PDA

View Full Version : Best Player of All-Time List (#7)

valade16
01-19-2018, 04:12 PM
So we do a "Top 25 greatest players of all-time list" routinely here on PSD, but I want to do an all-time list of best, not greatest.

What is the difference?

This is not a list that measures a players accolades or career, it is a list of simply, if all the players were at their peak/in their prime/at their best (however you describe it) and all in a draft, who would you take first to play against each other in a draft?

Who are the best players throughout NBA history. You can use stats or accolades to back up your opinion, but this is about who is best, not who made the most All-NBA teams, or who scored the most points, etc. If you think player A is better than player B despite them having a shorter career, vote for player A.

If you wish to vote for someone else, please vote for other and post who you voted for in the comments. If you wish to nominate someone (or multiple people) for the next poll, post in the comments and I will add them if there are at least 2 nominations for that player.

In the event of a tie vote, they will both be listed at that number and the next player will begin where that is left off (for instance, T-6th, T-6th, 8th)

Current List

1. Michael Jordan
2. LeBron James
T3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
T3. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Shaquille O'Neal
6. Magic Johnson

valade16
01-19-2018, 04:13 PM
Magic Johnson narrowly beat out Larry Bird for #6.

GREATNESS ONE
01-19-2018, 04:13 PM
Kobe.

KnicksorBust
01-19-2018, 10:35 PM
Bird's absolute best > Magic's absolute best.

Yall better recognize and stop trying to recreate old lists. I dont know when I am gonna go balls out for Walton but its not far.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-19-2018, 11:32 PM
Walton's peak is like 2 or 3 dozen players away.

FlashBolt
01-20-2018, 05:20 AM
Steph Curry has a very solid case here.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Either Bird or Wade.

Chronz
01-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Bird or Moses

valade16
01-20-2018, 03:30 PM
Bird or Moses

You think Moses was a better player than Duncan or Hakeem? At their best you’d take Moses over them?

Shammyguy3
01-20-2018, 04:22 PM
Steph Curry has a very solid case here.

Third time i have voted for him

Chronz
01-20-2018, 04:52 PM
You think Moses was a better player than Duncan or Hakeem? At their best you’d take Moses over them?
He has the most impressive 2 or 3 year stretch imo.

What would you say stands out most for those guys by comparison.

KnicksorBust
01-21-2018, 10:50 AM
Walton's peak is like 2 or 3 dozen players away.

19ppg-14rpg-5apg-3bpg

Elite rebounding-passing-defense and almost 20ppg. Not enough scoring for you??????

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 11:43 PM
Kobe would eat Bird for Lunch.

ewing
01-21-2018, 11:53 PM
Kobe would eat Bird for Lunch.

You are not smart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
01-22-2018, 12:00 AM
You are not smart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1v1 first to 11, take Bird and I'll take Kobe, watch what happens. Love me some Bird but even Larry knows.. saying quotes like " Kobe only has one MVP, makes me want to give mine back." All the history of players respect and love Kobe.

I really like Bird even though he was the arch enemy of my love team as a kid.

I'll just sit here and laugh when you guys put Kobe at 11-16, kinda hilarious to be honest.

mightybosstone
01-22-2018, 11:06 AM
If we're talking peak production, give me Curry in a slight edge over Bird. Duncan and Hakeem aren't too far behind for me.

KnicksorBust
01-22-2018, 02:09 PM
1v1 first to 11, take Bird and I'll take Kobe, watch what happens. Love me some Bird but even Larry knows.. saying quotes like " Kobe only has one MVP, makes me want to give mine back." All the history of players respect and love Kobe.

I really like Bird even though he was the arch enemy of my love team as a kid.

I'll just sit here and laugh when you guys put Kobe at 11-16, kinda hilarious to be honest.

Using 1v1 to pick your GOAT players. :laugh:

If we're talking peak production, give me Curry in a slight edge over Bird. Duncan and Hakeem aren't too far behind for me.

So I wanted Bird over Magic but I am happy with him here. The next one is crazy. Do you really want Curry over peak Duncan? The leadership...not needing the ball...amazing screens...moving the ball...impact on both ends of the floor...scoring/rebounding/elite rim protection

mightybosstone
01-22-2018, 04:29 PM
So I wanted Bird over Magic but I am happy with him here. The next one is crazy. Do you really want Curry over peak Duncan? The leadership...not needing the ball...amazing screens...moving the ball...impact on both ends of the floor...scoring/rebounding/elite rim protection
Yes. Because peak Curry, like 2015-16 Curry, is/was absolutely terrifying with the basketball in his hands. There's something about seeing a player catch a pass 30 feet from the basket and having your heart sink the second the ball leaves his hand that is just impossible to replicate. Duncan was an excellent two-way player who did all the little things right. But I can get the "little things" from other guys. I can't get a guy who hits a contested 28-footer in transition like it's a layup.

And on top of that, peak Curry's numbers are just better. That 2015-16 season is probably one of the 10 greatest seasons in the history of the NBA, and while his other seasons haven't quite matched that, they've come close. Consider that over his four-year peak, he won two MVPs, two titles and averaged 25/7/5/2 with otherworldly efficiency.