PDA

View Full Version : Is Michael Beasley an All Star this season?

GiantsSwaGG
12-22-2017, 10:00 AM
Averaging 22 pts in a 5 game span, and single handily beat the Celtics. Michael Jordan on the left side does he deserve some all star votes?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-22-2017, 10:15 AM
Wish the Bucks still had him.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2017, 10:19 AM
I always like Beasley for some reason. Prolly cause I know if I ever met him I could hit that spliff

KnickNyKnick
12-22-2017, 10:31 AM
I always like Beasley for some reason. Prolly cause I know if I ever met him I could hit that spliff

LoL, i think a lot of Knicks fans have that in common with Beasley. Hes a fan favorite.

One Nut Kruk
12-22-2017, 10:43 AM

Yep lol.

Giannis94
12-22-2017, 10:46 AM
Will be the best player on the court Monday. Embi will talk trash and then beastley will light him up on the court

WaDe03
12-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Beasley is 28, don't forget Jordan didn't win his first title until he was 28.

ewing
12-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
12-22-2017, 11:54 AM

Hah. I've always felt that 5 years after his retirement he's going to "come clean" and admit he never played an NBA game sober in his life. Which will be responded to with a collective, "we know Beez".

Hawkeye15
12-22-2017, 11:58 AM
Hah. I've always felt that 5 years after his retirement he's going to "come clean" and admit he never played an NBA game sober in his life. Which will be responded to with a collective, "we know Beez".

haha, exactly.

"Yeah duh Mike"

Hawkeye15
12-22-2017, 11:59 AM
LoL, i think a lot of Knicks fans have that in common with Beasley. Hes a fan favorite.

Wolves fans loved him too. Everyone loves a loveable pothead man

IKnowHoops
12-22-2017, 12:08 PM
Beez will forever be a GOAT of some kind

IKnowHoops
12-22-2017, 01:10 PM
I was thinking, the talent has always been there for him to be a great scorer in the NBA. There was just a disconnect there. At 28, its possible he just finally figured it out what he wasn't doing. He seemed so comfortable and confident and he had a look in his eye knowing he can score at anytime with an array of moves. He always had just under Durant scoring ability. What if he is simply that now. Maybe playing in China and setting all the records and remembering what it was like to be the man every night woke him up. His next contract could be for 200 million if he can prove to be a top 10 scorer in the NBA, which is possible.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2017, 01:19 PM
I was thinking, the talent has always been there for him to be a great scorer in the NBA. There was just a disconnect there. At 28, its possible he just finally figured it out what he wasn't doing. He seemed so comfortable and confident and he had a look in his eye knowing he can score at anytime with an array of moves. He always had just under Durant scoring ability. What if he is simply that now. Maybe playing in China and setting all the records and remembering what it was like to be the man every night woke him up. His next contract could be for 200 million if he can prove to be a top 10 scorer in the NBA, which is possible.

no doubt he has a natural scoring instinct and an ability to put the ball in the basket. He just really never developed, and his main criticism was he never worked hard. Imagine if he took the game as serious as a Jimmy Butler, or Kobe or someone like that. He would have been amazing.

WaDe03
12-22-2017, 01:26 PM

GiantsSwaGG
12-22-2017, 01:43 PM

:laugh: I thought that was legit for a minute

GiantsSwaGG
12-22-2017, 01:46 PM
no doubt he has a natural scoring instinct and an ability to put the ball in the basket. He just really never developed, and his main criticism was he never worked hard. Imagine if he took the game as serious as a Jimmy Butler, or Kobe or someone like that. He would have been amazing.

Beasley is on par with Jordan when it comes to ability but at the end of the day you canít trust a pot head. But in all seriousness itís so frustrating when guys like Beasley or JR Smith etc, all this ability to be great and they waste it all away.

blahblahyoutoo
12-22-2017, 02:32 PM
he's a cheaper, more efficient scorer than melo. who knew.

mrblisterdundee
12-22-2017, 02:42 PM
Every contender needs a strong bench, and Beastly's a great reserve, a small-ball power forward spark plug scorer who can torch second units and lesser starters. I don't get why Houston and Milwaukee didn't keep him, especially considering how insanely cheap he is.

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 02:43 PM
I always felt Beasley would have became a superstar if he just took the game serious. I'm not sure how much he wanted to be #1 pick and he saw Rose win MVP but the dude always had offensive game that was just below KD. If it were up to Beasley, he would probably be getting near max dollars had he played more consistent and didn't get himself into extracurricular activities outside of basketball. Unfortunate for him, tbh. He's capable of more than coming off the bench but a coach will never be able to trust him.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Beasley is on par with Jordan when it comes to ability but at the end of the day you canít trust a pot head. But in all seriousness itís so frustrating when guys like Beasley or JR Smith etc, all this ability to be great and they waste it all away.

not sure it is pot, the dude just has a laid back mentality. I imagine sports, and most things, come very easy to him, and he never needed to work hard. It was his biggest criticism as a youth, and it is now. He just doesn't care I don't think. You are either born a killer, or not. He, was not.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-22-2017, 04:11 PM

Pretty much this lol

Scoots
12-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Beasley's always been a natural scorer ... it's the rest of the package that's the issue.

One Nut Kruk
12-22-2017, 05:03 PM
I see no reason why you canít trust a pothead. I trust lots of them.

JAZZNC
12-22-2017, 07:10 PM
not sure it is pot, the dude just has a laid back mentality. I imagine sports, and most things, come very easy to him, and he never needed to work hard. It was his biggest criticism as a youth, and it is now. He just doesn't care I don't think. You are either born a killer, or not. He, was not.

It's crazy to think about guys like Beasley and Ricky Williams. Guys who literally could care less and still do very well at the highest level of their sport. Amazing how gifted you ha e to be to not give a **** and still be that good. If they would have had the work ethic and mentality to go with that God given ability....man.

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 07:46 PM
It's crazy to think about guys like Beasley and Ricky Williams. Guys who literally could care less and still do very well at the highest level of their sport. Amazing how gifted you ha e to be to not give a **** and still be that good. If they would have had the work ethic and mentality to go with that God given ability....man.

Beasley came up in a great organization, too. Pat Riley and mentorship of Wade. I'm not sure what went wrong but he has to be kicking himself when he realizes he should have made around $300 million in contracts. I mean, he's about to turn 29 so that would have been enough for at least another $150 million contract until he retired. Shame, really.

IndyRealist
12-22-2017, 07:53 PM
he's a cheaper, more efficient scorer than melo. who knew.

Neither of those things is particularly difficult.

IKnowHoops
12-23-2017, 01:18 AM

hahahahahahahahaha

jaydubb
12-23-2017, 05:12 AM
Is this guy ever not high? Just one "randomly selected drug test" and he's ****ed

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JasonJohnHorn
12-23-2017, 10:59 PM
He's not even a starter on his own team.

Heediot
12-24-2017, 12:24 PM
He's not even a starter on his own team.

Kobe was a Bench player that made the ASG. His second year IIRC, i think voted in. Lakers had 3 guards who made it with EJ and Van Exel that year too (and of course Shaq).

Wasn't Korver a bench player when he made it? Could of been a starter in the hawks, I forgot.

Hasn't there been other 6th men that made it once in a blue moon?

This isn't a serious thread by the OP, I think he's just clowning anyway.

JasonJohnHorn
12-25-2017, 12:13 AM
Kobe was a Bench player that made the ASG. His second year IIRC, i think voted in. Lakers had 3 guards who made it with EJ and Van Exel that year too (and of course Shaq).

Wasn't Korver a bench player when he made it? Could of been a starter in the hawks, I forgot.

Hasn't there been other 6th men that made it once in a blue moon?

This isn't a serious thread by the OP, I think he's just clowning anyway.

Well... the Kobe thing was an anomaly. He was popular for winning the slam dunk title and got voted on. But yes, 6th men could potentially win, and in Kobe's case, the started on the team ahead of him made it on the team, so they were just really deep (4 All-Stars that year).

The Knicks.... Beasley is currently 8th in the rotation (I think he's moved up; that's just based on per-minute average), and fifth on the team in scoring, which is what he is best at... for 4 of his teammates are ahead of him in that respect, and only one of the Knicks is an All-Star this year (Prozzi Prozbourne).

The notion that some dude coming off the bench posting 10 points a game and only four rebounds, and twice as man turnovers as assists, and not really known for busting his @$$ on D... well.. it just seems like a joke (which I assumed this thread was to be frank).

He' strung together a few good games, I am happy to see him scoring efficiently and I hope he keeps this up. All-star? Fawk no. Not even close. I doubt that a team who is struggle to stay at .500 in the east warrants more than one All-Star, let alone the 5 that would be required for Beasley to make the AST and the five dudes ahead of him in scoring on his own team (and that's assuming nobody GAF about rebounds, assists, and defense, of which there are even more than five guys ahead of him).

Sure... these are subjective opinions, but this is frankly laughable.

kobe4thewinbang
12-25-2017, 02:50 AM
He's doing what people hoped he would do much earlier. But he did have a killer game, no doubt! In today's NBA with the salary cap surge, I wouldn't mind seeing him get a quality deal. Always liked his game.

Silent
12-25-2017, 02:53 AM
Will be the best player on the court Monday. Embi will talk trash and then beastley will light him up on the court

Put Down That Crack Pipe

Jeffy25
12-25-2017, 05:37 AM
Of course not. 5 games shouldn't make an all star

WaDe03
12-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Beasley came up in a great organization, too. Pat Riley and mentorship of Wade. I'm not sure what went wrong but he has to be kicking himself when he realizes he should have made around $300 million in contracts. I mean, he's about to turn 29 so that would have been enough for at least another $150 million contract until he retired. Shame, really.

He was actually pretty impressive as a rookie too. Thought the future was bright. He had 4 runs with the Heat lol.

warfelg
12-25-2017, 04:40 PM

This. LOL. We gonna get one of these for every great 1 week?

Bostonjorge
12-25-2017, 05:20 PM
He canít play good on Christmas. Itís the one day of the year heís sober.

NYKnickFanatic
12-25-2017, 05:43 PM

This. He has had a few good games, but an All-Star? What the actually ****? Lol

Crackadalic
12-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Well... the Kobe thing was an anomaly. He was popular for winning the slam dunk title and got voted on. But yes, 6th men could potentially win, and in Kobe's case, the started on the team ahead of him made it on the team, so they were just really deep (4 All-Stars that year).

The Knicks.... Beasley is currently 8th in the rotation (I think he's moved up; that's just based on per-minute average), and fifth on the team in scoring, which is what he is best at... for 4 of his teammates are ahead of him in that respect, and only one of the Knicks is an All-Star this year (Prozzi Prozbourne).

The notion that some dude coming off the bench posting 10 points a game and only four rebounds, and twice as man turnovers as assists, and not really known for busting his @$$ on D... well.. it just seems like a joke (which I assumed this thread was to be frank).

He' strung together a few good games, I am happy to see him scoring efficiently and I hope he keeps this up. All-star? Fawk no. Not even close. I doubt that a team who is struggle to stay at .500 in the east warrants more than one All-Star, let alone the 5 that would be required for Beasley to make the AST and the five dudes ahead of him in scoring on his own team (and that's assuming nobody GAF about rebounds, assists, and defense, of which there are even more than five guys ahead of him).

Sure... these are subjective opinions, but this is frankly laughable.

Your post is way to serious. Go smoke a spliff or something man like the BeasGoD

bklynny67
12-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Averaging 22 pts in a 5 game span, and single handily beat the Celtics. Michael Jordan on the left side does he deserve some all star votes?
So a 5 game span = all star?

LOL are you ****ing serious?

bklynny67
12-25-2017, 09:09 PM
Did someone say Beasley is on par with Jordan?

L O ****ing L

Holy **** that's hilarious, what are people smoking these days to come up with this ****? No way anyone who actually witnessed Jordan would believe that.

Giannis94
12-25-2017, 11:49 PM

L O ****ing L

Holy **** that's hilarious, what are people smoking these days to come up with this ****? No way anyone who actually witnessed Jordan would believe that.

Witness Jordan? How about you witness Beastley and then we can talk. How bout dat

ewing
12-26-2017, 12:39 AM
i think he might just miss it

Giannis94
12-26-2017, 01:25 AM
i think he might just miss it
Beasley to MJ is a more realistic comp than he-who-shall-not-be-named to Giannis. Just saying.

Tg11
12-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Michael Beasley if he could keep up this play then I don't see why not but realistically right now I just can't see him making it in either as a starter or even as a reserve

GoferKing_
12-26-2017, 03:57 PM
Yes, a couple of good games this season, Beasley is the GOAT, sorry Jordan.

Giannis94
12-26-2017, 11:01 PM
Mods?

WaDe03
12-26-2017, 11:05 PM
mods?

bae?

Giannis94
12-27-2017, 12:02 AM
bae?
If I was a 76ers fan I would report this for trolling. But I'm not one that goes around reporting posts.

goingfor28
12-27-2017, 01:03 AM

L O ****ing L

Holy **** that's hilarious, what are people smoking these days to come up with this ****? No way anyone who actually witnessed Jordan would believe that.This. Beasley is far better than Jordan ever was. Saying he is "on par" is a slap in the face to Beasley.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

WaDe03
12-27-2017, 01:01 PM
My thread gets locked yet this stays open. Like the Giannis and Embiid threads. I mean if beasley is a fringey all star then my thread was warranted. If hes not, this should be locked too

Dry your tears

GoferKing_
12-27-2017, 02:24 PM
My thread gets locked yet this stays open. Like the Giannis and Embiid threads. I mean if beasley is a fringey all star then my thread was warranted. If hes not, this should be locked too

I agree.

BoSox47
12-27-2017, 02:42 PM
10.9 ppg/ 4.1 rebound/g and a .28 WS/48. Is this thread real a troll thread?

cmellofan15
12-27-2017, 09:09 PM
If I was a 76ers fan I would report this for trolling. But I'm not one that goes around reporting posts.

Iím not a 76ers fan and i reported your thread. Cry about someone elseís thread all you want but maybe you shouldnít blatanly troll in the NBA forum :shrug:

ewing
12-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Iím not a 76ers fan and i reported your thread. Cry about someone elseís thread all you want but maybe you shouldnít blatanly troll in the NBA forum :shrug:

narc

europagnpilgrim
12-28-2017, 02:10 PM
i don't know if he is an all star this year or not but coming out of college and in flashes now he was a walking 25 10 guy and I figured he would come into the league and do about 15ppg, I recall the KD college comparisons and I was like no way in hell is he going to be on KD level in nba but he is what he always was, a player who could get buckets but just didn't seem motivated to want the fame that comes with the territory of being a top 2/3 pick

but I do know for sure that this is a Man

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751025-you-can-be-a-pioneer-meet-the-women-ready-to-revolutionize-the-nba

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2017, 02:39 PM

:clap:

Rush
12-28-2017, 03:12 PM

Your thread was locked because it was trolling. This isnít.

Giannis94
12-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Your thread was locked because it was trolling. This isnít.

Mine wasn't trolling. This thread is.

KnickNyKnick
12-28-2017, 11:57 PM
Michael BEASTley's numbers today vs Spurs 23/12/4/2/1 - Allstar. This guy can can score.. Perfect Melo replacement.

IKnowHoops
12-29-2017, 10:23 AM
Michael BEASTley's numbers today vs Spurs 23/12/4/2/1 - Allstar. This guy can can score.. Perfect Melo replacement.

Love your Beas vid

KnickNyKnick
12-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Love your Beas vid

LoL thx. If you look closely Hardaway looks like a maniac in that one.

I just changed it to the Timme Shimmy today though

KnickNyKnick
01-06-2018, 01:32 AM
Beasley tonight in 20 minutes...20pts, 10rebs, 2dimes, 2steals... whoa.