PDA

View Full Version : Should the NBA have a Legends game during NBA All Star Weekend

Tg11
12-16-2017, 11:43 AM
If anything I was thinking to myself that you know how NBA All Star Weekend has all of these events but what they don't have is a Legends game where you have past legends playing against each other in a game. Now I thought to myself that wouldn't the NBA All Star Weekend generate more interest if you have past legends coming back to play a game against their fellow legends? I think it would be pretty damn cool and what is the NBA All Star Weekend all about? Giving back to the fans but it is also all about entertainment as well

FlashBolt
12-16-2017, 03:04 PM
The problem is, these guys aren't going to do it for free. A bunch of them probably will never touch a basketball again and would never risk some sort of injury. I would like to see recently retired players such as Kobe, Duncan, etc., but there is no incentive for them to do it at all.

Scoots
12-16-2017, 03:08 PM
I think the only solution for all-star weekend is the NBA investing huge money in it. So it's doomed.

Jeffy25
12-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Until the players care about rivalries and having a conference bragging rights, the ASG is trash in every way and every thing associated with it.

IndyRealist
12-16-2017, 04:08 PM
If anything I was thinking to myself that you know how NBA All Star Weekend has all of these events but what they don't have is a Legends game where you have past legends playing against each other in a game. Now I thought to myself that wouldn't the NBA All Star Weekend generate more interest if you have past legends coming back to play a game against their fellow legends? I think it would be pretty damn cool and what is the NBA All Star Weekend all about? Giving back to the fans but it is also all about entertainment as well

Retired players play in the celebrity game. It's the only thing that makes it bearable.

mightybosstone
12-16-2017, 07:37 PM
Hell, I'd settle for a legends game of HORSE. Imagine a field of 6-8 elite retired Hall of Famers trying to outdo each other, and inevitably betting thousands of dollars on the side on every shot. Would the guy shooting in front of Shaq show him up by just shooting a free throw? Would Jordan try to dunk from the free throw line? Can Hakeem still Dream Shake in his 50s?

Seriously, how much fun would that be?

LOb0
12-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Better than the dunk contest.

FlashBolt
12-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Apparently, these guys want to make the official ASG competitive again. That's all we can ask for, tbh.

tredigs
12-16-2017, 10:16 PM
It would be mostly underwhelming/sad and filled with players no casual fans remember.

MTM did you just ask if Jordan would try to dunk from the FT line? Lol. Jordan can probably barely dunk, and if he has a hip issue (very well could), he can't.

bloomis1307
12-17-2017, 09:56 AM
I still think the ASG should decide who gets home court in the NBA finals. Players would give a damn if it meant an extra home game

ewing
12-17-2017, 11:04 AM
No, it will suck regardless, they should cancel the weekend and give these babies some of the rest they like to cry about not getting.

ewing
12-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Hell, I'd settle for a legends game of HORSE. Imagine a field of 6-8 elite retired Hall of Famers trying to outdo each other, and inevitably betting thousands of dollars on the side on every shot. Would the guy shooting in front of Shaq show him up by just shooting a free throw? Would Jordan try to dunk from the free throw line? Can Hakeem still Dream Shake in his 50s?

Seriously, how much fun would that be?

first good idea I have heard. Let them play horse and talk as much **** and bet as much of there own cash as they want.

Tg11
12-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Better than the dunk contest.

I know right and it would bring in ratings for that alone