PDA

View Full Version : Rockets. Celtics. Who's your $ on in a 7 game series?

lol, please
12-15-2017, 12:59 AM
Both rosters fully healthy.

Who wins?

Heediot
12-15-2017, 01:03 AM
This year Rox. After that Boston.

nastynice
12-15-2017, 01:13 AM
Rox. They gonna be good this playoffs. Better than people think

nastynice
12-15-2017, 01:14 AM
This year Rox. After that Boston.

If Tatum and Brown keep progressing as expected that team gonna be crazy

Raps18-19 Champ
12-15-2017, 01:17 AM
Rockets in 7. I know you said healthy but Hayward played 1 game so I can't really consider him healthy since I don't know how he'd gel with the team.

tredigs
12-15-2017, 01:58 AM
Rockets in 7. I know you said healthy but Hayward played 1 game so I can't really consider him healthy since I don't know how he'd gel with the team.

With or without Hayward it is Rockets in 5/6 with a sweep more likely than it going 7. They are on a far different level than Boston (who are a very, very good team). Only team that can **** with Houston on an equal playing field is Cleveland at full strength and the only team better is Golden State.

mrblisterdundee
12-15-2017, 02:36 AM
I'm going to go ahead and vote based on reality. Hayward's out. Let's see how he comes back before having that thread.
The Rockets have a more supercharged offense, but the Celtics can throw some long, nasty defenders at Harden, Paul and Gordon. I can't wait to see Smart get sicced on Harden. Even without Hayward, I'm predicting a close, small-ball bloodbath that the Rockets pull out in six or seven games.

tp13baby
12-15-2017, 03:00 AM
Celtics. Better defending team and if they are allowed to play physical in anyway they have the advantage.

kyubi256
12-15-2017, 09:50 AM
I voted for Celtics because the Rockets always seem to choke in the playoffs

FlashBolt
12-15-2017, 03:13 PM
I feel like some of you are totally bought into the choking label and automatically disqualify the Rockets. It's a concern but let's not pretend Celtics are proven in the playoffs as well. Kyrie is probably the only proven player. Horford hasn't really shown up in big moments when needed and I'm not sure who else you can say has been great. I'd rather take CP3 over Kyrie and I'm not exactly sure how you can guard Harden these days.

Htownballa1622
12-15-2017, 03:28 PM
"Rockets always choke in playoffs."

I guess losing to higher seeded team is now choking. :facepalm:

Rockets in 6.

FlashBolt
12-15-2017, 03:34 PM
"Rockets always choke in playoffs."

I guess losing to higher seeded team is now choking. :facepalm:

Rockets in 6.

You guys lost to the Spurs. Game 6 at your home. Kawhi Leonard was out for the game. How much did you guys lose by? Like 35. Yeah, you guys absolutely choked. This was Rockets chance to even up the series and potentially even win because Kawhi was far from 100%, yet, Harden had like 10 points and looked like the worst superstar. Had everyone disgusted.

mightybosstone
12-15-2017, 03:38 PM
You guys lost to the Spurs. Game 6 at your home. Kawhi Leonard was out for the game. How much did you guys lose by? Like 35. Yeah, you guys absolutely choked. This was Rockets chance to even up the series and potentially even win because Kawhi was far from 100%, yet, Harden had like 10 points and looked like the worst superstar. Had everyone disgusted.

It was disgusting. No excuses (although there's a real belief out there held by a lot of folks that Harden suffered a concussion on a Gasol elbow late in Game 5). But nobody was picking Houston to win that series going in, and they still would have had to win Game 7 in San Antonio.

Htownballa1622
12-15-2017, 03:46 PM

The word "choke" gets thrown around too much.

One team played like **** and got absolutely worn out. No excuses, they lost.

BUT "ALWAYS CHOKE IN PLAYOFFS" is not how I'd describe it.

Otherwise, Celtics choked in playoffs last year too being the 1 seed. It's hypocritical and narrative based to bash the Rockets yet give Celtics a pass for losing in playoffs.

FlashBolt
12-15-2017, 03:50 PM
It was disgusting. No excuses (although there's a real belief out there held by a lot of folks that Harden suffered a concussion on a Gasol elbow late in Game 5). But nobody was picking Houston to win that series going in, and they still would have had to win Game 7 in San Antonio.

I don't buy that concussion. Wouldn't he have to go through the doctors? I saw the same Harden that choked when he was in OKC. It was reminiscent of that except, this time, he was their superstar. I'm pretty sure people were waiting for a game 7. You would think Spurs sitting Kawhi was basically them trying to give Kawhi 2-3 extra days of rest and taking their chances to game 7.

The word "choke" gets thrown around too much.

One team played like **** and got absolutely worn out. No excuses, they lost.

BUT "ALWAYS CHOKE IN PLAYOFFS" is not how I'd describe it.

Otherwise, Celtics choked in playoffs last year too being the 1 seed. It's hypocritical and narrative based to bash the Rockets yet give Celtics a pass for losing in playoffs.

So what do you call James Harden's performance? Was he not your choice for MVP? When you have that bad of a game, it is a choke-job and that was worse than anything I've seen from even LeBron at 2011. This was Houston's opportunity to get practically a free win without Kawhi and they got smoked by 35. Harden was the leader so if he can't get his team going and can't do it himself, he really didn't perform the way he should. Celtics didn't choke. They were just beaten by a clear better team. Their #1 seed was a sham the entire season and everyone knew it. Some say Cavs purposely lost it because they wanted to avoid the Wizards. Anyhow, it wasn't like LeBron was injured. Kawhi was. You guys had a chance.

Htownballa1622
12-15-2017, 04:47 PM
I don't buy that concussion. Wouldn't he have to go through the doctors? I saw the same Harden that choked when he was in OKC. It was reminiscent of that except, this time, he was their superstar. I'm pretty sure people were waiting for a game 7. You would think Spurs sitting Kawhi was basically them trying to give Kawhi 2-3 extra days of rest and taking their chances to game 7.

So what do you call James Harden's performance? Was he not your choice for MVP? When you have that bad of a game, it is a choke-job and that was worse than anything I've seen from even LeBron at 2011. This was Houston's opportunity to get practically a free win without Kawhi and they got smoked by 35. Harden was the leader so if he can't get his team going and can't do it himself, he really didn't perform the way he should. Celtics didn't choke. They were just beaten by a clear better team. Their #1 seed was a sham the entire season and everyone knew it. Some say Cavs purposely lost it because they wanted to avoid the Wizards. Anyhow, it wasn't like LeBron was injured. Kawhi was. You guys had a chance.

I'd argue 2011 for Lebron was worse. He just completely disappeared. Harden played but he looked dazed and confused. (concussion maybe?)

Harden's performance was trash and the team goes as he does because he's the engine but I don't think CHOKE is the word to describe the Rockets losing to a team with a better record and higher seed.

Vee-Rex
12-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Rockets win games 1 and 2, Celtics win game 3, Rockets win 4 and 5.

FlashBolt
12-15-2017, 04:55 PM
I'd argue 2011 for Lebron was worse. He just completely disappeared. Harden played but he looked dazed and confused. (concussion maybe?)

Harden's performance was trash and the team goes as he does because he's the engine but I don't think CHOKE is the word to describe the Rockets losing to a team with a better record and higher seed.

Man, you are such a homer. Spurs were without their best player and you guys lost by 35. If that isn't a choke when Harden scores like ten points, idk what your excuse is. Sorry bud, you are a top five homer in this site.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2017, 05:09 PM
the C's have excellent perimeter defenders, which would help, but I think the Rockets win in 6. They have too much firepower, they have an underrated defense, and I just think they are a flat out better team.

Htownballa1622
12-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Man, you are such a homer. Spurs were without their best player and you guys lost by 35. If that isn't a choke when Harden scores like ten points, idk what your excuse is. Sorry bud, you are a top five homer in this site.

lol. News to me.

I acknowledge that it was a **** game but color me surprised that getting blown out in one game is all of a sudden a choke job. I guess I just think there's more nuance to it then "HE SUCKED SO HE CHOKED!"

Context matters.

europagnpilgrim
12-15-2017, 05:51 PM

I think Harden injured his wrist worse than he let on during like last week of reg. season and played with it entire playoffs, not making excuses for his piss poor no show in that game they lost by it seemed like 50 but that may have something to do with his lack of shooting, and from the games I watched it was like watching Iverson but in a better system, it was Harden or bust

CP3 fixes that this year for sure, Harden will not flame out like that this time around, he may go 6-25 but at least it wont be like taking 10 total shots in a win or go home game, that was crazy

Bulls had C's on the ropes but I wouldn't have called it a choke job because they were like a surprise team pretty much who overachieved pretty much, biggest joke of a 1 seed since Iverson 01 Sixers

Harden played through his injury/pain so you would have to give him props for that

europagnpilgrim
12-15-2017, 05:59 PM
lol. News to me.

I acknowledge that it was a **** game but color me surprised that getting blown out in one game is all of a sudden a choke job. I guess I just think there's more nuance to it then "HE SUCKED SO HE CHOKED!"

Context matters.

it reminds me of the fake experts who said K Malone choked in the Finals and I am like damn dude played in back to back Finals but somehow managed not to choke those first 3 rounds to get there

people put too much emphasis on one game or just for the postseason for that matter, out of 82 games I am pretty sure a player will miss a game winner or something that is not clutch and there ''choking'' but when it comes to the playoffs it is more looked at closely because your season ends, the games are all the same, its just called regular season to post season and you see the opponent for a possible 7 in a row instead of it being scattered throughout a longer schedule of 82 games, its easier to game plan/contain players that way

its a reason why Lebron destroyed all competiton leading up to that 11' Finals vs Mavs then went into a shell like he never had stepped foot on a court before, its called having bad games, though I must admit I think Lebron froze himself out that series, not on his own merit but from the powers that be in the front office and the reason I say that is because there is no way you can destroy the playoffs like Lebron did in first 3 rounds only to go in self check mode for all the chips on the table, then next year look like your old self in 12' Finals

FlashBolt
12-15-2017, 06:09 PM
lol. News to me.

Context matters.

Getting blown out of the game doesn't excuse Harden's performance. If it wasn't a choke, he sure has a lot of bad games for an MVP caliber player. Just saying, plenty of NBA players would get killed for losing to a team that doesn't have their best player while you're at home. And scoring only 10 points? C'mon.

Htownballa1622
12-15-2017, 06:11 PM
it reminds me of the fake experts who said K Malone choked in the Finals and I am like damn dude played in back to back Finals but somehow managed not to choke those first 3 rounds to get there

people put too much emphasis on one game or just for the postseason for that matter, out of 82 games I am pretty sure a player will miss a game winner or something that is not clutch and there ''choking'' but when it comes to the playoffs it is more looked at closely because your season ends, the games are all the same, its just called regular season to post season and you see the opponent for a possible 7 in a row instead of it being scattered throughout a longer schedule of 82 games, its easier to game plan/contain players that way

its a reason why Lebron destroyed all competiton leading up to that 11' Finals vs Mavs then went into a shell like he never had stepped foot on a court before, its called having bad games, though I must admit I think Lebron froze himself out that series, not on his own merit but from the powers that be in the front office and the reason I say that is because there is no way you can destroy the playoffs like Lebron did in first 3 rounds only to go in self check mode for all the chips on the table, then next year look like your old self in 12' Finals

I could not agree any more with you.

That's the thing. I think context matters. No one is excusing Harden. I just think the word "choke" gets thrown around way too much.

One could say Kawhi choked at free throw line in 2013 to ice finals and then lose ( I wouldn't)but then he bounced back in 2014 to spank Heat so I don't think we even think of him as "choking."

ESPN and national media likes to dictate who's a choker/etc and drive that narrative and then people spew the same regurgitated lines without thinking for themselves.

Htownballa1622
12-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Getting blown out of the game doesn't excuse Harden's performance. If it wasn't a choke, he sure has a lot of bad games for an MVP caliber player. Just saying, plenty of NBA players would get killed for losing to a team that doesn't have their best player while you're at home. And scoring only 10 points? C'mon.

Again, I AGREE with everything you said. Doesn't mean he's a "choker" it just means that the playoffs can expose someone especially a team led by ONE main ball handler/creator.

Westbrook bricked up 4th quarters last playoffs but he kept shooting so we don't think of it as a "choke."
Both he and Harden played horrific but the label gets put on 1 of them. See how that works?

FlashBolt
12-15-2017, 06:16 PM
I could not agree any more with you.

That's the thing. I think context matters. No one is excusing Harden. I just think the word "choke" gets thrown around way too much.

One could say Kawhi choked at free throw line in 2013 to ice finals and then lose ( I wouldn't)but then he bounced back in 2014 to spank Heat so I don't think we even think of him as "choking."

ESPN and national media likes to dictate who's a choker/etc and drive that narrative and then people spew the same regurgitated lines without thinking for themselves.

I define choke as playing out of the ordinary. I've gotten that feeling from Harden a bunch of times. I mean, bad games happen but some of the games he's been a part of just makes me wonder if he wants to even be there. It's not like it happens once or twice. Kawhi missing that FT was by percentage. Harden disappearing in the 2011 Finals was a choke. Also, 2014, Harden shoots below 20% for two games. One game he had 12 turnovers. He is a repeater of bad playoffs games.

FlashBolt
12-15-2017, 06:18 PM
Again, I AGREE with everything you said. Doesn't mean he's a "choker" it just means that the playoffs can expose someone especially a team led by ONE main ball handler/creator.

Westbrook bricked up 4th quarters last playoffs but he kept shooting so we don't think of it as a "choke."
Both he and Harden played horrific but the label gets put on 1 of them. See how that works?

While I do agree with Russ playing bad, he has an excuse: He's a knucklehead of a player who plays like that ALL the time. Harden doesn't. He's a smarter player who is more efficient with his shots more often than not. For Russ to take stupid shot after stupid shot while playing super reckless, that's how he usually plays. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Htownballa1622
12-15-2017, 06:20 PM
I define choke as playing out of the ordinary. I've gotten that feeling from Harden a bunch of times. I mean, bad games happen but some of the games he's been a part of just makes me wonder if he wants to even be there. It's not like it happens once or twice. Kawhi missing that FT was by percentage. Harden disappearing in the 2011 Finals was a choke. Also, 2014, Harden shoots below 20% for two games. One game he had 12 turnovers. He is a repeater of bad playoffs games.

Repeater of bad playoff games not = choker.

Playoffs is where teams game plan.

Rockets have notoriously not had any other creators for the large part of their playoff history with Harden.
He has bad games but he also has good games. What series besides the Blazers series were the Rockets favored and lost?

Jamiecballer
12-15-2017, 06:35 PM
I think the rockets are the superior team here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
12-15-2017, 07:01 PM
the C's have excellent perimeter defenders, which would help, but I think the Rockets win in 6. They have too much firepower, they have an underrated defense, and I just think they are a flat out better team.

This x2.

Bostonjorge
12-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Popovich owns DíAntoni and Stevens is a Pop clone. Boston has the players to out run the Rockets and beat them at their own game. Boston can even go small with Tatum at 4 with smart in the game. Let Smart and Brown beat up Harden. Rockets canít make Boston pay for going small.

rhino17
12-15-2017, 08:55 PM
Popovich owns DíAntoni and Stevens is a Pop clone. Boston has the players to out run the Rockets and beat them at their own game. Boston can even go small with Tatum at 4 with smart in the game. Let Smart and Brown beat up Harden. Rockets canít make Boston pay for going small.

Capela lobs all day?

Bostonjorge
12-15-2017, 10:44 PM
Capela lobs all day?

Capela has stepped up his game no doubt. Now in that same time frame Horford has become a elite defensive anchor. Capela wonít stand a chance.

ewing
12-15-2017, 10:54 PM
I think the Rockets are the better team and would win a series but it close enough where a nuclear explosion by Irving could swing things

LaVar Ball
12-15-2017, 11:18 PM
I voted for Celtics because the Rockets always seem to choke in the playoffs
The Rockets now have Chris Pa..

Nvm

rhino17
12-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Capela has stepped up his game no doubt. Now in that same time frame Horford has become a elite defensive anchor. Capela wonít stand a chance.

You said smallball lineup. I assumed you meant a lineup without a center

mightybosstone
12-15-2017, 11:31 PM
Tonight, Boston couldn't put up enough points to avoid a double digit loss at home to the offensively deficient Jazz. The Rockets are about to put up 60+ in the first half against the Spurs. You really think Boston can keep up with them over seven games? Not a chance.

Bostonjorge
12-15-2017, 11:33 PM
You said smallball lineup. I assumed you meant a lineup without a center

I meant they can get away with playing Tatum at the 4.

mightybosstone
12-15-2017, 11:37 PM

The Rockets can go small ball with anyone in the league. Tucker and Mbah a Moute gave them that versatility.

BoSox47
12-15-2017, 11:59 PM
If the celtics had a healthy Hayward, I would say Celtics. With hayward injured, Rockets.

rhino17
12-16-2017, 12:00 AM

thats pretty much how everyone plays, I'm not worried

The Rockets can go small ball with anyone in the league. Tucker and Mbah a Moute gave them that versatility.

exactly. They can play any small ball lineup with or without a center. Capela can switch on to almost any perimeter player in the league. Or they can play with no center at all, just 5 shooters

LOb0
12-16-2017, 01:36 AM
I have zero faith in Harden/D'antoni. Till I am proved other wise I'd take Stevens and Kyrie. I know Stevens is new but at least he coaches something resembling defense. He'd eat D'antoni alive.

Rockets would seriously benefit from Bradley being gone or Harden would've been in deep ***** over 7 games.

zn23
12-16-2017, 02:43 AM
Rockets are absolutely loaded. With a healthy CP3 running D'antoni's 7 second or less offense with the 2nd unit, they'd wipe the floor with Celtics. 5 game series at best.

PAOboston
12-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Even as a Cs fan, I will say I do not think the C's are a great team (at least this year). They get great results but I chalk that up mostly to Stevens getting every ounce of talent/effort from his roster rather than they being a super power team.

The C's are flawed and inexperienced. They have 7 rookies on the roster and outside of Horford/Morris/Baynes, everyone else is 25 years old or under. You have started to see cracks over the past few weeks with inconsistency etc (to be expected of a young team). Injuries and a brutal schedule haven't helped but I didn't think it was ever realistic to include the C's in the upper echelon conversation yet.

The Rockets would likely beat the C's in 4 or 5 games in a series I think, at least this year. Next year might be a different story with a healthy Hayward and another year of development for Brown/Tatum. Just not there yet this year and I think their early hot start might have increased the expectations in what was supposed to be a bridge season.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Green_Monster
12-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Tonight, Boston couldn't put up enough points to avoid a double digit loss at home to the offensively deficient Jazz. The Rockets are about to put up 60+ in the first half against the Spurs. You really think Boston can keep up with them over seven games? Not a chance.

I mean... every team has bad games. The Celtics didnít have a single bounce go their way last night.

At one point, they were so injured they had four guys 6í4Ē or smaller on the court and a 6í7Ē ďcenterĒ. They still played bad but every team has bad games.

WaDe03
12-16-2017, 02:03 PM
The Rockets would **** up the Celtics. Especially now that CP3 has found his stride. Harden and CP3 are much better than anything the Celtics have. Imo if you want to beat the Rockets you have to have more star power because their play style will just **** you up. The only 2 teams that could beat them are the Cavs and Warriors. MAYBE the Spurs if Kawhi can outperform Harden and CP3. OKC wouldn't stand a chance because they just don't mesh well and have terrible depth.

WaDe03
12-16-2017, 02:05 PM
I have zero faith in Harden/D'antoni. Till I am proved other wise I'd take Stevens and Kyrie. I know Stevens is new but at least he coaches something resembling defense. He'd eat D'antoni alive.

Rockets would seriously benefit from Bradley being gone or Harden would've been in deep ***** over 7 games.

You all point to Harden CP3 and Mike in the playoffs like 2 of them haven't been to the conference finals and like you all aren't relying on a ton of young players. 3 or more rookies.

On the Avery Bradley part, I was told by many Celtics fans that they don't miss him at all because Smart is a better defender and because Tatum is already better than Bradley has ever been (Neither are true).

Toxeryll
12-16-2017, 03:00 PM
At full strength, I think HOU takes it in 5 or 6 games.

FlashBolt
12-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Celtics starting to unravel lately. Don't see them keeping up their record.

Green_Monster
12-16-2017, 03:43 PM
You all point to Harden CP3 and Mike in the playoffs like 2 of them haven't been to the conference finals and like you all aren't relying on a ton of young players. 3 or more rookies.

On the Avery Bradley part, I was told by many Celtics fans that they don't miss him at all because Smart is a better defender and because Tatum is already better than Bradley has ever been (Neither are true).

Statistically, Tatum has been better this year than Bradley has ever been. Thatís a fact.

WaDe03
12-16-2017, 05:45 PM
Statistically, Tatum has been better this year than Bradley has ever been. Thatís a fact.

He's not near the defender Bradley is and I don't give a damn what stat you try to throw out.

LOb0
12-16-2017, 06:22 PM

It comes down to having more faith in Kyrie/Brad than Harden/D'antoni.

I don't agree with them at all. Bradley was a top tier lock down defender.

mightybosstone
12-16-2017, 07:30 PM
It comes down to having more faith in Kyrie/Brad than Harden/D'antoni.

I don't agree with them at all. Bradley was a top tier lock down defender.

Rockets are winning this poll 16-2, and you're one of the two. Sooooo..... :shrug:

LOb0
12-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Rockets are winning this poll 16-2, and you're one of the two. Sooooo..... :shrug:

My track record with going against the grain is pretty good. Going to be great when Houston flames out against SA in round two.

Htownballa1622
12-17-2017, 05:48 AM
My track record with going against the grain is pretty good. Going to be great when Houston flames out against SA in round two.

You'd be lucky to get out of round 1 in the West.

Gonna be great when LeBron sons yall, again.

sagemania
12-17-2017, 10:15 AM
Simply put Houston is the better team overall. Rockets in 6

mightybosstone
12-17-2017, 10:42 AM

Care to make a sig bet on that?

ewing
12-17-2017, 11:02 AM
Celtics in 7. Irving drops 46 in the deciding game while Harden turns it over 13 times

LOb0
12-17-2017, 11:11 AM
Celtics in 7. Irving drops 46 in the deciding game while Harden turns it over 13 times

Post game: D'antoni, I didn't think defense on Kyrie was the problem.

ewing
12-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Post game: D'antoni, I didn't think defense on Kyrie was the problem.

:laugh:

Mell413
12-17-2017, 11:18 AM
The Rockets defense looks legit so far. Their offense is still elite. Houston can go small with anyone. I know Harden and Paul have had their faults in the playoffs, but that's not enough to convince me Boston could win.

WaDe03
12-17-2017, 01:26 PM
You all are acting like Brad Stevens has won more than 2 playoff series in his career.

IKnowHoops
12-17-2017, 01:44 PM
With or without Hayward it is Rockets in 5/6 with a sweep more likely than it going 7. They are on a far different level than Boston (who are a very, very good team). Only team that can **** with Houston on an equal playing field is Cleveland at full strength and the only team better is Golden State.

This

Scoots
12-17-2017, 02:44 PM
The Rockets defense looks legit so far. Their offense is still elite. Houston can go small with anyone. I know Harden and Paul have had their faults in the playoffs, but that's not enough to convince me Boston could win.

I'm not sold on their D yet, but clearly far better than it was.

Bostonjorge
12-17-2017, 05:03 PM
If they played a 7 game season series then Rockets win. If itís a 7 game playoffs series then Boston wins easily.

Htownballa1622
12-17-2017, 09:10 PM
If they played a 7 game season series then Rockets win. If itís a 7 game playoffs series then Boston wins easily.

This.Makes.No.Sense.

Bostonjorge
12-17-2017, 09:49 PM
This.Makes.No.Sense.

Season series goes to Rockets.

Playoffs series goes to Boston by massacre.

Htownballa1622
12-17-2017, 09:54 PM

Again.

Makes zero sense.

Massacre is funny too btw.

JordansBulls
12-17-2017, 10:45 PM
The Rockets for sure. They have the best player in the league.

WaDe03
12-17-2017, 11:50 PM
Again.

Makes zero sense.

Massacre is funny too btw.

They're dogging on Harden Paul and Mike somehow joking when they've been in a much harder conference until this year and Harden and Mike have both made the CF. They're not even acknowledging they're relying on Tatum Brown Theis and the other young rookie to play huge roles in the playoffs, Stevens only winning 2 playoff series in his career, and not having any clue what Kyrie can do as the main guy in the playoffs because we've never seen it. I will say the Cavs looked real bad in the finals last year when LeBron was on the bench and Kyrie was running the show.

mightybosstone
12-18-2017, 12:09 AM

Again, I'll refer you Celtics fans to the poll, which has the Rockets leading 19-2 (and the Rockets are hardly a fan favorite on PSD). I get you guys wanting to stick up for your team. I do. And they are a damn fine basketball, but anyone who has watched these two squads this season could tell you that the Rockets are simply superior.

Would Kyrie's postseason experience give him an edge over Harden in the playoffs? It's certainly possible. But the Rockets have two superstars now, not one. And they're a much deeper, more more talented team offensively than Boston is. The Celtics' defense would wear down the Rockets in a couple of games, and Kyrie would probably single-handedly defeat Houston once. But in the playoffs, difference in talent usually plays out in the NBA.

Also, pro tip, but if you want to seem like less of a homer, maybe don't say completely ridiculous things like how your team would "massacre" a team that's clearly better on paper than yours is. You could make a strong case for the Celtics in a series against the Rockets, but not only are you not making it, but your over-the-top take makes you seem like either a total troll or completely ignorant.

LOb0
12-18-2017, 12:53 AM
They're dogging on Harden Paul and Mike somehow joking when they've been in a much harder conference until this year and Harden and Mike have both made the CF. They're not even acknowledging they're relying on Tatum Brown Theis and the other young rookie to play huge roles in the playoffs, Stevens only winning 2 playoff series in his career, and not having any clue what Kyrie can do as the main guy in the playoffs because we've never seen it. I will say the Cavs looked real bad in the finals last year when LeBron was on the bench and Kyrie was running the show.

You're forgetting the refs not going for Harden and CP3s flopping for calls come playoff time.

LOb0
12-18-2017, 12:54 AM
Again, I'll refer you Celtics fans to the poll, which has the Rockets leading 19-2 (and the Rockets are hardly a fan favorite on PSD). I get you guys wanting to stick up for your team. I do. And they are a damn fine basketball, but anyone who has watched these two squads this season could tell you that the Rockets are simply superior.

Would Kyrie's postseason experience give him an edge over Harden in the playoffs? It's certainly possible. But the Rockets have two superstars now, not one. And they're a much deeper, more more talented team offensively than Boston is. The Celtics' defense would wear down the Rockets in a couple of games, and Kyrie would probably single-handedly defeat Houston once. But in the playoffs, difference in talent usually plays out in the NBA.

Also, pro tip, but if you want to seem like less of a homer, maybe don't say completely ridiculous things like how your team would "massacre" a team that's clearly better on paper than yours is. You could make a strong case for the Celtics in a series against the Rockets, but not only are you not making it, but your over-the-top take makes you seem like either a total troll or completely ignorant.

I'm a very realistic fan. I'm more saying the Rockets are phony than I'm saying the Celtics are good.

Chronz
12-18-2017, 03:50 AM
You're forgetting the refs not going for Harden and CP3s flopping for calls come playoff time.

Refs allow more physicality, it actually benefits cp3 game if you paid attention. He's gonna lock up kyrie without bron

D-Leethal
12-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Rockets by murder.

Mr.ATLHawks
12-18-2017, 11:20 AM

Lakers got blasted in Game 6 in 2008 Finals...131-92, and blew a 24 point lead after halftime in Game 4, but nobody says Kobe chocked. In fact they call him Mr Clutch.

WaDe03
12-18-2017, 11:28 AM

Doesn't matter, Harden is far better than anyone on the Celtics and CP3 is also better than anyone. Their role players are going to go nuts from 3 while Harden and CP3 **** you up the whole time and throw lobs to Capela.

Not that this really matters anyways. Everyone knows the Rockets win but it's going to be the Cavs out of the East for sure.

LOb0
12-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Refs allow more physicality, it actually benefits cp3 game if you paid attention. He's gonna lock up kyrie without bron

Lol yeah alright. My concern level is so high for old man CP3 locking down the guy with the best handles in the league.

LOb0
12-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Doesn't matter, Harden is far better than anyone on the Celtics and CP3 is also better than anyone. Their role players are going to go nuts from 3 while Harden and CP3 **** you up the whole time and throw lobs to Capela.

Not that this really matters anyways. Everyone knows the Rockets win but it's going to be the Cavs out of the East for sure.

I'll take Kyrie over Harden any day come playoff time.

Harden is the worst playoff choker in NBA history.

mightybosstone
12-18-2017, 01:53 PM

You either have a very short memory or a piss poor knowledge of the NBA.

mightybosstone
12-18-2017, 02:00 PM

Paul is only going to the free throw line 3.2 times per game this season, so I kinda doubt that any perceived "flopping" will have a tremendous impact one way or the other in the playoffs. Also, Harden is averaging the fewest FTA per game (9.5) since the 2013-14 season, so even he's getting to the line a lot less this year.

WaDe03
12-18-2017, 02:35 PM

You wouldn't be talking about Kyrie this crazy if he was still on the Cavs.

FlashBolt
12-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Lakers got blasted in Game 6 in 2008 Finals...131-92, and blew a 24 point lead after halftime in Game 4, but nobody says Kobe chocked. In fact they call him Mr Clutch.

I've never said Kobe was clutch but Kobe had rings so the media never hated him for winning. Harden has zero and no one forgets the absolute disappearance he had in 2012 Finals and some really horrific games that were just unimaginably poor from a player of Harden's caliber. I can show you five really bad games the past five seasons. And I mean REAL bad.

lol, please
12-18-2017, 08:05 PM
You wouldn't be talking about Kyrie this crazy if he was still on the Cavs.Same goes for you talking up Harden and putting down Kyrie a few posts prior to this one lol, if Kyrie was still on the Cavaliers, AND/OR if Wade wasn't on the Cavaliers.

:laugh2:

Smh

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

WaDe03
12-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Same goes for you talking up Harden and putting down Kyrie a few posts prior to this one lol, if Kyrie was still on the Cavaliers, AND/OR if Wade wasn't on the Cavaliers.

:laugh2:

Smh

No I would still say Harden because he's far better than Harden. I mean **** KD, he's the softest superstar in sports history but he's still the 2nd best player in the world behind LeBron.

WaDe03
12-18-2017, 09:10 PM
And quit talking to me like you used to not be a Lakers fan!

lol, please
12-18-2017, 10:16 PM
No I would still say Harden because he's far better than Harden. I mean **** KD, he's the softest superstar in sports history but he's still the 2nd best player in the world behind LeBron.That may be true but I bet if Kyrie was on the same team as LeBron and Wade, you'd find a way to hype him up more etc, which was more or less my point lol.

sagemania
12-20-2017, 03:21 AM
i'll take kyrie over harden any day come playoff time.

Harden is the worst playoff choker in nba history.

hahahaha no sane objective individual would do this

cmellofan15
12-20-2017, 07:25 AM
No I would still say Harden because he's far better than Harden. I mean **** KD, he's the softest superstar in sports history but he's still the 2nd best player in the world behind LeBron.

Kyrie is way better than Harden?....at what exactly?

If Kyrie went to Houston he would effectively be the third best player.

WaDe03
12-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Kyrie is way better than Harden?....at what exactly?

If Kyrie went to Houston he would effectively be the third best player.

I ****ed up and said Harden twice. I agree, Harden is much better than Kyrie. It's not even a debate.

lol, please
12-20-2017, 11:52 AM
I love how when Kyrie was on the Cavaliers, the narrative on here was he was possibly better than Curry.

Now, he's significantly worse than Harden and Paul.

:rolleyes:

WaDe03
12-20-2017, 12:01 PM
I love how when Kyrie was on the Cavaliers, the narrative on here was he was possibly better than Curry.

You've never seen me say he was near Curry.

KnicksorBust
12-20-2017, 12:20 PM

Find me 3 posters that said that and I will ban myself for 2 weeks.

KnicksorBust
12-20-2017, 12:23 PM
If Hayward is healthy and fully integrated in the system then I would feel pretty confident betting on Boston. As currently constructed it's tough. I'm on the record as being low on the Rockets. I see them as the 5th or so most likely team to win a title:

Warriors
Cavs
Celtics
Spurs
Rockets

homie564
12-20-2017, 12:35 PM
I donít think anyone said Kyrie was better than Harden did they? I think the point was that come playoff time, theyíd take Kyrie over Harden... thatís a completely different animal lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
12-20-2017, 01:30 PM
If Hayward is healthy and fully integrated in the system then I would feel pretty confident betting on Boston. As currently constructed it's tough. I'm on the record as being low on the Rockets. I see them as the 5th or so most likely team to win a title:

Warriors
Cavs
Celtics
Spurs
Rockets

This is insane to me. For shame, KoB. :pity:

Care to sig bet on the Rockets getting further in the playoffs than the Spurs?

Chronz
12-20-2017, 02:22 PM

it's always been the literal opposite of that opinion, as it should be

Chronz
12-20-2017, 02:24 PM
I donít think anyone said Kyrie was better than Harden did they? I think the point was that come playoff time, theyíd take Kyrie over Harden... thatís a completely different animal lol...

Agreed, and even then kyrie has a lot left to prove

KnicksorBust
12-20-2017, 08:50 PM

Warriors
Cavs
Celtics
Spurs
Rockets

This is insane to me. For shame, KoB. :pity:

Care to sig bet on the Rockets getting further in the playoffs than the Spurs?

No, because the Spurs might have to play the Warriors in an earlier round. :)

lol, please
12-20-2017, 09:04 PM
You've never seen me say he was near Curry.Of course it want you, Wade was with the Heat at the time

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

lol, please
12-20-2017, 09:07 PM

Find me 3 posters that said that and I will ban myself for 2 weeks.As soon as the mods fix the search feature I'll do so.

KnicksorBust
12-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Find me 3 posters that said that and I will ban myself for 2 weeks.As soon as the mods fix the search feature I'll do so.

:rolleyes: always an excuse ready for a trollling post.

lol, please
12-20-2017, 09:36 PM
:rolleyes: always an excuse ready for a trollling post.No I'm dead serious. I've PM'd mods several times this year about the pending issue, really nothing to do with this topic lol.

I've got a list of stuff I want to revisit just waiting on that feature.

If you see it working PM me and I'll get right on it.

Vee-Rex
12-20-2017, 11:05 PM

Find me 3 posters that said that and I will ban myself for 2 weeks.

There was a little noise about Kyrie possibly being better than Curry back in like 2012 (while Steph was injured), but that's it.

lol, please
12-21-2017, 12:11 AM
There was a little noise about Kyrie possibly being better than Curry back in like 2012 (while Steph was injured), but that's it.Came to say I was happy you came around to admit Curry was injured in the finals, then I saw the year...

FlashBolt
12-21-2017, 11:00 PM

I'd still take Harden. Kyrie is great at what he does scoring the ball but we've only seen him do it when paired with LeBron. That is a completely different scenario than what Harden has had to do in leading a team. And coaches have more difficulty planning to stop Harden than Kyrie.

lol, please
12-22-2017, 06:39 PM
I'd still take Harden. Kyrie is great at what he does scoring the ball but we've only seen him do it when paired with LeBron. That is a completely different scenario than what Harden has had to do in leading a team. And coaches have more difficulty planning to stop Harden than Kyrie.Is it really that different though? Kyrie was leading those Cavaliers teams, not LeBron. And LeBron wasn't pulling defenders the way Curry was, Kyrie wasn't solely successful because LeBron was on the floor. I don't think him being removed from that team means we don't see the same Kyrie in the playoffs.

WaDe03
12-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Is it really that different though? Kyrie was leading those Cavaliers teams, not LeBron. And LeBron wasn't pulling defenders the way Curry was, Kyrie wasn't solely successful because LeBron was on the floor. I don't think him being removed from that team means we don't see the same Kyrie in the playoffs.

Stop the nonsense. The Cavs were garbage when LeBron was off the floor and that includes when Kyrie was in. LeBron has been the leader of every team he's ever been on that didn't include Wade.

FlashBolt
12-22-2017, 06:51 PM
Stop the nonsense. The Cavs were garbage when LeBron was off the floor and that includes when Kyrie was in. LeBron has been the leader of every team he's ever been on that didn't include Wade.

Great post. Well said. Agreed A+ 100%.

Bostonjorge
12-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Tomorrow we find out

Htownballa1622
12-28-2017, 03:19 PM
Tomorrow we find out

Yeah with 3 of our players out the rotation in cp3, capela, and mbah moute. :rolleyes:

Bostonjorge
12-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Yeah with 3 of our players out the rotation in cp3, capela, and mbah moute. :rolleyes:

No Brown and no Hayward

ewing
12-28-2017, 05:59 PM
Came to say I was happy you came around to admit Curry was injured in the finals, then I saw the year...

hangnail right?

Htownballa1622
12-28-2017, 06:27 PM
No Brown and no Hayward

Oh yeah. Brown is definitely equal to cp3 or capela.

lol, please
12-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Oh yeah. Brown is definitely equal to cp3 or capela.No excuses tonight dude, the Warriors have been playing without Curry. Championship contenders have to find a way to get it done.

Htownballa1622
12-28-2017, 08:02 PM
No excuses tonight dude, the Warriors have been playing without Curry. Championship contenders have to find a way to get it done.

And? Warriors could play without curry or Durant and probably still win it all.

Thank Durant for being a ***** and making the league off balance.

BoSox47
12-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Tomorrow we find out

Houston has CP3 and Capela out. Boston has Hayward, Brown and ojeleye out. Also with Marcus Morris on a less than 20 minutes restriction due to injury. Hardly representative of what both teams can offer when fully healthy.

lol, please
12-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Houston has CP3 and Capela out. Boston has Hayward, Brown and ojeleye out. Also with Marcus Morris on a less than 20 minutes restriction due to injury. Hardly representative of what both teams can offer when fully healthy.Disagree here, it will be very telling. We still get to see the other role players and how the coaching will make adjustments.

WaDe03
12-28-2017, 10:15 PM
Tried to tell y'all the Rockets would destroy the Celtics. They have way too much firepower for the Celtics who struggle to score. You can only beat the Rockets with more star power or a flawless system. The only teams with either are the Cavs, Spurs, Thunder, and Warriors.

kdspurman
12-28-2017, 11:11 PM
Tried to tell y'all the Rockets would destroy the Celtics. They have way too much firepower for the Celtics who struggle to score. You can only beat the Rockets with more star power or a flawless system. The only teams with either are the Cavs, Spurs, Thunder, and Warriors.

4 point game now :hide:

Scoots
12-28-2017, 11:45 PM

Uh ..... ?

WaDe03
12-28-2017, 11:47 PM
Uh ..... ?

The guys who were out cover the weaknesses of the 2nd half. The Rockets let up and let them back in.

Bostonjorge
12-29-2017, 12:18 AM
Smart is the Harden stopper

lol, please
12-29-2017, 12:22 AM
Smart is the Harden stopper:faint:

LOb0
12-29-2017, 01:33 AM
Lol Phony *** Rockets.

LOb0
12-29-2017, 01:37 AM

Looool.

Rockets fans. Save yourself now and get off the Rockets bandwagon. It will be less painful when it collapses. This group is just going to leave you feeling heartbroken.

Kyben36
12-29-2017, 04:06 AM
boston healthy. Rockets now.

c.c.
12-29-2017, 07:28 AM
Rockets not healthy though, we missing three key players. Chris Paul, Capela, and Luc Mbah a Moute was out.

Sixers3Fan
12-29-2017, 08:04 AM
Rockets not healthy though, we missing three key players. Chris Paul, Capela, and Luc Mbah a Moute was out.

Collapse

ewing
12-29-2017, 08:45 AM

[emoji106]

WaDe03
12-29-2017, 10:38 AM
[emoji106]

So we're going to act like my account wasn't hacked?! I need the mods to look into this!

lol, please
12-29-2017, 01:26 PM
So we're going to act like my account wasn't hacked?! I need the mods to look into this!LOL stop dude, you came in here thinking the game was over in the second quarter, own it and eat that crow homie

Scoots
12-29-2017, 03:11 PM
I don't get how Celtics fans think that game showed that their team is great? The Celtics AND the Rockets looked terrible in that game.

Vee-Rex
12-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Celtics Rockets new rivalry? Maybe they'll be in the finals?

Vee-Rex
12-29-2017, 03:50 PM
So we're going to act like my account wasn't hacked?! I need the mods to look into this!

I believe you. Stuff like that happens all the time.

LOb0
12-29-2017, 04:16 PM
I don't get how Celtics fans think that game showed that their team is great? The Celtics AND the Rockets looked terrible in that game.

We don't. We feel it shows the Rockets are the same old choke artists.

zn23
12-29-2017, 04:44 PM
The refs ruined the Celtics-Rockets game.

Smart clearly flopped and they called an offensive foul on Harden. You can't make that call at the end of the game. That ended up deciding the game.

C-ross12
12-29-2017, 05:09 PM

Smart clearly flopped and they called an offensive foul on Harden. You can't make that call at the end of the game. That ended up deciding the game.

They looked liked offensive fouls to me. Seemed like Smart was in Hardens head.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-29-2017, 06:17 PM
boston healthy. Rockets now.

The Celtics were without Brown (and Hayward, technically) last night.

Saddletramp
12-29-2017, 06:22 PM
The Celtics were without Brown (and Hayward, technically) last night.

And the Rockets were without Chris Paul, Clint Capella (who's been a monster this year) and Luc Mah Moute (don't sleep on him because since he's been out, the defense has given up an extra 10 points a game).

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-29-2017, 06:25 PM
And the Rockets were without Chris Paul, Clint Capella (who's been a monster this year) and Luc Mah Moute (don't sleep on him because since he's been out, the defense has given up an extra 10 points a game.

i know

WaDe03
12-29-2017, 06:55 PM
I hope Hayward comes back and the Celtics can make it to the ECF so the Cavs can smack the dog **** out of them.

lol, please
12-29-2017, 09:41 PM
I hope Hayward comes back and the Celtics can make it to the ECF so the Cavs can smack the dog **** out of them.LOL @ forgetting about the Raptors

lol, please
12-29-2017, 09:43 PM

Smart clearly flopped and they called an offensive foul on Harden. You can't make that call at the end of the game. That ended up deciding the game.False. The game was decided through the 3rd and 4th quarters.

If the Rockets close out as they should and play as they should through 4, the game isn't that close.

That said, if the Celitcs give a chit for even 12 mins in the first half, the second half goes very differently as well. Hypotheticals, hypotheticals.

WaDe03
12-29-2017, 11:16 PM
LOL @ forgetting about the Raptors

The Raptors will have to get by the Celtics in the 2nd round. Cavs will smack either.

sjbirds
12-29-2017, 11:22 PM
LOL @ forgetting about the Raptors

The Raptors will have to get by the Celtics in the 2nd round. Cavs will smack either.
Hacked again? Haha

WaDe03
12-29-2017, 11:26 PM
Hacked again? Haha

No it's me this time lol! Really need mods to figure out who hacked me though. It was probably lol, please or Giannis94

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2017, 02:51 AM
Houston in 5 maybe 6

lol, please
12-30-2017, 04:43 PM
Houston in 5 maybe 6No respect for a healthy Celtics squad?

:confused:

Hayward should be healthy if this series happens.

Ethermark
01-05-2018, 11:48 PM
Celtics
Harden just use his eye to do the defend

lol, please
01-21-2018, 12:14 AM
After tonight, has anyone who picked the Celtics changed their mind?

LOb0
01-21-2018, 12:15 AM
After tonight, has anyone who picked the Celtics changed their mind?

Until I see these three doing something with playoff pressure, no.

lol, please
01-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Until I see these three doing something with playoff pressure, no.How far do the Rockets have to make to change your mind haha

BKLYNpigeon
01-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Celtics.

Harden and CP3 are pretty bad chokers in the playoffs. They haven't proven anything yet.

GREATNESS ONE
01-21-2018, 11:41 PM
How does this thread have 13pages? they are only going to play twice this year.

Saddletramp
01-22-2018, 12:29 AM
How does this thread have 13pages? they are only going to play twice this year.

Because lol is nothing but a worthless troll. Only way he gets hard these days.

GREATNESS ONE
01-22-2018, 12:49 AM
lolz. Let the kids play.

Saddletramp
01-22-2018, 06:14 AM
lolz. Let the kids play.

I'd rather interact with adults.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 11:34 AM
Celtics.

Harden and CP3 are pretty bad chokers in the playoffs. They haven't proven anything yet.

What has anyone on the Celtics proved?

LOb0
01-22-2018, 12:48 PM

http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Ck4em5QWgAEmc-h.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT8qBd0tFdFV7l0gr6/giphy.gif

Nothing.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 12:54 PM
http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Ck4em5QWgAEmc-h.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT8qBd0tFdFV7l0gr6/giphy.gif

Nothing.

CP3 and Harden can win a ring next to LeBron too. No one on the Celtics has proved **** on their own and Stevens has won like 2 playoff series but you try to **** on Mike lol.

LOb0
01-22-2018, 01:16 PM
CP3 and Harden can win a ring next to LeBron too. No one on the Celtics has proved **** on their own and Stevens has won like 2 playoff series but you try to **** on Mike lol.

lol Bron isn't beating GS without Kyrie, fact. Every end of the playoffs I see Harden he's choked in historic fashion.

Brad never told his players to allow layups to keep the pace up. Also, Brad overachieves where D'antoni does nothing but underachieve.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 01:24 PM
lol Bron isn't beating GS without Kyrie, fact. Every end of the playoffs I see Harden he's choked in historic fashion.

Brad never told his players to allow layups to keep the pace up. Also, Brad overachieves where D'antoni does nothing but underachieve.

How has Brad overachieved? He's won 2 playoff series.

Put this Harden or CP3 on the Cavs in 2016 and they win too.

LOb0
01-22-2018, 01:31 PM
How has Brad overachieved? He's won 2 playoff series.

Put this Harden or CP3 on the Cavs in 2016 and they win too.

lol going back to 2011 Harden is one of the worst playoff chokers in NBA history. No way they win.

I have a lot more respect for CP3, but for you to say they could simply swap out Kyrie for him and beat a 73 win team is a stretch. The Warriors have no answer for guarding Kyrie. Kyrie put up 27 a game and shot 40% from 3 that series, and 41 one game and a game winner. That's a lot CP3 would have to replicate.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 01:51 PM
lol going back to 2011 Harden is one of the worst playoff chokers in NBA history. No way they win.

I have a lot more respect for CP3, but for you to say they could simply swap out Kyrie for him and beat a 73 win team is a stretch. The Warriors have no answer for guarding Kyrie. Kyrie put up 27 a game and shot 40% from 3 that series, and 41 one game and a game winner. That's a lot CP3 would have to replicate.

Looked like they didn't have anything to stop CP3 the other night when they played. Not to mention CP3 is the far better defender and playmaker. Both are better players by a good margin, Harden is on a completely different planet than Kyrie.

So if they lose in the WCF this year did they choke?

KnicksorBust
01-22-2018, 01:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8yCJgsF_4

:laugh: No one outside of the Cavs/Warriors/Spurs has proven more than Kyrie Irving.

LOb0
01-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Looked like they didn't have anything to stop CP3 the other night when they played. Not to mention CP3 is the far better defender and playmaker. Both are better players by a good margin, Harden is on a completely different planet than Kyrie.

So if they lose in the WCF this year did they choke?

Kyrie playoffs >>> Harden Playoffs. CP3 lit them up in a regular season game not remotely the same as a finals game.

No its not a choke if they simply lose in the WCF. It would however be a choke if they blow some lead, or Harden has one of his all-time collapses like he does every post season.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 02:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8yCJgsF_4

:laugh: No one outside of the Cavs/Warriors/Spurs has proven more than Kyrie Irving.

We'll see what he does on his own then.

Htownballa1622
01-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Kyrie playoffs >>> Harden Playoffs. CP3 lit them up in a regular season game not remotely the same as a finals game.

No its not a choke if they simply lose in the WCF. It would however be a choke if they blow some lead, or Harden has one of his all-time collapses like he does every post season.

Where are u getting kyrie being better than harden in playoffs from?

I'm very curious.

I know the narratives because you're spewing it about harden. I just want to hear your evidence.

nastynice
01-22-2018, 03:04 PM
Houston looks good, but hard to say until the playoffs start and we see. As of right now if money was on the line I'd go Boston. They are better built.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 03:31 PM
Houston looks good, but hard to say until the playoffs start and we see. As of right now if money was on the line I'd go Boston. They are better built.

No they're not and it's not even close lol

nastynice
01-22-2018, 04:31 PM
No they're not and it's not even close lol

Yes, defensively superior and much more versatile. Boston digs in on defense. That's more valuable in the playoffs than great shooting, as it can be relied on more consistenty. Houston has the two best players, Boston has the more sound overall playoff squad.

Hard to say without any playoff games under Houston's belt, gotta see how this Paul Harden duo comes together in a tough playoff series

rhino17
01-22-2018, 05:57 PM
Yes, defensively superior and much more versatile. Boston digs in on defense. That's more valuable in the playoffs than great shooting, as it can be relied on more consistenty. Houston has the two best players, Boston has the more sound overall playoff squad.

Hard to say without any playoff games under Houston's belt, gotta see how this Paul Harden duo comes together in a tough playoff series

Houston is 10 players deep and has the 2 best players. Saying Boston is a better built team is ludicrous. Houston has 4 of the 5/6 best players out of both teams, has more depth and as much versatility. Boston's only advantage is coaching.

LOb0
01-22-2018, 06:13 PM
Where are u getting kyrie being better than harden in playoffs from?

I'm very curious.

I know the narratives because you're spewing it about harden. I just want to hear your evidence.

I should just make a thread. His epic choking should be its own topic.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 06:28 PM

Go for it!

Htownballa1622
01-22-2018, 06:42 PM

You should. I'd like to see this "epic choking."

Also, while you're at it, in that thread you should compare Kyrie and Harden's playoff numbers so it can shock you a little bit.

Saddletramp
01-22-2018, 07:29 PM
Harden as The Man takes his team to the playoffs every single year. Kyrie helmed the worst team in the NBA as The Man.

LOb0
01-22-2018, 07:41 PM
You should. I'd like to see this "epic choking."

Also, while you're at it, in that thread you should compare Kyrie and Harden's playoff numbers so it can shock you a little bit.

He doesn't show up when needed. I'll make a detailed choking thread later. Raw numbers are meaningless when he has some of the worst performances in the biggest moments.

Htownballa1622
01-22-2018, 07:46 PM
He doesn't show up when needed. I'll make a detailed choking thread later. Raw numbers are meaningless when he has some of the worst performances in the biggest moments.

k.

Don't gloss over his great performances "in the biggest moments" either.
I feel like you might though.

nastynice
01-22-2018, 07:52 PM
Houston is 10 players deep and has the 2 best players. Saying Boston is a better built team is ludicrous. Houston has 4 of the 5/6 best players out of both teams, has more depth and as much versatility. Boston's only advantage is coaching.

I'd rather have horford, brown, Tatum, Irving, smart on defense than what houston got, plus they play good as a team, better than houston, they can slow down and grind out.

Houston got a higher risk reward thing going on, that's why even last year they woulda at least been given a punchers chance (slim as it may be) against us. Not what I'd bet on in the playoffs, not until I at least see them

rhino17
01-22-2018, 08:29 PM
I'd rather have horford, brown, Tatum, Irving, smart on defense than what houston got, plus they play good as a team, better than houston, they can slow down and grind out.

Houston got a higher risk reward thing going on, that's why even last year they woulda at least been given a punchers chance (slim as it may be) against us. Not what I'd bet on in the playoffs, not until I at least see them

What does better as a team mean? Someone you can't prove or demonstrate? Houston plays fantastic team basketball.

I'll take Harden, Paul, Ego, and Clint over everyone on the Celtics not named Kyrie

And everyone on the Rockets except for Nene can guard 2-4 positions while the Rockets. The narrative that Houston doesn't play defense is perpetuated by people that don't watch or inform themselves about the league

Chronz
01-22-2018, 09:00 PM

They're younger and their players aren't exactly dominant in the playoffs. Team's like Boston don't often beat teams like Houston based on their efficiency and talent but feel free to side with the unknown

king4day
01-22-2018, 09:00 PM
I have Rockets in 6. Even if they play the Cavs I have Rockets in 6.

WaDe03
01-22-2018, 09:33 PM
I have Rockets in 6. Even if they play the Cavs I have Rockets in 6.

I agree with the first part although I think they could do it in 5.

nastynice
01-22-2018, 10:29 PM
What does better as a team mean? Someone you can't prove or demonstrate? Houston plays fantastic team basketball.

I'll take Harden, Paul, Ego, and Clint over everyone on the Celtics not named Kyrie

And everyone on the Rockets except for Nene can guard 2-4 positions while the Rockets. The narrative that Houston doesn't play defense is perpetuated by people that don't watch or inform themselves about the league

Better as a team means their switches are very smooth, each guy knows what his teammate will do so the overall team defense is very solid, players are always in very good position so there aren't as many cracks on defense. If you don't see a clear difference between the way Boston moves on defense vs Houston then I guess we just disagree

I'm not saying Houston doesn't play defense, but Boston has a potentially elite defense. Their defense is in a diff league than houstons

You may take Gordon and capella on Your team because of the roll they fill, but strictly in a vacuum almost no one is taking those guys over Tatum and brown, I doubt you would either

goingfor28
01-23-2018, 03:28 AM
Celtics.

Harden and CP3 are pretty bad chokers in the playoffs. They haven't proven anything yet.Chris Paul has put up great numbers in the playoffs. Not his fault the Clippers never advanced far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

lol, please
01-23-2018, 12:30 PM
Chris Paul has put up great numbers in the playoffs. Not his fault the Clippers never advanced far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkWrong.

He was a starter for the team and the PG at that. Everyone on a team shares the blame for failure, or the celebration of success.

Don't give me that "Not his fault the Clippers didn't make it" ********. He absolutely shares that blame and responsibility.

You win or lose together.

Chronz
01-23-2018, 07:40 PM
Wrong.

He was a starter for the team and the PG at that. Everyone on a team shares the blame for failure, or the celebration of success.

Don't give me that "Not his fault the Clippers didn't make it" ********. He absolutely shares that blame and responsibility.

Bs . Teammates matter

goingfor28
01-23-2018, 08:57 PM
Wrong.

Sent from my Note 8 using TapatalkHe did his part 100%, look at his postseason numbers. It's not even remotely his fault the Clippers never advanced past the 2nd rd.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
01-23-2018, 09:54 PM
PSD isn't letting me quote other posts for some reason, but lol, that's one of the single worst takes I've seen in a long time. You cannot honestly believe that teammates have nothing to do with team success.

lol, please
01-23-2018, 09:59 PM
PSD isn't letting me quote other posts for some reason, but lol, that's one of the single worst takes I've seen in a long time. You cannot honestly believe that teammates have nothing to do with team success.

Bs . Teammates matter

Didn't say they didn't matter. They do. His Squad was just good enough to compete, and he couldn't get them over the hump. I'm not holding him solely responsible, but again, he doesn't get a pass as if he was playing with some D-leaguers.

mightybosstone
01-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Didn't say they didn't matter. They do. His Squad was just good enough to compete, and he couldn't get them over the hump. I'm not holding him solely responsible, but again, he doesn't get a pass as if he was playing with some D-leaguers.

He deserves some blame. There were some moments where he made a poor choice or disappeared when he was probably needed to make a big play. But his postseason numbers overall are freaking fantastic. They're a hell of a lot better than Curry's numbers, comparatively. If you gave Paul the same supporting cast as Curry, my gut tells me they're every bit as successful as the team would have been with Curry, if not more so.

But Paul had zero help in New Orleans, and although Griffin and Jordan were quality starters in LA, the overall supporting cast around those teams was pretty pedestrian.

LA_Raiders
01-23-2018, 11:33 PM
Celtics, remember that Harden is a choke artist.

brandt
01-23-2018, 11:59 PM
You guys lost to the Spurs. Game 6 at your home. Kawhi Leonard was out for the game. How much did you guys lose by? Like 35. Yeah, you guys absolutely choked. This was Rockets chance to even up the series and potentially even win because Kawhi was far from 100%, yet, Harden had like 10 points and looked like the worst superstar. Had everyone disgusted.. Ummm, that was a totally different team!

lol, please
01-24-2018, 12:36 AM
. Ummm, that was a totally different team!

totally no, slightly.

Core is the same.

europagnpilgrim
01-24-2018, 12:42 AM
Bs . Teammates matter

of course it matters, especially for those legendary players that wear number 3, from AI3 to CP3

Way to come on down Chronz, even though you like your high horse

europagnpilgrim
01-24-2018, 12:47 AM

Absolutely it does, from top management on down matters,front office talent/wise decisions are more crucial since they actually build the team, its my ace card when discussing Iverson, all the bashers head for the hills after they go actually look at that GLeague roster he carried for 10 years

its like seeing Harden now and with this cast or when he first got there, from the few games I have watched he has a way better overall roster and coach who fits his style, the GM is probably the best in the league without a ship, and that's why the Rockets stay competitive because they got it right from the top as it should be,Owner/GM

WaDe03
01-24-2018, 01:03 AM
of course it matters, especially for those legendary players that wear number 3, from AI3 to CP3

Way to come on down Chronz, even though you like your high horse

You forgot the greatest player to ever wear 3, that's D Wad3.

brandt
01-24-2018, 01:41 AM
totally no, slightly.

Core is the same.

Well, in my opinion Chris Paul alone makes them totally different. Then you throw in P.J. Tucker, Gerald Green, Tarik Black, and Luc mbah a Moute, who have all contributed along with a much better Capella. They used to have Decker, Lou Williams, Beverly, Montrezl Harrell, and Corey Brewer. A lot different and way better now if you ask me.