PDA

View Full Version : Trade block and rumors 2017-18 season till deadline then lock

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

mightybosstone
02-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Not every team can tank like the Sixers.

I’m sure Jerry West knows what he’s doing. Resign Lou and you can trade him next year for more since he’s locked up to an affordable contract.

I've got to think West has more up his sleeves than "re-sign Lou so I can deal him next year for assets." Because if I'm Lou, I wouldn't sign that deal if that was a serious consideration.

My honest thought is that West is making a push for Lebron somehow. That's the only way this makes sense. A core team of Beverley, Lou Will, DJ, Harris and Gallo would probably be a more attractive destination than the Lakers if Lebron really wants to come to LA. Or maybe they're targeting Paul George or another key free agent.

Htownballa1622
02-07-2018, 12:21 PM

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 12:23 PM

First step in Charlottes rebuild?

Ahriman
02-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Good pickup by Charlotte

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 12:27 PM

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Can't imagine Charlotte picking him up and keeping Howard and Zeller.

Htownballa1622
02-07-2018, 12:29 PM
First step in Charlottes rebuild?

Hmm.

I wonder what Knicks are getting back.

edit:

GREATNESS ONE
02-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Let the trades pour in!!!

LA4life24/8
02-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Nah. Without looking too much into it, I've got to think a max for a guy like Lou, who's been in the league 11-12 years, would be somewhere in the $30 million-$35 million per season range. As good as he's been this year, he doesn't warrant a contract anywhere close to that.

Oh wow. Lol. Yeaah not at all. 15-20 does sound reasonable compared to that haha

JLynn943
02-07-2018, 01:23 PM

Man, I would hate if we got JR. There's no way he'd focus or put in any effort in Sacramento. If they want to pawn off their bad contracts, then I want their unprotected 2019 1st round pick. Hill may get paid a lot, but year 3 is only guaranteed for $1M and he's actually a good player unlike the guys they're trying to dump on us.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 01:25 PM

krazylegz
02-07-2018, 01:33 PM
does this trade make sense: cavs trade tristan thompson,jr smith and channing frye to laclippers for deandre jordan
AND cavs trade kevin love to portland for cj mcullom and ed davis {of course things
like money and future picks would be stuck in there in some way to in both/either
trade

krazylegz
02-07-2018, 01:42 PM
does this trade make sense: cavs trade tristan thompson,jr smith and channing frye to laclippers for deandre jordan
AND cavs trade kevin love to portland for cj mcullom and ed davis {of course things
like money and future picks would be stuck in there in some way to in both/either
trade

okay,so at least plugged in the love for cj trade straight up...and that would work in the trade machine...still figuring out the dandre aspect

AntiG
02-07-2018, 01:44 PM
okay,so at least plugged in the love for cj trade straight up...and that would work in the trade machine...still figuring out the dandre aspect

the problem with that trade is why the hell would the Clippers do that trade unless Ballmer suddenly decided to sell the team to the Kardashian family.

krazylegz
02-07-2018, 01:45 PM
the problem with that trade is why the hell would the Clippers do that trade unless Ballmer suddenly decided to sell the team to the Kardashian family.

your right...seems like no way it makes sense tbh

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 01:54 PM
your right...seems like no way it makes sense tbh

You would have to include the Nets pick in there somewhere. I posted a trade on the last page that got the Cavs CJ Kemba and Marvin Williams that I liked posted by Bleacher report. I wonder if they'll try something like that. Cavs do need an upgrade when it comes to rim protection and rebounding though.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 02:21 PM

Also, Lou Will with a 3 year extension with a team option year 3.

AntiG
02-07-2018, 02:32 PM
You would have to include the Nets pick in there somewhere. I posted a trade on the last page that got the Cavs CJ Kemba and Marvin Williams that I liked posted by Bleacher report. I wonder if they'll try something like that. Cavs do need an upgrade when it comes to rim protection and rebounding though.

even with the Nets pick, I doubt the Clippers want to take on two overbloated contracts with at least 2 more years of guaranteed monies (Thompson and Smith) to exchange for DeAndre Jordan's. Jordan, while it is a massive contract, is still one of the top 2 or 3 centers in the NBA.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 02:45 PM
even with the Nets pick, I doubt the Clippers want to take on two overbloated contracts with at least 2 more years of guaranteed monies (Thompson and Smith) to exchange for DeAndre Jordan's. Jordan, while it is a massive contract, is still one of the top 2 or 3 centers in the NBA.

The Clippers were going to take the Nets pick TT and JR for DJ and Lou but the Cavs wouldn't include the Nets pick.

FlashBolt
02-07-2018, 02:52 PM
Looking to be a slow trade deadline. Bummer. Was hoping we could make a few moves. I hope Courtney Lee is still in talks.

LA4life24/8
02-07-2018, 02:54 PM

Why would the lakers want Chriss? And who would they even trade for him?

Vinylman
02-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Why would the lakers want Chriss? And who would they even trade for him?

Ingram/Ball/Kuzma and 3 future first rounders....

oh wait... the two dipshits are gone

nevermind

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2018, 03:07 PM

Wait a sec, I thought he was going to the Cavs because none of us know anything?

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 03:12 PM
Wait a sec, I thought he was going to the Cavs because none of us know anything?

You're still showing how clueless you are. The Cavs wouldn't give the Nets pick therefore the deal fell through. If the Cavs would've gave the Nets pick he would already be in Cleveland.

FlashBolt
02-07-2018, 03:16 PM
There is officially nothing left for the Cavs to trade for. Keep the BKLYN pick. I don't see how any trades currently will help them.

Vinylman
02-07-2018, 03:21 PM
There is officially nothing left for the Cavs to trade for. Keep the BKLYN pick. I don't see how any trades currently will help them.

someone no one is talking about is available... I have no idea who it is but it is always the case....

we will be surprised I do believe

cheetos185
02-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Looking to be a slow trade deadline. Bummer. Was hoping we could make a few moves. I hope Courtney Lee is still in talks.You guys don't want to give up Ferguson what will you give up for lee than.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 03:53 PM

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 03:54 PM
someone no one is talking about is available... I have no idea who it is but it is always the case....

we will be surprised I do believe

Just like Blake Griffin the other week.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 04:03 PM
Kemba to the Cavs has traction per Windhorst

Htownballa1622
02-07-2018, 04:08 PM
Kemba to the Cavs has traction per Windhorst

Don't understand why for either side. Hornets if they get that BKN pick is kinda cool but Kemba on Cavs does nothing.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 04:11 PM

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Don't understand why for either side. Hornets if they get that BKN pick is kinda cool but Kemba on Cavs does nothing.

Kemba is much better than IT currentky though.

Hornets problem is their bench, their starters all have a positive net rating.

Htownballa1622
02-07-2018, 04:17 PM
Kemba is much better than IT currentky though.

Hornets problem is their bench, their starters all have a positive net rating.

Agreed on Kemba being better, but is that better longterm? idk

Hornets starters going to have a problem if they trade Kemba lol.

Just seems pointless.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Agreed on Kemba being better, but is that better longterm? idk

Hornets starters going to have a problem if they trade Kemba lol.

Just seems pointless.

Hornets want to rebuild which is why they wouldn't mind the starters being in trouble.

Honestly the Hornets and Cavs are actually a perfect match if the Cavs can mix their starters with the Hornets.

If the Cavs can get a lineup of:

Kemba
Batum
LeBron
Love
Howard DJ or just TT

Then that will probably solve their terrible starting lineup, and now the starters may be able to play on par with the Cavs great bench.

LA4life24/8
02-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Ingram/Ball/Kuzma and 3 future first rounders....

oh wait... the two dipshits are gone

nevermind

LMAO thank the lawd

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2018, 05:21 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=500089

"They just don't have players that interest people," Wojnarowski said. "Tristan Thompson's contract and J.R. Smith, and some of the guys with the big numbers on their team are just not movable, and if you're the Clippers, the idea of taking Tristan Thompson on just to get the Cavaliers' 2018 pick, let's say it's going to be 25, 26 wherever it falls, is it worth taking on that Thompson money moving forward? The answer is probably not."
-Woj

Even Woj agrees with the people. What say you, WaDe?

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2018, 05:23 PM
You're still showing how clueless you are. The Cavs wouldn't give the Nets pick therefore the deal fell through. If the Cavs would've gave the Nets pick he would already be in Cleveland.

The Nets pick isn't worth taking on those two trash contracts lol.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 05:31 PM
The Nets pick isn't worth taking on those two trash contracts lol.

What the ****, you are not this dumb so stop.

The Woj thing you posted was about the Cavs pick not the Nets pick.

The deal literally feel through because the Cavs wouldn't send the Clippers the Nets pick, therefore, if the Cavs would've sent the Nets pick Lou Wil and DJ would be on the Cavs.

The main pieces of the deal were as follows:

Lou Will
DJ

For

JR
TT
Nets pick

Maybe other filler in there if needed but those were the main pieces but the Cavs said no, not the Clippers. You are trying way too hard but I'm giving you the facts.

IKnowHoops
02-07-2018, 05:38 PM
That mind set would be affective on a normal star player, but I'm afraid when it comes to Lbj; that would be the worst move possible.

He is just too unpredictable and untrustworthy.

Couldn't Dan say, that Lbj already got his ring for the city and he isn't going to commit.

Still needs to be your mindset as an organization or u are trash. If you have the best force the the nba and your thinking about next year, your stupid.

IKnowHoops
02-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Lebron doesn’t have to commit. It’s his right as a FA. He doesn’t owe Cleveland anything.

Maybe he really doesn’t know what he wants do.

Exactly, every player in the league has this right. Anyone saying Bron held the team “hostage” is confused. If he wasn’t this good, then it wouldn’t matter. Does he need to be more transparent than any other player in history because he’s better?

mgomrjsurf
02-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Teams like Magic have a lot guys they would like to move but haven't moved anybody so if they can move one guy like today then can get others moved and don't want to be like Cubs when one year had a lot to move and Ryan Dempster who waited to last minute was holding then up from moving more guys.

IKnowHoops
02-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Cavs front office is very bad

AI
02-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Bradley to the Thunder would be a really good move for OKC. Would probably have to give up Ferguson.

FOXHOUND
02-07-2018, 06:34 PM
Exactly, every player in the league has this right. Anyone saying Bron held the team “hostage” is confused. If he wasn’t this good, then it wouldn’t matter. Does he need to be more transparent than any other player in history because he’s better?

I don't have sources to back it up, but something tells me that there are things in LeBron's history that probably make them more cautious about him in FA. Some things that may even be tied to the Cavs organization itself...

Dade County
02-07-2018, 06:38 PM
Still needs to be your mindset as an organization or u are trash. If you have the best force the the nba and your thinking about next year, your stupid.

That force isn't worth sacrificing the future, I guess. But thats the Cav's decision to make.

And I agree with them. His track record shows who he truly is, the man going to leave without saying anything on the very last day, when all the key free agents are signed. Bye Felicia.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Shams says DJ is still the Cavs #1 target.

FlashBolt
02-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Just like Blake Griffin the other week.

I had a feeling BG would be traded to the Pistons.. Just a week before that trade, I said Cavs should go after Tobias. You could just sense something was coming from all sides.

mgomrjsurf
02-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Per Windhurst says Cavs have 3 choices before 3pm tomorrow to decide.

FlashBolt
02-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Per Windhurst says Cavs have 3 choices before 3pm tomorrow to decide.

mild, spicy, or extra spicy. Per windhurst.

mgomrjsurf
02-07-2018, 09:17 PM
No either stand pat,make Trade with Clippers,Trade like Thompson,Smith. I would add forth one Buyout guy.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 09:29 PM
No either stand pat,make Trade with Clippers,Trade like Thompson,Smith. I would add forth one Buyout guy.

Are those the 3 he said?

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 09:29 PM
I had a feeling BG would be traded to the Pistons.. Just a week before that trade, I said Cavs should go after Tobias. You could just sense something was coming from all sides.

No you didn't lol, literally no one had a feeling Blake Griffin would get traded to the Pistons.

mgomrjsurf
02-07-2018, 09:37 PM
Yes and They need a Starting SG to keep Wade on Bench but CJ M. from Trail Blazers not happening. But would Magic do this one http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd5e9elb
Who wins this Trade Wilson Chandler for Joe Johnson?

mightybosstone
02-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Apparently the Rockets have shown interest in George Hill? I both do and don't understand the move. I get it in that I know they're trying to move Anderson's contract and have had a need for a reliable, defensive-minded backup PG all season long. I don't get it in that they'll have a huge hole at the 4 if Ryno is dealt.

I'm fine with it if their ultimate goal is Lebron or another superstar and swapping Ryno for Hill helps make that a reality. I'm not fine with it if the move makes them worse this season.

mgomrjsurf
02-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Trade is about to happen a Jazz/Nuggets but bigger then one been talked about also Faried,Hood and so on in it.

Nikeman
02-07-2018, 11:53 PM
Trade is about to happen a Jazz/Nuggets but bigger then one been talked about also Faried,Hood and so on in it.

Source?

mgomrjsurf
02-07-2018, 11:57 PM
It's been talked about over at hoopsrumors.com and would Mudiay for Smart Trade be good. Yahoo Sports Guys were talking about Celtics.

mightybosstone
02-08-2018, 12:02 AM
It's been talked about over at hoopsrumors.com and would Mudiay for Smart Trade be good. Yahoo Sports Guys were talking about Celtics.

Can you share a reliable link? I've been checking Hoopshype and Twitter pretty regular all afternoon and evening and haven't seen anything about this. Until I see some reliable sources on this, I'm going to be pretty skeptical.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 12:11 AM
Can you share a reliable link? I've been checking Hoopshype and Twitter pretty regular all afternoon and evening and haven't seen anything about this. Until I see some reliable sources on this, I'm going to be pretty skeptical.

I thought that was just a bot or something.

mgomrjsurf
02-08-2018, 12:23 AM
Hoopsrumors.com is the site I check and that's where story is. Ian Begley says like O'Quinn,Lee,Noah available. 3pm Deadline needs to be moved to Midnight just so a lot can happen so shows like NBA Jump,NBATV coverage has a lot to talk about and some happening when TNT has Games going on.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 12:27 AM
Spurs going after Avery Bradley, Clippers want a 1st per Marc Stein

Nikeman
02-08-2018, 01:10 AM
Spurs going after Avery Bradley, Clippers want a 1st per Marc Stein

Not sure why Cleveland doesn't offer their 1st and jump on that.

Dump Shumperts contract and a 1st and get Avery Bradley who'd be the perfect fit for Cleveland. He would come in right away and guard the other teams guard, and offer the Cavs a ton of roster flexibility. This allows JR to move to the bench with Wade. When the Cavs wanted to go all defense, they could throw out a line-up of LeBron/AB/Crowder/Jeff Green/TT.

Cavs should be all over this.

If Cavs could get DJ as well without giving up the Nets pick, they would fill both of their biggest needs and have future roster flexibility, but still, they should be all over AB

GREATNESS ONE
02-08-2018, 01:11 AM
Not sure why Cleveland doesn't offer their 1st and jump on that.

Dump Shumperts contract and a 1st and get Avery Bradley who'd be the perfect fit for Cleveland. He would come in right away and guard the other teams guard, and offer the Cavs a ton of roster flexibility. This allows JR to move to the bench with Wade. When the Cavs wanted to go all defense, they could throw out a line-up of LeBron/AB/Crowder/Jeff Green/TT.

Cavs should be all over this.

A huge reason I believe no moves have been made with picks from the Cavs because they can't trade them both.. So they have to pick and choose and make sure they make the right decisions.

Nikeman
02-08-2018, 01:17 AM
A huge reason I believe no moves have been made with picks from the Cavs because they can't trade them both.. So they have to pick and choose and make sure they make the right decisions.

Right, and I definitely get that, but the rumor is they will not give up the Nets pick right?

Avery Bradley legit solves their problems on perimeter defense and brings them a lot of line-up flexibility. Elite defender, who can shoot and play off the ball. If I am Cleveland, I'd give my 1st for him in a heartbeat.

GREATNESS ONE
02-08-2018, 01:19 AM
what if the Nets pick results in DJ? I get why to get Bradley.

Nikeman
02-08-2018, 01:26 AM
what if the Nets pick results in DJ? I get why to get Bradley.

I would not give up the Nets pick to get DJ and Bradley. They would solve both the Cavs needs in the short term, but I do not think even both of them warrant a top 5 pick especially considering both of them could bolt this off-season, along with James. With this draft, and the potential to land your next superstar, you just cannot make that move for a temporary fix. The Nets are one game from having the worst record in the entire NBA. You cannot potentially lose out on Bagley for these temporary fixes.

The only player I'd consider trading the Nets pick for is Kemba, and even then I would hesitate to be honest as he's 27.

If I am Cleveland, I go hard after Avery Bradley with their own 1st, and then go hard after Dewayne Dedmon. Apparently the Hawks have made him more than available. I offer Channing Frye and two 2nds.

Avery Bradley for Shumpert and Cle 1st
Dewayne Dedmon for Frye and 2 2nds

I think this is the most reasonable way for Cleveland to go in order to fill their two largest holes and be secure in their future.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 02:06 AM
I would not give up the Nets pick to get DJ and Bradley. They would solve both the Cavs needs in the short term, but I do not think even both of them warrant a top 5 pick especially considering both of them could bolt this off-season, along with James. With this draft, and the potential to land your next superstar, you just cannot make that move for a temporary fix. The Nets are one game from having the worst record in the entire NBA. You cannot potentially lose out on Bagley for these temporary fixes.

The only player I'd consider trading the Nets pick for is Kemba, and even then I would hesitate to be honest as he's 27.

If I am Cleveland, I go hard after Avery Bradley with their own 1st, and then go hard after Dewayne Dedmon. Apparently the Hawks have made him more than available. I offer Channing Frye and two 2nds.

Avery Bradley for Shumpert and Cle 1st
Dewayne Dedmon for Frye and 2 2nds

I think this is the most reasonable way for Cleveland to go in order to fill their two largest holes and be secure in their future.

Cleveland's defense can't be repaired with Bradley. They have zero inside presence. I couldn't believe how many wide open attacks to the rim Jonathan Simmons had the other night. If Simmons can do it, KD will drop 50 on them attacking the rim every play.

mgomrjsurf
02-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Hood expects to be Traded.

Heediot
02-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Bradley to the Thunder would be a really good move for OKC. Would probably have to give up Ferguson.

that team would be scary in the playoffs if they pulled that one off.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 08:43 AM
What the ****, you are not this dumb so stop.

The Woj thing you posted was about the Cavs pick not the Nets pick.

The deal literally feel through because the Cavs wouldn't send the Clippers the Nets pick, therefore, if the Cavs would've sent the Nets pick Lou Wil and DJ would be on the Cavs.

The main pieces of the deal were as follows:

Lou Will
DJ

For

JR
TT
Nets pick

Maybe other filler in there if needed but those were the main pieces but the Cavs said no, not the Clippers. You are trying way too hard but I'm giving you the facts.

It's really funny because you think I'm misunderstanding something here. The BKN pick isn't worth those two trash contracts.

Heediot
02-08-2018, 10:01 AM
It's really funny because you think I'm misunderstanding something here. The BKN pick isn't worth those two trash contracts.

I think it's worth it, if you wanna suck and tank for a few years. It all depends which direction the Clippers want to go.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 10:27 AM

The Nets pick is worth it. They're currently a game and a half out of #1 spot and with the way the standings are shaping up it looks like it won't be ANY later than #8.

If the Clippers are looking to rebuild (rather than re-tool), then it's absolutely worth it. Ask Chronz or any other Clips fan - they'll gladly take on TT and JR to tank and acquire the Nets pick.

theducksmuggler
02-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Danny Green+1st for Avery Bradley rumors floating around now....not sure I like it for the Spurs

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 10:44 AM

Others shut you down before I had the chance.

The Clippers obviously think it's worth it because they were going to do it if the Cavs would've given it to them. That's what you're misunderstanding.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Sounds like the Cavs are the front runners for DJ. Looking for a 3rd team to get involved.

Giannis94
02-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Cavs need to trade LeGm to MKE.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 10:59 AM

The Clippers obviously think it's worth it because they were going to do it if the Cavs would've given it to them. That's what you're misunderstanding.

Were they though? Is your rumor a definite truth?

Other peoples opinion won't influence mine. The BKN pick isn't worth those garbage deals.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 11:00 AM
I think it's worth it, if you wanna suck and tank for a few years. It all depends which direction the Clippers want to go.

No team wants to pay 30 million or so between JR and TT. Especially if they're tanking. Where's the sense in that? If it were one of them and the BKN pick then maybe but no way that pick is worth both.

mightybosstone
02-08-2018, 11:00 AM
No team wants to pay 30 million or so between JR and TT. Especially if they're tanking. Where's the sense in that?

The salary floor this season is around $85 million. If you need to lose games and still spend that much money, spending $30 million on those two guys is a pretty good start. That being said, I get your point. No smart team is taking on those two contracts without getting some major assets in return. I'd want at least one really, really good draft pick for those two guys and probably another quality asset.

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 11:04 AM

Dude doesn't even know what he is talking about... don't waste your time

After this year, TT has two years left on his deal which is below market quite frankly and JR only has one year after this fully guaranteed at 14.7 and can then be bought out the next year for a measly 3.9 which is an awesome expiring for trades.

DJ isn't going to command much and I honestly think if Cleveland would do it they got to get AB in the deal also if they are giving up the Brooklyn pick...

If I am Cleveland and have zero commitment from Lebron I would stand pat and trade Lebron in the summer... If he leaves he is going to have to opt in because no one has the money... its not even a question

Heediot
02-08-2018, 11:05 AM
No team wants to pay 30 million or so between JR and TT. Especially if they're tanking. Where's the sense in that? If it were one of them and the BKN pick then maybe but no way that pick is worth both.

If your tanking you want guys that will help you lose. TT and JR might just do that, although I think these guys have some value in the playoffs with the way they play. JR is getting older so he might not even bring playoff value anymore. But in the regular season, especially on a rebuilding team, they might help you get worse.

The rest of the roster has moveable pieces, Gallo is iffy with his injury history.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Were they though? Is your rumor a definite truth?

Other peoples opinion won't influence mine. The BKN pick isn't worth those garbage deals.

It's from Woj so yes I would say it's the truth.

It doesn't matter if the pick is worth it to R. johnson on PSD, it only matter that it was to the Clippers.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Other peoples opinion won't influence mine.

Always good to declare in a discussion that you refuse to learn anything. Let's other people know to not bother continuing the discussion.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 11:13 AM

After this year, TT has two years left on his deal which is below market quite frankly and JR only has one year after this fully guaranteed at 14.7 and can then be bought out the next year for a measly 3.9 which is an awesome expiring for trades.

DJ isn't going to command much and I honestly think if Cleveland would do it they got to get AB in the deal also if they are giving up the Brooklyn pick...

If I am Cleveland and have zero commitment from Lebron I would stand pat and trade Lebron in the summer... If he leaves he is going to have to opt in because no one has the money... its not even a question

You're right, good points.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 11:15 AM

TT and JRs deals are BAD and no way are either of them below market. Unfortunately Hinkie is gone. Most GMs don't have the balls to so openly declare a multi-year tank like he did.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 11:17 AM
If your tanking you want guys that will help you lose. TT and JR might just do that, although I think these guys have some value in the playoffs with the way they play. JR is getting older so he might not even bring playoff value anymore. But in the regular season, especially on a rebuilding team, they might help you get worse.

The rest of the roster has moveable pieces, Gallo is iffy with his injury history.

Probably the best way to tank is to get to the salary floor with players who can be "injured" and just play a ton of kids. Just run through as many young players as you can and keep the ones who show promise while their inexperience keeps losing you game after game after game without actually hurting the reputation of your vets.

BKLYNpigeon
02-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Brooklyn Pick for DJ 3 month rental is not worth it. lol

mightybosstone
02-08-2018, 11:19 AM

In this conservative market, though, wouldn't DJ be crazy not to opt in for next year? Why would he turn down $20 million+ next season?

JLynn943
02-08-2018, 11:24 AM
The salary floor this season is around $85 million. If you need to lose games and still spend that much money, spending $30 million on those two guys is a pretty good start. That being said, I get your point. No smart team is taking on those two contracts without getting some major assets in return. I'd want at least one really, really good draft pick for those two guys and probably another quality asset.

Yeah, I would at least want the Cavs unprotected 2019 pick. If the Kings take on any of those contracts and don't get that pick out of it, then it's a bad deal.

RCarlson85
02-08-2018, 11:27 AM
In this conservative market, though, wouldn't DJ be crazy not to opt in for next year? Why would he turn down $20 million+ next season?

But does he want to be stuck on the Cavs after Lebron leaves this summer? That's pretty much a certainty at this point. Once Lebron leaves the Cavs won't be contenders anymore so if you're going to be on a non-contending team he probably would choose living in LA > Cleveland.

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 11:35 AM
TT and JRs deals are BAD and no way are either of them below market. Unfortunately Hinkie is gone. Most GMs don't have the balls to so openly declare a multi-year tank like he did.

they aren't "bad" in the context of top 25 bad deals in the league...

If you think that you aren't watching what has been going on.

JLynn943
02-08-2018, 11:36 AM

Top 25? They aren't the worst, but I think they're that bad :shrug: There's so little production out of them.

Especially if they're being pawned off together

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Probably the best way to tank is to get to the salary floor with players who can be "injured" and just play a ton of kids. Just run through as many young players as you can and keep the ones who show promise while their inexperience keeps losing you game after game after game without actually hurting the reputation of your vets.

Bingo.

If I'm rebuilding I don't want to overpay vets that are over the hump or have plateaued (JR and TT). Oft injured vets and kids are the way to go.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 11:48 AM

BKN pick is off the table

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Bingo.

If I'm rebuilding I don't want to overpay vets that are over the hump or have plateaued (JR and TT). Oft injured vets and kids are the way to go.

What's the difference in not being good enough to win you games or being injured? Either way you aren't winning more but having the vets play could help the young guys growth.

BKLYNpigeon
02-08-2018, 11:50 AM
If DJ was a FA he could easily get a 1 year 20m deal. No point in opting in.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Woj says some teams easing their way out of the trade market and focusing on free agents post buyout. Apparently the buyout market will be good.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 11:51 AM
If DJ was a FA he could easily get a 1 year 20m deal. No point in opting in.

From who?

FOXHOUND
02-08-2018, 11:52 AM
From who?

Lakers.

Heediot
02-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Bingo.

Re-flipping those guys isn't mandatory if you already conceded that you got them with the lotto pick. I think the mindset is to let them expire. If those guys do actually help you win games, then you can flip them as they probably helped their stock somewhat, and then you revert to tanking. I don't see the problem, if they suck it helps your tank, if they don't suck you might be able to muster something out of them through trade.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 11:55 AM
If the Cavs get DJ without using the Nets pick they should really look at moving that to improve the roster even more.

FOXHOUND
02-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Important note on JR - only $3.87M of his 2019-20 salary is guaranteed. His deal isn't as bad as it is on paper, really just eating one expensive year.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 11:56 AM
Lakers.

Maybe, unless they have other plans.

FOXHOUND
02-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Maybe, unless they have other plans.

I think they would happily take him as a consolation prize and step 1 into their FA aspirations, kind of like when the Knicks signed Amare... :laugh2:

It does fit though.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 11:59 AM
What's the difference in not being good enough to win you games or being injured? Either way you aren't winning more but having the vets play could help the young guys growth.

Would you rather waste two spots on guys who are overpaid and won't get any better or give young kids a shot in hopes of finding something good?

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Top 25? They aren't the worst, but I think they're that bad :shrug:

nah dude...

You guys really aren't paying attention if you think that...

you have to look at how long they are and what they contribute...

JR's deal is basically has $23 million left on it in guaranteed money spread over 3 years

TT is 26 and is basically a league average player... his numbers are down a little this year due to injuries but he has been a workhorse his whole career... he has two years left on his deal but is definitely a guy who can eat minutes

He is the 63rd highest paid player in the league and will probably drop 15-20 spots on that list next year as the number of players getting larger salaries continue to increase...

There are 121 players in the league making $10 million or more per year

BKLYNpigeon
02-08-2018, 12:04 PM
From who?

Hawks, Bulls, Mavericks, Pacers, Lakers

RCarlson85
02-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Big moves going down. Jameer Nelson to the Pistons for Willie Reed.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 12:13 PM

For a long term deal worth more than $20M total?

Scoots
02-08-2018, 12:14 PM

I don't limit bad to just the top 25, they are bad in that what they are bringing to the floor does not warrant the money this year, let alone next year and the year after.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Important note on JR - only $3.87M of his 2019-20 salary is guaranteed. His deal isn't as bad as it is on paper, really just eating one expensive year.

Yea I didn't know that until Vinylman mentioned it, definitely not as bad as it seems.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Would you rather waste two spots on guys who are overpaid and won't get any better or give young kids a shot in hopes of finding something good?

I think it's good to have a mix of vets with a young rebuilding team because the vets will teach them a lot.

mightybosstone
02-08-2018, 12:16 PM
For a long term deal worth more than $20M total?
OK, but the smart thing to do would be to opt in to this year and get all that money now. Then he can sign a long-term deal the next year when the market might be a little less conservative. But if he opts out and signs a long-term deal this season, he's going to make a fraction of that $20 million figure AND he'll have to accept a deal for substantially less than he's been making.

If I'm his agent I tell him to just opt in. The only reason DJ should opt out is if there's a team he really, really wants to play for next season that he's willing to take a discount for.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Hawks, Bulls, Mavericks, Pacers, Lakers

Pacers won't, I don't see him leaving where he is just to sign a 1 year with any of those teams. Mavs don't want him anymore probably.

Heediot
02-08-2018, 12:18 PM
I don't limit bad to just the top 25, they are bad in that what they are bringing to the floor does not warrant the money this year, let alone next year and the year after.

Meh. Even in a rebuild, you need a couple of bad contracts to hit the salary floor. Trade your moveable contracts for the picks and prospects you need to give minutes to for the tank. Two lotto picks this year is a decent start. Let JR and TT expire. If they happen to show something maybe you can flip them for something. There are ways around this IF the Clippers are committed to a blowup and rebuild.

Maybe for you the Clippers should ask for more, but looking at it from Cleveland`s side, they are getting DJ as a rental for 3 months.

Heediot
02-08-2018, 12:19 PM
I think it's good to have a mix of vets with a young rebuilding team because the vets will teach them a lot.

YOu also need contracts to hit the salary floor, so it`s not the end of the world with them on the roster.

Wade n Fade
02-08-2018, 12:21 PM
This deadline will be a snoozer.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 12:23 PM

So, just $18M+ plus whatever is left on the $13+ of this year ... that's practically FREE! :)

HandsOnTheWheel
02-08-2018, 12:24 PM

Scoots
02-08-2018, 12:25 PM

The problem is that you HAVE to pay someone the money to get to the floor ... but if you trade for them you are declaring a multi-year tank and I don't think any of the current GMs with bad teams are secure enough in their jobs to do that.

FOXHOUND
02-08-2018, 12:26 PM
So, just $18M+ plus whatever is left on the $13+ of this year ... that's practically FREE! :)

Chicago just ate that kind of money for Asik to get a 1st, there's a basis for the logic. :)

FOXHOUND
02-08-2018, 12:27 PM
The problem is that you HAVE to pay someone the money to get to the floor ... but if you trade for them you are declaring a multi-year tank and I don't think any of the current GMs with bad teams are secure enough in their jobs to do that.

GarPax seem pretty immune. Don't see anyone taking both though.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 12:32 PM
OK, but the smart thing to do would be to opt in to this year and get all that money now. Then he can sign a long-term deal the next year when the market might be a little less conservative. But if he opts out and signs a long-term deal this season, he's going to make a fraction of that $20 million figure AND he'll have to accept a deal for substantially less than he's been making.

If I'm his agent I tell him to just opt in. The only reason DJ should opt out is if there's a team he really, really wants to play for next season that he's willing to take a discount for.

Yeah, but teams are more willing to give a larger 4 year contract to players who will be 33 at the end of it (particularly big men) than they are to players who will be 34. Basically this is his last big contract ... does he want to put it off for a year and maybe get hurt and have it all go away or try to get $75M over the next 4 years guaranteed. If he doesn't care about the money (he's made a lot in his career already) then opting out lets him choose where he plays and that has an appeal to many players too. I'm not saying he'll opt out and go somewhere for the vet minimum (though he'd look pretty good in a Warriors uniform :) ), rather he might choose to take $60 of 4 years from a well run team rather than $85/4 from a crappy team.

If LA is where he wants to play then he should just talk LTD with them now, just get that no-trade in there if you can (even if he has to give money back to get it).

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 12:33 PM

$23 million spread over 3 years... you really don't understand the contract market... not to mention there is value in having that final year at $15 million with the buyout... it is unbelievably valuable in the trade market

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Chicago just ate that kind of money for Asik to get a 1st, there's a basis for the logic. :)

He really doesn't understand the market... the market has changed significantly since the summer.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 12:34 PM

Only if Asik opts in .... BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

But, Chicago is openly tanking, I still don't know if the Clippers are willing to go with that look.

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 12:35 PM

But, Chicago is openly tanking, I still don't know if the Clippers are willing to go with that look.

are you saying asik and TT are equal or even JR and asik? Asik shouldn't even be suiting up... he is a joke at this point

Scoots
02-08-2018, 12:37 PM
$23 million spread over 3 years... you really don't understand the contract market... not to mention there is value in having that final year at $15 million with the buyout... it is unbelievably valuable in the trade market

I understand it fine ... I'm saying that not only are you spending that money for a player who is not good and not getting better, and you have to convince the owner, the GM by making that trade is declaring a multi-year tank, and very few are willing to do that.

I can see the merit in making the deal, but to imply that the players in question have an on-court value that is a positive part of the deal I think is wrong. I think every GM in the league looks at them as money spent to get a pick not as players on the floor who contribute to winning basketball. TT may be recoverable, but he certainly seems to have been getting worse the last couple years.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 12:38 PM
are you saying asik and TT are equal or even JR and asik? Asik shouldn't even be suiting up... he is a joke at this point

I'm saying there is no way Asik doesn't opt in and Asik and JR have a similar amount left on their deals.

And yes, I think both bring a similar amount of talent to a team.

mightybosstone
02-08-2018, 12:39 PM

Just saw this. Hardly a huge deal, but seems to make sense for both teams. Reed wasn't getting any minutes in Detroit, which is in serious need of some PG depth. This probably won't have a major impact on the Pistons, but they could use more guys like Nelson.

FOXHOUND
02-08-2018, 12:44 PM

:D

I feel like the Clippers want to but they're just not in as good a position to get there yet.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Clippers have traded Blake Griffin and are shopping Avery Bradley + Deandre and people are still questioning whether or not they're wanting to tank for draft picks???

You give Lou Williams a longer contract to help drive the tank and keep fans interested in the occasional 40 point scoring night, but make no mistake about it they're looking at the draft.

Edit: It's well known that if the Cavs include the Nets pick then DJ is theirs. If Clippers weren't willing to do that then why would they even bother continuing chatting with the Cavs? They know that DJ could very well leave in the offseason and so they'd LOVE to acquire what is gonna be a #1-8 lottery pick in a loaded draft.

Come on, guys.

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 01:02 PM
I understand it fine ... I'm saying that not only are you spending that money for a player who is not good and not getting better, and you have to convince the owner, the GM by making that trade is declaring a multi-year tank, and very few are willing to do that.

I can see the merit in making the deal, but to imply that the players in question have an on-court value that is a positive part of the deal I think is wrong. I think every GM in the league looks at them as money spent to get a pick not as players on the floor who contribute to winning basketball. TT may be recoverable, but he certainly seems to have been getting worse the last couple years.

First ... let me say this ... in no way should the clippers take anything less than the Brooklyn pick in a DJ trade which is the basis of my above points

In that type of a deal JR Smith is something you have to take... I am not going to argue over the merits of his play ... he still has a positive VORP but that isn't important...

as for TT... he is a league average player getting what is a league average deal (post cap spike)

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Cavs trying to get DJ, Cavs want Kemba as well but no traction right now, Cavs also in serious discussions with Lakers Per Woj

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 01:03 PM
I'm saying there is no what Asik doesn't opt in and Asik and JR have a similar amount left on their deals.

And yes, I think both bring a similar amount of talent to a team.

agree to disagree... Asik is useless... JR can still give a good 25 minutes a game

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:03 PM
I think if the Cavs get DJ they then up their offer to the Hornets for Kemba.

No clue what's going on with the Lakers deal.

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 01:05 PM

Bron to the Lakers I would imagine

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Woj says the talks are there for Kemba but Jordan isn't going to part with him so easily.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Bron to the Lakers I would imagine

Haha that would be wild!

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Jordan Clarkson and Namce are going to the Cavs

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Jordan Clarkson and Namce are going to the Cavs

Uh oh.

I wonder what for.

KobeOwnSU
What are the Lakers getting????

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WaDe03
Like the pieces the Cavs got just curious what's going back.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 01:10 PM
Like the pieces the Cavs got just curious what's going back.

Maybe Magic made a stupid trade in hopes that getting a couple of LeBron's boys would get LeBron to sign there in the summer?

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:11 PM

The ****!?

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 01:12 PM

The ****!?

Stuuuuupid! Both expirings and our own 1st?

R. Johnson#3

I'm curious. How would the Cavs manage to get both DJ and Kemba with only one lotto pick?

Vinylman

The ****!?

magic Arse rapes Gilbert if true

WaDe03
Plus Cavs 2018 1st.

Does this mean no DJ or Kemba?

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 01:13 PM
Plus Cavs 2018 1st.

Does this mean no DJ or Kemba?

Yep. No DJ or Kemba.

Nets pick cannot be traded.

Jamiecballer
02-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Clearly the cavs were super motivated to make Isiah gtfo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:14 PM
I'm curious. How would the Cavs manage to get both DJ and Kemba with only one lotto pick?

Before the Lakers trade could've sent a 1st for DJ, trade for another 1st and then use the Nets pick on Kemba

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 01:15 PM
I'm hoping Gilbert has another trade to bring in a defensive big.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Yep. No DJ or Kemba.

Wonder if they'll make a move for another pick, probably not.

That kind of sucks if not.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:18 PM

They need something. Hopefully JR is gone.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:20 PM
They're saying the Cavs are confident LeBron will stay.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 01:22 PM
Before the Lakers trade could've sent a 1st for DJ, trade for another 1st and then use the Nets pick on Kemba

Lol who on the Cavs squad would be able to even get a 1st in a trade? Anyways, it's done.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:25 PM
Lol who on the Cavs squad would be able to even get a 1st in a trade? Anyways, it's done.

You've already shown you don't know ****, stop baiting me every time I post something.

WaDe03
I'm more disappointed Frye is gone, he's been great off the bench.

AntiG
poor Isaiah. Went from C's where he never wanted to leave to begin with, then Cavs, and now to the bottom of the barrel and will likely end up be used in a sign-and-trade deal in the offseason. At least now he can play in front of his family.

IKnowHoops
02-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Very very very happy about the trade for the Cavs. These guys will play excellent with Lebron and both are young good players. I really like it. They are a better team now.

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 01:32 PM

I wonder if there is some underhanded **** going on like the Lakers agreed to buyout KCP and Lopez so the cavs can pick them up...

watch what happens here... could be interesting

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Very very very happy about the trade for the Cavs. These guys will play excellent with Lebron and both are young good players. I really like it. They are a better team now.

I like it to IF they're not done.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:34 PM
I wonder if there is some underhanded **** going on like the Lakers agreed to buyout KCP and Lopez so the cavs can pick them up...

watch what happens here... could be interesting

I've already seen Lopez is a buyout candidate.

I would love to pick them up off the market.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 01:36 PM

Cavs defense might actually be decent. Adding Nance + losing IT might make a noticeable difference.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 01:40 PM
You've already shown you don't know ****, stop baiting me every time I post something.

Baiting? I'm asking for clarification on your ridiculous ideas. It's not baiting when you ask someone to explain their ideas. You just can't think of a reasonable scenario.

IKnowHoops
02-08-2018, 01:40 PM
I like it to IF they're not done.

Still gotta get rid of Tristan and the Nets pick for something worthy

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 01:41 PM
For all the **** that Gilbert's eaten as of late he just pulled off a great move. It's a good trade whether or not Lebron stays.

IKnowHoops
02-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Cavs defense might actually be decent. Adding Nance + losing IT might make a noticeable difference.

It will be huge. IT is unplayable. Biggest liability on defense ever...as he is working his way back.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 01:44 PM
I suppose we could still trade the Nets pick if we simply do a pick-swap with someone.

Still lots of time left. We'll see what happens.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:48 PM
I suppose we could still trade the Nets pick if we simply do a pick-swap with someone.

Still lots of time left. We'll see what happens.

You think Crowder/Cedi or Zizic could net a 1st from a contender?

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 01:51 PM
“Hey Danny, the plan went well and I got them fools to trade me. Cleveland’s a mess and now it’s time to take out LA. I’ll be on standby for the next move”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVh6ZoQWkAALIhq.jpg

WaDe03
It just hit me, why the **** did the Cavs give a 1st when they were going the Lakers a favor by clearing their cap sending expirings?

RCarlson85
That's what doesn't make sense to me. I think Clarkson and Nance are decent pieces and it's clear IT wasn't working but why did they have to give their 1st round pick too?

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 01:53 PM

smith&wesson
02-08-2018, 01:53 PM
So does Lonzo move over to the SG spot now

lakerfan85
02-08-2018, 01:54 PM
So does that make Rose the starting point guard and Clarkson the backup? Also get ready Cavs fans for a Clarkson.. Dude will look great for stretches of games and then look really bad for stretches too. He’s also not a great defender..

Heediot
02-08-2018, 01:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVh6ZoQWkAALIhq.jpg

I could actually see IT go to the Celtics for the MLE this summer, with the way teams are cash strapped. Probably not (with how his exit went down), but in the realm of minor possibility

WaDe03
That's what doesn't make sense to me. I think Clarkson and Nance are decent pieces and it's clear IT wasn't working but why did they have to give their 1st round pick too?

Dumb trade the more I think about it. Closed the door to so many other opportunities if they aren't trading for another 1st.

lakerfan85
So does Lonzo move over to the SG spot now

He’s hurt

RCarlson85
Dumb trade the more I think about it. Closed the door to so many other opportunities if they aren't trading for another 1st.

Unless they were convinced they weren't going to be able to work out anything else. But that still doesn't explain why they had to include their 1st.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Rodney Hood to the Cavs

Wow, wonder what they gave up. Hood is a good player but he's just a shooter. I hope he can be more of an asset otherwise.

WaDe03
Rodney Hood to the Cavs

FlashBolt
yo, they traded Jae and Rose for George Hill. WOW!!!!!!!

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:00 PM
So does that make Rose the starting point guard and Clarkson the backup? Also get ready Cavs fans for a Clarkson.. Dude will look great for stretches of games and then look really bad for stretches too. He’s also not a great defender..

Clarkson automatically starts. Rose isn't a starter in this league.

Clarkson being a combo-guard actually isn't bad at all since LeBron is the defacto PG. At the end of the Minny game we were swapping out Cedi for Thomas possession by possession for defense and offense. Clarkson being a 6'5 point guard will be better for size for sure.

I don't like giving up the 1st round though. I hear it's protected - anyone know how heavily protected it is?

WaDe03
George Hill to Cavs!

Vee-Rex
Hill and Hood to the Cavs!

CELTICS4LYFE
Celtics starting backcourt from last season now have both been traded twice and are in LA lol

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Ooooookay! I'm liking this!

Cavs trading Rose/Crowder/Shumpert and bringing in Hood and Hill.

FlashBolt
Shumpert+Crowder+Rose. Three players who are frickin useless this season. I feel bad for Rose, though.

Heediot

Steal!

aman_13
02-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Well ****

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 02:04 PM

nance is jae without the offense and a better defender... no loss

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Hill/Clarkson
Hood/Wade
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
TT/Nance JR

I don't think they're done.

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Yep. No DJ or Kemba.

they can get around it by pulling in an ATL into a deal... ATL has a ton of firsts and I am sure wouldn't mind giving up one this year for one 3 years from now..

CELTICS4LYFE
Wow Cavs making moves! We all knew they were going to do something big but man half a new team already

FlashBolt
A lot of you guys don't understand this but Cavs just got rid of terrible dump of players for youth, defense, and players who can actually shoot. This is great. Cavs have been trying to get Shump into a shooter for years. Crowder is the biggest disappointment from that Boston trade. IT was shooting 22% from three this season. He had the worst defensive rating in the past 25 NBA seasons. Cavs are hauling right now.

Vee-Rex
Hill/Clarkson
Hood/Wade
James/Korver
Love/Green
Thompson/Nance

daaaaamn

FlashBolt
Wtf wade to miami?

FlashBolt
Why the fck are they trading wade?

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Cavs might not be done. Might flip one or two of these guys with Cedi to get a big.

Vinylman

you really are a troll

they can swap a different future first with someone like ATL and attach a conditional second or a vet min player

you have zero imagination when it comes to deal making

WaDe03
Wow Wade to Miami! Wtf?!

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:08 PM
wow wade to miami! Wtf?!

nuuuuuuts!

aman_13
Wow Wade to Miami! Wtf?!

The Heat are back!!

WaDe03
Gotta change my **** again lmao!

Vee-Rex

You're still welcome as a Cavs fan 4lyfe, homie.

FlashBolt
Gilbert said **** you LeBron.

I don't think this was it. They "gave" Wade a chance to return. I think Wade agreed to it.

Vinylman
Baiting? I'm asking for clarification on your ridiculous ideas. It's not baiting when you ask someone to explain their ideas. You just can't think of a reasonable scenario.

people on this site don't have time to explain **** to kids in the resource class... move along

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Gilbert said **** you LeBron.

AntiG
:laugh:

aman_13

:laugh:

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Woj on Wade going back to Miami:

As Cleveland remade its roster with young, athletic wing players, organization gave him a chance to return home to Miami and worked out a deal to send him back to the Heat, league sources tell ESPN.

aman_13
02-08-2018, 02:10 PM
I'm convinced LeBron is leaving.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Woj is owning Shams right now. I think shams just gave up and is probably tuning in to Woj's twitter.

RCarlson85
02-08-2018, 02:12 PM

Haha, welcome back! Does this mean we're friends again?

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Come on Miami what moves are we making?! :laugh:

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Bro, I honestly think Wade is retiring soon. He isn't leaving Miami again. I told you he wanted to go to Miami and that's why he stayed in Orlando and not minny lol

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 02:16 PM
you really are a troll

they can swap a different future first with someone like ATL and attach a conditional second or a vet min player

you have zero imagination when it comes to deal making

No, I ask for clarification when someone says they'll "trade a 1st for DJ then get another 1st".

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Bro they traded you as well :laugh:

lmfao. this is the best comment i've ever read here

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Bro, I honestly think Wade is retiring soon. He isn't leaving Miami again. I told you he wanted to go to Miami and that's why he stayed in Orlando and not minny lol

Yeah, I think Wade is hanging them up. The Cavs told him they would reduce his minutes (with all the young guys coming in) and gave him the option of going back to Miami. Wade chose the latter.

Classy of the Cavs to do that.

aman_13

R. Johnson#3
I knew Wade was the problem in Cleveland. Watch, the stories will come now. Traded for a heavily protected 2nd rounder. If that doesn't spell locker room poison I don't know what does.

Cal827
So many Woj reports,

I'll just sit here an pray for a Kawhi to Toronto Woj Bomb :hope:

BKLYNpigeon
02-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Cavs be like, F U Lebron.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:18 PM
I knew Wade was the problem in Cleveland. Watch, the stories will come now.

Who knows what the stories will be, but the truth is obvious: Cavs were gonna get younger and told Wade his minutes would be slashed big time. Gave him the option of going back to Miami and Wade said yes.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Who knows what the stories will be, but the truth is obvious: Cavs were gonna get younger and told Wade his minutes would be slashed big time. Gave him the option of going back to Miami and Wade said yes.

That could be. I'm thinking back to the Bulls and how quickly he pissed everyone off there.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 02:21 PM
That could be. I'm thinking back to the Bulls and how quickly he pissed everyone off there.

butler was also trashing the Bulls...

BKLYNpigeon
02-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Cavs just took on a lot of money.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Haha, welcome back! Does this mean we're friends again?

Yes, I love you!

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 02:24 PM

Thats exactly what happened according to Woj.

RCarlson85
02-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Yes, I love you!

Lol, I'm sorry for the spat we had the other day.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 02:25 PM

And I lost my ****ing bird rights!!!

JLynn943
02-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Good on the Cavs trading Wade back to Miami. Classy move.

WaDe03
02-08-2018, 02:26 PM

I think so too. It's sad. I wanted to see him end it on a contender.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Cavs just need a big.

If we could somehow dump JR + Cedi + a future 2nd or something for someone DECENT on defense then I'd be happy.

It's possible we address it during buyouts.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Cavs just need a big.

If we could somehow dump JR + Cedi + a future 2nd or something for someone DECENT on defense then I'd be happy.

It's possible we address it during buyouts.

One thing I noticed from that Minny game is that LeBron was the most emotional I've see him this entire season. First person he cheered with after that game winner was.. Cedi. I knew Cedi wasn't getting traded after that. I like him but if they can dump J.R.+TT+Cedi for a quality center, I think you gotta do it. Cavs gonna need some more frontcourt presence. Lost some size.

Heediot
02-08-2018, 02:36 PM
One thing I noticed from that Minny game is that LeBron was the most emotional I've see him this entire season. First person he cheered with after that game winner was.. Cedi. I knew Cedi wasn't getting traded after that. I like him but if they can dump J.R.+TT+Cedi for a quality center, I think you gotta do it. Cavs gonna need some more frontcourt presence. Lost some size.

Brook Lopez when he is bought out!

JLynn943
02-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Hopefully the Kings can buy out Joe Johnson.

What a waste of a trade for us. (Possible) cap space that we can waste. Hooray.

Vee-Rex
02-08-2018, 02:49 PM

Yeah, Bron was emotional during that game especially at the end with the fans cheering.

Got me all emotional too and I yelled out - TRADE THE NETS PICK GILBERT!

Scoots
02-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Clippers have traded Blake Griffin and are shopping Avery Bradley + Deandre and people are still questioning whether or not they're wanting to tank for draft picks???

You give Lou Williams a longer contract to help drive the tank and keep fans interested in the occasional 40 point scoring night, but make no mistake about it they're looking at the draft.

Edit: It's well known that if the Cavs include the Nets pick then DJ is theirs. If Clippers weren't willing to do that then why would they even bother continuing chatting with the Cavs? They know that DJ could very well leave in the offseason and so they'd LOVE to acquire what is gonna be a #1-8 lottery pick in a loaded draft.

Come on, guys.

I question whether they want it to be obvious to casual fans.

R. Johnson#3
02-08-2018, 02:53 PM
Yeah, Bron was emotional during that game especially at the end with the fans cheering.

Got me all emotional too and I yelled out - TRADE THE NETS PICK GILBERT!

It's great for the fans when the best player in the World actually cares about regular season games. You could def see it in his eyes.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 02:56 PM
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/961671276522860545

No way they would have slighted LeBron like that with the Wade trade. oddly enough, this was a professional move by Cavs

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/961671276522860545

adidas2307
02-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Mudiay to New York per Woj.

Scoots
02-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Cavs are a MUCH more interesting team ... The Lakers did fine in their deals but the Kings and Jazz ... ???

The Cavs have what they had 3 years ago ... inconsistent players with skill, but they got a LOT younger and more athletic.

Hill is the best player they picked up ... but he has to stay on the court and not on the injury list.

FlashBolt
02-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Sacto doesn't make a lot of sense unless shump has agreed to some sort of buyout.... Hill would have been worth way more at the deadline next year...

weird

shump is not agreeing to a buyout. This guy won't get anywhere close to $10 million ever.

Vinylman
02-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Cavs are a MUCH more interesting team ... The Lakers did fine in their deals but the Kings and Jazz ... ???

The Cavs have what they had 3 years ago ... inconsistent players with skill, but they got a LOT younger and more athletic.

Hill is the best player they picked up ... but he has to stay on the court and not on the injury list.

Sacto doesn't make a lot of sense unless shump has agreed to some sort of buyout.... Hill would have been worth way more at the deadline next year...

weird

JLynn943
02-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Yeah, no idea what we're (the Kings) trying to do here. I've also got an irrational disdain for Shumpert though.

I like the Cavs moves for them. They've held on to the Brooklyn pick and managed to change things up drastically. They have some talent that's more spread out through the team now. Test will be if they can gel quickly.

JLynn943
02-08-2018, 03:33 PM

weird

Yeah, that's what I don't get. We were acting like we had to trade Hill. He has a pretty good contract.