PDA

View Full Version : Which teams should play on Christmas in your opinion?

Tg11
12-26-2017, 10:49 AM
As far as teams who in my opinion anyway who should play on Christmas but don't get that love from the NBA:

Teams like the Raptors for example...the Raptors they haven't played a Christmas Day game since 2001 since Carter and that is a very long time I think the Raptors are long past due for a Christmas Day game

Other teams like the Magic, Suns, Bucks, Pistons

At least with the Bucks they actually have a marquee guy that being Giannis but look at the rest of their line-up and you're telling me that they don't deserve a Christmas Day game?

Or how about the Pelicans? AD and Cousins 2 marquee guys and they are left off of the Christmas marquee

Vinylman
12-26-2017, 10:53 AM
don't quit your day job

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-26-2017, 11:29 AM
Giannis, Bledsoe, Middleton been scoring like 74+ a game combined. Then Parker back in February which is good for another 20ppg. Best my boys got the holidays off to enjoy them selves with family.

TrueFan420
12-26-2017, 04:58 PM
There should only be 1 game and it should be the finals rematch. Everyone else should get to spend Christmas with their family.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-26-2017, 05:10 PM
True that^^^^.

aman_13
12-26-2017, 05:10 PM
You made a thread on this already.

lol, please
12-26-2017, 05:21 PM
As far as teams who in my opinion anyway who should play on Christmas but don't get that love from the NBA:

Teams like the Raptors for example...the Raptors they haven't played a Christmas Day game since 2001 since Carter and that is a very long time I think the Raptors are long past due for a Christmas Day game

Other teams like the Magic, Suns, Bucks, Pistons

At least with the Bucks they actually have a marquee guy that being Giannis but look at the rest of their line-up and you're telling me that they don't deserve a Christmas Day game?

Or how about the Pelicans? AD and Cousins 2 marquee guys and they are left off of the Christmas marqueeRaptors, Kicks, Lakers, Celtics, Warriors, Rockets.

Teams so storied and popular that it doesnt matter if they are bottom feeders or contenders we want to see them

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

krazylegz
12-26-2017, 05:46 PM
the christmas game should be played on a dirt court and uniforms should be robes/cloaks similar to what the 3 wise men donned...the only audience in attendance should be goats and sheep....

warfelg
12-26-2017, 05:49 PM
15 games over 24 hours.

SfgiantsJD3
12-26-2017, 06:33 PM
previous year conference finals teams first, finals teams, then others

warfelg
12-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Here's what I always think we'll see:

Finals rematch
A New York City game
A Los Angeles game

Then:
Eastern Conference game of teams that had heated matchups
Western Conference game of teams that had heated matchups or compelling storylines

That's what we've gotten every year and it's worked. I don't see a reason to change it other than not being stuck on NYC and LA being there but they are the 2 biggest media markets. And they try to make it so they go time zone by time zone as the day progresses.

nastynice
12-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Here's what I always think we'll see:

Finals rematch
A New York City game
A Los Angeles game

Then:
Eastern Conference game of teams that had heated matchups
Western Conference game of teams that had heated matchups or compelling storylines

That's what we've gotten every year and it's worked. I don't see a reason to change it other than not being stuck on NYC and LA being there but they are the 2 biggest media markets. And they try to make it so they go time zone by time zone as the day progresses.

this

mostly should be based off previous play offs

Giannis94
12-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Honestly, just have the finals winners play a best of 3 game at noon, 4, 8 and have 4 minute quarters.

tredigs
12-27-2017, 12:53 PM
There should only be 1 game and it should be the finals rematch. Everyone else should get to spend Christmas with their family.
****, if anything the Finals teams should be the ones awarded Christmas off. Granted it's an early game and they didn't have a game the day before or after. But yeah for me Christmas games are worthless. I was able to see part of the Warriors game and none of the rest.

FlashBolt
12-27-2017, 01:35 PM
Finals Rematch
NY vs LAL (home games are split year over year)
up-and-coming exciting young teams vs each other
1x Rivalry team or competitive contenders (OKC vs HOU)
1x best "Return" game. In this case, should be Boston vs UTAH

hugepatsfan
12-27-2017, 03:10 PM
Just give us a full slate of interesting matchups, like they currently do. It doesn't need to be a set in stone formula.

Vee-Rex
12-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Raps shouldn't keep getting snubbed on Christmas day. I'd be annoyed too if I were them.

FlashBolt
12-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Just give us a full slate of interesting matchups, like they currently do. It doesn't need to be a set in stone formula.

The issue is they set it before knowing injuries/which teams will suck, etc., so there most likely is a formula but it just doesn't go accordingly at times.

TrueFan420
12-28-2017, 01:19 AM
****, if anything the Finals teams should be the ones awarded Christmas off. Granted it's an early game and they didn't have a game the day before or after. But yeah for me Christmas games are worthless. I was able to see part of the Warriors game and none of the rest.

I mean no one should play but let's be real there's way too much money to be made for that to happen.

prodigy
12-28-2017, 02:31 PM
The Lions

Cal827
12-29-2017, 01:36 AM
I would have had:

Cavs at Warriors (Finals Rematch)

Wizard at Celtics (They got this one right, a rematch of an intense playoff series)

Bucks at Raptors (Rematch of a first round series that has a budding superstar vs a team that used to be in their position)

Minnesota at New York (KAT vs Porzingis... MSG Gets a game)

OKC at Lakers (Players on one team that might ****tease the Lakers in the off-season)

Matter of fact, Lebron and the Cavs should have been rested and eaten so right after OKC-Lakers....

Cavs at Lakers... It's not that far to travel :laugh2:

You get 6 games:

All in Large Markets, 3 in Los Angeles, one for all of Canada, and one for Boston and New York :D

Might swap the starting times between the Wiz-Celtics and the Raps-Bucks depending on when it all starts

Stunner
12-29-2017, 02:37 AM
Put the bulls BYKE

Kyben36
12-29-2017, 03:41 AM
i know alot of people were upset that nike did not do seasonal jersey like the previous manufacturer did in the past. to me that was always part of the fun is seeing red and green jerseys or whatever else they did.

must say though marque games should be played. the Thunder Raptors and cavs Warios were ok but none of the other games had any interest to them whatsoever. but half of that is the nba is so uncompetitive now with only maybe 5-8 teams really worth watching. those being the Cavs Boston GS Rockets Spurs Thunder and Timberwolves. i intentionally excluded 76ers because untill they are healthy they cant stay consistant.

Tg11
01-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Mine would look like this for a future schedule:

12 pm- Toronto Raptors vs New York Knicks (Madison Square Garden game)
3 pm- Finals Rematch (depending on who ends up in the finals)
5:30 pm- Boston Celtics vs Utah Jazz (Gordon Hayward's return to Utah)
8:00 pm- San Antonio Spurs vs Houston Rockets
10:30 pm- Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers (Staples Center game)