PDA

View Full Version : 2018 NBA Draft

Tg11
12-26-2017, 10:57 AM
Seeing that the draft is going to come up in June 2018 and I mean looking at the potential draft class for this upcoming draft I have to say that it isn't looking as promising. Maybe there are like a few players where I can say that they have potential to be stars in this league but then the rest of the draft class isn't looking so good. However, who knows what could happen between now and June?

Heediot
12-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Doncic-Ayton-Bagley-Porter are all legit pieces to build around. Bamba has sky high ceiling, at worse a defensive beast and Capela offensively type.

One of the better top 5 in recent memory, not too sure about the rest of the lottery/draft.

TheDish87
12-27-2017, 09:43 AM
this draft looks strong in the top 10 which more than most drafts can say.

Tg11
01-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Doncic-Ayton-Bagley-Porter are all legit pieces to build around. Bamba has sky high ceiling, at worse a defensive beast and Capela offensively type.

One of the better top 5 in recent memory, not too sure about the rest of the lottery/draft.

I say Bagley, Porter and Doncic will be studs in this league should they declare their eligibility for 2018. Ayton I have a feeling that he will be a bust.

WiseGuy24
01-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Trae Young and Bagley are special talents.

Tg11
01-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Trae Young and Bagley are special talents.

That I have no doubt and as for who ends up with the #1 pick in the draft it is obvious that either the Atlanta Hawks, Mavs or Bulls will end up with that #1 pick

Bostonjorge
01-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Porter has been out and is out for the his freshman season. Maybe Bagley becomes the #1 pick now.

Maybe more high school students graduate early and take the Bagley route.

Scoots
01-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Being a Warriors fan I'm always looking for players I think will be in the draft from 20 down. It's both sad and good when a player I liked for the Warriors moves way up the draft but it makes it hard to make any kind of predictions or projections.

The Warriors draft targets are generally between 6'6" and 6'9", are smart, work hard, defend, and can pass. The Warriors don't mind players who have been in college for more than 1 year.

I think they need to develop shooting and point guard skills so I'm going to include some guys shorter than 6'6"

Later picks I like for the Warriors:
Jacob Evans Cincinnati
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Kansas
Khyri Thomas Creighton
Josh Okogie Georgia Tech

UDFA:
Tyler Hall Montana State
Markis McDuffie Wichita State
Nickeil Alexander-Walker Viginia Tech
Landry Shamet Wichita State

Heediot
01-02-2018, 08:08 AM
Trae Young sounds intriguing. I never seen the guy play actually, but his numbers are gaudy for a freshmen. The amount of Pts and assists for a freshman college player is ridiculous probably historical but I'm no avid follower of the ncaa (although i like the true zone rules better vs. the nba, and defense is much more intense and focused). It appears Trae can shoot the lights out.

I don't think Ayton busts, His combination of Size/Athleticism/Skill is the best of the bunch. Needs more work in the post, but his jumper is already developed for a guy his age and he can jump out of the gym. He has a little bit of Simmons in him where he coasted in HS because he was bored and not challenged, but I think he'll turn it around for sure once he hits the pros.

Jeffy25
01-03-2018, 03:34 AM
The Lakers pick is of particular interest. That could really affect the East for several years potentially.

tp13baby
01-03-2018, 04:50 AM
Mikal Bridges will be a guy you get around the 12th pick that will be an all star for multiple years.

Scoots
01-03-2018, 08:52 AM
Mikal Bridges will be a guy you get around the 12th pick that will be an all star for multiple years.

He was on my pre-season list as a sleeper ... dude blew up.

More-Than-Most
01-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Its the best draft ever.... there are 20 guys that are sure fire hall of famers and not a cant miss prospect in this draft....

This is becoming the trend right?

Scoots
01-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Its the best draft ever.... there are 20 guys that are sure fire hall of famers and not a cant miss prospect in this draft....

No. Every draft has players with promise. Last year was a major aberration in that it was that deep.

Heediot
01-04-2018, 10:39 AM

Last years draft was loaded due to depth, this year is better at the top 5-6.

Tg11
01-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Who knows if this draft class will deliver but some will turn out to be real studs but some may even turn out to be busts however time will tell

Trae Young I am really intrigued by

TheDish87
01-05-2018, 01:25 PM
well thats every single draft of all time lol

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Sure wished my Bucks took that Lakers pick and left Philly out of the Knight trade with the Suns.

TheDish87
01-05-2018, 05:33 PM
highway robbery for us in that deal