PDA

View Full Version : Official 6th Man of the Year Award thread

Giannis94
12-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Seeing there are other threads. I figured why not take a discussion from one of the other threads. And keep it on going.

So far the official entrants are:

Wade: by wade troll/fab (forgot his username)
Clarkson: MTM

We can keep this ongoing.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Rudy Gay

FlashBolt
12-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Rodney Hood has been out for more games than I think so far.
Gordon has been great but he's just a scorer/shooter.
Lou Williams is playing on a team that no one honestly gives a hell about.
Clarkson is a scorer who really doesn't do much elsewhere. His production is meaningless at times.
Rudy Gay has been great.

Wade is actually making an impact out there. He's getting others involved, scoring, rebounding, and making defensive plays. The guy is having his 2nd best blocks season ever. He's doing everything the Cavs needed. No sixth man has the caliber of accolades Wade has. The fact he's also willing to play sixth man and prefers it thus far is evidence that he sees his impact there because he could easily be an ego-driven player who starts for the Cavs. Give me Wade. I would probably side with Melo if he would actually go to the bench but Wade has been easily the 6MOTY.

WaDe03
12-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Flashbolt summed it up. Gordon has started majority of the year but does one thing. Tyreke Evans is another guy but he's now starting.

tp13baby
12-13-2017, 12:16 AM
Will Barton will probably go back to the bench when Jokic is back I think you can add to Flashbolts list.

jaydubb
12-13-2017, 12:44 AM
Jordan Clarkson is having the best year of his career so far while playing the least amount of minutes of his career so far. I'd think he's a pretty strong candidate.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Chronz
12-13-2017, 05:44 PM
Flashbolt summed it up. Gordon has started majority of the year but does one thing. Tyreke Evans is another guy but he's now starting.

Have any started more than half their games? Besides, its only a matter of time for some

WaDe03
12-13-2017, 05:48 PM
Have any started more than half their games? Besides, its only a matter of time for some

Gordon has I believe. Tyreke is coming close now that he's a starter.

GREATNESS ONE
12-13-2017, 06:37 PM
Jordan Clarkson is having the best year of his career so far while playing the least amount of minutes of his career so far. I'd think he's a pretty strong candidate.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If you have seen him play this year hes much more improved as a playmaker too, hes embraced his 6th man role. Clarkson has been switching from playmaking to scoring guard oftentimes his year and has been consistent all year. If the Lakers can get a somewhat respectable record, Clarkson should be a very good candidate for 6th man of the year.

Tg11
12-13-2017, 07:34 PM
I say it is between Dwyane Wade and Jordan Clarkson at this point

YAALREADYKNO
12-13-2017, 07:34 PM
I'll go wade

mrblisterdundee
12-13-2017, 07:38 PM
By the end of the season, Gordon will be eligible. I also think he'll be the best candidate, if not Iguodala.

Tg11
12-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Rudy Gay he definitely has to be in the conversation playing out there in San Antonio buying into that system of Pop yeah I can say he has become better as a player since going there but also he makes their team better

lol, please
12-13-2017, 07:47 PM
Seeing there are other threads. I figured why not take a discussion from one of the other threads. And keep it on going.

So far the official entrants are:

Wade: by wade troll/fab (forgot his username)
Clarkson: MTM

We can keep this ongoing.Iggy

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk