PDA

View Full Version : Trade block and rumors 2017-18 season till deadline then lock

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

HandsOnTheWheel
01-20-2018, 01:16 AM
I have yet to see a trade of Cavs "assets" that doesn't include the Nets pick that any team would willingly do that would actually improve the Cavs. I have seen lots of wishful thinking.

Supposedly the Cavs are asking about George Hill and his fairly large 3 year contract ... They could get him because the Kings just want out of the contract so they'll take any expiring garbage in return. And a healthy George Hill actually helps the Cavs a lot ... but what are the odds that he'll be healthy?

Easy to rag on the Nets pick value after a night where they get the W, but I think there will be a good chance its top 5 by around the trade deadline. If the Hornets decide they are rebuilding and want to get considerably worse while acquiring picks, it may be more realistic than some think

IKnowHoops
01-20-2018, 01:23 AM
I think the Cavs are posturing. I said it a little bit ago: the more they seem unwilling to give up the pick, the more other teams will covet it.

Cavs are gonna be a completely different (and better) team after the deadline.

Agreed, I'm expecting the greatest comeback since Lazarus

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 01:23 AM
Easy to rag on the Nets pick value after a night where they get the W, but I think there will be a good chance its top 5 by around the trade deadline. If the Hornets decide they are rebuilding and want to get considerably worse while acquiring picks, it may be more realistic than some think

Looking Like Hill DJ and Lou which I actually like much more.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd8exjhw

IKnowHoops
01-20-2018, 01:29 AM
Yea they probably are posturing. I agree they're going to be very different and better after the deadline.

Impossible to get Hill Williams and Jordan without giving up Love? I feel the thing that's waiting for the Lou and DJ deal is Lou to sign his extension before giving up the Nets pick.

Dude, I hope we don't get DJ, I'd rather acquire Nerlens or CauleyStein as in deals with Wesley or George Hill. Then they get a young intergetic athlete who can run and move a lot better than DJ and will be had for next to nothing. We could prob get all 4 guys for cheaper than acquiring DJ. Much rather go that route. Then trade the pick(s) and whatever for a Boogie.

IT/Hill
Wesley/Wade
Bron/Green/Korver
Love/Nerlens
Cousins/Cauley-Stein

Boom! This team can beat GS

HandsOnTheWheel
01-20-2018, 01:38 AM
Looking Like Hill DJ and Lou which I actually like much more.

Not a huge Lou fan, especially his lack of defense. Hill and DJ would be solid though.

mrblisterdundee
01-20-2018, 01:40 AM
Kemba Walker has been made available (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22152521/charlotte-hornets-open-trading-kemba-walker) by the Charlotte Hornets.
Where do you think he makes sense?

Walker, 27, who makes $12 million per season through 2018-19, has developed into something rare among Charlotte's cornerstone players: a talent whose production outpaces his pay stub. Walker is the Hornets' most productive and likely most popular player.
• Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22152521/charlotte-hornets-open-trading-kemba-walker)

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 01:42 AM
Not a huge Lou fan, especially his lack of defense. Hill and DJ would be solid though.

Lou is dominating this year and put 50 on golden state. Averaging 23-3-5 hell definitely help.

He might be an all star if the Clippers were in the East.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 01:47 AM
Dude, I hope we don't get DJ, I'd rather acquire Nerlens or CauleyStein as in deals with Wesley or George Hill. Then they get a young intergetic athlete who can run and move a lot better than DJ and will be had for next to nothing. We could prob get all 4 guys for cheaper than acquiring DJ. Much rather go that route. Then trade the pick(s) and whatever for a Boogie.

IT/Hill
Wesley/Wade
Bron/Green/Korver
Love/Nerlens
Cousins/Cauley-Stein

Boom! This team can beat GS

Why so down on DJ? He's easily better than Noel and WCS and Lou is easily better than Matthews. Seems like a no brained to me if it was an option between the 2.

IT/Hill
Wade/Lou
LeBron/Korver/Crowder
Love/Green/Crowder
DJ/Love

Crowder might fall out of the rotation lol.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 01:50 AM
Spurs
Knicks
Nuggets
Suns
Pacers
Philly
Clippers (if they don't blow it up)

HandsOnTheWheel
01-20-2018, 01:50 AM
Lou is dominating this year and put 50 on golden state. Averaging 23-3-5 hell definitely help.

He might be an all star if the Clippers were in the East.

It's kind of like avoiding buying stock while its at its highest point. Rockets made the same mistake last year 58 games in and he was simply a terrible fit with them. He seemed to fizzle out even more in the playoffs.

IKnowHoops
01-20-2018, 01:51 AM
Why so down on DJ? He's easily better than Noel and WCS and Lou is easily better than Matthews. Seems like a no brained to me if it was an option between the 2.

IT/Hill
Wade/Lou
LeBron/Korver/Crowder
Love/Green/Crowder
DJ/Love

Crowder might fall out of the rotation lol.

Was watching him against GS. There was a piece on it on a fox sports show. GS targets him and exposes him. He can't play against GS. Anyone on this team who commands a high salary must also be able to score. DJ is great on Dream team when everyone else is a scoring machine. But Cleveland needs a big with ball skills too.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 02:16 AM
It's kind of like avoiding buying stock while its at its highest point. Rockets made the same mistake last year 58 games in and he was simply a terrible fit with them. He seemed to fizzle out even more in the playoffs.

I guess we will see then if they're able to get him. He looks like he's on another level this year imo.

GREATNESS ONE
01-20-2018, 02:25 AM
Lakers do...

Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nane Jr and a 2020 lottery protected pick.

GREATNESS ONE
01-20-2018, 02:27 AM
Are you trolling lol? That's a terrible deal for the Nets pick, they could use their 1st though. Bellineli can be had for a 2nd rounder.

You want the Cavaliers to win right?

Soxtober040713
01-20-2018, 02:30 AM
There are 2 situations I could see play out either

A. The Lakers end up with Lebron and either George or Cousins to go with Lonzo and Ingram

Or

B. Houston resigns Chris Paul and

Lebron, Carmelo and Wade sign with the Rockets.

They play there for 3 years with Harden and ring chase.

FlashBolt
01-20-2018, 05:28 AM
Issue with Lue is he's only as good as the shots he takes and sometimes, it really doesn't make sense on a championship contender. When he doesn't get the shots he needs (which is around 15-20 shots), he's not going to impress you on a winning team. It's nice that he's on a bad team able to generate points but he's really just a better version of Jamal Crawford. Cavs just have too many players right now who 1) can't play defense vs the Warriors 2) Don't seem all that interested in winning. J.R. Smith has been awful and really doesn't do much. TT being with Khloe has somehow changed his demeanor. Still no results with IT, yet. Crowder has been struggling still. No one is consistent outside of LeBron - who has had a terrible month by his standard.

zadora5
01-20-2018, 05:38 AM
Uhh no it won't

zadora5
01-20-2018, 05:39 AM
That's fail trade. Lol

Shump and TT are below average. Nets pick is a gamble.

So basically the trade is 2 overpaid average players + a late lottery pick for an Allstar Center?

If cavs want cousins, trade will start with Love + brooklyn pick + filler.

Uhh no it won't

zadora5
01-20-2018, 05:54 AM
Isiah Thomas- Pelicans
Kevin Love-Pelicans
Jae Crowder-Pelicans
Tristan Thompson-Pelicans
Jeff Green-Pelicans
JR Smith-Pelicans
Channing Frye-Pelicans
Iman Shumpert-Pelicans
Cedi Osman-Pelicans
Brooklyn's first round pick
Cleveland's first round pick
+ More picks
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony Davis-Cavs
Demarcus Cousins-Cavs
Rajon Rondo-Cavs

+ A few scrub players to pick from the pelicans that they don't want and sign Bosh out of retirement and a few more free agents to fill out the end of bench

PG. Rose/Rondo/Calderon
SG. Wade/?
SF. James/Korver/Bosh (Spot up)
PF. Davis/Bosh/?
C. Cousins/Bosh/?

Who says no? Just for ***** and giggles 😂

zadora5
01-20-2018, 06:14 AM
You’re overvaluing the BK pick.

If the Cavs want a big allstar like cousins. They’re going to have to include Love with that pick.

The Cavs get quality players in return, that will help immediately and sure up that bench. Bazemore is the perfect glue guy.

They are not moving Love period, the Cavs will get a star for the Brooklyn pick period, they are not trading it unless it's for a star period, I do not know what planet you are living on

lakers squad
01-20-2018, 06:18 AM
Lakers do...

There was a trade put out there like that a couple weeks ago before the hornets made him available, I think it was a 2nd in that proposed trade, none the less, I like Walker, so I would not mind us making a deal!

zadora5
01-20-2018, 06:31 AM

So it begins! Made its own thread since it's big name players being linked to a contender. Feel free to combine to the trade thread if necessary. I would recommend a trade thread part 2 if so since that thread is getting so long.

Anyways, I read from Shams the Cavs may start Hill at SG if they land him. If not they'll have him as a reserve. DJ would obviously start but Hill starting would be interesting. Starting SG is the weakest position on the Cavs followed by starting PF, both solved in this scenario as Love would move to PF.

Uhm Wade?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2018, 09:30 AM
Cavs going for both Hill and Jordan? That's like $42M. Cavs parting with Nets pick? Clippers been holding out for it. If it was only Cavs pick then deal would of been done a month or so ago. As for the Kings and Hill. Who knows what they want back. Maybe they take on expiring Frye and Shumpert? Hill wants out so Kings cant hold out long for anything. If they land Hill first with that package or close to it. Then Thompson has to be in the Jordan trade as main salary filler. Maybe Smith as well.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 09:51 AM
Cavs going for both Hill and Jordan? That's like $42M. Cavs parting with Nets pick? Clippers been holding out for it. If it was only Cavs pick then deal would of been done a month or so ago. As for the Kings and Hill. Who knows what they want back. Maybe they take on expiring Frye and Shumpert? Hill wants out so Kings cant hold out long for anything. If they land Hill first with that package or close to it. Then Thompson has to be in the Jordan trade as main salary filler. Maybe Smith as well.

They want Lou Williams too. The money isn't an issue, they have the contracts.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 09:53 AM
Uhm Wade?

What about him? He wants to stay as the 6th man as of right now. If they get Hill Williams and DJ and he wants to start then by all means start him.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2018, 11:52 AM
Hornets shopping Kemba as well now. I think they want to package big contracts with Walker though. Like MKG or Batum. Also they got Howard on the block.

TrueFan420
01-20-2018, 12:07 PM
How do you feel about the Cavs getting Hill Lou WIll and Deandre?

NEts pick going to the Clippers after LOu Will signs an extension is the feeling I'm getting. Give them Cedi if needed.

This also opens up 2 roster spots for the Cavs to use in the buyout market if they want.

Makes no sense for any team not named Cleveland

c.c.
01-20-2018, 12:10 PM
There was a trade put out there like that a couple weeks ago before the hornets made him available, I think it was a 2nd in that proposed trade, none the less, I like Walker, so I would not mind us making a deal!

Which bad contracts are the Lakers going to take though? I mean that’s the reason why their making him available. Last time I checked the Lakers was trying to move Deng with all their might!

c.c.
01-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Spurs
Knicks
Nuggets
Suns
Pacers
Philly
Clippers (if they don't blow it up)

Why not the Cavs? I think he’ll be a better fit there than IT

TrueFan420
01-20-2018, 12:17 PM
I keep seeing people say Shump as an expiring... he's not. Two years and yes the last year is a player option but there's zero chance he opts out of 11 million.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 12:23 PM
I keep seeing people say Shump as an expiring... he's not. Two years and yes the last year is a player option but there's zero chance he opts out of 11 million.

He'll opt out of a bad team probably. If not, having him 1 year won't hurt. Especially on a team like the Kings

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2018, 12:26 PM

I know I said expiring Frye. Believe I didn't say Shumpert. I figured dead cap summer Shumpert will pick up his option just like most other guys will.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2018, 12:28 PM
Bucks. Slide Bledsoe to SG.

Walker,Bledsoe,Middleton,Parker,Giannis death line up.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Issue with Lue is he's only as good as the shots he takes and sometimes, it really doesn't make sense on a championship contender. When he doesn't get the shots he needs (which is around 15-20 shots), he's not going to impress you on a winning team. It's nice that he's on a bad team able to generate points but he's really just a better version of Jamal Crawford. Cavs just have too many players right now who 1) can't play defense vs the Warriors 2) Don't seem all that interested in winning. J.R. Smith has been awful and really doesn't do much. TT being with Khloe has somehow changed his demeanor. Still no results with IT, yet. Crowder has been struggling still. No one is consistent outside of LeBron - who has had a terrible month by his standard.

IT will be fine. He missed 7 months so I'm not sure why people are so concerned. Lou is a huge upgrade over JR even if he only gets 10 shots. The Cavs offense has sucked lately too so getting Hill DJ and Lou improves both ends of the court and then you look at who they're replacing and it's a huge uograde.

Lou>JR
Hill>Rose
DJ>TT

Just have to get better, if you have LeBron you have a chance.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 12:32 PM
Why not the Cavs? I think he’ll be a better fit there than IT

Would love him if that's the route they pick but as of right now the Cavs are focused on landing George Hill, Lou Williams, and Deandre Jordan.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 12:49 PM

If I have to choose between Kemba and O'bryant or Hill Lou DJ AND keeping IT I'm taking the latter every time.

smith&wesson
01-20-2018, 12:58 PM
I’d take Kemba on the Raptors. He’ll id take Howard along with him if need be.

Wonder what the asking price is. We have a lot of young promising talent and guys who make enough to make salaries work.

prodigy
01-20-2018, 01:00 PM
If the Cavs can Land Williams and DJ, wow!

I wanna state some facts for people. With a Healthy lebron James the Cavs will always have a shot, or any team Lebron is on will always have a shot at a ship. I think people don't always understand the impact just one guy can have. DJ on the Cavs i believe could be HUGE! it takes care of inside defense that cavs lacked. Plus with Love and DJ on the boards i don't think anyone will out board them.

Cavs hung with the Warriors both games this season while playing awful. get some talent and fix ur weaknesses the Cavs can beat the warriors.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 01:02 PM
I’d take Kemba on the Raptors. He’ll id take Howard along with him if need be.

Wonder what the asking price is. We have a lot of young promising talent and guys who make enough to make salaries work.

Yea as a Raptors fan I agree we could definitely use those guys. We won't beat the Cavs regardless but we could push it 6 at most. Hopefully we don't meet them until the ECF.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 01:03 PM
If the Cavs can Land Williams and DJ, wow!

I wanna state some facts for people. With a Healthy lebron James the Cavs will always have a shot, or any team Lebron is on will always have a shot at a ship. I think people don't always understand the impact just one guy can have. DJ on the Cavs i believe could be HUGE! it takes care of inside defense that cavs lacked. Plus with Love and DJ on the boards i don't think anyone will out board them.

Cavs hung with the Warriors both games this season while playing awful. get some talent and fix ur weaknesses the Cavs can beat the warriors.

Don't forget they're also looking to add Hill with them as well. He's underrated, a very solid 2 way player who doesn't demand the ball and is shooting 46% from 3.

GREATNESS ONE
01-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Yea as a Raptors fan I agree we could definitely use those guys. We won't beat the Cavs regardless but we could push it 6 at most. Hopefully we don't meet them until the ECF.

Lol “we” what?!?!? How many teams do you like! Lol

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 01:09 PM

He told me I was in the Raptors forum claiming to be a Raptors fan, which I definitely wasn't, so I'm just messing with him.

hugepatsfan
01-20-2018, 01:13 PM
I think Kemba and Marvin Williams would be awesome for the Spurs. Not sure they have enough to send back though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2018, 01:19 PM

Not much from the Knicks. Jordan must be running the show over Cho again. Frank and Willy be a bit lite. KP untouchable. Future unprotected Knicks pick?

tp13baby
01-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Bucks. Slide Bledsoe to SG.

Walker,Bledsoe,Middleton,Parker,Giannis death line up.

Brogdon and a first is where it starts

smith&wesson
01-20-2018, 01:41 PM

Youre starting to really grow on me lol 🍻 I don’t know I could have swore you were in the forum but I guess not.

LaVar Ball
01-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Lakers do...

Would Kemba be a good 2-guard next to Lonzo?

smith&wesson
01-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Kemba is 6’1 I’d imagine him being undersized at the 2 vs other sgs like Harden, Derozan, Thompson, Butler etc. he would be a huge liability on defense at sg. That’s why I don’t see him fitting along side Bledsoe or Ball etc.

GREATNESS ONE
01-20-2018, 02:07 PM
He told me I was in the Raptors forum claiming to be a Raptors fan, which I definitely wasn't, so I'm just messing with him.

Lololol your trolling holds nothing back :clap:

GREATNESS ONE
01-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Kemba is 6’1 I’d imagine him being undersized at the 2 vs other sgs like Harden, Derozan, Thompson, Butler etc. he would be a huge liability on defense at sg. That’s why I don’t see him fitting along side Bledsoe or Ball etc.

But Ball is a 6’6 guard who can defend bigger guys and actually do a very good job... I think he would fit nicely with Lonzo.

Leftcoast_yg
01-20-2018, 02:10 PM

I know right? Lol

GREATNESS ONE
01-20-2018, 02:26 PM
Would Kemba be a good 2-guard next to Lonzo?

Yesssir,

Stunner
01-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Philly : Kemba , Marvin Williams

Hornets: Fultz , Booker , Bayless

CityofTreez
01-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Can’t believe he’s on the block, ****

nicnac
01-20-2018, 02:31 PM
Funny. In the Knicks forum I am getting ostracized for even mentioning walkers name. Frank is an untouchable 😶

Giannis94
01-20-2018, 03:05 PM
Lololol your trolling holds nothing back :clap:

Bruh I'm gonna become a warriors fan so no one can talk **** to me. # roasted

Vee-Rex
01-20-2018, 04:33 PM

I tear apart Warriors fans left and right on here. You want some too?

CityofTreez
01-20-2018, 04:47 PM

Haha get em Braun!

Giannis94
01-20-2018, 05:43 PM
I tear apart Warriors fans left and right on here. You want some too?

Why so hostile? Those same warriors fans were cavs fans a few years back. You're essentially ripping your past friends.

BKLYNpigeon
01-20-2018, 06:16 PM
Cavs should trade the BK pick. Its not like their front office is competent enough to pick the correct player.

other then Lebron and Kyrie obvious #1 picks, they haven't had much luck.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 06:49 PM
Cavs should trade the BK pick. Its not like their front office is competent enough to pick the correct player.

I agree trade it and get Hill Lou and DJ

lol, please
01-20-2018, 07:06 PM
I tear apart Warriors fans left and right on here. You want some too?LMAO

When LeBron leaves Cleveland in the off season we will no longer be enemies Vee-Rex.

:love:

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

beasted86
01-20-2018, 08:01 PM

That would be one nightmare summer for the GM trying to figure out how to pay DJ, Lou, Thomas, and an aging LeBron knowing that if he stays he'll probably want a "sunset" contract, paying him full max $48M at 37 yrs old.

But you're right, best chance to win IMO.

WaDe03
01-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Just made the trades in 2K and simulated they went 75-7 for the season started 33-0 lol!

Went 16-3in the playoffs to win the championship. 1 to the Raptors in the ECF and 2 to the Thunder in the Finals. The Thunder picked up Bosh who is rated an 83 for some reason still lol!

IT/Hill
Wade/Lou
LeBron/Crowder/Korver
Love/Green
DJ/Love

Mr.B
01-20-2018, 11:15 PM
Probably going to take Ingram or ball to dump deng, no?

Exactly what it will take to dump Deng. They will likely stretch him though. But even if they do they need to create cap room if they want 2 max FA’s.

Mr.B
01-20-2018, 11:17 PM
Lakers front office said if they don't land two stars next summer. They would carry the cap over following summer. So probably one year deals.

I don’t see Randle turning down a multi year deal in order to resign with the Lakers for 1 year. After being upset at not being extended already he has no incentive to take a 1 year deal just to help the Lakers.

Mr.B
01-20-2018, 11:23 PM
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2018/1/13/16876656/la-lakers-trade-rumors-jordan-clarkson-nba-deadline

Potential trade: Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. for Avery Bradley and Stanley Johnson

-then I'll try to lure in Dallas into trading for Randle and Deng. We get Noel and Matthews.
-try our best to land a first in exchange for either Lopez or KCP (draft a back-up PF)

Noel/Bryant
Kuzma/???
Ingram/Johnson
Matthews/Hart
Ball/Bradley

In order to dump Deng it’s going to cost the Lakers Ingram or Ball. Dallas has no need for Ball.

Mr.B
01-20-2018, 11:25 PM
DAL - Tristan Thompson
DAL - JR Smith

OKC - Wes Matthews
OKC - Cedi Osman
OKC - Nets Pick

CLE - Paul George
CLE - Nerlens Noel

How does that help Dallas?

Mr.B
01-20-2018, 11:26 PM
Dallas fans

Julius Randle, Luol Deng, a future protected pick for McRoberts & Seth Curry. $ works. Deal?

Any package for Deng is going to have to include Ingram.

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 12:50 AM
Any package for Deng is going to have to include Ingram.

What if we took back a bad contract? I feel like we can work something out!

Mr.B
01-21-2018, 12:58 AM
What if we took back a bad contract? I feel like we can work something out!

Wes Matthews is the worse contract the Mavs have. He actually has trade value this year so wouldn’t be interested in giving up a commodity to take on Deng. Barnes makes more but he’s part of their core group of players so hey don’t view his contract as being bad. I believe the Mavs would absolutely be willing to take on Deng’s contract but it would cost them one of their young stars. It all comes down to how bad do the Lakers was to go after 2 max players.

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 01:01 AM
Not giving up Ingram or Ball that would be a bad move. Kuz is amazing but he would probably be the player if needed to trade but sure wouldn’t trade him to Dallas for their junk. Would have to send him for PG or Cousins but I don’t see that happening. We honestly don’t have to eat rid of Deng to get two max contracts. All we would have to do is let Randle walk and Clarksons trades for an expiring. Then we would have enough for 2.

I would rather build a little slower and let this group gel.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-21-2018, 10:38 AM
I agree trade it and get Hill Lou and DJ

Not saying LeBron leaves the easy east. But say he does. Yet Cavs trade Nets pick and junk for Jordan and Lou. They all walk with LeBron and IT. Cavs have massive cap to eat dead weight deals next year for picks and young assets with dead weight deals. Or could reload with their win now pieces? Or one year deals. Figure LeBron is $33M this season and Jordan and Lou is combined for $29M or so. $62M combined. Then IT walking at $6.2M. $68M walking or so. Not sure whats left on the roster for trades. But mainly Love. Cavs could trade Love on draft night for a pick easily. Smith can be the tank commander.

Scoots
01-21-2018, 11:16 AM

Too many people are too impatient to let that happen most of the time.

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Too many people are too impatient to let that happen most of the time.

Especially Lakers fans... they want to blow it up or trade young pieces for w chance to win now.... I don’t think it’s that easy just because we get Lebron and Paul George doesn’t mean it equals Championships.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-21-2018, 05:01 PM
I don’t see Randle turning down a multi year deal in order to resign with the Lakers for 1 year. After being upset at not being extended already he has no incentive to take a 1 year deal just to help the Lakers.

Max cap slots articles are talking about. Yeah Randle is a squandered asset if he's not traded at the deadline. Lakers would have to commit to him or let him walk or a sign and trade. But then talking on salary.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-21-2018, 05:04 PM

Bledsoe would slide over to SG. Even though his three ball is putrid most of the time. Walker is a baller though. But yeah doubt my Bucks trade for another PG.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Not giving up Ingram or Ball that would be a bad move. Kuz is amazing but he would probably be the player if needed to trade but sure wouldn’t trade him to Dallas for their junk. Would have to send him for PG or Cousins but I don’t see that happening. We honestly don’t have to eat rid of Deng to get two max contracts. All we would have to do is let Randle walk and Clarksons trades for an expiring. Then we would have enough for 2.

Gelling is over rated. My Bucks have same roster since last season and got worse with just two rookies added. Well and Moose for Bledsoe. Our roster was flawed last season lacking rebounding. Also Kidd playing Giannis,Middleton heavy minutes like 40 a night each.

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 11:38 PM
Gelling is over rated. My Bucks have same roster since last season and got worse with just two rookies added. Well and Moose for Bledsoe. Our roster was flawed last season lacking rebounding. Also Kidd playing Giannis,Middleton heavy minutes like 40 a night each.

You're not building right... Giannis is awesome but not many people can name one Buck let alone two, most of us can because we're avid NBA fans. As a Lakers fan I have been spoiled most of my life time and really expect it to happen again around the next decade.

As for your Bucks, you have to make a big move and bring another star.

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 11:40 PM
Max cap slots articles are talking about. Yeah Randle is a squandered asset if he's not traded at the deadline. Lakers would have to commit to him or let him walk or a sign and trade. But then talking on salary.

actually with about 55m in salary cap space heading into this off-season w/o making any moves. Randle isn't a squandered asset and if a team really wanted Randle a sign and trade is very easily possible. I want to see Randle finish the yer if the right trade doesn't come, he actually much better this season at 24y old.

zadora5
01-22-2018, 12:08 AM
In order to dump Deng it’s going to cost the Lakers Ingram or Ball. Dallas has no need for Ball.

I don't know why people keep thinking this lol, someone will trade for deng and not get any of ball, kuzma or Ingram you guys really think your gonna get a star player for free, bahahaha wtf happened to psd man

europagnpilgrim
01-22-2018, 12:32 AM
I hope all of the trades go through and there are no buyouts this year so none of the good teams can make late season cheap pickups that make a difference :)

C'mon Scoots, you sitting over there pretty with 4 Olympic players and 2 6th man of the year candidates with proven vets in Livingston/West

I hope the Spurs do something un Spurs like to shake up the mix, they put in a bid for Irving so its safe to assume that they would at least be in the running to do something trade deadline or possible buyouts, based on where Leonard is its not looking like he will be ready anytime soon so its basically a lost season for him this round, but if they upgrade and then get him back by the playoffs or for next season then they will be back to being a serious threat as usual

europagnpilgrim
01-22-2018, 12:37 AM
actually with about 55m in salary cap space heading into this off-season w/o making any moves. Randle isn't a squandered asset and if a team really wanted Randle a sign and trade is very easily possible. I want to see Randle finish the yer if the right trade doesn't come, he actually much better this season at 24y old.

He's a low needed asset right for a middle of the pack and below squad, he is a high asset on a legit contender that needs a athlete who can bang down low and finish in open court and just try and play some defense, other than that he is pretty much what he is going to be for the next decade, I keep telling people on here that you pretty much show your cards in college, its like rollover minutes, not saying you cant improve but the truly best and dominant players are just that and they plant the seed in college or in Lebron/KG case, HS

now a package of both Clarkson and Randle is something a team like the Spurs could possibly do something with, or maybe even the Cavs, now some one like K Walker would be in higher demand seeing he is better than both of those players to me, since college

Mr.B
01-22-2018, 12:49 AM
I don't know why people keep thinking this lol, someone will trade for deng and not get any of ball, kuzma or Ingram you guys really think your gonna get a star player for free, bahahaha wtf happened to psd man

Why would a team take Deng’s contract without getting anything in return? Just to help the Lakers get Labron or Cousins? You’re sadly mistaken if you think that’s going to happen. I can understand the Lakers not wanting part with Ingram and likely just stretching Deng but the Lakers are not dumping Deng without having to give up a huge asset like Ingram.

GREATNESS ONE
01-22-2018, 12:59 AM
He's a low needed asset right for a middle of the pack and below squad, he is a high asset on a legit contender that needs a athlete who can bang down low and finish in open court and just try and play some defense, other than that he is pretty much what he is going to be for the next decade, I keep telling people on here that you pretty much show your cards in college, its like rollover minutes, not saying you cant improve but the truly best and dominant players are just that and they plant the seed in college or in Lebron/KG case, HS

now a package of both Clarkson and Randle is something a team like the Spurs could possibly do something with, or maybe even the Cavs, now some one like K Walker would be in higher demand seeing he is better than both of those players to me, since college

true Kemba would be higher in demand seeing as he starts and shoots 18 times a game and you might be right Randle might be the player he is for the next decade or you might be wrong. Beauty about life is we don't know what's coming, right now all we know is the Julius has improved each season and made a huge stride in body fitness this year and it shows. Clarkson and Randle would be better utilized in two different trades. Randle makes sense for a young team that wants to get up and down the court. He's best utilized as a PF to start and sliding over for small ball. He finally, finishes very well around the basket and has just had a his first baby and marriage, the kid wants to get paid and set his life. Honestly Dallas is sleeping not trading for Randle. Clarkson is better on a playoff team, he's a 25y old kid coming into his own, can create his own shot and is becoming a much better spot up shooter. Not to mention taking over ball-handler duties off the bench, comfortably. If you're a playoff team and need a legit 6th man off the bench JC is your man.

we'll see what happens but I expect a domino effect of trades happening this year...

GREATNESS ONE
01-22-2018, 01:06 AM
Why would a team take Deng’s contract without getting anything in return? Just to help the Lakers get Labron or Cousins? You’re sadly mistaken if you think that’s going to happen. I can understand the Lakers not wanting part with Ingram and likely just stretching Deng but the Lakers are not dumping Deng without having to give up a huge asset like Ingram.

yea we're not giving up 20y old Ingram, Ball or 22yo Kuz

I think that's the trio you build around, we have a lot of good young players. We really did nail this draft with Ball Kuzma Hart Bryant

carlessyen
01-22-2018, 01:12 AM
YOu don't trade that Nets Pick unless your getting a All Star level player with least 3 years on their contract. this draft is loaded and with lebron leaving your gonna need something to keep fans in the seats. As long as that pick stays top 10 your getting a starter in Sexton a point guard they will defintely need and good starting over piece. Or Knox Lebron's replacement. I think you try to trade TT, Smith, Shump and IT and their own pick before deadline for players or picks that improve the team in the future not just now. You don't throw away the future for one year, and a guy that probably walks at the end of the season. I like adding DJ and Lou if the package is any of these pieces mentioned above, but not the Nets pick. I like Hill but that contract is killer, and we have enough bad contracts on the Cavs. If we get rid of TT's and Smith's in that deal I'm fine with that I guess. As far as AD I don't see Pelicans giving him away for any less then two players and two picks. Only team That really could make that happen is Boston, but think you have to include Tatum or Brown don't really see it happening. As a Cavs fan If Lebron walks I really want to see a defensive minded team put together. 148 points the other night by the Thunder was prob the sickest I ever been watching hoops. IT has to go he can't guard anyone in the league I can see Ball Boys and YMCA league kids prob getting shots up over him. Sick of seeing TT make crazy money and score one bucket a night. Tired of seeing JR start and get like 6 to 8 points on 15 shots I don't know why they threw some of these guys together but its a really bad defensive squad, and hard to watch. I hope something comes out of IT trade,hope some team takes him or we lost that trade bad. I know the draft will be good but still iT is a scorer off the bench not a starter defensively hes such a bad fit.

Mr.B
01-22-2018, 02:18 AM
true Kemba would be higher in demand seeing as he starts and shoots 18 times a game and you might be right Randle might be the player he is for the next decade or you might be wrong. Beauty about life is we don't know what's coming, right now all we know is the Julius has improved each season and made a huge stride in body fitness this year and it shows. Clarkson and Randle would be better utilized in two different trades. Randle makes sense for a young team that wants to get up and down the court. He's best utilized as a PF to start and sliding over for small ball. He finally, finishes very well around the basket and has just had a his first baby and marriage, the kid wants to get paid and set his life. Honestly Dallas is sleeping not trading for Randle. Clarkson is better on a playoff team, he's a 25y old kid coming into his own, can create his own shot and is becoming a much better spot up shooter. Not to mention taking over ball-handler duties off the bench, comfortably. If you're a playoff team and need a legit 6th man off the bench JC is your man.

we'll see what happens but I expect a domino effect of trades happening this year...

I still think there is a chance that trade happens. Even if it doesn’t I think he’ll be their target in the off season. He fits the exact mold of player they are looking for, plus he plays a position of need.

Mr.B
01-22-2018, 02:20 AM
yea we're not giving up 20y old Ingram, Ball or 22yo Kuz

I think that's the trio you build around, we have a lot of good young players. We really did nail this draft with Ball Kuzma Hart Bryant

I agree! That’s why I say the Lakers will not be able to dump Deng’s contract. They’re going to have to stretch it. They’re not willing to pay the price it would take to dump Deng and would rather just eat the contract, which really is the best thing to do.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 11:29 AM

Wade hyping up his future teammate Lou Will.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-22-2018, 11:30 AM
Reports are now Hornets may hold onto Kemba till draft night for a trade possibly.

Jamiecballer
01-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Gelling is over rated. My Bucks have same roster since last season and got worse with just two rookies added. Well and Moose for Bledsoe. Our roster was flawed last season lacking rebounding. Also Kidd playing Giannis,Middleton heavy minutes like 40 a night each.Well that's not fair or even true IMO.

First, it's quite debatable at this point that you are worse, at least by the numbers. It's pretty much a wash. So far.

Second, adding Bledsoe, no Parker yet and removing a very effective Monroe is quite a bit different and sort of negates comparison as far as I'm concerned.

I know as fans we often equate small amount of roster turnover == same team but that generally not the case.

It's like when people say Durant joined a 73 win team. Or the greatest team of all-time. Neither is true of course - in order to squeeze Durant in they had to remove a number of players that played a real role in that distinction. Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, Leandro Barbosa, Festivus Fortherestivus, Marreese Speights, Brandon Rush.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 03:01 PM

They say the Cavs Blazers and Bucks have not made an offer yet though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-22-2018, 06:56 PM
Isn't Jordan a Schwartz client? Kidd had close ties with that dude. So maybe Bucks backing away from Jordan trades now. I think Kidd made-up/leaked Bucks shopping Parker. Parker and Kidd weren't on speaking terms. Glad Kidd is gone.

HandsOnTheWheel
01-22-2018, 11:33 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22184066/kevin-love-target-ire-cleveland-cavaliers-meeting

Can the Cavs just trade this guy already?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 08:45 AM

Scoots
01-23-2018, 10:01 AM
Like I said a month ago ... nothing is ACTUALLY going to happen until February. Just lots of hot air.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 10:08 AM
http://www.marca.com/baloncesto/nba/2018/01/22/5a658814e2704ed40a8b45d9.html

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/

Willy wants to be traded. Shocked he didn't keep it in house. Guess he doesn't want to wait to see if O'Quinn or Kanter is dealt. So then KP loses a buddy. Noah pretty much impossible to trade.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 10:24 AM

I probably should just unfollow Haynes. His track record been putrid. But figured to share to see if Lillard is unhappy. Fake news or not?

warfelg
01-23-2018, 10:43 AM

I probably should just unfollow Haynes. His track record been putrid. But figured to share to see if Lillard is unhappy. Fake news or not?

Eh. I don’t think it’s about Lillard being unhappy. I think this is more “hey I’m a star but I don’t get the recognition.”

I’ve said for a while now....they need to move on from CJ.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Read the article though, unfortunately Lillard didn't request a trade and doesn't want to be traded. They talked about building a championship contender before his prime is over and talked about players to go after. Lillard also wanted an explanation on them trading Barton a couple years ago. A few days later the DJ trade rumors to Portland came out.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 01:25 PM

Do you think any of these big name players are going to be traded? If so, which players? Where do you think they'll end up and what will the trade look like? If you can think of any others feel free to name them. A lot of rumors going around now with the trade deadline about 2 weeks and 2 days away from now. I expect things to pick up even more.

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 01:32 PM
I think Jordan gets moved to Cavs and I'm not sure for whom. All I know is, they're trading that nets pick and will be saddened when Lebron leaves in offseason.

No moves for Kawhi or Lillard.

Hornets will try to move Kemba but I don't think they'll be happy with their offers, so they'll stand pat.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 01:34 PM

I'm going to go ahead and throw out my dark horse pick before making my other votes and say John Wall. The Wizards are capped out with some contracts that will be very hard to move imo. They had a team meeting the other day that the players said made them even worse, how does that happen? Then they get smacked by 23 by one of the worst teams in the league the next game.

As for the options listed, I don't think Kawhi and Lillard will be moved, Love would surprise me a little but I think he's replaceable, and IT, although I would like to see him at full strength I think he could be traded. They question his defense and he's going to want a huge contract this summer. Kemba makes more sense money-wise, John Wall may be a good option to go after, Hill is another solid replacement. The other guys I won't be surprised at all if they're traded.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 01:35 PM
I think Jordan gets moved to Cavs and I'm not sure for whom. All I know is, they're trading that nets pick and will be saddened when Lebron leaves in offseason.

No moves for Kawhi or Lillard.

Hornets will try to move Kemba but I don't think they'll be happy with their offers, so they'll stand pat.

Jordan said he wants an all star in return for Kemba so you could be right. I agree on everything.

Htownballa1622
01-23-2018, 01:40 PM
Jordan said he wants an all star in return for Kemba so you could be right. I agree on everything.

That's interesting on Wall. I haven't thought about him. I don't think they end up doing it but ultimately the problem around the league is so many teams are close to the tax and not many teams have cap space going fwd.

Free Agents this offseason going to take the biggest L and can thank guys like overpaid Chandler Parsons or Ryan Anderson for eating up cap space among teams.

I feel bad for IT the most.

lol, please
01-23-2018, 01:47 PM
That's interesting on Wall. I haven't thought about him. I don't think they end up doing it but ultimately the problem around the league is so many teams are close to the tax and not many teams have cap space going fwd.

Free Agents this offseason going to take the biggest L and can thank guys like overpaid Chandler Parsons or Ryan Anderson for eating up cap space among teams.

I feel bad for IT the most.That killing us comment had me rolling lol.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 02:26 PM

I feel bad for IT the most.

Yea I doubt Wall gets moved but I feel like they've been having issues for awhile now. Seems like something new every year.

IT is screwed, he basically has to sign with whatever team he ends the season on because there isn't going to be money. Same for DJ too probably.

LA4life24/8
01-23-2018, 02:52 PM
Biggest names to get moved by the deadline would be kemba and/or dJ.

Follower by not so huge names jordan clarkson and/or julius randle.

I'd say IT but idt the cavs could really get much for him but MAYBE* something like

IT TT cavs 1st for DJ pat beverely and MAYBE lou will. (And salary fillers as I'm not 100% on all these contracts, possibly shumpert?)

TheDish87
01-23-2018, 03:14 PM
The Cavs arent trading IT and Bev is out for the season anyway

lol, please
01-23-2018, 03:15 PM
Can't let the filthy Cavaliers get their hands on BASEDmore. He knows the Warriors secrets.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 03:16 PM
Looks like some Cavs not happy with Love having the flu. He was dangled before.

LA4life24/8
01-23-2018, 03:18 PM
The Cavs arent trading IT and Bev is out for the season anyway

They would if bron told em too. But i didn't know bev was out for the season. Whatevs.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 03:26 PM

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 03:27 PM

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 03:30 PM
Looks like some Cavs not happy with Love having the flu. He was dangled before.

Where did you see they were dangling him before?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 03:56 PM
Where did you see they were dangling him before?

This summer in that big 4 or 5 team trade where Cavs would of got PG13 and Bledsoe and maybe Melo.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 04:09 PM

I'm going to go ahead and throw out my dark horse pick before making my other votes and say John Wall. The Wizards are capped out with some contracts that will be very hard to move imo. They had a team meeting the other day that the players said made them even worse, how does that happen? Then they get smacked by 23 by one of the worst teams in the league the next game.

As for the options listed, I don't think Kawhi and Lillard will be moved, Love would surprise me a little but I think he's replaceable, and IT, although I would like to see him at full strength I think he could be traded. They question his defense and he's going to want a huge contract this summer. Kemba makes more sense money-wise, John Wall may be a good option to go after, Hill is another solid replacement. The other guys I won't be surprised at all if they're traded.

Didn't Gortat say he wants to finish his career with the Magic before he retires in a year or two?

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Didn't Gortat say he wants to finish his career with the Magic before he retires in a year or two?

Yes he did.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 04:11 PM
Yea I doubt Wall gets moved but I feel like they've been having issues for awhile now. Seems like something new every year.

IT is screwed, he basically has to sign with whatever team he ends the season on because there isn't going to be money. Same for DJ too probably.

Jordan be better off picking up his player option where ever he plays next year. Money running low around the league.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Windhorst just said on The Jump the Cavs deal for George Hill is almost complete.

He also said he didn't think Love would be traded but now he's unsure.

Also said he thinks the Cavs are making multiple moves at the deadline.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 04:13 PM
This summer in that big 4 or 5 team trade where Cavs would of got PG13 and Bledsoe and maybe Melo.

Oh ok I thought you were talking about something recent.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 04:18 PM
What do the Kings get for Hill? Usual names like Shumpert and expiring Frye? Maybe future second rounder?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 04:23 PM

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 04:24 PM
What do the Kings get for Hill? Usual names like Shumpert and expiring Frye? Maybe future second rounder?

I'm seeing Shumpert Frye and Rose.

mightybosstone
01-23-2018, 04:36 PM
I think Jordan and Lou Will get dealt to somebody, probably the Cavs. And of the other guys, George Hill is the most obvious trade candidate, but I just don't know what the market is for him right now and who needs him the most.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 04:41 PM
I think Jordan and Lou Will get dealt to somebody, probably the Cavs. And of the other guys, George Hill is the most obvious trade candidate, but I just don't know what the market is for him right now and who needs him the most.

Windhorst on the jump just said Hill to the Cavs is pretty far along and almost complete.

LA4life24/8
01-23-2018, 04:41 PM
I'm seeing Shumpert Frye and Rose.
Why would kings do that? Doesnt seem like an awesome trade for em really. But depth i guess? Could see a shump flip after that maybe

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Why would kings do that? Doesnt seem like an awesome trade for em really. But depth i guess? Could see a shump flip after that maybe

Salary relief I believe.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 04:48 PM

Curious who Cavs all pitching in these trades. Figure in Hill is like $20M. Jordan/Lou combo is like $29M. Even if its Shumpert and Frye for Hill. Then who for Jordan and Lou? Thompson and Smith? Or Love for Jordan and Lou? Cavs keep saying no Nets pick. Cavs very own pick hold little value being very late selection. Also this has to mean Clippers have to like the junk Cavs offering if its not Love or Nets pick. Or need a third or forth team.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 04:49 PM

Pelicans wanted Shumpert this summer in a trade. Cavs didn't like anything Pelicans offered.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 05:08 PM
Curious who Cavs all pitching in these trades. Figure in Hill is like $20M. Jordan/Lou combo is like $29M. Even if its Shumpert and Frye for Hill. Then who for Jordan and Lou? Thompson and Smith? Or Love for Jordan and Lou? Cavs keep saying no Nets pick. Cavs very own pick hold little value being very late selection. Also this has to mean Clippers have to like the junk Cavs offering if its not Love or Nets pick. Or need a third or forth team.

Saw JR and TT in the Clips deal, probably Cedi as well.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 05:18 PM

I think we're going to see a deal here soon.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 05:20 PM
I'm going to post anything regarding big name players in here, minor moves in the trade thread. I should've added Niko to this list since he's playing at an all star level and I think he'll be traded.

Love or Mirotic would be perfect on the Rockets but thy don't have the assets.

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 05:30 PM

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 06:03 PM

Second round pick? Or Cavs own first? Cant picture they part with a first.

LA4life24/8
01-23-2018, 06:04 PM
Salary relief I believe.

Fair enough. Not helping the kings any anyway lmao

LA4life24/8
01-23-2018, 06:04 PM
Pelicans wanted Shumpert this summer in a trade. Cavs didn't like anything Pelicans offered.

For sure. Maybe those 2 could make a deal. They apparently like dealing together

Vee-Rex
01-23-2018, 06:12 PM

"some sort of draft compensation" doesn't sound like a 1st to me.

Shipping off Dumpert and Channing (who never plays anyway) for a starting guard is a good thing for us.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 06:22 PM
Frye will be a buyout candidate.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 06:23 PM
For sure. Maybe those 2 could make a deal. They apparently like dealing together

Well Shumpert maybe headed to the Kings. Unless it becomes a three team trade?

Cracka2HI!
01-23-2018, 06:35 PM
I think DJ is getting traded. I'm hoping for a straight up swap with Cleveland for Love. It's far fetched but it does seem like Love is getting a lot of the blame for The Cavs struggles. That trade would certainly improve their Defense. I don't think The Cavs will end up getting though. Without Love or the Nets pick there just isn't anything there. I'm sure the Clippers would rather lose DJ for nothing in the off-season than pick up the horrible contracts Cleveland has. The Bucks and Wizards seem to be more logical trade partners. I don't think Lou Williams is going anywhere. The best value in Lou is to keep him. He likely won't break the bank like uhhh everyone else did and the rumored offers for him are literally nothing. He probably gets Austin Rivers money on the open market and I'll sign up for that all day long.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-23-2018, 06:37 PM
It’s not out of the question that Jabari Parker could become a trade chip for the Bucks if the right deal arises, says Kyler. League sources tell Basketball Insiders that the Bucks are “weighing where they are” with the former No. 2 overall pick, who will be a restricted free agent this summer. According to Kyler, Milwaukee continues to eye noteworthy bigs like DeAndre Jordan and Hassan Whiteside, dangling John Henson and some young players as potential bait.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/01/kylers-latest-magic-walker-kawhi-bucks-blazers.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cant picture Heat trading Whiteside while in playoffs. Guess depends what Bucks are offering. Bucks kicking around on all the potential trade bait. Jordan,Walker,Whiteside. Scored Bledsoe in the early part of the season. Bucks might as well call up Pops as well. See what Leonard is up to. hahahahahah

Cracka2HI!
01-23-2018, 06:40 PM
Not that I want to doubt a guy who only has a job cause he went to same high school as LeBron but this Windhorst report seems ridiculously bunk. George Hill for trash? Why?

mightybosstone
01-23-2018, 06:40 PM
Windhorst on the jump just said Hill to the Cavs is pretty far along and almost complete.

Frankly, I like Hill to Cleveland more than I like Lou Will. Williams gives them another creator and scorer, but they don't really need it now that Thomas is back. But they could desperately use another quality 3 and D guy who could defend either guard position. However, if they have to choose between getting Hill or getting DJ, I'd rather get Jordan if I'm Cleveland. They could use the interior defense even more, and they could probably convince the Clippers to throw in Lou Will if the price was right.

The other big question mark here is Hill's salary. If you add him, that will make keeping Lebron and Thomas next season pretty much impossible. How do you keep Hill, Love, Lebron and Thomas? I don't think you can.

thephoenixson28
01-23-2018, 06:50 PM
If Leonard is available, Phoenix better jump on it. Offering everyone except booker.

Vee-Rex
01-23-2018, 06:53 PM
Frankly, I like Hill to Cleveland more than I like Lou Will. Williams gives them another creator and scorer, but they don't really need it now that Thomas is back. But they could desperately use another quality 3 and D guy who could defend either guard position. However, if they have to choose between getting Hill or getting DJ, I'd rather get Jordan if I'm Cleveland. They could use the interior defense even more, and they could probably convince the Clippers to throw in Lou Will if the price was right.

The other big question mark here is Hill's salary. If you add him, that will make keeping Lebron and Thomas next season pretty much impossible. How do you keep Hill, Love, Lebron and Thomas? I don't think you can.

I do think one of Love or Thomas would have to go. Unless big money multi-billionaire Gilbert is willing to swallow a ridiculously huge luxury tax penalty for one year (2018-19). Hill is basically a 20 million dollar expiring next year since he is only guaranteed 1 million for 2019-20 (and can easily be cut).

One of the Love/Thomas might be traded at the deadline though, and Windhorst seems to be indicating that the Cavs plan on making multiple moves. So we'll see.

Edit: While the Cavs haven't progressed into anything serious with the Clippers, it's entirely possible they could acquire DJ (along with having gotten Hill) if they decide to give up someone like IT to get it done.

bleedprple&gold
01-23-2018, 06:58 PM

Cavs will regret this trade after Lebron leaves and they are stuck with that terrible contract. Hill is not a difference maker and is playing awful defense this year (where Cleveland needs the most help).

warfelg
01-23-2018, 07:27 PM
Legit on twitter:
Celtics fan things Brown, Smart, Semi O, and Memphis pick would be massive overpay for Kawhi.

BKLYNpigeon
01-23-2018, 07:32 PM
Looks like Shupmert + Frye for George Hill is happening.

BKLYNpigeon
01-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Channing Frye gets Bought out and goes to the Warriors?

GREATNESS ONE
01-23-2018, 07:38 PM
Cavs contacted Lakers?

Legitimate
01-23-2018, 07:46 PM
I wanna see raps try pounce on a deandre trade! they were in trade talks in this past i believe. he would make us have a big 3 lol.

Legitimate
01-23-2018, 07:51 PM
spurs were interested to jv in the past, so possible anuoby lowry and and jv for Leonard, lol wishful thinking

Vee-Rex
01-23-2018, 08:10 PM
Cavs will regret this trade after Lebron leaves and they are stuck with that terrible contract. Hill is not a difference maker and is playing awful defense this year (where Cleveland needs the most help).

I suggest you look at his contract again.

goingfor28
01-23-2018, 09:00 PM
Windhorst on the jump just said Hill to the Cavs is pretty far along and almost complete.Windhorst needs another cheeseburger.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

oak2455
01-23-2018, 09:22 PM
Windhorst needs another cheeseburger.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

He might pop

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 09:33 PM

I'm hoping they're able to land LOu Hill and DJ. Can they keep them if they get rid of JR and TT?

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 09:36 PM
I do think one of Love or Thomas would have to go. Unless big money multi-billionaire Gilbert is willing to swallow a ridiculously huge luxury tax penalty for one year (2018-19). Hill is basically a 20 million dollar expiring next year since he is only guaranteed 1 million for 2019-20 (and can easily be cut).

One of the Love/Thomas might be traded at the deadline though, and Windhorst seems to be indicating that the Cavs plan on making multiple moves. So we'll see.

Edit: While the Cavs haven't progressed into anything serious with the Clippers, it's entirely possible they could acquire DJ (along with having gotten Hill) if they decide to give up someone like IT to get it done.

On your edit, I would imagine IT is going to the Clips in that deal like you said. Makes too much sense. Then we'll be looking at:

Hill/Lou
Wade/Korver
LeBron/Crowder
Love/Green
DJ/Love

I think there's going to be a minor move to get them a backup C.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2018, 10:21 PM

Watch Cavs games, they won’t miss what Shump and Frye aren’t bringing to the table.

George hill will be much better than those two have been and I love Frye...when he’s wide open from 3

WaDe03
01-23-2018, 11:31 PM
Smh at moving this to the trade thread where it will die.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 01:19 AM
Any Pistons fans on here?

After the Cavs dump their garbage for Hill would you all be willing to trade Bradley for IT?

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 01:26 AM

After the Cavs dump their garbage for Hill would you all be willing to trade Bradley for IT?

I'm not worried about the Cavs. You know a huge trade is coming. They need to get rid of lots of useless pieces.

1) Tristan needs to go. Kardashian curse is legit.

2) Shumpert cares more about his stupid hairstyle. This guy was huge friends with Kyrie. You can tell he doesn't care about winning anymore.

3) J.R. Smith. My goodness, one championship win and he forgot how to play basketball again. I can't remember the last time J.R. Smith had a good game. We're going to have to go back to game 7 where he scored like 8 in a row.

4) I would like to see Kevin Love go. I am being honest here. I like him as a player but against the Warriors, he just doesn't provide much. He can't guard KD or Green. He is easily defendable as all you have to do is force him to go left. He absolutely does not have the physical advantages that is required to beat the Warriors.

You have three guys who don't contribute at all and a Kevin Love who makes blank faces and doesn't help vs the Warriors. They need to get rid of these guys if they want to win. Also, Lue has no idea how to coach. He should be an assistant and they should get a new HC.

lol, please
01-24-2018, 01:29 AM
Smh at moving this to the trade thread where it will die.

lmao rekt

BKLYNpigeon
01-24-2018, 01:40 AM
http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/23/kevin-love-cavaliers-jae-crowder-meeting-help/

haha. they left Kevin Love on the ground. this team has some major chemistry issues.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 01:43 AM
I'm not worried about the Cavs. You know a huge trade is coming. They need to get rid of lots of useless pieces.

1) Tristan needs to go. Kardashian curse is legit.

2) Shumpert cares more about his stupid hairstyle. This guy was huge friends with Kyrie. You can tell he doesn't care about winning anymore.

3) J.R. Smith. My goodness, one championship win and he forgot how to play basketball again. I can't remember the last time J.R. Smith had a good game. We're going to have to go back to game 7 where he scored like 8 in a row.

4) I would like to see Kevin Love go. I am being honest here. I like him as a player but against the Warriors, he just doesn't provide much. He can't guard KD or Green. He is easily defendable as all you have to do is force him to go left. He absolutely does not have the physical advantages that is required to beat the Warriors.

You have three guys who don't contribute at all and a Kevin Love who makes blank faces and doesn't help vs the Warriors. They need to get rid of these guys if they want to win. Also, Lue has no idea how to coach. He should be an assistant and they should get a new HC.

They need to get David Fizdale. I'm with you on trading those guys except maybe love. I didn't think Love or IT would be traded but now I'm really starting to wonder. I do think a Hill and Bradley backcourt is very solid on both sides though. I still think they get DJ as well and I'm hoping for Lou but who knows.

Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
DJ/Love

Shumpert Frye and a 2nd is what I'm seeing for Hill, then trade IT for Bradley, last trade JR TT Crowder and the Cavs 1st and a future first for DJ and Lou.

BKLYNpigeon
01-24-2018, 01:51 AM
coaches don't really get hired midseason to take over team. If Lue gets fired its up to the assistant coaches to take over.

Fiz is holding out for the Lakers job.

CELTICS4LYFE
01-24-2018, 09:21 AM
Legit on twitter:
Celtics fan things Brown, Smart, Semi O, and Memphis pick would be massive overpay for Kawhi.

I think that would be perfect lol I’d even throw in our own first rounder too...I don’t think those are enough to match salary tho Brown/Smart then maybe Morris or other fillers and picks prob would

Kyrie/Kahwi/Horford all have options the same year tho kinda sucks But imagine Kyrie, Kawhi, Hayward, Tatum, Horford starting line up next year!!

CELTICS4LYFE
01-24-2018, 09:30 AM
Lol this is 90% a Cavs trade thread....guess thats expected as they are the only real rumor going right now

Pfeifer
01-24-2018, 09:59 AM
Every Cavs fan somehow thinks they can get good players for trash.

Blink
01-24-2018, 10:08 AM

I mean it wouldnt be my favorite trade in the world but hey we suck anyway i guess.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 10:26 AM
Every Cavs fan somehow thinks they can get good players for trash.

What deals are you talking about?

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 10:28 AM
I mean it wouldnt be my favorite trade in the world but hey we suck anyway i guess.

Him and Drummond would be a nice duo and you all always seem to be rumored to wanting to trade Jackson.

Ahriman
01-24-2018, 10:32 AM
I see more Kemba on the Pistons, they badly need a PG

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 10:42 AM
They need to get David Fizdale. I'm with you on trading those guys except maybe love. I didn't think Love or IT would be traded but now I'm really starting to wonder. I do think a Hill and Bradley backcourt is very solid on both sides though. I still think they get DJ as well and I'm hoping for Lou but who knows.

Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
DJ/Love

Shumpert Frye and a 2nd is what I'm seeing for Hill, then trade IT for Bradley, last trade JR TT Crowder and the Cavs 1st and a future first for DJ and Lou.

IT for Bradley? Pistons still have Jackson which they wanted to trade for a season or two already.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 11:04 AM
http://www.numberfire.com/nba/player-news/71630/report-kings-shopping-skal-labissiere-malachi-richardson

Kings shopping Skal and Malachi.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 11:11 AM
IT for Bradley? Pistons still have Jackson which they wanted to trade for a season or two already.

Yea so they get IT and now can go through with a Jackson trade.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 11:11 AM
http://www.numberfire.com/nba/player-news/71630/report-kings-shopping-skal-labissiere-malachi-richardson

Kings shopping Skal and Malachi.

Yep, they're trying to clear room for the Cavs deal.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 11:27 AM

Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
DJ/Love

If they could pull this off, I would love it. This team is miles better than the team they have now and gives them plus defenders at every spot but PF. But do we know that Bradley is even available right now? I just haven't seen any articles mention him being on the block for Detroit. The other deal makes sense for the most part, although I think they're going to have to include the Nets pick if they want Jordan and Lou.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 11:35 AM
If they could pull this off, I would love it. This team is miles better than the team they have now and gives them plus defenders at every spot but PF. But do we know that Bradley is even available right now? I just haven't seen any articles mention him being on the block for Detroit. The other deal makes sense for the most part, although I think they're going to have to include the Nets pick if they want Jordan and Lou.

Yea they'll have to send the Nets pick for Lou and Jordan more than likely. Bradley isn't rumored to be on the block but I would imagine if they Cavs offered IT they would strongly consider. I'm sure they could find someone at SG for IT.

Then the bench that is already near the top of the league gets the best bench player and improves even more. The starting lineup surrounds LeBron with shooters, 2 of them being 3 and D guys who don't need the ball, an all star stretch 4, and a big who only wants to do the dirty work. Seems like a perfect fit all around.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 11:38 AM
Yep, they're trying to clear room for the Cavs deal.

Well Frye is a buyout candidate if trade happens. So really it becomes Shumpert and second round pick for Hill. Equal roster spots with Frye bought out. Unless Rose is in it as well.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 11:49 AM
Well Frye is a buyout candidate if trade happens. So really it becomes Shumpert and second round pick for Hill. Equal roster spots with Frye bought out. Unless Rose is in it as well.

Good point, forgot about that. The first rumors had Rose in them but now I'm not seeing it. Maybe they're playing it safe in case they trade IT.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 12:05 PM

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 12:10 PM

Significant return for Courtney Lee lol?

LA4life24/8
01-24-2018, 12:59 PM

Lmao they should be happy to be moving his contract. It's pretty shite

Scoots
01-24-2018, 01:00 PM

He's not great but he is also under-rated.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 01:01 PM
He's not great but he is also under-rated.

Yes he's a solid 3 and D guy, just don't know what they mean by significant.

Scoots
01-24-2018, 01:04 PM
What deals are you talking about?

The Cavs rookie GM somehow picking up and fitting Hill, Williams, DJ, and Bradley I would assume.

Blink
01-24-2018, 01:06 PM
Him and Drummond would be a nice duo and you all always seem to be rumored to wanting to trade Jackson.

We as a fan base seem to ***** about Jacksons defense. He looks like a shutdown defender compared to IT.

If we can unload Galloway while moving Bradley im in more favor of that. We gave given out contracts to Galloway, Boban & Luer and none of them are in the rotation. So frustrating.

IT & Drummond sounds nice. Opposing teams would shoot 90% against us.

Reluctantly i would pass for IT.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 01:14 PM
The Cavs rookie GM somehow picking up and fitting Hill, Williams, DJ, and Bradley I would assume.

Which of these deals has no chance of happening because the Cavs don't have enough to offer?

Shumpert Frye and a 2nd for Hill

IT for Bradley

JR TT and the Nets pick for DJ and Lou

Apparently the only reason the Clippers deal isn't done is because the Cavs are holding off on the Nets pick for right now, the Hill trade will happen in the next couple days if not today, and the Pistons trade is just something I made up but seems reasonable.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 01:27 PM
We as a fan base seem to ***** about Jacksons defense. He looks like a shutdown defender compared to IT.

If we can unload Galloway while moving Bradley im in more favor of that. We gave given out contracts to Galloway, Boban & Luer and none of them are in the rotation. So frustrating.

IT & Drummond sounds nice. Opposing teams would shoot 90% against us.

Reluctantly i would pass for IT.

I think IT's best days are behind him.

mightybosstone
01-24-2018, 01:44 PM
I think IT's best days are behind him.

I think it's unlikely that IT ever matches his 2017-18 numbers again. But I do think the guy could be an excellent No. 2 the rest of his career and thrive in the right situation. This is now the fourth team he's played in his career at age 28, and he's been really productive wherever he went. He averaged at least 20/5/3 in three of his last four seasons with really solid advanced numbers. I don't think he'll suddenly lose that the rest of his career.

I don't really know what the best situation for him is, but Detroit's not terrible. They're a solid defensive team with some quality offensive pieces around him. But would dealing Bradley for IT hurt the defense to a point where it's actually detrimental to the team's success? That's the hard thing to gauge.

prodigy
01-24-2018, 01:50 PM
I think it's unlikely that IT ever matches his 2017-18 numbers again. But I do think the guy could be an excellent No. 2 the rest of his career and thrive in the right situation. This is now the fourth team he's played in his career at age 28, and he's been really productive wherever he went. He averaged at least 20/5/3 in three of his last four seasons with really solid advanced numbers. I don't think he'll suddenly lose that the rest of his career.

I don't really know what the best situation for him is, but Detroit's not terrible. They're a solid defensive team with some quality offensive pieces around him. But would dealing Bradley for IT hurt the defense to a point where it's actually detrimental to the team's success? That's the hard thing to gauge.

You need a really good def team around him. Most importantly a good def SG and post presence.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 01:57 PM
I think IT will be fine. He was out 7 months.

GREATNESS ONE
01-24-2018, 01:57 PM
After watching Randle big boy and take it to Horford (a Eastern Conference All-star) last night. Eastern Conference teams are sleeping on Julius.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Lineup changes and new players for the Cavs is a good feeling to me.

Literally the only reason Love is at C and Crowder is starting is because of the Warriors. Crowder to guard KD and Love to set up a mismatch. Because of this they've tried to stick with this lineup and it has ****ed them this season. JR is only starting because he was crying about it.

IT
Wade
LeBron
Love
TT

Is the best starting lineup for this current group easily. We'll see what players they trade for but Love needs to be the PF going forward and JR needs to get out.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Which of these deals has no chance of happening because the Cavs don't have enough to offer?

Shumpert Frye and a 2nd for Hill

IT for Bradley

JR TT and the Nets pick for DJ and Lou

Apparently the only reason the Clippers deal isn't done is because the Cavs are holding off on the Nets pick for right now, the Hill trade will happen in the next couple days if not today, and the Pistons trade is just something I made up but seems reasonable.

The Clippers trade if Gilbert doesn't have Nets pick on the table. Hill's trade should be done today or tomorrow. Shocked it didn't happen yesterday. They squabbling about a second rounder or what? hhahahah Seems like Shumpert,Frye for Hill pretty much the meat and potatoes of the deal.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 02:08 PM
The Clippers trade if Gilbert doesn't have Nets pick on the table. Hill's trade should be done today or tomorrow. Shocked it didn't happen yesterday. They squabbling about a second rounder or what? hhahahah Seems like Shumpert,Frye for Hill pretty much the meat and potatoes of the deal.

Well yea but the Clips deal wouldn't be becausebthe Cavs didn't have enough to offer.

Not sure what holding up the Hill deal but there's fans mad that they're helping the Cavs by giving Hill for scraps lol.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 02:15 PM
Sorry guys but I think Avery Bradley's value is getting overhyped here. And put me on the list of DJ not being worth that Nets pick.. What happens when they foul him in the playoffs? Cavs need someone who can also hit FT's because I don't trust LeBron can do it when it matters. He's just way too inconsistent. And George Hill is an injury waiting to happen... you guys will be disappointed when you find out he is out for months. You will be giving up Shump and Channing but still, Hill might not ever play in the playoffs for the Cavs. As for Lou, you guys gotta realize that some players play well on bad teams with zero expectations but play poopoo when it matters. I'm not saying Lou isn't one of the best at scoring the ball but they need someone who has been there before. And trading IT? Idk if Avery Bradley is the right trade to make for him. This is why this offseason was a win for the Cavs. They were never going to beat the Warriors with that same roster but they made moves to open up trade ideas. They have so many pieces available for trade. Value for K.Love is high considering coaches voted him an All-Star. I think he has to go. Doesn't seem like they like him at Cleveland.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Well yea but the Clips deal wouldn't be becausebthe Cavs didn't have enough to offer.

Not sure what holding up the Hill deal but there's fans mad that they're helping the Cavs by giving Hill for scraps lol.

It's not for scraps. George Hill is an unreliable player due to his health reasons. He got a crazy good contract considering that fact. That's a concern I have if I am the Cavs. Is this guy even going to be able to suit up for the playoffs?

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 02:32 PM
It's not for scraps. George Hill is an unreliable player due to his health reasons. He got a crazy good contract considering that fact. That's a concern I have if I am the Cavs. Is this guy even going to be able to suit up for the playoffs?

It's expiring players that don't play in the rotation for a 3 and D veteran PG with playoff experience shooting 45% from 3. You're definitely overstating his injury concerns. There's a chance anyone gets injured.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 02:38 PM
It's expiring players that don't play in the rotation for a 3 and D veteran PG with playoff experience shooting 45% from 3. You're definitely overstating his injury concerns. There's a chance anyone gets injured.

1) If you're the Cavs, you want expiring contracts. That way you have leverage to move pieces around. The fact Channing and Shump could both potentially be off your salary next season is a good thing and it's why SAC are even interested in these two pieces.

2) There is a chance anyone can get injured... There's also the chance that a player is more likely to get injured than the rest of the crew. The Cavs shouldn't be paying George Hill $20 million for the next three seasons. That's a completely terrible move. That's money they can use to sign a higher tier player who is willing to sacrifice a bit to join the Cavs. Playoff experience shooting 45% from 3? Bruh, what is you talking about? I guarantee he is not that lights out at shooting.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 02:41 PM
Sorry guys but I think Avery Bradley's value is getting overhyped here. And put me on the list of DJ not being worth that Nets pick.. What happens when they foul him in the playoffs? Cavs need someone who can also hit FT's because I don't trust LeBron can do it when it matters. He's just way too inconsistent. And George Hill is an injury waiting to happen... you guys will be disappointed when you find out he is out for months. You will be giving up Shump and Channing but still, Hill might not ever play in the playoffs for the Cavs. As for Lou, you guys gotta realize that some players play well on bad teams with zero expectations but play poopoo when it matters. I'm not saying Lou isn't one of the best at scoring the ball but they need someone who has been there before. And trading IT? Idk if Avery Bradley is the right trade to make for him. This is why this offseason was a win for the Cavs. They were never going to beat the Warriors with that same roster but they made moves to open up trade ideas. They have so many pieces available for trade. Value for K.Love is high considering coaches voted him an All-Star. I think he has to go. Doesn't seem like they like him at Cleveland.

I'm looking more towards fit. This starting lineup is a great fit around LeBron and being s3 and D guys to the starting lineup. Not fake 3 and D like JR and Crowder.

Hill
Bradley
LeBron
Love
DJ

Sometimes you take a loss talent wise for a better fit/higher impact. (IT for Bradley)

The Cavs need to go all out for LeBron if they want him to stay, throw in all your chips to build a team to beat the Warriors and make him happy. Send that Nets pick for 2 borderline all stars and a guy who I believe was all NBA last year. If they start fouling DJ that's when you roll out your small ball lineup and throw Wade in for DJ.

Hill
Bradley
Wade
LeBron
Love

The bench is a big upgrade as well adding Lou and they're already near the top of the league.

Wade
Lou
Korver
Green
???

I may try and throw Crowder in a deal for a big. Bradley is being underrated, he's having a down year somewhat but putting him back with an elite playmaker will help that and he's a top 3 perimeter defender in the league.

On thing to look at as well, adding DJ to the starters next to Love makes them better defensively because of size alone but DJ is also a great defender so it makes it even better. With DJ in there fhd periemter players can now defend further out on their man. Teams also won't get all the offensive rebounds they usually get against the Cavs.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 02:44 PM
1) If you're the Cavs, you want expiring contracts. That way you have leverage to move pieces around. The fact Channing and Shump could both potentially be off your salary next season is a good thing and it's why SAC are even interested in these two pieces.

2) There is a chance anyone can get injured... There's also the chance that a player is more likely to get injured than the rest of the crew. The Cavs shouldn't be paying George Hill $20 million for the next three seasons. That's a completely terrible move. That's money they can use to sign a higher tier player who is willing to sacrifice a bit to join the Cavs. Playoff experience shooting 45% from 3? Bruh, what is you talking about? I guarantee he is not that lights out at shooting.

He basically has 1 year left on his contract, after next season only 1M is guaranteed.

What lol? He has a lot of playoff experience and is shooting 45% from 3 this year, only behind Klay Thompson.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 03:08 PM
I'm looking more towards fit. This starting lineup is a great fit around LeBron and being s3 and D guys to the starting lineup. Not fake 3 and D like JR and Crowder.

Hill
Bradley
LeBron
Love
DJ

Sometimes you take a loss talent wise for a better fit/higher impact. (IT for Bradley)

The Cavs need to go all out for LeBron if they want him to stay, throw in all your chips to build a team to beat the Warriors and make him happy. Send that Nets pick for 2 borderline all stars and a guy who I believe was all NBA last year. If they start fouling DJ that's when you roll out your small ball lineup and throw Wade in for DJ.

Hill
Bradley
Wade
LeBron
Love

The bench is a big upgrade as well adding Lou and they're already near the top of the league.

Wade
Lou
Korver
Green
???

I may try and throw Crowder in a deal for a big. Bradley is being underrated, he's having a down year somewhat but putting him back with an elite playmaker will help that and he's a top 3 perimeter defender in the league.

On thing to look at as well, adding DJ to the starters next to Love makes them better defensively because of size alone but DJ is also a great defender so it makes it even better. With DJ in there fhd periemter players can now defend further out on their man. Teams also won't get all the offensive rebounds they usually get against the Cavs.

1) Cavs can try to get rid of Crowder by trading him to Bradley. IT is more valuable than a straight-up Bradley trade. There is no need to get rid of IT right now when there are bigger problems than him they have to first resolve.

2) And lost in all your hoopla about fit, who guards KD? You have no one in that lineup you mentioned that can even attempt to guard KD. George Hill+Bradley+Wade would get pummeled into pieces by the Warriors because they are giving up so much in talent and yes, it does matter. I wouldn't trust any of those three to create a play when it matters. Wade is simply too old to get the play he wants. The other two aren't skilled enough.

3) DJ is a solid deal but I think they can get away with trading Kevin Love for him and stick LeBron at PF and try to sign a SF who they can rely on to cover multiple positions.

What I would do is:

Trade Kevin Love+J.R.+Rose for DJ+Lou Williams. We've seen K.Love play Center. Not great but Clippers will risk losing DJ for nothing. Lou is a free agent next season. They will risk losing him as well but at the same time, Lou may look for a large contract. They shouldn't be upset about getting J.R. as he's like Lou Williams and they are still getting a solid deal for J.R.+Rose. I'd reckon Blake+Love+J.R.+Rose will win more games than Lou+DJ+Blake, tbh.
Trade Crowder+Nets Pick+Frye for Bradley+Tobias. Bradley is playing poor so I don't see how a Crowder for Bradley wouldn't entice them a bit. Nets pick for Tobias seems fair. Throw in Channing to make contracts work but I still think Channing is a serviceable off the bench player capable of knocking 2-3 threes per game.
Trade TT+IT for some bench improvements. This will be interesting. TT's contract absolutely sucks but IT is still a very good player. A team desperate to make the playoffs could use him. Going to be tough because he's still coming back from an injury but if they can find a way to get some complementary pieces, it would work. If not, start IT and have Lou come off the bench.

DJ - C
LeBron - Can play anything but C.
Tobias - Can play PF/SF
Bradley - Can play SG
IT - PG/SG

I like that team much better offensively/defensively. Against the Warriors, have LeBron guard Draymond, Tobias vs KD, Bradley vs Curry, IT vs Klay. DJ will eat those guys if played correctly.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 03:11 PM
He basically has 1 year left on his contract, after next season only 1M is guaranteed.

What lol? He has a lot of playoff experience and is shooting 45% from 3 this year, only behind Klay Thompson.

1) Who has 1 year left and a 1M guarantee? Pretty sure George Hill is signed for three years 57M.

2) You typed it as if he was shooting 45% from three in the playoffs. Anyhow, for three attempts per game, shooting 45% from three isn't enough to sway trades in today's league. You have to be shooting much more than that before the real impact happens. Saying he shoots 45% from three when he only averages three 3's per game is the equivalent of 4 points. That's not impressive at all. Klay shoots 7 threes per game - equivalent of 10 points. That's a huge difference and they are flat-out simply different tiers of shooters. No debate here.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 03:27 PM
1) Cavs can try to get rid of Crowder by trading him to Bradley. IT is more valuable than a straight-up Bradley trade. There is no need to get rid of IT right now when there are bigger problems than him they have to first resolve.

2) And lost in all your hoopla about fit, who guards KD? You have no one in that lineup you mentioned that can even attempt to guard KD. George Hill+Bradley+Wade would get pummeled into pieces by the Warriors because they are giving up so much in talent and yes, it does matter. I wouldn't trust any of those three to create a play when it matters. Wade is simply too old to get the play he wants. The other two aren't skilled enough.

3) DJ is a solid deal but I think they can get away with trading Kevin Love for him and stick LeBron at PF and try to sign a SF who they can rely on to cover multiple positions.

What I would do is:

Trade Kevin Love+J.R.+Rose for DJ+Lou Williams. We've seen K.Love play Center. Not great but Clippers will risk losing DJ for nothing. Lou is a free agent next season. They will risk losing him as well but at the same time, Lou may look for a large contract. They shouldn't be upset about getting J.R. as he's like Lou Williams and they are still getting a solid deal for J.R.+Rose. I'd reckon Blake+Love+J.R.+Rose will win more games than Lou+DJ+Blake, tbh.
Trade Crowder+Nets Pick+Frye for Bradley+Tobias. Bradley is playing poor so I don't see how a Crowder for Bradley wouldn't entice them a bit. Nets pick for Tobias seems fair. Throw in Channing to make contracts work but I still think Channing is a serviceable off the bench player capable of knocking 2-3 threes per game.
Trade TT+IT for some bench improvements. This will be interesting. TT's contract absolutely sucks but IT is still a very good player. A team desperate to make the playoffs could use him. Going to be tough because he's still coming back from an injury but if they can find a way to get some complementary pieces, it would work. If not, start IT and have Lou come off the bench.

DJ - C
LeBron - Can play anything but C.
Tobias - Can play PF/SF
Bradley - Can play SG
IT - PG/SG

I like that team much better offensively/defensively. Against the Warriors, have LeBron guard Draymond, Tobias vs KD, Bradley vs Curry, IT vs Klay. DJ will eat those guys if played correctly.

1.) Crowder isn't enough for Bradley as Bradley is much better. IT is expiring and wants a max at 31 and his defense is terrible. Hes not a very valuable trade piece imo because of this.

2.) LeBron can/should man up and guard him. We know he's still the best but prove it. He can't do any worse than Crowder. I'm not sure what you're talking about with Hill Bradley and Wade out there at the same time, is if the closing lineup I listed? Wade can very well still make plays and take over games even at this age. Part of the reason why his play has such a positive impact for the Cavs this year and why the bench is so good.

3. Bad move imo.

Lou may sign an extension before the trade so that's a plus for the Cavs. JR is nothing like Lou now who was arguably an all star snub. JR is god awful this year and Rose is garbage. No way they do better with them and Love instead of Lou and DJ.

If you're throwing the Nets pick to the Pistons might as well send Love there and try to get Drummond.

Hill
Bradley
Tobias
LeBron
Drummond

Move IT and something for Lou Will

Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
Tobias/Korver
LeBron/Green
Drummond/???

They need to find a backup C but I wouldn't be mad at that lineup at all.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 03:32 PM
1) Who has 1 year left and a 1M guarantee? Pretty sure George Hill is signed for three years 57M.

2) You typed it as if he was shooting 45% from three in the playoffs. Anyhow, for three attempts per game, shooting 45% from three isn't enough to sway trades in today's league. You have to be shooting much more than that before the real impact happens. Saying he shoots 45% from three when he only averages three 3's per game is the equivalent of 4 points. That's not impressive at all. Klay shoots 7 threes per game - equivalent of 10 points. That's a huge difference and they are flat-out simply different tiers of shooters. No debate here.

1) He has the remainder of this year, then next year he's basically expiring because year 3 is only 1M guaranteed. The contract is actually pretty good because of this.

2.) He can easily increase volume, he shot 5 per game last year and plays less minutes this year. If he increases the volume to 5 there may be a slight dip in percentage but I would be shocked if it fell below 40% which is perfect for a 3 and D guy.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 03:44 PM
1.) Crowder isn't enough for Bradley as Bradley is much better. IT is expiring and wants a max at 31 and his defense is terrible. Hes not a very valuable trade piece imo because of this.

2.) LeBron can/should man up and guard him. We know he's still the best but prove it. He can't do any worse than Crowder. I'm not sure what you're talking about with Hill Bradley and Wade out there at the same time, is if the closing lineup I listed? Wade can very well still make plays and take over games even at this age. Part of the reason why his play has such a positive impact for the Cavs this year and why the bench is so good.

3. Bad move imo.

Lou may sign an extension before the trade so that's a plus for the Cavs. JR is nothing like Lou now who was arguably an all star snub. JR is god awful this year and Rose is garbage. No way they do better with them and Love instead of Lou and DJ.

If you're throwing the Nets pick to the Pistons might as well send Love there and try to get Drummond.

Hill
Bradley
Tobias
LeBron
Drummond

Move IT and something for Lou Will

Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
Tobias/Korver
LeBron/Green
Drummond/???

They need to find a backup C but I wouldn't be mad at that lineup at all.

1) Bradley's contract is for one year remaining while Crowder has one of the best contracts out there for what you get. He just hasn't been comfortable with Cleveland but many teams could use him. Bradley ain't playing much better than Crowder. Not enough to sway a trade. If Pistons want to keep Bradley because of that, they are going to lose him for nothing.

2) LeBron can't be relied on to guard KD every play and also take the charge against the Warriors. Look at the Warriors. KD, Draymond, Iggy, and Klay take turns guarding LeBron while only LeBron is capable of guarding KD. Offensively, Stephen Curry handles the ball as well whereas LeBron has to handle that for his team as well. It's not efficient to have LeBron do both at the peak level. Would make more sense to have players switch up on KD and force him to change his game. KD already knows how LeBron plays and that's why being one of the GOAT scorers, he knows which shots to take. Switch it up like the Warriors do vs LeBron. Plus, LeBron would make Draymond useless at the paint. There is nothing Draymond can do that LeBron isn't better at.

3) Avery+Hill+Wade vs Curry+Klay+Iggy? Lmao, sorry but Cavs are going to have a significant downgrade over there. And your love for Wade is still admirable but mistakingly poor assessment. Wade has spurts but he's not capable of outperforming Curry, Klay, or sometimes even Iggy. Prime Wade would have gotten what he wanted vs the Warriors but this Wade can't get the shots he wants and that is why you saw him settle for jumpshot after jumpshot vs the Warriors. And I don't see a scenario where you can trust Avery and Hill to make plays in the Finals. Bradley has not been successful in the playoffs at all.

4) No one in the NBA is going to offer more than the Cavs are willing to offer for DJ. Kevin Love is still a 20/10 guy easily. He might not be the best 1/2nd option but he's certainly capable of being a high quality player. If Cavs are going to give up a good contract and player in Kevin Love for an expiring one year contract in DJ, they should get something in return that would sweeten the deal for both sides to agree. J.R. is exactly like Lou but Lou has a higher BBIQ and is more efficient. In terms of being a scorer, they have the same skillset. Lou is a scorer. Asking him to create plays will always be secondary and that is why these guys are always coming off the bench. I do think they can do better. J.R.+Rose have been poor players on a dysfunctional Cavs team. A change of teams does wonders for many players. I don't think J.R. can deal with the pressure of competing for a championship. Seems like a guy who just wants to score the ball and go party afterwards. LA is the best place for him. Rose can pump up some numbers. He's not particularly useful in the Cavs because he's asked to create plays and he just has never been that type of player. Good contract, though.

5) Why do you want Hill so much? He's not a game-changer.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 03:49 PM
1) He has the remainder of this year, then next year he's basically expiring because year 3 is only 1M guaranteed. The contract is actually pretty good because of this.

2.) He can easily increase volume, he shot 5 per game last year and plays less minutes this year. If he increases the volume to 5 there may be a slight dip in percentage but I would be shocked if it fell below 40% which is perfect for a 3 and D guy.

1) The way I see it is this: If George Hill stinks, why would LeBron stick around to play with him next season? Cavs need to clear cap space and start over again if they want LeBron to stay because LeBron is not resigning with this team the way it is. And having George Hill there is not the same as say, having a guy like CP3 on your team. He should 100% absolutely go to the Rockets if this was the case.

2) 45% vs 40% is a huge difference in the NBA. Like I said, 45% from three while taking 3 shots per game is not as impressive as shooting 40% from three while taking 8-9 shots per game. When a guy takes only 3 threes per game, it's because he's taking shots that only occur when they are most efficient. Then you have guys who take an abundance of threes and are knocking them down regardless of who is in front of them. That threat of knowing a guy can shoot regardless of circumstance outweighs a guy who just makes them because no one is close to him.

Bostonjorge
01-24-2018, 04:44 PM
With all the reports of the beef going on in the locker room for the Cavs, no players mentioned are going to fix the Cavs problems. All the pieces are set up for James to leave and join LA. George didn’t make another all star team so the max difference between signing with OKc and LA is only a extra year. No real big $ being left on the table since he’s not eligible for a super max. George who will become a huge media Superstar in LA next to Lebron will make that $ back off the court.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 04:44 PM
1) Bradley's contract is for one year remaining while Crowder has one of the best contracts out there for what you get. He just hasn't been comfortable with Cleveland but many teams could use him. Bradley ain't playing much better than Crowder. Not enough to sway a trade. If Pistons want to keep Bradley because of that, they are going to lose him for nothing.

2) LeBron can't be relied on to guard KD every play and also take the charge against the Warriors. Look at the Warriors. KD, Draymond, Iggy, and Klay take turns guarding LeBron while only LeBron is capable of guarding KD. Offensively, Stephen Curry handles the ball as well whereas LeBron has to handle that for his team as well. It's not efficient to have LeBron do both at the peak level. Would make more sense to have players switch up on KD and force him to change his game. KD already knows how LeBron plays and that's why being one of the GOAT scorers, he knows which shots to take. Switch it up like the Warriors do vs LeBron. Plus, LeBron would make Draymond useless at the paint. There is nothing Draymond can do that LeBron isn't better at.

3) Avery+Hill+Wade vs Curry+Klay+Iggy? Lmao, sorry but Cavs are going to have a significant downgrade over there. And your love for Wade is still admirable but mistakingly poor assessment. Wade has spurts but he's not capable of outperforming Curry, Klay, or sometimes even Iggy. Prime Wade would have gotten what he wanted vs the Warriors but this Wade can't get the shots he wants and that is why you saw him settle for jumpshot after jumpshot vs the Warriors. And I don't see a scenario where you can trust Avery and Hill to make plays in the Finals. Bradley has not been successful in the playoffs at all.

4) No one in the NBA is going to offer more than the Cavs are willing to offer for DJ. Kevin Love is still a 20/10 guy easily. He might not be the best 1/2nd option but he's certainly capable of being a high quality player. If Cavs are going to give up a good contract and player in Kevin Love for an expiring one year contract in DJ, they should get something in return that would sweeten the deal for both sides to agree. J.R. is exactly like Lou but Lou has a higher BBIQ and is more efficient. In terms of being a scorer, they have the same skillset. Lou is a scorer. Asking him to create plays will always be secondary and that is why these guys are always coming off the bench. I do think they can do better. J.R.+Rose have been poor players on a dysfunctional Cavs team. A change of teams does wonders for many players. I don't think J.R. can deal with the pressure of competing for a championship. Seems like a guy who just wants to score the ball and go party afterwards. LA is the best place for him. Rose can pump up some numbers. He's not particularly useful in the Cavs because he's asked to create plays and he just has never been that type of player. Good contract, though.

5) Why do you want Hill so much? He's not a game-changer.

1.) good point on the contracts. I would do it without hesitation if they take it.

2.) They still have Green to take some of that load.

3.) What else do the Cavs have to put out there? IT will get dominated, at least Hill Bradley and Wade can all defend. IT and JR can't guard a traffic cone. A spurt can win you a game, just look at the 3rd quarter bs the Warriors when the Warriors took the lead and the Cavs couldn't get it back. Wade wasn't the only one settling for Jumoers, the whole team was. Wade actually played very well that game and had a good impact which is funny because everyone was trying to tell me he wouldn't help the Cavs. Wade can outplay Iggy and even Klay in a 7 game series. Don't forget Klay usually disappears.

4.) there's no chance they're better with JR and Rose. JR is washed up as it gets. The only thing they do similar is shoot 3s, JR doesn't attack or get to the line like Lou Will. Lou is playmaking good this year too. They would be getting 2 borderline all stars.

5.) Because he's literally the perfect fit next to LeBron. A 3 and D PG who doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. Since IT has been back he's had the ball more than LeBron. That shouldn't happen.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 04:52 PM

Hill's third year only like $2M guaranteed.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 04:57 PM
1) The way I see it is this: If George Hill stinks, why would LeBron stick around to play with him next season? Cavs need to clear cap space and start over again if they want LeBron to stay because LeBron is not resigning with this team the way it is. And having George Hill there is not the same as say, having a guy like CP3 on your team. He should 100% absolutely go to the Rockets if this was the case.

2) 45% vs 40% is a huge difference in the NBA. Like I said, 45% from three while taking 3 shots per game is not as impressive as shooting 40% from three while taking 8-9 shots per game. When a guy takes only 3 threes per game, it's because he's taking shots that only occur when they are most efficient. Then you have guys who take an abundance of threes and are knocking them down regardless of who is in front of them. That threat of knowing a guy can shoot regardless of circumstance outweighs a guy who just makes them because no one is close to him.

1.) So throw away the season? How are they going to clear all this cap? George Hill is very solid and has proven himself in the league, you seem to be misinformed on him. LeBron is basically the PG anyways, his team would be stacked as hell.

IT > Hill (although Hill is a much better fit)
Crowder < Bradley
JR < Lou
TT < DJ

Improvements all across the board if you ask me.

2.) 5 attempts at 45% is literally 0.75 PPG difference. Not much at all. Hill is a perfect 3 and D guy and can be had for scraps.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Hill's third year only like $2M guaranteed.

And you think a prime LeBron wants to waste another year of Hill's second year when he could be on a team with CP3 instead? Do the math. That last year is irrelevant. LeBron would be age 35 by then. It's about now. And right now, I can't imagine a scenario where a $20 million George Hill can help the team to the point where they can win a championship.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 05:04 PM
And you think a prime LeBron wants to waste another year of Hill's second year when he could be on a team with CP3 instead? Do the math. That last year is irrelevant. LeBron would be age 35 by then. It's about now. And right now, I can't imagine a scenario where a $20 million George Hill can help the team to the point where they can win a championship.

Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
DJ/Love

That is a championship team. They won a ring with JR smith and TT garbage contracts.

warfelg
01-24-2018, 05:06 PM
Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
DJ/Love

That is a championship team. They won a ring with JR smith and TT garbage contracts.

Actually they won before those contracts, when those two were still good players. They declined after getting said contracts.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 05:07 PM

Not doing any math. Telling ya Hills third year is $2M guaranteed only. Ya made it sound like a flat rate of three years. I know cause I suggested a trade idea with Kings fans of them eating three year deals from some of my Bucks. They caught on fast. They know Hills partial guaranteed. I could care less where LeBron goes to. If he heads to Rockets fine. I don't give two hoots for LeBron. Not sure how Rockets get LeBron when they got dead weight deals of Anderson,Gordon,Ariza and RFA Capela. LeBron isn't taking any discounts for a ring. CP3 is over rated anyway. Good luck with his banana boat. hahahaha

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 05:07 PM
Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
LeBron/Korver
Love/Green
DJ/Love

They had a Kyrie who was the 2nd best player in the series behind LeBron to also help carry the load. I don't see a scenario where any of LeBron's teammates are the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best performer in a series. And they also added KD. Who did the Cavs add that quantifies that level of addition?

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Actually they won before those contracts, when those two were still good players. They declined after getting said contracts.

You're right on JR but TT already signed his. Hill is better than both of those players.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 05:13 PM
Cavs probably wont rep the east in the finals this year anyway.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 05:14 PM
They had a Kyrie who was the 2nd best player in the series behind LeBron to also help carry the load. I don't see a scenario where any of LeBron's teammates are the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best performer in a series. And they also added KD. Who did the Cavs add that quantifies that level of addition?

They got better across the board. Let's take my proposed team:

Kyrie > Hill
JR < Bradley
LeBron = LeBron
Love = Love
TT < DJ
Delly < Wade
Shumpert < Lou
RJ < Korver
Frye or JJ < Green

That's the teams top 9. They're bench went from being one of the worst to being top 5. With this team adding Lou Will if may be the best bench.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Cavs probably wont rep the east in the finals this year anyway.

Yea they will, no team will push them more than 6.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 05:19 PM
You're right on JR but TT already signed his. Hill is better than both of those players.
Lol, why are you comparing Hill to a center? Makes absolutely zero sense. Hill is not better than many guys at his own position. Not sure why comparing him to a center when the Cavs lack size is a good comparison.

1.) So throw away the season? How are they going to clear all this cap? George Hill is very solid and has proven himself in the league, you seem to be misinformed on him. LeBron is basically the PG anyways, his team would be stacked as hell.

IT > Hill (although Hill is a much better fit)
Crowder < Bradley
JR < Lou
TT < DJ

Improvements all across the board if you ask me.

2.) 5 attempts at 45% is literally 0.75 PPG difference. Not much at all. Hill is a perfect 3 and D guy and can be had for scraps.

1) I never said throw the season out. Hell, you probably wouldn't care if they did if Wade wasn't on the team so I'm not exactly sure why you're pretending to be invested on the Cavs future. I clearly said that there are better trades out there that would help the Cavs. Shump won't opt-in because he's unhappy with the Cavs and wants one more big contract. Channing is a free agent next season. That $20 million is a lot of money. George Hill is simply not worth it for the Cavs. It's a minor improvement that wouldn't alter much.

2) You're constantly being called out for being misinformed so trying to say I am is ironic. If I am being misinformed, please tell me exactly what it is I am being misinformed about. George Hill has gotten injured for many seasons and has already missed 20% of the games this season. I'm not sure this is someone you can rely on to stay healthy for the remainder of the season and in the playoffs. It's not a gamble worth taking for a player who already, isn't likely to alter a series vs the Warriors. Why do you think Kings want this trade? Because they want to shed salary for a player who isn't contributing the way they expected.

3) It's year 2. You're paying George Hill $20 million when you could have had a different higher caliber PG but because you aren't flexible, you can't make those moves. Tell me again how this works for the Cavs next year in trying to resign LeBron. That should be their biggest objective: Find a trade for LeBron or resign him.

4) You're not understanding: It's an improvement but does it bring them past the Warriors? The answer is NO. And if that is the answer, you as a franchise should look for other options. Think about this for a second: Let's say the Cavs do make those trades you suggested and it doesn't work. What happens in the season after? They are stuck with low quality pieces, free agent in DJ who will leave, LeBron leaves, and what else? There is no reason to make these trades when it won't impact the result.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 05:23 PM
They got better across the board. Let's take my proposed team:

Kyrie > Hill
JR < Bradley
LeBron = LeBron
Love = Love
TT < DJ
Delly < Wade
Shumpert < Lou
RJ < Korver
Frye or JJ < Green

That's the teams top 9. They're bench went from being one of the worst to being top 5. With this team adding Lou Will if may be the best bench.

Your format is incredibly confusing because you bring in the old team and try to match it up with their proposed team. Anyhow, how many of us were here saying, "Wow Cavs are stacked. LeBron should have no reason to complain with all this help now." Nearly most of us had that same sentiment. Months later, there is looking to be an overhaul. So yes, sounds good on paper but any fan would see that Warriors would still beat them decisively because look at your list.. no one to guard KD, Hill+Bradley vs Curry+Klay? Love will be outplayed by Draymond. There is no position that the Cavs have the Warriors beat in other than C and a slight advantage in SF with LeBron there. I say slight advantage because LeBron can't do it all for his team and that's where KD's lesser responsibility will produce more impact.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 05:27 PM
Yea they will, no team will push them more than 6.

Not with Gilbert selling. Only thing on the franchise attractive is your so called Nets pick around #8 to #10 if LeBron bolts. Then flip Love that draft for a pick. Then bottom out 5 years and let the other junk salaries come off the books in time. Cavs wont flip that Nets pick now. So kiss that Jordan,Lou trade goodbye. Hill wont do much. May show a spark early but once losses pile up Hill be his old self. Cavs are just to old.

They were horrible defenders before the Irving trade. Only worse now. IT damaged goods. Crowder was regressing last year with Celtics already. Nets pick is over rated. Rose is done. Thompson and Smith dead weight deals. Wade is old as ****. LeBron is good as gone. He should demand a trade to the west and be done with it and get a free ring like KD.

Yeah LeBron is a beast in playoffs. But I think this could be the year he breaks down when his supporting cast sucks. Also fingers pointed at Love. Love probably hoping he's traded. The writing was on the wall and Irving knew better to hit the road before the **** hit the fan. Fan is clogged up already.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Lol, why are you comparing Hill to a center? Makes absolutely zero sense. Hill is not better than many guys at his own position. Not sure why comparing him to a center when the Cavs lack size is a good comparison.

1) I never said throw the season out. Hell, you probably wouldn't care if they did if Wade wasn't on the team so I'm not exactly sure why you're pretending to be invested on the Cavs future. I clearly said that there are better trades out there that would help the Cavs. Shump won't opt-in because he's unhappy with the Cavs and wants one more big contract. Channing is a free agent next season. That $20 million is a lot of money. George Hill is simply not worth it for the Cavs. It's a minor improvement that wouldn't alter much.

2) You're constantly being called out for being misinformed so trying to say I am is ironic. If I am being misinformed, please tell me exactly what it is I am being misinformed about. George Hill has gotten injured for many seasons and has already missed 20% of the games this season. I'm not sure this is someone you can rely on to stay healthy for the remainder of the season and in the playoffs. It's not a gamble worth taking for a player who already, isn't likely to alter a series vs the Warriors. Why do you think Kings want this trade? Because they want to shed salary for a player who isn't contributing the way they expected.

3) It's year 2. You're paying George Hill $20 million when you could have had a different higher caliber PG but because you aren't flexible, you can't make those moves. Tell me again how this works for the Cavs next year in trying to resign LeBron. That should be their biggest objective: Find a trade for LeBron or resign him.

4) You're not understanding: It's an improvement but does it bring them past the Warriors? The answer is NO. And if that is the answer, you as a franchise should look for other options. Think about this for a second: Let's say the Cavs do make those trades you suggested and it doesn't work. What happens in the season after? They are stuck with low quality pieces, free agent in DJ who will leave, LeBron leaves, and what else? There is no reason to make these trades when it won't impact the result.

1.) I see you're starting to get sensitive now, I don't care about their future lol. I want them to trade the Nets pick and win now. You are still misinformed though. The Cavs do not have cap space next summer even if Frye and Shumpert leave.

2.) yep, you've hit your sensitive point. Who's called me out about being misinformed? You're misinformed on Hills play style and impact he would have to the team. Misinformed again, the Kings want the trade because they're going full youth movement now and Hill wants no part of it. They told hill they were going to try and be competitive when they signed him.

3.) name this different high caliber PG they could get with no cap space.

4.) I bet DJ opts in. There's no money out here for him. Go ahead and build the team that will beat the Warriors with this current Cavs team and their moveable pieces.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 05:35 PM
Your format is incredibly confusing because you bring in the old team and try to match it up with their proposed team. Anyhow, how many of us were here saying, "Wow Cavs are stacked. LeBron should have no reason to complain with all this help now." Nearly most of us had that same sentiment. Months later, there is looking to be an overhaul. So yes, sounds good on paper but any fan would see that Warriors would still beat them decisively because look at your list.. no one to guard KD, Hill+Bradley vs Curry+Klay? Love will be outplayed by Draymond. There is no position that the Cavs have the Warriors beat in other than C and a slight advantage in SF with LeBron there. I say slight advantage because LeBron can't do it all for his team and that's where KD's lesser responsibility will produce more impact.

Hill and Bradley is much better defensively than Kyrie and JR. The problem for this Cavs team is the starters, they need a better fit. This team is a far better fit. No reason the team should be better with LeBron off the court.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-24-2018, 05:41 PM
Hill and Bradley is much better defensively than Kyrie and JR. The problem for this Cavs team is the starters, they need a better fit. This team is a far better fit. No reason the team should be better with LeBron off the court.

Whats this Bradley talk? Cavs trading for him or its your trade idea? IT is damaged goods. Cavs are stuck with UFA IT. He's more less just a expiring contract. He's nothing more then a stop gap PG this stage of his career. Love getting treated badly, he's probably is dealt for Jordan,Lou if anything. Since Gilbert maybe selling. New owner may want the Nets pick and most of the dead weight deals traded for expiring's. Or ask for LeBron to be traded to Lakers for Deng and Kuzma and Ingram. PG13 next summer. Lakers got their big two.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 05:51 PM
Whats this Bradley talk? Cavs trading for him or its your trade idea? IT is damaged goods. Cavs are stuck with UFA IT. He's more less just a expiring contract. He's nothing more then a stop gap PG this stage of his career. Love getting treated badly, he's probably is dealt for Jordan,Lou if anything. Since Gilbert maybe selling. New owner may want the Nets pick and most of the dead weight deals traded for expiring's. Or ask for LeBron to be traded to Lakers for Deng and Kuzma and Ingram. PG13 next summer. Lakers got their big two.

Goodness your hot takes are terrible lol.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:05 PM
1.) I see you're starting to get sensitive now, I don't care about their future lol. I want them to trade the Nets pick and win now. You are still misinformed though. The Cavs do not have cap space next summer even if Frye and Shumpert leave.

2.) yep, you've hit your sensitive point. Who's called me out about being misinformed? You're misinformed on Hills play style and impact he would have to the team. Misinformed again, the Kings want the trade because they're going full youth movement now and Hill wants no part of it. They told hill they were going to try and be competitive when they signed him.

3.) name this different high caliber PG they could get with no cap space.

4.) I bet DJ opts in. There's no money out here for him. Go ahead and build the team that will beat the Warriors with this current Cavs team and their moveable pieces.

1) Lol, trust me, I ain't getting sensitive. I just don't see why you're pretending that you are an expert when you have been consistently wrong. Remember your theory that Wade would be able to shoot the three-ball? You do care about their future ONLY when Wade is around. I am not misinformed. You are just too Wade-biased so you fixate scenarios that will only benefit Wade.

2) Again, calling me sensitive when you have Wade's schlong glued to your mouth is not a position you want to take. I am not misinformed on Hill's playstyle. You make it seem as if you are an expert on George Hill when you have no idea what he can do other than you taking the few minutes to watch YouTube highlights on him when you heard the Cavs were interested and then you try to reimagine a scenario where he becomes useful when that is further from the truth because George Hill is a very injury prone player. I had him on my fantasy and expected him back but he kept getting injured. Cavs have no reason to go after him and if you think Hill improves the Cavs chances of winning, you are going to be deeply disappointed.

3) Once again, missing the point. It's called through a trade. They have better trade options than giving their players up for George Hill. Which is why their first move should be trying to trade that Nets pick and seeing what other teams want in addition to that. What if a team wanted Shump/Channing? Why give up that leverage for a low tier George Hill when you have bigger issues to worry about first?

4) No money out for DJ? Lmao, what are you talking about? DJ is one of the top NBA center's in the league. There is money for him. Not max dollars but many teams would take him right now if his contract was longer.

The team you think will beat the Warriors are at a significant disadvantage in position and talent. There is no scenario where you have a Kyrie Irving to help LeBron. You have George Hill who is a poorer version of Mike Conley and Avery Bradley who has not had a worthy playoff experience worth mentioning. Where is the guy who LeBron can rely on? Wade? Lmao, the days of Wade being a reliable and effective weapon in a championship series are over. I don't think you need me to repeat how frustrating it is watching Wade attempt a move he would have been able to complete years ago.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 06:17 PM
1) Lol, trust me, I ain't getting sensitive. I just don't see why you're pretending that you are an expert when you have been consistently wrong. Remember your theory that Wade would be able to shoot the three-ball? You do care about their future ONLY when Wade is around. I am not misinformed. You are just too Wade-biased so you fixate scenarios that will only benefit Wade.

2) Again, calling me sensitive when you have Wade's schlong glued to your mouth is not a position you want to take. I am not misinformed on Hill's playstyle. You make it seem as if you are an expert on George Hill when you have no idea what he can do other than you taking the few minutes to watch YouTube highlights on him when you heard the Cavs were interested and then you try to reimagine a scenario where he becomes useful when that is further from the truth because George Hill is a very injury prone player. I had him on my fantasy and expected him back but he kept getting injured. Cavs have no reason to go after him and if you think Hill improves the Cavs chances of winning, you are going to be deeply disappointed.

3) Once again, missing the point. It's called through a trade. They have better trade options than giving their players up for George Hill. Which is why their first move should be trying to trade that Nets pick and seeing what other teams want in addition to that. What if a team wanted Shump/Channing? Why give up that leverage for a low tier George Hill when you have bigger issues to worry about first?

4) No money out for DJ? Lmao, what are you talking about? DJ is one of the top NBA center's in the league. There is money for him. Not max dollars but many teams would take him right now if his contract was longer.

The team you think will beat the Warriors are at a significant disadvantage in position and talent. There is no scenario where you have a Kyrie Irving to help LeBron. You have George Hill who is a poorer version of Mike Conley and Avery Bradley who has not had a worthy playoff experience worth mentioning. Where is the guy who LeBron can rely on? Wade? Lmao, the days of Wade being a reliable and effective weapon in a championship series are over. I don't think you need me to repeat how frustrating it is watching Wade attempt a move he would have been able to complete years ago.

1.) he's shooting a career high in 3 point %, he was up to 40% but like LeBron has slumped a little recently. I didn't hear you talking then.

2.) lmao! I've watched plenty of George Hill over the years so stop with that nonsense. They're giving players who aren't in the rotation for him and he's a very solid player. No one piece is going to out the Cavs over the top but multiple moves in the right direction will. Anything can happen with LeBron, just need to improve his surroundings. If you ever plan on using glue to stick someone's schlong to your mouth, it may sound crazy but, I highly recommend Elmers stick glue. Pretty weak usually but I guess it mixes well with the skin and it holds in place very wel.

3.) name them if that's the case.

4.) I'm not saying that as a knock to DJ but the market is going to be pretty dry this year from overpaying.

Who was Dirks Kyrie when he beat the Heat in 2011? Wade can definitely effect a finals series as can many players on that team. That team is loaded and fits perfect. Oh yea, Lou Will had 50 on the Warriors and led the Clippers to a W in Oracle. But I'm sure JR could do that too lmao!

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:28 PM
1.) he's shooting a career high in 3 point %, he was up to 40% but like LeBron has slumped a little recently. I didn't hear you talking then.

2.) lmao! I've watched plenty of George Hill over the years so stop with that nonsense. They're giving players who aren't in the rotation for him and he's a very solid player. No one piece is going to out the Cavs over the top but multiple moves in the right direction will. Anything can happen with LeBron, just need to improve his surroundings. If you ever plan on using glue to stick someone's schlong to your mouth, it may sound crazy but, I highly recommend Elmers stick glue. Pretty weak usually but I guess it mixes well with the skin and it holds in place very wel.

3.) name them if that's the case.

4.) I'm not saying that as a knock to DJ but the market is going to be pretty dry this year from overpaying.

Who was Dirks Kyrie when he beat the Heat in 2011? Wade can definitely effect a finals series as can many players on that team. That team is loaded and fits perfect. Oh yea, Lou Will had 50 on the Warriors and led the Clippers to a W in Oracle. But I'm sure JR could do that too lmao!

1) Lol. Shooting a career high in 3P% when your percentages were vastly below average isn't worth bragging about. He's still a terrible three point shooter when you said he wouldn't be. He isn't slumping: He just sucks at it.

2) They're giving two players up for a player who will take $20 million next season and that is something LeBron is going to see and not want to waste another year of his career playing with. George Hill isn't the problem here. He's a very good player who knows how to play the game and doesn't force bad plays - which is why I said he's a poorer version of Mike Conley. But he's such a small piece that it's not worth making right now unless you figure out what you do with Kevin Love, IT, Nets pick, etc.,

3) I already did... Go look at the Tobias Harris trade that I said would make more sense. There's more options than George Hill so I don't have to name every alternative. You and I both know the Cavs have lots of leverage with that Nets pick so why settle for George Hill right now? You focus on the CORE pieces first. IMO, the fact Cavs are going after George Hill actually reaffirms that they are not trying to trade that Nets pick seeing as any competent GM would know that your complementary pieces are only as good as your 1-3rd option players.

4) Dirk didn't beat Miami. LeBron beat Miami. You have constantly bantered about how LeBron ruined Wade's Finals MVP and ring that season but now you're professing that it was Dirk who outperformed the Heat when in reality, it was LeBron who underperformed? Which one is it? Regarding Lue Williams, ask any Rockets fan out there how Lue played when he was traded there. Hint: They traded him because he was garbage for them and didn't quite fit the way they expected. The problem is, players like Lou Williams may have that one insane year (just like J.R. did) but then revert back to being inefficient and a volume scorer. There isn't a precedent that Lou can excel on a championship-level team. It's much easier scoring on a terrible team loading up buckets than it is to figuring out how to play effectively on a championship team. And that is why Lou would excel on a poor team more than he would on a great team. Look at Lou's career. This is his best season by FAR. It's actually that one outlier season I am talking about. Which one of Lou's seasons looks different than J.R.'s other than this season? They are both the same player in terms of style. Lou is just having a really good season.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Agree to disagree then. Also, how are you going to call me out for being a Wade fan when you're a LeBron, Thunder, Knicks, etc fan lol?

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 06:50 PM
Agree to disagree then. Also, how are you going to call me out for being a Wade fan when you're a LeBron, Thunder, Knicks, etc fan lol?

1) I'm a LeBron fan because he's the 2nd greatest player in basketball history. That's admiration more than being a bandwagon. There hasn't been a reason not to be a fan of LeBron. Idk why it has to be one or the other.

2) I'm not really a Knicks fan but they are the local team from NYC. Have to support them just because it's interesting to talk about. Rather Knicks win than not, right?

3) Again, not really a Thunder fan. I would gladly go back to Seattle if it were an option. In fact, I actually want Seattle to come back because KD said he would be interested. Seattle has always been my favorite team.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 06:54 PM
1) I'm a LeBron fan because he's the 2nd greatest player in basketball history. That's admiration more than being a bandwagon. There hasn't been a reason not to be a fan of LeBron. Idk why it has to be one or the other.

2) I'm not really a Knicks fan but they are the local team from NYC. Have to support them just because it's interesting to talk about. Rather Knicks win than not, right?

3) Again, not really a Thunder fan. I would gladly go back to Seattle if it were an option. In fact, I actually want Seattle to come back because KD said he would be interested. Seattle has always been my favorite team.

So you want KD back even after the ***** move he made?

Who's the team you want to win the title then?

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 07:03 PM
So you want KD back even after the ***** move he made?

Who's the team you want to win the title then?

Seattle? Only reason I was a Seattle Sonics fan was because I was given a jersey as a gift and I've just really liked their jerseys until I then began watching basketball and Ray Allen came along and was my favorite player. I wouldn't want OKC Thunder to lose necessarily but Seattle is the team I enjoyed being a fan of the most.

GREATNESS ONE
01-24-2018, 07:14 PM

Lol we’re not trading Kuzma/Ingram for Lebron.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 07:18 PM
Lol we’re not trading Kuzma/Ingram for Lebron.

Yeah. You're trading: Kuzma/Ingram/Lonzo/Staples Center/all your water for LeBron.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 10:55 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9nvvdpj

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9swoanp

In the first trade, BKN pick to the Clips, 2nd rounder to the Kings, think it gives OKC an interesting look and adds 2 all stars. 2nd trade probably send a trade exception instead of Cedi in that deal but if Cedi or Zizic can get it done then send one of them.

Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
PG/Korver
LeBron/Green
DJ/Reed

They now have that 2nd star you were wanting Flashbolt.

Who says no?

mrblisterdundee
01-24-2018, 11:02 PM
I keep wondering why the Magic don't come up more in trade talks. They've got a lot of good players on smart contracts.
The Cavaliers could trade Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Cedi Osman and the Brooklyn pick to Orlando for Evan Fournier, Nikola Vucevic, Jonathon Simmons and D.J. Augustin. I'd be willing to throw in another pick on either side to make it work.
Orlando adds a high first-rounder and armors their tank a bit more for the lottery. A front court of Gordon, Love and Biyombo doesn't sound terrible. Love's still a tradable asset they could use to get even better position in the draft.
Here's a look at the Cavaliers' younger, cheaper, bigger and better-shooting depth chart, stacked enough to be halfway decent even if LeBron still leaves:
• PG: Thomas, Augustin, Rose
• SG: Smith, Wade, Shumpert, Holland
• SF: Fournier, Simmons, Shumpert, Kyle Korver
• PF: LeBron, Crowder, Green
• C: Vucevic, Frye, Zizic

beasted86
01-24-2018, 11:09 PM
This the trade block and rumors thread or fantasy basketball imaginary 2k rape (decline option "off") trade thread?

PG13 and Bradley haven't been mentioned in any trade rumors anytime recently. Cavs won't trade 4 starters.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 11:10 PM
I read reports before the season that LeBron said no to a deal getting the Cavs PG and Bledsoe for Kyrie, now today reports are saying LeBron is upset they didn't get PG or Bledsoe which is what Griffin was working on so now I figured I would try and get him PG.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 11:12 PM
This the trade block and rumors thread or fantasy basketball imaginary 2k rape (decline option "off") trade thread?

PG13 and Bradley haven't been mentioned in any trade rumors anytime recently. Cavs won't trade 4 starters.

Doesn't mean they wouldn't move then for the right deal though. I've seen them mentioned a lot on other sites too. Clevelands starters are the problem so you never know. Not likely but they're saying they're going to make multiple moves.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 11:13 PM
I keep wondering why the Magic don't come up more in trade talks. They've got a lot of good players on smart contracts.
The Cavaliers could trade Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Cedi Osman and the Brooklyn pick to Orlando for Evan Fournier, Nikola Vucevic, Jonathon Simmons and D.J. Augustin. I'd be willing to throw in another pick on either side to make it work.
Orlando adds a high first-rounder and armors their tank a bit more for the lottery. A front court of Gordon, Love and Biyombo doesn't sound terrible. Love's still a tradable asset they could use to get even better position in the draft.
Here's a look at the Cavaliers' younger, cheaper, bigger and better-shooting depth chart, stacked enough to be halfway decent even if LeBron still leaves:

I don't think that's near enough for the Nets pick and Love to be honest.

beasted86
01-24-2018, 11:14 PM

Gordon is a PF. Love doesn't work and your trades don't fit the timeline (age) assuming they are rebuilding around Gordon.

Saddletramp
01-24-2018, 11:35 PM

I'd love to have an actual trade deadline thread that doesn't get derailed by fantasy trades, trolling, and idiotry. Maybe closer to the deadline a real one can be made and not ****ed around with.

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 11:45 PM
I'd love to have an actual trade deadline thread that doesn't get derailed by fantasy trades, trolling, and idiotry. Maybe closer to the deadline a real one can be made and not ****ed around with.

Nah **** that, this is what they're for.

FlashBolt
01-24-2018, 11:50 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9nvvdpj

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9swoanp

In the first trade, BKN pick to the Clips, 2nd rounder to the Kings, think it gives OKC an interesting look and adds 2 all stars. 2nd trade probably send a trade exception instead of Cedi in that deal but if Cedi or Zizic can get it done then send one of them.

Hill/Wade
Bradley/Lou
PG/Korver
LeBron/Green
DJ/Reed

They now have that 2nd star you were wanting Flashbolt.

Who says no?

Your first link doesn't work but no thanks.. I don't want Kevin Love. If we are not getting the BKLYN pick, I don't want a trade with the Cavs.

CityofTreez
01-24-2018, 11:51 PM
Got an update on my phone that Bron is pissed off again. Thank God....