PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Star Weekend 2018 participants

Tg11
12-07-2017, 11:17 AM
As far as participants go for this upcoming NBA All Star Weekend 2018 in Los Angeles which guys should take part in the following events:

Skills Challenge
3-Point Shootout
NBA 2018 Slam Dunk Contest

IndyRealist
12-07-2017, 11:39 AM
I'd like to see Chandler Parsons in the 3pt contest. He needs some redemption.

On the Pacers, Bojan Bogdanovic is built for the 3pt contest. It'd be fun to see Myles Turner take a crack at it.

I'd like to see Oladipo in the skills competition, but the passing drills will kill him. Is there any way they don't put Ball in?

warfelg
12-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Ben Simmons without a doubt is going to end up in the Skills Challenge.

RoCo might end up in the 3pt contest.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Ben Simmons being a Big he will end up in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge but I wonder if Joel Embiid will also end up there? I mean it would be awesome if they did go in

But as for the NBA Slam Dunk Contest last year's was forgettable at best probably the worst I've seen so as for who should be in this year? I say Jordan Bell of the Warriors as well as Dennis Smith, Jr. of the Mavs he should be there but as for who the other 2 participants should be is anyone's guess at this point I would probably go with Larry Nance, Jr. of the Lakers since it is in L.A.

IndyRealist
12-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Ben Simmons without a doubt is going to end up in the Skills Challenge.

RoCo might end up in the 3pt contest.
+1 on Simmons.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Lonzo Ball being at NBA All Star Weekend in LA best bet Lonzo would be in the Skills Challenge he isn't fit to be in the 3-Point Shootout not that he ever would because let's face it Lonzo is not a 3 point shooter and Lonzo I don't think I have ever seen him dunk either so no he at best would be a Skills Challenge guy

warfelg
12-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Ben Simmons being a Big he will end up in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge but I wonder if Joel Embiid will also end up there? I mean it would be awesome if they did go in

But as for the NBA Slam Dunk Contest last year's was forgettable at best probably the worst I've seen so as for who should be in this year? I say Jordan Bell of the Warriors as well as Dennis Smith, Jr. of the Mavs he should be there but as for who the other 2 participants should be is anyone's guess at this point I would probably go with Larry Nance, Jr. of the Lakers since it is in L.A.

Dennis Smith Jr; Jaylen Brown; Jordan Bell; and I can't think of a last one.

I would love to see a "Legends vs Tomorrow" dunkoff. Past champs and performers against rookies/sophs in a dunkoff. I know he's injured but Lavine/DeRozen/Green/Ross vs Smith/Brown/Bell/Simmons.

Each team get's 10 dunks. It's a response style. Each guy must dunk at least once, no more than 3 times. :20 per dunk. Coin flip decides who goes first. Legends goes, then the Tomorrow team and repeat until both teams have had 10 attempts. Each dunk is scored, and the winning team is the team with the highest cumulative score.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Actually my Dunk Contest participants would be thinking about it now:

Jaylen Brown (Celtics)
Jordan Bell (Warriors)
Dennis Smith Jr. (Mavericks)
Ben Simmons (76ers)

Those would be my 4 participants this year

As for the 3 Point Shootout

1- Jayson Tatum (Celtics)
2- Chandler Parsons (Grizzlies)
3- Klay Thompson (Warriors)
4- Joe Ingles (Jazz)
5- Darius Miller (Pelicans)
6- Tobias Harris (Pistons)
7- Bojan Bogdanovic (Pacers)
8- Kyle Lowry (Raptors)

Taco Bell Skills Challenge

Bigs vs Smalls

Bigs- Demarcus Cousins (Pelicans), Joel Embiid (76ers), Ben Simmons (76ers), Kristaps Porzingis (Knicks)
Smalls- Kemba Walker (Hornets), Mike Conley (Grizzlies), John Wall (Wizards), Lonzo Ball (Lakers)

mrblisterdundee
12-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Skills Challenge: Ben Simmons, Nikola Jokic, Kevin Love, Dario Saric, D'Aaron Fox, Donovan Mitchell, Lonzo Ball, Malcom Brogdon
Three-Point Shootout: Bradley Beal, Klay Thompson, Kyle Korver, Robert Covington
Dunk Contest: Ben Simmons, Donovan Mitchell, Dennis Smith Jr., Jaylen Brown

Tg11
12-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Skills Challenge: Ben Simmons, Nikola Jokic, Kevin Love, Dario Saric, D'Aaron Fox, Donovan Mitchell, Lonzo Ball, Malcom Brogdon
Three-Point Shootout: Bradley Beal, Klay Thompson, Kyle Korver, Robert Covington
Dunk Contest: Ben Simmons, Donovan Mitchell, Dennis Smith Jr., Jaylen Brown

As far as the Skills Challenge your impressive list of Simmons, Jokic, Love and Saric you have your Bigs there and your Smalls of Fox, Mitchell, Ball and Brogdon I would pay to see this

Your 3 Point Contest I would include Beal, Klay, Korver and Covington as 4 out of the 8 but then who makes up your other 4 because it has to be 8 superstars in the contest so who would be your other 4 guys?

And your Dunk Contest participants now this this list right here it would be enough to get me excited for 2018

mightybosstone
12-07-2017, 02:48 PM
I realize the dunk contest over the past few years has primarily consisted of younger guys and role players. But at least once before he retires, I want to see Lebron James in a dunk competition. His athleticism, power and control make him such an ideal candidate, and the idea that we'll have seen pretty much every other superstar wing over the last 30 years in a dunk contest, but not Lebron, kills me.

I know there's a zero percent chance of happening, but I hope to see it happen basically every year.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 02:54 PM
LeBron doesn't need to but if he wanted to then he could easily

Vee-Rex
12-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Apparently LeBron could also be a participant in the 3-point contest if he wants. But I think he said he'd rather spend time with his friends and family or something.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Exactly which is why LeBron doesn't need to enter any of these contests because he knows if he entered any of these 3 he would win instantly the man can do it all

warfelg
12-07-2017, 05:28 PM
I realize the dunk contest over the past few years has primarily consisted of younger guys and role players. But at least once before he retires, I want to see Lebron James in a dunk competition. His athleticism, power and control make him such an ideal candidate, and the idea that we'll have seen pretty much every other superstar wing over the last 30 years in a dunk contest, but not Lebron, kills me.

I know there's a zero percent chance of happening, but I hope to see it happen basically every year.

Nate "I need 25 tries to get this dunk" Robinson beating Andre "I got AI to pass someone the ball" Igoudala was the nail in the coffin for any star wings of ever entering the dunk contest again.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 05:32 PM
The dunk contest is probably suited better for rookies and sophomores well better suited for young guys

kobe4thewinbang
12-07-2017, 07:57 PM
No love for Devin Booker? #clutch

Dude is money from deep and pretty reliable as a scorer. He should be in the 3PT shootout.

IndyRealist
12-07-2017, 08:53 PM
No love for Devin Booker? #clutch

Dude is money from deep and pretty reliable as a scorer. He should be in the 3PT shootout.

If by "money from deep" you mean 38%, then yes he is. There are currently 16 guys shooting over 45%.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 08:58 PM
If they want to include Big Baller Lonzo in the Skills Challenge it would be funny just to see Lonzo in it because of the outlandish things LaVar would say

Eagles4Lyfe
12-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Dennis Smith ain't entering any dunk contest. He's already banged up and essentially a ticking time bomb for an injury. He'll stay out of it.

Tg11
12-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Then I would replace him with Larry Nance, Jr. son of NBA legend and former Dunk Contest champion Larry Nance...having his son as a Laker in the Dunk Contest he would be following in his father's footsteps like he already has been

kobe4thewinbang
12-09-2017, 04:00 PM
If by "money from deep" you mean 38%, then yes he is. There are currently 16 guys shooting over 45%.Like, in a game. Dude gets hot like nothing.

prodigy
12-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Lonzo Ball being at NBA All Star Weekend in LA best bet Lonzo would be in the Skills Challenge he isn't fit to be in the 3-Point Shootout not that he ever would because let's face it Lonzo is not a 3 point shooter and Lonzo I don't think I have ever seen him dunk either so no he at best would be a Skills Challenge guy

Don't you gotta make a basket in the skills challenge? Lonzo's out...

prodigy
12-10-2017, 10:32 AM
korver for 3pt contest

Simmons for Skills

Mavs rookie Smith in Dunk contest

c.c.
12-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Dang no love for the current 3 pt champion

prodigy
12-13-2017, 10:47 AM
Dang no love for the current 3 pt champion

I honesty don't even remember who it is. It don't mean crap to me lol.