PDA

View Full Version : 12/23 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
12-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Saturday December 23rd, 2017

http://i66.tinypic.com/30vyde1.png

Tg11
12-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Games I care the most about especially tonight are seeing my Celtics go up against the Bulls, Thunder/Jazz, 76ers/Raptors and Trailblazers/Lakers.

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2017, 07:04 PM
If we play the game we've been playing we should win easily. Lets get it.

Tg11
12-23-2017, 07:28 PM
Lakers with their young core have been impressing as of late especially Kuzma and Ball who are becoming studs well more Kuzma than Ball but Ball is starting to get more aggressive

NFLAccess
12-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Football is my primary sport followed by baseball then basketball so I'll try tune into some of these games tonight when I have a break with these 2 NFL games

Tg11
12-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Raptors have been on a winning streak as of late but can they beat Embiid and company tonight? I don't know if they can unless DeRozan goes off on the 76ers again

zn23
12-23-2017, 08:22 PM
The Raps own the Sixers. They match up with them so well.

Tg11
12-23-2017, 08:36 PM
Raptors win yet again...Raptors are 23-8 after beating the Sixers in a back to back but are this Raptors team for real? I still have my doubts about that as far as being able to compete with the Cavs or the Celtics

Giannis94
12-23-2017, 08:39 PM
I feel like the 76ers have been in a tailspin since MTM called Embi a "God". Would use the search function to check but I assume it's still not working and on mobile

aman_13
12-23-2017, 08:43 PM
Raptors win yet again...Raptors are 23-8 after beating the Sixers in a back to back but are this Raptors team for real? I still have my doubts about that as far as being able to compete with the Cavs or the Celtics

Give it up man. The Celtics are not at the Cavs level.

Giannis94
12-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Bucks doing well without their top 2 players

More-Than-Most
12-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Bucks doing well without their top 2 players

dont they usually play well without giannis???? Not like the 76ers whom are 1-8 without the god.

lol, please
12-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Raptors win yet again...Raptors are 23-8 after beating the Sixers in a back to back but are this Raptors team for real? I still have my doubts about that as far as being able to compete with the Cavs or the CelticsThis Raptors team is for real and will face the Warriors in the finals.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

lol, please
12-23-2017, 09:55 PM
Like how McCaw went to the basket there

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 09:56 PM
dont they usually play well without giannis???? Not like the 76ers whom are 1-8 without the god.
Sixers are losing games due to a lack of interior presence. Embiid is their only true center. They are playing guys who are way too undersized at the C position. It has more to do with bad team makeup than Embiid alone. Second, you guys are very close in some of these games. You're losing by 2-8 points in those 8 games. Not bad for a team without their best player.

lol, please
12-23-2017, 10:03 PM
Like that move by Swaggy P, shame it was short.

lol, please
12-23-2017, 10:17 PM
Durant and Klay both cold....but it's early.

Will we see another "NO CURRY, NO PROBLEM" post from MTM?

[emoji848]

More-Than-Most
12-23-2017, 10:24 PM
Durant and Klay both cold....but it's early.

Will we see another "NO CURRY, NO PROBLEM" post from MTM?

[emoji848]

You guys will win by 15. Curry is a product of this team. Great player but he does more with more where is guys like lebron and durant do much more with less because they are better all around players by a ton.

tp13baby
12-23-2017, 11:22 PM
You guys will win by 15. Curry is a product of this team. Great player but he does more with more where is guys like lebron and durant do much more with less because they are better all around players by a ton.

Gary Harris is smothering Klay. Durant is being held in check. Curry is the mismatch for Denver with him they are really scary.....

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 11:25 PM
Warriors are fatigue from last night's game. Not a huge deal. But you would think most teams would drop considerably from the NBA standings if their best player was out but lo-and-behold, Warriors have the best record in the NBA right now. Kinda hilarious when you consider how unfair KD has made it.

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 11:28 PM
Gary Harris is smothering Klay. Durant is being held in check. Curry is the mismatch for Denver with him they are really scary.....

Well, Curry might be the mismatch in regular season but in the playoffs, where Curry has supremely underperformed, KD has been their best player. The fact Warriors were WILLING to let KD take over and have Curry as a complimentary piece to KD in the playoffs just showed that they knew KD was the better option. Also, can you name any other NBA team where if the best player sat out for 10 games, they would go on a 10-0 winning streak?

Chewbacca
12-23-2017, 11:36 PM
Well, Curry might be the mismatch in regular season but in the playoffs, where Curry has supremely underperformed, KD has been their best player. The fact Warriors were WILLING to let KD take over and have Curry as a complimentary piece to KD in the playoffs just showed that they knew KD was the better option. Also, can you name any other NBA team where if the best player sat out for 10 games, they would go on a 10-0 winning streak?

KD is their best player. I completely agree with everything else though.

TrueFan420
12-23-2017, 11:44 PM
Well that sucked. Hope they don't bring that weak ish on Christmas

tp13baby
12-24-2017, 12:00 AM
Warriors are fatigue from last night's game. Not a huge deal. But you would think most teams would drop considerably from the NBA standings if their best player was out but lo-and-behold, Warriors have the best record in the NBA right now. Kinda hilarious when you consider how unfair KD has made it.

Well itís never a big deal with GS. But Denver was on a back to back as well. They played OKC well on the road just pissed that game away and without Gary Harris against Minny pissed a 13 point lead going into the 4th. Denver is playing better thatís all I care about

More-Than-Most
12-24-2017, 12:07 AM
Holy ****... the warriors lost.... Color me shocked.

lol, please
12-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Kerr just gave the Raptors respect. My life is complete.

:faint:

Lakers + Giants
12-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Shabazz Napier having the game of his life. Hitting some BS *** shots.

kdspurman
12-24-2017, 12:46 AM
Pau Gasol with a triple double tonight 0_o

GodsSon
12-24-2017, 12:59 AM
Kerr just gave the Raptors respect. My life is complete.

:faint:

We have the least amount of losses in the Eastern conference with 8.

We're going for that #1 spot!

DanG
12-24-2017, 01:28 AM
Remember Pistons fans telling us we'd love KCP. Honestly this guy with Brook Lopez has been the most frustrating to watch. Low basketball IQ, stupid shots, out of control, and this guy turned down 5yrs/80M. He plays good defense, but that's about it. Definitely a one year rental.

ewing
12-24-2017, 01:56 AM
Remember Pistons fans telling us we'd love KCP. Honestly this guy with Brook Lopez has been the most frustrating to watch. Low basketball IQ, stupid shots, out of control, and this guy turned down 5yrs/80M. He plays good defense, but that's about it. Definitely a one year rental.

Then he will be on good team that just needs a guy to play great d and hit the occasion j.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
12-24-2017, 12:26 PM
Holy ****... the warriors lost.... Color me shocked.

They finally played a team slightly over .500 that wasnt in a major slump. They have looked like **** for over a week. As a person who actually follows the team, trust me, it's not surprising.

Giannis94
12-24-2017, 12:39 PM
They finally played a team slightly over .500 that wasnt in a major slump. They have looked like **** for over a week. As a person who actually follows the team, trust me, it's not surprising.

See MTM- good, well rounded teams can win without their best player playing. The fact they this was their first loss in a while further makes that point.

tredigs
12-24-2017, 12:40 PM

:laugh: :laugh: oh children you are so ignorant and cute. Literally no part of this comment rings true to people who follow the team.

tredigs
12-24-2017, 01:03 PM
See MTM- good, well rounded teams can win without their best player playing. The fact they this was their first loss in a while further makes that point.

The Warriors are clearly "OP" and we can't really expect the Sixers to win a ton without Embiid, but the fact that they lose almost every game without a guy who will probably miss >30% of every season (if they are lucky) is a concern for them.

The Warriors have been playing a super easy schedule and have gone 6-1 with Curry out, but their offense has fallen off a cliff compared to where they are with him in. The fact that they only put up 81 points at home against a Nuggets squad (on a road b2b that should have been a schedule loss for them) that runs a pretty quick pace and does not have a good D is CRAZY. It's the worst our offense has performed in at least half a decade. And KD has not been that great without Curry so far unfortunately. 45% from the field and 33% from 3 in the stretch. Down to 38% from the field and 26% from 3 in the last four games. Credit to him for closing that Lakers game in OT after struggling all night though. He is clutch for sure.

LaVar Ball
12-24-2017, 03:10 PM

It's because they're missing their best player who makes others look better too. The true heart and soul of that team. The energy and toughness that is Stephen Curry.

Kevin Durant is a talented score, makes high IQ players, but is still a little *****.

lol, please
12-24-2017, 06:45 PM
It's because they're missing their best player who makes others look better too. The true heart and soul of that team. The energy and toughness that is Stephen Curry.

Kevin Durant is a talented score, makes high IQ players, but is still a little *****.Durant is a leader