PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's World Tour

NetsPaint
12-28-2017, 10:40 PM
It's been quite a while since I heard and saw this interview (my guess either 2009 or 2010 when his first big free agency was heating up, no pun intended), but I still remember something that stuck out to me that I think he said. When being asked about free agency, he said he'd like to play for every team. I think he said it in a "that'd be be neat" kinda way, not in a way that sounded like it was one of his goals. But, do you think at least at the time he meant it if he thought he could?

He's gonna turn 33 in two days, and although he might be playing the best basketball in his career now, if he was to start playing for a bunch of teams, this coming free agency would be the time. Unless he manages to play a few more decades or forces trades a few times in a season or so, he's not gonna do that, however, he could do something interesting. Imagine he wanted to expand his brand and business ventures by signing one year deals with the biggest markets in the league: New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. Imagine he signed with Brooklyn, which he said a while ago that's his favorite borough. He could elevate their status in the NBA by name and obviously they'd be a better team just like any team he'd join. If he joined the Clippers he'd be in LA, but would take on the challenge of making them a championship team which would be enormous.

He could also go a different route and make smaller markets into bigger deals.

Here's a question, what teams would even OFFER him one year deals? I don't know if all teams even care how great a player is, a one year deal might not be worth it for their future.