PDA

View Full Version : All Star Starters In - Curry V Lebron Captains

tredigs
01-18-2018, 09:00 PM

Here are the rules for team captains LeBron James (Eastern Conference) and Stephen Curry (West) to choose their rosters for the 2018 All-Star Game in Los Angeles.

* Starters (First Round): The remaining eight All-Star starters -- Kyrie Irving, Giannis Antetokounmpo, DeMar DeRozan and Joel Embiid from the East, and Kevin Durant, James Harden, Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins from the West -- will be drafted, regardless of conference.

* Reserves (Second Round): The fourteen players named as All-Star reserves, to be revealed on Jan. 23 (TNT, 7 p.m. ET), will be drafted, regardless of conference.

* James, as the overall vote leader, will pick first in the First Round. Curry will pick first in the Second Round. Picks will alternate until all players in that round have been selected.

* By the end of the draft, each captain will have a team of 12 ó the captain himself and 11 teammates. Each team must have a minimum of three guards on its roster by the conclusion of the draft.

tredigs
01-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Decent twist on a tired game IMO. We could see a little resurgence of energy this year, especially if Curry and LBJ get a side bet going.

warfelg
01-18-2018, 09:04 PM
Embiid is going to bring it. And Rihanna as his date.

Hinkie will be quietly laughing in the corner.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-18-2018, 09:09 PM
Decent twist on a tired game IMO. We could see a little resurgence of energy this year, especially if Curry and LBJ get a side bet going.

Pretty sure that's not allowed in the NBA.

valade16
01-18-2018, 09:12 PM
The NBA knows how to drum up ratings, a Curry v LeBron showdown angle is a nice touch.

It's pretty incredible to think that Curry is drafting an All-Star team and could realistically draft a starting 5 worse than his actual team :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
01-18-2018, 09:19 PM
This is real bad for the warriors... If Bron picks Durant durant might love how great a player he is and jump teams come next year.

tredigs
01-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Pretty sure that's not allowed in the NBA.

Yeah those NBA guys aren't really known for makings bets ; )

This is the kind of stuff that you find out about behind the scenes a couple years down the line.

More-Than-Most
01-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Also JOEL THE FUTURE MVP AND DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR EMBEAST

More-Than-Most
01-18-2018, 09:23 PM

This is the kind of stuff that you find out about behind the scenes a couple years down the line.

what happens if lebron picks a Giannis and right after curry picks davis???? with how quickly durant lets his feelings get hurt there could be trouble : )

tredigs
01-18-2018, 09:29 PM
what happens if lebron picks a Giannis and right after curry picks davis???? with how quickly durant lets his feelings get hurt there could be trouble : )

? IDK. I'm more curious what happens if Lebron picks Kyrie and Kyrie demands a trade to the Curry squad at halftime. Could be a fantastic All Star Game!

Giannis94
01-18-2018, 09:31 PM
Also JOEL THE FUTURE MVP AND DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR EMBEAST
He's nothing you said above. But he is a GOD. A God that you hsve to believe in..

Giannis94
01-18-2018, 09:33 PM
LeGm can't **** up a franchise if he's picking from all Stars.

Giannis94
01-18-2018, 09:35 PM
This is real bad for the warriors... If Bron picks Durant durant might love how great a player he is and jump teams come next year.

Yeah but it won't be in Cleveland. Cleveland doesn't deserve Durant. MKE with Giannis could be fun.

Giannis/LeGm /KD. And hope you can keep one of Bledsoe or Middleton

Htownballa1622
01-18-2018, 09:36 PM
Thanks for making the thread. I was going to make it but add a twist.

Should we predict the teams or who will pick who?

Lebron1: Davis
Steph1: Durant
Lebron2: Harden
Steph2: Giannis
Lebron3: Cousins
Steph3: Kyrie
Lebron4: Demar
Steph4: Embiid

Lebron, Davis, Harden,Cousins, Demar
Steph, Durant, Giannis, Kyrie, Embiid

Bench:

Lebron5:Cp3
Steph5:Green
Lebron6:love
Steph6:Klay
Lebron7:Westbrook
Steph7: Horford
Lebron8:Jimmy
Steph8:Kristaps
Lebron9:Lamarcus
Steph9:Beal
Lebron10:Lowry
Steph10:Oladipo

Cp3, love, westbrook, jimmy, lamarcus, lowry(lebron)
Green, Klay, Horford, Kristaps, Beal, Oladipo(Steph)

Just winging it.

Edit:left off paul george and added cp3 but if not, just switch the two. I feel cp3>pg13 but injuries may play part.

Giannis94
01-18-2018, 09:43 PM

Lebron, Davis, Harden,Cousins, Demar
Steph, Durant, Giannis, Kyrie, Embiid

Bench:

Lebron5:Cp3
Steph5:Green
Lebron6:love
Steph6:Klay
Lebron7:Westbrook
Steph7: Horford
Lebron8:Jimmy
Steph8:Kristaps
Lebron9:Lamarcus
Steph9:Beal
Lebron10:Lowry
Steph10:Oladipo

Cp3, love, westbrook, jimmy, lamarcus, lowry(lebron)
Green, Klay, Horford, Kristaps, Beal, Oladipo(Steph)

Just winging it.

Edit:left off paul george and added cp3 but if not, just switch the two. I feel cp3>pg13 but injuries may play part.

Thst first team might need 8-9 basketballs. Second team looks like it could flow in real life nicely

Raps08-09 Champ
01-18-2018, 09:50 PM

Sure they can do it but it's still not allowed.

I think they've suspended guys in leagues before for betting on games they played in.

Htownballa1622
01-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Thst first team might need 8-9 basketballs. Second team looks like it could flow in real life nicely

I just picked off starters vs reserves. I think that's how it has to be picked.

lol, please
01-18-2018, 09:53 PM
Decent twist on a tired game IMO. We could see a little resurgence of energy this year, especially if Curry and LBJ get a side bet going.I struggle to see the point of it all.

If I understand correctly, players from the west can be picked for the east? Wtf is the point of east vs West then?

The all star game was always trash, but I feel they went in the opposite direction here and made it even worse, not more meaningful.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Htownballa1622
01-18-2018, 09:59 PM
It'll be interesting to see the clicks.

Some neutral guys are interesting like kristaps, Giannis, embiid.

But we know Steph will have kd,klay,green

While LeBron will have his guys like love and anyone against gsw(harden,west brook)

Bostonjorge
01-18-2018, 10:05 PM
James will pick Durant first

BKLYNpigeon
01-18-2018, 10:05 PM
I hope Curry doesn't pick Kyrie at all so he ends up on Lebrun's team. lol

tredigs
01-18-2018, 11:20 PM
I struggle to see the point of it all.

If I understand correctly, players from the west can be picked for the east? Wtf is the point of east vs West then?

The all star game was always trash, but I feel they went in the opposite direction here and made it even worse, not more meaningful.

Had to switch it up after it was shown they could clearly give two about East V West. A twist is fun here and there. My ideal (that I think they're ready for now) is USA versus World.

LeonFSU
01-19-2018, 12:03 AM
I hope Curry doesn't pick Kyrie at all so he ends up on Lebrun's team. lol

LeBron picks first so he can not pick Irving and leave him as the last pick for Curry.

lol, please
01-19-2018, 12:05 AM
Had to switch it up after it was shown they could clearly give two about East V West. A twist is fun here and there. My ideal (that I think they're ready for now) is USA versus World.I liked the east vs West idea, I just wish there was more at stake for that game.

IKnowHoops
01-19-2018, 12:06 AM
I struggle to see the point of it all.

Code for: He's mad that Curry isn't locked to play with the most talent by far and thus be exposed

goingfor28
01-19-2018, 12:08 AM
Would love to see KD be last pick, just to see how upset he gets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
01-19-2018, 12:08 AM
James will pick Durant first

Exactly.

James will have
Durant/AD/Gianni's/Bron in his starting five and they will pound

tredigs
01-19-2018, 12:45 AM
Code for: He's mad that Curry isn't locked to play with the most talent by far and thus be exposed

Just like he's been exposed his whole life!

... oh wait : / Always been the beast. eff.

tredigs
01-19-2018, 12:45 AM
Exactly.

James will have
Durant/AD/Gianni's/Bron in his starting five and they will pound

Pull your pants up big guy.

AllBall
01-19-2018, 01:42 AM

I reckon Westbrook gets picked first.

Edit: My bad, I misread the OP. I thought they could pick from any available all stars.

GREATNESS ONE
01-19-2018, 01:58 AM
I reckon Westbrook gets picked first.

Lebron: Durant
Curry: Davis
Lebron: Kyrie
Curry: Harden
Lebron: Giannis
Curry: Cousins
Lebron: Embiid
Curry: Derozan

tredigs
01-19-2018, 02:15 AM

Lebron will take Harden

Curry will take Giannis or KD

Lebron will take AD or Giannis

Curry will take KD or Giannis or AD

Whatever from there.

AllBall
01-19-2018, 02:39 AM

My bad, I misread the OP. I thought they could pick from any available all stars.

More-Than-Most
01-19-2018, 03:48 AM
https://streamable.com/pvbd3

Embiid throwing it down on rihanna lol

Heediot
01-19-2018, 09:29 AM
Bron will take AD as first pick
Curry will take KD as first pick

doesn't matter who picks first between the two, just a gut feeling.

Vee-Rex
01-19-2018, 12:58 PM
If I was LeBron I'd take Giannis with the 1st pick. Giannis always thrives in all-star no-defense formats.

Steph would of course take KD

Then I'd draft Harden to add some padding to the anti-Steph/KD movement.

Steph would take AD.

Then if I was Bron I'd take Embiid for some good ole trash talking.

The rest don't matter.

TrueFan420
01-19-2018, 01:04 PM
Bron's gonna get to litterally draft a team of all stars and still won't have enough talent to win

Giannis94
01-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Bron's gonna get to litterally draft a team of all stars and still won't have enough talent to win

He's already done that, doe

Chronz
01-19-2018, 01:46 PM
Umm both teams are literally littered with all stars

Chronz
01-19-2018, 01:46 PM
Literally never done that doe

nastynice
01-19-2018, 01:58 PM

lol, this is the LeBron all star game. Hand pick an all star cast so you can discuss who to trade before the deadline every year 😂

nastynice
01-19-2018, 01:58 PM

That's why he's captain

hugepatsfan
01-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Durant's gonna switch jersey's at halftime if his team is losing.

GREATNESS ONE
01-19-2018, 02:05 PM

:laugh2:

aman_13
01-19-2018, 02:15 PM
I'd like to see Durant play with LeBron.

mightybosstone
01-19-2018, 02:23 PM
I actually think the selection of the players has the potential for more drama than the game itself. Here are some things that jump out to me for potential drama:

1. Where does KD go? If Lebron takes him first, there's not much drama, although it will be interesting to potentially see Warriors players playing against each other on separate teams. But if Lebron doesn't take him first, doesn't Steph have to draft him second? And if he doesn't, is there drama around the fact that Steph didn't draft his teammate first.

2. Kyrie vs. Lebron. How will that dynamic play out? There aren't a ton of playmaking guards among those eight players, and if Harden gets drafted by Steph, then doesn't Lebron kinda have to consider taking Irving? I could see a scenario where Steph doesn't take Kyrie because he feels like he has PG covered, but Lebron refuses to draft Kyrie with his last pick, so Kyrie ends up on Steph's team anyway. The media circus around that would be huge.

3. What if Lebron takes Harden first? I could see there being a zillion stories surrounding Lebron's potential friendship with him and how the selection makes his potential destination in Houston in the offseason more likely (whether it's justified or not).

4. Who gets "picked" last? That will probably be a little embarrassing for that guy. It's the first ever All-Star game draft, and your team got stuck with you. Wouldn't that guy be playing in the All-Star game with a huge chip on his shoulder?

Seriously, though, this is fascinating to me. And I can't even imagine how many more potential storylines will come up once the reserves are known. If this isn't a televised event, it absolutely needs to be. I want this to be a live hour-long event on TNT with Charles and Kenny breaking down each pick in front of a live studio audience to "oohs" and "uh ohs" with every selection. This needs to be a thing.

Giannis94
01-19-2018, 02:28 PM
Literally never done that doe
I shouldn't have to explain this to you, hommie. You know what we talking about, doe.

LeGm did that when he signed in Miami and got his crew together. Bosh and Wade are all Stars. They were super stars. Probably 3 top 15 players in the league. And it worked for a while.

this time with the cavs he opted for moves that favored his buddies opposed to pure basketball talent (kyrie situation, Jr contract, tt contract)

Sowwy doe, it's true.

Jamiecballer
01-19-2018, 02:31 PM
I must be the only one here who thinks that the league ****ed this up bad by denying us the chance to see the teams selected. when you remove that it's both less interesting and highly suspect. IMO.

tredigs
01-19-2018, 02:32 PM
I actually think the selection of the players has the potential for more drama than the game itself. Here are some things that jump out to me for potential drama:

1. Where does KD go? If Lebron takes him first, there's not much drama, although it will be interesting to potentially see Warriors players playing against each other on separate teams. But if Lebron doesn't take him first, doesn't Steph have to draft him second? And if he doesn't, is there drama around the fact that Steph didn't draft his teammate first.

2. Kyrie vs. Lebron. How will that dynamic play out? There aren't a ton of playmaking guards among those eight players, and if Harden gets drafted by Steph, then doesn't Lebron kinda have to consider taking Irving? I could see a scenario where Steph doesn't take Kyrie because he feels like he has PG covered, but Lebron refuses to draft Kyrie with his last pick, so Kyrie ends up on Steph's team anyway. The media circus around that would be huge.

3. What if Lebron takes Harden first? I could see there being a zillion stories surrounding Lebron's potential friendship with him and how the selection makes his potential destination in Houston in the offseason more likely (whether it's justified or not).

4. Who gets "picked" last? That will probably be a little embarrassing for that guy. It's the first ever All-Star game draft, and your team got stuck with you. Wouldn't that guy be playing in the All-Star game with a huge chip on his shoulder?

Seriously, though, this is fascinating to me. And I can't even imagine how many more potential storylines will come up once the reserves are known. If this isn't a televised event, it absolutely needs to be. I want this to be a live hour-long event on TNT with Charles and Kenny breaking down each pick in front of a live studio audience to "oohs" and "uh ohs" with every selection. This needs to be a thing.

Totally agree, and for all those reasons, I am very confident this will not be televised. Players (and their brands) are too thin skinned to be "embarrassed" on National TV like that. Nike does not want to see Kyrie picked last. So, they won't let us see him picked last.

lol, please
01-19-2018, 02:58 PM

Seriously, though, this is fascinating to me. And I can't even imagine how many more potential storylines will come up once the reserves are known. If this isn't a televised event, it absolutely needs to be. I want this to be a live hour-long event on TNT with Charles and Kenny breaking down each pick in front of a live studio audience to "oohs" and "uh ohs" with every selection. This needs to be a thing.Sorry to burst your bubble but the selection order won't be televised or announced, to avoid that very drama some of you girls get off on so much, and I think it's a good thing.

The full teams will be announced and that's it, and it's a good thing frankly. So tired of the media produced narrative between LeBron and the Warriors, only the media and bandwagon fans consider that a rivalry, true Dubs fans only care about our rivalries with the Lakers and Rockets.

A finals where the Warriors face a different team and with no LeBron will be refreshing and long overdue.

Chronz
01-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Durant's gonna switch jersey's at halftime if his team is losing.

Lol. Nah hell just quit, get beat, try the next team another year. Hell, he'll find a way to circumvent the voting process and join the team that's about to win at the last minute

Chronz
01-19-2018, 03:35 PM
I shouldn't have to explain this to you, hommie. You know what we talking about, doe.

LeGm did that when he signed in Miami and got his crew together. Bosh and Wade are all Stars. They were super stars. Probably 3 top 15 players in the league. And it worked for a while.

this time with the cavs he opted for moves that favored his buddies opposed to pure basketball talent (kyrie situation, Jr contract, tt contract)

Sowwy doe, it's true.
Nope, drafting a team of all-star would lead to far more talent. Bron could've joined several teams more ready to win. He hooked up with his bff in Miami and then went back home to a lotto team with assets. Far from what you alluded to. Step your hatorade game up plz.

Chronz
01-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but the selection order won't be televised or announced, to avoid that very drama some of you girls get off on so much, and I think it's a good thing.

The full teams will be announced and that's it, and it's a good thing frankly. So tired of the media produced narrative between LeBron and the Warriors, only the media and bandwagon fans consider that a rivalry, true Dubs fans only care about our rivalries with the Lakers and Rockets.

A finals where the Warriors face a different team and with no LeBron will be refreshing and long overdue.

Girls? I'm sorry, coming from a fan of kd who actually acted with female tendencies, you can see why no one objective would care

Heediot
01-19-2018, 03:42 PM
It's be nice if LeBron trolls Durant, by picking him first and then Westbrook and PG as 2 guys from the reserves. That would make it intriguing.

Heediot
01-19-2018, 03:47 PM
I must be the only one here who thinks that the league ****ed this up bad by denying us the chance to see the teams selected. when you remove that it's both less interesting and highly suspect. IMO.

True dat. Could be a lot of politicking and crap behind the scenes. It's just an exhibition. They'll get ratings, so why not? It should be about the fans and not the players.

smith&wesson
01-19-2018, 04:07 PM
Prediction:

Lebron picks Durant
Curry picks Giannis
Lebron picks Harden
Curry picks Davis
Lebron picks Irving
Curry picks Embid
Lebron picks Cousins
Curry picks Derozan

LeonFSU
01-19-2018, 04:13 PM
I really don't expect LeBron to pick Durant or Irving.

LeonFSU
01-19-2018, 04:20 PM
I could see it something like:

LJ: AD
SC: KD
LJ: Harden
SC: Giannis
LJ: Cousins
SC: Embiid
LJ: Derozan
SC: Irving

OR

LJ: Giannis
SC: KD
LJ: AD
SC: Harden
LJ: Cousins
SC: Embiid
LJ: Derozan
SC: Irving

I really think Irving will be last because LeBron won't pick him and Curry is a PG. If Irving is on Curry's team it'll be obvious he was chosen last.

Giannis94
01-19-2018, 04:24 PM
I think LeGm picks kyrie first. Men's their relationship and then joins the Celtics in the off-season

warfelg
01-19-2018, 04:24 PM
I think James is going to take Embiid over Cousins.

I can see LJ taking Harden 1st, Giannis with his 2nd, then Embiid, Derozen Last.

TrueFan420
01-19-2018, 04:31 PM
Nope, drafting a team of all-star would lead to far more talent. Bron could've joined several teams more ready to win. He hooked up with his bff in Miami and then went back home to a lotto team with assets. Far from what you alluded to. Step your hatorade game up plz.

What team could he have joined that year that was more ready than Miami? When he joined Miami he was joining two players in Wade and Bosh that were top 5 and top 15 respectively. No other team could have offered that. Then a bunch of vets flocked to them on vet min deals. I'd love to know what better option was on the table then that, let alone several options.

lol, please
01-19-2018, 04:32 PM
What team could he have joined that year that was more ready than Miami? When he joined Miami he was joining two players in Wade and Bosh that were top 5 and top 15 respectively. No other team could have offered that. Then a bunch of vets flocked to them on vet min deals. I'd love to know what better option was on the table then that, let alone several options.None.

Let Chronz live in this fantasy land where LeChoke isn't a ring chasing, team hopping, super team building, stoneless **** boy athletic talent who can't win without riding the coattails of other stars.

aman_13
01-19-2018, 04:45 PM
I think James is going to take Embiid over Cousins.

I can see LJ taking Harden 1st, Giannis with his 2nd, then Embiid, Derozen Last.

I would cry if i found out DeMar was taken last. And then hate LeBron and Curry forever lol.

mightybosstone
01-19-2018, 04:45 PM
None.

Let Chronz live in this fantasy land where LeChoke isn't a ring chasing, team hopping, super team building, stoneless **** boy athletic talent who can't win without riding the coattails of other stars.

Lebron doesn't ride coattails, chief. Other players ride his. His coattails are made from the hide of exotic animals, are like 12 feet long and lined with gold and jewels. He has to have servants carry them when we walks because they're so heavy.

aman_13
01-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Although DeMar could use it as motivation so it might not be the worst thing.

I think we will find out some how who got picked last.

aman_13
01-19-2018, 04:48 PM
I think LeGm picks kyrie first. Men's their relationship and then joins the Celtics in the off-season

Lol

aman_13
01-19-2018, 04:49 PM

I bet we will find out some how. The media will get someone to leak it.

valade16
01-19-2018, 04:51 PM
What team could he have joined that year that was more ready than Miami? When he joined Miami he was joining two players in Wade and Bosh that were top 5 and top 15 respectively. No other team could have offered that. Then a bunch of vets flocked to them on vet min deals. I'd love to know what better option was on the table then that, let alone several options.

I don't know about more ready than Miami to win but LeBron could have gone to Chicago with Wade. That team had a young Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah not to mention players like Deng (back when he was good) and Taj Gibson. That was certainly a strong option.

mightybosstone
01-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but the selection order won't be televised or announced, to avoid that very drama some of you girls get off on so much, and I think it's a good thing.

Lighten up, dude. Just because you don't enjoy the occasional narrative that goes beyond basketball doesn't mean the rest of us can't. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of every story that gets overplayed and shoved down my throat as a fan. But the stories outside of the sports themselves are often what make the sports great. And the All-Star game isn't even about the athletics on display half the time. Who cares about an All-Star game with a final score of like 155-140? Nobody cares.

Also, you've got to get over this whole "there isn't a rivalry between Lebron and the Warriors." Pop quiz: Since you've been alive, how many times have the same two teams met three straight years in the championship of ANY major professional or collegiate team sport? I'm not going to take the time to do the research, but I'm going to go ahead and bet that the answer is one. Golden State and Cleveland.

Chronz
01-19-2018, 05:06 PM
What team could he have joined that year that was more ready than Miami?
The team that beat him for one, several others as well.

When he joined Miami he was joining two players in Wade and Bosh that were top 5 and top 15 respectively.
Maybe, sadly you need more than a top heavy roster to win, then you consider wades age, how bosh ended the season and how he didn't want to play that role anymore and it's clear as day the differences between drafting a super team vs building a championship contender.

No other team could have offered that. Then a bunch of vets flocked to them on vet min deals. I'd love to know what better option was on the table then that, let alone several options.

Vets would eventually flock wherever he went so you're only enhancing my argument.
And why would I be impressed with such a simplistic take? Bron created a decent team in Miami but it's a FAR cry from drafting a super team, that is unless you're dumb enough to think 3 players makes a team or that I should ignore the powers that already exist. You're also asking me to ignore usage and role, lots of players would've been better fits with so much overlap in the Iso department. Sorry, can't do it playa

Chronz
01-19-2018, 05:07 PM
None.

I think you meant +1. Easily refuted his post if you care to try for him, or just stick to cosigning

Chronz
01-19-2018, 05:11 PM
On the real, it brings me alot of joy to see you dubs fans band together like this. Really lets me know I'm on the right track of impartiality . I haven't seen this since i tried to convince Lakers fans their boy wasn't that good.

Giannis94
01-19-2018, 05:26 PM
On the real, it brings me alot of joy to see you dubs fans band together like this. Really lets me know I'm on the right track of impartiality . I haven't seen this since i tried to convince Lakers fans their boy wasn't that good.

We talking about Kobe, or who?

Chronz
01-19-2018, 05:29 PM
We talking about Kobe, or who?
Yes, he never reached Shaqs lofty standards despite the outcry

Giannis94
01-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Yes, he never reached Shaqs lofty standards despite the outcry
And he wouldn't be viewed the same way if he did what he did during the #metoo movement. He took the easy way out though.

Chronz
01-19-2018, 05:33 PM
And he wouldn't be viewed the same way if he did what he did during the #metoo movement. He took the easy way out though.
Metoo is a feminazis and cucks movement. Kobe is not kd, that much I will agree with.

Giannis94
01-19-2018, 05:38 PM
Metoo is a feminazis and cucks movement. Kobe is not kd, that much I will agree with.

We gon have da Lakers fans in here shortly. They've been extremely non existent this year. They're all staying in their own forum. It's kinda nice actually. But I feel like they're about to come out stinging. Like a bunch of mad bees after kobeownsu posts this thread in their forum

Vinny642
01-19-2018, 05:40 PM
First time we had 2 All Stars since CP3 and West when the game was played in New Orleans.

The game is gonna be boring af but I am glad NO's two big men getting starter recognition.

tredigs
01-19-2018, 08:01 PM
First time we had 2 All Stars since CP3 and West when the game was played in New Orleans.

The game is gonna be boring af but I am glad NO's two big men getting starter recognition.

Gotta say I'm not a fan of the Pels having two All Star starters. LMA should be in place of Cousins imo. But, that's the fans choice.

lol, please
01-19-2018, 08:10 PM
If mightybosstone was in charge of the all star selection King Klay would never be selected because in the world of mightybosstone, historically great 3 and D SG's can't be stars

:rolleyes:

TrueFan420
01-19-2018, 11:16 PM
The team that beat him for one, several others as well.

Maybe, sadly you need more than a top heavy roster to win, then you consider wades age, how bosh ended the season and how he didn't want to play that role anymore and it's clear as day the differences between drafting a super team vs building a championship contender.

Vets would eventually flock wherever he went so you're only enhancing my argument.
And why would I be impressed with such a simplistic take? Bron created a decent team in Miami but it's a FAR cry from drafting a super team, that is unless you're dumb enough to think 3 players makes a team or that I should ignore the powers that already exist. You're also asking me to ignore usage and role, lots of players would've been better fits with so much overlap in the Iso department. Sorry, can't do it playa

The Celtics didn't have cap space or assists to make a deal work. And the Cavs were not willing to trade him. You still have not listed the several teams.

Obviously drafting is ideal but building isn't an issue if you get the right pieces. Wade was a top 3 player. His injuries were unfortunate but Bron doesn't get a pass for something happen after he joined. Bosh was top 15 player and playing well. He may not have been the ideal fit with both but would have perfect with just one.

Vets flocking to a team doesn't enhance your argument. They'd go whereever they thought they'd win a ring. Before they teamed up it was Boston. After the super team it was the Heat. Miami was the best situation.

Miami wasn't just a decent team. It was the best player in the NBA, a top 3 player and a top 15 player. They also had Haslem who was a very good role player. And signed other top role players like Juan Howard, Ilgauskas, Mike Miller, Stackhouse, James Jones, Mike Bibby. They weren't lacking talent. They were more than 3 players.

As for their overlapping talents no ****. Obviously it's easier to avoid that by drafting a team vs building but the Celtics built theirs without issue. The difference is the Celtics were built by people who knew what they were doing. Miami was the super friends teaming up and then adding pieces after. It took Bron time to figure out he wants to play a certain way and needed to target different types of players.

Its obvious the Warriors got it right. But that's irrelevant to what I'm asking you. You said there was several better options than teaming up with Wade and Bosh in Miami. You have yet to name one option was actually an option at the time.

TrueFan420
01-19-2018, 11:24 PM
I don't know about more ready than Miami to win but LeBron could have gone to Chicago with Wade. That team had a young Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah not to mention players like Deng (back when he was good) and Taj Gibson. That was certainly a strong option.

Wade flirted with the Bulls but didn't want to leave Miami as I recall. That option wouldn't have included Bosh either. The 3 wanted to play together. Also Bron wanted no part of going to the Bulls where they have horrible management and more importantly be in the shadow of MJ. He wanted to surpass MJ which is why they said the whole not 1, 2, 3 but 7 rings.

Miami was clearly the best option when you also take into account that they all took pay cuts to team up. The lack of taxes balanced out the money they gave up and taxes in other city's. Also the presence of Pat Riley was huge when Bron was coming from the poorly ran Cavs.

GREATNESS ONE
01-20-2018, 02:48 AM
None.

Lol **** the Warriors but best **** is all the Lebron decade+ nut huggers trying to say he didnít do the same ****. Iíll save it for the Finals, **** yaíll for most likely winning it lol but Lebron in another loss is going to be classic.

FlashBolt
01-20-2018, 05:08 AM
The NBA knows how to drum up ratings, a Curry v LeBron showdown angle is a nice touch.

It's pretty incredible to think that Curry is drafting an All-Star team and could realistically draft a starting 5 worse than his actual team :laugh2:

Lmao... this is shockingly the truth. Curry might end up with a worse starting five than the one he has currently with the Warriors. I think a KD vs LeBron would have been better just because LeBron has destroyed Curry in the Finals every time whereas KD is evenly matched.

FlashBolt
01-20-2018, 05:10 AM
Watch LeBron get KD+Green+Klay on his team lmao...

mightybosstone
01-20-2018, 09:07 AM
If mightybosstone was in charge of the all star selection King Klay would never be selected because in the world of mightybosstone, historically great 3 and D SG's can't be stars

:rolleyes:

Mmm.... That's not really true. I did say I didn't really think Thompson was a star in a traditional sense, but that doesn't mean that I don't think he should ever get to play in an All-Star game.

I said in that thread that I thought he was the 5th best SG in the league right now. That's still damn good. Now, does that mean he deserves to be an All-Star this season? Depends. In terms of guards, I'd put Harden, Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Lillard and Butler ahead of him. That's already six guards, but only two of those guys are shooting guards, and the West isn't super deep at small forward, with only Durant and George (just barely) ahead of Thompson this season with Leonard unable to get healthy.

If I were running the All-Star game, I wouldn't care as much about positions since the game has evolved to everyone playing more positionless basketball. He'd probably crack my squad in the West, since there aren't as many dominant big men. Davis, Boogie, Aldridge and Green are all locks for me. With two spots left, I'd probably give one to Klay.

Edit: I just totally forgot about Durant when I was doing my math, so there's actually only one spot available in this scenario. It'd be a toss up for me between Thompson, George, KAT and Lou Will. KAT has the numbers, Thompson has the team success, George is probably the best player of the four and Lou Will has the best narrative.

Scoots
01-20-2018, 11:00 AM
I think player votes should be removed from all award votes. They don't take it serious at all. There are fans who don't take it seriously but there are so many more who do the bad ones are overwhelmed, but players votes are a joke.

Jahlil Okafor got 3 players votes to start in the all-star game.
Cole Aldrich got 3 players votes to start in the all-star game.
Quincy Acy got 2 players votes to start in the all-star game.

Player votes were added because Zaza Pachulia almost got voted a starter by the country of Georgia and the NBA figured adding player votes would make sure the stupidity stopped.

Kawhi Leonard has played in 9 minutes limited games this year. The media gave him 0 votes. They are the only ones who got it right. The fans gave him the 6th most in the Western Conference front court voting, and the players put him 8th.

Maybe it should just 70% media and 15% fans and 15% players.

Total voting results: http://pr.nba.com/2018-nba-all-star-game-starters-voting-results/

Scoots
01-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Mmm.... That's not really true. I did say I didn't really think Thompson was a star in a traditional sense, but that doesn't mean that I don't think he should ever get to play in an All-Star game.

I said in that thread that I thought he was the 5th best SG in the league right now. That's still damn good. Now, does that mean he deserves to be an All-Star this season? Depends. In terms of guards, I'd put Harden, Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Lillard and Butler ahead of him. That's already six guards, but only two of those guys are shooting guards, and the West isn't super deep at small forward, with only Durant and George (just barely) ahead of Thompson this season with Leonard unable to get healthy.

If I were running the All-Star game, I wouldn't care as much about positions since the game has evolved to everyone playing more positionless basketball. He'd probably crack my squad in the West, since there aren't as many dominant big men. Davis, Boogie, Aldridge and Green are all locks for me. With two spots left, I'd probably give one to Klay.

I'd put Harden, Butler, and Curry above Klay. Paul and Westbrook I just don't like ... Paul as a person and Westbrook for his game.

The media and the players generally agree with you though, although they rate Paul equal to Klay and Lillard behind. http://pr.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2018/01/2018-NBA-All-Star-Starter-West-Guard-Final-Voting-Results.pdf

Scoots
01-20-2018, 11:09 AM
Watch LeBron get KD+Green+Klay on his team lmao...

I kind of wish LeBron had not been the top vote getter, it would have been funny for Steph to draft LeBron (not that he likely would have been able to though since he kind of has to take KD if he's available and then whoever was the other captain would almost certainly take LeBron).

warfelg
01-20-2018, 11:53 AM
I think player votes should be removed from all award votes. They don't take it serious at all. There are fans who don't take it seriously but there are so many more who do the bad ones are overwhelmed, but players votes are a joke.

Jahlil Okafor got 3 players votes to start in the all-star game.
Cole Aldrich got 3 players votes to start in the all-star game.
Quincy Acy got 2 players votes to start in the all-star game.

Player votes were added because Zaza Pachulia almost got voted a starter by the country of Georgia and the NBA figured adding player votes would make sure the stupidity stopped.

Kawhi Leonard has played in 9 minutes limited games this year. The media gave him 0 votes. They are the only ones who got it right. The fans gave him the 6th most in the Western Conference front court voting, and the players put him 8th.

Maybe it should just 70% media and 15% fans and 15% players.

Total voting results: http://pr.nba.com/2018-nba-all-star-game-starters-voting-results/

I think itís hit a good balance.

You still want fans having the biggest impact in the starting voting. The problem with player voting is they donít know enough.

I would say if you want to change it:
Fans: 50%
Media: 35%
Players: 15%

And I think Player vote should consist of only the top 10 at each spot from fan voting to avoid that random scrub getting votes.

Someone who I first told me this: whatís rife in the player voting is vote trading. They canít vote for themselves. So as an example, say John Wall calls some Kentucky guys, offers a vote in exchange for a place on his ballot.

mightybosstone
01-20-2018, 02:07 PM
I'd put Harden, Butler, and Curry above Klay. Paul and Westbrook I just don't like ... Paul as a person and Westbrook for his game.

The media and the players generally agree with you though, although they rate Paul equal to Klay and Lillard behind. http://pr.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2018/01/2018-NBA-All-Star-Starter-West-Guard-Final-Voting-Results.pdf

OK, but objectively, you can't tell me that Klay Thompson is better than Paul or Westbrook. If it wasn't for Paul missing a good chunk of the first half of the season, it wouldn't even be a debate right now. And Westbrook has struggled this year with a new roster, but he's also unquestionably a better basketball player, regardless of his flaws.

Lillard is a little tougher because Portland is a mediocre basketball team and he hasn't traditionally put up the godly numbers of guys like Paul and Westbrook. But I still don't know how you go about the case of proving Thompson is more deserving that him. Lillard means SIGNIFICANTLY more to those Blazers teams than Thompson does to Golden State, and his numbers and production are in another stratosphere. The only case you can make is on the defensive side of the ball and in terms of team success.

But I kind of think team success is a pretty bogus barometer for an All-Star game. Like if you have two guys with comparable numbers and the guy with the better team gets in, OK. I can live with that. But Lillard's numbers are just significantly better. Like it's not remotely close.

tredigs
01-20-2018, 02:23 PM
OK, but objectively, you can't tell me that Klay Thompson is better than Paul or Westbrook. If it wasn't for Paul missing a good chunk of the first half of the season, it wouldn't even be a debate right now. And Westbrook has struggled this year with a new roster, but he's also unquestionably a better basketball player, regardless of his flaws.

Lillard is a little tougher because Portland is a mediocre basketball team and he hasn't traditionally put up the godly numbers of guys like Paul and Westbrook. But I still don't know how you go about the case of proving Thompson is more deserving that him. Lillard means SIGNIFICANTLY more to those Blazers teams than Thompson does to Golden State, and his numbers and production are in another stratosphere. The only case you can make is on the defensive side of the ball and in terms of team success.

But I kind of think team success is a pretty bogus barometer for an All-Star game. Like if you have two guys with comparable numbers and the guy with the better team gets in, OK. I can live with that. But Lillard's numbers are just significantly better. Like it's not remotely close.

Number difference really isn't that drastic when you consider Klay's near 50/40/90 efficiency for his 21ppg and the fact that he has far, far superior D. You're basically talking about playmaking ability as the level up for Lillard.

mightybosstone
01-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Number difference really isn't that drastic when you consider Klay's near 50/40/90 efficiency for his 21ppg and the fact that he has far, far superior D. You're basically talking about playmaking ability as the level up for Lillard.

I mean, we're talking about four points and four assists per game. That's a pretty huge gap. That's an additional 8-12 points that Lillard is providing his team that Thompson is not. You can't tell me that the difference between Thompson and Lillard alone accounts to 8-12 PPG difference defensively.

lol, please
01-20-2018, 03:25 PM
I mean, we're talking about four points and four assists per game. That's a pretty huge gap. That's an additional 8-12 points that Lillard is providing his team that Thompson is not. You can't tell me that the difference between Thompson and Lillard alone accounts to 8-12 PPG difference defensively.He doesn't NEED to provide more, and when he has needed to step up, he generally does.

It's amusing, and odd that you equate not needing to, to not able to.

They are not one and the same.

Scoots
01-20-2018, 03:25 PM
I think itís hit a good balance.

You still want fans having the biggest impact in the starting voting. The problem with player voting is they donít know enough.

I would say if you want to change it:
Fans: 50%
Media: 35%
Players: 15%

And I think Player vote should consist of only the top 10 at each spot from fan voting to avoid that random scrub getting votes.

Someone who I first told me this: whatís rife in the player voting is vote trading. They canít vote for themselves. So as an example, say John Wall calls some Kentucky guys, offers a vote in exchange for a place on his ballot.

128 players got STARTING votes from players. It's not just a "random scrub". It appears the players feel they have to vote for teammates.

More-Than-Most
01-21-2018, 03:09 AM
Embeast after his all star nod against the celtics and bucks....

celtics- 26/16/6 with 2 blocks and 1 steal with over 50 percent shooting from the field

bucks- 29/9 with 2 blocks and 1 steal over 50 percent shooting

he did this in 32 minutes on the floor each time... sorry porz but you arent even in the same realm as this guy.

On the season embeast is

24/11/3.5 with 2 blocks a game and 49 percent from the field while being one of the best defenders in basketball.

warfelg
01-21-2018, 10:05 AM
128 players got STARTING votes from players. It's not just a "random scrub". It appears the players feel they have to vote for teammates.

Right, which is why I propose taking the top 10 from fan voting and making it so you can only pick from them as a player. Or generate a list of the 5 most frequent starters from every team and that's their list of players to select from.

Basically limit the pool of players that the players themselves can vote from.