PDA

View Full Version : 1/10 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
01-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Wednesday January 10th, 2017

http://i66.tinypic.com/168wm55.jpg

tredigs
01-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Curry re-tweaked his ankle on a wet spot in their warm ups this morning. Out tonight. Gonna be interesting if he misses some time going forward. Unlike last time they actually have a legit slate coming up. Most missed time for him since 2011 and his old ankle issues, though. We gotta get him right.

Huge slate but outside of a betting perspective only OKC/Minny looks interesting.

lol, please
01-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Curry re-tweaked his ankle on a wet spot in their warm ups this morning. Out tonight. Gonna be interesting if he misses some time going forward. Unlike last time they actually have a legit slate coming up. Most missed time for him since 2011 and his old ankle issues, though. We gotta get him right.

Huge slate but outside of a betting perspective only OKC/Minny looks interesting.You aren't interested in that Rockets/Trail Blazers game?

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

tredigs
01-10-2018, 07:03 PM
You aren't interested in that Rockets/Trail Blazers game?

If they were full health I would be. But no Harden still and Lillard's questionable again.

WaDe03
01-10-2018, 07:05 PM

Huge slate but outside of a betting perspective only OKC/Minny looks interesting.

I'm sure he will be fine, those ankles are a little weak when you first come back from a sprain

Chronz
01-10-2018, 08:15 PM
I am seriously contemplating betting 180 to win 20 on the clips losing

tredigs
01-10-2018, 08:24 PM
I am seriously contemplating betting 180 to win 20 on the clips losing

No point in that with Curry out. Klay's out resting tonight also. Warriors aren't winning this game >9 out of 10 times on the road (which is the odds you're giving up at that price). They should still win since Blake's out (and an easy win wouldn't shock), but yeah, there are much better bets out there.

Chronz
01-10-2018, 08:27 PM
No point in that with Curry out. Klay's out resting tonight also. Warriors aren't winning this game >9 out of 10 times on the road (which is the odds you're giving up at that price). They should still win since Blake's out (and an easy win wouldn't shock), but yeah, there are much better bets out there.

Is kd playing cuz despite all you've mentioned the line value is disgusting. As a gambler, these dubs are something else. Even the bulls didn't freak me out this way. No mj I don't bet.

Then again, clips have to break the streak sometime right

tredigs
01-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Is kd playing cuz despite all you've mentioned the line value is disgusting. As a gambler, these dubs are something else. Even the bulls didn't freak me out this way. No mj I don't bet.

Then again, clips have to break the streak sometime right
KD's back. There's nothing crazy scary about these Warriors without the Splash Brothers honestly. Their offense regressed to 14th in the league in the time Curry missed, and Klay's out tonight to boot. Your money, but it's a terrible risk/reward even with the Clips being this bad w/out Griffin.

Chronz
01-10-2018, 08:42 PM
KD's back. There's nothing crazy scary about these Warriors without the Splash Brothers honestly. Their offense regressed to 14th in the league in the time Curry missed, and Klay's out tonight to boot. Your money, but it's a terrible risk/reward even with the Clips being this bad w/out Griffin.
LOL I'm not making the bet because of that but my point stands, despite it all, dubs favored like this. That's what I'm talking about, that is crazy. I mean can you recall any other team favored like this under similar circumstances

tredigs
01-10-2018, 08:51 PM
LOL I'm not making the bet because of that but my point stands, despite it all, dubs favored like this. That's what I'm talking about, that is crazy. I mean can you recall any other team favored like this under similar circumstances

Oh gotchya. Yeah I mean the Bulls were still a 55 win semi-contender without MJ (won 57 the year before with him as I'm sure you know), but yes, definitely rare. Tonight's line is just a factor of you guys being a garbage roster right now. No Griffin (obviously no Beverly and still no Gallo). Both Teodosic and Rivers out again for you guys. I mean, you have Deandre Jordan and Lou Williams and a bunch of weak role players + D leaguers right now. I think the line was -17 instead of -10 before we knew Curry was out. Stay-away game for me tho'.

Giannis94
01-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Elfrid Paytons haircut looks like he has a flat brim hat on his head.

tp13baby
01-10-2018, 11:18 PM
Gary Harris is the best Nugget donít @ me

WaDe03
01-10-2018, 11:19 PM
I've been telling y'all Jimmy is top 10 and better than PG since last year! Is he top 5 in the MVP race yet? I know he's climbing.

mightybosstone
01-10-2018, 11:26 PM
The refs are desperately trying to keep Portland in this game.

lol, please
01-10-2018, 11:35 PM
The refs are desperately trying to keep Portland in this game.Feels evenly called to me

mightybosstone
01-10-2018, 11:41 PM
Feels evenly called to me

I only caught the fourth quarter, but Portland certainly seemed to be getting the benefit of the doubt. And they got seven more free throw attempts on the road, despite forcing the Rockets to the line four times in the last minute. I'm hardly going to scream at poor officiating in a game I only watched a small portion of, though.

lol, please
01-10-2018, 11:42 PM
Zaza scoring all over the Clippers early

mightybosstone
01-10-2018, 11:43 PM
The one major benefit to Harden missing this time (aside from him actually getting some regular season rest, which is rare), it's that it's really forcing other guys to step up. Paul, Gordon and Green have played some phenomenal basketball with James out. I can't wait for him to get back and this team to be healthy again. It's not completely outside the realm of possibility that he, Luc and Nene could all be back to face the Warriors on Jan. 20.

lol, please
01-10-2018, 11:47 PM
Swaggy P! Looking for a big game from him today.

lol, please
01-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Nice feed from Durant to Zaza

lol, please
01-10-2018, 11:55 PM
And 1 Durant! What a play

WaDe03
01-10-2018, 11:58 PM
I really believe injuries got the Warriors the 2015 title with them learning who could do what when they HAD to and they certainly helped last year too with when KD went down Curry woke up and when KD came back he was rested and ready to tear it up in the playoffs.

I think the Kyrie and Love injuries did more for them in 2015 haha!

Scoots
01-10-2018, 11:59 PM
The one major benefit to Harden missing this time (aside from him actually getting some regular season rest, which is rare), it's that it's really forcing other guys to step up. Paul, Gordon and Green have played some phenomenal basketball with James out. I can't wait for him to get back and this team to be healthy again. It's not completely outside the realm of possibility that he, Luc and Nene could all be back to face the Warriors on Jan. 20.

I really believe injuries got the Warriors the 2015 title with them learning who could do what when they HAD to and they certainly helped last year too with when KD went down Curry woke up and when KD came back he was rested and ready to tear it up in the playoffs.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 12:04 AM
Should have been an and 1 for Iggy earlier smh

zn23
01-11-2018, 12:09 AM
Jokic is having the worst shooting night of his career: 4-21, 0-7 from 3. It's not like he's taking bad shots, he's been wide open, he's had great position near the basket but a lot of them have been in and out and it's just one of those nights.

Sadly, the Nuggets are about to lose 3 straight.

tp13baby
01-11-2018, 12:21 AM
Jokic is having the worst shooting night of his career: 4-21, 0-7 from 3. It's not like he's taking bad shots, he's been wide open, he's had great position near the basket but a lot of them have been in and out and it's just one of those nights.

Sadly, the Nuggets are about to lose 3 straight.

Barton was garbage, Murray had no confidence, Lyles didnít play well, Chandler is about as worthless as it comes. Basically Gary Harris is the only one that shows up on a nightly basis. Leading scorer, and I will argue he is a second team all defensive team.

This team is soft and i have said it all year.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 12:23 AM

Sadly, the Nuggets are about to lose 3 straight.Even the greats have poor shooting nights now and then. Sucks for the Nuggets, the Nuggets and Jazz are such strong teams bit in such a deep conference.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 12:24 AM
And 1 Durantula from the same spot he undressed LeBron in my sig

:faint:

tp13baby
01-11-2018, 12:31 AM
Even the greats have poor shooting nights now and then. Sucks for the Nuggets, the Nuggets and Jazz are such strong teams bit in such a deep conference.

Jokic has been bad overall recently. Dude looks like he hates basketball and shows no strength. Maybe itís the grind of the season but he didnít look this bad and weak before his injury.

tredigs
01-11-2018, 12:36 AM
KD wanted that 20K! What a scoring performance in the 1st half by him.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 12:36 AM
20k career points for KD!

tredigs
01-11-2018, 12:37 AM
Truly a GOAT level scorer.

tredigs
01-11-2018, 12:39 AM
Not too stoked on the fact that KD is having his best shooting performance of the year and we're up 4 against the D league Clippers though.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Truly a GOAT level scorer.Well said.

Giannis94
01-11-2018, 12:50 AM
Giannis >kd> lebron

tredigs
01-11-2018, 01:05 AM
This game has grinded to a halt. Tough to watch.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 01:11 AM
This game has grinded to a halt. Tough to watch.Let's see who steps up and starts to make plays. 7 point lead to extend going into the 4th

lol, please
01-11-2018, 01:16 AM
Miami took down the Pacers. Guess no one is going to get up for that game since LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Paul George are all gone huh.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 01:21 AM
Huge bucket by Durant! Someone else needs to step up offensively

tredigs
01-11-2018, 01:27 AM
Sweet Lou is a bucket-dumping legend. That was an impressive ****ing quarter by him.

tredigs
01-11-2018, 01:33 AM
Sure hope you didn't make that bet Chronz.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 01:38 AM
Sure hope you didn't make that bet Chronz.[emoji23]

lol, please
01-11-2018, 01:44 AM
Good last few sequences. Dub Show. Pull it out in the end after giving the opponent hope.

tredigs
01-11-2018, 01:52 AM
Clips first win against us in years. Dang. GG

lol, please
01-11-2018, 01:56 AM
:facepalm:

lol, please
01-11-2018, 01:57 AM
Clips first win against us in years. Dang. GGWas anything but a good game tbh. Missing the splash bros is no excuse. Defensively they didn't show up, mental lapses and turnovers everywhere, and West/Iggy/McCaw/Livingston/Green/Swaggy P can all shoot better.

goingfor28
01-11-2018, 01:58 AM
Is this the first time LAC has beaten GS since that first round playoff series a few years ago? It's def been a long time.
Lou Will went nuts tonight. A very efficient 50 pts and one hell of a 3rd Q.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

nastynice
01-11-2018, 01:59 AM
Lou was filthy

Htownballa1622
01-11-2018, 02:07 AM
What a wonderful night of hoops :D

zn23
01-11-2018, 02:13 AM
It would be a travesty if Lou Williams doesn't make the all-star team this year...

Giannis94
01-11-2018, 02:38 AM
There's video of hood knocking a fans phone out of his hand as he's filming hood walking away. Pretty darn funny

Chronz
01-11-2018, 07:02 AM
Man my girl is pissed I didn't take her bet for the clips. I told her I'm staying out of this one regardless of the insane value

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 10:13 AM
Give me Lou and Jordan for the Nets pick! They're talking about extending Lou though

Vee-Rex
01-11-2018, 10:59 AM
What a great night if you're rooting for the Nets pick to increase in value.

Mavs win (15-28)
Jazz win (17-24)
Nets lose (15-26)
Bulls win (15-27)
Grizzlies win (13-27)
Hawks win (11-30)

Nets is in the 8th spot right now but they could easily be in the 5th'ish spot in the next week or so.

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 11:06 AM

Mavs win (15-28)
Jazz win (17-24)
Nets lose (15-26)
Bulls win (15-27)
Grizzlies win (13-27)
Hawks win (11-30)

Nets is in the 8th spot right now but they could easily be in the 5th'ish spot in the next week or so.

Could be 5th in as early as next game I believe, maybe 6th if I'm off. The Grizzlies will have a better record to end the year too. I'm hoping the Lakers and Kings can catch them, I don't think the Hawks will.

Vee-Rex
01-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Cavs had a film session yesterday and my SAUCES have said that Lue tore LeBron (and the rest of the team) a new ******* when talking about effort and defense while showing feeds from the Minny game.

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 11:44 AM
Cavs had a film session yesterday and my SAUCES have said that Lue tore LeBron (and the rest of the team) a new ******* when talking about effort and defense while showing feeds from the Minny game.

Hahaha, much needed! As fans we realize it's the regular season and your coasting so you'll slump here and there but we don't appreciate it and don't want to pay our hard earned money to see that! If you want rest come out the gate swinging and knock these teams out early and rest in the 4th.

Giannis94
01-11-2018, 12:00 PM

my sauces sas that LeBron aka judas will leave the Cavs a third time dis off czon.

FlashBolt
01-11-2018, 01:23 PM

Mavs win (15-28)
Jazz win (17-24)
Nets lose (15-26)
Bulls win (15-27)
Grizzlies win (13-27)
Hawks win (11-30)

Can you explain this? I thought Nets being a worse team helps the value of the pick.

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 01:33 PM
Can you explain this? I thought Nets being a worse team helps the value of the pick.

It does, the Nets lost and all the other teams around them won.

mightybosstone
01-11-2018, 01:59 PM
my sauces sas that LeBron aka judas will leave the Cavs a third time dis off czon.

How is he going to leave them a third time? Your math seems off here to me, chief. And where are you getting the Judas reference? How is Lebron comparable to Judas in any way?

Giannis94
01-11-2018, 02:53 PM
How is he going to leave them a third time? Your math seems off here to me, chief. And where are you getting the Judas reference? How is Lebron comparable to Judas in any way?

Betrayed his city by leaving them once for Miami, once in the finals and soon to be in FA again. Everyone can rip giannis, I'm used to it.

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Okay, I got it. I'm just disappointed as I thought the Nets would've been a much worse team but they have exceeded expectations. Especially with Lin/D'Lo being injured.. they should have been the worst NBA team.

Apparently Okafor has made them worse. Hopefully they continue to fall. I can say they'll for sure finish higher than the Hawks but I can't say that about anyone else. I'm positive they'll be bottom 5, just need them there at the deadline.

FlashBolt
01-11-2018, 02:58 PM
It does, the Nets lost and all the other teams around them won.

Okay, I got it. I'm just disappointed as I thought the Nets would've been a much worse team but they have exceeded expectations. Especially with Lin/D'Lo being injured.. they should have been the worst NBA team.

Vee-Rex
01-11-2018, 03:05 PM

Well, we didn't know Michael Jordan (aka Spencer Dinwiddie) was on the team. D'Lo returning and giving Jordan less minutes might cause them to lose some more games.

mightybosstone
01-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Betrayed his city by leaving them once for Miami, once in the finals and soon to be in FA again. Everyone can rip giannis, I'm used to it.

I'm sorry, but how did he betray Cleveland in the Finals? The man won a ring for the city of Cleveland and two rings for the city of Miami. And you can knock him for leaving Cleveland the first time, but the dude came back and brought the city's first title in more than half a century. I'm pretty sure all Cavs fans (or at least the sane ones) are cool with it now.

FlashBolt
01-11-2018, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry, but how did he betray Cleveland in the Finals? The man won a ring for the city of Cleveland and two rings for the city of Miami. And you can knock him for leaving Cleveland the first time, but the dude came back and brought the city's first title in more than half a century. I'm pretty sure all Cavs fans (or at least the sane ones) are cool with it now.

Giannis looks like he is ready to bolt.. watch out for that one.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
I'm sorry, but how did he betray Cleveland in the Finals? The man won a ring for the city of Cleveland and two rings for the city of Miami. And you can knock him for leaving Cleveland the first time, but the dude came back and brought the city's first title in more than half a century. I'm pretty sure all Cavs fans (or at least the sane ones) are cool with it now.Who cares if he came back and won later?

If my wife cheats on me tonight and I find out, we divorce, then remarry 10 years down the road after making amends....she still cheated on me the first time and I would expect her to do it again or split again if the going got rough.

So hilarious that people say "well he won with them in the end" as if that changes what happened prior to that point.

LeBron broke his promise and showed a lack of leadership and conviction when he left for Miami. Nothing he does after that fact will replace the respect I lost for him not just as a player but as a man. Creating perfect storms and relying on other star players to win will never erase who he is (better yet who he isn't).

FlashBolt
01-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Who cares if he came back and won later?

If my wife cheats on me tonight and I find out, we divorce, then remarry 10 years down the road after making amends....she still cheated on me the first time and I would expect her to do it again or split again if the going got rough.

So hilarious that people say "well he won with them in the end" as if that changes what happened prior to that point.

LeBron broke his promise and showed a lack of leadership and conviction when he left for Miami. Nothing he does after that fact will replace the respect I lost for him not just as a player but as a man. Creating perfect storms and relying on other star players to win will never erase who he is (better yet who he isn't).

1) What a dog poop analogy. Cheating on a person compared to leaving a team? Is this the best analogy you can come up with? I mean, I guess when your vocabulary consists of: wet, agreed, 100% A+, it makes sense why you spew what you do.

2) What promise did he make and broke before joining Miami? I don't quite understand what you're saying. It's like you forget KD was tweeting "Hate people joining instead of wanting to beat each other" and then proceeding to join the most stacked team in NBA. The same team that beat him. Yet, I never see you disgruntled with KD.

Lil Rhody
01-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Down 22 up 14. Philly is just another victim of the Celtics swing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kdspurman
01-11-2018, 06:10 PM
My bad, didn't even realize there was an early game... I'll the new thread up shortly