PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the Pierce -Thomas drama

aman_13
01-17-2018, 11:22 PM
I don't think it's a big deal for IT to get a tribute on the same night, especially if Pierce's ceramony is happening after the game.

Who's side are you guys on?

https://youtu.be/g7ZmELyVWxQ

warfelg
01-17-2018, 11:27 PM
Pierce needs to STFU and man up.

aman_13
01-17-2018, 11:31 PM
Yeah like Jalen, I think Pierce is being petty.

D-Leethal
01-17-2018, 11:38 PM
I blame Boston. Pierce is not wrong for wanting his night to be about him. Petty yes, but not wrong. He comes off as a douche for being so public about it though. Be diplomatic in public and tell Danny Ainge hell nah behind closed doors. It's the C's fault for allowing this to get to this point. They should have not given IT a chance to postpone it the first time they were there. He could have had his video, walked out to half court for a curtain call or whatever. No reason he needs to be suited up to play a tribute video and give him a standing O.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-17-2018, 11:39 PM
Not a Pierce fan, but IT doesn't deserve **** lol

Chronz
01-17-2018, 11:41 PM
I blame Boston. Pierce is not wrong for wanting his night to be about him. Petty yes, but not wrong. He comes off as a douche for being so public about it though. Be diplomatic in public and tell Danny Ainge hell nah behind closed doors. It's the C's fault for allowing this to get to this point. They should have not given IT a chance to postpone it the first time they were there. He could have had his video, walked out to half court for a curtain call or whatever. No reason he needs to be suited up to play a tribute video and give him a standing O.

This

aman_13
01-17-2018, 11:55 PM

Pierce working for ESPN made it tough for him to keep it private, although he could of told ESPN to drop this story.

Boston definitely did not handle this well. That's for sure.

LA_Raiders
01-18-2018, 12:06 AM
IT tribute for what? Give Clown Pierce what he earned; IT has done ****.

lol, please
01-18-2018, 12:07 AM
Thomas played what, 3 seasons there? Lmfao. What does he need a tribute for? Whats next, his jersey retired and a statue?

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Cal827
01-18-2018, 02:24 AM
I agree with D-Leethal, it's petty, but it's understandable why he would want the night if they're going to do it. I mean, he was part of their roster for almost 15 years through the good and the bad and helped them win a championship (which has been their only one in a while)

LOb0
01-18-2018, 02:26 AM
Pierce is being a complete baby and drama queen about it.

lakerfan85
01-18-2018, 02:42 AM
What the hell did IT do to deserve a ****ing tribute?? Pierce is a champion, IT didn’t even make a finals.. SMFH..

lakerfan85
01-18-2018, 02:42 AM
Pierce is being a complete baby and drama queen about it.

No he’s not..

LOb0
01-18-2018, 03:09 AM
No he’s not..

Best part about this is a Laker fan defending Pierce and a Celtics fan going against him.

valade16
01-18-2018, 03:28 AM
Paul Pierce is being petty. Praise for IT doesn’t take away praise from PP, there’s not a finite amount of appreciation.

Lakers + Giants
01-18-2018, 03:43 AM
I'll be the one to say it. The only reason IT is getting a tribute is cuz the organization is trying to save face after trading him. Cuz they "looked bad" trading him after he played after his sister passed.

Heediot
01-18-2018, 05:48 AM
Difference between Tim Duncan and all these guys who make a festival of their retirements/careers. Duncan wouldn't even mind if he shared his night with everyone that ever played on the spurs.

warfelg
01-18-2018, 08:53 AM
He didn't care about it one night, and then Chauncey Billups told him to get mad, and he's thrown a fit about any bit of disrespect his way since then.

mike_noodles
01-18-2018, 10:10 AM
Why is a player who played less than 3 years with a team getting a tribute from the team. Seems ridiculous to me anyways. I blame the Celtics for being stupid. Pierce is being petty sure, but the C's are acting ****ing clueless.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-18-2018, 10:15 AM
Its maybe petty for Pierce saying it. But there is 41 home games. Cant they pick a different day? Yeah if Cavs playing Celtics Pierces day should be some other home game.

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 10:24 AM
IT started this new era for the Celtics. Pierce didn't do a damn thing for Boston until KG and Ray came.

D-Leethal
01-18-2018, 10:44 AM
I have no problem with IT getting a tribute. But Boston should have told him your tribute is first game, we have Pierce scheduled for the 2nd game OR they should have scheduled Pierce's jersey retirement when the Lakers came to town or something knowing IT was on the Cavs and his tribute might eventually conflict with it. Poor planning by Boston and now they look bad.

MSG plays tributes for former Knicks all the time, whether they are on the court or in the stands. It's not that hard to play a sick tribute video and have a guy in a suit walk out to half court and wave to the crowd, or to bring a camera up to him afterwards to wave to the crowd and get a standing O. Why the hell does he need to play to get a tribute video?

hugepatsfan
01-18-2018, 10:53 AM
IT deserves a tribute but should have just taken it the first game, whether he played or not. He was being petty to tell BOS it wasn't the right time to honor him. But I can understand why he wanted to be playing for it too.

That being said, IT getting a short video doesn't take away from Pierce's night really either. So he's being petty in that sense. But like above, I can understand his side too. IT guy had a chance for a video and decided to turn it down and reschedule to Pierce's night. That's kind of disrespectful.

hugepatsfan
01-18-2018, 10:54 AM
Its maybe petty for Pierce saying it. But there is 41 home games. Cant they pick a different day? Yeah if Cavs playing Celtics Pierces day should be some other home game.

Imagine being a huge Pierce fan and buying tickets specifically for that game - which were probably even more expensive than a normal matchup with Lebron for that reason - and then the team moves the game on you. That would be the easiest solution but I don't think it's a realistic option. It'd be BOS sending a huge middle finger to a lot of their fans.

Hopper15
01-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Those tribute videos are like 2-3 minutes. I can't believe this is even an issue for Pierce.

Quinnsanity
01-18-2018, 11:27 AM

Yea, pretty much this. The Celtics put Pierce in a really uncomfortable position here. They should have known better, and they should be taking the blame for it. And it's utter nonsense that there was ever any controversy around this. IT was there three years and never won a conference championship round game with them. Pierce was there for 15 and won a title. Honoring IT should not have been close to enough of a priority to jeopardize Pierce.

YAALREADYKNO
01-18-2018, 11:36 AM
IT should’ve just accepted the tribute when they first offered it to him a few weeks ago. Pierce is petty but I get where he’s coming from

D-Leethal
01-18-2018, 11:42 AM
IT deserves a tribute but should have just taken it the first game, whether he played or not. He was being petty to tell BOS it wasn't the right time to honor him. But I can understand why he wanted to be playing for it too.

That being said, IT getting a short video doesn't take away from Pierce's night really either. So he's being petty in that sense. But like above, I can understand his side too. IT guy had a chance for a video and decided to turn it down and reschedule to Pierce's night. That's kind of disrespectful.

The second he requested that the Celtics should have said "we can't do that night, we have tributes throughout the night for Pierce's jersey retirement". Then he would have accepted the first night most likely. But they were trying to play both sides of the fence and now everyone looks bad.

BKLYNpigeon
01-18-2018, 11:46 AM
Its stupid, its petty.

if this is how PP feels, its his right. I think it could have been just handled behind the scenes.

KnicksorBust
01-18-2018, 12:32 PM
I have no problem with IT getting a tribute. But Boston should have told him your tribute is first game, we have Pierce scheduled for the 2nd game OR they should have scheduled Pierce's jersey retirement when the Lakers came to town or something knowing IT was on the Cavs and his tribute might eventually conflict with it. Poor planning by Boston and now they look bad.

MSG plays tributes for former Knicks all the time, whether they are on the court or in the stands. It's not that hard to play a sick tribute video and have a guy in a suit walk out to half court and wave to the crowd, or to bring a camera up to him afterwards to wave to the crowd and get a standing O. Why the hell does he need to play to get a tribute video?

Bingo. Poor scheduling but Pierce deserves the whole night to himself. Get out of here with this "petty" nonsense. 15 years for 1 night. Give the guy what he wants.

KnicksorBust
01-18-2018, 12:34 PM
I'm shocked how many people are taking Jalen's side. Why should Pierce have to sit there and listen to Boston fans cheer/celebrate a 3 year player on his night? There are 41 home games. He's a legend and hall of famer. He shouldn't have to share his night with anyone.

smith&wesson
01-18-2018, 12:43 PM
Paul Pierce is an insecure little girl.

valade16
01-18-2018, 01:21 PM
I'm shocked how many people are taking Jalen's side. Why should Pierce have to sit there and listen to Boston fans cheer/celebrate a 3 year player on his night? There are 41 home games. He's a legend and hall of famer. He shouldn't have to share his night with anyone.

Because he's a petty ***** about it.

Can we all come back to real life for a moment. IT lost his sister and played like the next day in the playoffs for Boston. That is legit more adversity and a hardship than anything PP did for the Celtics on the basketball court.

Jamiecballer
01-18-2018, 01:33 PM
I cant tell you how pleased i am with jalen rose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 02:17 PM
Paul Pierce is an insecure little girl.

Ironic.

warfelg
01-18-2018, 02:21 PM

I mean I could fix this in 10 seconds:

“Hay Paul, you hated the Sixers and Heat in your time here, and you are from LA. So which of those 4 teams do you want this night to happen on instead?”

Or from Paul’s side:
“You know I have nothing against the Cavs. Can we do this in a home game against the Heat?”

Sly Guy
01-18-2018, 03:35 PM
-Boston's fault for not checking the schedule.
-Pierce looks bad for being a petty douche.
-IT looks ok, cuz he's been the bigger man.
-No, IT should not get a tribute, but I understand why they are giving him one.

PAOboston
01-18-2018, 05:02 PM
Both of them have been petty and both look like clowns. Just the mere fact they need to give IT a "tribute" video for 2.5 years on playing in Boston in nuts. There is definitely some sort of guilt factor for the Kyrie trade going on.

The Cs screwed this up by catering to IT's demand of not having that stupid video in early January. I dont get why it was such a huge issue and why they even listened to IT at the time.

PP has been petty too. It is like a 1 minute tribute video. Who cares?

THE_LOGO
01-18-2018, 05:51 PM
I don't like wheelchair boy...but he should get his own night. Are they going to usher each fan in a wheelchair to their respective seats on this "magical" night?

mrblisterdundee
01-18-2018, 06:44 PM
I don't even know why Boston is doing this stupid video, acting like they didn't totally screw Isaiah over.

Green_Monster
01-18-2018, 09:06 PM
Bingo. Poor scheduling but Pierce deserves the whole night to himself. Get out of here with this "petty" nonsense. 15 years for 1 night. Give the guy what he wants.

x2.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-18-2018, 09:34 PM
Don't have a problem with PP wanting that day to be just about him.

But not IT's fault so it's not really a "Pierce-Thomas drama".

Raps08-09 Champ
01-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Because he's a petty ***** about it.

Can we all come back to real life for a moment. IT lost his sister and played like the next day in the playoffs for Boston. That is legit more adversity and a hardship than anything PP did for the Celtics on the basketball court.

Just because it's petty doesn't make it wrong. It's fine to be petty sometimes.

PP's day is about him. In a perfect world, he shouldn't care about it, but he's not wrong for not being accommodating about it either.

Jalen was right about Pierce being petty but the real problem is people are blowing this up as if Pierce shouldn't be petty and that's suppose to be wrong.

warfelg
01-18-2018, 10:09 PM
Don't have a problem with PP wanting that day to be just about him.

But not IT's fault so it's not really a "Pierce-Thomas drama".

While I agree, PP and Celtics management should have sat down and did what they can to get it on a different day as opposed to the Cavs game.

I really don't understand why they didn't do this against a team he had many great moments against anyways.

hugepatsfan
01-18-2018, 10:19 PM
While I agree, PP and Celtics management should have sat down and did what they can to get it on a different day as opposed to the Cavs game.

I really don't understand why they didn't do this against a team he had many great moments against anyways.

They picked the highest profile game against the player (Lebron) that was his biggest rival during his championship competing seasons. CLE was FAR AND AWAY the best game to choose. It's not even close.

warfelg
01-18-2018, 10:29 PM
They picked the highest profile game against the player (Lebron) that was his biggest rival during his championship competing seasons. CLE was FAR AND AWAY the best game to choose. It's not even close.

No Miami? No LAL? No Philly? Those would have been other good options.

D-Leethal
01-18-2018, 10:35 PM

Agreed the Cavs are the best choice. Lakers would have worked tho, even if the Lakers are trash now. Lakers - Celtics is still the Lakers - Celtics.

THE MTL
01-18-2018, 11:27 PM
IT doesn't need a tribute. He played a couple seasons and got traded. Its just a move by Boston cause they feel guilty that they traded him. Paul Pierce is pretty for sure, but the guy did play well over a decade with the Celtics and won a championship.

valade16
01-19-2018, 01:20 PM
Just because it's petty doesn't make it wrong. It's fine to be petty sometimes.

PP's day is about him. In a perfect world, he shouldn't care about it, but he's not wrong for not being accommodating about it either.

Jalen was right about Pierce being petty but the real problem is people are blowing this up as if Pierce shouldn't be petty and that's suppose to be wrong.

He may not be "wrong" but he's a douche. They induct several members to the Hall of Fame at one time. They put the Gold, Silver and Bronze medalists on the podium at the same time. They give out all the Oscars on the same night.

The idea that he should be the only one who can possibly get any sort of adulation on a day is absurd. They are hanging his jersey from the rafters and giving him an extended ceremony after the game. They are giving Isaiah Thomas a quick tribute video during the game.

It's not like they're erecting a statue of IT or retiring his jersey, if they were doing that, OK maybe PP can complain. But the Blazers gave Joel Pryzbilla a freaking thank you video when he came back to Portland.

Let me guess, he also told the Celtics they shouldn't honor any season ticket holders in their "better know a fan" segment during timeouts? If a kid makes the half court shot at halftime is PP going to tell them not to celebrate that either?

I agree it's completely his right to be petty, and you may not think it's wrong, and it may not be entirely wrong, but it's far from right.

hugepatsfan
01-19-2018, 01:59 PM
No Miami? No LAL? No Philly? Those would have been other good options.

MIA was only a rival of Pierce because of the the Big 3, 2 of which now play in CLE. Pierce had some moments against Philly but I think they played in the 2nd round once. Nothing really career-defining. Same with Knicks who Pierce had great moments against. LAL would be a good choice but they're trash now compared to CLE who has players Pierce rivaled and is cream of the crop in the NBA. They're far and away the best choice.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-19-2018, 02:22 PM
He may not be "wrong" but he's a douche. They induct several members to the Hall of Fame at one time. They put the Gold, Silver and Bronze medalists on the podium at the same time. They give out all the Oscars on the same night.

The idea that he should be the only one who can possibly get any sort of adulation on a day is absurd. They are hanging his jersey from the rafters and giving him an extended ceremony after the game. They are giving Isaiah Thomas a quick tribute video during the game.

It's not like they're erecting a statue of IT or retiring his jersey, if they were doing that, OK maybe PP can complain. But the Blazers gave Joel Pryzbilla a freaking thank you video when he came back to Portland.

Let me guess, he also told the Celtics they shouldn't honor any season ticket holders in their "better know a fan" segment during timeouts? If a kid makes the half court shot at halftime is PP going to tell them not to celebrate that either?

I agree it's completely his right to be petty, and you may not think it's wrong, and it may not be entirely wrong, but it's far from right.

Pryzbilla spent 8 years with the Blazers, almost a decade. 3 years in the NBA is not long at all. Complete saving face and justifying the trade move by the C's who know they got the better end of the trade by a mile.

hugepatsfan
01-19-2018, 02:25 PM
I don't understand why people think IT doesn't deserve a tribute video. He's not an all time great or anything but he was an infectious personality, likable guy, big in the community, and helped play a huge part in bringing the franchise back to relevance. It's a few minute tribute video to thank him. Not a big deal at all.

I get from Pierce's perspective that it's kind of like "WTF" when the guy turns down his tribute video and asks to reschedule to his night though. I don't think it'd take away from Pierce at all but I get why that's annoying to him.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-19-2018, 02:32 PM
I don't understand why people think IT doesn't deserve a tribute video. He's not an all time great or anything but he was an infectious personality, likable guy, big in the community, and helped play a huge part in bringing the franchise back to relevance. It's a few minute tribute video to thank him. Not a big deal at all.

I get from Pierce's perspective that it's kind of like "WTF" when the guy turns down his tribute video and asks to reschedule to his night though. I don't think it'd take away from Pierce at all but I get why that's annoying to him.

I'm with the crowd who thinks he should have just had the tribute the 1st time they played the Cavs at home, and not complicate things with this conflict. Again can't stand Pierce, but I mean it's his night for Christ's sake. It's like if the Heat were to retire Wade's number and on his night, a player who only played on the team for the last 3 years not even bringing a Finals appearance gets honored the same night. It might sound petty, but it's innnappropriate and disrespectful IMO.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-19-2018, 06:24 PM

I dont know if douche is yhe right word (petty probably fits fine) but in either case, if he's not wrong (he doesnt have to be right either) then the biggest problem with this whole situation is that hes getting ripped apart and this situation blew up.