PDA

View Full Version : 5 Mike Jordans vs Durant/Curry Warriors...Who wins a 7 gm series?

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 02:25 AM
Who wins the seven game series?

basch152
01-07-2018, 02:26 AM
in todays nba? 5 Jordan's would get obliterated.

he had very, very limited 3 pt scoring abilities until very late in his career, 5 Jordan's would just clog lanes and hurt each other more than anything.

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 02:29 AM

he had very, very limited 3 pt scoring abilities until very late in his career, 5 Jordan's would just clog lanes and hurt each other more than anything.

How does the best midrange player in NBA history clog lanes?

Jeffy25
01-07-2018, 02:32 AM
Depends on which set of rules and which NBA's

Today, Jordan would be destroyed.

Then? Curry wouldn't be able to run into the paint and the court wouldn't be so wide open

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 02:34 AM

You do realize that Jordan is unguardable in any era. He has an abundance of energy. Put five of them out there and they will be bored running GS out of the gym. Jordan can guard all your players one on one. None of your players can guard Jordan 1 on 1 accept KD.

Jordan is a better defender than anyone on GS. That means the best five defenders are on Mikes team. Mike is a better scorer than anyone on GS, so the top five offensive players are on Mikes team.

Are you starting to get the picture on how this game is gonna go?

Finesser
01-07-2018, 03:02 AM

Then? Curry wouldn't be able to run into the paint and the court wouldn't be so wide open
Prime Jordan would not be destroyed in todayís NBA.

basch152
01-07-2018, 03:13 AM
How does the best midrange player in NBA history clog lanes?

he didn't develop his mid range until later in his career either.

did you actually watch him play early in his career outside of highlight videos?

because someone who thinks MJ was always a good midrange player is usually the first sign that they didn't actually watch any games and only know what he became and through highlight videos.

you see it all the time. people say that MJ had elite athleticism and an elite mid range game, but the thing is he never had both of those at the same time. he developed his mid range game as a response to his declining athleticism and that greatly extended his career.

and it's immediately how you spot a faker who doesn't actually know much about basketball.

when he came back for his second three peat - take a gander at his FG%. it dropped. he was over 50% his entire career before then. it dropped because he couldn't get to the paint as well as he could before and he had to rely more on his midrange game - not taking so many shots in the paint lowered his percentage as a result.

basch152
01-07-2018, 03:15 AM
You do realize that Jordan is unguardable in any era. He has an abundance of energy. Put five of them out there and they will be bored running GS out of the gym. Jordan can guard all your players one on one. None of your players can guard Jordan 1 on 1 accept KD.

Jordan is a better defender than anyone on GS. That means the best five defenders are on Mikes team. Mike is a better scorer than anyone on GS, so the top five offensive players are on Mikes team.

no, I'm really starting to question your basketball IQ though. it doesn't seem to exist.

Jeffy25
01-07-2018, 03:43 AM
Prime Jordan would not be destroyed in todayís NBA.

By this years Warriors? Yes, he would.

LOb0
01-07-2018, 03:44 AM
5 completely unguardable, madmen defensively that never seem to get tired? Good luck trying to double team. Five Jordans where any of them could get hot and go on a scoring spree at will.

This would be a complete beat down in every sense. 3 point shooting isn't going to come anywhere close to filling that gap. Good luck even getting clean 3 pointers off with that kind of speed, IQ and defense.

As for the "lack of shooting defense". Go ahead and leave Jordan wide open and watch how fast your team gets murdered as you're trying to cover 4 other Jordan's that are blowing by and posting up everyone else. Jordan will hit uncontested shots all day.

I'm mad I even picked 5 games, should have been 4.

basch152
01-07-2018, 03:56 AM
5 completely unguardable, madmen defensively that never seem to get tired? Good luck trying to double team. Five Jordans where any of them could get hot and go on a scoring spree at will.

This would be a complete beat down in every sense. 3 point shooting isn't going to come anywhere close to filling that gap. Good luck even getting clean 3 pointers off with that kind of speed, IQ and defense.

As for the "lack of shooting defense". Go ahead and leave Jordan wide open and watch how fast your team gets murdered as you're trying to cover 4 other Jordan's that are blowing by and posting up everyone else. Jordan will hit uncontested shots all day.

no he wouldnt.

again, Jordan was an awful shot early in his career and the vast majority of his points were scored in the paint.

later in his career he developed a shot, but it was still by no means elite, and by that point he was no longer an elite athlete or defender. he was still very good, but not elite.

so you're either choosing 5 ok shooters with limited slashing ability, or 5 elite slashers with pretty much zero shooting ability which mostly cause a huge clog in the paint and they literally just get in each other's way.

no doubt this could still be a good team, but it wouldn't work the way you think it does.

there's a reason even teams like the warriors still elect to run with a center instead of a complete small ball lineup 100% of the time.

running 5 players with the exact same skill set is NEVER A good thing, even with the goat.

you could argue that mixing it up and taking 2 late career Jordan's and 3 early career Jordan's would give enough of a mixup of skills, but even then it wouldn't give you what you people are seeming to expect.

also, unguardable is an exaggeration.

look at his finals series vs the Sonics.

in the first three games where Payton wasn't guarding Jordan the bulls averaged 102 ppg, and Jordan averaged 31 ppg and the bulls went 3-0.

in the 3 games that Payton did guard him, the bulls averaged 83 ppg, Jordan averaged 23 ppg, and a FG% OF 36% and the bulls were 1-2.

so unguardable is an exaggeration.

Finesser
01-07-2018, 04:05 AM
Jordan would still average 25ppg

LOb0
01-07-2018, 04:06 AM
no he wouldnt.

again, Jordan was an awful shot early in his career and the vast majority of his points were scored in the paint.

later in his career he developed a shot, but it was still by no means elite, and by that point he was no longer an elite athlete or defender. he was still very good, but not elite.

so you're either choosing 5 ok shooters with limited slashing ability, or 5 elite slashers with pretty much zero shooting ability which mostly cause a huge clog in the paint and they literally just get in each other's way.

no doubt this could still be a good team, but it wouldn't work the way you think it does.

there's a reason even teams like the warriors still elect to run with a center instead of a complete small ball lineup 100% of the time.

running 5 players with the exact same skill set is NEVER A good thing, even with the goat.

you could argue that mixing it up and taking 2 late career Jordan's and 3 early career Jordan's would give enough of a mixup of skills, but even then it wouldn't give you what you people are seeming to expect.

This is from 1989 to 1992 http://i.imgur.com/t8069zI.png

Jordan shot 51% from the mid range and 38% from 3. These are from games that were actually able to be documented.

Jordan was still in his peak athletically at that point. So to all you idiots claiming "He couldn't shoot" And "you don't know basketball" Should look in a mirror.

With five Jordan's many of those shots would completely uncontested. He's shooting 51% contested. How do you think that would go if he was wide open? The Warriors would get massacred. .

basch152
01-07-2018, 04:11 AM
This is from 1989 to 1992 http://i.imgur.com/t8069zI.png

Jordan shot 51% from the mid range and 38% from 3. These are from games that were actually able to be documented.

Jordan was still in his peak athletically at that point. So to all you idiots claiming "He couldn't shoot" And "you don't know basketball" Should look in a mirror.

With five Jordan's many of those shots would be completely uncontested. The Warriors would get massacred. .

he shot 31% from 3 in 90-91 and 27% in 91-92 and then 35% in 92-93 and this is while taking very few 3s those years. if he took more his % would have went down even further.

so I'm not going to take a few selected games over his season % showing he was awful.

I mean FFS, 3 of those 5 years he averaged less than 1.5 3s per game. are you serious right now?

sorry.

and don't make me out to be a hater.

I love Jordan. but I'm also a realist, and if you think he was a good shot in that time frame you're a fool.

LOb0
01-07-2018, 04:13 AM
he shot 31% from 3 in 90-91 and 27% in 91-92 and then 35% in 92-93 and this is while taking very few 3s those years. if he took more his % would have went down even further.

so I'm not going to take a few selected games over his season % showing he was awful.

sorry.

and don't make me out to be a hater.

I love Jordan. but I'm also a realist, and if you think he was a good shot in that time frame you're a fool.

Forget the 3 point range. It was a dead shot due to the era anyway. Just go with the mid range. He shot 51% taking contested Jumpers. What the hell would go down if he were open all day?

valade16
01-07-2018, 04:13 AM
From 1990-1993 MJ averaged 34.3% from 3 on 2 attempts per game. In the playoffs that went up to 37% on 2.5 attempts.

Saying MJ couldn't shoot from 3 is laughable.

LOb0
01-07-2018, 04:17 AM
From 1990-1993 MJ averaged 34.3% from 3 on 2 attempts per game. In the playoffs that went up to 37% on 2.5 attempts.

And we have documented proof he shot 51% from the mid range. Yet they're saying he was a "Poor shooter".

Add 4 other guys able to blow by defenders at will and need double teams and see where that percentage goes.

basch152
01-07-2018, 04:20 AM

2 of those years you're talking about he averaged 1.1 and 1.3 3s per game while shooting 31% and 27%.

so no. he had 2 OK years before coming back from retirement, the other 7 he was awful.

using 2 OK years to outweigh the other 7 terrible years(especially when those two OK years weren't in a row) is what is goddamn laughable.

basch152
01-07-2018, 04:31 AM
And we have documented proof he shot 51% from the mid range. Yet they're saying he was a "Poor shooter".

Add 4 other guys able to blow by defenders at will and need double teams and see where that percentage goes.

and no, you don't have documented proof of anything.

you have some selected games that show his 3p% being far higher during those overall years than his season totals show, and it's the same for his midrange game.

those totals tell you he shot 38% from three.

yet the 4 years those numbers take place(assuming the 89 year is starting with 88-89), his percentages were 27, 37, 31, and 27.

yet you're trying to say his average during that time based on that chart is 38%??

do you not see how ****ing dumb that sounds?

this is cherry picking at its absolute finest.

the guy was average until later in his career in that regard at best.

Heediot
01-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Just like college and euro stars, give MJ a year or so to adjust to the 3 point line and game and he'll win easily.

Rules matter too.

5 LeBrons would win easily also, even without the 3 point shooting.

Heediot
01-07-2018, 07:03 AM
5 jordans or 5 Lebrons. No one is stopping either guys and their teams transition game. Defensively 5 Jordan or James switching out on those shooters would be filthy too. They'll just out run the opposition and get easy buckets off of pure speed and athleticism.

KnicksorBust
01-07-2018, 09:37 AM

no he wouldnt.

also, unguardable is an exaggeration.

look at his finals series vs the Sonics.

in the first three games where Payton wasn't guarding Jordan the bulls averaged 102 ppg, and Jordan averaged 31 ppg and the bulls went 3-0.

in the 3 games that Payton did guard him, the bulls averaged 83 ppg, Jordan averaged 23 ppg, and a FG% OF 36% and the bulls were 1-2.

so unguardable is an exaggeration.

Didnt you complain about small sample sizes but you used 3 games against Gary Payton to prove your point? :)

Raps18-19 Champ
01-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Jordan is in his 50s right now lol.

ewing
01-07-2018, 11:01 AM

great post

jaydubb
01-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Cut the ****.. 5 jordans would win. Jordan is far more athletic, better defensively, and has as good a basketball IQ as anybody on the warriors. Yes, team Js wouldn't be much of a 3 point threat, but he'd lock down defensively on the warriors to minimize their 3 point threat. Jordan can guard any player on the warriors and limit their effectiveness because he was that good defensively, but who's gonna guard Jordan, let alone 5 jordans.. And if its coming down to a last second shot? Lmao..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Heediot
01-07-2018, 11:35 AM
Cut the ****.. 5 jordans would win. Jordan is far more athletic, better defensively, and has as good a basketball IQ as anybody on the warriors. Yes, team Js wouldn't be much of a 3 point threat, but he'd lock down defensively on the warriors to minimize their 3 point threat. Jordan can guard any player on the warriors and limit their effectiveness because he was that good defensively, but who's gonna guard Jordan, let alone 5 jordans.. And if its coming down to a last second shot? Lmao..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I agree with what you said. To add Westbrook and the Thunder last year weren't threatening from 3 either, and it was Just RW (1 of him) and a bunch of role players and dipo did pretty good. Imagine 5 Jordan's. Guys like Jordan and even Bron are so smart with their bball iq, they'll know how to work the ball and set up the defense, find their spots, and exploit mismatches. The only down side I see from Jordan's team is possibly rebounding. Shooting 3's, Jordan wasn't the greatest but nobody is sagging off of him and giving him free looks that's all I know. So even the threat of him making a 3 is worth a lot. Jordan let the game come to him too, so if one Jordan isn't on, he'll just find another Jordan. I don't see how you defend that.

Giannis94
01-07-2018, 11:55 AM
:grouphug:

Vee-Rex
01-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Is it only 5 Jordans on the team and an average bench? Or is every player on the roster a Jordan?

Cause that makes a difference IMO.

BKLYNpigeon
01-07-2018, 12:44 PM
what a stupid debate.

Reddit > PSD

lol, please
01-07-2018, 01:31 PM

Then? Curry wouldn't be able to run into the paint and the court wouldn't be so wide openThis. I think this Warriors team still wins back then but it's a closer series.

I tried to tell IKH in another thread, but he wouldn't listen, glad he made a thread about it though

[emoji23]

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

lol, please
01-07-2018, 01:32 PM

did you actually watch him play early in his career outside of highlight videos?

because someone who thinks MJ was always a good midrange player is usually the first sign that they didn't actually watch any games and only know what he became and through highlight videos.

you see it all the time. people say that MJ had elite athleticism and an elite mid range game, but the thing is he never had both of those at the same time. he developed his mid range game as a response to his declining athleticism and that greatly extended his career.

and it's immediately how you spot a faker who doesn't actually know much about basketball.

when he came back for his second three peat - take a gander at his FG%. it dropped. he was over 50% his entire career before then. it dropped because he couldn't get to the paint as well as he could before and he had to rely more on his midrange game - not taking so many shots in the paint lowered his percentage as a result.Savage.

/thread

c.c.
01-07-2018, 01:34 PM
I think five LeBronís would be better against the Warriors

LOb0
01-07-2018, 01:35 PM
Savage.

/thread

It's savage how inaccurate it is.

europagnpilgrim
01-07-2018, 01:36 PM

when he came back for his second three peat - take a gander at his FG%. it dropped. he was over 50% his entire career before then. it dropped because he couldn't get to the paint as well as he could before and he had to rely more on his midrange game - not taking so many shots in the paint lowered his percentage as a result.

Jordan had his mid range game coming into the nba, did you not watch him at UNC? of course he was a high flyer but he was mid range and didn't have much of a dagger 3 but could hit it here and there, Jordan just showcased his mid range game more during his second 3peat due to him losing that 'come fly with me' athletic ability, so you tend to think he developed it as he aged but he just relied on it way more, he didn't need the mid range game that much when he was the 63pt 'GOD in sneakers' version, ask Larry legend

of course he would be over or at 50pct fg early because of his ability to attack and throw the mid range game in there, its all he did, go watch his games again for good measure, Jordan loved the perimeter, as does those who admire him after like Carter/Kobe/Iverson/Lebron and so on and on, those guys could get to to the basket at will but love the mid range jumper game to a fault, Lebron only shoots more 3's because of the fad the league is in right now but go look early in his career and he didn't shoot 3's at this rate

when you watch Jordan shoot his fadeaway/mid range it was basically automatic before he released it, FG pct aside, it didn't matter because you thought it was going in, even during his last title season at 35yrs old

the mid range game didn't extend his career, his IQ/Intelligence and training got him there, Jordan was smart enough to know to max out his athletic supreme ability and had the patented mid range game in his pocket, now he did take a lot more fadeaways which are tough shots so his FG would take a dip since he wasn't getting as many layups/dunks from 84-1991

Jamiecballer
01-07-2018, 03:56 PM
the warriors are as much a product of incredible fit as incredible talent. if they weren't we wouldn't be talking about them in such reverent terms. as such you can't have this discussion without considering how poorly 5 Michael Jordans would function together. in a hypothetical, stupid scenario the Warriors would definitely win.

Heediot
01-07-2018, 04:07 PM
the warriors are as much a product of incredible fit as incredible talent. if they weren't we wouldn't be talking about them in such reverent terms. as such you can't have this discussion without considering how poorly 5 Michael Jordans would function together. in a hypothetical, stupid scenario the Warriors would definitely win.

There are guys who play with their minds just as much as their physical gifts. Jordan is one of them. He's one of the smartest players in history, 5 of them would come together and figure it out. His killer instinct and competitiveness is legendary. Unlike a Kobe, MJ doesn't force the issue as often and let's the game come to him. Phil Jackson is a good reference for that reasoning. His team does have flaws like post defense and rebounding, but the pros far outweigh the cons. If it was 5 guys like Kobes/Iversons/Melos I can see alot of clashing, and chemistry issues. MJ was good on and off the ball. He let Pippen do a lot of the ball handling and setying up also.

EDIT: From the man himself Michael Jordan ďTalent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.Ē

lol, please
01-07-2018, 04:25 PM
the warriors are as much a product of incredible fit as incredible talent. if they weren't we wouldn't be talking about them in such reverent terms. as such you can't have this discussion without considering how poorly 5 Michael Jordans would function together. in a hypothetical, stupid scenario the Warriors would definitely win.Well said

Teeboy1487
01-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Only a fool would wish for a scenario against 5 Michael Jordans.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-07-2018, 04:35 PM
This should be treated as Jordan cloning himself and having 1 mind control 5 bodies, meaning this is an easy answer.

I think the idea of Jordan not being able to work with others is an exaggeration. He obviously wanted to be the man but wouldn't have done so at the expense of success. He was a dick sometimes because those people couldn't meet his standards. If you had 5 Jordans, you wouldn't have that issue. A good example is that the man played and succeeded in the Olympics despite being outscored by multiple people.

Even so, Jordan acted as the alpha because he wanted to show he was better than other people. A smart guy like Jordan would realize he wouldn't accomplish that if he was playing with 4 other Jordans. There's be no reason SG Jordan would compromise team success so he can outplay himself.

Scoots
01-07-2018, 04:43 PM
I'm a Jordan fan, but you guys are having 5 Jordans go against a team. All 5 Jordans are playing 48 minutes of every game and if any get hurt you are playing a man short.

And let's face it ... with Zaza, West, and Green, once they figure out that an injury ends the series one of the Jordans is going to get hurt.

And this is silly.

Heediot
01-07-2018, 04:49 PM
I'm a Jordan fan, but you guys are having 5 Jordans go against a team. All 5 Jordans are playing 48 minutes of every game and if any get hurt you are playing a man short.

And let's face it ... with Zaza, West, and Green, once they figure out that an injury ends the series one of the Jordans is going to get hurt.

And this is silly.

Bench issue wasn't clear at all to begin with. I'm assuming he gets a Bench.

Scoots
01-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Bench issue wasn't clear at all to begin with. I'm assuming he gets a Bench.

Makes a huge difference. OP says 5 Jordans vs a team.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-07-2018, 05:14 PM

And this is silly.

Kinda sucks the Zaza has to resort to that for the Warriors to win a series again.

Scoots
01-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Kinda sucks the Zaza has to resort to that for the Warriors to win a series again.

So many teams won in the past through beating down their opponents ... and Jordan wasn't above it himself.

Bartlee23
01-07-2018, 05:24 PM

And this is silly.

I think you're going a little to far with this... that's the only thing that is silly. Do the Jordan's have to play on Christmas... what about back to back games.... do they play in the all star game..... what about the dunk contest/ three point contest..... do the Jordan's get to rest for games against the crappy teams like players do today.... do they all wear number 23...etc ?????? Please stop.

lol, please
01-07-2018, 05:26 PM
I think you're going a little to far with this... that's the only thing that is silly. Do the Jordan's have to play on Christmas... what about back to back games.... do they play in the all star game..... what about the dunk contest/ three point contest..... do the Jordan's get to rest for games against the crappy teams like players do today.... do they all wear number 23...etc ?????? Please stop.Lmao

Scoots
01-07-2018, 05:27 PM
I think you're going a little to far with this... that's the only thing that is silly. Do the Jordan's have to play on Christmas... what about back to back games.... do they play in the all star game..... what about the dunk contest/ three point contest..... do the Jordan's get to rest for games against the crappy teams like players do today.... do they all wear number 23...etc ?????? Please stop.

Hehe ... we start with cloning a player that no longer exists and start from there ... but I'm being silly pointing out the realities of a 7 games series and fatigue?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-07-2018, 05:37 PM
So many teams won in the past through beating down their opponents ... and Jordan wasn't above it himself.

It'd be sad too if Jordan tried to injure a guy to win 1 of his 6 titles. I don't recall but I suppose it's possible.

Scoots
01-07-2018, 05:46 PM
It'd be sad too if Jordan tried to injure a guy to win 1 of his 6 titles. I don't recall but I suppose it's possible.

It's not put quite that way ... it's like what the Cavs do to Curry ... they just try to pound on him until he wears down.

Bartlee23
01-07-2018, 05:46 PM
Hehe ... we start with cloning a player that no longer exists and start from there ... but I'm being silly pointing out the realities of a 7 games series and fatigue?

Ok... if we're talking " realities" would not a season have to be played to get to a seven game series? Please stop..lol.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-07-2018, 05:48 PM
It's not put quite that way ... it's like what the Cavs do to Curry ... they just try to pound on him until he wears down.

Oh I was referring to purposefully injuring. Or at least playing reckless knowing a guy might get injured.

valade16
01-07-2018, 06:21 PM
2 of those years you're talking about he averaged 1.1 and 1.3 3s per game while shooting 31% and 27%.

so no. he had 2 OK years before coming back from retirement, the other 7 he was awful.

using 2 OK years to outweigh the other 7 terrible years(especially when those two OK years weren't in a row) is what is goddamn laughable.

You have a terrible concept of what 3PT% in a given year tells us about how good a player is at shooting 3's.

Can you explain how whenever Jordan took more 3's per game in a season he had a higher %? Here are his highest years by 3PA and his %:

3.6 attempts | 37.4%
3.2 attempts | 42.7%
3.0 attempts | 37.0%
2.9 attempts | 35.2%
1.9 attempts | 50%
1.5 attempts | 23.8%
1.3 attempts | 27.0%

How come whenever Jordan shot more 3's he shot them better? If he wasn't good at shooting 3's we would expect the opposite no? The reality is he just didn't shoot 3's in the years he didn't, not that he couldn't, and in years when he was asked to shoot more 3's he shot them at a decent to good rate.

Consider the timeline and what you'd have to be saying with the bolded. Here are the years:

1990: 37.6% on 3 attempts
1991: 31.2% on 1.1 attempts
1992: 27% on 1.3 attempts
1993: 35.2% on 2.9 attempts

So you're saying that he was good at shooting 3's in 1990, then forgot how to shoot 3's and was bad at it, then somehow regained the ability to shoot 3's and became good at them again in 1993.

That is stupid. Consider the 2 years you're talking about (91 & 92), he shot 38.5% and 38.6% (on 1.5 and 2 attempts per game) in the playoffs. So he somehow magically got better on more attempts in the playoffs those years.

We see this same phenomenon with a multitude of players such as Larry Bird. Larry shot 40.7% from 3 on 1.7 attempts his rookie year, then the next 4 years he shot:

27% on .9 attempts
21% on .7 attempts
28% on 1 attempt
25% on .9 attempts

Then proceeded to shoot 41.4% on 2.5 3's his next 4 years. According to your theory, Larry Bird was an excellent 3 point shooter his rookie year, lost the ability to shoot 3's the next 4 years, and then regained the ability to shoot the next 4 after that.

I will reiterate: that is stupid. The reality is Larry Bird simply didn't shoot 3's those years and then when he started actually shooting three's habitually again, his actual ability was reflected in the %.

We can see this with Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, LMA, and a whole host of others. Simply put, saying MJ can't shoot because when he didn't shoot 3's he shot a bad % shows you simply don't understand how 3-point shooting works, nor do you understand how to contextually understand 3PT shooting numbers.

Bottom line: MJ was a decent to good 3-point shooter when he regularly shot them.

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 06:44 PM

Lol. He for sure had an elit midrange in 1990 when they beat LA. In that series he took off a step over the free throw line and switched hands in the ďlike mike commercialĒ. No bro I grew up in the mike era. I watched him since 88 live on tv. He absolutely had supreme athletic ability and free throw line dunking at the same time...to suggest otherwise is to confirm you DNS about Mike. Stop youngster

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 06:49 PM
5 jordans or 5 Lebrons. No one is stopping either guys and their teams transition game. Defensively 5 Jordan or James switching out on those shooters would be filthy too. They'll just out run the opposition and get easy buckets off of pure speed and athleticism.

Really thought this would be beyond obvious. This is a laughable argument in Jordans favor. They are not taking into account that Jordan scores every time down and gets every hustle play available. The athletic advantage would be indescribable.

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 06:53 PM
I agree with what you said. To add Westbrook and the Thunder last year weren't threatening from 3 either, and it was Just RW (1 of him) and a bunch of role players and dipo did pretty good. Imagine 5 Jordan's. Guys like Jordan and even Bron are so smart with their bball iq, they'll know how to work the ball and set up the defense, find their spots, and exploit mismatches. The only down side I see from Jordan's team is possibly rebounding. Shooting 3's, Jordan wasn't the greatest but nobody is sagging off of him and giving him free looks that's all I know. So even the threat of him making a 3 is worth a lot. Jordan let the game come to him too, so if one Jordan isn't on, he'll just find another Jordan. I don't see how you defend that.

Iím not even concerned...when Jordan wanted to, he could go out ang get 15 boards any time he wanted. But usually heís to busy dumping 40+ on your team. There are not enough balls for all those Jordanís, so I canít imagine the defensive and rebounding tenacity by the Jordanís than only get to shoot 12 times a game...meaning all of them.

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 06:56 PM
Jordan had his mid range game coming into the nba, did you not watch him at UNC? of course he was a high flyer but he was mid range and didn't have much of a dagger 3 but could hit it here and there, Jordan just showcased his mid range game more during his second 3peat due to him losing that 'come fly with me' athletic ability, so you tend to think he developed it as he aged but he just relied on it way more, he didn't need the mid range game that much when he was the 63pt 'GOD in sneakers' version, ask Larry legend

of course he would be over or at 50pct fg early because of his ability to attack and throw the mid range game in there, its all he did, go watch his games again for good measure, Jordan loved the perimeter, as does those who admire him after like Carter/Kobe/Iverson/Lebron and so on and on, those guys could get to to the basket at will but love the mid range jumper game to a fault, Lebron only shoots more 3's because of the fad the league is in right now but go look early in his career and he didn't shoot 3's at this rate

when you watch Jordan shoot his fadeaway/mid range it was basically automatic before he released it, FG pct aside, it didn't matter because you thought it was going in, even during his last title season at 35yrs old

the mid range game didn't extend his career, his IQ/Intelligence and training got him there, Jordan was smart enough to know to max out his athletic supreme ability and had the patented mid range game in his pocket, now he did take a lot more fadeaways which are tough shots so his FG would take a dip since he wasn't getting as many layups/dunks from 84-1991

Just imagine if the Bulls would of had two Jordanís against that all-time great Celtics team?

You think your gonna beat 5? Iím so shook right now at this logic for GS.

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 07:00 PM

Finally somebody said it.

FlashBolt
01-07-2018, 11:41 PM
Lmao... ya'll are crazy if you think Jordan could play all positions and still dominate. This is like having five Kobe's.. looks good on paper but all you will get is a player who doesn't want to make the pass and then they all start watching. Warriors are a machine. They will destroy the team of Jordan's. This is a case where too much offense and an overlapse of abilities are actually detrimental to the team. Four Jordan's and Andre Drummond would do better. So would one Jordan, Andre Drummond, Amare Stoudemire, Jason Kidd, and Luol Deng. The only case where I would take five of one player against any other team would be where the player is just too physically dominant and has a significant advantage.

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 01:10 AM
"I'm not 100% guaranteed to win? Can I join the Jordans?"
-Kevin Durant

lol, please
01-08-2018, 01:25 AM
"I'm not 100% guaranteed to win? Can I join the Jordans?"
-LeBron James

Ftfy

basch152
01-08-2018, 01:43 AM
Lmao... ya'll are crazy if you think Jordan could play all positions and still dominate. This is like having five Kobe's.. looks good on paper but all you will get is a player who doesn't want to make the pass and then they all start watching. Warriors are a machine. They will destroy the team of Jordan's. This is a case where too much offense and an overlapse of abilities are actually detrimental to the team. Four Jordan's and Andre Drummond would do better. So would one Jordan, Andre Drummond, Amare Stoudemire, Jason Kidd, and Luol Deng. The only case where I would take five of one player against any other team would be where the player is just too physically dominant and has a significant advantage.

You have a terrible concept of what 3PT% in a given year tells us about how good a player is at shooting 3's.

Can you explain how whenever Jordan took more 3's per game in a season he had a higher %? Here are his highest years by 3PA and his %:

3.6 attempts | 37.4%
3.2 attempts | 42.7%
3.0 attempts | 37.0%
2.9 attempts | 35.2%
1.9 attempts | 50%
1.5 attempts | 23.8%
1.3 attempts | 27.0%

How come whenever Jordan shot more 3's he shot them better? If he wasn't good at shooting 3's we would expect the opposite no? The reality is he just didn't shoot 3's in the years he didn't, not that he couldn't, and in years when he was asked to shoot more 3's he shot them at a decent to good rate.

Consider the timeline and what you'd have to be saying with the bolded. Here are the years:

1990: 37.6% on 3 attempts
1991: 31.2% on 1.1 attempts
1992: 27% on 1.3 attempts
1993: 35.2% on 2.9 attempts

So you're saying that he was good at shooting 3's in 1990, then forgot how to shoot 3's and was bad at it, then somehow regained the ability to shoot 3's and became good at them again in 1993.

That is stupid. Consider the 2 years you're talking about (91 & 92), he shot 38.5% and 38.6% (on 1.5 and 2 attempts per game) in the playoffs. So he somehow magically got better on more attempts in the playoffs those years.

We see this same phenomenon with a multitude of players such as Larry Bird. Larry shot 40.7% from 3 on 1.7 attempts his rookie year, then the next 4 years he shot:

27% on .9 attempts
21% on .7 attempts
28% on 1 attempt
25% on .9 attempts

Then proceeded to shoot 41.4% on 2.5 3's his next 4 years. According to your theory, Larry Bird was an excellent 3 point shooter his rookie year, lost the ability to shoot 3's the next 4 years, and then regained the ability to shoot the next 4 after that.

I will reiterate: that is stupid. The reality is Larry Bird simply didn't shoot 3's those years and then when he started actually shooting three's habitually again, his actual ability was reflected in the %.

We can see this with Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, LMA, and a whole host of others. Simply put, saying MJ can't shoot because when he didn't shoot 3's he shot a bad % shows you simply don't understand how 3-point shooting works, nor do you understand how to contextually understand 3PT shooting numbers.

Bottom line: MJ was a decent to good 3-point shooter when he regularly shot them.

yes, players can and do lose skill. it happens all time.

Jordan's % wasn't low because he "wasn't taking many threes" that's laughably idiotic. he just wasn't a good shooter.

he was a bad shot, period. it's reflected everywhere except idiots who look at his career after the fact and see the highlights of his late career midrange game then think he always had that ability.

sorry when you guys tried to use small sample data to make it look like he was shooting 38% over 4 years which isn't reality at all failed so hard and made you look like a dumbass.

IKnowHoops
01-08-2018, 02:40 AM
This thread is embarrassing. How can you be the GOAT, yet 5 of you cant be unbeatable. We know dang well 5 Lebrons would smash GS so Iím just at a loss here. To many people just didnít see Mike. It would be 10000000% impossible to defend against 5 micheal Jordans. You would 100% get outscored no matter who you had on your team.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-08-2018, 05:51 AM

Lol why would Jordan not pass it to himself? You really think SG Jordan is going to shoe up SF Jordan knowing its the same guy?

If anything Jordan would have 1 mind control 5 bodies at this point.

GoferKing_
01-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Terrible thread.

ewing
01-08-2018, 10:31 AM

the Bulls put Jo Jo English in a game just a start a fight with Derrick Harper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdQY7zV8FU

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 11:48 AM
This thread is embarrassing. How can you be the GOAT, yet 5 of you cant be unbeatable. We know dang well 5 Lebrons would smash GS so Iím just at a loss here. To many people just didnít see Mike. It would be 10000000% impossible to defend against 5 micheal Jordans. You would 100% get outscored no matter who you had on your team.The only player you could replicate X5 and beat the warriors is LeBron. The passing IQ and ability to get to the rim and finish would be completely ridiculous. The truth is that MJ might have the same quality but can you see any Michael Jordan accepting 1/5 the touches or 4 of them passing up a good shot for the 5th to get a great one? Having spent my young adulthood watching MJ and idolizing him I can absolutely not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 11:52 AM
I only read like half of the first page but are you all ****ing serious? 5 Jordans would destroy this warriors team. You all really are ridiculous sometimes with the way you overthink things. It doesn't matter what set of rules they play by.

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 11:58 AM

Stop Flashbolt, you're better than this. Jordan would do just fine guarding Zaza and Green.

Heediot
01-08-2018, 12:56 PM
The only player you could replicate X5 and beat the warriors is LeBron. The passing IQ and ability to get to the rim and finish would be completely ridiculous. The truth is that MJ might have the same quality but can you see any Michael Jordan accepting 1/5 the touches or 4 of them passing up a good shot for the 5th to get a great one? Having spent my young adulthood watching MJ and idolizing him I can absolutely not.

There's zero proof that MJ wouldn't defer. He is a willing passer. NO dumb *** coach wouldn't put the ball in his hands, and the best play in his hands was to get a bucket.He did get others involved because he knew how to read a defense as good as any, and would kick it around if it was a better look. He was so good at finding his looks and spots that he didn't need to pass it up as much as virtually all the other wings and guards in NBA history. MJ has elite IQ and elite feel for the game. Those are the reasons why he would figure it out. Guys who just know how to play the game tend to help with the W's just as much as talent. The guy has both elite physical skills and elite mind.

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 12:58 PM
There's zero proof that MJ wouldn't defer. He is a willing passer. NO dumb *** coach wouldn't put the ball in his hands, and the best play in his hands was to get a bucket.He did get others involved because he knew how to read a defense as good as any, and would kick it around if it was a better look. He was so good at finding his looks and spots that he didn't need to pass it up as much as virtually all the other wings and guards in NBA history. MJ has elite IQ and elite feel for the game. Those are the reasons why he would figure it out. Guys who just know how to play the game tend to help with the W's just as much as talent. The guy has both elite physical skills and elite mind.

This, MJ would win and and wouldn't even be a close series.

valade16
01-08-2018, 01:23 PM
yes, players can and do lose skill. it happens all time.

Jordan's % wasn't low because he "wasn't taking many threes" that's laughably idiotic. he just wasn't a good shooter.

he was a bad shot, period. it's reflected everywhere except idiots who look at his career after the fact and see the highlights of his late career midrange game then think he always had that ability.

sorry when you guys tried to use small sample data to make it look like he was shooting 38% over 4 years which isn't reality at all failed so hard and made you look like a dumbass.

And then re-learn it in a span of 3 years? You are claiming Jordan learned how to shoot the 3 in 1990 then lost the ability to shoot the 3 in 1991 and 1992 and re-learned how to shoot in 1993? And you're calling us idiots? No offense, that is the dumbest thing I've seen on the NBA PSD Forum in a long time (and I assure you, with the quality of some of this forum, that is quite the accomplishment).

Keep in mind, the 2 years you're saying show he wasn't good at 3-point shooting at that time (91 and 92) he shot 38.5 and 38.6 in the playoffs.

If you use every 3-point shot MJ attempted in a game, be it regular season or playoff, from 1990 to 1993 here is the numbers:

92/245
29/93
27/100
81/230
16/50
10/26
17/44
28/72

300/860

Which is 34.8%

Far from a bad shooter.

Bottom line: until such time you can explain how MJ shot better from 3 when he shot more, you might as well stop talking about things you can't comprehend.

IKnowHoops
01-08-2018, 01:24 PM
The only player you could replicate X5 and beat the warriors is LeBron. The passing IQ and ability to get to the rim and finish would be completely ridiculous. The truth is that MJ might have the same quality but can you see any Michael Jordan accepting 1/5 the touches or 4 of them passing up a good shot for the 5th to get a great one? Having spent my young adulthood watching MJ and idolizing him I can absolutely not.

Yes Dream team. This would be a situation where heís be even more unselfish.

valade16
01-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Yeah, MJ wasn't the highest scoring player on the Dream Team (Barkley was), so we have proof that on a stacked enough team, MJ would be willing to defer somewhat if the talent is sufficient.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 03:15 PM

ok my bad, i legit thought this was a one time only scenario. i agree Jordan would retrain himself in whatever way was necessary to win in the long haul but he's not wired for it the way Lebron is.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Yeah, MJ wasn't the highest scoring player on the Dream Team (Barkley was), so we have proof that on a stacked enough team, MJ would be willing to defer somewhat if the talent is sufficient.Good point. I guess the honest next question is would Michael Jordan number 1 believe Michael Jordan number 2,3,4 and 5 were worthy of holding his jock lol

mightybosstone
01-08-2018, 03:26 PM
5 Jordans would never work together on a team. They'd all be hyper-competitive and they'd all want the ball to take the last shot. Also, you can't expect Jordan to defend opposing big men for 48 minutes a night, and he's not suddenly going to become an elite 3-point shooter.

I think 5 Lebrons would fit better. His size and athleticism would allow him to pretty much guard all five positions well, and he's the better 3-point shooter and playmaker. He also doesn't mind deferring in the final seconds of a game.

So, that being said, give me the Warriors against five Jordans, but I'll take the five Lebrons over Golden State any day.

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 03:32 PM
5 Jordans would never work together on a team. They'd all be hyper-competitive and they'd all want the ball to take the last shot. Also, you can't expect Jordan to defend opposing big men for 48 minutes a night, and he's not suddenly going to become an elite 3-point shooter.

I think 5 Lebrons would fit better. His size and athleticism would allow him to pretty much guard all five positions well, and he's the better 3-point shooter and playmaker. He also doesn't mind deferring in the final seconds of a game.

So, that being said, give me the Warriors against five Jordans, but I'll take the five Lebrons over Golden State any day.

Come on man, they would both destroy the Warriors. Everyone needs to stop overthinking this, there's absolutely no way they could stop the Jordan team and they would have very hard time scoring on the Jordans. None of the Warriors bigs would put any pressure on Jordan, Jordan's mismatch would be far greater than anything they have.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 03:36 PM

So, that being said, give me the Warriors against five Jordans, but I'll take the five Lebrons over Golden State any day.I'm in the same boat. 5 Lebrons would be the ultimate in unfair. Degense wouldn't be able to keep up with that moving ball

Heediot
01-08-2018, 03:43 PM

5 LeBrons definitely better defensively with his size. Offensively 5 Jordan's is other-wordly though, 3 point shot or not. I mean the 3 point shot is big, but it isn't like you can't find another way to beat someone. Just look at OKC last year, the team had McDermott off the bench, but shooters were lacking and they did all right. The year before that outside of Durant, they barely had shooters except maybe Morrow, who played situation-ally and they took GS to 7 and choked it away. And KD's 3 point shooting in the playoffs before joining GS was pedestrian. 5 Jordan's would put a different kind of pressure on the defense. Jordan like LeBron is a world class gym rat, like LeBron he'd work on it and develop a shot if he had to. Bron knew he had to expand his game as he ages, and he is a solid 3 point shooter now. I don't see why Jordan couldn't develop one. Jordan and LeBron are goats for more then just god given physical talent, they are elite with their iqs and they are elite with their work ethics. You don't bet against those combination of attributes. I can see the argument of Jordan getting worked inside and on the glass, but what he'll do you in a half court game offensively or in transition is too filthy. His strength on defense negates GS strengths on offense so he has that going for him on that side. Jordan, at-least when he was with Phil was more then willing to give up the ball, even for a last second shot. The Bench issue wasn't clear to begin with, so I don't know how much each MJ has to play.

valade16
01-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Good point. I guess the honest next question is would Michael Jordan number 1 believe Michael Jordan number 2,3,4 and 5 were worthy of holding his jock lol

Lol, that I don't know. It's such a bizarre question to even consider. It's not out of the realm of possibility, considering how driven Jordan was, to actually have Jordan fight himself during the game lol

Heediot
01-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Nothing against LeBron but the thing about his 3 point shot compared to Jordan is unfair to me. You let Jordan grow his game in this era and he works on his craft differently. The Things that transfer over era's like work ethic, basketball iq, feel, and raw basketball talent, are what makes players goat and hof worthy. You probably need most of those attributes to be a HOF talent but Jordan and LBJ have all the boxes checked.

Heediot
01-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Lol, that I don't know. It's such a bizarre question to even consider. It's not out of the realm of possibility, considering how driven Jordan was, to actually have Jordan fight himself during the game lol

Jordan is like Paul and Russell. Uber competitive and might rub people the wrong way. But these guys buy in the mission of winning over fighting over for glory. I can see worse chemistry issues for a team full of Kobe's, RW, AI's, Melos. But it's true you never know when 5 MJ's could bat heads here and there.

tredigs
01-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Smh @ this thread and how hilariously furious it is making some of you guys.

kdspurman
01-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Come on man, they would both destroy the Warriors. Everyone needs to stop overthinking this, there's absolutely no way they could stop the Jordan team and they would have very hard time scoring on the Jordans. None of the Warriors bigs would put any pressure on Jordan, Jordan's mismatch would be far greater than anything they have.

I was gonna say, if Zaza/McGee are taking lots of shots to take advantage of MJ, that is a win already for team MJ

Heediot
01-08-2018, 04:29 PM
I was gonna say, if Zaza/McGee are taking lots of shots to take advantage of MJ, that is a win already for team MJ

I don't know, they're percentages and efficiency might go up with a guy 6 inches and 50 lbs lighter guarding them. MJ would have to double a lot which plays into the hands of their shooting.

valade16
01-08-2018, 04:35 PM
I don't know, they're percentages and efficiency might go up with a guy 6 inches and 50 lbs lighter guarding them. MJ would have to double a lot which plays into the hands of their shooting.

Very true, but conversely MJ is one of the best turnover artists ever, both in taking the ball from players and from playing passing lanes. You're talking about a lot of turnovers as Zaza and Javale are definitely not great passers.

mightybosstone
01-08-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but rebounding could play a key role in this hypothetical series. Jordan was an excellent rebounding SG, but the dude is still a 6'6" wing being expected to box out 6'9"-7' big men. If the Warriors are getting 10-15 more rebounds a game, that's going to lead to a lot of second chances around the basket and for their perimeter shooters outside.

Jordan was unquestionably the best basketball player of all-time, but unless he's going to be five inches taller in this scenario, the Warriors will have their way with him in the paint and around the glass.

Heediot
01-08-2018, 04:40 PM
MJ's need to speed up the game and full court press GS. It's a risk with the deadly transition 3's of GS. But playing a fast game plays into the hands of MJ's athleticism and speed.

valade16
01-08-2018, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but rebounding could play a key role in this hypothetical series. Jordan was an excellent rebounding SG, but the dude is still a 6'6" wing being expected to box out 6'9"-7' big men. If the Warriors are getting 10-15 more rebounds a game, that's going to lead to a lot of second chances around the basket and for their perimeter shooters outside.

Jordan was unquestionably the best basketball player of all-time, but unless he's going to be five inches taller in this scenario, the Warriors will have their way with him in the paint and around the glass.

Yeah I foresee the MJ team getting crushed on the boards.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 05:01 PM
I feel like one of the Jordan's would look at the boxscore at halftime and see 7 points next to his name and then start forcing things in the third.

Golden State then goes on 30-12 run during this period of hard-headedness causing all 5 Jordan's to take the team on their backs, infuriating the other 4.

By the time it's over the warriors are up 60 and 3 of the Jordan's won't even talk to each other anymore.

Heediot
01-08-2018, 05:04 PM
I feel like one of the Jordan's would look at the boxscore at halftime and see 7 points next to his name and then start forcing things in the third.

Golden State then goes on 30-12 run during this period of hard-headedness causing all 5 Jordan's to take the team on their backs, infuriating the other 4.

By the time it's over the warriors are up 60 and 3 of the Jordan's won't even talk to each other anymore.

Damn, you really think he's selfish to that extreme and not into the mission of the overall goal of winning? I can't say he isn't free of selfishness, you don't become what he is without that. Maybe your just bored and trolling.

lol, please
01-08-2018, 05:04 PM
Smh @ this thread and how hilariously furious it is making some of you guys.Critics can't stand the fact that this is the greatest team ever lol. The stats and accolades support the statement and they've gone to ridiculous measures to find a superior force on the court. 5 Jordan's lmao. LMAO.

Heediot
01-08-2018, 05:10 PM
There were more defined roles back then, so I can see people saying MJ was selfish and such and such. He's really not much different with his responsibilities offensively as other scoring 2 guards of that era like Clyde, Reggie and Mitch. PG's role were run the team first and score second (even for the better pg scorers), it's kind of twisted up now with ball handlers all over the floor and position-less basketball. There were more specialists back then too so you could play with 3 guys that can score, 2 defensive specialist (1 on the perimeter and 1 interior) and also have a guy or two as a threat from range. The strategy to sag off guys like Rubio and Tony Allen is easier today.

valade16
01-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Critics can't stand the fact that this is the greatest team ever lol. The stats and accolades support the statement and they've gone to ridiculous measures to find a superior force on the court. 5 Jordan's lmao. LMAO.

Not yet they don't. MJ's Bulls got 6, Magic's Lakers got 5, Duncan's Spurs got 5, Shaq's Lakers got 3, Larry's Celtics got 3.

I think they're the most talented and best team ever assembled, but in terms of accolades, they still have more titles to win.

lol, please
01-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Not yet they don't. MJ's Bulls got 6, Magic's Lakers got 5, Duncan's Spurs got 5, Shaq's Lakers got 3, Larry's Celtics got 3.

I think they're the most talented and best team ever assembled, but in terms of accolades, they still have more titles to win.It's the combination of stats and accolades. The metrics can't be debated. The rings prove the formula works. You can sit and and say "well they only have two now" but we all know they will finish with at least 2-3 more with this core at least.

But in a way who cares, if we go by the rules in your other top players list, peak performance is all that matters so the Warriors are #1 all time by default

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Damn, you really think he's selfish to that extreme and not into the mission of the overall goal of winning? I can't say he isn't free of selfishness, you don't become what he is without that. Maybe your just bored and trolling.Half serious, half joking. I think a lot of people, mostly those who are making cracks about not over thinking this one, want to treat this as a purely basketball discussion but what's the fun in that? If we can imagine the greatest player in history completely free of ego then obviously Jordan wins and the question isn't even asked by anyone, ever.

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Critics can't stand the fact that this is the greatest team ever lol. The stats and accolades support the statement and they've gone to ridiculous measures to find a superior force on the court. 5 Jordan's lmao. LMAO.

They are the best team ever, but it took the biggest ***** move in the history of any sport to do so. That being said, I don't know why the question is even being asked. 5 of the GOAT player on the same team would destroy them. I don't understand why people are actually trying to debate this and as a Warriors fan I'm sure you would even agree and it's not a knock on your team to say putting 5 of the GOAT player on 1 team would beat them. Just a dumb topic lol!

buehrens
01-08-2018, 05:25 PM
This is dumb. Why would you want 5 of 1 player? Who does MJ pass to? 5 MJ's = better than every team ever? this isn't a real conversation

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 05:25 PM
This is dumb. Why would you want 5 of 1 player? Who does MJ pass to? 5 MJ's = better than every team ever? this isn't a real conversation

Not better than any team ever as you can combine a team of the other greats that would beat 5 Jordans but in the scenario the talent gap is just WAY too far apart.

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 05:26 PM
Half serious, half joking. I think a lot of people, mostly those who are making cracks about not over thinking this one, want to treat this as a purely basketball discussion but what's the fun in that? If we can imagine the greatest player in history completely free of ego then obviously Jordan wins and the question isn't even asked by anyone, ever.

Look st him on the dream team as others said though. The greats find a way to get it done.

valade16
01-08-2018, 05:31 PM
It's the combination of stats and accolades. The metrics can't be debated. The rings prove the formula works. You can sit and and say "well they only have two now" but we all know they will finish with at least 2-3 more with this core at least.

But in a way who cares, if we go by the rules in your other top players list, peak performance is all that matters so the Warriors are #1 all time by default

To some longevity matters. I lean heavily towards peak performance though. I mean, we were debating whether the Warriors were as good as the previously thought Greatest Team ever (MJ's Bulls) and that was before KD.

To me, they are the best team of all-time based on talent, fit, whatever.

buehrens
01-08-2018, 05:33 PM
There weren't more defined roles back then, just less talented players who wouldn't make it now. Not saying all these stars are better but top to bottom the league is as deep as it has ever been.

buehrens
01-08-2018, 05:41 PM
That isn't the question tho, it's 5 MJ's vs this warrior team which includes Klay and Draymond and that bench. It's a team sport, I'll take a team over 5 MJ's. Are all 5 MJ's playing every minute? Hence this is a really dumb discussion

buehrens
01-08-2018, 05:51 PM
No kidding, Dude was great, ALL TIME. But let's not act like he was the best at everything. 5 Jordan's couldn't play together, Hell 1 had trouble playing with a team

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 05:57 PM
That isn't the question tho, it's 5 MJ's vs this warrior team which includes Klay and Draymond and that bench. It's a team sport, I'll take a team over 5 MJ's. Are all 5 MJ's playing every minute? Hence this is a really dumb discussion

Klay and Draymond are nowhere near a prime Jordan though.

lol, please
01-08-2018, 05:58 PM
They are the best team ever, but it took the biggest ***** move in the history of any sport to do so. That being said, I don't know why the question is even being asked. 5 of the GOAT player on the same team would destroy them. I don't understand why people are actually trying to debate this and as a Warriors fan I'm sure you would even agree and it's not a knock on your team to say putting 5 of the GOAT player on 1 team would beat them. Just a dumb topic lol!Ends justify the means homie :dance:

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 05:59 PM
Ends justify the means homie :dance:

Trust me on this one. :nod: :clap: :ohno:

lol, please
01-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Trust me on this one. :nod: :clap: :ohno:Nah, not for LeBron though. :nono:

Only Wade and Durant

WaDe03
01-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Nah, not for LeBron though. :nono:

Only Wade and Durant

Wade is the one true GOAT, they knew not to mention him as 5 Wades would sweep 4-0 with a win margin of 100 PPG. :clap:

Hitz_em_up
01-08-2018, 07:21 PM
Jordan is in his 50s right now lol.

1st or 2nd post of mine but this comment is a Lil funny. Reason I came to post is regarding ppl like basch152, he is flat wrong. He is saying this year's kd/curry warriors team can beat 5 Jordans. He is wrong as Jordan went 72-10 with a team with 2 fellow HOFers where Rodman barely scored and won a championship. This Warriors team has already lost 8 games this season but is built very well.

Now to finish off basch152, the question is 5 Mike Jordans. You're picking the stats you want to your advantage, so can the next person. The question never said anything about which years but advantage here is he's the same person.

So I'll take

1. 1988 Jordan (Defensive PoY, MVP)
2. 1989 Jordan (shot 52% and 37 3pt% with Defensive 1st team, avg 8 rebounds and 8 assist)
3. 1991 Jordan (shot 53% and 31 3pt%, MVP and Defensive 1stTeam)
4. 1996 Jordan (shot 49% and 42 3pt%, MVP and Defensive 1stTeam)
5. 1993 Jordan (shot 49% and 35 3pt% Defensive 1stTeam)

Jordan 1 on Durant
Jordan 2 on Green
Jordan 3 on Curry
Jordan 4 on Thompson
Jordan 5 on maybe (zaza or Iguodala depending on how you want to view the starting 5)

I'll take 5 Jordans any day of the week vs this warriors team mainly because all Jordans are defensive 1st teams and a defensive player of the year. Sure green also has a DPoY but he won't out run Jordan 89 lol. IQ from all the Jordans will win in the end, especially with the will to win at any cost Jordan had.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-08-2018, 09:19 PM

Why would Jordan want to show himself up? Whichever one takes the shot, Jordan is getting the credit no matter what.

I get he was a dick but having a clone that thinks the exact same way as you should be the 1 scenario you trust someone else completely. Why would SG Jordan ball hog against PG/SF/PF/C Jordan?

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Why would Jordan want to show himself up? Whichever one takes the shot, Jordan is getting the credit no matter what.

I get he was a dick but having a clone that thinks the exact same way as you should be the 1 scenario you trust someone else completely. Why would SG Jordan ball hog against PG/SF/PF/C Jordan?I think you are the one person out of 112 posts that still thinks this is one Jordan brain controlling 5 bodies lol

ewing
01-08-2018, 09:24 PM
It's the combination of stats and accolades. The metrics can't be debated. The rings prove the formula works. You can sit and and say "well they only have two now" but we all know they will finish with at least 2-3 more with this core at least.

you are going to lose to OKC in the 2nd round

Raps18-19 Champ
01-08-2018, 09:59 PM
I think you are the one person out of 112 posts that still thinks this is one Jordan brain controlling 5 bodies lol

It doesn't have to be 1 mind 5 bodies but are you guys actually assuming Jordan wouldn't realize he is playing with 4 other Jordans?

Part of Jordan's reputation of being some sort of dick was because others didn't meet his expectation and that he felt he needed to do it himself. If Jordan thought so highly of himself, and at the same time he realized that he is playing with another Michael Jordan, then he doesn't have to be the dick you people think he's going to be. It's a problem that fixes itself.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 10:02 PM
It doesn't have to be 1 mind 5 bodies but are you guys actually assuming Jordan wouldn't realize he is playing with 4 other Jordans?

Part of Jordan's reputation of being some sort of dick was because others didn't meet his expectation and that he felt he needed to do it himself. If Jordan thought so highly of himself, and at the same time he realized that he is playing with another Michael Jordan, then he doesn't have to be the dick you people think he's going to be. It's a problem that fixes itself.You are playing a very weird game here. I'm pretty sure Michael Jordan isn't aware that the other player is him. I feel like you are taking this a touch too literally. My understanding is these are 5 distinct human beings who all happen to possess Michael Jordan's game and makeup.

For example, let's say there are 5 people on earth who are essentially perfect copies of the player we know as Michael Jordan. But they have different faces, have never met. Then one day they all happen to be at the gym when the warriors show up. Call me crazy but I feel like every other person has operated on this type of understanding

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 10:09 PM
If the question is, if Michael Jordan got his hands on a cloning machine and cloned himself 4 times would he be able to beat the warriors, well.... duh.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-08-2018, 10:10 PM
You are playing a very weird game here. I'm pretty sure Michael Jordan isn't aware that the other player is him. I feel like you are taking this a touch too literally. My understanding is these are 5 distinct human beings who all happen to possess Michael Jordan's game and makeup.

As long as they realize they are playing with equal talented individuals, the scenario doesn't really make a difference.

Jordan being a dick was as much about his teammates not being able to get the job done as much as it was him needing to feed his ego. He gladly fit in within the Dream team because he knew his teammates would get it done. If he realizes his teammates are talented enough to win, then he's not going to put individual stats at the expense of team success.

He's never put individual success at the expense of team success before so I don't really understand how we can suddenly assume he's gong to be a bigger dick just because now has better teammates and that it's somehow going come to the point where him being a dick puts team success at the expense of his counting stats.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-08-2018, 10:12 PM
You are playing a very weird game here. I'm pretty sure Michael Jordan isn't aware that the other player is him. I feel like you are taking this a touch too literally. My understanding is these are 5 distinct human beings who all happen to possess Michael Jordan's game and makeup.

For example, let's say there are 5 people on earth who are essentially perfect copies of the player we know as Michael Jordan. But they have different faces, have never met. Then one day they all happen to be at the gym when the warriors show up. Call me crazy but I feel like every other person has operated on this type of understanding

It doesn't change anything. If Jordan realized that his teammates can get the job done (whether he knows there are 4 other Jordans or at the very least, 4 "strangers" that he knows to have equal abilities), why would he put team success in danger just so he can get his counting stats.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Thats the rub though. Michael Jordan isn't Michael Jordan if he doesn't KNOW that he is better than you. It's part of his persona. Kobe had the same gene if you will. Part of what made him so great is that he didn't even allow for the possibility that he isn't superior to you.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Anyways, if i was viewing the question the same way as you I would agree with your answer

Raps18-19 Champ
01-08-2018, 10:18 PM
Thats the rub though. Michael Jordan isn't Michael Jordan if he doesn't KNOW that he is better than you. It's part of his persona. Kobe had the same gene if you will.

Michael Jordan doesn't seem like the guy who would jeopardize team success to find out either. I would bet he would hate losing more than him being slightly behind 1 guy in counting stats.

IKnowHoops
01-09-2018, 02:50 AM

Party foul, overthinking

IKnowHoops
01-09-2018, 02:54 AM
1st or 2nd post of mine but this comment is a Lil funny. Reason I came to post is regarding ppl like basch152, he is flat wrong. He is saying this year's kd/curry warriors team can beat 5 Jordans. He is wrong as Jordan went 72-10 with a team with 2 fellow HOFers where Rodman barely scored and won a championship. This Warriors team has already lost 8 games this season but is built very well.

Now to finish off basch152, the question is 5 Mike Jordans. You're picking the stats you want to your advantage, so can the next person. The question never said anything about which years but advantage here is he's the same person.

So I'll take

1. 1988 Jordan (Defensive PoY, MVP)
2. 1989 Jordan (shot 52% and 37 3pt% with Defensive 1st team, avg 8 rebounds and 8 assist)
3. 1991 Jordan (shot 53% and 31 3pt%, MVP and Defensive 1stTeam)
4. 1996 Jordan (shot 49% and 42 3pt%, MVP and Defensive 1stTeam)
5. 1993 Jordan (shot 49% and 35 3pt% Defensive 1stTeam)

Jordan 1 on Durant
Jordan 2 on Green
Jordan 3 on Curry
Jordan 4 on Thompson
Jordan 5 on maybe (zaza or Iguodala depending on how you want to view the starting 5)

I'll take 5 Jordans any day of the week vs this warriors team mainly because all Jordans are defensive 1st teams and a defensive player of the year. Sure green also has a DPoY but he won't out run Jordan 89 lol. IQ from all the Jordans will win in the end, especially with the will to win at any cost Jordan had.

This thread definitely brought to light which people actually watched Jordan. They no the myth, but obviously werenít able to watch season after season, finals after finals, domination after domination. This guy gets it. Yíall boys are silly.

IKnowHoops
01-09-2018, 02:58 AM

Part of Jordan's reputation of being some sort of dick was because others didn't meet his expectation and that he felt he needed to do it himself. If Jordan thought so highly of himself, and at the same time he realized that he is playing with another Michael Jordan, then he doesn't have to be the dick you people think he's going to be. It's a problem that fixes itself.

Exactly. He gives the respect a player deserves. Jordan would wow Jordan, and beat Jordan, so Jordan would not only respect Jordan, he would cherish playing with a guy who competed and was as gifted as he was. The team would be a bunch of mad men making unbelievable plays everywhere. Jordan was an AMAZING passer! It would be poetry!

IKnowHoops
01-09-2018, 03:01 AM

What? Curry gets to know how good his teammates are, but mike doesnít get to know how good his teammates are. He doesnít get to know he has the GOAT playing 1-5? I donít get the logic...on no team does that exist.

IKnowHoops
01-09-2018, 03:02 AM
If the question is, if Michael Jordan got his hands on a cloning machine and cloned himself 4 times would he be able to beat the warriors, well.... duh.

I donít what other question you thought it could be, or more importantly how it would make a difference from anything you thought it could of been.

IKnowHoops
01-09-2018, 03:08 AM
As long as they realize they are playing with equal talented individuals, the scenario doesn't really make a difference.

Jordan being a dick was as much about his teammates not being able to get the job done as much as it was him needing to feed his ego. He gladly fit in within the Dream team because he knew his teammates would get it done. If he realizes his teammates are talented enough to win, then he's not going to put individual stats at the expense of team success.

He's never put individual success at the expense of team success before so I don't really understand how we can suddenly assume he's gong to be a bigger dick just because now has better teammates and that it's somehow going come to the point where him being a dick puts team success at the expense of his counting stats.

Man, these youngsters truly believe the exact same selfish tendencies Kobe had can be attributed to Mike as well. Thatís one tell they are young.

Mikeís Goal - Win Championships
Kobeís Goal- Be better than Mike

It difference showed clearly in there games. Jordan made the play that won. Kobe attempted the play he thought could make him outshine Mike.

Jamiecballer
01-09-2018, 09:15 AM
What? Curry gets to know how good his teammates are, but mike doesnít get to know how good his teammates are. He doesnít get to know he has the GOAT playing 1-5? I donít get the logic...on no team does that exist.Well... yeah. it wasn't specified at any point in time that these hypothetical non existent beings would have intimate familiarity with each other. Clearly the parameters of this conversation were too vague.

IKnowHoops
01-09-2018, 01:17 PM
Well... yeah. it wasn't specified at any point in time that these hypothetical non existent beings would have intimate familiarity with each other. Clearly the parameters of this conversation were too vague.

Never heard of a team that would work like that. How could 5 Mikes not have an intimate relationship like any team? They actually have more since itís 5 of the same person.

If Iím Mike, and 4 Mikes show up as my teammates...do you remember what happened when Smith stuck his hand into the oracle?...and just started laughing? Thatís what all 5 Mikes would do the second they find out that there teammates are Mike.

FlashBolt
01-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Only to Jordan fanboys would five Jordan's beat the greatest team assembled because well, he's Jordan.

tredigs
01-09-2018, 01:26 PM
This thread feels like you're one step away from jumping the shark completely and telling us a team of all Jordan's or all Bron's would be the best possible team you could assemble. In case it needs to be said, that's not how hoops works. And frankly this is nothing more than an exercise to say that some players are more versatile positionally than others.

Heediot
01-09-2018, 01:37 PM
Only to Jordan fanboys would five Jordan's beat the greatest team assembled because well, he's Jordan.

Jordan is that good. so is James. James better chance with more size, strength and length. even 5 pgs would pose a serious threat. like tredigs said it's an exercise in verstility. persobally I think he's matches up better here vs. a dominant big man or two led contenders.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 01:43 PM

No.....a team of 5 cloned Michael Jordan's would **** the Warriors up. I would be very surprised if it wasn't a sweep.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
This thread feels like you're one step away from jumping the shark completely and telling us a team of all Jordan's or all Bron's would be the best possible team you could assemble. In case it needs to be said, that's not how hoops works. And frankly this is nothing more than an exercise to say that some players are more versatile positionally than others.

Yea thats definitely not the case but in this scenario 5 Jordans would definitely win. They wouldn't beat a team of:

Magic
Jordan
LeBron
TD
Kareem

But in this scenario Jordan has a big advantage at each position. Plus they would have to guard him 1 on 1, it would be over pretty quick.

valade16
01-09-2018, 01:46 PM
The only reason this can be entertained is because GS plays small ball and has sub-par Centers for a historically dominant team so MJ won't seemingly look as foolish trying to guard C's.

Can someone give me a compelling reason the "death lineup" vs MJ wouldn't be a compelling discussion?

Curry - MJ
Klay - MJ
Iggy - MJ
KD - MJ
Dray - MJ

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 01:47 PM
The only reason this can be entertained is because GS plays small ball and has sub-par Centers for a historically dominant team so MJ won't seemingly look as foolish trying to guard C's.

Can someone give me a compelling reason the "death lineup" vs MJ wouldn't be a compelling discussion?

Curry - MJ
Klay - MJ
Iggy - MJ
KD - MJ
Dray - MJ

Because MJ is the far better player and has huge mismatches at the 1-2-3-5

tredigs
01-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Because MJ is the far better player and has huge mismatches at the 1-2-3-5

In a team game you tailor to your league and the competition. If MJ was the actual comp they could make their team worse by trading Klay for Marc Gasol and this thing is a wrap. Curry/Iguodala/KD/Draymond/Gasol are crushing 5 Jordan's, and yet are worse off in today's league.

tredigs
01-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Also even as is if even one of Golden States players proved to need a double team by the Mike's (even if it's Zaza in the post, which is far from a leap of faith considering he's a fairly skilled large/strong 7 footer who bullies Bron in the paint), then this is a wrap as is.

lol, please
01-09-2018, 02:37 PM
This thread feels like you're one step away from jumping the shark completely and telling us a team of all Jordan's or all Bron's would be the best possible team you could assemble. In case it needs to be said, that's not how hoops works. And frankly this is nothing more than an exercise to say that some players are more versatile positionally than others./thread

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 03:06 PM
In a team game you tailor to your league and the competition. If MJ was the actual comp they could make their team worse by trading Klay for Marc Gasol and this thing is a wrap. Curry/Iguodala/KD/Draymond/Gasol are crushing 5 Jordan's, and yet are worse off in today's league.

I highly doubt it.

Jamiecballer
01-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Never heard of a team that would work like that. How could 5 Mikes not have an intimate relationship like any team? They actually have more since itís 5 of the same person.

If Iím Mike, and 4 Mikes show up as my teammates...do you remember what happened when Smith stuck his hand into the oracle?...and just started laughing? Thatís what all 5 Mikes would do the second they find out that there teammates are Mike.

well ffs the question didn't mention things like whether this was literally MJ cloned 4 times or whether we were all to imagine a team with 5 "Michael Jordans", ie 5 guys that have the same body, skills and mental makeup, for better or worse (and yes, there are definitely parts of his unique mindset and way of viewing things that could create issues. it's not all positives. lest we forget this is a guy who took a ceremony to bestow the highest honor a basketball player can get - as an opportunity to blast people).

maybe i'm in the minority - but my honest belief is that i am not, that most people would have taken this question in a way similar to the way i did. the idea that Michael Jordan is going to show up at the gym and be like, '****! i get to play with 4 more of me' never crossed my mind because not only is that crazy stupid but this thread wouldn't have generated 20 responses.

atm though what i really can't understand is how you can't wrap your head around this.

effen5
01-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Come on guys this is silly.

5 Jordans would decimate the Warriors and it wouldn't even be close.

I mean nobody on the Warriors team could guard MJ while MJ would lock every player on the Warriors down.

Don't forget, while Jordan is an offensive juggernaut he is just as scary defensively.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2018, 03:50 PM

he actually started to develop his midrange game in 88' or so (it actually started after his ankle injury, as he toyed with his jumper and footwork), and by the time he was in his absolute peak in 90-91', both his athleticism, and mid range game where front and center.

But yes, some of what you say is very true. He also started to develop his away from the rim game to counter Detroit's protect the rim at all costs mentality. He found he could get a shot off easily against anyone that guarded him, but as he started to develop his jumper, he also found teams started guarding him outside, opening up the lane even more. Around the time he started to get back into the game after his hiatus, he clearly started utilizing the midrange a LOT more, but he did keep his ability to attack into his 30's, it just wasn't as vicious as it was in the 80s, and early 90s.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2018, 03:52 PM
why is this question being entertained? 5 players, no matter how great, that are the exact same, will overlap so badly, it wouldn't work. Not against a team that is balanced, and great in its own right.

Warriors would win in 4-5 in this stupid hypothetical.

lol, please
01-09-2018, 03:54 PM
why is this question being entertained? 5 players, no matter how great, that are the exact same, will overlap so badly, it wouldn't work. Not against a team that is balanced, and great in its own right.

Warriors would win in 4-5 in this stupid hypothetical.Exactly this.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 03:58 PM

I know for a fact 5 LeBrons would dominate the Warriors. Hell 5 KDs would dominate the Warriors.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2018, 04:06 PM
I know for a fact 5 LeBrons would dominate the Warriors. Hell 5 KDs would dominate the Warriors.

what would the other 4 LeBron's do while the first one was dribbling the air out of the ball? Spot up and hit a 3? oh wait..

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 05:03 PM
what would the other 4 LeBron's do while the first one was dribbling the air out of the ball? Spot up and hit a 3? oh wait..

Slash and yea LeBron can actually shoot pretty damn good now. They could run multiple pick n roll/pop etc. the dude is a straight genius, they would easily figure it out. You all are crazy if you don't think 5 LeBrons would dominate the Warriors.

FlashBolt
01-09-2018, 05:44 PM

LeBron's case is different. Jordan is a totally different player both physically and stylistically. LeBron could practically play all five positions vs the Warriors since they play really small. If we're doing these hypotheticals, that 5x one player must have a physical advantage from nearly all aspects of the game. 5 KD's as well cause you would have a guy who's length and height would just make it impossible for some of these guys to get their shot off with a clean look. I don't see how Jordan can stop Draymond/any other disposable C Warriors have.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 06:06 PM
LeBron's case is different. Jordan is a totally different player both physically and stylistically. LeBron could practically play all five positions vs the Warriors since they play really small. If we're doing these hypotheticals, that 5x one player must have a physical advantage from nearly all aspects of the game. 5 KD's as well cause you would have a guy who's length and height would just make it impossible for some of these guys to get their shot off with a clean look. I don't see how Jordan can stop Draymond/any other disposable C Warriors have.

Jordan would lock Draymond and Zaza up.

FlashBolt
01-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Jordan would lock Draymond and Zaza up.

I mean, if you believe that nonsense then sure. If you think Jordan would outrebound Draymond+Zaza, go for it. If you think Jordan could stop Curry+Durant, I am not going to convince you otherwise. There's only so many 2's Jordan could make while trying to cover bigger players at three other positions before the Warriors just unload a barrage of threes and finish him. There's nothing even remotely competitive about a matchup like this.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 06:48 PM
I mean, if you believe that nonsense then sure. If you think Jordan would outrebound Draymond+Zaza, go for it. If you think Jordan could stop Curry+Durant, I am not going to convince you otherwise. There's only so many 2's Jordan could make while trying to cover bigger players at three other positions before the Warriors just unload a barrage of threes and finish him. There's nothing even remotely competitive about a matchup like this.

If you think Curry Klay Durant Green or Zaza could guard Jordan than that's on you. I think 5 Jordans collectively could do a good job of rebounding and no one has a mismatch against Jordan while Jordan has a mismatch at the 1-2-4-5. Guy like Jordan and LeBron would just run them to death in the fast break turning defense to offense. The fact that some of you really believe a team with such a talent gap would beat 5 Jordans is just crazy to me. I promise you that you all are thinking way too hard and this and trying to dig way deeper than you need to.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Imagine Zaza or Curry trying to guard Jordan 1 on 1, lmao! I watched a 34 year old Wade bully the **** lit of Klay in Miami so I'm sure prime Jordan would too. Green wouldn't be able to keep up. The only guy that isn't at a huge disadvantage is Durant because of length but his defense won't be as good as it is when his teammates can't help.

Heediot
01-09-2018, 06:53 PM

The perimeter defense is not the problem, he'll be able to make the switches on the shooters. The post defense is something else. But his closing speed is elite and If he has to double I think the 3 other Jordans are fast enough to cover up. Since some sort of zone is allowed I think that protects him. The Cavs before KD came gave Curry all kinds of fits, and KD is given problems in the playoffs too before he joined GS. Small guys like Tony Allen and Paul gave him fits. I don't see the problem with 5 MJ's on the Perimeter guys in GS. Rebounding is another thing though, how many 2nd chance points is he going to give u?

Jordan needs to speed up the game and press a lot. With him flying all over the court, they'd probably at least waste 10-15 seconds just getting set up. If they want to have a track meet with MJ's , I'm talking the Jordan's even with the potential lethal transition pull up 3's from GS. This also takes out Zaza, and the bigs more as they have to work their ***** up and down the floor. I'm also taking the Jordan's transition defense over GS's transition d.

FlashBolt
01-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Imagine Zaza or Curry trying to guard Jordan 1 on 1, lmao! I watched a 34 year old Wade bully the **** lit of Klay in Miami so I'm sure prime Jordan would too. Green wouldn't be able to keep up. The only guy that isn't at a huge disadvantage is Durant because of length but his defense won't be as good as it is when his teammates can't help.

Right. And Jordan can guard Curry as well because? He isn't going to stop Curry or KD at all just like they won't stop him. How many times do we have to repeat that a GOAT-level talent player can't be stopped? Curry can drop 30 on Jordan as well as KD. Zaza is clumsy and goofy but there isn't anything a 220 lb player can do to stop someone who is just bigger. Zaza would have like 40-50 lbs on Jordan and a half a foot height advantage. What's Jordan going to do there? Draymond is smaller but he's still bigger than Jordan. I'm not seeing a scenario where Jordan can outplay a well-oiled system of a team just because he's Jordan. I'd give a better chance to the five AD's than five Jordan's.

The perimeter defense is not the problem, he'll be able to make the switches on the shooters. The post defense is something else. But his closing speed is elite and If he has to double I think the 3 other Jordans are fast enough to cover up. Since some sort of zone is allowed I think that protects him. The Cavs before KD came gave Curry all kinds of fits, and KD is given problems in the playoffs too before he joined GS. Small guys like Tony Allen and Paul gave him fits. I don't see the problem with 5 MJ's on the Perimeter guys in GS. Rebounding is another thing though, how many 2nd chance points is he going to give u?

Jordan needs to speed up the game and press a lot. With him flying all over the court, they'd probably at least waste 10-15 seconds just getting set up. If they want to have a track meet with MJ's , I'm talking their Jordan even with the potential lethal transition 3's. This also takes out Zaza, and the bigs more as they have to work their ***** up and down the floor.

Have you seen Jordan play defense without the excessive hand-checking? I haven't. Have we seen Jordan guard the three? I haven't. I'm just not sure how you would expect Jordan to accomplish beating a historic level team especially when there is too much overlapse in their abilities. He's a scorer. He'll look to score. And it won't be by shooting the three - where Warriors will have a clear advantage. How does Jordan close out on three shooters who don't care what you stick in front of their face? Has he faced anything like that? Perimeter defense works preventing a player from getting closer to the basket. Klay+KD+Curry can shoot well behind the three point line. No perimeter defense can stop a player who can do those things. It's why the Warriors can be down 10 points but be up 20 points by the end of the quarter.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Right. And Jordan can guard Curry as well because? He isn't going to stop Curry or KD at all just like they won't stop him. How many times do we have to repeat that a GOAT-level talent player can't be stopped? Curry can drop 30 on Jordan as well as KD. Zaza is clumsy and goofy but there isn't anything a 220 lb player can do to stop someone who is just bigger. Zaza would have like 40-50 lbs on Jordan and a half a foot height advantage. What's Jordan going to do there? Draymond is smaller but he's still bigger than Jordan. I'm not seeing a scenario where Jordan can outplay a well-oiled system of a team just because he's Jordan. I'd give a better chance to the five AD's than five Jordan's.

Have you seen Jordan play defense without the excessive hand-checking? I haven't. Have we seen Jordan guard the three? I haven't. I'm just not sure how you would expect Jordan to accomplish beating a historic level team especially when there is too much overlapse in their abilities. He's a scorer. He'll look to score. And it won't be by shooting the three - where Warriors will have a clear advantage. How does Jordan close out on three shooters who don't care what you stick in front of their face? Has he faced anything like that? Perimeter defense works preventing a player from getting closer to the basket. Klay+KD+Curry can shoot well behind the three point line. No perimeter defense can stop a player who can do those things. It's why the Warriors can be down 10 points but be up 20 points by the end of the quarter.

So you're telling me Jordan can't guard Curry? Did you watch Jordan? I'll take my chances with Jordan on KD as I saw a smaller CP3 give KD fits multiple times. The Zaza and Green stuff is irrelevant, it doesn't flatter how big they are Jordan will stop them, their offensive games are average. Jordan is an athletic freak.

I honestly can't believe some of you really think this. It's just completely baffling, perfect example of people overthinking.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-09-2018, 09:27 PM

Zaza doesn't even touch the floor. He would get battered guarding MJ.

lol, please
01-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Imagine Zaza or Curry trying to guard Jordan 1 on 1, lmao! I watched a 34 year old Wade bully the **** lit of Klay in Miami so I'm sure prime Jordan would too. Green wouldn't be able to keep up. The only guy that isn't at a huge disadvantage is Durant because of length but his defense won't be as good as it is when his teammates can't help.Curry would bully Jordan on his way inside

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Curry would bully Jordan on his way inside

Has eDush taken over your account? This is blasphemy!

ewing
01-09-2018, 09:53 PM
Also even as is if even one of Golden States players proved to need a double team by the Mike's (even if it's Zaza in the post, which is far from a leap of faith considering he's a fairly skilled large/strong 7 footer who bullies Bron in the paint), then this is a wrap as is.

Why? Every team gives help. Do you think any GS players are going to get away with no giving help on any of MJs? Do you think they will rotate faster on D then the MJs? Do you think they will get away with holding/intimidate refs more then the 5 GOAT clones? Its a massacre son! Just be thankful that its just a nightmare and despite there vulnerability the Warriors are still the best team in the NBA

ewing
01-09-2018, 10:01 PM

if the GS were willing to change the makeup of there whole team in a way that made them worse against the rest of the league but matched them up better with the Jordans they would pretty much be saying we cant beat the Jordans

ewing
01-09-2018, 11:46 PM

It works when the skill don't end. Paul and Harden are both great with the ball, they are also both way better then average off it. So long as they are willing to fit in, Houston is a better spot then a team with a great PG and a average SG.

IKnowHoops
01-10-2018, 12:22 AM
Yea thats definitely not the case but in this scenario 5 Jordans would definitely win. They wouldn't beat a team of:

Magic
Jordan
LeBron
TD
Kareem

But in this scenario Jordan has a big advantage at each position. Plus they would have to guard him 1 on 1, it would be over pretty quick.

That series goes 7

IKnowHoops
01-10-2018, 12:25 AM

Curry - MJ
Klay - MJ
Iggy - MJ
KD - MJ
Dray - MJ

Itís just stupidity to think MJ5 doesnít eat this team up on both sides. One MJ that doesnít have to worry about carrying the scoring load would wreak unbelievable amounts of Havok. Well here is 5 of them.

IKnowHoops
01-10-2018, 12:26 AM

F no...

IKnowHoops
01-10-2018, 12:27 AM

Lol, but everyone needs double team help, at ever position. Curry is much more helpless against Mike, than Mike is against Gasol.

IKnowHoops
01-10-2018, 12:30 AM
well ffs the question didn't mention things like whether this was literally MJ cloned 4 times or whether we were all to imagine a team with 5 "Michael Jordans", ie 5 guys that have the same body, skills and mental makeup, for better or worse (and yes, there are definitely parts of his unique mindset and way of viewing things that could create issues. it's not all positives. lest we forget this is a guy who took a ceremony to bestow the highest honor a basketball player can get - as an opportunity to blast people).

maybe i'm in the minority - but my honest belief is that i am not, that most people would have taken this question in a way similar to the way i did. the idea that Michael Jordan is going to show up at the gym and be like, '****! i get to play with 4 more of me' never crossed my mind because not only is that crazy stupid but this thread wouldn't have generated 20 responses.

atm though what i really can't understand is how you can't wrap your head around this.

I donít see a difference in what happens on the court? 5 Jordanís or 5 guys with Jordanís same exact mind and skill. There is no difference at all. There no way to take this that makes one bit of difference.

IKnowHoops
01-10-2018, 12:35 AM
The funny thing about this is, I guarantee Tre thinks 5 Curryís would beat the Warriors. And Iíd agree actually. The spacing would be dumb funny. Theyíd score 220 lol

Jamiecballer
01-10-2018, 12:39 AM
I donít see a difference in what happens on the court? 5 Jordanís or 5 guys with Jordanís same exact mind and skill. There is no difference at all. There no way to take this that makes one bit of difference.I give up dude, you are dense or trying your best to appear so.

lol, please
01-10-2018, 12:42 AM
Lol, but everyone needs double team help, at ever position. Curry is much more helpless against Mike, than Mike is against Gasol.Please, Curry would lock Jordan up homie.

ewing
01-10-2018, 12:48 AM
Please, Curry would lock Jordan up homie.

Heís like a neutered John Starks. I donít think heíd need help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
01-10-2018, 12:54 AM
Do you guys honestly not have anything better to do than to post multiple paragraphs over and over to strangers about stuff that can never be proven/disproven?

ewing
01-10-2018, 12:59 AM
Do you guys honestly not have anything better to do than to post multiple paragraphs over and over to strangers about stuff that can never be proven/disproven?

the rest these guys are soooo immature

IKnowHoops
01-10-2018, 01:43 AM
I give up dude, you are dense or trying your best to appear so.

SMH. Iím embarrassed by how you just tucked you tail. There is zero diff guy. Iím a logic guy. This is as simple as 1+1 guy. You got to deep and confused. ďF wrong wit you, you wasnít thinking what you thought it wasĒ.

You keep saying itís different, but you canít explain why or how. Your chasing your tail hard. You took one stance, changed when you realized something. But what did you realize? That you were wrong. So you tried to make it seem like the question could be looked at differently. Yet no matter how you look at it. The firepower is the same. So again...what is the diff?

IKnowHoops
01-10-2018, 01:47 AM

The thing is, these kind of posts are always an even bigger waste of time than the posts they are aimed at and in the end are just desperate cries for attention that let us know that your lonely, no one is talking to you and you want that to change.

lol, please
01-10-2018, 01:54 AM
Warriors would beat 5 Jordans and 5 Lebrons on a back to back no homo

Saddletramp
01-10-2018, 02:39 AM
The thing is, these kind of posts are always an even bigger waste of time than the posts they are aimed at and in the end are just desperate cries for attention that let us know that your lonely, no one is talking to you and you want that to change.

Took me 20 seconds to type. This idiot conversation about **** that can never be proven is 12 ****ing pages.

There's pu$$y in the world, guys. Go find some.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2018, 09:32 AM
It works when the skill don't end. Paul and Harden are both great with the ball, they are also both way better then average off it. So long as they are willing to fit in, Houston is a better spot then a team with a great PG and a average SG.

right but Paul/Harden are still different players, with varying skillsets. If you have 5 of the EXACT same guys, you will run into problems most likely. That is why this whole premise is kind of stupid.

Chronz
01-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Reminds me of those quotes on mj pre draft.

Something something, draft mj.
But we got drexler and need a center. Then play him at ducking center.

Or that one where some coach says mj would be a top tier defender at any position

Jamiecballer
01-10-2018, 10:22 AM
SMH. Iím embarrassed by how you just tucked you tail. There is zero diff guy. Iím a logic guy. This is as simple as 1+1 guy. You got to deep and confused. ďF wrong wit you, you wasnít thinking what you thought it wasĒ.

You keep saying itís different, but you canít explain why or how. Your chasing your tail hard. You took one stance, changed when you realized something. But what did you realize? That you were wrong. So you tried to make it seem like the question could be looked at differently. Yet no matter how you look at it. The firepower is the same. So again...what is the diff?I'm almost embarrassed that I am wasting everybodies time and space to respond to this but you are calling me out so what choice do I have.

There is no confusion. Basketball is a team game. One of the common denominators of great teams is the high level of trust between teammates. For some players this comes easy, for a large number of stars or alpha types it does not. Generally the bigger the star the more it seems they have difficulty shifting from a me-centric paradigm to an inclusive one. Iverson stands out as perhaps the best example because he truly never got there. Lebron and KG are certainly not the norm here.

Jordan learned to trust the role players on his team but it took time. You can point to the singular moments in time when Jordan hit, say a Paxon for a big game winning shot but that doesn't mitigate the lengthy period of time it takes to earn someone like Jordan's trust.

What does this have to do with the OP? Everything! What makes Golden State so incredible is how completely refreshingly unselfishly they move the ball. Players are interchangeable, in the broadest sense because getting a good shot is the only thing that matters. Trust is exceedingly high.

Now imagine how that applies to Jordan and 4 individuals that he has no established history with. No rapport. No trust earned through hard fought battles. The dream team doesnt count obviously since those players were superstars; even if they hadn't played together as teammates those players had well earned reputations and would have earned a certain level of respect with Jordan.

Don't hurt your head thinking on this one too hard. Seriously.

BTW I won't bother responding to your close minded future posts so don't waste people's time responding and I will do the same. Cheers.

WaDe03
01-10-2018, 10:26 AM
I think I'm going to see myself out of this one. Its just completely baffling to me that some of you really think the Warriors would beat a team made up of 5 Jordans. They wouldn't have a chance, Jordans mismatches are so much greater than any "mismatch" the Warriors would have. Crazy....

Hawkeye15
01-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Reminds me of those quotes on mj pre draft.

Something something, draft mj.
But we got drexler and need a center. Then play him at ducking center.

Or that one where some coach says mj would be a top tier defender at any position

nobody is saying a team of 5 Jordan's would be amazing. I am saying they wouldn't beat this Warriors team though..

Scoots
01-10-2018, 11:02 AM
I still say those 5 Jordans would be exhausted by game 4 and would struggle to close out the series.

effen5
01-10-2018, 12:56 PM
I still say those 5 Jordans would be exhausted by game 4 and would struggle to close out the series.

He averaged 38 minutes per game his first 13 seasons, and had 3 seasons with 40 minutes or more while averaging 32 points or more at a efficiency pace during those 3 seasons.

The average he average 40.4 minutes a game, he played 44 minutes or more 14 times in the regular season, which includes a 47 minute game, 2 48 minute games, and a 50 minute game. I actually think he would be fine.

And lets not forget his flu game where he was sick and exhausted the entire game where he played 44 minutes and dropped 38.

I think people are underestimating how good 1 jordan is, let alone 5 on one team.

lol, please
01-10-2018, 01:16 PM
He averaged 38 minutes per game his first 13 seasons, and had 3 seasons with 40 minutes or more while averaging 32 points or more at a efficiency pace during those 3 seasons.

The average he average 40.4 minutes a game, he played 44 minutes or more 14 times in the regular season, which includes a 47 minute game, 2 48 minute games, and a 50 minute game. I actually think he would be fine.

And lets not forget his flu game where he was sick and exhausted the entire game where he played 44 minutes and dropped 38.

I think people are underestimating how good 1 jordan is, let alone 5 on one team.

At this point I'd say it's the other way around. People are underestimating how good Curry and the Warriors are.

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Jordans in 4.

I wanna know who you're gonna double team lol

lol, please
01-10-2018, 02:59 PM
Jordans in 4.

I wanna know who you're gonna double team lolNo one needs to be double teamed. Let Jordan get his averages and he loses by blowout.

Scoots
01-10-2018, 03:05 PM

But playoff games day after day with no rest and an automatic forfeit if there is an injury. I just think that issue would swing the balance.

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-10-2018, 03:28 PM
No one needs to be double teamed. Let Jordan get his averages and he loses by blowout.

lol, please

Wrigheyes4MVP
01-10-2018, 03:30 PM
So, you guys do realize MJ was getting doubled when there was only one of him, right? He had to deal with all that attention on him. Now you have 5 of him and he gets one on one match ups while being able to pick who he wants to attack whenever he wants. He'll easily score at a 60% clip or higher lol.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2018, 04:05 PM
So, you guys do realize MJ was getting doubled when there was only one of him, right? He had to deal with all that attention on him. Now you have 5 of him and he gets one on one match ups while being able to pick who he wants to attack whenever he wants. He'll easily score at a 60% clip or higher lol.

would he? GS can just run zone, knowing they won't be beat from deep, and on the other side of the ball, as great of a defender as Jordan was, he is too small to deal with Durant, and not strong enough to deal with Green.

We get it. Jordan trumps every single player on the Warriors. But 5 of the same guy, even if it's Jesus, doesn't work when going against the best TEAM in history.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2018, 12:08 AM
I'm almost embarrassed that I am wasting everybodies time and space to respond to this but you are calling me out so what choice do I have.

There is no confusion. Basketball is a team game. One of the common denominators of great teams is the high level of trust between teammates. For some players this comes easy, for a large number of stars or alpha types it does not. Generally the bigger the star the more it seems they have difficulty shifting from a me-centric paradigm to an inclusive one. Iverson stands out as perhaps the best example because he truly never got there. Lebron and KG are certainly not the norm here.

Jordan learned to trust the role players on his team but it took time. You can point to the singular moments in time when Jordan hit, say a Paxon for a big game winning shot but that doesn't mitigate the lengthy period of time it takes to earn someone like Jordan's trust.

What does this have to do with the OP? Everything! What makes Golden State so incredible is how completely refreshingly unselfishly they move the ball. Players are interchangeable, in the broadest sense because getting a good shot is the only thing that matters. Trust is exceedingly high.

Now imagine how that applies to Jordan and 4 individuals that he has no established history with. No rapport. No trust earned through hard fought battles. The dream team doesnt count obviously since those players were superstars; even if they hadn't played together as teammates those players had well earned reputations and would have earned a certain level of respect with Jordan.

Don't hurt your head thinking on this one too hard. Seriously.

BTW I won't bother responding to your close minded future posts so don't waste people's time responding and I will do the same. Cheers.

AKA you know you just said a whole lot of nothing that doesnít say anything and donít want to be forced into saying a whole lot of nothing again.

5 Jordans. You said no, then duh yes. Now your talking about iverson, not trusting teammates...wtf.

Look bro. Jordan has a top tier IQ. When you put 5 guys together who see the game like John Stockton but have more ability than everyone else, itís over.

Chemistry happens because everyone always makes the right play every time. You ever go to the gym and someone gets you the ball everytime you make a cut to the basket. Then another time your open all day and the guy never sees you. Jordan will make the right cut, the right pass, the right steal at the right time cause thatís who he is. You got five guys who can do that off instinct perfectly then you have better chemistry than the Warriors, because those players arenít as cerebral as Mike...none of them.

Chemistry is needed because you need to make up for disadvantages everywhere. 5 Jordanís have only one disadvantage. They will get hurt by there size at two positions. They are going to destroy at every other phase in the game. You guys are really overthinking this, especially you. Once you start talking about Allen Iverson and his ability to work with others, you need to hit the reset button, forget everything you have said up to this point and re read the question and take it at face value bruh. Keep your calculator at home.

Even the you ran, I couldnít let you off with two pathetic posts when I know you are better than that.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2018, 12:09 AM

Give them a reasonable bench.

The Bulls championship benches make sense. Game over

IKnowHoops
01-11-2018, 12:11 AM
But playoff games day after day with no rest and an automatic forfeit if there is an injury. I just think that issue would swing the balance.

WTF dude. OK, I did not think Iíd have to be clear it would not be 5 on 12 lol.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2018, 12:13 AM
would he? GS can just run zone, knowing they won't be beat from deep, and on the other side of the ball, as great of a defender as Jordan was, he is too small to deal with Durant, and not strong enough to deal with Green.

We get it. Jordan trumps every single player on the Warriors. But 5 of the same guy, even if it's Jesus, doesn't work when going against the best TEAM in history.

I actual think your level of NBA blasphemy is greater with this statement.

5 of the same player who is a five tool player who can do more things better than everyone heís playing against would be amazing to have five of.

You donít think Jordan could be a combination of Jordan and Stockton at pg

Or just be Jordan at SG

Or be a combo of Jordan and pippin at the 3

You act like Jordan canít adjust his game. Jordan could absolutely deal with Durant. Tony Allen shut down Durant.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2018, 12:20 AM
Who wins the Justice league or 5 Supermanís?

nastynice
01-11-2018, 12:30 AM
Is this a team of just jordans and that's it, or is it a built out team and it has 5 jordans on it which you pick your spots to use in?

If the team is entirely made up of jordans then obviously warriors in 4, lol, wtf?

If a built out team with 5 jordans on it, so long as the rest of the team is competent players, then I'd say...damn, I just changed my answer, I still think the warriors would win. Probably be a deep series. Depends on the teammates too. If shaq was the center then it'd prob be the 5 jordans plus 1 shaq

IKnowHoops
01-11-2018, 02:48 AM
Is this a team of just jordans and that's it, or is it a built out team and it has 5 jordans on it which you pick your spots to use in?

If the team is entirely made up of jordans then obviously warriors in 4, lol, wtf?

If a built out team with 5 jordans on it, so long as the rest of the team is competent players, then I'd say...damn, I just changed my answer, I still think the warriors would win. Probably be a deep series. Depends on the teammates too. If shaq was the center then it'd prob be the 5 jordans plus 1 shaq

5 Jordanís.
Bench 7 Ron harpers

nastynice
01-11-2018, 04:19 AM
5 Jordanís.
Bench 7 Ron harpers

throw 2 rodmans in there and you got yourself a series

IKnowHoops
01-11-2018, 05:01 AM
throw 2 rodmans in there and you got yourself a series

In my heart of hearts, i feel 5 Jordans blow out the Warriors.

I'll bet 100% this. You simulate that ish on 2K console and the Jordans will beat the ish out of the Warriors. Please somebody simulate it or even watch it. I think I may have to.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2018, 05:12 AM
Oh my, I found it, someone actually did it on 2k although I think this might be pre Durant. Either way, I dont know what happened, Im going to post before I know the ending to be fare, but I am positive Jordan Kills.

Lets enjoy the fantasy...get your popcorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s2sKLqqzpA

IKnowHoops
01-11-2018, 05:23 AM
And another one. This one has KD on it. I am posting before I watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozPAOLK05BI

Heediot
01-11-2018, 10:01 AM

That's where it goes into speculative territory. From the energy Jordan gives on defense and his willingness to throw his body around. I have no doubt in my mind Jordan would be a defensive beast in any era. Perimeter defense is still footspeed first, hand-checking just adds more cushion and leeway. Jordan always has elite footspeed. Throw in his tenacity and willingness to go at it, I don't see how he can't lock down the perimeter.
The Warriors strength on offense plays into Jordan's strength on defense. I think he can handle Dray from anywhere. It's Zaza and McGee where the size and length will get him into trouble.

As for shooting 3's. I think if Jordan was raised in this era he'd be more than adequate and no one is leaving him open and letting him shoot a three in any era. I am projecting what I think he'll be in this era rhater then looking up at his numbers and how he actually did in the past as a 3 point guy. This is also speculative and subjective on my part. He is a more natural and smoother shooter vs. a guy like LeBron, but LeBron became a viable threat from 3 when he put in the work. Jordan would be willing to put in the work if the dynamics and the way the game is played calls for it.

"My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength." - MJ

I'll agree to disagree though as I can see the argument of size and length posing a problem for him. Personally I think he poses more problems with match-ups based on his pure talent X 5 against this Warriors team. I can see where the other side is coming from, but my bias and homerism makes me lean the other way.

Jamiecballer
01-11-2018, 11:48 AM
AKA you know you just said a whole lot of nothing that doesnít say anything and donít want to be forced into saying a whole lot of nothing again.

if that's what you think it confirms for me that you 'know hoops' and that's the extent of it. so there is zero point discussing anything with you that extends beyond the x's and o's of basketball.

FlashBolt
01-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Who wins the Justice league or 5 Supermanís?

Whoever the comic writer wants to win? Hardly the same. Terrible analogy.

FlashBolt
01-11-2018, 01:13 PM
How do you know hoops but your evidence for the Jordan's winning this hypothetical matchup is an NBA 2k simulation? The hell?

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 02:35 PM
5 Lou Williams would beat the Warriors.

lol, please
01-11-2018, 03:19 PM
How do you know hoops but your evidence for the Jordan's winning this hypothetical matchup is an NBA 2k simulation? The hell?[emoji23][emoji23]

valade16
01-11-2018, 06:22 PM
I think the 5 MJs win if it's vs Curry, Klay, Iggy, KD, Dray.

valade16
01-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Though I will say this thread is sort of proof the Warriors are the best team ever. We went from debating whether Jordan's Bulls could beat them to now just seeing if 5 MJ's could lol

nastynice
01-11-2018, 07:31 PM
5 Lou Williams would beat the Warriors.

lol, dammit!

That boy was cookin tho

nastynice
01-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Though I will say this thread is sort of proof the Warriors are the best team ever. We went from debating whether Jordan's Bulls could beat them to now just seeing if 5 MJ's could lol

But Jordans bulls would most likely beat 5 Jordans, it's a terrible match up

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 07:57 PM
lol, dammit!

That boy was cookin tho

I want him on the Cavs so bad lol. If they traded the Nets pick for him and Jordan I would be more excited about Lou

valade16
01-11-2018, 08:02 PM

I don't see how, their Center's were straight doo doo and MJ guarding Steve Kerr would be just comical to watch.

5 MJ's would lose overwhelmingly to bigger teams that have C's or PF's that could completely own the matchup with MJ. Neither the current Warriors or the 2nd 3-peat Bulls had that, so it's a closer matchup.

So 5 MJ's would actually do worse against worse teams, which shows this isn't a great way to determine what the best teams are or aren't.

tredigs
01-11-2018, 09:50 PM
And another one. This one has KD on it. I am posting before I watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozPAOLK05BI

We're all biting our fingers! Can't wait to find out the results!

Out of curiosity, do you have an underlying point to this thread, at all? Because from my perspective while a decent thought experiment (that a 1:20 ratio touched on), it ultimately means **** all.

nastynice
01-11-2018, 10:02 PM
I want him on the Cavs so bad lol. If they traded the Nets pick for him and Jordan I would be more excited about Lou

I hear ya, but Lou is a want. Legitimate defensive paint presence is a need

ELITE level paint defender is more a want than need, but its a want that fulfills a need

IKnowHoops
01-12-2018, 12:03 AM
How do you know hoops but your evidence for the Jordan's winning this hypothetical matchup is an NBA 2k simulation? The hell?

If you took that simulation as me saying "see" then I'll help you go find the Dr. who dropped you on your head and help you f him up.

IKnowHoops
01-12-2018, 12:04 AM

WTF? No!

IKnowHoops
01-12-2018, 12:06 AM
We're all biting our fingers! Can't wait to find out the results!

Out of curiosity, do you have an underlying point to this thread, at all? Because from my perspective while a decent thought experiment (that a 1:20 ratio touched on), it ultimately means **** all.

Find a thread on PSD that ultimately means more than **** all.

IKnowHoops
01-12-2018, 12:07 AM
I don't see how, their Center's were straight doo doo and MJ guarding Steve Kerr would be just comical to watch.

5 MJ's would lose overwhelmingly to bigger teams that have C's or PF's that could completely own the matchup with MJ. Neither the current Warriors or the 2nd 3-peat Bulls had that, so it's a closer matchup.

So 5 MJ's would actually do worse against worse teams, which shows this isn't a great way to determine what the best teams are or aren't.

I disagree, I see no team, better yet no starting five in NBA history that would stand a chance against 5 Mike Jordans

tredigs
01-12-2018, 12:09 AM
Find a thread on PSD that ultimately means more than **** all.

Lol. Was thinking this would be your response (and agreed). I was just genuinely curious if your thread had any underlying point to it.

IKnowHoops
01-12-2018, 12:54 AM
Lol. Was thinking this would be your response (and agreed). I was just genuinely curious if your thread had any underlying point to it.

This thread was birthed when LoL said something crazy in another thread. Now I realize how crazy this group of basketball fanatics are on this board. And how idiotic. I honestly don't think anyone associated with the NBA ...players, coaches, gm's etc would think GS stands a chance.

tredigs
01-12-2018, 01:04 AM
This thread was birthed when LoL said something crazy in another thread. Now I realize how crazy this group of basketball fanatics are on this board. And how idiotic. I honestly don't think anyone associated with the NBA ...players, coaches, gm's etc would think GS stands a chance.

I am positive that you are wrong.

FlashBolt
01-12-2018, 01:04 AM
If you took that simulation as me saying "see" then I'll help you go find the Dr. who dropped you on your head and help you f him up.

So you bring it up because? lmao.