PDA

View Full Version : Trade block and rumors 2017-18 season till deadline then lock

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

BKLYNpigeon
01-29-2018, 03:29 PM
SVG not coaching a rebuild team. he's not going to blow it up.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2018, 03:35 PM
I don't know, but apparently Detroit is currently in a bit of an indecisive moment on whether or not they should just blow everything up. At least, that appears to be the situation they're in just by reading all the Pistons fans posts on the big site.

Also, you list the Nets pick as #7-10 (it is currently at #7) as if that's gonna be the final value. They're only 1 game away from being #5 and 2 games away from being #4. #10 is 2 games away so if you're going to provide a more accurate range, #4-#10 is better.

The list of contending/bestNonGS teams (because let's face it, NONE of the lottery teams are gonna blow their chance at Marvin Bagley, Deandre Ayton or even Michael Porter for Drummond) that can offer better than the Nets pick is VERY small.

The only contending/bestNonGS team that can outbid the Cavs are the Celtics. Rockets, Thunder, Raptors, and Spurs don't have a draft pick as valuable as the Nets pick nor do they really have any players they might trade that are more valuable than a Kevin Love or Isaiah Thomas (exception being PG but doesn't look like he will be traded, and maybe Valanciunas but the Raps pick won't be as valuable as the Nets pick).

The days of superstar X or Y (and Drummond is only a borderline all-star player) pulling a 300 draft pick haul + 20 potential all star players is long gone.

Unlikely? Cool, but I wouldn't say it's impossible to get Drummond if the Nets pick is dangled.

I think the Nets pick is off the table especially if Cavs are up for sale. New owners want a promising new franchise player after LeBron eventually walks or whatever. Also Gilbert wanted to hang onto the pick any since LeBron doesn't want to commit. So Cavs missed out on PG13 and Bledsoe in other trades as well. Its all on LeBron.

Cavs best luck would be hoping LeBron wants out now. They could flip LeBron for Kuzma,Randle,Deng. Then sit on that Nets pick. Flip Love at trade deadline or draft night. Flip IT as well for a late first or used as a expiring. Wade can be flipped for a second rounder or packaged with LeBron to Lakers.

Let Smith be the tank driver a couple seasons.

TrueFan420
01-29-2018, 03:37 PM
If the Clippers decide they're not going to blow it up, is it crazy of me to think they may send a 1st for Rose?

Yes it's crazy as hell

Vee-Rex
01-29-2018, 03:39 PM

His seat also isn't the coldest around either.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2018, 03:40 PM

They were shopping Drummond and Jackson last summer or trade deadline. Also Pistons not in playoff seed as of today. There like 2 wins behind 8th seed 76ers.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2018, 03:45 PM

Guess ya can ignore that other tweet of the buyout of Noah.

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 03:46 PM

You don't know that.

BKLYNpigeon
01-29-2018, 03:47 PM
Pistons just opened a new Arena in Downtown Detroit and are having trouble selling tickets.

It would be suicide for them to tank.

Vee-Rex
01-29-2018, 03:48 PM
They were shopping Drummond and Jackson last summer or trade deadline. Also Pistons not in playoff seed as of today. There like 2 wins behind 8th seed 76ers.

They've also lost 8 straight, and 11 of their last 13 games, with 2 wins, one against the lowly Nets, and the other against the Rockets who were playing without Harden (and the Pistons were missing Drummond).

They have 5 more games before the deadline: tough games against the Cavs, Blazers, and a Heat team that has played well in 2018.

Anyone suggesting that there's no chance the Pistons would blow it up don't know basketball.

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 03:49 PM
I don't know, but apparently Detroit is currently in a bit of an indecisive moment on whether or not they should just blow everything up. At least, that appears to be the situation they're in just by reading all the Pistons fans posts on the big site.

Also, you list the Nets pick as #7-10 (it is currently at #7) as if that's gonna be the final value. They're only 1 game away from being #5 and 2 games away from being #4. #10 is 2 games away so if you're going to provide a more accurate range, #4-#10 is better.

The list of contending/bestNonGS teams (because let's face it, NONE of the lottery teams are gonna blow their chance at Marvin Bagley, Deandre Ayton or even Michael Porter for Drummond) that can offer better than the Nets pick is VERY small.

The only contending/bestNonGS team that can outbid the Cavs are the Celtics. Rockets, Thunder, Raptors, and Spurs don't have a draft pick as valuable as the Nets pick nor do they really have any players they might trade that are more valuable than a Kevin Love or Isaiah Thomas (exception being PG but doesn't look like he will be traded, and maybe Valanciunas but the Raps pick won't be as valuable as the Nets pick).

The days of superstar X or Y (and Drummond is only a borderline all-star player) pulling a 300 draft pick haul + 20 potential all star players is long gone.

Unlikely? Cool, but I wouldn't say it's impossible to get Drummond if the Nets pick is dangled.

Well said. Great post.

Vee-Rex
01-29-2018, 03:50 PM
Pistons just opened a new Arena in Downtown Detroit and are having trouble selling tickets.

Which is precisely why the idea of acquiring a draft pick that could potentially swing Ayton, Porter, or Bagley is something they would consider.

The Drummond/Jackson era isn't good enough, especially when you look at other East teams with young talent (like Philly, Boston, and Milwaukee).

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 03:51 PM

So they should be a middle of the pack team?

Trae Young and Porter JR would put people in those seats.

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 03:53 PM
It's hilarious to me how everyone tries to devalue this Nets pick now that it's the Cavs lol!

Vee-Rex
01-29-2018, 03:59 PM
It's hilarious to me how everyone tries to devalue this Nets pick now that it's the Cavs lol!

I think people are tired of seeing Cavs related trade rumors and it's showing.

Idk what to say about it. Grab a book, play your PS4, or watch some GS Warriors highlights or something if that's what you prefer to do. LeBron's contract is ending and the Cavs are the only 'contender' besides Boston with assets that could encourage a big trade. The Cavs could reach the finals or get knocked out in the 2nd round, be a contender next year or a lottery team depending on LeBron's decision. Lots of possibilities, so they're gonna be featured in a lot of trade talk.

Thems the breaks.

mightybosstone
01-29-2018, 04:01 PM
I'm not ruling it out, but I'm not seeing any tweets or articles about Drummond being shopped at this point, and until we do, I think we can assume he's not likely on the table.

Right, but if you're close to the Nets record right now and you actually have your first round pick, you're probably a few days or weeks ago from going into full-on tank mode. A lot of those teams will also be sellers at the trade deadline, so they're likely to get even worse.

The Nets have no real reason to play any worse than they're currently playing with no first rounder to benefit from. And with Russell back in the lineup and getting healthy, I have to think that they're more likely to finish ahead of teams like LA and Chicago in the standings than they are to fall further behind teams like Memphis or Phoenix. Common sense tells me that they're more likely to finish 9th than they are 5th.

So if Thomas and/or Love are part of the conversation, I think it's a different story. You throw an All-Star caliber player together with a lottery pick, and that's a very enticing package. But the pick alone doesn't exactly excite me if I'm a team with a young All-Star caliber player locked in for several more years.

Never said it was impossible. But the Brooklyn pick and scrubs (which are mostly signed on bad contracts) is not likely going to be close to enough for me if I'm Detroit. And I think you're underestimating the packages other teams can put together. If I'm a young team with a talented young core player, and I think Drummond could help me put together an All-Star caliber duo for the next 10 years, I'd be willing to deal a high draft pick to make that happen.

There's quite a few teams out there who Drummond would make a ton of sense for. Milwaukee, for example, has some good young pieces they could package to get Drummond. And if Phoenix thought that a Booker/Drummond duo showed promise, they could offer up a better draft pick than the Brooklyn pick and a massive expiring deal in Greg Monroe.

Texan_Rocket
01-29-2018, 04:02 PM

Well in all fairness, it was so coveted before because it was supposed to be a top 3 pick. Doesnít look like itíll be that anymore. (So far)

But itís should still be very valuable to any rebuilding team, if Iím the Cavs i keep both picks, stand pat and let this team get itself together like i predict they will. They wonít win a championship but tbh, they arenít winning a ship with any trade out there so just compete with these guys, and if LeBron leaves you start the rebuild. If he for some reason stays, start trying to trade those picks near the draft.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2018, 04:26 PM
Well in all fairness, it was so coveted before because it was supposed to be a top 3 pick. Doesnít look like itíll be that anymore. (So far)

But itís should still be very valuable to any rebuilding team, if Iím the Cavs i keep both picks, stand pat and let this team get itself together like i predict they will. They wonít win a championship but tbh, they arenít winning a ship with any trade out there so just compete with these guys, and if LeBron leaves you start the rebuild. If he for some reason stays, start trying to trade those picks near the draft.

Welcome to PSD!

Texan_Rocket
01-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Welcome to PSD!

Thanks! I use to post on here quite frequently in highschool back in 2007-2010 but fell off when i went to college. I still read the forums daily just never post because i lost my password to my account so i decided to post again.

Vee-Rex
01-29-2018, 04:56 PM
I'm not ruling it out, but I'm not seeing any tweets or articles about Drummond being shopped at this point, and until we do, I think we can assume he's not likely on the table.

I think if he was on the table last year then it's certainly possible he's on the table this year: for the right price. And judging from Pistons fans, it seems like blowing it up isn't off the table.

I do suggest reading other teams folders especially on the big site where there's TONS of fans - you kind of get an idea on where a team stands. Tons are calling for SVG's head and a rebuild and entertaining trading their entire roster.

Obviously the fans aren't the front office and the front office may feel differently, but it paints a bit of a picture.

Right, but if you're close to the Nets record right now and you actually have your first round pick, you're probably a few days or weeks ago from going into full-on tank mode. A lot of those teams will also be sellers at the trade deadline, so they're likely to get even worse.

Valid point. Still, even if it's more likely they finish 10th than 4th, I don't think anyone's ruling out that it could easily be #4 or #5. The Nets play @NY, vs. Philly, vs. LAL, vs. MIL, vs. HOU, @DET, all before the deadline. They could be 5th by that point, with some of the weaker teams playing each other in that stretch (so wins HAVE to be had).

The Nets have no real reason to play any worse than they're currently playing with no first rounder to benefit from. And with Russell back in the lineup and getting healthy, I have to think that they're more likely to finish ahead of teams like LA and Chicago in the standings than they are to fall further behind teams like Memphis or Phoenix. Common sense tells me that they're more likely to finish 9th than they are 5th.

Fair point.

So if Thomas and/or Love are part of the conversation, I think it's a different story. You throw an All-Star caliber player together with a lottery pick, and that's a very enticing package. But the pick alone doesn't exactly excite me if I'm a team with a young All-Star caliber player locked in for several more years.

I personally don't think that TT is just complete trash as an asset and it appears NBA teams don't feel that way either. But leave it to PSD to assign that status to a Cavs player just because the team has been losing in 2018. Also, leave it to PSD to make a player seem invaluable if he has a good game or two.

Never said it was impossible. But the Brooklyn pick and scrubs (which are mostly signed on bad contracts) is not likely going to be close to enough for me if I'm Detroit. And I think you're underestimating the packages other teams can put together. If I'm a young team with a talented young core player, and I think Drummond could help me put together an All-Star caliber duo for the next 10 years, I'd be willing to deal a high draft pick to make that happen.

I don't think TT is a scrub and it doesn't appear that other NBA teams feel that way either. Frye is an expiring that has already (at least from reports) drawn interest, and the topper is obviously the Nets pick. Pieces like Cedi has also drawn interest as well.

There's quite a few teams out there who Drummond would make a ton of sense for. Milwaukee, for example, has some good young pieces they could package to get Drummond. And if Phoenix thought that a Booker/Drummond duo showed promise, they could offer up a better draft pick than the Brooklyn pick and a massive expiring deal in Greg Monroe.

The Bucks are a possibility, but I have to think Detroit would be more interested in the potential of the Brooklyn pick over a guy like Middleton (who looks to have hit his ceiling) or Parker (who is extremely injury prone).

Maybe you guys don't realize what kind of draft this? I think you're underestimating the guys that are coming up in the draft. Porter has been compared to Jayson Tatum but a little BETTER. That's not even talking about Bagley who might have gone before Porter even if Porter never got injured. If the Nets pick finish #5 as a worst record then you have a shot at a potential franchise-superstar.

Do you prefer to be a middle-of-the-pack team or have a chance at a guy that could very well be a superstar? It makes zero sense for the Pistons to trade Drummond in a rebuild UNLESS they were gonna acquire a pick that could potentially net one of those players, so going for Milwaukee's guys doesn't make that much sense.

For the very same reason, why would Phoenix trade THEIR chance away for Drummond? That's makes zero sense.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2018, 04:59 PM

Probably unreliable source or fake news but i'll post it.

BKLYNpigeon
01-29-2018, 05:04 PM

its because its not a top 5 pick.

probably should have traded it before the season started.

Vee-Rex
01-29-2018, 05:04 PM

You know... I was just thinking earlier today.

If I'm the Cavs I keep the Brooklyn pick. I try to trade our #1 pick along with other guys to get some defensive guys in. Maybe we can snag a buyout that could help and build our chemistry with IT to win the East again.

Why?

Because unless we can get a Paul George, will we truly be able to compete with GS? Cousins is out for the year so no way do we look in his direction.

Keep the Brooklyn pick and use it as a bargaining chip during the offseason to try to persuade LeBron to sign. Sure, LeBron would never agree to sign right now, but there's a chance he may agree to an extension around draft time, and THEN we could trade the Brooklyn pick to try to get another all-star.

And if LeBron doesn't agree around draft time we can still make our draft selection and offer that selection in trades in July if LeBron agrees to re-sign.

But if we blow our load right now (trading the BrK pick) and lose in the finals then we have absolutely NOTHING to sell LeBron on in the offseason.

So I'm against trading the Brooklyn pick unless Paul George shoots us a wink or two (not gonna happen though).

Vee-Rex
01-29-2018, 05:10 PM
its because its not a top 5 pick.

probably should have traded it before the season started.

It's like 1 game out of being #5, though.

I'm pretty sure if the Grizzlies beat the Suns tonight then the Brooklyn pick is at #6 (or tied for it).

It's sooo close that it makes little sense to have a, "It doesn't have much value anymore because it's not top 5 right now" mentality.

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 05:21 PM
It's like 1 game out of being #5, though.

I'm pretty sure if the Grizzlies beat the Suns tonight then the Brooklyn pick is at #6 (or tied for it).

It's sooo close that it makes little sense to have a, "It doesn't have much value anymore because it's not top 5 right now" mentality.

This! Also, I encourage everyone to do a little research on the top 15 players in the draft. There's some very high potential in there.

Superstar potential:

Bagley
Young
Porter
Doncic
Sexton (my dark horse pick)

All star potential:

Ayton
Bamba
Bridges
Jackson JR.
Knox
Walker

Vee-Rex
01-29-2018, 05:24 PM
Speaking on ESPN Radio about the subject of Hillís potential trade to Cleveland, Ryan Hollins said that Cleveland was trying to coax Hill into agreeing to a preliminary buyout next season should LeBron James decides to walk away from the team in the summer. Hill, however, declined to be part of the plan, putting the trade talks off the table for now.

That's just... sad. Gilbert/Altman deserves another facepalm. :facepalm:

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 05:57 PM
That's just... sad. Gilbert/Altman deserves another facepalm. :facepalm:

Good lord that's dumb as **** if true.

Storch
01-29-2018, 06:01 PM
Cavs please take kcp 🙏🏻

lakers squad
01-29-2018, 06:15 PM
Lakers have discussed a Clarkson for Bradley swap!

lakers squad
01-29-2018, 06:38 PM
I would trade Randle and Clarkson for Thompson and that nets pick probably....we are starting to open up a little to taking back short bad contracts for picks! Doubt the cavs would do it and not for sure the lakers would either, I think his contract is three years, two years would be more like what we would want to take back!

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 06:55 PM
I would trade Randle and Clarkson for Thompson and that nets pick probably....we are starting to open up a little to taking back short bad contracts for picks! Doubt the cavs would do it and not for sure the lakers would either, I think his contract is three years, two years would be more like what we would want to take back!

Not a chance the Cavs would do that.

FlashBolt
01-29-2018, 06:57 PM
Lmao, Cavs management are embarrassing. Now they want George Hill to forfeit his money if LeBron leaves? LMAO, these guys are total clowns. Unprofessional as hell.

Htownballa1622
01-29-2018, 07:12 PM

Um?

Blink
01-29-2018, 07:16 PM

Um?

Say what?

CELTICS4LYFE
01-29-2018, 07:47 PM
Lebron gunna be mad about this one too? Missed out on Blake now lol maybe clips will blow it up and trade hem DJ now

FlashBolt
01-29-2018, 08:03 PM
Lebron gunna be mad about this one too? Missed out on Blake now lol maybe clips will blow it up and trade hem DJ now

Why would LeBron want Blake? Lol. He's a non-asset and Love is better.

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 08:41 PM
Why would LeBron want Blake? Lol. He's a non-asset and Love is better.

That LeBrob-Griffin-Love front court would've given the Warriors a lot of problems.

Vee-Rex
01-29-2018, 08:45 PM
That LeBrob-Griffin-Love front court would've given the Warriors a lot of problems.

I'm not sure how well that would've worked. LeBron and Love need a banger in the middle and Blake retooled his game to be more perimeter-oriented - not that he was ever a huge banger before.

Blake needs the ball in his hands a lot as well and he is oft-injured. I feel like he's a great fit in Detroit on a team that needs a guy to do things with the ball, but I don't think he would've been a good fit on the Cavs.

FlashBolt
01-29-2018, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure how well that would've worked. LeBron and Love need a banger in the middle and Blake retooled his game to be more perimeter-oriented - not that he was ever a huge banger before.

Blake needs the ball in his hands a lot as well and he is oft-injured. I feel like he's a great fit in Detroit on a team that needs a guy to do things with the ball, but I don't think he would've been a good fit on the Cavs.

Yep. Love+Blake both need the ball to be effective and none of them can defend or protect the rim. That's a terrible lineup for the Cavs. And add IT to it? Bruh, the amount of defense the Cavs play would be the lowest on any team at that point. If anything, a Love for Blake trade would have made more sense if that's what they wanted but at this point, I still think Love>Blake. Cavs need to trade TT and up their C position. That's their answer. Their defense sucks because no one protects the paint. Having a guy like DJ can change that. He's a much better TT.

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 08:49 PM

FlashBolt
01-29-2018, 08:50 PM

Lol. Looks like Miami wants to get rid of Whiteside's contract.. He was always overrated. One or two seasons for teams to finally give a damn about stopping him and he hasn't looked great since.

WaDe03
01-29-2018, 08:56 PM
Lol. Looks like Miami wants to get rid of Whiteside's contract.. He was always overrated. One or two seasons for teams to finally give a damn about stopping him and he hasn't looked great since.

He fell off a little when Wade left. Wades 2 man game with a big is all time great.

Scoots
01-29-2018, 09:08 PM
Lmao, Cavs management are embarrassing. Now they want George Hill to forfeit his money if LeBron leaves? LMAO, these guys are total clowns. Unprofessional as hell.

Like I said, who has confidence Koby can pull off even one of these trades talked about let alone 3, 4, or 5 like some have talked about?

I heard a funny thing on the radio the other day when talking about trades with the Cavs a national writer said with the Cavs play falling off, if he traded with the Cavs for a pick he'd protect himself against the nets doing too well by demanding "the worst between the Nets and Cavs picks" :)

beasted86
01-30-2018, 12:18 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yay3gqm9

Who says no?

Miami: Gets a wing scorer and insurance in a shooter so they don't have to overpay Ellington
Lineup: Dragić, Richardson, Middleton, JJ, Favors.

Utah: Get the scoring PF who fits next to Gobert and young enough to grow with Mitchell.
Lineup: Rubio / Mitchell / Ingles / Parker / Gobert

Bucks: Get a huge upgrade rebounding and defensively and a nice combo wing who could grow and thrive.
Lineup: Bledsoe / Brogdon / Hood / Giannis / Whiteside

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 09:12 AM

Who says no?

Miami: Gets a wing scorer and insurance in a shooter so they don't have to overpay Ellington

Utah: Get the scoring PF who fits next to Gobert and young enough to grow with Mitchell.

Bucks: Get a huge upgrade rebounding and defensively and a nice combo wing who could grow and thrive.

Bucks say no. Since Hood is so so and RFA this summer which we wont have any cap to pay him. Yeah we can match but not worth it when in the tax. Bucks lose in this trade. Also Bucks got a log jam at the wings. Bucks never had Giannis,Parker,Middleton together much. Were not rocking the boat. Heat make out like bandits. If we couldn't land Jordan for much less. We sure aren't trading two starters and 40ppg for Whiteside which most stats prove Heat are better when he's on the bench.

beasted86
01-30-2018, 09:39 AM
Bucks say no. Since Hood is so so and RFA this summer which we wont have any cap to pay him. Yeah we can match but not worth it when in the tax. Bucks lose in this trade. Also Bucks got a log jam at the wings. Bucks never had Giannis,Parker,Middleton together much. Were not rocking the boat. Heat make out like bandits. If we couldn't land Jordan for much less. We sure aren't trading two starters and 40ppg for Whiteside which most stats prove Heat are better when he's on the bench.
Bucks are the worse rebounding team in the league and 24th defensively and Parker helps none of that. Difference between Whiteside and Jordan trade is Jordan is likely looking for more that Whiteside currently earns in his new contract and he's only currently signed to a 1yr deal. Also a year older.

You'll also similarly eat the tax when you resign Parker, and there's inherent risk he gets injured again. In this move you avoid that risk.

The roster composition is also very flawed. Parker is slow as a wing and if you put him defensively at the PF makes your rebounding worse.

Middleton is clearly best suited as a SF, and is a step slow as a full time SG.

And likely 0-1% chance Parker and Middleton are "40 PPG". You're really assuming that those 3 give you 65+ PPG a night? Delusional.

Heat get back two good pieces but likely have to let Favors walk in the summer. He's a decent big but will probably want $16M+ which he's not worth. Will have to start Bam or Olynk. Trade is basically Whiteside for Middleton with a half year rental of Favors. That's not "making out" when you look at it like that.

beasted86
01-30-2018, 09:46 AM
Whiteside which most stats prove Heat are better when he's on the bench.

I've also constantly seen this chimed in without much proof. Heat are statistically no better with Whiteside in or out, but definitely not worse. You must be talking about years ago.

TheDish87
01-30-2018, 10:28 AM
He fell off a little when Wade left. Wades 2 man game with a big is all time great.

or Whiteside stopped giving a ****.

TheDish87
01-30-2018, 10:31 AM

Who says no?

thats a huge downgrade for the Bucks defensively.

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 10:31 AM
or Whiteside stopped giving a ****.

Nah, his 2K rating means too much for him to do that.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 10:42 AM
Bucks are the worse rebounding team in the league and 24th defensively and Parker helps none of that. Difference between Whiteside and Jordan trade is Jordan is likely looking for more that Whiteside currently earns in his new contract and he's only currently signed to a 1yr deal. Also a year older.

You'll also similarly eat the tax when you resign Parker, and there's inherent risk he gets injured again. In this move you avoid that risk.

The roster composition is also very flawed. Parker is slow as a wing and if you put him defensively at the PF makes your rebounding worse.

Middleton is clearly best suited as a SF, and is a step slow as a full time SG.

And likely 0-1% chance Parker and Middleton are "40 PPG". You're really assuming that those 3 give you 65+ PPG a night? Delusional.

Heat get back two good pieces but likely have to let Favors walk in the summer. He's a decent big but will probably want $16M+ which he's not worth. Will have to start Bam or Olynk. Trade is basically Whiteside for Middleton with a half year rental of Favors. That's not "making out" when you look at it like that.

Parker is a career 20ppg. Middleton 20.4ppg this season. Yeah with Giannis and Bledsoe and Brogdon. Not enough touches to go around. But your trade is way to lopsided in Heats favor. Heck Bucks could leave Heat out and go for Favors for much less. Jazz gave away Kanter other year. Favors is expiring and possible rental. I don't see him fetching a major haul.

Jazz probably don't wanna pay him next summer. Hood is meh. Bucks fans already discussed Favors,Hood packages before. I rather go cheap skate route of a Dedmon or O'Quinn or Vucevic. Doubt they break the bank. Yeah not as talented as a Jordan or Whiteside. But not $22.6M this year and cost a haul either. Any of them discount guys still a upgrade over Henson,Maker,Plumlee.

If Bucks front office wasn't dangling Middleton or Parker for Jordan what makes ya think we cave and dump both for Whiteside? Most Bucks offering in most big name trades is probably Maker,Wilson,Vaughn and a future pick after Suns pick conveys in 2020. So 2022 pick maybe on the block. Bucks didn't even want to dangle Brogdon or Maker for Bledsoe.

beasted86
01-30-2018, 12:02 PM
Parker is a career 20ppg. Middleton 20.4ppg this season. Yeah with Giannis and Bledsoe and Brogdon. Not enough touches to go around. But your trade is way to lopsided in Heats favor. Heck Bucks could leave Heat out and go for Favors for much less. Jazz gave away Kanter other year. Favors is expiring and possible rental. I don't see him fetching a major haul.

Jazz probably don't wanna pay him next summer. Hood is meh. Bucks fans already discussed Favors,Hood packages before. I rather go cheap skate route of a Dedmon or O'Quinn or Vucevic. Doubt they break the bank. Yeah not as talented as a Jordan or Whiteside. But not $22.6M this year and cost a haul either. Any of them discount guys still a upgrade over Henson,Maker,Plumlee.

If Bucks front office wasn't dangling Middleton or Parker for Jordan what makes ya think we cave and dump both for Whiteside? Most Bucks offering in most big name trades is probably Maker,Wilson,Vaughn and a future pick after Suns pick conveys in 2020. So 2022 pick maybe on the block. Bucks didn't even want to dangle Brogdon or Maker for Bledsoe.

I guess you're of the false belief Parker puts you over the top.

Once you extend him and have to pay Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon next summer you're guaranteed tax for a team that's currently 5th with major rebounding and defensive deficiencies.

If Parker returns and is mediocre over the last set of games this season it will make things even worse. He'll still ask for $20M based off age and last year's performance, and Bucks will be forced to give it to him based on zero cap space and a market that won't draw a forced trade by another star.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 12:08 PM
I guess you're of the false belief Parker puts you over the top.

Once you extend him and have to pay Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon next summer you're guaranteed tax for a team that's currently 5th with major rebounding and defensive deficiencies.

If Parker returns and is mediocre over the last set of games this season it will make things even worse. He'll still ask for $20M based off age and last year's performance, and Bucks will be forced to give it to him based on zero cap space and a market that won't draw a forced trade by another star.

Parker's last set of games? He's back this Friday versus Knicks. Poor ****ing Knicks. hahahahha You can keep that douche bag Whiteside. Parker,Middleton combo is a package for a big name player. Not some farmed project from Pat. Most guy's that move on from Pat regress fast on other teams. Whiteside is a immature punk. Bucks don't have time for knuckleheads.

lakers squad
01-30-2018, 12:43 PM
like i said, who has confidence koby can pull off even one of these trades talked about let alone 3, 4, or 5 like some have talked about?

I heard a funny thing on the radio the other day when talking about trades with the cavs a national writer said with the cavs play falling off, if he traded with the cavs for a pick he'd protect himself against the nets doing too well by demanding "the worst between the nets and cavs picks" :)
lmao

R. Johnson#3
01-30-2018, 12:44 PM
Parker's last set of games? He's back this Friday versus Knicks. Poor ****ing Knicks. hahahahha You can keep that douche bag Whiteside. Parker,Middleton combo is a package for a big name player. Not some farmed project from Pat. Most guy's that move on from Pat regress fast on other teams. Whiteside is a immature punk. Bucks don't have time for knuckleheads.

To be fair with Parker's injury history I wouldn't even trade a pick for him. He has Brandon Roy 2.0 written all over him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 12:48 PM
To be fair with Parker's injury history I wouldn't even trade a pick for him. He has Brandon Roy 2.0 written all over him.

Its possible if he gets injured again. We will see Friday night versus Knicks.

TheDish87
01-30-2018, 12:55 PM
lol hes gonna play like 10-15 mins. watch out NY!!!!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 01:06 PM

You still trolling? Embiid should of played last night. Yet you thought you'd have a civilized discussion with Bucks board. Yet who ya plan on posting to? I am the Bucks board. Rest mainly lurkers of the news I find on twitter. No need to hear your jive about Philly. If ya want a discussion chat with your other Philly trolls.

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 01:06 PM

:laugh:

JLynn943
01-30-2018, 01:13 PM
You still trolling? Embiid should of played last night. Yet you thought you'd have a civilized discussion with Bucks board. Yet who ya plan on posting to? I am the Bucks board. Rest mainly lurkers of the news I find on twitter. No need to hear your jive about Philly. If ya want a discussion chat with your other Philly trolls.

Every time you've posted in the Kings forum, you've seemed fair and like you actually think things through. Maybe I missed something, but I don't know why you're getting all this hate :shrug:

I'd rather have Parker and Middleton than Whiteside, too. I don't trust Whiteside's head (which is why the Kings abandoned ship on him to begin with).

TheDish87
01-30-2018, 01:23 PM
read all his posts in this thread or to me in the bucks forum yesterday and today. something is really wrong with him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 01:32 PM
read all his posts in this thread or to me in the bucks forum yesterday and today. something is really wrong with him.

Ya see me sitting in the 76ers forum? Heck no. Nothing to talk about with you. I be better off blocking all the annoying posters here. This main NBA section been a dumpster fire like forever.

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 01:38 PM
Ya see me sitting in the 76ers forum? Heck no. Nothing to talk about with you. I be better off blocking all the annoying posters here. This main NBA section been a dumpster fire like forever.

You'd be better off hitting up hooked on phonics.

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 02:15 PM

Mirotic to Pelicans.

mightybosstone
01-30-2018, 02:20 PM

Mirotic to Pelicans.

That's really interesting. I'm curious to see how that plays out. If Mirotic looks good in that system next to Davis, does that prevent from the Pelicans from re-signing Cousins? For Chicago, I guess that makes sense, but am I the only one who thinks they should have gotten more for Mirotic considering how good he's been this season? Or maybe there will be other pieces to this trade that haven't been announced yet...

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 02:25 PM
That's really interesting. I'm curious to see how that plays out. If Mirotic looks good in that system next to Davis, does that prevent from the Pelicans from re-signing Cousins? For Chicago, I guess that makes sense, but am I the only one who thinks they should have gotten more for Mirotic considering how good he's been this season? Or maybe there will be other pieces to this trade that haven't been announced yet...

He's putting up Kevin Love numbers so I agree. I wanted him on the Cavs as a possible Love replacement if they decided to move him in a bigger deal. I think this is all included in this deal.

mightybosstone
01-30-2018, 02:27 PM
He's putting up Kevin Love numbers so I agree. I wanted him on the Cavs as a possible Love replacement if they decided to move him in a bigger deal. I think this is all included in this deal.

Yeah, I wanted Mirotic in Houston, too. I really like his potential.

If you have time, this is probably worthy of its own thread. Definitely worthy of some discussion. I'd create one myself, but I'm swamped the rest of the day.

BKLYNpigeon
01-30-2018, 02:29 PM
DJ to the Bucks heating up.

mightybosstone
01-30-2018, 02:30 PM

Source?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 02:44 PM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 02:45 PM
Source?

Yeah I didn't see it on my twitter feed yet either. Unless its buried. Which is possible. But i'm gullible for trade news. They say what Bucks coughing up?

TheDish87
01-30-2018, 02:49 PM

Mirotic to Pelicans.

so i guess AD moves to C and Mirotic starts at the 4? good move regardless, they might be able to hold onto that 8th seed.

dhopisthename
01-30-2018, 02:49 PM
the mirotic deal fell through for now. as stated above the math doesn't work out.

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 02:59 PM

Show us

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 02:59 PM
the mirotic deal fell through for now. as stated above the math doesn't work out.

Kinda like hockey trades. A player to be named later.

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 03:00 PM
Wonder if the Pels and Bulls still work something out. I would think so.

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I wanted Mirotic in Houston, too. I really like his potential.

If you have time, this is probably worthy of its own thread. Definitely worthy of some discussion. I'd create one myself, but I'm swamped the rest of the day.

Looks like it fell through but if they get it fixed I'll post one.

BKLYNpigeon
01-30-2018, 03:02 PM
The Celtics own the Clippers protected 2019 1st round pick (top 14 protected)

Clippers can probably reclaim it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 03:16 PM

Link?

BKLYNpigeon
01-30-2018, 03:16 PM
I heard it on ESPN this morning, said they were making a push for him.

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 03:25 PM

Link of you watching/listening to ESPN this morning?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 03:35 PM

Okay thanks.

LeonFSU
01-30-2018, 03:54 PM
I rather go cheap skate route of a Dedmon or O'Quinn or Vucevic. Doubt they break the bank. Yeah not as talented as a Jordan or Whiteside. But not $22.6M this year and cost a haul either. Any of them discount guys still a upgrade over Henson,Maker,Plumlee.

What do you think an offer from the Bucks for Vucevic might look like?

BKLYNpigeon
01-30-2018, 03:54 PM
Clippers probably trying hard drive the price up for DJ.

WaDe03
01-30-2018, 03:56 PM
Clippers probably trying hard drive the price up for DJ.

After seeing what Griffin was traded for what makes you think this?

goingfor28
01-30-2018, 04:04 PM
After seeing what Griffin was traded for what makes you think this?I think they got a decent return for Blake. His contract was ****ing awful.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RCarlson85
01-30-2018, 04:05 PM
I think they got a decent return for Blake. His contract was ****ing awful.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Plus he's injured all the time.

Scoots
01-30-2018, 04:06 PM
The Celtics own the Clippers protected 2019 1st round pick (top 14 protected)

Clippers can probably reclaim it.

It converts to a 2nd round pick if the Clippers are in the lottery the next 2 years.

BKLYNpigeon
01-30-2018, 04:26 PM

Clippers got away from an awful contract. Blake is set to make 30m next season and Injury Prone.

They got a 1st round pick, Tobias Harris who's 25 and Avery Bradley, who's worth a 1st round pick if they wanted to flip him. Its a low key good haul in return.

KG2TB
01-30-2018, 04:33 PM
Plus he's injured all the time.

Plus the clips play better without him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 04:34 PM
What do you think an offer from the Bucks for Vucevic might look like?

Hard to say what Magic want. Thought I read a tweet that the Magic don't want to many picks or young guys. Since they have enough young guys already and don't want to slow down the rebuild to a halt. I'd offer up Maker and possibly soon to be medically retired $10.5M expiring Teletovic. Unless they don't like Maker then Wilson and Vaughn and Telly for Vucevic.

Unless they prefer something else other then Telly. Then i'd offer up Henson or Snell or Delly with Maker yet. But i'm not the GM. Bucks didn't offer up Brogdon or Maker with Suns. That was the Suns starting asking price for Bledsoe. We still twisted their arm with a heavy protected first and expiring Moose.

But since Hammond is now GM of the Magic he may still like some guys from the Bucks. Hard to say. All I know is I don't want Biyombo's contract.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Clippers got away from an awful contract. Blake is set to make 30m next season and Injury Prone.

They got a 1st round pick, Tobias Harris who's 25 and Avery Bradley, who's worth a 1st round pick if they wanted to flip him. Its a low key good haul in return.

They should flip Bradley to Cavs for Shumpert and Cavs very own pick. Its not great but another pick. Then whatever they get from Jordan and Lou is a bonus yet. Unless Clippers want that capspace. Then hang onto Jordan,Lou,Bradley. Then use that cap in the summer or on draft night to eat contracts they want from other teams and get assets back. Draft night be better. Then they know where picks will be then.

LeonFSU
01-30-2018, 04:53 PM
Hard to say what Magic want. Thought I read a tweet that the Magic don't want to many picks or young guys. Since they have enough young guys already and don't want to slow down the rebuild to a halt. I'd offer up Maker and possibly soon to be medically retired $10.5M expiring Teletovic. Unless they don't like Maker then Wilson and Vaughn and Telly for Vucevic.

Unless they prefer something else other then Telly. Then i'd offer up Henson or Snell or Delly with Maker yet. But i'm not the GM. Bucks didn't offer up Brogdon or Maker with Suns. That was the Suns starting asking price for Bledsoe. We still twisted their arm with a heavy protected first and expiring Moose.

But since Hammond is now GM of the Magic he may still like some guys from the Bucks. Hard to say. All I know is I don't want Biyombo's contract.

Based on what I read somewhere they aren't looking for much, at least that's what I think I read about trading Payton or Fournier. I think expiring contracts and established players on rookie deals might be what they're looking for. Do you think the Bucks would give up on Maker so quickly?

BKLYNpigeon
01-30-2018, 05:10 PM
They should flip Bradley to Cavs for Shumpert and Cavs very own pick. Its not great but another pick. Then whatever they get from Jordan and Lou is a bonus yet. Unless Clippers want that capspace. Then hang onto Jordan,Lou,Bradley. Then use that cap in the summer or on draft night to eat contracts they want from other teams and get assets back. Draft night be better. Then they know where picks will be then.

I think the Clippers should keep Bradley. Beverly-Bradley Backcourt is solid.

Chronz
01-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Shaq was traded from the lakers to Miami then traded from Miami to the Suns then traded to Cleveland who did not re sign him. So he signed with Boston. Shaq never ran to another team but was forced out by Buss because Shaq was getting fat and comfortable in LA. Once he was traded to Miami then Shaq had something to prove. Shaq lost 30 pounds and he won a title and the very next season he gained to much weight again that he got swept by a Lou Deng led team. In-Shape/Motivated Shaq was beyond Jordanís fadeaway or Curryís 3. Fat Shaq was just a fat basketball player.

Still a top 5 player ever.
Shaq was losing weight when traded and continued losing weight. Get your facts straight youngin

Chronz
01-30-2018, 06:06 PM

Value

beasted86
01-30-2018, 06:59 PM

Yes, last set of games this season.

If over the next 30 games he puts up shell of himself numbers like IT and Leonard have... And his number dips to like 13 PPG, you'd still end up forced to pay him $20M+ regardless, and just cross your fingers it's "rust" and not permanent downgrade.

Smells a lot like the Elton Brand situation Philly was in a few years ago that set the franchise back 5 years.

Heediot
01-30-2018, 07:17 PM
I think the Clippers should keep Bradley. Beverly-Bradley Backcourt is solid.

defensively. still need a playmaker in the starting 5 if those two are in the backcourt. it`s a ball handler-pnr or pace and space league.

warfelg
01-30-2018, 07:30 PM
Smells a lot like the Elton Brand situation Philly was in a few years ago that set the franchise back 5 years.

Thanks for the nightmares tonight.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 12:49 AM
Love TT Shumpert Crowder Cedi Zizic Nets pick for Lou Will DJ Bradley and Tobias

Nets pick, 2 young prospects, and increase the value of their own pick.

Wade/IT
Bradley/Lou Will
LeBron/Korver
Tobias/Green
DJ/Frye

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 01:24 AM
https://streamable.com/pwear

Shannon Sharpe says the Cavs have a huge power move they're going to do before the deadline.

Dade County
01-31-2018, 04:58 AM

Shannon Sharpe says the Cavs have a huge power move they're going to do before the deadline.

Can't wait to see the move.

Heediot
01-31-2018, 06:24 AM
Anything Shannon Sharpe says about the Cavs is to troll Skip, who is a renowned Bron hater.

Vinylman
01-31-2018, 08:33 AM

they are done now with the Love injury

TheDish87
01-31-2018, 09:34 AM
Yes, last set of games this season.

If over the next 30 games he puts up shell of himself numbers like IT and Leonard have... And his number dips to like 13 PPG, you'd still end up forced to pay him $20M+ regardless, and just cross your fingers it's "rust" and not permanent downgrade.

i wouldnt say Brand set us back 5 years. we didnt get the MVP caliber player we hoped with his injury but he was atleast a high end defender. many other things set us back before Brand.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 10:11 AM
they are done now with the Love injury

Nah he'll be back.

R. Johnson#3
01-31-2018, 10:33 AM
Love TT Shumpert Crowder Cedi Zizic Nets pick for Lou Will DJ Bradley and Tobias

Nets pick, 2 young prospects, and increase the value of their own pick.

Wade/IT
Bradley/Lou Will
LeBron/Korver
Tobias/Green
DJ/Frye

I would actually love to see this trade go down. Lou Will and IT together on defence would be like watching dumb and dumber.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 10:44 AM
I would actually love to see this trade go down. Lou Will and IT together on defence would be like watching dumb and dumber.

As they combine for 50 off the bench lol.

Blink
01-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Pistons need vet wings now. Our frontcourt is loaded with

Dre/Moreland/Reed
Blake/Tolliver/Luer/Henry Ellenson/Brice Johnson

Only locks are Dre/Griffin

Likely not moving Tolliver (great vet in locker room and production) Luer (Unless SVG can work some more magic. Also done for the year)

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 10:59 AM
Monday: Blake Griffin traded
Tuesday: Mirotic trade happens, then falls through
Wednesday: ???

Vinylman
01-31-2018, 11:11 AM
Nah he'll be back.

doesn't matter... they are done ... not enough time to gel as a unit

Cleveland should be preparing for LBJ's inevitable departure by dumping as many of the bad deals as they can

Vinylman
01-31-2018, 11:12 AM
Monday: Blake Griffin traded
Tuesday: Mirotic trade happens, then falls through
Wednesday: ???

mirotic fell through because they wouldn't exercise his option for next year so he told them to **** off

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 11:13 AM
doesn't matter... they are done ... not enough time to gel as a unit

Cleveland should be preparing for LBJ's inevitable departure by dumping as many of the bad deals as they can

They'll be in the Finals regardless. They should look st what they can get for Love the Nets pick Crowder Cedi Zizic TT JR Shumpert though.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 11:15 AM
mirotic fell through because they wouldn't exercise his option for next year so he told them to **** off

Dang lol, I thought it was because salaries didn't match. Sounds like he'll end up in Utah but Cavs should make a run at him to replace Love. Their numbers are very similar this year on the same usage.

Ahriman
01-31-2018, 11:40 AM
Mirotic has always been straight up atrocious and now that he's had a good string of 25 games, people are willing to trade for this guy? smh
Dude knows he's in a contract year so he's more dedicated than usual that's it

dhopisthename
01-31-2018, 11:49 AM
Dang lol, I thought it was because salaries didn't match. Sounds like he'll end up in Utah but Cavs should make a run at him to replace Love. Their numbers are very similar this year on the same usage.

only way he goes to utah is if the bulls decide they don't need a first for him.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 11:53 AM
Mirotic has always been straight up atrocious and now that he's had a good string of 25 games, people are willing to trade for this guy? smh
Dude knows he's in a contract year so he's more dedicated than usual that's it

He's only a 4th year player and he stayed at the Bulls facility all summer and added 20 pounds of muscle in the offseason. He's played very well, teams should want him. Especially a team who just lost a player very similar to him.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 11:54 AM
only way he goes to utah is if the bulls decide they don't need a first for him.

I would assume that won't happen then. Is that the only thing holding them up?

dhopisthename
01-31-2018, 12:13 PM
I would assume that won't happen then. Is that the only thing holding them up?

yeah our local beat reporter who is pretty connected has said they jazz won't give up a first. it makes sense when you consider that we probably aren't making the playoffs this year.

Vinylman
01-31-2018, 12:21 PM
yeah our local beat reporter who is pretty connected has said they jazz won't give up a first. it makes sense when you consider that we probably aren't making the playoffs this year.

the only reason Chicago was getting a first from NO was because they were taking back Asik's horrible deal. I doubt anyone has to give up a first for Mirotic unless they take a bad deal back especially with the benchmark now being that they have to exercise the team option on Mirotic for next year.

TheDish87
01-31-2018, 12:48 PM
Sixers interested in Tyreke Evans. Not willing to give up a first though. Im all for adding him to our bench though, would be a big addition.

dhopisthename
01-31-2018, 01:11 PM
the only reason Chicago was getting a first from NO was because they were taking back Asik's horrible deal. I doubt anyone has to give up a first for Mirotic unless they take a bad deal back especially with the benchmark now being that they have to exercise the team option on Mirotic for next year.

yeah he has a no trade clause so he can pick where he wants to go. it was reported that he wanted to go the Jazz. I also think he is smart and realizes that the free agency next year is dicey at best and that the 12.5 is more then people are going to get.

mightybosstone
01-31-2018, 01:34 PM
Sixers interested in Tyreke Evans. Not willing to give up a first though. Im all for adding him to our bench though, would be a big addition.

I just saw that the Rockets have expressed interest in him as well. They're not going to give up a first rounder (and don't have one this season anyway) for him, but they have a high second rounder and could throw in Black to make the salaries work. I don't think he's going to end up in Houston, but I'd love to have him for depth. The guy's having a career year.

Vinylman
01-31-2018, 01:45 PM
yeah he has a no trade clause so he can pick where he wants to go. it was reported that he wanted to go the Jazz. I also think he is smart and realizes that the free agency next year is dicey at best and that the 12.5 is more then people are going to get.

Si... the jazz don't have any bad deals... do they have a high second round pick? like in the top 5?

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 01:47 PM
Cavs also interested in Evans.

Vinylman
01-31-2018, 01:51 PM
Cavs also interested in ______________

fixed

BKLYNpigeon
01-31-2018, 01:57 PM
Cavs interested in everyone. lol. They don't know what they want.

Koby Altman is the Yes Man and Dan Gilbert is the real GM there.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 02:11 PM

They don't know what to do without Griffin.

Vee-Rex
01-31-2018, 02:15 PM

Judging from your posts, you're getting too much enjoyment out of this. :(

warfelg
01-31-2018, 02:22 PM
Wright/Evans to Philly for Bayless/Protected 1st being discussed.

JLynn943
01-31-2018, 02:23 PM
Tyreke can be an impact player wherever he ends up. I think he's worth a lottery-protected first.

BKLYNpigeon
01-31-2018, 02:27 PM
Judging from your posts, you're getting too much enjoyment out of this. :(

its good drama for the NBA.

I don't remember the NBA being more entertaining then the last 5 years.

Big Zo
01-31-2018, 03:04 PM
Milwaukee interested in Whiteside. Jabari Parker would have to be part of the deal.

FlashBolt
01-31-2018, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure LeBron can get to the Finals this season if the Cavs continue playing like this. I honestly think the Celtics can beat them.

BKLYNpigeon
01-31-2018, 04:52 PM
Cavs aren't losing in a best of 7 Series in the East.

TheDish87
01-31-2018, 05:22 PM
i wont be shocked. last night was an embarrassment, flat out. this doesnt look like a team thats just coasting either like we have seen in the past.

beasted86
01-31-2018, 06:55 PM
Milwaukee interested in Whiteside. Jabari Parker would have to be part of the deal.
Parker is an interesting piece, but no way I'd trade straight up.

Either have to be a deal where we get multiple pieces or a 3 team deal where we unload a bad long term contract. Like dumping Waiters or James Johnson.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 07:40 PM
Tyreke and Niko are sitting out until they're traded to the Cavs.

FlashBolt
01-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Tyreke and Niko are sitting out until they're traded to the Cavs.

Honestly, Cavs need to trade LeBron and if LeBron tells them that he will only waive his NTC if they trade Wade as well with him, they should do it. It's past coasting this time. This team just doesn't know how to work together and it seems like a few of them are getting thrown off with all this trade conversation. Trade LeBron and rebuild.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 08:02 PM
Honestly, Cavs need to trade LeBron and if LeBron tells them that he will only waive his NTC if they trade Wade as well with him, they should do it. It's past coasting this time. This team just doesn't know how to work together and it seems like a few of them are getting thrown off with all this trade conversation. Trade LeBron and rebuild.

We'll see, I think you're overreacting. They were garbage the 2nd half of last year too. The difference this year is that they're for sure making moves at the deadline.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 08:06 PM
If the Cavs can just improve the starters they'll be fine. They ****ing suck.

FlashBolt
01-31-2018, 08:09 PM
We'll see, I think you're overreacting. They were garbage the 2nd half of last year too. The difference this year is that they're for sure making moves at the deadline.

This year is different.

1) Love is injured.
2) IT is a new piece who still has not felt comfortable.
3) LeBron is slowing down. Ask V-Rex. LeBron can't do the things he was able to do physically to get past defenders. He's working harder to get the shots he wants.
4) Lue still hasn't figured out a rotation that works.
5) Key players names are being involved in trade discussions this late into the season.

beasted86
01-31-2018, 09:00 PM
Cavs will be stupid to trade the 8th pick knowing LeBron is leaving.

Their best route is to trade for young pieces that can both help now and if LeBron leaves. I'd also be doing everything possible to move guys for expiring deals. TT for Greg Monroe, JR and Frye for Rodney Hood and Favors. Moves that keep them competitive but also shed long term pay.

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 09:35 PM
This year is different.

1) Love is injured.
3) LeBron is slowing down. Ask V-Rex. LeBron can't do the things he was able to do physically to get past defenders. He's working harder to get the shots he wants.
5) Key players names are being involved in trade discussions this late into the season.

1) didn't he get injured last year too then played very well in the playoffs?
2) yes but this definitely takes time, he missed 7 months with an injury he really couldn't do much physically.
3) I think he's bored to be honest, I'm not worried about him at all
4) yea Lue is garbage, bench is very good, starters need some changes (trades)
5) I don't see any problem with this, TT and Love are always in rumors I feel like
6) let's see what they look like after the deadline before giving a final judgement, there's a lot of players out there that can help

WaDe03
01-31-2018, 09:39 PM
Cavs will be stupid to trade the 8th pick knowing LeBron is leaving.

Their best route is to trade for young pieces that can both help now and if LeBron leaves. I'd also be doing everything possible to move guys for expiring deals. TT for Greg Monroe, JR and Frye for Rodney Hood and Favors. Moves that keep them competitive but also shed long term pay.

It's 6th right now.

Would you take anything for Ellington/Whiteside/Richardson?

Scoots
01-31-2018, 10:46 PM
This year is different.

1) Love is injured.

6) Will Altman be able to construct a trade someone will actually accept.
7) Will Griffin then not screw it up.

beasted86
01-31-2018, 11:15 PM
It's 6th right now.

Would you take anything for Ellington/Whiteside/Richardson?

Nets pick, Cavs pick this year, Love, Shump, Frye.

lakers squad
02-01-2018, 12:48 AM
Lakers have been offered a 1st rd pick for Randle and Clarkson by multiple teams, they have also been offered cap relief for both by multiple teams, but the lakers want a first and cap relief for each, whoever the team is that steps up and offers us cap relief and a first for one or both of them will be the team that gets a deal done. Otherwise I think we should just keep both them!

TrueFan420
02-01-2018, 01:25 AM
Lakers have been offered a 1st rd pick for Randle and Clarkson by multiple teams, they have also been offered cap relief for both by multiple teams, but the lakers want a first and cap relief for each, whoever the team is that steps up and offers us cap relief and a first for one or both of them will be the team that gets a deal done. Otherwise I think we should just keep both them!

Please post a link cause I don't buy that you've been offered first or cap relief for either. Lakers would have bit on either option.

FlashBolt
02-01-2018, 03:50 AM
1) didn't he get injured last year too then played very well in the playoffs?
2) yes but this definitely takes time, he missed 7 months with an injury he really couldn't do much physically.
3) I think he's bored to be honest, I'm not worried about him at all
4) yea Lue is garbage, bench is very good, starters need some changes (trades)
5) I don't see any problem with this, TT and Love are always in rumors I feel like
6) let's see what they look like after the deadline before giving a final judgement, there's a lot of players out there that can help

1) Love was not injured for 2 months closing into the playoffs... When Cavs already have chemistry issues.
2) His attitude is pathetic for a player who has been sucking.
3) He used to be bored and dominate anyways. Not the same this season. I've seen enough to where I believe he's slowing down.
5) Not to this extent. A complete overhaul this late into the season?
6) There's also a lot of players who the Cavs have no one wants right now. Love is injured. Only a team who wants to compete in the playoffs would trade for him right now. IT, who wants that guy? His trade value is pathetic right now. Shump/Channing/J.R./TT...? You'd have to give someone a blowjob if you want any team to take one of those guys. This is where LeBron screwed up.. he wanted to be the GM but also wanted the team to make payouts to his friends.. who are clearly not worth the money and now they have untradable contracts. I mean, J.R. is literally one of the worst NBA players right now making 15 million per season... TT is making $18 million and the only thing he gets on the news for is regarding Kardashian drama. That's $33 million (a max contract NBA player) for two useless clowns who are playing below average. Thanks, LeBron. Could you imagine if they offered those two less money, got rid of some contracts, and convinced KD to join like the Warriors did? I mean, KD+LeBron+Love+Kyrie on the same team instead of J.R. Crackhead and Tristan Kardashian?

TheDish87
02-01-2018, 10:09 AM

no one is offering both. the entire league knows the Lakers dont plan on keeping on Radnle so they have no leverage.

WaDe03
02-01-2018, 10:11 AM
1) Love was not injured for 2 months closing into the playoffs... When Cavs already have chemistry issues.
2) His attitude is pathetic for a player who has been sucking.
3) He used to be bored and dominate anyways. Not the same this season. I've seen enough to where I believe he's slowing down.
5) Not to this extent. A complete overhaul this late into the season?
6) There's also a lot of players who the Cavs have no one wants right now. Love is injured. Only a team who wants to compete in the playoffs would trade for him right now. IT, who wants that guy? His trade value is pathetic right now. Shump/Channing/J.R./TT...? You'd have to give someone a blowjob if you want any team to take one of those guys. This is where LeBron screwed up.. he wanted to be the GM but also wanted the team to make payouts to his friends.. who are clearly not worth the money and now they have untradable contracts. I mean, J.R. is literally one of the worst NBA players right now making 15 million per season... TT is making $18 million and the only thing he gets on the news for is regarding Kardashian drama. That's $33 million (a max contract NBA player) for two useless clowns who are playing below average. Thanks, LeBron. Could you imagine if they offered those two less money, got rid of some contracts, and convinced KD to join like the Warriors did? I mean, KD+LeBron+Love+Kyrie on the same team instead of J.R. Crackhead and Tristan Kardashian?

I still think you're overreacting, we'll see how they look after the deadline.

Wes Mantooth
02-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Lebron should be playing the 4 anyway. The guy is a match up nightmare. Way too fast for NBA 4's.

WaDe03
02-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Lebron should be playing the 4 anyway. The guy is a match up nightmare. Way too fast for NBA 4's.

I agree, easily his best position.

WaDe03
02-01-2018, 11:10 AM
1 week from today is the deadline, hopefully the activity starts picking up soon.

WaDe03
02-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Could be a nice piece to add to a contender. Especially via buyout.

archdevil84
02-01-2018, 12:45 PM
i just want the cavs to get rid of JR smith and improve defensively. Get a big defender to protect the basket or maybe courtney lee for wing defense of whatever

warfelg
02-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Joe Johnson angling for a trade/buyout in Utah. I want Philly all over that. We need a bench scorer so bad.

dhopisthename
02-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Joe Johnson angling for a trade/buyout in Utah. I want Philly all over that. We need a bench scorer so bad.

I think if he does the buyout thing he really wants to go to a team angling for a deep playoff run. don't think the 76ers qualify. also should be noted that he has been terrible this year. He is a mannequin on defense and his shot hasn't been falling as it normally does.

Texan_Rocket
02-01-2018, 01:37 PM

Heís been inconsistent this year but Iíd want the rockets all over this. Canít have enough shooters on our team.

LeonFSU
02-01-2018, 01:50 PM
The Thunder should go after Joe Johnson if he gets bought out.

WaDe03
02-01-2018, 02:09 PM

Is it real this time?

Vee-Rex
02-01-2018, 02:27 PM

Is it real this time?

It's done.

Vee-Rex
02-01-2018, 02:28 PM
Done deal.

The Chicago Bulls have agreed to trade Nikola Mirotic to the New Orleans Pelicans for Omer Asik, Tony Allen, Jameer Nelson and a 2018 first round pick.

Allen is likely to be waived by the Bulls.

The first round pick will have minimal protections. Chicago will also send a second round pick to the Pelicans and the right to exchange seconds in the 2021 draft.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/ESPN

kdspurman
02-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Jameer and Tony Allen will be waived.

Allen probably makes some sense for OKC to kinda fill that void of Roberson

WaDe03
02-01-2018, 02:36 PM

JLynn943
02-01-2018, 02:42 PM
There's also a lot of players who the Cavs have no one wants right now. Love is injured. Only a team who wants to compete in the playoffs would trade for him right now. IT, who wants that guy? His trade value is pathetic right now. Shump/Channing/J.R./TT...? You'd have to give someone a blowjob if you want any team to take one of those guys. This is where LeBron screwed up.. he wanted to be the GM but also wanted the team to make payouts to his friends.. who are clearly not worth the money and now they have untradable contracts. I mean, J.R. is literally one of the worst NBA players right now making 15 million per season... TT is making $18 million and the only thing he gets on the news for is regarding Kardashian drama. That's $33 million (a max contract NBA player) for two useless clowns who are playing below average. Thanks, LeBron. Could you imagine if they offered those two less money, got rid of some contracts, and convinced KD to join like the Warriors did? I mean, KD+LeBron+Love+Kyrie on the same team instead of J.R. Crackhead and Tristan Kardashian?

This is how I've felt about the Cavs for a while now. LeBron the GM screwed up badly. Way too much money invested in players I wouldn't even want as a GM unless they were dirt cheap bench players. I'm hoping my Kings don't trade Hill to them if it means getting Shump, JR, or Frye. TT is a solid player, but I wouldn't want him on that contract either.

YAALREADYKNO
02-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Like that pick up for the pelicans

YAALREADYKNO
02-01-2018, 02:59 PM

Jameer still playing?

bleedprple&gold
02-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Why did the Pelicans not want Mirotic to pick up his team option? It seems like they WOULD want him to pick it up otherwise they could be giving up a 1st round pick for a 3 month rental. Then again this is the Pelicans so I wouldn't put it past them.

Shammyguy3
02-01-2018, 04:37 PM
So stoked that Niko is off the Bulls. It's astonishing that Chicago was able to get a 1st for him. Hopefully Robin Lopez is next to go. Cleveland maybe? Milwaukee? Boston? Minnesota? Houston? San Antonio?

Which contender needs a + defender at center and an efficient one at that?

Vinny642
02-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Why did the Pelicans not want Mirotic to pick up his team option? It seems like they WOULD want him to pick it up otherwise they could be giving up a 1st round pick for a 3 month rental. Then again this is the Pelicans so I wouldn't put it past them.

"The Pelicans are also planning to guarantee the $12.5M salary of Mirotic for the 2018-19 season, so this isn't just a rental."

Vinny642
02-01-2018, 05:01 PM
We got rid of Asik's BS contract too

Muttman73
02-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Niko has had a good year, but um, he's not particularly good.

Vinny642
02-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Niko has had a good year, but um, he's not particularly good.

He's also been playing on a tanking team...

bleedprple&gold
02-01-2018, 06:22 PM
"The Pelicans are also planning to guarantee the $12.5M salary of Mirotic for the 2018-19 season, so this isn't just a rental."

Yeah but they didn't want to. That was why the trade took so long to complete.

bleedprple&gold
02-01-2018, 06:22 PM
We got rid of Asik's BS contract too

And the Pelicans are trying to clear cap space for what exactly? Better to keep their 1st rounders.

beasted86
02-01-2018, 06:39 PM
And the Pelicans are trying to clear cap space for what exactly? Better to keep their 1st rounders.

Guessing space to try and avoid the tax once they resign Cousins.

They'll also try to resign Rondo while they don't have his Bird Rights. So they're looking for wiggle room to avoid luxury.

Heediot
02-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Mirotic is a nice pick up as offensively he is a nice fit next to AD and Cousins. They need more shooting and he provides that. He's also a guy that can fill it up if given the usage as shown this year. They need more guys who can get buckets,

He's good enough to deserve his own thread, I'm surprised their isn't one.

Heediot
02-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Allen probably makes some sense for OKC to kinda fill that void of Roberson

Good call.

Chapin78
02-01-2018, 07:05 PM
I like this move for the Pels as they need scoring where they can get it. They lost no one of use in this trade the first round pick is always a concern but what they received and lost in the trade is bonus. Especially with Boogie done for the year they need more scoring.

What are the odds that the Pels go after Greg Monroe? He can slide into the Boogie role but obviously much lesser version of it.

lakers squad
02-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Please post a link cause I don't buy that you've been offered first or cap relief for either. Lakers would have bit on either option.

Just do a search, Lakers offered 1st round picks for Randle and Clarkson, there is a few articles on it Espns Ramona shelburne is the first one that pops up when I do the search, lol you want have any choice but to buy it then! And why would we have bit on either option? We have stated from the start that if we traded either Clarkson or Randle, that we wanted cap relief and a pick, not one or the other, but both....these are very talented young players that we are not just going to give away if we trade them, otherwise we would just try and keep em before we just practically give them away!

TrueFan420
02-02-2018, 01:05 AM
Just do a search, Lakers offered 1st round picks for Randle and Clarkson, there is a few articles on it Espns Ramona shelburne is the first one that pops up when I do the search, lol you want have any choice but to buy it then!

I mean the internet would never lie. I don't buy it. What has she reported that played out like she said before others said it? When it comes to sports front offices, agents and people around the players leak all types of stuff to help further their agendas. Doesn't make it true.

lakers squad
02-02-2018, 01:30 AM
I mean the internet would never lie. I don't buy it. What has she reported that played out like she said before others said it? When it comes to sports front offices, agents and people around the players leak all types of stuff to help further their agendas. Doesn't make it true.

She is not the only one to report this! We will see how it shakes out, but I guarantee you we get back more than most of you think we will for these kids if we trade them, both of them or very good players that I think most people on here are underestimating their true value!

Saddletramp
02-02-2018, 05:03 AM
Hey pal, we have a Prove It Policy around here. Just post the links.

lakers squad
02-02-2018, 06:52 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacher-report.com/amp/2756992-la...ers-trade-rumors-1st-round-pick-offered-for-julius-randle-jordan-clarkson

TheDish87
02-02-2018, 08:48 AM
She is not the only one to report this! We will see how it shakes out, but I guarantee you we get back more than most of you think we will for these kids if we trade them, both of them or very good players that I think most people on here are underestimating their true value!

literally have not seen anyone report this, not even a bogus site or tweet. in no way can the Lakers get both a first and cap relief for Clarkson or Randle. They have no leverage whatsoever

Vinylman
02-02-2018, 09:05 AM

because of the LT next year with re-signing Boogie...

This whole process with Mirotic has shown that the Pels are going to re-sign boogie

Vinylman
02-02-2018, 09:07 AM
So stoked that Niko is off the Bulls. It's astonishing that Chicago was able to get a 1st for him. Hopefully Robin Lopez is next to go. Cleveland maybe? Milwaukee? Boston? Minnesota? Houston? San Antonio?

they took on Asik's horrible deal... they probably should have got more

mightybosstone
02-02-2018, 09:59 AM

I wouldn't really call it "astonishing" considering they took back Asik's bad deal in the process and the pick isn't likely to be very good. But I do think the deal made sense for both sides, and both sides ultimately got what they wanted.

Shammyguy3
02-02-2018, 10:19 AM
they took on Asik's horrible deal... they probably should have got more

What does Asik's deal mean to a team rebuilding from scratch? They got a 1st round pick for Niko who has 2 good strecthes of play in his 4 seaaon career... a player who has been silently demanding a trade since October and a player who was blocking minutes for Markannen and Portis.

Seems like both teams are happy with this deal

Shammyguy3
02-02-2018, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't really call it "astonishing" considering they took back Asik's bad deal in the process and the pick isn't likely to be very good. But I do think the deal made sense for both sides, and both sides ultimately got what they wanted.

Seee my post below. In addition to that, Niko was a guy who wasnt signed until September and who likely would have been let go as a free agent. And the Bulls are not at that stage where they will spend money on free agents not named Zach Lavine

Ahriman
02-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Seee my post below. In addition to that, Niko was a guy who wasnt signed until September and who likely would have been let go as a free agent. And the Bulls are not at that stage where they will spend money on free agents not named Zach Lavine

This. If anything they agreed to take on Asik's deal because it would become a tradeable asset (be it for a player or cap room if they keep him) when they feel they're ready to commit to winning

What's stunning to me is how Mirotic rep improved based on a small sample size of ~25-30 games despite having been awful for his first 3 years in the league.

Shammyguy3
02-02-2018, 11:06 AM
This. If anything they agreed to take on Asik's deal because it would become a tradeable asset (be it for a player or cap room if they keep him) when they feel they're ready to commit to winning

What's stunning to me is how Mirotic rep improved based on a small sample size of ~25-30 games despite having been awful for his first 3 years in the league.

Awful is an over-statement; he was a more or less inconsistent player who on the whole ended up being an average rotational player in the league.

Ahriman
02-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Awful is an over-statement; he was a more or less inconsistent player who on the whole ended up being an average rotational player in the league.

He was a 40.9 / 35.0 / 79.8 shooter over his first 3 years. His only saving grace was somewhat passable 3 pt shooting as he isn't committed at all on defense.
I might be a little biased tho as I hate the guy :)

prodigy
02-02-2018, 11:29 AM
But...you do realize you will never have a player equal to Lebron. You will never see this again on the Cavs.

I do not realize that. So if the Cavs played for another 50 years I should never except them to have another great player? That seems stupid im sorry. Do I think they can easily find another Lebron lol of course not. But to say a team will never have another top 2 or 3 player is fake news. Nobody knows. you wouldn't have thought the Warriors would end up with 4 great players on one team. crap happens lol

Vee-Rex
02-02-2018, 12:24 PM
I do not realize that. So if the Cavs played for another 50 years I should never except them to have another great player? That seems stupid im sorry. Do I think they can easily find another Lebron lol of course not. But to say a team will never have another top 2 or 3 player is fake news. Nobody knows. you wouldn't have thought the Warriors would end up with 4 great players on one team. crap happens lol

This.

Maybe things would be a little different if the Olympic Warriors didn't exist and the championship was wide open for grabs. Then suuuuuure, let's go all in. But that's not the case and it's unlikely there will be anyone available at the deadline that could push the Cavs over the top.

Vinylman
02-02-2018, 12:44 PM

in what universe would someone want Asik's deal... he is total garbage at this point

Ahriman
02-02-2018, 12:48 PM
in what universe would someone want Asik's deal... he is total garbage at this point

Because they are not in win-now mode, they'll be looking to be in 3 years when his deal is expiring

Muttman73
02-02-2018, 01:16 PM

Asik has a $3M buyout I believe, besides ... the Bulls aren't trying to win anything this year, except the lottery.

5ass
02-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Magic exploring Aaron Gordon trade. I think a trade for the BKN pick makes sense for both teams.

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Magic exploring Aaron Gordon trade. I think a trade for the BKN pick makes sense for both teams.

He's fallen off from his earlier season streak.. not worth the BKLYN pick at all. Cavs are running out of options. They should have explored a LeBron trade..

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 01:40 PM
He's fallen off from his earlier season streak.. not worth the BKLYN pick at all. Cavs are running out of options. They should have explored a LeBron trade..

I agree on Gordon, I would rather trade the BKN pick for Kemba. I'm hoping someone comes available out of the blue like BG did.

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Saw today Hill may still end up in Cleveland.

Also saw the Cavs are hesitant to move Frye now.

GREATNESS ONE
02-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Saw today Hill may still end up in Cleveland.

Also saw the Cavs are hesitant to move Frye now.

3way with the Lakers!

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 01:45 PM
3way with the Lakers!

For what lol?

GREATNESS ONE
02-02-2018, 02:44 PM
For what lol?

Clarkson, Randle? Did you see what Randle did to Horford? He would be a beast in the East.

cheetos185
02-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Clarkson, Randle? Did you see what Randle did to Horford? He would be a beast in the East.

what would lakers get?

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Sixers going after Lou Will per Amico.

TheDish87
02-02-2018, 03:48 PM
were in on any bench scorer but not willing to give up a first unless the team takes back Bayless

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 03:57 PM

Some interesting names in here.

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Some interesting names in here.

Cavs should go after Memphis. TT+IT+BKLYN for Tyreke+Marc Gasol.

TheDish87
02-02-2018, 04:13 PM
thats not enough if im Memphis.

Vee-Rex
02-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Don't want a 33 year old slow-footed center on a contract with 50 million remaining after this year. I love Gasol and think he'd help the Cavs but he's not a superstar or even an all-star at this point.

But hey, maybe with Gasol we'd push GS to 5 games instead of 4 and maybe it'd take LeBron an extra day before bolting from the Cavs!

TheDish87
02-02-2018, 04:42 PM
you are underrating Gasol however youre prob right its not enough to beat GSW. But its enough to feel confident in getting back to the finals which is not a lock at all.

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 05:21 PM
I'll hold my judgement until after the deadline until we see what the Cavs do but I'm disappointed they didn't offer the BKN pick Love TT Shump and Zizic/Osman for Blake DJ and Lou Will.

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 09:11 PM
I'll hold my judgement until after the deadline until we see what the Cavs do but I'm disappointed they didn't offer the BKN pick Love TT Shump and Zizic/Osman for Blake DJ and Lou Will.

That's actually a fair trade.. No idea why Cavs aren't aggressively going after every player. They should be on every trade rumor right now if they want to win. I think it's quite obvious and I've been saying it for quite some time. They aren't going to trade the BKLYN pick and they hope this team will somehow find a spark. Not gonna happen. I think we all know Warriors would sweep this Cavs team definitively.

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 09:28 PM
That's actually a fair trade.. No idea why Cavs aren't aggressively going after every player. They should be on every trade rumor right now if they want to win. I think it's quite obvious and I've been saying it for quite some time. They aren't going to trade the BKLYN pick and they hope this team will somehow find a spark. Not gonna happen. I think we all know Warriors would sweep this Cavs team definitively.

I mean I would assume all the GMs knew he was on the block if he was trade. All you lose in a love and Griffin swap is a little bit of 3 point shooting, Griffin has improved there a ton though.

IT/Wade
JR/Lou
LeBron/Crowder or Korver
Griffin/Green or Crowder
DJ/Frye

That's much better than what they currently have.

Even if LeBron left, sign IT, Lou, and DJ is probably opting in:

IT/???
JR/Lou
Crowder/Korver
Griffin/???
DJ/???

That team still has the pieces to make it out of the East if LeBron goes West.

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 09:47 PM
I mean I would assume all the GMs knew he was on the block if he was trade. All you lose in a love and Griffin swap is a little bit of 3 point shooting, Griffin has improved there a ton though.

IT/Wade
JR/Lou
LeBron/Crowder or Korver
Griffin/Green or Crowder
DJ/Frye

That's much better than what they currently have.

Even if LeBron left, sign IT, Lou, and DJ is probably opting in:

IT/???
JR/Lou
Crowder/Korver
Griffin/???
DJ/???

That team still has the pieces to make it out of the East if LeBron goes West.

I think if they sign IT, plenty of players would request a trade. It seems like the team absolutely hates IT so I can't imagine them having to listen to him for a long period. I'm not seeing that Griffin/DJ combo ever working again on a team where they both are the top two players on the team. With LeBron, they have that size advantage that CP3 didn't have so it would work there. But them two with just Isaiah and a bunch of randoms? It'll be like Clippers again.

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Kemba with 41-9 tonight. I wouldn't mind having him at all.

FlashBolt
02-02-2018, 10:50 PM
Kemba with 41-9 tonight. I wouldn't mind having him at all.

The problem that I see with this is that it ultimately makes it a Kyrie for Kemba trade.. and if we follow that logic, Cavs will lose anyways.

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 11:08 PM
The problem that I see with this is that it ultimately makes it a Kyrie for Kemba trade.. and if we follow that logic, Cavs will lose anyways.

Could always get more out of the deal though, if they swing Marvin and Dwight it's pretty much Kyrie for Kemba Marvin and Dwight. I think that's solid, Marvin is shooting very good.

WaDe03
02-02-2018, 11:36 PM

Could always get more out of the deal though, if they swing Marvin and Dwight it's pretty much Kyrie for Kemba Marvin and Dwight. I think that's solid, Marvin is shooting very good.

lakers squad
02-03-2018, 05:44 AM
https://www.Google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2756992-lakers-trade-rumors-1st-round-pick-offered-for-julius-randle-jordan-clarkson

lakers squad
02-03-2018, 06:04 AM
Not taking that link

lakers squad
02-03-2018, 06:26 AM
www.lakersnation.com/nba-trade-rumors-teams-offered-first-round-picks-lakers-for-jordan-clarkson-julius-randle/2018/02/02

lakers squad
02-03-2018, 06:28 AM
There's a link that works stating we have been offered first rd picks for each of them, so believe it! Actually had a better read on it for you guy's, it went better in deapt on all of it, link would not work...Dallas is trying hard to get Randle along with a couple other teams, cavs, and a couple other playoff teams or pursuing Clarkson!

WaDe03
02-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Cavs willing to move BKN pick, listening to calls on it. Looking to move JR to multiple teams.

Celtics looking to trade for Lou Will or Evans.

All per Sam Amico.

corky831
02-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Adding Lou or Tyreke with the addition of Monroe would really make Boston's 2nd unit scary

CELTICS4LYFE
02-03-2018, 03:03 PM
Kyrie/Brown/Tatum/Horford/Baynes
Rozay/Smart/Morris/Theis/Monroe

Pretty solid

If we add Tyreke/Lou someone has to go...Smart?

5ass
02-03-2018, 06:12 PM

I wouldnt say he's not worth the pick at all, what is AG worth to you in terms of picks? Its currently the 7th pick, and it doesnt make sense for the Magic to trade Aaron for anything other than a top 10 pick. He's only 22 and still averaging 18-8.

They could always resign him. I was thinking something like AG+Simmons for Thompson and the pick. Thats if the Cavs want to try to convince Lebron to stay. The Cavs and Magic could even expand the trade further and trade bad contracts.

mgomrjsurf
02-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Frye already been on Magic but Cavs could use Fourier or either of Magic's Center's. Gordon plays James SF but plays PF for Magic. Cavs can Trade IT to Magic if get better PG in a Trade.

FlashBolt
02-03-2018, 08:16 PM
I wouldnt say he's not worth the pick at all, what is AG worth to you in terms of picks? Its currently the 7th pick, and it doesnt make sense for the Magic to trade Aaron for anything other than a top 10 pick. He's only 22 and still averaging 18-8.

They could always resign him. I was thinking something like AG+Simmons for Thompson and the pick. Thats if the Cavs want to try to convince Lebron to stay. The Cavs and Magic could even expand the trade further and trade bad contracts.

I mean, obviously you would want it because you're the Magic fan but the reality is, this draft that is upcoming is looking very good. Could you imagine if Trae Young was an option to be selected and you gave that up for Aaron Gordon - who won't really help your team win the Finals? Plus, AG's on a one year+qualifying offer contract. That's not a long-term deal nor is he giving any assurance he will resign. It's not worth the BKLYN pick. I'm pretty sure Cavs can get an All-Star type player for that.

jimboslice15
02-03-2018, 08:40 PM
If you are cleveland and you can flip that Brooklyn pick and some expirings for Aaron Gordon and some other pieces (fournier, Payton, Simmons, maybe even Vucevic?) it's kind of hard not to at least consider it.

Gordon is 22 years old and is really coming into his own this year. That Brooklyn pick is not guaranteed to be a good, young player... There are never any guarantees in the draft.

If you can get a former top 5 pick that is already a proven commodity to build around for the future, you have to think long and hard about moving that pick... just my opinion.

BKLYNpigeon
02-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Can should trade that damn Brooklyn Pick already. The Front Office are TERRIBLE at drafting and evaluating talent.

5ass
02-03-2018, 10:14 PM
I mean, obviously you would want it because you're the Magic fan but the reality is, this draft that is upcoming is looking very good. Could you imagine if Trae Young was an option to be selected and you gave that up for Aaron Gordon - who won't really help your team win the Finals? Plus, AG's on a one year+qualifying offer contract. That's not a long-term deal nor is he giving any assurance he will resign. It's not worth the BKLYN pick. I'm pretty sure Cavs can get an All-Star type player for that.

Its not about me being a magic fan. AG is what you usually hope for in a top 10 pick. People overrate the draft EVERY year. Convincing Lebron to stay at least one more year is the big goal because it guarantees atleast conference finals. AG helps now and is still young enough to build around or trade later when the cavs need to. He's a RFA so the Cavs would match. Yeah he's not going to be as cheap as a rookie, but he's also much more productive than your average 7th/8th pick rookie. AG is looking more and more like a potential allstar every year and he's only like 2 years older than your average rookie.

When you have a chance to convince Lebron to stay one more year at the cost of a 7th/8th pick, you do it.

FlashBolt
02-04-2018, 01:34 AM
Its not about me being a magic fan. AG is what you usually hope for in a top 10 pick. People overrate the draft EVERY year. Convincing Lebron to stay at least one more year is the big goal because it guarantees atleast conference finals. AG helps now and is still young enough to build around or trade later when the cavs need to. He's a RFA so the Cavs would match. Yeah he's not going to be as cheap as a rookie, but he's also much more productive than your average 7th/8th pick rookie. AG is looking more and more like a potential allstar every year and he's only like 2 years older than your average rookie.

When you have a chance to convince Lebron to stay one more year at the cost of a 7th/8th pick, you do it.

LeBron ain't staying in the Cavs because of AG... and if they aren't going to improve enough to even have a chance to win this year, it doesn't make much sense to get rid of that pick. If it's a restricted offer, Orlando wouldn't match it anyways if they are thinking about trading him. Should've honestly traded LeBron. Would've looked good for both sides.

Bostonjorge
02-04-2018, 03:12 AM
Best package for Cleveland.

Magic get
Brooklynís pick
T.Thomas
Smith

Cavs get
Gordon
Simmons
Biyombo

Magic already has young pieces at those positions. They lose Gordon and gain a potential great pick. Worth the pick.

Cavs get 3 good players. Simmons looked good for the Spurs in the playoffs. Biyombo gives them a great rim protector. Gordon is a great piece to have, if James leaves so you end up trading Love for a great asset like a top pick. You also sed Thomas and Smith.

arnchise
02-04-2018, 06:36 AM
After watching the cavs today I got no doubt in my mind Lebron is 100% leaving. If Iím the cavs, Iím dumping everything I can for picks and young players. Iím also holding onto that Brooklyn pick. They wonít get much for what they have but they have to think about the future. There is no move I see them making that improves them enough to beat GS. Their championship hopes died when Kyrie left.

HandsOnTheWheel
02-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Let's say the Cavs hired you over Koby Altman, but the Kyrie trade already happened before you got there. What trades/releases/transactions are you making to try to offset the dysfunction this team is facing?

Personally, I would trade IT and try to get anything you can for him at this point. He's not improving at all and it's been downhill for the Cavs season since he's been back. Can't play defense for the life of him, and his offense has been unimpressive to say the least. Next I would try to package a number of guys like Rose, Green, and Thompson with the Nets pick to see what's out there. Since Love is injured, there's really no trading him which is a big blow. Love my guy Wade, but I'm probably releasing him at this point. Cavs need a lot more perimeter oriented guys and Wade just doesn't fit the bill at all (along with Green, Rose, Crowder, etc.). Just a terrible makeup of players and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the IT trade was plain dumb. The man plays no defense, playing with no confidence, and was injured when they knowingly traded for him on top of that.

So how would you assess the situation and how do you proceed if you're GM?

mightybosstone
02-04-2018, 07:51 AM
Ultimately, the direction of the team isn't totally up to the GM. I said this a few days ago, but I think the first thing you have to do is have a serious sit down with Lebron about his future.

Based on that conversation, the next thing I'd do is sit down with Gilbert to talk next steps. Whether Lebron says it outright or not, if we feel like Lebron is leaving, we've got to think seriously about going into a fire sale in the next week.

Unless Lebron seems committed to coming back and we feel good about him staying, I wouldn't touch the Brooklyn pick. If we did feel good about it, then I'd shop the Brooklyn pick, IT and probably even Love to get the best possible combination of guys I possibly could.

I still think the Lou Will + DJ acquisition makes a ton of sense for them. DJ immediately steps in and fixes a lot of their biggest problems defensively, and Lou is a huge upgrade over the way IT is playing now and has more experience being an off-ball scoring threat. Given that both guys are on potentially expiring deals, I would do everything in my power to get them without dealing the Brooklyn pick or Love, knowing that I probably have to deal one or the other. After that move, I look to target quality veteran guys who are willing to play defense while getting rid of as much dead weight as possible.

Now if I feel like Lebron is leaving and Gilbert feels comfortable with it, I go into full fire sale mode.because without Lebron, this roster is a dumpster fire and has zero chance to contend. Plus, they're close enough to the lottery that by tanking, I could end up with two lottery picks in a pretty stacked draft. First, I talk to Lebron, Love and IT about their preferred destinations and then I go to work to maximize their value before the deadline while cleaning house of as many toxic long-term contracts as I possibly could.

Heediot
02-04-2018, 08:32 AM
IT was in the perfect system that maximized his offensive skills in Boston. Before that he was an ideal 6th man type and good fill in starter.

His contract isn't massive, and he is an expiring, although his value is on the decline, he is very tradeable.

Heediot
02-04-2018, 08:35 AM
this roster is a dumpster fire and has zero chance to contend.

Roster has alot of useable pieces. Just too many redundant pieces. Too many offensive sided players. If you sell out for offense based around Bron's drive and kick, it's no wonder the defense is piss poor.

FlashBolt
02-04-2018, 09:36 AM
LeBron is leaving. Dan Gilbert should have looked seriously into trading LeBron when he had the chance. LeBron has a NTC but he probably would waive it for a team like the Spurs/Rockets. It makes both sides look good knowing they would have lost LeBron and the NBA Finals anyways while LeBron gets to make his way out of Cleveland without getting the bulk of the blame.

I don't know what they would want from Rockets or Spurs but those are literally the only two teams he would waive it for so you have to see what you can get while you can.

They still did not figure out any trades. Seriously, asking George Hill to sacrifice money if LeBron leaves is a total joke. What an unprofessional franchise.

How is TT/J.R/Shump/Crowder still on the team at this point? They are all trash. J.R. and TT get paid $34 million collectively. They should give LeBron 75% of that because they are only worth 25% of their contract. J.R. is playing below average as an NBA player. That is pathetic. I wonder what this guy does in the offseason or during practice because it looks like all he does is smoke and look stupid. As soon as TT got with Khloe, I knew this guy was going to screw up. I can't believe TT used to be the Cavs 2nd most reliable player with how he got boards, hustled, and was a good locker room figure but now, he just looks like Lamar Odom 2.0.

Frye/Korver are barely getting any minutes. Ty Lue looks clueless and looks like he has bad body odor. I don't understand what kind of basketball intellect he is capable of but all he does is make blank stupid faces while his team gets hammered. What rotations is this guy capable of making? "We are going to make some changes." And all he did was take Crowder out and put TT in.. how is that a "change"?

IT sucks. Was totally wrong about this guy. Not sure if his injury is still bugging him or he's just still recovering but he is screwing himself over a max contract. If the guy was carrying the Cavs right now with K.Love being out, he would have at least a $25 million contract. This guy won't even make $15 million at this rate. Age, height, injury, locker room problems.. I thought he would play with more hunger now that he is on a salary season. Guess the guy only cares about whining to K.Love instead of his own gameplay.

LeBron has been trash lately. The decline is there. This is probably one of his worst NBA seasons, tbh. Statistically, it isn't. But just watching him play, there is definitely a huge step backwards in terms of him not being able to get past defenders, careless plays, lack of intensity, refuses to lead, and just way too many forced shots. His 3P% went from 43% to what is now 35%. Pathetic.

If they are to make moves, time is ticking and not many teams have pieces that would put the Cavs in contention vs the Warriors again. It's over for them. You know, trading LeBron to Boston might not be a bad idea if LeBron was willing to go there. Anything is better than this dump that is in Cleveland. I mean, just two months ago, they were looking like the best team in the NBA winning 15 or whatever straight. Now, they can't even beat the worst NBA teams in the league. 0-8 in nationally televised games. This team sucks. If they make it to the NBA Finals, I think I would root for the Warriors just so LeBron doesn't resign with the Cavs.

PAOboston
02-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Try to convince LeBron to waive NTC. That team isn't going anywhere and Lebron already has one foot out the door.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
02-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Try to convince LeBron to waive NTC. That team isn't going anywhere and Lebron already has one foot out the door.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Cleveland should be forward and go to LeBron/ask him which team he wants to go. Take whatever that team is offering as long as it makes sense for them salary wise and as a team. Cleveland can still compete in the East if they make the trades now. If the Gordon/Andersen trade is still up for sale for LeBron/Wade, Cleveland would have:

Love
Andersen
TT
IT
Gordon

That should be good enough to get them competitive. No one wants to go to Cleveland once LeBron leaves.

Mell413
02-04-2018, 09:47 AM
I would blow it up. I don't think it's a lock they get to the finals much less beat GS. They have useful players so the rebuild could be relatively quick. If the team had played better you could make the argument they could deal the Nets pick, but they haven't earned that right. Like others have said if you trade LeBron it keeps him from receiving much blame.

ewing
02-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Let's say the Cavs hired you over Koby Altman, but the Kyrie trade already happened before you got there. What trades/releases/transactions are you making to try to offset the dysfunction this team is facing?

Personally, I would trade IT and try to get anything you can for him at this point. He's not improving at all and it's been downhill for the Cavs season since he's been back. Can't play defense for the life of him, and his offense has been unimpressive to say the least. Next I would try to package a number of guys like Rose, Green, and Thompson with the Nets pick to see what's out there. Since Love is injured, there's really no trading him which is a big blow. Love my guy Wade, but I'm probably releasing him at this point. Cavs need a lot more perimeter oriented guys and Wade just doesn't fit the bill at all (along with Green, Rose, Crowder, etc.). Just a terrible makeup of players and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the IT trade was plain dumb. The man plays no defense, playing with no confidence, and was injured when they knowingly traded for him on top of that.

So how would you assess the situation and how do you proceed if you're GM?

IT scored 29 a game last year and was 5th in MVP voting and you want to trade him for ďanythingĒ after 12,games . The Cavs are lucky you arenít the GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
I still think they come out of east

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prodigy
02-04-2018, 10:14 AM
I have to be honest. Most of whats happening is Lebrons fault. here why

1. All the bad contracts the cavs have are all Lebrons fault. He publicly demanded the Cavs resign TT and Smith to those horrible contracts. Also a part in shumps.

2. Clearly he didn't do enough to keep Irving happy, I've heard rumors for years that Lebrons not the best locker room guy. Seems to be truth. (even though i do think Irving is a nut case crazy man. If he wasn't good at basketball he would be in a loony house.) But to the point where Irving would've taken season ending surgery to avoid playing, wow.

3. Lebron Is holding the cavs front office hostage. With Lebron not committing at all (looks to be taking games off also). The cavs have no idea what to do. do they sacrifice the future and trade that nets pick with the hopes Lebron starts playing harder and maybe contend for a title? Or do they feel lebrons going to leave no matter what so keep that nets pick and their own pick and hopefully have a quicker rebuild in what is still a weak East?

I know people love to Blame Dan Gilbert and the cavs FO, but the true blame lies elsewhere.

warfelg
02-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Well I'm going to preface this that if the Kyrie deal was done, I wouldn't take the job.

But anyways, I would want to backup to that deal. I really would have found a way from the start to make it:

Boston out: IT, Crowder, BRK 1st, 2nd, Zizic
Boston in: Kyrie

Cleveland out: Kyrie, Shumpert
Cleveland in: IT, Wes Matthews, Nerlens Noel, BOS 2nd

Dallas out: Wes Matthews, Nerlens Noel
Dallas in: BRK 1st, Crowder, Shumpert, Zizic

But since I can't do that, I would have gone early in the year to Dallas with:
BRK, Shump, Crowder for Noel, Matthews

That's a deal that makes sense for both sides. The BRK pick is there because they are taking the risk of extra years. I'm getting guys that contracts would be up. The reason I would have wanted that as part of the Kyrie trade is I would have been able to then negotiate with Noel about a long term contract.

The next deal I make is pretty straight up:
Kevin Love for CJ McCollum.

For the Cavs, I've unloaded some dead weight with Love (IMO) and in CJ I get what LeBron has long wanted for a running partner. A guy who can make plays on ball, but also plays well off the ball.

Next, I know how much the LAL want to clear cap space for next year. So this is one of the few places I give up som future ability for better play now:
Channing Frye, Cedi Osman, Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon for Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle

After those moved how would I stack up my team?

McCollum - IT - Clarkson
Clarkson - Wade - Smith
Matthews - LeBron - Green
LeBron - Green - Randle
Noel - Randle - Thompson

I think what's great about that setup is that even if Bron walks, you are still stocked with the ability to retain Noel and Randle, and with CJ you still have a chance to maintain a possible future.

Lastly.....I fire Lou. I would. He's clearly in over his head. I put in a interim, but I would want to fire him and get Fitz, and with that group I would implore Fitz to run, run some more, and run until you can't run anymore.

What's so flexible about that is you can go "small" like I show to start out there. You can easily flex to a "big" scenario without giving up the ability to run with:
Clarkson
Matthews
LeBron
TT/Randle
Noel

You can go Ultra-small and fast with:
IT
Wade
Clarkson
Green
LeBron

You can just get ball handlers and passers galore with:
IT
Wade
Clarkson
LeBron
Randle

You can set up with shooters and a PnR center part if LeBron needs a break and go:
IT
CJ
Mathews
Green
Noel

That team is suddenly deeper by shifting 1 starter to a 6th man role, and putting some more unique players around Bron.