PDA

View Full Version : Non-star player appreciation

Scoots
12-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Jordan Bell: I know he's not playing big minutes and he's on a great team that inflates his numbers, but purchased 2nd round pick Jordan Bell is leading all rookies in PER and D-rating and is 3rd in BPM and is making it hard for coach to take him off the floor.

PJ Tucker: The poor man's Draymond Green, but a better shooter. PJ brings everything he's got every minute and I think he's had a much bigger impact on the Rockets than he gets credit from from the average fan.

Otto Porter: He made a big leap in performance last year and people acted like his new contract in hand he'd go back to being the player he was before, instead he's elevated his play, and while not a star he's playing a good all-around game and making that contract not look too terrible.

Other names?

FlashBolt
12-13-2017, 11:14 PM
Eric Gordon: Really bought into the system. They gave him a contract based off his injury history but he's amplifying that system. Never seen the guy complain and he has no issues playing behind other two great guards.

Jose Calderon: Love this guy. Great for the locker room and doesn't care if he plays or not. He might not get any attention on the Cavs but people who enjoy basketball value what he can do on/off the court.

tp13baby
12-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Will Barton- many probably would pick Gary Harris as a Nugget but Will gets no notoriety but I think you could make the case he has been the best bench player over the last 3 years. He is about to get paid this offseason by someone.

Joe Ingles- stats will not wow you, but his idea for the game and his ability to do a little of everything is underrated.

Scoots
12-13-2017, 11:53 PM
Will Barton- many probably would pick Gary Harris as a Nugget but Will gets no notoriety but I think you could make the case he has been the best bench player over the last 3 years. He is about to get paid this offseason by someone.

Joe Ingles- stats will not wow you, but his idea for the game and his ability to do a little of everything is underrated.

I love both of those guys. Barton does one thing well, but he does it very well, and he's always at 100 miles per hour, and Ingles is the kind of guy who seems is regularly overlooked but who just does the right thing at the right time more often than not.

YAALREADYKNO
12-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Speedy Claxton and Adonal Foyle

b_russ
12-14-2017, 12:50 AM
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Laugh all you want, but probably my current favorite player. In fact most of my favorite players are defensive wings. Dude's humble, a hardworker and a great teamate.

IndyRealist
12-14-2017, 10:29 AM

Wanted to poach both these guys. Ingles does a little bit of everything, but does it above average, vs. say Wilson Chandler who also does a bit of everything, but slightly below average.

Been after Barton since his draft. Metrics said he was massively underrated coming into the league. Given how well he works with Jokic I doubt he's going anywhere.

DanG
12-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Jordan Clarkson - always gives his 100%, doesn’t care if he comes off the bench or not. 4yrs/52M contract for a guy averaging 15/3/3 on 48% in less than 25min. Shows he doesn’t care as much as the other guys about money and just loves being on the Lakers.

Larry Nance Jr. - unselfish, does all the dirty work, great teammate.

europagnpilgrim
12-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Its one of these type players on every team, some are magnified more depending on the w-l and depends on how stacked the team is at that position that the player occupies

those are glue/energy guys that are priceless to a title run, Bulls had a few during Jordan title runs and prior to that it was other teams and now into current its guys like Battier/Posey and so on that are similar to all these players mentioned in this thread so far

warfelg
12-14-2017, 12:54 PM
TJ McConnell, Avery Bradley, Danny Green are my list.

JAZZNC
12-14-2017, 07:05 PM
I know people have already mentioned Ingles, so I'll say Sefalosha. I like what he has brought to the team. Obviously not some great player but he plays hard on both ends and plays within himself. Also, I've always loved Shaun Livingston.

FlashBolt
12-15-2017, 03:03 PM
I know people have already mentioned Ingles, so I'll say Sefalosha. I like what he has brought to the team. Obviously not some great player but he plays hard on both ends and plays within himself. Also, I've always loved Shaun Livingston.

Sefalosha is always a fan favorite. Only problem with him is he always does something incredibly dumb in late game situations. It's a bit annoying if he continues to do it.

Brybmc868
12-17-2017, 08:24 PM
MIKE Beasley