PDA

View Full Version : Wilt vs Shaq: How would their career be different if they swapped eras?

FlashBolt
01-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Much of PSD has a singular debate on these players but what would their career be like had they swapped eras? Shaq vs Russell and Wilt+Kobe.

GoferKing_
01-09-2018, 07:26 PM
Damn, this forum lacks creativity. Same thread as that Curry and Iverson shietstorm.

Terrible thread.

Jamiecballer
01-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Not sure there are enough people alive qualified to answer this question honestly. Anyone old enough to have watched Wilt in his prime with a fully developed understanding of the game would be in a home by now or is at that stage of life where their boyhood heroes have taken on outlandish proportions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Redrum187
01-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Who knows honestly. For me, I don't have to speculate how great Shaq was against players in an era with superior talent (though, LA Shaq dominated in an era where bigmen were actually dying off). The golden age of bigmen for me would be 70's to 90's.

Since I wasn't alive when Wilt dominated the NBA, I automatically have to speculate and either assume (based off of inflated stats) that he'd either be on par or more/less dominant than Shaq. So my bias will always make me lean towards thinking Shaq >= Wilt. Sad but true.

Chronz
01-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Both would be worse and die younger

belikemike23
01-12-2018, 05:08 AM
I personally think Shaq would take Wilt's lunch all day.