PDA

View Full Version : Curry now has 9 games with 10 or more 3's

JasonJohnHorn
12-31-2017, 09:46 PM
Curry hit 10 3's last night, bringing his career total of games with 10 or more to 9.

That is more than any 4 players combined!

The next highest is 3: a tie between JR Smith and Klay

Everybody else who has hit this milestone has only done it once, even Ray Allen.

The crazy thing about this, up until 2007, this had only been acheived 7 times in the history of the league. Curry has already eclipsed every player combined between the inception of the 3-point line and 2007. That is just insane!

Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. And this on the first game back from an injury.

More-Than-Most
12-31-2017, 09:58 PM
he is the only player in the history of this league that everytime he shoots i assume its going in nomatter where he shoots from as long as its his natural shooting form.

NetsPaint
12-31-2017, 10:40 PM
he is the only player in the history of this league that everytime he shoots i assume its going in nomatter where he shoots from as long as its his natural shooting form.
Yup. What he does to opposing teams is like nothing ever seen before.

lol, please
12-31-2017, 10:42 PM
he is the only player in the history of this league that everytime he shoots i assume its going in nomatter where he shoots from as long as its his natural shooting form.NO CURRY, NO PROBLEM

[emoji4]

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Scoots
12-31-2017, 10:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUHKIxj51A

In the FINALS 2 guys ignored the MVP with the ball to cover Curry. Nuts. The thing is, a lot of teams treat Klay and Curry the same and sometimes 2 guys jump at one and leave the other open behind the 3 point line which is why they run screens for each other so often.

NetsPaint
12-31-2017, 10:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUHKIxj51A

In the FINALS 2 guys ignored the MVP with the ball to cover Curry. Nuts. The thing is, a lot of teams treat Klay and Curry the same and sometimes 2 guys jump at one and leave the other open behind the 3 point line which is why they run screens for each other so often.
Them having THREE guys now who can shoot it at a super-elite level is almost surreal.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-31-2017, 11:14 PM
Ok.

europagnpilgrim
01-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Its pretty scary to know that Curry can hit 10 threes on any given night, which dates back to his college days as well, then on the wing/corner you got a guy who can get hot like Curry on any given night then you throw in a 7ft former mvp sniper who is capable of hitting high volume of 3's and that is a recipe for a team seeking a 4th straight finals trip, Curry is a shooter where you would damn near bet money every time he shoots it the ball is going in, similar feel to Allen/Miller and others but on a higher level slightly

Curry creates gravity but add those other two and you got Atlantic ocean space, the Warriors are good enough that when Curry or KD or Green are out they can still toy with teams since they still would have 3 all nba caliber players on hand

Vee-Rex
01-01-2018, 01:26 AM
Goat!

jaydubb
01-01-2018, 08:57 AM
He's aight

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

tredigs
01-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Imagine his numbers if he played 36-38 mpg.

3pt wise with him I'll always remember when his record streak of consecutive games with a three was ended at ~150+ by the Lakers after he went 0-10 from three in the loss. Then the next game he went out and shot 13-17 from 3 and broke the All Time single game record (and annihilated LA in their next matchup). We are lucky to be able to watch the guy play in his prime.

lol, please
01-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Them having THREE guys now who can shoot it at a super-elite level is almost surreal.It's awesome is want it is. Imagine if after all these years your Nets drafted and made deals to land such a perfect storm. You would be on cloud 9 and no phucks would be given. Now you should understand why warriors fans tend to rub it in peoples faces.

Chronz
01-01-2018, 01:42 PM
It's so boring to me tho

europagnpilgrim
01-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Imagine his numbers if he played 36-38 mpg.

3pt wise with him I'll always remember when his record streak of consecutive games with a three was ended at ~150+ by the Lakers after he went 0-10 from three in the loss. Then the next game he went out and shot 13-17 from 3 and broke the All Time single game record (and annihilated LA in their next matchup). We are lucky to be able to watch the guy play in his prime.

We are fortunate to watch him ''shoot'' in his prime, other than his shooting his actual overall floor game doesn't wow me the least bit though he has had some good ones here and there, but his shooting which I get is a part of his game is off the charts, so I am glad I get to see a young Curry shoot as opposed to a old washed up version

tredigs
01-01-2018, 02:55 PM
We are fortunate to watch him ''shoot'' in his prime, other than his shooting his actual overall floor game doesn't wow me the least bit though he has had some good ones here and there, but his shooting which I get is a part of his game is off the charts, so I am glad I get to see a young Curry shoot as opposed to a old washed up version
LOL I would be so disappointed if my bbiq was so low that I couldn't realize the dynamics and overall dominance of Curry's game. I'd just give up watching the game if all I saw was Kyle Korver in him.

nastynice
01-01-2018, 03:11 PM
LOL I would be so disappointed if my bbiq was so low that I couldn't realize the dynamics and overall dominance of Curry's game. I'd just give up watching the game if all I saw was Kyle Korver in him.

Korverís taller tho, so heís curry with better defense.

Check the stats bro!

Chronz
01-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Korverís taller tho, so heís curry with better defense.

Check the stats bro!

Wat stats

lol, please
01-01-2018, 04:08 PM
LOL I would be so disappointed if my bbiq was so low that I couldn't realize the dynamics and overall dominance of Curry's game. I'd just give up watching the game if all I saw was Kyle Korver in him.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Not the wisest basketball mind myself to say the least but good Lord this was savage.

nastynice
01-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Wat stats

height weight my dude. height weight :)

Chronz
01-02-2018, 11:05 AM
height weight my dude. height weight :)

Oliver Miller, confirmed goat candidate

valade16
01-02-2018, 01:57 PM
All of these volume 3-point stats from players are very impressive, however we must understand so many are being set (not only by Curry) because of the proliferation of the 3-point shot which is very recent. If say Reggie Miller, or Ray Allen, or Glen Rice, or Dale Ellis, or Jerry West played in today's NBA, they'd be shooting a ton of 3's too.

Consider that one of the record holders after Curry for 10 3 games is J.R. Smith, who is far from some all-time great shooter, he's just a good shooter who happens to hoist a ton of 3's because of the time.

(NOTE: None of the my post should be directed at Curry, who is by far the best 3-point shooter the league has ever seen).

nastynice
01-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Oliver Miller, confirmed goat candidate

I know bro, thatís why you canít ignore the stats :)

archdevil84
01-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Curry is the only player from the warriors who i like and respect. That man can shoot damnit!

Scoots
01-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Curry is the only player from the warriors who i like and respect. That man can shoot damnit!

Nobody can dislike Shaun Livingston.

archdevil84
01-02-2018, 04:44 PM
Nobody can dislike Shaun Livingston.

was about to edit, Shaun livingston is okay

lol, please
01-02-2018, 04:49 PM
All of these volume 3-point stats from players are very impressive, however we must understand so many are being set (not only by Curry) because of the proliferation of the 3-point shot which is very recent. If say Reggie Miller, or Ray Allen, or Glen Rice, or Dale Ellis, or Jerry West played in today's NBA, they'd be shooting a ton of 3's too.

Consider that one of the record holders after Curry for 10 3 games is J.R. Smith, who is far from some all-time great shooter, he's just a good shooter who happens to hoist a ton of 3's because of the time.

(NOTE: None of the my post should be directed at Curry, who is by far the best 3-point shooter the league has ever seen).We know this because we have the ability to think critically.

Many people here ignore the context of eras and how the rules of the game has changed and only look at raw numbers. Irresponsible.

Scoots
01-02-2018, 06:38 PM
was about to edit, Shaun livingston is okay

Actually, David West, Omri Casspi, Pat McCaw, Jordan Bell, Kevon Looney, and Damian Jones are all innocuous too.

People don't like Klay but I don't know why.

Steph Curry "is a show boat who disrespects opponents"
Zaza "is dirty"
Iguodala "is a flopper who turned on his own team"
Draymond "is a whining nut kicker"
Nick Young "is an arrogant wacko"
JaVale McGee "is a strange idiot"
KD "is a weakling who didn't want to win a title on his own"
Quinn Cook went to Duke and that's enough for many to hate him

tredigs
01-02-2018, 06:45 PM

(NOTE: None of the my post should be directed at Curry, who is by far the best 3-point shooter the league has ever seen).

Clearly, but it's the volume+efficiency that is the staggering part. He did not take 20 threes last night...
and never has (which would still be insane efficiency equivalent to 75% from 2), he took 13 (in 25 minutes). That's a TS over .1000. It's a game breaker. Most of his records from 3 come on efficiency of that level, that's why it's particularly incredible. The most efficient shooting game of Shaq/Wilt/Kareem's history is less efficient (significantly less efficient) than what Curry did last game. Think about that.

nastynice
01-02-2018, 07:29 PM

Draymond bro! He's funny as hell, I stay rolling listening to the **** he be saying

He be low key talking **** all game, lol, to refs too lmao!

tredigs
01-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Klay seems impossible to dislike or not respect. Obviously most non fans don't like Dray and KD.

Saddletramp
01-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Livingston seems like he's got an attitude problem sometimes. Bumps refs and has gotten ejected a few times. Seen him do a few dirty plays, too. JaVale is a moron who wastes so much potential by being, well, a moron. Never liked David West. He has this perpetual scowl on his face that is only absent when he just can't believe they called him for that foul because he didn't even touch the guy (when replays show he clearly did. I know others act surprised/argue fouls when they actually commit them but it's funny to see a guy be a dick a majority of the time then whine about getting caught). But it's mostly that goddamn scowl. ZaZa's always been a dirty piece of garbage.

Klay talks **** low key-like (ask Lebron in 2016) and even you, Tre, were *****ing about him a few months ago. I respect what he does though. A bit streaky at times but when he's on, he's uncanny. Another critique would be how guys said that he's a better SG than Harden. Then again, that's not on him directly but still sours the palette.

I like Curry. He seems like a goofy kid that's having fun all while shooting threes at your expense. Not a fan of his temper tantrums where he throws his mouthpiece at a ref (I know that it's only happened twice, but that's two more times then Ive ever seen any other player do that). Sometimes he's a little disrespectful (the "this locker room still smells like champagne" and some celebrations but that's athletes in our time).

Iggy turned on his team and talked to the enemy. Unforgivable. **** him.

I like how Kerr agreed to coach the Knicks but backed out when the GS job became open yet DaJ and Boozer get flak for reneging on their promises (and rightfully so).

**** Draymond but if it wasn't for his mouth, his dirty plays, his whining, and his starting **** with college kids, I'd be a fan. Great player, total **** human being. I don't know how anyone, GS fan or not, can defend anything that ****ing prick does.

Don't have a problem with KD. Other than him being a pussyass***** and thinking he's King of the World now because he sold out when he quit on his team. And I love how he admitted to not being a leader. We all knew he wasn't but admitting it just seems like another ****** character flaw.

The rest of those guys range from tolerable to inconsequential.

tredigs
01-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Livingston seems like he's got an attitude problem sometimes. Bumps refs and has gotten ejected a few times. Seen him do a few dirty plays, too. JaVale is a moron who wastes so much potential by being, well, a moron. Never liked David West. He has this perpetual scowl on his face that is only absent when he just can't believe they called him for that foul because he didn't even touch the guy (when replays show he clearly did. I know others act surprised/argue fouls when they actually commit them but it's funny to see a guy be a dick a majority of the time then whine about getting caught). But it's mostly that goddamn scowl.

Klay talks **** low key-like (ask Lebron in 2016) and even you, Tre, were *****ing about him a few months ago. I respect what he does though. A bit streaky at times but when he's on, he's uncanny. Another critique would be how guys said that he's a better SG than Harden. Then again, that's not on him directly but still sours the palette.

I like Curry. He seems like a goofy kid that's having fun all while shooting threes at your expense. Not a fan of his temper tantrums where he throws his mouthpiece at a ref (I know that it's only happened twice, but that's two more times then Ive ever seen any other player do that). Sometimes he's a little disrespectful (the "this locker room still smells like champagne" and some celebrations but that's athletes in our time).

Iggy turned on his team and talked to the enemy. Unforgivable. **** him.

I like how Kerr agreed to coach the Knicks but backed out when the GS job became open yet DaJ and Boozer get flak for reneging on their promises (and rightfully so).

**** Draymond but if it wasn't for his mouth, his dirty plays, his whining, and his starting **** with college kids, I'd be a fan. Great player, total **** human being. I don't know how anyone, GS fan or not, can defend anything that ****ing prick does.

Don't have a problem with KD. Other than him being a pussyass***** and thinking he's King of the World now because he sold out when he quit on his team. And I love how he admitted to not being a leader. We all knew he wasn't but admitting it just seems like another ****** character flaw.

Livingston is as even keel as there is in the NBA and owned his ejection + apologized to that ref and the league immediately after (he definitely did not need to do that, that ref was in the wrong big time as well). By all accounts a great dude.

I get frustrated at Klay because he can go on weeks long dry spells (it happens when you're not the feature player), but he's a lot smarter than he lets on and is just a stoic ****ing PRO. I like Klay a lot.

Curry I don't love as a personality, but he's clearly a winner as a citizen + ambassador for the NBA and as a superstar is ridiculously unselfish. He also has a great time playing the game and has skills I can't comprehend even though I was a baller my whole life, which makes him the most fun player in the league to watch imo.

Draymond is caught up in the life, and is an idiot as often as not, but I respect his BBIQ (with Iggy the smartest tandem of defensive players I have ever seen), and his passion is 2nd to none. He's the guy you want on your team but hate him if he's not.

Kerr is a G. I have always liked his takes + disposition. Well before he was a Warrior coach.

Zaza doesn't move the needle for me. Javale is apparently an incredible locker room guy. The rest, we'll see.

Clearly, this is a team that I like a lot.

Saddletramp
01-02-2018, 09:50 PM
More than just the ref bump from Livingston.
Always like Kerr, too. He and Pop seem to be the coaches on another level in not just coaching but also life lessons and clear headed voices these days.
Green is definitely a worker. Just hate his, well, everything else.
Admittedly, the great locker room guy stuff doesn't always translate to fans. It's just frustrating to see a guy that physically gifted be such a bonehead on the court.
I'd probably like them a lot, too if I was always a Warriors fan. Except Grren's garbagey ways.

Scoots
01-02-2018, 10:50 PM
Livingston has 1 career ejection. Any player who is good is going to have an occasional complaint for refs.

West does scowl, but he's from an era when almost everyone scowled. He just plays hard ... like 90s NBA hard :)

tredigs
01-02-2018, 11:29 PM
Lol it's off the rails of this thread anyway.

Curry's performance last game was a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATS ever had in their life. Again, think about it (it was a random great game for Curry). Or don't, and continue to watch greatness with a jaded mind. We see you @euro

lol, please
01-03-2018, 12:20 AM

Curry's performance last game was a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATS ever had in their life. Again, think about it (it was a random great game for Curry). Or don't, and continue to watch greatness with a jaded mind. We see you @euroWell said.

Good summary of the players above from everyone lol.

valade16
01-03-2018, 02:01 PM

Curry's performance last game was a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATS ever had in their life. Again, think about it (it was a random great game for Curry). Or don't, and continue to watch greatness with a jaded mind. We see you @euro

You keep harping on this as if it's some once in a lifetime achievement, when in reality it's a feat that several 3-point shooters have achieved when they get white hot from 3:

Mario Chalmers 10/13 from 3, 1.063 TS%
Toney Douglas 9/12 from 3, 1.036 TS%
Brian Shaw 10/15 from 3, 1.000 TS%
Ty Lawson 10/11 from 3, .991 TS%

And that was just clicking on the top few guys in terms of most 3 pointers made in a single game.

We get it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, but that nuts efficiency is because the 3-point line is an insane advantage in terms of boosting your efficiency, certainly nobody is going to look at Mario Chalmers in a new light because he posted a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATs ever had in their life.

lol, please
01-03-2018, 05:03 PM
You keep harping on this as if it's some once in a lifetime achievement, when in reality it's a feat that several 3-point shooters have achieved when they get white hot from 3:

And that was just clicking on the top few guys in terms of most 3 pointers made in a single game.

We get it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, but that nuts efficiency is because the 3-point line is an insane advantage in terms of boosting your efficiency, certainly nobody is going to look at Mario Chalmers in a new light because he posted a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATs ever had in their life.Whats your point here really though?

Of course no one is going to think of Chalmers as a better shooter because of what someone else does later in their career.

tredigs
01-03-2018, 05:05 PM

We get it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, but that nuts efficiency is because the 3-point line is an insane advantage in terms of boosting your efficiency, certainly nobody is going to look at Mario Chalmers in a new light because he posted a more efficient scoring effort than most of the GOATs ever had in their life.

Right, and those were INCREDIBLE, ultra efficient once in a lifetime nights for those guys. This was Sunday night in Memphis for Curry, and he'll have more similar games as the season goes on. He accounts for about 1/5th of the top 100 best 3pt shooting nights in NBA history, and it's just a splattering of 40-50+ point games on 80%+ TS. This 38 point game in Memphis was actually the least he's scored from that list. Don't be fooled into thinking it's not absolutely insane.

valade16
01-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Right, and those were INCREDIBLE, ultra efficient once in a lifetime nights for those guys. This was Sunday night in Memphis for Curry, and he'll have more similar games as the season goes on. He accounts for about 1/5th of the top 100 best 3pt shooting nights in NBA history, and it's just a splattering of 40-50+ point games on 80%+ TS. This 38 point game in Memphis was actually the least he's scored from that list. Don't be fooled into thinking it's not absolutely insane.

well 80 TS% is different than 1.000 TS%, which is the number you used earlier, if we move it down to 80% I'd find 10x the examples to give you.

If we use 90% TS% he's done that 4 times for seasons in the top 100 in 3-point made ever.

My point is, we are going to see these kind of freak TS% a lot because so many people are taking so many 3's nowadays that the chances of a guy getting nova hot increase. Yes, Curry does it more than anyone else, he's the GOAT shooter, which I've already said at least 3 times in this thread alone.

Seriously, only Dubs fans would have everyone slurping Curry's dick calling him the best shooter ever by a long shot and complain he's not getting slurped hard enough.

Everyone gets it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, no need to act like every single thing he does is something only he could do.

lol, please
01-03-2018, 08:23 PM
well 80 TS% is different than 1.000 TS%, which is the number you used earlier, if we move it down to 80% I'd find 10x the examples to give you.

If we use 90% TS% he's done that 4 times for seasons in the top 100 in 3-point made ever.

My point is, we are going to see these kind of freak TS% a lot because so many people are taking so many 3's nowadays that the chances of a guy getting nova hot increase. Yes, Curry does it more than anyone else, he's the GOAT shooter, which I've already said at least 3 times in this thread alone.

Seriously, only Dubs fans would have everyone slurping Curry's dick calling him the best shooter ever by a long shot and complain he's not getting slurped hard enough.

Everyone gets it, Curry is the GOAT shooter, no need to act like every single thing he does is something only he could do.Wow dude.

For someone who pays attention to advanced metrics, I'm surprised at how simple minded this post is.

Curry doesn't hit higher TS% because he shoots more. He is a more efficient, and more talented shooter than we have ever seen.

Saying any player can hit 80-1000% if they chuck enough is doing a great disservice to who Curry actually is.

But who was efficiency? And who was consistency?

Some shooters are shooting more from the perimeter because of the modern rules and have been doing so since. Others think they can repeat the Warriors formula but they aren't a fraction of the talent Curry and Klay are (one of the reasons i ridicule the notion that there is only one way to win and it's to copy the Warriors). Neither scenario will yield the same efficiency as Curry.

tredigs
01-03-2018, 08:29 PM
You're getting your feathers ruffled for no reason. How often he has this volume + efficiency is unequivocally only something he can do. Hence why he's the only one who continues to do it year after year. And I said his TS on nights like this is greater than the most efficient night of Shaq/Wilt/KAJ's career. That goes for an 80% TS as well. The >1000 TS is just what makes it statistically impossible for the 2pt shooter to outdo it. And yes, the random game of this volume + efficiency will occur on the best shooting night of random 3pt shooters career. But so far Curry is the only one who can reach that level time and time again. You can try to belittle that fact all you want and ignore how incredible it is, but it does not change the reality that it's historically dominant every time he does it.

valade16
01-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Wow dude.

For someone who pays attention to advanced metrics, I'm surprised at how simple minded this post is.

Curry doesn't hit higher TS% because he shoots more. He is a more efficient, and more talented shooter than we have ever seen.

Saying any player can hit 80-1000% if they chuck enough is doing a great disservice to who Curry actually is.

But who was efficiency? And who was consistency?

Some shooters are shooting more from the perimeter because of the modern rules and have been doing so since. Others think they can repeat the Warriors formula but they aren't a fraction of the talent Curry and Klay are (one of the reasons i ridicule the notion that there is only one way to win and it's to copy the Warriors). Neither scenario will yield the same efficiency as Curry.

I never said those other guys hit that efficiency because they simply took a ton of shots, I said they hit that efficiency because they got white nova hot while shooting a ton in a particular game. Of course Curry's efficiency over many games is better he's the GOAT shooter (as I've said now 5 times. Slurp, slurp, slurp).

Many players can hit 80-1.000 if they are decent to good 3-point shooters having a great night because it's been done dozens and dozens of times before. This isn't me spouting an opinion or a hypothetical, I know it's possibly because it's been done numerous times in NBA history.

Look, Curry is going to re-write the record books for 3-point shooting in the same way Wilt re-wrote the record books for scoring. The difference is, after Wilt the league started moving away from the conditions necessary for anyone to touch his records, whereas in the modern NBA, it's actually moving more towards a favorable situation for other players to approach some of Curry's records, even if they aren't nearly as good.

For instance, Steph Curry has 16 games in the top 100 for 3-point makes in a single game. J.R. Smith has 9. He should be nowhere near Curry on a list like that, but he is because he shoots a crap ton of 3's and is capable of getting very hot and crushing it.

The only reason I even got on here is because people wanted to act like this was the greatest game of basketball ever played because he had an efficiency that none of the GOAT could match in a game, I correctly pointed out that efficiency is as a result of the 3-point line, which boosts efficiency greatly + the modern NBA allowing players to take a butt load of 3's, and that as a result we've seen many players have games with similar efficiency (or at least more than the GOAT ever had).

Nothing I've said is wrong. And again, this is all with the caveat that Curry is the GOAT shooter by a landslide (slurp, slurp, slurp).

valade16
01-03-2018, 08:36 PM
You're getting your feathers ruffled for no reason. How often he has this volume + efficiency is unequivocally only something he can do. Hence why he's the only one who continues to do it year after year. And I said his TS on nights like this is greater than the most efficient night of Shaq/Wilt/KAJ's career. That goes for an 80% TS as well. The >1000 TS is just what makes it statistically impossible for the 2pt shooter to outdo it. And yes, the random game of this volume + efficiency will occur on the best shooting night of random 3pt shooters career. But so far Curry is the only one who can reach that level time and time again. You can try to belittle that fact all you want and ignore how incredible it is, but it does not change the reality that it's historically dominant every time he does it.

First, I'm not getting my feathers ruffled lol. I simply made a point about the frequency of these nights by guys not named Curry and you and other Dubs fans stormed in here like the beaches of Normandy...

The frequency at which he does this is something only he can do, we are in agreement (as I've said multiple times). But acting like "ZOMG can you believe how EFFICIENT he was in a SINGLE GAME! More efficient than MJ or Shaq or Kareem ever were!!!" And I pointed out, many guys have outdone their efficiency in a single game (or even multiple), doesn't now mean they're better (which be real, was part of what you were trying to do).

tredigs
01-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Because nobody is stupid enough to think that a single (or even a handful) of games puts you above a player. And the point is that only Curry can pull off incredible shooting feats like that year after year (yes, I get it, you agree he's the GOAT shooter. Nobody disagrees).

And yes, Curry is absolutely in the conversation with the GOAT scorers and GOAT offensive players. He has his case, specifically as he is arguably the most tightly guarded (attempted at least) player we've ever seen.

Anyway, next game is coming on, we can move on from his 25 minute performance in Memphis and see what he has in store for us in this one.

Scoots
01-03-2018, 10:44 PM

Just curious ... How many of those players did it with 4 total misses for the game for 38 points in only 25 minutes.

Curry has some significant issues ... but it's MUCH easier for him to enter "the zone" than any other shooter I've ever seen.

Klay and others maybe get more in the zone than Curry ... but nobody gets there as often.

JasonJohnHorn
01-04-2018, 08:45 AM
l.

I seem to recall that he was in negotiations and the Warriros simply outbid the Knicks.

Scoots
01-04-2018, 11:08 AM
I seem to recall that he was in negotiations and the Warriros simply outbid the Knicks.

Kerr was talking to the Knicks but he hadn't agreed to anything and I've heard the Knicks offered more but his kids are in CA and the team and ownership were better so it was an easy decision.

ewing
01-04-2018, 11:21 AM
Because nobody is stupid enough to think that a single (or even a handful) of games puts you above a player. And the point is that only Curry can pull off incredible shooting feats like that year after year (yes, I get it, you agree he's the GOAT shooter. Nobody disagrees).

And yes, Curry is absolutely in the conversation with the GOAT scorers and GOAT offensive players. He has his case, specifically as he is arguably the most tightly guarded (attempted at least) player we've ever seen.

Anyway, next game is coming on, we can move on from his 25 minute performance in Memphis and see what he has in store for us in this one.

No he isn't

tredigs
01-04-2018, 11:31 AM
No he isn't

Stick to the Knicks.

ewing
01-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Stick to the Knicks.

Stop talking about Curry/The Warriors. you are deluded

Tie game, post season, inbounding from 1/2 court on the road, 7 seconds on the clock. You take take Curry I'll take a host of better scorers

tredigs
01-04-2018, 01:25 PM
Stop talking about Curry/The Warriors. you are deluded

Tie game, post season, inbounding from 1/2 court on the road, 7 seconds on the clock. You take take Curry I'll take a host of better scorers

Cool. Me too. Now let's jump back to reality and realize that 99.99% of the game is not played under that pretext, and that ISO ball with that amount of clock mitigates what makes him the most dangerous day in and day out over the course of the entire season.

It's actually hilarious to me that some people on PSD are that blind to his offensive dominance. Very unique to this little forum. Makes the arguments more fun though.

lol, please
01-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Cool. Me too. Now let's jump back to reality and realize that 99.99% of the game is not played under that pretext, and that ISO ball with that amount of clock mitigates what makes him the most dangerous day in and day out over the course of the entire season.

It's actually hilarious to me that some people on PSD are that blind to his offensive dominance. Very unique to this little forum. Makes the arguments more fun though.I think it's more denial than anything. A refusal to accept currys greatness .

Jamiecballer
01-04-2018, 01:58 PM
I think it's more denial than anything. A refusal to accept currys greatness .

Sent from my Note 8 using TapatalkHe's a great shooter. When it comes to shooting he is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

lol, please
01-04-2018, 02:12 PM
He's a great shooter. When it comes to shooting he is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using TapatalkWait....so you're still on the "curry is just a shooter" bandwagon? As in, that's his only valuable asset?

valade16
01-04-2018, 02:25 PM
I apparently am a Curry "basher" and I think he's among the best scorers of all-time :shrug:

I'd have him in my top 5 scorers ever personally.

nastynice
01-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Curry is like Drake from nba street

Heediot
01-04-2018, 02:46 PM
I think guys like Curry and KD get their lunches handed to them in the playoffs in the 90's era. The physicality they allow will blindside these skinny ****s. These guys are crazy scorers but I think officiating and era matter.

tredigs
01-05-2018, 01:08 AM
I think guys like Curry and KD get their lunches handed to them in the playoffs in the 90's era. The physicality they allow will blindside these skinny ****s. These guys are crazy scorers but I think officiating and era matter.

LOL this man is NO Curry/KD and was All NBA caliber in that era. Wake up fellas. You're witnessing greatness. In ANY era. And frankly if you simply place those two in any other era they're crushing even more. You're watching too many "hard hit" NBA clips from the day.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/08/8f/ed/088fed17e8c042701373bc98e4862fc5--reggie-miller-big-basket.jpg

IKnowHoops
01-05-2018, 01:34 AM
I have to admit, if I could pair any player with Bron, it would be Curry. His shot is SHAQ.

IKnowHoops
01-05-2018, 01:43 AM
A lot of you fools out there think Bron would play Bron ball with guys like Curry and Durant. They would play even with each other giving each man the respect as an unstoppable force in this league. Tiny minds canít think outside the box thinking Bron gonna treat KD like JR Smith...smh just idiotic.

lol, please
01-05-2018, 01:52 AM
A lot of you fools out there think Bron would play Bron ball with guys like Curry and Durant. They would play even with each other giving each man the respect as an unstoppable force in this league. Tiny minds canít think outside the box thinking Bron gonna treat KD like JR Smith...smh just idiotic.

curry ball > lebron ball

IKnowHoops
01-05-2018, 01:56 AM
curry ball > lebron ball

Lebron>>>>Curry

IKnowHoops
01-05-2018, 01:59 AM
curry ball > lebron ball

Lebron playing Curry ball with Curry teammates >>>> Curry playing Curry ball with Curry teammates.

nastynice
01-05-2018, 05:14 AM
Lebron playing Curry ball with Curry teammates >>>> Curry playing Curry ball with Curry teammates.

lol, curry with one hand tied behind his back playing curry ball >>>> lebron tryina play curry ball

Iíd love to see defenders picking lebron up at half court 😂

nastynice
01-05-2018, 05:15 AM
Lebron>>>>Curry

Chips >>>>> stats ;)

Heediot
01-05-2018, 05:37 AM
LOL this man is NO Curry/KD and was All NBA caliber in that era. Wake up fellas. You're witnessing greatness. In ANY era. And frankly if you simply place those two in any other era they're crushing even more. You're watching too many "hard hit" NBA clips from the day.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/08/8f/ed/088fed17e8c042701373bc98e4862fc5--reggie-miller-big-basket.jpg

They's still be all-stars. I don't think the numbers translate well in the playoffs in that era. Their numbers already dip in this era when they weren't playing with each other before in the playoffs. KD 3 point shooting in the playoffs was pedestrian before he joined GS. Wings/perimeter players in this era and the 90's era take a dip in the playoffs, except a select few. I think their numbers take a bigger dip, (if they couldn't play off each other) in a more physical era. Regular season in that era they could come close to the stats now, defense was still more intense on a consistent basis back then and less players take plays and nights off, but the intensity is still not as ratcheted as the playoffs back then.

Even reggie took .25 dip in FG% in the playoffs.

Heediot
01-05-2018, 05:47 AM
Team construction and style of play also factor in. Curry and KD can play off the ball so that also helps, as more times than most setting up the defense was more inside out (letting the big man work until the doubles came and the ball swung). Beating your man in ISO situations for a wing-guard took more effort and a lot of the shots were lower percentages (or higher difficulty) then how players are coached up today with stats telling them where their sweet spots are. I think they`d be better then Reggie and can still be HOF type talents, I don`t think the offensive game comes as easy for them in that era and they`d have to work harder for it, even more so in the playoffs.

ewing
01-05-2018, 10:37 AM

It's actually hilarious to me that some people on PSD are that blind to his offensive dominance. Very unique to this little forum. Makes the arguments more fun though.

OK he is the GOAT regular season scorer in a blow out.

When I need a guy to take a 3 up 25 against the Hornets in the 2nd quarter Curry is my guy

tredigs
01-05-2018, 12:24 PM
OK he is the GOAT regular season scorer in a blow out.

When I need a guy to take a 3 up 25 against the Hornets in the 2nd quarter Curry is my guy

More precisely, if you need the guy to hit the threes and make the plays to put you up 25 against the Hornets so Nick Young can come in and get his shots up during the 4th quarter while Curry's already got ice on his knees most nights. By the way, Curry tied the record for most points in the 4th quarter of a Finals game (MJ at 17 points) in his first Finals appearance... twice. Seems like a pretty decent time to put up some points? You do you though. I'll keep on enjoying watching him lead some of the best teams we've ever seen. :shrug:

Jamiecballer
01-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Wait....so you're still on the "curry is just a shooter" bandwagon? As in, that's his only valuable asset?

no, he's pretty good at a bunch of things, average at some, and an exceptional, exceptional shooter.

ewing
01-05-2018, 02:35 PM
More precisely, if you need the guy to hit the threes and make the plays to put you up 25 against the Hornets so Nick Young can come in and get his shots up during the 4th quarter while Curry's already got ice on his knees most nights. By the way, Curry tied the record for most points in the 4th quarter of a Finals game (MJ at 17 points) in his first Finals appearance... twice. Seems like a pretty decent time to put up some points? You do you though. I'll keep on enjoying watching him lead some of the best teams we've ever seen. :shrug:

do that. just stop pretending he is the most impactful player today or best scorer ever b/c he is Dam Lillard with super friends.

valade16
01-05-2018, 02:36 PM
do that. just stop pretending he is the most impactful player or best scorer b/c he is Dam Lillard with super friends.

Dame is the Bruce Banner to Curry's Hulk.

lol, please
01-05-2018, 02:56 PM
do that. just stop pretending he is the most impactful player today or best scorer ever b/c he is Dam Lillard with super friends.Did you just say curry is basically Lillard on the Warriors?

:confused:

lol, please
01-05-2018, 02:56 PM
More precisely, if you need the guy to hit the threes and make the plays to put you up 25 against the Hornets so Nick Young can come in and get his shots up during the 4th quarter while Curry's already got ice on his knees most nights. By the way, Curry tied the record for most points in the 4th quarter of a Finals game (MJ at 17 points) in his first Finals appearance... twice. Seems like a pretty decent time to put up some points? You do you though. I'll keep on enjoying watching him lead some of the best teams we've ever seen. :shrug:Some of? Stop it lol. Name one team better than this Warriors team in history. (This run/core, not this season specifically). Just one.

ewing
01-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Did you just say curry is basically Lillard on the Warriors?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
01-05-2018, 03:13 PM
no, he's pretty good at a bunch of things, average at some, and an exceptional, exceptional shooter.

I agree

tredigs
01-05-2018, 03:38 PM

Underselling him juuuust a smidge lol. You could literally make all his threes worth 2 and he would still be an All NBA/dominant player. There's quite a few highly elite aspects to his game other than the GOAT 3pt shot.

Jamiecballer
01-05-2018, 03:46 PM
Underselling him juuuust a smidge lol. You could literally make all his threes worth 2 and he would still be an All NBA/dominant player. There's quite a few highly elite aspects to his game other than the GOAT 3pt shot.Maybe a little bit. I would upgrade my description to pretty good at most things, average at a few and an exceptional exceptional shooter. That's totally fair. The most notable thing about him by far is the ability to shoot. And pace and quality of teammates both factor into how he is or should be viewed

tredigs
01-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Maybe a little bit. I would upgrade my description to pretty good at most things, average at a few and an exceptional exceptional shooter. That's totally fair. The most notable thing about him by far is the ability to shoot. And pace and quality of teammates both factor into how he is or should be viewed

Pace? How so. Check Curry in college or his play/stats from January on in his rookie year to squash the teammate argument nice and quick. He's ELITE at finishing at the rim at this point, ELITE as a ball handler+playmaker (don't let the relatively average assist totals fool you, there is a lot of secondary passing from overpaying him going on), and obviously just elite as a scorer everywhere on the floor (regardless of it being in or out of 2pt range. "Pretty good" essentially only applies to his rebounding (very solid but not elite of course) and D (a bit above average). Again, an All NBA level player even if you removed the thing that puts him in the GOAT tier offensively.

valade16
01-05-2018, 04:14 PM
There is no doubt in my mind the Blazers get drastically better if we swap Lillard with Curry.

Now GS would still be the favorites to win the title because Lillard, Klay, KD and Dray is still ridiculous, but that's an indictment on just how stacked they are. Bottom line: the Blazers go from .500 team to fighting for the top seeds below the Warriors in the Conference.

nastynice
01-05-2018, 04:17 PM

Why would anyone think curry wouldnít translate to the 90ís? The amount of contact refs allow defenders on golden state shooters is insane, clear fouls in the 90ís too. They are allowed to be pulled and grabbed more than anyone, somehow two years ago it just became normal, yet they just keep rolling

ewing
01-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Pace? How so. Check Curry in college or his play/stats from January on in his rookie year to squash the teammate argument nice and quick. He's ELITE at finishing at the rim at this point, ELITE as a ball handler+playmaker (don't let the relatively average assist totals fool you, there is a lot of secondary passing from overpaying him going on), and obviously just elite as a scorer everywhere on the floor (regardless of it being in or out of 2pt range. "Pretty good" essentially only applies to his rebounding (very solid but not elite of course) and D (a bit above average). Again, an All NBA level player even if you removed the thing that puts him in the GOAT tier offensively.

Why should discount his teammates. He plays with two other all time great shooters. The floor is so spread for him to drive itís redic. He is also an all time great shooter playing at pace all the time. Pace creates scramble, scramble creates Js. When pace is slowed and talent evened he isnít as good in the playoffs. if you took away pace and space in the regular season by taking him off a super team the effect would be greater

Also if you take away his range he isnít a great driver. Iím slow but I get to the bucket bc you have play up on me.

ewing
01-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Why would anyone think curry wouldnít translate to the 90ís? The amount of contact refs allow defenders on golden state shooters is insane, clear fouls in the 90ís too. They are allowed to be pulled and grabbed more than anyone, somehow two years ago it just became normal, yet they just keep rolling

Fake news

tredigs
01-05-2018, 06:13 PM
Did you just say, "the amount of space Curry gets is redic"????

I just realized we're clearly not talking about the same player. There is probably no player in NBA history who has to work as hard as Steph Curry does in order to get open looks. Have you been thinking this is about Seth Curry this whole tiem??

Just to be clear, THIS is the player you are talking about in this thread? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ_MUhxI-cM

HIM? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKYbVclr64

And lke all players, he's had his hiccups in the post-season, but he CRUSHES in the playoffs as well (LOVE the narrative that he doesn't). Career 26/5/7 on a 61% TS with essentialy identical WS, PER, Offensive Rating, etc (and the team still performs at a ridiculously higher level with him on the court as he is the focus of every opposing defense). The myth of the pace drop in the playoffs is largely false, by the way. It drops most seasons, but it's an inconsequential amount (equal to about 2 of 100 possessions). Long story short, you really don't know what you're talking about here.

ewing
01-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Did you just say, "the amount of space Curry gets is redic"????

I just realized we're clearly not talking about the same player. There is probably no player in NBA history who has to work as hard as Steph Curry does in order to get open looks. Have you been thinking this is about Seth Curry this whole tiem??

Just to be clear, THIS is the player you are talking about in this thread? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ_MUhxI-cM

HIM? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKYbVclr64

And lke all players, he's had his hiccups in the post-season, but he CRUSHES in the playoffs as well (LOVE the narrative that he doesn't). Career 26/5/7 on a 61% TS with essentialy identical WS, PER, Offensive Rating, etc (and the team still performs at a ridiculously higher level with him on the court as he is the focus of every opposing defense). The myth of the pace drop in the playoffs is largely false, by the way. It drops most seasons, but it's an inconsequential amount (equal to about 2 of 100 possessions). Long story short, you really don't know what you're talking about here.

The warriors space the floor better then any team in history. That creates his driving lanes. That and his own incredible range. Teams probably work harder to take away open looks from him then anyone else but he also benefits from the other stars scorers around him. Anyway I will admit to stretching things a little to irk you in this thread but you so consistently make a fool of yourself on this one and act so pompous that I couldnít help it

tredigs
01-05-2018, 06:42 PM
The warriors space the floor better then any team in history. That creates his driving lanes. That and his own incredible range. Teams probably work harder to take away open looks from him then anyone else but he also benefits from the other stars scorers around him. Anyway I will admit to stretching things a little to irk you in this thread but you so consistently make a fool of yourself on this one and act so pompous that I couldnít help it

Good, all I wanted was for you to admit you're trolling. In the future, when you're ready to stop trolling and actually discuss the reality of why I say some of the things that I do concerning the guy, you let us know. There's nothing asinine about what I've said in the least.

ewing
01-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Good, all I wanted was for you to admit you're trolling. In the future, when you're ready to stop trolling and actually discuss the reality of why I say some of the things that I do concerning the guy, you let us know. There's nothing asinine about what I've said in the least.

Nah, you can make a fool of yourself on your own

tredigs
01-05-2018, 09:29 PM
You may want to try to string together three straight cogent thoughts without trolling like a child before you go around throwing too much shade. So far we're 0 for 13 years.

ewing
01-05-2018, 09:48 PM
You may want to try to string together three straight cogent thoughts without trolling like a child before you go around throwing too much shade. So far we're 0 for 13 years.

I will. I promise, but only if you stop being so pompous

tredigs
01-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Let's not make promises we can't keep

Jamiecballer
01-05-2018, 11:19 PM
Pace? How so. Check Curry in college or his play/stats from January on in his rookie year to squash the teammate argument nice and quick. He's ELITE at finishing at the rim at this point, ELITE as a ball handler+playmaker (don't let the relatively average assist totals fool you, there is a lot of secondary passing from overpaying him going on), and obviously just elite as a scorer everywhere on the floor (regardless of it being in or out of 2pt range. "Pretty good" essentially only applies to his rebounding (very solid but not elite of course) and D (a bit above average). Again, an All NBA level player even if you removed the thing that puts him in the GOAT tier offensively.I respect that you believe that final statement but with the talent at PG in the league I don't see it. Maybe here and there but not a consistently for sure like you assume of guys like Durant James Bryant etc etc

ewing
01-05-2018, 11:45 PM
I respect that you believe that final statement but with the talent at PG in the league I don't see it. Maybe here and there but not a consistently for sure like you assume of guys like Durant James Bryant etc etc

He absolutely is not an ALL NBA player if you take away his long range J. When he beats you back door it b/c guys are scared of the 3. When he pump fakes and drives it b/c of the threat of the J. When he beats you off the dribble guys don't have the time to slide in front b/c they are playing so tight b/c of the threat of the J. Tregis is wrong. If guys sagged on him the way they do John Wall he wouldn't be in the NBA

tredigs
01-05-2018, 11:57 PM
He absolutely is not an ALL NBA player if you take away his long range J. When he beats you back door it b/c guys are scared of the 3. When he pump fakes and drives it b/c of the threat of the J. When he beats you off the dribble guys don't have the time to slide in front b/c they are playing so tight b/c of the threat of the J. Tregis is wrong. If guys sagged on him the way they do John Wall he wouldn't be in the NBA

Lol you don't get to take away the ability as a whole (unless we're taking away Shaq's size, 'Bron's power, Magic's passing, etc in this theoretical), I'm saying if he was thrust into 1975 rules where 3's aren't a thing. If you sag off him, he'll just smile and drill it in your face for 2 from wherever he's at. And your last comment is (shocker) a complete comedy for that reason. Bro you really do have a laughable misconception of his abilities. Enough talk from me though. If you somehow can't see it by now, you won't ever see it.

valade16
01-06-2018, 12:01 AM
Lol you don't get to take away the ability as a whole (unless we're taking away Shaq's size, 'Bron's power, Magic's passing, etc in this theoretical), I'm saying if he was thrust into 1975 rules where 3's aren't a thing. If you sag off him, he'll just smile and drill it in your face for 2 from wherever he's at. And your last comment is (shocker) a complete comedy for that reason. Bro you really do have a laughable misconception of his abilities. Enough talk from me though. If you somehow can't see it by now, you won't ever see it.

If he suddenly shot the ball from deep as well as say Damian Lillard from deep (around 37%), he'd still be a better defender, better ball-handler, better passer, etc. than Lillard. So he'd at the very least be better than Lillard, which would make him at least a Top 25 player in the NBA still.

ewing
01-06-2018, 12:51 AM

you actually said something that makes sense though it was a backtrack on your earlier statements

nastynice
01-06-2018, 05:19 AM

His handles are legit clean too, plus he knows how to use his body to shield people off in the paint.

Everyone has strengths they play off of, lebrons drilling 3ís cuz all the space he gets cuz you donít wanna let him get going to the rim.

Heediot
01-06-2018, 06:36 AM
Maybe a little bit. I would upgrade my description to pretty good at most things, average at a few and an exceptional exceptional shooter. That's totally fair. The most notable thing about him by far is the ability to shoot. And pace and quality of teammates both factor into how he is or should be viewed

Curry does more to open things for his teammates then vice versa.

Heediot
01-06-2018, 06:47 AM

You have to want and expect the contact and more punishing contact back then when going to the hole. Now your not going to get hammered more then 1/3 of time on average, but it's psychologically in the back of your mind because the threat was common back then, moreso in rivalry games and the playoffs. Players can also cramp up your space more because hand checking was allowed, this mattered more in the playoffs as refs let things slide more. I don't think KD is the type of guy that wants that contact, right now he's taking advantage of rules where once you turn the corner on a pick the ball handler has the advantage in that he can't be touched or maneuvered into another defender like it was back then. I give Curry more balls, but he's fragile and more prone to getting hurt so I don't know how many times the guy is going to try and attack the rim. There jumpers are so wet that they'll always be good, but the dynamics change if you throw them back in a time where defenders have more leeway physically especially in the playoffs. Now if they get to play with each other in a system like they have know, or something close they'd be fine in the regular season in the 90's (not too common back then and three point attempts weren't even half of what is thrown up today), once the playoff hits things will change. KD was getting punked by midgets like tony Allen and Cp when he was at OKC. And this was with the current rules. The Cavs made it hard as **** on Curry with that physicality. They'll still be good because of their wet jumpers and ability to play off the ball, so they'll still be HOF type talents.

nastynice
01-06-2018, 06:48 AM
Curry does more to open things for his teammates then vice versa.

Who knows who does what for who, itís just a phenomenal system with insane talent that happens to perfectly fit that system

Starts from the top, Bob Meyers is an absolute savage

Heediot
01-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Who knows who does what for who, itís just a phenomenal system with insane talent that happens to perfectly fit that system

Starts from the top, Bob Meyers is an absolute savage

It's a phenomenal system. But when Curry was injured of late the few GS games I watched, the flow and rhythm on offense wasn't the same.

nastynice
01-06-2018, 06:54 AM
You have to want and expect the contact and more punishing contact back then when going to the hole. Now your not going to get hammered more then 1/3 of time on average, but it's psychologically in the back of your mind because the threat was common back then, moreso in rivalry games and the playoffs. Players can also cramp up your space more because hand checking was allowed, this mattered more in the playoffs as refs let things slide more. I don't think KD is the type of guy that wants that contact, right now he's taking advantage of rules where once you turn the corner on a pick the ball handler has the advantage in that he can't be touched or maneuvered into another defender like it was back then. I give Curry more balls, but he's fragile and more prone to getting hurt so I don't know how many times the guy is going to try and attack the rim. There jumpers are so wet that they'll always be good, but the dynamics change if you throw them back in a time where defenders have more leeway physically especially in the playoffs. Now if they get to play with each other in a system like they have know, or something close they'd be fine in the regular season in the 90's (not too common back then and three point attempts weren't even half of what is thrown up today), once the playoff hits things will change. KD was getting punked by midgets like tony Allen and Cp when he was at OKC. And this was with the current rules. The Cavs made it hard as **** on Curry with that physicality. They'll still be good because of their wet jumpers and ability to play off the ball, so they'll still be HOF type talents.

Curry is one scrappy dude, you not giving him enough credit. He stays snagging boards amongst trees

nastynice
01-06-2018, 06:58 AM
It's a phenomenal system. But when Curry was injured of late the few GS games I watched, the flow and rhythm on offense wasn't the same.

Yea, his range is what allows us to run as efficient as we do. This boy gettin picked up at 40 ft, all kinds a daylight to run screens for shooters. I seen this guy stay drawing two defenders without the ball in his hands, heís too ****in insane, with another splash brother running staggered screens with him

Heediot
01-06-2018, 07:03 AM
Curry is one scrappy dude, you not giving him enough credit. He stays snagging boards amongst trees

Maybe but his fragility is what worries me. He's not D Rose/Embiid fragile but he isn't the most durable. Vince Carter on the Raptors for his first half decade was a beast but once he started getting hurt his psyche changed and he dunked and attacked the rim with savageness less and less. Same with Rose, the guy was a monster attacking the rim, one of the explosive players in nba history both VC and Rose. After some injuries things changed. He did try and revert back a bit on the knicks, but he was going all out for a big contract. I might be under-estimating Curry's bravery/heart, but I can sense the guy plays with balls, so you never know maybe, he's real smart on the court too so he can probably pick his spots back then.

nastynice
01-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Maybe but his fragility is what worries me. He's not D Rose/Embiid fragile but he isn't the most durable. Vince Carter on the Raptors for his first half decade was a beast but once he started getting hurt his psyche changed and he dunked and attacked the rim with savageness less and less. Same with Rose, the guy was a monster attacking the rim, one of the explosive players in nba history both VC and Rose. After some injuries things changed. He did try and revert back a bit on the knicks, but he was going all out for a big contract. I might be under-estimating Curry's bravery/heart, but I can sense the guy plays with balls, so you never know maybe, he's real smart on the court too so he can probably pick his spots back then.

I donít consider him fragile. He had ankle issues, recently rolled the **** out of it but everything seems ok. There was that thing two years ago, slipped on a wet spot, thatís a tough break

ewing
01-06-2018, 07:08 AM
His handles are legit clean too, plus he knows how to use his body to shield people off in the paint.

Everyone has strengths they play off of, lebrons drilling 3ís cuz all the space he gets cuz you donít wanna let him get going to the rim.

Of course. Curry game is built off what he does best and thatís the way it should be

Jamiecballer
01-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Curry does more to open things for his teammates then vice versa.I don't disagree with that statement at all. I just think he gets a fairly big boost from the speed of play and caliber of teammates. The fear factor of is he gonna shoot starting from 30 feet out is subtle and critical to his scoring ability imo and without it he's not going to be special because his physical tools surely are not, imo

tredigs
01-06-2018, 01:37 PM
I don't disagree with that statement at all. I just think he gets a fairly big boost from the speed of play and caliber of teammates. The fear factor of is he gonna shoot starting from 30 feet out is subtle and critical to his scoring ability imo and without it he's not going to be special because his physical tools surely are not, imo

Has he played at this pace with these teammates his whole life? Because he's certainly been crushing everyone since high school. Kid was leading the nation in scoring and beating up the top seeds in the NCAA tourney on a team that hadn't made the tournament in decades. His rookie year on a rat Warriors team he was already crushing/breaking records. It's very possible you're just underestimating him. He IS why the Warriors offense is what it is. Every measure proves that.

Jamiecballer
01-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Has he played at this pace with these teammates his whole life? Because he's certainly been crushing everyone since high school. Kid was leading the nation in scoring and beating up the top seeds in the NCAA tourney on a team that hadn't made the tournament in decades. His rookie year on a rat Warriors team he was already crushing/breaking records. It's very possible you're just underestimating him. He IS why the Warriors offense is what it is. Every measure proves that.I'm well aware of his history. And I'm not trying to be curt or rude I'm just on the go. None of what you are saying is a counter in any way to what I'm saying. His numbers against non pro players doesn t have anything to do with whether or not he would be near as effective getting to the basket or his spots without his unreal range and accuracy from deep.

lol, please
01-06-2018, 06:16 PM
I don't disagree with that statement at all. I just think he gets a fairly big boost from the speed of play and caliber of teammates. The fear factor of is he gonna shoot starting from 30 feet out is subtle and critical to his scoring ability imo and without it he's not going to be special because his physical tools surely are not, imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using TapatalkBut so what? Why is this a knock on Curry?

Why must he be on a team of below NBA level average scrubs in order for you to recognize greatness in his game?

Of course having elite players around you isn't, or shouldn't be a detriment.

You speak of this "boost" like it takes away from how great he is as a player

Jamiecballer
01-06-2018, 06:37 PM
But so what? Why is this a knock on Curry?

Why must he be on a team of below NBA level average scrubs in order for you to recognize greatness in his game?

Of course having elite players around you isn't, or shouldn't be a detriment.

You speak of this "boost" like it takes away from how great he is as a player

no, i don't think i do at all. the whole conversation started regarding his level of ability in a a number of different areas. can't debate that without acknowledging how his staggering shooting range affects how it makes other things possible for him that he might not otherwise be able to do.

basch152
01-06-2018, 06:44 PM
goddamn curry has been a god since coming back.

tredigs
01-06-2018, 08:32 PM
goddamn curry has been a god since coming back.

36/6/5 on an 80% TS in 30mpg. It's not a bonus for Curry production wise to play with KD (tho it raises the Warriors potency against the Cavs So he's valuable). So, the teammate narrative is a bit undwhelming considering he's proven time and again it doesn't matter who his teammates are to do what he does.

lol, please
01-06-2018, 08:35 PM
36/6/5 on an 80% TS in 30mpg. It's not a bonus for Curry production wise to play with KD (tho it raises the Warriors potency against the Cavs So he's valuable). So, the teammate narrative is a bit undwhelming considering he's proven time and again it doesn't matter who his teammates are to do what he does.

+28 and 50% from 3

:nod:

valade16
01-06-2018, 08:37 PM

Granted he still had the best supporting cast in the league, but his monster year was before KD, so saying that KD allows him to be as good as he is seems ridiculous since he had one of the greatest offensive seasons in history prior to KD. If anything, KD limits his potential for individual statistical greatness for the betterment of the team.

lol, please
01-06-2018, 08:45 PM
Granted he still had the best supporting cast in the league, but his monster year was before KD, so saying that KD allows him to be as good as he is seems ridiculous since he had one of the greatest offensive seasons in history prior to KD. If anything, KD limits his potential for individual statistical greatness for the betterment of the team.
why?

valade16
01-06-2018, 08:49 PM
why?

Because so long as KD is there, there is no way he's scoring 30 PPG like he did in 2016.

lol, please
01-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Because so long as KD is there, there is no way he's scoring 30 PPG like he did in 2016.

I would say this says otherwise.

http://bkref.com/tiny/XQ92S

At least the ability to.

Jamiecballer
01-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Granted he still had the best supporting cast in the league, but his monster year was before KD, so saying that KD allows him to be as good as he is seems ridiculous since he had one of the greatest offensive seasons in history prior to KD. If anything, KD limits his potential for individual statistical greatness for the betterment of the team.There is a red herring, has anyone said it had anything to do with kd?

Not saying you are trying to twist words, could be unintentional

nastynice
01-06-2018, 09:27 PM

Limits statistical greatness, but I think the actual greatness doesn't take a hit. The statistics say his 2016 season was his peak, but is anyone really gonna argue against 2017 playoffs being his actual peak (so far)? Boy was flat out dominant in all the right spots, hit big shot after big shot, killing any momentum other teams had going

He didn't even go unconscious once. He and Durant were just learning how to control the game with each other. I think still got a way to go before hitting any kinda ceiling

valade16
01-06-2018, 09:37 PM
I would say this says otherwise.

http://bkref.com/tiny/XQ92S

At least the ability to.

He has the ability to score 30 points in any given game, he will not score 30 PPG for the season however.

Last year he was at 25 and this year he's at 27. He is simply not going to put up a year like 2015 with KD there because he has to share the ball with KD too much.

valade16
01-06-2018, 09:46 PM
There is a red herring, has anyone said it had anything to do with kd?

Not saying you are trying to twist words, could be unintentional

I guess I don't get your point then? You said Curry should be viewed with the quality of his teammates in mind and you or someone else said that his teammates open up space for him to perhaps look better than he is.

But what teammates are we talking about?

Because he's been phenomenal with KD, Klay and Dray and before that he was even more phenomenal with just Klay and Dray with no KD. Heck, before that he was a 2nd Team All-NBA Team player averaging 24 PPG and 8.5 APG in a very restrictive Mark Jackson offense and that was without Draymond Green starting.

So when you say his teammates make him look so good, do you mean specifically Klay Thompson? Because he's proven he can play at an elite level with or without KD and with or without Dray.

Do his teammates make it easier for him on the court? Absolutely. Is it blatantly obvious that Curry's greatness is not because of his teammates? Absolutely.

Jamiecballer
01-06-2018, 10:28 PM
I guess I don't get your point then? You said Curry should be viewed with the quality of his teammates in mind and you or someone else said that his teammates open up space for him to perhaps look better than he is.

But what teammates are we talking about?

Because he's been phenomenal with KD, Klay and Dray and before that he was even more phenomenal with just Klay and Dray with no KD. Heck, before that he was a 2nd Team All-NBA Team player averaging 24 PPG and 8.5 APG in a very restrictive Mark Jackson offense and that was without Draymond Green starting.

So when you say his teammates make him look so good, do you mean specifically Klay Thompson? Because he's proven he can play at an elite level with or without KD and with or without Dray.

Do his teammates make it easier for him on the court? Absolutely. Is it blatantly obvious that Curry's greatness is not because of his teammates? Absolutely.Even if you go back to 2013-14 as you seem to be doing by the end of your post you are still talking about a pretty decent group of teammates there headlined of course by Thompson and Mark Jackson or not they played to the 6th highest pace. All I suggested was that when viewing the overall body of work we should acknowledge that both pace and teammates are extremely positive factors for him.

mngopher35
01-06-2018, 10:36 PM
I dunno we are stretching things pretty far now to favor Curry imo. I actually think he was headed towards becoming the player people are talking about but the issue is we just won't really know for sure how he stands up to pressure after the KD move.

Curry took off when Green was inserted into the starting lineup with Kerr's system, not sure how that isn't evident (obviously Klay there for both). He was good before, then he was great since then. Now even with that change we saw Curry struggle a little bit in the post season. Not saying he was bad but it wasn't like the all time level guy we would see in the RS either. His best playoff run pre Durant was 2015 which is below compared to Harden that same season. One is a proven all time great and the other (the one with clearly lesser cast) is kinda considered a poor playoff performer. https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=James+Harden&player_id1_select=James+Harden&y1=2015&player_id1=hardeja01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Stephen+Curry&player_id2_select=Stephen+Curry&y2=2015&player_id2=curryst01&idx=players

I have already covered this but Durant struggled in the same way recently in the playoffs. I used Westy in that comparison and could have thrown him in the above to show how it's comparable to Steph's top playoff run. All of the sudden they all come together and now those playoff "struggles" appeared to disappear for both. Many people are just trying to point out that obviously these guys helped each other on the court in order to overcome those issues. They were and still are great players but to what extent will be very challenging to figure out since we know they have set themselves up in such a perfect situation without any competition near them (aka they don't need to be at their best or push themselves to win a title, we may not fully see their individual greatness).

I don't think it is hard to point to situation being a factor when Green/Kerr change lead to Curry becoming MVP level. Then when they added Durant his playoff numbers skyrocketed in a similar manner. It seems like every time the situation is upgraded Curry as an indivually takes a boost as well (statistically at least).

valade16
01-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Even if you go back to 2013-14 as you seem to be doing by the end of your post you are still talking about a pretty decent group of teammates there headlined of course by Thompson and Mark Jackson or not they played to the 6th highest pace. All I suggested was that when viewing the overall body of work we should acknowledge that both pace and teammates are extremely positive factors for him.

If the standard is "pretty decent group of teammates" then literally every Top 50 player ever should be scrutinized because all played, at some point, with "pretty decent teammates". That's not a very high threshold.

As for the pace, are you saying the raw totals are inflated because of the pace? Sure, possibly (though they are deflated so to speak because he doesn't play nearly as many minutes as most other top level players), but we have Per100 stats to normalize his production for pace, and he still looks very good in those metrics as well.

Yeah, I agree all the things your describing should be analyzed and put into context when evaluating Curry. I'm simply saying that once you evaluate all of those pertinent factors you are still left with one unequivocal conclusion: Steph Curry is an elite basketball player. That would be true with or without pace and it would be true with or without the most talented supporting cast.

tredigs
01-06-2018, 10:46 PM
Even if you go back to 2013-14 as you seem to be doing by the end of your post you are still talking about a pretty decent group of teammates there headlined of course by Thompson and Mark Jackson or not they played to the 6th highest pace. All I suggested was that when viewing the overall body of work we should acknowledge that both pace and teammates are extremely positive factors for him.

Just stop with the teammate talk unless you have substance behind it man. They don't run the highest pace for one (nor do they run a pace that compares to hundreds of teams in the past). And he's been doing this his whole life (only now has insane handles and finishes at the rim at a level few can match).

As a rookie in his last 50 games (after he was allowed some minutes) put up 21/5/7 on 47/45/90 and broke the rookie record for 3s.

He crushes with anyone. This is documented over a decade now and I can't believe that fact still needs to be re stated.

valade16
01-06-2018, 10:58 PM
I dunno we are stretching things pretty far now to favor Curry imo. I actually think he was headed towards becoming the player people are talking about but the issue is we just won't really know for sure how he stands up to pressure after the KD move.

Curry took off when Green was inserted into the starting lineup with Kerr's system, not sure how that isn't evident (obviously Klay there for both). He was good before, then he was great since then. Now even with that change we saw Curry struggle a little bit in the post season. Not saying he was bad but it wasn't like the all time level guy we would see in the RS either. His best playoff run pre Durant was 2015 which is below compared to Harden that same season. One is a proven all time great and the other (the one with clearly lesser cast) is kinda considered a poor playoff performer. https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=James+Harden&player_id1_select=James+Harden&y1=2015&player_id1=hardeja01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Stephen+Curry&player_id2_select=Stephen+Curry&y2=2015&player_id2=curryst01&idx=players

I have already covered this but Durant struggled in the same way recently in the playoffs. I used Westy in that comparison and could have thrown him in the above to show how it's comparable to Steph's top playoff run. All of the sudden they all come together and now those playoff "struggles" appeared to disappear for both. Many people are just trying to point out that obviously these guys helped each other on the court in order to overcome those issues. They were and still are great players but to what extent will be very challenging to figure out since we know they have set themselves up in such a perfect situation without any competition near them (aka they don't need to be at their best or push themselves to win a title, we may not fully see their individual greatness).

I don't think it is hard to point to situation being a factor when Green/Kerr change lead to Curry becoming MVP level. Then when they added Durant his playoff numbers skyrocketed in a similar manner. It seems like every time the situation is upgraded Curry as an indivually takes a boost as well (statistically at least).

That's a little unfair though as that was literally the best playoff year Harden has ever had. So at worst Curry then (by far his best year in the playoffs) is as good as Harden has ever been in the playoffs. Harden is considered a playoff choker because of virtually every year besides 2015, or put another way: if Harden played as well as he did in 2015 in the playoffs in every other year, nobody would think he was a playoff underperformer.

mngopher35
01-06-2018, 11:04 PM
Why is that unfair? I was comparing their best years haha it was for both (curry pre Durant).

That was the best for both and they are similar. Difference being hardens cast was worse.

Edit:oh I see what you are saying but that's kinda the point with curry. That's what we have seen as his best too and it's not like it was consistently at or above that level for many years. Similar to harden

Jamiecballer
01-06-2018, 11:36 PM
Just stop with the teammate talk unless you have substance behind it man. They don't run the highest pace for one (nor do they run a pace that compares to hundreds of teams in the past). And he's been doing this his whole life (only now has insane handles and finishes at the rim at a level few can match).

As a rookie in his last 50 games (after he was allowed some minutes) put up 21/5/7 on 47/45/90 and broke the rookie record for 3s.

He crushes with anyone. This is documented over a decade now and I can't believe that fact still needs to be re stated.Lmao the guy has the most stacked cast in history but let's all stop with the teammate nonsense. While we are at it lets ignore how easy the game is for KD. Oops I guess the same standard doesn t apply.

I don't get why we can't objectively see two things happening concurrently here - a very good player in extremely favorable conditions - perhaps the most favorable conditions one could ever have.

Jamiecballer
01-06-2018, 11:42 PM
If the standard is "pretty decent group of teammates" then literally every Top 50 player ever should be scrutinized because all played, at some point, with "pretty decent teammates". That's not a very high threshold.

As for the pace, are you saying the raw totals are inflated because of the pace? Sure, possibly (though they are deflated so to speak because he doesn't play nearly as many minutes as most other top level players), but we have Per100 stats to normalize his production for pace, and he still looks very good in those metrics as well.

Yeah, I agree all the things your describing should be analyzed and put into context when evaluating Curry. I'm simply saying that once you evaluate all of those pertinent factors you are still left with one unequivocal conclusion: Steph Curry is an elite basketball player. That would be true with or without pace and it would be true with or without the most talented supporting cast.Fwiw I have not disagreed with that conclusion.

And the bar is not set at his teammates from that season, that is literally the worst he's had in your timeframe and most players would love to be in that situation. I can only imagine klay and Steph sitting around drinking beers saying remember when we only had that and then giggling their ***** off

tredigs
01-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Lmao they guy has the most stacked cast in history but let's all stop with the teammate nonsense. While we are at it lets ignore how easy the game is for KD. Oops I guess the same standard doesn t apply.

I don't get why we can't objectively see two things happening concurrently here - a very good player in extremely favorable conditions - perhaps the most favorable conditions one could ever have.

Let's not just ignore the fact that having KD does not help Curry or his stats is the point man (and GL arguing an ATG cast without him).

KD won the MVP when Westbrook went down and he played the best ball of his career while OKC crushed btw.

Perhaps you just have a very poor recognition of greatness.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Let's not just ignore the fact that having KD does not help Curry or his stats is the point man (and GL arguing an ATG cast without him).

KD won the MVP when Westbrook went down and he played the best ball of his career while OKC crushed btw.

Perhaps you just have a very poor recognition of greatness.

perhaps you should just change your name from tredigs to tregags and be done with it :)

also the only semblance of a completed though is the last sentence, what the hell is the rest supposed to even mean? i need a translator for the first sentence.

nastynice
01-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Lmao they guy has the most stacked cast in history but let's all stop with the teammate nonsense. While we are at it lets ignore how easy the game is for KD. Oops I guess the same standard doesn t apply.

Extremely favorable

Like lebron and wade

And bosh

Houston, okc, Itís the new thing bro, get with it!

Jamiecballer
01-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Extremely favorable

Like lebron and wade

And bosh

Houston, okc, Itís the new thing bro, get with it!

you don't honestly think those situations are similar. i've read enough of your posts to know that you recognize the confluence of extremely positive factors that occurred to create this situation.

lol, please
01-07-2018, 01:38 PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using TapatalkWhere did you buy this myth that because a team constitutes of great players, those players couldn't handle more of a load on their own?

lol, please
01-07-2018, 01:40 PM
perhaps you should just change your name from tredigs to tregags and be done with it :)

also the only semblance of a completed though is the last sentence, what the hell is the rest supposed to even mean? i need a translator for the first sentence.What does this response mean? Quit deflecting and address the point that you're wrong about Durant who has proven he can carry a team offensively before.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2018, 02:48 PM
What does this response mean? Quit deflecting and address the point that you're wrong about Durant who has proven he can carry a team offensively before.

why the hell would i have to say anything regarding Durant? his ability isn't even in question here... what i was saying before was that we can't talk all day about how the game is so much easier for Durant now that he's a Warrior and then act like Curry hasn't been a huge benefactor for the bulk of his career of, amongst other things, an incredible head coach, a team/system that has been at the forefront of a revolution on how the game is played and tremendous All NBA teammates. Durant gets endless flak for this.

nastynice
01-07-2018, 02:53 PM
you don't honestly think those situations are similar. i've read enough of your posts to know that you recognize the confluence of extremely positive factors that occurred to create this situation.

Oh my bad, I thought you were talking about how one superstar takes pressure off another.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2018, 02:59 PM
duplicate post

Jamiecballer
01-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Where did you buy this myth that because a team constitutes of great players, those players couldn't handle more of a load on their own?

haven't you argued frequently for Curry as the all-inclusive superstar that seamlessly integrates talent, ie the anti-Lebron? if i'm wrong i apologize - if i'm not pick a side of the fence and stay on it.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2018, 03:53 PM
anyways, i don't even know what this discussion is about anymore. if you think Curry is the best point guard in the league - more power to you. totally defendable position. if you think he'd be look (and perform) just as good if you swapped him with Iverson on those 2001 76er's, let's just say i don't and leave it at that. i view him much as i do Steve Nash, albeit a little better. we talk all the time about players who we think would be better if they were just in the right situation - but people get real damn sensitive when it's pointed out that their boy pretty much won the lottery of good situations. i don't get it - just about everyone concedes the Warriors are as much a product of incredible fit as they are incredible talent so it should go without saying that they all look and perform better for being part of such a great fit as they would if they were taken out of that context.

Scoots
01-07-2018, 04:46 PM
I think it's funny that we degrade stats when players are on bad teams because they had to do more so of course they have better stats, and we degrade stats on good teams because the teammates help make it easier to get stats. Riiiight. So for a player to be truly great they have to be on a middle of the pack playoff team?

valade16
01-07-2018, 04:49 PM
I think it's funny that we degrade stats when players are on bad teams because they had to do more so of course they have better stats, and we degrade stats on good teams because the teammates help make it easier to get stats. Riiiight. So for a player to be truly great they have to be on a middle of the pack playoff team?

The best player ever was goldilocks lol

nastynice
01-07-2018, 04:54 PM
I donít think anyoneís gonna argue against the warriors being a great situation to play in. Itís very symbiotic, itís a perfect system for curry (and Klay), and his insane talent is the reason why it can be run as itís run. Plus the overall defensive versatility. Thatís one thing I like about Boston and why I think they have a lot of good years on the horizon. I donít know what the stats are so please forgive me (mngopher been smoking me lately, lol) but they look to have the potential to have an elite team defense

mngopher35
01-07-2018, 05:01 PM

It all depends on context. Right now curry is both held back (see volume in regular season) and helped out (see boost I. Efficiency come post season).

Generally speaking when you lack help you will be forced to carry a heavier load, this usually helps in the regular season. However when teams have more time and fully game plan around stopping one player without help it usually results in a drop off in efficiency. This is mostly seen come playoff time and I have shown Durant and curry pre move.

It's a pretty simple concept and is usually easy to see when watching games (at least I could tell the difference of adding Durant, maybe others couldn't). There is nuance and other factors that will always play into it but in a general sense why wouldn't people care about the context and point out obvious advantages or disadvantages?

Scoots
01-07-2018, 05:05 PM
The best player ever was goldilocks lol

LOL

She's got my vote!

Scoots
01-07-2018, 05:09 PM
It all depends on context. Right now curry is both held back (see volume in regular season) and helped out (see boost I. Efficiency come post season).

Generally speaking when you lack help you will be forced to carry a heavier load, this usually helps in the regular season. However when teams have more time and fully game plan around stopping one player without help it usually results in a drop off in efficiency. This is mostly seen come playoff time and I have shown Durant and curry pre move.

It's a pretty simple concept and is usually easy to see when watching games (at least I could tell the difference of adding Durant, maybe others couldn't). There is nuance and other factors that will always play into it but in a general sense why wouldn't people care about the context and point out obvious advantages or disadvantages?

I get all that ... but when people argue for or against a player both arguments can be made depending on the point you are trying to make.

LeBron in the finals in 15 was "alone" and his efficiency went way down but supporters say that was just an example of his greatness. We have a situation where we can argue whichever way we want.

Scoots
01-07-2018, 05:09 PM
Do we need all these Curry threads? Can I just merge them all?

mngopher35
01-07-2018, 05:21 PM

I get all that ... but when people argue for or against a player both arguments can be made depending on the point you are trying to make.

LeBron in the finals in 15 was "alone" and his efficiency went way down but supporters say that was just an example of his greatness. We have a situation where we can argue whichever way we want.

What do you mean haha? He had little help and high volume which crushed his efficiency. His stats that series were bad compared to the next two years against gs.

That's like a perfect example of how it can be used correctly to add context. Yes lebrons stats were different but that context explains why.

I mean some people will always misuse or try and cherry pick stats but it's usually pretty easy to call out/see when misused IMO.

mngopher35
01-07-2018, 05:23 PM
It's funny you use that series/example because I argued for a very long time with many people about how the situation/context played into the stats etc that series and how it wasn't a sign lebron was falling off/curry now best player etc.

lol, please
01-07-2018, 05:29 PM
It's funny you use that series/example because I argued for a very long time with many people about how the situation/context played into the stats etc that series and how it wasn't a sign lebron was falling off/curry now best player etc.But curry is the best player. What has happened since then that would refute that?

And the problem is you can't really quantify how much other players around you affect a minor drop in volume, especially if you want to argue that that drop in volume is involuntary, or cannot be overcome in certain situations.

Scoots
01-07-2018, 05:30 PM
What do you mean haha? He had little help and high volume which crushed his efficiency. His stats that series were bad compared to the next two years against gs.

That's like a perfect example of how it can be used correctly to add context. Yes lebrons stats were different but that context explains why.

I mean some people will always misuse or try and cherry pick stats but it's usually pretty easy to call out/see when misused IMO.

That was my point. We have people arguing both sides of the same argument and using many of the same stats as "evidence". I just find it funny.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2018, 05:34 PM
I think it's funny that we degrade stats when players are on bad teams because they had to do more so of course they have better stats, and we degrade stats on good teams because the teammates help make it easier to get stats. Riiiight. So for a player to be truly great they have to be on a middle of the pack playoff team?That's a fair point and one that was discussed in the raptor forum recently. In this day and age it makes no sense to devalue statistics compiled in generally losing environments as long as the player is efficient and generally is considered to share the ball.

Jamiecballer
01-07-2018, 05:39 PM
And if you are referring to me, btw, my point is not to devalue the statistics. A broad discussion was started about just how good he is. A discussion into how those statistics are accumulated should be fair game. It's not meant as anything more or less than that.

nastynice
01-07-2018, 05:43 PM
(at least I could tell the difference of adding Durant, maybe others couldn't).

He took 23's soul in front of the whole world at the end of game 3. I don't think there's a single person who couldn't tell the difference :cool:

mngopher35
01-07-2018, 06:11 PM
It's funny you use that series/example because I argued for a very long time with many people about how the situation/context played into the stats etc that series and how it wasn't a sign lebron was falling off/curry now best player etc.But curry is the best player. What has happened since then that would refute that?

And the problem is you can't really quantify how much other players around you affect a minor drop in volume, especially if you want to argue that that drop in volume is involuntary, or cannot be overcome in certain situations.

I am sure you believe that but even people I was talking to at that time changed their stance. People were simply overrating a single performance and ignoring context/situation (see:Durant now ).

I think curry was 3/4 this year for many when ranking players. I have covered currys post season issues/struggles before in comparison to even harden/westy. It had more to do with people saying lebron was clearly falling off. Last two finals his numbers look better when the help returned. Go figure.

mngopher35
01-07-2018, 06:12 PM

That was my point. We have people arguing both sides of the same argument and using many of the same stats as "evidence". I just find it funny.

Oh, I find it annoying.

That's why I keep responding to many propping up curry/kd now in the same way and ignoring the same type of context lol.

mngopher35
01-07-2018, 06:14 PM
(at least I could tell the difference of adding Durant, maybe others couldn't).

He took 23's soul in front of the whole world at the end of game 3. I don't think there's a single person who couldn't tell the difference :cool:

And without the goat supporting cast was looking like a scrub every playoff in comparison.

Most can tell it was the situation that boosted him. You already admitted you were wrong after multiple pages of arguing (or trolling, hard to tell). We really gotta do it again?

nastynice
01-07-2018, 06:20 PM
And without the goat supporting cast was looking like a scrub every playoff in comparison.

Most can tell it was the situation that boosted him. You already admitted you were wrong after multiple pages of arguing (or trolling, hard to tell). We really gotta do it again?

Wrong about what? Taking 23ís soul? No, I am definitely not wrong about that.

His contract, yes, very much so. I actually somehow thought he signed a 3 yr when he first came

mngopher35
01-07-2018, 06:30 PM
(null)

Sorry I should have been more clear since it happens a lot with you. Yes that's another example but wasn't as many pages worth before you realized you were wrong.

I am talking about the multiple pages on Durant and lebron ISO. I came in with the stance it was close with arguments both ways while you said it was laughable. You said something along the lines of not understanding the game if I think that. Multiple pages later you took back your stance and agreed after it was so obvious you had nothing to back it up.

That's what I was talking about

nastynice
01-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Sorry I should have been more clear since it happens a lot with you. Yes that's another example but wasn't as many pages worth before you realized you were wrong.

I am talking about the multiple pages on Durant and lebron ISO. I came in with the stance it was close with arguments both ways while you said it was laughable. You said something along the lines of not understanding the game if I think that. Multiple pages later you took back your stance and agreed after it was so obvious you had nothing to back it up.

Oh, kd **** all over lebron iso, I think its pretty clear. Its not a HUGE gap, but it is most certainly a CLEAR one.

I just said I was wrong to call it laughable. We all got diff opinions, lebron's been such a force for so long, I retract the fact that I called it laughable to compare the two.

mngopher35
01-07-2018, 06:38 PM

Oh, kd **** all over lebron iso, I think its pretty clear. Its not a HUGE gap, but it is most certainly a CLEAR one.

I just said I was wrong to call it laughable. We all got diff opinions, lebron's been such a force for so long, I retract the fact that I called it laughable to compare the two.

That's the point, it took so long with almost nothing coming from your end for you to even admit the obvious. Of course it's not laughable. You had to question anyone who disagreed with that's ability to judge the game first though (wait did you just question yourself then?).

You clearly just talk up your team without caring if it's true or not. It's fine but also can't pretend like your opinions are worth much in discussions either then.

nastynice
01-07-2018, 06:45 PM
That's the point, it took so long with almost nothing coming from your end for you to even admit the obvious. Of course it's not laughable. You had to question anyone who disagreed with that's ability to judge the game first though (wait did you just question yourself then?).

You clearly just talk up your team without caring if it's true or not. It's fine but also can't pretend like your opinions are worth much in discussions either then.

No, but it IS true. KD is a clearly better iso player. Heís just too long bro, lebron knows kd can track him and swat his **** with relative ease. At least more ease than lebron has ever experienced in the league

mngopher35
01-07-2018, 06:48 PM
I know your opinions and have already had the full discussion to see you finally change your stance days later after making fun of people who thought it. No thanks

Like I said initially, most can see why and how situation/context play into it. Warriors homers are not included in that "most".

nastynice
01-07-2018, 07:01 PM
I know your opinions and have already had the full discussion to see you finally change your stance days later after making fun of people who thought it. No thanks

Like I said initially, most can see why and how situation/context play into it. Warriors homers are not included in that "most".

yea, the fact that durant is now a warrior gives him a longer wingspan :)

No worry tho, cuz if he leaves he'll become shorter again :) :)

TrueFan420
01-07-2018, 07:49 PM
Do we need all these Curry threads? Can I just merge them all?
Please merge

Saddletramp
01-07-2018, 09:53 PM

Yeah.....you're proving even here that it's not all on Durant being better in 2017. He's not [physically[/i] different so maybe it's his situation that's changed his play?

Ehhh, forget it. You simply don't understand basic concepts and common knowledge so why bother.

lol, please
01-07-2018, 09:54 PM
He took 23's soul in front of the whole world at the end of game 3. I don't think there's a single person who couldn't tell the difference :cool:My sig?

nastynice
01-07-2018, 11:12 PM
Yeah.....you're proving even here that it's not all on Durant being better in 2017. He's not [physically[/i] different so maybe it's his situation that's changed his play?

Ehhh, forget it. You simply don't understand basic concepts and common knowledge so why bother.

Or maybe he's younger and so was always behind on the learning curve, but just as we saw with lebron in miami we now see another young superstar growing up right in front of us. I don't know, maybe. Just maybe.

Or maybe not, maybe its all about the stats. Works for Morey, maybe I'm the one who got it all wrong

nastynice
01-07-2018, 11:17 PM
My sig?

Meant to comment on that earlier. Brings a smile to my face every time :smoking::smoking:

And yes, everyone please refer to lol,please's sig for visual confirmation of my earlier post regarding kd taking 23's soul

FlashBolt
01-07-2018, 11:27 PM
I like how Warriors fans try to tell me how KD plays. I've watched the guy his entire career in OKC. I've never watched more basketball of my own team in that span, ever. The guy was always a great help defender but poor ISO defender. Now, he has help to recover and track shots - which is why blocks are coming at ease for him. He's still physically the same. I would say he's gotten a bit bigger so he can start being a lockdown defender for the Warriors but there is no significant change other than the team constructed. I mean, some of you pretend Draymond Green isn't one of the best defenders in the league who won DPOY last season. Great defensive teams can make anyone look good defensively. Wasn't Klay Thompson, according to Warriors fans, the best 3 & D player in the league? Look at all the talent KD is playing with both offensively and defensively.

Kawhi guards LeBron the best I've ever seen. And this is a prime LeBron where the matchups are equal. Excuse me for not paying attention to a series in which LeBron has to expand so much effort in an uneven matchup to where his gameplay is clearly affected in certain matchups. If LeBron was on the Warriors and you told him, "Just score when you get the ball and play defense", he would be in running for DPOY. Who knew? KD is in a perfect situation where less responsibilities = easier opportunities whereas LeBron has more responsibilities but tougher opportunities.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 12:07 AM
I like how Warriors fans try to tell me how KD plays. I've watched the guy his entire career in OKC. I've never watched more basketball of my own team in that span, ever. The guy was always a great help defender but poor ISO defender. Now, he has help to recover and track shots - which is why blocks are coming at ease for him. He's still physically the same. I would say he's gotten a bit bigger so he can start being a lockdown defender for the Warriors but there is no significant change other than the team constructed. I mean, some of you pretend Draymond Green isn't one of the best defenders in the league who won DPOY last season. Great defensive teams can make anyone look good defensively. Wasn't Klay Thompson, according to Warriors fans, the best 3 & D player in the league? Look at all the talent KD is playing with both offensively and defensively.

Kawhi guards LeBron the best I've ever seen. And this is a prime LeBron where the matchups are equal. Excuse me for not paying attention to a series in which LeBron has to expand so much effort in an uneven matchup to where his gameplay is clearly affected in certain matchups. If LeBron was on the Warriors and you told him, "Just score when you get the ball and play defense", he would be in running for DPOY. Who knew? KD is in a perfect situation where less responsibilities = easier opportunities whereas LeBron has more responsibilities but tougher opportunities.

You're really taking away from kd's defense? The guy has 4-5 block games every few games. He is the Durantula. Durantula protects rims. He does other things too, but he definitely protects rims. Can't take that away from him

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 12:59 AM
Or maybe he's younger and so was always behind on the learning curve, but just as we saw with lebron in miami we now see another young superstar growing up right in front of us. I don't know, maybe. Just maybe.

Or maybe not, maybe its all about the stats. Works for Morey, maybe I'm the one who got it all wrong

He's 29.

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 01:00 AM
You're really taking away from kd's defense? The guy has 4-5 block games every few games. He is the Durantula. Durantula protects rims. He does other things too, but he definitely protects rims. Can't take that away from him

He's doubled his block average since he joined the Warriors.

You keep hurting your own argument.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 01:36 AM
He's 29.

Great, and lebron was 27 (someone check the stat on that real quick, I may be off a year) when he won in Miami, so what?

nastynice
01-08-2018, 01:41 AM
He's doubled his block average since he joined the Warriors.

You keep hurting your own argument.

lol, what??

He doubled his average cuz heís playing savage defense. How is playing next to Draymond gonna let him get more blocks? If everyone around him is so great while heís benefitting shouldnít they all be locking their player down and getting their own blocks?

TrueFan420
01-08-2018, 01:47 AM

He's saying KD was always a great help defender but our teams defensive set up highlights this. And he's not wrong. The thing I was most excited about KD when we signed him was even when we went small we'd still have a 7' player on the court. I didnt realize he was that great as a help defender tho.

Poor ISO defender is far from true. He's not elite at it but that's not a shock... he's 7'. He's simply not quick enough. But he does use his length very well.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 02:22 AM
He's saying KD was always a great help defender but our teams defensive set up highlights this. And he's not wrong. The thing I was most excited about KD when we signed him was even when we went small we'd still have a 7' player on the court. I didnt realize he was that great as a help defender tho.

Poor ISO defender is far from true. He's not elite at it but that's not a shock... he's 7'. He's simply not quick enough. But he does use his length very well.

In general everybodyís gonna benefit from a good system, obviously, but heís constantly making plays. Itís him doing it, heís going and getting that ball, heís just upped his defense. You donít go from having no defensive name to, according to many commentators and analyst, one of the best shot blockers in the league, just because the system around you changed

nastynice
01-08-2018, 02:28 AM
Everybody love stats, look at the stats (I just did, lol) dude is getting 2.3 blocks per game. The guys a legit defender. Thatís certified **** right there

At his defensive peak in okc, what was he known as? I never heard nothing about him defensively, maybe I was sleeping but I donít remember

Cmon, you donít go from that to that just cuz your teammates are better. He just loves being a tree in the paint now with green and bell and them dudes

Heís developing his inner sav. Itís still slowly coming out

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 03:18 AM
In general everybodyís gonna benefit from a good system, obviously, but heís constantly making plays. Itís him doing it, heís going and getting that ball, heís just upped his defense. You donít go from having no defensive name to, according to many commentators and analyst, one of the best shot blockers in the league, just because the system around you changed

Are you ****ing serious?

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 03:23 AM
Great, and lebron was 27 (someone check the stat on that real quick, I may be off a year) when he won in Miami, so what?

Lebron never had a Westbrook in Cleveland during his first run there. Or a Harden. Or an Ibaka, Adams or good coach. I'm not saying Scott Brooks is amazing or Adams is a huge difference maker, but Durant had some great squads in OKC. Lebron had Mike Whatshisface and Mo Williams. Man, you're just......this is just so belligerent.

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 03:27 AM
Do you really think that his block average doubled since he joined the Warriors because he got better at D after being in the league 8 years and not because he just joined a killer defensive squad? Why aren't you banned? You've already admitted that you were trolling gopher and now you're either trolling or you're too incompetent for online discussion.

Please, stop posting. Ban yourself.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 03:33 AM
Are you ****ing serious?

man, just youtube kevin durant defense, first media thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLkHHJO8BoY

Saying its arguable he's the best defender on the team, all these lil shows, I stay watchin random **** like this, lol, trust me its a repetitive theme. Do you really want to make me dig through youtube vids for you? They usually center the **** around his blocking

Even Shannon Sharpe be showing him love, and you know that **** sting cuz he a lebron homer like you

lol :)

*this is my version of stats. I watch what random people say and then pretend I have an opinion

nastynice
01-08-2018, 03:43 AM
Do you really think that his block average doubled since he joined the Warriors because he got better at D after being in the league 8 years and not because he just joined a killer defensive squad? Why aren't you banned? You've already admitted that you were trolling gopher and now you're either trolling or you're too incompetent for online discussion.

Please, stop posting. Ban yourself.

I don't know, I'll be real after looking at that block stat, maybe stats DO tell something. Cuz his highest blocks in a year was 1.3, then last year okc he jumped to 1.6, then gs 2.3, so he's probably learning angles and nuances a bit, also he in golden state now and he know when he play like that we can lock **** down, straight ****in clamps bro, iggy, livingston, klay, green, c'mon now what the hell. Against pels, maybe not, against vast majority of the league, yea, that's a ****in wall right there

mngopher35
01-08-2018, 03:51 AM

Lol this is like you randomly comparing Curry and Lebron as 3 pt shooters again out of no where.

One more try. So your thought is that because you never thought Durant was this good before but now that he is on the Warriors he is this good that it would be crazy to think the situation is what has changed to allow it? It just magically happened out of no where because he simply got this good only after he turned 29(ish) is obviously the logical thought process?

Durant's two best post seasons are 2012 and 2017. Both years he was surrounded by incredible talent of either Westy/Harden/Ibaka or Curry/Klay/Green etc. Durant was better these years because he just happened to grow as a player, decline, then grow as a player again. It has absolutely nothing to do with those years having insane talent around him and his usage below 29. Other years in between it is closer to 32.

These two years also are his most efficient post seasons and happen to be the only 2 he shot over 35% from 3. This has nothing to do with surrounding talent and other playmakers though, he probably just works harder at shooting now and that one year. Samesies for the defense. Curry is both the biggest influence on his teammates in the NBA yet isn't a major reason for Durant's improvement.

I am not saying anything about this system changing him physically, just that it opens up thinks to a huge extent making it very easy on him. It's why he chose to go there in the first place and why people keep trying to explain stats, context, situation and so on when you take this ridiculous stance you keep taking. You are a Warriors fan so you can give him a free pass but people aren't going to overly hype someone taking such an easy path to success then having the obvious success everyone expected due to the situation he put himself in.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 03:56 AM
Lebron never had a Westbrook in Cleveland during his first run there. Or a Harden. Or an Ibaka, Adams or good coach. I'm not saying Scott Brooks is amazing or Adams is a huge difference maker, but Durant had some great squads in OKC. Lebron had Mike Whatshisface and Mo Williams. Man, you're just......this is just so belligerent.

He got drafted to a team that never built around him properly, lebron not being drafted by a legitimately well run team may be the biggest robbery nba fans will encounter, but that's what happened, and that's how the story was written, and like I said its Miami where lebron learned how to win and started to develop that iq and that mentality with wade by his side, and I see BOTH curry and kd developing that right now, except with a clearly better squad around them

And yes, I do see that it took him just ONE ring to literally own the east. No matter what in the regular season, since that first ring you already knew he was coming out the east.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 04:08 AM
Lol this is like you randomly comparing Curry and Lebron as 3 pt shooters again out of no where.

One more try. So your thought is that because you never thought Durant was this good before but now that he is on the Warriors he is this good that it would be crazy to think the situation is what has changed to allow it? It just magically happened out of no where because he simply got this good only after he turned 29(ish) is obviously the logical thought process?

Durant's two best post seasons are 2012 and 2017. Both years he was surrounded by incredible talent of either Westy/Harden/Ibaka or Curry/Klay/Green etc. Durant was better these years because he just happened to grow as a player, decline, then grow as a player again. It has absolutely nothing to do with those years having insane talent around him and his usage below 29. Other years in between it is closer to 32.

These two years also are his most efficient post seasons and happen to be the only 2 he shot over 35% from 3. This has nothing to do with surrounding talent and other playmakers though, he probably just works harder at shooting now and that one year. Samesies for the defense. Curry is both the biggest influence on his teammates in the NBA yet isn't a major reason for Durant's improvement.

I am not saying anything about this system changing him physically, just that it opens up thinks to a huge extent making it very easy on him. It's why he chose to go there in the first place and why people keep trying to explain stats, context, situation and so on when you take this ridiculous stance you keep taking. You are a Warriors fan so you can give him a free pass but people aren't going to overly hype someone taking such an easy path to success then having the obvious success everyone expected due to the situation he put himself in.

haha, bro!! I was comparing the 3 pt shooting cuz I was tryina clown on you for pumping up your stats so much. btw, I learned, I peeped game and broke down his bpg by year, jumping (his last 3 years were 3 of 4 highest of his career) as of late. So yea, I guess he just is getting better, lol. Magically

I don't even know what the hell usage is bro, I honestly mean that, stats are your thing, you win that argument

Curry most definitely has an impact on KD, you don't remember JR literally running out the way to chase klay at 3 in the finals last year, lmao! What Curry doesn't have an impact on is the fact that KD is capable of facing up and defending lebron and even track him to the rim. He can't stop lebron, no one can, but he can clearly bother lebron and good chance of making a play on him.

I know you didn't mean him changing physically, I'm just talking crap. Don't worry about the success yet, obviously kd to golden state only having one ring is a major failure, let's just see what they write. The potential is ****in ridiculous

you guys are too serious man, don't be taking **** too serious. What's the chances the dubs are gonna win EVERY ring with these guys? You'll have your day, haha, don't worry, and I know with how much **** I talk I'm a get it, lol! it may even come quicker than expected. These two squads which recently assembled in the west are both starting to look like what would be title favorites in any year prior to kd to golden state. Meaning, the **** ain't no cake walk this year. Plus kawhai is back in san antonio, and let's be real, if IT stays on track this cleveland squad is clearly better built than last year's. We're obviously stupid stacked and favored, but okc, houston, san antonio, cleveland, c'mon bro, put any other team in there and that's a ****in gauntlet

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 04:26 AM
He got drafted to a team that never built around him properly, lebron not being drafted by a legitimately well run team may be the biggest robbery nba fans will encounter, but that's what happened, and that's how the story was written,

Yes, exactly. BECAUSE CONTEXT MATTERS. He was the same player (after a few years in the league) and would've had better team succes if he had a better team around him. How come the same can't be said about Durant?

and like I said its Miami where lebron learned how to win and started to develop that iq and that mentality with wade by his side, and I see BOTH curry and kd developing that right now, except with a clearly better squad around them

He had the mentality pre-Heat, then had trouble adapting to two other studs when all he ever knew was chumps. When you're the only guy worth a damn and then all of the sudden, you get help? But Durant always had legit guys with him. The diffference is that they're better and there's more of them.

And yes, I do see that it took him just ONE ring to literally own the east. No matter what in the regular season, since that first ring you already knew he was coming out the east.

KD doesn't own **** but a cowardly disposition. The Warriors were the top team for anyone to see for two straight years (******** the bed and stupid mental breaks notwithstanding). He joined the Cream and made it creamier (so to speak) but he doesn't own a thing by himself.

mngopher35
01-08-2018, 04:30 AM
I mean I just can't believe how irrational your takes are to an extent here and that you are being serious almost is why i responded. I still can't tell if you think this stuff or are being extreme to troll a little bit.

Yes but here is the thing, why is he capable of all this now but wasn't before? Physically he hasn't changed a ton. You seem to laugh of the work harder and magical ideas. He's already been in the league and shown years ago his ability at a high level. Then kinda dropped off without extreme talent, then picked it back up again with extreme talent. What could it be that's changed though?

Your answer is your eyes tell you he is better now so he must have improved a lot recently individually or something to take this big edge for ISO (or big improvement for defense or whatever it is). Everyone else's answer is that their eyes, the stats, context/situation all point to it being his move to the Warriors and many even predicted this type of success in all fashions. He was already very good and in a great situation. He moved to arguably the goat situation ever though.

Where you get the ball, how you get the ball, who creates, who defends, who is helping, how much help is there, who are your teammates to pass to, have you had to carry the load all game, are you tired from extended minutes etc. all play into some of these very few situations you talk about. Durant has always been somewhat capable against lebron in ISO and I am sure somewhere people have argued it over the years. It's only this new thing or extremely one sided to you now because you are a Warriors fan ignoring his change in situation and everything mentioned for your eye test (through warrior fan lenses).

I just wanna know if you understand this or like actually disagree with it and still believe what you say your eyes saw.

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 04:30 AM
haha, bro!! I was comparing the 3 pt shooting cuz I was tryina clown on you for pumping up your stats so much. btw, I learned, I peeped game and broke down his bpg by year, jumping (his last 3 years were 3 of 4 highest of his career) as of late. So yea, I guess he just is getting better, lol. Magically

I don't even know what the hell usage is bro, I honestly mean that, stats are your thing, you win that argument

Curry most definitely has an impact on KD, you don't remember JR literally running out the way to chase klay at 3 in the finals last year, lmao! What Curry doesn't have an impact on is the fact that KD is capable of facing up and defending lebron and even track him to the rim. He can't stop lebron, no one can, but he can clearly bother lebron and good chance of making a play on him.

I know you didn't mean him changing physically, I'm just talking crap. Don't worry about the success yet, obviously kd to golden state only having one ring is a major failure, let's just see what they write. The potential is ****in ridiculous

you guys are too serious man, don't be taking **** too serious. What's the chances the dubs are gonna win EVERY ring with these guys? You'll have your day, haha, don't worry, and I know with how much **** I talk I'm a get it, lol! it may even come quicker than expected. These two squads which recently assembled in the west are both starting to look like what would be title favorites in any year prior to kd to golden state. Meaning, the **** ain't no cake walk this year. Plus kawhai is back in san antonio, and let's be real, if IT stays on track this cleveland squad is clearly better built than last year's. We're obviously stupid stacked and favored, but okc, houston, san antonio, cleveland, c'mon bro, put any other team in there and that's a ****in gauntlet

So now he can't stop Lebron but I thought you said KD owned him. Took his soul or whatever ******** you came up with. Damn, pal. Just why even

nastynice
01-08-2018, 04:31 AM
Yes, exactly. BECAUSE CONTEXT MATTERS. He was the same player (after a few years in the league) and would've had better team succes if he had a better team around him. How come the same can't be said about Durant?

He had the mentality pre-Heat, then had trouble adapting to two other studs when all he ever knew was chumps. When you're the only guy worth a damn and then all of the sudden, you get help? But Durant always had legit guys with him. The diffference is that they're better and there's more of them.

KD doesn't own **** but a cowardly disposition. The Warriors were the top team for anyone to see for two straight years (******** the bed and stupid mental breaks notwithstanding). He joined the Cream and made it creamier (so to speak) but he doesn't own a thing by himself.

Well what the hell, who said the same can't be said about durant?? Obviously if he's on a better team he'll have better team success. What are you arguing about?

I know kd don't own a thing by himself, its all about chips, and chips require teams. Altho TECHNICALLY he does kinda own the fmvp by himself, haha

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 04:35 AM
man, just youtube kevin durant defense, first media thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLkHHJO8BoY

Saying its arguable he's the best defender on the team, all these lil shows, I stay watchin random **** like this, lol, trust me its a repetitive theme. Do you really want to make me dig through youtube vids for you? They usually center the **** around his blocking

Even Shannon Sharpe be showing him love, and you know that **** sting cuz he a lebron homer like you

lol :)

Never said he's a bad player in any regard. But he's better at basically everything now that he's on a super stacked team. Just about anybody would be. But you're arguing that it's not because of the team but because he's just playing better since the move. This is insane.

*this is my version of stats. I watch what random people say and then pretend I have an opinion

What the I can't tell if you're joking or if serious. You're just that ****ing out there with everything you've posted that you need to do yourself a favor and seriously just stop posting.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 04:39 AM
I mean I just can't believe how irrational your takes are to an extent here and that you are being serious almost is why i responded. I still can't tell if you think this stuff or are being extreme to troll a little bit.

Yes but here is the thing, why is he capable of all this now but wasn't before? Physically he hasn't changed a ton. You seem to laugh of the work harder and magical ideas. He's already been in the league and shown years ago his ability at a high level. Then kinda dropped off without extreme talent, then picked it back up again with extreme talent. What could it be that's changed though?

Your answer is your eyes tell you he is better now so he must have improved a lot recently individually or something to take this big edge for ISO (or big improvement for defense or whatever it is). Everyone else's answer is that their eyes, the stats, context/situation all point to it being his move to the Warriors and many even predicted this type of success in all fashions. He was already very good and in a great situation. He moved to arguably the goat situation ever though.

Where you get the ball, how you get the ball, who creates, who defends, who is helping, how much help is there, who are your teammates to pass to, have you had to carry the load all game, are you tired from extended minutes etc. all play into some of these very few situations you talk about. Durant has always been somewhat capable against lebron in ISO and I am sure somewhere people have argued it over the years. It's only this new thing or extremely one sided to you now because you are a Warriors fan ignoring his change in situation and everything mentioned for your eye test (through warrior fan lenses).

I just wanna know if you understand this or like actually disagree with it and still believe what you say your eyes saw.

I don't even get it anymore. I never said the move to the warriors didn't help him, but this is where he is, he's on the warriors now, and he is now in a position where he is starting to win that head to head matchup with lebron. Obviously its a team game, but kd is trying to stick him on both ends. What do you want me to do, create a make believe world where kd is on his own team and then theorize whether he would own lebron in that world? I don't even get what the issue is

Durant is in a great situation, but Durant is also clearly himself ascending as a player, him and curry both, and yes its with each others help but what do you want me to do, they play where they play. It is what it is. They each started dictating games and each hitting big shots to kill momentum or to spurt a lead, started dictating the flow, just clearly becoming better players last post season. And this year kerr has been experimenting with all kindsa line ups, and what I'm fully expecting is more progression by both players of turning into that dominant force that just rip it out the other team. We hit the lotto, we got two of them, and they are both starting to climb even further

nastynice
01-08-2018, 04:41 AM
So now he can't stop Lebron but I thought you said KD owned him. Took his soul or whatever ******** you came up with. Damn, pal. Just why even

yes, again, please reference lol please's signature.

That is my stat. The **** all over him stat

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 04:41 AM
Well what the hell, who said the same can't be said about durant?? Obviously if he's on a better team he'll have better team success. What are you arguing about?

I know kd don't own a thing by himself, its all about chips, and chips require teams. Altho TECHNICALLY he does kinda own the fmvp by himself, haha

No no no, Durant was on a stacked team and joined another (even more) stacked team that had already won a title without him. Lebron was on a **** team, took it to the Finals the same amount of times Durant did, and then went to 7 straight (and counting) Finals with two different teams. Lebron's never had a DPOY. Or an MVP. Or a shooter like Klay (Ray Allen wasn't Ray Allen when Lebron got him). Or a Coach of the Year.

Forming > Joining

nastynice
01-08-2018, 04:43 AM
No no no, Durant was on a stacked team and joined another (even more) stacked team that had already won a title without him. Lebron was on a **** team, took it to the Finals the same amount of times Durant did, and then went to 7 straight (and counting) Finals with two different teams. Lebron's never had a DPOY. Or an MVP. Or a shooter like Klay (Ray Allen wasn't Ray Allen when Lebron got him). Or a Coach of the Year.

Forming > Joining

I legit don't even see how this follows the conversation...

nastynice
01-08-2018, 04:48 AM
Never said he's a bad player in any regard. But he's better at basically everything now that he's on a super stacked team. Just about anybody would be. But you're arguing that it's not because of the team but because he's just playing better since the move. This is insane.

What the I can't tell if you're joking or if serious. You're just that ****ing out there with everything you've posted that you need to do yourself a favor and seriously just stop posting.

He has a better team around him, and he is now himself playing better. He is in situations much for favorable for him, and he is now capitalizing and taking advantage of all those situations at, what looks like could develop into, an absurd rate.

don't act like you want me to stop posting. you love my posts

mngopher35
01-08-2018, 04:53 AM

I don't even get it anymore. I never said the move to the warriors didn't help him, but this is where he is, he's on the warriors now, and he is now in a position where he is starting to win that head to head matchup with lebron. Obviously its a team game, but kd is trying to stick him on both ends. What do you want me to do, create a make believe world where kd is on his own team and then theorize whether he would own lebron in that world? I don't even get what the issue is

Durant is in a great situation, but Durant is also clearly himself ascending as a player, him and curry both, and yes its with each others help but what do you want me to do, they play where they play. It is what it is. They each started dictating games and each hitting big shots to kill momentum or to spurt a lead, started dictating the flow, just clearly becoming better players last post season. And this year kerr has been experimenting with all kindsa line ups, and what I'm fully expecting is more progression by both players of turning into that dominant force that just rip it out the other team. We hit the lotto, we got two of them, and they are both starting to climb even further

That's all you have to do is admit the obvious and it explains things. I don't want you to have to do anything except understand everyone else's reasoning. Seems like you have been playing dumb to this fact to prop them up when those reasons were so obvious. We don't have to really guess what would happen when we saw it before this year and everyone is pointing that out and how there's clear large drop offs.

They are improving as players in the sense that they were before the Warriors as they aged/gained experience (like many do). It's not some drastic leap out of nowhere like we have seen or like you make it seem to be. They are improving little by little bit the big/key DIFFERENCE leading to much of this is the incredible situation.

We don't really know to what extent because of the talent on this team I would say to be completely honest. Neither are needed at their highest level, it's probably the 2nd biggest issue I had with the move (huge gap in league being first). I want to see greatness not one team rendering stars almost unneeded on the way to easy titles over far lesser opponents. The team is great but I mean so is the Olympic team. People care about the highest competition and seeing these guys at their best.

I actually think Durant was showing a little improvement on d before the Warriors so I believe he could have expanded on it a little bit and have the perfect situation now too. You are choosing to make it an extreme extent on the individual improvement over situation by choice though to exaggerate and prop them up and ignore what the real major change is. That's what people are pointing out and why you sound so illogical. There is an obvious answer so just admit that's the key reason but explain why you think they also might have improved individually (what changed, how are they better).

Saddletramp
01-08-2018, 04:56 AM
I legit don't even see how this follows the conversation...

Because you were saying that Lebron had better team success when he left Cle so why couldn't the same be for KD. But Lebron would have dynastied with a team as stacked as those Thunder teams (switched with KD, obviously). KD couldn't talk management into keeping Harden? For better or worse, Lebron gets his guys paid. It's actually getting those guys that killed the Cavs team success.

He has a better team around him, and he is now himself playing better. He is in situations much for favorable for him, and he is now capitalizing and taking advantage of all those situations at, what looks like could develop into, an absurd rate.

don't act like you want me to stop posting. you love my posts

Isn't this basically what you've been arguing against over multiple threads? Thanks.

/My part of this conversation.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 05:06 AM
That's all you have to do is admit the obvious and it explains things. I don't want you to have to do anything except understand everyone else's reasoning. Seems like you have been playing dumb to this fact to prop them up when those reasons were so obvious. We don't have to really guess what would happen when we saw it before this year and everyone is pointing that out and how there's clear large drop offs.

They are improving as players in the sense that they were before the Warriors as they aged/gained experience (like many do). It's not some drastic leap out of nowhere like we have seen or like you make it seem to be. They are improving little by little bit the big/key DIFFERENCE leading to much of this is the incredible situation.

We don't really know to what extent because of the talent on this team I would say to be completely honest. Neither are needed at their highest level, it's probably the 2nd biggest issue I had with the move (huge gap in league being first). I want to see greatness not one team rendering stars almost unneeded on the way to easy titles over far lesser opponents. The team is great but I mean so is the Olympic team. People care about the highest competition and seeing these guys at their best.

I actually think Durant was showing a little improvement on d before the Warriors so I believe he could have expanded on it a little bit and have the perfect situation now too. You are choosing to make it an extreme extent on the individual improvement over situation by choice though to exaggerate and prop them up and ignore what the real major change is. That's what people are pointing out and why you sound so illogical. There is an obvious answer so just admit that's the key reason but explain why you think they also might have improved individually (what changed, how are they better).

Reasoning for what? If he is playing better because he has a better team around him, then what the hell difference does it make, he is still playing better isn't he? If that's so then what difference does anything else make? If he is owning lebron head to head, then that's what he's doing.

I'm not ignoring that his team defense around him is better, not once did I deny that (nor did I deny it for offense), but ok, and what? The team defense around him is better, and what's that leading to? Is it leading to him being a better defender? If yes, then what diff does it make? If he's swatting **** out the paint then he's swatting **** out the paint

nastynice
01-08-2018, 05:09 AM
Because you were saying that Lebron had better team success when he left Cle so why couldn't the same be for KD. But Lebron would have dynastied with a team as stacked as those Thunder teams (switched with KD, obviously). KD couldn't talk management into keeping Harden? For better or worse, Lebron gets his guys paid. It's actually getting those guys that killed the Cavs team success.

Isn't this basically what you've been arguing against over multiple threads? Thanks.

/My part of this conversation.

Yea, I know lebron had better team success after leaving cleveland, and yes, the same can also be said for kd. When did I oppose that statement? And yes, you pointed out one of lebron's flaws, and a part of the reason as to why he seems to find himself in bad situations. He is the opposite of curry, lol

No, I never once argued against kd being in a better team situation.

mngopher35
01-08-2018, 05:33 AM
Reasoning for what? If he is playing better because he has a better team around him, then what the hell difference does it make, he is still playing better isn't he? If that's so then what difference does anything else make? If he is owning lebron head to head, then that's what he's doing.

I'm not ignoring that his team defense around him is better, not once did I deny that (nor did I deny it for offense), but ok, and what? The team defense around him is better, and what's that leading to? Is it leading to him being a better defender? If yes, then what diff does it make? If he's swatting **** out the paint then he's swatting **** out the paint

Lol are you serious? Okay I guess we just view things very differently because the context/how it happens matters a ton to me. The context always matters and this is why it sounds so ridiculous when you take this stance.

If someone has to drive down the lane against his man and a help defender or drive down the lane with no one coming at them then who cares how it's happening they are both the same things situation/context doesn't matter its a layup/dunk either way. If someone is creating opportunities for themselves and their teammates at a very high level and another is playing within the flow of the game many times having others create it makes a difference to most people and they won't just ignore things like that.

There are so many factors that have been mentioned a million times but you just want to ignore it because he has had success now in this situation so as a warriors fan you wanna prop it up as amazing improvement. To many its the expected outcome when you ***** out to the level he did setting yourself up with this situation.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 06:08 AM
Lol are you serious? Okay I guess we just view things very differently because the context/how it happens matters a ton to me. The context always matters and this is why it sounds so ridiculous when you take this stance.

If someone has to drive down the lane against his man and a help defender or drive down the lane with no one coming at them then who cares how it's happening they are both the same things situation/context doesn't matter its a layup/dunk either way. If someone is creating opportunities for themselves and their teammates at a very high level and another is playing within the flow of the game many times having others create it makes a difference to most people and they won't just ignore things like that.

There are so many factors that have been mentioned a million times but you just want to ignore it because he has had success now in this situation so as a warriors fan you wanna prop it up as amazing improvement. To many its the expected outcome when you ***** out to the level he did setting yourself up with this situation.

Ok look, everything you are saying I agree with in regards to overall stats, in regards to saying kd averaged this or that, sure, yes, his team and teammate and the situations they put him in will help him be more efficient and post better numbers.

But that doesn't matter, because I'm talking about him and lebron. When they match up, its more in kd's favor on both sides of the court. Yes, kd's team is better, but still, matched up 1 on 1, it's like he's kinda figuring how to play him. Vast majority of the time when lebron see kd on him, he passes it off, outisde the 3 pt line. Like he just don't want none. Is it cuz he has such a massive weight to carry that he's just too fatigued to deal with a fresh kd? who knows, don't know, don't care, doesn't mean kd is owning lebron any less so to me it makes no diff

FlashBolt
01-08-2018, 06:40 AM
Ok look, everything you are saying I agree with in regards to overall stats, in regards to saying kd averaged this or that, sure, yes, his team and teammate and the situations they put him in will help him be more efficient and post better numbers.

But that doesn't matter, because I'm talking about him and lebron. When they match up, its more in kd's favor on both sides of the court. Yes, kd's team is better, but still, matched up 1 on 1, it's like he's kinda figuring how to play him. Vast majority of the time when lebron see kd on him, he passes it off, outisde the 3 pt line. Like he just don't want none. Is it cuz he has such a massive weight to carry that he's just too fatigued to deal with a fresh kd? who knows, don't know, don't care, doesn't mean kd is owning lebron any less so to me it makes no diff

So why does LeBron's team pre-Warriors always kick KD's booty? Even when KD was in OKC, they weren't a much better team than us. We always lost. Why? All of a sudden, KD starts winning when he's on the Warriors? You make terrible arguments that casual fans make. "He don't want none." Yeah, the 15 year pro who has played against just about everyone in the modern NBA is afraid of KD - not the other way around where KD ran to the Warriors? Your argument is just poor. It's based off your opinion and nothing else to back it up. KD's team is vastly superior and that gives the illusion that KD's impact > LeBron. Switch the teams around and we wouldn't be having this "debate."

FlashBolt
01-08-2018, 06:45 AM
Are you ****ing serious?

He doesn't understand what help defense is. I'm curious as to how he explains an improvement in shot blocking. Did KD jump higher? Did he not try to block shots before? Like, seriously, he's been in the league for over a decade. His shotblocking somehow skyrockets the year he gets to the Warriors? The more obvious answer is, KD is roaming around helping out on team defense because he has more leverage to do so when the Warriors play that level of defense, everyone benefits.

Chronz
01-08-2018, 02:19 PM

Nah he sucked at guarding peak Bron, maybe he's gotten stronger AND has insane help.

mngopher35
01-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Nah he sucked at guarding peak Bron, maybe he's gotten stronger AND has insane help.

I mean are you talking like a 23 year old against peak Bron in 12? Ya Lebron was better as an ISO player for sure against young KD. Over the past years though since then KD has been improving defensively (and yes at this age is definitely stronger than back then). This jump is clearly more about the change in scenery than getting massively stronger in one year or something. In general both have been considered strong ISO players for a long time I think.

Maybe I am off base and even in 2016 and later dates etc. Lebron had a massive edge when they went at each other. I am curious if you can back that up and let me see why you believe this or why it is clearly true? To me both have been pretty strong ISO scorers and Durant has slowly been improving on the defensive end (Lebron and many others do throughout mid 20's too).

The reason for the perceived jump last year by someone like Nasty is mostly due to the surrounding though and insane help like you mention (at least to me, I think his defense steadily has improved though).

nastynice
01-08-2018, 04:01 PM
So why does LeBron's team pre-Warriors always kick KD's booty? Even when KD was in OKC, they weren't a much better team than us. We always lost. Why? All of a sudden, KD starts winning when he's on the Warriors? You make terrible arguments that casual fans make. "He don't want none." Yeah, the 15 year pro who has played against just about everyone in the modern NBA is afraid of KD - not the other way around where KD ran to the Warriors? Your argument is just poor. It's based off your opinion and nothing else to back it up. KD's team is vastly superior and that gives the illusion that KD's impact > LeBron. Switch the teams around and we wouldn't be having this "debate."

I never said kd had a bigger impact. I just said that he's starting to own lebron. I never said his team had nothing to do with it. I just said that he's starting to own lebron. I never said he owned him in okc. I said he is now starting to own him. Whatever the reason may be, I'm not saying its true or false, what I'm doing is focusing on the end result, which is kd is repetitively making lebron his ***** when they see each other. It could be due to this or due to that, that's great, makes no diff to me

Its like you guys all thought I said kd is a better overall player and started arguing against that, when that's not what I said, I said kd is now starting to own lebron. I even went out of my way to say that yes, maybe when sitting on their couch at home lebron is the king, but again, when they are on the court together its kd. And that's all that matters to me, and that's the only point I'm making

nastynice
01-08-2018, 04:02 PM
He doesn't understand what help defense is. I'm curious as to how he explains an improvement in shot blocking. Did KD jump higher? Did he not try to block shots before? Like, seriously, he's been in the league for over a decade. His shotblocking somehow skyrockets the year he gets to the Warriors? The more obvious answer is, KD is roaming around helping out on team defense because he has more leverage to do so when the Warriors play that level of defense, everyone benefits.

I don't know bro, why does anyone care that IT is coming back to cleveland. I mean the guy is a nobody, right? Last year in boston it was just his team, cuz as you already mentioned, players don't magically get better. They all reach their ceiling at age 18 apparently. lol.

And the funny thing is, lebron roams way more than kd. He STAYS roaming, he just can't get to the ball the way kd can.

nastynice
01-08-2018, 04:04 PM

Thank you. I don't know about "stronger", but he's clearly performing at a higher level, he's clearly making more an effort to have his defensive game locked in, I don't know how he was in okc but there's in no doubt he loves playing defense in golden state.

lol, please
01-08-2018, 04:51 PM
He got drafted to a team that never built around him properly, lebron not being drafted by a legitimately well run team may be the biggest robbery nba fans will encounter, but that's what happened, and that's how the story was written, and like I said its Miami where lebron learned how to win and started to develop that iq and that mentality with wade by his side, and I see BOTH curry and kd developing that right now, except with a clearly better squad around them

And yes, I do see that it took him just ONE ring to literally own the east. No matter what in the regular season, since that first ring you already knew he was coming out the east.You're all over the place dude, curry isn't just now learning how to win with Durant...he won with Klay and Draymond and Iggy and Livingston, the first title wasn't a fluke. The next season should have been as well. A loss doesnt stunt grow it stimulates it.

Swear you post on PSD drunk AF sometimes

Vee-Rex
01-08-2018, 05:02 PM
You're all over the place dude, curry isn't just now learning how to win with Durant...he won with Klay and Draymond and Iggy and Livingston, the first title wasn't a fluke. The next season should have been as well. A loss doesnt stunt grow it stimulates it.

ouch, a burn from one GS fan to another. Not very nice, but certainly nasty!

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 05:03 PM
^ I got that!

HandsOnTheWheel
01-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Curry's actually a.....woman!

Scoots
01-08-2018, 10:24 PM
With 4:14 remaining in the third quarter he had 43 points on 17 shots while his teammates had 45 on 55. The facts are in ... Curry is over-rated because he's scoring so much on a bad team.

Jamiecballer
01-08-2018, 11:34 PM
With 4:14 remaining in the third quarter he had 43 points on 17 shots while his teammates had 45 on 55. The facts are in ... Curry is over-rated because he's scoring so much on a bad team.sounds like they could use a good floor general [emoji4]

Saddletramp
01-09-2018, 04:21 AM
With 4:14 remaining in the third quarter he had 43 points on 17 shots while his teammates had 45 on 55. The facts are in ... Curry is over-rated because he's scoring so much on a bad team.

Silver lining: He's on my fantasy team. Couldn't pass him up at #7. 😃

nastynice
01-09-2018, 07:07 AM
You're all over the place dude, curry isn't just now learning how to win with Durant...he won with Klay and Draymond and Iggy and Livingston, the first title wasn't a fluke. The next season should have been as well. A loss doesnt stunt grow it stimulates it.

Yea I know he already won, I'm talking about his growth as a player. Last year's playoffs he took a major step forward, played the best ball of his career. The way him and kd would just take turns in the 3rd and 4th taking it from other teams, they learning how to legit dominate the court.

nastynice
01-09-2018, 07:08 AM
ouch, a burn from one GS fan to another. Not very nice, but certainly nasty!

hah, no burn, we all gravy :cheers:

JAZZNC
01-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Yea I know he already won, I'm talking about his growth as a player. Last year's playoffs he took a major step forward, played the best ball of his career. The way him and kd would just take turns in the 3rd and 4th taking it from other teams, they learning how to legit dominate the court.

Dude, you're just not ****ing getting it. KD and Curry taking these steps forward has to be looked at with CONTEXT. They took a huge step forward because of the addition of a ****ing MVP caliber player next to them making things much easier individually for each of them. Stop acting like they suddenly got way better and "figured something out". They just got to play with the most talent ever assembled and are getting better looks and less pressure their way. It's just how it works.

Scoots
01-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Dude, you're just not ****ing getting it. KD and Curry taking these steps forward has to be looked at with CONTEXT. They took a huge step forward because of the addition of a ****ing MVP caliber player next to them making things much easier individually for each of them. Stop acting like they suddenly got way better and "figured something out". They just got to play with the most talent ever assembled and are getting better looks and less pressure their way. It's just how it works.

Just clarify my first thought on reading this ... KD didn't add an MVP player next to him, he swapped one for another (superior in my opinion) one.

nastynice
01-09-2018, 03:11 PM

Actually youíre the one whoís not getting it. I donít need give a flying **** WHY they are ascending, all that matters is that yes, they ARE indeed ascending. It doesnít matter to me that they joined to get better, all that matters to me is that they ARE better. Curry can orchestrate this team to dance circles around any team in the league and kd can take the ball and **** on any player in the league. Thatís all that matters

lol, please
01-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Actually youíre the one whoís not getting it. I donít need give a flying **** WHY they are ascending, all that matters is that yes, they ARE indeed ascending. It doesnít matter to me that they joined to get better, all that matters to me is that they ARE better. Curry can orchestrate this team to dance circles around any team in the league and King Klay can take the ball and **** on any player in the league. Thatís all that matters
ftfy

belikemike23
01-12-2018, 05:02 AM
The Messi of basketball....