PDA

View Full Version : Faried offically out of the rotation. Where should he go?

IndyRealist
12-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Kenneth Faried has logged four DNPs since Nov. 20.

After his third season in which he averaged a career-best 13.6 points per game to go along with 8.6 rebounds per game, the Denver Nuggets rewarded big man Kenneth Faried with a $50 million extension. Since then, Faried's numbers have steadily declined to the point where they are this season -- 6.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg in 16 minutes per game. All of those numbers are career lows and, since Nov. 20, he gotten a DNP four times.

In short, Faried is not part of the Nuggets' frontcourt for now and coach Michael Malone didn't pull any punches in explaining why before last night's game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. While the hope was Faried would log some time while injured forward Paul Millsap recovers, that simply hasn't been the case, writes Gina Mizell of The Denver Post:

When asked why Faried has fallen out of the rotation, Malone gave a candid response.

“Our job is to win games, and we’re winning games right now,” Malone said during his pregame media availability. “Last 10 games, we have the third-best (defensive efficiency) in the NBA. We’re one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA.

“Right now, Kenneth is not part of the rotation. Obviously, things change in this business. But why would I play him over Nikola or Trey Lyles with how well they’re playing right now?”

Nikola Jokic is the centerpiece of Denver’s present and future, entering Wednesday averaging 16 points per game and leading the Nuggets in rebounds (10.1 per game) and assists (4.5). Lyles, meanwhile, entered Wednesday averaging 16 points and 5.3 rebounds over his past nine games and ranked fourth in the NBA in 3-point field-goal percentage (45.9). Mason Plumlee has also emerged as a defensive anchor and facilitator in the middle since being inserted into the starting lineup.

warfelg
12-28-2017, 11:55 AM
Washington and Charlotte are two teams that instantly came to my mind.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Bucks are in the market for a big man. But doubt Denver wants Delly's 3 year deal as a salary filler. Telly out for the year and maybe forced into retiring. So his final year on contract next year maybe scratched off. But Bucks need cap space as well next year for Parker. Then following year for Bledsoe, Middleton, Brogdon. So Bucks may just go cheap and trade for McGee or Zaza.

warfelg
12-28-2017, 12:00 PM
Bucks are in the market for a big man. But doubt Denver wants Delly's 3 year deal as a salary filler. Telly out for the year and maybe forced into retiring. So his final year on contract next year maybe scratched off. But Bucks need cap space as well next year for Parker. Then following year for Bledsoe, Middleton, Brogdon. So Bucks may just go cheap and trade for McGee or Zaza.

Are you able to talk anything other than Bucks needing a big man? Just about every post of your I’ve seen revolves around this lately.

Manimal is a decent player who could help a number of other teams. And i don’t think he’s really what Mil needs anyways.

j-bay
12-28-2017, 12:24 PM
Washington and Charlotte are two teams that instantly came to my mind.

Depends on the price. The Wizards are probably going after Cousins this offseason. They need those 1sts to get rid of Mahinmi

Heediot
12-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Lyles looks like a keeper in Denver.

they have a log jam at PF, even more when Milsap returns. Personally, I wonder if they could actually trade Paul?

Faried can be an energy guy off the bench. Cavs would be a nice spot.

Twolves88
12-28-2017, 12:40 PM
Lyles looks like a keeper in Denver.

they have a log jam at PF, even more when Milsap returns. Personally, I wonder if they could actually trade Paul?

Faried can be an energy guy off the bench. Cavs would be a nice spot.

I honestly think he was a bad signing for them. I'm also glad the timberwolves didn't sign him. His contract is ridiculous for a player his age and on the decline. I'm not sure who would take it on....

Lyles right now seems to be the better player and fit. If I was Denver I would of just kept developing my young core....

Heediot
12-28-2017, 12:51 PM
I honestly think he was a bad signing for them. I'm also glad the timberwolves didn't sign him. His contract is ridiculous for a player his age and on the decline. I'm not sure who would take it on....

Lyles right now seems to be the better player and fit. If I was Denver I would of just kept developing my young core....

If they are lucky they flip him to Utah for Favors, Joe Johnson, and Burks. Let the first two expire and hope Burks can regain his early career momentum. Burks could probably help replace Barton when he leaves. Milsap gives them a much needed scorer next to Donovan.

Scoots
12-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Faried has done a lot to convince good teams he's not going to learn to fit in ... his next stop will probably be a bad team desperate for rebounding and energy.

Chronz
12-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Any team that's tanking. He's an outdated prototype unless you're a playmaker to go with it. You know how we value 3 And D, he's the antithesis of that in the pace and space era

Chronz
12-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Ps **** wins produced

IndyRealist
12-28-2017, 01:12 PM
I've been a fan of Faried since I saw him at the combine. Unlimited energy, makes the most of what he has. This is the first year I can say the Pacers don't need him. Sabonis fills the same role except he also has a jumper, and he's much, much cheaper. I'd love to start him, and it would be an improvement, but that would mean demoted one of the co-captains to the bench or trading one away. Thad's been solid this year, and Denver wouldn't want him in return. After years of "Faried would solve our problems", we just don't have room anymore.

Hawkeye15
12-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Any team that's tanking. He's an outdated prototype unless you're a playmaker to go with it. You know how we value 3 And D, he's the antithesis of that in the pace and space era

sounds like a Thib's guy. We should go get him.

IndyRealist
12-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Ps **** wins produced

That's random.

Twolves88
12-28-2017, 01:41 PM
sounds like a Thib's guy. We should go get him.

Wouldn't mind flipping cole Aldrich for him. At least Faried might be usable.

Aldrich + shabazz for faried and a second rounder

I think its fair for both sides.

Lakers + Giants
12-28-2017, 03:14 PM
Watch us trade them randle for him.:facepalm:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-28-2017, 05:18 PM
Are you able to talk anything other than Bucks needing a big man? Just about every post of your I’ve seen revolves around this lately.

Manimal is a decent player who could help a number of other teams. And i don’t think he’s really what Mil needs anyways.

Well the Bucks trade the most in the league. Also we been linked to looking for a big man for a while now. Why not talk about it? If it wasn't me suggesting it, a outsider would of suggested us.

kobe4thewinbang
12-28-2017, 06:11 PM
Kenneth Faried has logged four DNPs since Nov. 20.

After his third season in which he averaged a career-best 13.6 points per game to go along with 8.6 rebounds per game, the Denver Nuggets rewarded big man Kenneth Faried with a $50 million extension. Since then, Faried's numbers have steadily declined to the point where they are this season -- 6.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg in 16 minutes per game. All of those numbers are career lows and, since Nov. 20, he gotten a DNP four times.

In short, Faried is not part of the Nuggets' frontcourt for now and coach Michael Malone didn't pull any punches in explaining why before last night's game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. While the hope was Faried would log some time while injured forward Paul Millsap recovers, that simply hasn't been the case, writes Gina Mizell of The Denver Post:

When asked why Faried has fallen out of the rotation, Malone gave a candid response.

“Our job is to win games, and we’re winning games right now,” Malone said during his pregame media availability. “Last 10 games, we have the third-best (defensive efficiency) in the NBA. We’re one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA.

“Right now, Kenneth is not part of the rotation. Obviously, things change in this business. But why would I play him over Nikola or Trey Lyles with how well they’re playing right now?”

Nikola Jokic is the centerpiece of Denver’s present and future, entering Wednesday averaging 16 points per game and leading the Nuggets in rebounds (10.1 per game) and assists (4.5). Lyles, meanwhile, entered Wednesday averaging 16 points and 5.3 rebounds over his past nine games and ranked fourth in the NBA in 3-point field-goal percentage (45.9). Mason Plumlee has also emerged as a defensive anchor and facilitator in the middle since being inserted into the starting lineup.Lakers should revisit Randle for Faried talks. Randle would help them out if Milsap gets hurt again. Give them Zubac too since Walton hates him.

tp13baby
12-28-2017, 10:33 PM

I questioned the signing after a few games but Paul started to put things together with Jokic. Our defense is much better with him. Offensively he is the closest thing to an alpha dog.

Contract is essentially a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option so it’s not bad.

Faried offers no defense and Lyles is outstanding.

Get a future first from the deal that’s heavily protected.

Heediot
12-29-2017, 12:24 PM
I questioned the signing after a few games but Paul started to put things together with Jokic. Our defense is much better with him. Offensively he is the closest thing to an alpha dog.

Contract is essentially a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option so it’s not bad.

Faried offers no defense and Lyles is outstanding.

Get a future first from the deal that’s heavily protected.

Is the 3rd year a team or player option?

mrblisterdundee
12-29-2017, 01:58 PM
He'll be a decent-sized expiring contract next year. That's about the nicest thing you can say about him.

tp13baby
12-29-2017, 02:13 PM
Is the 3rd year a team or player option?

Team option.

rhino17
12-29-2017, 02:53 PM
He needs to be willing to accept a new role. His style of play is outdated for his position. He needs to be a backup 5 in a limited role. Pick and Roles off the bench for 15+ minutes a game. Otherwise he doesnt bring a lot to the table (can't shoot and can't defend).

WeBallin
12-29-2017, 04:19 PM
Pistons Fan here, We'll give up Jon Luer , an pocket of change for Faried

Chronz
12-29-2017, 06:50 PM
That's random.

I've known you've liked both while I've slammed both for awhile. It's the only connection I could make. His energy has been depleted, that play style has like the shortest shelf span man

IndyRealist
12-29-2017, 11:42 PM
I've known you've liked both while I've slammed both for awhile. It's the only connection I could make. His energy has been depleted, that play style has like the shortest shelf span man

I mean, I also like ham sandwiches.

tp13baby
12-30-2017, 12:38 PM

I hate Faried but this is so false. The only nights Faried plays is when we lack energy because he works his *** off and hustles more than anyone on the floor. It’s his defense and missing layups that doesn’t give him minutes not his energy

Chronz
12-30-2017, 01:18 PM
I mean, I also like ham sandwiches.

Well when sammiches overrate Faried, I'll trash them too

Chronz
12-30-2017, 01:19 PM
I hate Faried but this is so false. The only nights Faried plays is when we lack energy because he works his *** off and hustles more than anyone on the floor. It’s his defense and missing layups that doesn’t give him minutes not his energy

It's not the same, nor will it last much longer. I stand by that opinion

tp13baby
12-30-2017, 03:11 PM
It's not the same, nor will it last much longer. I stand by that opinion

And that’s fine, but watching 75 games a year since Melo I can tell you his energy hasn’t changed. He is the hardest worker on the floor like he used to be. He thrived in a run and gone system. We don’t do that.

I would love for you to find a Nuggetsfan that believes he doesn’t work the hardest when he touches the floor.

Chronz
12-30-2017, 05:24 PM
And that’s fine, but watching 75 games a year since Melo I can tell you his energy hasn’t changed. He is the hardest worker on the floor like he used to be. He thrived in a run and gone system. We don’t do that.

I would love for you to find a Nuggetsfan that believes he doesn’t work the hardest when he touches the floor.

Fine, I'll concede but the end is coming soon, lest you tell me players who kept that hustle and motor as well as they did the rest of their games.

JasonJohnHorn
12-30-2017, 06:43 PM
They should have traded him in the offseason after aquiring Milsap.His value, though not high, would have been higher then. Now, they essentially have a guy who their own coach is saying isn't good enough to make the rotation on a potential lotteyr team.

With how well he's played for Denver in the past, I feel like the team should have tried moving him to a contender. He helped them push into the playoffs as a rookie and inhis second season, and stuck with the team during a rebuild. I seem to recall a little tension about the contract (and I'm sure Denver fans would be able to speak better to this) but he's always seemed to put out an honest effort, even when he fell out of the starting line-up last season.

The dude's in his prime. He shouldn't be going to waste like this. He has the ability to make a significant contribtuion as a key rotation player on a good team. I respect Malone's decision with respect to who he is playing (though he could have been a little more reconcilitory/complimentary in his response to the question assuming that is the full context), but the organization needs to move him.

tp13baby
12-30-2017, 08:51 PM
They should have traded him in the offseason after aquiring Milsap.His value, though not high, would have been higher then. Now, they essentially have a guy who their own coach is saying isn't good enough to make the rotation on a potential lotteyr team.

With how well he's played for Denver in the past, I feel like the team should have tried moving him to a contender. He helped them push into the playoffs as a rookie and inhis second season, and stuck with the team during a rebuild. I seem to recall a little tension about the contract (and I'm sure Denver fans would be able to speak better to this) but he's always seemed to put out an honest effort, even when he fell out of the starting line-up last season.

The dude's in his prime. He shouldn't be going to waste like this. He has the ability to make a significant contribtuion as a key rotation player on a good team. I respect Malone's decision with respect to who he is playing (though he could have been a little more reconcilitory/complimentary in his response to the question assuming that is the full context), but the organization needs to move him.

His contract is valuable. He hasn’t really improved. Never really developed a shot, his defense is well below average. He is just going to get every board, offensive or defensive. I look at a ton of benches on playoff teams and he can fit. He is far from terrible and the type of guy that can give you a 20 and 10 night here and there off the bench.

My issue with Faried was never his play. I loved what he brought to the run and gun Nuggets. He is fearless, he fights every possession. Ty Lawson rubbed off his reality tv lifestyle off on him

tp13baby
12-30-2017, 08:53 PM
Fine, I'll concede but the end is coming soon, lest you tell me players who kept that hustle and motor as well as they did the rest of their games.

I agree with this. His game doesn’t age well.

Scoots
12-30-2017, 11:36 PM
His game has major flaws that he seems to never have addressed. It's a shame.

Tg11
01-01-2018, 05:20 PM
Dallas or Chicago should go after Faried

Legitimate
01-03-2018, 06:22 AM
meh i always felt like raptors should of traded him for cheap in the past because we needed what he brought to the table but then we drafted a more cheaper more younger version of him in pascal siakam lol.

IndyRealist
01-03-2018, 09:29 AM
meh i always felt like raptors should of traded him for cheap in the past because we needed what he brought to the table but then we drafted a more cheaper more younger version of him in pascal siakam lol.

That's essentially where I am with Faried as well. While he's a valuable player, Denver held onto him so long everyone just found somebody else to fill that role.

Is his marginal value better than Domantas Sabonis? Very likely. Is it worth $10M difference in salary for a non contender? Nope.

Chronz
01-03-2018, 11:43 AM
That's essentially where I am with Faried as well. While he's a valuable player, Denver held onto him so long everyone just found somebody else to fill that role.

Is his marginal value better than Domantas Sabonis? Very likely. Is it worth $10M difference in salary for a non contender? Nope.

True, even my Clips got some backup bigs.

I would love to see him in NY tho

Scoots
01-03-2018, 12:05 PM

There is still hope for growth with Sabonis, not so much with Faried.