PDA

View Full Version : Victor Oladipo

Tg11
12-13-2017, 06:58 PM
With the progress this man has made ever since donning a Pacer uniform is it safe to assume that Oladipo deserves to be in the discussion as far as future All Star? I mean everyone thought that as soon as he joined the Pacers, as soon as the Pacers started their rebuild everyone thought that they would be at the bottom of the East and with Oladipo carrying this team on his back they are more or less right in playoff contention in the East. Do you think Victor Oladipo has what it takes to not only be an All Star but to potentially be an elite superstar caliber franchise guy for Indiana basically taking the mantle that Paul George left behind?

TheMightyHumph
12-13-2017, 07:59 PM
VO was a horrible fit next to Westbrook.

Tg11
12-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Yes he was basically they essentially play the same position even though Oladipo is more or less a combo guard but in Indiana he actually has a chance to be a star much like he could have been in Orlando but Oladipo is at least playing to his potential

LeonFSU
12-13-2017, 08:54 PM
So far, he should be an all-star this year

Tg11
12-13-2017, 09:14 PM
So far, he should be an all-star this year

But will he get the votes though

Scoots
12-14-2017, 12:24 AM

I don't know that I'd blame Oladipo.

Meth
12-14-2017, 01:48 AM
I don't know that I'd blame Oladipo.

Interesting how players have played better after leaving OKC. Besides Ibaka, it seems like other players really have started to develop on their own with their new teams. Really makes me wonder even more if OKC's problem has been Westbrook all along.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-14-2017, 03:31 AM
Interesting how players have played better after leaving OKC. Besides Ibaka, it seems like other players really have started to develop on their own with their new teams. Really makes me wonder even more if OKC's problem has been Westbrook all along.

I've thought that's been case for a long time now. OKC is just never going to contend for titles as long as WB is there IMO.

Presti thought it'd be a good idea to bring in Melo though LOL

ewing
12-14-2017, 06:46 AM
I've thought that's been case for a long time now. OKC is just never going to contend for titles as long as WB is there IMO.

Presti thought it'd be a good idea to bring in Melo though LOL

Game 7 of the WCFs is not contending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
12-14-2017, 08:23 AM

It do think Westy holds guys down to a degree but I think even though these guys did not put up the numbers with Westbrook I think they are still missed in OkC

ewing
12-14-2017, 09:11 AM

I disagree. Victor was never going to reach his potential particularly offensively next to Westbrook but the fact that they had two physical explosive guards that ran the floor and attacked 50/50 balls put a lot of pressure on teams. If I was Victor’s agent it certainly is not where I would want him but if I'm Billy Donovan I'm pretty happy with that back court.

Tg11
12-14-2017, 09:22 AM
Oladipo can become the face of the Pacers franchise well they can build around him and Turner and if Larry Bird were smart he would lock the 2 of them up long term

Chronz
12-14-2017, 09:27 AM
You guys are tools. Rwb wasn't preventing dipo from making off the dribble 3s. he didn't have the skill, now he's improved. It happens

Sabonis might be a different story cuz of how different he's being used but he was still in y1

Tg11
12-14-2017, 09:30 AM
Either way Oladipo should win Most Improved Player and it is not like it is even close

IndyRealist
12-14-2017, 10:10 AM
Oladipo changed his diet and exercise regime over the summer, and put on like 20lbs of muscle. That probably has more to do with it than playing next to RWB.

But he's still pressing way too much. Like last night, when he tries to put the offense on his shoulders instead of playing team ball he ends up looking terrible. He's got fantastic straight line speed but no moves to back it up. If you know he's going to charge the rim and not pass, he's easy to guard. It didn't help that Myles Turner got schooled all night by Adams on PnR.

Athletically gifted, limited skill set. MIP? Probably. I'd give it to Aaron Gordon, but Indy has a better record than Orlando and Dipo is getting all the credit.

Tg11
12-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Oladipo and Turner the new dynamic duo

D-Leethal
12-14-2017, 12:58 PM
Chronz you going to apologize to me yet?

mrblisterdundee
12-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Oladipo was a bad fit with Westbrook, being hidden in the corner waiting for the ball that rarely came. But I read an article recently about all the effort Oladipo put into improving his diet, sleep, fitness and ball-handling skills going to Indiana:

He transformed his body and got in the best shape of his life at DBC Fitness in Miami, hired a sports doctor and chef, and focused on skill work at two gyms, I’m Possible Training and Integrity Hoops. “I invested in me,” Oladipo said. “I invested in my time, invested in my body, invested in my mind, and it's paying off.”
- Kevin O'Connor, The Ringer (https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/13/16770286/nba-victor-oladipo-indiana-pacers)

IndyRealist
12-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Btw, Dipo happens to be shooting at least 30% more often than anytime in his career, and shooting career high percentages. It's almost like usage curves have no basis in fact.

ewing
12-14-2017, 11:39 PM
Btw, Dipo happens to be shooting at least 30% more often than anytime in his career, and shooting career high percentages. It's almost like usage curves have no basis in fact.

how do you get the shooting more often guess? Just curious

IndyRealist
12-15-2017, 07:38 AM
how do you get the shooting more often guess? Just curious

He's taking 26 FGA per 48 minutes, with a career average of 20 and a previous high of 20.3 per 48. His FTA attempts are also at an alltime high.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Hell even Paul George himself has gone on record saying that Victor has become the future of this franchise that Victor has become the face of the Pacers