PDA

View Full Version : Trade block and rumors 2017-18 season till deadline then lock

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Well Bucks been linked to Okafor or Jordan. Okafor been traded to Nets. Old rumor has it Clippers wanted Middleton and or Brogdon and Henson for Jordan. Now newest rumors from Gery Woelfel is Clippers want Parker now. Also read lately that if Hornets aren't .500 around trade deadline. They would become sellers and try to salary dump MKG and Batum. Maybe even use Frank as the asset to dump either.

Bulls were shopping Rolo and Mirotic. Mirotic has no trade clause. Mirotic and Portis seemed to have kissed and made up. So maybe Rolo is odd man out. Lakers want cap and I'm sure Deng is on the block. Rockets wanna dump Anderson yet. Who is on your teams trade block? Legit trade block. Not a wish list of guys you hate. Also post any tidbit rumors. Its nice to hear what's going on around the league.

I could take a wild guess Suns probably shopping Moose's expiring contract. They probably wanna get a few assets while eating dead weight back as well. Just to make the Bledsoe trade a little better. Trade deadline is February 8 3PM ET.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2017, 09:34 AM
WOJ mentions Lakers and Mavs discussing Randle for Noel trade.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-23-2017, 10:44 AM
please god no

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2017, 11:26 AM
please god no

During ESPN's second screen show of the Lakers' 113-106*loss to the Warriors, Adrian Wojnarowski reported that the Dallas Mavericks had contacted the Lakers about a potential trade of Randle for Nerlens Noel.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba-au/news/report-lakers-mavs-had-conversation-around-potential-randle-for-noel-trade/1jadeqi1r3i1r1x0zqifdc9xgw

Mr.B
12-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Apparently the trade talks between Dallas and the Lakers died once Nerlens got injured. He should be healthy by the deadline though and I’d expect the two teams to revisit those talks. Makes sense for both teams. Both players are in expiring deals. Gives both teams the chance to “kick the tires” on a young player.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Noel would have to agree to the trade since he's on the QO. QO is a no trade clause. But I'm sure he'd be happy to leave for playing time elsewhere. Wish my Bucks got Noel. I'd part with Wilson or Vaughn or both really for him. Or a couple second round picks if Mavs didn't want our youth.

Scoots
12-23-2017, 12:05 PM
I hope all of the trades go through and there are no buyouts this year so none of the good teams can make late season cheap pickups that make a difference :)

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2017, 12:07 PM
https://hoopshabit.com/2017/12/21/boston-celtics-what-to-make-of-the-anthony-davis-rumors/

Mentioned Celtics called about AD last season before Pelicans traded for Cousins. Mentions AD wants to win. Celtics could be waiting when the time comes if AD wants out. Or Pelicans get a offer they cant refuse. Personally if I was Pelicans GM i'd trade both AD and Cousins. AD to Celtics for Brown and Tatum and salary fillers. Which would be like 5 guys or so.

It's kinda hard trading with Celtics cause beyond Irving, Hayward, Horford rest of the contracts are small like $5M per each or so. So be like 5 guys or more. Then i'd flip Cousins to Cavs for Nets pick, Thompson, Shumpert, Zizic and maybe a future first of Cavs own pick when it can convey. Maybe then see if 76ers want Holiday back for playoff push. I'm sure they'd have to sacrifice Fultz and expiring Amir and dead weight Bayless.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Sam Amico mentioned a couple days ago Cavs "sniffing around" yet for Jordan trade. Reports are the offer would be Thompson, Shumpert, Cavs own pick and not the Nets pick for Jordan.

Giannis94
12-23-2017, 01:25 PM
I wold give a first round pick and take on a terrible contract for a team to take Jason Kidd. I'm looking at you 76ers, Knicks, Lakers.

TrueFan420
12-23-2017, 01:44 PM
I wold give a first round pick and take on a terrible contract for a team to take Jason Kidd. I'm looking at you 76ers, Knicks, Lakers.

Great players make bad coaches

warfelg
12-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Brett Brown is far better than Kidd. Why would we ever entertain that?

jerryred
12-23-2017, 03:06 PM
what y'all think of this trade
pistons: PF Julius Randle

Lakers: Luke Kennard and Henry Ellenson

Chapin78
12-23-2017, 03:10 PM
https://hoopshabit.com/2017/12/21/boston-celtics-what-to-make-of-the-anthony-davis-rumors/

Mentioned Celtics called about AD last season before Pelicans traded for Cousins. Mentions AD wants to win. Celtics could be waiting when the time comes if AD wants out. Or Pelicans get a offer they cant refuse. Personally if I was Pelicans GM i'd trade both AD and Cousins. AD to Celtics for Brown and Tatum and salary fillers. Which would be like 5 guys or so.

It's kinda hard trading with Celtics cause beyond Irving, Hayward, Horford rest of the contracts are small like $5M per each or so. So be like 5 guys or more. Then i'd flip Cousins to Cavs for Nets pick, Thompson, Shumpert, Zizic and maybe a future first of Cavs own pick when it can convey. Maybe then see if 76ers want Holiday back for playoff push. I'm sure they'd have to sacrifice Fultz and expiring Amir and dead weight Bayless.

IF the Pelicans were in Miami Marlins fire sale mode then these are good ideas. Word is that AD is staying at least one more year if they can't turn it around. I heard that on some radio show as a WOJ quote I promise I am not making that part up. I would like into the possibility of signing Boogie and if he gives a hard no then I dump him for everything I can get and he's having a nice season so his return should be decent. Or the Pels can trade him and get some pieces back and still go hard to sign him in the offseason. The thing is to keep AD happy he's the franchise and one of the elite players in the NBA.

Also would explore more trades in the offseason doesn't have to be now for AD.

Dade County
12-23-2017, 03:45 PM

Why wouldn't the Cav's target AD, instead of Cuz? Cav's and N.O could workout a deal to another to to flip Love for draft picks or younger players as well.

Mr.B
12-23-2017, 03:50 PM
Could Nerlens for Clarkson work?

https://twitter.com/lakersnation/status/944643776131358720

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Why wouldn't the Cav's target AD, instead of Cuz? Cav's and N.O could workout a deal to another to to flip Love for draft picks or younger players as well.

Why would Pelicans trade Anthony Davis when he's locked in long-term and is still young? And Love is playing his best season with the Cavs+ shooting a career high at three. Cavs should go after PG if anything.

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 04:54 PM

Lakers just want to get rid of Clarkson at this point. They'll probably take a player with a one year contract. Honestly, I think Lakers need to find a way to package Clarkson+Randle+Deng. Their biggest issue with signing free agents is that Deng signing.

GREATNESS ONE
12-23-2017, 05:04 PM
Loul sit at home make 18 mill $ Deng

GREATNESS ONE
12-23-2017, 05:06 PM

The thing with this trade is how packed our front court is. Kuzma, Nance, Randle, Bogut, Lopez, Bryant, Zubac. Noels is a nice player but we would have to find a way to unload some of those guys too.

Giannis94
12-23-2017, 07:30 PM
Brett Brown is far better than Kidd. Why would we ever entertain that?

I was saying that we would give kidd away plus a first andtake a huge bad contract back and you guys can literally do whatever you want with him. Never said I wanted brown. But for all I care you can run Jkidd as scout team pg and send us your a future top 59 protected pick for kidd and I'd do it

Saddletramp
12-23-2017, 07:54 PM
what y'all think of this trade
pistons: PF Julius Randle

Lakers: Luke Kennard and Henry Ellenson

Aside from Randle, Are those guys actual players or made up names?

Dade County
12-23-2017, 08:33 PM
Why would Pelicans trade Anthony Davis when he's locked in long-term and is still young? And Love is playing his best season with the Cavs+ shooting a career high at three. Cavs should go after PG if anything.

Did you reply to the poster that suggested that Pels should trade AD to Boston & Cuz to Cav's?

I was just asking why would Cav's target Cuz & not AD; it wouldn't make any sense to me.

But we all know that AD will get traded, most likely it won't be this season, but a season and a half from now, we will see.

N.O isn't going to win. They will not be able to create a super team to challenge GS. So if Cuz doesn't re-sign and AD is left with a worse team to start next season, this is all the media will be talking about.

So in short, he gone.

Mr.B
12-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Lakers just want to get rid of Clarkson at this point. They'll probably take a player with a one year contract. Honestly, I think Lakers need to find a way to package Clarkson+Randle+Deng. Their biggest issue with signing free agents is that Deng signing.

It’s going to take more than those guys to unload Deng. Teams know that unloading Deng means Lakers likely get Labron or Cousins. The only teams are going to help the Lakers unload that contract is if Ingram or one of the rookies is attached to the deal.

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Did you reply to the poster that suggested that Pels should trade AD to Boston & Cuz to Cav's?

I was just asking why would Cav's target Cuz & not AD; it wouldn't make any sense to me.

But we all know that AD will get traded, most likely it won't be this season, but a season and a half from now, we will see.

N.O isn't going to win. They will not be able to create a super team to challenge GS. So if Cuz doesn't re-sign and AD is left with a worse team to start next season, this is all the media will be talking about.

So in short, he gone.

Well, I mean, obviously every team wants to target AD, LeBron, Giannis, KD, etc., but those are guys they most likely aren't going to get regardless of who they trade. DMC has a higher possibility of getting traded so it makes sense for both sides to try and complete a trade.

Mr.B
12-23-2017, 09:16 PM
The thing with this trade is how packed our front court is. Kuzma, Nance, Randle, Bogut, Lopez, Bryant, Zubac. Noels is a nice player but we would have to find a way to unload some of those guys too.

Nerlens would slide right into Randle’s minutes. His contract is also expiring just like Randle’s is so if he doesn’t work out the Lakers are no worse off then if they had kept Randle.

FlashBolt
12-23-2017, 09:17 PM
It’s going to take more than those guys to unload Deng. Teams know that unloading Deng means Lakers likely get Labron or Cousins. The only teams are going to help the Lakers unload that contract is if Ingram or one of the rookies is attached to the deal.

Depending on who the Lakers can get in free agency, they may try and trade Lonzo as well. Especially with Ingram+Kuzma being capable 20+ scorers in the league, Lonzo isn't as important as we may think.

lakers squad
12-24-2017, 03:15 AM
The lakers are actually in no hurry to move Clarkson, we don't want to move him before the deadline unless the perfect deal come's along, also we have pretty much giving up on moving Deng for now, as teams are asking for Kuz or Bi or multiple first to take his contract on, as the know we want to move him to make a run at LBJ and PG13, and they want to make us pay to do this, Woj has reported this, Expect us to hold on to Clarkson until the offseason and Dang not to be moved before the deadline as we will either stretch him or move him in the off season as well unless something changes, the player we are most likely to move at the deadline will probably be Randle, as we are starting to feel around to see what offers are out there for him, he's a solid 4, but we are loaded at that position and his contract is coming up for renewal and he will get a nice raise, and we are not looking to add more salary! 👌

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-24-2017, 11:02 AM
The Lakers have given up hope of trading veteran forward Luol Deng, deciding the price would be too steep, Adrian Wojnarowski said on ESPN’s Full Court Press. Other teams are aware of L.A.’s desire to unload Deng’s hefty salary and are demanding a lot in return for taking it on.

“You talk to teams around the league, no one is bailing the Lakers out with Deng’s contract,” Wojnarowski said. “They’re not. Teams have asked for multiple first-round picks. They’ve asked for Brandon Ingram. They’ll ask for Kyle Kuzma. The Lakers have essentially given up on the idea that they can trade Deng.”
Deng has two more seasons and $36.81MM left on the four-year, $72MM deal he signed in the summer of 2016. The Lakers have received very little for that money, as Deng was limited to 56 games last season and has only gotten off the bench once this year.

A report*this week said the organization is unwilling to part with even one first-rounder to get rid of Deng, so a trade was never realistic. As we outlined on Friday, the most likely step is for the Lakers to stretch the final two years of Deng’s contract. If they do it before August 31 of next year and stretch the money over five seasons, it would provide a*$7.362MM cap hit each year. If they hold onto Deng for another year and stretch the final season across three years, it would count $6.27MM annually.

The Lakers are hoping to be major players in the free agent market next summer and would like to*clear as much cap room as possible in hopes of offering two max contracts.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/12/lakers-abandon-hope-of-luol-deng-trade.html

ewing
12-24-2017, 12:06 PM
I don’t follow the lakers. What is the rush to move Ckarkson. I’ve always thought he was pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legitimate
12-24-2017, 08:07 PM
rofl

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-26-2017, 09:27 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-26-2017, 09:39 AM

Looks like Bucks called up asking as well. Not sure what we offer. Liggins which is a nonguaranteed deal. Vaughn didn't get his option picked up. Kidd barely plays him.

KingPosey
12-26-2017, 10:36 AM
I can’t understand the Noel for randle rumors. If I’m the lakers why the **** would I do that straight across.

Tg11
12-26-2017, 10:39 AM
If I were the Lakers I definitely would not do that trade at all...I would at least keep Randle until the end of the season and then come off season when he becomes a free agent then I wouldn't re-sign him...Randle then could go to another team you basically clear cap space that way

Vinylman
12-26-2017, 11:41 AM

Salaries don't match and if the Lakers are dumping Clarkson they aren't taking on anything but expirings... probably much better deals out there for him anyway.

As a Laker fan I don't have a lot of faith in signing two top guys so keeping deng another year isn't a big deal in reality

Vinylman
12-26-2017, 11:47 AM
I don’t follow the lakers. What is the rush to move Ckarkson. I’ve always thought he was pretty good

He is irrelevant long term and his contract is favorable so there will be buyers at the deadline for him...

might as well see what they can get now... he could always get injured and we could get stuck with him which they don't want to have happen.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-26-2017, 11:50 AM
Curious what my Bucks offered for Warriors Zaza,McGee. Since after all we salary dumped Zaza to Mavs a few years back for a top 55 protected second. Kidd barely plays Vaughn. He could be a option. Also Bucks got unguaranteed contract of Liggins. I wouldn't offer to much more.

Vinylman
12-26-2017, 11:50 AM
If I were the Lakers I definitely would not do that trade at all...I would at least keep Randle until the end of the season and then come off season when he becomes a free agent then I wouldn't re-sign him...Randle then could go to another team you basically clear cap space that way

wow... just wow... do you post just to post? both are expirings

lakers squad
12-26-2017, 02:47 PM
I can’t understand the Noel for randle rumors. If I’m the lakers why the **** would I do that straight across.

We would have to get a draft pick back with Noel, if we did that trade...As Picks or moving Deng's contract is what we would want from a Randle trade!

lakers squad
12-26-2017, 03:03 PM

I don't think he will get moved before the deadline, He is a 6 man of the year candidate, and can play either the point are the two, the main reason we would look to move him is to free up two max contract spots, and we could just wait until the off-season and see if two max player's want to come before we dealt him!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Shocked Lakers haven't tried Randle,Clarkson for Moose expiring deal. Then Lakers only need to dump Deng. Figure in Randle is RFA and Lakers need cap.

Leftcoast_yg
12-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Depending on who the Lakers can get in free agency, they may try and trade Lonzo as well. Especially with Ingram+Kuzma being capable 20+ scorers in the league, Lonzo isn't as important as we may think.

Lol wtf, stay in yo lane thunder fan. Don't worry PG can give you some insight next year when he signs with the Lakers.

Leftcoast_yg
12-26-2017, 05:18 PM
Nerlens would slide right into Randle’s minutes. His contract is also expiring just like Randle’s is so if he doesn’t work out the Lakers are no worse off then if they had kept Randle.

Yeah but Noel is not resigning with Dallas, randle would, thats the deal breaker were not into helping teams clean up their disgruntled players sorry keep sticking with Carlisle

Leftcoast_yg
12-26-2017, 05:22 PM
The lakers are actually in no hurry to move Clarkson, we don't want to move him before the deadline unless the perfect deal come's along, also we have pretty much giving up on moving Deng for now, as teams are asking for Kuz or Bi or multiple first to take his contract on, as the know we want to move him to make a run at LBJ and PG13, and they want to make us pay to do this, Woj has reported this, Expect us to hold on to Clarkson until the offseason and Dang not to be moved before the deadline as we will either stretch him or move him in the off season as well unless something changes, the player we are most likely to move at the deadline will probably be Randle, as we are starting to feel around to see what offers are out there for him, he's a solid 4, but we are loaded at that position and his contract is coming up for renewal and he will get a nice raise, and we are not looking to add more salary! 👌

Well said buddy, we need more posters like this gyy.

CELTICS4LYFE
12-27-2017, 10:01 AM
I’d like the C’s to get Evans with the DPE. He’d be a very nice fit off the bench for us right now

Scoots
12-27-2017, 11:08 AM
Curious what my Bucks offered for Warriors Zaza,McGee. Since after all we salary dumped Zaza to Mavs a few years back for a top 55 protected second. Kidd barely plays Vaughn. He could be a option. Also Bucks got unguaranteed contract of Liggins. I wouldn't offer to much more.

Warriors want either a pick or a shooter ideally ... but would probably accept a protected 2nd ... so almost nothing. Zaza is much less likely to move than McGee.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Yeah I read a tweet today Warriors want to create a extra roster spot for Cook. So Liggins unguaranteed and or a second round pick. Or waive Liggins then trade a second for McGee and call it a day. Or Vaughn and Liggins for Zaza,McGee then waive Liggins for Cook. But doubt ya wanna trade two centers. Unless ya do. Don't ya have 5 centers?

Giannis94
12-27-2017, 12:24 PM
Can we please trade jason kidd for anything? Joakim noah? I'll take him if that means kidd is a goner.

Scoots
12-27-2017, 12:35 PM
Yeah I read a tweet today Warriors want to create a extra roster spot for Cook. So Liggins unguaranteed and or a second round pick. Or waive Liggins then trade a second for McGee and call it a day. Or Vaughn and Liggins for Zaza,McGee then waive Liggins for Cook. But doubt ya wanna trade two centers. Unless ya do. Don't ya have 5 centers?

The Warriors have 7 players who get minutes at center ... Zaza, West, Bell, McGee, Looney, Jones, and Green. Jones is more athletic than McGee and has been playing well in the G so they want to bring him up too, so it's possible they move 2 of them or just move 1 and keep moving Cook and Jones up and down for the rest of the season and it's really just a minutes issue. They have 17 players they like and they just can't get minutes for all of them, that's part of the reason they've been so aggressive in "resting" players, just so they can get minutes for the rest of the roster.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-29-2017, 11:11 AM

Not sure how credible this guy is.

Giannis94
12-29-2017, 11:21 AM

I dunno. That kinda contradicts a ton of what we've read recently, no?

Heediot
12-29-2017, 12:22 PM

Damn, Clippers would have mirked the trade.

You basically traded Kyrie and TT for DJ and Crowder, Lou and a pick/cap.

No way they offered this.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-29-2017, 06:01 PM

At this point Thompson's contract is a huge negative. Over paid rebounder. IT is a bit of a unknown coming back from injury and UFA next summer. Nets pick is at #10 in a top 4 heavy draft. Kinda meh.

Vee-Rex
12-29-2017, 06:06 PM

That dude is a known Isaiah Thomas hater and tries to troll him.

#badsource

Mr.B
12-30-2017, 03:58 PM
We would have to get a draft pick back with Noel, if we did that trade...As Picks or moving Deng's contract is what we would want from a Randle trade!

No way Dallas gives up a pick.

Mr.B
12-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Yeah but Noel is not resigning with Dallas, randle would, thats the deal breaker were not into helping teams clean up their disgruntled players sorry keep sticking with Carlisle

Why the hostility? If you don’t want to discuss or listen to possible trades maybe you shouldn’t be in a trade thread.

Also there is no guarantee the Mavs would want to resign Randle. This trade would be strictly o “kick the tires” on Randle. If he works out then obviously they would want to resign him however if he doesn’t fit the team they would absolutely let him walk. Also the fact is that no teams are wanting to help the Lakers have a shot at Labron so Nerlens might be the best offer the Lakers could get for Randle.

The most likely scenario is that neither player is traded and both become UFA this offseason (after the Lakers renounce his rights to free up the cap hold).

D-Leethal
12-30-2017, 04:10 PM

If the Clips include a first rounder it makes sense. Cleveland knows LeBron is leaving. The Brooklyn pick was the best part of the Kyrie trade. Any trade that gets them another first rounder whilst giving them a chance to make one final run this year is a good trade for them.

Giannis94
12-30-2017, 05:18 PM
That dude is a known Isaiah Thomas hater and tries to troll him.

#badsource

Fake news! #MPSDGA

IKnowHoops
12-30-2017, 09:46 PM

If IT can come back and be IT, then I 100% don't want any part of PG. Cousins is the guy you have to go get. Of course if u can get AD instead you do it, but he is the only piece the Cavs are missing.

Wade
Bron
Green
Love
Cousins

They run this lineup and have zero weaknesses and can play any style and your bigger than everyone.

lakers squad
12-31-2017, 02:03 AM
Why the hostility? If you don’t want to discuss or listen to possible trades maybe you shouldn’t be in a trade thread.

Also there is no guarantee the Mavs would want to resign Randle. This trade would be strictly o “kick the tires” on Randle. If he works out then obviously they would want to resign him however if he doesn’t fit the team they would absolutely let him walk. Also the fact is that no teams are wanting to help the Lakers have a shot at Labron so Nerlens might be the best offer the Lakers could get for Randle.

The most likely scenario is that neither player is traded and both become UFA this offseason (after the Lakers renounce his rights to free up the cap hold).

What I was thinking probably happened was the mavs offered to do the deal straight up and the Lakers asked for a pick to be included and they could not agree, and both teams moved on...they could revisit it, but personally I don't think a deal happens here!

GREATNESS ONE
12-31-2017, 03:29 AM
According to NBA insider Eric Pincus, the Lakers will target both DeMarcus Cousins and Paul George closer to the NBA Trade Deadline. “Plan A for the Lakers is still LeBron James. Having said that, at the deadline, the Lakers have two targets: Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins. I think George is more of a long shot since the Thunder seem to have figured things out over the last 10 games. However, the Pelicans are a different story because they’re just above .500. If they don’t climb the standings, they will be open to move Cousins,” Pincus said during the LakersNation Podcast. 2 days ago – via IBTimes

Clarkson, Randle, Zubac, future pick for Cousins?

(Another posters idea) send Kuzma, Deng for PG?

Sign Lebron in FA

Cousins
Lebron
Ingram
PG
Ball

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-31-2017, 09:20 AM
I read on twitter Cousins may consider Mavs as a free agent. Not sure why. Dirk should retire. Matthews over paid. Barnes meh. Nothing exciting. Cuban should rebuild. Shocked Cousins wouldn't consider pairing with buddy Wall on Wizards if anything.

GREATNESS ONE
12-31-2017, 10:42 AM
Do Wiz have the cap?

warfelg
12-31-2017, 11:30 AM
Without some magical moves I don’t think they do. Would me losing Gortat, Morris, and Porter if my math is correct.

Signing Porter to that deal who’s year cemented their place IMO. 3 max deals with a bad bench is touch to over come.

GREATNESS ONE
12-31-2017, 11:40 AM
Without some magical moves I don’t think they do. Would me losing Gortat, Morris, and Porter if my math is correct.

Signing Porter to that deal who’s year cemented their place IMO. 3 max deals with a bad bench is touch to over come.

Yea that would be very difficult, can’t see Cousins signing for anything less than the max also.

BKLYNpigeon
12-31-2017, 12:04 PM
Cousins won't get traded this year. Pelicans are desperate to make the playoffs and they're actually playing good ball right now.

GREATNESS ONE
12-31-2017, 12:09 PM
They’re .500 in the 8th spot 18-18. If they don’t improve their record and slip in the next month. I can see him beaing traded, instead of letting him walk. Pelicans would be wise to explore all options.

warfelg
12-31-2017, 12:20 PM
Cousins won't get traded this year. Pelicans are desperate to make the playoffs and they're actually playing good ball right now.

The only way I see it happening is if he tells the FO he has no intention of returning no matter the offer and NO (who would be over the cap if he walks anyways IIRC) decides they rather get something back for him than nothing.

I think if he says that and really forces his way out, if I were Washington's GM I would try something like:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc5q4ab3

Throw in a 1st and a 2nd from Washington to New Orleans.

Washington:
Wall - Frazier
Beal - Allen
Porter - Miller
Morris - Scott
Cousins - Smith

New Orleans
Rondo - Nelson
Holiday - Meeks
Ourbe - Cunningham
Davis - Hill
Gortat - Ajinca

Man....New Orleans is very guard heavy aren't they? But I think both teams really benefit in that.

beasted86
12-31-2017, 12:23 PM
If IT can come back and be IT, then I 100% don't want any part of PG. Cousins is the guy you have to go get. Of course if u can get AD instead you do it, but he is the only piece the Cavs are missing.

Wade
Bron
Green
Love
Cousins

They run this lineup and have zero weaknesses and can play any style and your bigger than everyone.

That's a horrible defensive lineup and way too slow. Warriors and Celts run the Cavs out of the gym and bomb numerous 3s while the Cavs have 1 true 3 point shooter on the floor and mostly rely on half court basketball and the FT line.

Mr.B
12-31-2017, 12:24 PM
I read on twitter Cousins may consider Mavs as a free agent. Not sure why. Dirk should retire. Matthews over paid. Barnes meh. Nothing exciting. Cuban should rebuild. Shocked Cousins wouldn't consider pairing with buddy Wall on Wizards if anything.

He’d consider them because they are one of the few teams that can pay him and he’d be the focal point of the offense. Cousins/Barnes/Dennis Smith and a top 5 pick in this draft (Porter?) is not a bad core to have at all.

Personally I don’t want Cousins though. He’s super talented but also a perineal loser. I don’t know if it is because of his attitude or what but his teams always suck.

Mr.B
12-31-2017, 12:27 PM
What I was thinking probably happened was the mavs offered to do the deal straight up and the Lakers asked for a pick to be included and they could not agree, and both teams moved on...they could revisit it, but personally I don't think a deal happens here!

From what I read Nerlens hurting his thumb is what killed the trade. He should be healed by the deadline though so I’d expect these talks to pick up again. I doubt any trade happens but they will likely revisit it.

warfelg
12-31-2017, 12:27 PM
That's a horrible defensive lineup and way too slow. Warriors and Celts run the Cavs out of the gym and bomb numerous 3s while the Cavs have 1 true 3 point shooter on the floor and mostly rely on half court basketball and the FT line.

Agreed. They really need to see if they can shake Nerlens Noel free and get him to wave his NTC.

beasted86
12-31-2017, 12:45 PM
If Memphis is committed to avoiding a rebuild, the move they should try to make happen is go after Faried and take a flier on him. They are a horrible rebounding team.

Then do everything possible to get a scorer like Trae Young in the draft.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-31-2017, 12:54 PM
If Memphis is committed to avoiding a rebuild, the move they should try to make happen is go after Faried and take a flier on him. They are a horrible rebounding team.

Then do everything possible to get a scorer like Trae Young in the draft.

The Grizzlies would have a hard time taking on Faried's deal. They got three guys making over $20M per. Doubt anyone takes on Parsons. Not many other salaries to match for Faried's either. Green is only guy close to Faried's salary. Not sure they deal him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-31-2017, 01:08 PM

beasted86
12-31-2017, 01:14 PM
The Grizzlies would have a hard time taking on Faried's deal. They got three guys making over $20M per. Doubt anyone takes on Parsons. Not many other salaries to match for Faried's either. Green is only guy close to Faried's salary. Not sure they deal him.

They have a lot of expiring and/or 2 year contracts in the 3M to 8M range.

Wright, Ennis, McLemore, Green.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-31-2017, 01:42 PM
Still take like almost three players for one. Also Faried's motor been suspect. He doesn't move the needle. His stock has dropped. Better cheaper options out there.

Tg11
01-01-2018, 04:53 PM
I wonder what is the status of DeAndre Jordan's trade status? I mean from what I have seen and read so far that the teams that are still interested are the Raptors, Cavs, T'Wolves, Bucks and Wizards. I wonder if any other teams have decided to show interest in DJ?

Scoots
01-01-2018, 07:42 PM
I wonder what is the status of DeAndre Jordan's trade status? I mean from what I have seen and read so far that the teams that are still interested are the Raptors, Cavs, T'Wolves, Bucks and Wizards. I wonder if any other teams have decided to show interest in DJ?

I think the issue is what the Clips want in return the teams that want DJ don't want to offer.

Tg11
01-01-2018, 08:22 PM
I think the issue is what the Clips want in return the teams that want DJ don't want to offer.

Fair enough but with the Cavs easily they could offer up Tristan Thompson, Shumpert, 1st round pick and 2nd round pick to get DJ

Raptors could offer up JV, Powell, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and like Poetl to get DeAndre Jordan...if I were Masai I would throw up that package to get DJ I mean it is worth it especially because look at this starting lineup of DeAndre, Lowry, DeRozan, Ibaka and CJ as your line-up

But then the Wizards to get DeAndre...they would have to give up like Gortat, Oubre, 1st and a 2nd rounder to get DeAndre

Scoots
01-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Fair enough but with the Cavs easily they could offer up Tristan Thompson, Shumpert, 1st round pick and 2nd round pick to get DJ

Raptors could offer up JV, Powell, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and like Poetl to get DeAndre Jordan...if I were Masai I would throw up that package to get DJ I mean it is worth it especially because look at this starting lineup of DeAndre, Lowry, DeRozan, Ibaka and CJ as your line-up

But then the Wizards to get DeAndre...they would have to give up like Gortat, Oubre, 1st and a 2nd rounder to get DeAndre

But there you have the issue ... the Cavs probably don't want to let that 1st round pick go.

Tg11
01-01-2018, 09:48 PM
They would be smart to do it and the Cavs can get rid of TT but also TT on the West Coast in LA he would be much closer to Khloe since the 2 of them are having a baby and I am sure she doesn't want to go back and forth

benny01
01-02-2018, 02:39 AM
They would be smart to do it and the Cavs can get rid of TT but also TT on the West Coast in LA he would be much closer to Khloe since the 2 of them are having a baby and I am sure she doesn't want to go back and forth

Jordan isn’t worth it to them. Doesn’t beat golden state.

Heediot
01-02-2018, 08:01 AM
Y'all overselling DJ.

He'll get you a young prospect and a draft pick that's protected and salary filler (solid role/bench guys).

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-04-2018, 11:47 AM

WaDe03
01-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Give me Lou Will on the Cavs for a 1st and filler.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Lou has been a beast.

theducksmuggler
01-04-2018, 07:21 PM
I just wish my 76ers traded for him before he started going off he is on an expiring contract but I would be SHOCKED if he is not traded by the deadline but now the Clippers should be able to get a Lottery protected 1st round pick for him...Im looking forward to see where he ends up getting traded to

kobe4thewinbang
01-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Cavaliers would benefit from Sweet "supersub" Lou, no doubt.

WaDe03
01-04-2018, 08:49 PM
IT/Lou
Wade/Lou
LeBron/Korver
Crowder/Green
Love/TT

Still have the Nets pick if they want to move it.

Legitimate
01-04-2018, 11:44 PM
Cavaliers would benefit from Sweet "supersub" Lou, no doubt.

"superlube" lou williams has always been good off the bench :superman:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Tg11
01-05-2018, 12:41 PM

Then which teams could Schroder benefit from going to? Schroder I could see him fitting on the Raptors and seeing him come off the bench being a part of their 2nd unit because Lord knows they could use a backup PG to Lowry or Schroder I could see him going to the Wizards, T'Wolves, Lakers, Bulls, Grizzlies or even the Kings

Giannis94
01-05-2018, 01:39 PM
"superlube" lou williams has always been good off the bench :superman:

Superlube with Love on the same team? Only makes sense to go get that SF with the Spurs if you're going to go that far.

Scoots
01-05-2018, 01:40 PM
My guess is this all stays quiet for most of January. Just lots of rumors and not much action.

colinskik
01-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Then which teams could Schroder benefit from going to? Schroder I could see him fitting on the Raptors and seeing him come off the bench being a part of their 2nd unit because Lord knows they could use a backup PG to Lowry or Schroder I could see him going to the Wizards, T'Wolves, Lakers, Bulls, Grizzlies or even the Kings

None of those teams make sense for Schroder. He’s not gonna be a backup again and he’s nOt going to steal mins from young guys who are on bad teams.

What about teams like DET or LAC that are in the playoff hunt but have injured/sub par guys at the point? I think they’re two realistic destinations. Also NYK and IND might be in the mix.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-06-2018, 10:49 AM
My guess is this all stays quiet for most of January. Just lots of rumors and not much action.

Couple more bad losses to my Bucks they may pull a trade off. Still need a center or two yet. Mirotic still wants to be traded. Warriors got a bunch of centers. Clippers may hang onto Jordan who knows. Could see the Kings purge the veterans off. So Hill,ZBO,Carter,Koufus could all be gone. Lakers still wanna dump Deng. A lot of cellar dwellers will have to decide if they want top lottery seed or dick around yet. I could see Suns trading expiring Moose yet. Maybe to Lakers? Old report if Hornets below .500 near trade deadline. They try and dump MKG and Batum. Also since they have Howard I could see Zeller shopped.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-06-2018, 11:40 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article192868559.html

Hill has his bags packed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2018, 10:59 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/Woj22002854/nba-trade-deadline-biggest-storylines-potential-deals-watch-adrian-wojnarowski

WOJ mentions Pistons interested in Fournier.

Scoots
01-09-2018, 11:06 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article192868559.html

Hill has his bags packed.

He's never going to find a "home" ... He's good, but no team is going to make him the man and pay him like it and he's doomed to be frustrated.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2018, 11:57 AM
• Market is slow right now. Sellers asking too much, buyers not desperate.
• DeAndre available—Milwaukee trying to get him, but hard to say if they have the assets.
• Detroit, New Orleans, New York & Portland all trying to upgrade their wing.
• Carroll, Burks, Fournier and Bazemore all trade targets.
• Detroit is being extremely aggressive.
• Lakers trying to move Clarkson in season. Clarkson, Randle, Nance all available.
• LA has given up on moving Deng because it would take too much.
• Atlanta trying to unload vets for picks and young players.
• Bulls trying to trade Mirotic. Mirotic very interested in Jazz (and he has a NTC, so he actually has some control)
• Memphis wants a first for Reke but is unlikely to get it
• OKC planning to keep PG.
• New Orleans planning to keep DeMarcus Cousins
• Memphis (for now) planning to keep Gasol.

Per WOJ.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't mind Fournier as the SG on the Cavs for JR but not sure their 1st would get it done. I wonder what SG they could get for their 1st if they don't plan on going all in after Jordan and Lou. I've saw their interested in both Jordan and Lou though so we'll see.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 12:18 PM
My Bucks want Jordan yet.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 12:19 PM
I wonder if Bradley is available on the Pistons after his rape allegations. JR or Shumpert and a 1st for Bradley. Probably not enough.

MygirlhatesCod
01-09-2018, 01:22 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing!

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Pistons also want Mirotic, Bulls want a 1st. Wonder what playoff teams will go after him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2018, 03:06 PM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Blazers also interested in Mirotic now.

GREATNESS ONE
01-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Randle, Deng, 2020 1st round pick to Dallas for Noel, or anything lol

TrueFan420
01-09-2018, 03:38 PM

Litterally no one will take Deng unless Kuz or Ingram are attached

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Litterally no one will take Deng unless Kuz or Ingram are attached

They're saying they'll probably stretch him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2018, 04:33 PM
They're saying they'll probably stretch him.

Yeah I read that as well about stretch provision for Deng eventually. Besides Clarkson,Randle,Nance on trade block.

mrblisterdundee
01-09-2018, 04:47 PM

How about Davis for Love, Zizic, Osman, the Brooklyn pick and the Cavs' first-rounder? Even that seems weak, but it's about the best the Cavaliers can offer. Plus, I think Love would actually fit well next to Cousins, while the Pelicans could add at least a couple young assets.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 05:11 PM
How about Davis for Love, Zizic, Osman, the Brooklyn pick and the Cavs' first-rounder? Even that seems weak, but it's about the best the Cavaliers can offer. Plus, I think Love would actually fit well next to Cousins, while the Pelicans could add at least a couple young assets.

I don't think that'll get you AD but I wonder if Love could get them Cousins then they use the BKN pick on an all star wing or 4

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 05:21 PM
Love for Cousins, a 1st and filler for Mirotic to replace Love. TT Crowder and the Nets pick for PG.

IT/Wade
PG/JR
LeBron/Korver
Mirotic/Green
Cousins/Frye

Not happening lol!

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 05:23 PM
What are some all star or borderline all star wings you guys think could be had with the Nets pick if it's bottom 6 or 7 at the deadline?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Love for Cousins, a 1st and filler for Mirotic to replace Love. TT Crowder and the Nets pick for PG.

IT/Wade
PG/JR
LeBron/Korver
Mirotic/Green
Cousins/Frye

Not happening lol!

Cavs would have to keep one first for next draft. Other wise your breaking the Stepien rule.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-09-2018, 05:32 PM
The Knicks may use the trade market to open a roster spot for G League guard Trey Burke, writes Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders. New York is reportedly in “serious talks” about signing Burke, who has been with the organization’s Westchester affiliate since being waived during the preseason.

The Knicks have a full roster and there is speculation that veteran point guard Ramon Sessions could be waived to clear the way for Burke. However, Kyler says the Knicks have received interest in backup centers Kyle O’Quinn and Willy Hernangomez. They may be able to get a draft pick in return for O’Quinn, but not many teams can take on his $4.08MM salary without sending another player back to New York, which wouldn’t help with signing Burke.

Burke has been outstanding in the G League and has attracted interest from other organizations. According to Kyler, Burke’s representatives have told the Knicks he will consider other offers if they don’t sign him soon. So while there’s not a definite deadline to open a roster spot, there is an incentive to get something done.

Kyler offers info on several other potential deals as the trade deadline draws nearer:

The Jazz would like to get something in return for the expiring contracts of Derrick Favors [$12MM] and Joe Johnson [$10.5MM]. Utah is among the teams linked to Chicago’s Nikola Mirotic, who becomes eligible for a deal Monday. Kyler says the Bulls are willing to make a deal and would be happy to get draft picks and expiring deals in return.

The Magic could be active at the deadline, as sources say they have received inquiries on nearly all their players. They would like to deal guard Evan Fournier, but haven’t received any offers they consider attractive. Despite being a non-contender at 12-28, Orlando isn’t overly interested in draft picks because it already has a lot of young talent and its own pick is likely to fall in the top five. It would take a proven All-Star to land Aaron Gordon, according to Kyler, and the Magic don’t expect to receive that kind of offer. They are also resigned that no one is going to take Bismack Biyombo with two years and $24MM left on his contract.

The Bucks continue to need frontcourt help and might give up Jabari Parker in the right deal. However, with Mirza Teletovic sidelined with blood clots in his lungs, the organization would have difficulty matching a big salary. Sources believe Malcolm Brogdon or Thon Maker would have to be included in any significant trade.

The Lakers may have to deal Larry Nance Jr. as an incentive to get teams to take on other salaries. They would love to get rid of Luol Deng‘s contract, but are finding no options without giving up a hefty package of first-rounders.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/01/kylers-latest-knicks-jazz-magic-bucks-lakers.html
Bucks $5M TPE fits for O'Quinn trade. :clap:

Scoots
01-09-2018, 06:07 PM
What are some all star or borderline all star wings you guys think could be had with the Nets pick if it's bottom 6 or 7 at the deadline?

Currently Brooklyn is 8 and the teams below them are slipping as are a couple teams above them. It would well be 10 by then.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Currently Brooklyn is 8 and the teams below them are slipping as are a couple teams above them. It would well be 10 by then.

You could be right, I feel pretty confident he Bulls will pass them up with Lavines return and I think rhe Grizzlies will when Conley returns. I think the Hornets will finish above them as well.

Scoots
01-09-2018, 06:25 PM
The Warriors are willing to trade (in order of preference)
JaVale (UFA) ... not the sharpest tool in the drawer but supposedly a good guy who works and plays hard.
Looney (UFA) ... high BBIQ and the Warriors best rebounder by a margin, but not likely to ever be able to survive big minutes physically.

I think for everyone else they'd need to get a better player in return and they would be fairly unlikely to have to find a way to make the money work even for a player they like.

mrblisterdundee
01-09-2018, 06:27 PM
I LeBron really wanted to contend, he'd OK a trade to Milwaukee to pair up as the Obi-Wan to Giannis' Anakin.

Scoots
01-09-2018, 06:51 PM
You could be right, I feel pretty confident he Bulls will pass them up with Lavines return and I think rhe Grizzlies will when Conley returns. I think the Hornets will finish above them as well.

Memphis may shut Gasol and Conley down to lay in the solid 1 year tank.

Chicago is actively trying to trade their best assets and finally go all in on the tank.

Charlotte is looking to be a seller in the trade market too to quietly tank.

I have no idea why the Lakers are so bad, other than that they are so young and oddly constructed, but even they are trying to dump salary/assets which likely won't result in them getting better.

Phoenix and the Clippers may go into heavy duty tank mode shortly as well.

It's tough when you are predicting more wins from teams that have more reasons to lose than to win.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Memphis may shut Gasol and Conley down to lay in the solid 1 year tank.

Chicago is actively trying to trade their best assets and finally go all in on the tank.

Charlotte is looking to be a seller in the trade market too to quietly tank.

I have no idea why the Lakers are so bad, other than that they are so young and oddly constructed, but even they are trying to dump salary/assets which likely won't result in them getting better.

Phoenix and the Clippers may go into heavy duty tank mode shortly as well.

It's tough when you are predicting more wins from teams that have more reasons to lose than to win.

Have the Grizzlies talked about that?

Yea it's definitely hard to predict what will happen. Just need things in favor at the deadline and whatever happens after that happens. Bulls and the Hornets should have their guys until the deadline so that will help. The Clippers and Jazz should stay above the Nets. Hopefully the Suns do. Need these teams to surge a little until the deadline, you know the teams want these guys to look good to increase trade value.

Jamiecballer
01-09-2018, 07:05 PM
They're saying they'll probably stretch him.They can make him 7'2 it still won't help them trade him.

Oh nevermind I think I misinderstood lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Scoots
01-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Have the Grizzlies talked about that?

Yea it's definitely hard to predict what will happen. Just need things in favor at the deadline and whatever happens after that happens. Bulls and the Hornets should have their guys until the deadline so that will help. The Clippers and Jazz should stay above the Nets. Hopefully the Suns do. Need these teams to surge a little until the deadline, you know the teams want these guys to look good to increase trade value.

Yeah, but the teams doing the trading are going to know more about this stuff than we do. They are going to know who the sellers in the market are and they are going to know the way records are likely to go. Sure the fan perspective matters at the time of the trade but the true value of the trade is based on the final ranking.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Yeah, but the teams doing the trading are going to know more about this stuff than we do. They are going to know who the sellers in the market are and they are going to know the way records are likely to go. Sure the fan perspective matters at the time of the trade but the true value of the trade is based on the final ranking.

Yea they'll definitely have the inside scoop but maybe they say screw it and take a gamble if they're 5th or 6th. I mean I can't imagine the Clippers, Grizzlies, Pelicans or whoever getting better offers for their pieces unless the Celtics want to trade the Lakers pick.

WaDe03
01-09-2018, 09:25 PM
They can make him 7'2 it still won't help them trade him.

Oh nevermind I think I misinderstood lol

Lmao!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2018, 09:03 AM
I LeBron really wanted to contend, he'd OK a trade to Milwaukee to pair up as the Obi-Wan to Giannis' Anakin.

Giannis already said he'd pick LeBron for All Star game with first pick if Giannis is captain. Giannis wants to be on LeBron's good side and try and recruit him as a free agent. Bucks have no cap but who knows.

WaDe03
01-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Giannis already said he'd pick LeBron for All Star game with first pick if Giannis is captain. Giannis wants to be on LeBron's good side and try and recruit him as a free agent. Bucks have no cap but who knows.

How are you getting him with no cap lol

Scoots
01-10-2018, 10:58 AM

LeBron is so desperate to play with Maker that he'll take the vet minimum.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2018, 11:07 AM

I said we have no cap. Maybe we land Jordan and use him as a rental? Telly maybe retiring since blood clots in his longs. So that's another $10M+ off the books. Bucks may consider trading Parker in a big trade. Heck Gilbert may take on Parker,Middleton,Brogdon,Maker sign and trade of LeBron if that's what he wants. I says LeBron stays with Cavs though or the east for sure. Bucks do have Bledsoe and Delly. LeBron's buddies. I guess its possible if we traded Brogdon,Maker,2022 first and Henson,Snell,Telly for Jordan,Lou.

That's $29M expiring's. Bucks do have two teams that probably jump at Parker. Bulls and Jazz. Jazz have a ton of expiring deals. LeBron is a pipe dream though. Bucks are the next exciting east team for LeBron. 76ers could of been if Embiid can play 60+ games a season and last till playoffs. But a big risk for LeBron to bolt Cleveland then if Embiid got injured. Man LeBron be pissed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2018, 11:19 AM
“So we can have a good relationship for the free agency. You never know, he might come play here.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/giannis-antetokounmpo-reveals-pick-first-star-game-214602337.html

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Giannis94
01-10-2018, 12:17 PM
I said we have no cap. Maybe we land Jordan and use him as a rental? Telly maybe retiring since blood clots in his longs. So that's another $10M+ off the books. Bucks may consider trading Parker in a big trade. Heck Gilbert may take on Parker,Middleton,Brogdon,Maker sign and trade of LeBron if that's what he wants. I says LeBron stays with Cavs though or the east for sure. Bucks do have Bledsoe and Delly. LeBron's buddies. I guess its possible if we traded Brogdon,Maker,2022 first and Henson,Snell,Telly for Jordan,Lou.

That's $29M expiring's. Bucks do have two teams that probably jump at Parker. Bulls and Jazz. Jazz have a ton of expiring deals. LeBron is a pipe dream though. Bucks are the next exciting east team for LeBron. 76ers could of been if Embiid can play 60+ games a season and last till playoffs. But a big risk for LeBron to bolt Cleveland then if Embiid got injured. Man LeBron be pissed.

I have been saying that LeBron will be a buck for a while. And we won't need to bring in Donny to make us great again if we get him

WaDe03
01-10-2018, 12:18 PM
You aren't getting LeGoat

Scoots
01-10-2018, 03:11 PM
The Jazz have been dangling Favors quietly for 3 years.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2018, 03:49 PM
The Jazz have been dangling Favors quietly for 3 years.

Seems he's the piece in the Mirotic rumors. Not sure for a even swap? Bulls want a first. Bulls probably got Rolo on trade block as well. Maybe even Portis.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2018, 03:55 PM
You aren't getting LeGoat

I'm sure LeBron would be tempted. He probably just doesn't want to be the bad guy leaving Cleveland again though. Its mainly salary dumping 3 of any 4 of Snell,Delly,Henson and Telly maybe retiring. Clippers already asked for Henson as a salary filler in a Jordan trade. But they want any of Middleton, Brogdon, Parker as the main piece.

But with Blake back Clippers may have Jordan off the table now. Lou maybe shopped yet for a late first. Doubt LeBron follows Irving to Celtics with their spiff. Also Celtics capped out any way. 76ers are a risk but have the cap to sign LeBron as a free agent. Wizards have no cap. Raptors have no cap. Would need salary dump trades like my Bucks or a sign and trade.

Expert327
01-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Hassan Whiteside and Justise Winslow for Marc Gasol and Mario Chalmers?

Mr.B
01-10-2018, 05:35 PM

Brandon Ingram/2020 1st (unprotected)/Deng to Dallas for Nerlens.

Giannis94
01-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Brandon Ingram/2020 1st (unprotected)/Deng to Dallas for Nerlens.

I don't see Lal dealing another unprotected first after getting waxed this year. And dies anyone know the magic pick, is that unprotected too?

Vinylman
01-11-2018, 07:55 AM
I don't see Lal dealing another unprotected first after getting waxed this year. And dies anyone know the magic pick, is that unprotected too?

what magic pick? if you are talking about the pick the lakers gave them in the D12 deal that has been converted to a 2nd rounder

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Lakers probably stretch Deng after the season is over.

Heediot
01-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Like Wade03 said. Cleveland should go after a package of DJ and Lou. Lou is giving GS nightmares this season and could be an ex-factor for them in a series. Jordan will help on defense. That BK pick for those two is relatively steep, so I don't know how cavs and their fans feel about that. TT JR and the BK for DJ and Lou.

Vee-Rex
01-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Like Wade03 said. Cleveland should go after a package of DJ and Lou. Lou is giving GS nightmares this season and could be an ex-factor for them in a series. Jordan will help on defense. That BK pick for those two is relatively steep, so I don't know how cavs and their fans feel about that. TT JR and the BK for DJ and Lou.

I'd pull the trigger. Gimme DJ + Lou for TT, JR (or Shump), Zizic, and the Nets pick. Or the Clips can have Crowder if they want.

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 11:31 AM

Clears cap with expiring deals but I'm sure they would want to keep both Lou and Jordan. If LeBron leaves go all in to keep IT Jordan and Lou.

IT
Lou
Crowder
Love
Jordan

That's the best team in the East if LeBron goes West.

Vee-Rex
01-11-2018, 11:32 AM
IT/Lou
Wade/Smith
Bron/Korver
Love/Crowder
Jordan/Green

Can run Love at the 5 (since they seem to love it so much) with the backups or run some Frye there too. Can mix and match in so many different ways.

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 11:35 AM
IT/Lou
Wade/Smith
Bron/Korver
Love/Crowder
Jordan/Green

Can run Love at the 5 (since they seem to love it so much) with the backups or run some Frye there too. Can mix and match in so many different ways.

In terms of centers Jordan is probably last I want out of Cousins, Whiteside, Jordan, and Gasol. Adding Lou as well though bumps it to 2nd for me though behind Cousins.

A dark horse trade I like is the pick TT and JR/Shump for Whiteside and Ellington who has been on fire from what I've seen. I'm seeing the Heat are going to be very aggressive at the deadline too.

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 11:42 AM
Plus Riley refuses to tank so this gives him a high pick to go with the rest of the young guys

Trae Young
Tyler Johnson
JRich (been killing lately)
Winslow
Bam

Pretty solid and the potential is high for all of them, especially Trae, JRich, and Bam. I'm on the fence about Winslow but I still think he's a work in progress and could be an all star one day.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Maybe Bulls want him part of the Mirotic trade.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-11-2018, 12:25 PM

RateSports
01-11-2018, 01:17 PM
Cavs 3-Team Trade Idea

Tristan – LAC
Nets 1st Pick – LAC

Shumpert – MEM
Rose – MEM
Cavs 1st Pick – MEM

DeAndre – CLE
Tyreke – CLE
McLemore – CLE

This gives Memphis their 1st round pick and proper compensation for DJ (who will bolt in FA anyway). Meanwhile the Cavs improve their wing defense, get a solid 2 guard that can replace JR in the starting lineup and an All Star Center to lock down the paint.

Vinylman
01-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Cavs 3-Team Trade Idea

Tristan – LAC
Nets 1st Pick – LAC

Shumpert – MEM
Rose – MEM
Cavs 1st Pick – MEM

DeAndre – CLE
Tyreke – CLE
McLemore – CLE

This gives Memphis their 1st round pick and proper compensation for DJ (who will bolt in FA anyway). Meanwhile the Cavs improve their wing defense, get a solid 2 guard that can replace JR in the starting lineup and an All Star Center to lock down the paint.

Cleveland would have to get another pick for 2018 as they have already traded their 2019 pick

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 02:19 PM

A couple low asking price guys who could give a spark to a contender.

Also if you don't follow this guy, I recommend it. He'll have a story and update on all the news.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-11-2018, 02:30 PM

A couple low asking price guys who could give a spark to a contender.

Also if you don't follow this guy, I recommend it. He'll have a story and update on all the news.

Ahh ya beat me to it. I posted this in Bucks forum first though.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/hawks-set-asking-price-on-belinelli-and-ilyasova/

Hawks asking for second round picks for each of Belinelli and Ersan. Wish my Bucks got Dedmon. Hes injured but should be back in a couple weeks. Him or O'Quinn for buy low bigs on the cheap. That's if Clippers hold firm on being greedy in Jordan trades.

WaDe03
01-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Ahh ya beat me to it. I posted this in Bucks forum first though.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/hawks-set-asking-price-on-belinelli-and-ilyasova/

Hawks asking for second round picks for each of Belinelli and Ersan. Wish my Bucks got Dedmon. Hes injured but should be back in a couple weeks. Him or O'Quinn for buy low bigs on the cheap. That's if Clippers hold firm on being greedy in Jordan trades.

Nah I posted it first everywhere.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 11:07 AM

Stanley Johnson also on the block.

If the Cavs are willing to trade TT I would assume they want to package the Nets pick with him.

Go after Cousins.

Go after DJ and Lou.

If you can't get anything done there go after Whiteside and Ellington.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Ok just read the TT story. They want PG or Cousins but don't think they'll be traded so they want to package TT for DJ. They'll have to use the Nets pick if that's the case. Hope they can work in Lou

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-12-2018, 11:37 AM
Thompson contract is very bad. Shocked Clippers would consider it. Nets pick still at #8.

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Thompson contract is very bad. Shocked Clippers would consider it. Nets pick still at #8.

Nets pick very close to being bottom 5 too though.

beasted86
01-12-2018, 11:56 AM
In terms of centers Jordan is probably last I want out of Cousins, Whiteside, Jordan, and Gasol. Adding Lou as well though bumps it to 2nd for me though behind Cousins.

A dark horse trade I like is the pick TT and JR/Shump for Whiteside and Ellington who has been on fire from what I've seen. I'm seeing the Heat are going to be very aggressive at the deadline too.
GTFOH with that lopsided garbage. Bam and Olynk are already ahead of TT in impact and skill, and Ellington has been the catalyst for the HEAT's rise in the standings since the horribly inefficient Waiters has been out.

Riley laughs at that trade even with the Nets pick attached.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 12:02 PM
GTFOH with that lopsided garbage. Bam and Olynk are already ahead of TT in impact and skill, and Ellington has been the catalyst for the HEAT's rise in the standings since the horribly inefficient Waiters has been out.

Riley laughs at that trade even with the Nets pick attached.

Hahaha you all would be dumb as hell to say no. TT basically just filler. Riley should've tanked the second Wade left but now you're capped out with role players. You all don't even play Whiteside as much as you should.

Trae Young
TJ
JRich
Winslow
Bam

Looks pretty solid going forward. Always a chance of getting Bagley, Porter JR, Doncic, Ayton etc depending on where the pick falls. Riley can laugh at this deal while we all laugh at the Waiters, Kelly, JJ and TJ contracts!

beasted86
01-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Hahaha you all would be dumb as hell to say no. TT basically just filler. Riley should've tanked the second Wade left but now you're capped out with role players. You all don't even play Whiteside as much as you should.

Trae Young
TJ
JRich
Winslow
Bam

Looks pretty solid going forward. Always a chance of getting Bagley, Porter JR, Doncic, Ayton etc depending on where the pick falls. Riley can laugh at this deal while we all laugh at the Waiters, Kelly, JJ and TJ contracts!

With these role players Miami is 2 games behind your Cavs. Explain how this makes sense?

Miami needs a go to scorer to try and make noise, not a rebuild at this point. They should be looking to convert the role players into a star, not into worse role players and a risky gamble on 1 rookie.

They are saturated with so many 3-4 year deals a rebuild makes absolutely no sense. Your supposed "mini rebuild" puts 100 faith in whatever rookie they draft to be their go to scorer near immediately.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Thompson's contract is horrible. Down right negative value trade piece. Shumpert is horrible. Smith contract is bad. Not much for Cavs trade assets. Nets pick is #8. Also its only a top heavy draft if all the kids come out. If some stay this draft is lame. Also other teams after #8 will be sellers soon enough.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 12:28 PM
With these role players Miami is 2 games behind your Cavs. Explain how this makes sense?

Miami needs a go to scorer to try and make noise, not a rebuild at this point. They should be looking to convert the role players into a star, not into worse role players and a risky gamble on 1 rookie.

They are saturated with so many 3-4 year deals a rebuild makes absolutely no sense. Your supposed "mini rebuild" puts 100 faith in whatever rookie they draft to be their go to scorer near immediately.

Only difference is the Heat are playing their best while the Cavs can't get any worse. Good luck

Jamiecballer
01-12-2018, 12:41 PM
I'm sure LeBron would be tempted. He probably just doesn't want to be the bad guy leaving Cleveland again though. Its mainly salary dumping 3 of any 4 of Snell,Delly,Henson and Telly maybe retiring. Clippers already asked for Henson as a salary filler in a Jordan trade. But they want any of Middleton, Brogdon, Parker as the main piece.

But with Blake back Clippers may have Jordan off the table now. Lou maybe shopped yet for a late first. Doubt LeBron follows Irving to Celtics with their spiff. Also Celtics capped out any way. 76ers are a risk but have the cap to sign LeBron as a free agent. Wizards have no cap. Raptors have no cap. Would need salary dump trades like my Bucks or a sign and trade.What is there to be tempted by in Milwaukee for LBJ, with all due respect?

Giannis? That's not enough. And even if one really great piece was enough I'm not sure James would go somewhere where that piece thrived in a similar type of role to his own. He's not going to go somewhere that is going to accelerate the inevitable transition from goat player to just a really good one (at least in the eyes of the public)

Giannis94
01-12-2018, 12:53 PM
What is there to be tempted by in Milwaukee for LJ, with all due respect?

Giannis? That's not enough. And even if one really great piece was enough I'm not sure James would go somewhere where that piece thrived in a similar type of role to his own. He's not going to go somewhere that is going to accelerate the inevitable transition from goat player to just a really good one (at least in the eyes of the public)

Giannis will be the best player that Lebron has ever played with. giannis probabl will allow lebron to be the alpha.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Thompson's contract is horrible. Down right negative value trade piece. Shumpert is horrible. Smith contract is bad. Not much for Cavs trade assets. Nets pick is #8. Also its only a top heavy draft if all the kids come out. If some stay this draft is lame. Also other teams after #8 will be sellers soon enough.

You're clinging to hope that the pick will be 8 or worse lol!

Bagley
Doncic
Porter
Ayton
Young
Sexton
Bamba
Jaren Jackson
Bridges
Etc

There are a lot of good prospects this year. The pick is very valuable.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Giannis will be the best player that Lebron has ever played with. giannis probabl will allow lebron to be the alpha.

He's not better than prime Wade at all

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 12:56 PM
2011 Wade is easily the best player LeBron has played with and it's not even close.

Giannis94
01-12-2018, 12:57 PM
2011 Wade is easily the best player LeBron has played with and it's not even close.

Stop trolling. I'm not allowed to talk about other teams and players. So I will keep it at that.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-12-2018, 12:57 PM
What is there to be tempted by in Milwaukee for LJ, with all due respect?

Bledsoe, Middleton, Parker, LeBron, Giannis need I say more? Giannis/LeBron combo be scoring 60 combined a night any way. Rest is icing on the cake. Cavs are old now. Its showing. Love is meh. Dead weight contracts in Thompson, Smith, Shumpert IT be UFA. Wade will following LeBron where ever.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Stop trolling. I'm not allowed to talk about other teams and players. So I will keep it at that.

Lmao you're the only 1 trolling here

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Bledsoe, Middleton, Parker, LeBron, Giannis need I say more? Giannis/LeBron combo be scoring 60 combined a night any way. Rest is icing on the cake. Cavs are old now. Its showing. Love is meh. Dead weight contracts in Thompson, Smith, Shumpert IT be UFA. Wade will following LeBron where ever.

You do need to say more because there's literally no way you get LeBron and keep Bledsoe Middleton Parker and Giannis

warfelg
01-12-2018, 01:03 PM

I bet Parker Middleton and Bledsoe would have to go to make it work. So....

Giannis94
01-12-2018, 01:07 PM
I bet Parker Middleton and Bledsoe would have to go to make it work. So....

or can deal broggy Thon Jabari Telly henson and delly #rocketscience

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-12-2018, 01:07 PM
You're clinging to hope that the pick will be 8 or worse lol!

Bagley
Doncic
Porter
Ayton
Young
Sexton
Bamba
Jaren Jackson
Bridges
Etc

There are a lot of good prospects this year. The pick is very valuable.

Nets wont be sellers though. Other teams #9-#12 could be. Hornets already said they'd sell off Batum and MKG if not .500 at trade deadline.

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league Anything can happen till February 8. Teams like Suns, Knicks, Clippers, Hornets, Jazz, Pelicans been linked in trade rumors. They all after #8. So they can easily leap frog Nets for losses if they become sellers at trade deadline. Nets pick is only good in the lottery if ya get a lucky bounce. Also that's if all them kids come out. Once one of them kids hear they aren't top 3 they be crying and wait another year.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 01:10 PM
or can deal broggy Thon Jabari Telly henson and delly #rocketscience

That's the thing.....those guys would have to be attached in order to move Telly Delly and Henson

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Nets wont be sellers though. Other teams #9-#12 could be. Hornets already said they'd sell off Batum and MKG if not .500 at trade deadline.

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/group/league Anything can happen till February 8. Teams like Suns, Knicks, Clippers, Hornets, Jazz, Pelicans been linked in trade rumors. They all after #8. So they can easily leap frog Nets for losses if they become sellers at trade deadline. Nets pick is only good in the lottery if ya get a lucky bounce. Also that's if all them kids come out. Once one of them kids hear they aren't top 3 they be crying and wait another year.

You're grasping at straws here. I guarantee the Nets finish in the bottom 7

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-12-2018, 01:13 PM
You're grasping at straws here. I guarantee the Nets finish in the bottom 7

As a lucky bounce for ping pong balls? Doubt they fall in actual games played prior. They have Russell back yet? Haven't paid much attention to Nets injuries. On twitter said Lin wont be back.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 01:17 PM
As a lucky bounce for ping pong balls? Doubt they fall in actual games played prior. They have Russell back yet? Haven't paid much attention to Nets injuries. On twitter said Lin wont be back.

I'm not talking about the lottery at all I'm talking their record will be bottom 7. Russell coming back might actually help them lose more. Dinwiddie has been killing.

RCarlson85
01-12-2018, 01:21 PM

If the Cavs are willing to trade TT I would assume they want to package the Nets pick with him.

Go after Cousins.

Go after DJ and Lou.

Why in the hell would the Heat want TT and his bad contract? He's not that good, especially for that price. If they're going to make a trade they'll trade for someone that actually makes them better.

Jamiecballer
01-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Giannis will be the best player that Lebron has ever played with. giannis probabl will allow lebron to be the alpha.Maybe.

And your second statement isn't necessarily what LeBron would want which is exactly my point. When he's coming down the mountain he would be wise to pair with someone who doesn't minimize their own contribution to allow LBJ to make his own.

RCarlson85
01-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Trae Young
TJ
JRich
Winslow
Bam

$18 million/yr worth of filler and not even someone that would start for the Heat. It's not like his deal is expiring either, he still has 2 years left. 0% chance Riley does a deal involving any of Cleveland's bad contracts.

RCarlson85
01-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Only difference is the Heat are playing their best while the Cavs can't get any worse. Good luck

Nah, the Heat only started playing better in the last couple of weeks and before that they were .500. It only took 2 weeks of improved play to be right on Cleveland's ***. The Cavs clearly have issues but it's not like they've been bad all year.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Why in the hell would the Heat want TT and his bad contract? He's not that good, especially for that price. If they're going to make a trade they'll trade for someone that actually makes them better.

To get a great pick. You all have multiple guys making ridiculous money that don't start so that's a bad excuse.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Nah, the Heat only started playing better in the last couple of weeks and before that they were .500. It only took 2 weeks of improved play to be right on Cleveland's ***. The Cavs clearly have issues but it's not like they've been bad all year.

Haha well we will see how far that gets you. My guess is not very far at all.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 01:32 PM
It would be hilarious though if you all got TT. I know for a fact when he would be busting his *** and getting rebounds you all would be preaching that "Heat culture" BS like he hasn't been doing it his whole career haha!

Bowman53
01-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Go after Cousins.

Go after DJ and Lou.

Another nba career wrecked by a Kardashian.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't be mad at the Cavs throwing a 2nd for Ilyasova or Belineli if they move multiple pieces in a big deal.

Giannis94
01-12-2018, 02:12 PM
That's the thing.....those guys would have to be attached in order to move Telly Delly and Henson

And I am completely fine attaching those guys in a sign and trade for LBJ, PG, or DMC.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 02:15 PM
And I am completely fine attaching those guys in a sign and trade for LBJ, PG, or DMC.

Not happening lol

Giannis94
01-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Not happening lol

Why not? I mean unless the NBA vetos the deals because it would put a team aside from GSW, CLE, BOS in a positon to dominate the league for years.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Why not? I mean unless the NBA vetos the deals because it would put a team aside from GSW, CLE, BOS in a positon to dominate the league for years.

Because none of those teams are going to agree to the deal.

Giannis94
01-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Because none of those teams are going to agree to the deal.

So you're telling me that NO, CLE, OKC would turn down Parker, Broggy, Henson, and Telly for DMC or PG at FA if either one of those players said they wanted to play for the Bucks and would sign with them regardless assuming another team takes on those guys for salary?

I don't think so.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 02:24 PM
So you're telling me that NO, CLE, OKC would turn down Parker, Broggy, Henson, and Telly for DMC or PG at FA if either one of those players said they wanted to play for the Bucks and would sign with them regardless assuming another team takes on those guys for salary?

I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure sign and trade can only be 1 player per team in the deal or am I wrong?

Giannis94
01-12-2018, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty sure sign and trade can only be 1 player per team in the deal or am I wrong?

I'm talking doing it indivudally. Bucks with one of those teams.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 02:31 PM
I'm talking doing it indivudally. Bucks with one of those teams.

Yea but in a sign and trade wouldn't it have to be 1 player for 1 player only? I don't think you can trade Parker Brogden and Delly in a sign and trade for PG. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Mr.B
01-12-2018, 02:34 PM
https://twitter.com/c_cavaliersnews/status/951751132484837376

If I’m the Mavs I’d ask for the Cavs 1st round pick.

RCarlson85
01-12-2018, 02:38 PM
To get a great pick. You all have multiple guys making ridiculous money that don't start so that's a bad excuse.

No, as others have already said the Nets pick isn't going to be as great as everyone thought it would be. If it's a pick in the 7-10 range you're not going to get a franchise changing player so it's not worth taking on TT's terrible contract to get it.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 02:42 PM
No, as others have already said the Nets pick isn't going to be as great as everyone thought it would be. If it's a pick in the 7-10 range you're not going to get a franchise changing player so it's not worth taking on TT's terrible contract to get it.

It'll be worth a borderline all star though (Whiteside/DJ). I bet it falls into the top 5.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Yea but in a sign and trade wouldn't it have to be 1 player for 1 player only? I don't think you can trade Parker Brogden and Delly in a sign and trade for PG. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Jennings was a sign and trade for Knight,Middleton.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 02:43 PM
https://twitter.com/c_cavaliersnews/status/951751132484837376

If I’m the Mavs I’d ask for the Cavs 1st round pick.

Not sure how true that is but what would you take for Matthews and Noel?

RCarlson85
01-12-2018, 02:45 PM
It'll be worth a borderline all star though (Whiteside/DJ). I bet it falls into the top 5.

If it was just a matter of Whiteside for the Nets pick straight up then I would be interested. I don't want any part of taking on bad contracts though.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 02:51 PM
If it was just a matter of Whiteside for the Nets pick straight up then I would be interested. I don't want any part of taking on bad contracts though.

You all already have quite a few so I guess I understand but how bad would it really hurt you all to take him for 2 years? You're stuck in the middle right now, might as well get all the young talent you can and build.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 02:52 PM
Jennings was a sign and trade for Knight,Middleton.

Maybe the team sending out the player in a sign and trade can only send out that 1 player then

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-12-2018, 02:54 PM
Maybe the team sending out the player in a sign and trade can only send out that 1 player then

Yeah possibly the guy signed is solo. Or have side trades with same team or use TPE's. I was hoping Bucks use the $5M Hibbert TPE for Knicks O'Quinn. Then they open a roster spot for Trey Burkes.

beasted86
01-12-2018, 04:08 PM

How are they playing their best when this same team went 30-11 to finish last season and half the starting lineup has missed double digit games?

beasted86
01-12-2018, 04:13 PM
The problem is that you're sadly mistaken on the concept.

Yes, a top 5 (supposedly) pick is worth those players.....BUT...... not when you're also asking the teams to take back underperforming players with multiple years left who are overpaid.

Instead that top 5 pick ends up looking like a 16th pick in the draft in total value gained.

But yes, if you could give the Clippers a top 5 pick for Jordan without taking a long term contract they grab that and run.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 04:14 PM
How are they playing their best when this same team went 30-11 to finish last season and half the starting lineup has missed double digit games?

Because the 2nd half of last season was a fluke

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 04:16 PM
The problem is that you're sadly mistaken on the concept.

Yes, a top 5 (supposedly) pick is worth those players.....BUT...... not when you're also asking the teams to take back underperforming players with multiple years left who are overpaid.

Instead that top 5 pick ends up looking like a 16th pick in the draft in total value gained.

But yes, if you could give the Clippers a top 5 pick for Jordan without taking a long term contract they grab that and run.

You could be right but chances are if you're trading your star for the pick then you have no problem taking on a contract for a couple years because you're more than likely going through a full or mini rebuild. There's some top tier star potential in this draft.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Only decent contracts Cavs have is expiring IT and Frye. Nets pick at #8 isn't sexy the way it stands. Then dump in negative pieces like Thompson and Shumpert for Jordan. Clippers have to be koo koo for coca coca puffs to accept that junk. Unless Clippers dump dead weight Rivers back to ya. I wouldn't be shocked Clippers hang onto Jordan. Cavs may have to go after cheaper options like Dedmon or O'Quinn or Noel.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 04:36 PM
The pick will be top 5 but it's hilarious you all don't think it's a good pick if it's at 8. I encourage you to do some research on the players coming out.

Scoots
01-12-2018, 04:40 PM
The pick will be top 5 but it's hilarious you all don't think it's a good pick if it's at 8. I encourage you to do some research on the players coming out.

Top 4 is very good in this draft ... #8ish not so much. But either way, will the Cavs spend their best asset to improve after LeBron leaves just to try to get him to stay is the biggest question.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Who cares if its 5 or 8 if ya have to eat dead weight with it as in Thompson or Smith or Shumpert. Dead weight makes the whole deal negative from the get go. Thompson alone ya should get a first just to take the over paid bum. Yeah I could see on draft night that pick traded if top 5 locked in. Not right now. But Cavs need help right now. Thompson's contract is just about as bad as Rockets Anderson's. Another win or so from Nets that pick is #9 or #10 pretty quickly here in a tight race. Also like I said prior teams after them may be sellers soon enough.

GREATNESS ONE
01-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Lebron is leaving.

RCarlson85
01-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Because the 2nd half of last season was a fluke

Not sure how a 41 game stretch and half a season is a fluke. It's not like they got hot for only a week or two. They had the 2nd best record in the 2nd half of last season after the Warriors I believe.

Mr.B
01-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Not sure how true that is but what would you take for Matthews and Noel?

From what I’ve heard Dallas is wanting the Nets pick. So I could see JR Smith/Thompson/Nets pick for Wes/Nerlens.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Who cares if its 5 or 8 if ya have to eat dead weight with it as in Thompson or Smith or Shumpert. Dead weight makes the whole deal negative from the get go. Thompson alone ya should get a first just to take the over paid bum. Yeah I could see on draft night that pick traded if top 5 locked in. Not right now. But Cavs need help right now. Thompson's contract is just about as bad as Rockets Anderson's. Another win or so from Nets that pick is #9 or #10 pretty quickly here in a tight race. Also like I said prior teams after them may be sellers soon enough.

Holy **** you are clueless

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 05:25 PM
From what I’ve heard Dallas is wanting the Nets pick. So I could see JR Smith/Thompson/Nets pick for Wes/Nerlens.

Damn lol not a chance in hell if that's what they want! I thought maybe Clevelands first is what you were talking about.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Not sure how a 41 game stretch and half a season is a fluke. It's not like they got hot for only a week or two. They had the 2nd best record in the 2nd half of last season after the Warriors I believe.

We'll see what happens then, the loss of Weighters may have made you all better.

Mr.B
01-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Damn lol not a chance in hell if that's what they want! I thought maybe Clevelands first is what you were talking about.

That depends on how much value the Cavs are putting on adding a good 3/D player and a young rim protector. Not to mention how bad do they want to dump those two contracts. Also that’s Nets pick likely falls somewhere between 8-12.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 05:34 PM
That depends on how much value the Cavs are putting on adding a good 3/D player and a young rim protector. Not to mention how bad do they want to dump those two contracts. Also that’s Nets pick likely falls somewhere between 8-12.

Well if it's cap relief they really want them maybe but I can't see that being the case because I'm still not sure that frees up any money for this summer. I guess we'll see but that seems very, very doubtful. I'm seeing if they move the Nets pick they want it to be for PG or Cousins who they say aren't available at the moment.

GREATNESS ONE
01-12-2018, 06:00 PM

1st round pick, could be next year. Randle for whatever salary filler you got, 100% won’t get Ingram though. The kid is going to be a star.

GREATNESS ONE
01-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Cleveland would be fools to trade future assets for a run this year that the Warriors will Win. Lebron is walking 100%

beasted86
01-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Spot on. Those Cavs players are trash and eat 1/3 of your cap for two bums. They aren't players who you can reflip easily for a future 2nd. They're total dead weight.

Except you're the clueless schmuck.

beasted86
01-12-2018, 06:41 PM
You could be right but chances are if you're trading your star for the pick then you have no problem taking on a contract for a couple years because you're more than likely going through a full or mini rebuild. There's some top tier star potential in this draft.

I think you're trying to convince yourself at this point.

If the team can get a star and keep their cap number smaller in the process, why would they be trying to trade the pick rather than extend the dynasty?

Fact is they overplayed their hand. At the start of the season when it seemed they could have top 3 pick to look forward to they wanted to keep the pick at all costs. Now as its floating towards the 10th overall they are trying to salvage the value.

Without Griffin running the ship I expect the Cavs to continue to trend towards mediocre.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Spot on. Those Cavs players are trash and eat 1/3 of your cap for two bums. They aren't players who you can reflip easily for a future 2nd. They're total dead weight.

Whoever trades for the Nets pick is going into a rebuild of some sort. Those contracts will not hurt you at all.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 06:44 PM
We'll see what happens. People tried to dog me on what I said it would take the Celtics to get Kyrie from the Cavs and then that was the exact trade except I didn't say Zizic.

This is a very fun time of the year with all the speculation and deadline approaching.

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Is Gobert untouchable? If they play their cards right they could land a nice mix of young guys to pair with Mitchell.

1 of Bagley/Doncic/Porter to go with 1 of Trae/Ayton/Bamaba/Sexton might even be able to pair Porter with Doncic or Bagley if he falls due to injury.

GREATNESS ONE
01-12-2018, 07:36 PM
We'll see what happens. People tried to dog me on what I said it would take the Celtics to get Kyrie from the Cavs and then that was the exact trade except I didn't say Zizic.

This is a very fun time of the year with all the speculation and deadline approaching.

I heard on the radio 2 weeks before about the Kyrie trade to the Celtics and why it made sense, I completely agreed. Saw it coming since then but I don't think Cle will trade the Nets pick, especially w/ Gilbert knowing Bron probably won't stay.

Giannis94
01-12-2018, 07:40 PM
The cavs have very few desirable assets that are not fa's after the year. Crowder, nets pick, and love. When's love's deal expire? After the following year?

Giannis94
01-12-2018, 07:42 PM

United we stand. With MHL.

I'm Giannis94. And I approve this message. Let's make PSD Great again and tell your moderator that you want me as super moderator

Jamiecballer
01-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Jennings was a sign and trade for Knight,Middleton.Did I just read you guys got Middleton for Brandon where are you now Jennings

KobeOwnSU
01-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Lopez, KCP for Thompson, Korver, Nets pick, Cavs pick.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 08:01 PM
Lopez, KCP for Thompson, Korver, Nets pick, Cavs pick.

Lmao!

WaDe03
01-12-2018, 08:04 PM
I heard on the radio 2 weeks before about the Kyrie trade to the Celtics and why it made sense, I completely agreed. Saw it coming since then but I don't think Cle will trade the Nets pick, especially w/ Gilbert knowing Bron probably won't stay.

LeBron kind of has them handicapped in a way but regardless if I'm the Cavs I trade it. Let's say you get DJ and Lou in a deal and LeBron leaves.

IT
Lou
Crowder
Love
DJ

That's arguably the best team in the East if LeBron goes West. You can still have a really competitive team. Plus you take a championship over any pick. They have 1 in like 50 years and it's not guarantee this player turns out to be a star. I would just do what I could to make LeBron happy, if he wants the pick keep it, if he wants more help trade it.

KobeOwnSU
01-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Lmao!You're right, Lakers giving too much for those whack *** contracts.

RCarlson85
01-12-2018, 11:59 PM
We'll see what happens then, the loss of Weighters may have made you all better.

The loss of an injured Waiters helps this year because he wasn't himself but he was good for the Heat last year when he was healthy during their 30-11 stretch.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-13-2018, 08:14 AM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-13-2018, 08:16 AM

Yet your the one bopping your bologna over #8 pick in a top heavy draft.

Heediot
01-13-2018, 09:29 AM

Wow people will do anything for hits.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-13-2018, 09:30 AM
Yeah that Scotto tweet gave me a chuckle. I almost wasn't gonna post it.

WaDe03
01-13-2018, 12:56 PM
Yet your the one bopping your bologna over #8 pick in a top heavy draft.

You just haven't done your research.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-13-2018, 04:01 PM
You just haven't done your research.

Just did. Nets #9 now in draft. This doesn't include Suns,Knicks,Clippers and many other teams to become sellers. Not including the teams ahead of them to purge even more to fall faster in a tight race. Nets will mop up all the other cellar dwellers.

WaDe03
01-13-2018, 04:08 PM
Wesley Matthews is actually a really good fit on the Cavs after seeing his catch and shoot numbers and all that in an article I just read. They're proposed deal was JR Frye and Cedi for Noel and Matthews lol!

I wonder if Shump Frye Cedi and a 2nd or Zizic could get it done. I think both Shump and Frye are expiring so that'll clear some cap and then they get at least 2 young guys and the Cavs don't have to use a 1st so the Nets pick is still available.

Nets pick TT and Crowder for Jordan and Lou

IT/Wade
Matthews/Lou
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
Jordan/Noel

I would have to look into it a little more.

WaDe03
01-13-2018, 04:10 PM

Just did. Nets #9 now in draft. This doesn't include Suns,Knicks,Clippers and many other teams to become sellers. Not including the teams ahead of them to purge even more to fall faster in a tight race. Nets will mop up all the other cellar dwellers.

I'm going to crack up when they're bottom 5 but I was talking about your research on the players in the draft. There's a lot of high upside. Go watch some film.

WaDe03
01-13-2018, 04:10 PM
That Nets pick is better than anything the Bucks could offer for an expiring Jordan.