PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the 2 seeds: Raptors vs. Rockets 7 Game Series- Who ya got?!

Giannis94
01-19-2018, 06:44 PM
So I was looking at standings, and saw another post that I figured this could be a very interesting discussion- as I don't see the Rockets taking down the warriors.

And I am on the record as stating that I believe Bucks vs. Raptors will be the ECf.

So whatever. If these two met in a 7 game series, who you taking?

LOb0
01-19-2018, 06:56 PM
Rockets are phony, but the Raptors are the kings of being phony. Rockets in 6.

Cal827
01-19-2018, 07:12 PM
I would probably pick Houston in 7 games. I feel the discrepancy between Lowry and Paul might be a little too much for Toronto to deal with. While I think he's a little overrated (some people make him seem like he's a multiple time champion), he's still probably the best pure point guard in the league, and even good defenders like Lowry can get potentially exposed by him. He could also frustrate Kyle on the defensive end; I remember what happened last year in game 6 vs the Bucks. The Raptors were up huge, but the Bucks stormed back, some of it thanks to Lowry trying to force things, leading to like 5 turnovers :laugh2: Luckily, Derozan closed the game (and the series) out.

Harden and Derozan are close. Toronto has better depth/defenders, while Houston is good at getting open 3s and have the better 3 point shooters.

** My bad, I picked Raptors in 7 instead of Houston :laugh2:

tredigs
01-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Raps would/will beat everyone in their path other than Golden State if they're healthy.

Edit: Lmao. Misprint. Meant Rox*

D-Leethal
01-19-2018, 07:34 PM
Rockets by murder.

Jamiecballer
01-19-2018, 07:42 PM
Raps would/will beat everyone in their path other than Golden State if they're healthy.

Edit: Lmao. Misprint. Meant Rox*

oh man you are so cruel. some people would edit the post, you leave it in there so you can break our spirits later in the post lol

i will probably take rockets in 6 or 7 as much as it pains me to do so

lol, please
01-19-2018, 07:44 PM

Edit: Lmao. Misprint. Meant Rox*Thought you would have bought into the Raptors by now smh.

I can see either team winning in 7. I would expect the Rockets yo be favored at the bookies though.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

aman_13
01-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Rockets by murder.

Doubt that.

aman_13
01-19-2018, 07:54 PM
Rockets should win but this series would go 6 or 7.

tredigs
01-19-2018, 08:25 PM
oh man you are so cruel. some people would edit the post, you are enjoying breaking the spirits of raptor fans lol

i will probably take rockets in 6 or 7 as much as it pains me to do so

Haha. I don't even mean it as a sleight to the Raptors, I think they're a really solid team. But A) I don't trust them in the playoffs and B) I just think the Rockets have an extremely dangerous all around team this season and would have the two best players in the series.

lol, please
01-19-2018, 08:40 PM
I have no problem calling Paul the best player in that series but I'll take DeRozan over Harden. Yes, Harden is the more potent scorer, but I am not a fan of strong offensive players who aren't above average defensively, and Harden needs to put more work in than 1 season and change before he erases that no defense stigma for me.

I also just find DeRozans game very appealing, even without his 3, and prefer to watch him over most players in the NBA. Production and efficiency aside, I LOVE watching a wet mid range jumper and he always seems to be thinking in real time and adjusting his drive to the rim every time. Defenders expect it and still can't stop it. He's not the only guy in the NBA who can do this of course but his style is the most pleasing to me.

To some, the flash and entertainment factor are irrelevant but to me they never are. I'm the kind of guy who is ok winning less games if I like to watch the players on my team, even if there are better players out there, which is why I didn't feel foolish wanting to keep DLee around - I love his game and never get tired of watching him work.

tredigs
01-19-2018, 08:47 PM
I have no problem calling Paul the best player in that series but I'll take DeRozan over Harden. Yes, Harden is the more potent scorer, but I am not a fan of strong offensive players who aren't above average defensively, and Harden needs to put more work in than 1 season and change before he erases that no defense stigma for me.

I also just find DeRozans game very appealing, even without his 3, and prefer to watch him over most players in the NBA. Production and efficiency aside, I LOVE watching a wet mid range jumper and he always seems to be thinking in real time and adjusting his drive to the rim every time. Defenders expect it and still can't stop it. He's not the only guy in the NBA who can do this of course but his style is the most pleasing to me.

To some, the flash and entertainment factor are irrelevant but to me they never are. I'm the kind of guy who is ok winning less games if I like to watch the players on my team, even if there are better players out there, which is why I didn't feel foolish wanting to keep DLee around - I love his game and never get tired of watching him work

I mean, Harden's an offensive genius and easily the best player in the series. He's in the MVP hunt most seasons for a reason. He's a top 5 player (you can argue him down to top 8, but he's right there).

lol, please
01-19-2018, 08:53 PM
I mean, Harden's an offensive genius and easily the best player in the series. He's in the MVP hunt most seasons for a reason. He's a top 5 player (you can argue him down to top 8, but he's right there).
.Wont deny any of that.

Like I said at the end though, who I actually want to watch day in and day out matters.

If you said to me I had two choices:

72 wins and a title with Harden
60 wins and low seed playoff spot with DeRozan

I'll take the weaker team on paper and weaker projected ceiling, just because I like Demars game that much more.

I can't separate my emotions to the point where I'm like "is player A better than player B? Player A then". I just don't function that way. If I like player B more, I'm going to want player B. Period lol.

tredigs
01-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Wont deny any of that.

Like I said at the end though, who I actually want to watch day in and day out matters.

If you said to me I had two choices:

72 wins and a title with Harden
60 wins and low seed playoff spot with DeRozan

I'll take the weaker team on paper and weaker projected ceiling, just because I like Demars game that much more.

I can't separate my emotions to the point where I'm like "is player A better than player B? Player A then". I just don't function that way. If I like player B more, I'm going to want player B. Period lol.

Fair enough. I gotta be honest though I don't even like Demar's game that much unless he's unleashing his athleticism and smashing on someone. Harden's handles, finishing ability and playmaking make him more appealing to watch to me. Granted, Demar doesn't make me cringe and change channels like Harden has the ability to do.

Sly Guy
01-19-2018, 09:13 PM
Rockets are phony, but the Raptors are the kings of being phony. Rockets in 6.

I lol'd. +1'd for different reasons.

Bostonjorge
01-19-2018, 09:16 PM
Rockets in a easy 4. Maybe 1 game will be competitive.

Legitimate
01-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Raptors in 6, chris paul over rated and past his prime and he'll be hobbling on the court come play off time. Chris "always injured" Paul.... rox would get exposed defensively and i think we got good defenders to protect the premiter than your avg team and raps have bigt man who are fast and athletic on the perimiter.

Legitimate
01-19-2018, 09:39 PM
all our top guns will be well rested and healthy come playoff time, thanks to our deadly bench we got. thats a really huge advantage for us let a lone we probably get home field advantage and already have one ofthe bench home records in the league. all i see is harden and scrubs on houston, mike dantoni has never made it to the finals either as a coach lol.

europagnpilgrim
01-19-2018, 09:57 PM
all our top guns will be well rested and healthy come playoff time, thanks to our deadly bench we got. thats a really huge advantage for us let a lone we probably get home field advantage and already have one ofthe bench home records in the league. all i see is harden and scrubs on houston, mike dantoni has never made it to the finals either as a coach lol.

Man you are talking like the Raptors are in a position to reach a 4th final in 5 years or something, calm down because maybe Casey got there as an assistant but he has never got there as a head coach and if we are comparing head coaches then I think Mike D has more CF trips, if healthy I think Rockets win in 6, if Derozan goes off big time then I could see a 7 game burner won by Rockets