PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant just did this

More-Than-Most
01-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Holy ****

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/05/golden-state-warriors-kevin-durant-donates-3-million-university-texas#/

gotta give credit where credit is due.... class act type move.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Good on him; still sounds like a PR move/still caring too much what people think of him

Scoots
01-05-2018, 11:18 PM
You KNOW Draymond was in his ear every day saying "you know you got more scratch than I do and I gave $3M to my school."

tredigs
01-05-2018, 11:23 PM
Reported for posting a positive thread in the general board about Kevin Durant.

tredigs
01-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Good on him; still sounds like a PR move/still caring too much what people think of him

(he's donated MILLIONS to the OKC community+schools over the years and still helps them out)

HandsOnTheWheel
01-05-2018, 11:32 PM
(he's donated MILLIONS to the OKC community+schools over the years and still helps them out)

As he should. He'll be worth over a billion dollars someday and I'm sure he gets some tax leniency in some form or another with this move

One Nut Kruk
01-05-2018, 11:49 PM

Was definitely expecting this to be something for people to criticize lol.

Donít worry, already 1 comment about it being a PR move. Only a matter of time before all the haters arrive

tredigs
01-05-2018, 11:52 PM
As he should. He'll be worth over a billion dollars someday and I'm sure he gets some tax leniency in some form or another with this move

It's all well and good that you think that, but it doesn't mesh with the reality that most don't. And rest assure the tax relief isn't offsetting the millions lmao.

lol, please
01-06-2018, 12:08 AM
Reported for posting a positive thread in the general board about Kevin Durant.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

JasonJohnHorn
01-06-2018, 12:18 AM
Given that these schools make billions (literally) off the backs of student athletes without paying them, giving money to them is the last thing I would do.

Seems like it's the school that should be giving players the $$$$$, not the other way around.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-06-2018, 12:19 AM
Lol.

basch152
01-06-2018, 02:33 AM
Given that these schools make billions (literally) off the backs of student athletes without paying them, giving money to them is the last thing I would do.

Seems like it's the school that should be giving players the $$$$$, not the other way around.

yeah, there are definitely better causes to give money to.

****, make it a scholarship program for underprivileged youth.

I don't see why people donate to schools that are literally banking billions while numerous college students work 2 jobs while eating ramen every night to still graduate with 6 figure student loans.

KnickNyKnick
01-06-2018, 03:01 AM
Kevin Durant Sold out

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2018, 03:13 AM
What a *****.

Saddletramp
01-06-2018, 03:16 AM
Yeah, giving $3 million to a school as big as UT just to get his name on part of the building? I know that he went there for a year and $3 million mighta been what they gave him to play there, but, like others have said, maybe an institution that needs it more or scholarships mighta been a little better. Don't get me wrong, good on him but yeah......

His yearly income last year was $60 million. That's like someone making $60,000 a year giving back $3,000 to their previous employer. Good for him/them but it doesn't move the needle as much for me as it might for others.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-06-2018, 03:29 AM
He knows no one is going to love him and honor him so he has to buy it. ***** ***** *****.

basch152
01-06-2018, 03:51 AM
Yeah, giving $3 million to a school as big as UT just to get his name on part of the building? I know that he went there for a year and $3 million mighta been what they gave him to play there, but, like others have said, maybe an institution that needs it more or scholarships mighta been a little better. Don't get me wrong, good on him but yeah......

His yearly income last year was $60 million. That's like someone making $60,000 a year giving back $3,000 to their previous employer. Good for him/them but it doesn't move the needle as much for me as it might for others.

good on Durant, but I'm sorry, 60 mil giving 3 mil isn't even close to the same as 60k giving 3k.

3k is still a lot to someone making 60k. 3 mil to Durant will not effect his life whatsoever. he'll still have over a hundred million sitting around by the time he retires.

More-Than-Most
01-06-2018, 04:36 AM
good on Durant, but I'm sorry, 60 mil giving 3 mil isn't even close to the same as 60k giving 3k.

3k is still a lot to someone making 60k. 3 mil to Durant will not effect his life whatsoever. he'll still have over a hundred million sitting around by the time he retires.

Like Iverson etc etc etc who went broke or damn near broke once they retired? I cant believe people are actually making this argument.

basch152
01-06-2018, 05:41 AM
Like Iverson etc etc etc who went broke or damn near broke once they retired? I cant believe people are actually making this argument.

what? Iverson is a goddamn dumbass who spent his money foolishly. that doesn't change that someone making 60 million for probably more than 10 years isn't going to be effected in the absolute slightest by 3 million.

Heediot
01-06-2018, 07:19 AM
KD maybe self conscious of his image and legacy, but the guy has a good heart. He's a fake tough guy, just like his accused Bosh. But he does good things and gives back like tre says. I respect him for that, even if there is some tax benefits however much it is. Unless your a living saint/sage, it's not common to see acts of 100 percent purity. This may not be the purest act that some want, but better to act this way than not.

basch152
01-06-2018, 10:13 AM
KD maybe self conscious of his image and legacy, but the guy has a good heart. He's a fake tough guy, just like his accused Bosh. But he does good things and gives back like tre says. I respect him for that, even if there is some tax benefits however much it is. Unless your a living saint/sage, it's not common to see acts of 100 percent purity. This may not be the purest act that some want, but better to act this way than not.

I wasn't criticizing Durant for this, like I said good for him.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to donate to a billion dollar organizations while students struggle to make ends meet.

Jamiecballer
01-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Like Iverson etc etc etc who went broke or damn near broke once they retired? I cant believe people are actually making this argument.Anyone can piss it all away but the examples are always idiots and what makes you think it would have been any different no matter what they did for a career

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
01-06-2018, 11:03 AM

Not really how taxes work. His money is INCOME and a $3 million donation will not drop him a tax bracket. There may be tax benefits if he has incorporated and can reduce the business' revenue by $3 million, but his businesses aren't making anywhere near his income from the NBA and endorsements so it's highly unlikely that reducing his business revenue $3 million came anywhere close to saving him $3 million.

Chronz
01-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Way to make a difference KD, why not donate to McDonald's while you're at it. Guy doesn't get life

KnicksorBust
01-06-2018, 01:44 PM
What I am hearing:

Rich people giving money doesn't matter because they are still rich.
Rich schools getting money doesn't matter because they are still rich.

Damn you guys have ****ed up mentalities.

Chronz
01-06-2018, 01:58 PM
What I am hearing:

Rich people SHOULD give money back. In the words of Pop, they're *** holes otherwise.

It's about WHERE and HOW that money is donated that matters. The devil is in the details and the idea of being a philanthropist is convoluted beyond measure.

My mentality is on point

Chronz
01-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Btw, I hope none of you ever donate to well known corporations or their "non profit" branches. I stopped giving to the red cross years

basch152
01-06-2018, 04:48 PM
What I am hearing:

no, rich schools don't matter because it's literally giving money to a billion dollar organization who doesn't need the money.

guarenteed all this did was put more money in the pockets of the people who run the school.

again, meanwhile numerous students are still working multiple jobs, barely scraping by, and graduating with crippling debt.

Heediot
01-06-2018, 05:11 PM
They named a facility after him hmmmm.... Suspicions are somewhat warranted. Still giving back to a cause is better then not giving back at all. But Basch and Chronz are right money could have been donated more wisely to a more pressing cause. He is pretty image conscious and this doesn't help his cause with the haters having a gym named after him.

Heediot
01-06-2018, 05:15 PM
University of Texas was also the greedy school that wanted/have their own network instead of grouping with other schools to form a conference network. I'm sure they could of afforded their own upgrades. Maybe he should of gave back to some of the communities in the DC/Balt/Virginia area where he grew up. There are alot of needy people and upgrades to facilities needed in those parts. Not too sure how involved he is with the area he grew up in.

KnicksorBust
01-06-2018, 05:31 PM
What I am hearing:

no, rich schools don't matter because it's literally giving money to a billion dollar organization who doesn't need the money.

guarenteed all this did was put more money in the pockets of the people who run the school.

again, meanwhile numerous students are still working multiple jobs, barely scraping by, and graduating with crippling debt.

Yeah rich people are all evil. Got it Bernie. :rolleyes:

WaDe03
01-06-2018, 05:52 PM

I'm also reporting for the same reason.

lol, please
01-06-2018, 06:10 PM
What I am hearing:

Damn you guys have ****ed up mentalities.Well if you put it that way, it's true. Why does it bother you?

A dude who has 10 mil donates 10k.

A dude who makes 60k a year donates 10k.

You think the guy worth 10 mil should get the same praise? Not ever Lol.

Context matters, always.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

basch152
01-06-2018, 06:47 PM
I'm also reporting for the same reason.

strawman and not comprehending what is being said.

how typical.

it's the way the US works now I guess though. help out billionaires with more millions while college students are suffering.

BKLYNpigeon
01-06-2018, 06:53 PM
why do you care about what other people do with their money? lol.