PDA

View Full Version : 12/22 NBA Game Thread

kdspurman
12-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Friday December 22, 2017

http://i68.tinypic.com/348h6dx.jpg

lol, please
12-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Lakers vs Lakers North is the game today.

Trail Blazers and Iggy-less Nuggets is a great game on paper but meh, not a game I'll go out of my way to watch.

When do the Rockets play the Raptors? I need to find that out.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 08:03 PM
Lakers vs Lakers North is the game today.

Trail Blazers and Iggy-less Nuggets is a great game on paper but meh, not a game I'll go out of my way to watch.

When do the Rockets play the Raptors? I need to find that out.

Bad post. Disagreed.

BDawk20Fan
12-22-2017, 08:35 PM
Hoping for a better start for the rockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
12-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Lakers last 4: Warriors, @Cavs, @Rockets, @Warriors :laugh: Poor bastards. Playing great through it though.

Scoots
12-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Bad post. Disagreed.

Great post. Well said. A+ :nod:

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 09:19 PM
Woah, crazy stat. Rockets with CP3 puts up the greatest offensive rating for an NBA team. Did some random googling and CP3 has the highest offensive rating. He's truly underrated in many aspects.

BDawk20Fan
12-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Woah, crazy stat. Rockets with CP3 puts up the greatest offensive rating for an NBA team. Did some random googling and CP3 has the highest offensive rating. He's truly underrated in many aspects.

he makes a great difference when he's on the court.

BDawk20Fan
12-22-2017, 09:40 PM
20 first quarter points for Harden no big deal

ewing
12-22-2017, 09:50 PM

people know he is good

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 10:14 PM
James Harden MVP come on now

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Ok I'll stop my man crush over Harden after this stat but he has 4 30 point first half games this year.

tredigs
12-22-2017, 10:23 PM
Nets inch closer behind Philly in the standings with another W tonight.

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 10:40 PM
harden down

tredigs
12-22-2017, 10:56 PM
harden down

How bad?

Noticing Capela is out again along with CP3 and Moute. They're probably losing if Harden can't finish (for those betting out there).

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 10:59 PM
How bad?

Noticing Capela is out again along with CP3 and Moute. They're probably losing if Harden can't finish (for those betting out there).

he returned. got elbowed in the face. meanwhile we are losing to the clips after 3...

Lakers + Giants
12-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Lakers last 4: Warriors, @Cavs, @Rockets, @Warriors :laugh: Poor bastards. Playing great through it though.

Surprisingly, All those games have been entertaining as hell. I don't think this one will be though.

WaDe03
12-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Y'all are a little too hard on Austin Rivers. He's nothing special but he's definitely an NBA level player.

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 11:08 PM
Y'all are a little too hard on Austin Rivers. He's nothing special but he's definitely an NBA level player.

He's a losing level player who puts up numbers when no one really cares but got paid like he's a game-changer. People just dislike how his dad has leveraged his GM spot to sign his son at an overpriced deal. I mean, in what world at that time was 9 PPG capable of $11 million?

tredigs
12-22-2017, 11:15 PM
He's a pretty good ISO scorer and can hit 3's (tho streaky). I can't think of anything else he does at a +NBA level. Overall I would say he's clearly below average on both ends (and worse because he thinks he's very good and acts accordingly).

tredigs
12-22-2017, 11:19 PM
Surprisingly, All those games have been entertaining as hell. I don't think this one will be though.
Yeah, I think Draymond + Iguodala are playing (along with KD/Klay obviously) and that's a ton of travel + hard fought games. It's set up on the surface as a great spot to bet the Warriors to cover the double digit spread (prob 12 or 13?), but I'm on Holiday and steering clear 'til the New Year.

lol, please
12-22-2017, 11:19 PM
people know he is goodI know right, lol.

People would claim he's better than Curry for years. Some might still believe it.

Lakers + Giants
12-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I think Draymond + Iguodala are playing (along with KD/Klay obviously) and that's a ton of travel + hard fought games. It's set up on the surface as a great spot to bet the Warriors to cover the double digit spread (prob 12 or 13?), but I'm on Holiday and steering clear 'til the New Year.

Had to cash in on the crypto dips. I'm not betting for the next week as well.

I do think dubs cover easily tbh.

lol, please
12-22-2017, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I think Draymond + Iguodala are playing (along with KD/Klay obviously) and that's a ton of travel + hard fought games. It's set up on the surface as a great spot to bet the Warriors to cover the double digit spread (prob 12 or 13?), but I'm on Holiday and steering clear 'til the New Year.Went in with a C-note on -11.5

BDawk20Fan
12-22-2017, 11:24 PM
Got a good one

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 11:26 PM
This freaking game so annoying. Gordon hits a big 3 and Tucker gets called for a technical. Stop giving them free baskets

tredigs
12-22-2017, 11:29 PM
Good bets @ both of you.

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 11:29 PM
Harden crying about flopping. Really?

tredigs
12-22-2017, 11:31 PM
Is Harden about to be the first player with b2b 50 point games + b2b losses? Looking like it (maybe Wilt did it for the Warriors that season actually).

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 11:31 PM
Lou+Rivers doing this again will never happen. Never.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-22-2017, 11:32 PM
Rockets are pretenders

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 11:32 PM
Lou Williams reminds me of Jamal Crawford. He's going to be able to score even at age 40.

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 11:33 PM
This dam game my god so aggravating just throwing up 3s

GREATNESS ONE
12-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Time to play the Champs. Just want my Baby Lakers fight, not give up. The first two games were fun, hopefully this one can go to OT too :p

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 11:34 PM
Doc Rivers: we should extend Austin to a max contract.

GREATNESS ONE
12-22-2017, 11:34 PM
Rockets are pretenders

Yes. Well not pretenders but theyíre a notch below GSW/Cavs

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 11:35 PM
This is the single worst officiated five minutes of a basketball game I've ever seen in my ****ing life. The Rockets do not deserve to win this game, but every ****ing official working this game should lose his job after tonight. I hope D'Antoni gets a second technical and gets tossed. If I'm anywhere near as irate right now as he is, he's liable to strangle one of those referees to death.

It wasn't even that bad. There were plenty of worse games I've seen.

tredigs
Not watching but Westbrook just had a big game and the game winning buzzer beater 3. Impressive.

LCD for the Rockets this season (along with Harden obviously) looks like Capela.

mightybosstone
This is the single worst officiated five minutes of a basketball game I've ever seen in my ****ing life. The Rockets do not deserve to win this game, but every ****ing official working this game should lose his job after tonight. I hope D'Antoni gets a second technical and gets tossed. If I'm anywhere near as irate right now as he is, he's liable to strangle one of those referees to death.

rhino17
12-22-2017, 11:36 PM
That may be the worst officiated last 2 minutes of a game I've seen all year. CJ WIllianms commits his 6th foul and they dont call it on him. Then he flops his way into 3 offensive fouls against Harden. Disgusting.

Rockets given multiple technicals for rightly complaining, Harden ejected. **** these guys

GREATNESS ONE
12-22-2017, 11:37 PM

I wish people like you filled the stadium. Itís gotta be embarrassing a little bit seeing so many empty seats? Hou is rolling, the house should be packed. Maybe theyíll all jump on the wagon like the Stros! :sad2: sorry still sad bout the WS

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 11:37 PM
I wish people like you filled the stadium. Itís gotta be embarrassing a little bit seeing so many empty seats? Hou is rolling, the house should be packed. Maybe theyíll all jump on the wagon like the Stros! :sad2: sorry still sad bout the WS

I'm baffled by that, tbh. The seats are always empty. Reminds me of the MIAMI HEAT arena. Literally red seats everywhere.

mightybosstone
12-22-2017, 11:38 PM
That may be the worst officiated last 2 minutes of a game I've seen all year. CJ WIllianms commits his 6th foul and they dont call it on him. Then he flops his way into 3 offensive fouls against Harden. Disgusting

:nod:

I've seriously never seen that before in an NBA game where referees call a foul on a guy who is nowhere near the play, letting the guy who committed the foul keep playing when he should have fouled out. Just remarkably ****** officiating. And they exacerbated the situation so much by rewarding TWO flops by him in the next three possessions and calling D'Antoni for a technical when MDA was completely justified for being pissed.

Again, I'll reiterate that this Rockets team has played crappy ball tonight and deserves to lose. But they didn't deserve to lose this like this. Those guys should never be allowed to officiate a game ever again.

rhino17
12-22-2017, 11:39 PM

Astros tickets are dirt cheap. A decent seat at a Rockets game is $200-$300. Living in Denver, I can get 4 seats pretty much anywhere in the house for that price

lol, please
Rockets are pretendersSavage

goingfor28
Lou Williams reminds me of Jamal Crawford. He's going to be able to score even at age 40.He seems a lot more efficient that Crawford, but definitely very similar type players.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
Harden with another great game but CP3 just takes the team to a different level. No question, CP3 is what turns this team to contenders.

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 11:40 PM

The place wasnít that bad tonight compared to other home games. Itís a Friday night more people came out to watch

goingfor28
Harden first player since March 2007 (Kobe) with b2b 50 pt games. That seems crazy. Nobody else has done that in over 10 yrs? I'm surprised.

rhino17
:nod:

I've seriously never seen that before in an NBA game where referees call a foul on a guy who is nowhere near the play, letting the guy who committed the foul keep playing when he should have fouled out. Just remarkably ****** officiating. And they exacerbated the situation so much by rewarding TWO flops by him in the next three possessions and calling D'Antoni for a technical when MDA was completely justified for being pissed.

Again, I'll reiterate that this Rockets team has played crappy ball tonight and deserves to lose. But they didn't deserve to lose this like this. Those guys should never be allowed to officiate a game ever again.

Yeah, they likely were not gonna win, but it got completely out of hand at the end due to officiating.

The most ridiculous part was when Williams flopped the second time, didn't get the call, stood up, flopped again, and then got the call he wanted.

mightybosstone
12-22-2017, 11:41 PM

I think people don't realize how Houston is built as a city. There's more than 6 million people in the Houston metropolitan area, but it's MASSIVE. For example, I live out in the burbs, just outside the city limits, and it would take me an hour just to get to Toyota Center. In rush hour, it'd be like an hour and a half. It's hard to fill games during the week when the vast majority of your metro population is more than 45 minutes from the arena.

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 11:41 PM
Win 14 in a row to lose 2 **** games in a row. No Paul or Capela didnít help

goingfor28
12-22-2017, 11:42 PM
That may be the worst officiated last 2 minutes of a game I've seen all year. CJ WIllianms commits his 6th foul and they dont call it on him. Then he flops his way into 3 offensive fouls against Harden. Disgusting.

Rockets given multiple technicals for rightly complaining, Harden ejected. **** these guysBy CJ Williams, do you mean Jawun Evans?

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 11:42 PM
Is it Paul's team now? Or Hardens?

Very good post. Agreed, A+.

lol, please
12-22-2017, 11:43 PM
Harden with another great game but CP3 just takes the team to a different level. No question, CP3 is what turns this team to contenders.Is it Paul's team now? Or Hardens?

FlashBolt
I guess we're just going to overlook that they were without two of their three best players and a third key piece of their rotation? The Rockets played like **** tonight, but these last two games, playing banged up against hungry, overachieving teams on fire, is not indicative of who they are as a team.

If Paul and Capela are back on Christmas, the Rockets will crush the Thunder. Book it.

Hey, leave us out of it.

rhino17
By CJ Williams, do you mean Jawun Evans?

idk, whoever it was, some nobody

mightybosstone
Rockets are pretenders

I guess we're just going to overlook that they were without two of their three best players and a third key piece of their rotation? The Rockets played like **** tonight, but these last two games, playing banged up against hungry, overachieving teams on fire, is not indicative of who they are as a team.

If Paul and Capela are back on Christmas, the Rockets will crush the Thunder. Book it.

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Is it Paul's team now? Or Hardens?

Still Harden

NFLAccess
12-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Still canít believe that collapse

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 11:54 PM
Russ has been amazing the past four games. He's totally bipolar. Great efficiency/low turnovers are the complete opposite of his game.

Scoots
12-22-2017, 11:58 PM
Harden first player since March 2007 (Kobe) with b2b 50 pt games. That seems crazy. Nobody else has done that in over 10 yrs? I'm surprised.

I think Antawn Jameson did it then too ... one of them against Kobe and the Lakers.

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Lonzo has been shooting great at three. Seems like he has found his touch. Good for him.

Scoots
12-23-2017, 12:04 AM
I think people don't realize how Houston is built as a city. There's more than 6 million people in the Houston metropolitan area, but it's MASSIVE. For example, I live out in the burbs, just outside the city limits, and it would take me an hour just to get to Toyota Center. In rush hour, it'd be like an hour and a half. It's hard to fill games during the week when the vast majority of your metro population is more than 45 minutes from the arena.

Nah, Houston people just don't care that much. It takes people who live a few blocks from Oracle Arena 45 minutes to get there and it was jam packed when they sucked. Whenever I travel to Houston or Atlanta I can always walk up to the gate and get available tickets. Those two cities are the only two where that has always been true. I have friends who are Rockets season ticket holders and they don't go much more than half the games.

The NBA just isn't drawing there.

Scoots
12-23-2017, 12:09 AM
The Warriors are going to have to adjust their defensive plan of letting Lonzo shoot.

lol, please
12-23-2017, 12:26 AM
West!!!

:worthy:

rhino17
12-23-2017, 12:31 AM
Nah, Houston people just don't care that much. It takes people who live a few blocks from Oracle Arena 45 minutes to get there and it was jam packed when they sucked. Whenever I travel to Houston or Atlanta I can always walk up to the gate and get available tickets. Those two cities are the only two where that has always been true. I have friends who are Rockets season ticket holders and they don't go much more than half the games.

The NBA just isn't drawing there.

You can literally do that almost anywhere. I've never not been able to do that, including places like MSG when Lebron is in town

Scoots
12-23-2017, 12:52 AM
You can literally do that almost anywhere. I've never not been able to do that, including places like MSG when Lebron is in town

GOOD seats.

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:03 AM
Love how the chemistry between Durant and Klay keeps growing

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:12 AM
What a feed from Durant to Bell!

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:16 AM
I miss Bogut.

Funny how no one calls him dirty now that he left the Warriors [emoji23]

DanG
12-23-2017, 01:21 AM
Jordan Bell is impressive

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:25 AM
And 1 Durant

Lakers been getting all the calls

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:28 AM
Durant giving his heart on the floor like Kobe would

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2017, 01:34 AM
And 1 Durant

Lakers been getting all the calls

:laugh:

Scoots
12-23-2017, 01:37 AM
I miss Bogut.

Funny how no one calls him dirty now that he left the Warriors [emoji23]

Hard to be dirty when you hardly play.

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:40 AM
Easily the sloppiest 4th quarter of the season. Turnovers, bricks, and missed assignments

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2017, 01:40 AM
lakeshow getting back

kuzma first laker rookie with at least 3 straight 25+ point games since jerry west

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:46 AM
Durant reminding me of Rodman going for that ball

Scoots
12-23-2017, 01:46 AM
Randle is a problem for the Warriors.

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:47 AM
lakeshow getting back

kuzma first laker rookie with at least 3 straight 25+ point games since jerry westYea lol, watching the Lakers or Warriors broadcast?

Warriors broadcast mentioned it not long ago

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:51 AM
Bell 1st Warrior rookie to get a double double since Barnes in 2013

:worthy:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2017, 01:52 AM
Yea lol, watching the Lakers or Warriors broadcast?

Warriors broadcast mentioned it not long ago

espn

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:53 AM
espnOh what? Going to have to check that feed rq

DanG
12-23-2017, 01:56 AM
2 horrible calls late

HandsOnTheWheel
12-23-2017, 01:56 AM
Hard for me to take these games serious when these refs are fully dictating games

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2017, 01:59 AM
yep, zebras' been terrible tonight

HandsOnTheWheel
12-23-2017, 01:59 AM
You can't breathe on Durant apparently

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2017, 02:01 AM
haha gtfo ref

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2017, 02:02 AM
lmfao no foul u kidding me

lol, please
12-23-2017, 02:06 AM
Hard for me to take these games serious when these refs are fully dictating gamesThe refs were keeping the Lakers in the game lol

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2017, 02:08 AM
Hard for me to take these games serious when these refs are fully dictating games

legit didn't want to sound like that guy, cuz i said it last time vs warriors earlier this week. Honestly was the same ****. ****in pissed rn.

Love the way we played during that brutal 4 game stretch but man, we were straight up playing 5v8 on a few of those games. Damn.

DanG
12-23-2017, 02:08 AM
The refs were keeping the Lakers in the game lol

It was definitely an offensive foul on Draymond and KCP got a clean block on McCaw earlier. Also, Caruso got called for a block which could've been a charge easily.

Scoots
12-23-2017, 02:12 AM
2 horrible calls late

Yeah, Randle wasn't fouled and that ball earlier was off Randle so it shouldn't have gone to the Lakers.

Seriously though ... there were missed calls both ways but I don't think it was badly officiated.

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2017, 02:12 AM
Yeah, Randle wasn't fouled and that ball earlier was off Randle so it shouldn't have gone to the Lakers.

Iggy threw it off Randle and it bounced right back and hit Iggy. Just sayin.

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2017, 02:13 AM
Warriors - Lakers 1st round could be great

But I think we'll end up around 9-11

As long as we don't give up a top 7 pick im happy tbh.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2017, 02:13 AM
Warriors - Lakers 1st round could be great

But I think we'll end up around 9-11

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 02:15 AM
Kuzma is turning 23 in July. Regardless, man, he will be a very good player in the league. Lakers got an absolute steal with him. All GSW vs Lakers games could have gone to the Lakers. Impressive.

Scoots
12-23-2017, 02:17 AM
Pretty funny, in post game they asked Jordan Bell the lessons he's learned as a rookie and he said "Run every time and get the ball to the light skinned dudes and the skinny guy" :D

Before the Warriors played the Mavs Bell was asked about his pass off the backboard to himself dunk from early in the season, he said "no dunks, only layups in this one", and despite having several chances to dunk he only took layups, including one where he went up to dunk then changed hands and reversed the layup. Funny smart dude.

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2017, 02:19 AM
Kuzma is turning 23 in July. Regardless, man, he will be a very good player in the league. Lakers got an absolute steal with him. All GSW vs Lakers games could have gone to the Lakers. Impressive.

All I hear is that he's already polished and won't improve anymore cuz of his age. One and done era has messed with people's heads. Players used to come in @ 22 year old rookies every year and they improved. It's ridiculous to say a player has peaked his first year in the NBA. I understand sometimes we see these D-League rookies or Over seas rookies but a 22 year old college player not being able to improve. That's some ********.

I'm glad we have him, offensively he's already a legit threat, if he can improve defensively we're talkin about an all star for years to come. Has to put in the work though.

Scoots
12-23-2017, 02:21 AM
Iggy threw it off Randle and it bounced right back and hit Iggy. Just sayin.

I meant the West block on a Randle shot that clearly hit Randle in the arm before it went out.

Someone has GOT to teach Nance how to set a pick without getting called. There were several times where he could have been called and didn't.

Scoots
12-23-2017, 02:24 AM
All I hear is that he's already polished and won't improve anymore cuz of his age. One and done era has messed with people's heads. Players used to come in @ 22 year old rookies every year and they improved. It's ridiculous to say a player has peaked his first year in the NBA. I understand sometimes we see these D-League rookies or Over seas rookies but a 22 year old college player not being able to improve. That's some ********.

I'm glad we have him, offensively he's already a legit threat, if he can improve defensively we're talkin about an all star for years to come. Has to put in the work though.

The Warriors are built on multi-year college guys. It doesn't seem to be hurting them any. The lottery is full of teams who get stuck on the idea of potential.

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 02:25 AM

Well, it certainly would have been much better if he was younger. But at the same time, this is great news for the Lakers. Since he's 22, you guys will get him at 23-26. Those are going to be some of his best years.

lol, please
12-23-2017, 02:29 AM
Iggy threw it off Randle and it bounced right back and hit Iggy. Just sayin.The refs got that one right lol

aman_13
12-23-2017, 02:39 AM
Austin Rivers!!

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2017, 02:42 AM
I meant the West block on a Randle shot that clearly hit Randle in the arm before it went out.

Someone has GOT to teach Nance how to set a pick without getting called. There were several times where he could have been called and didn't.

Oh, could be. My biased *** didn't see that one. Not gonna lie, could be selective memory.

And yes, I noticed that about Nance too. He was setting KG screens all night, needs to learn how to make em subtle.

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2017, 02:46 AM
Well, it certainly would have been much better if he was younger. But at the same time, this is great news for the Lakers. Since he's 22, you guys will get him at 23-26. Those are going to be some of his best years.

Certainly would, just don't get how it's such a bad thing to be 22 now. Sometimes we want 20 year olds to be as good as Kuzma is right now in two years. that would make it the same thing, but now when we see a 22 year old stud we say things like "he's polished. he's peaked. he can't improve anymore." It's ****in baffling.

Btw, im not directing this on you. Simply saying what others have said about Kuzma. All I know is we're glad to have him. Especially with the 27th pick.

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2017, 02:46 AM
The refs got that one right lol

Even a broken clock is right twice a day :laugh2:

aman_13
12-23-2017, 02:57 AM
Nice to see Lonzo playing better. You can tell he's gaining confidence.

Lakers + Giants
12-23-2017, 02:57 AM
Nice to see Lonzo playing better. You can tell he's gaining confidence.

Yup. Been waaaaaaaay better than he was earlier in the year. Now he needs to cut down on his TOs. Those were low when he wasn't playing as good as he is now, could be cuz he's playing much more aggressive now though. Before he looked scared/uncomfortable.

mgjohnson7851
12-23-2017, 03:24 AM
Jokic destroyed Nurkic tonight.

More-Than-Most
12-23-2017, 03:57 AM
NO CURRY... NO PROBLEM.

remember when durant went down and the warriors won? when durant went down they never lost dray etc and never won 11 in a row... clearly curry is a great player but clearly he is also a product of this team right tre good buddy : )

tredigs
12-23-2017, 04:26 AM
NO CURRY... NO PROBLEM.

remember when durant went down and the warriors won? when durant went down they never lost dray etc and never won 11 in a row... clearly curry is a great player but clearly he is also a product of this team right tre good buddy : )

Lol the Warriors are not right right now. They are barely surviving against ALL sub .500 teams since Curry has been out. And this is a long home stretch with an abundance of days off (by far the easiest stretch of the year for them). Proud of the boys for holding court and taking 1st place over the reeling Rockets though.

Saddletramp
12-23-2017, 06:03 AM

While I agree that the Rockets played like garbage, it wasn't the worst officiated game THIS YEAR. That was that Raptors game a month ago. This game was bad because that little no name guy kept defending Harden with all of his might and Harden still lit him up for 50+ so little dude just started flopping. Awful flopping.

Also, I think the refs have been so keen on NOT being tricked by Harden that they now don't call actual fouls against him. So yeah, refereeing has been just peachy this year.

Man, that was like soccer level flopping by that little guy.

Chronz
12-23-2017, 06:56 AM
Austin rivers has cost me allot of money this year. Rox trash

NFLAccess
12-23-2017, 09:27 AM
Harden not happy after the game. I donít want to hear oh he finally didnít get the calls he always gets.

Giannis94
12-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Harden not happy after the game. I donít want to hear oh he finally didnít get the calls he always gets.

That's exactly what happened. Harden is so annoying. Thinks he deserves every damn call. He doesn't.. He's overrated. And plays 1/2 the game

NFLAccess
12-23-2017, 10:11 AM
That's exactly what happened. Harden is so annoying. Thinks he deserves every damn call. He doesn't.. He's overrated. And plays 1/2 the game

He's playing great this year. Doesn't help when Paul and Capela didn't play. I said this earlier in the week, great players know how to draw fouls and be aggressive. You love him when he's on your team. You hate him when he's not.

Vee-Rex
12-23-2017, 10:18 AM
Lol the Warriors are not right right now. They are barely surviving against ALL sub .500 teams since Curry has been out. And this is a long home stretch with an abundance of days off (by far the easiest stretch of the year for them). Proud of the boys for holding court and taking 1st place over the reeling Rockets though.

What happens when they obliterate the well rested Cavs on Xmas? Huh? Three games in four nights too. THEN WHAT?!

Giannis94
12-23-2017, 10:51 AM
He's playing great this year. Doesn't help when Paul and Capela didn't play. I said this earlier in the week, great players know how to draw fouls and be aggressive. You love him when he's on your team. You hate him when he's not.
Nah. I just think he's a puss.

Scoots
12-23-2017, 11:31 AM
Yup. Been waaaaaaaay better than he was earlier in the year. Now he needs to cut down on his TOs. Those were low when he wasn't playing as good as he is now, could be cuz he's playing much more aggressive now though. Before he looked scared/uncomfortable.

He's learning to have the ball more. Early in the year it was like he was afraid of the ball. Now he's keeping it longer and is able to set up teammates better. It's a rookie thing ... if his shooting goes up he'll be defended closer which will push his shooting down some ... it's what happens.

Scoots
12-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Austin rivers has cost me allot of money this year. Rox trash

Supposedly he cost you CP3 too. Doc was sending CP3 potential lineups and every one had Rivers in it and that convinced CP3 he had to leave :D

NFLAccess
12-23-2017, 12:30 PM
Nah. I just think he's a puss.

jealousy is one thing. hatred is another. I don't bad mouth about Giannis

Giannis94
12-23-2017, 12:37 PM
jealousy is one thing. hatred is another. I don't bad mouth about Giannis

It's not jealousy or hatred. It's more so the inconsistencies with officiating, so many ticky-tacky calls, and the special treatment certain stars get. Harden looks to be touched when he actually isn't- FOUL Called. Giannis appears to be touched and actually isn't- he doesn't get the same treatment.

Again, I used to not watch the NBA for a long period of time. Now I remember why I didn't. Nothing against Harden, james, etc. It's just the pussification and incosnsitency of the league as a whole.

tredigs
12-23-2017, 12:41 PM
What happens when they obliterate the well rested Cavs on Xmas? Huh? Three games in four nights too. THEN WHAT?!

Then the Cavs suck and the Universe regains it's balance ; )

lol, please
12-23-2017, 01:39 PM
It's not jealousy or hatred. It's more so the inconsistencies with officiating, so many ticky-tacky calls, and the special treatment certain stars get. Harden looks to be touched when he actually isn't- FOUL Called. Giannis appears to be touched and actually isn't- he doesn't get the same treatment.

Again, I used to not watch the NBA for a long period of time. Now I remember why I didn't. Nothing against Harden, james, etc. It's just the pussification and incosnsitency of the league as a whole.It is nauseating. You can't bang inside, you can't check perimeter players hard, almost all contact is disallowed.

It's even worse in football. I'm against the "safety and health" argument. These are grown men who get paid millions to play a game. The health risks are gladly assumed by grown men consciously making the commitment.

GREATNESS ONE
12-23-2017, 02:49 PM
Bring back, Hand checking.

Let them touch each other more, play like men, theyíre millionaires who play a game. The officiating has been bad all year long, simply changing a rule that some players even still use today. Will hopefully make the refs swallow their whistles, itís crazy watching all these Superstars *****ing and I mean ***** all game long to the refs and itís practically all of them lol. Changing the rule will hopefully send a message, no more *****ing, play ball. It would make for much better product and I get protecting the players but itís nauseating watching some of these horrible calls. Issometim

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Bring back, Hand checking.

Let them touch each other more, play like men, theyíre millionaires who play a game. The officiating has been bad all year long, simply changing a rule that some players even still use today. Will hopefully make the refs swallow their whistles, itís crazy watching all these Superstars *****ing and I mean ***** all game long to the refs and itís practically all of them lol. Changing the rule will hopefully send a message, no more *****ing, play ball. It would make for much better product and I get protecting the players but itís nauseating watching some of these horrible calls. Issometim
Hand checking still exists. Refs rarely call it but every play has had some sort of hand-checking going on.

GREATNESS ONE
12-23-2017, 05:01 PM
Yea I know, see it from some players quite often. Itís just a shame that these stars complain so much, you just have to breathe on them and itís a foul. They gotta let these guys play more.

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 05:57 PM
Yea I know, see it from some players quite often. Itís just a shame that these stars complain so much, you just have to breathe on them and itís a foul. They gotta let these guys play more.

It depends on what you mean by letting them play more.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

Less fouls called today than decades ago. Seems refs let most things go and there really aren't much fouls to be called since players aren't really playing as physical as they used to. Not to mention the three point shooting has just eliminated most contact that occurs when they get to the paint.

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 06:00 PM
Also, I'm for one fine without hand checking. On a pure basketball perspective, hand checking shouldn't be allowed. It's almost like the Bad Boy Pistons. Their defense was overstated because of how dirty they played. That isn't pure defense right there. I'm much more complimentary of having to use your feet and body to stay in front of the offensive player rather than using hands to make up for any defensive lapses. It does help offensive players more but at the same time, it's not anything these guys can't adjust to.