PDA

View Full Version : Trade block and rumors 2017-18 season till deadline then lock

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Vee-Rex
02-04-2018, 11:45 AM
I have to be honest. Most of whats happening is Lebrons fault. here why

1. All the bad contracts the cavs have are all Lebrons fault. He publicly demanded the Cavs resign TT and Smith to those horrible contracts. Also a part in shumps.

2. Clearly he didn't do enough to keep Irving happy, I've heard rumors for years that Lebrons not the best locker room guy. Seems to be truth. (even though i do think Irving is a nut case crazy man. If he wasn't good at basketball he would be in a loony house.) But to the point where Irving would've taken season ending surgery to avoid playing, wow.

3. Lebron Is holding the cavs front office hostage. With Lebron not committing at all (looks to be taking games off also). The cavs have no idea what to do. do they sacrifice the future and trade that nets pick with the hopes Lebron starts playing harder and maybe contend for a title? Or do they feel lebrons going to leave no matter what so keep that nets pick and their own pick and hopefully have a quicker rebuild in what is still a weak East?

I know people love to Blame Dan Gilbert and the cavs FO, but the true blame lies elsewhere.

This.

I hope Gilbert holds onto the Brooklyn pick. If LeBron wants to give up and only shoot 10 shots a game and we miss the playoffs then oh well. It'll make our own pick better.

cmellofan15
02-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Anyone heard of interest buzzing around Kenneth Faried? I hate to see him wasting away here in Denver.

BKLYNpigeon
02-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Cavs think trades will save their team, when the real problem are themselves.

Just a lack of Hustle and Effort all year. This roster is better then that.

The line was Rockets -3 last night, and lost by 30.

Vee-Rex
02-04-2018, 12:14 PM
LeBron is leaving. Dan Gilbert should have looked seriously into trading LeBron when he had the chance. LeBron has a NTC but he probably would waive it for a team like the Spurs/Rockets. It makes both sides look good knowing they would have lost LeBron and the NBA Finals anyways while LeBron gets to make his way out of Cleveland without getting the bulk of the blame.

I don't know what they would want from Rockets or Spurs but those are literally the only two teams he would waive it for so you have to see what you can get while you can.

They still did not figure out any trades. Seriously, asking George Hill to sacrifice money if LeBron leaves is a total joke. What an unprofessional franchise.

How is TT/J.R/Shump/Crowder still on the team at this point? They are all trash. J.R. and TT get paid $34 million collectively. They should give LeBron 75% of that because they are only worth 25% of their contract. J.R. is playing below average as an NBA player. That is pathetic. I wonder what this guy does in the offseason or during practice because it looks like all he does is smoke and look stupid. As soon as TT got with Khloe, I knew this guy was going to screw up. I can't believe TT used to be the Cavs 2nd most reliable player with how he got boards, hustled, and was a good locker room figure but now, he just looks like Lamar Odom 2.0.

Frye/Korver are barely getting any minutes. Ty Lue looks clueless and looks like he has bad body odor. I don't understand what kind of basketball intellect he is capable of but all he does is make blank stupid faces while his team gets hammered. What rotations is this guy capable of making? "We are going to make some changes." And all he did was take Crowder out and put TT in.. how is that a "change"?

IT sucks. Was totally wrong about this guy. Not sure if his injury is still bugging him or he's just still recovering but he is screwing himself over a max contract. If the guy was carrying the Cavs right now with K.Love being out, he would have at least a $25 million contract. This guy won't even make $15 million at this rate. Age, height, injury, locker room problems.. I thought he would play with more hunger now that he is on a salary season. Guess the guy only cares about whining to K.Love instead of his own gameplay.

LeBron has been trash lately. The decline is there. This is probably one of his worst NBA seasons, tbh. Statistically, it isn't. But just watching him play, there is definitely a huge step backwards in terms of him not being able to get past defenders, careless plays, lack of intensity, refuses to lead, and just way too many forced shots. His 3P% went from 43% to what is now 35%. Pathetic.

If they are to make moves, time is ticking and not many teams have pieces that would put the Cavs in contention vs the Warriors again. It's over for them. You know, trading LeBron to Boston might not be a bad idea if LeBron was willing to go there. Anything is better than this dump that is in Cleveland. I mean, just two months ago, they were looking like the best team in the NBA winning 15 or whatever straight. Now, they can't even beat the worst NBA teams in the league. 0-8 in nationally televised games. This team sucks. If they make it to the NBA Finals, I think I would root for the Warriors just so LeBron doesn't resign with the Cavs.

I'd trade LeBron to Houston for Gordon and Anderson but only if they include at least 2 future unprotected picks (2020's).

But LeBron ain't waving his NTC anytime soon. He's too stubborn. Houston would have to wait until the offseason.

Then we can trade Love and IT in the offseason for picks. I'm ready for the rebuild.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Why was my thread moved here?

Giannis94
02-04-2018, 12:22 PM
I'm not even sure how many teams are realistic fits for bron. the most obvious one, he has a massive grudge with Kyrie. The Lakers are a hot mess. Clipprs he said he'd never play for them IIRC, because of the sterling thing. Houston is a great fit. But then the WCF essentially becomes the NBA Finals unless they make a change to the ordering of the seeds and mixing conferences.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-04-2018, 12:23 PM
IT scored 29 a game last year and was 5th in MVP voting and you want to trade him for ďanythingĒ after 12,games . The Cavs are lucky you arenít the GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The man is worthless. Who is going to give anything up for a guy who literally isn't capable of playing defense, and sulking in confidence having just come off a major injury? What, you think his play is transparent? You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out. Cavs have lost their edge and have sucked since the return of IT and to a lesser degree announcing his return. What he did in Boston was because they had IT, Horford and a bunch of defensive-oriented players. Brad Stevens system got the most out of IT and Ainge saw a chance to steal Kyrie while IT and the Nets pick was at an all time high (Presuming he would come back healthy). This is not the same IT and its pretty clear that last season was a fluke at this point

HandsOnTheWheel
02-04-2018, 12:26 PM
That team needs a whole revamping though. No trust and there seems to be an elephant in the room in the form of multiple players on that roster. Embarrassing.

BKLYNpigeon
02-04-2018, 12:53 PM
If you're not Lebron Love or Wade. you know you're on the Trade Block, it messes up chemistry and morale.

WaDe03
02-04-2018, 01:13 PM

Looks like Dan and LeBrons dick measuring contest is messing things up.

Scoots
02-04-2018, 01:28 PM
It's funny, when I was talking about trading LeBron early in the offseason I was shouted down ... and here we are fans are saying the Cavs should have traded him. Hmmmm.

Scoots
02-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Or the team should have been sold last year when it's value was at it's peak.

Vee-Rex
02-04-2018, 01:40 PM
It's funny, when I was talking about trading LeBron early in the offseason I was shouted down ... and here we are fans are saying the Cavs should have traded him. Hmmmm.

I don't think anyone predicted this kind of implosion.

Maybe some vulnerability, sure. But even you can't act like you thought things would get as bad as they are now, and quite frankly that's the only reason to entertain trading a person like LeBron.

WaDe03
02-04-2018, 01:52 PM

JLynn943
02-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Definitely trade anything and everything you can get good value for as the Cavs. Just hold on to the Brooklyn pick. Maybe take a chance at Cousins health and deal LeBron to New Orleans.

I've been calling this roster (and the holdovers from last year especially) trash for a while now.

Wade n Fade
02-04-2018, 02:46 PM
All this talk about Cleveland is getting too much. It comes back to putting a square peg into a round hole. They expected to trade Kyrie and get IT to pick it up after returning. They're the oldest roster in the league as well. Golden State is heads and shoulders better than the competition because of chemistry. Cleveland lacks that.

What about the other teams looking to make trades? Clippers want to move Avery Bradley right now. Utah is looking to ship Joe Johnson elsewhere.

warfelg
02-04-2018, 02:58 PM
All this talk about Cleveland is getting too much. It comes back to putting a square peg into a round hole. They expected to trade Kyrie and get IT to pick it up after returning. They're the oldest roster in the league as well. Golden State is heads and shoulders better than the competition because of chemistry. Cleveland lacks that.

What about the other teams looking to make trades? Clippers want to move Avery Bradley right now. Utah is looking to ship Joe Johnson elsewhere.

Sixers are going around and looking hard for a bench scoring guard.

Saddletramp
02-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Looks like Dan and LeBrons dick measuring contest is messing things up.

Gilbert doesn't care about winning (especially now that he has a title) it's all about the money for him. He's probably relieved that Lebron is leaving so he can get cheap again and roll in that dough.

Wade n Fade
02-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Sixers are going around and looking hard for a bench scoring guard.

Wayne Ellington would be a good fit. Tyreke Evans is also an intriguing wing player but he is more of a 3.

theducksmuggler
02-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Wayne Ellington would be a good fit. Tyreke Evans is also an intriguing wing player but he is more of a 3.

No chance on Ellington he has been playing great for the Heat I would be shocked if the 76ers could get him...Rumors have it they have interest in Lou Williams Tyreke Evans or Marco Bellineli

Wade n Fade
02-04-2018, 04:42 PM
No chance on Ellington he has been playing great for the Heat I would be shocked if the 76ers could get him...Rumors have it they have interest in Lou Williams Tyreke Evans or Marco Bellineli

I would trade Ellington for one of the Philly firsts they can spare. I am one of the few Heat fans seeking a complete rebuild. At best, this team is a one and done playoff series group. Whiteside is soft and his value is sharply decreasing. Winslow is a bust for what he was supposed to be (young athletic top player in his draft class). And Riley needs to stop chasing whales until the team has a future.

WaDe03
02-04-2018, 04:45 PM

Damn this guy is going in Dan Gilbert today.

Mr.B
02-04-2018, 04:53 PM

Doesnít matter what anyone says or does, Labron isnít going to allow himself to be traded under any circumstance. He has all the power and all the leverage right now, thereís no reason for him to give any bit of that up.

warfelg
02-04-2018, 04:56 PM
I would trade Ellington for one of the Philly firsts they can spare. I am one of the few Heat fans seeking a complete rebuild. At best, this team is a one and done playoff series group. Whiteside is soft and his value is sharply decreasing. Winslow is a bust for what he was supposed to be (young athletic top player in his draft class). And Riley needs to stop chasing whales until the team has a future.

Colangelo is intent on that he doesn't want to give up a first in this unless Jerryd Bayless is attached.

TrueFan420
02-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Doesnít matter what anyone says or does, Labron isnít going to allow himself to be traded under any circumstance. He has all the power and all the leverage right now, thereís no reason for him to give any bit of that up.

Not true... he would be able to choose the team and offer he wants. It's not like he waives it and gives the Cavs a chance to send wherever they want. He can selectively chose and make sure everything's lined up before he waives it. Having said that I seriously doubt the Cavs will help facilitate a move for him.

Scoots
02-04-2018, 06:21 PM
I don't think anyone predicted this kind of implosion.

Maybe some vulnerability, sure. But even you can't act like you thought things would get as bad as they are now, and quite frankly that's the only reason to entertain trading a person like LeBron.

But Flash said they should have traded him, as in, before the implosion. I didn't think they would significantly improve, and I did think some other eastern teams would improve significantly (Boston, Philly, Washington, Milwaukee, Miami), and more important, I didn't see any way the team could improve for next year or the year after with the cap and not much in the way of assets to move ... then Kyrie demanded a trade and it was too late.

Scoots
02-04-2018, 06:27 PM

Other than that he can say he helped the Cavs get some value back on the way out of town rather than just leaving them with nothing.

Mr.B
02-04-2018, 06:39 PM
Not true... he would be able to choose the team and offer he wants. It's not like he waives it and gives the Cavs a chance to send wherever they want. He can selectively chose and make sure everything's lined up before he waives it. Having said that I seriously doubt the Cavs will help facilitate a move for him.

He can do the same thing at the end of the season. If the Lakers are the team he wants to play for why would he allow himself to be traded to a different team in a different city for half a season? Just makes the most sense for him to stay in Cleveland for the rest of the season and then pick where he wants to go.

Mr.B
02-04-2018, 06:42 PM
Other than that he can say he helped the Cavs get some value back on the way out of town rather than just leaving them with nothing.

Thatís not really what he does though. He didnít leave them in a great situation when he left the first time. He also didnít leave Miami in a great situation when he left them. Why would he all of a sudden start doing it now? Heís a business man and leaving emotion completely out of it I believe.

TrueFan420
02-04-2018, 06:51 PM
He can do the same thing at the end of the season. If the Lakers are the team he wants to play for why would he allow himself to be traded to a different team in a different city for half a season? Just makes the most sense for him to stay in Cleveland for the rest of the season and then pick where he wants to go.

He wouldn't trade himself to a team he's gonna leave he'd trade himself where he wants. If Houston pulls a package together or the Spurs come in and make something work. My point is he can use his leverage to get a trade where he wants to go.

Chronz
02-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Good to see Gilbert replace the seat that hasn't been filled since Donald Sterling got the boot. Enjoy the return to forgotten land, can't wait to see Bron on a team devoted to winning

Bostonjorge
02-04-2018, 07:27 PM
James needs great defenders who can also score. George and Ingram.

James needs a a second ball handler who can knock down shots. Ball.

Finally every team needs a X Factor. Kuzma.

Scoots
02-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Thatís not really what he does though. He didnít leave them in a great situation when he left the first time. He also didnít leave Miami in a great situation when he left them. Why would he all of a sudden start doing it now? Heís a business man and leaving emotion completely out of it I believe.

Not when he talks about playing "at home" though. He's perfectly happy to play on peoples emotions, and he doesn't have many years left. He could have been on a better team this year by allowing a trade AND helped his image.

Vee-Rex
02-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Good to see Gilbert replace the seat that hasn't been filled since Donald Sterling got the boot. Enjoy the return to forgotten land, can't wait to see Bron on a team devoted to winning

He's declining. You won't get to see it for long.

Chronz
02-04-2018, 09:09 PM
He's declining. You won't get to see it for long.
Define long

Vee-Rex
02-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Define long

A couple years at best. When he gets gassed (which is quite fast these days with every team running), he can't defend, shoot, drive around anyone, or play off-ball. He stands around and doesn't play transition defense at all.

I think he's gonna have a very sharp decline at around 35'ish.

I do think in the playoffs he'll be better but he needs to be carried to that right now. Houston seems like a great fit so long as he's willing to play off-ball and give a ton of effort on defense.

Chronz
02-04-2018, 09:45 PM
A couple years at best. When he gets gassed (which is quite fast these days with every team running), he can't defend, shoot, drive around anyone, or play off-ball. He stands around and doesn't play transition defense at all.

I think he's gonna have a very sharp decline at around 35'ish.

I do think in the playoffs he'll be better but he needs to be carried to that right now. Houston seems like a great fit so long as he's willing to play off-ball and give a ton of effort on defense.

I can see him getting on the Duncan regimen if he gets a decent squad, doesn't have to Houston but definitely a team trying to win. Players this productive don't grow on trees

Dade County
02-04-2018, 10:08 PM

What would you like Dan to do, that wouldn't effect next season? Dan is operating for the long term, with a player that is focus on the short term. The front office doesn't take James seriously as we can see.

Dan is paying luxury tax penalties, Lbj needs to have his team in 1st place in the East, and stop creating drama. The Warriors are going to win, Lbj needs to accept that fact and stop trying to create a **** storm around his team, just because he wants his front office to make an irrational move.

I'm surprised the Cav's are not trading away TT, JR Smith, & Shumpert. If Love didn't get hurt, they could have been all packaged off together. Lbj doesn't need any of those players to make it back to the Final's and since they are not a match for GS anyway, you might as well get picks and young players.

Scoots
02-04-2018, 10:15 PM
I can see him getting on the Duncan regimen if he gets a decent squad, doesn't have to Houston but definitely a team trying to win. Players this productive don't grow on trees

Like ... the Warriors?

Chronz
02-04-2018, 10:15 PM
What would you like Dan to do, that wouldn't effect next season? Dan is operating for the long term, with a player that is focus on the short term. The front office doesn't take James seriously as we can see.

Dan is paying luxury tax penalties, Lbj needs to have his team in 1st place in the East, and stop creating drama. The Warriors are going to win, Lbj needs to accept that fact and stop trying to create a **** storm around his team, just because he wants his front office to make an irrational move.

I'm surprised the Cav's are not trading away TT, JR Smith, & Shumpert. If Love didn't get hurt, they could have been all packaged off together. Lbj doesn't need any of those players to make it back to the Final's and since they are not a match for GS anyway, you might as well get picks and young players.

For the majority of teams, that's the right move, not for one that has the games best player. LeBron is under no obligation to resign at this juncture, not trying to win sends a message on and of itself and if that's your motto, then sure rest on your laurels, clips operated like that even without a chip.

I don't see why you're surprised, it's kind of hard to trade away bad contracts and players. Can't wait for Bron to leave that **** franchise, he's honestly wasted too many years there, should've left after the title since it seems that's all they wanted.

Dade County
02-04-2018, 10:23 PM
I don't see why you're surprised, it's kind of hard to trade away bad contracts and players. .

You are right those contracts are bad, there should be away that Lbj has to pay for at least TT & Smith contract. We all know that he is the main reason they even got those contracts.

Chronz
02-04-2018, 10:46 PM
You are right those contracts are bad, there should be away that Lbj has to pay for at least TT & Smith contract. We all know that he is the main reason they even got those contracts.
Not according to those who have left the team, who's opinion is equally pulling. And tbh, it's at worst a 2 way street. They could've negotiated better, especially if they could find diamonds in the rough.

What you guys don't get is that even without those contracts, there ain't much cap wiggle room anyways. So come up with an alternative or stick to conspiracy theories

Dade County
02-04-2018, 11:41 PM
Not according to those who have left the team, who's opinion is equally pulling. And tbh, it's at worst a 2 way street. They could've negotiated better, especially if they could find diamonds in the rough.

What you guys don't get is that even without those contracts, there ain't much cap wiggle room anyways. So come up with an alternative or stick to conspiracy theories

When you use the word conspiracy, people just gloss it over, instead actually searching the truth out.

Also, of course it's easy to say they should have found diamonds in the rough; but thats why it's so hard to find players like that, hence the wording, diamond in the rough.

And we all know that, Lbj was behind the scenes making sure those contracts got handed out. You don't remember his comments to the media? Lbj saying he's tired of this...etc

Yes the front office at the end of the day is to blame, but Lbj is a deva, and of course for him signing back to the Cav's he had demands. Gilbert complied with everything Lbj wanted.

Now it's time for Dan to look to the future. Yes the future most likely will be trash, but it's his team and he has to protect his franchise from Lbj.

It seems like you are against this. I would think you would be more focus on, why isn't Lbj working hand and hand with his front office since they did get the Nets pick. Lbj could have had a better team placed around him but instead he wants the front office to go all in; while he sits back and be noncommittal.

It doesn't work that way.

Chronz
02-04-2018, 11:49 PM
When you use the word conspiracy, people just gloss it over, instead actually searching the truth out.
Very true.

Also, of course it's easy to say they should have found diamonds in the rough; but thats why it's so hard to find players like that, hence the wording, diamond in the rough.
But it is an element most shared by quality run teams.

And we all know that, Lbj was behind the scenes making sure those contracts got handed out. You don't remember his comments to the media? Lbj saying he's tired of this...etc
Ugh you just regurgitated a response I already gave you my thoughts on. You don't know ****.

Yes the front office at the end of the day is to blame, but Lbj is a deva, and of course for him signing back to the Cav's he had demands. Gilbert complied with everything Lbj wanted.
Doubtful, I don't believe you having that kind of insight and the guys I trust abit more than you disagree. Sorry, you have zero facts.

Now it's time for Dan to look to the future. Yes the future most lily will be trash, but it's his team and he has to protect his franchise from Lbj.
Only if you're not interested in winning that's for sure.

It seems like you are against this. I would think you would be more focus on, why isn't Lbj working hand and hand with his front office since they did get the Nets pick. Lbj could have had a better team placed around him but instead he wants the front office to go all in; while he sits back and be noncommittal.

It doesn't work that way.
I already gave you my thoughts, why should he commit to a team that has to ask those kind of questions. If you don't commit, he won't. If you do commit and he leaves, guess what, that's the price of being lucky enough to have a guy who can give you such a chance at the title he's already won you. I'll never side with managers who focus on not doing what it takes to win

Chronz
02-04-2018, 11:50 PM
I stick with the whole Bron should've left that **** franchise after his miracle. Left kyrie there to suffer instead

corky831
02-05-2018, 12:17 AM
What do the Cavs have that's even enticing for other teams to trade with besides the Brklyn pick? Any expirings? TT and JR are garbage. IT would be an interesting piece, but they have no young talent to move to make a move. If they want to make a splash, they will most likely have to include the Brklyn pick....or multiple future firsts with the team trading with them hoping that LeBron leaves, and the Cavs become the Nets just like for the Celtics

aman_13
02-05-2018, 12:27 AM
I still think they turn it around.

Dade County
02-05-2018, 12:41 AM
Ugh you just regurgitated a response I already gave you my thoughts on. You don't know ****.

Ditto

Doubtful, I don't believe you having that kind of insight and the guys I trust abit more than you disagree. Sorry, you have zero facts.

Ok, trust your guys. Why not lol

But thats not going to carry any weight on others logic. idk

To think that Lbj didn't get TT that contract is kind of crazy. No one else was offering him that, the Cav's felt like they was bidding against themselves. This was also reported.

I agree that the Cav's should have said F off to Lbj and TT, and never gave him that contract.

But once again, nothing wrong with trusting your guys info. Done with this topic.

I already gave you my thoughts, why should he commit to a team that has to ask those kind of questions.

True... But Lbj is a egomaniac.

He left Pat that actually would have ran the organization the right way, to win more titles. But Lbj wanted to create everything himself and supposedly go back home lol

Now the team he built isn't good enough because of KD decision to move to GS.

Also, in no shape and form do I won't Lbj back in Miami. I don't want you to get the wrong idea.

If you don't commit, he won't. If you do commit and he leaves, guess what, that's the price of being lucky enough to have a guy who can give you such a chance at the title he's already won you.

Thats fine. Lbj can go wherever he wants. Just stay away from Miami.

I'll never side with managers who focus on not doing what it takes to win

I don't blame you.

I stick with the whole Bron should've left that **** franchise after his miracle. Left kyrie there to suffer instead

Would have been a great move by Lbj.

But who's to say that Irving would not have demanded a trade later. At the end of the day, everyone will be leaving Cleveland thats important. Because Lbj never made it a place where everyone around him could feel like this success can last for a long time.

Everyone kind of knew that this will only last just a little while, until Lbj feels like leaving again. But I honestly believe he should have never even went back. Not the way those fans and the owner acted, when he left the 1st time.

Dade County
02-05-2018, 12:43 AM
I still think they turn it around.

Thats the thing, they will. They'll easily make it to the Final's.

This is why, the Cav's struggling right now isn't really important big picture wise.

Scoots
02-05-2018, 01:22 AM
But it is an element most shared by quality run teams.

The funny thing is ... I think well run teams find more diamonds in the rough not because they are necessarily better at finding talent, but more that they are more patient, better at training players, and have a strong culture to encourage new players to fit to the system rather than try to do it "their way" just because it worked to get them there, while simultaneously building their confidence despite their struggles to get playing time while they develop.

Bad teams are quick to give up on players, don't have a strong culture to nurture and control those players, and often results in players playing for themselves and/or losing confidence.

I think if you took a 7 out of 10 player (top quality starter, but not a star) from a great team and went back in time and had them be drafted by a bad team they are far less likely to reach that 7 out of 10 level. Likewise if you take a 4 out of 10 player (a starter, but not secure in the role) on a bad team and go back in time and have him drafted by a top team time that player is far more likely to be better than a 4.

Bostonjorge
02-05-2018, 03:45 AM
Thats the thing, they will. They'll easily make it to the Final's.

This is why, the Cav's struggling right now isn't really important big picture wise.
Irving is the best player ďheĒ will play since Boston big 3. Tatum and Brown donít know they are supposed to be young and scarred.

Perfect storm

Vinylman
02-05-2018, 08:30 AM

he has the leverage today... in the offseason he has to find a home he wants to go to... that might be hard cap wise without him opting in and the Cavs trading him...

one day you have the leverage the next day you might not.

The Cavs aren't winning anything this year so holding the Brooklyn pick and dumping JR and TT are the priority if possible

WaDe03
02-05-2018, 11:54 AM
LeBron wants the Cavs to show they're willing to make moves to compete this year (move the BKN pick).

He said he doesn't think they will because Gilbert already got his championship.

Ahriman
02-05-2018, 12:11 PM
If he wasn't so non-committal about his future with (or without) the Cavs, he'd be playing alongside PG & Bledsoe right now

Dade County
02-05-2018, 12:15 PM
If he wasn't so non-committal about his future with (or without) the Cavs, he'd be playing alongside PG & Bledsoe right now

Thank you.

TrueFan420
02-05-2018, 12:19 PM
So what your saying is Lebron can't have his cake and eat it too?

Ahriman
02-05-2018, 12:31 PM
So what your saying is Lebron can't have his cake and eat it too?

Indeed. A team will not waste assets based on the goodwill of a player who's known for leaving when he feels he needs a better team.

Vee-Rex
02-05-2018, 01:05 PM

This x100.

-And after being burned in 2010
-after watching LeBron burn Miami in 2014
-then watching LeBron 'hold-out' in order to get TT his big contract
-as well as 'hold-out' for JR Smith

I mean, LeBron signed a 1-and-1 contract in 2014, then a 2-and-1 contract in 2016. Gilbert is fed up and tired of all this ****. He finally has a lottery pick with the Nets pick and refuses to allow himself to be burned yet again.

Don't get me wrong - I blame BOTH. I could run the list of things Gilbert should or shouldn't have done, dating back to LeBron's first stint. But I refuse to just give LeBron a pass either and at this point LeBron wants the team to mortgage its future and go all in without even providing any kind of assurances whatsoever.

You're not 28 anymore LeBron, you'll be 34 next year. The organization has been through this before and it's prepared to move on if that's what it'll take.

Heediot
02-05-2018, 01:07 PM
The funny thing is ... I think well run teams find more diamonds in the rough not because they are necessarily better at finding talent, but more that they are more patient, better at training players, and have a strong culture to encourage new players to fit to the system rather than try to do it "their way" just because it worked to get them there, while simultaneously building their confidence despite their struggles to get playing time while they develop.

Bad teams are quick to give up on players, don't have a strong culture to nurture and control those players, and often results in players playing for themselves and/or losing confidence.

I think if you took a 7 out of 10 player (top quality starter, but not a star) from a great team and went back in time and had them be drafted by a bad team they are far less likely to reach that 7 out of 10 level. Likewise if you take a 4 out of 10 player (a starter, but not secure in the role) on a bad team and go back in time and have him drafted by a top team time that player is far more likely to be better than a 4.

$$$

This is what a guy like Morey needs to do, he is like a video game player with his itchy transactions.

Spurs, GS, and Boston to a smaller extent. Raptors are trying to be that kind of team right now.

FlashBolt
02-05-2018, 03:10 PM
This x100.

-And after being burned in 2010
-after watching LeBron burn Miami in 2014
-then watching LeBron 'hold-out' in order to get TT his big contract
-as well as 'hold-out' for JR Smith

I mean, LeBron signed a 1-and-1 contract in 2014, then a 2-and-1 contract in 2016. Gilbert is fed up and tired of all this ****. He finally has a lottery pick with the Nets pick and refuses to allow himself to be burned yet again.

Don't get me wrong - I blame BOTH. I could run the list of things Gilbert should or shouldn't have done, dating back to LeBron's first stint. But I refuse to just give LeBron a pass either and at this point LeBron wants the team to mortgage its future and go all in without even providing any kind of assurances whatsoever.

You're not 28 anymore LeBron, you'll be 34 next year. The organization has been through this before and it's prepared to move on if that's what it'll take.

How? You guys traded Kyrie when LeBron said he didn't want Kyrie to be traded. Management pushed it because Kyrie "threatened" to sit out. LeBron being non-commital and signing one year deals is to make sure he never puts himself in a situation where the team doesn't want to compete. Plus, this is more KD's fault than LeBron's or management. They've stacked the deck so hard that LeBron's previous moves pushing for TT's/JR's contract has been a failure now. If Warriors did not have KD, we would not be talking about this at all. David Griffin just said that LeBron preferred not to be involved with the entire process. Whether that is true or not is another story. The only blame LeBron gets is the one where he pushed for them to sign TT/J.R. for the lucrative contracts they were signed to. There is no contract of LeBron that states he has to commit for future years. If Cavs want to win and they have LeBron James, they throw down the cards and play them. LeBron James understands that an organization could trade a player for X reason when they feel like it. Why should LeBron give the Cavs a committed future when they don't even trust him enough to trade the BKLYN pick?

R. Johnson#3
02-05-2018, 03:35 PM
How? You guys traded Kyrie when LeBron said he didn't want Kyrie to be traded. Management pushed it because Kyrie "threatened" to sit out. LeBron being non-commital and signing one year deals is to make sure he never puts himself in a situation where the team doesn't want to compete. Plus, this is more KD's fault than LeBron's or management. They've stacked the deck so hard that LeBron's previous moves pushing for TT's/JR's contract has been a failure now. If Warriors did not have KD, we would not be talking about this at all. David Griffin just said that LeBron preferred not to be involved with the entire process. Whether that is true or not is another story. The only blame LeBron gets is the one where he pushed for them to sign TT/J.R. for the lucrative contracts they were signed to. There is no contract of LeBron that states he has to commit for future years. If Cavs want to win and they have LeBron James, they throw down the cards and play them. LeBron James understands that an organization could trade a player for X reason when they feel like it. Why should LeBron give the Cavs a committed future when they don't even trust him enough to trade the BKLYN pick?

I'm pretty sure everyone thought those deals were trash from the second they were signed. You're also an incredibly big Lebron sympathizer. He held the organization by the balls from the moment he came back. Forced them to trade away their future (Wiggins), ran the coach out of town (Blatt), forced them to give ridiculous deals to JR and TT, pissed their future superstar off (Kyrie) and still won't give a clear answer on his future. He is 100% why the team is in shambles and I agree that Gilbert would be foolish to deal the BKN pick.

I think it's pretty safe to say that IT and Lebron are gone next year. Does Lebron have a NTC? If Gilbert moved him that would be boss AF and could really help restart the franchise.

Giannis94
02-05-2018, 03:44 PM
The Bucks Should Call the Cavs About LeBron, Who Must Be Thinking About Waiving No-Trade Clause
The Big Lead | Feb 4
0 0
LeBron James has made the NBA Finals for seven straight seasons, but the Cavaliers are sputtering out of control and their season honestly doesnít look salvageable. NBA teams on the brink of contention should be calling the Cavs to see if somehow, some-way they could pry LeBron away, get him to waive his no-trade clause, and try to make a run. The Milwaukee Bucks should be one of those teams.

The NBA trade deadline is this Thursday. While the Cavs have the Netsí first round pick as a valuable trade chip in their back pocket, they are more than even a big piece away from being able to contend with the Warriors or Rockets. Right now, they look like they could even lose in the first or second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

Last night, I posted this poll:

As of press time, 46% of voteres answered LeBron, 35% said the Cavs, and 19% said the Bucks. My friend Sean Highkin, an obsessive NBA observer, pointed out that Eric Bledsoe is a fellow client of Klutch Sports, and that LeBron would want the Bucks to keep him there. If you sub in Khris Middleton for Bledsoe, he and Bledsoe have similar salaries and the Cavs would be getting an arguably better player.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/the-bucks-should-call-the-cavs-about-lebron-who-must-be-thinking-about-waiving-notrade-clause-499710.html

mightybosstone
02-05-2018, 03:50 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/the-bucks-should-call-the-cavs-about-lebron-who-must-be-thinking-about-waiving-notrade-clause-499710.html

But you hate on Lebron all the time. How are you going to function if your least favorite player joins your favorite team?

Giannis94
02-05-2018, 03:53 PM
But you hate on Lebron all the time. How are you going to function if your least favorite player joins your favorite team?

He has to shut the **** up and not be a diva. That is all I ask. Oh. And please play defense like younger lebron. Unless he's just slowing down. Then I understand.

FlashBolt
02-05-2018, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone thought those deals were trash from the second they were signed. You're also an incredibly big Lebron sympathizer. He held the organization by the balls from the moment he came back. Forced them to trade away their future (Wiggins), ran the coach out of town (Blatt), forced them to give ridiculous deals to JR and TT, pissed their future superstar off (Kyrie) and still won't give a clear answer on his future. He is 100% why the team is in shambles and I agree that Gilbert would be foolish to deal the BKN pick.

I think it's pretty safe to say that IT and Lebron are gone next year. Does Lebron have a NTC? If Gilbert moved him that would be boss AF and could really help restart the franchise.

I would like for you to name me sympathizing for LeBron.

1) He didn't force them to trade Wiggins. He made them make championship ready moves. They won a championship. Pretty sure that Wiggins trade worked out.. Wiggins is terrible.

2) And? A LeBron-led organization is probably better than anything Gilbert could and would do.

3) Pretty sure Blatt ran himself out of town. He was a rookie coach who hasn't found an NBA spot since. Who's fault is that?

4) Yes, gave ridiculous deals to J.R. and TT - which worked out until KD just stacked the deck so hard to where they don't have room to make moves now.

5) You have no evidence LeBron was the one who ran Kyrie off the Cavs. provide it if you do.

6) He is 100% why the team is even relevant. If LeBron wasn't there the past four years, what do you think the Cavs complete? Nothing.

7) Gilbert would be foolish to not deal the BKLYN pick as it would most definitely signal LeBron leaving. And when Lebron leaves, this team will once again be exposed.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Marcus Smart must have really pissed off Celtic's brass. They're ready to ship him for a 1st

c.c.
02-05-2018, 06:52 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/rockets-news-houston-gauging-interest-in-ryan-anderson/amp/

Rockets quietly shopping Anderson, any takers?

Farty Farts
02-05-2018, 07:04 PM
that cavs offer for jordaon.

:laugh:

Giannis94
02-05-2018, 07:47 PM

1) He didn't force them to trade Wiggins. He made them make championship ready moves. They won a championship. Pretty sure that Wiggins trade worked out.. Wiggins is terrible.

2) And? A LeBron-led organization is probably better than anything Gilbert could and would do.

3) Pretty sure Blatt ran himself out of town. He was a rookie coach who hasn't found an NBA spot since. Who's fault is that?

4) Yes, gave ridiculous deals to J.R. and TT - which worked out until KD just stacked the deck so hard to where they don't have room to make moves now.

5) You have no evidence LeBron was the one who ran Kyrie off the Cavs. provide it if you do.

6) He is 100% why the team is even relevant. If LeBron wasn't there the past four years, what do you think the Cavs complete? Nothing.

7) Gilbert would be foolish to not deal the BKLYN pick as it would most definitely signal LeBron leaving. And when Lebron leaves, this team will once again be exposed.

Disagree big time with 1-5. Agree big time 6,7

R. Johnson#3
02-05-2018, 08:05 PM

You claimed the whole mess in Cleveland is more KD's fault than Lebron's. You're literally blaming someone who isn't on the team before you blame Lebron. There's a ton more but I think that point sums it up.

1) You contradicted yourself. Yes the result did end in a championship but like I said, it was at the cost of the future.

2) I don't know what that was a response to nor do I know how to respond.

3) If you don't think Lebron took Blatt's job then we'll have to agree to disagree.

4) The deals were bad from day 1. KD "stacking the deck" isn't the reason Cleveland can't make moves. It's because a guy who can only shoot 3's and a guy who can only rebound are both making well over 10 mil a year because Lebron demanded they do.

5) Kyrie requested a trade but I think we all know why he did? Lebron even asked the Cavs not to trade Kyrie but they still did. We can agree to disagree here.

6) I never said he wasn't the reason the team is relevant. Now you're defending Lebron against attacks that weren't even made (Lebron sympathizer)

7) Do you actually think Lebron stays if they deal the BKN pick for anyone? They could've had PG13 and Eric Bledsoe but Lebron couldn't commit. He's gone no matter what.

warfelg
02-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Sixers talking to the Hawks about backup C Deadmon.

Scoots
02-05-2018, 08:36 PM

I think you are drawing conclusions as fact when they are not known to you.

Scoots
02-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Marcus Smart must have really pissed off Celtic's brass. They're ready to ship him for a 1st

They've been trying to trade him for years. And a 1st may well be an over-pay.

warfelg
02-05-2018, 08:52 PM

The reported best offer was Emmanuel Mudiay....that's not great.

BKLYNpigeon
02-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Clippers said they won't take on bad contracts. They rather keep Deandre and lose him for nothing.

Mr.B
02-05-2018, 08:56 PM
He wouldn't trade himself to a team he's gonna leave he'd trade himself where he wants. If Houston pulls a package together or the Spurs come in and make something work. My point is he can use his leverage to get a trade where he wants to go.

Oh, yea he definitely can dictate where he wants to go. I just donít think it benefits him to be traded. Unless itís a team that would never be able to sign him in free agency. The main teams involved though all should have the space to sign him.

bleedprple&gold
02-05-2018, 09:00 PM
Clippers said they won't take on bad contracts. They rather keep Deandre and lose him for nothing.

That's smart for them. The whole concept that you can't let players walk for nothing is so overblown. When a player walks for "nothing," you get something back that may be more valuable than anything you could get in trade, and that thing is called cap space. Rather than do some crap trade just to get "something" back, oftentimes it's better to just let the guy walk and reclaim that invaluable cap space.

tp13baby
02-05-2018, 09:41 PM
The reported best offer was Emmanuel Mudiay....that's not great.

Mudiay is the type of player once his body really develops he will be a fine backup. I mean I expect him to be a late bloomer. His shot has gotten decent problem is he canít finish at the rim and his turnovers make your head hurt.

Probably a little below average back up PG that will be on a team friendly deal til his days are done.

warfelg
02-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Mudiay is the type of player once his body really develops he will be a fine backup. I mean I expect him to be a late bloomer. His shot has gotten decent problem is he canít finish at the rim and his turnovers make your head hurt.

Probably a little below average back up PG that will be on a team friendly deal til his days are done.

At what point though do we get to no longer say that about guys? He's been in the NBA what, 4 years now? ANd still experiencing the same issues?

mightybosstone
02-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Disagree big time with 1-5. Agree big time 6,7

You claimed the whole mess in Cleveland is more KD's fault than Lebron's. You're literally blaming someone who isn't on the team before you blame Lebron. There's a ton more but I think that point sums it up.

1) You contradicted yourself. Yes the result did end in a championship but like I said, it was at the cost of the future.

2) I don't know what that was a response to nor do I know how to respond.

3) If you don't think Lebron took Blatt's job then we'll have to agree to disagree.

4) The deals were bad from day 1. KD "stacking the deck" isn't the reason Cleveland can't make moves. It's because a guy who can only shoot 3's and a guy who can only rebound are both making well over 10 mil a year because Lebron demanded they do.

5) Kyrie requested a trade but I think we all know why he did? Lebron even asked the Cavs not to trade Kyrie but they still did. We can agree to disagree here.

6) I never said he wasn't the reason the team is relevant. Now you're defending Lebron against attacks that weren't even made (Lebron sympathizer)

7) Do you actually think Lebron stays if they deal the BKN pick for anyone? They could've had PG13 and Eric Bledsoe but Lebron couldn't commit. He's gone no matter what.

Wow. There are still people who think the Wiggins for Love trade didn't work out? I figured those idiots were extinct after they.... you know...went to three straight Finals together and won a championship. Pretty sure that any time you bring a championship to a franchise that had never previously won one before, that was the right call. Ask any sane sports fan whether they would have a decade of awful play for one title or a decade of first and second round exits with no championship, and every single one would take the title.

Trust me on this... I'm an Astros fan.

Giannis94
02-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Wow. There are still people who think the Wiggins for Love trade didn't work out? I figured those idiots were extinct after they.... you know...went to three straight Finals together and won a championship. Pretty sure that any time you bring a championship to a franchise that had never previously won one before, that was the right call. Ask any sane sports fan whether they would have a decade of awful play for one title or a decade of first and second round exits with no championship, and every single one would take the title.

I mean I don't agree with it full. But klove with Marie and LeGm has been a weird fit. And was since they got him. Feel they could have traded wiggy for a better fit

mgomrjsurf
02-05-2018, 10:20 PM
Bucks just got their Center it is Zeller and had to just give up Vaughn,2nd round pick. Magic want to break up Trio.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-05-2018, 10:30 PM

True, but this recent incident must have pushed them over the edge. Guys probably more of a headcase than people know.

Scoots
02-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Willy Hernangomez wants out of NY ... the Warriors will offer a valuable 2nd round pick

tp13baby
02-05-2018, 11:51 PM
At what point though do we get to no longer say that about guys? He's been in the NBA what, 4 years now? ANd still experiencing the same issues?

He is 21 years old and his shooting as improved every year? Itís not like he isnít improving? He just right now has 2 major flaws in his game. If he becomes average at both those he is a good backup. Not saying a Mudiay for Smart is a fair deal either.

tp13baby
02-05-2018, 11:52 PM
Willy Hernangomez wants out of NY ... the Warriors will offer a valuable 2nd round pick

Good god that is a huge upgrade over Zaza

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-06-2018, 12:20 AM

Good god that is a huge upgrade over Zaza
Should have offered our 2nd n Vaughn for him instead of zeller

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 12:25 AM
Cavs have had talks with the Hornets on Kemba per Zach Lowe.

Saddletramp
02-06-2018, 12:55 AM
True, but this recent incident must have pushed them over the edge. Guys probably more of a headcase than people know.

What was the recent incident?

Htownballa1622
02-06-2018, 01:18 AM
Read on another forum okc might dangle Adams and pick for deandre and lou will. Saves money going forward too since okc might want to shed salary but remain competitive.

mnatiq
02-06-2018, 01:56 AM
Any news on the Raps making a move?

BKLYNpigeon
02-06-2018, 02:18 AM
I hope the Warriors create some roster space. That buyout market might be good.

Dade County
02-06-2018, 02:59 AM
Read on another forum okc might dangle Adams and pick for deandre and lou will. Saves money going forward too since okc might want to shed salary but remain competitive.

If that happens, OKC will be in the ECF.

The reason why, West attacks the basket so quickly, that you can see how many easy finishes D Jordan will have. Also this helps out their rim protection and bench scoring. If Roberson didn't get hurt, damn this would be a cool little defense, with PG & Roberson on the wing & Jordan protecting the paint.

Cavs have had talks with the Hornets on Kemba per Zach Lowe.

I wonder if IT will end up on the Hornets, or be shipped off somewhere else.

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 05:02 AM

All i'm seeing is tony allen but if we can get DJ/Lou for Adams and pick.... bro.. we might be the favorites.

Bostonjorge
02-06-2018, 05:24 AM
Okc should trade 1st round pick to Boston for Smart. Smart will be a great fit in Okc.

Boston then packages the Okc 1st and Own 1st for one of the bigger names being thrown around.

Vinylman
02-06-2018, 07:11 AM
That's smart for them. The whole concept that you can't let players walk for nothing is so overblown. When a player walks for "nothing," you get something back that may be more valuable than anything you could get in trade, and that thing is called cap space. Rather than do some crap trade just to get "something" back, oftentimes it's better to just let the guy walk and reclaim that invaluable cap space.

sometimes... even if Jordan leaves for nothing the Clipps won't have much "cap" although they will be well below the LT.... they are in the dead zone ... way above the cap and just slightly under the LT

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2018, 08:42 AM

I never said it didn't work out. It clearly did. I'm talking about the present day effect. My original post was about how the moves Lebron influenced has put the team in the position that they're in now. The Cavs were a young team with 2 bright young stars (Kyrie and soon Wiggins) ready to rebuild. Enter Lebron and 3 years later they're the oldest team in the NBA with cinder block contracts which are impossible to move.

TrueFan420
02-06-2018, 10:02 AM

That would be a killer move for them.

mightybosstone
02-06-2018, 10:03 AM
I never said it didn't work out. It clearly did. I'm talking about the present day effect. My original post was about how the moves Lebron influenced has put the team in the position that they're in now. The Cavs were a young team with 2 bright young stars (Kyrie and soon Wiggins) ready to rebuild. Enter Lebron and 3 years later they're the oldest team in the NBA with cinder block contracts which are impossible to move.

But they still won the title, so ultimately these moves were probably the right call at the time. Were they good moves long-term for the franchise? Hell no. But a core of Kyrie and Wiggins today is probably a .500 basketball team at best. If you're Cleveland, you'll take a few years of cap hell and mediocrity after winning a title.

I will agree on one key point here, though. Lebron is not a GM, and the Cavs shouldn't have let him be one. If you're his teammate around free agency, you probably love the guy. But the Cavs overpaid guys they shouldn't have because Lebron wanted to keep them, and they needed to show a little backbone.

Honestly, Lebron needs to play for a team with a great GM or basketball mind like he had in Miami with Riley. He needs someone to keep him in check and tell him "We can't pay that much money to Tristan Thompson because it's insane."

Htownballa1622
02-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Any news on the Raps making a move?

Htownballa1622
02-06-2018, 10:34 AM
As for the Adams for Lou and DJ trade. Definitely nice short term but both those guys are free agents and OKC is tryna re-sign George. Let's say both those guys bounce in offseason. Now there's a gaping hole at center.

Also, OKC better try to get 3 seed or 6/7 if they want to make it to WCF. Round 2 vs Warriors isn't how they get there.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-06-2018, 10:41 AM
What was the recent incident?

Smart ended up punching a picture frame in a hotel room and cut his hand to where's he's been out for a few weeks or something along those lines.

Htownballa1622
02-06-2018, 10:57 AM
Smart ended up punching a picture frame in a hotel room and cut his hand to where's he's been out for a few weeks or something along those lines.

Rumor has it, he threw his head back and hit the floor but there was no ref to whistle it a foul.

:injury:

Giannis94
02-06-2018, 11:18 AM
Marcus has a very not accurate last name.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Rumor has it, he threw his head back and hit the floor but there was no ref to whistle it a foul.

:injury:

Lol

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 11:53 AM
How? You guys traded Kyrie when LeBron said he didn't want Kyrie to be traded. Management pushed it because Kyrie "threatened" to sit out.

Kyrie wanted out, badly enough to threaten to sit out. That's enough to get any front office to start hearing offers. Also, he MAY have threatened to opt for knee surgery (we don't know if it's true or not). Doesn't really matter what LeBron says if a guy wants out he wants out.

LeBron is the MAIN reason Kyrie wanted out in the first place.

LeBron being non-commital and signing one year deals is to make sure he never puts himself in a situation where the team doesn't want to compete.

Precisely. And Gilbert not wanting to trade the Nets pick is to make sure he never puts himself and his team in a situation where they are burned after LeBron bolts.

Hence, why I said it's BOTH Gilbert and LeBron.

Plus, this is more KD's fault than LeBron's or management. They've stacked the deck so hard that LeBron's previous moves pushing for TT's/JR's contract has been a failure now. If Warriors did not have KD, we would not be talking about this at all.

Sure, KD's decision definitely altered everything. But he's not directly responsible for the turmoil that the Cavs are in right now. No one thinks a team like Toronto or Minnesota will beat GS either, but you don't see their teams in complete disarray right now.

The deck has been stacked, but this tailspin by the Cavs is due to Gilbert and LeBron.

David Griffin just said that LeBron preferred not to be involved with the entire process. Whether that is true or not is another story.

Griffin is just yapping at the mouth. He has been doing that ever since he left the Cavs. We both know that's BS. LeBron IS involved because LeBron decides to hold the team hostage to do as he pleases (TT/JR contracts).

There is no contract of LeBron that states he has to commit for future years.

And there is no contract that states Gilbert must trade away all his assets to try to please LeBron.

If Cavs want to win and they have LeBron James, they throw down the cards and play them. LeBron James understands that an organization could trade a player for X reason when they feel like it. Why should LeBron give the Cavs a committed future when they don't even trust him enough to trade the BKLYN pick?

Tell me this.

What combination of players can the Cavs acquire (now that George won't be traded and Cousins is injured for the year) that would give them a good shot at beating the Warriors?

The Cavs ain't winning **** unless they got a guy of George/Cousins/Butler's caliber. Getting some combination of DJ and Lou will only mean that they push the Warriors to 5 or 6 games AT BEST. And then LeBron might bolt ANYWAY.

I get that you're a LeBron fan but you have to see this from the perspective of the organization, even if you disagree with it. We can't afford to get burned yet again, especially if:

1. The trade we DO make won't even change the result of the finals.
2. The trade we DO make might not even keep LeBron in the offseason.
3. Even if we do manage to keep LeBron, he's declining and gonna be 34 and it won't mean a damn thing.

So you're pushing and pushing for the Nets pick to get traded, because the future and consequences doesn't affect you. You're rooting for one player. If we get DJ and Lou and get hammered in the finals and LeBron walks then you'll be buying the jersey of his next team, whereas Gilbert and Cavs fans are left without anything for the next year.

Again, disagree all you want (I'm not trying to change your opinion on this), but at least understand why Gilbert is reluctant to trade the Nets pick for anything other than a George-level player.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 12:01 PM
And you guys can spew about how LeBron is a 'legendary/GOAT' player and the Cavs gotta do everything they can to keep him all you want.

The significant and major point is the man will be 34 next season. I don't care if he was able to fly to the moon and back in his prime - he's declining. So yes, we want to bring him back next year and we will if he signs with us in the offseason, but we're not gonna be trading away our entire future just to please him. If he was 28 years old then sure, line up every Cavs fan and we'd all take turns giving him a blowjob because that is best for the next 5 years of the franchise. But that's not the case right nowand we're gonna put the franchise above any single man.

The Mavs and Dirk are doing it right. The Cavs and LeBron aren't. I'm blaming both Gilbert and LeBron for that.

GREATNESS ONE
02-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Houston and Cleveland will make a sign and trade blockbuster trade in the Summer as Lebron will join the Rockets. Houston will send 3-1st round picks with Ryan Anderson. Might have to add a 3rd team in the mix.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Houston and Cleveland will make a sign and trade blockbuster trade in the Summer as Lebron will join the Rockets. Houston will send 3-1st round picks with Ryan Anderson. Might have to add a 3rd team in the mix.

I'd do that.

Give us three 1st round picks in the 2020's. 2020, 2022, 2024. I'd freaking love that.

GREATNESS ONE
02-06-2018, 12:18 PM
I'd do that.

Give us three 1st round picks in the 2020's. 2020, 2022, 2024. I'd freaking love that.

Looking at the cap numbers it could work with Gordon too and 2-1st rounders but Yea, I can definitely see something like that happening that makes sense for both sides. Full re-build mode Cle, Houston goes into win-now mode and Lebron gets to leave Cleveland with class and a future.

Ahriman
02-06-2018, 12:26 PM
Frankly I don't see how else it can unfold cap wise for Lebron

Or... He goes to Philly :)

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 12:27 PM
FWIW, I'm pretty sure the Cavs will make a move. They've put their feelers out all around the league and probably have a few different trades they could make. But they're likely to stretch this out 'til the deadline in case a team like the Clippers change their mind and agree to part with a guy like DJ. Or if a team like Charlotte soften up on their demands for Kemba.

GREATNESS ONE
02-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Frankly I don't see how else it can unfold cap wise for Lebron

Or... He goes to Philly :)

enjoy your Superbowl! Lolz

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 12:30 PM
And by the way, 5ass, I do like Gordon a LOT. I wouldn't be TOO angry if we got Gordon for the Nets pick. I get the feeling people would trash that move but I think in the future they'd start to see it as a good move. I think he's gonna be an all-star in this league soon (especially if he stays in the East).

I suppose I'd want Gordon + something else, though.

Ahriman
02-06-2018, 12:33 PM
enjoy your Superbowl! Lolz

Yeah it's nice for Philly but I'm a Minny fan :laugh2:

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 12:39 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8dhu36a

Nets pick going to Charlotte.

Kemba/Wade
Batum/Wade
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
Dwight/Frye

Texan_Rocket
02-06-2018, 01:01 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8dhu36a

Nets pick going to Charlotte.

Kemba/Wade
Batum/Wade
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
Dwight/Frye

Why would Charlotte do that? Taking on longer contracts than the one theyíre sending out, kind of defeats the purpose. I know theyíd get the Bklyn Pick but thatís not worth taking on Jr, Thompson and co.

They could move Kemba and Batum to another team for some expirings and picks imo Howard as well, heís been pretty productive

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 01:03 PM
That's a terrible trade. The Hornets would never do that. Brooklyn's pick isn't worth taking on all of the Cavs trash. Of course the Cavs would do it. Just because the trade machine says it will work doesn't mean it will be done or should even be mentioned. No one is taking on the Cavs trash contracts, they're stuck with them. Not sure why you seem to think teams are lined up to take on the Cavs horrible contracts.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 01:15 PM
They shed about 19M in cap space, get out of Batums contract, get the Brooklyn pick, get a young prospect worth a late 1st or early 2nd, and get to make a decision on IT. You can add Frye for Crowder if you want to shed 7M more.

Not as crazy as you all are trying to make it seem.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Yes, they get out of Batum's contract but take on worse players in TT and JR with 3 years and a lot of money remaining on their deals plus 2 years of Shumpert. They're not going to dump their bad contracts just to take on more bad contracts. Makes no sense. Keep dreaming, the Cavs are stuck with them.

Texan_Rocket
02-06-2018, 01:21 PM
They shed about 19M in cap space, get out of Batums contract, get the Brooklyn pick, get a young prospect worth a late 1st or early 2nd, and get to make a decision on IT. You can add Frye for Crowder if you want to shed 7M more.

Not as crazy as you all are trying to make it seem.

They are taking on 3 years of Crowder, Smith, and Thompson. So getting out of Batums contract and picking those up is worse for them. The pick and prospect are nice but why go to Cleveland to unload those 2 year deals and take in 3 year deals instead of finding another partner willing to trade a first and expirings for walker and batum. Thatís just not making sense to me.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 01:21 PM

Texan_Rocket
02-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Yes, they get out of Batum's contract but take on worse players in TT and JR with 3 years and a lot of money remaining on their deals plus 2 years of Shumpert. They're not going to dump their bad contracts just to take on more bad contracts. Makes no sense. Keep dreaming, the Cavs are stuck with them.

This is my thinking. I donít see how it benefits the Hornets in any way.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 01:26 PM

You sound angry, Shumpert has a player option he will probably opt out of.

Like I said, put Frye in for Crowder then and shed 27M get the Nets pick and a good young prospect.

Texan_Rocket
02-06-2018, 01:33 PM

Like I said, put Frye in for Crowder then and shed 27M get the Nets pick and a good young prospect.

I doubt Shumpert opts out. How he has been playing, he probably wonít get that in the open market.

Either way, i donít think this is beneficial to the Hornets but i could be wrong. Any Hornets fans in here to clear it up?

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 01:40 PM
I doubt Shumpert opts out. How he has been playing, he probably wonít get that in the open market.

Either way, i donít think this is beneficial to the Hornets but i could be wrong. Any Hornets fans in here to clear it up?

So you don't like them clearing 27M adding a good young prospect and a top 8 pick in the draft?

They're going to go through a rebuild if they're looking to move these guys anyways. Freeing up the cap gives them room to take back bad contracts attached with 1st round picks to help the rebuild. JR and TTs contracts don't really mean much to a rebuilding team, especially when they're getting a pick as good as the Nets. If anything then taking up that cap space will help the tank a little.

Jamiecballer
02-06-2018, 01:42 PM
All i'm seeing is tony allen but if we can get DJ/Lou for Adams and pick.... bro.. we might be the favorites.Dude... that would, i mean. I don't even... favorites for what ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Legitimate
02-06-2018, 01:47 PM

lol, looks like we aint gonna make a move :speechless::speechless:

Texan_Rocket
02-06-2018, 01:55 PM
So you don't like them clearing 27M adding a good young prospect and a top 8 pick in the draft?

They're going to go through a rebuild if they're looking to move these guys anyways. Freeing up the cap gives them room to take back bad contracts attached with 1st round picks to help the rebuild. JR and TTs contracts don't really mean much to a rebuilding team, especially when they're getting a pick as good as the Nets. If anything then taking up that cap space will help the tank a little.

Oh those contracts means something to a rebuilding team. Why do you think the Rockets are having a hard time trading Andersonís contract.

Okay to be more clear, itís not that the $27mil and pick arenít a positive, itís that they can shed those contracts without taking on 3 years of JR, TT, crowder, etc.

Theyíve had enough too 10 picks that turned out to be meh, so they might not value that kick as high as you might think. Drafted players are gambles at the end of the day.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 01:59 PM
Oh those contracts means something to a rebuilding team. Why do you think the Rockets are having a hard time trading Andersonís contract.

Okay to be more clear, itís not that the $27mil and pick arenít a positive, itís that they can shed those contracts without taking on 3 years of JR, TT, crowder, etc.

Theyíve had enough too 10 picks that turned out to be meh, so they might not value that kick as high as you might think. Drafted players are gambles at the end of the day.

I guess we'll see then.

I saw the trade was made up of IT the Nets pick and 26M in filler for Kemba and Batum, I added Dwight on my own.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:01 PM

I wouldn't say angry more like annoyed at how you post unrealistic trades (because the trade machine says they work doesn't mean anything) over and over involving other teams taking on the Cavs crap players with crap contracts. It's not happening. The Cavs ship is sinking and Lebron will be taking the only lifeboat this summer when he goes to a new team.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:01 PM
This is my thinking. I donít see how it benefits the Hornets in any way.

It doesn't but some people don't seem to realize that both teams have to benefit to get a trade done. Everyone isn't going to just make trades to help the Cavs out.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't say angry more like annoyed at how you post unrealistic trades (because the trade machine says they work doesn't mean anything) over and over involving other teams taking on the Cavs crap players with crap contracts. It's not happening. The Cavs ship is sinking and Lebron will be taking the only lifeboat this summer when he goes to a new team.

It's been rumored they're working on a deal around Kemba and Batum already so you have no clue what you're talking about, which isn't surprising. You would know all about unrealistic being a Heat fan, im sure "The Godfather" is going to bring in a whale or 2 at the deadline using the Heats even worse contracts.

The Heat are nothing without Wade and it's showing.

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2018, 02:15 PM
It's been rumored they're working on a deal around Kemba and Batum already so you have no clue what you're talking about, which isn't surprising. You would know all about unrealistic being a Heat fan, im sure "The Godfather" is going to bring in a whale or 2 at the deadline using the Heats even worse contracts.

What rumour? You just keep posting deals involving TT and JR with every team lol

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:17 PM
What rumour? You just keep posting deals involving TT and JR with every team lol

Zach Lowe.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:20 PM

And the Clippers wanted them along with the Nets pick for DJ and Lou but the Cavs didn't want to give the pick for 2 expirings so they must have some value.

I know my ****, people tried to call me out when I predicted the Kyrie trade, then the trade was exactly as I said minus Zizic and some guys were looking like clowns.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:20 PM

Sure, rumors, whatever you say. You could google pretty much any player or any team and find a rumor so that means nothing. Keep grasping at straws though and doing your little trades in the trade machine.

Now you sound angry bro, trying to bring the Heat into things. Sorry Wade jumping ship to go to the Cavs isn't going to result in him winning another championship for you or even making it out of the East.

I've not posted one thing on this thread or any of the Heat threads about unrealistic trades. I really don't expect the Heat to do anything. Unlike you I'm reasonable in my expectations that teams don't want to take on contracts that aren't great especially when they're attached to middle of the road players. Nice try though.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:21 PM

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:23 PM
I'll be glad to come back in here and say I told you so after the Cavs make no big moves before Thursday's deadline just like I told unrealistic people in the Heat forum that they weren't going to get multiple stars this past off-season.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Sure, rumors, whatever you say. You could google pretty much any player or any team and find a rumor so that means nothing. Keep grasping at straws though and doing your little trades in the trade machine.

Now you sound angry bro, trying to bring the Heat into things. Sorry Wade jumping ship to go to the Cavs isn't going to result in him winning another championship for you or even making it out of the East.

I've not posted one thing on this thread or any of the Heat threads about unrealistic trades. I really don't expect the Heat to do anything. Unlike you I'm reasonable in my expectations that teams don't want to take on contracts that aren't great especially when they're attached to middle of the road players. Nice try though.

Wade is getting out of the East at worst. Book it.

These rumors came straight out of Zach Lowes mouth so you need to clear that up with him and Woj who was on his podcast with him. Know your **** before you come at me.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:25 PM
Nope, the Cavs won't make any big moves before the deadline, won't make it out of the East, and Lebron bolts in the off-season. Book it x3.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:25 PM
I'll be glad to come back in here and say I told you so after the Cavs make no big moves before Thursday's deadline just like I told unrealistic people in the Heat forum that they weren't going to get multiple stars this past off-season.

They'll make moves, whether they're big or not depends on if they're willing to move the Nets pick. I'll be sure to remind you the Heat should've tanked when they fall out of the playoff race or get bounced in the 1st round.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Nope, the Cavs won't make any big moves before the deadline, don't make it out of the East, and Lebron bolts in the off-season. Book it x3.

Good job not commenting on the source of the rumors. Didn't want to embarrass you anymore.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:28 PM
See you in the Heat forum next year after Lebron leaves and Wade comes back to the Heat to play 6th man. No one's going to want to hear your bull **** there.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Good job not commenting on the source of the rumors. Didn't want to embarrass you anymore.

Oh man, the rumors again. Of course there are rumors. The Cavs are desperate to make a deal and will make a deal with just about anyone. Doesn't mean it's happening. There's a difference between rumors (doesn't matter who they're from) and reality. You seem to live too much in a rumor world and need to step back into reality.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:30 PM
See you in the Heat forum next year after Lebron leaves and Wade comes back to the Heat to play 6th man. No one's going to want to hear your bull **** there.

The Heat forum is garbage without me and the Heat are garbage without Wade. I'll be in the NBA forum talking to the educated while you and hotdalton dream about whales in the Heat forum.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Oh man, the rumors again. Of course there are rumors. The Cavs are desperate to make a deal and will make a deal with just about anyone. Doesn't mean it's happening. There's a difference between rumors (doesn't matter who they're from) and reality. You seem to live too much in a rumor world and need to step back into reality.

Nah you said the rumors could've came from anywhere on the internet but they came from a reliable source, don't backtrack.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:35 PM
No, I said you could find a rumor about just about any player or team by searching the internet, didn't say that's where your specific rumors were coming from. They're still rumors, no matter the source. There are rumors about pretty much every team in the NBA but that doesn't mean every team is making a deal. That's the part that you don't seem to understand.

What happened to the rumors of a Cavs deal for George Hill from a couple weeks ago that there were legit sources reporting on and that you were so sure was a done deal? Oh that one didn't work out? Too bad. That's because it was just a rumor, not reality.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 02:40 PM

Feelers. I'm glad to see that.

I wonder if the Jazz would be interested in this:

Cavs send out: Tristan Thompson, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, Cavs 1st round
Cavs receive: Derrick Favors, Ricky Rubio

Utah adds some offensive kick to their team with IT, who would be helped by having Gobert protecting the rim. They gain a backup big to replace Favors in Tristan Thompson who is only 26, Jae Crowder on a good contract as an additional wing, and Zizic as a prospect along with the Cavs 1st rounder. All for Favors who they're trying to get rid of and Rubio who hasn't quite fit in the way they expected.

Downsides: Utah has been playing very well lately and looks good with Favors and Gobert starting together. Tristan and Gobert isn't as appealing of a frontcourt and TT would likely have to come off the bench. Also, Mitchell has been great offensively so I'm not sure if the Jazz would get excited about pairing him with IT, especially since the defense with them together wouldn't be ideal, even with Gobert guarding the middle.

Just a thought.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:41 PM
No, I said you could find a rumor about just about any player or team by searching the internet, didn't say that's where your specific rumors were coming from. They're still rumors, no matter the source. There are rumors about pretty much every team in the NBA but that doesn't mean every team is making a deal. That's the part that you don't seem to understand.

What happened to the rumors of a Cavs deal for George Hill from a couple weeks ago that there were legit sources reporting on and that you were so sure was a done deal? Oh that one didn't work out? Too bad. That's because it was just a rumor, not reality.

The George Hill talks are still ongoing as well, I told you to know your **** before you come at me. Go gather yourself and try again later.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Feelers. I'm glad to see that.

I wonder if the Jazz would be interested in this:

Cavs send out: Tristan Thompson, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, Cavs 1st round
Cavs receive: Derrick Favors, Ricky Rubio

Utah adds some offensive kick to their team with IT, who would be helped by having Gobert protecting the rim. They gain a backup big to replace Favors in Tristan Thompson who is only 26, Jae Crowder on a good contract as an additional wing, and Zizic as a prospect along with the Cavs 1st rounder. All for Favors who they're trying to get rid of and Rubio who hasn't quite fit in the way they expected.

Downsides: Utah has been playing very well lately and looks good with Favors and Gobert starting together. Tristan and Gobert isn't as appealing of a frontcourt and TT would likely have to come off the bench. Also, Mitchell has been great offensively so I'm not sure if the Jazz would get excited about pairing him with IT, especially since the defense with them together wouldn't be ideal, even with Gobert guarding the middle.

Just a thought.

I wouldn't mind it, I wonder if they can find a way to swing Hood as well.

goingfor28
02-06-2018, 02:43 PM

As much as I enjoy LeBron the player, this is pretty spot on analysis here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:44 PM
Nope you were saying weeks ago that it was a done deal and would be completed that same day or within a couple days. That was weeks ago. Just another hot rumor that's now just a dying ember.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 02:45 PM

That wasn't just a rumor. They were really close to a deal but it didn't pan out because Gilbert made an unreasonable request. Several reputable sources acknowledge that.

You don't have to like rumors. That's fair - I feel the same way about most that are just pure speculation. But trade rumors are an entirely different beast and just because a deal doesn't go down doesn't mean it wasn't close, nor does it mean the rumor was illegitimate.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Nope you were saying weeks ago that it was a done deal and would be completed that same day or within a couple days. That was weeks ago. Just another hot rumor that's now just a dying ember.

Nope see Vee-Rex post. Just has to do with you not knowing your **** once again.

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2018, 02:49 PM
And the Clippers wanted them along with the Nets pick for DJ and Lou but the Cavs didn't want to give the pick for 2 expirings so they must have some value.

Wait, you actually think the Clips want JR and TT? I mean it should be common knowledge that they keep getting mentioned with the pick because Cleveland doesn't want them. If the Clips wanted them then why didn't they take them along with the Cavs pick? They have value like you said, right?

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Wait, you actually think the Clips want JR and TT? I mean it should be common knowledge that they keep getting mentioned with the pick because Cleveland doesn't want them. If the Clips wanted them then why didn't they take them along with the Cavs pick? They have value like you said, right?

They wanted those 2 with the Brooklyn pick. There's a huge difference in value between the Nets and Cavs picks and that was the difference maker. Come on man, you always have something to say but get shut down so quick. Just give it up.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Nope see Vee-Rex post. Just has to do with you not knowing your **** once again.

Haha whatever you say. You're clearly the NBA master and no one should "come at you." That trade started out as a rumor and then almost happened but then fell apart. So now at this point it's just rumors once again. Sorry that's not what you want to hear though.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 02:51 PM
but...,the trade didn't happen?

Bingo, glad to see some else sort of gets it.

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2018, 02:51 PM
As much as I enjoy LeBron the player, this is pretty spot on analysis here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

He's the greatest player on the planet and he expects that planet to revolve around him.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:52 PM

Speak of the devil! You guys really make this too easy.

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2018, 02:52 PM

But...,the trade didn't happen?

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:55 PM
But...,the trade didn't happen?

Because Hill wouldn't agree to a buyout if LeBron left this summer.......that's the only reason it's been held up.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Seems like nobody is interested in taking on bad contracts in trades.

To get rid of JR and TT contracts. it might just cost you that BK pick alone.

Frye + Cavs pick for Avery Bradley seems like a logical move.

Great move imo.

BKLYNpigeon
02-06-2018, 02:57 PM

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Haha whatever you say. You're clearly the NBA master and no one should "come at you." That trade started out as a rumor and then almost happened but then fell apart. So now at this point it's just rumors once again. Sorry that's not what you want to hear though.

The Cavs are making a deal that's a fact, just depends on which way they want to go. Donthey want Rubio, Hill, Kemba, DJ, Lou Will, etc? Really just depends on if they want to give up the Nets pick.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 02:59 PM
And yes I am the master, you shouldn't talk to your superiors the way you have been.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 03:03 PM

He thinks everyone wants Cleveland's garbage in TT, JR, Shumpert, etc. He thinks everyone in the NBA just wants to help the Cavs out by taking the terrible contracts they gave out off their hands. You're wasting your time trying to call him out on that, he doesn't get it.

Vinylman
02-06-2018, 03:04 PM
That's a terrible trade. The Hornets would never do that. Brooklyn's pick isn't worth taking on all of the Cavs trash. Of course the Cavs would do it. Just because the trade machine says it will work doesn't mean it will be done or should even be mentioned. No one is taking on the Cavs trash contracts, they're stuck with them. Not sure why you seem to think teams are lined up to take on the Cavs horrible contracts.

they would do it...

they will do anything to get rid of batums deal at this point

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 03:05 PM
The Cavs are making a deal that's a fact, just depends on which way they want to go. Donthey want Rubio, Hill, Kemba, DJ, Lou Will, etc? Really just depends on if they want to give up the Nets pick.

Depends if they want to give up the Nets pick without attaching the other garbage.

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 03:08 PM
they would do it...

Not buying that. Did you look at the trade that was proposed? They would be giving up 4 years of Batum just to take back 3 years each of TT and JR. Not worth it. They're not giving up a bad contract to just get back more bad contracts.

BKLYNpigeon
02-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Doubt Jazz would trade Rubio. He fits great there and Jazz are on a nice winning streak.

RCarlson85

Exactly, that's why the Cavs are in a bad spot because of course they want to shed their bad contracts but no one wants them.

R. Johnson#3
Because Hill wouldn't agree to a buyout if LeBron left this summer.......that's the only reason it's been held up.

Yeah, so you're wrong

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2018, 03:11 PM
He thinks everyone wants Cleveland's garbage in TT, JR, Shumpert, etc. He thinks everyone in the NBA just wants to help the Cavs out by taking the terrible contracts they gave out off their hands. You're wasting your time trying to call him out on that, he doesn't get it.

Oh no, I'm just entertaining myself. I know he's delusional.

Vinylman
02-06-2018, 03:13 PM

and there is no point to that because if LeBron leaves they will be under the tax anyway...

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 03:13 PM
You all have no clue what you're talking about haha! They would literally have DJ and Lou right now if they offered the Nets pick with their garbage contracts of JR and TT. You all are so out of the loop with everything thats gone on the last couple weeks so I won't reply to your garbage anymore. Take your time, read up on the news, and educate yourselves.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 03:14 PM
they would do it...

This! These kids don't know though.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 03:19 PM
I think every team is playing hardball. There's far more sellers than buyers right now. Something's gonna give before the deadline.

Vinylman
02-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Not buying that. Did you look at the trade that was proposed? They would be giving up 4 years of Batum just to take back 3 years each of TT and JR. Not worth it. They're not giving up a bad contract to just get back more bad contracts.

Charlotte is always broke and will be looking to save money

they break all those guys into smaller pieces which can be moved later

Getting rid of batum at this point would cost Charlotte at least a first in the late lottery plus a young guy

You act like getting a lottery pick and cap relief plus 2 good pieces in Crowder/Osman is bad

Not to mention that a guy like IT will probably be in a S&T this summer which could get Charlotte another pick.

Will it happen? I have no idea but from a value standpoint it is not off at all.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 03:36 PM
Vinylman has put the kids to bed. :sleep:

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 03:43 PM
Charlotte is always broke and will be looking to save money

they break all those guys into smaller pieces which can be moved later

Getting rid of batum at this point would cost Charlotte at least a first in the late lottery plus a young guy

You act like getting a lottery pick and cap relief plus 2 good pieces in Crowder/Osman is bad

Not to mention that a guy like IT will probably be in a S&T this summer which could get Charlotte another pick.

Will it happen? I have no idea but from a value standpoint it is not off at all.

I do agree with this.

I'm not sure WaDe03's trade goes through as it is, but it makes sense for Charlotte to consider (only consider) a trade that lands them an expiring in IT and the Nets pick. Especially since there's virtually no buyers on the market and everyone is trying to sell.

Charlotte wants to dump Batum along with Kemba. What team has 34 million in expirings along with a worthy draft pick they're willing to trade? No one.

The market determines everything. The deadline is gonna come down to teams NOT making any moves and keeping their guys or making 'meh' moves to try to get in the direction they're going. We already saw it with Blake and Detroit.

TheDish87
02-06-2018, 03:58 PM
You all have no clue what you're talking about haha! They would literally have DJ and Lou right now if they offered the Nets pick with their garbage contracts of JR and TT. You all are so out of the loop with everything thats gone on the last couple weeks so I won't reply to your garbage anymore. Take your time, read up on the news, and educate yourselves.

yea the Clips are gonna take on all that salary just for a pick in the 6-10 range?

RCarlson85
02-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Vinylman has put the kids to bed. :sleep:

No, the "kids" have an actual job where they can't post on a sports forum every 5 min all day long. You were good for some entertainment over lunch but now you're boring me.

Texan_Rocket
02-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Hornets trade i think is a no, i doubt they take on TT,JR, and company just to get rid of Batum, but i can be wrong.

The clips i can see doing it for the pick.

Honestly if your the Cavs, stand pat. There is no player out there not named Durant/Davis, that is going to get you over the hump. Maybe win the east but not beat the warriors. The warriors would sweep the Cavs today and with DJ and Lou will they go 5 games at best.

Iíve seen Lou will, when heís not on heís on, but when heís off, itís horrific.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 05:09 PM
yea the Clips are gonna take on all that salary just for a pick in the 6-10 range?

That's what they said but the Cavs wouldn't give them the Nets pick.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 05:10 PM
No, the "kids" have an actual job where they can't post on a sports forum every 5 min all day long. You were good for some entertainment over lunch but now you're boring me.

One of the perks of being your own boss!

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 06:12 PM
NBA trades are a business decision. In business, you don't make trades simply because someone says you have to. Cavs fans will project trades that Cavs fans want to happen because quite frankly, your team is playing like complete trash and it seems that you guys need a huge rehaul if you are to compete for a title. But your trades don't make sense.

Why would Clippers take on J.R./TT's contract just so they can get a pick that might not even be worth it? Drafting is Jerry West's expertise but no one wants to pay $33 million to a duo of players who are below average at their position. in J.R.'s case, he is 77th/80 in PER for SG's.

George Hill? That seems to be the only legitimate move Cavs are trying to make. In that case, who cares? George Hill isn't going to change the result nor save the Cavs season. The move to get George Hill won't do anything, tbh.

Kemba Walker+Batum. Okay, I am sorry but now this looks like you just lost Kyrie so you can get Kemba+Batum.. which is a terrible trade.

The DJ+Lou make sense and the Cavs should trade the BKLY, TT, IT, and their Cavs pick.

The fact they haven't convinced LeBron to waive his NTC tells me that LeBron probably doesn't want to relocate yet because there is no reason to want to stay in Cleveland. This organization betrayed him once again. Dan Gilbert is officially the worst owner in basketball. Moves could have been made to get other players that would help the Cavs but they were all focused on LeBron's commitment when LeBron's commitment has always been that if the Cavs can compete, he will stay. Now they traded Kyrie without consulting LeBron and they fired the one guy who actually made amazing roster changes.. David Griffin would have made a move by now to help the Cavs but they have a puppet-man in Altman for Gilbert. LeBron is leaving, 100% and Cavs will get nothing in return. Maybe if LeBron is nice he will get them a S&T deal but they don't deserve it. I was wrong about that Celtics trade but I never imagined IT/Crowder playing this awful. Both deserve to be removed from this league for collusion on the charges of both sucking so bad it's unbelievable.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 06:20 PM
NBA trades are a business decision. In business, you don't make trades simply because someone says you have to. Cavs fans will project trades that Cavs fans want to happen because quite frankly, your team is playing like complete trash and it seems that you guys need a huge rehaul if you are to compete for a title. But your trades don't make sense.

Why would Clippers take on J.R./TT's contract just so they can get a pick that might not even be worth it? Drafting is Jerry West's expertise but no one wants to pay $33 million to a duo of players who are below average at their position. in J.R.'s case, he is 77th/80 in PER for SG's.

George Hill? That seems to be the only legitimate move Cavs are trying to make. In that case, who cares? George Hill isn't going to change the result nor save the Cavs season. The move to get George Hill won't do anything, tbh.

Kemba Walker+Batum. Okay, I am sorry but now this looks like you just lost Kyrie so you can get Kemba+Batum.. which is a terrible trade.

The DJ+Lou make sense and the Cavs should trade the BKLY, TT, IT, and their Cavs pick.

The fact they haven't convinced LeBron to waive his NTC tells me that LeBron probably doesn't want to relocate yet because there is no reason to want to stay in Cleveland. This organization betrayed him once again. Dan Gilbert is officially the worst owner in basketball. Moves could have been made to get other players that would help the Cavs but they were all focused on LeBron's commitment when LeBron's commitment has always been that if the Cavs can compete, he will stay. Now they traded Kyrie without consulting LeBron and they fired the one guy who actually made amazing roster changes.. David Griffin would have made a move by now to help the Cavs but they have a puppet-man in Altman for Gilbert. LeBron is leaving, 100% and Cavs will get nothing in return. Maybe if LeBron is nice he will get them a S&T deal but they don't deserve it. I was wrong about that Celtics trade but I never imagined IT/Crowder playing this awful. Both deserve to be removed from this league for collusion on the charges of both sucking so bad it's unbelievable.

1. So now you're not cheering for the Cavs lol?

2. The Clippers wanted JR and TT if the Cavs would've given the Nets pick but they wouldn't.

3. In your proposed deal for Lou and DJ the Cavs now have a huge deal at PG that could be filled by George Hill so yes he does help. It's not just about 1 player making the team better, its about all of them combined improving the team. Gets the guys with bad attitudes killing chemistry out as well. Also can't trade the Nets pick and their pick.

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 06:24 PM
1. So now you're not cheering for the Cavs lol?

2. The Clippers wanted JR and TT if the Cavs would've given the Nets pick but they wouldn't.

3. In your proposed deal for Lou and DJ the Cavs now have a huge deal at PG that could be filled by George Hill so yes he does help. It's not just about 1 player making the team better, its about all of them combined improving the team. Gets the guys with bad attitudes killing chemistry out as well. Also can't trade the Nets pick and their pick.

1) I cheer for LeBron James because he's too great of a player to be associated with these idiots. The fact he came back to Cleveland when he could have gone anywhere else is a testament of how much he really wanted to win one for Cleveland. Sadly, I feel the management has no clue what they are doing.

2) I really doubt that is the reason but even if it is, it shows more of Cavs incompetence. You're trading away TWO terrible contracts and giving yourself a new slate to work with next season but Cavs want to stand by this BKLYN pick as if it will be a lifechanger for them. What are the odds this BKLYN pick is worth one season of LeBron James taking you to the Finals?

3) But Cavs don't want to give up that BKLYN pick so the George Hill scenario is moot. And I said it from the start.. the BKLYN pick should have been their biggest worry of the season because it was their only resort if things didn't work out. The fact they are not willing to give it up tells everyone that they don't care about winning this year as much as they should.

Htownballa1622
02-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Gortat and Oubre for Deandre Jordan?

Rumors...

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 06:28 PM
1) I cheer for LeBron James because he's too great of a player to be associated with these idiots. The fact he came back to Cleveland when he could have gone anywhere else is a testament of how much he really wanted to win one for Cleveland. Sadly, I feel the management has no clue what they are doing.

2) I really doubt that is the reason but even if it is, it shows more of Cavs incompetence. You're trading away TWO terrible contracts and giving yourself a new slate to work with next season but Cavs want to stand by this BKLYN pick as if it will be a lifechanger for them. What are the odds this BKLYN pick is worth one season of LeBron James taking you to the Finals?

3) But Cavs don't want to give up that BKLYN pick so the George Hill scenario is moot. And I said it from the start.. the BKLYN pick should have been their biggest worry of the season because it was their only resort if things didn't work out. The fact they are not willing to give it up tells everyone that they don't care about winning this year as much as they should.

1.) Should've stayed in Miami to be honest. They could've reset and built something pretty quick. They also had Pau coming if he stayed who was still an all star.

2.) it was a couple weeks ago but I believe Woj reported it. Cavs feared they would trade the pick and be left with nothing this summer if LeBron left. That's why I kept mentioning if the Clippers will extend DJ and Lou the Cavs will give them the Nets pick.

3.) Yea if getting Hill was the only move they made it wouldn't do much but that was never the plan. They should've busted the Nets *** the 2 games they lost to them because the pick would be sitting at like 4th right now with even higher value in a trade.

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 06:37 PM
1.) Should've stayed in Miami to be honest. They could've reset and built something pretty quick. They also had Pau coming if he stayed who was still an all star.

2.) it was a couple weeks ago but I believe Woj reported it. Cavs feared they would trade the pick and be left with nothing this summer if LeBron left. That's why I kept mentioning if the Clippers will extend DJ and Lou the Cavs will give them the Nets pick.

3.) Yea if getting Hill was the only move they made it wouldn't do much but that was never the plan. They should've busted the Nets *** the 2 games they lost to them because the pick would be sitting at like 4th right now with even higher value in a trade.

Nope, LeBron going to Cleveland and winning that ring was great for his own career. But it's time to move on. Warriors are too rigged and Cleveland has not done anything the past two seasons to improve their roster. It seems any moves that they make now would be too late. Maybe a team who is desperate to make something happen will budge and take whatever crap Cleveland gives but I don't see it happening now. They should have made a trade weeks ago. I think DJ will definitely get traded but his name is involved with every team and some of the deals involved for him look way better than what Cavs are trying to offer.

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Cavs offered their own pick and TT/JR for DeAndre. Are these people ********? "Hey George Hill, give up your money if Lebron leaves and you can come here." lmao, Dan Gilbert made his money being a complete schemer.

IKnowHoops
02-06-2018, 06:44 PM

Or

If the Cavs were more committed to Winning like every team should be, and they went and got Bledsoe and PG13 then they would have Browns committal by now.

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Or

If the Cavs were more committed to Winning like every team should be, and they went and got Bledsoe and PG13 then they would have Browns committal by now.

I agree with this. LeBron's commitment to the Cavs is to play his contract out. Cleveland's commitment is to compete every year. It seems Dan Gilbert doesn't want to win a championship but is more concerned about being in power.

IKnowHoops
02-06-2018, 06:48 PM
And you guys can spew about how LeBron is a 'legendary/GOAT' player and the Cavs gotta do everything they can to keep him all you want.

The significant and major point is the man will be 34 next season. I don't care if he was able to fly to the moon and back in his prime - he's declining. So yes, we want to bring him back next year and we will if he signs with us in the offseason, but we're not gonna be trading away our entire future just to please him. If he was 28 years old then sure, line up every Cavs fan and we'd all take turns giving him a blowjob because that is best for the next 5 years of the franchise. But that's not the case right nowand we're gonna put the franchise above any single man.

The Mavs and Dirk are doing it right. The Cavs and LeBron aren't. I'm blaming both Gilbert and LeBron for that.

Your future after Bron is your past before Lebron, and with that attitude, you are destined to repeat it.

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 06:52 PM
I agree with this. LeBron's commitment to the Cavs is to play his contract out. Cleveland's commitment is to compete every year. It seems Dan Gilbert doesn't want to win a championship but is more concerned about being in power.

LeBron said Dan Gilbert already got his ring so he's not going to trade the Nets pick.

IKnowHoops
02-06-2018, 06:54 PM

This

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 06:57 PM
I don't know any Cleveland fan could support the organization.. Thank God we have Presti because if we had Dan Gilbert as the head chief, I would not be able to support his b.s. Cleveland Cavs fans should have permission to not be a fan of this.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 07:01 PM
I don't know any Cleveland fan could support the organization.. Thank God we have Presti because if we had Dan Gilbert as the head chief, I would not be able to support his b.s. Cleveland Cavs fans should have permission to not be a fan of this.

:laugh2:

You get too emotional over this. I remember you trashing Presti before.

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 07:12 PM

You get too emotional over this. I remember you trashing Presti before.

1) I am not emotional. Idk why you clowns ever even claim that. I just find it depressing that an organization could be this poor.

2) Never trashed Presti. You don't know what you're talking about.

Anyhow, enjoy your team next season. I have a feeling we will not be talking about Cleveland next season...

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 07:25 PM
1) I am not emotional. Idk why you clowns ever even claim that. I just find it depressing that an organization could be this poor.

2) Never trashed Presti. You don't know what you're talking about.

Anyhow, enjoy your team next season. I have a feeling we will not be talking about Cleveland next season...

I like you flash, I do. But don't regurgitate that lame **** that I see every other day on here.

I'll have fun watching my team through their ups and downs. I'm a Cavs fan, not a Knicks + Supersonics + Thunder + whatever team LeBron-is-on fan like you are.

Cavs fans will remain Cavs fans no matter who the owner is. That's what fans of a city do.

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 07:29 PM

I like you flash, I do. But don't regurgitate that lame **** that I see every other day on here.

I'll have fun watching my team through their ups and downs. I'm a Cavs fan, not a Knicks + Supersonics + Thunder + whatever team LeBron-is-on fan like you are.

Cavs fans will remain Cavs fans no matter who the owner is. That's what fans of a city do.

I made a point that I don't see how Cavs fans can support an organization that has been poorly managed. I'm not sure you speak for all Cavs fans, do you? Are you the spokesman for the Cleveland Cavailers?

Yes, I am a Knicks fan because I want to see them do well as I am a New Yorker. And?
Yes, I am a Thunders fan because that is the only team that came out of the disbanded Seattle team. And?
Yes, I am a fan of LeBron James. Again, and?

I'm not sure why you guys seem to think being loyal to your team makes you a better fan. It doesn't. But, like I said, when you just lost LeBron because you decided to be a piss-poor organization, you're the one who truly lost.

Dade County
02-06-2018, 07:31 PM
Or

That mind set would be affective on a normal star player, but I'm afraid when it comes to Lbj; that would be the worst move possible.

He is just too unpredictable and untrustworthy.

LeBron said Dan Gilbert already got his ring so he's not going to trade the Nets pick.

Couldn't Dan say, that Lbj already got his ring for the city and he isn't going to commit.

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 07:36 PM
That mind set would be affective on a normal star player, but I'm afford when it comes to Lbj; that would be the worst move possible.

He is just too unpredictable and untrustworthy.

Couldn't Dan say, that Lbj already got his ring for the city and he isn't going to commit.

Because LeBron doesn't trust Dan Gilbert - who is the one running things in Cleveland. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't commit if there was a guy like Pop in the organization or something. I mean, LeBron committed to Miami for four seasons.

mgomrjsurf
02-06-2018, 07:38 PM
If move Trade Deadline time to midnight more Trades would happen on Thursday or ever Trade Deadline Day. Also a Wavier Trade Deadline day. Also Trade Rules in place about like Draft Picks are effecting Trades maybe.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 07:51 PM
I made a point that I don't see how Cavs fans can support an organization that has been poorly managed. I'm not sure you speak for all Cavs fans, do you? Are you the spokesman for the Cleveland Cavailers?

Do I have to be the spokesman for the Cavs to give my input on this?

Some fans are fans of the team no matter what. Doesn't mean we agree with what the organization does. I've ripped Gilbert up and down on these forums. That's just how it is. That's why I said you're being emotional - you're hopelessly caught up in all the latest reports and making stupid statements such as "how can Cavs fans support that organization".

It's sports?

Yes, I am a Knicks fan because I want to see them do well as I am a New Yorker. And?
Yes, I am a Thunders fan because that is the only team that came out of the disbanded Seattle team. And?
Yes, I am a fan of LeBron James. Again, and?

...and so you're less likely to support/root for a trash team because you have a total of 3 teams (Knicks/Thunder/LeBron) to root for any given year.

You don't seem to understand that the Cavs being horrible isn't anything new. I'm used to it. I know plenty of Cavs fans who are used to it and ready for it. Why should I get depressed about it?

It doesn't. But, like I said, when you just lost LeBron because you decided to be a piss-poor organization, you're the one who truly lost.

Well, we'll see. 1.5 years ago I celebrated a championship, so if it takes 5 years or 10 years or 15 to get back to relevance, doesn't matter to me.

At the end of the day, I think you're impatient. The deadline isn't here yet and reports are that the Cavs WILL make a move or multiple. It makes absolutely zero sense for the Cavs to blow their load right now without waiting to see if teams like the Clippers or Hornets or Jazz will ease up a little on their requests.

We'll see how things shake out at the deadline.

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 08:10 PM
Do I have to be the spokesman for the Cavs to give my input on this?

Some fans are fans of the team no matter what. Doesn't mean we agree with what the organization does. I've ripped Gilbert up and down on these forums. That's just how it is. That's why I said you're being emotional - you're hopelessly caught up in all the latest reports and making stupid statements such as "how can Cavs fans support that organization".

It's sports?

...and so you're less likely to support/root for a trash team because you have a total of 3 teams (Knicks/Thunder/LeBron) to root for any given year.

You don't seem to understand that the Cavs being horrible isn't anything new. I'm used to it. I know plenty of Cavs fans who are used to it and ready for it. Why should I get depressed about it?

Well, we'll see. 1.5 years ago I celebrated a championship, so if it takes 5 years or 10 years or 15 to get back to relevance, doesn't matter to me.

At the end of the day, I think you're impatient. The deadline isn't here yet and reports are that the Cavs WILL make a move or multiple. It makes absolutely zero sense for the Cavs to blow their load right now without waiting to see if teams like the Clippers or Hornets or Jazz will ease up a little on their requests.

We'll see how things shake out at the deadline.

Yeah, I'm totally emotional. I want Cleveland to win soooo bad. You're so right, Vee-Rex. I can care less about how your organization runs but I am deeply disappointed that they massively screwed up this season and wasted another season of a player who is the best in the world. Not many teams have that opportunity of the best player and you see the Cavs throw it out once again.

I've already said to Wade03 before that I am a basketball fan (NBA) before a fan of a team. If Thunders management sucks and gives fans zero reason to be a fan of that team, then I wouldn't be a Thunder fan. You can follow your team to death but it doesn't make you a better fan - just obsessed.

Lastly, when did we win a championship? You talk about impatience but our organization has never won and Seattle was trash since the late 90's. That's over 20 years of sucking. Maybe you forgot the poor management from Cavs such as:

1) Replacing David Griffin when numerous moves were being talked about.
2) Not talking to LeBron about trade options when he's the one who has to play with these people. LeBron knows more about how to play basketball than Dan Gilbert, does he not?
3) Trading Kyrie despite LeBron saying not to. Now the supposed player to make up for Kyrie isn't even playing better than Derrick Rose.
4) Refusing to trade that BKLYN pick but not knowing that by doing so, you lose LeBron for absolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure teams would trade their entire haul just to have leBron for a season but here you have the Cavs who would keep that BKLYN pick when they could get DJ/Lou and at least be able to compete for a title. It's not even just those two. This team needs an overhaul just for the overall presence in the locker room.

If you're a fan of a team no matter what, you're just obsessed. Dan Gilbert has given zero reason to be a Cavs fan since he bought the team. Maybe being obessed is a good thing in sports but not to me. There is zero reason for fans to be that obsessed with a team. They don't care about you if you don't have $.

Vee-Rex
02-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I'm totally emotional. I want Cleveland to win soooo bad. You're so right, Vee-Rex. I can care less about how your organization runs but I am deeply disappointed that they massively screwed up this season and wasted another season of a player who is the best in the world. Not many teams have that opportunity of the best player and you see the Cavs throw it out once again.

I've already said to Wade03 before that I am a basketball fan (NBA) before a fan of a team. If Thunders management sucks and gives fans zero reason to be a fan of that team, then I wouldn't be a Thunder fan. You can follow your team to death but it doesn't make you a better fan - just obsessed.

Lastly, when did we win a championship? You talk about impatience but our organization has never won and Seattle was trash since the late 90's. That's over 20 years of sucking. Maybe you forgot the poor management from Cavs such as:

1) Replacing David Griffin when numerous moves were being talked about.
2) Not talking to LeBron about trade options when he's the one who has to play with these people. LeBron knows more about how to play basketball than Dan Gilbert, does he not?
3) Trading Kyrie despite LeBron saying not to. Now the supposed player to make up for Kyrie isn't even playing better than Derrick Rose.
4) Refusing to trade that BKLYN pick but not knowing that by doing so, you lose LeBron for absolutely nothing. I'm pretty sure teams would trade their entire haul just to have leBron for a season but here you have the Cavs who would keep that BKLYN pick when they could get DJ/Lou and at least be able to compete for a title. It's not even just those two. This team needs an overhaul just for the overall presence in the locker room.

If you're a fan of a team no matter what, you're just obsessed. Dan Gilbert has given zero reason to be a Cavs fan since he bought the team. Maybe being obessed is a good thing in sports but not to me. There is zero reason for fans to be that obsessed with a team. They don't care about you if you don't have $.

Haven't forgotten the poor management at all. It just feels hopeless to complain about it. If Gilbert was just a GM I'd be calling for his head 24/7 but he's the freaking owner. I'd swap him with pretty much any other owner if I could.

Even despite all the tension and turmoil, Gilbert realizes that LeBron is a once in a lifetime talent who is needed for the Cavs success. LeBron could cuss him out tonight then tomorrow say he'll sign an extension and Gilbert would jump on it - who wouldn't?

Even if you disagree, I just think we're past the point of throwing away EVERYTHING for a marginal upgrade that will still get us swept in the finals, only to watch LeBron walk ANYWAY. Horrible history aside and whether or not you disagree, Gilbert is trying to look out for the future of the franchise. So trading the Nets pick is gonna have to be done very carefully or not at all.

j-bay
02-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Sadly i can the wizards trading Oubre for Jordan after Wall's comments to Gortat.

BKLYNpigeon
02-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Lebron doesnít have to commit. Itís his right as a FA. He doesnít owe Cleveland anything.

Maybe he really doesnít know what he wants do.

GREATNESS ONE
02-06-2018, 08:57 PM

Daaaaaamn :laugh2: **mic drop**

Dust yo shouldas off playa!

WaDe03
02-06-2018, 08:58 PM
Sadly i can the wizards trading Oubre for Jordan after Wall's comments to Gortat.

What did Wall say?

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Daaaaaamn :laugh2: **mic drop**

Dust yo shouldas off playa!

-still salty because I said Kobe isn't better than curry

GREATNESS ONE
02-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Hahahah I donít really care if thatís your opinion, was just funny watching Vee-Rex dismantle you. Lolz

FlashBolt
02-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Hahahah I donít really care if thatís your opinion, was just funny watching Vee-Rex dismantle you. Lolz

All the things he's said, I've admitted. There was nothing to dismantle. I find it funny that you are still salty. This is like the fourth time you've mentioned me out of nowhere. You're the new lol, please. Except, at least he was funny.

GREATNESS ONE
02-06-2018, 09:23 PM
:laugh2: ok

j-bay
02-06-2018, 09:39 PM
What did Wall say?

Bleacher Report NBA
Bleacher Report NBA
@BR_NBA

1h
Wall goes after Gortat for subtweeting about his passing: "Funny hearing Gortat talking when he gets the most spoon-fed baskets ever.Ē (link: http://ble.ac/2EKtzzF) ble.ac/2EKtzzF

mgomrjsurf
02-06-2018, 09:47 PM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/02/marco-belinelli-on-course-to-be-traded-by-deadline.html#comments Sitting Players helps them get Traded maybe but Evans has been sitting almost a week and hasen't been Trade.

Scoots
02-06-2018, 11:44 PM
You can follow your team to death but it doesn't make you a better fan - just obsessed.

Linguistically fan is short for fanatic and a fanatic is "a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal" ... sounds like someone obsessed to me.

I too am a "casual" fan of the game like you. I have the team I've followed the most ... "my team" ... but if they win or lose it doesn't really change my day. But I am fanatical as you are in that we are here essentially every day and I think that qualifies :)

beasted86
02-07-2018, 12:39 AM
With Porzingis out for the year, I wonder if Knicks blow things up?

Could flip Lee who's a solid outside threat along with Kanter as an expiring contract.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 12:40 AM
With Porzingis out for the year, I wonder if Knicks blow things up?

Could flip Lee who's a solid outside threat along with Kanter as an expiring contract.

Think I saw that pretty much everyone on the Knicks other than Kristaps has been available for a couple weeks now.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 12:44 AM
Wonder if the Wizards with all their drama being directed towards Wall would do:

IT, Frye, Cedi, and BKN pick for Wall

Giannis94
02-07-2018, 12:48 AM
Wonder if the Wizards with all their drama being directed towards Wall would do:

Jabari, Bledsoe, reigning ROTY for wall

j-bay
02-07-2018, 01:23 AM
We are not trading Wall. Wall didn't play well because he was playing hurt. Gortat started it

Dade County
02-07-2018, 02:21 AM
Lebron doesnít have to commit. Itís his right as a FA. He doesnít owe Cleveland anything.

Maybe he really doesnít know what he wants do.

And thats fine! But in return he shouldn't open his mouth and say a damn thing about the front office. They are looking to the future and he isn't apart of that future. lol

EAGLES3658
02-07-2018, 03:42 AM
We are not trading Wall. Wall didn't play well because he was playing hurt. Gortat started it

But Wall has to be more mature than that.

FlashBolt
02-07-2018, 05:32 AM
But Wall has to be more mature than that.

His entire team betrayed him but Wall needs to grow up more and learn to be a leader. Reports surfacing that his team dislikes him and what he said to J.J. barea was disgusting.

Heediot
02-07-2018, 06:02 AM
It appears the Bron supporters wants what's best for Bron and not the Cavs.

Looking t it objectively, I like the Cavs train of thought, if you don't get an all-star/top 20 piece to get you over the top, why trade away the BK pick? That BK pick might end up being more valuable after the draft lottery, when the pick may slide up. Right now it's like 8-9 range, oTOH it can easily be the top pick or late lottery when all is said and done.

I think Gilbert since Lebron came back has done everything within reason to help the Cavs contend for a title. If he slowed his roll a bit this season, looking at the Cavs performance on the floor, yeah I would proceed with caution if I was Gilbert. That BK pick will still be there in the off-season to be traded if Bron re-signs. People need to chill out and not want the best situations atm for Bron or Wade. Cavs need to think about life after LeBron too.

R. Johnson#3
02-07-2018, 07:27 AM

No way Washington does this deal. They aren't getting EITHER of JR or TT. No value here.

mgomrjsurf
02-07-2018, 08:19 AM
The NBA Trade Deadline right know is the like the MLB Free-Agents out their meaning if no Trades today then less Tomorrow maybe.

theducksmuggler
02-07-2018, 10:35 AM
The NBA Trade Deadline right know is the like the MLB Free-Agents out their meaning if no Trades today then less Tomorrow maybe.

Sellers are just flooding the market there is a very small portion of teams buying and they know exactly what they want Thunder(Defensive wing to replace Roberson) Celtics(Scoring off the bench Guard/Wing) Timberwolves(Bench scoring Guard/Wing) 76ers(Scoring off the bench+defensive backup center Wing/Guard/Center)....those are just off the top of my head but with teams knowing they dont have much competition and are lowballing most likely it will be a standstill until which side buckles will teams offer a little more or will teams cave and take a low offer so they can get anything for their assets.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 10:40 AM
No way Washington does this deal. They aren't getting EITHER of JR or TT. No value here.

Where are you?

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 10:44 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9mspbl3

BKN pick to Charlotte. Trade made by Bleacher report.

Kemba/Wade
CJ/Korver
LeBron/Crowder
Marvin/Green
TT/Frye

BKLYNpigeon
02-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Looks like Lou Williams going to re-up with the clippers.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 10:56 AM

Yep, I read he's off the trade block. That's a shame.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Clippers haven't been able to gain traction on a Deandre Jordan deal.

WaDe03
02-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Hoping for a lot of activity today.

tucksoe
02-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Hoping for a lot of activity today.
Me to, fan!!

mightybosstone
02-07-2018, 11:25 AM

That's super confusing to me for both Lou Will and the Clippers. If you're LA, you're delusional if you think you're a legitimate contender in the West with the core you have. The only way they're going to compete is if they can convince another superstar to join next season, and I just don't see that happening unless Lebron is desperate to move to LA and the Lakers can't get a second star. The path that makes the most sense for them is to go full-on tank mode, or else they're going to be in NBA purgatory for the next 4-5 years.

For Lou Will, I think I read recently that the max extension he could sign with the Clippers would be something like four years, $42 million. I could be wrong, but if that's the case, that's a terrible deal for a guy with his skillset. If winning isn't the most important thing to him, then he could easily make $15 million-$20 million on the open market with somebody.

Can someone explain this to me? Why does this make sense for either side?

mightybosstone
02-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Clippers haven't been able to gain traction on a Deandre Jordan deal.

If they're looking to lock down Lou Will long-term, then I've got to think DJ is part of that process, too. I think it's insane to think the Clippers could contend with this core without another major star in the mix, but either the Clippers' front office doesn't care or they know something I don't.

LA4life24/8
02-07-2018, 11:50 AM
That's super confusing to me for both Lou Will and the Clippers. If you're LA, you're delusional if you think you're a legitimate contender in the West with the core you have. The only way they're going to compete is if they can convince another superstar to join next season, and I just don't see that happening unless Lebron is desperate to move to LA and the Lakers can't get a second star. The path that makes the most sense for them is to go full-on tank mode, or else they're going to be in NBA purgatory for the next 4-5 years.

For Lou Will, I think I read recently that the max extension he could sign with the Clippers would be something like four years, $42 million. I could be wrong, but if that's the case, that's a terrible deal for a guy with his skillset. If winning isn't the most important thing to him, then he could easily make $15 million-$20 million on the open market with somebody.

Can someone explain this to me? Why does this make sense for either side?

What team w cap this free agency is gonna give Lou a max? Theres like 6 teams that could afford that and i dont think he'd be top priority at that price. That summer the cap exploded for sure he'd get maxed so fast. Just not this offseason

The only team i could see is brooklyn. But they have dlo dinwiddie n levert.

Maybe he just has really enjoyed his time in clipper land

BKLYNpigeon
02-07-2018, 11:51 AM
I donít think any teams is going to offer him that kind of money. A lot of teams are capped out, thereís not going to be a lot of spending.

From the clippers standpoint, theyíre still a team, you have to sell tickets and win 30 games a year. Itís a manageable contract, and you can easily move it. Clippers can bust a Blake Griffin again and trade Lou next season as well haha.

mightybosstone
02-07-2018, 11:52 AM
What team w cap this free agency is gonna give Lou a max? Theres like 6 teams that could afford that and i dont think he'd be top priority at that price. That summer the cap exploded for sure he'd get maxed so fast. Just not this offseason

The only team i could see is brooklyn. But they have dlo dinwiddie n levert.

Who said anything about a max? A 4-year deal for $60 million-$70 million is a totally reasonable contract for Lou Will and would be well below the max.

mightybosstone
02-07-2018, 11:55 AM
I donít think any teams is going to offer him that kind of money. A lot of teams are capped out, thereís not going to be a lot of spending.
But the problem is that the team is going to be too good to be in that 25-30 win mark and consistently getting a top 10 pick. More than likely, they'll be in that 35-45 win mark and end up with a pick around 12-18. And that's pretty much the worst place you can be as a basketball team. It's professional sports purgatory.

From the clippers standpoint, theyíre still a team, you have to sell tickets and win 30 games a year. Itís a manageable contract, and you can easily move it. Clippers can bust a Blake Griffin again and trade Lou next season as well haha.
And that's the other piece of this that I hadn't even mentioned. But Blake just got done locking in a massive long-term deal a few months ago and was traded in a deal he had no control over. Why would any quality players want to lock in max deals with them right now after witnessing a situation like that?

LA4life24/8
02-07-2018, 12:04 PM
Who said anything about a max? A 4-year deal for $60 million-$70 million is a totally reasonable contract for Lou Will and would be well below the max.

You said 15-20 million? That's gotta be pretty close to his max? No? Well at least 20 anyway?

But again how many teams even have 15 mill to offer? And only 1 hole to fill?

GREATNESS ONE
02-07-2018, 12:05 PM
Lou stayed in Cali for the Beaches, beautiful weather, big booty *****es and that Cali weed

BKLYNpigeon
02-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Not every team can tank like the Sixers.

Iím sure Jerry West knows what heís doing. Resign Lou and you can trade him next year for more since heís locked up to an affordable contract.

mightybosstone
02-07-2018, 12:09 PM
You said 15-20 million? That's gotta be pretty close to his max? No? Well at least 20 anyway?

But again how many teams even have 15 mill to offer? And only 1 hole to fill?

Nah. Without looking too much into it, I've got to think a max for a guy like Lou, who's been in the league 11-12 years, would be somewhere in the $30 million-$35 million per season range. As good as he's been this year, he doesn't warrant a contract anywhere close to that.