PDA

View Full Version : How would this team do against the Warriors in the Finals?

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 12:20 PM
IT/Wade
CJ McCollum/JR
LeBron/Korver
Jeff Green/Mirotic
Jordan/Frye

Would this team be enough to take out the Warriors?

KnicksorBust
01-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Is that a rumored deal? Love/TT and get CJ/Jordan? I think they are better off with Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 12:34 PM
Is that a rumored deal? Love/TT and get CJ/Jordan? I think they are better off with Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson.

Not rumored just throwing some stuff together. Jordan has been linked to the Cavs for the Nets pick and I saw someone link something from The NY Times on another site saying the Blazers are open to splitting up Lillard and CJ for a frontcourt player of the same level. Tried to do something for Lillard but couldn't find anything that made sense for both sides.

So you think the current Cavs are better? I think the offense/defense and even bench play is better with this group.

GREATNESS ONE
01-18-2018, 12:35 PM
4-1 Warriors

KnicksorBust
01-18-2018, 12:35 PM
Not rumored just throwing some stuff together. Jordan has been linked to the Cavs for the Nets pick and I saw someone link something from The NY Times on another site saying the Blazers are open to splitting up Lillard and CJ for a frontcourt player of the same level. Tried to do something for Lillard but couldn't find anything that made sense for both sides.

So you think the current Cavs are better? I think the offense/defense and even bench play is better with this group.

DeAndre guarding a small ball lineup with Draymond or Durant at the 5? Can't do it. You want TT or Love. At least they have done it before. Plus IT/Wade/LeBron... they don't need CJ. He'd just be a spot-up player for them.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 12:39 PM
DeAndre guarding a small ball lineup with Draymond or Durant at the 5? Can't do it. You want TT or Love. At least they have done it before. Plus IT/Wade/LeBron... they don't need CJ. He'd just be a spot-up player for them.

You could be right, just trying to clean up a few weak areas for the Cavs which are defense/rebounding and starting SG but managed to improve the bench as well.

If they go small counter with:

IT-Curry
CJ-Klay
Wade-Iggy
Green or LeBron-KD
LeBron or Mirotic-Green

smith&wesson
01-18-2018, 12:40 PM
so now we can all just make up **** and create threads about our fantasy line ups. cool

PayDaPiper
01-18-2018, 12:44 PM
I think a Love for Carmelo swap helps both sides.

Westbrook, PG13 and Love is a better fit IMO.

Carmelo helps by being able to get his on his own for the Cavs rather than Lebron having to create for everyone at all times

Still doesn't help the Cavs beat the Warriors though. They are simply no where near as scary without Kyrie on that team. They are in serious trouble with that overpaid, aging roster. With Lebron as good as gone, they should definitely keep that Nets pick and start a rebuild next season

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 12:45 PM
so now we can all just make up **** and create threads about our fantasy line ups. cool

Why are your feelings so hurt? All these trades are meet the asking price of the teams involved.

Also, answer my question to you in that Raptors thread. You said I was claiming to be a Raptors fan, when was this?

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 12:46 PM

Carmelo helps by being able to get his on his own for the Cavs rather than Lebron having to create for everyone at all times

Still doesn't help the Cavs beat the Warriors though. They are simply no where near as scary without Kyrie on that team. They are in serious trouble with that overpaid, aging roster. With Lebron as good as gone, they should definitely keep that Nets pick and start a rebuild next season

I don't think it helps the Cavs but I'm very down on Melo after seeing him in OKC.

KnicksorBust
01-18-2018, 12:47 PM

Isn't that the point of having IT and Wade? IT scored almost 30ppg last year. I would hope their play-making is taken care of at that point.

KnicksorBust
01-18-2018, 12:47 PM
I don't think it helps the Cavs but I'm very down on Melo after seeing him in OKC.

Yeah Love is so much better than Carmelo at this point.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 12:49 PM
Actually, do you all think the Cavs could get PG for Love knowing the uncertainty with PG this summer and the fact Love is locked up for another 2 or 3 years?

smith&wesson
01-18-2018, 12:54 PM
Why are your feelings so hurt? All these trades are meet the asking price of the teams involved.

Also, answer my question to you in that Raptors thread. You said I was claiming to be a Raptors fan, when was this?

how are my feelings hurt ? lol your trolling needs work. any one can come up with trade ideas. theres a thread for it. you just need another day job.

GREATNESS ONE
01-18-2018, 12:54 PM
BKN pick for Randle/Clarkson

PayDaPiper
01-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Actually, do you all think the Cavs could get PG for Love knowing the uncertainty with PG this summer and the fact Love is locked up for another 2 or 3 years?

Thats tough, i would think OKC wants to make a run at it with who they have, even with risking losing him after the season for nothing.

KnicksorBust
01-18-2018, 12:55 PM

I don't but that would be a fantastic trade.

PayDaPiper
01-18-2018, 12:57 PM
i really think Cavs end up with Deandre for TT and the Nets pick, Cavs will do anything to try and better their chances at winning for the sake of keeping Lebron at home

PayDaPiper
01-18-2018, 12:58 PM
Demarcous Cousins for Love?

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 12:58 PM
how are my feelings hurt ? lol your trolling needs work. any one can come up with trade ideas. theres a thread for it. you just need another day job.

So you saw I wasn't the one in the Raptors forum so decided to ignore it lmao! I don't need another job, I'm doing pretty damn well at the one I'm at!

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 01:00 PM
Demarcous Cousins for Love?

I wish but I don't think they're going to trade Cousins.

PayDaPiper
01-18-2018, 01:02 PM

Hes a FA after this year though, potentially leaves for nothing

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 01:02 PM
I don't but that would be a fantastic trade.

Maybe if they attached a 1st but I'm not sure how to get another one, I traded Crowder for the 1st that landed Mirotic. Maybe a future 1st and the Thunder view it as a possible Celtics-BKN trade situation.

smith&wesson
01-18-2018, 01:03 PM
So you saw I wasn't the one in the Raptors forum so decided to ignore it lmao! I don't need another job, I'm doing pretty damn well at the one I'm at!

yeah you have been there ... and you don't need to lie about it. its all good. no one cares who you bandwagon. but atleast just man up to it. lying on you makes you look like weak sauce.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 01:04 PM
Hes a FA after this year though, potentially leaves for nothing

Yea true but from what I've read lately, they want to keep him. Who knows though, if they fall off the next 3 weeks they may change their mind. They would have Love locked up for cheaper for multiple years.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 01:06 PM
yeah you have been there ... and you don't need to lie about it. its all good. no one cares who you bandwagon. but atleast just man up to it. lying on you makes you look like weak sauce.

Weak sauce lol, how old are you? Please show me where I was in the Raptors forum acting like a legit Raptors fan. That's complete ******** lol. Why would I lie about it? I'm open as hell with being a Wade bandwagon fan, I have nothing to hide from a bunch of people on an Internet forum.

smith&wesson
01-18-2018, 01:13 PM
Weak sauce lol, how old are you? Please show me where I was in the Raptors forum acting like a legit Raptors fan. That's complete ******** lol. Why would I lie about it? I'm open as hell with being a Wade bandwagon fan, I have nothing to hide from a bunch of people on an Internet forum.

apparently you do.

Vee-Rex
01-18-2018, 01:18 PM

They say that now - sure, but all it really takes is a losing streak before the trade deadline and they're definitely gonna listen to offers.

An offer of Love + Nets pick + Shumpert (who the Pelicans have expressed interest in before) for Cousins + shedding Asik's contract is something that might catch their interest. Not saying the Cavs would be willing to do it, but they're certainly capable of outbidding others for Cousins, mainly because there aren't many other teams desperate enough to trade that much value for what could be a 3 month rental.

To be honest, I believe everyone's posturing right now. Trying not to show their hand 3 weeks before the deadline but that will change very soon. Rumors are already starting to swirl.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 01:56 PM
They say that now - sure, but all it really takes is a losing streak before the trade deadline and they're definitely gonna listen to offers.

An offer of Love + Nets pick + Shumpert (who the Pelicans have expressed interest in before) for Cousins + shedding Asik's contract is something that might catch their interest. Not saying the Cavs would be willing to do it, but they're certainly capable of outbidding others for Cousins, mainly because there aren't many other teams desperate enough to trade that much value for what could be a 3 month rental.

To be honest, I believe everyone's posturing right now. Trying not to show their hand 3 weeks before the deadline but that will change very soon. Rumors are already starting to swirl.

I hope you're right, I would love Cousins. Losing both the Nets pick and love in the same deal would suck but I would try and get another 1st to trade for Mirotic and try to ease the blow of losing love a little.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 01:56 PM
apparently you do.

Please show us. You must have me confused with lol,please.

mightybosstone
01-18-2018, 02:35 PM
I think they'd lose pretty easily. Offensively, I don't see CJ necessarily being a better No. 2 or No. 3 option than Love, and defensively, he does nothing to improve their back court perimeter defense, which is admittedly a problem. The interior defense gets better with Jordan, but Jeff Green has no business playing starting PF on any team in the NBA, much less a contender. He'll get slaughtered on the glass and abused by teams with quality big men at the 4.

Now, Mirotic is certainly an interesting piece, but I have no clue how they pull off a deal to get him. Assuming the Cavs use their two biggest chips by sending Thompson and the Brooklyn pick to LA for DJ and Love to Portland for McCollum, what else do they have left that Chicago would possibly want?

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 02:43 PM
I think they'd lose pretty easily. Offensively, I don't see CJ necessarily being a better No. 2 or No. 3 option than Love, and defensively, he does nothing to improve their back court perimeter defense, which is admittedly a problem. The interior defense gets better with Jordan, but Jeff Green has no business playing starting PF on any team in the NBA, much less a contender. He'll get slaughtered on the glass and abused by teams with quality big men at the 4.

Now, Mirotic is certainly an interesting piece, but I have no clue how they pull off a deal to get him. Assuming the Cavs use their two biggest chips by sending Thompson and the Brooklyn pick to LA for DJ and Love to Portland for McCollum, what else do they have left that Chicago would possibly want?

I would move Crowder for a 1st, unless they would rather have Crowder and package that with Cedi and/or Zizic.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 02:48 PM

Also, I think defensively they're at worst the same in the backcourt as they are now if they got CJ but far better offensively. Crowder plays PF and Green has been better than Crowder but would be matched up with KD while LeBron guards Green. I guess technically you could put LeBron at PF and Green at SF since that's the position they would be defending. The interior defense definitely improves with DJ and having him for lobs with the playmakers THe Cavs would have would be huge. The bench gets better by adding Mirotic who is putting up arguably better numbers than love this year with the same usage. You can start Mirotic at the 4 if you want but I started Green for KD purposes.

Vee-Rex
01-18-2018, 02:49 PM
I think they'd lose pretty easily. Offensively, I don't see CJ necessarily being a better No. 2 or No. 3 option than Love, and defensively, he does nothing to improve their back court perimeter defense, which is admittedly a problem.

Well, believe it or not, CJ is actually playing decent defense this year. It's part of the reason the Blazers rank #7 (IIRC) in DRtg this year, and CJ's man-to-man defensive numbers are slightly better than average.

Maybe it's why his offensive efficiency has dropped a little.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Well, believe it or not, CJ is actually playing decent defense this year. It's part of the reason the Blazers rank #7 (IIRC) in DRtg this year, and CJ's man-to-man defensive numbers are slightly better than average.

Yea I read they're 7th in defensive efficiency and that him and Lillard have been good on that end.

mightybosstone
01-18-2018, 03:16 PM
I would move Crowder for a 1st, unless they would rather have Crowder and package that with Cedi and/or Zizic.

But why would Chicago make that deal? The biggest problem with this hypothetical team isn't that it's not a better team on paper. It is a little better, and it would give the Cavs a slightly better chance to beat the Warriors. The problem is that I don't see it happening, because I think the likelihood of all three deals working out is extremely low.

mightybosstone
01-18-2018, 03:20 PM

So I can't say I watch a ton of Portland games, because I don't, but I've definitely never thought of CJ as an above average defender. I'll take your word for it that he's improved and is a plus on that end, but even if he is slightly above average, I'm not sure that the bump in the back court quality is worth the huge dropoff in losing Love. Between the two guys, I'd rather have Love, who's posting some of the best numbers of his career this season.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 03:26 PM
But why would Chicago make that deal? The biggest problem with this hypothetical team isn't that it's not a better team on paper. It is a little better, and it would give the Cavs a slightly better chance to beat the Warriors. The problem is that I don't see it happening, because I think the likelihood of all three deals working out is extremely low.

Yea it's definitely a lot of movement so it's doubtful. I based every trade off of rumors ive seen by then again no one really knows the exact asking price of these players in the trades. Mirotic has the NTC and if he won't waive it for someone other than the Cavs once he sees they want him, a first and a couple young prospects might get it done. But I mean most of this is off the top of my head, just brainstorming ideas on how to better their chances if it's a finals rematch.

Vee-Rex
01-18-2018, 03:38 PM
So I can't say I watch a ton of Portland games, because I don't, but I've definitely never thought of CJ as an above average defender. I'll take your word for it that he's improved and is a plus on that end, but even if he is slightly above average, I'm not sure that the bump in the back court quality is worth the huge dropoff in losing Love. Between the two guys, I'd rather have Love, who's posting some of the best numbers of his career this season.

Well, if you factor in defending in space as well, CJ might be average or below average in overall defense this year, but he isn't the kind of black hole on defense that we might have expected him to be. His man-to-man numbers are slightly above average.

And if you're the type that put a lot of weight into +/- I'm pretty sure all his defensive box numbers are up from last year as well (particularly DRPM, DBPM, DRtg, and even DWS). At the level he's playing now, he'd be an upgrade defensively over IT and JR.

Of course, as you said, we don't really regard CJ as even an average defender so it's possible he's due for a long regression to the mean. Maybe a Blazers fan can chime in and tell us if he's really playing better on defense this year.

DanG
01-18-2018, 05:26 PM
It's a good team, but no. The Warriors have four top 20 players playing the same style of basketball, it's almost impossible.

Kyrie was the perfect fit next to LeBron, a killer scorer, clutch, I don't think McCollum is on that level. I think you would have to handpick players around LeBron for a chance to beat the Warriors. Imo what you need:

*A player to guard KD
*Physicality
*Elite 2nd option scorer
*Rim protector
*Shooting

Beverley/Wade
Kyrie/J.R
PG/Korver
LeBron/Green
Tyson Chandler

Kyrie stays
Kevin Love for Paul George goes through
TT for Chandler
Kidnap Beverley from Houston

it's all hypothetical anyway, but this would be the perfect team built around LeBron imo.

lol, please
01-18-2018, 10:13 PM
Please show us. You must have me confused with lol,please.Nah playa, all the PSD OG's know that story. The posts are there if anyone wants to dig deep enough. I never respond to these plebs that try and rustle me about myths and rumors though, they are ignorant to the facts, it's not my job to educate these peons on the legend that is lolPhillies.

We still here though, if the world blew up, Wade03 and me would be runnin PSD in outer ****ing space.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk