PDA

View Full Version : Can the Rockets win the championship?

LOb0
01-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Classic offense first, regular season winning, 3-point bombing team. Then you have the amazing playoff combo history of D'antoni, Harden and Paul.

Do you feel this team has a legit chance of winning an NBA title?

HandsOnTheWheel
01-20-2018, 08:05 PM
They're legit. Only team who I think can realistically upset gs in the playoffs along with maybe the healthy Spurs.

If they were in the East, they would be the instant favorites by to win the conference by far IMO

aman_13
01-20-2018, 08:11 PM
They're legit. Only team who I think can realistically upset gs in the playoffs along with maybe the healthy Spurs.

If they were in the East, they would be the instant favorites by to win the conference by far IMO

Healthy Spurs are dangerous. They might surprise everyone.

CityofTreez
01-20-2018, 08:13 PM
Phonies? Come on man.

They can beat GS, but need that ‘clutch’ factor that they’ve lacked.
All these years of losing in postseason I think pays off with experience and equates to being stronger in future postseason appearances. But that’s just me so....

lol, please
01-20-2018, 08:14 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/dgbg.gif

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

LaVar Ball
01-20-2018, 08:17 PM
No Antoni led team is ever going to win a championship. Mark my words.

Giannis94
01-20-2018, 09:10 PM
Yes. So is Harden

PAOboston
01-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Not sure phonies is the right word. I think they are comprised of soft players and when defenses clamp down and play aggressive in the playoffs, I think it will take some air out of their sails.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Big Zo
01-20-2018, 09:43 PM
Yes, until proven otherwise.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Lol

Chronz
01-20-2018, 10:38 PM
The league is full of 29 phonies every year if these guys aren't legit

mightybosstone
01-20-2018, 10:44 PM
Terrible thread with a misleading poll. Troll harder, OP.

TO Rapz
01-20-2018, 10:45 PM
The Rockets offense is a bit misleading. I read an article today about how the Warriors and Rockets offenses are different and how CP3 and Harden are the two heaviest ISO leaders in the league. They take 3s and layups on sheer volume but ball movement isnt how to describe their offense. Their assist % isnt even top 15. I love watching them play and think they're the 3rd best team in the league. IDK if you call that a phony, but I wish they played a more GSW style offense.

LOb0
01-20-2018, 11:00 PM
The league is full of 29 phonies every year if these guys aren't legit

The salty CP3 fan has returned.

So your argument is all 29 teams are looked at as better than they are? Lol okay.

dhopisthename
01-20-2018, 11:29 PM
I edited the thread title and expect that this thread will be why they can or can't win the championship. the second I feel this thread is about to turn into a baitfest I will close it.

LaVar Ball
01-20-2018, 11:48 PM
Mike Antoni
James Haren
Eric Goron
Ryan Anerson
Geral Green

mightybosstone
01-21-2018, 12:06 AM
Poor timing on your part, OP. When healthy, the Rockets are 2-0 against the juggernaut Golden State Warriors. They probably won't beat them in the playoffs, but I 100 percent still believe they're the second best team in the NBA by a mile.

Chronz
01-21-2018, 12:09 AM
The salty CP3 fan has returned.

So your argument is all 29 teams are looked at as better than they are? Lol okay.

You really don't know what salty means and phonies isn't limited to your interpretation. Just an overall bad post here.

I'm with mbt here, troll harder plz.

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 12:11 AM
No

LOb0
01-21-2018, 12:12 AM
Poor timing on your part, OP. When healthy, the Rockets are 2-0 against the juggernaut Golden State Warriors. They probably won't beat them in the playoffs, but I 100 percent still believe they're the second best team in the NBA by a mile.

It was intentional. Perfect game for it. I have no trouble being proven wrong. I just want peoples opinions on record now.

LOb0
01-21-2018, 12:14 AM
You really don't know what salty means and phonies isn't limited to your interpretation. Just an overall bad post here.

I'm with mbt here, troll harder plz.

Yeah you'd know what salty means better than anyone being a Clips fan. My definition of "phonies" is more logical than yours if 29 teams can be considered it as well. You know damn well I mean regular season juggernauts that crash and burn come PO time.

mightybosstone
01-21-2018, 12:20 AM
You want a ridiculous stat? When Clint, Harden and Paul play this season, the Rockets are now 17-0, including 2-0 against the Warriors. This team is for real, and it's time to take them seriously.

Chronz
01-21-2018, 12:21 AM
Yeah you'd know what salty means better than anyone being a Clips fan. My definition of "phonies" is more logical than yours if 29 teams can be considered it as well. You know damn well I mean regular season juggernauts that crash and burn come PO time.
Actually I've always been proud of my team pushing superior teams to the brink, even upsetting a championship contender once.

Other teams being less dominant in the rs and losing in the playoffs is suppose to make them any less of a phony? Lmfao, wtf is wrong with you

LOb0
01-21-2018, 12:29 AM
Actually I've always been proud of my team pushing superior teams to the brink, even upsetting a championship contender once.

Other teams being less dominant in the rs and losing in the playoffs is suppose to make them any less of a phony? Lmfao, wtf is wrong with you

The fact that the Clippers beating a SA team without Parker being an achievement, and two of the worst choke jobs I've ever seen and you're "proud" is just cute. You think NBA greats would be "Proud" of getting that close and choking? lol yeah Jordan surely would've. Your logic is:

"Just do better than I expect, then play like **** and I'll be happy"

Losing is nothing, underachieving/choking is something else. Which is clearly my point of this thread.

lol, please
01-21-2018, 12:31 AM
The fact that the Clippers beating a SA team without Parker being an achievement, and two of the worst choke jobs I've ever seen and you're "proud" is just cute. You think NBA greats would be "Proud" of getting that close and choking? lol yeah Jordan surely would've.

Losing is nothing, underachieving is something else. Which is clearly my point of this thread.Think he means when they beat the Dubs without Lee, or Bogut, forgot which it was

LOb0
01-21-2018, 12:32 AM
Think he means when they beat the Dubs without Lee, or Bogut, forgot which it was

I'm bringing up other stuff he said, but if beating that first run GS team is what he's so proud of that's sad in it's own right.

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 12:48 AM
You want a ridiculous stat? When Clint, Harden and Paul play this season, the Rockets are now 17-0, including 2-0 against the Warriors. This team is for real, and it's time to take them seriously.

Lol aw poor MBT... ok yes everyone take this team seriously!

ewing
01-21-2018, 01:04 AM

Taking em to the woodshed Bosstone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
01-21-2018, 01:05 AM
Lol aw poor MBT... ok yes everyone take this team seriously!

Poor me? The Lakers just spent the No. 2 pick on a terrible rookie PG in a stacked draft with the worst daddy issues of probably any player in NBA history. I'm feeling great, dude. I'm worried about you. ;)

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 01:29 AM
Poor me? The Lakers just spent the No. 2 pick on a terrible rookie PG in a stacked draft with the worst daddy issues of probably any player in NBA history. I'm feeling great, dude. I'm worried about you. ;)

Lol I’ve seen 7 NBA Championships been alive for 9 of them lol and if you think Lonzo is actually terrible... well good sir, you haven’t been watching. All I meant was, I know you’re pumped for your team but unfortunately they won’t have enough to win it all. Not when it comes to playoff time.... now, I can however see you guys going deep into the playoffs and coming short... only to have Morey make a 33-35m slot for Lebron James to join you in FA and that year having a very very good chance of beating the Warriors..

Vee-Rex
01-21-2018, 01:37 AM
Definitely.

Would be better if they could have HCA, but it's possible even without it.

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 01:43 AM
Definitely.

Would be better if they could have HCA, but it's possible even without it.

lol you only wish it was! lol I get it, we all hope it's going to happen but without a serious major injury, it's a wrap.

WaDe03
01-21-2018, 02:14 AM
lol you only wish it was! lol I get it, we all hope it's going to happen but without a serious major injury, it's a wrap.

Just like the Cavs coming out of the East.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-21-2018, 02:27 AM
Have to see a Houston/GS Conference Finals to do this season any justice

Chronz
01-21-2018, 03:03 AM
The fact that the Clippers beating a SA team without Parker being an achievement, and two of the worst choke jobs I've ever seen and you're "proud" is just cute. You think NBA greats would be "Proud" of getting that close and choking? lol yeah Jordan surely would've. Your logic is:

"Just do better than I expect, then play like **** and I'll be happy"

Losing is nothing, underachieving/choking is something else. Which is clearly my point of this thread.
Lol, why would I be happier not even coming close? Yes nba greats would rather come closer to victory than get run out the building. Cute that you think otherwise.

What do you mean without Parker ? Dude played, he's just old and everyone knew his status when the spurs were favored. Yes its better to overachieve even if losers like you consider it choking.

Again, step up your troll game. It's sad how quickly you've resorted to changing the focus onto a different team from the one you're suppose to be critiquing. Lmfao, yes 29 other phonies and chokers, or worse yet, they don't even get a chance to choke

Chronz
01-21-2018, 03:07 AM
Think he means when they beat the Dubs without Lee, or Bogut, forgot which it was

You think the dubs were more contenders than those spurs? Lol why would you deduce that? I don't recall the dubs being favored but it was a hard fought series with 2 quality teams. Definitely proud of the team, especially given the Sterling drama surrounding them.

LOb0
01-21-2018, 03:18 AM
Lol, why would I be happier not even coming close? Yes nba greats would rather come closer to victory than get run out the building. Cute that you think otherwise.

What do you mean without Parker ? Dude played, he's just old and everyone knew his status when the spurs were favored. Yes its better to overachieve even if losers like you consider it choking.

Again, step up your troll game. It's sad how quickly you've resorted to changing the focus onto a different team from the one you're suppose to be critiquing. Lmfao, yes 29 other phonies and chokers, or worse yet, they don't even get a chance to choke

Parker's Achilles was totally ****ed that series. Your logic of "They got farther then I thought" basically means they're allowed to choke in historic fashion without criticism.

Clippers run was a failure. They should have won against OKC and Houston. Once you're in the position to win and clearly have the upper hand you don't need to go back to regular season stats and say "oh yeah they're still better". What kind of backwards *** logic do you go by? You can be happy coming close, but not choking when you should've won.

Chronz
01-21-2018, 03:31 AM
Parker's Achilles was totally ****ed that series. Your logic of "They got farther then I thought" basically means they're allowed to choke in historic fashion without criticism.

Clippers run was a failure. They should have won against OKC and Houston. Once you're in the position to win and clearly have the upperhand you don't need to go back to regular season stats and say "oh yeah they're still better". What kind of backwards *** logic do you go by?

CP3 was injured in that final game and the proceeding series, twas a gutsy series where we upset the defending champs and everyone knew tps status when favoring the spurs. Very proud for sure.

And it wasn't about why I thought, it was about talent and probabilities. They shouldn't have beaten OKC cuz they were the better/healthier team, same with Houston. It's not backwards logic at all, i just don't agree with your simplistic logic.

Here's the logic, try to keep up then maybe you can go back to discussing the team you were suppose to op. It's better to come close to victory than not even get there, even if children label it choking. K?

Now let's see if you can get back on track

Chronz
01-21-2018, 03:49 AM
You can either get back on to the topic you're suppose to OP, or you can go in circles for all eternity trying to convince me its better to lose sooner rather than putting up a fight.

Choking to me, only happens when you play beneath your usual level and it leads to losing to inferior teams.

Wake me up when that happens then I'll be disappointed in them losing a kids game lol, oh the horror

CityofTreez
01-21-2018, 03:53 AM
OP can edit thread titles lol

No more phonies?

Scoots
01-21-2018, 10:59 AM
Yes, but that doesn't make it likely.

Mell413
01-21-2018, 11:09 AM
I don't think they have the best odds right now, but I think you can make an argument that they are the 2nd best team in the league. If they were in the East I would have them in the finals. I think their defense is good enough to make a push. Not saying they would beat GS, but I think they can make them work for it.