PDA

View Full Version : Who would be the best current starting five to you?

NetsPaint
01-02-2018, 10:50 PM
I have:

PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - LeBron James
C - Marc Gasol

Only players I might change is instead of Klay I'd put Harden, and instead of Kawhi I'd put Durant. Those two would be tough for me.

mngopher35
01-02-2018, 10:58 PM
Curry
Kawhi
Durant
Lebron
Green

JAZZNC
01-02-2018, 11:15 PM
Curry
Harden
Kawhi
LeBron
Gobert

More-Than-Most
01-02-2018, 11:21 PM
PG - Stephen Curry
SG - King Klay... I thought about Harden here but give me the 2 way player for this team.
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - LeBron James
C - Embiid

jaydubb
01-02-2018, 11:32 PM
Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Anthony Davis
Marc Gasol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Scoots
01-02-2018, 11:36 PM
Curry
Klay (Kawhi is TOUGH to leave out, but Klay and Curry work so well together)
KD
Green
Gasol (Though I considered AD, then mini-Draymond Jordan Bell who I think will be starting next year and is in the Warriors top 4 5 man units).

lol, please
01-02-2018, 11:38 PM
I have:

PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Kawhi Leonard
PF - LeBron James
C - Marc Gasol

Only players I might change is instead of Klay I'd put Harden, and instead of Kawhi I'd put Durant. Those two would be tough for me.I'd take your list but switch Kawhi with Durantula.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

DanG
01-02-2018, 11:48 PM
On paper:
Steph Curry
James Harden
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
DeMarcus Cousins

Fit:
Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Kristaps Porzingis

DanG
01-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Marc Gasol? :laugh:

Inefficient and past his prime.

tredigs
01-03-2018, 12:11 AM
Curry
Klay
Lebron
Giannis
AD

Come get it.

Mr.B
01-03-2018, 01:11 AM
PG: Kyrie
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: KD
PF: Anthony Davis
C: DeAndre Jordan

I didn’t go with the absolute best player at each position. I considered fit too. You have an elite distributor and rim protector. And you have elite scoring from inside and out. In addition to Nordan’s rim protection and rebounding Davis and KD are also good defenders/rebounders. Klay would be regelated to a catch and shoot guy. I’d take that lineup against any lineup posted. It has size, rebounding and scoring.

Scoots
01-03-2018, 01:25 AM
Curry
Klay
Lebron
Giannis
AD

Come get it.

Who is going to do the dirty work? And is LeBron going to move the ball and his body in the way Curry and Klay thrive?

BKLYNpigeon
01-03-2018, 01:45 AM
Curry
Klay
KD
Lebron
AD

in Kerr's Offense.

All unselfish players who can play off the ball. They can all Shoot 3s, Pass, Cut and Defend.

Jeffy25
01-03-2018, 01:45 AM
Curry
Kawahi
Bron
Durant
AD

Heediot
01-03-2018, 06:23 AM
Marc Gasol has fallen off a clip the last month or more. Grizzlies have struggled hard as he struggles and with Conley out.

Legitimate
01-03-2018, 06:53 AM
best on paper
Curry
Giannis
KD
Lebron
AD
Best all around
Curry
jimmy butler- his defense always rattled me when he played against the raps lol
kawai leonard-perfect player to put with this line up with his all around game
Lebron
Demarcus Cousins - I just believe if he had a good coach who taught him how to pass the ball and play defense he would be really good chemistry with these players

mrblisterdundee
01-03-2018, 11:58 AM
Stephen Curry
James Harden
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Durant
LeBron James

prodigy
01-03-2018, 12:56 PM
On paper:
Steph Curry
James Harden
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
DeMarcus Cousins

Fit:
Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Kristaps Porzingis

I think i agree completely

nastynice
01-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Who is going to do the dirty work? And is LeBron going to move the ball and his body in the way Curry and Klay thrive?

Yes he is. When you are on the court with curry and Klay it doesn’t matter who you are, YOU adjust

:)

WaDe03
01-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Curry
Wade
Kawhi
Durant
LeBron

mightybosstone
01-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Curry
KD
Green
Gasol (Though I considered AD, then mini-Draymond Jordan Bell who I think will be starting next year and is in the Warriors top 4 5 man units).

Dude, you can't possibly tell me that Lebron shouldn't be listed on every team in this thread. I get that you're a Warriors fan, but take off the homer goggles for a second.

Vee-Rex
01-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Contrary to (what seems to be) popular belief, I think LeBron would fit in nicely next to Steph and Klay. Can you imagine all the open shots they would get? LeBron is the best passing forward in the league and he's completely content with passing first and scoring 2nd.

In terms of fit, I think this lineup would be fantastic:

Curry
Klay
Kawhi
LeBron
Green

I mean, it has the perfect mixture of offense and defense and Green obviously can play all front court positions effectively.

valade16
01-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Curry
Harden
Kawhi
Bron
KD

Why do you even need a traditional big man? There's no big man in the NBA that is going to punish the above lineup to a greater extent than that lineup will demolish the opposition.

archdevil84
01-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Curry
Wade
kawhi
Lebron
Giannis
impossible to lose

Scoots
01-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Dude, you can't possibly tell me that Lebron shouldn't be listed on every team in this thread. I get that you're a Warriors fan, but take off the homer goggles for a second.

I just don't want my team playing LeBron ball.

mightybosstone
01-03-2018, 02:28 PM
I just don't want my team playing LeBron ball.

By "Lebron ball," do you mean "playing at a ridiculous level in the postseason that only Michael Jordan was ever capable of matching?" There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want Lebron James in their starting five, and they'd be insane to say otherwise.

mngopher35
01-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Curry
Harden
Kawhi
Bron
KD

Why do you even need a traditional big man? There's no big man in the NBA that is going to punish the above lineup to a greater extent than that lineup will demolish the opposition.

I went with green because when you have the top 4 players in ball things like screens, spacing, rebounding, defense etc become a little more needed than more scoring/playmaking from an individual. I did think about a small guy r even AD but with curry/kawhi/Durant/lebron I just am not sure harden brings as much to a team already loaded with scoring/playmaking

valade16
01-03-2018, 02:54 PM
By "Lebron ball," do you mean "playing at a ridiculous level in the postseason that only Michael Jordan was ever capable of matching?" There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want Lebron James in their starting five, and they'd be insane to say otherwise.

"Bron ball" offensive efficiency since he left for Miami:

2018: 3rd (114.1)
2017: 3rd (113.6)
2016: 3rd (110.9)
2015: 3rd (111.1)
2014: 5th (110.9)
2013: 2nd (112.3)
2012: 8th (106.6)
2011: 3rd (111.7)

So Bron ball is pretty much a lock to be Top 5 offense efficiency-wise in the NBA and most often Top 3. The only team during that span to consistently be a better offensive team is GS, who has the greatest collection of offensive talent perhaps in league history.

I'd say Bron ball has worked out pretty well.

valade16
01-03-2018, 02:55 PM
I went with green because when you have the top 4 players in ball things like screens, spacing, rebounding, defense etc become a little more needed than more scoring/playmaking from an individual. I did think about a small guy r even AD but with curry/kawhi/Durant/lebron I just am not sure harden brings as much to a team already loaded with scoring/playmaking

And I completely get that, but I think more like the Dream Team, at a certain point the sheer individual talent level of each player becomes too much to deal with lol

PayDaPiper
01-03-2018, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna go a little differently

PG Lebron
SG Klay
SF Kawhi
PF Durant
C Embiid

PayDaPiper
01-03-2018, 03:11 PM
With no set position, 5 man team, switching everything

Lebron
Durant
Kawhi
Giannis
Green

mngopher35
01-03-2018, 03:12 PM

And I completely get that, but I think more like the Dream Team, at a certain point the sheer individual talent level of each player becomes too much to deal with lol

Ya I was kinda split tbh but felt like the fit for talent drop wasn't too big. I think the top 4 players had enough talent to go for like a borderline top 10 type guy who fit better instead of looking for the 5th best player in general who's skill set might not be as effective off ball.

nastynice
01-03-2018, 03:13 PM

I think he means taking elite talent and making it look extremely mediocre ;)

I can promise you the warrior do NOT want lebron in our starting 5

nastynice
01-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Curry
KD
Green

scoots!!! :cheers: :)

Replace Gasol with iguadala and it's pretty much the best possible starting 5 in the nba

mngopher35
01-03-2018, 03:22 PM
Pretty crazy how often the Warriors are getting 3 and I even saw 4 players on the same teams. I don't think anyone else has had even 2 on the same team and in fact AD/Cousins might be the only other team with 2 players mentioned in the thread total.

In case people were starting to run with the idea the competition was getting close now and Warriors won't win easily lol. We are still screwed for a while

mightybosstone
01-03-2018, 03:24 PM
I think he means taking elite talent and making it look extremely mediocre ;)

I can promise you the warrior do NOT want lebron in our starting 5

Really? Who has he done that to? Bosh and Love? Two guys who were getting tons of touches on bad basketball teams? Aside from those two guys—who you'd have very little evidence to support—I have no idea where you're getting this argument from.

nastynice
01-03-2018, 03:26 PM
Pretty crazy how often the Warriors are getting 3 and I even saw 4 players on the same teams. I don't think anyone else has had even 2 on the same team and in fact AD/Cousins might be the only other team with 2 players mentioned in the thread total.

In case people were starting to run with the idea the competition was getting close now and Warriors won't win easily lol. We are still screwed for a while

It’s all about fit. How many people would legit rank Klay as the best sg in the league? Not many, but he’s on all these lists cuz he’s a perfect fit next to ball dominant players. Same with curry, altho he is arguably the best point guard in the league also

nastynice
01-03-2018, 03:27 PM
Really? Who has he done that to? Bosh and Love? Two guys who were getting tons of touches on bad basketball teams? Aside from those two guys—who you'd have very little evidence to support—I have no idea where you're getting this argument from.

You know kyrie’s a legit tier 2 mvp candidate right now, right?

And what you mean “aside from those two”?? lol, that’s huge, how you gonna ignore that. A top 10 player, arguably elite and if not then one step beneath, in bosh. The consensus best power forward in the game in love. These are two HUGE examples

mngopher35
01-03-2018, 03:31 PM
It’s all about fit. How many people would legit rank Klay as the best sg in the league? Not many, but he’s on all these lists cuz he’s a perfect fit next to ball dominant players. Same with curry, altho he is arguably the best point guard in the league also

Yes it is partially due to fit for sure on top of their talents. Klay/Green are not top 5 talents but fit perfectly next to stars. On top of that you get 2/4 top players in the league next to them. They are not only far and away the most talented team in the league but they have guys who fit perfectly next to stars as well (then depth/coaching).

No one is even remotely close to this team lol

mngopher35
01-03-2018, 03:35 PM

And what you mean “aside from those two”?? lol, that’s huge, how you gonna ignore that. A top 10 player, arguably elite and if not then one step beneath, in bosh. The consensus best power forward in the game in love. These are two HUGE examples

You are ignoring how they play and who else they were with. Look at Love right now without any other stars, he is killing it again (I believe his PER and WS/48 higher than Durant so far this season. One post after talking about the fit of Green/Klay I hope you would also be capable of seeing how a 1st option to a 3rd option might have to take a volume hit to fit in. There is only one ball to go around which is why players like Green are so key and far greater as a 3rd option next to volume guys as compared to players like Love/Bosh.

If either of those guys were top 10 defenders etc.

europagnpilgrim
01-03-2018, 03:35 PM
Lebron
Leonard
Durant
Davis
Cousins

KnicksorBust
01-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Curry
Kawhi
Durant
Lebron
AD

mightybosstone
01-03-2018, 04:10 PM
But Lebron was hardly holding the kid back. Look at his numbers this year, and they're pretty similar to last year's numbers. In fact, he's taking fewer shots in Boston than he did in Cleveland, so you can't tell me Kyrie didn't get the chance to prove himself in Cleveland.

Are guys putting up elite players on bad teams really elite? Because I'd argue that Bosh was a better overall player in Miami because of his improved defensive effort and ability to stretch the floor with his 3-pointer. And Love is putting up some of the best numbers of his career in Cleveland now that he's getting more touches with Kyrie gone.

Also, there's a pretty big double standard here. Durant goes to Golden State, and everyone's numbers take a slight hit. Is that a result of Curry "playing Curry ball" or Durant playing "Durant ball?" No. It's common freaking sense. If you have three top 10-15 guys on the same team, they're not going to get as many looks as they were getting on inferior teams. Bosh and Love were the odd men out playing with two ball dominant guys. Lebron hardly made those guys worse.

nastynice
01-03-2018, 04:10 PM
You are ignoring how they play and who else they were with. Look at Love right now without any other stars, he is killing it again (I believe his PER and WS/48 higher than Durant so far this season. One post after talking about the fit of Green/Klay I hope you would also be capable of seeing how a 1st option to a 3rd option might have to take a volume hit to fit in. There is only one ball to go around which is why players like Green are so key and far greater as a 3rd option next to volume guys as compared to players like Love/Bosh.

Yea I get this, this is my whole point. This is why we wouldn't want lebron on our team, he never "fits" next to other very good to elite dominant players.

valade16
01-03-2018, 04:19 PM

But did he really hold Kyrie back at all though? Kyrie made an All-NBA team playing next to LeBron and certainly was allowed to shine in the postseason.

Heck, Kyrie averaged more PPG last season on Cleveland (25.2) than he is now in Boston (24.8). Was Kyrie able to be the absolute team leader on Cleveland? No, because they had LeBron, but that didn't really hold him back in any way.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-03-2018, 04:20 PM
PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Andre Iguodala
PF - Draymond Green
C - Kevin Durant

lol, please
01-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Curry
Klay
KD
Lebron
AD

in Kerr's Offense.

All unselfish players who can play off the ball. They can all Shoot 3s, Pass, Cut and Defend.Kerrs offense over Pops, or D'antonis? [emoji848]

lol, please
01-03-2018, 04:43 PM
By "Lebron ball," do you mean "playing at a ridiculous level in the postseason that only Michael Jordan was ever capable of matching?" There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want Lebron James in their starting five, and they'd be insane to say otherwise.No, he means LeBron ball. LeBron ball hogs, and can shoot out of out games. He is the anti-warriors.

Just lol @ whoever called him the best passing forward in the league. [emoji23]

lol, please
01-03-2018, 04:44 PM
And I completely get that, but I think more like the Dream Team, at a certain point the sheer individual talent level of each player becomes too much to deal with lolNope.

The Nash/Gasol/Kobe/Howard Lakers say hi.

Terrible assumption to make.

mngopher35
01-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Yea I get this, this is my whole point. This is why we wouldn't want lebron on our team, he never "fits" next to other very good to elite dominant players.

As stated before the stats show that currently Love is killing it next to Lebron (as does the eye test). To many this isn't overly shocking because with Kyrie gone and IT out we see that he will get the benefit of being the 2nd option.

Love and Bosh were 3rd options on their teams because there were two better ones already there to take a high volume load. Unlike Draymond they aren't as capable of affecting other areas so they fall off on offense without said volume so in the 3rd option role they are more diminished (which is why I have long stated I prefer a Green type over them next to other stars, I even picked him in this thread). It has to do with the talent on the entire team and how it fits not just Lebron.

The best individual seasons by impact/stats for Curry/Klay/Green as individuals came before Durant got there. This so far has arguably been Durants worst season since 2012. This is what happens when a lot of talent gets together there is going to have to be some sort of drop off because not everyone can stay at their same volumes etc. What seperates this GS team from others is that they have extreme talent like no one else before and generally have players that fit very well together and are more interchangable to other systems.

nastynice
01-03-2018, 04:58 PM
As stated before the stats show that currently Love is killing it next to Lebron (as does the eye test). To many this isn't overly shocking because with Kyrie gone and IT out we see that he will get the benefit of being the 2nd option.

Love and Bosh were 3rd options on their teams because there were two better ones already there to take a high volume load. Unlike Draymond they aren't as capable of affecting other areas so they fall off on offense without said volume so in the 3rd option role they are more diminished (which is why I have long stated I prefer a Green type over them next to other stars, I even picked him in this thread). It has to do with the talent on the entire team and how it fits not just Lebron.

The best individual seasons by impact/stats for Curry/Klay/Green as individuals came before Durant got there. This so far has arguably been Durants worst season since 2012. This is what happens when a lot of talent gets together there is going to have to be some sort of drop off because not everyone can stay at their same volumes etc. What seperates this GS team from others is that they have extreme talent like no one else before and generally have players that fit very well together and are more interchangable to other systems.

Oh, I get you, yea I agree, him plus one more is probably a good fit. But he keeps going for big 3's, I don't know, I guess boston convinced him of something.

Oh, Bosh was more than capable of controlling the paint in miami. Bosh is stupid underrated, for him to have adjusted his game and then become that good at it, completely flies under the radar. He became a completely different player (one that stats don't really show up for) and thrived on it. That's why I keep saying, he really was a borderline elite talent. He made the biggest sacrifice in miami, he was the one who allowed them to try and become a cohesive team.

I don't know what we're seeing different here, but this has to be kd's best season in his career. The guy is just becoming flat out unstoppable in key moments. Curry seems to kinda be hitting a peak too. They are both way better with the ball in their hands now than ever before, that's what I see. They just don't have the ball in their hands as often

valade16
01-03-2018, 05:00 PM
Nope.

Nash was 38, Kobe was 34, Pau 32. Dwight was the only young player on that entire team. They did bad because they were too old. If it were prime Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight they'd have won multiple titles.

Contrast with my team where the only player over 30 is LeBron and my point stands.

mngopher35
01-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Oh, I get you, yea I agree, him plus one more is probably a good fit. But he keeps going for big 3's, I don't know, I guess boston convinced him of something.

Oh, Bosh was more than capable of controlling the paint in miami. Bosh is stupid underrated, for him to have adjusted his game and then become that good at it, completely flies under the radar. He became a completely different player (one that stats don't really show up for) and thrived on it. That's why I keep saying, he really was a borderline elite talent. He made the biggest sacrifice in miami, he was the one who allowed them to try and become a cohesive team.

I don't know what we're seeing different here, but this has to be kd's best season in his career. The guy is just becoming flat out unstoppable in key moments. Curry seems to kinda be hitting a peak too. They are both way better with the ball in their hands now than ever before, that's what I see. They just don't have the ball in their hands as often

That is the point with Love and what has made the big difference now lol. It's his most efficient season of his career and his volume is up because there is less talent around them.

They might be better in specific moments but as a whole their impact is not the same as their best seasons. If you don't remember the 72 win season I can understand blocking it out due to the ending but they were going nuts on the league individually as a trio lead by Curry. That just isn't happening in the same sense anymore but it isn't because Durant is holding everyone back, just comes down to the fit/need.

nastynice
01-03-2018, 05:27 PM
That is the point with Love and what has made the big difference now lol. It's his most efficient season of his career and his volume is up because there is less talent around them.

They might be better in specific moments but as a whole their impact is not the same as their best seasons. If you don't remember the 72 win season I can understand blocking it out due to the ending but they were going nuts on the league individually as a trio lead by Curry. That just isn't happening in the same sense anymore but it isn't because Durant is holding everyone back, just comes down to the fit/need.

no block out necessary, we followed it up with arguably the biggest joke of a competition we've ever seen in the playoffs. And NO ONE'S EVEN TAKING PAYCUTS, lmao, we're just so much better at basketball than anyone that its a joke. Why would I ever block out anything that had to do with creating that situation?

The 73 wins were great and exciting and a lot of fun, but this team is built to win chips, that one wasn't. This team is without a doubt superior, built better, more versatile, and both curry and kd are dictating the game like never before, showing the right aggressiveness at the right times. They're both in complete control of their game, like lebron started showing at the end of miami.

lol, please
01-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Nash was 38, Kobe was 34, Pau 32. Dwight was the only young player on that entire team. They did bad because they were too old. If it were prime Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight they'd have won multiple titles.

Contrast with my team where the only player over 30 is LeBron and my point stands.Oh my Lord, stop valade16.

[emoji23]

They did bad because chemistry and system /scheme matter in the NBA as underrated and unquantifiable as they are.

The age excuse. You're better than that dude.

mngopher35
01-03-2018, 05:33 PM
no block out necessary, we followed it up with arguably the biggest joke of a competition we've ever seen in the playoffs. And NO ONE'S EVEN TAKING PAYCUTS, lmao, we're just so much better at basketball than anyone that its a joke. Why would I ever block out anything that had to do with creating that situation?

The 73 wins were great and exciting and a lot of fun, but this team is built to win chips, that one wasn't. This team is without a doubt superior, built better, more versatile, and both curry and kd are dictating the game like never before, showing the right aggressiveness at the right times. They're both in complete control of their game, like lebron started showing at the end of miami.

Lol Durant literally just took a pay cut. Too bad your eyes didn't give you the goods this time.

The team that won a chip and set the wins record following was not built to win chips. If you mention 2016 finals however GS fans like yourself point out Curry injury or Green suspension etc (you just did in the other thread lol).

I agree the league is a joke now because Durant was a ***** to such a large extent. It sucks for people who like competition in the NBA and watching for the road to a title etc. You guys can enjoy the titles and I will continue betting on Warriors to win lol.

IKnowHoops
01-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Curry
Kawahi
Bron
Durant
AD

I consistently agree with you more than anyone on psd, and this list proves it.

I kinda want to get cute and put Giannis at center...yes, no?

IKnowHoops
01-03-2018, 05:39 PM

😂💣

IKnowHoops
01-03-2018, 05:44 PM

I agree.

You can’t make a team better than 5 Lebrons or 5 Mikes. At some point talent is all that matters. Great talented players are smart enough to adjust and fit in.

lol, please
01-03-2018, 05:49 PM
I agree.

You can’t make a team better than 5 Lebrons or 5 Mikes. At some point talent is all that matters. Great talented players are smart enough to adjust and fit in.

I disagree with that entirely, as as suggested above with the Nash/Kobe team as the best recent example, the Dream Team Eagles being another.

It's not just about talent, it's about fit, and system. The best talent on paper doesn't always translate to success. It's not that simple.

And no, a team of 5 Jordans isn't going to beat more traditional makeups.

a team of 5 Jordans would be swept by Durants Warriors. Jordan was the greatest ever, but he wasn't the greatest ever at everything in the game.

IKnowHoops
01-03-2018, 05:51 PM

Not sure if you have noticed, but Durant is playing much worse with Curry. And Curry isn’t as good with Durant. Great players make other player take a step back. Wake up. Bron always makes guys more efficient. That’s the most important thing.

IKnowHoops
01-03-2018, 05:55 PM

Boooooom! Nasty your whole stance has just been destroyed. The affect Bron has on Love, has him playing better than Durant. Meaning Curry is totally and completely f-Ing up KD’s game. 😂😭

IKnowHoops
01-03-2018, 05:58 PM
Nope.

No they don’t say hi

Chronz
01-03-2018, 05:59 PM

Giannis Antetokounmpo: “He’s the number-one option right now. He knows that. His teammates know that. He’s out there having fun, as you can tell. He’s just competing hard.”

Harrison Barnes: “I don’t know if he does anything differently, but he has more of an opportunity. He’s the number-one option. The difference is that he plays more of his game. I think he scores in a variety of ways. He can shoot the three, get to the money and finish, and have the in-between game, which makes things really hard to scout.”

Marcin Gortat: “He’s Kyrie Irving. He’s always going to get you 20. It doesn’t matter what day or what game or what team. He’s always going to get you 20. First of all, he takes a certain amount of shots that he will make half of them, or a one third of them, and he’s going to get 20 easily. He’s leading his team. He’s good.”

Gary Harris: “He’s still the same person. He’s just holding these guys accountable. You notice in the fourth quarter he’s getting on guys — even though they’re up — getting on them about taking care of the ball, making sure they’re running the play the right way. He’s stepping up and becoming more of a leader than he already was.”

Udonis Haslem: “He’s still just as dominant. He’s still a game-changer. He’s still got a great handle. He’s still probably going to be the best point guard on the floor, no matter what team he’s on. But this is his team. It’s clear this is his team. You can see he’s a young fella — with the opportunity to have his own team — who wants to prove that he could be the guy to lead the team to the championship. I understand his ambition, and I understand him wanting to be great.”

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson: “He’s playing without a really, really good superstar, which is LeBron, but he also has really good pieces here and talented young guys. Kyrie’s a playmaker. Him having the ball in his hands a lot more just kind of draws people to him. He can get to the basket and finish, but he’s also kicking it out to shooters and other guys that can make plays — versus a lot of time in Cleveland, he just sat in the corner or waited for LeBron to do it. Going down the stretch in Boston, they look at him: ‘Let’s go. Let’s do it.’ In Cleveland, they looked at LeBron like that.”

Jonas Jerebko: “He’s the man in Boston. He was obviously the man in Cleveland, too, but he had LeBron with him. He’s really showcasing what he can do and getting more space to do his thing. He’s got an unbelievable handle and an ability to get to the rim at any point. He’s one of the best players in the league, so it’s good to see him blossom out.”

Richard Jefferson: “No differences. It looks like he’s playing the same, aggressive, good basketball that he’s always played that’s led him to being an All-Star and an NBA champion.”

Joe Johnson: “It’s totally different because he’s so in control of the game. He can really pick his spots — when he wants to attack versus when he wants to be kind of passive and get other guys involved. He controls that from start to finish.”

Robin Lopez: “He’s playing pretty freely in Boston, not that he didn’t in Cleveland, but I think he’s definitely enjoying being ‘that guy’ here. He’s definitely getting his shots, but he’s also putting guys in the right places. He’s making everybody around him better. He’s so talented in so many different facets of the game and just constantly getting better here.”

Thon Maker: “He’s playing the same way in terms of exciting basketball. Just here in Boston, he’s able to play a lot faster. He’s got the ball in his hands, so whatever it takes for his team to win, he can do it. He’s playing desperately — more desperate than he was in Cleveland. Because of Hayward’s injury, they have to lean on him, but he’s also trying to get everybody else involved.”

Jordan Mickey: “He’s not much different. He’s a great player and made things happen on both teams. Here, he’s more of a leader. He gets his guys more organized. He’s kind of the man now, so he takes on a leadership role more.”

Donovan Mitchell: “When you go from a team where he’s not ‘the guy’ to a team where you have to be ‘the guy,’ it brings out a different player and a different person. It brings out a different energy that you have, and I think his leadership qualities have definitely been shown in Boston. He’s a leader. He’s a true leader. And he’s quick: He gets to where he wants to get, and you know it’s going to happen.”

Markieff Morris: “He’s the same, man. He’s a flat-out scorer. He can score with the best in the league. I think now he just has the ball in his hands more, without playing with LeBron, but other than that, he’s the same.”

Jamal Murray: “He’s quick. He’s got a great handle. There’s really nothing he can’t do. But his leadership. He’s definitely stepped up his leadership.”

Dirk Nowitzki: “He’s always been an amazing, amazing offensive talent — probably has the best handle in the game. He’s a clutch shot-maker. Now he just gets the opportunity a little more down the stretch to his thing. He’s been fantastic, making big shots, making big plays off the dribble. It’s been incredibly fun to watch.”

Jahlil Okafor: “I don’t really notice any difference. He just has a killer mentality, killer instinct. He’s out there trying to win — the same thing he did in Cleveland. He’s more on the ball now, but the way he moves, the way he scores, the way he competes is pretty much all the same.”

Kelly Olynyk: “He’s the same player, but they’ve got a lot of actions to get him to do different stuff in Boston. A lot of it is really similar, but obviously Brad Stevens has some great actions that help him out. He has the ball a lot now. In Cleveland, LeBron probably had it half the time and he had it half the time. There was a little more isolation stuff, but here, he’s definitely in motion more. Everything ends up in his hands. He has the ball more, and he’s a force to be reckoned with.”

Kelly Oubre Jr.: “When he was in Cleveland, he just wasn’t as aggressive. He wasn’t in attack mode like he is. In Boston, the ball is going to end up in his hands at the end of the majority of possessions. So he’s a little bit more confident because he has his own team behind him. It’s not somebody else’s team. It’s his team.”

Otto Porter: “Kyrie here is their go-to. He does a good job of moving without the ball, directing traffic. Everything is going through him and Al Horford. You know he’s going to get to his spots, but he’s also making plays for other guys.”

Bobby Portis: “He’s the same player — still aggressive, still attacking, still trying to score. But he’s the unsung hero now, and it’s his team. You kind of see all the guys try to feed off him. He tries to make them all better. He goes out there and he’s a tough cover. But all the attention is on him, which gives Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Al Horford open looks.”

Ricky Rubio: “He’s always been that type of guy, who’s always in an attacking mode. But of course, knowing that LeBron is not on his side, he’s being more aggressive and stepping up as the main guy.”

Jason Terry: “He’s the same player. Very aggressive to score. Always looking to facilitate when he can’t score. He’s the same player to me. It’s just a different team. And he’s not option 1B, now he’s option 1A.”

Dion Waiters: “More maturity. More responsibility now. He wants it more, for himself and for his career. Being young, the way he is, he achieved a lot. To take on that next challenge is big, so I respect that. And he got better. He definitely got better. He’s just so skilled, so he can play like this anywhere, but he found out how to win here. He’s always been like that — good, can finish with both hands — he’s always been like that. He just found out how to win now. There’s also a luxury of having a coach like that, too, who lets you play.”

John Wall: “He moves a lot more without the ball. A lot of the plays they run are kind of like what they ran for Isaiah Thomas. He still can score the ball any way you want him to. He’s a guy that’s probably the best clutch player so far in this league, in terms of making shots and making plays. There’s not a defense he hasn’t seen. There’s not a shot he hasn’t made.”

Point being, all players influence each other.

IKnowHoops
01-03-2018, 06:03 PM
I disagree with that entirely, as as suggested above with the Nash/Kobe team as the best recent example, the Dream Team Eagles being another.

It's not just about talent, it's about fit, and system. The best talent on paper doesn't always translate to success. It's not that simple.

And no, a team of 5 Jordans isn't going to beat more traditional makeups.

a team of 5 Jordans would be swept by Durants Warriors. Jordan was the greatest ever, but he wasn't the greatest ever at everything in the game.

😭

nastynice
01-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Lol Durant literally just took a pay cut. Too bad your eyes didn't give you the goods this time.

The team that won a chip and set the wins record following was not built to win chips. If you mention 2016 finals however GS fans like yourself point out Curry injury or Green suspension etc (you just did in the other thread lol).

I agree the league is a joke now because Durant was a ***** to such a large extent. It sucks for people who like competition in the NBA and watching for the road to a title etc. You guys can enjoy the titles and I will continue betting on Warriors to win lol.

Bruh, is you crazy? Kd signed max money last year at a 2 yr contract. He's not opting out and trying to hold gs hostage, that's very different than taking a paycut.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nba/2016/6/28/12050498/kevin-durant-contract-salary-money-nba-free-agent-rumors
Get ya game right playa. And don't ever question my eyes! :cool: (stunnaz)

That team COULD win chips, very talented, but them boys in okc really shoulda won. We got by. THIS squad is BUILT for chips. Damn near every base covered, Bell is such a huge addition. We can lock other teams down multiple ways, that defensive length is just unfair

My favorite surprise of the year is how often people drive the lane and get blocked by 2-3 defenders at a time. Last year when we grab a board we all 5 full speed sprinting, like a pack of wolves in concert. This year we developed that same thing in the paint defensively. I ****in love it

I wanna see these guys ****in rip this league apart again. I can't wait to see bell in the playoffs. Bell, green, and kd defending paint is just so ridiculous

nastynice
01-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Boooooom! Nasty your whole stance has just been destroyed. The affect Bron has on Love, has him playing better than Durant. Meaning Curry is totally and completely f-Ing up KD’s game. 😂😭

haha, shutup! :laugh2:

mngopher35
01-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Bruh, is you crazy? Kd signed max money last year at a 2 yr contract. He's not opting out and trying to hold gs hostage, that's very different than taking a paycut.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nba/2016/6/28/12050498/kevin-durant-contract-salary-money-nba-free-agent-rumors
Get ya game right playa. And don't ever question my eyes! :cool: (stunnaz)

That team COULD win chips, very talented, but them boys in okc really shoulda won. We got by. THIS squad is BUILT for chips. Damn near every base covered, Bell is such a huge addition. We can lock other teams down multiple ways, that defensive length is just unfair

My favorite surprise of the year is how often people drive the lane and get blocked by 2-3 defenders at a time. Last year when we grab a board we all 5 full speed sprinting, like a pack of wolves in concert. This year we developed that same thing in the paint defensively. I ****in love it

I wanna see these guys ****in rip this league apart again. I can't wait to see bell in the playoffs. Bell, green, and kd defending paint is just so ridiculous

HAHAHAHAHA are you serious? This is why no one can take you seriously anymore, you are just completely off base every time you talk. I mean ignoring context stats common sense etc. etc. is one thing in a bball discussion but this is like basic you are either right and paying attention or wrong. You are wrong, he gave a discount.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/07/03/kevin-durant-warriors-contract-discount

This team was the best situation in the entire league long term which is exactly why KD had to go running there to win. You can try and mince words however you want but they were that good even if you didn't consider them built for chips. Of course the best team in the league creating a massive gap by having an MVP type run to them is now better and basically unstoppable lol.

lol, please
01-03-2018, 06:45 PM
😭

Please tell me a team of 5 Jordans will beat this Dubs team.

Please make my day.

:laugh2:

nastynice
01-03-2018, 07:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHA are you serious? This is why no one can take you seriously anymore, you are just completely off base every time you talk. I mean ignoring context stats common sense etc. etc. is one thing in a bball discussion but this is like basic you are either right and paying attention or wrong. You are wrong, he gave a discount.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/07/03/kevin-durant-warriors-contract-discount

This team was the best situation in the entire league long term which is exactly why KD had to go running there to win. You can try and mince words however you want but they were that good even if you didn't consider them built for chips. Of course the best team in the league creating a massive gap by having an MVP type run to them is now better and basically unstoppable lol.

OH dammit, I didn't know he signed a new deal. Still, they're comparing to what he COULD have signed, not what he already did, pretty minimal compared to what usually constitutes taking a discount. David west took one too, but is this team manufactured or built? Wrong with my words, point still stands..

nastynice
01-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Not sure if you have noticed, but Durant is playing much worse with Curry. And Curry isn’t as good with Durant. Great players make other player take a step back. Wake up. Bron always makes guys more efficient. That’s the most important thing.

Durant is playing worse with curry? What the hell..?

Storch
01-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Starters:
Curry
Kawhi
Lebron
Durant
Davis

Bench:
Giannis
Thompson
Green
Kyrie

Shut it down, /thread

valade16
01-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Oh my Lord, stop valade16.

[emoji23]

They did bad because chemistry and system /scheme matter in the NBA as underrated and unquantifiable as they are.

The age excuse. You're better than that dude.

Nah, they did bad because they were old and injured.

Nash played 50 games, Pau 49. List all the super teams that failed:

Hakeem/Barkley/Clyde Rockets
Shaq/Kobe/Malone/GP Lakers
Nash/Kobe/Dwight/Pau Lakers

What do they all have in common? They're all old and injured.

Look at all the superteams that had success:

Steph/KD/Klay/Dray Warriors
Bron/Wade/Bosh Heat
KG/PP/Ray Ray Celtics

What did they all have in common? They managed to stay healthy and were (mostly) younger than the teams that failed.

Overwhelming talent generally wins.

Scoots
01-03-2018, 10:15 PM
How many Warriors fans on here do people just roll their eyes at every post? Actually it may be easier to ask how many DON'T result in an automatic eye roll.

nastynice
01-03-2018, 10:20 PM
How many Warriors fans on here do people just roll their eyes at every post? Actually it may be easier to ask how many DON'T result in an automatic eye roll.

Embrace it man!

I be thinking bout that tho, I Def be putting extra pressure on other Dubs fans with my mouth

Haha, sry, it's too fun

lol, please
01-03-2018, 11:37 PM
Embrace it man!

I be thinking bout that tho, I Def be putting extra pressure on other Dubs fans with my mouth

Haha, sry, it's too funEnjoy every minute. When this dynasty is over, we could very easily tumble back into mediocrity and have to deal with unbearable homers of other teams for years. Embrace the moment and go hard for the Dubs because we may never again see a team this great on our lifetimes. Humility is for career workshops, ted talks, and doll tea parties. Sports is for beating chests and pooping on rival fans.

europagnpilgrim
01-03-2018, 11:50 PM
But Lebron was hardly holding the kid back. Look at his numbers this year, and they're pretty similar to last year's numbers. In fact, he's taking fewer shots in Boston than he did in Cleveland, so you can't tell me Kyrie didn't get the chance to prove himself in Cleveland.

Are guys putting up elite players on bad teams really elite? Because I'd argue that Bosh was a better overall player in Miami because of his improved defensive effort and ability to stretch the floor with his 3-pointer. And Love is putting up some of the best numbers of his career in Cleveland now that he's getting more touches with Kyrie gone.

Also, there's a pretty big double standard here. Durant goes to Golden State, and everyone's numbers take a slight hit. Is that a result of Curry "playing Curry ball" or Durant playing "Durant ball?" No. It's common freaking sense. If you have three top 10-15 guys on the same team, they're not going to get as many looks as they were getting on inferior teams. Bosh and Love were the odd men out playing with two ball dominant guys. Lebron hardly made those guys worse.

I don't get why those who follow/study hoops cant wrap their brains around this basic concept when it comes to forming big 3's

Lebron was taking around 16 shots per game around his 3rd and 4th seasons in Miami, opposed to taking 20+ on inferior contending teams during his first Cavs run

Imagine if Jordan had played with Shaq or Dream with Bird or Magic and had a true legit superstar big 3, he wouldn't have taken those 22+ shots per game but would have been no doubt the number 1 option and having it easier to get his and there wouldn't be no Jordan rules to be used because its a big 3, not 1 or 2

I get Jordan had his team version of big 3's but Pippen took time to come into his own while Shaq/Magic were that good preNBA, as was Jordan

europagnpilgrim
01-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Enjoy every minute. When this dynasty is over, we could very easily tumble back into mediocrity and have to deal with unbearable homers of other teams for years. Embrace the moment and go hard for the Dubs because we may never again see a team this great on our lifetimes. Humility is for career workshops, ted talks, and doll tea parties. Sports is for beating chests and pooping on rival fans.

Its about being humble as well in sports especially when you know you are flat out better or stacked the deck in your favor to basically have a injury or two and still pretty much make the finals

I bet those Cowboys fans wish Jones was more humble and would have kept that coach and they could have possibly won a Bulls like 6 in 8 yrs since they won 3 in 4 yr span, but Jones chest beating and freakish appetite for control did him in, be humble and continue to win big, I am all for the players here and there showing emotion and talking **** and depending on how long its been between titles is how fans should react, and with that said the Warriors have won 2 titles in the past 43yrs, so beat your chest because when it ends it might last another 40yrs before you be able to beat your chest and talk ****

lol, please
01-04-2018, 01:44 AM
Its about being humble as well in sports especially when you know you are flat out better or stacked the deck in your favor to basically have a injury or two and still pretty much make the finals

I bet those Cowboys fans wish Jones was more humble and would have kept that coach and they could have possibly won a Bulls like 6 in 8 yrs since they won 3 in 4 yr span, but Jones chest beating and freakish appetite for control did him in, be humble and continue to win big, I am all for the players here and there showing emotion and talking **** and depending on how long its been between titles is how fans should react, and with that said the Warriors have won 2 titles in the past 43yrs, so beat your chest because when it ends it might last another 40yrs before you be able to beat your chest and talk ****As players sure, but as fans, who can't "do their talking on the court", it's all we have lol is to talk and point at stats.

prodigy
01-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Curry
Wade
Kawhi
Durant
LeBron

Wade has looked like complete trash the last week or so. Cavs really need him to get back to where he was.

lol, please
01-04-2018, 01:40 PM
Wade has looked like complete trash the last week or so. Cavs really need him to get back to where he was.I was actually fired up to see him on Christmas more than anyone else on that team and was disappointed he didn't go off lol.

WaDe03
01-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Wade has looked like complete trash the last week or so. Cavs really need him to get back to where he was.

He was good the Blazers game but yea he's struggled a little lately. It's not just him though, Korver, Green, JR, Calderon etc. have been trash. He'll LeBron has taken a step back lately. Not saying they're related but it happened around the same time TT returned.

WaDe03
01-04-2018, 01:59 PM
I was actually fired up to see him on Christmas more than anyone else on that team and was disappointed he didn't go off lol.

They should've went to him more down the stretch of that game to be honest. He had 7 in the 4th and then barely touched the ball the last 4-5 minutes. He was trying to put a show on for you!

prodigy
01-04-2018, 03:55 PM
I was actually fired up to see him on Christmas more than anyone else on that team and was disappointed he didn't go off lol.

Cavs don't need him to go off. Just a consistent 10-15 points, rebound and pass like he was for over a month there. He just fell off the last few games. I'm sure he'll be ok, just keep everyone healthy for playoffs we all know thats a completely different animal where stars and vets shine.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Paul
Klay
KL
Green
Gobert

lol, please
01-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Paul
Klay
KL
Green
Gobert

Did you forget about Curry? Or do you think Paul leads that starting 5 to more wins than if Curry led them?

Serious question.

NetsPaint
01-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Did you forget about Curry? Or do you think Paul leads that starting 5 to more wins than if Curry led them?

Serious question.
Chris Paul would be my second option. Even though Chris Paul might be the much better defender and passer, Curry's shooting is so great I wouldn't hesitate to choose Curry.

KnicksorBust
01-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Paul
Klay
KL
Green
Gobert

No Lebron, Curry, or Durant? Reported for trolling.

JasonJohnHorn
01-04-2018, 10:13 PM
I think just replacing Zaza with AD or Marc Gasol would do it.

LBJ and Leonard are obviously missing form that, as are Harden and CP3... but I feel like LBJ would mess up the chemistry that team has because, though generous, he is ball dominant and doesn't push the ball like that team does. Marc Gasol could fit nicely in there, as could AD. Swapping Leonard out for KD may work (better D), but KD is a better offensive player.

Harden is inefficient and ball dominant compared to Klay, so I feel like Klay is a better fit chemistywise.

But... CP3... I'd like to see him on that roster. CP3/Curry/Leonard/LBJ/Gasol. That would be a really good line up too.

But Curry/Klay/KD/Green/Gasol (or AD) would be **** on a Ritz.

nastynice
01-05-2018, 05:18 AM
Paul
Klay
KL
Green
Gobert

I like it, crazy versatility, crazy defense, paul and kawhi more than capable of running motion offense for the other 3

Nice dark horse list :)

Ethermark
01-05-2018, 11:29 PM
Steph Curry
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Marc Gasol

Mr.B
01-06-2018, 01:29 PM
So is this thread about The Who are the best 5 at each position or is it about which 5 guys would make the best team?

breakbad
01-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Here's how I would approach it:

1st, you only need one "LeBron" in my opinion, and I believe guys like Draymond and Giannis and Simmons and all them are playing the LeBron roll for their teams, just not as good as LeBron does, lol.

I know Steph would be the best off-ball shooter option as the traditional point, buuuut everyone knows Bron is a point pretending to be a forward. Except he can't guard points, so you need a couple wings who are still young and energetic enough to keep up with all the elite points while also being skilled enough Defensively to handle them and also play off Bron, think Chalmers type on steroids. First couple that pop to mind are Beverly and Bradley, but yeah right. So instead it's Klay and Kawhi, as I feel they could consistently shut down any back-court while also providing the best off-ball support for LeBron while also being able to take over if needed.

K, and then the front court. KD is obvious, so on to the much needed rim protector. To finish off this unit you need to best combination of rim protection, and off the ball ability. To me this comes down to either Kristaps or big KAT, maybe AD or Embiid, but with KAT being my ultimate selection.

Soooo, to get to the point, mine would be:

G; Klay
G; Kawhi

F/PG; Bron

F; KD
F; KAT

Chronz
01-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Here's how I would approach it:

1st, you only need one "LeBron" in my opinion, and I believe guys like Draymond and Giannis and Simmons and all them are playing the LeBron roll for their teams, just not as good as LeBron does, lol.

I know Steph would be the best off-ball shooter option as the traditional point, buuuut everyone knows Bron is a point pretending to be a forward. Except he can't guard points, so you need a couple wings who are still young and energetic enough to keep up with all the elite points while also being skilled enough Defensively to handle them and also play off Bron, think Chalmers type on steroids. First couple that pop to mind are Beverly and Bradley, but yeah right. So instead it's Klay and Kawhi, as I feel they could consistently shut down any back-court while also providing the best off-ball support for LeBron while also being able to take over if needed.

K, and then the front court. KD is obvious, so on to the much needed rim protector. To finish off this unit you need to best combination of rim protection, and off the ball ability. To me this comes down to either Kristaps or big KAT, maybe AD or Embiid, but with KAT being my ultimate selection.

Soooo, to get to the point, mine would be:

G; Klay
G; Kawhi

F/PG; Bron

F; KD
F; KAT

Brilliant. Up until kat but close enough. Young Bron could guard any position in a pinch tho

lol, please
01-06-2018, 06:12 PM
So is this thread about The Who are the best 5 at each position or is it about which 5 guys would make the best team?The latter, but according to some small minds in here, they are one and the same

:facepalm:

ChiSox219
01-07-2018, 01:32 AM
Steph
Kawhi
Durant
Lebron
Giannis

Giannis94
01-07-2018, 01:40 AM
Curry
KD
Giannis
AD
GOBERT

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 02:04 AM
Please tell me a team of 5 Jordans will beat this Dubs team.

Please make my day.

:laugh2:

A team of five Jordan’s would anniahlate this Warriors team as they would have the matchup edge at ever single position. Can’t believe you think this, but I can.

Giannis94
01-07-2018, 02:05 AM
A team of five Jordan’s would anniahlate this Warriors team as they would have the matchup edge at ever single position. Can’t believe you think this, but I can.
And a team of 5 Giannis's would trump both.

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 02:07 AM
Enjoy every minute. When this dynasty is over, we could very easily tumble back into mediocrity and have to deal with unbearable homers of other teams for years. Embrace the moment and go hard for the Dubs because we may never again see a team this great on our lifetimes. Humility is for career workshops, ted talks, and doll tea parties. Sports is for beating chests and pooping on rival fans.

Oh I promise you. When this run is over GS will never see this kind of success again. There is no “may” my brotha

IKnowHoops
01-07-2018, 02:14 AM
And a team of 5 Giannis's would trump both.

No they would loose to five Jordans. Let’s just say they are athletically even. Jordan will be playing chess and Giannis checkers. So Giannis will get balled up at the end of the day, but he will most definitely be posterizing Jordan and punishing him inside, but that’s basically the only way he’s scoring and it’s gonna be harder for him to get to the whole on mike than you think.

They can double Giannis in the post and give him open 3’s and not regret it.

Finesser
01-07-2018, 03:13 AM
PG: Stephen Curry
Reason: He is one of the games best facilitators and creates his own shot and runs the offense. He is an insane shooter and would get me buckets anytime I need him to.

SG: Donavan Mitchell
Reason: He is one of the surprise players in the league. He knows how to get to the basket, creates his own shot, has an insane work ethic, plays good defense, and has alpha mentality.

SF: Kevin Durant
Reason: 7’0 foot small Forward who plays really good defense, has insane handles for his height, and can drop 40/10 any given night.

PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo
Reason: Freak athlete, mvp candidate, elite scorer around the basket, runs a fast break like no other, elite defender.

C: DeMarcus Cousins
Reason: Best center in the league, good playmaker for a center, really good rebounder, elite scorer inside and out.

KnicksorBust
01-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Steph
Kawhi
Durant
Lebron
Giannis

This was almost mine. Why Giannis over AD?

nastynice
01-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Lebron playing point in dantoni's system would probably be nuts. Match him with like klay for sure, another semi ball handler like maybe paul george, a legit big that can also stretch the floor

Hawkeye15
01-07-2018, 11:11 PM

Serious question.

I prefer what Paul provides with the other 4 I have. Funny how you question leaving Curry off but not the best player in the world. 5 studs needs to be a unique combination, with no huge ball dominators, and Paul is better for me, even as the lesser player of the 2.

FlashBolt
01-07-2018, 11:16 PM
PG/SG/SF positions are practically interchangeable at times so coming up with a team should be fun with certain players.

PG Harden
SG Kawhi
SF LeBron
PF Kevin Durant
C AD

Probably would put Curry as PG but I think Harden is having an exceptional season.

nastynice
01-07-2018, 11:23 PM
I prefer what Paul provides with the other 4 I have. Funny how you question leaving Curry off but not the best player in the world. 5 studs needs to be a unique combination, with no huge ball dominators, and Paul is better for me, even as the lesser player of the 2.

CP3s a savage, I never realized but he's pretty high iq. I think he's gonna have a good playoffs this year. Harden too

Cuz they cheated by joining teams, duhh