PDA

View Full Version : Respect around the league and Raptors

Pages : [1] 2

Legitimate
12-09-2017, 12:26 AM
I just don't get it when it comes to the raptors and this forum, we got the best bench in the league best home record and better road record than most teams in the league even though we played more away games than the entire league, still everyone looking down on the raptors like we just pretenders, this by far the best team we have ever had and 3 levels above the one we had when we made it to the conference finals, we got like 3-4 guys on our bench who will become allstars in the future thanks to the best gm in the league,

i swear most these other teams are just hyped up and not recognizing greatness when they see it, if this was the knicks or the nets with our record they would be hyped up to the point there fans saying nothing less than a finals apperance,,,i swear it, but its the raptors and we are just pretenders :eyebrow:

we dont need a superstar to win it all we might not be able to beat lebron but ill tell you we the only team who wont get swept and at least make it interesting and maybe witha little bit of luck maybe next year or so with all our players gettin better we can finally make our first finals apperance and dethrone lebron lol we have the most interesting youngest team in the league and lebron should be on the decline any time soon with lowry ibaka and derozan all locked up for 3 years :)

if we played all our young players like philly does we would still have a better record than them, so this team is well off with our mastermind gm, us raps we dont have to purposel tank just to get better players, we will always be a top 5 team staying competitive, its very degrading and horrendous when teams tuck there manhood between there legs and pluck for draft picks lol, we are like san antonio where they just build on the fly and always stay cometitive

Legitimate
12-09-2017, 12:30 AM
lebron has barely any help, meanwhile we got a very talented and hungry squad over here on this roster

Legitimate
12-09-2017, 12:32 AM
raps will be top 5 team for the next 6-7 years so put that in your pipe and smoke it lol

lol, please
12-09-2017, 01:15 AM
I just don't get it when it comes to the raptors and this forum, we got the best bench in the league best home record and better road record than most teams in the league even though we played more away games than the entire league, still everyone looking down on the raptors like we just pretenders, this by far the best team we have ever had and 3 levels above the one we had when we made it to the conference finals, we got like 3-4 guys on our bench who will become allstars in the future thanks to the best gm in the league,

i swear most these other teams are just hyped up and not recognizing greatness when they see it, if this was the knicks or the nets with our record they would be hyped up to the point there fans saying nothing less than a finals apperance,,,i swear it, but its the raptors and we are just pretenders :eyebrow:

we dont need a superstar to win it all we might not be able to beat lebron but ill tell you we the only team who wont get swept and at least make it interesting and maybe witha little bit of luck maybe next year or so with all our players gettin better we can finally make our first finals apperance and dethrone lebron lol we have the most interesting youngest team in the league and lebron should be on the decline any time soon with lowry ibaka and derozan all locked up for 3 years :)

if we played all our young players like philly does we would still have a better record than them, so this team is well off with our mastermind gm, us raps we dont have to purposel tank just to get better players, we will always be a top 5 team staying competitive, its very degrading and horrendous when teams tuck there manhood between there legs and pluck for draft picks lol, we are like san antonio where they just build on the fly and always stay cometitive:clap:

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

HandsOnTheWheel
12-09-2017, 01:18 AM
They're built to be solely a regular season team, plain and simple.

Legitimate
12-09-2017, 01:44 AM

maybe in the past we were just a good regular season team, but times have changed,,

imo we just lack a defensive anchor and only reason why teams are above us is because they got a better coach, stever kerr would definetly turn this team to be able to stop lebron with the players that we have

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-09-2017, 01:57 AM

They built the team like that or it just so happens that they haven't had success in the playoffs?

HandsOnTheWheel
12-09-2017, 01:58 AM
maybe in the past we were just a good regular season team, but times have changed,,

imo we just lack a defensive anchor and only reason why teams are above us is because they got a better coach, stever kerr would definetly turn this team to be able to stop lebron with the players that we have

Eh Kerr's just an ok coach. Easy to look like a great coach when you enter a system that already had all the talent to be a great team when you first take over. If you are referring to a great coach you refer to Pop and that's a given. Raptors would fair better with a higher echelon coach no doubt, but I'm saying they are built like a team who will be successful in the regular season and not so much postseason. There are realistically about 5 teams competing for the championship with maybe 2 with a real shot right now, so don't feel bad.

HandsOnTheWheel
12-09-2017, 02:03 AM
They built the team like that or it just so happens that they haven't had success in the playoffs?

You think this team is realistically trying to compete with the big guns of the league? They're trying to sell to their fans that they can be a 50 win team and possibly get to the East Semis at most and not much else. As long as Raptors were the bottom feeders of the league, it's a good selling point and I'm happy for them but you have to get real at some point

Legitimate
12-09-2017, 02:07 AM
You think this team is realistically trying to compete with the big guns of the league? They're trying to sell to their fans that they can be a 50 win team and possibly get to the East Semis at most and not much else. As long as Raptors were the bottom feeders of the league, it's a good selling point and I'm happy for them but you have to get real at some point

nevver said we were contenders but were definetly not pretenders this year, we are kind of caught in the middle, imo anything can happen in the playoffs,,, just saying the raps do have a chance to make some noise and have a small chance of getting into the finals but conference finals for sure, but next year our team is gonna be scary good like a poor mans golden state team lol

WaDe03
12-09-2017, 04:29 AM
lebron has barely any help, meanwhile we got a very talented and hungry squad over here on this roster

LeBron has plenty of help.

ewing
12-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Thank LeBron, this is a superstar league are your stars are a cut below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 09:12 AM
LeBron has plenty of help.

Old man Wade? Injured Thompson and IT. IT may not be the same guy once he's back. Smith and Thompson over paid role players. Crowder regressing and poorly used. Love is so so. He should of been traded last year. Plays no defense. LeBron shouldering the load all regular season when he's suppose to be coasting till playoffs. Rose and Calderon nothing special.

Not saying LeBron leaves. But if he did next summer Cavs probably don't even make the playoffs. IT with a bad hip wont be the same speedy slasher. Which is all his game is based on speed. Love couldn't win with the Wolves. Smith and Thompson are dead weight. That Nets pick is like #10 in a top heavy draft with less depth pass top 5.

DanG
12-09-2017, 09:22 AM
5-6 record against teams over .500

Plus they're two best players are underwhelming playoff performers.

Kyle Lowry:

15-16 Regular season: 21/5/6 on 43%, 39% from three
15-16 Playoffs: 19/5/6 on 40%, 30% from three

16-17 Regular season: 22/5/7 on 46%, 41% from three
16-17 Playoffs: 16/3/6 on 46%, 34% from three

DeMar DeRozan:

15-16 Regular season: 23/4/4 on 45%
15-16 Playoffs: 21/4/3 on 39%

16-17 Regular season: 27/5/4 on 47%
16-17 Playoffs: 22/5/3 on 43%

When players like LeBron and Kyrie step their game up during the playoffs, these guys regress.

This team isn't a threat to Cleveland, not even close.

DanG
12-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Old man Wade? Injured Thompson and IT. IT may not be the same guy once he's back. Smith and Thompson over paid role players. Crowder regressing and poorly used. Love is so so. He should of been traded last year. Plays no defense. LeBron shouldering the load all regular season when he's suppose to be coasting till playoffs. Rose and Calderon nothing special.

Not saying LeBron leaves. But if he did next summer Cavs probably don't even make the playoffs. IT with a bad hip wont be the same speedy slasher. Which is all his game is based on speed. Love couldn't win with the Wolves. Smith and Thompson are dead weight. That Nets pick is like #10 in a top heavy draft with less depth pass top 5.

Lol every time there's a talk about LeBron's supporting cast people act like Kevin Love is a bum. He is having the most efficient season of his career, putting up 19/10/2 in 29 minutes. He is going to be an all-star.

Rivera
12-09-2017, 10:14 AM

Kyle Lowry:

DeMar DeRozan:

When players like LeBron and Kyrie step their game up during the playoffs, these guys regress.

This your 2 best players cannot regress like this, they need to elevate their games and until they can prove that Toronto will always be a good regular season team who is going to struggle in the playoffs with the east more loaded than ever

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Lol every time there's a talk about LeBron's supporting cast people act like Kevin Love is a bum. He is having the most efficient season of his career, putting up 19/10/2 in 29 minutes. He is going to be an all-star.

Well of course he's a all star. That's how the league works. Once the fans continue to look at the name of names they know. They don't look at wins or worthy stats. Heck Zaza had a ton of votes. He wasn't worthy. Kinda like NFL PRO BOWL. Same names on each ballot. Also factor in Irving isn't on the Cavs. Cavs still winning. LeBron needs a buddy in it. IT wont be in it. Unless Wade fans throw like a couple million votes in to name him a starter.

ewing
12-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Well of course he's a all star. That's how the league works. Once the fans continue to look at the name of names they know. They don't look at wins or worthy stats. Heck Zaza had a ton of votes. He wasn't worthy. Kinda like NFL PRO BOWL. Same names on each ballot. Also factor in Irving isn't on the Cavs. Cavs still winning. LeBron needs a buddy in it. IT wont be in it. Unless Wade fans throw like a couple million votes in to name him a starter.

Love is a deserving all star. He can score from all areas on the floor, is one of the best stretch 4s in the league, and is an excellent passer and rebounder to boot.

Sly Guy
12-09-2017, 11:23 AM
much as I love the total in the wins column, we are a team built for the regular season. Having an exceptionally deep team doesn't help in the playoffs when the rotations get shorter, when the games become all about matchups. Having a bench squad playing like a second set of starters doesn't count for as much when they're playing 8 minutes a night.

Lowry so far has shown he can't bring it in the playoffs. Maybe the season is too long for his body, but he always seems to fade at that time of year. Demar is a guy who's entire offense is based around getting to the free throw line. Those points are also harder to come by in April.

But we've got another season or two left of this before we tear down and rebuild, so enjoy the wins now.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Love is a deserving all star. He can score from all areas on the floor, is one of the best stretch 4s in the league, and is an excellent passer and rebounder to boot.

Yet thats the reason why that 4 or 5 team trade died. Cause Love was one of the pieces no one wanted besides Leonard. Guess Suns almost broke down and took him. But what they were dumping no one wanted. Then Blazers almost got in the deal. But no one wanted their junk of Leonard.

If that trade went down. Cavs would of been loaded. As of right now that Nets pick looks lame. Celtics and Cavs fans hyped that pick up like it was top 3 in the bag. Crowder regressing badly. Wade ring chaser looks older then ever. Smith and Thompson over paid.

Love still horrible defender. Cavs cupboards are bare. Gilbert's last hope was top 3 lottery pick to draft a big man. IT may not be the same stud he was last season. I wouldn't be shocked of a upset to the Cavs in the playoffs this year.

Heediot
12-09-2017, 11:55 AM
If they can upgrade Lowry. They can be legit. He struggles mightily when refs/d dynamics change in the post-season. At least DD is slowly getting better and still has time to grow and play in his peak.

ewing
12-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Yet thats the reason why that 4 or 5 team trade died. Cause Love was one of the pieces no one wanted besides Leonard. Guess Suns almost broke down and took him. But what they were dumping no one wanted. Then Blazers almost got in the deal. But no one wanted their junk of Leonard.

If that trade went down. Cavs would of been loaded. As of right now that Nets pick looks lame. Celtics and Cavs fans hyped that pick up like it was top 3 in the bag. Crowder regressing badly. Wade ring chaser looks older then ever. Smith and Thompson over paid.

Love still horrible defender. Cavs cupboards are bare. Gilbert's last hope was top 3 lottery pick to draft a big man. IT may not be the same stud he was last season. I wouldn't be shocked of a upset to the Cavs in the playoffs this year.

you're right he's Zaza

hugepatsfan
12-09-2017, 12:46 PM
They've underperformed in the playoffs for years so no one takes them seriously anymore.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Raptors are the Clippers of the east.

Vee-Rex
12-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Are you gonna be our Miltstar of this year?

mike_noodles
12-09-2017, 02:33 PM
As a Raps fan I can honestly say; good team, not a championship team. Is it possible, sure, but a lot of things would have to go their way. For example if Durant, Curry, Lebron and Kawhi all got hurt at the same time, then maybe.

IndyRealist
12-10-2017, 01:46 AM

That's a really dishonest characterization. Love was the piece Phoenix wanted.

smith&wesson
12-10-2017, 04:53 AM

Man you need to check your facts, they have already surpassed the east semis .. if you're going to have such a strong opinion make sure it's accurate my man.

They've underperformed in the playoffs for years so no one takes them seriously anymore.

I agree they have underperformed but everyone in the east gets ousted by the Cavs. It is what it is. Reaching the ECFs is perhaps their ceiling though and that is being realistic.

Raptors are the Clippers of the east.

cmon man that's a terrible comparison, when's the last time the Clips made it to the conference finals? All you're doing is proving the OP right when he claimed the hate is strong on the raptors. Are the Clippers even going to make the playoffs this season?

HandsOnTheWheel
12-10-2017, 06:16 AM
Man you need to check your facts, they have already surpassed the east semis .. if you're going to have such a strong opinion make sure it's accurate my man.

That was before the C's were a powerhouse.. I mean do you realistically think they're built to take down Cavs or C's in a 7 game series? That's the only facts you need lol.

FWIW, I think there were certain moves Raps could have made since they made the ECF to realistically compete with the two, but I just think they've invested too much in role player-type guys like Ibaka/Val/etc. when you essentially needs 3-4 "superstars" to have a chance in this league. I've seen enough of Lowry and Derozan alternating ghost shifts in the playoffs as well to know that this team isn't built for the playoffs.

GoferKing_
12-10-2017, 06:34 AM
We know thay the Raps will choke in the PlayOffs.

Toxeryll
12-10-2017, 01:05 PM
That was before the C's were a powerhouse.. I mean do you realistically think they're built to take down Cavs or C's in a 7 game series? That's the only facts you need lol.

FWIW, I think there were certain moves Raps could have made since they made the ECF to realistically compete with the two, but I just think they've invested too much in role player-type guys like Ibaka/Val/etc. when you essentially needs 3-4 "superstars" to have a chance in this league. I've seen enough of Lowry and Derozan alternating ghost shifts in the playoffs as well to know that this team isn't built for the playoffs.

Since when did the C's become a powerhouse? You gotta be able to differentiate between facts and opinion.

Tg11
12-13-2017, 07:13 PM
nevver said we were contenders but were definetly not pretenders this year, we are kind of caught in the middle, imo anything can happen in the playoffs,,, just saying the raps do have a chance to make some noise and have a small chance of getting into the finals but conference finals for sure, but next year our team is gonna be scary good like a poor mans golden state team lol

Not even especially with teams like Boston, Washington, Milwaukee, Philadelphia who could take out Toronto any day of the week

WaDe03
12-13-2017, 07:56 PM

Every post gets dumber. Keep it up!

bucketss
12-14-2017, 12:04 AM
Not even especially with teams like Boston, Washington, Milwaukee, Philadelphia who could take out Toronto any day of the week
i don't get it outside of boston what have those teams proven, keep in mind you guaranteed bucks would trash the raps last year, now you think philly who is even younger without a player on giannas level will beat them.

Tg11
12-14-2017, 09:29 AM
i don't get it outside of boston what have those teams proven, keep in mind you guaranteed bucks would trash the raps last year, now you think philly who is even younger without a player on giannas level will beat them.

Yeah I would because the Sixers are more explosive than the Raptors and they have Embiid and Simmons that is more than enough not to mention they have Saric and Covington

Who on the Raptors can guard Embiid? Who is guarding Simmons?

Not to mention their 3 point threats in Saric, Covington and Reddick

ChongInc.
12-14-2017, 02:27 PM
The difference i see going into the playoffs this year is the bench. they can help carry the load during the season. in past seasons it was all lowry and derozan carrying the team the way lebron and Kyrie are this season. Lowry and Demar will be the best rested stars in the east. The other factor is the emergence of OG. finally we have someone to throw at Lebron. obviously not stop him but hell of a lot better than Ross.

Raptors will make the finals within the next 3 seasons.

bucketss
12-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Yeah I would because the Sixers are more explosive than the Raptors and they have Embiid and Simmons that is more than enough not to mention they have Saric and Covington

Who on the Raptors can guard Embiid? Who is guarding Simmons?

Not to mention their 3 point threats in Saric, Covington and Reddick

so why are they only 1 game above .500 ? they're tied for the 9th seed they might not even make the playoffs.
saric is a 34% 3pt shooter which is average, are they better than the bucks team you guaranteed you would destroy toronto last year?

smith&wesson
12-15-2017, 11:04 AM

But that’s not what you said my man.. you said the Raptors are trying to sell their fan base that they are a 50 win team in the east and trying to make the semis. Well we don’t need much convincing as the team has won 50+ games several seasons in a row, and Boston becoming a “powerhouse” won’t change that alone. Also they’ve reached or surpassed the “semis” several season in a row as well.

You tried to discredit the team with out checking your info.. truth be told Boston doesn’t scare our fan base at all. It would be a great matchup we would look fwd to watching. Any team that doesn’t have Lebron would be welcomed back in the east

dpospish
12-15-2017, 11:35 AM
But that’s not what you said my man.. you said the Raptors are trying to sell their fan base that they are a 50 win team in the east and trying to make the semis. Well we don’t need much convincing as the team has won 50+ games several seasons in a row, and Boston becoming a “powerhouse” won’t change that alone. Also they’ve reached or surpassed the “semis” several season in a row as well.

You tried to discredit the team with out checking your info.. truth be told Boston doesn’t scare our fan base at all. It would be a great matchup we would look fwd to watching. Any team that doesn’t have Lebron would be welcomed back in the east

How have they surpassed the semis several seasons in a row if they have only been to one ECF?

Vampirate
12-15-2017, 12:19 PM
You think this team is realistically trying to compete with the big guns of the league? They're trying to sell to their fans that they can be a 55-60 win team and possibly get to the East Semis at most and not much else. As long as Raptors were the bottom feeders of the league, it's a good selling point and I'm happy for them but you have to get real at some point

Corrected, they've been getting 50 wins with regularity now, it's not the selling point anymore, it's an expectation.

I'm pretty much going with the ride atm, Masai isn't an idiot, while it's possible there is a trade that would make the Raptors legit contenders, there's a solid reason why pretty much alot of the big contracts are going to expire in 3 years.

It's a treadmill, but not one that's going to last for that long. Also, in the next few years the East might look very different indeed.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 01:55 PM
The difference i see going into the playoffs this year is the bench. they can help carry the load during the season. in past seasons it was all lowry and derozan carrying the team the way lebron and Kyrie are this season. Lowry and Demar will be the best rested stars in the east. The other factor is the emergence of OG. finally we have someone to throw at Lebron. obviously not stop him but hell of a lot better than Ross.

Raptors will make the finals within the next 3 seasons.

Raptors won't make the finals at least for another 5 to 10 years if that

Vampirate
12-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Raptors won't make the finals at least for another 5 to 10 years if that

Well it's possible, it really depends on where Lebron goes and how the rest of the East shapes up especially Boston, Milwaukee and Philadelphia.

lol, please
12-15-2017, 02:24 PM

Raptors will make the finals within the next 3 seasons.Well said.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 02:52 PM
I will give credit where credit is due even though I hate the Raptors and can't stand them I will give your fan base your entire team this that your bench is emerging I can actually admit it OG is emerging so far but will that transition into him becoming a star in this league? Time will tell...and as far as Poetl goes and names like Miles, Powell, etc. they have come through in big moments but come playoff time I can't see the Raptors bench coming through for them like they have been this season...simply put they are a regular season team and not a playoff capable team yeah sure they were 2 years ago when they made it to the Eastern Conference Finals and lost to the Cavs in 6 but last year they were seemingly swept in 4 games by the Cavs...my point being that if they can get over that hump and actually beat LeBron and company they can never be in that conversation as far as teams who can win the title

Vampirate
12-15-2017, 03:10 PM
I will give credit where credit is due even though I hate the Raptors and can't stand them I will give your fan base your entire team this that your bench is emerging I can actually admit it OG is emerging so far but will that transition into him becoming a star in this league? Time will tell...and as far as Poetl goes and names like Miles, Powell, etc. they have come through in big moments but come playoff time I can't see the Raptors bench coming through for them like they have been this season...simply put they are a regular season team and not a playoff capable team yeah sure they were 2 years ago when they made it to the Eastern Conference Finals and lost to the Cavs in 6 but last year they were seemingly swept in 4 games by the Cavs...my point being that if they can get over that hump and actually beat LeBron and company they can never be in that conversation as far as teams who can win the title

So essentially this applies to every other team besides Cleveland in the East.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 03:16 PM
So essentially this applies to every other team besides Cleveland in the East.

Yeah if you say it like that yeah but if any team is capable of beating Cleveland in the East it is Boston as far as potential series matchups go Boston is probably the best equipped to at least give Cleveland a run for their money

I would have said Toronto 2 years ago when they had all of that talent but they couldn't even transition that talent into winning a title...and more or less they have had the same core for years now well more or less and they haven't been able to win with this system with these core group of guys that they have and why? Because the Raptors are not as aggressive as they used to be in the off season when it comes to signing free agents because in the past they were aggressive as far as being contenders in the free agent market but lately these past few years they haven't done that

And if they want to be competitive especially in an Eastern Conference that has LeBron that has Kyrie that has Wall, Giannis, etc. they are going to have to do something to their core give it an upgrade

Vampirate
12-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Yeah if you say it like that yeah but if any team is capable of beating Cleveland in the East it is Boston as far as potential series matchups go Boston is probably the best equipped to at least give Cleveland a run for their money

I would have said Toronto 2 years ago when they had all of that talent but they couldn't even transition that talent into winning a title...and more or less they have had the same core for years now well more or less and they haven't been able to win with this system with these core group of guys that they have and why? Because the Raptors are not as aggressive as they used to be in the off season when it comes to signing free agents because in the past they were aggressive as far as being contenders in the free agent market but lately these past few years they haven't done that

And if they want to be competitive especially in an Eastern Conference that has LeBron that has Kyrie that has Wall, Giannis, etc. they are going to have to do something to their core give it an upgrade

Well first of all what moves can Toronto make to get them a title, the Bar is the Warriors not the Cavs. If Masai saw a move that would improve them dramatically in the short term and in the next few years he'd do it, as would almost any team like the Wizards.

Second of all let's take a look at the Raptors and the playoffs.

Year 1, pushed the nets to the brink of elimination in 7 games with a final shot by Lowry being blocked by Pierce. No expectations here so why would year 1 be a failure?

Year 2. Sweep of the Wizards. By far the worst playoffs and really when you look back the only real underachieving one in terms of talent compared to other teams.

Year 3. They went to the ECF with the same team minus and add a few pieces, namely Biyombo. Raise your hands if you saw this coming based off of the previous playoffs.

Year 4. They got swept in 4 to the Cavs with Lowry playing 2 games. (Lowry actually shot the ball well in the playoffs, looks it up)

Now, you can bash Lowry and Derozan all you want and have valid points but you probably should look at what the Raptors had aside from the 2 and how well they played.

This year is arguably the best Raptor team of them all. No idea on the playoffs.

If the bar was to make the Finals or a Championship then every team aside from Lebron's in the East has been a failure thus far.

As for the Celtics this year, I highly doubt that they can get passed the Cavs even if they have the best shot.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Okay but with the way the Celtics have been playing this season with Kyrie carrying this team on his back and Horford, Brown, Tatum, etc. coming through for us in the clutch I think we would have a pretty good chance of at least making it to 6 or 7 games guaranteed whereas the Raptors if they even come up against Cleveland for the 3rd straight year they would inevitably lose in 4 or 5 games tops but if they could get pieces through trades and what not then maybe just maybe they could compete with us and with Cleveland

Vampirate
12-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Okay but with the way the Celtics have been playing this season with Kyrie carrying this team on his back and Horford, Brown, Tatum, etc. coming through for us in the clutch I think we would have a pretty good chance of at least making it to 6 or 7 games guaranteed whereas the Raptors if they even come up against Cleveland for the 3rd straight year they would inevitably lose in 4 or 5 games tops but if they could get pieces through trades and what not then maybe just maybe they could compete with us and with Cleveland

2 years ago the Raptors too the NBA champs to 6 games, 1 year ago the Celts took the Cavs to 5 games.

I think you might be living in the moment right now, there's no guarantee that the Raptors are going to go 4-5 games just like there's no guarantee you guys will go 6-7 games, and the reverse is true too.

Let's see what happens in the playoffs before we say 'this team is definetely going to do this, this other team cannot do this'.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Okay yeah we will see but at the same time Raptors have proven time and time again that in the playoffs that they do crumble under the pressure I am not saying that just to say it well facts are facts it has been proven that in the regular season they seem to play the right way or they seem to have the right tools fall into place for them but then come playoff time when it counts they crumble

Hey I will give you guys credit this season you guys are playing well you guys are doing it in the East you guys are like what 3 games back of Cleveland right now but come playoff time we will see just what kind of Raptors team shows up

Vampirate
12-15-2017, 04:07 PM
Okay yeah we will see but at the same time Raptors have proven time and time again that in the playoffs that they do crumble under the pressure I am not saying that just to say it well facts are facts it has been proven that in the regular season they seem to play the right way or they seem to have the right tools fall into place for them but then come playoff time when it counts they crumble

Hey I will give you guys credit this season you guys are playing well you guys are doing it in the East you guys are like what 3 games back of Cleveland right now but come playoff time we will see just what kind of Raptors team shows up

Fair enough, as a Raptors fan I think they are indeed pretenders, in my eyes the only contenders in the east are the Cavs. I do think this is the most complete team the Raptors have had thus far and this season is their best chance at taking out the Cavs. The same would be said for Boston in my view.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 04:17 PM
Fair enough, as a Raptors fan I think they are indeed pretenders, in my eyes the only contenders in the east are the Cavs. I do think this is the most complete team the Raptors have had thus far and this season is their best chance at taking out the Cavs. The same would be said for Boston in my view.

Yeah this Raptors team for what it is worth I will give credit where it is due you guys do have a complete team but like I said will it transition into the Raptors going far in the Eastern Conference playoffs? That remains to be seen but if the playoffs were to start today the Raptors would have to face the Wizards and with that said could the Raptors beat the Wizards? I don't know...Wall, Beal, etc. no I don't think that the Raptors could beat Washington in a playoff series I mean the Raps faced them like what 3 years ago in the playoffs and what happened? They got swept by that same team of the Wizards and mind you that team is more or less the same core of guys and you think the Raptors can match up with the Wizards?

Vampirate
12-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Yeah this Raptors team for what it is worth I will give credit where it is due you guys do have a complete team but like I said will it transition into the Raptors going far in the Eastern Conference playoffs? That remains to be seen but if the playoffs were to start today the Raptors would have to face the Wizards and with that said could the Raptors beat the Wizards? I don't know...Wall, Beal, etc. no I don't think that the Raptors could beat Washington in a playoff series I mean the Raps faced them like what 3 years ago in the playoffs and what happened? They got swept by that same team of the Wizards and mind you that team is more or less the same core of guys and you think the Raptors can match up with the Wizards?

That version of the Raptors sure, but are you counting on Kyle to crap the bed like that again? Is Derozan the same player as he was then? What about the rest of todays Roster as compared to then?

It wouldn't be a cake walk but we'd definitely stand a good chance against the Wiz today.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 04:37 PM
That version of the Raptors sure, but are you counting on Kyle to crap the bed like that again? Is Derozan the same player as he was then? What about the rest of todays Roster as compared to then?

It wouldn't be a cake walk but we'd definitely stand a good chance against the Wiz today.

Yeah and who is guarding John Wall? Probably the fastest point guard in the NBA and not to mention Wall is probably the most explosive well besides Kyrie and who on the Raps is guarding Beal? Not to mention Gortat he would probably muscle his way over JV once again make him look inferior and not to mention they have Oubre but then the rest of their bench also compared to the Raptors bench I don't know

ChongInc.
12-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Yes... the raps would beat the Wizards. That is one area where the USA bias comes seriously into play. Wiz have 2 nice pieces and thats it. they are the Raptors of christmas past.

Anyone who ranks the Wiz above the Raptors is biased. if you disagree, please provide some evidence as to why the Wiz are better.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 04:43 PM
The Wizards have better options their 1-2 punch not just in Wall and Beal but their 3 point shooting surpasses that of the Raptors but also their bigs compared to the Raptors bigs like it isn't even close and not to mention they are a more defensively sounded team than the Raptors are but I will give the edge to Toronto as far as bench goes but it is all going to come down to who wants it more badly

Vampirate
12-15-2017, 04:48 PM
Yeah and who is guarding John Wall? Probably the fastest point guard in the NBA and not to mention Wall is probably the most explosive well besides Kyrie and who on the Raps is guarding Beal? Not to mention Gortat he would probably muscle his way over JV once again make him look inferior and not to mention they have Oubre but then the rest of their bench also compared to the Raptors bench I don't know

Lowry would guard Wall, OG would guard Beal and a combination of Poeltl, Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam would guard Gortat. Maybe JV too is he gets the minutes.

ChongInc.
12-15-2017, 05:12 PM

your posts are torture to read bro. punctuation.

This is easily the most talent they've had on the roster in Raptors history. If Lebron/GSW weren't freaks of their time then the raptors would absolutely have championship aspirations.

You say you arent sure if OG or the rest of the bench will perform in the playoffs, yet you have no questions about Tatum/brown?
Boston and Washington are very similarly constructed teams, except one has a great coach.

Toronto is winning all these games while learning a totally different style of play. the same can not be said for why the Wiz are only an average team. you wanna talk about treadmill... take a strong look at the Wiz.

Added since the beginning of last season: Ibaka, CJ Miles, OG, New style, opportunity for our young guys to make an impact.
Removed since the beginning of last season: Caroll (replaced by OG who is a better defender and plays his role better), Ross (replaced by Powell), Joseph (replaced by Wright and Van Vleet), and the burden on Lowry and Derozan to win every game.

You admit you have blind hate for TO, while also admitting they have a pretty good and complete team. Remove the bias and we have a damn good team.

ChongInc.
12-15-2017, 05:41 PM
The Wizards have better options their 1-2 punch not just in Wall and Beal but their 3 point shooting surpasses that of the Raptors but also their bigs compared to the Raptors bigs like it isn't even close and not to mention they are a more defensively sounded team than the Raptors are but I will give the edge to Toronto as far as bench goes but it is all going to come down to who wants it more badly

Washingtons bigs are better than torontos? and more defensively sound? youre just saying things now. please provide any evidence to that.

Cav's
Toronto and Boston
Milwakee and Washington
Everyone else.

aman_13
12-15-2017, 06:28 PM
The Raptors don't get respect because they don't deserve it. They got swept last year against the Cavs and their best players didn't play well and haven't played well in the playoffs all together.

I don't expect any lip service for the Raptors when it comes to contender discussions.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 06:37 PM
The Raptors don't get respect because they don't deserve it. They got swept last year against the Cavs and their best players didn't play well and haven't played well in the playoffs all together.

I don't expect any lip service for the Raptors when it comes to contender discussions.

It is true the Raptors don't get respect because they have done nothing to really earn it in the grand scheme of things. However, losing to the Cavs twice in a row in separate years doesn't really do much to inspire confidence. I am just stating fact here but at the same time I will say this they do have experience and they have youth too. Their bench is emerging as one of the best benches in the NBA and for that I will give credit. However, when it comes down to it they just do not have enough pieces to compete. Plain and simple. If they managed to get a star or even a superstar in a trade then and only then could they be considered as a title contender.

Vee-Rex
12-15-2017, 06:49 PM
I'm lightweight a little more scared of Toronto than I am of Boston right now.

Horford has been great and all that but we've played against him 3 straight years in the playoffs - he'll have to show me that he can play well against TT (and Love) before I start shaking in my boots.

Essentially it's Kyrie + roleplayers from my perspective and I know LeBron will outperform Kyrie even in the playoffs.

What scares me more about Toronto is that they seem to finally have legit shooters surrounding their core. DeRozan is the scarier playoff performer between he and Lowry, but part of what hurt them as a team were the bricks laid out by 2Pat, CoJo, PJ, and Carroll. All of them are gone now.

OG is looking like he could end up being a great shooter from beyond the arc in this league and CJ Miles is one of the scariest guys around IMO. He torches the Cavs EVERY SINGLE TIME. Honestly, forget OG... Miles terrifies me.

Obviously the Cavs are favs in a series vs. the Raps but the Raps scare me a bit more than a Hayward-less Celtics team with just Kyrie, roleplayers, and a couple of rooks.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 06:54 PM
I'm lightweight a little more scared of Toronto than I am of Boston right now.

Horford has been great and all that but we've played against him 3 straight years in the playoffs - he'll have to show me that he can play well against TT (and Love) before I start shaking in my boots.

Essentially it's Kyrie + roleplayers from my perspective and I know LeBron will outperform Kyrie even in the playoffs.

What scares me more about Toronto is that they seem to finally have legit shooters surrounding their core. DeRozan is the scarier playoff performer between he and Lowry, but part of what hurt them as a team were the bricks laid out by 2Pat, CoJo, PJ, and Carroll. All of them are gone now.

OG is looking like he could end up being a great shooter from beyond the arc in this league and CJ Miles is one of the scariest guys around IMO. He torches the Cavs EVERY SINGLE TIME. Honestly, forget OG... Miles terrifies me.

Obviously the Cavs are favs in a series vs. the Raps but the Raps scare me a bit more than a Hayward-less Celtics team with just Kyrie, roleplayers, and a couple of rooks.

Even so but over time it has been proven that the Raptors when it comes playoff time they cave under the pressure. Not just as a team but their 2 core guys their superstars Lowry and DeRozan especially crumble in playoff series against top teams in the East. OG is coming into his own as a rookie that I will grant you and CJ Miles is managing to have a good year in Toronto not disputing that. However, what I will dispute is the fact that they can seemingly get it together in the playoffs because history has shown that they can't. Granted all of those teams were different teams but still this Raptors team they are going to have to show me something before I can say title contenders.

Vee-Rex
12-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Even so but over time it has been proven that the Raptors when it comes playoff time they cave under the pressure. Not just as a team but their 2 core guys their superstars Lowry and DeRozan especially crumble in playoff series against top teams in the East. OG is coming into his own as a rookie that I will grant you and CJ Miles is managing to have a good year in Toronto not disputing that. However, what I will dispute is the fact that they can seemingly get it together in the playoffs because history has shown that they can't. Granted all of those teams were different teams but still this Raptors team they are going to have to show me something before I can say title contenders.

Yeah, it's definitely a wait and see kind of thing. Lowry and DeRozan haven't given many people reason to be optimistic. We'll see.

Tg11
12-15-2017, 07:03 PM
If Lowry and DeRozan can both get it together and get on that same page then if the 2 of them can carry this team on their backs then who knows but I doubt it severely very severely.

CityofTreez
12-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Every year there’s one of these threads from a Raptors fan whose dying for a hug.

Legitimate
12-17-2017, 01:27 AM
Every year there’s one of these threads from a Raptors fan whose dying for a hug.

lol, this year is our best one as a franchise and things are totally different and better than in past years. boston are pretenders IMO, next year we dethrone LeBron if he doesn't choose to go out west next year. either way we making our first finals appearance, you can book it!

Tg11
12-17-2017, 11:35 AM
lol, this year is our best one as a franchise and things are totally different and better than in past years. boston are pretenders IMO, next year we dethrone LeBron if he doesn't choose to go out west next year. either way we making our first finals appearance, you can book it!

LOL I doubt that...because even when Toronto has had great years they have always managed to screw it up in the playoffs because regular season is not like the playoffs...it is a whole different area a whole different level of basketball and Raptors have proven that in the past they are never ready especially when all the pressure is riding on them. 2014, 2015 and 2016 are just proof of what I am talking about. It speaks for itself right there. Unlike the Raptors us Celtics if we are pretenders then why is it that we actually made it further than you guys last season in the playoffs? Or why is it that we are in 1st in the conference right now? Hell we have won our division with you guys in it last year and we will win the division again you can book that

Not to mention Kyrie has been carrying this team on his back ever since Hayward went down and if Hayward does come back by some miracle he comes back during playoff time then we will see just how far the Raptors go

ChongInc.
12-17-2017, 09:55 PM
Losing to the Cavs is nothing to be ashamed of. That's the mountain the raptors are currently climbing. Same mountain Houston and San Antonio are climbing against gsw. (Outside of gsw and Cleveland I would feel totally comfortable predicting a raptoes win in a series against any team).

What needs to be taken into account is the raptors playing a totally different style with a totally new supporting cast and finally an actual PF (Patrick Paterson was decent but couldn't even crack the starting lineup when we legit had no other PF on the team).
Also keep in mind that Lowry was playing against his skill set these last few years earning a paycheque. Now that he's gotten paid he seems to be playing to his strengths - Defense, rebounding and 3's - and not trying to do too much.

If your version of "getting it together in the playoffs" is beating the Cavs... Then no the raptors haven't "gotten it together". But again I see no shame in losing to the best player to have ever played. Pushing the Cavs to 6 with a relatively weak team compared to this year's team was pretty impressive. I've seen them turn series around before including Indy, milwakee, the heat ect.

I really hope we play Boston. Would be an amazing series. I'm fairly confident in Casey's ability to draw up a defensive scheme to stop a 1 man show over 7 games.

Tg11
12-17-2017, 10:16 PM
Yeah I don't know if you would want that but I do know I would want to see a Raptors/Celtics series

Toxeryll
12-17-2017, 10:49 PM
A Raps/Celts playoffs series is long overdue. I hope we get to see it this year.

Tg11
12-17-2017, 11:10 PM
A Raps/Celts playoffs series is long overdue. I hope we get to see it this year.

If it happens then you guys know that you're done

Vee-Rex
12-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Y'all better put some RESPECK on this Raps team (thread title).

Tg11
12-17-2017, 11:25 PM
I will give credit they are having a good year so far but then again so have certain Raptors teams of the recent past and what happened right after? As far as the rest of this year I guess we will see

aman_13
12-17-2017, 11:31 PM
If it happens then you guys know that you're done

I can see Irving spinning the ball, drinking beer and kissing babies while scoring with ease. Then we will have articles about how Irving doesn't respect the Raptors and why the earth is actually flat.

WaDe03
12-17-2017, 11:47 PM
I want to the the Raptors va Celtics so hopefully the Cavs keep it up and move passed the Celtics for the 1st seed.

smith&wesson
12-18-2017, 12:57 AM
But that’s not what you said my man.. you said the Raptors are trying to sell their fan base that they are a 50 win team in the east and trying to make the semis. Well we don’t need much convincing as the team has won 50+ games several seasons in a row, and Boston becoming a “powerhouse” won’t change that alone. Also they’ve reached or surpassed the “semis” as well.

How have they surpassed the semis several seasons in a row if they have only been to one ECF?

I meant they have won 50+ seasons in a row and have already passed the semis.. I misworded it originally. my bad.

The poster I was quoting was stating that the franchise is selling us fans on a team that can reach the semis and win 50+ games .. my point was they've done both already.

Legitimate
12-18-2017, 02:52 AM
I don't know man but derozan actually passes the ball now and trust his teammates, so teams can't just easily game plan on a one dimensional offense anymore... this team way different, this one of the best benches that the league has seen in awhile and all this talk about other teams young players but what about the raps and theirs? we got OG as our starting sf and he would be a rookie of year candidate if he was on another team but he is our 5-7 option because our team has so much depth! we are twice as better as a team than when we made it to semi's so to say that we don't have have a chance to make it to the finals within the next 2-3 years is ignorant.

pebloemer
12-18-2017, 09:32 AM
I want to the the Raptors va Celtics so hopefully the Cavs keep it up and move passed the Celtics for the 1st seed.

I feel like that would be a really fun series to watch.

Toxeryll
12-18-2017, 03:13 PM
If it happens then you guys know that we're done

fixed it for ya ;)

Tg11
12-19-2017, 09:36 AM
Another reason why the Raptors don't get respect or will never get it in the NBA is because they are not only from Canada but they have never won an NBA Championship and until they do they will never get the respect they deserve

Because flat out they haven't earned it

smith&wesson
12-19-2017, 09:47 AM
A lot of teams in the nba have never won a championship 😂

Tg11
12-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Exactly my point and that is why they will never be on that echelon of teams who have won titles because see the teams who have won titles like the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Heat, Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Mavs even, Pistons, etc. those are the most respected teams in the league and why? Because they have won multiple titles and have rich histories but the Raptors don't have that

They are not a storied franchise in this league nor have they won any titles that's my point

Until they do they will always be looked down upon by the NBA

ChongInc.
12-19-2017, 04:33 PM
theyre only a 20 year old franchise in the throws of the super team era - the canada thing is certainly a challenge though.

ChongInc.
12-19-2017, 04:49 PM
I will give credit they are having a good year so far but then again so have certain Raptors teams of the recent past and what happened right after? As far as the rest of this year I guess we will see

We've had a hell of a lot more post season success than this current Celtics team has had lol.

Tg11
12-19-2017, 04:55 PM
theyre only a 20 year old franchise in the throws of the super team era - the canada thing is certainly a challenge though.

Yeah but even so come on...you know that I am right because regardless the Raptors haven't won anything and probably their best chances at winning a title were 2016 where they made it to the ECF or even in 2001 back during the Carter Era

ChongInc.
12-19-2017, 06:12 PM
Yeah but even so come on...you know that I am right because regardless the Raptors haven't won anything and probably their best chances at winning a title were 2016 where they made it to the ECF or even in 2001 back during the Carter Era

I disagree. That Carter team would have faired about as good as Philly did. Our best chance to win anything is this season and the next 2 seasons. In 2016 they were just wetting their feet. The team was far from complete. The only thing that kept them alive that season was their will to win.

GodsSon
12-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Whenever the Raps next land a superstar in the draft (cause it will happen), this is the type of person from TO that will be at the front of the line to jump on the bandwagon. Wave riders.

I already know how it goes.

Scoots
12-20-2017, 02:33 PM
I like the Raps and their coach and the way they play ... but I'm wary having seen too many collapses. Let's see if this year is different.

Toxeryll
12-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Whenever the Raps next land a superstar in the draft (cause it will happen), this is the type of person from TO that will be at the front of the line to jump on the bandwagon. Wave riders.

Exactly 😂

ChongInc.
12-21-2017, 05:09 AM
I like the Raps and their coach and the way they play ... but I'm wary having seen too many collapses. Let's see if this year is different.

There was only one collapse. That series against Washington. Losing to the Cavs isn't a collapse. There was no shame losing to Jordan and the bulls.

One Nut Kruk
12-21-2017, 08:56 PM

It’s like that in Toronto for every sport.

SRT4SS
12-26-2017, 09:57 AM
The #1 seed in the east doesn't belong to Boston or Cleveland

Tg11
12-26-2017, 10:30 AM
Raptors are #1 in the East for now...stress the word for now because it won't last and honestly the only reason why they are in that position is because both Boston and Cleveland have lost games

GodsSon
12-26-2017, 12:15 PM
1st in the East and not a single thread about them on the main page.

That is all. Discuss :)

DanG
12-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Played against bad teams, I believe their record against .500+ teams isn't good. Good team, but we've been in this situation before already.

warfelg
12-26-2017, 12:42 PM
Good regular season team. We know this.

IndyRealist
12-26-2017, 12:43 PM
False.
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?931661-Respect-around-the-league-and-Raptors

One Nut Kruk
12-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Raptors are #1 in the East for now...stress the word for now because it won't last and honestly the only reason why they are in that position is because both Boston and Cleveland have lost games

That’s not the only reason whatsoever. The Raptors have had to win games as well as those teams losing in order to take over 1st. That’s usually the way it works. What an odd post.

aman_13
12-26-2017, 12:47 PM
Yeah you could of just bumped the other Raps thread lol.

IndyRealist
12-26-2017, 12:49 PM
As of today:
"Easiest schedules so far: 1. Houston, 2. Cleveland, 3. Boston"

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/#/

bootsy
12-26-2017, 12:56 PM
1st in the East and not a single thread about them on the main page.

That is all. Discuss :)

Who cares. Be 1st in the East in June not the day after Christmas. Until then, they won't get any love and they shouldn't.

mike_noodles
12-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Who cares. Be 1st in the East in June not the day after Christmas. Until then, they won't get any love and they shouldn't.

Agreed.

TO Rapz
12-26-2017, 01:27 PM
To be fair.. Im the biggest raptor critic there is (even as a fan). I couldn't stand that style of basketball we were playing and I got kind of sick of it. This years team is actually better and has a higher chance to do something in the playoffs. They play good D and move the ball. They've somewhat surprisingly become "modernized" and Derozan of late has started hitting 3s...

Chronz
12-26-2017, 01:44 PM
It's true, they are scary this year

WaDe03
12-26-2017, 01:58 PM
Good regular season team, get swept by the Cavs in the playoffs. That's the every year theme. I will say I think they can beat the Celtics and maybe the Wizards.

Cavs
Raptors/Wizards/healthy Bucks
Celtics

Giannis94
12-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Good regular season team, get swept by the Cavs in the playoffs. That's the every year theme. I will say I think they can beat the Celtics and maybe the Wizards.

Cavs
Celtics

Bucks can climb past the wiz with A. Jabari and B. Firing Jkidd. Like I've said in the past. I'd take MTM over him any day.. But MTM gets a top 3 payer in the league so I expect great results if he takes over.

WaDe03
12-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Bucks can climb past the wiz with A. Jabari and B. Firing Jkidd. Like I've said in the past. I'd take MTM over him any day.. But MTM gets a top 3 payer in the league so I expect great results if he takes over.

Those 3 are just in a group together, no order. It's Cavs clearly above the rest but any of you 3 could be 2nd.

Giannis94
12-26-2017, 02:13 PM
Those 3 are just in a group together, no order. It's Cavs clearly above the rest but any of you 3 could be 2nd.

Could also end up 8 bc of kidd. Wouldn't put anything past him and his turrrrrrrrrible rotations and general stupidity

WaDe03
12-26-2017, 02:15 PM
Could also end up 8 bc of kidd. Wouldn't put anything past him and his turrrrrrrrrible rotations and general stupidity

Nah you all will be fine. You'll finish top 5 at the least.

Giannis94
12-26-2017, 02:37 PM
Nah you all will be fine. You'll finish top 5 at the least.

You really underestimate how terrible he is.

bucketss
12-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Good regular season team, get swept by the Cavs in the playoffs. That's the every year theme.

that only happened once, and it was probably due to kyle lowry getting injured in game 2.

lol, please
12-26-2017, 03:59 PM
To be fair.. Im the biggest raptor critic there is (even as a fan). I couldn't stand that style of basketball we were playing and I got kind of sick of it. This years team is actually better and has a higher chance to do something in the playoffs. They play good D and move the ball. They've somewhat surprisingly become "modernized" and Derozan of late has started hitting 3s...It's not the only way to win in the NBA and I'm tired of hearing people act like there is only one formula and everything else is outdated.

That said, love how the Raptors are finally making it work after all the verbal checks I've written on their behalf lol

Raps18-19 Champ
12-26-2017, 07:26 PM
There was already a Raptors thread.

We are 7-7 against teams .500 and above as well, which is solid but not top tier.

R. Johnson#3
12-26-2017, 07:40 PM
It's going to be great in the playoffs when people will actually watch the Raptors and see what Raptor fans have been saying this year. This thread really shows how nobody really watches the games anymore.

Heediot
12-26-2017, 08:11 PM
It's going to be great in the playoffs when people will actually watch the Raptors and see what Raptor fans have been saying this year. This thread really shows how nobody really watches the games anymore.

Ball movement and style have play have change. Still they are not on the GS and Spurs (of past) level of ball movement where it'll overcome the opposition. That's why ATL of recent didn't amount to much when it mattered either. I don't think they have the big time shot makers to make it past the ECF, which is what the Hawks lacked when defenses clamped down.

ChongInc.
12-26-2017, 09:17 PM
Hawks we're never on the raptors level. The Hawks during their good season we're at the level the raptors hit after the gay trade.

I'll say this once more and everyone can learn it for themselves. The wizards aren't near the level of Toronto Cavs and Boston. They're closer to milwakee I. That they have talent but aren't winners.

Cavs
Toronto (until they manage to beat the Cavs in the playoffs)
Boston
Washington and milwakee
Everyone else.

Being in first place at the end of the season is absolutely key for tonronto's playoff hopes because it will mean an easy road that will involve the weak *** wiz and a heated Boston/cavs series right before Toronto in the finals. Irving/LeBron are the 2 most overused stars in the league and hopefully they will be a little gassed by the time they get to Toronto.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-26-2017, 09:44 PM
Hawks won over 60 games like 2 seasons ago. Think it's a bit of a reach to say they couldn't match the level of the Raptors outside of when we traded Rudy Gay.

WaDe03
12-26-2017, 11:04 PM
Hawks won over 60 games like 2 seasons ago. Think it's a bit of a reach to say they couldn't match the level of the Raptors outside of when we traded Rudy Gay.

You told me you were a Lakers fan!

lol, please
12-26-2017, 11:45 PM
You told me you were a Lakers fan![emoji23]

Bostonjorge
12-27-2017, 12:11 AM
Raptors just gave the tanking Mavericks there 10th win.

Vee-Rex
12-27-2017, 12:53 AM

And they play in OKC tomorrow for a road b2b.

goingfor28
12-27-2017, 01:01 AM
Won't make it past the 2nd rd, per the norm. It's just who they are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
12-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Sh!+ happens. It's a long season.

smith&wesson
12-27-2017, 11:07 AM
Won't make it past the 2nd rd, per the norm. It's just who they are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Again they’ve already passed the 2nd round with this group.

Ppl just don’t know their facts and spew out pro garbage daily ..

prodigy
12-31-2017, 03:26 PM

you lose to the Cavs every year. Plain and simple. Make it to the finals and Raps will get respect.

lol, please
12-31-2017, 04:16 PM

Ppl just don’t know their facts and spew out pro garbage daily ..Exactly this lol. Always laugh when I hear first round exit type comments from Raptors critics

Scoots
12-31-2017, 05:16 PM

Ppl just don’t know their facts and spew out pro garbage daily ..

They are playing well, some of the roster changes really helped, but until they get there they are still the playoff underperformers from the past.

bucketss
01-01-2018, 12:41 AM
you lose to the Cavs every year. Plain and simple. Make it to the finals and Raps will get respect.

everyone in the east loses to the cavs every year. the whole east has been losing to lebron for 7 straight years,

Tg11
01-01-2018, 04:21 PM
They are playing well, some of the roster changes really helped, but until they get there they are still the playoff underperformers from the past.

My exact sentiments in that the Raptors in the playoffs are perennial underacheivers and it has been proven every time every single year in the playoffs. Am I right or am I wrong?

ewing
01-01-2018, 04:24 PM
everyone in the east loses to the cavs every year. the whole east has been losing to the cavs for 7 straight years,

its a one team conference.

lol, please
01-01-2018, 04:37 PM
My exact sentiments in that the Raptors in the playoffs are perennial underacheivers and it has been proven every time every single year in the playoffs. Am I right or am I wrong?Youre wrong. They reached the ECF which was a first in franchise history. That, and the fact they didn't do it the year prior means they overachieved, or at the very least met expectations.

They underachieved to me that year but that's only because I have them pegged with finals appearances for the last 3 seasons (more hope than projection, but it wouldn't be me if I wasn't making bold statements left and right).

Tg11
01-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Youre wrong. They reached the ECF which was a first in franchise history. That, and the fact they didn't do it the year prior means they overachieved, or at the very least met expectations.

They underachieved to me that year but that's only because I have them pegged with finals appearances for the last 3 seasons (more hope than projection, but it wouldn't be me if I wasn't making bold statements left and right).

However, this year in a packed conference come playoff time I can't see the Raptors doing business or handling business. I guess it will all depend on who they get in the playoffs first round because I don't hold that much hope for the Raptors any way. Even if they do manage to get past 1st round they will most likely have to go up against my Celtics or even the Cavs again and no way Raptors can beat Cleveland or Boston depending on who they face.

I mean Cleveland once they get Isaiah playing for them they will be downright scary and if they trade for DeAndre Jordan then no way can the Raptors beat Cleveland. Then again I hear Raptors are one of the teams in the running to get DeAndre Jordan because it is them, Milwaukee, Washington and Minnesota as they are the front runners.

However, I do hope for a Raptors-Celtics series and why? Just so we can shut up all the Raptor fans when we beat you guys if it happens.

GodsSon
01-01-2018, 11:14 PM
DeRozan just feasted on the Bucks to the tune of 52/5/8. A new franchise record.

Put some respect on that!!

Tg11
01-01-2018, 11:19 PM
DeRozan just feasted on the Bucks to the tune of 52/5/8. A new franchise record.

Put some respect on that!!

Yeah I will admit this is his what first 50 pt game in his career but what has he done for the Raptors lately? 52 points is great in itself but only for what 1 game if he were to do it more consistently then yeah I would give him more respect.

Scoots
01-01-2018, 11:22 PM
My exact sentiments in that the Raptors in the playoffs are perennial underacheivers and it has been proven every time every single year in the playoffs. Am I right or am I wrong?

But the past doesn't mean that will happen again. The team has finally changed their offense and the team is playing a much more resilient style now. But again, we only have to wait and see what happens and see if they revert under pressure.

Tg11
01-01-2018, 11:27 PM
But the past doesn't mean that will happen again. The team has finally changed their offense and the team is playing a much more resilient style now. But again, we only have to wait and see what happens and see if they revert under pressure.

They will revert under pressure because they always do because let's face it they are strictly a regular season team but when it comes to the playoffs they always crumble

bucketss
01-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Yeah I will admit this is his what first 50 pt game in his career but what has he done for the Raptors lately? 52 points is great in itself but only for what 1 game if he were to do it more consistently then yeah I would give him more respect.

yeah demar is so bad for not dropping 50's consistently even though hes been one of the top scorers in the league past few years :rolleyes:

aman_13
01-01-2018, 11:30 PM
You will admit that this is his first 50 point game? What?

Can the mods close this thread?

GodsSon
01-01-2018, 11:37 PM

Bro, you're just a HATER

Now eat it.

lol, please
01-01-2018, 11:40 PM

Put some respect on that!!:worthy:

GodsSon
01-01-2018, 11:40 PM

Making it to the ECF and taking two from the Cavs is considered a perennial underachiever?

LOL @ you

Tg11
01-01-2018, 11:44 PM
Making it to the ECF and taking two from the Cavs is considered a perennial underachiever?

LOL @ you

Until they win a world title they will always be considered a perennial underacheiver

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-02-2018, 01:42 PM
DD and Lowry always been a great regular season team. Totally different team come playoffs. If Middleton would of covered Lowry in the final seconds in regulation instead of double teaming DD. Raptors never got over time. Also then over time Giannis didn't get the ball for how long. #FireKidd But good game. Parker sent back to G-league Herd team for practices. He will be rocking come playoffs.

WaDe03
01-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Until they win a world title they will always be considered a perennial underacheiver

Well they're not the favorites to win the championship any year so technically they're not underachieving.

pebloemer
01-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Well they're not the favorites to win the championship any year so technically they're not underachieving.

This. If anything I think you can argue they've consistently overachieved with this core or at least met expectations. Seeing as the expectations have never been that they are a favourite (or even capable) of beating the Cavaliers in a playoff series. They've pretty much done as much or more than has been expected of them. Which in my mind is a reason they don't get a ton of respect. Most people feel this core has hit its ceiling already.

Thankfully for us Raptors fans that tune in every game, they've been playing a more engaging and inclusive brand of basketball this year with lots of younger pieces contributing.

Scoots
01-02-2018, 03:11 PM
This. If anything I think you can argue they've consistently overachieved with this core or at least met expectations. Seeing as the expectations have never been that they are a favourite (or even capable) of beating the Cavaliers in a playoff series. They've pretty much done as much or more than has been expected of them. Which in my mind is a reason they don't get a ton of respect. Most people feel this core has hit its ceiling already.

Thankfully for us Raptors fans that tune in every game, they've been playing a more engaging and inclusive brand of basketball this year with lots of younger pieces contributing.

I'd say they over-achieve considering every year in the off-season pundits talk about their players lost and very little about players added, yet every year they win a lot of games people expect them to lose. I think the issue has been that their offense was not built for the playoffs, but that is less true this year.

WaDe03
01-02-2018, 05:16 PM
I remember when majority of Raptors fans wanted DD gone and were on Lowrys dick. Now DD is clear as day the best player and now viewed as the greatest player in franchise history lol! This was 2016 in the playoffs against the Miami Wades.

bucketss
01-02-2018, 11:07 PM
I remember when majority of Raptors fans wanted DD gone and were on Lowrys dick. Now DD is clear as day the best player and now viewed as the greatest player in franchise history lol! This was 2016 in the playoffs against the Miami Wades.

, i remember some saying they would rather have nic batum, aaron aflalo i think i even heard gerald hendersens name once on twitter a few years back.

lol, please
01-02-2018, 11:39 PM
, i remember some saying they would rather have nic batum, aaron aflalo i think i even hear gerald hendersens name once on twitter a few years back.Laughable lol. Hope one of them wasn't rapz0809champz.

lol, please
Until they win a world title they will always be considered a perennial underacheiverThe only team you can say that for is the Warriors.

lol, please

LOL @ youWell said. Great post.

pebloemer
01-03-2018, 12:05 AM

, i remember some saying they would rather have nic batum, aaron aflalo i think i even heard gerald hendersens name once on twitter a few years back.

I include myself in this. His improvement has been gradual, but there was always an expectation it would peak or had peaked. Always loved the person, the character, work ethic, etc. I couldn't be happier he is proving many amateur (like myself) and professional critics wrong.

Legitimate
01-03-2018, 01:34 AM
all we need is home field advantage in the playoffs to do some serious damage in the playoffs and prove all the haters wrong and as it stands right now we got the best home record in the league. Coming off a solid win over the bucks this team is showing no signs of slowing down. I'm calling it right now another conference finals appearance in the books, bron bron will get dethroned by this hungry rap squad mark my words if not this year than probably next year, still got a solid chance and the only chance of defeating lebron than any other eastern conference team :).

Lebron will be slowing down and our rookies and softmores will get better, we probably draft a couple dimes maybe lure in another star and most importantly Derozan will be in his prime! raps deserve way more respect thatn what we get, any other over hyped team large market team would of pegged the raps as nothing short of a finals appearance and best team in the league (see LA lakers when they thougght bynum was best center in league or knicks when they thought shumpert was borderline all star and melo was a superstar)...etc etc. everyones just overhyped and no bite, just because the raps are never on national television,we made the playofffs like 8 years in a row and made a conference finals appearance and only lost to bron because he had home court advantage (we won every game at home that series btw :) ).. Derozan is actually passing the ball this season, whole team is sharing the rock, our offense will be beast mode borderline goldenstate style in the playoffs, i don't see any team beating us in the first round and only cavs in the 2nd around but we probably play boston and beat them. I would be more scared of IT in the playoffs than kyrie to be honest.. but thats just me.

all these big market teams are just so overhyped, man they got no substance, what about the raps, when they actually put in work they deserve way more respect than they recieve, we don't got a superstar, derozan might be that guy next year if he can improve his defense and passing ability with all our young players getting better and lebron finally declining, we got a solid shot at making our first final apperance, now put that in your pipe and smoke it overhyped teams.

Legitimate
01-03-2018, 01:56 AM
Derozan is having an elite offensive year too this time around. he's averaging 5 assist a game! whats the knock on him next to get respect around the league? he was just a ball hog with no 3 point shot in the past by most of these bandwagon fans of these over hyped teams. he's way better than melo in his prime, then why was melo considered a superstar? because most stars in big market teams are just overhyped.

All it takes is our mastermind gm to make a call to OKC about paul george in the offseason once they know he won't commit long term with them. we got more than enough assets to trade for him that would benefit OKC immensly, even if it is just for a rental of george but we would definetly make our first finals apperance and who knows maybe he'll like it over here and resign long term to create one of the best back courts in the league , who knows maybe he'll like actually be on a winning team and having a cake walk to the finals every year, we would be a lot better than that pacers team he was on, OKC might not even make the playoffs either lol. sure boston has more assests than us, but they would get hosed by presti and milk all of bostons assests and they would probably be better off without even trading for him, meanwhile masai would be the only one to make a half decent trade and probably get the better end of the deal. OKC can lose george for nothing, better off to trade with the raps and get some solid players and picks in a deal, teams always lose star players for nothing when they can make a fast rebuild or they can just suck for 7 years like philly and still suck with all those draft picks. lol. my rant of the day

Legitimate
01-03-2018, 02:25 AM
philly done traded all there lottery picks for 2nd around picks and scrubs lol. there gonna suck for another 4 years then embid will either be retired from injuries or bolt lol. our gm always makes the best move possible for the team, we aren't even over the cap as i recall, this team would go over the cap for a championship contender i believe. our worst player in our backcourt is probably normal powell who we just inked for 10 mill per season, he would be a starter in the league on most teams, thats how much depth we have. anuoby and poetl will be groomed into stars in this league so this team will always be competitive. man our farm system is the best in the league, even better than philly IMO, atleast we didn't draft bust, masai would never do that. he took a chance on bruno cabolco in the past and he just lead the raps 905 to the d league crown lol. we have so much depth on this team we can't even get him some burn lol, the brazillian kevin durant :D. we hose every team we trade with, as long as masai is our gm we will always be a top 5-10 team even on a down year. Man ibaka was a damn good trade for us too, his long range jimmy is so sexy, i swear he always nails it when he's wide open and in a league where your big man has to have range, he's emerged as one of the best shooting big man in the league with avg defense, which is why i wouldn't mind a defensive anchor at the 5 but oh well can't be perfecct.

One Nut Kruk
01-03-2018, 03:13 AM
Settle down. They don’t deserve any more respect than they get. If they ever do anything when it matters, they’ll get that respect.

Legitimate
01-03-2018, 03:13 AM
DD and Lowry always been a great regular season team. Totally different team come playoffs. If Middleton would of covered Lowry in the final seconds in regulation instead of double teaming DD. Raptors never got over time. Also then over time Giannis didn't get the ball for how long. #FireKidd But good game. Parker sent back to G-league Herd team for practices. He will be rocking come playoffs.

lol excuses excuses. your team sent parker to the g league lol....... man bledsoe and giannas still got smoked. lol so parker fresh out of playing at the little kids park is suppose to save your team? koff man your gonna make me spit out my coffee..lol

Legitimate
01-03-2018, 03:15 AM

lol yes and dwade is going to win finals mvp off the bench this year, mission impossible style....hahaha

Legitimate
01-03-2018, 03:25 AM
Settle down. They don’t deserve any more respect than they get. If they ever do anything when it matters, they’ll get that respect.

so a philadelphia team that made the playoffs over 10 years ago, with a different gm and coach and without a.i in his prime stilll deserves more respect than the raps? times change man get with the program! stop living in the past. thats why i labeled this respect 'around the league' if this was philly with the same team media would of pegged them as perenial championship contenders hahaha, not fair at all. were not a regular season team anymore, thought we all told you that, and your still spewing garbage. philly is nothing but hasbeens so why do they get more respect than the raps haha.

One Nut Kruk
01-03-2018, 06:20 AM
Where did I say Philly deserves more respect? I’m not even a Philly fan. And yes, until you do something in the playoffs, a regular season team is exactly what you are. And spewing garbage is exactly what all this nonsense you just posted is. You’re making yourself look like quite the genius here.

prodigy
01-03-2018, 10:15 AM
everyone in the east loses to the cavs every year. the whole east has been losing to lebron for 7 straight years,

Yup. So once a team beats him they will get the respect.

WaDe03
01-03-2018, 10:24 AM
lol yes and dwade is going to win finals mvp off the bench this year, mission impossible style....hahaha

Never doubt the GOAT!

WaDe03
01-03-2018, 10:25 AM

Damn lol!

Vinylman
01-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Raptors... GOAT...

at nothing

lol, please
01-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Raptors... GOAT...

at nothingMost teams in the NBA are GOATS at nothing.

Other than the Lakers, Celtics, Warriors, and Bulls, how many franchises can claim goat anything? Lmao.

Vee-Rex
01-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Most teams in the NBA are GOATS at nothing.

Other than the Lakers, Celtics, Warriors, and Bulls, how many franchises can claim goat anything? Lmao.

Spurs?

lol, please
01-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Spurs?

Good call. Not much after that though.

One Nut Kruk
01-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Most teams in the NBA are GOATS at nothing.

GOAT might not have been the best term to use but as a franchise, they haven’t really done f all which is likely why non Raptor fans are wondering where all this cry for respect is coming from.

lol, please
01-03-2018, 08:55 PM
GOAT might not have been the best term to use but as a franchise, they haven’t really done f all which is likely why non Raptor fans are wondering where all this cry for respect is coming from.It's fair if we only look at it at a high level and say, where are the finals appearances? That's simply not a fair barometer if they weren't projected to make the finals beforehand.

Raptors fans and apologists want respect because if you're paying attention, they are playing better in every measurable way than the previous season and the one before that.

It's no different than when we warriors fans wanted respect as we were rising to greatness in the Jackson era. WE knew what was around the corner. So did most unbiased minds paying attention.

Sure, you can say: nah, I'll wait til they actually make it to the finals.

That's cool, and it's the safe, "educated" choice, the less risky one. But don't be upset when we come stuffing crow down your throat the day it happens, because you were given every chance to buy in early and be a part of that same prediction.

One Nut Kruk
01-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Personally, I don’t really give a rats *** what they do so you can try to stuff crow down my throat all you want, I won’t be dining.

They aren’t going to get respect until they do something. That’s how it works. Homers making annual predictions until they finally get good don’t mean squat to me.

lol, please
01-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Personally, I don’t really give a rats *** what they do so you can try to stuff crow down my throat all you want, I won’t be dining.

They aren’t going to get respect until they do something. That’s how it works. Homers making annual predictions until they finally get good don’t mean squat to me.It's not random and baseless though.

Warriors were hyped for good reason. Raptors deserve the same hype for similar reasons.

And making the ECF is something. You crawl then walk then run, teams have different goals year in and year out and different teams measure success for the season differently. You can say "finals or bust" but that only really applies to 3 teams, tops. Most teams can't realistically aim for the finals unless they sneak in the playoffs where anyone can win.

You'll eat that crow alright if it happens, I'll be here with spoon, and bib in hand. ;)

One Nut Kruk
01-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Deserve the same hype as the Warriors lmao. Boy your name is fitting.

Vee-Rex
01-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Deserve the same hype as the Warriors lmao. Boy your name is fitting.

We're used to it. The same way he hypes the Raps is how he hyped the Hawks in 2015. He was all over their balls. Now it's the Raps. He chooses any top East team without LeBron - he hates Bron with a passion.

I imagine the only reason he doesn't hype the Celtics is because he was a die hard Lakers fan a few years ago.

Thus ends my report/analysis.

One Nut Kruk
01-03-2018, 10:30 PM
I see. Good to know. Must be related to Edush or whatever his name is.

Cal827
01-03-2018, 10:59 PM
In a general sense, I agree with lolplease.... Until you win something, you won't really be discussed.

And it counts for the 2010s as well. When you win titles, or are at least competitive in the finals, you get respect. To me, the Raptors and the Rockets are each others current doppelganger. Since the 2010s had started, both teams have been able to restructure themselves and have very good teams... But so far, both teams have just proven shown that won't be able to make the finals, as they will end up playing a team like the Cavaliers, or in Houston's case, San Antonio and Golden State.

Last year, them team made amendments to their roster as an attempt to be able to beat Cleveland, or at the very least, make it a very competitive series that should go 6 or 7 games. Instead, they didn't appear ready (after a somewhat shaky clinching game vs the Bucks), and got blasted out in 4 games. This one bothered me worse than the Wizards series, because at least with that one, the team was still fairly young and not as experienced as they were last year.

When some fans are thinking of playoff scenarios where you hope that a team gets eliminated so your team doesn't have to play them, then I can understand why the team doesn't get the respect. Fans shouldn't be outright fearing anyone they need to play, I don't care that Lebron James is on the other team :laugh2:

I hope that the team is ready for the playoffs this year, and is able to knock out the teams that are getting more attention, whether it's the current media darling in Boston (which came through trades, I don't the attention was garnered through their records), or the East heavy weight, Cleveland. If they take down either of the two, then they'll receive the appropriate respect. Otherwise, they might end up as the Pacers or Thunder 5 years ago: Great seasons, but never really able to achieve the primary goal (I know the Thunder got to the finals once, but I think you get my point :laugh2: )

Then again, everyone basically assumed that Lebron's Heat would run through the pacers anyways, even when they had HCA in the Eastern conference. I can imagine that Pacer fans were saying similar to some of us half a decade ago.

Vee-Rex
01-03-2018, 11:07 PM
I see. Good to know. Must be related to Edush or whatever his name is.

yah that's a really good comparison

WaDe03
01-03-2018, 11:14 PM
yah that's a really good comparison

RIP to eDush by the way.

lol, please
01-03-2018, 11:54 PM
We're used to it. The same way he hypes the Raps is how he hyped the Hawks in 2015. He was all over their balls. Now it's the Raps. He chooses any top East team without LeBron - he hates Bron with a passion.

I imagine the only reason he doesn't hype the Celtics is because he was a die hard Lakers fan a few years ago.

Thus ends my report/analysis.The hawks?

I've never been fond of that team lol. You drunk vee-rex?

One Nut Kruk
01-03-2018, 11:55 PM
In a general sense, I agree with lolplease.... Until you win something, you won't really be discussed.

If that’s the case, then shouldn’t you disagree with him? He thinks they should be respected and talked about based on moderate improvement.

One Nut Kruk
01-04-2018, 12:22 AM
RIP to eDush by the way.

Where’s that bird been?

lol, please
01-04-2018, 12:29 AM
Where’s that bird been?Haven't seen those emoticon filled posts in a while lol.

Might be in the Giants or Cubs forums discussing off season stuff

One Nut Kruk
01-04-2018, 12:31 AM
:nod:

WaDe03
01-04-2018, 01:03 AM
Trust me. :nod: :clap: :dance:

lol, please
01-04-2018, 01:42 AM
Trust me. :nod: :clap: :dance:When he first started posting he would always finish his posts with

Go Giants!

Or whatever the team in question was, and it would drive the daily posters absolutely crazy lol when it was combined with whatever crazy stuff was posted with it

[emoji23]

bagwell368
01-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Well, right here on PSD, at this time, the Raptors are getting more attention then the Celts who just handily beat the Cavs last night...

WaDe03
01-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Well, right here on PSD, at this time, the Raptors are getting more attention then the Celts who just handily beat the Cavs last night...

Neither are pushing the Cavs more than 6 in a series though. Doubt they make it more than 5.

lol, please
01-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Neither are pushing the Cavs more than 6 in a series though. Doubt they make it more than 5.
lol a few seasons ago i'd say that's a safe assumption. Not now.

WaDe03
01-04-2018, 05:20 PM
lol a few seasons ago i'd say that's a safe assumption. Not now.

No you wouldn't lol! You were still saying the Raptors or Hawks!

Legitimate
01-05-2018, 12:14 AM
No you wouldn't lol! You were still saying the Raptors or Hawks!

I see you taking a bunch of jabs at raps fans, what team are you going to bandwagon on to next once wade retires next year because he's trash? lol your just a typical bandwagon fan, i've been with raps since they drafted vince and i been with them since thicck and thin, now there one of the best.

Edit: I bet you were orginally claiming to be a die hard heat fan in the past, then lebron bolted and you just stopped watching miami games, then you crawled out your man cave once dwade got bought out and then you were so happy to have a reason to ride lebrons #### one last time before he bolts again, LOL.

lol, please
01-05-2018, 01:08 AM
I see you taking a bunch of jabs at raps fans, what team are you going to bandwagon on to next once wade retires next year because he's trash? lol your just a typical bandwagon fan, i've been with raps since they drafted vince and i been with them since thicck and thin, now there one of the best.

Edit: I bet you were orginally claiming to be a die hard heat fan in the past, then lebron bolted and you just stopped watching miami games, then you crawled out your man cave once dwade got bought out and then you were so happy to have a reason to ride lebrons #### one last time before he bolts again, LOL.
:laugh:

Legitimate
01-05-2018, 07:56 AM

Kyle Lowry:

DeMar DeRozan:

Derozan still lead them to the conference finals :shrug:

Poised and more hungrier this year, super saiyan mode activated. Thanks to improving his passing and 3 point shot in the off season :superman:

prodigy
01-05-2018, 10:21 AM

Relax lol, Kevin love whos having his best season as a cav was like 0-7 then got hurt. Also Thomas is still out and o ya its mid-season you know cavs don't care much. Celtics played their butts off give them props. But it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Irving knows best because he was on the cavs last season when they would lose quite a bit. it never mattered they made it to finals uncontested anyway.

Until a team beats LeBron and the Cavs when it matters they are still the clear fav.

WaDe03
01-05-2018, 10:33 AM

How did I take a jab at Raptors fans? Shut that **** up! Don't come at me with some BS if your teams franchise history isn't as great as Wades history! 0 finals appearances lmao! Some people on here talk out the side of their neck because they have a decent team now but the fact is you all are going to get dogged in the playoffs as usual. I hope your username isn't talking about the Raptors because to be honest, nothing about them is legitimate.

WaDe03
01-05-2018, 10:34 AM
:laugh:

Don't hype up the bottom feeders. From now on you and I don't communicate with fans of teams that don't have a finals appearance.

One Nut Kruk
01-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Don't hype up the bottom feeders. From now on you and I don't communicate with fans of teams that don't have a finals appearance.

But he can see it coming. Jump on that bandwagon now so you can shove crow down everyone’s throat when it happens !

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-05-2018, 10:44 AM

WaDe03
01-05-2018, 10:46 AM
But he can see it coming. Jump on that bandwagon now so you can shove crow down everyone’s throat when it happens !

Haha you know what? You're right! Raptors will be so dominant in the playoffs and win the championship!

Tg11
01-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Haha you know what? You're right! Raptors will be so dominant in the playoffs and win the championship!

That won't happen it will never happen especially with 2 superior teams in the East like the Celtics and Cavs...no way especially when those 2 teams heat up there is no stopping either one of them and now the Cavs will look even more dangerous now that Isaiah Thomas is finally playing for them now...LeBron, IT, Love, Smith, Crowder, Wade, etc. enough said

Just like my Celtics we have Kyrie carrying us on his back along with other role players like Brown, Rozier III, Horford, etc. and we have the best coached team or one of the best coached teams in the league defensively but also when we turn it on offensively too we are damn near hard to stop

Raptors depend on DeRozan and Lowry...yeah in the regular season they turn it on no question but in the playoffs they usually crumble

Raptors fans say that they don't crumble in the playoffs when usually it has been proven that they do...they are a different team in the playoffs

prodigy
01-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Anyone else notice when Irving was traded he talked about the Cavs play calling holding him back far as play making for others? talked about how he's a better passer and will show that with Brad Stevens play calling.

Irving is avg a career low in assists (as of last week) and not even having his best scoring season. lol. I know it don't mean much but made me laugh.

bucketss
01-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Anyone else notice when Irving was traded he talked about the Cavs play calling holding him back far as play making for others? talked about how he's a better passer and will show that with Brad Stevens play calling.

Irving is avg a career low in assists (as of last week) and not even having his best scoring season. lol. I know it don't mean much but made me laugh.

kyrie is a weird individual.

During a rare practice in the middle of last season, coach Tyronn Lue, who was standing next to assistant coach and Irving confidant Phil Handy, called out to his young point guard.

“Ky,” Lue said, “I want you to play a little faster.”

“Why?” Irving asked.

“Because if we play faster, we get shots off easier.”

“I don’t need to play faster to get my shot off,” Irving replied. “I can do that anytime.”

“I’m not talking about your shot. I’m talking about RJ and JR,” Lue said, citing teammates Richard Jefferson and Smith.

“Well, that’s No. 23’s job,” Irving replied, referring to James.

WaDe03
01-05-2018, 02:18 PM
That won't happen it will never happen especially with 2 superior teams in the East like the Celtics and Cavs...no way especially when those 2 teams heat up there is no stopping either one of them and now the Cavs will look even more dangerous now that Isaiah Thomas is finally playing for them now...LeBron, IT, Love, Smith, Crowder, Wade, etc. enough said

Just like my Celtics we have Kyrie carrying us on his back along with other role players like Brown, Rozier III, Horford, etc. and we have the best coached team or one of the best coached teams in the league defensively but also when we turn it on offensively too we are damn near hard to stop

Raptors depend on DeRozan and Lowry...yeah in the regular season they turn it on no question but in the playoffs they usually crumble

Raptors fans say that they don't crumble in the playoffs when usually it has been proven that they do...they are a different team in the playoffs

Yea my post was sarcasm. Their cieling is more than likely the 2nd round. If they aren't on the Cavs side of the bracket they may make it to the ECF.

bucketss
01-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Yea my post was sarcasm. Their cieling is more than likely the 2nd round. If they aren't on the Cavs side of the bracket they may make it to the ECF.

making it to the ecf is a huge accomplishment but raps will still be considered chokers if they do, meanwhile the wizards can continue getting knocked out in the 2nd round with no one questioning them lol

WaDe03
01-05-2018, 02:51 PM
making it to the ecf is a huge accomplishment but raps will still be considered chokers if they do, meanwhile the wizards can continue getting knocked out in the 2nd round with no one questioning them lol

Yea and I don't mean that as a knock lol I just see that as your cieling. You have a good point about the Wizards.

One Nut Kruk
01-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Well, is there anybody that cares about the Wizards?

Giannis94
01-13-2018, 09:46 PM
81-54 at half. Wherw the m respekt?!?!

lol, please
01-13-2018, 09:51 PM
81-54 at half. Wherw the m respekt?!?!The Raptors are for real. Just because the Warriors, the GOAT team, just had an AMAZING half, doesn't mean the Raptors suck.

Giannis94
01-13-2018, 09:55 PM
The Raptors are for real. Just because the Warriors, the GOAT team, just had an AMAZING half, doesn't mean the Raptors suck.

I'd too gone to do the calucl action. But 81-54 is a **** run of points.

Cal827
01-13-2018, 10:41 PM
Well, it's close now at least :laugh2:

lol, please
01-13-2018, 10:48 PM
I'd too gone to do the calucl action. But 81-54 is a **** run of points.And, it was a 1 point game before Curry hit that 3.

You were saying?

Giannis94
01-13-2018, 10:49 PM
And, it was a 1 point game before Curry hit that 3.

You were saying?

Cool story. Win the game and let's talk. Lose and my point stands. And u were saying..... Raptors are overrated. Better than the cabs. But that sint sayin much

Cal827
01-13-2018, 11:06 PM
Cool story. Win the game and let's talk. Lose and my point stands. And u were saying..... Raptors are overrated. Better than the cabs. But that sint sayin much

:laugh2: Didn't the Bucks lose to this team yesterday without Curry?

Also, were it Raptor fans that almost got you banned? I just noticed that you bumped thread up :laugh2:

Giannis94
01-13-2018, 11:17 PM
:laugh2: Didn't the Bucks lose to this team yesterday without Curry?

Also, were it Raptor fans that almost got you banned? I just noticed that you bumped thread up :laugh2:

Aint raptors fans. But in same conference. I yink

Toxeryll
01-14-2018, 01:33 AM

Overrated by who? I dont think anyone thinks Raps are better than the Warriors.

Love the bump man. Shows your inferiority complex.

R. Johnson#3
01-14-2018, 02:24 AM

Your original point is that the Raps were getting blown out but then they didn't get blown out. How does your point stand?

Jamiecballer
01-14-2018, 06:06 AM

i don't see how they could be overrated. they have an argument for being one of the top 3-4 teams in the NBA so far in the season. are right there with Golden State and Houston in differential, well ahead of the rest of the pack. and they are still given marginal respect. they have become a damn good team now despite the lack of a superstar. it's pretty refreshing in todays NBA.

Heediot
01-14-2018, 09:37 AM
with all the young pieces, I'd try and find a way to upgrade Lowry. He is only going to decline from here and what we've sen in the playoffs is dirt. I still have some faith in DD as he is still in his prime and he keeps showing improvement annualy. At minimum Raps should look at a Jonas Package for Marc.

Giannis94
01-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Sorry guys. I posted when having alcoholic beverages last night. I was in the wrong. Ps if you think I'm joking, check Scoots vm's

Jamiecballer
01-14-2018, 11:51 AM
with all the young pieces, I'd try and find a way to upgrade Lowry. He is only going to decline from here and what we've sen in the playoffs is dirt. I still have some faith in DD as he is still in his prime and he keeps showing improvement annualy. At minimum Raps should look at a Jonas Package for Marc.I feel like Jonas should be kept although I'd still like Gasol. In the postseason he's a damn fine offensive weapon for stretches especially if the shooting is cold. I'd try and trade Powell and 2 or 3 of Vanvleet, Poetle, Bebe, Siakam and/or picks. Unfortunately the only person on the bench whose value isn't up is the piece that has to be involved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

smith&wesson
01-14-2018, 12:37 PM
How did I take a jab at Raptors fans? Shut that **** up! Don't come at me with some BS if your teams franchise history isn't as great as Wades history! 0 finals appearances lmao! Some people on here talk out the side of their neck because they have a decent team now but the fact is you all are going to get dogged in the playoffs as usual. I hope your username isn't talking about the Raptors because to be honest, nothing about them is legitimate.

He’s right though you were just a raptors fan and now you’re not. So why are so emotional about getting called a bandwagon fan when that is the definition of one.

smith&wesson
01-14-2018, 12:43 PM

do you think raps fans just don’t remember you hopping on our dicks in our forum?? Lol hilarious.

Cal827
01-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Surprised that this wasn't bumped after the Cleveland win by anyone, mainly because I was watching ESPN report on the Cavs-Raptor game, and the reporters there illustrated much of the Raptor fans disdain. When discussing the loss, I don't recall them saying Raptors once. They just kept saying, the Cavs lost by 33, how are they going to adjust for Indiana, Isiah Thomas is rusty, Cleveland's defense being terrible, and if they have enough to beat Boston. Now, I know that Cleveland is the moneymaking team to the reporters b/c of Lebron, but you could at least mention that the Raptors once during the discussion :laugh2:

aman_13
01-14-2018, 03:49 PM
Surprised that this wasn't bumped after the Cleveland win by anyone, mainly because I was watching ESPN report on the Cavs-Raptor game, and the reporters there illustrated much of the Raptor fans disdain. When discussing the loss, I don't recall them saying Raptors once. They just kept saying, the Cavs lost by 33, how are they going to adjust for Indiana, Isiah Thomas is rusty, Cleveland's defense being terrible, and if they have enough to beat Boston. Now, I know that Cleveland is the moneymaking team to the reporters b/c of Lebron, but you could at least mention that the Raptors once during the discussion :laugh2:

This has become a troll thread and was bumped only to troll Raptor fans

It can be a worth while discussion if we start talking about the Neilson rating and Billups touched on the fact that they don't get to see Raptor games because they play in Canada. How does the 3rd or 4th largest market in the NBA get disguised as a small market team? The way NBA content is being distributed needs to change. Lots of fans are streaming now and ESPN and other networks need to adjust. This is a completely different discussion though.

Tg11
01-18-2018, 10:43 AM
Raps still get no respect and honestly why should they? I mean they keep losing annually to the Cavs in the playoffs but then again the Cavs are struggling right now and have all these distractions on the team but even then when Cleveland turns it on they are hard to stop

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 10:50 AM
do you think raps fans just don’t remember you hopping on our dicks in our forum?? Lol hilarious.

What the **** are you talking about?

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 10:51 AM
He’s right though you were just a raptors fan and now you’re not. So why are so emotional about getting called a bandwagon fan when that is the definition of one.

Again, what the **** are you talking about?

raps1524
01-18-2018, 01:54 PM
This narrative is just so stupid! Gimme a quick list of eastern teams that HAVENT been knocked out by the cavs ( or Lebron) .. or by a lesser team, I'll wait... gimme the list!

Tg11
01-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Well a lot of teams have been knocked out by Cleveland but come on in back to back years over and over again Raptors can't beat Cleveland and until they do they can never be considered a title contender

WaDe03
01-18-2018, 03:58 PM
No one in the East will ever be considered a title contender until they can beat the Cavs, not just the Raptors.

bucketss
01-18-2018, 04:05 PM
Well a lot of teams have been knocked out by Cleveland but come on in back to back years over and over again Raptors can't beat Cleveland and until they do they can never be considered a title contender

why are you obsessed with toronto? i just noticed you're from there, are you a former raps fan that has been heart broken too many times?

Tg11
01-18-2018, 04:15 PM
why are you obsessed with toronto? i just noticed you're from there, are you a former raps fan that has been heart broken too many times?

Obsessed hell to the no I hate the Raptors and I have never been a Raptors fan in my life...I have always lived to hate the Raptors I hate the Raptors

ChongInc.
01-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Sorry guys. I posted when having alcoholic beverages last night. I was in the wrong. Ps if you think I'm joking, check Scoots vm's

Respect.

lol, please
01-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Raps still get no respect and honestly why should they? I mean they keep losing annually to the Cavs in the playoffs but then again the Cavs are struggling right now and have all these distractions on the team but even then when Cleveland turns it on they are hard to stopBy that logic the Raptors should get the same attention as the Rockets, since the Rockets have been losing to the Warriors in the playoffs for 3 years in a row now.

Cal827
01-19-2018, 06:35 PM
By that logic the Raptors should get the same attention as the Rockets, since the Rockets have been losing to the Warriors in the playoffs for 3 years in a row now.

THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT!

I get that Harden will garner more attention than Derozan, because he's the better guard, but every time that I compare the Raptors to the Rockets, I end up pissing someone off. To me, they're essentially each other's dopplegangers in the two conferences, but jesus the hate I get for it :laugh2:

Giannis94
01-19-2018, 06:46 PM
THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT!

I get that Harden will garner more attention than Derozan, because he's the better guard, but every time that I compare the Raptors to the Rockets, I end up pissing someone off. To me, they're essentially each other's dopplegangers in the two conferences, but jesus the hate I get for it :laugh2:

I feel like it would be a fun 7 game set. And I feel like the Rockets are a bit overrated. I hope you guys don't mind. But I created a thread.

Cal827
01-19-2018, 06:59 PM
I feel like it would be a fun 7 game set. And I feel like the Rockets are a bit overrated. I hope you guys don't mind. But I created a thread.

:laugh2: I got a good feeling about that thread.

I don't mean that as a shot, just get ready for the invasion of the Raptors/Rocket Homers :laugh2:

Giannis94
01-19-2018, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=Cal827;32112695]:laugh2: I got a good feeling about that thread.

I don't mean that as a shot, just get ready for the invasion of the Raptors/Rocket Homers :laugh2:[/QUOTE

Exactly why I created it. And then you have ****s like me thst hate Harden for being a little p-y

Cal827
01-19-2018, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Cal827;32112695]:laugh2: I got a good feeling about that thread.

I don't mean that as a shot, just get ready for the invasion of the Raptors/Rocket Homers :laugh2:[/QUOTE

Exactly why I created it. And then you have ****s like me thst hate Harden for being a little p-y

:laugh2: can't wait to check on that thread later :D

KingPosey
01-19-2018, 07:42 PM

huh

Legitimate
02-15-2018, 08:41 PM
still noone talking about the raps and we are currently the number 1 seed with best bench and home record in the league.

mike_noodles
02-15-2018, 08:59 PM
still noone talking about the raps and we are currently the number 1 seed with best bench and home record in the league.

What is there to say. We all know what and where they are. The real season starts in April, not just for us, but for several other teams. The playoffs are the only determining factor when considering the success of this team.

LaVar Ball
02-15-2018, 09:03 PM
Raps will make it to conference finals but lose to Cleveland. That's pretty much it right there.

Vee-Rex
02-15-2018, 09:06 PM
https://image.ibb.co/jfo9d7/image.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWHAatJVwAAYPVA.jpg

Jamiecballer
02-15-2018, 09:21 PM
I think they made a big mistake standing pat at the deadline. I have been a huge fan for so long and the only reason they have pushed to the brink of being elite is because roster spots 5-12 are young, athletic and absolutely destroying their competition. But its not sustainable beyond this season - maybe next. Players will be poached, either for more money or bigger opportunities. And when that happens you are left with a pair of stars that are not elite enough, right back where you started. The time to change that was this year when you could parlay that youth and draft picks into something bigger.

Legitimate
02-15-2018, 09:27 PM
I think they made a big mistake standing pat at the deadline. I have been a huge fan for so long and the only reason they have pushed to the brink of being elite is because roster spots 5-12 are young, athletic and absolutely destroying their competition. But its not sustainable beyond this season - maybe next. Players will be poached, either for more money or bigger opportunities. And when that happens you are left with a pair of stars that are not elite enough, right back where you started. The time to change that was this year when you could parlay that youth and draft picks into something bigger.

replace ibaka and lowry in startiing line up with fred and peotl problem solved for next year

Jamiecballer
02-15-2018, 09:38 PM
replace ibaka and lowry in startiing line up with fred and peotl problem solved for next yearOk first off, that considerably weakens the strength of this team, the bench. Second, you are taking a gargantuan leap to assume either one of those guys are ready and capable for those roles. Ibaka is probably expendable though.

Jamiecballer
02-15-2018, 09:43 PM
Also, ive heard the same quotes that you probably have about some anonymous front office types suggesting that VanVleet could start right now in a handful of places but you are taking a huge leap suggesting that one of those places is a place that already has a really good one, as we do. So my guess is you are either extremely bullish on Delon Wright (as i am) or really underappreciate how important Lowry is to this team.

bucketss
02-15-2018, 11:53 PM
apparently the 1 seed has no shot at the finals, raptors in the finals would be a night mare for bspn

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/964305866634690561

Toxeryll
02-16-2018, 01:27 PM

I disagree. The ultimate goal is beating the GSW, not CLE. What trades are you thinking they could have done? I am almost certain no upgrades are available for them to take that next step. As you said, Lowry and DD are not elite so I do not think those guys will lead them to a championship especially Lowry. These young guys are really good so you can always push the reset button, retool and barely miss a beat. If you're worried about Delon or FVV, Lowry can always gtfo. Ditto for Ibaka. I am pretty sure the young guys can pick up the slack with bigger roles. You won't know if they are ready to assume bigger roles unless you put them in that situation. I do not think I am undervaluing Lowry here, he is what he is, a very good player during the season but sucks in the playoffs. This will weaken the bench, I agree but I think Masai has always built a strong bench so I am not too concerned.

Jamiecballer
02-16-2018, 04:01 PM
I disagree. The ultimate goal is beating the GSW, not CLE. What trades are you thinking they could have done? I am almost certain no upgrades are available for them to take that next step. As you said, Lowry and DD are not elite so I do not think those guys will lead them to a championship especially Lowry. These young guys are really good so you can always push the reset button, retool and barely miss a beat. If you're worried about Delon or FVV, Lowry can always gtfo. Ditto for Ibaka. I am pretty sure the young guys can pick up the slack with bigger roles. You won't know if they are ready to assume bigger roles unless you put them in that situation. I do not think I am undervaluing Lowry here, he is what he is, a very good player during the season but sucks in the playoffs. This will weaken the bench, I agree but I think Masai has always built a strong bench so I am not too concerned.

ok, well i'm not sure what is up with the first part, i never said the goal was beating Cleveland but that's my point. the Raptors have a honest chance of beating the Cavs by standing pat but next to no chance to beat the Warriors. However, nobody makes it through the NBA playoffs with an 8-9 man rotation where there best 2 players are Demar Derozan and Kyle Lowry. i love watching our deep young rotation punish other teams on a nightly basis right now but they won't be able to play as big a factor come June.

the other thing, there is a huge difference between having an amazing bench full of young players that are a wonderful unit and acting as though you can count on them being moved individually into the starting lineup and not miss a beat. our bench plays beautifully and unselfishly but they are smoking other teams reserves more often than not. unless you believe we have 10 legitimate starting NBA players which i definitely don't agree with that at all.