Randle + Clarkson + maybe Zubac or an additional first is a fair enough offer.

You are forgetting the fact that giannis still has a long contract, not a one year rental. So a team trading for him will have to trade the bank away.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 12:58 PM
You all are crazy if you think Ingram is enough to get a top 5 player in the league. It would start with Ingram and Ball and to be honest the Lakers would be dumb to say no. Then you go after 2 of LeBron PG and Cousins.

kdspurman
01-23-2018, 01:09 PM
Funny thing is, Jalen said his morning on first take that his sources are telling him Kawhi wants to be traded.

And I'm trying to figure out how Jalen has become a guy who has inside information the Spurs behind the scenes or any teams inside info at that.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 01:10 PM
And I'm trying to figure out how Jalen has become a guy who has inside information the Spurs behind the scenes or any teams inside info at that.

Me too lol! These guys are just talking out of their *****.

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 01:11 PM
I don't see why Kawhi would want out? Seems like ESPN with the fake news.

Seems more like just frustration over his medical prognosis/timetable on return.

kdspurman
01-23-2018, 01:17 PM
I don't see why Kawhi would want out? Seems like ESPN with the fake news.

Seems more like just frustration over his medical prognosis/timetable on return.

Pretty much my take on it. Seems much more logical. Logic doesn't sell on ESPN tho.

#RoseBomb

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 01:21 PM
Pretty much my take on it. Seems much more logical. Logic doesn't sell on ESPN tho.

#RoseBomb

hehe. His line about "spurs don't attract any free agents" doesn't make sense when you think of LMA choosing them over Houston and other teams. He had options too.

LaVar Ball
01-23-2018, 01:23 PM

Thatís giving up way too much for a Pop system guy who just came back from injury and just got injured again both lower extremity injury and with a torn shoulder.

kdspurman
01-23-2018, 01:56 PM
hehe. His line about "spurs don't attract any free agents" doesn't make sense when you think of LMA choosing them over Houston and other teams. He had options too.

Exactly. And just a week ago he said this on his podcast "do not believe the rumors that [Kawhi] is unhappy in San Antonio; he's not sitting out to prove a point. The Gentleman is really injured."

Hustla23
01-23-2018, 02:37 PM
You are forgetting the fact that giannis still has a long contract, not a one year rental. So a team trading for him will have to trade the bank away.

Huh? We're talking about Kawhi here. He's signed into the 2019 season which is about the length of the contract that Jimmy Butler was traded under.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Thatís giving up way too much for a Pop system guy who just came back from injury and just got injured again both lower extremity injury and with a torn shoulder.

Thing is Randle will be a RFA. So there's that. He will be commanding some money. Lakers been wanting to dump Clarkson since last season to get ready for two max cap slots. Deng unmovable. Articles already suggested Lakers gave up trying to dump Deng. Would take to much. Lakers might get lucky to dump Clarkson and Randle for Moose. Unless Randle for Noel resurfaces.

kobe4thewinbang
01-23-2018, 08:16 PM
This seems to be getting more traction, perhaps. I would say Leonard may be miffed by the recent uptick in Aldridge's importance. Granted, Aldridge has been balling this season and Leonard has been too hurt to play, but he may have wanted them to trade Aldridge instead. Only thing I could see fueling the fire, or maybe he is no longer interested in being a Spur and "their" style of re-signing guys like Manu and probably Parker. Popovich will talk to him.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 01:08 AM
I really think Cleveland should consider a Kawhi for LeBron trade... Spurs probably won't do it but Cleveland has to at this point.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 01:21 AM
I really think Cleveland should consider a Kawhi for LeBron trade... Spurs probably won't do it but Cleveland has to at this point.

They need to get he right pieces around Wade. LeBron for Kawhi Green and Mills is a start. Maybe throw in Love for Aldridge.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 01:27 AM
They need to get he right pieces around Wade. LeBron for Kawhi Green and Mills is a start. Maybe throw in Love for Aldridge.

Yeah, and they should bring back Zydrunas as the 2nd option.

KobeOwnSU
01-24-2018, 01:29 AM
Yeah, and they should bring back Zydrunas as the 2nd option.And Delonte and his mom.